PDA

View Full Version : Cooked ur uncooked measurements

thedrivenone
08-04-08, 4:36 pm
When you see 6oz of Chicken is about 280 calories, 43g protein is that raw or cooked?

Brick By Brick
08-04-08, 5:14 pm
I'm not sure, but I think it's the same either way. I wouldn't try eating chicken raw.

basketcase
08-04-08, 6:07 pm
I weigh my beef raw in 4oz patties, but cook my chicken, cube it up and weigh it out then.

I wondered the same thing, if servings should be pre or post cooking weight.

Pizzalamp
08-04-08, 6:13 pm
When you see 6oz of Chicken is about 280 calories, 43g protein is that raw or cooked?

cooked my friend, cooked!

prowrestler
08-04-08, 10:27 pm

raw

Maccabee
08-04-08, 10:57 pm
cooked my friend, cooked!

raw

WELL which one is it???????

thedrivenone
08-04-08, 11:13 pm
Anyone else?

Tough question.

Mizzarler
08-05-08, 2:39 am
not sure but you have to cook it so it really doesnt matter, I just go ahead and use what it says raw but thats just me...

SA-Hulk
08-05-08, 3:52 am
Once its cooked you only loose water and fat content - protein level should remain the same.
So i guess with less fat the calorie content will drop, but not in a bad way.
hope that helps...

simpleguy
08-05-08, 11:20 am
nobody here said eating raw meat... just that for instance I buy my chicken breast in portioned size (like 500g for instance)

when cooked the water is lost so of course 1oz of cooked chicken has more protein then the raw 1oz...

usually 1oz of cooked chicken breast has roughly 8g of protein

and 1oz of raw chicken breast has about 6-6.5g of protein

krazyassmexican
08-05-08, 11:21 am
weight your meats after you cook them

ChandlerXJ
08-05-08, 11:29 am
I know that there is about 8.5 g of protein per ounce of chicken COOKED, so I just take what I need, diivide it, weigh it, done... about 5 ounces of chicken per meal COOKED does the trick. When your fats are high, aminos are high, mroe than 1.5 g protein is over kill unless your diet plan calls for more.

Maccabee
08-05-08, 11:40 am
I know that there is about 8.5 g of protein per ounce of chicken COOKED, so I just take what I need, diivide it, weigh it, done... about 5 ounces of chicken per meal COOKED does the trick. When your fats are high, aminos are high, mroe than 1.5 g protein is over kill unless your diet plan calls for more.

what about beef bro? How much protein is there in beef per ounce. Wow I never realized how much protein I have been taking until you posted that. Damn!

ChandlerXJ
08-05-08, 12:34 pm
Its not an exact science, but its about as close as your gonna get.

(Protein per oz = after the meat has been cooked)

Chicken = 8.5g protein per oz.

Turkey (97-99% lean ground) = 9g protein per oz.

Sirloin/beef (extra lean ground) = 8.5g protein per oz.

Tilapia = 7g protein per oz.

Salmon = 7g protein per oz.

Can Tuna = 13g protein per 2 oz. drained

Lean Steak = 8.5g protein per oz.

Egg-White = 3.5g protein

Whole Egg = 6g protein

davidr
08-05-08, 1:17 pm
Any kind of meat the weight is the raw version. When you cook it the weight changes but not the calories and protein. Weigh it raw and when u cook it you get the raw amount

bigrhino
08-05-08, 2:43 pm
Wow. Look at the label. If it says 200 cals for 6oz raw, then it will still be 200cals when it is cooked. But it will weigh less.

Gunz1
08-05-08, 3:02 pm

everything is measured cooked my man..

pmug0000
08-05-08, 5:31 pm
The weight, calories and fat on meat labels are from RAW meat.
As people have said, when meat cooks it loses water, so the cooked meat weighs less then the raw meat.
Also, some of the fat comes off of meat when it cooks - this is why you can drain some fat from ground beef after it cooks, not when it is raw. So there will also be less calories after the meat is cooked, depending on how much fat cooks off.
And the fat on chicken labels includes skin. If you take the skin off your chicken the fat content is much less.

houseofpain
08-05-08, 6:12 pm
better question

who cares? Just eat a shit load of chicken and steak and you'll be fine

pmug0000
08-05-08, 6:20 pm
better question

who cares? Just eat a shit load of chicken and steak and you'll be fine

Some people care about portion sizes and the ratio of calories in what they're eating.

basketcase
08-05-08, 6:29 pm
Some people care about portion sizes and the ratio of calories in what they're eating.

I was going to say, more relevant when someone is cutting.

AFTazz06
08-13-08, 3:38 pm

That's gotta be raw, cause meat tends to shrink after cooking it. If you weigh it after cooking you might end up eating more then you should just to make up the amount you need to be eating. weigh meat raw.

J Wong
08-07-09, 2:29 pm
Sorry to bump the old thread but I was wondering something about this....

What does a 1/3 of dry rice amount to after being cooked?

RighteousDude
08-07-09, 2:41 pm
I think the amount of cooked rice is double that of dry. At least its what i was told and it seems to measure out right. I use 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water when cooking.

Peace.

barbell
08-09-09, 2:21 am
From what I've read on Ox's thread, weigh your meat cooked.

OPSNORM
08-10-09, 9:57 am
i am doing the team red cut i am vaing more issues with the rice part since i use a rice cooker and cook in bulk. dont know y but it just confusses me

jesse45690
08-10-09, 10:23 am
I think it depends on the type of meat your cooking. I know that that when turkey is cooked, some how it actually has less protein then when it was raw. Maybe some of that fat had protein in it or something I don't know. But I would say your best bet it to weigh it after it is cooked, I think that will leave you with the more accurate results.