PDA

View Full Version : Rage's Journey to a Pro Card

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Rage
07-30-08, 5:40 pm
Back to the drawing board…contest is over…judges have spoken and now it’s time to make some improvements over the next 18 months in preparation for Masters Nationals 2010. These things take time…something we all don’t have enough of. A formula is a must…I have found mine…Goal + Plan + Action + Adjust = Results. I want to place in the top 5 at Nationals +I’ve put together a training plan that I feel will work best for me + This week I have already begun implementing my training program + As I continue on with my training program, I will make necessary adjustments along the way = Resulting in what will hopefully be what it takes to place in the top 5.

The training schedule I’m starting with….

RAGE’S MASS ROUTINE

Day 1 - Arms

Tricep pushdowns 2 x 10
Partial Dips weighted 2 x 10
Dumbell Tricep Ext 2 x 10
Incline Dumbell curls 2 x 10
Hammer Curls 2 x 10
Cable Curls 2 x 10
Abs

Day 2 – Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Leg Extension-pre-exhaust 3 x 40/30/20
Leg Press 3 x 15
Squats 2 x 10
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 10
Standing Leg Curls 2 x 10

Day 3 – Chest and Shoulders

Barbell Press 2 x 10
Incline Dumbell Press 2 x 10
Smith Neck Press 2 x 10
Smith Military Press 2 x 10
Dumbell Shoulder Press 2 x 10
Side Laterals 2 x 10

Day 4 – Back, Traps, Rear Delts and Calves

T Bar Rows 2 x 10
Dumbbell Rows on Incline 2 x 10
Wide Grip Pull Downs 2 x 10
Bent Laterals 2 x 10
Barbell Shrugs-Heavier each set 3 x 20
Calf Extensions 3 x 15
Calf Raises 3 x 15

The diet I’m starting with...

Tuesday and Wednesday eating schedule
Protein Carbs Fat

Meal #1
6:00 10 eggs, 1 ½ cup oatmeall 60 75 15
1 Animal Pak, Flex and Omega

Meal #2
8:00 Real Gains (4 scoops) 60 100 5

Meal #3
10:30 8 oz Top, ¾ cup white rice 70 100 10

Meal #4
12:30 8 oz. chicken breast, 16 oz yam 50 100 5

Animal Stak and N1T
EAA Nitro w/Glutamine

Train

Torrent and 1 Animal Nitro

Meal #5
4:00 Real Gains (4 scoops) 60 100 5

Meal #6
7:00 Dinner - flexible 50 75 15

Totals 350 550 55

Calories 4095 calories/day

Monday, Thursday and Friday eating schedule

Protein Carbs Fat

Meal #1
6:00 10 eggs, 1 ½ cups grape nuts 75 150 15
1 Animal Pak, Flex and Omega

Meal #2
8:00 Real Gains (6 scoops) 100 150 8

Meal #3
10:30 8 oz Top, 1 cups white rice 70 100 10

Meal #4
12:30 8 oz. chicken breast, 20 oz yam 60 150 5

Animal Stak and N1T
EAA Nitro w/ Glutamine

Train

Torrent and 1 Animal Nitro

Meal #5
4:00 Real Gains (6 scoops) 100 150 8

Meal #6
7:00 Dinner - flexible 50 75 15

Totals 455 775 61

Calories 5469 calories/day

It’s a start…it’s a journey…let’s begin…
Starting weight is 235 lbs.

Mr. Dead
07-30-08, 5:41 pm
Subbed, for sure!!!

Roland
07-30-08, 5:44 pm
Let's do this Brother!

Lunatic001
07-30-08, 5:47 pm
subbed bro...will be keeping tabs bro!.......get it done....

Hollow
07-30-08, 5:50 pm
Definitely subbed for this journey!

zanderfever
08-03-08, 1:43 am
I was there for your other journey and i will continue to be here. Kill it, Rage

Rage
08-18-08, 7:41 pm
Weighed in at 247 lbs Saturday night, up 37 lbs in 5 weeks since the show. Backing off a bit on calories now and no more high carb days. Everything is leveling off now. Training is going very well and gaining strength like a mad man. I was just selected for Bodybuilding.com's Over 40 Amateur Of The Week, so I'll post the link once it hits. Probably within the next few weeks. Not much more to update at the moment. Just hittin it hard like I should be. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at the Olympia.

Brick By Brick
08-18-08, 8:51 pm
Give 'em hell, Rage.

Mr. Dead
08-19-08, 4:44 pm
Weighed in at 247 lbs Saturday night, up 37 lbs in 5 weeks since the show. Backing off a bit on calories now and no more high carb days. Everything is leveling off now. Training is going very well and gaining strength like a mad man. I was just selected for Bodybuilding.com's Over 40 Amateur Of The Week, so I'll post the link once it hits. Probably within the next few weeks. Not much more to update at the moment. Just hittin it hard like I should be. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at the Olympia.

Great stuff!!! Gotta love that post contest rebound, for sure!!!

Hollow
08-19-08, 5:16 pm

Congrats on being named Bodybuilding.com's Over 40 Amateur Of The Week!!!

Lunatic001
08-20-08, 12:38 pm
Congrats on being selected by BB.com......240 wow! can't wait to see your new strength levels at an ABC....keep up the good work....

Lunatic001

Mr. Dead
08-26-08, 5:17 pm
Just checking in, to see how it's been going...

Rage
08-27-08, 2:37 pm
Just checking in, to see how it's been going...

Going great bro. Weight is still hanging about mid 240's and strength is doing good. Have a bit of a muscle strain in my left forearm from grabbing 120 lb dumbbells and doing some hammer curls. Should have given them some more time to warm up to that kind of weight. Some days I think I'll never learn. I get a little overly anxious to get after it when I just come off a break. Anyways, everything is moving along good. Had a good leg workout yesterday. Did pre-exhaust on extensions for a total of 120 reps then on to press for to working sets of 20 reps with 1400 lbs, then on to 2 working sets of 15 with 405 on squats. Felt good to be lifting a little heavier again. I'm working extra hard to bring up my arms and chest for Nationals. My trainers orders. And here I thought 20 1/4 inch arms off season would do the trick...not! I'm going to try and get them up around 22" this time around and see if that does the trick. Thanks for asking brother!

Lunatic001
08-27-08, 4:48 pm
405 for 15 and 120 db hammer curls!!! Real weight......coming back strong I see....what does your new split look like?? I got to step it up......

Lunatic001

Mr. Dead
08-27-08, 4:54 pm
405 for 15 and 120 db hammer curls!!! Real weight......coming back strong I see....what does your new split look like?? I got to step it up......

Lunatic001

That makes 2 of us...

zanderfever
08-27-08, 6:31 pm
That makes 2 of us...

3 of us.

...i'm not very original with this post. Oh well.

Roland
08-29-08, 12:48 am
How you doing Brother?

Rage
09-05-08, 1:58 pm
How you doing Brother?

Good bro...Weighing in right around 250 these days. Hammered out 315 for two sets of 10 on bench yesterday. Thats moving up nicely for me since at one point last year I had to take 9 months off of all straight bar movements on chest because it felt like my shoulder was going to explode all over my gym mirrors. Luckily everything is hanging in there and allowing me to bring up my chest. I'll see you at Muscle Beach tomorrow bro....

Hollow
09-05-08, 2:05 pm
Good to hear things are going well for you Rage! Two sets of 10 Reps at 315...damn impressive...score one for the older Animals!!!

Rage
09-05-08, 2:14 pm
Good to hear things are going well for you Rage! Two sets of 10 Reps at 315...damn impressive...score one for the older Animals!!!

Now if I could get just 1 more plate a side for that rep scheme I would be a happier Animal...

Hollow
09-05-08, 2:18 pm
Taking nine months off from bar pressing doesn’t seem to have slowed you down one bit Rage so I can’t see that being a problem adding another plate in the near future!!!

mikejones1
09-05-08, 2:18 pm
6 scoops of real gains. you dont mess around...

Rage
09-05-08, 2:22 pm
Taking nine months off from bar pressing doesn’t seem to have slowed you down one bit Rage so I can’t see that being a problem adding another plate in the near future!!!

Thats the goal by the end of next year..

Rage
09-05-08, 2:23 pm
6 scoops of real gains. you dont mess around...

I get carried away...what can I say...whats a thousand calories between Animals?...

mikejones1
09-05-08, 2:26 pm
I get carried away...what can I say...whats a thousand calories between Animals?...

a thousand calories between animals? that real gains
just like what the products called.
you make 2 shakes out of that?

keep up the good work animal

Rage
09-05-08, 2:35 pm
a thousand calories between animals? that real gains
just like what the products called.
you make 2 shakes out of that?

keep up the good work animal

Hey bro..I just checked on your journey and it looked like you haven't checked in for a while. How's your training going?

mikejones1
09-05-08, 3:04 pm
Hey bro..I just checked on your journey and it looked like you haven't checked in for a while. How's your training going?

its going well, ive just been overwhelmed with school and work, havnt kept up with the log as much as i would have liked. but i will update it shortly. my workouts have been hurting a little though, as i have not been able to get in as much time as i would have liked, i got to learn to manage my time, as this is my first semester, starting school.

but the size is coming slowly but surly, unless the mirror is playing tricks on me. off my my diet, coming off a win in the bustin ass#3 transformation, at 170pds im up to 193. i lost most of my 6 pack, but who cares about that...and those 23 pds certainly aint all fat.

i should put up a progress pic soon, check it out.
and stop by my journey anytime and throw something at me. im sure i can definetly learn a thing or two from you

Rage
09-05-08, 3:12 pm
its going well, ive just been overwhelmed with school and work, havnt kept up with the log as much as i would have liked. but i will update it shortly. my workouts have been hurting a little though, as i have not been able to get in as much time as i would have liked, i got to learn to manage my time, as this is my first semester, starting school.

but the size is coming slowly but surly, unless the mirror is playing tricks on me. off my my diet, coming off a win in the bustin ass#3 transformation, at 170pds im up to 193. i lost most of my 6 pack, but who cares about that...and those 23 pds certainly aint all fat.

i should put up a progress pic soon, check it out.
and stop by my journey anytime and throw something at me. im sure i can definetly learn a thing or two from you

You got it bro...I'm on my way..

mikejones1
09-05-08, 3:14 pm
oh but dont get me wrong, when im in the gym im still tearing the place down...know that.
peace

Toni69
09-05-08, 7:55 pm
Hey Rage! Thank you so much for poppin in my journey. Im just now getting a bit back on track here and with my wo's after my huge move back to the states...God that was a mess, but its calming down now.

Im gonna read through here since I have been neglecting you, ;) and your journies/show prep are always one of my favs to follow!

I hope your doin well..Im sure you are..Im sure your looking damn good too. Your last show was amazing! You looked fabulous!I will be checking in..maybe even drillin ya a bit! ;) j/k... a little, LOL

Stay in touch and any input from you is def highly regarded and respected on my end...

later!

Roland
09-08-08, 8:10 pm
Rage...lookin' larger and leaner than ever brother, I had a blast training on Saturday. See you next month.

Lunatic001
09-09-08, 11:18 am
It was great training with you Rage....my traps and calves are still sore...can't wait for the next one....

Lunatic

Rage
09-12-08, 2:42 pm
Rage...lookin' larger and leaner than ever brother, I had a blast training on Saturday. See you next month.

It was great training with you Rage....my traps and calves are still sore...can't wait for the next one....

Lunatic

Thanks you guys...it was great having you guys there...we are definately going back there sometime soon.

Rage
09-12-08, 2:45 pm
All's going well over here on this end so far. Weighed in at 256 lbs this morning. Coming back very strong and making the surge towards 275 lbs by the end of next year. That's 46 lbs. in two months so I'm sure that will slow down very soon. Always nice while it lasts though.

Rage
09-12-08, 2:47 pm
Hey Rage! Thank you so much for poppin in my journey. Im just now getting a bit back on track here and with my wo's after my huge move back to the states...God that was a mess, but its calming down now.

Im gonna read through here since I have been neglecting you, ;) and your journies/show prep are always one of my favs to follow!

I hope your doin well..Im sure you are..Im sure your looking damn good too. Your last show was amazing! You looked fabulous!I will be checking in..maybe even drillin ya a bit! ;) j/k... a little, LOL

Stay in touch and any input from you is def highly regarded and respected on my end...

later!

Thanks Toni. It would be my honor to help you...Welcome back to the States!

Mr. Dead
09-12-08, 2:49 pm
All's going well over here on this end so far. Weighed in at 256 lbs this morning. Coming back very strong and making the surge towards 275 lbs by the end of next year. That's 46 lbs. in two months so I'm sure that will slow down very soon. Always nice while it lasts though.

Dayum!!! You're going to be a monster, by the time I see ya...

Enforcer
09-12-08, 2:50 pm
Best of luck with all of your training Rage and I will see you at the O

Toni69
09-13-08, 5:05 pm
[QUOTE=Rage;466059]Back to the drawing board…A formula is a must…I have found mine…Goal + Plan + Action + Adjust = Results. I want to place in the top 5 at Nationals +I’ve put together a training plan that I feel will work best for me

NOW THATS THE RIGHT FRIGGIN ATTITUDE! MUCH RESPECT JUST FOR HOW YOU PUT IT DOWN RIGHT THERE. I will be following you on this new journey...I always admired your training ethics and style.

YOUR LEG WO:

Leg Press 3 x 15
Squats 2 x 10
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 10

Interesting leg wo there Rage. I like it though and if you dont mind, Im gonna give it a go my next leg day. Squats for me are a prob..I managed 215 for 2x6 last week and just felt my back ready to slip out of whack. So, Im feeling the reality of my situation is that my heavy BB squatting days may just be over; Power squat may be alright though.

I like the simplicity of this routine, short, sweet, straight to the point, keeping the movements to the never fail basics, and at the same time, it can be really intense. What sorta rest you goin with here? Any super/drop sets or just straight near max effort reps with each set?

Rage
09-15-08, 3:08 pm
Dayum!!! You're going to be a monster, by the time I see ya...

Tryin bro. I ended up weighing in last night at 261.5 lbs. and that was just too heavy for right now. I backed off on the carbs and upped the protein a bit to drop my weight back down to 255 which is where I'm more comfortable right now. As soon as my body catches up I'll push it up a bit more.

Rage
09-15-08, 3:29 pm
Best of luck with all of your training Rage and I will see you at the O

Man that is going to be a great time...I'll see you there for sure bro.

Rage
09-15-08, 3:58 pm
[QUOTE=Rage;466059]Back to the drawing board…A formula is a must…I have found mine…Goal + Plan + Action + Adjust = Results. I want to place in the top 5 at Nationals +I’ve put together a training plan that I feel will work best for me

NOW THATS THE RIGHT FRIGGIN ATTITUDE! MUCH RESPECT JUST FOR HOW YOU PUT IT DOWN RIGHT THERE. I will be following you on this new journey...I always admired your training ethics and style.

YOUR LEG WO:

Leg Press 3 x 15
Squats 2 x 10
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 10

Interesting leg wo there Rage. I like it though and if you dont mind, Im gonna give it a go my next leg day. Squats for me are a prob..I managed 215 for 2x6 last week and just felt my back ready to slip out of whack. So, Im feeling the reality of my situation is that my heavy BB squatting days may just be over; Power squat may be alright though.

I like the simplicity of this routine, short, sweet, straight to the point, keeping the movements to the never fail basics, and at the same time, it can be really intense. What sorta rest you goin with here? Any super/drop sets or just straight near max effort reps with each set?

Lol...your a riot! Thanks for the support Toni. A year and a half ago I had no legs...just sticks in my opinion and that of my trainer. This is one of the few routines that I do that I do not deviate from. I do super/drop/giant sets on darn near every other body part but legs. The rest time between leg press and squat sets is somewhere around 3 minutes or so. Never really timed them but just shootin from the hip here. The only adjustment I make on legs is reaching for a certain feeling with a respectable weight and then increasing the reps until I feel comfortable enough to add more weight. For example. I have worked my way back up to 1300 pounds on press for a few sets of 15 and have recently incresaed it to 20 reps. On squats I worked my way back up to 405 lbs for a couple sets of 10 and recently upped it to between 12 and 15 reps. In my training, I try to reach deep into the muscle fibers rather than impressing everyone in the gym by adding more plates. This method has also kept me free from injury and my joints healthy. I am very impressed that your moving 215 lbs. for those kinds of reps for your size. There goes your body talking to you again. You have to listen. I'll check in on your progress.

Toni69
09-15-08, 4:07 pm
very cool Rage. Im learning a lot from you already..thank you. ;)
I did post a couple pics of me to date but nothing special, im just trying to do my thing and maybe have some sort of new and improved package for the stage in late 2009..we shall see. I seriously appreciate you taking time to answer my questions too...means a lot.

I shall return! ;)

Enforcer
09-15-08, 4:13 pm
Man that is going to be a great time...I'll see you there for sure bro.

Def bro, I can't wait for this one

Quadz
09-20-08, 2:57 pm
hey bro, haven't been on here before but definately good stuff! I'm an NPC competitor myself but haven't made it to the national stage ...gotta question for ya though i noticed you said that you were uncomfortable at 260, what do you mean. Last april i was 185 or so did my show as a middleweight and i'm up to 210-215(bf is still low 10-12%) now...i have very bad lower back muscle pain couple of my buddies say it's because of the wieght gain...does this make sense to you?

Been to the chiropractor, and my doc i check out ok no injuries.

definately subscribed man, stop by journey sometime boss, i'd like to have some insight from a fellow competitor.

zanderfever
09-20-08, 6:54 pm
hey bro, haven't been on here before but definately good stuff! I'm an NPC competitor myself but haven't made it to the national stage ...gotta question for ya though i noticed you said that you were uncomfortable at 260, what do you mean. Last april i was 185 or so did my show as a middleweight and i'm up to 210-215(bf is still low 10-12%) now...i have very bad lower back muscle pain couple of my buddies say it's because of the wieght gain...does this make sense to you?

definately subscribed man, stop by journey sometime boss, i'd like to have some insight from a fellow competitor.

I'm not Rage, but I herniated a disc due to bad posture. I'd say see how your posture is first and after that listen to Rage since he's been around in this game longer than I have. Just saying a weird thing that doesn't usually come to peoples minds, hope you don't mind, Rage.

Firedrake
10-02-08, 6:38 pm

Quadz -- I'm not Rage, either, but I fought back pain for many, many years, due to injury in military service. I tried chiropractic, massage, spinal injections, various therapies, and I finally needed surgery last year. I've only been able to be lifting again for about six weeks. I have a lo-o-o-ng way to go.

There are several reasons you could be having muscle pain, but based on your bf levels, I don't think it's your weight gain. If the chiro says you're okay, and the doctor says there's no damage, I'd check with a massage therapist. You may be building too much muscle back there for the muscle sheaths, and need to loosen things up. Have you been doing a lot of DL's?

(Sorry for hijacking the thread, Rage -- I'll go over to his journey later . . . you can beat up on me on Saturday)

'drake

Quadz
10-02-08, 7:06 pm
i appreciate both replies i'm sure the big guy won't mind...i do get massage therapy done ever two weeks...i'm kinda clueless at this point as to why it hurts...not a big deadlifter, the movement has always been akward for me...all i can say is it's not terrible on my back days but my leg days are brutal i can't squat at all...leg press and hack's even hurt..???? i got no explanation for it

Rage
10-03-08, 2:37 pm
I'm not Rage, but I herniated a disc due to bad posture. I'd say see how your posture is first and after that listen to Rage since he's been around in this game longer than I have. Just saying a weird thing that doesn't usually come to peoples minds, hope you don't mind, Rage.

Quadz -- I'm not Rage, either, but I fought back pain for many, many years, due to injury in military service. I tried chiropractic, massage, spinal injections, various therapies, and I finally needed surgery last year. I've only been able to be lifting again for about six weeks. I have a lo-o-o-ng way to go.

There are several reasons you could be having muscle pain, but based on your bf levels, I don't think it's your weight gain. If the chiro says you're okay, and the doctor says there's no damage, I'd check with a massage therapist. You may be building too much muscle back there for the muscle sheaths, and need to loosen things up. Have you been doing a lot of DL's?

(Sorry for hijacking the thread, Rage -- I'll go over to his journey later . . . you can beat up on me on Saturday)

'drake

No worries brothers. I appreciate you giving another brother some feedback...never hurts anything. I jumped over to his journey and plugged in a couple comments...Lets tear it up tomorrow...

Rage
10-07-08, 7:38 pm
Trainer ordered a hydro so I got that done this morning. Official weigh in of 252 lbs. Bodyfat came in at 11.8% which is right where I wanted to be. It's a safe range for me to train hard and grow throughout next year.

Hammered out legs today...did my normal 50/40/30 reps for legs extensions and then on to Press for two working sets of 20...Then went on to hit a personal best today of 405 lbs on squats..deep for 2 sets of 16...wore my ass out...Didn't puke...came very close...

Toni69
10-07-08, 9:23 pm
50/40/30 now huh? uppin the ante I see. Im here dieing with 40/30/20 on the pre ext leg ext...okie dokie...I am gonna do my best to follow your lead here. :)

405 on squats for 16 reps...NICE! Always doin damage Rage..love it!

Your at the Arnold comin up right? be good to see you there and say hey..maybe a burger at smoky joes with Wides and some others??? on me??? ;) ;)

Dont get scared now, cause I can pack in some food too! ;)...that 8 layer chocolate cake ova at smoky joes has my name written all over it.

Firedrake
10-08-08, 12:02 am
Serious hammering, my friend -- you may find this odd, but I -envy- those squats.

'drake

Lunatic001
10-08-08, 10:41 am
Back on the grind and preparing to do some damage on stage.....motivating as always bro...keep up the good work....11% is great!!!

Hollow
10-08-08, 10:53 am
Back on the grind and preparing to do some damage on stage.....motivating as always bro...keep up the good work....11% is great!!!

X2! Outstanding leg session!

Rage
10-08-08, 6:03 pm
50/40/30 now huh? uppin the ante I see. Im here dieing with 40/30/20 on the pre ext leg ext...okie dokie...I am gonna do my best to follow your lead here. :)

405 on squats for 16 reps...NICE! Always doin damage Rage..love it!

Your at the Arnold comin up right? be good to see you there and say hey..maybe a burger at smoky joes with Wides and some others??? on me??? ;) ;)

Dont get scared now, cause I can pack in some food too! ;)...that 8 layer chocolate cake ova at smoky joes has my name written all over it.

Lol...I'm in...A lot of my routines use a progression of reps before a bump in weight. On that squat for example...I started at 10 reps and have moved up slowly to 16 reps. I'll wait till I hit 20 before bumping it to 495 for 10 reps. This has just consistenly worked for keeping me healthy and injury free....now I knock on wood...

Rage
10-08-08, 6:28 pm
Serious hammering, my friend -- you may find this odd, but I -envy- those squats.

'drake

Understandable my friend...we will have to see what quad work we can get established for you...

Rage
10-08-08, 6:29 pm

I'm on a mission to fill one of those top 5 spots on that Nationals stage...Thanks bro...

Rage
10-08-08, 6:29 pm
X2! Outstanding leg session!

Yea Buddy!!

Toni69
10-08-08, 6:59 pm
Yea Buddy!!

you visit me again...Im honored!

740 lbs 4 sets of 10! Good God girl...I'm honored you are doing my routine...That workout consistently kicks my ass!

ahhh...nutin' but a nut. LOl..just kidding. By the 4th set, I was feeling as if my legs were gonna give out. My shorty legs are stronger then they actually look, which pissees me off too! LOL

yes..I have been hitting your leg wo pretty much for the last few weeks and its a killer routine Rage...lovin it too!

I kinda follow your methods with lifting and I believe its why I dont have any other injuries other than my back which has stuck on and off with me for years. But I like sticking with a "number" for a certain amt of reps and once Im strong enough to go past that, I increase my weight. So see Rage, its true; Great minds do think alike, hmmm? LOL

I will be back....I expect you to come check on me regularly now. You have spoiled me...but with all do respect, I do admire your training ethics and style so I greatly appreciate you taking the time to check in with me.

Top 5 in Nationals...your too modest man...your gonna own Nationals!

Rage
10-08-08, 7:06 pm
you visit me again...Im honored!

ahhh...nutin' but a nut. LOl..just kidding. By the 4th set, I was feeling as if my legs were gonna give out. My shorty legs are stronger then they actually look, which pissees me off too! LOL

yes..I have been hitting your leg wo pretty much for the last few weeks and its a killer routine Rage...lovin it too!

I kinda follow your methods with lifting and I believe its why I dont have any other injuries other than my back which has stuck on and off with me for years. But I like sticking with a "number" for a certain amt of reps and once Im strong enough to go past that, I increase my weight. So see Rage, its true; Great minds do think alike, hmmm? LOL

I will be back....I expect you to come check on me regularly now. You have spoiled me...but with all do respect, I do admire your training ethics and style so I greatly appreciate you taking the time to check in with me.

Top 5 in Nationals...your too modest man...your gonna own Nationals!

Deal...I really appreciate your support Toni...A call out in top five would warrant a fist in the air...

Rage
10-10-08, 8:10 pm
I just went live on Bodybuilding.com!

http://www.bodybuilders.com/over40.htm

Lunatic001
10-10-08, 8:15 pm

Great job bro...well deserved recognition....I was actually waiting to see when it would be up! It was great seeing your progress through the ABCs....keep up the good work and you will make noise in 2010!!!

Firedrake
10-10-08, 8:39 pm
Very, VERY Cool! So THAT's what you look like in contest shape *grin*

'drake

Toni69
10-10-08, 8:53 pm

sweet Rage! lookin damn good too.And you have your brutal leg wo there I see, LOL..hmm...gotta check out what else you have up your sleeve.

Congrats Rage! and that back dbl bi shot is fierce! luv that!

Rage
10-14-08, 8:27 pm
Great job bro...well deserved recognition....I was actually waiting to see when it would be up! It was great seeing your progress through the ABCs....keep up the good work and you will make noise in 2010!!!

Very, VERY Cool! So THAT's what you look like in contest shape *grin*

'drake

sweet Rage! lookin damn good too.And you have your brutal leg wo there I see, LOL..hmm...gotta check out what else you have up your sleeve.

Congrats Rage! and that back dbl bi shot is fierce! luv that!

Thanks you guys, I reall appreciate it. Good one Firedrake...I felt that elbow...

Rage
10-14-08, 8:32 pm
Had a good day on chest yesterday...put up 315 lbs for 2 sets of 12...putting in the work to bring up the chest and arms. Hammered out a drop set of 20 reps with 120 lb dumbbell on incline tricep extension and follwed that with 100 lber for another 20. 2 sets total finished off the tricep routine.

Legs today...did my 405 on squats for 2 sets of 18 this time...almost there...

InkdMuscle
10-15-08, 2:13 pm
Had a good day on chest yesterday...put up 315 lbs for 2 sets of 12...putting in the work to bring up the chest and arms. Hammered out a drop set of 20 reps with 120 lb dumbbell on incline tricep extension and follwed that with 100 lber for another 20. 2 sets total finished off the tricep routine.

All i can say is "i wanna be i wanna be like rage".

Hollow
10-15-08, 2:17 pm

Simply unbelieveable!

Rage
10-15-08, 6:34 pm
All i can say is "i wanna be i wanna be like rage".

Ya well I'd hate to get hit with one of your roundhouses or cross!

InkdMuscle
10-15-08, 6:36 pm
Ya well I'd hate to get hit with one of your roundhouses or cross!

Haha. Well when ur putt'n up those #'s im sure a lil kick or punch would shed off you like bullets to superman. lol.

Roland
10-15-08, 7:44 pm
Congrats brother....you are kickin' ass man!!!

Rage
10-20-08, 1:55 pm
Haha. Well when ur putt'n up those #'s im sure a lil kick or punch would shed off you like bullets to superman. lol.

lol

Rage
10-20-08, 1:56 pm
Congrats brother....you are kickin' ass man!!!

Thanks bro..

InkdMuscle
10-21-08, 11:30 am
Just drop'n in to check on our progress.

Rage
10-21-08, 9:45 pm
Hit he mark today with 2 sets of 405 on squats for 20 reps each after extensions and Press. Time to move up to 495 lbs, so I'll start with 2 sets of 10...hopefully...Great leg day today!

Rage
10-21-08, 9:46 pm
Just drop'n in to check on our progress.

Thanks bro...things are moving along slowly but surely. Lets rock back at Temple here in a couple weeks!

diesel1976
10-21-08, 9:57 pm
Hit he mark today with 2 sets of 405 on squats for 20 reps each after extensions and Press. Time to move up to 495 lbs, so I'll start with 2 sets of 10...hopefully...Great leg day today!

Those are some pretty badass, grueling numbers Rage! Thats the kind of shit that fires me up to train legs!! Keep nailing the heavy stuff!

InkdMuscle
10-21-08, 11:25 pm
Thanks bro...things are moving along slowly but surely. Lets rock back at Temple here in a couple weeks!

well even if its slowly as long as its moving its still good. Even locamotives can go 0-60 right away but once those bad boys get going thers no stopping them. same thing for you rage feel the engine and full steam ahead.

Lunatic001
10-22-08, 11:10 am

Damn bro...my legs got sore just reading this....good job and keep doing what you are doing man...see you at the ABC......

Mr. Dead
10-22-08, 11:44 am
Just checking in, to see how the progress is going... Shootin' for 495!!! You'll nail it!!!

Hollow
10-22-08, 11:55 am

Outstanding leg day! 495 lbs...it's yours!

Firedrake
10-22-08, 2:19 pm
Sweet work on the squats, bro -- hope your legs feel as good as mine do *grin*

InkdMuscle
10-27-08, 1:54 pm
did legs like rage and man do my legs hurt. and i did them on friday and now its monday.

Rage
10-28-08, 2:05 pm
Just checking in, to see how the progress is going... Shootin' for 495!!! You'll nail it!!!

Outstanding leg day! 495 lbs...it's yours!

After 2 sets of 20 with 405 I feel really good about moving up...thanks for the support you guys.

Rage
10-28-08, 2:06 pm
Sweet work on the squats, bro -- hope your legs feel as good as mine do *grin*

sets of 50 on press are no joke...I'm glad you can still walk...Thanks bro.

Rage
10-28-08, 2:08 pm
did legs like rage and man do my legs hurt. and i did them on friday and now its monday.

Hey bro...legs are no joke...they take a very disciplined approach to remain injury free...have to keep the reps up fairly high...high reps grow legs and keep them healthy...

Rage
10-28-08, 2:11 pm
Yesterdays chest and tri training went well. Did 315 lb on bench for 2 sets of 10 down from 2 sets of 12 while my shoulder stops bitching at me. Every once in a while it gets a little pissed off but it's doing better now. Next week we should be back at 2 sets of 12 and then moving up in weight soon. Triceps went great as usual. Did some press downs to warm things up, then on to a plate for 2 sets of 20 on dips and then 2 sets of 40 reps on dumbbell tricep extensions...just have to shock the fuck out of them every once in a while : )

Lunatic001
10-28-08, 2:40 pm
Nice way to shock the tris and your presses are hell of strong bro....keep up the good work...do you have anything for elbows that flare up??

InkdMuscle
10-28-08, 2:46 pm
Yesterdays chest and tri training went well. Did 315 lb on bench for 2 sets of 10 down from 2 sets of 12 while my shoulder stops bitching at me. Every once in a while it gets a little pissed off but it's doing better now. Next week we should be back at 2 sets of 12 and then moving up in weight soon. Triceps went great as usual. Did some press downs to warm things up, then on to a plate for 2 sets of 20 on dips and then 2 sets of 40 reps on dumbbell tricep extensions...just have to shock the fuck out of them every once in a while : )

Shit im going to have to shock my whole body for the contest. That work out looks solid. I know on my bench my right elbow hurts a lil so im gonna grab a brace for it.

Rage
10-28-08, 2:59 pm
Nice way to shock the tris and your presses are hell of strong bro....keep up the good work...do you have anything for elbows that flare up??

I can honestly swear by Animal Flex....got me through all of my show prep without a single injury or any soarness....

Another side note....if it hurts...don't do it....sub a different movement that works the same muscle but feels better on the joints....Last year I took 9 months off of barbell bench and incline to give my shoulder time to heal and worked only dumbbells and pec dec...

Rage
10-28-08, 3:01 pm
Shit im going to have to shock my whole body for the contest. That work out looks solid. I know on my bench my right elbow hurts a lil so im gonna grab a brace for it.

Same for you bro...if it hurts...don't do it...

You'll be amazed at the transformation your body goes through during contest prep...

T o m m Y
10-28-08, 3:02 pm
Animal............

Toni69
10-28-08, 3:02 pm
I can honestly swear by Animal Flex....got me through all of my show prep without a single injury or any soarness....

Another side note....if it hurts...don't do it....sub a different movement that works the same muscle but feels better on the joints....Last year I took 9 months off of barbell bench and incline to give my shoulder time to heal and worked only dumbbells and pec dec...

Im gonna hit that flex stuff hard now that I busted up my calf.

How you doin Rage? I didnt leave the face of the earth..I temporarily closed my journey but Im back in business...open for business! LOL...hmmm, maybe you never noticed I was gone all this time. You better have man! ;)

InkdMuscle
10-28-08, 3:24 pm
Same for you bro...if it hurts...don't do it...

You'll be amazed at the transformation your body goes through during contest prep...

Maybe its just me,... so if I stick to Flat DB's presses and Incline DB's presses on chest day for a while. will my max in Flat BB Bench go down? I dont wanna loose that.

Lunatic001
10-28-08, 4:06 pm
Maybe its just me,... so if I stick to Flat DB's presses and Incline DB's presses on chest day for a while. will my max in Flat BB Bench go down? I dont wanna loose that.

It will go down, but you will get back up to your max and even more stronger in a short time because your stabilizers will be strong as hell and you will really get that mind muscle connection needed for growth without having to really use your max numbers.......I just started back on BB from DB and I could really push my chest to contract and feel the weight instead of just throwing weight up.....am I rambling or are you catching my drift??

Rage
10-28-08, 4:29 pm

Sometimes...but remember...your a bodybuilder...you want mass over strength but the two obviously are related...reps over weight

I actually was stronger coming off the db's...

Rage
10-28-08, 4:30 pm
It will go down, but you will get back up to your max and even more stronger in a short time because your stabilizers will be strong as hell and you will really get that mind muscle connection needed for growth without having to really use your max numbers.......I just started back on BB from DB and I could really push my chest to contract and feel the weight instead of just throwing weight up.....am I rambling or are you catching my drift??

This is also true...I have seen this scenario many times working through an injury...

InkdMuscle
10-28-08, 4:58 pm

Sometimes...but remember...your a bodybuilder...you want mass over strength but the two obviously are related...reps over weight

I actually was stronger coming off the db's...

This is also true...I have seen this scenario many times working through an injury...

Just wondering. Yes I want the MASS more then ever. SO i could see. well i guess for a lil while I will switch to DB's. any suggestion you guys on how long i should do the switch for.

Mizzarler
10-28-08, 5:06 pm

damn Rage 1 set of 405 for 20 at the BEGINNING of your leg workout would be very impressive, I have a question though...whenever I squat for high reps 10-20, i do it in onee fluent motion in bursts of first 8 then 3 then like 4 if i did 15, is this what you do? should I do it differently do get more out of it?
thanks man your a real inspiration

Rage
10-29-08, 12:58 pm
Just wondering. Yes I want the MASS more then ever. SO i could see. well i guess for a lil while I will switch to DB's. any suggestion you guys on how long i should do the switch for.

I would suggest doing this for a couple months and then add a bb movement in for a test...go by feel...if it starts to get pissed...back to db's.

Rage
10-29-08, 1:01 pm
damn Rage 1 set of 405 for 20 at the BEGINNING of your leg workout would be very impressive, I have a question though...whenever I squat for high reps 10-20, i do it in onee fluent motion in bursts of first 8 then 3 then like 4 if i did 15, is this what you do? should I do it differently do get more out of it?
thanks man your a real inspiration

Thanks for stopping in bro...I'll put a youtube of this up before long. The only ones I have right now are my posing routine and my shrugs...look it up under Tom Fuller. I do my squats like Coleman does his...all the way down but not all the way up...keeping constant stress on the quads with constant movement...I don't lock out on top.

InkdMuscle
10-29-08, 1:14 pm
I would suggest doing this for a couple months and then add a bb movement in for a test...go by feel...if it starts to get pissed...back to db's.

Sounds Good. I will start DB's on monday when my chest day starts. I know I can hit the 100's for good solid reps so i will start there.

Are you going to do another show anytime aswell.

Rage
10-29-08, 5:45 pm
Sounds Good. I will start DB's on monday when my chest day starts. I know I can hit the 100's for good solid reps so i will start there.

Are you going to do another show anytime aswell.

I'm taking 09 off to add as much size as I can to prep for Nationals mid 2010. I will be watching you rock the spot early next year.....

Lunatic001
10-29-08, 5:49 pm
I'm taking 09 off to add as much size as I can to prep for Nationals mid 2010. I will be watching you rock the spot early next year.....

So no tune up?? It would be nice to see you on stage in Cali........but I can't wait to track your progress through the ABCs bro!.....

Rage
10-29-08, 5:54 pm
Legs yesterday went good. By the time I got to squats I was feeling very good. First set of 10 with 495 felt very heavy. Second set was going good 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 lower each rep....on the tenth one I was feeling very good and dropped down deeper than normal and there's when it happened. I felt a little snap in my low back. I pushed the weight up, got in touch with the pain and noticed it was on the low right side....my initial thought was thank god it wasn't the middle...a disc...then the pain really set in and I realized I strained the lower right lumbar very deep in the muscle. Luckily, one of my training partners is a massage therapist....down on the bench I went and he was practically off the ground shoving his elbow deep in my back. Day off today so I got some pain meds from the doc...it'll take a few days but my doc knows me all to well...the words tkae time off never came out of his mouth becasue he knows better....Take it easy for a bit is good advice that I will heed. It will heal just fine.

Lunatic001
10-29-08, 5:58 pm
Hope it heals fast bro.....I am glad you listen to your body and didn't go at it any longer, that PT friend came in handy.......rest, recover and come back stronger bro!...

AZN-BEEF
10-29-08, 6:50 pm
hope you heal up asap rage!

Firedrake
10-29-08, 6:57 pm
*snip* . . . there's when it happened. I felt a little snap in my low back. I pushed the weight up, got in touch with the pain and noticed it was on the low right side....my initial thought was thank god it wasn't the middle...a disc...then the pain really set in and I realized I strained the lower right lumbar very deep in the muscle. Luckily, one of my training partners is a massage therapist....down on the bench I went and he was practically off the ground shoving his elbow deep in my back. Day off today so I got some pain meds from the doc...it'll take a few days but my doc knows me all to well...the words tkae time off never came out of his mouth becasue he knows better....Take it easy for a bit is good advice that I will heed. It will heal just fine.

Yes, it will, but isn't my bad example good enough for you? You don't want the foot-long scar I have in my back, now do you? <grin> Seriously, boss: take it easy, yes -- I don't know if you have a whirlpool at home, but if you want to come down to the cheap seats of my "mobile home park," we have a nice one. You've got my number.

As for your massage therapist: I could use a good one. May I get a referral?

Toni69
10-29-08, 9:08 pm
Legs yesterday went good. By the time I got to squats I was feeling very good. First set of 10 with 495 felt very heavy. Second set was going good 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 lower each rep....on the tenth one I was feeling very good and dropped down deeper than normal and there's when it happened. I felt a little snap in my low back. I pushed the weight up, got in touch with the pain and noticed it was on the low right side....my initial thought was thank god it wasn't the middle...a disc...then the pain really set in and I realized I strained the lower right lumbar very deep in the muscle. Luckily, one of my training partners is a massage therapist....down on the bench I went and he was practically off the ground shoving his elbow deep in my back. Day off today so I got some pain meds from the doc...it'll take a few days but my doc knows me all to well...the words tkae time off never came out of his mouth becasue he knows better....Take it easy for a bit is good advice that I will heed. It will heal just fine.

ohhh..sorry to hear this. I know all about back pain trust me. I have on and off issues with 2 bulging disks and a central protrusion in L4/L5..so I can literally feel your pain. Your a damn trooper though Rage, and the show must go on. Just be careful..I know you will cause your all smart like that. ;)

I think the worst part of whenever my back acted up was having to sneeze. Seriously that was so painful. If I felt a sneeze coming on I would have to get in the hunch over position like super fast and hold on for dear life that I wouldnt sneeze my damn spine right out of my back, LOL.

looking foward to seeing ya back here doin your thing. take care.

InkdMuscle
10-30-08, 11:23 am

Well i have the desire to get the job done. So with yoru guiding hand and help I know you will help shine on that stage on March. I cant wait.

InkdMuscle
10-30-08, 11:25 am

You will heal fast partner. Just like u said take it easy for a lil bit and you will be good as new. Im glad it wasnt something more serious.

Rage
10-30-08, 1:16 pm
Thanks for the support you guys...I can always lean on my good friends in the forum when I can't stand upright...I'm already doing a lot better today and I think it's mostly due to the fact that I had my training partners insistance that I hit the bench and let him work on it tight away. Did some hot and cold on it last night and I can honestly say it already feels like I'm about 50% there. My training today will be by feel and caution as I continue on with the iron...I will be training today...shoulders and biceps...

ls1phillip
10-30-08, 1:24 pm
been reading this hope u heal up man

InkdMuscle
10-31-08, 6:50 pm
Thanks for the support you guys...I can always lean on my good friends in the forum when I can't stand upright...I'm already doing a lot better today and I think it's mostly due to the fact that I had my training partners insistance that I hit the bench and let him work on it tight away. Did some hot and cold on it last night and I can honestly say it already feels like I'm about 50% there. My training today will be by feel and caution as I continue on with the iron...I will be training today...shoulders and biceps...

Well hope u are able to give the effort through the pain. Iknow ur a monster so it shouldnt be hard for ya. but yeah do have caution dont want to injur your self more.

DBOY
11-02-08, 12:19 am

youll heal up fast brotha, just take it slow dnt go to heavy......and get big for 2010 baby ,time to turn "PRO"....

Toni69
11-02-08, 12:42 pm
youll heal up fast brotha, just take it slow dnt go to heavy......and get big for 2010 baby ,time to turn "PRO"....

ha! dont go heavy??? that's like telling a newborn baby to stop crying! LOL

I know you mean well..most people do when they say stuff like that. Dealing with an injury, for most of us, seems to get us more fired up. Speaking for myself with past back issues and my now torn calf muscle, a certain amt of caution is always on the back burner when most athletes train with injuries, but we endure and persist. Its just the way our mind and body works..its just how we are hardwired to be, our genetic makeup and tolerance work and allow for us to push through the way we do. That is the bread and butter of it all for us, of what we do in the gym, which also translates outside of the gym.

Rage
11-03-08, 2:17 pm
ha! dont go heavy??? that's like telling a newborn baby to stop crying! LOL

I know you mean well..most people do when they say stuff like that. Dealing with an injury, for most of us, seems to get us more fired up. Speaking for myself with past back issues and my now torn calf muscle, a certain amt of caution is always on the back burner when most athletes train with injuries, but we endure and persist. Its just the way our mind and body works..its just how we are hardwired to be, our genetic makeup and tolerance work and allow for us to push through the way we do. That is the bread and butter of it all for us, of what we do in the gym, which also translates outside of the gym.

This is very true...my back is still bugging me yet my mind is still going back and forth with what I'm going to use for weight on legs tomorrow....it's a God damn addiction...this sport! I just might use 495 again and stay a bit above parallel..we'll see...

Hollow
11-03-08, 2:33 pm
I hope your back heals up quickly!

Rage
11-03-08, 3:02 pm
I hope your back heals up quickly!

Thanks bro...it is what it is..and most of us are no strangers to injuries and training despite them.

Mr. Dead
11-03-08, 3:08 pm
This is very true...my back is still bugging me yet my mind is still going back and forth with what I'm going to use for weight on legs tomorrow....it's a God damn addiction...this sport! I just might use 495 again and stay a bit above parallel..we'll see...

Just listen to your body, when you do that, bro...

Rage
11-03-08, 8:13 pm
Just listen to your body, when you do that, bro...

Sometimes it yells at me and I'm forced to listen...

Rage
11-03-08, 8:25 pm
So this is what happens....you see....trained chest and tri's today...did my normal bench of 315 for 2 sets of 12, we did some incline, some flyes, weighted dips, close grip bench on a drop set followed by a burn out set on tricep extensions of 60 reps dropping in three spots....I walk out of the gym with my back feeling better than when I went in....And hours later it still feels good...better than when I went into the gym...this is training by feel. So tomorrow I'll go by feel again and we'll see what happens...

InkdMuscle
11-03-08, 8:45 pm
So this is what happens....you see....trained chest and tri's today...did my normal bench of 315 for 2 sets of 12, we did some incline, some flyes, weighted dips, close grip bench on a drop set followed by a burn out set on tricep extensions of 60 reps dropping in three spots....I walk out of the gym with my back feeling better than when I went in....And hours later it still feels good...better than when I went into the gym...this is training by feel. So tomorrow I'll go by feel again and we'll see what happens...

thats all you can do. Im headed to the gym to work chest with DB's im stoaked to see if I can get up the 120's. I know i can do 105's. but its been a while since i used DB on my chest routine. Ill post up my results later.

Toni69
11-03-08, 9:34 pm

very nice and good news for the back too. training by feel..how i do it every day...good stuff Rage! I say come Arnold time...you let me in on one of your wo's there..I can keep up with you big guys! LOL

Firedrake
11-03-08, 10:55 pm
Nice looking "feel", boss.

Lunatic001
11-04-08, 11:16 am
Nice feel and nice session.....let us know how the legs feel....

Lunatic

Mr. Dead
11-04-08, 11:18 am
Sometimes it yells at me and I'm forced to listen...

I know that feeling well, unfortunately...

Hollow
11-04-08, 11:28 am

Training by "feel" definitely paid off in this session, great workout Rage! Good to hear your back is feeling much better.

Rage
11-04-08, 2:03 pm
You can really "feel" those posts guys...lol...thanks for all the support....I'm going to hit quads very hard today regardless of my back. If after extensions and press, the squats mess with it then I'll be back over at press for some overtime work...lot of muscle fiber to rip into...

InkdMuscle
11-04-08, 4:22 pm
You can really "feel" those posts guys...lol...thanks for all the support....I'm going to hit quads very hard today regardless of my back. If after extensions and press, the squats mess with it then I'll be back over at press for some overtime work...lot of muscle fiber to rip into...

Way to work through the strain. my hats of to ya. Keep at it. I have shoulders today. So i am going to switch it up. I use to start with exhaust laterials. but ill start with seated DB press to see if i can pass my PR at 100DB's.

Rage
11-04-08, 7:12 pm
Way to work through the strain. my hats of to ya. Keep at it. I have shoulders today. So i am going to switch it up. I use to start with exhaust laterials. but ill start with seated DB press to see if i can pass my PR at 100DB's.

Thats the shit bro! I'll check in on that.

Rage
11-04-08, 7:18 pm
Extensions for pre exhaust 50/40/30
Press - after warm ups did 2 working sets of 15 with about 1500 lbs
Squats - warm up with 315 for a set of 20 to test the back...this time had the power belt on Animal style...felt great loaded up 495 lbs and hit a good set of 10....around the 8th one my left lower glute started getting pissed off....back held up great, but I stopped at the one set so as to not press my luck...
Lying Leg Curls
Standing Leg Curls - Both for 2 working sets of 15 and called it a day

Left glute is a little stiff but will be fine next week when we hit it again...my body is adjusting to the heavier weight. That set of 10 with 495 actually felt lighter than last week....fuck yeah!

Toni69
11-04-08, 9:18 pm
Squats - warm up with 315 for a set of 20 to test the back...this time had the power belt on Animal style...felt great loaded up 495 lbs and hit a good set of 10....around the 8th one my left lower glute started getting pissed off....back held up great, but I stopped at the one set so as to not press my luck...
Lying Leg Curls

Left glute is a little stiff but will be fine next week when we hit it again...my body is adjusting to the heavier weight. That set of 10 with 495 actually felt lighter than last week....fuck yeah!

awesome on squats..315 for 20, I wish! I wish I can get friggin 135 for 20. LOL and you make 495 look like a darn wu man! BTW..if any of you havent seen his vids on his bodyspace..check em out now! Sorry, Rage...had to promote a bit, LOL.

your left glute gets pissy and my left side of my lower back right above the glute muscle gets pissy. As soon as I feel it spasming and tightening I know Im done. My 225 today triggered that response and I wasnt happy, but still, it felt good to get 225. Guys in my gym dont really go there so when they see me doin it Im all in their face about it, LOL. We have this one NPC guy who comes in and does like 6 plates per side on that thing for nice, deep reps but he is so damn dramatic. He does the whole James Brown kneeling to the floor thing, with sound effects whenever he is done with his sets...drives me nuts cause every leg day he does that same drama bit...ugh!

AZN-BEEF
11-04-08, 11:33 pm
great to know you felt comfrotable with 495! see you on saturday!

InkdMuscle
11-05-08, 12:38 am
Lying Leg Curls

Im gonna use this workout on friday for leg day. I dont know about the squats though since the bar kills my back. maybe ill sub some ram squats to help out.

Hollow
11-05-08, 9:13 am
Good to see that your back was feeling great for today’s leg workout, especially hearing that the 495 felt lighter this week!!!

Toni69
11-05-08, 10:13 am
great to know you felt comfrotable with 495! see you on saturday!

ohhhh...you guys are gettin together sat? Im so jealous you get to train with Rage! No fair! LOL

I will stand by for pics...

waiting....

is it saturday over there yet? LOL

Rage
11-05-08, 12:49 pm
awesome on squats..315 for 20, I wish! I wish I can get friggin 135 for 20. LOL and you make 495 look like a darn wu man! BTW..if any of you havent seen his vids on his bodyspace..check em out now! Sorry, Rage...had to promote a bit, LOL.

your left glute gets pissy and my left side of my lower back right above the glute muscle gets pissy. As soon as I feel it spasming and tightening I know Im done. My 225 today triggered that response and I wasnt happy, but still, it felt good to get 225. Guys in my gym dont really go there so when they see me doin it Im all in their face about it, LOL. We have this one NPC guy who comes in and does like 6 plates per side on that thing for nice, deep reps but he is so damn dramatic. He does the whole James Brown kneeling to the floor thing, with sound effects whenever he is done with his sets...drives me nuts cause every leg day he does that same drama bit...ugh!

Thanks Toni...ya that type of gym drama drives me nuts...

Rage
11-05-08, 12:52 pm
Hey bro, we would all like to see you put a journey on this Forum bro...You have so much potential it's not even funny...I know because I've trained with you and people who know me also know that I don't just dish out lip service like that unless I believe it. Get a journey going in here bro so we can all watch you pregress through the sport. Your story is very inspiring!

Rage
11-05-08, 12:54 pm
Im gonna use this workout on friday for leg day. I dont know about the squats though since the bar kills my back. maybe ill sub some ram squats to help out.

This is a workout that I've used quite a while and it has worked great for me and building some size in the quadz...just remember to treat the leg extensions as a warm up...light to moderate weight...

Rage
11-05-08, 12:56 pm
Good to see that your back was feeling great for today’s leg workout, especially hearing that the 495 felt lighter this week!!!

Thanks bro... thats why I was a bit pissed that of all things my glute starts getting pissed...never had that happen before...might have been some over compensation for what happened with the back..who knows...but I'm looking forward to next week...

Rage
11-05-08, 12:56 pm
ohhhh...you guys are gettin together sat? Im so jealous you get to train with Rage! No fair! LOL

I will stand by for pics...

waiting....

is it saturday over there yet? LOL

LOL!

InkdMuscle
11-05-08, 3:44 pm
This is a workout that I've used quite a while and it has worked great for me and building some size in the quadz...just remember to treat the leg extensions as a warm up...light to moderate weight...

What do you have in mind since it is hard for me to do squats.

AZN-BEEF
11-05-08, 5:09 pm
Hey bro, we would all like to see you put a journey on this Forum bro...You have so much potential it's not even funny...I know because I've trained with you and people who know me also know that I don't just dish out lip service like that unless I believe it. Get a journey going in here bro so we can all watch you pregress through the sport. Your story is very inspiring!

WOW...rage thank you so much for the kind words, it really means a lot..

ill try to make a journal soon when i have the time..ill let you know when its up!

AZN-BEEF
11-05-08, 10:59 pm
WOW...rage thank you so much for the kind words, it really means a lot..

ill try to make a journal soon when i have the time..ill let you know when its up!

just made it check it out when you have time http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=553250#post553250

Rage
11-06-08, 1:57 pm
What do you have in mind since it is hard for me to do squats.

Lets go over some bar placement this weekend...it takes some getting used to....

Rage
11-06-08, 1:58 pm
just made it check it out when you have time http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=553250#post553250

I'll be there in a sec...good work bro...you will have a positive impact in this place...see you Saturday.

InkdMuscle
11-06-08, 3:31 pm
Lets go over some bar placement this weekend...it takes some getting used to....

sounds good cant wait for this saturday.

Rage
11-07-08, 2:23 pm
Shoulders and biceps yesterday

Smith Press
DB Press - drop set on last one
Side Laterals Cable - Drop set on last one
Rear Delts Cable - 3 drops on last set

Lying Cable Curls
One Arm Preachers
Reverse Preachers Cable ss w/Standing Forearm

Good workout, definitely fried...

Mr. Dead
11-07-08, 2:38 pm
Shoulders and biceps yesterday

Smith Press
DB Press - drop set on last one
Side Laterals Cable - Drop set on last one
Rear Delts Cable - 3 drops on last set

Lying Cable Curls
One Arm Preachers
Reverse Preachers Cable ss w/Standing Forearm

Good workout, definitely fried...

Those drop sets are true killers!!!

Lunatic001
11-07-08, 2:40 pm
I got to try those reverser cable preacher.....good job on the drop sets....they burn, burn I tell you.....question: Do you feel akward using a smith machine? I get more pain (bad) or feel like something is not right when I use the smith for any pressing movement...maybe it's just me...something about the fix range of motion that gets me.......

Lunatic

Hollow
11-07-08, 4:11 pm
Those drop sets are true killers!!!

X2! Great way to really hit the muscle. Great workout Rage!

InkdMuscle
11-10-08, 2:06 pm
I was just talk'n with DBOY yesterday on dieting. Man its no joke. but you have to do it to acheive the goals. I followed your leg routine and man they are friend. My back is also still friend from sat's ABC. Today is chest day ill post that up on my journey later on. time to pack in more food. thanks for tak'n me under your wing for this rage.

Rage
11-10-08, 2:14 pm
I got to try those reverser cable preacher.....good job on the drop sets....they burn, burn I tell you.....question: Do you feel akward using a smith machine? I get more pain (bad) or feel like something is not right when I use the smith for any pressing movement...maybe it's just me...something about the fix range of motion that gets me.......

Lunatic

The reverse cable preachers were so so...I prefer them with the curl bar...I was just changing it up a bit. Your hitting on what makes this an individual sport for progress...bio-mechanics...those feel real good for me but not for everyone.

Lunatic001
11-10-08, 2:20 pm
The reverse cable preachers were so so...I prefer them with the curl bar...I was just changing it up a bit. Your hitting on what makes this an individual sport for progress...bio-mechanics...those feel real good for me but not for everyone.

Thanks bro.....I guess it's my bio mechanics suck...lol.....or our smith machine sucks....

Rage
11-10-08, 2:24 pm
I was just talk'n with DBOY yesterday on dieting. Man its no joke. but you have to do it to acheive the goals. I followed your leg routine and man they are friend. My back is also still friend from sat's ABC. Today is chest day ill post that up on my journey later on. time to pack in more food. thanks for tak'n me under your wing for this rage.

It was great having you out there bro...DBOY is certainly one of my disciples as he has has dropped an impressive 60 lbs in five months and looks incredible! If you haven't seen the sweep on his quads...it's very impressive...very good symmetry.

Glad to help you bro...you'll do very well.

Rage
11-10-08, 2:43 pm
Another side note to DBOY's progress...he's dropped 18% bodyfat down to a more manageable 12%....that's down from 30%!

Lunatic001
11-10-08, 2:46 pm
Another side note to DBOY's progress...he's dropped 18% bodyfat down to a more manageable 12%....that's down from 30%!

Wow you guys are Animals!....both of you have done a great job!.....I can't wait to see Yok'd up on stage.....

InkdMuscle
11-10-08, 4:28 pm
It was great having you out there bro...DBOY is certainly one of my disciples as he has has dropped an impressive 60 lbs in five months and looks incredible! If you haven't seen the sweep on his quads...it's very impressive...very good symmetry.

Glad to help you bro...you'll do very well.

I know I can remember the first time I met DBOY. from then untill now what a drastic change for the better.

Wow you guys are Animals!....both of you have done a great job!.....I can't wait to see Yok'd up on stage.....

Rage is hook'n it up for both of us. Its not everyday you get personal attention from a person like Rage.

I will be up there shortly. march is right around the corner.

Firedrake
11-10-08, 11:21 pm

Okay, now I have something to shoot for . . .

Rage
11-11-08, 1:13 pm

He listens...this makes my job much easier..

I know I can remember the first time I met DBOY. from then untill now what a drastic change for the better.

He's a powerful example of how to make it happen when it comes to a positive body comp change.

Rage is hook'n it up for both of us. Its not everyday you get personal attention from a person like Rage.

I will be up there shortly. march is right around the corner.

Thank you bro...your going to kick some ass

Okay, now I have something to shoot for . . .

Knowing that it can be done and knowing the people who have made it happen is a very powerful tool for you to have in your tool chest...

Hollow
11-11-08, 1:25 pm
He listens...this makes my job much easier..

Thank you bro...your going to kick some ass

Knowing that it can be done and knowing the people who have made it happen is a very powerful tool for you to have in your tool chest...

X2! Can't put a price tag on that knowledge.

Rage
11-11-08, 1:35 pm
Chest and tri's yesterday...

2 x 10 Bench
2 x 12 Incline Smith
2 x failure superset Cable cross overs and flat bench flies

2 x failure drop set Close Grip Bench
2 x failure Dumbell Incline tricep Extensions

Mr. Dead
11-11-08, 1:55 pm

2 x 10 Bench
2 x 12 Incline Smith

Great stuff, ther, bro... I know you're hittin' it hard!!!

Hollow
11-11-08, 2:23 pm

2 x 10 Bench
2 x 12 Incline Smith

Hitting hard and to the point...great workout Rage!

Firedrake
11-11-08, 2:35 pm

2 x 10 Bench
2 x 12 Incline Smith

Good looking work, bud -- I'm sure you kept Russell and DBoy on their toes!

Rage
11-11-08, 4:23 pm
Great stuff, ther, bro... I know you're hittin' it hard!!!

Thanks bro

Hitting hard and to the point...great workout Rage!

The more expanded versions are on DBOY's LOL...I just get right to the working sets

Good looking work, bud -- I'm sure you kept Russell and DBoy on their toes!

...trust me...they do the same..

Lunatic001
11-12-08, 12:03 am
BULLET PROOF CHEST....i know I have some kryptonite somewhere.......keep up the good work bro...you inspire a lot of ANIMALS....especially me.....

Rage
11-12-08, 2:45 pm
BULLET PROOF CHEST....i know I have some kryptonite somewhere.......keep up the good work bro...you inspire a lot of ANIMALS....especially me.....

Thanks bro...your time is near...

Mr. Dead
11-12-08, 2:46 pm

And me...

ghost
11-12-08, 2:48 pm
Tom. you are definitely an ispiration, and a Genuine Animal.... one I am glad to have been able to train with.

definitely subbed for this ride, I know you are going to demolish that shit!

Rage
11-12-08, 3:04 pm
Legs yesterday

Extensions 50/40/30
Press 2 x 15 w/1500 lbs
Squats 2 x 10 w/495 lbs
Lying Curls 2 x 15
Standing Curls 2 x 15

Finally got those squats done without screwing anything else up in the process. Although I did have a bit of pain in my tensor fascia lata when I took my first step back on the second set. I looked up the function of that particular function and listed it below...

'In the erect posture, acting from below, it will serve to steady the pelvis upon the head of the femur; and by means of the iliotibial band it steadies the condyles of the femur on the articular surfaces of the tibia, and assists the Glutæus maximus in supporting the knee in the extended position'

...gee I wonder if this is important in taking a step backwards with 495 lbs...all part of getting used to the weight...

But the weight itself did once again feel really good...Going to attempt 2 x 14 next week...

ghost
11-12-08, 3:05 pm
You are a beast. :)

Hollow
11-12-08, 3:58 pm
Legs yesterday

Extensions 50/40/30
Press 2 x 15 w/1500 lbs
Squats 2 x 10 w/495 lbs
Lying Curls 2 x 15
Standing Curls 2 x 15

Finally got those squats done without screwing anything else up in the process. Although I did have a bit of pain in my tensor fascia lata when I took my first step back on the second set. I looked up the function of that particular function and listed it below...

'In the erect posture, acting from below, it will serve to steady the pelvis upon the head of the femur; and by means of the iliotibial band it steadies the condyles of the femur on the articular surfaces of the tibia, and assists the Glutæus maximus in supporting the knee in the extended position'

...gee I wonder if this is important in taking a step backwards with 495 lbs...all part of getting used to the weight...

But the weight itself did once again feel really good...Going to attempt 2 x 14 next week...

Not only inspirational but educational at the same time!

Good to see you made it through the squats with no problems this week…495…unreal!!! Next week, 14’s!

Lunatic001
11-12-08, 4:01 pm
495 is no joke bro.....WOW!...keep up the good work......

InkdMuscle
11-12-08, 4:05 pm
wholy crap isnt that the weight of VW BUG. I know it is. =D

Rage
11-12-08, 6:41 pm
And me...

LOL...thank you brother

Rage
11-12-08, 6:42 pm
Tom. you are definitely an ispiration, and a Genuine Animal.... one I am glad to have been able to train with.

definitely subbed for this ride, I know you are going to demolish that shit!

You are a beast. :)

Hey bro...how's it going...Arnold will be right back here before you know it...Thanks for the props

Rage
11-12-08, 6:46 pm

Good to see you made it through the squats with no problems this week…495…unreal!!! Next week, 14’s!

That weight was really starting to piss me off...but looks like I've got a handle on it now..

495 is no joke bro.....WOW!...keep up the good work......

That's probably the highest I will go...it's all reps from here on out....

wholy crap isnt that the weight of VW BUG. I know it is. =D

That's what we used to use...lol

DBOY
11-13-08, 1:16 am

damn leg day was no joke brotha..couldnt get out of bed today.....

DBOY
11-13-08, 1:22 am
RAGE is a great mentor, he really knows wat he is talkn bout wit his help i got down to the weight i wantd to be at and now he is helpn me put on muscle mass. workn out wit him is no joke, he dnt let you quite, keeps on the diet to make sure im on point n is one hell of a training partner..thanx for all the help brotha

ghost
11-13-08, 8:37 am
RAGE is a great mentor, he really knows wat he is talkn bout wit his help i got down to the weight i wantd to be at and now he is helpn me put on muscle mass. workn out wit him is no joke, he dnt let you quite, keeps on the diet to make sure im on point n is one hell of a training partner..thanx for all the help brotha

Not only is Tom a great mentor, but he is all around a Genuine Nice Guy. There are not too many guys like him in society today... He is one to watch, for he is going places, and fast.

Rage
11-13-08, 12:15 pm
damn leg day was no joke brotha..couldnt get out of bed today.....

I put you on a path and you did all the work..you made my job easy brother...I just move the orr from time to time...

Rage
11-13-08, 12:16 pm
Not only is Tom a great mentor, but he is all around a Genuine Nice Guy. There are not too many guys like him in society today... He is one to watch, for he is going places, and fast.

Thanks bro...life's too short to be an asshole...

InkdMuscle
11-13-08, 1:02 pm

Double goes for me to. Not only is he educated in this sport. he is very humble. He didnt give it a second thought when i asked him to train me for my show. That right there describes a true ANIMAL to me. Always giving and never asking for anyting...except my damn Carbs. lol. and its now thursday and my damn legs are still hurt'n. Thanks Rage gotta love that leg routine. =D

Mr. Dead
11-13-08, 1:10 pm
Definitely have to agree with all the good things about Tom, that's been posted up in here... I'm looking forward to 2009, gonna be a big year...

Rage
11-14-08, 2:17 pm
Alright enough of the spooning and back to work LOL...thanks you guys..

Yesterday Shoulders and biceps w/ a little splash of forearms for good measure..ments

Smith Press 2 x 10
DB Press 2 x 10
Triple T's 2 x 12 Hmmmmmm....I wonder what those are....
Lying Cable Curls 2 x 10
Preachers 2 x 10
Reverse Preachers 2 x 10
Standing Forearm Curls 3 x 15

Hollow
11-14-08, 2:23 pm
You got me on that one...got to ask...what are the Triple T's?

Mr. Dead
11-14-08, 2:35 pm
You got me on that one...got to ask...what are the Triple T's?

Texas Titty Twisters...

Hollow
11-14-08, 2:37 pm
Texas Titty Twisters...

LMAO...got it! Good way to start the weekend.

Thanks Mr. Dead.

Rage
11-17-08, 2:12 pm
Thats right Dead...thanks a lot for ruining the surprise LOL...

I started doing a superset about 12 years ago that everyone in the gym named Triple T's (the T for Tom)...I start with side laterals for 12, followed by front laterals for 12 finish with bent laterals for 12...so all in all it's 36 reps in a row that just fry the shoulders for two sets.

Rage
11-17-08, 2:15 pm
Fridays workout

Back, Traps and Calves

2 x 12 T Bar
2 x 12 Wide Grip Pull Downs
2 x 15 V Bar Pull Downs

1 set shrugs 405 for 35 reps
1 set shrugs 405 for 75 reps (pr)

Super set Seated Calf Raises w/Calf extensions for 3 sets

Toni69
11-17-08, 3:18 pm
you wanted your 75 reps and you got them! NICE!!!!

Hollow
11-17-08, 3:31 pm
Thats right Dead...thanks a lot for ruining the surprise LOL...

I started doing a superset about 12 years ago that everyone in the gym named Triple T's (the T for Tom)...I start with side laterals for 12, followed by front laterals for 12 finish with bent laterals for 12...so all in all it's 36 reps in a row that just fry the shoulders for two sets.

Thanks for the clarification Rage. I was wondering if it was along the same lines as 21’s. Even though Mr. Dead’s definition sounds painful, it’s not as painful as doing two set’s of three lateral movements for 36 reps with no breaks!

Tempus
11-17-08, 3:39 pm
That 405 for 75 is just sick. I guess its time for everyone else to step it up.

Big Wides
11-17-08, 3:41 pm
Nice session....those shrugs are mind boggling

InkdMuscle
11-17-08, 3:42 pm
That 405 for 75 is just sick. I guess its time for everyone else to step it up.

Yep good ol' Tom just shruggin away. 405 is no joke. Way to get the PR boss.

Mr. Dead
11-17-08, 3:43 pm
Way to grab that PR!!!

Rage
11-17-08, 4:29 pm
you wanted your 75 reps and you got them! NICE!!!!

Nice session....those shrugs are mind boggling

Yep good ol' Tom just shruggin away. 405 is no joke. Way to get the PR boss.

Way to grab that PR!!!

Oh man...my traps had no idea what even hit them..and I have to admit that I couldn't even tell you how my form was on like the last ten because they where fucking numb! I thought for sure I would be soar as hell the next day....not a thing...not sure where the hell I picked up this set of traps but I'm gonna hang on to them for a bit..thanks you guys..

Rage
11-17-08, 4:30 pm
Thanks for the clarification Rage. I was wondering if it was along the same lines as 21’s. Even though Mr. Dead’s definition sounds painful, it’s not as painful as doing two set’s of three lateral movements for 36 reps with no breaks!

I followed those with biceps and my shoulders were on fire through the entire bicep and forearm routine..

ghost
11-17-08, 4:58 pm
Fridays workout

Back, Traps and Calves

2 x 12 T Bar
2 x 12 Wide Grip Pull Downs
2 x 15 V Bar Pull Downs

1 set shrugs 405 for 35 reps
1 set shrugs 405 for 75 reps (pr)

Super set Seated Calf Raises w/Calf extensions for 3 sets
The man himself! SMOKING those shrugs! great job!

Lunatic001
11-17-08, 6:29 pm
THE SHRUG KING HAS ARRIVED!!! Keep killing it bro....

Lunatic

Rage
11-17-08, 6:52 pm
The man himself! SMOKING those shrugs! great job!

THE SHRUG KING HAS ARRIVED!!! Keep killing it bro....

Lunatic

Thanks Animals..

Rage
11-17-08, 7:00 pm
Chest and Shoulders

Bench 2 x 10 335 lbs (pr)
Smith Incline 2 x 12
Superset Neck Press/Flat Flyes/BW Dips each to failure for two rounds.

Rope Tricep Extensions 2 x 15
Close Grip Bench Drop one time 2 x failure

Sittinf Wrist Curls 2 x 15

Firedrake
11-17-08, 9:01 pm
Good for you, Boss! Still hitting the PRs!

InkdMuscle
11-18-08, 12:05 am
nice chest numbers boss. balls to the wall time.

Rage
11-18-08, 2:02 pm
Good for you, Boss! Still hitting the PRs!

nice chest numbers boss. balls to the wall time.

Thanks you guys...going for another pr today..

Lunatic001
11-18-08, 2:06 pm
Damn bro....335 on Flat is great! Keep up the good work!....what is your stack looking like these days?

ghost
11-18-08, 2:06 pm
Chest and Shoulders

Bench 2 x 10 335 lbs (pr)
Smith Incline 2 x 12
Superset Neck Press/Flat Flyes/BW Dips each to failure for two rounds.

Rope Tricep Extensions 2 x 15
Close Grip Bench Drop one time 2 x failure

Sittinf Wrist Curls 2 x 15

As always, amazing work brother.

InkdMuscle
11-18-08, 2:09 pm
Thanks you guys...going for another pr today..

Well dont just hit the PR's Shatter those bastards. today is legs so i have some i want to hit as well. even if it takes me all damn night.

Rage
11-18-08, 7:46 pm
Legs

Extensions 50/40/30
Press 2 x 15
Squats 2 x 15 w/ 495 (PR)
Lying Leg Curls 2 x 15
Standing Leg Curls 2 x 15

Rage
11-18-08, 7:49 pm
Damn bro....335 on Flat is great! Keep up the good work!....what is your stack looking like these days?

Supps are Pak and Flex in the morning, Omega, Stak, Test and Pump in the afternoon and Nitro post wo.

Lunatic001
11-18-08, 7:58 pm
Legs

Extensions 50/40/30
Press 2 x 15
Lying Leg Curls 2 x 15

Almost breaking the 500 lbs barrier....man your legs are strong!! Keep up the good work and maybe someday my legs will get strong as yours!

Supps are Pak and Flex in the morning, Omega, Stak, Test and Pump in the afternoon and Nitro post wo.

Solid stack bro.....I need to get on that Test.....

Firedrake
11-18-08, 8:15 pm
Legs

Extensions 50/40/30
Press 2 x 15
Lying Leg Curls 2 x 15

Y'know, I'm really beginning to loathe leg extensions <grin>. Those squats are amazing!

Toni69
11-18-08, 10:14 pm
I used to hate leg ext too then I started doin Rage's 40/30/20 and as they became easier, I went heavier and started to really enjoy them as I became stronger. Lately, I have been hitting leg ext pretty hard too and Im feeling it really good...especially now that I kinda limited in my training for the time being...leg ext Ragin' style is def killer stuff.

DBOY
11-19-08, 12:11 am
damn brotha we killd legs today.... nice work on the squats....495lbs ass to the floor.....

Tempus
11-19-08, 1:51 am
Wow. Looking solid.

Hollow
11-19-08, 8:11 am
There it is…gone! The 500 marker will be tumbling very shortly. Great work Rage!

ghost
11-19-08, 9:13 am
500 is yours in NO time. great job

Mr. Dead
11-19-08, 2:35 pm

What about pre-contest...? What will you be running, then...?

Rage
11-19-08, 2:43 pm
As always, amazing work brother.

Thanks bro..that was supposed to be Chest and Triceps..but I'm sure you figured that out..

ghost
11-19-08, 2:44 pm
Thanks bro..that was supposed to be Chest and Triceps..but I'm sure you figured that out..

Definitely brother!

Rage
11-19-08, 2:45 pm
Well dont just hit the PR's Shatter those bastards. today is legs so i have some i want to hit as well. even if it takes me all damn night.

Nice!

Rage
11-19-08, 2:46 pm
Almost breaking the 500 lbs barrier....man your legs are strong!! Keep up the good work and maybe someday my legs will get strong as yours!

Solid stack bro.....I need to get on that Test.....

You'll like that Test...good stuff..Thanks bro..

Rage
11-19-08, 3:04 pm
Y'know, I'm really beginning to loathe leg extensions <grin>. Those squats are amazing!

Remember they are a warm up...I tell people this all the time...you have to pace yourself through a leg routine. Going up on one exercise will effect the others. Use a medium weight with a progression on those extensions...I have a plate loaded Extension and I start with 70 lbs for 50, 105 for 40 and 140 for 30.

Thanks bro!

Rage
11-19-08, 3:10 pm
I used to hate leg ext too then I started doin Rage's 40/30/20 and as they became easier, I went heavier and started to really enjoy them as I became stronger. Lately, I have been hitting leg ext pretty hard too and Im feeling it really good...especially now that I kinda limited in my training for the time being...leg ext Ragin' style is def killer stuff.

Thank you Toni...just trying to help...how's that calf?

damn brotha we killd legs today.... nice work on the squats....495lbs ass to the floor.....

Thanks bro...we always kick ass on leg day..and we always have that trash can near by just in case...

Wow. Looking solid.

Thanks bro...how's your calf?

There it is…gone! The 500 marker will be tumbling very shortly. Great work Rage!

I'll wait till next year to push it up to 585 lbs..2 sets of 20 with 495 before then to make sure I have a good enough base to move up to 2 sets of 10 with 585.

500 is yours in NO time. great job

Thanks bro!

What about pre-contest...? What will you be running, then...?

I run the same thing but I up the Animal pak to two paks about half way through contest prep...then add in some cuts for a couple paks at the half way point as well...

Mr. Dead
11-19-08, 3:14 pm
I run the same thing but I up the Animal pak to two paks about half way through contest prep...then add in some cuts for a couple paks at the half way point as well...

Cool!!! I'm slowly edging my way towards cutting... Looking at Early-Mid January...

Rage
11-19-08, 3:18 pm
Cool!!! I'm slowly edging my way towards cutting... Looking at Early-Mid January...

I have a feeling your going to do better this time around..

Mr. Dead
11-19-08, 3:19 pm
I have a feeling your going to do better this time around..

That makes two of us... Especially, now that I've dealt with my doubts...

Rage
11-19-08, 6:50 pm
That makes two of us... Especially, now that I've dealt with my doubts...

We all doubt ourselves here and there..human nature..You have to reach deep in there sometimes to pull it off...That's why you are the athlete you are...

Rage
11-20-08, 2:23 pm
Talked with my trainer about wether to bump up on those squats once I hit 2 sets of 20 with 495...he wants the bump so now I will be starting with 585 for 2 sets of 10 at the beginning of the year...

SifuSteve and I talked at length the yesterday about when to go up. It's a combination of mind and body getting in sync to pull it off...I did this with bench this week. I had been using 315 for sets of 10-12 and then the morning before chest Monday, the number 335 popped in my mind and instantly I felt comfortable with bumping it up. I put it on the bar and barely squeeked off 2 sets of 10. It's a matter of acting without hesitation. When I bumped from 405 to 495 on squats I immediately ran into some problems moving that weight around comfortably...those of you who follow my journey know what those things were. Even some of my close friends thought that maybe I was too old, not ready for it, or maybe it was just too heavy for me....I wouldn't hear it...my mind already had made the connection with my body and the two were going to make it happen because I had the drive to make them work in concert....and they are now.

Mr. Dead
11-20-08, 2:40 pm
Talked with my trainer about wether to bump up on those squats once I hit 2 sets of 20 with 495...he wants the bump so now I will be starting with 585 for 2 sets of 10 at the beginning of the year...

SifuSteve and I talked at length the yesterday about when to go up. It's a combination of mind and body getting in sync to pull it off...I did this with bench this week. I had been using 315 for sets of 10-12 and then the morning before chest Monday, the number 335 popped in my mind and instantly I felt comfortable with bumping it up. I put it on the bar and barely squeeked off 2 sets of 10. It's a matter of acting without hesitation. When I bumped from 405 to 495 on squats I immediately ran into some problems moving that weight around comfortably...those of you who follow my journey know what those things were. Even some of my close friends thought that maybe I was too old, not ready for it, or maybe it was just too heavy for me....I wouldn't hear it...my mind already had made the connection with my body and the two were going to make it happen because I had the drive to make them work in concert....and they are now.

The mind+body connection is truly a powerful thing... You'll get that bump, no problem!!!

Hollow
11-20-08, 2:51 pm
The mind+body connection is truly a powerful thing... You'll get that bump, no problem!!!

X2!

Silencing the nay sayers!

JUGGERNAUT
11-20-08, 3:24 pm
RAGE,

SICKO weights you do man! Props.

Toni69
11-20-08, 6:07 pm

that's one hell of a post! and you bein too old??? who said that? i will kick their butts man! LOL

Rage, your amazing. Your whole approach and attitude toward lifting and the sport in itself leaves much to be admired and to me, your just IT...a very well rounded athlete with emotion that is the energy to motivate. We cannot ignore what we really want to create. We should be honest and do it the way we feel it needs to be done. What we owe to ourselves and everyone around is to examine the reasons of our true intent.

Deep stuff huh? LOL

Tempus
11-20-08, 7:10 pm
The only thing deep than his training philosophy is his squat depth.

DBOY
11-21-08, 12:27 am

brotha you handled that 335lbs with ease....and the squat was nothing for you...you can do more...dnt listen to the hater....your never to old to hit the number we hit!!!

Lunatic001
11-21-08, 11:30 am
Couldn't say it any better bro! Your words and work ethic is somethiing we all look up to (I do personally)! Stay on the grind and you will achieve anything! Keep up the good work, becuase I will catch up to you!

Rage
11-21-08, 3:16 pm
Shoulders and Biceps

2 x 10 Smith Press
2 x 10 DB Press
2 x 12's on Triple T's
1 x 20/15 Lying Bicep Curls (last set moved up to 200 lbs. (PR)
2 x 10 Preachers
2 x 10 Reverse Preachers
3 x 15 Standing wrist Curls
2 x 20 abs w/rope pull down.

All in all things went good. That routine just fries my shoulders and biceps!

Mr. Dead
11-21-08, 3:21 pm
Shoulders and Biceps

2 x 10 Smith Press
2 x 10 DB Press
2 x 12's on Triple T's
1 x 20/15 Lying Bicep Curls (last set moved up to 200 lbs. (PR)
2 x 10 Preachers
2 x 10 Reverse Preachers
3 x 15 Standing wrist Curls
2 x 20 abs w/rope pull down.

All in all things went good. That routine just fries my shoulders and biceps!

Strong stuff there!!! Congrats on the PR's!!!

Rage
11-21-08, 3:23 pm

X2!

Silencing the nay sayers!

RAGE,

SICKO weights you do man! Props.

Thanks Brothers..

Rage
11-21-08, 4:18 pm
that's one hell of a post! and you bein too old??? who said that? i will kick their butts man! LOL

Rage, your amazing. Your whole approach and attitude toward lifting and the sport in itself leaves much to be admired and to me, your just IT...a very well rounded athlete with emotion that is the energy to motivate. We cannot ignore what we really want to create. We should be honest and do it the way we feel it needs to be done. What we owe to ourselves and everyone around is to examine the reasons of our true intent.

Deep stuff huh? LOL

Indeed...I remember Machie putting a little differently than you or I..."If your balls aren't into it, get the fuck outta the gym"...Pretty much the same thing..

Rage
11-21-08, 4:19 pm
The only thing deep than his training philosophy is his squat depth.

Slightly above or at parellel...I don't want people blowing their knees out..

Rage
11-21-08, 4:21 pm
brotha you handled that 335lbs with ease....and the squat was nothing for you...you can do more...dnt listen to the hater....your never to old to hit the number we hit!!!

Couldn't say it any better bro! Your words and work ethic is somethiing we all look up to (I do personally)! Stay on the grind and you will achieve anything! Keep up the good work, becuase I will catch up to you!

Thanks for the encouragement you guys..

Lunatic you already passed me on a couple things...now I'm just tryin to keep up..

Rage
11-21-08, 4:22 pm
Strong stuff there!!! Congrats on the PR's!!!

And of all thing..biceps..ya just never know..

Rage
11-21-08, 4:24 pm
WTF...someone picked me up and moved me to contest journey...and I'm a heavy mother fucker...thought I would have felt that...

Little bit of a reality check...it's a while out there still but I will be there..

Lunatic001
11-21-08, 4:25 pm
Thanks for the encouragement you guys..

Lunatic you already passed me on a couple things...now I'm just tryin to keep up..

I still need a lot of dedication, heart and knowledge bro! Thanks for being our mentor!

Mr. Dead
11-21-08, 5:05 pm
WTF...someone picked me up and moved me to contest journey...and I'm a heavy mother fucker...thought I would have felt that...

Little bit of a reality check...it's a while out there still but I will be there..

*LMAO!!!* I bet you'll feel it when this gets pinned...

Rage
11-21-08, 7:35 pm
I still need a lot of dedication, heart and knowledge bro! Thanks for being our mentor!

The way your training is going bro...your doin just fine..

*LMAO!!!* I bet you'll feel it when this gets pinned...

LOL...top 5 baby...mother fuckin top 5...I need that...I'm breathing it...mind and body...gotta make it happen...

Tempus
11-21-08, 9:01 pm

And we'll be here to keep you honest and motivated. I'm already picturing the SoCal ABC pose off in April.

DBOY
11-22-08, 12:22 am
damn brotha...sick ass back and trap workout today....my traps are gana be pissd in the morning...