PDA

View Full Version : 10 best foods for slamming on mass???

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 8:38 pm
I want to see what all the big guys are saying. this is how mine play out, if you have any extra ideas send em my way i need em

1. Ground beef
2. Chicken
3. Steak
4. Red potatoes
5. Eggs
6. Oatmeal
7. Fish
8. Nuts
9. rice
10. Im Runnin out of stuff. I NEED HELLLLP

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 8:45 pm
IMO chicken isnt gonna help put on much mass..... i think its better for cutting than bulking

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 8:50 pm
still need the sorce of protein right???

Pizzalamp
08-10-08, 8:54 pm
pasta my man!

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 8:56 pm
still need the sorce of protein right???

yeah, im not saying it shouldnt be used, its a great source of lean protein... I just prefer beef and occasionally pork...

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 8:59 pm
got cha thank you, PASTA I $GOT PASTA DAMNIT good one

JimmyZ
08-10-08, 9:01 pm
Yams or white pot's post w/o

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 9:06 pm
thanks bro keep em comming

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 9:07 pm
MILK!!!

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 9:10 pm
milk huh??? sounds good. by the way I have my diet down and everything I need to make the food i just started stocking up. in 6'1 218 and I wanna make a push to 230 or more.

Fury317
08-10-08, 9:10 pm
I want to see what all the big guys are saying. this is how mine play out, if you have any extra ideas send em my way i need em

1. Ground beef
2. Chicken
3. Steak
4. Red potatoes
5. Eggs
6. Oatmeal
7. Fish
8. Nuts
9. rice

Whats up bro, here's how I would revise/add to your list

1. Steak
2. Ground beef
3. Yams/sweet potato
4. White potatos
5. Eggs
6. Oatmeal
7. Real gains!
8. Milk
9. CHEAT MEALS!!!!!!
10. pasta
11. bagels
12. chicken or fish <-- gotta put this at the end my man! its too lean! haha

eat your six main meals, but I think the key to pounding on mass is actually eating between those meal. Go ahead and pound some snack bro! if youre putting on mass, you know the fun fat is coming so eat a burger or grab some pizza or ben and jerrys. or if you want to clean cheat, make up some G Diesel pancakes for in between meals, or smash like 3 bananas or oranges

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 9:13 pm
milk huh??? sounds good. by the way I have my diet down and everything I need to make the food i just started stocking up. in 6'1 218 and I wanna make a push to 230 or more.

yes milk! some people drink several gallons a week.. all the extra cals, good source of protein, carbs, fat unless you go skim.. milk and 20 rep squats is supposed to help back on some mass..

calcaneous
08-10-08, 9:19 pm
cook with some EVOO. some nice healthy fats for ya.

nrk5014
08-10-08, 9:19 pm
1. Beef
2. Oats
3. Potatoes (Both Varieties)
4. Rice (Rice is rice imo)
5. Eggs
6. Peanut Butter
7. Milk
8. Pasta
9. Most types of Protein bars eaten in excess...especially clif bars...mmmm
10. Cheats

Cellerator65
08-10-08, 9:20 pm
Burritos, for your cheat meal.... mmmm steak, rice, beans, cheese

krazyassmexican
08-10-08, 9:48 pm
cook with some EVOO. some nice healthy fats for ya.

no offense but this is some horrible advice, you should never cook with evoo, evoo is great for mass but come on eat it from the spoon

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 9:50 pm
no offense but this is some horrible advice, you should never cook with evoo, evoo is great for mass but come on eat it from the spoon

cmon Will be a real mexiCAN and drink it from the bottle......

Pizzalamp
08-10-08, 9:51 pm
i enjoy evoo drizzled on my salad medley

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 9:52 pm

that is very tasty!

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 9:55 pm
yall are fuckn crazy hahaha. thans to everyone for the help

Pizzalamp
08-10-08, 10:02 pm
yall are fuckn crazy hahaha. thans to everyone for the help

when i was at pi for boot camp i loved the chow hall food-the pasta was great

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 10:05 pm
that it was. I was the guide so at the end I would tell the di's I was going to grad practice and go to diff chow halls in diff batalions. lol

calcaneous
08-10-08, 10:12 pm

i dont really see how its horrible advice, my grandma's been cooking with it since she was a child from back in the day.

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 10:13 pm
i dont really see how its horrible advice, my grandma's been cooking with it since she was a child from back in the day.

the fat can burn out i believe....

MojoMike36
08-10-08, 10:24 pm
-Nanners with Oil
-Whey oatmeal
-Broccoli with every meal
-Mah's MEATLOAF (that stuff makes me gain like a balloon)

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 10:35 pm
meat loaf, good call

MojoMike36
08-10-08, 10:37 pm
I guess technically it could be under ground beer.

But meatloaf is just so much greasy, oily, and fattier. Its probably my favorite bulk food right behind Chicken Parm.

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 10:43 pm
love chicken parm and pasta...

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 10:44 pm
love chicken parm and pasta...

OOOO YEAH!!!

MojoMike36
08-10-08, 10:49 pm
I'm getting so hungry now finally. I was slammin down tuna earlier and getting so close to puking off my porch.

Chicken Parm sounds so delicious right now but I gotta call a girl to set up a date for Pineapple Express

Need chicken parm
Should I eat food while on the phone?

Carpe Diem P.T
08-10-08, 10:53 pm
I'm getting so hungry now finally. I was slammin down tuna earlier and getting so close to puking off my porch.

Chicken Parm sounds so delicious right now but I gotta call a girl to set up a date for Pineapple Express

Need chicken parm
Should I eat food while on the phone?

what do you think?

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 10:55 pm
fuck it!!!!!!! No BALLS lol

Carpe Diem P.T
08-10-08, 10:59 pm
speakin of balls -

Meatballs
Chicken sandwhiches w/cheese
Protein shakes w/banana, yoghurt, cottage cheese, egg whites and oats.
baked potato w/cheese and ground beef

USMC PITBULL
08-10-08, 11:06 pm
holy shit where did that come from.haha

freebird6078
08-10-08, 11:16 pm
-cottage cheese
-peanut butter

or mix both together before bed, keep ya growin all night

mikejones1
08-10-08, 11:33 pm
real gains

krazyassmexican
08-10-08, 11:36 pm

the fat can burn out i believe....

the fat in EVOO is just amazing and real healthy, but once you cook it you'll turn it into trans fats

shit, i love my heart so much to be killin it like that

BigAnt
08-10-08, 11:36 pm
whole eggs-egg whites (try a 50/50 split) and low fat dairy products
lean grd beef/steak
chicken
salmon-fish
protein-shakes
pasta-grains
fruit
potatos
rice
peanut butter-avacados-good fats- flax oil

*We gotta think about health also, do we want high blood pressure, heart disease & cholesterol....Eat MORE of the good foods, don't be afraid to have a good cheat meal every once in a while. Training also--basic compound lifts, don't over train or due tons of cardio...

And the important one---drink water, half your body weigth in ounces....

Maybe play around with your macros. Try a higher carb than protein for bulk...what I do...700-800 daily grams of carbs...and a lower protein amount 350-400--Again just me in the off season....

barischeg
08-11-08, 1:16 am
steak and eggs....

prowrestler
08-11-08, 1:19 am

guys, what the fuck is evoo???

SQUAT or DIE!
08-11-08, 1:22 am
guys, what the fuck is evoo???

extra virgin olive oil....

watch a lil fuckin rachel ray! LOL

big bear
08-11-08, 3:06 am
IMO- in no particular order

1. steak
2. whole rottesirie chickens for dinner (spelling?)
3. oats mixed with pb
4. potatoes, any type
5. cheat meals- chipotle my fav, or a meat lovers pizza with extra cheese
6. milk, i sometimes add cream to it
7. homemade weight gaining shakes
8. protein bars throughout the day for snacks
9. lots of eggs, mixed with cheese sometimes
10. lots of fruit and vegatables- made my greatest gains when i started throwing in alot of these

ForearmFreak
08-11-08, 3:09 am
mmmmm my favorite mass meal, 8oz of 80/20 or 90/10 ground beef (which ever you can afford) 2 cups of BARILLA pasta (its a whole wheat pasta with 17g of protein perserving!!) Traditional Prego tomato sauce and parm cheese to top it off.....wwooowwwwwwww i'm getting hungry just thinkin about it.

Roland
08-11-08, 4:11 am
anabolic sandwiches.

calcaneous
08-11-08, 2:19 pm
the fat in EVOO is just amazing and real healthy, but once you cook it you'll turn it into trans fats

shit, i love my heart so much to be killin it like that

i dont buy it. i even called my relatives and asked about this. im going to trust my family on this one, because they have been cooking Italian food for many and many of years.

krazyassmexican
08-11-08, 2:22 pm
i dont buy it. i even called my relatives and asked about this. im going to trust my family on this one, because they have been cooking Italian food for many and many of years.

Dont buy it, but people like DAVE PALUMBO, EVAN CENTOPANI, simpleguy, chandler, pizzalamp, guy cisternino, PJ braun, toney freeman etc etc would tell you the same

there's a big difference between sports nutrition and regular nutrition

only a bodybuilding related person would worry about "healthy fats, bf %, etc etc"

calcaneous
08-11-08, 2:34 pm
Dont buy it, but people like DAVE PALUMBO, EVAN CENTOPANI, simpleguy, chandler, pizzalamp, guy cisternino, PJ braun, toney freeman etc etc would tell you the same

there's a big difference between sports nutrition and regular nutrition

only a bodybuilding related person would worry about "healthy fats, bf %, etc etc"

have you ever been to italy? everything there is ether cooked, baked, fried, or sauteed in olive oil. sorry, but seeing how they are the second longest living people (after Japan) i doubt they eat that un-healthy.

SQUAT or DIE!
08-11-08, 2:35 pm
have you ever been to italy? everything there is ether cooked, baked, fried, or sauteed in olive oil. sorry, but seeing how they are the second longest living people (after Japan) i doubt they eat that un-healthy.

IMO its not unhealthy

its just not the healthiest way for a BB.. Plus all the red wine italians drink is good for you...

krazyassmexican
08-11-08, 2:38 pm

dave palumbo and evan centopani are italian i believe guy is italian too
is it me or you just changed your opinion

first you said extra virgin olive oil
and now you said olive oil

have you ever heard about eating clean?
how would you eat clean with fried foods and/or trans fats

calcaneous
08-11-08, 3:27 pm
dave palumbo and evan centopani are italian i believe guy is italian too
is it me or you just changed your opinion

first you said extra virgin olive oil
and now you said olive oil

have you ever heard about eating clean?
how would you eat clean with fried foods and/or trans fats

i meant EVoo. typo on my be-half.

and yes, i have heard about eating clean. i did follow ox's diet but i got tired of it. I'm too young to limit what i can and cant eat to lose some bodyfat, id rather just have fun while im young and able to, without having a family or a shit load of bills to weigh myself down.

i do respect your opinions on nutrition, so dont think im bashing you in anyway. im not going to post anymore here, because i feel like our "debating" really isnt going anywhere, we are brothers of the iron, so ill take your advice about not cooking with EVOO.

Universal Rep
08-11-08, 3:27 pm
Fast food. There I said it.

krazyassmexican
08-11-08, 3:30 pm

my mentor, my example and the only person i listen when it comes to diet and training, says mc donalds is freakin anabolic!

dave tate and the westside barbell guys hit prs thanks to oreo supplementation

damn, too bad that carbs kill me in a heart beat

Universal Rep
08-11-08, 3:31 pm
my mentor, my example and the only person i listen when it comes to diet and training, says mc donalds is freakin anabolic!

dave tate and the westside barbell guys hit prs thanks to oreo supplementation

damn, too bad that carbs kill me in a heart beat

Clean bulk this, clean bulk that. There's a time a place for that. But for some fellas, it's all about the cals, plain and simple. Ain't no easier and cheaper way to add cals than fast food. And tasty too. Not suggesting you eat all your meals this way, but throw this in every now and then and watch out. You do a clean bulk and it's a chore. You get off cuz you get tired of it. End result? Failure.

krazyassmexican
08-11-08, 3:32 pm
Clean bulk this, clean bulk that. There's a time a place for that. But for some fellas, it's all about the cals, plain and simple. Ain't no easier and cheaper way to add cals than fast food. And tasty too. Not suggesting you eat all your meals this way, but throw this in every now and then and watch out. You do a clean bulk and it's a chore. You get off cuz you get tired of it. End result? Failure.

true that

Universal Rep
08-11-08, 3:33 pm
true that

Can't gain if ya don't eat.

Big Wides
08-11-08, 3:36 pm
My Top 10:

1. Beef
2. Taters
3. Pop-Tarts
4. Milk
5. Eggs
6. Ice Cream (if it has nuts in it a double bonus)
7. Chicken
8. Pork
9. Any type of Italian food
10. Sandwhiches

krazyassmexican
08-11-08, 3:39 pm
potatoes
eggs
chicken
beef
extra virgin olive oil (dont cook with it)
natural peanut butter
almond butter
cashews
almonds
mac nut oil (you can actually cook with this)

whey isolate, rolled oats, a table spoon or two of mac nut oil, best gainer ever

Gunz1
08-11-08, 3:40 pm

1. Ground beef
2. Chicken
3. Steak
4. Red potatoes
5. Eggs
6. Oatmeal
7. Fish
8. Nuts
9. rice

so many foods to pak it on bro other than the ones you mentioned.. i think we gotta make a top 20 list... i think you gotta add in a few of these

peanut butter
nuts
sweet potatoes
whey protein
cassein protein
cottage cheese
ground turkey
reg turkey
beans
fish

the list is endless my man.. good thread tho.. maybe some newbies will take a look and take note...

Mr. Aestheticz
08-11-08, 3:57 pm
Real Gains and Pop Tarts....mmmmhhwwwaaahhhhhaaahhha (my evil laugh lol).....>)

Chocolate ice cream real gains w/ smores pop tarts yummy!

Mr. Aestheticz
08-11-08, 3:59 pm
Real Gains and Pop Tarts....mmmmhhwwwaaahhhhhaaahhha (my evil laugh lol).....>)

Chocolate ice cream real gains w/ smores pop tarts yummy!

Cherry torrent w/ cherry pop-tarts, that will def pack on some size and hit that sweet tooth.....>)

adidas
08-11-08, 5:38 pm
my top 10
1: whole eggs
2: liver (beef, chicken, lamb...doesn't matter)
3: ground lamb
4: ground chuck 80/20...fuck the rest...lean is for pussies!
5: steaks; the more marbled the better
6: avocado's!
7: coconut oil
8: heavy whipping cream
9: banana's
10: honey/molasses

of course get plenty of veggies too!

Android
08-11-08, 5:42 pm
I made a topic about it earlier, Corned beef. 25grams of protein, 250cals, 15grams of fat per 100 gram serving. Solid mass gaining food.

hatebreedXXX69
08-12-08, 3:49 am
right so best foods for mass??for bulking up yeah?ok here goes

bread
pasta
rice
cheese
peanut butter
meat (beef, pork, sausages, chicken, turkey)
mc donalds
kebabs
chocolate(i love snickers and kit kats)
cereals(like cocopops, sugarpuffs etc...)
protein shakes
Bananas

Thats just what works for me.

hatebreedXXX69
08-12-08, 3:56 am
also chinese food especially the all you can eat buffets. I love those, i always go for 4-6 plates crammed full of noodles and all the different types of meat i can see and then for desert i get 6 bowls of ice cream and a couple of peanut toffee glazed cakes..yum yum

Histo55
08-16-08, 1:51 pm
steak, chicken, eggs, peanut butter, oatmeal, steak, chicken, eggs, peanut butter, oatmeal......oh ya, more oatmeal and steak and eggs

Blunos
08-16-08, 5:45 pm
Whole Omega eggs, Potatos, Lean ground beef.....yum yum yum !

mcbeast
08-16-08, 5:56 pm
If i decided to do it somewhat dirty? (my plan is lean gain,keep fat levels low considering after basic training ill be 9-10% or so)

Box of oreos-One sitting
Gallon of milk a day
Yams,Yams,More Yams
Mac n Cheese w/can of tuna
Reeses followed with protein shake
Chicken Pizza
Chocolate Milk
Chinese Buffet
Poptarts.Am w/breakfast & Pre+Post workout

For the healthier side
2cups brown rice+4egg whites+can tuna w/bbq sauce or ketchup

Also,that tub of peanut butter? Should be gone in 2-3 days.Always chase it with milk!

simpleguy
08-17-08, 6:15 am
protein: eggs, whey, steak

carbs: potatoes, rice, oats

fats: evoo, almonds, mac nut oil

WeeMan
08-17-08, 7:29 am
whole milk ,you'l get about 35g of protein in a litre of full fat milk
ham (bacon, gammon), the same amount of protein in 5 slices of deli ham
eggs
beef, any kind of beef
potatoes
rice
whole grain, or wheat cereals (i eat 6 wheetabix for breakfast 17g Protein, 100g of Carbs and only 6g of Sugar)
beans
oily fish
bagels

mcbeast
08-17-08, 8:38 am
protein: eggs, whey, steak

carbs: potatoes, rice, oats

fats: evoo, almonds, mac nut oil

BORING!

A gallon of milk (any kind) added to your daily bulking diet will help you pack on the mass for sure.I normally stick with 1%.Heres the fats
Protein:128
Fats:40
Carbs:208
Sugars:192
Fat 20.5%
Carbs 47.3%
Protein 32.7%

Yes.Lots of sugar i will agree,but compensate and eat less sugars throughout the day with other foods.Get fancy with this,throw in a scoop of whey,some glutamine,creatine,maybe some hersheys syrup.

simpleguy
08-17-08, 9:08 am
BORING!

A gallon of milk (any kind) added to your daily bulking diet will help you pack on the mass for sure.I normally stick with 1%.Heres the fats
Protein:128
Fats:40
Carbs:208
Sugars:192
Fat 20.5%
Carbs 47.3%
Protein 32.7%

Yes.Lots of sugar i will agree,but compensate and eat less sugars throughout the day with other foods.Get fancy with this,throw in a scoop of whey,some glutamine,creatine,maybe some hersheys syrup.

no actually I like (and use) milk... as you see, I've only mentioned 9 foods so maybe milk was the magic 10... as you though, I prefer skim or 1%

no offense Weeman, but when drinking say half a gallon of whole milk a day, you're getting too much fat... just my opinion

WeeMan
08-17-08, 9:36 am
no offense Weeman, but when drinking say half a gallon of whole milk a day, you're getting too much fat... just my opinion

not bothered about fat, i burn it off
anyway a litre is like less than quarter of a gallon.

Pizzalamp
08-17-08, 9:51 am
not bothered about fat, i burn it off
anyway a litre is like less than quarter of a gallon.

oh hell yeah

mcbeast
08-17-08, 10:18 am
When i bulk gallon every 2 days boys.Ontop of 6 high protein/fats low carb meals.

TheBassGuy
08-17-08, 9:10 pm

Twice a week man.

Giant Killer
08-17-08, 9:24 pm

Booya! Make the scale move.

***WTM***
08-27-08, 9:46 am
Red Beans and Rice with some chicken and sausage thrown in.

Pretty much the complete meal and just about the tastiest meal ever as well.

Feel The Power
08-27-08, 9:56 am
Lasagna, stuffed shells, spaghetti, bean burritos, burgers, steak, subs, rice, oats, potatoes, protein shakes, peanut butter sandwiches, pancakes, eggs, milk, cheap frozen pizzas..

those are a few things that come to mind.. some are clean and some are for cheating..

The Prodigy
08-27-08, 12:23 pm
pb and j !!!!!!! you cant forget that one

Naturally Huge
08-27-08, 4:48 pm
Eggs
Beef
Poultry
Raw Whole Milk
Cottage Cheese
Oats
Potatoes
Rice
Natural Peanut Butter
Udo's oil

ct italian 1
08-27-08, 4:53 pm
Lean steak (london broil, eye of the round, etc)
93% lean ground beef
potatos (both sweet & white)
rice (brown & white)
whole wheat pasta
whole wheat bread
natty pb
visit to a local chinese buffet at least once/week haha

prowrestler
08-27-08, 8:34 pm
rice
rice
rice

so cheap and high quality calories and pretty dense. 1 cup is like 700 calories. (dry)

can go with anymeal, my favorite is to put italian salad dressing on top of it and a bit of franks red hot sauce. have that beside 1 cup of beef or chicken.mmm!

with every meal, add 4 servings of olive oil. umless its pre or post workout meals.

also, chciken drumsticks. they are dirt cheap and you can easily pack in the protien fast and for cheap. its retarded,54 grams of protein per buck when bought in a big size. like 25 of them.

ROC1291
08-27-08, 8:47 pm
Clean Bulks and Strict Regimens are hard on true bulks... but its the only way if you want to stay lean. There's too much hard work to be done if you're gonna load up on fast food this and oreos that.

If you want your cheat meals or wanna eat dirty, go with Wraths Meal Plan for the off season.

Brother had two cheat meals a day for 2000 kcals but kept the rest clean. There you go...

As for ten best foods for mass? Quality mass?

Here's my opinion

Eggs
Ground Beef
Potatoes
Oats
Whole Milk
Peanut Butter
Chicken
Rice
Pasta
Cheat Meals

Renji007
08-27-08, 10:23 pm
Real Gains.

Hard Fast.

Subway.

Chicken, Fish.

Peanut Butter.

Pasta.

Rice.

Cinnamon Rolls!!!!!!!

Renji007
08-27-08, 10:24 pm
The Rest Just Keep It Clean.

Imran
09-09-08, 5:14 pm
Yeah that's all you need to put mass on. You can add whole meal bread or pitta bread. In addition to this add loads of vegetables and fruits. They are good sources of carbs. You need loads of carbs everyday along with protien to put mass. On my training days I eat 10 meals in a day with all that you specified. And one last thing eat whole eggs forget about whites.
So key to gaining mass is everything in your list and on top of that 24/7, 365 days consistency. Remember somebody said to me bodybuilding is eating consistently, training consistently and rest/sleep and doing that cycle over and over again.

Thanks

Naturally Huge
09-11-08, 6:28 pm
Crisco
Egg yolks
Beef fat
Cheese Curd
Cream
Lukanka (Bulgarian sausage)
Grease from cooked Lukanka
Package of Twinkies with a chocolate milk chaser
KFC fried crispy chicken without the meat
Alfredo sauce ingested with a beer bong

WeeMan
09-11-08, 6:36 pm
whats crisco?

Rubicon
09-11-08, 7:11 pm
Eggs
Milk
Beef
Bison
Chicken
Peanut Butter
Oats
Brown Rice
Whole wheat pasta
Assortment of healthy nuts

GJN5002
10-01-08, 3:01 pm
Crisco
Egg yolks
Beef fat
Cheese Curd
Cream
Lukanka (Bulgarian sausage)
Grease from cooked Lukanka
Package of Twinkies with a chocolate milk chaser
KFC fried crispy chicken without the meat
Alfredo sauce ingested with a beer bong

ive read about that, isnt it called the death diet?

TheBassGuy
10-01-08, 3:50 pm
whats crisco?

shortening made from vegetable oil.

v8ftmfw
10-01-08, 6:04 pm
Go to vietnamese super market or chinese super market, buy a bag of rice, it cost about 20 buck, and it should last you about 1 month, those are sticky white rice, and it help me put on some weight, by the way make sure you see this name on the bag ( gao ) that mean rice. I can show you how to cook it, how to make it dry and sticky, ( if it too wet and sticky, that not right way to cook ), my family eat this every day, cause we asian. my american friend married a chinese bitch ( i call her that because she a racist to asian peoples, even though she asian ) any way, he a body builder and he say the rice that his wife cook at home, help him put some lean mass. and help him full, you can eat that rice with steak, fish, anything. its had no tasted, so make sure you add some your favore flavor. I been eat it all my life and I cant even eat it without add some fish sause on it.

futurefreak101
10-07-08, 7:30 pm
ehhh i despise grilled chicken..i hate the smell the taste and the freakin texture..when im bulking...hahah actually i been bulking for the past 3 years....honestly i just eat everything in site...except cookies..cakes..yada yada...i use brown rice..oatmeal..for my carbs ..bananas...

Nucleus
10-08-08, 3:31 pm
Some "Thots"

I recommend staying healthy even on a Bulking cycle... Fats are the most calorie dense but slow digestion, so consider timing your fattier meals before times when you have to go longer without eating.

Two worthwhile fats I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Flax Oil: -I like Barleans brand It has about 11 times the (Essential Fatty Acid) EFA content of Olive Oil, so it helps keep you lean and reduce inflammation. The ligand content helps hormone regulation.
DO NOT heat this oil, very sensitive EFA's will get oxidized. Great for salad dressing, drizzing on all your food.

Coconut Oil: This oil is about 60 percent MCT's and 98-100% saturated so it is stable for cooking, reportedly is good for your metabolism. Add to everything you heat up...

LegendKillerJosh
10-20-08, 12:23 pm
Some of my favorites: (keep in mind these are for BULKING, some are very dirty)

BREAKFAST:
SKillet made with whole eggs, diced potatoes, sausage, peppers and onions
Sandwich with eggs, cheese and bacon on a bagel

LUNCH:
Fat sub with as many different meats, cheese, veggies and dressings possible
Cheeseburgers with lean ground beef cooked on Foreman grill

DINNER:
Pasta with extra meat sauce
Steak and potatoes
Pork tenderloin and some kind of carb source

OTHER:
Vanilla Real Gains with oats, peanut butter and a banana blended in
Good snacks like mixed nuts, beef jerky, fruits and veggies

Now as for my top 10 mass building foods: (in no particular order)

1. steak
2. eggs
3. potatoes/yams
4. rice
5. fish
6. nuts
7. fruits/veggies
8. oats
9. dairy including milk, cheese and yogurt
10. weight gainers/protien shakes

CreatineSteve
10-21-08, 2:50 am
time to switch up my diet too, been doin a extreme clean bulk wit chicken etc.
time to add the beef!

sanga
10-21-08, 6:02 am
1/ beef
2/ potatos
3/ oats
4/ real gains
5/ whole milk
6/ beef
7/ potatos
8/ oats
9/ real gains
10/ whole milk

On Letting Go
10-21-08, 7:04 am
Beef
Chicken
Oats
Rice
Potatoes
Natty PB
Almonds
Cheat meals

redskin 344
11-01-08, 8:41 pm
IMO fish should be #1. It is very rich in protein and dont get me started on the fat... we all know fish oil is the closest food substance to a miracle.

and fish has little or no saturated fats.

bloodsimple1234
11-02-08, 2:43 pm
the more research I do on fish and fish oil the more I am amazed at it.Fish is indeed incredible.There are so many different kinds too and different ways you can prepare there is no exuse not to have fish!!!

redskin 344
11-09-08, 1:57 pm
yes milk! some people drink several gallons a week.. all the extra cals, good source of protein, carbs, fat unless you go skim.. milk and 20 rep squats is supposed to help back on some mass..

Wait how is milk a good source of fat?? I keep hearing that people drink whole milk to pack on mass and so do I.. but most of the fat in milk is saturated fat.. and thats bad right?

Also Im confused on how people say butter is bad when it contains little saturated fat..?

confusion

simpleguy
11-09-08, 3:42 pm
Wait how is milk a good source of fat?? I keep hearing that people drink whole milk to pack on mass and so do I.. but most of the fat in milk is saturated fat.. and thats bad right?

Also Im confused on how people say butter is bad when it contains little saturated fat..?

confusion

milk is not a good source of fat, unless you go with raw milk (and even then it's not a great source of fat)... it's also a poor choice of carbs, although lactose is not the same as sugar, let's just say you'd rather get your carbs from oats

all in all, this is just relative, what I'm trying to say is that milk is not like the miracle for gaining mass, it's a great protein source but it also has its cons, such as the lactose in it

I drink 1/4 liter of milk a day and to tell you the truth if I were a hardgainer I'd drink maybe even a gallon per day

and btw, as far as I know, butter is pretty high in saturated fat

redskin 344
11-09-08, 4:39 pm
milk is not a good source of fat, unless you go with raw milk (and even then it's not a great source of fat)... it's also a poor choice of carbs, although lactose is not the same as sugar, let's just say you'd rather get your carbs from oats

all in all, this is just relative, what I'm trying to say is that milk is not like the miracle for gaining mass, it's a great protein source but it also has its cons, such as the lactose in it

I drink 1/4 liter of milk a day and to tell you the truth if I were a hardgainer I'd drink maybe even a gallon per day

and btw, as far as I know, butter is pretty high in saturated fat

yea thats what people do with milk. They do a squat+milk kind of thing and they say that they achieve great gains. They drink a gallon of milk a day.

shizz702
11-09-08, 7:01 pm
Yea when I'm bulking I'll drink up to a gallon of day. I highly recommend that coupled with plenty of heavy compound lifts and you're guaranteed to grow!

redskin 344
11-09-08, 7:47 pm
Yea when I'm bulking I'll drink up to a gallon of day. I highly recommend that coupled with plenty of heavy compound lifts and you're guaranteed to grow!

Hell yea..!

bloodsimple1234
11-10-08, 10:49 am
milk with peanut butter and banana sandwhiches,mmmmmmmmmmm!
one of the good things about the upcoming winer season!!

1skinnyassedrunt
11-16-08, 3:38 pm

1. Ground beef
2. Chicken
3. Steak
4. Red potatoes
5. Eggs
6. Oatmeal
7. Fish
8. Nuts
9. rice

What about lamb bro?? is it lamb too fatty?

Big3
11-16-08, 9:45 pm
My brother and I make this everytime Im home from college....

2lbs ground beef
6 potatoes
2 onions
some milk

peel potatoes and cut into thin wedges
chop onions
throw everything in to a big pan and add milk and cook
throw in some chili sauce for good measures

very tasty.

newbreed
11-22-08, 2:12 pm
Add Buffalo, some brown rice, peanut butter

prowrestler
11-22-08, 3:54 pm
1. mcdonalds
2. wendys
3. burger king
4. harveys
5. A&W's
6. pizza hut
7. taco bell
8. KFC
9. chinese buffet of choice
10. subways

( in no particular order)

BEAT THAT!

probably my favorites...aaaaand MAYBE not the best for ya lol

newbreed
11-22-08, 3:57 pm
1. mcdonalds
2. wendys
3. burger king
4. harveys
5. A&W's
6. pizza hut
7. taco bell
8. KFC
9. chinese buffet of choice
10. subways

( in no particular order)

BEAT THAT!

probably my favorites...aaaaand MAYBE not the best for ya lol

I'm with ya on 9 bro.HAHA!

prowrestler
11-22-08, 4:07 pm
I'm with ya on 9 bro.HAHA!

ahh yess, god ol 9. never lets my hunger down...its not alowed lol!

newbreed
11-22-08, 4:26 pm
ahh yess, god ol 9. never lets my hunger down...its not alowed lol!

I agree.

Mr. Aestheticz
11-22-08, 5:03 pm
Make Those And Use Nutella >)

Mlowe8
11-26-08, 12:29 am
I go nuts over Chinese... thats how they are going to take over America... Chinese.. no American can say no that shit... mmmmmmmmmmm..... don't get me started

Jonisocool
11-26-08, 4:12 am
Been on a Chungs Teriyaki binge as of lately. Cant stay away from it. Still remaining vigilant against other fast food tho q_q

pedraza
11-28-08, 8:56 am
i never ate that good in the CORP but
cant go wrong with pasta
sweet patatoes
fresh watter fish

thsbiglifter
12-01-08, 5:22 pm
2 scoops Chocolate Whey, 1 serving PB, 1/2 cup Oats, Banana, 2 cups Whole Milk. Flax Depending on the macros in those ingredents i usually get a good 800 cals.

But Beef, Lamb, Pork, pasta, sometimes fish is my favorite

strivin for more
12-10-08, 4:15 pm
bagel with peanut butter. ultimate gainer.

GFreak300
12-23-08, 4:17 am
whenever i go out i always grab a loaf of bread just incase...

shit loads of carbs in that pretty sure it bulks you up

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 12:58 pm
ya its gay, and not many people use it, but ever try TOFU? I cooked at a place for a while that used tofu in a few dishes, and i started looking into it. it has just as much protein as chicken, and is zero sodium. Check it out. I did it during my show diet. but why not use it to bulk up just up the portion size, and not retain as much water? You can throw it in shakes, eggs, or just have plain. Any thoughts?

simpleguy
01-13-09, 1:02 pm
ya its gay, and not many people use it, but ever try TOFU? I cooked at a place for a while that used tofu in a few dishes, and i started looking into it. it has just as much protein as chicken, and is zero sodium. Check it out. I did it during my show diet. but why not use it to bulk up just up the portion size, and not retain as much water? You can throw it in shakes, eggs, or just have plain. Any thoughts?

no food is 'gay'... I'm just not sure about the quality of the protein in tofu, but if it works for you, keep doing it

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 1:44 pm
lol my appologies about the wording, i meant its just not as hardcore as most think, but i understand where you are coming from with quality of protein. Ill look into it and try to post back about it.

GSant434
01-22-09, 2:37 pm
Make Those And Use Nutella >)

Jesus Christ my stomach just started growling reading the word Nutella. Without question one of my favorite things in the world.

xMATT182x
01-29-09, 2:12 am
Thats like major cherry overload dude haha

KJR246
02-26-09, 9:37 pm
It's hands down oats for me. I could eat those 24/7. About 10 eggs and a bowl of oats and I'm golden.

UzbeKodiak
03-08-09, 5:06 am
1) Oats
2) Bananas
3) Fish
4) Peanut Butter
5) Ice Cream
6) Red Meat
7) Spaghetti
8) Nuts (i like peanuts and cashews)
9) High fat milk
10) Cookies

U asked for mass foods and u got mass foods lol

Big3
03-08-09, 7:03 pm
Protein

1) Ground beef
2) Steak
3) Pork
4) Eggs
5) Milk
6) Cottage Cheese
7) Veal
8) Salmon
9) Chicken Thigh
10) Lamb ( If I can afford it)

Carbs

1) Rice
2) Potato
3) Bread
4) Oats
5) Sunchips
6) Rice
7) Potato
8) Bread
9) Oats
10) Sunchips

Alk
03-10-09, 9:33 pm
Been on a Chungs Teriyaki binge as of lately. Cant stay away from it. Still remaining vigilant against other fast food tho q_q

I've been ordering a Mongolian beef, broccoli, and white rice combo about once a week for the past few weeks. It's amazing stuff zomg. I don't care if it's not the real stuff like Chinese people make it, it's delicious and full of teh good stuffs.

DRIVEN
03-11-09, 3:03 pm
1.VENISON
2.BEEF/steak
3. Potatoes
4.eggs
5. oats
6. cottage cheese
7. chicken
8. fish
9. bread(9 grain for me)
10. milk

ironbound
03-15-09, 6:03 pm
It's all been said already in this thread, so I'll just emphasize whole wheat spaghetti with a really meaty sauce. I started making this more of a staple in my diet over the past 6 months and made some good gains. It gives me crazy energy as well and awesome pumps if eaten pre-workout.

Burke Knapp
03-26-09, 4:47 am
Hey USMC PITBULL how did you forget about the good old M.R.E's ?

Sphinx
03-26-09, 6:36 am
I just wanted to double check on something, beef vs. chicken. I know that chicken is more leaner, and has less fat than beef, but is it true that beef has a better make up of BCAA's? I think I read this here on the FORVM somewhere and wanted to really make sure if it was true. I notice that its usually in the top 5 in most of the lists of foods everyone put up here.

Crave
03-26-09, 9:00 am
I just wanted to double check on something, beef vs. chicken. I know that chicken is more leaner, and has less fat than beef, but is it true that beef has a better make up of BCAA's? I think I read this here on the FORVM somewhere and wanted to really make sure if it was true. I notice that its usually in the top 5 in most of the lists of foods everyone put up here.

I have that same question.... Any help anyone?

dannynb
03-26-09, 10:32 am
I have that same question.... Any help anyone?

Beef is generally better for bulking because of the fats in it along with creatine compared to chicken. The amino's I believe are bit more in beef than chicken as well....for dieting down I recommend chicken over beef although personal preference is a factor.

ironbound
03-29-09, 4:18 pm
whenever i go out i always grab a loaf of bread just incase...

shit loads of carbs in that pretty sure it bulks you up
Yeah it bulks you up in the wrong way... For me at least.

Big3
03-29-09, 10:53 pm
I've been doing a few RG's as either a snack or as a MRP and things are going well. The extra calories are helping me grow and the fiber keeps me flowing.

FewL4no1
03-30-09, 12:34 am
Being between an endomorph and mesomorph, I would have to say my diet is a little more lean, since a high amount of carbs and even a moderate amount of fats can put weight on in the wrong place.

1) Chicken
2) Fish
3) Lean ground Beef
4) Lean steak
5) Veggies, veggies, and more veggies
6) Fruit: specifically apples, strawberries, and bananas
7) Oats
8) Eggs
9) White Rice
10) Chipotle + Cold Stone.....mmmmmmmmmm

I can pack on mass very fast. It has been said that if I look at a low row machine, my back will grow. But, I am taking a line from Bid Daddy, "I drink a milkshake and my butt jiggles for like a week." Love the great gains, but sucks I can't indulge like others.

Also, I know this is kind of off topic, but fiber (notice my love of veggies) is killer for maintaining your body in an optimal state for growth. It does so many things for you, I dont know where to start. Veggies may not be the most dense carbs in the world, but the other benefits are amazing.

H@rl3yB08
03-30-09, 10:47 am
i have a serious problem drinking milk....ne ideas where i can get a good amount of calcium elsewhere??

Big3
03-30-09, 5:09 pm
i have a serious problem drinking milk....ne ideas where i can get a good amount of calcium elsewhere??

Are you lactose intolerant? If so, then pick up some lactate pills and drink with milk.

H@rl3yB08
03-31-09, 7:08 pm
no im not, but i just cant stomach drinking it. should i just stick to my animal pak and protein shakes?

Gambit
03-31-09, 7:39 pm
Whole wheat lasagna. Mmmmm, good for a cheat meal.

mritter3
03-31-09, 8:17 pm
gr. beef, steak, white potatoes, real gains, pastas, eggs, oats, milk, pork...just to name a few, G that lasagna sounds good right now.

yamaha62411
03-31-09, 9:03 pm
My buddy whos an iron head like me told me hes been using his pellet gun to take out morning doves and squirrels lol. He the proceeded to tell me he cooked em up and he slopped barbeque sauce on the morning dove meat and said it wasnt bad lol. I wonder how the nutritional value of both of those animals are.

ironbound
03-31-09, 11:06 pm
My buddy whos an iron head like me told me hes been using his pellet gun to take out morning doves and squirrels lol. He the proceeded to tell me he cooked em up and he slopped barbeque sauce on the morning dove meat and said it wasnt bad lol. I wonder how the nutritional value of both of those animals are.
Hahahahahahahaha that is HARDCORE.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-01-09, 1:04 am

actually they are fairly lean and probably arent to bad at all, just tasty gamey as they say... id do it.. quail is good no reason why dove shouldnt be..

pedraza
04-01-09, 11:39 am

lol...would be alot cheaper than what i spend in the store a week. but ill just stick to my lean ground beef. you can do anything with it and i think its the ultimate mass building addition to my food arsenal

yamaha62411
04-01-09, 1:48 pm
Yea Quail is definitely not bad to eat when somebody cooks it up in a nice big batch of stew with freshly cut vegetables and all. I remember working out side in the winter doing construction and my boss brought in some stew with both quail and rabbit cut up into it. The meat is gamey like you said but if you let it sit in nice stew with all that flavor it is pretty tasty. Now im getting myself hungry so im going to eat haha.

FewL4no1
04-04-09, 6:27 pm

Haha I would not doubt it. There are many high-quality proteins proteins out there that many just don't know that much about. I am considering throwing a meal or two of Halibut in my diet every day. The protein content is ridiculously high and is a large source of those wonderful fish oils.

Now if only I lived next to an ocean, and owned a boat that had a full gym on it...:D

cyber123
04-15-09, 5:27 am
People used to follow up diet to lose unwanted pounds and maintain the healthy weight. but it should be healthy at any lost.
http://www.rajagiriworld.com/happy.gif

Soldier
05-06-09, 12:51 pm
Mongolian freakin BBQ.

ern_r6
05-06-09, 10:29 pm
what about things with a lot of carbs?...

Preston
05-23-09, 9:37 pm
Where's the ruckus for some mutha fuckin COTTAGE CHEESE?! Man you wanna put on pounds eat that shit like it's your job bro.

shizz702
05-23-09, 10:22 pm
Good article here http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_3_22/ai_n6108175/?tag=content;col1 that talks about all kinds of good foods to aid in the quest for mass

t_mh
05-23-09, 11:44 pm
Interesting article. There're some really surprising ones on there.

Enforcer
05-24-09, 12:24 am
Steak
Ground Beef
Potatoes
Rice
Eggs
Pasta
Chicken
Oatmeal
Tuna
Real Gains or Gain Max

weedlewott
05-24-09, 4:10 am
10 Egg white omlet with 1/2 ounce of cheese, ham, onions, oatmeal, Turkey Bacon, and a homemade biscuit. hmmm...

mahscles
05-30-09, 9:19 am
IMO chicken isnt gonna help put on much mass..... i think its better for cutting than bulking

i know a lot of people that use chicken while bulking and it works fine. its a really good protein source and its not too hateful if you put the right seasoning on it. just have to eat the right carbs too

mahscles
05-30-09, 9:23 am
I agree.

fuck yeah!

norsedragon
06-11-09, 4:19 pm
I have found some really good pastas at Trader Joe's that offer up to 15 grams of protein per serving and keep the carbs in check. I also like lamb. It has a lot of flavor and provides a nice change from the basics. Cooking it on the broiler with a little garlic is a great way to eliminate some of the fat and make an easy meal. Throw some slices of zucchini on the broiler too.

GJN5002
06-25-09, 12:07 pm
I dont think anything beats whole eggs and good cuts of red meat.

Ironjaw
07-04-09, 12:31 am
MMMM BEEEEFFFF!!! nuff said lol oh and just so ye know chicken doesnt have as much protein as they used to considering they feed them tofu now intead of what they did back in the day.... aka what they are suppose to damn eat ....>.> damn clone chicken

Tartaglia
07-04-09, 12:59 am
This thread ios the biggest help ever. my diet is going to be insane. And i do add some mcdonalds once every 5 dayshaha!

Tartaglia
07-06-09, 3:32 pm
Chocolate Milk!

N. Motta
07-06-09, 3:33 pm
southern food.

JUGGERNAUT
07-06-09, 3:36 pm

1. Ground beef
2. Chicken
3. Steak
4. Red potatoes
5. Eggs
6. Oatmeal
7. Fish
8. Nuts
9. rice

Personally, I would just put all of this in the blender together.
Add Pop Tarts for an insulin spike for all this goodness.

Tartaglia
07-06-09, 3:37 pm

to crazy for me to do

musclealchemist
07-06-09, 4:02 pm

Smores poptarts? Those are pretty awesome. Though the watermelon ones back in the day used to be awesome too. Plus you cant go wrong with strawberry.

JUGGERNAUT
07-06-09, 4:05 pm
Smores poptarts? Those are pretty awesome. Though the watermelon ones back in the day used to be awesome too. Plus you cant go wrong with strawberry.

I like the high fiber chocolate ones best but they are all good.

Ironjaw
07-06-09, 7:57 pm
MMMM poptarts.... >.>

destroypain07
07-15-09, 9:13 pm
also chinese food especially the all you can eat buffets. I love those, i always go for 4-6 plates crammed full of noodles and all the different types of meat i can see and then for desert i get 6 bowls of ice cream and a couple of peanut toffee glazed cakes..yum yum

I'm right there with you man haha, more noodles and meat please!

Jake Rees
08-01-09, 1:15 am
best weight gain food
Chicken Fried Steak with extra SOS
eat 2 or 3 orders of that with some eggs and hashbrowns
you pak on the pounds baby

YoungEx20
08-01-09, 3:08 am
Juicy medium rare beef
Eggs
Chicken Fried Steak
Butter/Olive Oil/Mac Oil (Fats)
Fruit
Pasta

Pistola
08-01-09, 11:21 am
Red meat
Frozen Hamburger pattys
Eggs
Pasta
Rice
Peanutbutter
Beans
Platanos
Yams
Full fat cheese

strivin for more
08-06-09, 9:15 am
i believe cheese has been overlooked here a couple of times. good fats and proteins son!! (as long as it is unprocessed)

WeeMan
08-13-09, 6:39 am
Haggis!!
has got to be my all time favourite foods! ingredients are: sheeps liver, heart and lungs. beef. oats. and spices.

eat haggis with either eggs or potatos (or the traditional way, with mashed potatos and turnips) and uv got a mega mass building meal!

ghost
08-13-09, 8:08 am
haggis=bleh. lol. you want mass packing food. hit up the dollar menu at mcdonalds with a 20 in hand, and you are set. hahaha

WeeMan
08-13-09, 11:04 am
haggis=bleh. lol. you want mass packing food. hit up the dollar menu at mcdonalds with a 20 in hand, and you are set. hahaha

not man enough huh!

ghost
08-13-09, 11:17 am
not man enough huh!

ive eaten haggus before, ill stick to straight guinness stew and steak.

WeeMan
08-13-09, 11:34 am
ive eaten haggus before, ill stick to straight guinness stew and steak.

haha dont worry, alot of girls cant stomach eating the waste parts of a sheep