PDA

View Full Version : We are ANIMALS in the gym, but we are only human in reality!

Mr. Aestheticz
07-17-08, 12:03 pm
This is just a story of someone who I love dearly who is my inspiration, motivation, mentor, a reason for my success, is a second father to me, and much much more!

Dedicated to my mothers fiance RG aka "Partna"

My mothers fiance used to be an inspiration in any gym he stepped into. Not because of how he looked, it wasn't his clean cut hair, not his piercing blue eyes, not his bull like legs and calves, or his silver back gorilla hands and forearms. He had a stomach that looked like it was made of 8 bricks, a chest molded by pure marble, and back that made the rocky mountains look like hills. He was healthy, smart, intelligent, helping, and was OLD SCHOOL. He wasn't a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter, but was just a lifter who loved the sport of IRON, SWEAT, BLOOD, and EVERYTHING we admire and adore about this sport.

The fact he could squat 600 lbs in smooth controlled motions, and bench press weight close to 500 lbs with the force and might of a Greek god made him look like a comic book hero. He didn't scream, yell, grunt, moan, or slam weight around like a baby playing with pots and pans. He wasn't afraid to offer a helping hand, a spot, advice (when it was asked), or even ask questions himself. He would put people in their proper places in a quiet low key manner when he felt their gym etiquette was out of place and explain what they did wrong.

He worked 10 to 12 hour days carrying heavy loads, delivering here - picking up there, fixing this, and fixing that. He never missed a meal, a shake, a supp, or ounce of water, and her never made an excuse as to why he couldn't lift, better yet he found reasons why he should. After long grueling days at work and heart bursting lift he still manged to make it home in time to play with his kids and spend time with his family. This in my eyes is a true ANIMAL and a true MAN. If you were to ask me to define a man or the definition of a man I would just simply say his name.

This ANIMAL/Man has been in my life now for about 11 years, it has been nothing but an honor and privilege to be associated with such a great person. I must add that my mother is a very lucky woman to find such a special partner post separation from my father. Kind of weird saying that even thought its been years since their divorce lmao.

I learned 90% of everything I know from him, though through the years of lifting and training for football of levels as high as semi-pro, I am speaking more on a level of bodybuilding. I do do all my training and dieting OLD SCHOOL (not knocking the new school but OLD SCHOOL is where it is at for me), him and my trainer are the ones who put me onto ANIMAL/Universal supplements. My mothers fiance said "look I took this stuff back in my day and they are still around, so if it isn't broken why fix it right?", and he couldn't have been more right, I have been using ANIMAL/Universal since I have started my 18 week outing for my first show and am completely addicted!

Now I am going to get into why I am writing this about 1 1/2 years ago my mothers fiance was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease and was given 2 years max to live. Well it is like I said 1 1/2 years into his illness and though he shows signs of getting worse he is still pushing and ticking. My mother and I do not know what to expect further and how much longer he may have, and to see a man you first met being as big as a house and reduced to what he is now due to a disease that EFFECTS APPROXIMATELY 30,000 AMERICANS. Think about that fact, 30,000 American out of the MILLIONS-BILLIONS of people that live in the US.

He always says "what I would give to put on a pair of size 40 waist pants and at the pant leg have it fit like an undersized condom on a man" (LMAO did i mention he is hilarious). Or for him to just step into a gym and smell the sweat and odor of raw muscle at work. This is something that actually breaks me and tears me apart. To see someone with so much passion, desire, and drive who would give anything to push a bar, pull a weight, or just grab a dumbbell, SPEAK WITH SUCH A CALM TONE, NOT COMPLAIN, NOT BITCH, OR ASK FOR SYMPATHY, and is basically fading away! This my friends is a true ANIMAL, but yet is just a human being.

He tells me everyday of how proud of me and my accomplishments and strides I have made and taken, and that getting to see me on stage is one thing that will make his life complete before he passes (imagine the pressure that puts on me to make sure that I give him everything he deserves out of me).

He is my reason for wanting to be the next generation of bodybuilding, he is my motivation, he is what keeps me in focus, he is the thought in my head when it is leg day and I rrreeeaaallllllyyyy do not want to squat and I ask what would he do or say. Mainly I tell myself "STOP BITCHIN, STOP CRYING, AT LEAST YOU CAN STILL SQUAT!!!". I am sharing this with you today because I don't want sympathy, I don't want you to feel sympathy for him, or any other sympathetic reason.

I am sharing this because I just wants us as ANIMALS/Bodybuilders/Powerlifters/Athletes to realize the gifts, talents, and abilities we have, and to use them to our full potential and always give 110%. We are not guaranteed a fuckin thing in this life, nothing is ever given it is earned, and if we keep our dreams locked up close to our hearts no one can every steal them away from us. Never make excuses as to why you can't lift or why you should cheat, make reasons why you should lift and won't cheat yourself. Though we are ANIMAL's in our community, remember we are only HUMAN and only have one life, so in the midst of your/our hardcore living DO NOT FORGET TO ALWAYS TELL YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY/LOVE ONES YOU LOVE THEM. Because in the end of all our shakes, pills, powders, meals, drinks, supplements, barbell's, dumbbells, and weights WE ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE, ONE FAMILY, AND ONE SHOT TO DO AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT!

MANY BLESSINGS!

Mr. Aestheticz

firsthorseman97
07-17-08, 12:17 pm
Powerful writing and message. Best of luck on your journey to your show.

Lunatic001
07-17-08, 12:26 pm
Inspirational and eye opening post...thanks bro...

LittleMan55
07-17-08, 12:32 pm
Great stuff bro! Best of luck...

shizz702
07-17-08, 12:44 pm
Beautiful post bro! Very inspirational! You are definitely going to leave you your mark in the bodybuilding world with the drive and mindset you have there!

general
07-17-08, 1:58 pm
That is a powerful tribute that any man would be proud to here. You should make sure he gets to read it as well.

Maccabee
07-17-08, 11:12 pm
You are very fortunate to have such a great man apart of your life. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Mr. Aestheticz
07-18-08, 9:23 am
I greatly appreciate all the brothas comments, wishes, and for taking time to read my little story, also for letting me open up, not too many people would understand where I am/we are coming from.

This ANIMAL/Man and my journey mean a lot to me, and when I get sick and tired of cardio, dieting, popping pills, and drinking this and that I always remember I am still fortunate enough that I can do these things and must take advantage now because I am not promised $#!T!

Thanks again!

Firedrake
08-08-08, 9:54 pm
Mr. A., I want to thank you for an incredibly moving and inspiring note.

I'm 54, have been lifting for 40 years, (well, 38 of that, because I spent the last two years unable to hit the gym due to severe spinal problems, corrected one year ago last month), and am more inspired than ever to get my ass back at it Animal style. I started back to the gym two weeks ago, and am just beginning to actually push myself -- it feels damn good.

Please give your stepfather my very best wishes, and you and your mom have my prayers for strength and serenity in dealing with the situation.

Psycho77
08-11-08, 9:54 am
Great write bro. Good luck and GOd bless.

hatebreedXXX69
08-12-08, 12:05 pm
thanks a lot bro. May God bless you and your family.

JUGGERNAUT
08-12-08, 12:23 pm
That was perfection

Mr. Aestheticz
08-12-08, 12:31 pm
Thank you very much again to everyone's compliments and warm wishes!

"Partna" is doing ok but still little by little fading, BUT he is by far any means down and out!

I am coming up on 4 weeks until my show, and by the face and the name of whatever holy spirit you may or may not believe in!

I AM GOING TO GIVE HIM MY ALL!

Many Blessings!

Mr. Aestheticz!

js71474
08-12-08, 12:32 pm
Great post bro, glad that you got to have your time with a man that sounds like a true gift from God! Hope he is doing as well as can be and hope you knock it out of the park at your show! It will be a great moment for both of you! Best of wishes!!

BiG in NYC 823
08-12-08, 12:42 pm
Great Post/Note/Story my friend! It is truly inspirational and something that should be remembered:
"WE ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE, ONE FAMILY, AND ONE SHOT TO DO AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT!"

You are extremely fortunuate to have a man like that in your life, as many of kids/young adults do/did not have.

May God Bless him, you and your family. You have my best wishes and prayers!

Liftbig21
08-12-08, 12:51 pm
...Thank you..may god bless your family.

rmeguy
08-14-08, 8:48 am
Thanks for that bro! That was the most insperational thread that i have read in a long time!God speed to you and your family!

IRONADDICT45
09-10-08, 10:05 pm
thats the kinda thing ya just love to read...take care bro, keep at it forever

InkdMuscle
09-10-08, 10:22 pm
Yo Mr. A though you said you dont want sympathy you gettn it from me. I to had a family memeber(my grandfather) who pushed me in every aspect of my life to become the best student athlete I could be. No matter where i was at or what i was doing he called to make sure I was on point. I used his happiness and motivation to fuel my own success at football and in my studies. So I know exactly where your head is at. My hats off to you bro. Like I said b4 an ANIMAL is not how hard you can take a hit. Its how you take the hit and turn it around to a possitive thing. Keep on reaching bro and when you step on stage I pray that your step dad will be there to witness the monster you have become. I along with all the other ANIMALS are with ya all the way bro. Take Care and thanks for that great story. I know its lights a fire under my ass to get mov'n.

Mr. Aestheticz
09-11-08, 9:14 am
Yo Mr. A though you said you dont want sympathy you gettn it from me. I to had a family memeber(my grandfather) who pushed me in every aspect of my life to become the best student athlete I could be. No matter where i was at or what i was doing he called to make sure I was on point. I used his happiness and motivation to fuel my own success at football and in my studies. So I know exactly where your head is at. My hats off to you bro. Like I said b4 an ANIMAL is not how hard you can take a hit. Its how you take the hit and turn it around to a possitive thing. Keep on reaching bro and when you step on stage I pray that your step dad will be there to witness the monster you have become. I along with all the other ANIMALS are with ya all the way bro. Take Care and thanks for that great story. I know its lights a fire under my ass to get mov'n.

The love and support that I have been receiving from my fellow brother en has been unbelievable.

Thank you so much all for your love and support.

...EASY!!!!

B Con
09-11-08, 9:27 am
Thank you. That was a deep heart felt message that definitely inspired/motivated me. Hell of a story and very well written. I wish you and him the best.

If you ever need anything, do not hesitate to contact me.

Mr. Aestheticz
09-10-09, 9:04 am
Been A Very Long Time Since I Have Read And Seen This!

Quick Update: As Things Go By And Time Passes With His Condition There Is Are Always Going To Be Rough And Bad Times. Though He Is Still Fighting Things Are Getting Worse For Him, but He Still Never Cries, Complains, Or Bitches

He Saw Me Compete In My First Show Which Was Basically A Year From The 13th Of This Month. When The Show Was Done And I Gathered My Things To Leave He 3was The First Person I Ran Into When Walking Out. All I Could Do Was Break Down And Cry In His Arms.

I Have Honestly Never Seen One Person So Happy, Inspired, And Truly Blessed For Me. It Was A Day I Will Never Forget. I Pray That He Will Stick Around To See Me Do More Work In 2010.

Not Because I Wrote It But After Re-reading This It Gives Me Chills And Runs A Crazy Jolt Through My Spine To Remind Me And Humble Me But Better Yet It Reminds Me be Grateful, Stop Crying, And Do Work!

..easy!!

Shamus11B
09-13-09, 5:42 am
Sounds an awful lot like my father. We are truely blessed to have such great figures in our lives man, rejoice in the fact that this titan of a man is so proud of your accomplishments, and rejoice in everyday you have with him.

andrewT
09-13-09, 6:17 pm
Been A Very Long Time Since I Have Read And Seen This!

Quick Update: As Things Go By And Time Passes With His Condition There Is Are Always Going To Be Rough And Bad Times. Though He Is Still Fighting Things Are Getting Worse For Him, but He Still Never Cries, Complains, Or Bitches

He Saw Me Compete In My First Show Which Was Basically A Year From The 13th Of This Month. When The Show Was Done And I Gathered My Things To Leave He 3was The First Person I Ran Into When Walking Out. All I Could Do Was Break Down And Cry In His Arms.

I Have Honestly Never Seen One Person So Happy, Inspired, And Truly Blessed For Me. It Was A Day I Will Never Forget. I Pray That He Will Stick Around To See Me Do More Work In 2010.

Not Because I Wrote It But After Re-reading This It Gives Me Chills And Runs A Crazy Jolt Through My Spine To Remind Me And Humble Me But Better Yet It Reminds Me be Grateful, Stop Crying, And Do Work!

..easy!!

I remember reading this when you first wrote it. I also have watched you online here go through your journey. I am proud of you as a fellow lifter!

I hope whatever happens to "partna" that he stays strong. He sounds like the definition of a man! someone we should all model ourselves after!

Firedrake
09-13-09, 6:30 pm
May he continue to persevere, and to inspire YOU to persevere.

Mr. Aestheticz
09-14-09, 10:58 am
Sounds an awful lot like my father. We are truely blessed to have such great figures in our lives man, rejoice in the fact that this titan of a man is so proud of your accomplishments, and rejoice in everyday you have with him.

GOES TO SHOW THT IRON ISN'T THE ONLY THING THAT BINDS US TOGETHER!

THANKS MUCH, MANY PRAYERS AND BLESSING TO YOU AND YOURS!

I remember reading this when you first wrote it. I also have watched you online here go through your journey. I am proud of you as a fellow lifter!

I hope whatever happens to "partna" that he stays strong. He sounds like the definition of a man! someone we should all model ourselves after!

THANKS BRO VERY GLAD TO HERE THAT COMMENT!

YEAH MAN ACTUALLY MY MOM AND HIM ARE MAKING A TRIP DOWN FOR A WEEK SO IM GONNA HAVE HIM CHILL WITH ME WHILE I TRAIN IN THE GYM, THANKS MUCH!

May he continue to persevere, and to inspire YOU to persevere.

EVERYDAY IS AN INSPIRATION MY FRIEND!

Firefist
09-14-09, 11:53 am
this is an awesome post man. So inspiring, i wish i had someone like that to be in my corner when i started. i have all you guys now, but when i started....there was no one to help me. God, i cant get over how good those two posts were. They need an eternal pin, or to be put in an article on the main page.