PDA

View Full Version : Why Have Your Own JOURNEY?

Big Wides
08-13-08, 10:11 am
Now I know this isn't for everybody, but there are countless benefits to having a "journey" or training log here on the Forvm. Not only does it serve a purpose for you to track your own progress throughout the year but it gives everyone an oppurtunity to grow. Since we all come from different training backgrounds, levels of experience, and methods to how we go about training it can only benefit the masses. Also, the critique, pointers, and feedback that you receive from the members here can only further improve your sessions, fueling that desire to grow. So what are you waiting for? Start your own right here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

JUGGERNAUT
08-13-08, 12:19 pm
Well put, you log our workouts so we kinda have the same journey and do the same stuff but if you were not doing that, I would certainly have one of my own. Good post.

pmug0000
08-13-08, 12:29 pm
I completely agree. I was member for at least 5 months before I started up a "journey" but I'm glad I did. It's cool seeing the progress I've made, and a little support from other people can go a long way.

Universal Rep
08-13-08, 12:33 pm
Great post BW. The section, "Your Journey" has got to be the most popular sub-section on the entire FORVM. Great place to get your feet wet and become part of this community. Love the "journey" as a metaphor for Wrath's own journey and I'm glad Corporate brought over the metaphor.

Ricky P
08-13-08, 12:37 pm
Now I know this isn't for everybody, but there are countless benefits to having a "journey" or training log here on the Forvm. Not only does it serve a purpose for you to track your own progress throughout the year but it gives everyone an oppurtunity to grow. Since we all come from different training backgrounds, levels of experience, and methods to how we go about training it can only benefit the masses. Also, the critique, pointers, and feedback that you receive from the members here can only further improve your sessions, fueling that desire to grow. So what are you waiting for? Start your own right here:

Definitely. Had I not started a Journey when I joined back in Feb. of '07, I would never have grown the way I did last year. I had countless people stop by with advice like B Dub himself, and made great friendships over the last year through my own and other's Journey's. It's a great way to learn and to grow, period.

atrain11b
08-13-08, 12:39 pm
To be honest, I feel the Journey, and the family of Animals that follow my Journey here is what has kept me going since I decided to pick up the weights again. They're there to push me, encourage me, and help me all at the same time. It's like haveing 25+ personal trainers who provide FREE advice. I look forward to working harder each workout so I can show myself, and my Animal brothers the progress I am making. Setting a PR in the gym excites me knowing I will get to post it here.

Excellent post Big.

Vinny G
08-13-08, 4:13 pm
great post.

however, if you noticed i stopped posting while i was in contest training.

i feel it is a distraction to tell the whole world my plans....i like to just stick with who ever is helping me, one person, one opinion.

Universal Rep
08-13-08, 4:16 pm
great post.

i feel it is a distraction to tell the whole world my plans....i like to just stick with who ever is helping me, one person, one opinion.

I think I speak for everyone here, but it would have been cool to read your thoughts and progress during the prep, VG.

NickSP
08-13-08, 4:19 pm
Agreed. I haven't really posted in mine in the past couple months, so I gotta get back on that.

Maccabee
08-13-08, 11:43 pm
I love The Journey section.

I learned a lot looking at every ones training style and diets.

machineman
08-26-08, 11:23 am
To be honest, I feel the Journey, and the family of Animals that follow my Journey here is what has kept me going since I decided to pick up the weights again. They're there to push me, encourage me, and help me all at the same time. It's like haveing 25+ personal trainers who provide FREE advice. I look forward to working harder each workout so I can show myself, and my Animal brothers the progress I am making. Setting a PR in the gym excites me knowing I will get to post it here.

Excellent post Big.

I have to agree 100%!!

prowrestler
10-02-08, 4:34 pm
you can track what works and what doesnt and more experienced lifters can see what mistakes you make.

basketcase
10-02-08, 5:44 pm
I've been meaning to start my own in hopes of finding support and motivation from those who have been there and done that. Just gotta pull that trigger.

The longer I've been out, the harder it is for me to go back.

SokViChet
10-13-08, 1:23 pm
Logs / 'Journeys' have a place in everyone's training program. I keep public logs to help motivate, learn, and even teach and it's been the single most rewarding extra-gym activity I've done in terms of progress and commitment. I used to think I could train without logging, but once I started I can't believe I made it anywhere without writing down my diet, supplementation, and training progress.

If you haven't already just start one, and it'll flow. Doesnt have to be perfect, just yours.

Universal Rep
10-16-08, 4:10 pm
Logs / 'Journeys' have a place in everyone's training program. I keep public logs to help motivate, learn, and even teach and it's been the single most rewarding extra-gym activity I've done in terms of progress and commitment. I used to think I could train without logging, but once I started I can't believe I made it anywhere without writing down my diet, supplementation, and training progress.

If you haven't already just start one, and it'll flow. Doesnt have to be perfect, just yours.

Agreed... Glad to see ya over here, SV.

hardhit71
10-23-08, 12:19 am
just started my journey this passed week. It seems i havnt had too many visitors and NO comments but i can deal>

here it is

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21354&highlight=hardhit71s+journey

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 10:16 am
I just started mine too and I have to say...when I go into the gym now, I seem to be training for all here as well as myself. Thanks to all, I have an additional second wind with the atmosphere that has been created here.

Joshua F
10-25-08, 11:38 pm

Your right BW, Great post. I post mine and is helping me to Keep focus and working even harder sence mine is about my prep. for the Nationals in atlanta! when I'm geting tire or i'm in slow motion and people comment about my training and progres it keep me going. and make me train and diet harder!!! cause I know there are people watching me!!!!!!

BazookaJoe
10-31-08, 12:50 am
great post.

my thoughts exactly vin. i wanted to start posting more right before my diet, but it creeped up so quick i really don't need the distractions. i don't mind the constructve critisism during the year but def. not during the diet. i will be more active after my shows

Beast Genetics
02-11-09, 6:38 pm
I tried to post my training log in Journey and it said I could not.http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=23511 can a mod move it please?

NJC_Manhattan
02-17-09, 11:47 pm
The Journey section is a plethora of experiences, and trials and trivializations. For its education purposes alone, it is extremely valuable. Not to mention its family like mystique.

DilleGomez
03-05-09, 6:54 pm
just started mine to

Thrashmetal
03-11-09, 1:47 am
the benefits... personally I think that people get more motivated to get more serious about their shit. u have already started ur journey and if u abandon ur thread u`ll be the looser with motivation that went nowhere. if u lie about something u feel like this looser, and if we learn something here that is to prove to ourselves. so what do we have so far... you can`t lie, you can`t walk away.. what`s left? to sit on ur ass and eat ur fucking nutrition food and train insane! it motivates me when I think of it like that "wait a sec, I can`t disapoint the guys there, that means I disapoint myself".

also... u can always follow the steps of someone more superior. I don`t think it`s hard to find some pro`s "journey" and learn something. after all this is all about learning how to perfecting the body/strength/speed etc., and the best way to do it is to cooperate, understand and be kind witch each other. it`s a brotherhood for fucks sake, we all share 1 little thing...

FUNKYZOMBIE
05-06-09, 1:48 pm
From one place to another... Knowing where you are and knowing where you want to go... A lesson we all need to learn in life. I've started and stopped logs so many times, it unbelievable! Looking at what I've done, depresses me and jolts me back into action! Life is a journey and not a 100m dash. Look, learn and listen to find the inner beast! We are all in this together!

71bbo455
07-17-09, 9:10 pm
I've never been one who liked to keep a journal.. Liked to do what I did and just go with how I felt. Worked great for years. Now that I'm older and trying to get back into it, it has helped me keep motivated. Kind of like having a training partner even though I workout alone in my basement. I now have someone to answer to besides me. This site and the fellow Animals on it have helped me tremendously. Without having a Journey I might slack off.

Bullfrog JJR
08-19-09, 10:35 pm
the benefits... personally I think that people get more motivated to get more serious about their shit. u have already started ur journey and if u abandon ur thread u`ll be the looser with motivation that went nowhere. if u lie about something u feel like this looser, and if we learn something here that is to prove to ourselves. so what do we have so far... you can`t lie, you can`t walk away.. what`s left? to sit on ur ass and eat ur fucking nutrition food and train insane! it motivates me when I think of it like that "wait a sec, I can`t disapoint the guys there, that means I disapoint myself".

also... u can always follow the steps of someone more superior. I don`t think it`s hard to find some pro`s "journey" and learn something. after all this is all about learning how to perfecting the body/strength/speed etc., and the best way to do it is to cooperate, understand and be kind witch each other. it`s a brotherhood for fucks sake, we all share 1 little thing...

X2

This afternoon I wasn't able to finish the last part of my workout, so I noted in my thread that I would have to finish it tonight. Knowing that this is out there for people to see, I had to make sure I got it done, not only for myself, but so someone doesn't read it and wonder if I followed through.

BryanSmash!
08-28-09, 3:30 am
I just started mine too and I have to say...when I go into the gym now, I seem to be training for all here as well as myself. Thanks to all, I have an additional second wind with the atmosphere that has been created here.

x2.
I get a couple of extra reps here and there because I don't want to disappoint anyone with by exhibiting a lackluster effort.

12-08-09, 11:15 am
Hey, how about recognizing good journeys? Maybe highlighting them or offering prizes for really great ones?

Big Irish
12-19-09, 10:23 pm
I just finished reading Wrath's 18 week Journey and, unless I misinterepted him, he said he didn't keep track of his workouts. I found that to be funny since at the end of the book there is a place to keep those records. I've always tried to keep a log of my workouts just so I could keep track of my gains and plateaus. Hopefully coming up with a solution for the latter. It should be interesting to see if keeping My Journey on here will bring me the extra ass kickings I need to get me to where I need to be. I'll start on Monday. Thanks again guys.

Solo_
12-22-09, 9:10 pm
I think it's a great idea, motivation for yourself and for others..

Keeps you on track

jcarp
12-24-09, 5:20 pm
A journey is a good motivation, the road is long

TheFurge
12-24-09, 10:16 pm
I have been eating clean and exercising for about 10 months now. Im 29 years old. I have been obese pretty much my whole life. Never exercised, didnt know what eating right meant. Then 2 years ago my wife of 5 years was diagnosed with cancer at 27 years old. She beat it, and we started looking for a new start at life. In the last 10 months, my wife has lost 50 lbs, and i have lost 60 lbs. I am actually thinking of starting a career in nutrition. We have been eating right and exercising. I now have a 6 day program of 3 days of weights, and 3 days of cardio. Also, i ride a stationary bike for 20 mins after all my weightlifting days. So my cardio is actually 6 days a week. I take Animal Pak, Cuts, Omega, Flex, and Pump. So far, my results are great in leaning out and getting rid of my excessive belly fat. And I do mean alot of belly fat. Any help would be great to hear. Thank you for hearing me out.

Albin
03-10-10, 10:39 am
yeah thats a great ideal.

Joseph V
05-04-10, 11:11 pm
i have a journey to eep me motivated, and it helps me track down my mistakes alot more easier

OuthereGrindin'
05-28-10, 5:38 pm
Hey guys im new here and looking to start my own journey. Im 5"9' and 142 lbs. Can someone set me on the right path to gaining some muscle and strength for a reasonable beginner.

DumbbellBanana
06-17-10, 9:52 pm
I was once told that everyday you walk into the gym you need to break yourself down so your body can build back up when your resting. I was told this by a guy who was 6 3" 235 lbs and looked like a beast. Everyday you go to the gym make sure you leave knowing you couldnt do any more, eat enough so you can grow and get plenty of rest. Im 5 9" myself and was under 150lbs less than 3 yrs ago, Im now around 180lbs and owe it all to being consistant in the gym and learning everyday. When i need ideas i come to places like Animal or I watch the bigger guys in the gym and learn from them.

adelfjohanason
07-28-10, 9:13 am
Now I know this isn't for everybody, but there are countless benefits to having a "journey" log here on the Forvm. Not only does it serve a purpose for you to track your own progress throughout the year but it gives everyone an oppurtunity to grow. Since we all come from different journey , iot of experience, Real journey meanings to go anywhere and look lot of place and understand importants of the place .Really happyiness journey with friend because look different place and enjoy with the friends. I like long time journey.It's a great way to learn and to grow, period journey.

Irsmartguy
08-10-10, 6:15 am
Pretty new to not only the whole hardcore body fitness, but also to the internet forvm. This exprience has been nothing but spectacular. The whole idea of posting your journey was a stroke of sheer genius. Like I said, I'm new, but within mins of being on here I was already being coached on how I could make things better. How little changes here and there would make more sense to equal bigger gains. Feedback is awesome and just reading about others makes you want to push more.

Keep up the awesome work guys!

MR. C
07-28-14, 6:41 am
I love getting inspiration from looking at other guys journals! The amount of weights some of these guys lift (Boss, Higa, Guns, P Diesel etc) it's just amazing!

lowroller
08-25-15, 12:14 am
Awesome to see people evolve from where they started to where and how they ended up. Sort of a cross reference study on how to improve training, the most important thing for me is keeping the consistency high..nothing like working your ass off for results.

PA Kodiak
10-06-15, 3:18 pm
Just started my own journey recently. I'm fresh off my first bodybuilding competition and am working on packing the size on over the next 15 months before I begin preparing for my next show which will be the 2017 Mr. Pittsburgh competition. Looking forward to the comradarie of the Animal family. My log is here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?44036-PA-KODIAK-Back-on-the-Grind-for-my-2nd-Show