PDA

View Full Version : Milk: Skim or Whole?

ROC1291
07-26-08, 3:16 am
Gents...

I was thinking about adding a Gallon of Milk a day to my total caloric intake. Doing this would meet my exact ratios for 45% Carbs, 40% Protein, 15% Fat on the day. But that's providing it's skim milk.

Will Skim Milk help me grow as much as regular good old milk? How many guys here drink this as a lowfat alternative? Do you get results?

panzerwagen
07-26-08, 3:52 am
Gents...

I was thinking about adding a Gallon of Milk a day to my total caloric intake. Doing this would meet my exact ratios for 45% Carbs, 40% Protein, 15% Fat on the day. But that's providing it's skim milk.

Will Skim Milk help me grow as much as regular good old milk? How many guys here drink this as a lowfat alternative? Do you get results?

Actually I see no reason to take in more saturated fat than necessary, so I'd stick with the skim milk. If you want those extra calories that the fat in whole milk bring, I suggest that you eat some additional omega 3 or some other healthy fats instead.

simpleguy
07-26-08, 5:36 am
Actually I see no reason to take in more saturated fat than necessary, so I'd stick with the skim milk. If you want those extra calories that the fat in whole milk bring, I suggest that you eat some additional omega 3 or some other healthy fats instead.

solid advice... fully agreed

ROC1291
07-26-08, 12:48 pm
Well I guess that solves that!
Haha... Let the debate on milk continue.

pmug0000
07-26-08, 1:02 pm
A gallon of whole milk would blow your 45/40/15 ratio way out of proportion, so I'd opt for the skim. It's much easier to drink a lot of skim milk too because it's a lot thinner than whole milk.

ROC1291
07-26-08, 1:05 pm
A gallon of whole milk would blow your 45/40/15 ratio way out of proportion, so I'd opt for the skim. It's much easier to drink a lot of skim milk too because it's a lot thinner than whole milk.

you have a point pmug...
i'm pretty sure you know which ratio im following too seeing as that you're an avid tiny follower as well?

right now my ratio is like 40/40/20 3750 kcals.
with the milk it will be 45/40/15 5100 kcals... which would give me like a ridiculous 500 grams of protein

pmug0000
07-26-08, 1:11 pm
you have a point pmug...
i'm pretty sure you know which ratio im following too seeing as that you're an avid tiny follower as well?

right now my ratio is like 40/40/20 3750 kcals.
with the milk it will be 45/40/15 5100 kcals... which would give me like a ridiculous 500 grams of protein

Yeah I know Tiny's diet. His advice sounds crazy but that shit works. If your fat is at 20% now you should absolutely add the skim milk to get it down to 15%, and to be honest I think the diet works best if fat is more like 12-13%.
Have you started the diet yet? How is it working for you?

sanga
07-26-08, 3:15 pm
The fact is you need to be looking at the daily totals of 45/40/15 not the milk or any other meal in question,work out what you can add in the way of milk and then go with it,as long as its 45/40/15 at the end of the day its fine.

Giant Killer
07-26-08, 3:41 pm
At work, I drink both (since I have to buy single cartons), Skim or Whole depending on the fat content of the whole food I'm eating with it. Like with a lot of eggs in the AM, I'll go skim, but with for example chicken and rice I'll go Whole for the added fats. At home, I have 2% for a happy medium.

ROC1291
07-26-08, 3:49 pm
Todays my first day with the skim milk gallon added... So I'll see how that goes.
I'm hovering around 4900-5100 Cals, 75g of Fat, 545g of Carbs, 530g of Protein on the day.

With 9 Scoops of Torrent, thats 600g of protein, 700g of carbs.

Roland
07-26-08, 4:44 pm
Todays my first day with the skim milk gallon added... So I'll see how that goes.
I'm hovering around 4900-5100 Cals, 75g of Fat, 545g of Carbs, 530g of Protein on the day.

With 9 Scoops of Torrent, thats 600g of protein, 700g of carbs.

9 Scoops of Torrent with Milk???? Wow.............

ROC1291
07-26-08, 7:40 pm
9 Scoops of Torrent with Milk???? Wow.............

LOLLL noooo sir. Not with milk.
Thats 9 scoops of torrent surrounding my workout.

stumblin54
07-27-08, 7:36 pm
Nine scoops? That sounds a bit much man, try to use some more whole foods to get those nutrients. Nothing is better for you than food, remember that. As far as skim versus whole, why not just experiment with both of them and find out for yourself? Nobody's going to be able to answer for you what you need more of or what would work better for you.

Stumblin

ROC1291
07-27-08, 9:39 pm
Nine scoops? That sounds a bit much man, try to use some more whole foods to get those nutrients. Nothing is better for you than food, remember that. As far as skim versus whole, why not just experiment with both of them and find out for yourself? Nobody's going to be able to answer for you what you need more of or what would work better for you.

Stumblin

9 scoops is surrounding my workout... you'd have to try it to understand.

Master Z
07-27-08, 9:56 pm
Neither in my opinion. I personally am a fan of 1% and 2%. But if I had to choose between whole and skim, I would go with skim.

simpleguy
07-28-08, 1:20 am
9 scoops is surrounding my workout... you'd have to try it to understand.

I do understand.... haha

thelunchbox
07-28-08, 1:41 am
skim is the way to go. I was drinking alot of whole then switched to skim and dropped somewight. The whole milk had too much fat for me. I saw your at 13% bf I'm at 30 so I'm more about loosing.

ROC1291
07-28-08, 6:47 am
skim is the way to go. I was drinking alot of whole then switched to skim and dropped somewight. The whole milk had too much fat for me. I saw your at 13% bf I'm at 30 so I'm more about loosing.

yeah brother, skims been good for me so far.
13% feels like 20% at the end of the day... with all the food i eat

IronWilson
07-28-08, 8:42 am
The only way you should be drinking whole milk is if it is raw, unpasteurized milk.... which would no doubt help you gain muscle because it has digestive bacteria and vitamins that pasteurized milk doesn't have.

krazyassmexican
07-28-08, 8:49 am
why bother with skim milk when is sugar loaded?
i dont understand some of you guys supplementing with omega but are scared of dietary fat....

pmug0000
07-28-08, 12:00 pm
i dont understand some of you guys supplementing with omega but are scared of dietary fat....

If you're on a high carb, high protein, low fat diet then skim milk fits perfectly. It's not that anyone is 'scared' of dietary fat, it's just that a gallon of whole milk doesn't fit in with the carbo/fat/protein ratio.

krazyassmexican
07-28-08, 12:07 pm
If you're on a high carb, high protein, low fat diet then skim milk fits perfectly. It's not that anyone is 'scared' of dietary fat, it's just that a gallon of whole milk doesn't fit in with the carbo/fat/protein ratio.

what about all that extra sugar they throw in to replace the fat?
at the end of the day it gets stored as fat
so it's pointless

pmug0000
07-28-08, 12:18 pm
what about all that extra sugar they throw in to replace the fat?
at the end of the day it gets stored as fat
so it's pointless

I'm not really sure what extra sugar you mean. I buy skim milk and the only sugar in it is the natural lactose found in all milk (including whole), which does not affect the body the same way as sugars like dextrose and fructose anyway.

Amateur5365
07-28-08, 12:46 pm
I understand that skim milk is more in-line with your specific dietary requirements, however if you're not drinking whole milk, then why drink milk at all? Skim is thinner and easier to drink because all of the nutritional value has been removed, so it's essentially empty calories. If I'm taking in empty calories, I would much prefer for them to taste better than that white-colored water!

If a gallon of whole milk doesn't fit within the constraints of your diet, perhaps a gallon of milk isn't the best idea.

krazyassmexican
07-28-08, 12:49 pm
I'm not really sure what extra sugar you mean. I buy skim milk and the only sugar in it is the natural lactose found in all milk (including whole), which does not affect the body the same way as sugars like dextrose and fructose anyway.

a few weeks ago i compared a 2% gallon of milk and a skim milk gallon and the skim milk has extra sugar added

dont go to fit day check the labels

pmug0000
07-28-08, 12:50 pm
I understand that skim milk is more in-line with your specific dietary requirements, however if you're not drinking whole milk, then why drink milk at all? Skim is thinner and easier to drink because all of the nutritional value has been removed, so it's essentially empty calories. If I'm taking in empty calories, I would much prefer for them to taste better than that white-colored water!

If a gallon of whole milk doesn't fit within the constraints of your diet, perhaps a gallon of milk isn't the best idea.

Skim milk is far from empty calories. It's full of calcium, vitamin D, protein, and probably plenty of other shit that I don't know about. The only thing in skim milk that's been removed from whole milk is the fat.

Amateur5365
07-28-08, 12:59 pm
Skim milk is far from empty calories. It's full of calcium, vitamin D, protein, and probably plenty of other shit that I don't know about. The only thing in skim milk that's been removed from whole milk is the fat.

True, the nutrients are listed on the label, but removing the butterfat takes with it your body's ability to absorb and utilize the vitamins and minerals in the water fraction of the milk.

Butterfat (whole milk) is also one of the best sources of preformed vitamin A.

Finally, Synthetic vitamin D is added to skim milk to replace the D taken out with the butterfat. Synthetic D has been proven to be toxic to the liver.

You should really use raw (unpasteurized, unhomogonized) milk from grass-fed cows, but I don't want to play the hippie card too early...

Giant Killer
07-28-08, 1:03 pm

Milk sugar is slow digesting bro...even slower than oats if you believe that. IMO it's one of the best carbs you can be taking in other than your other slow-gi sources.

ROC1291
07-28-08, 3:30 pm
im just gonna see what makes me grow and then get back to you guys...

this debates too heavy.

IRBS
07-28-08, 3:58 pm
im just gonna see what makes me grow and then get back to you guys...

this debates too heavy.

LOL, this is the best reply in this entire thread. Good on you ROC!

Universal Rep
07-28-08, 4:02 pm
Gents...

Well, skim doesn't have the same cals. And when it comes to growing, in the end, it's about cals. Why are you using milk?

Maharg
07-28-08, 4:09 pm
Well, skim doesn't have the same cals. And when it comes to growing, in the end, it's about cals. Why are you using milk?

Cause he is less then 18. We wouldn't be allowed to say Real Gains, and milk is cheap.

Big Wides
07-28-08, 4:18 pm
Raw milk is damn tasty. Some eggs, glass of raw milk and warm Pop-Tarts, its great.

Universal Rep
07-28-08, 4:21 pm
Cause he is less then 18. We wouldn't be allowed to say Real Gains, and milk is cheap.

So he's just looking for a drink that'll add cals--that it?

simpleguy
07-28-08, 4:56 pm
a few weeks ago i compared a 2% gallon of milk and a skim milk gallon and the skim milk has extra sugar added

dont go to fit day check the labels

that ain't right bro, it's probably what a certain brand does, regular skim milk has just as much lactose as whole milk

ROC1291
07-28-08, 9:32 pm
So he's just looking for a drink that'll add cals--that it?

yeah... but i figured anything related to cow is going to make me grow. and in the end, even though im eating more, im suppose to be on tiny's high protein, high carb, low fat diet (hence the 45/40/15 ratio spoken of earlier) and whole milk would add too many kcals from fat.

a gallon of skim milk would put me right at the 5000 kcal line and provide the correct ratio of nutrients without having to eat up all of my chicken or resort to consuming more protein powder that will eventually cost $65 per month.

ROC1291
07-28-08, 11:00 pm
True, the nutrients are listed on the label, but removing the butterfat takes with it your body's ability to absorb and utilize the vitamins and minerals in the water fraction of the milk.

Butterfat (whole milk) is also one of the best sources of preformed vitamin A.

Finally, Synthetic vitamin D is added to skim milk to replace the D taken out with the butterfat. Synthetic D has been proven to be toxic to the liver.

You should really use raw (unpasteurized, unhomogonized) milk from grass-fed cows, but I don't want to play the hippie card too early...

Looking into this...
I know a few farms around here (I live in PA) where I can get some Raw Organic Milk for $5 a gallon.

JimmyZ
07-28-08, 11:27 pm
Looking into this...
I know a few farms around here (I live in PA) where I can get some Raw Organic Milk for $5 a gallon.

Got a better idea, sneak into the farm at night and grab a tit :)

prowrestler
07-28-08, 11:30 pm
skim milk's carbs are very low GI. they hardly contribute to raising insulin levels. despite they are sugar, they are lactose sugar carbs. lactose is low GI. all carbs breakdown into sugar anyways.

RoJoHen
07-29-08, 3:04 am
I can't wrap my head around the idea of skim milk. It tastes like water. What's the point?

I say go whole or go home.

JimmyZ
07-29-08, 8:30 am
I like this thread. Very good insight but nothing concrete so far. I drink the skim with shakes most of the time. It makes it easier to swallow all those pills in the AM. I'll have a glass of whole with my post workout meal and for breakfast. I get the rancid ass that has been mentioned here but I don't care. Wife does but she'll get over it.

krazyassmexican
07-29-08, 8:40 am
I like this thread. Very good insight but nothing concrete so far. I drink the skim with shakes most of the time. It makes it easier to swallow all those pills in the AM. I'll have a glass of whole with my post workout meal and for breakfast. I get the rancid ass that has been mentioned here but I don't care. Wife does but she'll get over it.

what kind of protein powder are you using?

JimmyZ
07-29-08, 8:50 am
what kind of protein powder are you using?

C'mon dog, we've been over this :). WPI and Casein at bed time.

krazyassmexican
07-29-08, 8:52 am

if you are addin skim milk to your wpi i suggest you switch to wpc instead

you are paying a lot of money to your supp company to take out the lactose and fat out of the whey and you are puttin it back at the end of the day

if you wanna keep doing that i suggest you switch to wpc you'll spend less money

Universal Rep
07-29-08, 9:41 am
yeah... but i figured anything related to cow is going to make me grow. and in the end, even though im eating more, im suppose to be on tiny's high protein, high carb, low fat diet (hence the 45/40/15 ratio spoken of earlier) and whole milk would add too many kcals from fat.

a gallon of skim milk would put me right at the 5000 kcal line and provide the correct ratio of nutrients without having to eat up all of my chicken or resort to consuming more protein powder that will eventually cost $65 per month.

Gotcha. Give it a shot for a month and see how it works out.

JimmyZ
07-29-08, 10:03 am
if you are addin skim milk to your wpi i suggest you switch to wpc instead

you are paying a lot of money to your supp company to take out the lactose and fat out of the whey and you are puttin it back at the end of the day

if you wanna keep doing that i suggest you switch to wpc you'll spend less money

Good point. I'll have to think about that one.

Universal Rep
07-29-08, 10:31 am

Why WPI and casein at bed? And is that casein micellar casein or caseinate?

JimmyZ
07-29-08, 2:53 pm
It was a general question I thought. I take 25g WPI in the AM with the rest of my pro's and pills, and a 50g WPI with oats, natty pb an hour pre and then just before bed I do a 24g Casein shake. The rest of my mac's come from whole foods...as they should.

I thought WPI was alot higher quality of protein compared to WPC. Anyway, back on subject, if its higher quality, I don't see the problem, other than cost to take with whole milk or skim.

krazyassmexican
07-29-08, 3:04 pm
It was a general question I thought. I take 25g WPI in the AM with the rest of my pro's and pills, and a 50g WPI with oats, natty pb an hour pre and then just before bed I do a 24g Casein shake. The rest of my mac's come from whole foods...as they should.

I thought WPI was alot higher quality of protein compared to WPC. Anyway, back on subject, if its higher quality, I don't see the problem, other than cost to take with whole milk or skim.

it is a higher quality protein compared to wpc because the lactose and fat have been removed
which improves it's absorbtion in your system
when you put milk on it you are basically converting your wpi in wpc again

Universal Rep
07-29-08, 3:08 pm

Depends on how you define "higher quality". If it means more protein, less fat and lactose, yes, WPI is higher quality than WPC. If you're talking in terms of microfractions, WPI could actually be "lower quality" as some WPI process strip the product of important whey fractions more so than WPC. So it all depends...

Be sure to take micellar casein at bed if you can and not general caseinates. Night and day difference.

Universal Rep
07-29-08, 3:09 pm
when you put milk on it you are basically converting your wpi in wpc again

What?

krazyassmexican
07-29-08, 3:15 pm
What?

Whey protein isolate is derived from milk right?
is basically whey protein concentrate without the carbs and fat
if you put milk in it from what i have been reading

you are basically turning the isolate into concentrate to me it's senseless to spend those extra bucks on the isolate if i am gonna put milk in any case i would just get concentrate

it will be cheaper

Universal Rep
07-29-08, 3:15 pm
Whey protein isolate is derived from milk right?
is basically whey protein concentrate without the carbs and fat
if you put milk in it from what i have been reading

you are basically turning the isolate into concentrate to me it's senseless to spend those extra bucks on the isolate if i am gonna put milk in any case i would just get concentrate

it will be cheaper

Yeah, whey is derived from milk, but I don't agree with your analogy.

Lowdown5
07-29-08, 3:16 pm
What?

That confused me as well.

JimmyZ
07-29-08, 3:20 pm
Thanks for the heads up. I still have some WPC at home so I may incorpoate that. The Casein is *other brand* Casein as well.

krazyassmexican
07-29-08, 3:20 pm
Yeah, whey is derived from milk, but I don't agree with your analogy.

why is that?
i can learn something new

IRBS
07-29-08, 3:22 pm
I have the solution to all of this:

Step 1 - Drink Milk (Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole, Acidopholas, Chocolate, Strawberry, Raw, breast milk....whatever)
Step 2 - Lift Weights

I think this thread has blown the issue way out of proportion. If you arent dieting, drink as much milk as you want. If you are dieting, make sure it fits into your diet...its that simple

It never ceases to amaze me how often people over think things.

Lowdown5
07-29-08, 3:24 pm
I have the solution to all of this:

Step 1 - Drink Milk (Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole, Acidopholas, Chocolate, Strawberry, Raw, breast milk....whatever)
Step 2 - Lift Weights

I think this thread has blown the issue way out of proportion. If you arent dieting, drink as much milk as you want. If you are dieting, make sure it fits into your diet...its that simple

It never ceases to amaze me how often people over think things.

So true, thanks Will. I think I will go have some milk and Oreos, LOL

IronWilson
07-29-08, 8:55 pm
ehhh milk tastes like shit anyway

simpleguy
07-31-08, 12:35 pm

speak for yourself, I love milk

J Wong
07-31-08, 12:50 pm

I used to think the exact same thing, but now I love it.

hatebreedXXX69
08-12-08, 4:33 am
guys is ht milk ok??its basically the milk that you can store for months and you don't even have to keep it cold. it's what we get at my workplace in france. They buy it in bulk, and i usually drink at least 2-3 cartons of it a day. is it good?

Linebacker
09-17-08, 12:14 pm
Just a quick question that's probably been asked before ( i did a quick search but couldn't find it ) When bulking are you better to drink whole milk or semi skimmed?

ironshaolin
09-17-08, 12:21 pm
Whatever your body likes. If you tend to get fat relatively easy, I'd suggest staying away from whole milk. My personal preference is Skim Plus, it only comes in 1/2 gallons which is a downside, but it has 11 grams of protein per 8oz instead of 8. Typically I drink 1%. I know of people who have gone up to a gallon of whole milk a day without getting fat, but I couldn't do that.

simpleguy
09-17-08, 12:28 pm
raw milk is good... otherwise I wouldn't buy pasteurized fat milk... I usually go with skim, but not always

AFTazz06
09-17-08, 1:05 pm
As Arnold said in pumping Iron, "milk is for babies, when you grow up you have to drink beer." In dieting, beer is a no no, but i personally stay away from milk, seems the body just stores fat with it in the system. May not be much fat, but i try to eliminate fat whenever possible. I prefer good fats found in; nuts, olive oil, salmon, etc. good fats that will only help you grow.

Iron4Life
09-17-08, 1:41 pm
As Arnold said in pumping Iron, "milk is for babies, when you grow up you have to drink beer." In dieting, beer is a no no, but i personally stay away from milk, seems the body just stores fat with it in the system. May not be much fat, but i try to eliminate fat whenever possible. I prefer good fats found in; nuts, olive oil, salmon, etc. good fats that will only help you grow.

milk may have some fat and sugars but you have to remember it provides other numerous benefits, such as: protein ( approx 80% casein, 20%whey), valuable amounts of vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin and nicotinic acid but is a poor source of vitamin C and E. It also contain vitamin B12 which is absent in vegetarian food items. Furthermore if you drink 1% your only taking in 2g of fat per cup...that's not too bad considering the protein (8g/c) benefit your getting

InkdMuscle
09-17-08, 4:57 pm
milk may have some fat and sugars but you have to remember it provides other numerous benefits, such as: protein ( approx 80% casein, 20%whey), valuable amounts of vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin and nicotinic acid but is a poor source of vitamin C and E. It also contain vitamin B12 which is absent in vegetarian food items. Furthermore if you drink 1% your only taking in 2g of fat per cup...that's not too bad considering the protein (8g/c) benefit your getting

I totally agree. I have a cup with my night time shake b4 i hit the bed just add that lil more nutrients to it.

The Epidemic
10-13-08, 5:42 pm
so is whole milk baD?

Redjeep
10-16-08, 6:57 pm
Whole milk, the fat in it helps those simple sugars in milk to not be digested as fast and it has more calories, which is always good. Need calories to get big.

simpleguy
10-17-08, 1:33 pm
Whole milk, the fat in it helps those simple sugars in milk to not be digested as fast and it has more calories, which is always good. Need calories to get big.

but you don't need shitty cals, why not get that fat from good sources?

p.s. I only mean that if you buy pasteurized whole milk which is still processed, otherwise I'm pretty keen on raw milk

StockRock
10-17-08, 1:57 pm
A gallon of whole milk a day has aided me incredibly as a I am a current bulking hardgainer. Calories aside and the scale and mirror to judge I'm pro whole milk.

Binney08
10-17-08, 2:52 pm
i drink whole milk i like the taste better and i need the cals since i have a fast metabolism.
but just a thought: i recently read an article in some magazine like time or newsweek, i forget, but it said that cow milk is loaded with hormones, chemicals, and some other shit.. and that they are stored in the fats.. and therefore whole milk has more of these hormones compared to skim milk which has less fat.

maniack
03-11-09, 5:57 pm
Pros and Cons for Massing
Whole milk VS 2% milk

i've been getting a 1/2 gallon of whole and always have 2 gallons of 2% in the fridge...i understand whole milk is prob. a better choice for bulking, but i also like to be healthy so cutting back on the saturated fat is ideal...

what's your take?

bigffmike
03-11-09, 6:10 pm
Whole milk VS 2% milk

i've been getting a 1/2 gallon of whole and always have 2 gallons of 2% in the fridge...i understand whole milk is prob. a better choice for bulking, but i also like to be healthy so cutting back on the saturated fat is ideal...

what's your take?

IMO
I would say stay with the 2% Milk and use other food/sups for bulking. This is what I have done in the past.

Angst
03-11-09, 6:37 pm
Whole milk VS 2% milk

what's your take?

I drink 2% because I like to get my fats from whole eggs, beef, fatty fishes, natural peanut butter, and Animal Omega. I find that too much saturated fat give me heart problems. Different people have different preferences.

NJC_Manhattan
03-11-09, 6:49 pm
Whole milk VS 2% milk

what's your take?

2%, even fat free is solid. Take a look at Hood, they make a milk with little to no carbs, low cals, high protein

maniack
03-11-09, 9:30 pm
IMO
I would say stay with the 2% Milk and use other food/sups for bulking. This is what I have done in the past.

thanks, much appreciated!

I drink 2% because I like to get my fats from whole eggs, beef, fatty fishes, natural peanut butter, and Animal Omega. I find that too much saturated fat give me heart problems. Different people have different preferences.

cool good info, basically the same thing i'm doing now, just was getting input from others, also much appreciated

2%, even fat free is solid. Take a look at Hood, they make a milk with little to no carbs, low cals, high protein

cool, i'll def. take a look at that, thanks alot bro

dannynb
03-11-09, 11:48 pm

I agree...couldn't have said it better.

Irish_Basterd
10-25-09, 3:41 pm
Just wondering what everyone thought about different types of milk (Whole, 2%, Skim)? I usually drink skim milk, but since I've been bulking recently I've been going for 2%. Just curious if anyone knew/thought there was a big difference assuming that I'd hit my macros for the day with any choice.

Dr.Platypus
10-25-09, 4:44 pm
drink whole milk especially if you're bulking. It's so much better for size. Fat doesn't make you fat, it just has more cals.

On Letting Go
10-25-09, 6:23 pm
I used to use skim or 2%, but since i started my current bulk ive been buying whole milk. Havent noticed anything different (didnt expect to), but it does taste pretty damn good.

Gaining weight is a function of overall calories, so no, it makes no difference.

Dr.Platypus
10-25-09, 6:30 pm
if you drink a gallon a day it'll make a difference

ironshaolin
10-25-09, 6:43 pm
Dude, screw milk drink heavy cream. A gallon a day, will make you hyoooooge! I normally drink either 2 percent or whole, the heavy cream thing was a joke, although I do know quite a few big guys who will add 2-3 oz of heavy cream to their protein shakes.

BryanSmash!
10-26-09, 1:47 am
Chocolate milk is a great post work out drink.

GJN5002
10-26-09, 10:24 am
I generally use skim, I would rather enjoy some food to get the extra calories rather than drinking it in milk. Plus organic milk is expensive. A gallon a day would be 45$ for the week.

msktyshha
10-26-09, 3:05 pm
mother nature gave us a perfect well balanced drink called WHOLE milk y mess it up by adding water decreasing fat n added sugar n god knows wat else. I am actually on GOMAD, it had been 3 days. My goal is to increase muscle size and strength and I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE EXTRA FAT GAINED but thats my goal. so you must work accordingly to ur goal and if u don't like the extra fat then i guess just stick with skim. but if it was me I wouldn't add milk whether skim or whole or anything in between to my cut diet.

Dr.Platypus
10-26-09, 3:07 pm
the fat in milk doesn't make you fat, it's the carbs which spike insulin which keep you anabolic which leads to muscle and fat gains.

fat does not make you fat it just i the most calorically dense macronutrient.

msktyshha
10-26-09, 3:14 pm
thats true but its confusing tho cause that bubbly wobbly thing on our gut is called fat so people get the idea that the "fat" on the nutrition facts panel causes that bubbly wobbly thing

Dr.Platypus
10-26-09, 4:26 pm
hahaha, yeah they really should have different names