PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Dead Gets Armed For the Fort Lewis Bodybuilding Championships

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Ragnar13
12-01-08, 1:19 pm
Heh heh heh... I've got a sticker on my coffin case for my bass that says... "I'm not shy... I'm just examining my prey..."

Nice motto....

Best of luck, refocusing is a huge asset! Your gonna do awesome

Mr. Dead
12-01-08, 5:14 pm
Nice motto....

Best of luck, refocusing is a huge asset! Your gonna do awesome

Thanks!!! And, tonight marks my first time back in the gym for a real upper body workout, since the injury!!!

B Con
12-01-08, 9:51 pm
I had a lot of egg nog and thought of you this weekend. Glad to see you battling back from the injury... I know the pains...

Ragnar13
12-02-08, 8:21 am
Hope your workout went well. Coming back from an injury is always tough. Don't push past the limits and reinjure yourself....give it time to heal/re-strengthen before you go balls to the wall.

Mr. Dead
12-02-08, 12:51 pm
I had a lot of egg nog and thought of you this weekend. Glad to see you battling back from the injury... I know the pains...

Hope your workout went well. Coming back from an injury is always tough. Don't push past the limits and reinjure yourself....give it time to heal/re-strengthen before you go balls to the wall.

Thanks, guys... The workout went fairly well, and I feel like I've only got the normal type of soreness... I'll post it up, later on, today...

scals
12-02-08, 12:55 pm
Thanks, guys... The workout went fairly well, and I feel like I've only got the normal type of soreness... I'll post it up, later on, today...

That's good Mr. Dead. Glad to see no pain.

Hollow
12-02-08, 12:56 pm
That's good Mr. Dead. Glad to see no pain.

X2! Definitely good to hear!

Rage
12-02-08, 1:11 pm

This is great news! Progress...

Mr. Dead
12-02-08, 1:14 pm
Between the therapy, accupuncture, behaving, and the EAA flood... Things are ahead of where I initially was told I would be... Definitely glad to be back at it!!! And, it has GREATLY improved my mood...

Hoomgar
12-02-08, 3:27 pm
Between the therapy, accupuncture, behaving, and the EAA flood... Things are ahead of where I initially was told I would be... Definitely glad to be back at it!!! And, it has GREATLY improved my mood...

Best news of the day! Now it's time to get back to work!

Firedrake
12-02-08, 3:30 pm
*L* Despite my age, I'm still "Strong like bull..." And we won't even talk about what happens when the wind blows...

We used to have a saying among the "Ooks" (those who get tapped for heavy labor at Science Fiction Conventions): "Strong Like Bull, Smell Like Ox; Smart Like Tractor."

Mr. Dead
12-02-08, 4:46 pm
Bi's:
Rope Hammer Curls
1 set of 20 at 60
1 set of 15 at 70
1 set of 10 at 80
1 set of 6 at 110 (I was strugglin' to get that last rep...)
Incline DB Curls:
5 sets of 15 at 35 per side
High Cable Curls:
1 set of 20 at 30 per side
1 set of 15 at 40 per side
1 set of 10 at 50 per side
1 set of 6 at 50 per side
Preacher BB Curls:
5 sets of 15 at 70
Standing BB Curls:
3 sets of 21's at 50

Tri's:
"V" Handle Pressdowns:
1 set of 20 at 80
1 set of 15 at 90
1 set of 10 at 100
1 set of 10 at 120
Rope Pressdowns:
5 sets of 15 at 80
"D" Handle single arm Pressdowns:
5 sets of 15 at 40

Rear Delts:
Reverse High Cable Flyes:
5 sets of 15 at 50 per side (Felt some pain/discomfort, but got through it...)
And as always... 2 sessions of Puppy Power Walking...

Hoomgar
12-02-08, 5:01 pm
Mr Dead is back! Look at that volume too! Good stuff bro. Happy for ya man. It's a good day.

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-02-08, 5:02 pm
We used to have a saying among the "Ooks" (those who get tapped for heavy labor at Science Fiction Conventions): "Strong Like Bull, Smell Like Ox; Smart Like Tractor."

Kind of like, "Mongo like Sheriff Bart..." or "Mongo is only Pawn in Game of Life..."

Mr. Dead
12-02-08, 5:03 pm
Mr Dead is back! Look at that volume too! Good stuff bro. Happy for ya man. It's a good day.

Hg

I feel a heck of a lot more like my old self!!!

scals
12-02-08, 7:29 pm
Great workout today Mr. Dead.

Ragnar13
12-02-08, 7:56 pm
Kind of like, "Mongo like Sheriff Bart..." or "Mongo is only Pawn in Game of Life..."

Blazing Saddles rulz.

Great workout man. Strong bicep thrashing!

Hollow
12-03-08, 8:15 am
Mr. Dead has returned! Mighty fine return at that Mr. Dead! Great arm session and nice reference to Blazing Saddles!

firsthorseman97
12-03-08, 11:16 am
Real nice workout MD. I bet that one felt ggggoooooooooodddddd!

B Con
12-03-08, 11:17 am

Accupuncture huh? Any thoughts on that? I have been doing the exact same thing with tons of EAAs/BCAAs, heating pads, icy hots, ibuprofen, and massages. Glad to hear this.

Mr. Dead
12-03-08, 11:26 am
Great workout today Mr. Dead.

Thanks!!! Definitely great to be hittin' it, again... Hopefully my numbers will get back up to where they were soon!!!

Blazing Saddles rulz.

Great workout man. Strong bicep thrashing!

I love my comedy, about as much as I love my action and horror... *L* I'm REALLY feeling the biceps, today...

Mr. Dead has returned! Mighty fine return at that Mr. Dead! Great arm session and nice reference to Blazing Saddles!

*L* One of the first movies I ever saw at the drive in... (I was supposed to be facing the other drive-in, seeing the Disney movie...) I'm really feelin' a lot better!!!

Real nice workout MD. I bet that one felt ggggoooooooooodddddd!

Great to be back to my "old" self, again...

Accupuncture huh? Any thoughts on that? I have been doing the exact same thing with tons of EAAs/BCAAs, heating pads, icy hots, ibuprofen, and massages. Glad to hear this.

2 days out of the week, I run an accupuncture clinic... It's been around for thousands of years, and stood the test of time... (*L* Kind of like Pak...) And, if you've seen the outtakes of "Pumping Iron", even Arnold used it... I'm just fortunate to be already in the clinic, on the outside it can run anywhere from $60-$200 a visit... I get it for free...

Hoomgar
12-03-08, 11:59 am
I feel a heck of a lot more like my NEW self!!!

Fixed...

Mr. Dead
12-03-08, 3:41 pm
Fixed...

After the DOMS set in, I think I had it in the right context... *L*

Hoomgar
12-03-08, 4:26 pm
After the DOMS set in, I think I had it in the right context... *L*

LOL! For sure bro, for sure :)

Mr. Dead
12-03-08, 4:49 pm
Legs:
Leg extensions: (Warm-up)
4 sets of 20 at 105
Squats:
1 set of 20 at 120
1 set of 15 at 160
1 set of 10 at 200
1 set of 5 at 300
1 set of 100 at 80
Leg press:
1 set of 30 at 180
1 set of 20 at 270
1 set of 15 at 360
1 set of 10 at 450
1 set of 10 at 630
Leg extensions:
1 set of 20 at 105
1 set of 15 at 120
1 set of 10 at 135
1 set of 8 at 180
2 sets of 5 at 210
1 set of 100 at 75
Lying leg curls:
1 set of 20 at 50
1 set of 15 at 60
1 set of 10 at 70
1 set of 10 at 90
4 drop sets at 10 each
Abductor and adductor machines:
3 sets of 50 at 80 (Each machine)
Standing calf raise:
1 set of 30 at 195
1 set of 15 at 255
1 set of 10 at 310
1 set of 10 at 370
1 set of 100 at 175
Seated calf:
5 sets of 15 at 180
Abs:
3 sets of 15 at 100 on the "Ab Machine"
And, the obligatory Puppy Power Walks...

Hoomgar
12-03-08, 4:54 pm
That workout almost scrolled onto the next page! The volume king is back! What's that smell? Fired legs!

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-03-08, 4:56 pm
That workout almost scrolled onto the next page! The volume king is back! What's that smell? Fired legs!

Hg

Thanks!!! Never really let up on the legs while I was hurt... Just didn't do any squats, or standing calf raises...

Firedrake
12-03-08, 6:04 pm

I've had good luck with acupuncture in the past -- I credit my acupuncturist with helping me get the extensor function back in my left hand after the surgeon who repaired the biceps tear damaged the Posterior Interosseus Nerve which lets you extend the fingers. The VA originally gave me less than 30% chance of getting the extensor function back.

I got it back.

Rage
12-03-08, 6:21 pm
Shit bro...that is some serious volume!

Mr. Dead
12-03-08, 6:25 pm
Shit bro...that is some serious volume!

Thanks!!! My legs respond very well to high volume...

Hollow
12-03-08, 9:59 pm
Thanks!!! My legs respond very well to high volume...

That is the understatement of the year!!! Get that man a wheelchair or a straight jacket!

Most impressive leg session Mr. Dead!

B Con
12-04-08, 5:37 am
Always a fan of your volume on leg day. Great work.

MD you need to hook me up with some free accupuncture if I ever heard out west haha. I just don't know how I would do with all those needles in me.

'Drake nice work on getting the feeling back..

scals
12-04-08, 8:14 am
Heavy squats and a killer 100 rep set Mr. Dead. Great work.

firsthorseman97
12-04-08, 8:48 am
Wow! That is some crazy volume! Do you have to crawl out of the gym on leg days?

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 11:27 am
That is the understatement of the year!!! Get that man a wheelchair or a straight jacket!

Most impressive leg session Mr. Dead!

Always a fan of your volume on leg day. Great work.

MD you need to hook me up with some free accupuncture if I ever heard out west haha. I just don't know how I would do with all those needles in me.

'Drake nice work on getting the feeling back..

Heavy squats and a killer 100 rep set Mr. Dead. Great work.

Wow! That is some crazy volume! Do you have to crawl out of the gym on leg days?

*L* Thanks, guys!!! I used to loathe leg days, but now, I'm pretty much an addict... There's many days where I just lay on the floor, until I can will my legs to get me upright, and many days where I leave offerings at the "Porcelain Altar"... And, B Con, let me know if you're ever up this way, and I'll get ya hooked up!!!

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 11:29 am
I've made some changes to my supps, and am looking forward to the results...
Current stack is as follows:
Genesis
Real Gains
Ultra Iso Whey
N1-T
Shock Therapy
Storm
Torrent
Omega

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 11:39 am
I've made some changes to my supps, and am looking forward to the results...
Current stack is as follows:
Genesis
Real Gains
Ultra Iso Whey
N1-T
Shock Therapy
Storm
Torrent
Omega

Forgot one Item... Uni Liver

Hollow
12-04-08, 11:55 am
How do you like the Genesis? I was looking into getting some but right now it doesn't seem possible to get it North of the border.

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 11:57 am
How do you like the Genesis? I was looking into getting some but right now it doesn't seem possible to get it North of the border.

Taking my first dose, today... I've been told it's like Pak meets Natural Sterol Complex... I'm a big fan of both, so I figured I'd give it a serious run...

Hollow
12-04-08, 11:59 am
Taking my first dose, today... I've been told it's like Pak meets Natural Sterol Complex... I'm a big fan of both, so I figured I'd give it a serious run...

Keep me posted on it please!

Hoomgar
12-04-08, 12:02 pm
Time to get your grow on d-man...

Likin the stack bro, eat big!

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 12:06 pm
Time to get your grow on d-man...

Likin the stack bro, eat big!

Hg

I've only got till mid January to get my mass on...

Hoomgar
12-04-08, 12:27 pm
I've only got till mid January to get my mass on...

Egg Nog and Pasta FTW!

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 12:29 pm
Egg Nog and Pasta FTW!

I've already broken out the 3XL scrubs... Cain't raise my arms in the 2XL's, anymore...

Hollow
12-04-08, 12:29 pm
Egg Nog and Pasta FTW!

Great combo!!!

Hollow
12-04-08, 12:30 pm
I've already broken out the 3XL scrubs... Cain't raise my arms in the 2XL's, anymore...

Heading in the right direction!

Mr. Dead
Egg Nog and Pasta FTW!

Great combo!!!

Mostaccioli does sound good, today... *L*

Mr. Dead
Heading in the right direction!

And still wear the medium pants... *LOL*

Hollow
12-04-08, 12:33 pm
Mostaccioli does sound good, today... *L*

Care to trade...I've got rice and tuna...yea!

Hollow
12-04-08, 12:33 pm
And still wear the medium pants... *LOL*

Bonus!

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 12:36 pm
Care to trade...I've got rice and tuna...yea!

Uhm... I think I'll hold off until January, on that... And, then, I'll probably even offer to buy the rice from ya... *L* I have a feeling my trainer will be brutal on me...

Hoomgar
12-04-08, 12:58 pm
I'm glad I was already eating when I opened this thread back up.

Right now it's Home made stuff Green Peppers, Red Beat Eggs, Muenster Cheese & WW Pretzels. dry roasted Almonds, raw organic baby Carrots, Carrot juice and Milk+Whey.

It's lunch time fellas ;)

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 1:01 pm
Lunch today, will be... Red Beans and Rice... Broccoli with Cheese Sauce... A Roll... And Chicken Breasts...

Hoomgar
12-04-08, 1:09 pm
So sorry bro, I'm happier than a Pig in mud filled with ears of corn! And it shows :(

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 1:18 pm
So sorry bro, I'm happier than a Pig in mud filled with ears of corn! And it shows :(

Actually, it's one of the best meals the chow hall makes... And, tomorrow, it's Brisket, Catfish, Rice, and more beans...

Hoomgar
12-04-08, 1:28 pm
happier than a Pig in mud filled with ears of corn!

it's one of the best meals the chow hall makes

Quoted then edited for comic relief...

Mr. Dead
12-04-08, 4:58 pm

Comic relief is always welcome!!!

Firedrake
12-04-08, 7:44 pm

Heh. When I was stationed in Germany, our mess halls at Brigade HQ were German Nationals -- they threw out the Army cooking manual and . . . improvised. It was so good we even had the officers eating there by choice!

B Con
12-05-08, 5:44 am
For some reason I got hungry reading that...

Mr. Dead
12-05-08, 1:57 pm
Heh. When I was stationed in Germany, our mess halls at Brigade HQ were German Nationals -- they threw out the Army cooking manual and . . . improvised. It was so good we even had the officers eating there by choice!

For some reason I got hungry reading that...

It all depends on who's on duty, as to the quality of our food...

Mr. Dead
12-05-08, 2:01 pm
Later on, I'll post up how my chest/trap workout went... I also had a change of scenery on that one, and it was an experience all it's own...

Hollow
12-05-08, 2:03 pm
Waiting patiently...

Hoomgar
12-05-08, 2:13 pm
Waiting patiently...

Waiting also...

Mr. Dead
12-05-08, 6:39 pm
Last night was odd... I worked out on base, which I never do... Not since I was on Active Duty... Nothing had changed, since then... Literally... The weights had their numbers worn off... Machines had rust spots that stuck during reps... It was colder than a grave digger's butt... But, at the same time, it was almost serene... I really couldn't tell you what I was lifting, but I got a good pump, and felt satisfied... I saw machines that I had not seen in a long time... Such as the 4-way neck... The hip flexor... Ah... That took me back, some... Everything was in the exact same place it was, back in 1991... I had the whole place to myself... No wannabe's getting in my face, trying to pretend they were an Alpha... No pretty girlies yapping incessantly... Just me, my I-pod, and the iron... I hit chest and traps, and threw in several sets of the seated dip machine... The pump was great... My traps held up well... I may have found a new home... Definitely more hardcore than where I normally go, and I have it all to myself... And,it's free...

firsthorseman97
12-05-08, 8:38 pm
A blast from the past, you must have some good memories in that gym. Sounds like you had a good time and a great workout.

scals
12-05-08, 11:08 pm
Love going back to the place where it all began. Hope you had a great time Mr. Dead.

Ragnar13
12-06-08, 11:13 am
Last night was odd... I worked out on base, which I never do... Not since I was on Active Duty... Nothing had changed, since then... Literally... The weights had their numbers worn off... Machines had rust spots that stuck during reps... It was colder than a grave digger's butt... But, at the same time, it was almost serene... I really couldn't tell you what I was lifting, but I got a good pump, and felt satisfied... I saw machines that I had not seen in a long time... Such as the 4-way neck... The hip flexor... Ah... That took me back, some... Everything was in the exact same place it was, back in 1991... I had the whole place to myself... No wannabe's getting in my face, trying to pretend they were an Alpha... No pretty girlies yapping incessantly... Just me, my I-pod, and the iron... I hit chest and traps, and threw in several sets of the seated dip machine... The pump was great... My traps held up well... I may have found a new home... Definitely more hardcore than where I normally go, and I have it all to myself... And,it's free...

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!! Just kidding. I workout on base everyday. There are four gyms to choose from, but the closest to my house is where most dependents train, so sum yapping goes on. But I got to admit, thatr gym has some nice new equipment. (Gammon for anyone familiar with Fort Knox)

Hollow
12-06-08, 11:17 am
SCORE! It sounds like you've found yourself a great place to workout at Mr. Dead!

Jonisocool
12-06-08, 6:27 pm
hell yea mr dead. the gyms on base are where its at. glad you found a more suitable home for you and the iron

Mr. Dead
12-07-08, 9:14 pm
A blast from the past, you must have some good memories in that gym. Sounds like you had a good time and a great workout.

Love going back to the place where it all began. Hope you had a great time Mr. Dead.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!! Just kidding. I workout on base everyday. There are four gyms to choose from, but the closest to my house is where most dependents train, so sum yapping goes on. But I got to admit, thatr gym has some nice new equipment. (Gammon for anyone familiar with Fort Knox)

hell yea mr dead. the gyms on base are where its at. glad you found a more suitable home for you and the iron

SCORE! It sounds like you've found yourself a great place to workout at Mr. Dead!

Thanks, guys!!! Unfortunately, back in 1991, I didn't have the dedication to the iron that I have now... It was just something to do, when I didn't feel like going out and partying... If I knew then, what I know now.. *L* But I found it odd, that I was the only person in there, lifting... The gym isn't far from the Special Forces compound, and across the street from the AMEDD barracks... But I found out, that there are about 4 other gyms on base, that have all the fancy things, and hotties all around... So, I'll take the quiet and seclusion... My own little Temple of iron...

Mr. Dead
12-07-08, 9:22 pm
So, I took 2 days off, and hit the gym, just a bit ago... I went to my normal gym, as I have an hour drive to get to the one on base... Now, I haven't really hit my back in over a month, and was forced to promise not to go heavy my first time back at it... So... I didn't go "heavy"... But after my first set of lat pull-downs, I got an idea... A wild hair up my ass, you might say... Heh heh heh...

Close grip Lat pull downs
10 sets of 10 at 135
Machine bench press
10 sets of 10 at 135
seated low cable rows
10 sets of 10 at 120
incline db press
10 sets of 10 45lbs per side
Wide grip pull downs
10 sets of 10 at 120
Cable crossovers
10 sets of 10 at 60 per side
Standing calf machine shrugs
1 set of 10 at 215
1 set of 10 at 275
1 set of 10 at 335
Seated calf raise
5 sets of 15 at 135
Ab machine crunches
3 sets of 30 at 100

All reps had a 2 count hold at the contraction... Sipped my mix of Intra Aid and EAA Stack thoughout...

Ragnar13
12-07-08, 9:36 pm
wild Hair up your ass.....damn!!! You won't be able to comb your hair tomorrow LOL

Great volume and hope you enjoyed the first back day in a while. I like the chest/back combo too.

Mr. Dead
12-07-08, 9:40 pm
wild Hair up your ass.....damn!!! You won't be able to comb your hair tomorrow LOL

Great volume and hope you enjoyed the first back day in a while. I like the chest/back combo too.

Thanks!!! *L* I'm already starting to feel the pain... Had some Storm and some Torrent when I got home, and now 2hours later, I'm already stiffening up... But, the pump was mind-blowing...

scals
12-07-08, 10:27 pm
Wow. Thats a ton of volume Mr. Dead. Great work.

firsthorseman97
12-08-08, 6:57 am
That was a ridiculous amount of volume Deadman!!! Embrace the pain from that one!

Hollow
12-08-08, 7:11 am
I just want to say that ain’t cool Mr. Dead! Reading about a workout like that so early on a Monday morning…not cool…I had to read that one twice…and was out of breathe by the time I finished reading it…not cool at all! LMAO!!!

I hope you enjoyed the pump on that session Mr. Dead! You certainly found a great way around the idea of not going “heavy”. Outstanding work…now I’ve got to rest a bit…

Mr. Dead
12-08-08, 10:59 am
That was a ridiculous amount of volume Deadman!!! Embrace the pain from that one!

I just want to say that ain’t cool Mr. Dead! Reading about a workout like that so early on a Monday morning…not cool…I had to read that one twice…and was out of breathe by the time I finished reading it…not cool at all! LMAO!!!

I hope you enjoyed the pump on that session Mr. Dead! You certainly found a great way around the idea of not going “heavy”. Outstanding work…now I’ve got to rest a bit…

Wow. Thats a ton of volume Mr. Dead. Great work.

Thanks!!! I'm paying for it, today... But, the good news is that it's a normal tolerable pain, and not further damage... Been popping BCAA's and Uni Liver, and that seems to help some...

Tonight it's arms and delts, over at the base gym...

B Con
12-08-08, 12:37 pm
Everytime I flood my system with BCAAs I know MD is doing the same haha

Mr. Dead
12-08-08, 12:40 pm
Everytime I flood my system with BCAAs I know MD is doing the same haha

They work, though, don't they...? *L*

Toni69
12-08-08, 12:43 pm
So, I took 2 days off, and hit the gym, just a bit ago... I went to my normal gym, as I have an hour drive to get to the one on base... Now, I haven't really hit my back in over a month, and was forced to promise not to go heavy my first time back at it... So... I didn't go "heavy"... But after my first set of lat pull-downs, I got an idea... A wild hair up my ass, you might say... Heh heh heh...

Close grip Lat pull downs
10 sets of 10 at 135
Machine bench press
10 sets of 10 at 135
seated low cable rows
10 sets of 10 at 120
incline db press
10 sets of 10 45lbs per side
Wide grip pull downs
10 sets of 10 at 120
Cable crossovers
10 sets of 10 at 60 per side
Standing calf machine shrugs
1 set of 10 at 215
1 set of 10 at 275
1 set of 10 at 335
Seated calf raise
5 sets of 15 at 135
Ab machine crunches
3 sets of 30 at 100

All reps had a 2 count hold at the contraction... Sipped my mix of Intra Aid and EAA Stack thoughout...

chest and back is no joke together and its actually one of my all time favorite ways to train too...awesome work! if you wanna take this up a notch..I can surely throw you a kickass chest/back wo that will literally put you out for the count..if your down with that sorta thing..;) I am! ;)

Mr. Dead
12-08-08, 12:45 pm
chest and back is no joke together and its actually one of my all time favorite ways to train too...awesome work! if you wanna take this up a notch..I can surely throw you a kickass chest/back wo that will literally put you out for the count..if your down with that sorta thing..;) I am! ;)

I'm always down for something new, and torturous... Especially since these are my 2 worst areas...

Hoomgar
12-08-08, 2:19 pm
It's a shame the base gym is so far away bro. Sounds awesome!

So on that last workout, the one with even more volume than usual? What was that, about 3 hours!!!!???? LOL!

Keep it rolling bro, good to see you back at it with such intensity.

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-08-08, 5:28 pm
It's a shame the base gym is so far away bro. Sounds awesome!

So on that last workout, the one with even more volume than usual? What was that, about 3 hours!!!!???? LOL!

Keep it rolling bro, good to see you back at it with such intensity.

Hg

The gym I'm paying for, is about half that distance from home... Actually, the whole thing took an hour and a half... Short rest periods, no waiting for equipment, and didn't want to miss dinner... I'm now in a position to have to play "catch up", before I start my pre-contest prep...

Hoomgar
12-09-08, 9:44 am
The gym I'm paying for, is about half that distance from home... Actually, the whole thing took an hour and a half... Short rest periods, no waiting for equipment, and didn't want to miss dinner... I'm now in a position to have to play "catch up", before I start my pre-contest prep...

Play "catch up" smart though bro. You know what I'm saying. Don't get sloppy with the weights, let the healing finish. No more injuries for you. You got goals...

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-09-08, 10:55 am
Play "catch up" smart though bro. You know what I'm saying. Don't get sloppy with the weights, let the healing finish. No more injuries for you. You got goals...

Hg

Form never suffers... With the amount of volume I do, that would be asking for an injury in no time flat...

Mr. Dead
12-09-08, 11:21 am
Later on, I'll post my bi/tri workout... Along with a funny story, that us "elder statesmen" can truly appreciate...

Mr. Dead
12-09-08, 1:08 pm
Okay... Last night was bi's and tri's over at the "Dungeon" on base... There were a couple of people there, but not enough to have to wait on anything... (It was pretty much literally only a couple of people...) But... Do you ever get that feeling that you're being watched...? Sized up...? Well, my Deadman sense was tingling on overdrive... Or was it the beta alanine...? Anyhow... I noticed this fairly good sized kid keep sliding his eyeballs towards me, while he was on the seated dip machine... So... Whatchu gonna do, but wait a bit...? It became obvious that he was quite sure he was outlifting the "old man" in the gym... So... I took the bait... I noticed it was one of the few machines that still had the numbers for how much weight on it... He finished up at 300... Half chuckling to myself, I didn't change the weight, and popped out 10 reps... Then dropped it down another 20 lbs... Then, another set and dropped it another 20 lbs... And, finally another set of 6 at 380... The young man shook his head, and wandered out the door... (BTW, that 380 was a PR...)

firsthorseman97
12-09-08, 1:14 pm
Great story MD. Congrats on the PR! Nice to know you still got it at your age! LOL! J/K!

Mr. Dead
12-09-08, 1:19 pm
Great story MD. Congrats on the PR! Nice to know you still got it at your age! LOL! J/K!

*L* Thanks... It's that particular mentality that kept me from training on base, before... But, I was feelin' froggy...

Hollow
12-09-08, 1:26 pm
First off, congrats on the PR Mr. Deadman!!! Secondly, aren’t we suppose to set an example for the younger…ah who am I kidding, score one for the good guys!!!

Mr. Dead
12-09-08, 3:02 pm
First off, congrats on the PR Mr. Deadman!!! Secondly, aren’t we suppose to set an example for the younger…ah who am I kidding, score one for the good guys!!!

Thanks!!! Sad thing is, I think I could have gotten 400 for at least 6, but didn't want to run the risk of re-injury...

Hoomgar
12-09-08, 4:21 pm
Okay... Last night was bi's and tri's over at the "Dungeon" on base... There were a couple of people there, but not enough to have to wait on anything... (It was pretty much literally only a couple of people...) But... Do you ever get that feeling that you're being watched...? Sized up...? Well, my Deadman sense was tingling on overdrive... Or was it the beta alanine...? Anyhow... I noticed this fairly good sized kid keep sliding his eyeballs towards me, while he was on the seated dip machine... So... Whatchu gonna do, but wait a bit...? It became obvious that he was quite sure he was outlifting the "old man" in the gym... So... I took the bait... I noticed it was one of the few machines that still had the numbers for how much weight on it... He finished up at 300... Half chuckling to myself, I didn't change the weight, and popped out 10 reps... Then dropped it down another 20 lbs... Then, another set and dropped it another 20 lbs... And, finally another set of 6 at 380... The young man shook his head, and wandered out the door... (BTW, that 380 was a PR...)

Sometimes you gotta school um d-man. If they wont show the respect that they should, then simply take it!

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-09-08, 5:32 pm
Sometimes you gotta school um d-man. If they wont show the respect that they should, then simply take it!

Hg

I prefer to just be left alone, in my iron temple... But, a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do when push comes to shove... Tonight is strictly delts, and I'm goin' with the "I'm not here to talk" shirt...

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 9:37 am
I prefer to just be left alone, in my iron temple... But, a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do when push comes to shove... Tonight is strictly delts, and I'm goin' with the "I'm not here to talk" shirt...

Ha ha! Good choice :)

Mr. Dead
12-10-08, 11:44 am
I never made it to the gym... I had a workout of my least favorite sort... My last patient of the day decided to code on me... I got the dreaded "CPR workout... 30 minutes straight of chest compressions, while we waited for assistance to arrive... Even in a hospital, it takes the EMT's and Code Team to get their stuff together, and wheel a gurney down the halls from the other end of a crowded hospital... Today, I'm spent, physically and mentally... But it's all in a day's work, and it's what I've been told I'm good at...

Hollow
12-10-08, 11:52 am
It may be your job but my hat is off to you Mr. Dead!

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 12:05 pm
I never made it to the gym... I had a workout of my least favorite sort... My last patient of the day decided to code on me... I got the dreaded "CPR workout... 30 minutes straight of chest compressions, while we waited for assistance to arrive... Even in a hospital, it takes the EMT's and Code Team to get their stuff together, and wheel a gurney down the halls from the other end of a crowded hospital... Today, I'm spent, physically and mentally... But it's all in a day's work, and it's what I've been told I'm good at...

Priorities bro. Your work puts other peoples lives ahead of your workouts, this is correct...

Rest up!

Mr. Dead
12-10-08, 1:37 pm
Priorities bro. Your work puts other peoples lives ahead of your workouts, this is correct...

Rest up!

I'm just glad that I was able to help...

scals
12-10-08, 1:42 pm
I'm just glad that I was able to help...

That's awesome Mr. Dead. Saving people is no joke and you're able to do it.

Ragnar13
12-10-08, 1:49 pm
Deadman, the CPR is no joke. Didn't do it for real, but we did the two man for 45 minutes on the dummy. Sweat was dripping and muscles were on fire......

Anyway, job well done my friend. Someone gets to enjoy another day because of an Animal.

Mr. Dead
12-10-08, 2:50 pm
That's awesome Mr. Dead. Saving people is no joke and you're able to do it.

Deadman, the CPR is no joke. Didn't do it for real, but we did the two man for 45 minutes on the dummy. Sweat was dripping and muscles were on fire......

Anyway, job well done my friend. Someone gets to enjoy another day because of an Animal.

Thanks guys, just doing my job... But my muscles and mind were seriously spent, afterwards...

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 11:34 am
Nothing exciting, yesterday... Took a rest day, and recharged the batteries... Tonight will be that strictly delt session that I was going to hit the other night...

Hollow
12-11-08, 11:55 am
Hitting delts after a day of rest...man oh man, I pity your delts tonight!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 11:56 am
Hitting delts after a day of rest...man oh man, I pity your delts tonight!

And, I'm off from work, tomorrow... So I have no excuse to not punish my puny delts...

B Con
12-11-08, 12:08 pm
And, I'm off from work, tomorrow... So I have no excuse to not punish my puny delts...

Big round cannonballs on the way!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 12:11 pm

*L* And the inability to lift my arms, tomorrow!!!

B Con
12-11-08, 12:12 pm

That's even better. Get one of those super long crazy twisted straws to drink with.

Hollow
12-11-08, 12:14 pm

...and you're off of work tomorrow!?!? I hope you don't have anything you need in the upper cupboards because after tonight I have strong feeling your arms will not be able to be raised above shoulder height!

Enjoy your day off tomorrow Mr. Dead...lol...recovering!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 12:28 pm
...and you're off of work tomorrow!?!? I hope you don't have anything you need in the upper cupboards because after tonight I have strong feeling your arms will not be able to be raised above shoulder height!

Enjoy your day off tomorrow Mr. Dead...lol...recovering!

Recovering and watching Batman!!!

Hollow
12-11-08, 12:54 pm
Recovering and watching Batman!!!

Ah sweet! Enjoy and don't forget the snacks!!!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 12:55 pm
Ah sweet! Enjoy and don't forget the snacks!!!

I'll be sippin' on some EAA Stack, throughout the day, and munchin' on sandwiches...

Hollow
12-11-08, 1:09 pm
I'll be sippin' on some EAA Stack, throughout the day, and munchin' on sandwiches...

<...Best Homer Simpson voice...> Mmmmm...sandwiches!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 1:12 pm
<...Best Homer Simpson voice...> Mmmmm...sandwiches!

PB & J, or PB and Honey...

firsthorseman97
12-11-08, 1:22 pm
PB & J, or PB and Honey...

I believe the answer should be.... BOTH!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 1:23 pm
I believe the answer should be.... BOTH!

Exactly... And I forgot... PB and Banana Sandwiches...

firsthorseman97
12-11-08, 1:27 pm

I just downed a couple Natty PB & J, but now I think I'll have Natty PB & Banana tomorrow. Mmmmmmmmmm. Thanks!

Hollow
12-11-08, 1:30 pm

Now we're talking!!!

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 1:53 pm
Dial up hell ensures the workouts will be where they need to be. Smash your delts bro. Sounds like a good weekend of movie time and eats comin up ;)

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 1:56 pm
Dial up hell ensures the workouts will be where they need to be. Smash your delts bro. Sounds like a good weekend of movie time and eats comin up ;)

As long as I don't get snowed in... *L*

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 2:07 pm
As long as I don't get snowed in... *L*

Even more workout *L*

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 3:36 pm
Even more workout *L*

It would have to be one of my lumberjack workouts, then... *L*

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 3:41 pm
It would have to be one of my lumberjack workouts, then... *L*

I was talking about shoveling snow d-man! Get yo mind out da gutter! *L*

Ragnar13
12-11-08, 3:44 pm
Ya know, every single time I hit shoulders real hard one year it freaking snowed that night and I was absolutley worthless trying to shovel out the driveway. Northeast PA gets some snow!!!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 4:03 pm
I was talking about shoveling snow d-man! Get yo mind out da gutter! *L*

I was talking chainsaws, axes, spikes, and sledgehammers... *L* There ain't no snow shoveling... That tears up the driveway...

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 4:05 pm
Ya know, every single time I hit shoulders real hard one year it freaking snowed that night and I was absolutley worthless trying to shovel out the driveway. Northeast PA gets some snow!!!

*L* I'm fortunate that I don't have to shovel snow... Besides snow only lasts about a day, here... Then it rains... But this time, they're talking about temps in the low 20's and teens till Christmas...

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 4:14 pm
I was talking chainsaws, axes, spikes, and sledgehammers... *L* There ain't no snow shoveling... That tears up the driveway...

Man she sure does put you to work doesn't she? :D

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 4:30 pm
Man she sure does put you to work doesn't she? :D

*L* I'm not touching that one... She pops in here, on occasion...

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 4:55 pm

Sorry bro, wasn't trying to set you up, really... LOL!

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 4:56 pm
Sorry bro, wasn't trying to set you up, really... LOL!

*L* It's all good, and besides a little danger never hurt anybody... (BTW, I'll be lookin' for someone's guest room to hide out in... *L*)

Hollow
12-11-08, 10:00 pm

Wise choice...very wise!

Mr. Dead
12-13-08, 6:58 pm
Wise choice...very wise!

I call it survival... *L*

Mr. Dead
12-13-08, 7:04 pm
Thursday night was delts, over at the base dungeon... It was a bit of a different experience for me, doing only shoulders for a workout... (I've never done one, just dedicated to delts...)

Side laterals:
20 lb each side
5 sets of 15
Front raises:
15 lb each side
5 sets of 15
Reverse cable crossovers:
2 sets of 10 at 50 per side
1 set of 10 at 60 per side
Seated press
4 sets of 15 at 90
Seated lateral machine
4 sets of 10 at 90
Standing calf machine shrugs:
1 set of 15 at 210
1 set of 10 at 255
2 sets of 10 at 300

Next session I plan on throwing in some Arnold presses...

scals
12-13-08, 7:32 pm
Nice delt session Mr. Dead.

Ragnar13
12-14-08, 10:26 am
Sweet shoulder work! For years I always did shoulders as an afterthought....ya know like on chest day. I spent about 5 weeks giving them their own day and it made a huge difference. Now I hit shoulders and triceps the same day and it is probably the best combo I have tried.....

By the way, you should be real sore right now..lol

Hollow
12-15-08, 9:10 am
That was a solid shoulder session Mr. Dead! Your shoulders must have been fried after that session!

Throwing in the Arnold Presses next session would be another great movement in your line up. Will we be seeing more stand alone shoulder workouts in the future Mr. Dead?

Mr. Dead
12-15-08, 11:39 am
Nice delt session Mr. Dead.

Sweet shoulder work! For years I always did shoulders as an afterthought....ya know like on chest day. I spent about 5 weeks giving them their own day and it made a huge difference. Now I hit shoulders and triceps the same day and it is probably the best combo I have tried.....

By the way, you should be real sore right now..lol

That was a solid shoulder session Mr. Dead! Your shoulders must have been fried after that session!

Throwing in the Arnold Presses next session would be another great movement in your line up. Will we be seeing more stand alone shoulder workouts in the future Mr. Dead?

Thanks, guys!!! And, yes, this will become a regular thing... I've been blessed with wide clavicles, but cursed with a wide hip structure, so I'm working on creating that taper effect, and this is the best way I can think of... And, I'll be trying to nail down my form on those Arnold presses, before I can get some serious poundage going...

Mr. Dead
12-15-08, 11:49 am
Okay... I grew up in the Midwest, and am a bit more used to snow and cold weather, than a lot of people up here, in Washington State... But it's frickin' cold out!!! 9 degrees makes for a cold time... Normally we get cold weather for 1 or 2 days, if it snows, the rain washes it away... Nope, not this week!!! It won't get above freezing, and more snow is on the way, for Wednesday and Thursday...

On a better note, though... Igor and Mozart really enjoyed ther first real snow, and I got a lTON of cardio romping with them... *L*

Hollow
12-15-08, 11:54 am
Looks like our weather got switched Mr. Dead!?!? It’s flipping raining here and it’s very mild. Saturday night when we left my wife’s sister’s place we were driving home in a snow storm. Now it’s been raining ever since we got home. Trade yeah!

Great form of cardio!

LittleMan55
12-15-08, 12:00 pm
Great delt work MD! How much longer you have on the bulk?

Hoomgar
12-15-08, 12:00 pm
Thursday night was delts, over at the base dungeon... It was a bit of a different experience for me, doing only shoulders for a workout... (I've never done one, just dedicated to delts...)

Side laterals:
20 lb each side
5 sets of 15
Front raises:
15 lb each side
5 sets of 15
Reverse cable crossovers:
2 sets of 10 at 50 per side
1 set of 10 at 60 per side
Seated press
4 sets of 15 at 90
Seated lateral machine
4 sets of 10 at 90
Standing calf machine shrugs:
1 set of 15 at 210
1 set of 10 at 255
2 sets of 10 at 300

Next session I plan on throwing in some Arnold presses...

Nice work bro. It's always great to switch it up with something completely new. A delts only day. Gotta build the shoulders.

Okay... I grew up in the Midwest, and am a bit more used to snow and cold weather, than a lot of people up here, in Washington State... But it's frickin' cold out!!! 9 degrees makes for a cold time... Normally we get cold weather for 1 or 2 days, if it snows, the rain washes it away... Nope, not this week!!! It won't get above freezing, and more snow is on the way, for Wednesday and Thursday...

On a better note, though... Igor and Mozart really enjoyed ther first real snow, and I got a lTON of cardio romping with them... *L*

Canine Cardio FTW!

Mr. Dead
12-15-08, 12:19 pm
Great delt work MD! How much longer you have on the bulk?

Thanks!!! Just under a month, but I'm putting the brakes on a bit, as I really frickin' hate cardio... *L*

Mr. Dead
12-15-08, 12:20 pm
Looks like our weather got switched Mr. Dead!?!? It’s flipping raining here and it’s very mild. Saturday night when we left my wife’s sister’s place we were driving home in a snow storm. Now it’s been raining ever since we got home. Trade yeah!

Great form of cardio!

*L* Even though I'm freezing my nether regions off, I'll keep the snow, until the boys are done enjoying it...

Mr. Dead
12-15-08, 12:21 pm
Nice work bro. It's always great to switch it up with something completely new. A delts only day. Gotta build the shoulders.

Canine Cardio FTW!

Thanks... Just working on that taper illusion... *L* And, the boys are making sure I get my cardio in, one way, or another... *L*

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 11:14 am
Due to the cold weather, (It got down to 5 degrees, last night...) I started off with some stretching and 7 min on the dreadmill... But here's how the rest went down...

Legs:
4 sets of 20 at 105
Squats:
1 set of 20 at 120
1 set of 15 at 160
1 set of 10 at 200
1 set of 5 at 300
1 set of 100 at 80 (The set I owed NG for saying "jammies" on the FORVM...)
Leg press:
1 set of 30 at 270
1 set of 20 at 360
1 set of 15 at 450
1 set of 10 at 540
1 set of 10 at 810 (Getting closer to being back in the 4 digits...)
Leg extensions:
1 set of 20 at 105
1 set of 15 at 120
1 set of 10 at 135
1 set of 8 at 180
2 sets of 5 at 210
1 set of 100 at 75
Lying leg curls:
1 set of 20 at 50
1 set of 15 at 60
1 set of 10 at 70
1 set of 10 at 90
4 drop sets at 10 each
Standing calf raise:
1 set of 30 at 195
1 set of 15 at 255
1 set of 10 at 310
1 set of 10 at 370
1 set of 100 at 175
Seated calf:
5 sets of 15 at 180
Abs:
And, the obligatory Puppy Power Walks... (Almost more like drag or sledding... *L*)

Hoomgar
12-16-08, 11:42 am
Man bro, nice and heavy with high reps and volume to boot! Your growing a monster!
You better be eating?

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 11:46 am
Man bro, nice and heavy with high reps and volume to boot! Your growing a monster!
You better be eating?

Hg

Thanks!!! I'm hoping to get legs like Hola's, one day... I've only scaled back the eating on my off days, so far...

Hollow
12-16-08, 11:52 am
You better be eating?

Hg

X2! I'm glad I read this before I ate my lunch because I think I would have lost it! Great work Mr. Dead!

Enjoy the temps!!!

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 11:54 am
X2! I'm glad I read this before I ate my lunch because I think I would have lost it! Great work Mr. Dead!

Enjoy the temps!!!

*L* Thanks!!! Due to the cold weather, my meals stayed intact, so there's at least one good thing about it... And... We're supposed to get 5 more inches of snow, between tonight and tomorrow...

firsthorseman97
12-16-08, 12:08 pm
I really like how you mix it up, heavy and volume. You put in some serious work and it shows. Keep killin' it MD!

Hollow
12-16-08, 12:13 pm
*L* Thanks!!! Due to the cold weather, my meals stayed intact, so there's at least one good thing about it... And... We're supposed to get 5 more inches of snow, between tonight and tomorrow...

Well it looks like our weather is on the same page as yours. We're suppose to get our snow over night here which means cardio in the morning...shovelling!

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 1:03 pm
Well it looks like our weather is on the same page as yours. We're suppose to get our snow over night here which means cardio in the morning...shovelling!

I'm not allowed to shovel, anymore... I started getting pieces of the driveway... So, now, we just use salt...

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 1:04 pm
I really like how you mix it up, heavy and volume. You put in some serious work and it shows. Keep killin' it MD!

Thanks!!! It's an addiction that I have no intention of stopping... *L*

Hollow
12-16-08, 1:16 pm
I'm not allowed to shovel, anymore... I started getting pieces of the driveway... So, now, we just use salt...

You’re suppose to take your frustrations out on the iron…not the driveway…lol!

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 1:19 pm
You’re suppose to take your frustrations out on the iron…not the driveway…lol!

It was more of a case of... "Grog good with shovel... Grog will shovel lots of snow quickly... Grog hit ice... Grog smash puny ice and Grog will shovel... Uh 0h... Grog in trouble... Wife person usually nice to Grog... Wife person now yelling at Grog... Wife person say Grog broke driveway... Grog must flee for Grog's life..."

Hoomgar
12-16-08, 1:19 pm

We are getting it right now as I type.

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 1:21 pm
We are getting it right now as I type.

I generally don't mind cold weather, if there's a decent amount of snow involved... But currently, there's only 2 inches...

Hollow
12-16-08, 1:27 pm
It was more of a case of... "Grog good with shovel... Grog will shovel lots of snow quickly... Grog hit ice... Grog smash puny ice and Grog will shovel... Uh 0h... Grog in trouble... Wife person usually nice to Grog... Wife person now yelling at Grog... Wife person say Grog broke driveway... Grog must flee for Grog's life..."

LMAO...not good...making wife mad...not good at!

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 1:28 pm
LMAO...not good...making wife mad...not good at!

That was a true event... When I go into caveman mode, she refers to me as Grog... *L*

Mr. Dead
12-17-08, 5:30 pm
Well... Last night started out to be a back session, but Mother Nature interfered... I got changed into my gear, and started to head out to the weights, when I get informed that due to the fast approaching storm, they were shutting down... So, I grabbed my bag and headed homeward... Ate a good meal... And saw the beginning of the snow... I woke up this morning to 4 inches of glistening snow, and it was still coming down hard and fast... I currently have 6 inches of snow, and the weather person said we should top out at around 8 inches... So, I am home in dial-up hell... *L*

However, that is not my excuse to avoid building my muscles... I've gotten in 2 good 45 minute sessions of romping in the snow with the boys... I've done 3 sets of push-ups to utter failure... And I've still got some dumbells laying around, to use later, tonight...

As of January 15th, I will be hitting my prep in earnest...

Hoomgar
12-17-08, 6:19 pm
You gotta bend with the wind or it knocks you down bro...

Good stuff d-man, getting it done however you can.

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-17-08, 6:24 pm
You gotta bend with the wind or it knocks you down bro...

Good stuff d-man, getting it done however you can.

Hg

Thanks!!! Just doing what I need to do, with what I have...

Hoomgar
12-17-08, 6:34 pm
Thanks!!! Just doing what I need to do, with what I have...

Thats what separates those that do from those that would...

Mr. Dead
12-17-08, 6:39 pm
Thats what separates those that do from those that would...

That, and I also hold myself accountable for my action or inaction...

Hollow
12-17-08, 8:23 pm
You have a great mindset and determination to succeed Mr. Dead!!!

Toni69
12-17-08, 8:32 pm
Well... Last night started out to be a back session, but Mother Nature interfered... I got changed into my gear, and started to head out to the weights, when I get informed that due to the fast approaching storm, they were shutting down... So, I grabbed my bag and headed homeward... Ate a good meal... And saw the beginning of the snow... I woke up this morning to 4 inches of glistening snow, and it was still coming down hard and fast... I currently have 6 inches of snow, and the weather person said we should top out at around 8 inches... So, I am home in dial-up hell... *L*

However, that is not my excuse to avoid building my muscles... I've gotten in 2 good 45 minute sessions of romping in the snow with the boys... I've done 3 sets of push-ups to utter failure... And I've still got some dumbells laying around, to use later, tonight...

As of January 15th, I will be hitting my prep in earnest...

yea I mean stuff like this happens and you know what..its not even a block in the road. I think its just a sign saying take the day off and make use of it in a way that you dont feel its wasted...and you surely didnt here. You still did some work and spent time with your boys (Im assuming the boys mean your boys?) in the snow and we dont always get that extra time to just be "free" with ourselves and really have fun just being YOU in your own skin cause let's face it, training is fun but its work. Its nice to see you took that time and did the guy thing with your boys..some would have passed out on the couch or whatever...

good on you man. Def respect there.

atrain11b
12-17-08, 10:10 pm
1 set of 100 at 80 (The set I owed NG for saying "jammies" on the FORVM...)

Serves you right!

And, the obligatory Puppy Power Walks... (Almost more like drag or sledding... *L*)

Awesome leg day all across the board. Glad to see your still going with that pup.

B Con
12-18-08, 9:17 am
I laughed at the thought of you dog sledding hahaha It's that time of the year though... hope you were at least able to have a good off day!

Ragnar13
12-18-08, 10:29 am
Yo Deadman!!!

When you mean your prep starts on the 15th, you don't mean your prep for the Iditarod?

Get the puppies in shape!

Rage
12-18-08, 10:58 am
...set of 100 with 80...after all those previous sets...major lactic acid build up...thats some tough shit right there...great leg workout bro...definitely a big workload..

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 11:42 am
You have a great mindset and determination to succeed Mr. Dead!!!

Thanks!!! I'm just doin' what NEEDS to be done... Today I'll be hittin' bi's and tri's...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 11:46 am
yea I mean stuff like this happens and you know what..its not even a block in the road. I think its just a sign saying take the day off and make use of it in a way that you dont feel its wasted...and you surely didnt here. You still did some work and spent time with your boys (Im assuming the boys mean your boys?) in the snow and we dont always get that extra time to just be "free" with ourselves and really have fun just being YOU in your own skin cause let's face it, training is fun but its work. Its nice to see you took that time and did the guy thing with your boys..some would have passed out on the couch or whatever...

good on you man. Def respect there.

Thank you, very much!!! And, yes, I spent time with my "boys" Igor and Mozart... They're my "children", as we don't have human ones of our own... It was a total blast, especially since I'm a big kid at heart... *L* Besides, anymore when I decide to "veg", I get more antsy than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 11:48 am
Serves you right!

Awesome leg day all across the board. Glad to see your still going with that pup.

*L* I had to atone for my sin... And, leg day is always my fave... I'm a definite addict... And, my pup can't be allowed to get flabby...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 11:55 am
I laughed at the thought of you dog sledding hahaha It's that time of the year though... hope you were at least able to have a good off day!

It's their first snow, since they were very very little... They've been extremely excited about it, and have drug me and dd2inxs across the snow... *L*

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 11:57 am
Yo Deadman!!!

When you mean your prep starts on the 15th, you don't mean your prep for the Iditarod?

Get the puppies in shape!

No problemo... On the 15th the weighted vest comes out, again... *L* And I've actually thought about training the boys for the weighted pulling events...

Hollow
12-18-08, 11:59 am
It's their first snow, since they were very very little... They've been extremely excited about it, and have drug me and dd2inxs across the snow... *L*

Sled dogs in the making...sweet!

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 12:00 pm
...set of 100 with 80...after all those previous sets...major lactic acid build up...thats some tough shit right there...great leg workout bro...definitely a big workload..

You ain't kidding... But, that was the set I owed NG, for saying "jammies" on here... *L* But the pain was exquisite, and afterwards I felt my eyes start to roll back, and things were a little off kilter for a few minutes...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 12:01 pm
Sled dogs in the making...sweet!

*L* I need to get them their own Animal gear...

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 12:06 pm
But the pain was exquisite, and afterwards I felt my eyes start to roll back, and things were a little off kilter for a few minutes...

Oh, they are pretty, and there is so many of them...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 12:36 pm
Oh, they are pretty, and there is so many of them...

*LMAO!!!* How true...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 12:44 pm
Well, I woke up this morning and looked outside... This has got to be a dream... It looked like a snowglobe outside... So, I got some layers on, and trudged out into the snow... Igor had important big "business" to do... The snow was up to the middle of my shins... My little Toyota Yaris would need a plow on on the front and back to get anywhere... So, since we're a little low on supplies, I'm going to put on the 30 lb vest, and make the walk to the little grocery store in town... It's a mile each way, so I won't be taking Igor (That and the fact that he would have to sit outside in the cold...) There will still be the obligatory romping in the snow with the boys, though... Also, I'll be using the DB's, hitting some chair dips, and dusting off my posing skills (It's never too early to start working on that...) I think it would be extremely cool if Animal did a video on posing...

LittleMan55
12-18-08, 12:51 pm
Way to make due MD. Getting the cardio in with the walk to the store I see. Have fun playing in the snow with your dogs.

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 12:54 pm
Way to make due MD. Getting the cardio in with the walk to the store I see. Have fun playing in the snow with your dogs.

Thanks!!! I figure it's a good way to turn a negative into a positive... *L* And no worries about having fun with the boys...

Hollow
12-18-08, 1:03 pm
Have a blast enjoying your winter wonderland Mr. Dead! The walk to the store shouldn’t be too bad but I can imagine what the walk back would be like…loaded down with groceries…you’re going to working up quite a sweat.

We are suppose to get hit with a major storm tonight so I am loading up with whatever supplies are running low because you just never know…could be a snow day which would also mean a long weekend! Good thing the gym is in walking distance for me…wait a minute…tomorrow’s leg day…wooowhooo!

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 1:09 pm
Have a blast enjoying your winter wonderland Mr. Dead! The walk to the store shouldn’t be too bad but I can imagine what the walk back would be like…loaded down with groceries…you’re going to working up quite a sweat.

We are suppose to get hit with a major storm tonight so I am loading up with whatever supplies are running low because you just never know…could be a snow day which would also mean a long weekend! Good thing the gym is in walking distance for me…wait a minute…tomorrow’s leg day…wooowhooo!

Always be prepared... And, I don't envy your legs, on the walk back from the gym, tomorrow and the day after...

Hollow
12-18-08, 1:21 pm
Always be prepared... And, I don't envy your legs, on the walk back from the gym, tomorrow and the day after...

I’ll be walking if we get hit with what the weather people are calling for otherwise I will drive. I couldn’t imagine walking after your last leg session Mr. Dead!!!

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 1:24 pm
I’ll be walking if we get hit with what the weather people are calling for otherwise I will drive. I couldn’t imagine walking after your last leg session Mr. Dead!!!

*L* After leg days, I'm walking like Golum from Lord of the Rings... Everyone asks me if I found "my Precious"...

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 1:31 pm
Why do I keep hearing Bing Crosby in here?

Hollow
12-18-08, 1:33 pm

Hey is that Danny Kaye I just saw!?!?

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 2:07 pm
Stop shaking the globe! Your making me sick!!!

LOL!

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 2:17 pm

Hey is that Danny Kaye I just saw!?!?

Stop shaking the globe! Your making me sick!!!

LOL!

*L* It's almost going to be "The Year Without A Santa Claus"... Snow Miser is laying it down hard... (It's still snowing, and won't get above freezing, and will snow some more sunday, monday, Wednesday, and thursday...) There's a couple of days where the high is going to be 11...

Hollow
12-18-08, 2:19 pm
*L* It's almost going to be "The Year Without A Santa Claus"... Snow Miser is laying it down hard... (It's still snowing, and won't get above freezing, and will snow some more sunday, monday, Wednesday, and thursday...) There's a couple of days where the high is going to be 11...

Woooowhoooooo! Break out the sleds! Time to have fun!

Firedrake
12-18-08, 2:19 pm
*L* After leg days, I'm walking like Golum from Lord of the Rings... Everyone asks me if I found "my Precious"...

You did, only they're called "Quads". They'll be good for plowing through all that snow.

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 2:21 pm

There goes Bing again, you hear that? Hey deadman, you chopped all that wood earlier this year, lets make a big bonfire and melt all this snow! You got the matches?

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 2:30 pm
There goes Bing again, you hear that? Hey deadman, you chopped all that wood earlier this year, lets make a big bonfire and melt all this snow! You got the matches?

*L* I don't want the boys to be mad at me for making their snow go away... But, I've definitely been keeping the wood stove cranking...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 2:32 pm
Woooowhoooooo! Break out the sleds! Time to have fun!

Unfortunately, 4 towns over... (Where I work...) They only have 2 inches and are getting snotty about me not coming in... I'm up to almost 9 inches and the snow is still falling... (At least I have pictures that can back me up... If I can ever get them developed...)

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 2:33 pm
*L* I don't want the boys to be mad at me for making their snow go away... But, I've definitely been keeping the wood stove cranking...

But of course! Because after all, it's an opportunity to play with matches :D

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 2:36 pm
But of course! Because after all, it's an opportunity to play with matches :D

*In my impeccable Beavis and Butthead voices...* Heh heh... Yeah... FIRE!!! Fire rules...

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 2:45 pm
*In my impeccable Beavis and Butthead voices...* Heh heh... Yeah... FIRE!!! Fire rules...

Uh huh uh huh, hey Beavis, why do you think they call them "barn burners"?

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 2:54 pm
Uh huh uh huh, hey Beavis, why do you think they call them "barn burners"?

Heh heh... Yeah!!! Barn burners are cool...!!!

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 4:23 pm
A jumbled history of me, and random thoughts...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=22517

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 4:34 pm
A jumbled history of me, and random thoughts...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=22517

Long time coming on that one bro...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 4:46 pm
Long time coming on that one bro...

I had to think a bit on that one...

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 4:48 pm
I had to think a bit on that one...

What? On the thread or on what I meant by my post?

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 4:55 pm
What? On the thread or on what I meant by my post?

*L* On the thread... I wasn't sure if I REALLY wanted to take that close of a look at my life...

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 4:57 pm
*L* On the thread... I wasn't sure if I REALLY wanted to take that close of a look at my life...

Ha! Good choice then bro. Face the music and lets get this going! <-- thats my approach these days...

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 5:01 pm
Ha! Good choice then bro. Face the music and lets get this going! <-- thats my approach these days...

*L* Mine's either Git-R-Done!!! Total accountability... Or... Thingies are cool... Heh heh heh....

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 8:52 pm
Okay... I'm about finished with the snow now... It can leave any time... We're up to a foot now... *L* I'm goin stir crazy and getting cabin fever, already... But, I'm also able to get in a lot of ab work... And posing practice...

B Con
12-19-08, 8:45 am

I feel that same way a lot .... prolly why I haven't posted in mine as much... gonna be some rants coming up though

Hollow
12-19-08, 9:11 am
Okay... I'm about finished with the snow now... It can leave any time... We're up to a foot now... *L* I'm goin stir crazy and getting cabin fever, already... But, I'm also able to get in a lot of ab work... And posing practice...

Woooowhoooo! Finally got our storm going here!

Mr. Dead
12-19-08, 12:31 pm
I feel that same way a lot .... prolly why I haven't posted in mine as much... gonna be some rants coming up though

I realized that I've had some experiences in my 40 years on this planet, and I decided I needed a reminder of where I came from, and I hope maybe others might be able to take something away from them, as well...

Woooowhoooo! Finally got our storm going here!

We're up to a foot, now... And the air is so crisp and cold that it burns... I get to make another trek to the grocery store, today, and hope they still have anything left...

Hoomgar
12-19-08, 12:45 pm
Well at least you are getting plenty of exercise in during the bad weather d-man :)

Hg

Hollow
12-19-08, 12:46 pm
I just realized something as I looked outside as the snow seems to be falling at an ever increasing rate and the winds have picked up driving the snow at you…there is strong possibility I may have to walk to the gym…it’s all down hill to the gym…which means…crap…it’s all uphill after I am done at the gym! I’m bringing some food with me for added fuel.

Mr. Dead
12-19-08, 12:50 pm
I just realized something as I looked outside as the snow seems to be falling at an ever increasing rate and the winds have picked up driving the snow at you…there is strong possibility I may have to walk to the gym…it’s all down hill to the gym…which means…crap…it’s all uphill after I am done at the gym! I’m bringing some food with me for added fuel.

I don't envy that walk... At least you're being prepared in the body fuel department... But, you could consider the walk back PWO cardio... And good on ya for not being deterred by the weather!!!

Hollow
12-19-08, 1:00 pm
I thought about that, the walk home being PWO cardio but I think the real cardio will begin once I get home, grab the boys and head out for some tobogganing!!!

Hoomgar
12-19-08, 1:14 pm

LOL! And some hot coffee!!!!

Hollow
12-19-08, 1:33 pm
LOL! And some hot coffee!!!!

Spike it with a shot of Shock Therapy!!!

Mr. Dead
12-19-08, 1:37 pm
Spike it with a shot of Shock Therapy!!!

Intra Aid might mix better... *L*

Mr. Dead
12-19-08, 1:38 pm
I thought about that, the walk home being PWO cardio but I think the real cardio will begin once I get home, grab the boys and head out for some tobogganing!!!

Another fine example of taking advantage of a situation!!!

Hollow
12-19-08, 1:42 pm
Intra Aid might mix better... *L*

Downside is...I don't have Intra Aid.

Mr. Dead
12-19-08, 1:48 pm
Downside is...I don't have Intra Aid.

D'oh!!!

atrain11b
12-19-08, 5:05 pm
*L* I had to atone for my sin... And, leg day is always my fave... I'm a definite addict... And, my pup can't be allowed to get flabby...

Yeah my Bassets gaining. He's at 65lbs, so hes on a cut. Started to incorporate your walks into my workout.

Mr. Dead
12-21-08, 12:53 pm
Yeah my Bassets gaining. He's at 65lbs, so hes on a cut. Started to incorporate your walks into my workout.

It's a great way to get the cardio in, and spend some time with them, as well...

Mr. Dead
12-21-08, 12:56 pm
We're at 15 inches of snow, right now, with another 2-4 inches due in, today... We managed to get out friday, and get stocked up on dog food, and human food... A trip to the grocery store which normally takes an hour took 6 hours... I've been taking advantage of this time, though, and have been fitting my abs quite regularly... As well as getting the cardio in... I've gone from 220 to 210 in this time...

Jonisocool
12-21-08, 4:24 pm
We're at 15 inches of snow, right now, with another 2-4 inches due in, today... We managed to get out friday, and get stocked up on dog food, and human food... A trip to the grocery store which normally takes an hour took 6 hours... I've been taking advantage of this time, though, and have been fitting my abs quite regularly... As well as getting the cardio in... I've gone from 220 to 210 in this time...

rediculous MrDead. Yea I only got tiny front wheel drive car, and it took me longer than usuall to get to most places. Snow storm just hit last night too, so I doubt I'll even make it outta the driveway.

Well drive safe, and happy holidays!

scals
12-22-08, 12:03 am
Hot damn thats a ton of snow Mr. Dead, nice work keeping up with abs and cardio.

Hollow
12-22-08, 7:22 am
Great to see you haven’t let the weather deter you Mr. Dead! Great work on hitting the abs and cardio throughout the blast of winter. Starting your prep a bit early or just tightening up the reigns?

Old man winter has been nice to us, we get so much snow then it stops long enough for us to clear it away and then we get more.

Mr. Dead
12-22-08, 12:29 pm
rediculous MrDead. Yea I only got tiny front wheel drive car, and it took me longer than usuall to get to most places. Snow storm just hit last night too, so I doubt I'll even make it outta the driveway.

Well drive safe, and happy holidays!

As of this morning, we have 20 inches and drifts, much higher, and it's currently snowing... You be safe out there, as well, and happt holidays!!!

Hot damn thats a ton of snow Mr. Dead, nice work keeping up with abs and cardio.

Thanks!!! Gotta make the best of the situation...

Great to see you haven’t let the weather deter you Mr. Dead! Great work on hitting the abs and cardio throughout the blast of winter. Starting your prep a bit early or just tightening up the reigns?

Old man winter has been nice to us, we get so much snow then it stops long enough for us to clear it away and then we get more.

That's how it's been going here, as well... Friday, we got out briefly, by saturday, you couldn't even tell we shoveled... And, my pinches/calipers have me at 18% bodyfat, so it's time to reign things in, and get ready for my prep...

B Con
12-23-08, 8:27 am
Nice to see you getting that cardio/ab time in with all that snow. I know how miserable that snow can be from living in the mountains. What kind of good eats are on store for Christmas? Any more egg nog?

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you get some good foods, much deserved rest, and some good family time.

Hollow
12-24-08, 3:06 pm
I want to wish both you and your family Mr. Dead a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Have a safe and happy holiday!

scals
12-24-08, 4:25 pm
Merry Christmas Mr. Dead. Have a great day.

firsthorseman97
12-24-08, 9:48 pm
Happy Holidays MD.

Mr. Dead
12-25-08, 11:21 am
Nice to see you getting that cardio/ab time in with all that snow. I know how miserable that snow can be from living in the mountains. What kind of good eats are on store for Christmas? Any more egg nog?

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you get some good foods, much deserved rest, and some good family time.

I want to wish both you and your family Mr. Dead a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Have a safe and happy holiday!

Merry Christmas Mr. Dead. Have a great day.

Happy Holidays MD.

And, a VERY Merry Christmas to you all, and your families!!!

Mr. Dead
12-29-08, 11:19 am
Today will be a VERY good day!!! I'll be hitting the gym, after being snowed in, for so long, and I'm definitely chomping at the bit, to get back fully into it!!!

Ragnar13
12-29-08, 6:34 pm
Hope your Christmas was joyful.

And hope you made it to the gym tonight......hear ya about chomping at the bit. I didn't get nothing in while home for the holidays and last two days fighting a cold...doubling the Animal Pak and Niquil.

atrain11b
12-29-08, 7:26 pm
Today will be a VERY good day!!! I'll be hitting the gym, after being snowed in, for so long, and I'm definitely chomping at the bit, to get back fully into it!!!

Well, give it your all, waiting to see the log post!

Hoomgar
12-30-08, 10:05 am

Looking forward to reading the war report on this one bro :)

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-30-08, 11:21 am
Legs:
4 sets of 20 at 105
Squats:
1 set of 20 at 120
1 set of 15 at 160
1 set of 10 at 200
1 set of 5 at 300
Didn't have enough gas in the tank to hit a "burnout" set...
Leg press:
1 set of 30 at 280
1 set of 20 at 370
1 set of 15 at 460
1 set of 10 at 550
1 set of 10 at 790 (Struggled with the last rep, big time...)
Leg extensions:
1 set of 20 at 105
1 set of 15 at 120
1 set of 10 at 135
1 set of 8 at 180
2 sets of 5 at 210
1 set of 100 at 75
Lying leg curls:
1 set of 20 at 50
1 set of 15 at 60
1 set of 10 at 70
1 set of 10 at 90
4 drop sets at 10 each (Almost hurled...)
Standing calf raise:
1 set of 30 at 195
1 set of 15 at 255
1 set of 10 at 310
1 set of 10 at 370
1 set of 100 at 175
Seated calf:
5 sets of 15 at 180
Abs:
And, the obligatory Puppy Power Walks... Was a bit disappointed in how it went... Felt pretty drained, I don't think being snowed in all that time was very good to me...

Hollow
12-30-08, 11:28 am
I would agree with you Mr. Dead that being snowed in may have dampered your expectations in your leg workout but still...to us mere mortals that was still a very impressive session!

firsthorseman97
12-30-08, 11:53 am
Only you would be a little disappointed with that wokout. You are the Volume King. Puts my leg day to shame. Glad to see your dug out and back at it!

Hoomgar
12-30-08, 12:40 pm
Ahh, pent up energy released on leg day ala Mr Dead style! Look at that volume!

Crazy stuff as always bro. Glad you got to get this one in.

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-30-08, 1:51 pm
I would agree with you Mr. Dead that being snowed in may have dampered your expectations in your leg workout but still...to us mere mortals that was still a very impressive session!

Thanks!!! Next leg day, I'll get it back up to my expectations...

Only you would be a little disappointed with that wokout. You are the Volume King. Puts my leg day to shame. Glad to see your dug out and back at it!

My legs respond a lot better to the high volume, just seemed to run out of gas, yesterday... I was definitely getting cabin fever... *L*

Ahh, pent up energy released on leg day ala Mr Dead style! Look at that volume!

Crazy stuff as always bro. Glad you got to get this one in.

Hg

I'm still kicking myself in the ass over this one... But, I'll get it next session...

Hoomgar
12-30-08, 2:37 pm
I'm still kicking myself in the ass over this one... But, I'll get it next session...

Wait, what? (going back over workout post) what did I miss?

Rage
12-30-08, 3:34 pm
Great leg workout bro....You kicked some serious ass in there...Have a great new year brother!

Mr. Dead
12-30-08, 3:37 pm
Wait, what? (going back over workout post) what did I miss?

I ran out of gas on squats, and struggled on less weight than before on leg press...

Great leg workout bro....You kicked some serious ass in there...Have a great new year brother!

Thanks!!! Just wish that session would have lived up to my expectations... You have a great New Year, as well!!!

Hoomgar
12-30-08, 3:40 pm
I ran out of gas on squats, and struggled on less weight than before on leg press...

Yea I figured you meant that. I saw that but didn't see it as anything bad. Heck bro, the volume makes up for it! I know you hold yourself to some high standards though, especially when it comes to leg day so total respect here...

Mr. Dead
12-30-08, 4:27 pm
Yea I figured you meant that. I saw that but didn't see it as anything bad. Heck bro, the volume makes up for it! I know you hold yourself to some high standards though, especially when it comes to leg day so total respect here...

Thanks... Just ticks me off, when I slide backwards, like that...

Mr. Dead
12-30-08, 6:05 pm
Well... One good thing came out of being cooped up... I've dropped 10 lbs, and am now hovering around 207...

Hollow
12-30-08, 6:24 pm
Well... One good thing came out of being cooped up... I've dropped 10 lbs, and am now hovering around 207...

Congrats on the drop in the weight Mr. Dead!

Mr. Dead
12-30-08, 6:56 pm
Congrats on the drop in the weight Mr. Dead!

Just hope it wasn't muscle... (That would explain the crappy leg day, though... *L*)

Hollow
12-30-08, 7:13 pm
Just hope it wasn't muscle... (That would explain the crappy leg day, though... *L*)

I know myself last Tuesday was my last workout due to the holidays and when I hit the gym this past Monday my performance wasn't quite up to snuff. I find when I miss too much time from the gym, it is a small step backward. I am quite sure it wasn't muscle loss.

You'll be back up at your next leg session!