PDA

View Full Version : Cholesterol & eggs

BackRowBack
07-14-08, 3:20 pm
Okay, so we all know that eggs are this shit for gaining mass. High quality protein, essential nutrients, etc. As I am not that concerned with being super-ripped, and especially as I am trying to gain this summer, I have been eating almost all my eggs yolk-in (i.e. not just the whites). My question concerns the amount of cholesterol in the yolks. I know the yolks have all kinds of great nutrients, (plus they contain 1/3-1/2 of the protein in the egg) in them but I'm concerned with the amount of cholesterol I'm taking in (4-5 eggs at a time is supposedly about 200% daily cholesterol on a 2k calorie diet, which for me would be about 100-125%). Is the cholesterol contained in the yolk the "good cholesterol" which we hear about, or am I doing my body more harm then good by eating that many? Thanks.

sanga
07-14-08, 3:22 pm
Yes mate, its good, I`d keep in the yolks without a doubt.

mikejones1
07-14-08, 3:26 pm
eat some oatmeal with them eggs. oatmeal is good for lowering cholesterol. and it will make you big and strong.

Italianmuscle08
07-14-08, 3:29 pm
from what i hear it depends on your age. if your a young'n like me all that cholesterol gets turned into testosterone so i eat all the fuckin yolks i want, but say your on the older side or have a bad family history with high cholestorol or heart problems you might wanna kick down some of the yolks. but i just keep them in for the extra test and protein and all that good shyt

dominate77
07-14-08, 3:40 pm
i've worried about this too but have yet to ever throw a yolk away...i hate waste lol.

but like said just eat a lot of oatmeal. it kind of keeps my mind off of it when i think thats it not a problem. even though it might be.

BackRowBack
07-14-08, 5:29 pm
Word! That's what I like to hear. I'm only 22, and I love 'dem yolks, so this is good news. And yeah, my general post-workout breakfast is about a cup (uncooked) of oats with some honey, and about 5 eggs with a glass of milk.

Arbalest
07-14-08, 5:32 pm
Whole Eggs = Testosterone = Muscle

Cholesterol ain't gonna kill you. Triglycerides will though... Thats what hardens up the cholesterol.

Eskimos blood is like pure cholesterol. You don't see them dying from high cholesterol.

redmanPH
07-15-08, 9:29 am
Whole Eggs = Testosterone = Muscle

Cholesterol ain't gonna kill you. Triglycerides will though... Thats what hardens up the cholesterol.

Eskimos blood is like pure cholesterol. You don't see them dying from high cholesterol.

uhm, so what are triglycerides then? do they come from eggs, too?

Arbalest
07-15-08, 11:20 am
uhm, so what are triglycerides then? do they come from eggs, too?

They are a kind of fat. They sit in your fat stores, but also circulate in your blood. They are the kind of fat that harden and clog up your arteries.

Thats why they say avoid fried foods. Makes the triglyceride count go through the roof... not good.

Quadriceps
07-15-08, 11:30 am
Dietary cholesterol does NOT affect cholesterol levels in your body.

/thread

Arbalest
07-15-08, 11:53 am
Dietary cholesterol does NOT affect cholesterol levels in your body.

/thread

^^ Yes it does. Google my friend. Google.

Now to the OP: If you have high cholesterol already, it's best to avoid high cholesterol foods. Other than that, most people should have no issues.

My favorite shake: 10whole eggs, 2 scoops whey, 6tbsp Heavy Cream :) -- 1200cals of Testosterone boosting goodness!

h 3 L L b 0 y
07-15-08, 3:10 pm
It does have a little effect, but foods high in saturated fat and such are much more of an issue. If your diets sorted and you don't eat much 'bad fat' like you should, then cholesterol shouldn't be a worry (unless you have family conditions).

Arbalest
07-15-08, 3:12 pm
It does have a little effect, but foods high in saturated fat and such are much more of an issue. If your diets sorted and you don't eat much 'bad fat' like you should, then cholesterol shouldn't be a worry (unless you have family conditions).

Nah man, thats another misconception. Saturated fats like in Red Meat are good in moderation.

Now, the REAL KILLER is TRANS FATS!!!

redmanPH
07-15-08, 5:46 pm
They are a kind of fat. They sit in your fat stores, but also circulate in your blood. They are the kind of fat that harden and clog up your arteries.

Thats why they say avoid fried foods. Makes the triglyceride count go through the roof... not good.

so they come from fried foods? sounds really bad

whut if ya cooked on a teflon pan, though? (i don't use oil)

Shukin
07-15-08, 6:48 pm
"The Truth About Eggs"

http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_60/66_eating_well.html

S

Arbalest
07-15-08, 7:36 pm
"The Truth About Eggs"

http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_60/66_eating_well.html

S

Please read all articles in Detail before posting, as this may mislead people new to the iron game.

From the Article: "Experts advise that despite being low in saturated fat, one should not eat more than two eggs a day on a low-fat diet."

Sounds like another bullshit article to me... Hmmm

Lets get this thread back on topic or it will be closed.

-Arbalest

Shukin
07-15-08, 7:46 pm
The jury is still out on eggs, the more info read the more broad your spectrum becomes....
Is there no reason why bodybuilders eat 12 to 16 egg whites?
S

Arbalest
07-15-08, 7:50 pm
The jury is still out on eggs, the more info read the more broad your spectrum becomes....
Is there no reason why bodybuilders eat 12 to 16 egg whites?
S

I did. The MYTHS are only in the top paragraph. It goes onto elaborate why they believe eggs are good for you after that.

Eating on the whites is a waste of a perfect protein/fat complex. Eat the whole damn egg, or OX will #### a brick! ;)

Peace

Shukin
07-15-08, 8:00 pm
That was "I read the whole thing" not read the.....

Eating on the whites is a waste of a perfect protein/fat complex. Eat the whole damn egg, or OX will #### a brick! ;)

Peace
Wrath only eats 2 whole eggs plus 12 whites, it's in the journey... I think the question is, at least for me, how many yolks a day on a regular basis is ok? I eat 2whole plus 4 whites daily....

S

ITALIANdaSTALION
07-15-08, 8:04 pm
Bro, eggs are handsdown one of the best mass building foods you can eat for your protein intake, i have incorporated them into my diet now for almost a whole year, eating about 4 out of 6-7 meals as eggs, and i have benefitted from them greatly. Also add oatmeal to the meal, because it contains in my opinion, the best form of carbohydrates, but then again it is what works for your body type. Anyways, try eggs for a few months, you cant go wrong with them, i promise man, let me know how it goes in the future...

Arbalest
07-15-08, 8:21 pm
That was "I read the whole thing" not read the.....

Wrath only eats 2 whole eggs plus 12 whites, it's in the journey... I think the question is, at least for me, how many yolks a day on a regular basis is ok? I eat 2whole plus 4 whites daily....

S

To each his own bro. Eggs = Steroids (to Natural BB'ers) ;)

I eat 18whole eggs a day. I attribute my last 15lbs gained to my mass eating a whole eggs. Either raw, or sunnyside up. Gotta love it.

If you don't have cholesterol or other related issues, you're fine. Eat as many as you like... within reason of course.

Shukin
07-15-08, 9:01 pm
Cheers

S

prowrestler
07-15-08, 9:17 pm
im gonna go eat some now!!

doesnt matter that its 10 ocklock at night!!! eggs go well anytime!

dominate77
07-16-08, 1:24 am
To each his own bro. Eggs = Steroids (to Natural BB'ers) ;)

I eat 18whole eggs a day. I attribute my last 15lbs gained to my mass eating a whole eggs. Either raw, or sunnyside up. Gotta love it.

If you don't have cholesterol or other related issues, you're fine. Eat as many as you like... within reason of course.

18 a day? thats fuckin brutal man. I almost puke every morning on just 5. I do notice that when i eat them for lunch instead of breakfast they're more tolerable but i still fuckin hate them. I've been eating them every single day (minus a sick day or 2) and they still haven't grown on me.

Arbalest
07-16-08, 10:10 am
18 a day? thats fuckin brutal man. I almost puke every morning on just 5. I do notice that when i eat them for lunch instead of breakfast they're more tolerable but i still fuckin hate them. I've been eating them every single day (minus a sick day or 2) and they still haven't grown on me.

LOL! Yeah... Its actually down from 22-24. o_O

They get expensive. I like the Omega3 eggs, or just organic brown ones. I usually just use the cheapo white ones, and throw in 2-3 Omegas or browns just for flavor!

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if they will ever grow on you. My favorite seasoning might help you out. Its called Vegetable Supreme by McCormicks. Just dash that on the top of them and it adds a nice flavor that shouldn't effect anyone's diet.

Let me know how it goes.

-Arbalest

mikejones1
07-16-08, 10:15 am
i throw natures promise organic spinach leaves on my eggs and cook em. tastes great

Arbalest
07-16-08, 10:42 am
i throw natures promise organic spinach leaves on my eggs and cook em. tastes great

That sounds good. I'll try that tonight at dinner!

dominate77
07-16-08, 10:47 am
LOL! Yeah... Its actually down from 22-24. o_O

They get expensive. I like the Omega3 eggs, or just organic brown ones. I usually just use the cheapo white ones, and throw in 2-3 Omegas or browns just for flavor!

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if they will ever grow on you. My favorite seasoning might help you out. Its called Vegetable Supreme by McCormicks. Just dash that on the top of them and it adds a nice flavor that shouldn't effect anyone's diet.

Let me know how it goes.

-Arbalest

Theres a difference in taste between omega3's and regular white ones?

definitely will look for some of that stuff the next time i'm at safeway, willing to try anything to make them taste better lol. thanks for the tip bro.

krazyassmexican
07-16-08, 11:10 am
spend a dollar more for each dozen and get yourself some eggsland best eggs

problem solved!

simpleguy
07-16-08, 11:27 am
this damn debate could go on forever... I think it depends on each one's diet approach - if it fits your macros it the whole thing

McFly
07-16-08, 11:30 am
I ate whole eggs most of last years offseason and to be very honest I did not 'feel' healthy consuming that much fat. However, i was eating a lot more "planned" fat then i ever have. Don't get me wrong I GREW last year (got up to 260) for sure but I didn't feel good...perhaps it was the added NEW weight gain or it was mentally (as we know i am a headcase at times) once i switched from whole eggs to egg whites and sourced most of my faats from meat, supplements almonds and natty PB i did feel much better.

Now my precontest diet has no extra added fat sources that don't come from my meat sources and I feel great even though i'm eating less then half the calories I ate offseason, I'm strong as i've ever been and getting leaner every week....so most likely i will keep the fats much lower this years offseason and add more carbs to make up the calories vs. all the fats i ate last year and see where that takes me....

just my .02....low carbed .02 if that matters LOL

redmanPH
07-17-08, 7:49 pm
i have a question, is it okay to spread your egg intake throughout the day? like 2 during breaky, another 2 lunch, then snacks, so on... or should you all take it during bfast or something?

another thing, im just wondering if there's any difference in drinking raw eggs from boiling or cooking (dry fry) eggs.

thanks bros

ROC1291
07-17-08, 10:18 pm
i have a question, is it okay to spread your egg intake throughout the day? like 2 during breaky, another 2 lunch, then snacks, so on... or should you all take it during bfast or something?

another thing, im just wondering if there's any difference in drinking raw eggs from boiling or cooking (dry fry) eggs.

thanks bros

eggs are just like food. treat them like it. not like a supplement bro.
raw eggs are where its at, salmonella is not to be worried about. An infected egg is quite noticeable and it's some absurd number for what the chances are of getting it.
I'm at 3 raw eggs in the morning now, just because I cannot eat egg whites. They make me fucking sick.
Im thinking about eating an additional three with my shake before sleep.

simpleguy
07-18-08, 12:51 am

thanks bros

I think wrath (not sure) used to eat 4 whole eggs with every meal in the offseason... I prefer my eggs hardboiled just because my stomach doesn't really handle them raw...

krazyassmexican
07-18-08, 8:17 am
I think wrath (not sure) used to eat 4 whole eggs with every meal in the offseason... I prefer my eggs hardboiled just because my stomach doesn't really handle them raw...

read machine's journey, the first pages

ChandlerXJ
07-18-08, 8:56 am
I'm pretty sure if you took like 3 raw eggs and added your chocolate protein to it and blended it with ice it would taste like ice cream...

my mom used to make me milkshakes when I was a kid - ice cream, 2 raw eggs, milk... tasted fantastic.

shizz702
07-18-08, 9:26 am
Raw eggs are a staple in my diet, shit I just had 5 as my pre breakfatst upon waking.

J-Dawg
07-18-08, 9:34 am

thanks bros

It depends largely on what other foods you are eating throughout the day. Eggs are a pretty cheap way to pack in a lot of protein and EFAs with your meals. If you're just eating 2 eggs and nothing else, then you better increase this ASAP but if you're having steak/chicken etc with the eggs, then it's a different story.

As for raw vs. the other methods of cooking, from a science perspective (yeah, I'm a science nerd, but I like to use foods as efficiently as possible) raw eggs are the hardest to digest while scrambled ruins the EFAs. Boiled in my opinion, are best (though I think scrambled tastes the best). Shit, even though raw eggs are the least digestible, how easy is it to just pop 'em into a protein shake and you're done. You can argue the semantics all day but in the big scheme of things, as long as you are getting that shit in your body, that's the key. See what works for you and keep consistent.

Wasteland
07-18-08, 10:44 am
Okay, so we all know that eggs are this shit for gaining mass. High quality protein, essential nutrients, etc. As I am not that concerned with being super-ripped, and especially as I am trying to gain this summer, I have been eating almost all my eggs yolk-in (i.e. not just the whites). My question concerns the amount of cholesterol in the yolks. I know the yolks have all kinds of great nutrients, (plus they contain 1/3-1/2 of the protein in the egg) in them but I'm concerned with the amount of cholesterol I'm taking in (4-5 eggs at a time is supposedly about 200% daily cholesterol on a 2k calorie diet, which for me would be about 100-125%). Is the cholesterol contained in the yolk the "good cholesterol" which we hear about, or am I doing my body more harm then good by eating that many? Thanks.

Why exactly are you worried about the cholesterol? Because you're afraid it will increase your blood cholesterol levels? Or something eles?

dominate77
07-18-08, 2:10 pm
It depends largely on what other foods you are eating throughout the day. Eggs are a pretty cheap way to pack in a lot of protein and EFAs with your meals. If you're just eating 2 eggs and nothing else, then you better increase this ASAP but if you're having steak/chicken etc with the eggs, then it's a different story.

As for raw vs. the other methods of cooking, from a science perspective (yeah, I'm a science nerd, but I like to use foods as efficiently as possible) raw eggs are the hardest to digest while scrambled ruins the EFAs. Boiled in my opinion, are best (though I think scrambled tastes the best). Shit, even though raw eggs are the least digestible, how easy is it to just pop 'em into a protein shake and you're done. You can argue the semantics all day but in the big scheme of things, as long as you are getting that shit in your body, that's the key. See what works for you and keep consistent.

scrambled ruins the EFA's? damn never knew that...guess i'll see if theres another way i can get by eating them.

redmanPH
07-20-08, 3:47 am
scrambled ruins the EFA's? damn never knew that...guess i'll see if theres another way i can get by eating them.

yeah me too, never knew scrambled ruins things.

guess i've to keep to hardboiled. it's my only option now since my stomcah doesn't really agree with raw

ROC1291
07-20-08, 1:35 pm
I fuck with raw all day.
You can kind of feel them not digesting sometimes, but I've never had a problem yet.
Goes down just like everything else, and it's the simplicity of throwing 4 whole eggs in my shake that really gets me going.

HardGainer369
07-21-08, 3:11 pm
Guys is it ok to put in say 12 eggs in your blender..with milk...and then throughout that day and the next use that for eggs? im getting annoyed with always having to beat the eggs to get them ready lol. or is this a bad idea?

Hollow
07-21-08, 3:23 pm
Guys is it ok to put in say 12 eggs in your blender..with milk...and then throughout that day and the next use that for eggs? im getting annoyed with always having to beat the eggs to get them ready lol. or is this a bad idea?

Some of the grocery stores carry the "egg beaters" which are blended eggs already in a carton.

HardGainer369
07-21-08, 3:35 pm
im def going to look into that...thanks hollow..which one by the way? both of us being from ontario which one do you get yours at?

Hollow
07-21-08, 3:37 pm
im def going to look into that...thanks hollow..which one by the way? both of us being from ontario which one do you get yours at?

Sam's Club has them but I am not sure if there is one in your area, if you have a COSTCO check them out.

simpleguy
07-21-08, 3:40 pm

maybe same day is ok, just not the next day...

Big Wides
07-21-08, 3:56 pm
Who here eats brown eggs?

HardGainer369
07-21-08, 4:14 pm
im going to start looking for pasteurized eggs..i read that those are ok to just drink raw, i am getting to lazy to cook them lol.

Italianmuscle08
07-21-08, 4:55 pm
im going to start looking for pasteurized eggs..i read that those are ok to just drink raw, i am getting to lazy to cook them lol.

yea me to. pasteurized=good to chug right?

Italianmuscle08
07-21-08, 5:10 pm
also if im drinking pasteurized eggs can i drink the yolk or is the pasteurization strictly limited to the egg white

redskin 344
11-05-08, 8:51 pm
Why do hardgainers go so crazy with eggs?
I know that the protein of egg whites are perfect but the yolks contain very amount high cholosterol and I read articles of poeple eating 5 eggs a meal...wtf is the matter with you.?
are they asking to die?

stumblin54
11-05-08, 8:58 pm
Hardgainers and endomorphs alike, eggs are great. Educate yourself before asking what is wrong with "us" as well, please. The fat in the eggs is not so bad unless you're predisposed to cholesterol problems, and the fat they contain is actually "healthy" fat. With all the essential vitamins and minerals, not to mention their great amino profile, if you're not eating them I would ask "wtf is the matter with you?..."

Stumblin

AFTazz06
11-05-08, 9:08 pm
I agree 110% with Stumblin, i eat 6 large whole eggs every morning as i'm on keto and its worked wonders for me. Also i've had my physical and the Doc said i'm as healthy as horse, blood work came back clean and everything is where it should be. Eggs are great, easy to cook and a great way to start the day. Also if your putting in your dues in the gym, doing your cardio as your suppose to, your body will use up the eggs and everything they contain as well as all the other foods you eat to help you grow.

T-GUN
11-06-08, 3:13 am
Well put Stumblin. Just like to add that eggs have a high bioavailability as well. I've had to educate friends and family on how healthy eggs really are. Well Ive had to educate them on a lot of misconceptions about food and exercise but thats for another thread in itself.

redskin 344
11-06-08, 8:22 am
Hardgainers and endomorphs alike, eggs are great. Educate yourself before asking what is wrong with "us" as well, please. The fat in the eggs is not so bad unless you're predisposed to cholesterol problems, and the fat they contain is actually "healthy" fat. With all the essential vitamins and minerals, not to mention their great amino profile, if you're not eating them I would ask "wtf is the matter with you?..."

Stumblin

Oh that was my bad, I didnt mean any offense on anyone, especcially the moderators of this site.

I just thought that eating 5 eggs a meal would be way too much because of the high cholesterol. I dont even have more than 2 eggs every morning. I mean I think eggs are the best source of high quality protein but wont the high cholesterol in the yolks of eating 5 eggs, let alone the high cholesterol in having one egg, be dangerous, or is it benficial?

shizz702
11-06-08, 8:41 am
This has been debunked over and over again, eggs are the last thing you should be worrying about, they are good for you and there's really no need to limit your intake on them. Read this:http://stronglifts.com/the-truth-on-high-cholesterol-levels-egg-consumption/

Toni69
11-06-08, 8:55 am
unless you have a history of bad cholesterol or issues in your family concerning high cholesterol, its not an issue for you. Its saturated fats thats a main concern and what contributes to obesity and heart problems in America. Now, im not supporting the idea of eating a dozen whole eggs every day either..however combining 2-3 whole eggs with eggwhites for a healthy BB'r or athlete, not a problem.

LDL cholesterol: LDL stands for low-density lipoproteins. Think L is for "loser," since LDL is "bad cholesterol." It blocks arteries, which can lead to heart attacks and strokes.

HDL cholesterol: HDL stands for high-density lipoproteins. Think H is for "happy," since HDL is "good cholesterol." It helps remove fat deposits and keeps arteries from getting blocked.

Triglycerides: These fats increase the chance of having a heart attack or stroke if the level in your blood is too high.

if this is a concern for you, a simple little pin prick by any family doc will determine whether or not 2-5 eggs a day is actually in your best interest or not.

redskin 344
11-06-08, 9:04 am
unless you have a history of bad cholesterol or issues in your family concerning high cholesterol, its not an issue for you. Its saturated fats thats a main concern and what contributes to obesity and heart problems in America. Now, im not supporting the idea of eating a dozen whole eggs every day either..however combining 2-3 whole eggs with eggwhites for a healthy BB'r or athlete, not a problem.

LDL cholesterol: LDL stands for low-density lipoproteins. Think L is for "loser," since LDL is "bad cholesterol." It blocks arteries, which can lead to heart attacks and strokes.

HDL cholesterol: HDL stands for high-density lipoproteins. Think H is for "happy," since HDL is "good cholesterol." It helps remove fat deposits and keeps arteries from getting blocked.

Triglycerides: These fats increase the chance of having a heart attack or stroke if the level in your blood is too high.

if this is a concern for you, a simple little pin prick by any family doc will determine whether or not 2-5 eggs a day is actually in your best interest or not.

Trust me I know what tryglicerides, HDL and LDL are..I have done alot of reseach on them

I do too much research on fish oil and they greatly help with increasing HDL, decreasing LDL and triglicerides.

redskin 344
11-06-08, 9:14 am
This has been debunked over and over again, eggs are the last thing you should be worrying about, they are good for you and there's really no need to limit your intake on them. Read this:http://stronglifts.com/the-truth-on-high-cholesterol-levels-egg-consumption/

In the article it says that it is always better to have high cholesterol levels than low cholesterol levels. So all these ads on tv about quaker oatmeal and honey nut cherios and drugs for reducing cholesterol are all just crazy?

stumblin54
11-06-08, 1:29 pm
You want a higher HDL than LDL, and all the foods that lower your cholesterol are utilized to lower you LDL.

Stumblin

redskin 344
11-06-08, 2:22 pm
You want a higher HDL than LDL, and all the foods that lower your cholesterol are utilized to lower you LDL.

Stumblin

But wont having too many eggs increase LDL?

Ive read that cholesterol is necessary for fast muscle and strength gains but is it worth it if it will put u at risk of coronary heart disease?

GJN5002
11-06-08, 2:37 pm
not necessarily, again there have been studies done showing eggs do not increase ldl.

Youre 17, eat your eggs.

If youre that worried go get a cholesterol test, eat your eggs, then have it rechecke din a few months and see if it has changed then you will know for sure how it effects you.

redskin 344
11-06-08, 3:05 pm
not necessarily, again there have been studies done showing eggs do not increase ldl.

Youre 17, eat your eggs.

If youre that worried go get a cholesterol test, eat your eggs, then have it rechecke din a few months and see if it has changed then you will know for sure how it effects you.

Nice, trust me I want to eat more eggs.
Just yesterday and today I ate THREE eggs...holy shit
lol . I plan on increasing and eat probably 4-5 eggs daily so long as I dont get fat considering I am cuttin.

Ragnar13
11-06-08, 3:12 pm

That right there is great advice. Get your current chol levels tested then eat some eggs. 6 months later get tested again.

I am not a doctor, but I play a medic in the Army. (SMOS)

MojoMike36
11-06-08, 3:18 pm
Eggs are boss when it comes to cutting. I don't know how everyone else feels about them but they're truly amazing. I eat eggs 2-3 meals a day every day. Gotta love it.

Added:
Btw last time I got tested my cholesterol levels were exceptional. My father has high cholesterol and so do my Grandfathers on both sides.

IMO - Cholesterol is just something to worried later in life when you may potentially be leading a sedentary lifestyle due to a career or parent hood.

simpleguy
11-06-08, 3:50 pm
idk bro, many bbs eat more then a dozen eggs per day and have perfect cholesterol levels... compare that to the average guy who eats 3 eggs a week fried in vegetable oil of course, and then chases that with some oreos... and sitting on the couch all day long

so now you know... eat your eggs, don't worry... also, if you can afford it, grab the omega-3 eggs, imo a great choice for both cutting or bulking

shotzie
11-06-08, 4:08 pm
Yeah i think the whole egg deal is a joke. Eggs are perfetcly fine. Since i live on a farm i get an unlimited amount of eggs so i eat around 5-12 a day. I never had any health problems and ive actually lost a few pounds just eating eggs more often.

AFTazz06
11-06-08, 5:44 pm
Yeah i think the whole egg deal is a joke. Eggs are perfetcly fine. Since i live on a farm i get an unlimited amount of eggs so i eat around 5-12 a day. I never had any health problems and ive actually lost a few pounds just eating eggs more often.

Dude, send me a couple of chickens! that would save me a shit ton of money on buyings eggs every week. haha!

redskin 344
11-06-08, 6:16 pm
damn now im definately gonna eat more eggs during the day, ive been seeing them as these little cholesterol enriched devils and now Im convinced that they wont do shit to you,except get you cutting bulking and stronger at a faster rate.

TheBassGuy
11-06-08, 9:26 pm
eggs=good
good=good

eat your eggs.

redskin 344
11-06-08, 9:27 pm
eggs=good
good=good

eat your eggs.

My God bassguy I think you're on to something!

good=good..? I never thought of it that way

MELTDOWN
11-06-08, 11:01 pm
no....
good = more better

TheBassGuy
11-06-08, 11:19 pm
no....
good = more better

well played, sir.

stumblin54
11-07-08, 10:46 am
no....
good = more better

good = most best?

Stumblin

redskin 344
11-07-08, 6:02 pm
good = most best?

Stumblin

this is a revolution we got goin on here

a brothas gotta have his eggs, and i love eggs.

is anyone here aware of the facts like eggs from other birds such as geese contain 20 grams of fat (oly 5 grams being saturated fat) and 20 grams of protein... all in one goose egg.

stumblin54
11-08-08, 4:40 pm
is anyone here aware of the facts like eggs from other birds such as geese contain 20 grams of fat (oly 5 grams being saturated fat) and 20 grams of protein... all in one goose egg.

...and if you can afford five dozen of those per week then more power to you. The dollar has a lot of say in the foods you are able to eat consistently week after week, month after month, year after year, ya heard?

Stumblin

redskin 344
11-09-08, 8:48 am
...and if you can afford five dozen of those per week then more power to you. The dollar has a lot of say in the foods you are able to eat consistently week after week, month after month, year after year, ya heard?

Stumblin

I dont even know if they sell geese eggs in stores

spanish.iron
11-11-08, 3:43 pm
I've been eating 5-10 WHOLE eggs everyday for the past 3 years and I'm doing pretty good. I feel solid. My mom gave me hell for a while but I kept eating them and here I am... still pretty fucking good. lol.

Aggression
11-13-08, 12:15 pm
When I'm bulking (currently), I have 5 whole eggs in the morning. If I'm up for it, I may even make myself an omelet at night with 3-4 eggs. Show me some research/studies where a person died from eating too many eggs.

dexz101
11-13-08, 6:11 pm
you said you don't want to get fat, becuz your cutting?
shit I lost 40 Lbs of fat in like 6months, and I ate 1 dozen eggs everyday
5 whites, 1 whole plus a cup of plain oats for the first two meals everyday.
and loss fat while gaining lean muscle. Plus you say youre 17 youve got some time to experiment a .little.
If it don't kill ya.....

redskin 344
11-13-08, 6:43 pm
you said you don't want to get fat, becuz your cutting?
shit I lost 40 Lbs of fat in like 6months, and I ate 1 dozen eggs everyday
5 whites, 1 whole plus a cup of plain oats for the first two meals everyday.
and loss fat while gaining lean muscle. Plus you say youre 17 youve got some time to experiment a .little.
If it don't kill ya.....

when Im in college in next year im gonna eat all the damn eggs I want and order at least 10 supplements, one being torrent.

Gunslinger
11-26-08, 5:21 pm
re-post, start with the most important topic for us heavy lifting athletes... diet

how many eggs a day is safe? have read that egg yolk has 2/3 the daily recommendation worth of cholesterol per egg yolk. what are the other nutritional facts? how much protein per egg white? can overcooking (ie boiling for too long effect the proteins) ? what is everybodies favourite way to cook and eat eggs?

Hope to hear from somebody, anybody... cavell aka the 'Sling'

shotzie
12-02-08, 3:12 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21741

Arbalest
12-02-08, 3:35 pm
I eat 18 a day... Still.

Omega 3. Eggland's Best

Carpe Diem P.T
12-02-08, 3:43 pm
I eat 18 a day... Still.

Omega 3. Eggland's Best

i sussed out your bodyspace arbalest. looking good bro. great triceps

Aggression
12-02-08, 3:49 pm
re-post, start with the most important topic for us heavy lifting athletes... diet

how many eggs a day is safe? have read that egg yolk has 2/3 the daily recommendation worth of cholesterol per egg yolk. what are the other nutritional facts? how much protein per egg white? can overcooking (ie boiling for too long effect the proteins) ? what is everybodies favourite way to cook and eat eggs?

Hope to hear from somebody, anybody... cavell aka the 'Sling'

At different times in the past year eggs have been great for you, and eggs have been bad for you. The high level of cholesterol negatively effected you, then a few months later it had no effect. I say fuck it. I eat 5 in the morning EVERY morning. If I feel like makin an omelet in the evening, I do. And I don't worry about the ''bad stuff in the egg''

Arbalest
12-02-08, 3:50 pm
i sussed out your bodyspace arbalest. looking good bro. great triceps

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

Jay_de
12-02-08, 4:19 pm
when Im in college in next year im gonna eat all the damn eggs I want and order at least 10 supplements, one being torrent.

In that case, I hope you have enough student loan money left over to buy your books....lol.

Universal Rep
12-02-08, 4:28 pm
Why do hardgainers go so crazy with eggs?
I know that the protein of egg whites are perfect but the yolks contain very amount high cholosterol and I read articles of poeple eating 5 eggs a meal...wtf is the matter with you.?
are they asking to die?

The real question is, what is implicated in bad cholesterol profiles in the body? Dietary intake of cholesterol or saturated fat?

TheBanta
12-02-08, 4:36 pm
In that case, I hope you have enough student loan money left over to buy your books....lol.

i made that mistake! IM BROKEEEEE

DayDream
02-11-09, 3:38 pm
Something I came across, might interest you guys..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7882850.stm

GJN5002
02-11-09, 3:42 pm
Great find. Looks like a pretty definitive answer to this age old question.

C.Coronato
02-11-09, 3:43 pm
Good Find!!

MELTDOWN
02-11-09, 3:48 pm
glad to see "researchers" coming around. but it's funny, but sad at the same time, that it takes a news article or big research to make people believe what they know is already true.

fenix237
02-11-09, 5:05 pm
it's funny that over the last 20 years, how many food are considered healthy at one point, only to be deemed unhealthy a few years later; the same people who say eating a Special K cereal bar or some shit like that is a healthy breakfast- it's a joke! we've seen this with eggs, milk, red meat, PB, protein consumption etc....

in the meantime, people who know, aka athletes, bodybuilders, etc just keep eating the foods that have PROVEN for generations to be healthy and promote fat loss and muscle gain, and they perform and look great. i eat a lot of eggs and red meat daily and my cholesterol is in the 180's...

i guess some people need to be told what to eat?

Pizzalamp
02-11-09, 9:01 pm
eggs are the best-i love em

BB
02-12-09, 2:44 am
interesting stuff!!!

Beast Genetics
02-12-09, 3:02 pm
Thanks for the info!

bigjosh22
03-22-09, 7:30 pm
any of you fella's worrying about your egg intake? worry no longer! bit of conclusive research to ease your minds....(!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7882850.stm

Pizzalamp
03-22-09, 7:33 pm
eggs are the greatest food ever

mritter3
03-22-09, 8:02 pm
8 egglands best eggs every morning, cant go wrong with that.

kevinyu
09-16-10, 7:46 pm
i keep hearing rumors about eating too much eggs is a bad thing. mainly because of the 212mg cholestrol.
is it bad to eat eggs everyday?
im eating around 6-8 whole eggs a day

machineman
09-16-10, 9:02 pm
i keep hearing rumors about eating too much eggs is a bad thing. mainly because of the 212mg cholestrol.
is it bad to eat eggs everyday?
im eating around 6-8 whole eggs a day

This is false. If you have high chol to start with, eating eggs will not help it. If your chol is fine to start with, eggs will not elevate it. I got this straight from my Dr last year when I started Rage's cutting diet.

Ass to Ankles
09-16-10, 10:36 pm
Dietary cholesterol only accounts for 15% of body levels

TigerAce01
09-16-10, 10:44 pm
Eggs also include the emulsifier lecithin, which basically nullifies the cholesterol. So much in fact that eggs can even lower your cholesterol. I remember an experiment in which there were three groups of food testing for cholesterol...milk, eggs, and both. The eggs and milk and eggs group cholesterol never raised, while the milk group did slightly. The lecithin allowed the milk and egg group to emulsify the cholesterol completely.

-Ace

Big Bay
09-17-10, 12:45 am
Supplementing the proper amount of EFA's will also lower your cholesterol. Red Rice Yeast extract also lowers cholesterol really well too.

TigerAce01
09-17-10, 2:40 am
Supplementing the proper amount of EFA's will also lower your cholesterol. Red Rice Yeast extract also lowers cholesterol really well too.

Red Rice Yeast can also stress your liver pretty badly. Be sure to stack it with some milk thistle and other detoxifying agents.

-Ace

violator
09-17-10, 2:51 am
It has been proven in numerous studies that Dietary cholestrol has no effect on blood serum cholesterol levels...

Jay
09-17-10, 3:43 am
I thought thats why most consume the egg whites, and only 1-2 yolks?

Girevik 69
09-17-10, 7:03 am
Red Rice Yeast can also stress your liver pretty badly. Be sure to stack it with some milk thistle and other detoxifying agents.

-Ace

Indeed, Red Yeast Rice is a natural statin source, so it's chemically similar to a lot of the perscription cholesterol-lowering medications. It's important to supplement with COQ10 when using Red Yeast Rice, because Red Yeast Rice lowers COQ10 levels. It's also a good idea to get regular bloodwork done, to check for any liver problems.

PORTERHOUSE
09-17-10, 12:26 pm
I thought thats why most consume the egg whites, and only 1-2 yolks?

That's because of fat bro, not cholesterol.

JasonG
09-17-10, 1:39 pm
I just went to a dietician because my labs came back with borderline high cholesteral and my good cholesteral was almost nil. Yeah not good. She looked at my diet and supplementation and suprisingly didn't have too much to say. She said looking at my labs and looking at my figure is making her take a different approach than normal. She said she would normally tell people to lower their protein intake but she said I'm doing it with sincere goals in mind. The only thing is she suggested I split my protein drink into two separate drinks because she doesn't believe I can digest 50g at one sitting, but is fine with my total intake of protein per day. Basically she's thinking it's genetic and a lack of fiber in my diet. I'm taking vytorin to help with the cholesteral and increasing my fiber. She didn't say one work about the 4 whites plus 2 whole eggs I eat every day.

Aggression
09-17-10, 1:52 pm
I recently had blood work done and the results came back with my cholesterol being slightly above the recommended limit. I usually consume eggs in the morning and red meat at least once per day and sometimes finish the day with another meal containing whole eggs. I did have low cholesterol as a kid, so it may just be a genetic thing ...

Doc told me to start eating less whole eggs and more egg whites. Also told me to cut back on the red meat. Yeah, OK ...

Chico
09-17-10, 2:21 pm
this shit better not be true cause i am on the anabolic diet and i eat at least 5 whole eggs a day and 1.5-2 pounds of meat a day haha

aileenroger1
09-18-10, 1:34 am
Egg yolks have cholesterol high. Even if they are healthy for you too a good thing can be bad for you. You can try to limit oneself to one egg yolk per day.If high cholesterol is a problem for you, you can always substitute two egg whites for one whole egg in omelets and other recipes requiring eggs.

IronWilson
09-18-10, 1:42 am
Yes, eggs may raise your cholesterol. They will raise your HDL (good) cholesterol levels. This is not a bad thing at all.

The reason why egg yolks get the bad rap is that studies were done a long time ago, (think 1950s.) and eggs were found to raise HDL cholesterol in subjects. The problem was that they didn't know the difference between good and bad cholesterol. So everyone has been thinking that eggs will clog your arteries for the past few decades. It is a deep nutritional myth that has now been debunked. Too bad most doctors and nutritionists didn't get the memo.

The only reason to steer clear of whole eggs is if you already have cholesterol problems. Eggs are the best food for bodybuilding ever.

charlievanriper
09-18-10, 2:42 am
Egg yolks have cholesterol high. Even if they are healthy for you too a good thing can be bad for you. You can try to limit oneself to one egg yolk per day.If high cholesterol is a problem for you, you can always substitute two egg whites for one whole egg in omelets and other recipes requiring eggs.

Horse Crap! Whole Eggs are Natures Most perfect food source. I still eat a dozen every day ( 2 added at every meal regardless of what else I eat) and at 50 plus I still have a better Blood Profile than you Egg White eaters. lol

Girevik 69
09-18-10, 8:36 am
Legendary strength coach Bill Starr advocates consuming the whole egg, and I agree.