PDA

View Full Version : Need help with first Keto... :(

Hiren
08-14-08, 3:36 pm
Started a few days ago and it basically consists of Eggs(whole/whites), Chicken Breast, Salmon, almonds, whey, natural peanut butter, asparagus.

here is my prob...
both the chicken and the salmon taste like complete ass. Typically i like grilled chicken breast and salmon - on my keto they have no seasoning, flavor, nada and I end up having to choke it down. >,<

any suggestions ?

simpleguy
08-14-08, 4:09 pm
while I don't know what kind of keto approach you are using, I don't see why you don't use some onions, chili, garlic powder, curry, salt, pepper or any other spices... I've done the keto myself, there's no way you can get knocked out of it by using that

Iron4Life
08-14-08, 4:12 pm
x2... a little seasoning inst going to hurt, especially if it makes it palatable

krazyassmexican
08-14-08, 4:21 pm
ms dash, the version for grillin chicken kicks ass

adidas
08-14-08, 6:10 pm
sea salt or kosher saltcrushed black peppergarlic (no such thing as too much garlic!)jalepeno's (spelled wrong)most herbs and spices are good to go on this diet...no need to choke down bland dry food.

AFTazz06
08-14-08, 8:11 pm
I know i'm out of the loop here, but i've heard mention of this Keto diet and was just wondering if someone could tell me what it is? Is there a thread i can look up and learn more about it? Thanks Bros!

krazyassmexican
08-14-08, 8:13 pm
I know i'm out of the loop here, but i've heard mention of this Keto diet and was just wondering if someone could tell me what it is? Is there a thread i can look up and learn more about it? Thanks Bros!

in this area of the forums there's plenty of threads about it
or go to ox's stable under the ask the pros area

Hiren
08-14-08, 9:57 pm
Much thanks to all those who responded - you've made things a hell of a lot easier, haha.

Android
08-15-08, 6:24 am
You can add seasonings, just make sure your total carb intake doesn't exceed 5%. Typical keto diet consists of 60% fat / 30% protein / 5% carbs.

krazyassmexican
08-15-08, 6:51 am
You can add seasonings, just make sure your total carb intake doesn't exceed 5%. Typical keto diet consists of 60% fat / 30% protein / 5% carbs.

1. seassonings should always be carb free

2. from the way i see he's eatin he's not going for that large ammount of fat

adidas
08-15-08, 8:20 am

60+30+5 = 95? weres the other 5%?

Quadriceps
08-15-08, 9:01 am
Buddy, your doing a keto diet(Dave Palumbo maybe?) and you NEED lots of sodium, so use all the seasons you can imagine. It is NOT going to kick you out of ketosis and it will actually help you in the gym also.

Good luck.

Malloy1344
08-15-08, 9:16 am
Franks Red Hot sauce made my chicken bearable. Nothing else other than that helped....

krazyassmexican
08-15-08, 9:19 am
Franks Red Hot sauce made my chicken bearable. Nothing else other than that helped....

from what i remember that hot sauce has carbs and fat

ROC1291
08-15-08, 10:04 am
from what i remember that hot sauce has carbs and fat

No sir...
Frank's Red Hot Original Hot Sauce is strictly Peppers, Vinegar, and Salt.

I use that shit in excess man...
you might be mistaking that for the buffalo sauce (which is used for wings)

To the original poster -

Run to the store and purchase yourself some Emerils Seasoning (Original).
It goes on everything. Its basically onion powder, garlic, salt, paprika, and a whole slew of other things that would taste good on even the worst cuts of meat.

simpleguy
08-15-08, 10:24 am
60+30+5 = 95? weres the other 5%?

lol, damn mathematics

Android
08-15-08, 4:00 pm
My bad brothers. 65% fat / 30% protein / 5% carbs. **

adidas
08-16-08, 12:55 pm
My bad brothers. 65% fat / 30% protein / 5% carbs. **

no worries mate, I was just bustin' yer chops. ;)

berserk
04-15-10, 1:39 am
lol, damn mathematics

hey bro just one question maybe it will sound dumb well fuck no! it WILL Sound dumb for sure.

here it is.
60& fat 30% protein and 5%carbs ? How do i do that i mean how do i know the intake of each one for example 200gr fat 150gr protein how do i know the grams intake for each one thanks a lot.

I meant to say mathematics like divide that , multiply that, etc etc. Thanks

C.Coronato
04-15-10, 11:06 am
hey bro just one question maybe it will sound dumb well fuck no! it WILL Sound dumb for sure.

here it is.
60& fat 30% protein and 5%carbs ? How do i do that i mean how do i know the intake of each one for example 200gr fat 150gr protein how do i know the grams intake for each one thanks a lot.

I meant to say mathematics like divide that , multiply that, etc etc. Thanks

Old thread, but to find % is simply by how much you eat and how many cals you decide is right for you to cut with. For instance, if your doing a KETO diet, and you go with 3000 cals.

3000 x .6 = 1800 cals for fat :: 1800 / 9 grams per cal = 212 grams of fat
3000 x .3 = 900 cals for protein :: 900 / 4 grams per cal = 225 grams of protein
3000 x .1 = 300 cals for carbs :: 300 / 4 grams per cal = 75 grams of carbs.

I dont know if those are correct %s as carbs are too high. But, thats how you would find out the percentages and how much you would need.

Raj69er
04-22-10, 9:02 pm
IMO, Keto diets are out of date. After 4-5 days in ketosis its basically impossible to get into the gym and crush it. Better off ingesting carb powder+protein powder preWO then keep carbs low the rest of the day.

In my experience it hasn't affected fat loss and gives you energy when it matters.

Carbs PostWO is a different story...

charlievanriper
06-04-10, 4:05 pm
LMAO have you seen what I do in the gym 22 days low carb, and 11 days in KETOTOSIS, tested with Keto sticks fluctuating between 40 and 80 on the sticks. Keto is not out of date and is the best way to drop bodyfat. I am down from 15.8 to 10.4 and from a 35.5 in waist to a 32.5 inch waist ( measured across the Abdominal point.

and here is the current pic taken on day 11:
http://i48.tinypic.com/33mbbxi.jpg

hsgrewal
06-09-10, 3:39 am
you give me hope.

I plan to start in one week, once i got all my foods i need to be eating in order.

Any specific advice you can give, ie... how to introduce my body to ketosis, and how to start the carb loading weekends?

Thanks.

charlievanriper
06-09-10, 9:13 am
you give me hope.

I plan to start in one week, once i got all my foods i need to be eating in order.

Any specific advice you can give, ie... how to introduce my body to ketosis, and how to start the carb loading weekends?

Thanks.

Just starting out my suggestion is to buy Dan Duchaines book BodyOpus its my bible bro andthen experiment with Calories and your Macros. My journal is a day by day guide to the exercise routines that will burn up your Glycogen on zero days and what to do on Recomp days. Also as I always praise DBO is the Man on this he got me started.

2 weeks on Zero with no Carb load ( IE Recomp) is your prep. Then your going to go ( well I follow Duchaines view) 5 days in 2 days Recomp) then repeat.

Iam still tweaking as I think my Protien is still a little high, my blood Glucose was 74 when I woke today and it should be under 50 to hit Ketosis ( I think the eggs ect at night are giving my body enough Fuel to convert to Glycogen.

hsgrewal
06-09-10, 7:59 pm
Im gonna check that book out.

Thanks for the help bro.

charlievanriper
06-09-10, 11:03 pm
Never a problem to help a member of the brotherhood!

charlievanriper
07-02-10, 5:30 pm
Current 07/02/2010
Sub 10% and hard as nails baby!!!!!!!!

http://i46.tinypic.com/ej7i4w.jpg

This is frigging beautiful man and I'm how old 52 and getting a yr younger every time I take a progress pic lol.

Just showing eanythings possible with hard work, devotion, a ssingle minded goal focused action plan, the ability to listen and learn and the World is your personal Oyster bed baby!!!!

I'm kinda scared to see what I'll look like if I go and get Pro Photo's done lol.