PDA

View Full Version : The Anarchy Within a Stonic Warrior.

RedLegCulbe
08-02-08, 4:19 am
Thoughts and feelings go here sounds good. I can do that, I think. My first thought is going to have to be one on lazyness. As contradictory as it seems to me to talk about lazyness, knowing that I myself used to be lazy, I just can't understand it anymore. My roommates in this lovely little place that is Iraq are what I strive not to be. They try to get me to sit and watch movies or hangout and play games, yet I get the feeling that they are discontent with what they are and are nothing more than wanting what I have worked so damn hard for. I'm far from perfect, and doubt that I will ever be perfect in my own eyes, but I'm trying... Trying to better myself and my health, trying to get stronger and make a name for myself, trying to make my family proud, and even more important I'm trying to show myself that I can do it even with all the odds stacked up against me. The other guys try to take that away from me and they try to sway me without standing in the way, but what they don't know is that the more they push the more I want to go and work the filth that I see in them out of myself. I am not really sure where this thought will take me in the futer but it comes up everyday at least once so keep watching for a follow on to this post.

RedLegCulbe
08-22-08, 3:03 am
This is my latest thought that I have been stewing over for the last several days. So I read Body building magazines without remorse. every article every page. Part of it is that I dont have a computer right now and I have to use my room mates when he is gone to get online, and part is my personal quest for knowledge.... with that said how much of this knowledge that I am putting into my thick skull is rubish and how much is gold? I trust and know of a few great reads and have a feeling that some others are not the best because of some of the articles that they have printed. Mens Health, Muscle Fitness, and mags of the like are for good reads. They prove it left and right by just sheer numbers of readers that have seen results. But others like Planet Muscle make me weiry I don't know If i can trust them and the information that they put out. Any Advice in this area would be most apreciated.

Themostocles
08-22-08, 6:59 am
As for the magazines and the like, remember if it is too good to be true it probably is. This is a relatively simple game, and the rules really don't change. There is never going to be a revolutionary idea or technique that allows you to gain muscle with ease. There are alot of training stylees and ideas taht work for different people. If it looks interesting try it, see how you like it. I don't read any of the mags to be honest, they push the same thing over and over. Use common sense to filter out the garbage. -T.

RedLegCulbe
11-09-09, 12:48 pm
Have you ever had one of those days where everything that you say and do seems to get turned over on you? I can honestly say that my last few months I have been doing this to myself. I don't know how I fell so far off, and so far away from my goals. Now it’s time for damage control and accountability. I need to gather up the pieces of my routine and motivation and regroup them. Building them slowly back into a figment of what they used to be, and eventually surpassing the level that they were to what I want, no, need to be. It’s going to be a long road and my support system is gone, then again maybe that is all the support that I need. Man, life's a bitch sometimes.