PDA

View Full Version : The Race, Barpen Vs. Jonken

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jonken
08-17-08, 6:32 am
Introduction

This is what me and Barpen would like to call The Race. It’s a small challenge we made up just to build some extra pressure and motivation. The closest goal is 73Kg for Barpen, And for me Jonken its about 70Kg, but we will keep on after that as well. Maybe post some new goals or something like that. Both me and Barpen will post our thoughts about the training we are doing, As well as lifting stats and progress pictures.
Barpen will write with normal text, and I Jonken will write with cursive/italic text. Just to make it easier for you guys to read. Things that both agree with will be in bold text.

But first, let us tell you about ourselves.

Jonken – Many people would call me a pure ectomorph. Im 183cm and 61,5Kg. Ive made good gains while bulking for about a year. I think my back build easier then the rest of my body. So in the beginning of this bulk I will concentrate on my chest and arms, since they are lagging.

Pros: Used to bulking. Minimum fat gains. Back seems to build quite fast. My height allows me to get heavier then many. My knowledge in training and nutrition is decent
Cons: Having an hard time adding mass overall.

Barpen– I have the body type of a typically Mesomorph and are 170cm and weights 66,5kg. For a start I’m going to concentrate on my triceps since they are lagging but also start to build forearms which I never have trained.
Pros: Add and drop body fat easy. Can push myself haaaard. My swimming also helps me with the training of my upper back
Cons: Not used to bulk. Lack of knowledge about training and food.

We really hope you guys will enjoy following our journey as much as we’ll do. Feel free to give us an helping hand if you think there’s anything that we would need to change.
Our training routines will be posted in separate posts. After our first week of training we will also make an summery of all our lifting stats for that week, so we can have a good view of our progress every month.

Jonken
08-17-08, 6:43 am
This will be my routine for awhile. Things that are on the same level (like my chest routine) will be supersets (ex. Chest has one superset and one tri-set). The two first weeks of every month i will train slower with heavier weights and without supersets. The last two weeks will be all about speed and supersetting.

Monday: Chest
(Superset, triset)
Incline BB/DB press: 3x10
Flat DB/BB press: 3x10
-----Incline Flyes: 3x10
-----Cable Crossovers: 3x10
-----Pullovers: 3x10

Tuesday: Legs

Quads:
Squats: 4x10
----Leg Press: 3x10

Calves:
Calves Raises: 3x10

Hamstrings:
Hamstrings Curl: 3x10

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Arms

Tricep: (triset)
Skullcrushers: 3x10
Dips: 3xMAX
Cable Pushdown: 3x10

Bicep: (superset)
Arnolds 21’s: 3x(3x7)
Concentration Curls: 3x10

Forearms:
Wrist Curls: 3x10

Shoulders: (2x Superset)
Arnold Press: 3x10
Military Press: 3x10
----Back Laterals: 3x10
----Shrugs: 3x10

Friday: Back

Deadlifts: 3x10
Pullups behind head: 2xMAX
One arm rows: 2x10
Pullups: 2xMAX
Chins: 2xMAX
Reversed grip rows: 2x10

Thrawn
08-17-08, 6:55 am
Okay, min svenska! I am IN and SUBBED for this ride!
Lets see you do this. I will be around if you need any tips or pointers.

Jonken
08-17-08, 8:50 am
Okay, min svenska! I am IN and SUBBED for this ride!
Lets see you do this. I will be around if you need any tips or pointers.

cool man, im glad that your in for this as well! btw its "min svensk", "svenska" is for gals.

Barpinator
08-17-08, 10:56 am
From now on I'm going to think more on how I lift then what I lift which means that I'm going to think more on my form (keep a good form and squeeze the muscles) then on how much I lift.

I'm going to do heavier weights with longer breaks one week and lighter weights with superset three weeks.

This is the schedule I'm going to follow for a while:

Monday: Arms

Triceps

Skullcrusher 3x10
Dip with benches 3x10
Cable pushdowns 3x10

Shoulders

DB side laterals 3x10
DB front laterals 3x10
Military Press: 3x10
Shrugs: 3x10

Forearms:

BB Wrist Curl: 3x10
Reversed grip BB wrist curl 3x10

Biceps

BB curl wide grip 3x10
BB curl tight grip 3x10
DB curl one arm at a time 3x10

Thuesday: Back

Deadlifts: 3x10
Pullups behind head: 2xMAX
Seated Cable Rows: 2x10
Pullups: 2xMAX
Chins: 2xMAX
Reversed grip BB rows: 2x10

Thursday: Chest

Incline BB/DB press: 3x10
Flat DB/BB press: 3x10
Incline Flyes: 3x10
Cable Crossovers: 3x10
Pullovers: 3x10

Friday: Legs

Quads:
Squats: 4x10
Leg Press: 3x10

Calves:
Calves Raises: 3x10

Hamstrings:
Hamstrings Curl: 3x10

Thrawn
08-18-08, 4:31 am
Thanks for the tip on my swedish =)
Now lets get this one on the road, brothers!!

Jonken
08-18-08, 4:34 am
Chest from Friday, since im not able to workout today because of extra work ill post the work i did on Friday. Abs chest is supposed to be played at Mondays

Warm up

Bench: 40kgx10, 50kgx8, 55kgx5

Incline DB press: 15x12, 15x10, 15x10

Incline Flies: 10x10, 10x10, 10x10

Pullovers: 15x10 *Quited because of weird feeling in left shoulder, had the same in right before it got injured*

Cable Crossover: 20x10, 17.5x10, 17.5x10

Some minor ab work.

I did everything today with really strict form. Im pretty pleased over that i still bench around the same as i did before summer, since ive still lost about 1Kg during the break. Some of it is BF though. Since my veins are popping like never before.

Tomorrow its Legs, so stay tuned

Themostocles
08-18-08, 6:05 am
I am down for this. Not many tips on bulking, i can gain weight in my sleep :(. But count me in. -T.

Jonken
08-18-08, 9:42 am
I am down for this. Not many tips on bulking, i can gain weight in my sleep :(. But count me in. -T.

hey thats awesome. Always fun with people following our journey! I think Barpen will upload some info about his arm day later today

Themostocles
08-18-08, 12:14 pm
I hit up Panzer and Thrawn all the time, might as well branch out lol. Never know when I will learn something or can contribute something. -T.

Barpinator
08-18-08, 1:37 pm
Today i did some arms and it went good in the start but after a while i was getting tired so from now on i'm going to split up my armtraining on two days. On mondays I'll do triceps and shoulders and on Wednesday i will do forearms and biceps. But anyway, this is how my w/o looked today.

Triceps

Skullcrusher 3x10 15-15-17,5 kg
Dip with benches 3x10
Cable pushdowns 3x10 25-35-35 kg

Shoulders

DB side laterals 3x10 7-7-8 kg
DB front laterals 3x10 12-12-10 kg
Shrugs: 3x10 20-20-25 kg

Forearms: Skipped cus i was to tired

BB Wrist Curl: 3x10
Reversed grip BB wrist curl 3x10

Biceps

BB curl wide grip 3x10 20-20-20
BB curl tight grip 3x10 20-17,5-17,5
DB curl one arm at a time 3x10 12-12-12

Jonken
08-18-08, 3:36 pm
Hmmm that its to long aint good. Maybe we should try doing 2sets per exercise on the heavy weeks instead to spare some time and energy.

And T its always motivating knowing that someone actually reads what you write. I hope you'll learn something from this journey, or maybe could spread some advices.

Barpinator
08-18-08, 3:50 pm
Hmmm that its to long aint good. Maybe we should try doing 2sets per exercise on the heavy weeks instead to spare some time and energy.

that sounds like a good idea, but jocke did the same exercises as me so it went even slower cus of him. But 2 sets on heavy weeks sounds like a good idea

Thrawn
08-18-08, 4:15 pm

And T its always motivating knowing that someone actually reads what you write. I hope you'll learn something from this journey, or maybe could spread some advices.

that sounds like a good idea, but jocke did the same exercises as me so it went even slower cus of him. But 2 sets on heavy weeks sounds like a good idea

Do not be afraid to experiment, brothers. Most of the time it is best to go by feel. If it sounds like a good idea, go for it. Give it a shot. Routines are just routines: GUIDELINES. Your body will let you know if you are on track or not.
I sure will check in on a regular basis. If you need ANY advice or tips, just shoot.

Barpinator
08-18-08, 6:08 pm
Do not be afraid to experiment, brothers. Most of the time it is best to go by feel. If it sounds like a good idea, go for it. Give it a shot. Routines are just routines: GUIDELINES. Your body will let you know if you are on track or not.
I sure will check in on a regular basis. If you need ANY advice or tips, just shoot.

Wise words bro. It's good to hear some one say that once in a while just so that you remember that it's ok to experiment and that routines are just guidelines as you say.

I'm going o do as I said before, do arms at both Monday and Wednesday and if I feel that my body doesn't get enough rest I'll try to find an other solution. Thanks for your support man, it feels great to have someone that I can write to if i wonder about something.

Themostocles
08-19-08, 12:19 am
And if you guys are trying to gain weight, super sets and giant sets and high reps can actually hinder you. Sometimes less is more. -T.

Jonken
08-19-08, 1:36 am
And if you guys are trying to gain weight, super sets and giant sets and high reps can actually hinder you. Sometimes less is more. -T.

Your probably right. Thats why i do 2 weeks heavy and two week supersets. Since i dont do cardio any other time i think its ok anyway. plus that it will probably help my breathing and heart rate.

Themostocles
08-19-08, 1:41 am
It balance out the lack or cardio, but you might actually try rotating the bodyparts on light and heavy. That way you have a mix of light and heavy each week, and you don't overload your CNS on the heavy weeks. -T.

Jonken
08-19-08, 1:43 am
i could try that if this does not work out. Im mostly doing it like this to kinda "shock" my muscles every two weeks. I have no clue if it will work or not. Going to be interesting to see how it goes in 4 weeks

Themostocles
08-19-08, 1:45 am
i could try that if this does not work out. Im mostly doing it like this to kinda "shock" my muscles every two weeks. I have no clue if it will work or not. Going to be interesting to see how it goes in 4 weeks

Looking forawrd to seeing how it works. -T.

Thrawn
08-19-08, 4:16 am
Do not forget the best rule in the world here: to get big, you gotta eat BIG. You grow at home, by eating and resting. I consider training a triangle. Weights, food and rest. Take away either one and the triangle will crumble.
Do not be afraid for that extra can of tuna. That jummy salmon sandwich. Treat yourself to that extra steak on a regular basis. One of the easiest ways to gain some extra weight quickly: the milk diet. Drink two liters of milk every day. Take that big sucker of a jug with you and sip on it all day. Good proteine intake all day long and you are also getting in your fluids ==> goooooood.

Jonken
08-19-08, 4:20 am
Do not forget the best rule in the world here: to get big, you gotta eat BIG. You grow at home, by eating and resting. I consider training a triangle. Weights, food and rest. Take away either one and the triangle will crumble.
Do not be afraid for that extra can of tuna. That jummy salmon sandwich. Treat yourself to that extra steak on a regular basis. One of the easiest ways to gain some extra weight quickly: the milk diet. Drink two liters of milk every day. Take that big sucker of a jug with you and sip on it all day. Good proteine intake all day long and you are also getting in your fluids ==> goooooood.

MMmmmmm foood. I was following the milk diet on my last bulk. Its a real nice way to get some extra cals down. Especially when i dont really count the Cals from milk. Thats also one of the good things about working. I can drink all the milk i want from the lunch room

Thrawn
08-19-08, 4:24 am
MMmmmmm foood. I was following the milk diet on my last bulk. Its a real nice way to get some extra cals down. Especially when i dont really count the Cals from milk. Thats also one of the good things about working. I can drink all the milk i want from the lunch room

Hell yes =))) That sounds like paradise, brother. Milk is not only exta cals, but also good slow digesting proteine. Old school bodybuilders grew up on milk and eggs. Some of the best easy and cheap protein sources around.

Jonken
08-19-08, 4:40 am
Hell yes =))) That sounds like paradise, brother. Milk is not only exta cals, but also good slow digesting proteine. Old school bodybuilders grew up on milk and eggs. Some of the best easy and cheap protein sources around.

i can tell you, working in a food store is probably the best for bulking. Im always hungry when im there. The days i work 10h shifts is the days i down most cals on as well i think. Since i can only eat ever 3-4h while working i make sure to eat big meals. And i can get whatever i feel for. Only bad is that my stomach is so fucked up by the end of the day.

Jonken
08-19-08, 8:07 am
Today i did some heavy legs. Felt awesome!

Quads:
Squats: 40x10, 50x10, (wide stance)55x9, 60x7, 40x20
Leg Press: (close stance) 40x10, (close stance) 70x10, (wide stance) 70x10

Calfes:
Calf raises: 20xXX, 50x20, 50x12

Hamstrings:
Hamstring curls: 20x10, 25x10, 25x10

Damn i had a problem walking normal after this. Almost tripped on a bench i walked over because i couldn't lift my legs high enough. Funny stuff

Themostocles
08-19-08, 8:09 am
Looking good Jonken. Going to make them legs grow. -T.

Jonken
08-19-08, 8:15 am
Here we go: This is the start of this race. We will upload new ones as soon as we think we've made bigger changes. And of course when someone of us reach our goal. We might not be completly cold in these pics. Jonken did legs and barpen did Back 2 hours before these pics

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/jonken90/frontrelaxed.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/jonken90/backrelaxed.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/jonken90/Sidepose.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/jonken90/Back2xbi.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/jonken90/latspread.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/jonken90/triceps.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/jonken90/hair.jpg

Barpinator
08-19-08, 11:06 am
Deadlifts: 3x10 75,75,80 kg
Pullups behind head: 2x10 55,60 kg
Seated Cable Rows: 2x10 35,35 kg
Pullups: 2xMAX 10,10 reps
Chins: 1x10 65 kg
Reversed grip BB rows: 2x10 45,45 kg

It felt pretty good today, I have changed one arm row to seated row instead and it felt better, it were easier to keep a good form.

Jonken
08-20-08, 5:02 pm
Is this worth it? That was a question i asked myself earlier today. I was walking to a friend to watch a movie, the rain was soaking me at the same time it was getting dark and my legs hurt. Almost fell in a small downhill when I was walking to fast. I was chugging on another banana. I had just been eating before, but it didn’t matter. And I thought; my legs are hurting, I am eating food even if Im full, im pushing myself to the limits every meal, every workout, could this really be worth it?

Well when I asked myself, a smile formed in my face. And I realized Im stuck with this. I love pushing myself to the limits. Im getting full every meal, almost ill, but still so damn happy. This is what makes me feel alive.

Just wanted to drop my small thoughts today. If I ever get demotivated I know I can go back and read this to get on track again. Damn it, spread the love brothers!

Barpinator
08-20-08, 5:11 pm
I got really motivated when i read this, and stunned. That's deep words REALLY deep words.I'm impressed that you are able to write something like that.

Respect Jonken, respect

Themostocles
08-20-08, 11:20 pm
Deadlifts: 3x10 75,75,80 kg
Pullups behind head: 2x10 55,60 kg
Seated Cable Rows: 2x10 35,35 kg
Pullups: 2xMAX 10,10 reps
Chins: 1x10 65 kg
Reversed grip BB rows: 2x10 45,45 kg

It felt pretty good today, I have changed one arm row to seated row instead and it felt better, it were easier to keep a good form.

Great looking back day, that is a ton of pullups and chins. I can't even do two in a row lol. -T.

shizz702
08-20-08, 11:37 pm
This looks like it's going to be a great journey! Good idea on you guys doing this together to help motivate one another. Just train hard, eat big, drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest, and be patient, and the gains will come! I'll be stopping by once in a while to check up on you guys.

Thrawn
08-21-08, 5:13 am
Looking good, brothers. Defenitely putting in the effort here!
Jonken: a 40kg x 20 repout after those squats??? No wonder your legs hurt! =))) NICE, brother.
Barpen: good deadlifts, high numbers. Very well on the chins and pullups.

Good you took pictures. This way you can see the results as they happen. Not a lot of ppl have nerve enough to post them, but you did. You got your heads and hearts straight for this journey! RIP IT UP!!! Cherish every PR you make and then disrespect it the next time by bitchslapping it =))

Jonken
08-21-08, 2:33 pm
Thanks alot for the input Thrawn. I like the bitch slapping Pr line.

Well i did some serious arm training today. Felt kick ass having a big over all pump in my arms.

Tricep:
Skullcrushers/Nosebreakers: 17.5Kg x10, 22.5x10, 27.5x9
Dips: 7+3, 5+3
Tricep pulldown: 17.5x10, 20x5+10x10

Bicep:
Curls with EZ-bar: Closegrip; 17.5x10, Normal grip; 22.5x10, Wide grip; 22.5x10
Concentration curls: 10x10
Hammer Curls: 10x10

Shoulders:
Arnold Press: 10x10, 15x10, 15x5
Military Press behind head: Bar x10, Bar x10
Back Laterals: 3x10, 3x10
Shrugs: 17.5x10, 17.5x10

Forearms:
Wrist curls1:5xXX, 5xXX
Wrist curls2:5xXX, 5xXX

Im really happy with the nosebreakers, since my last pr is 27.5x10 what i can remember. And im really close to breaking it after such a long break from them. I had to bo easy on the biceps since one of my wrists have been injured two times. Today i used bandage as support for them, but i hope my forearm training will help so i can go raw later on, and raise the weights. Today i didnt want to lift to heavy on them, since my wrist seem to be fine atm, but i felt that something hurt just a little on 1-2 reps of the EZ-bar curls with normal grip. I could notice that my shoulders gotten a lot weaker during summer though

Barpinator
08-21-08, 3:32 pm
Flat BB press: 8x60kg, 3x65+3x62,5, 10x57,5 (on all reps I paused for a sec when the BB touched my chest, because I use to bounce it on my chest)
Incline DB press: 3x10 15kg
Incline Flyes: 3x10 10kg
Cable Crossovers: 3x10 20, 17,5, 20 kg
DB Pullovers: 3x10 12, 12, 15 kg

The w/o felt pretty good today but one thing that disturbs me is that I don't feel dead after I've done my sets. Maybe it's because I think about the form and unloads to much weights, just because I'm afraid to lose the form. I don't really know but it's disturbing anyway. I haven't got pump since I've started to think on it. I'm thinking on using my old weights again but still think on the form but no in such grade as I do now, what do you guys think?

you kicked ass today Jonken, great triceps w/o

Thrawn
08-21-08, 3:52 pm
Good work on the smart training, Jonken!
Barpinator: about not getting a pump. If you are not sure about upping the weight yet because you are uncertain about form: increase the weight just a notch and go for two-three more reps. Example: lets say normally you do exercise x with 10kg for 4 x 10 reps. Try 11 or 12kg for 4 x 12 reps. See if that works better to get the pump. If not, lower the pause between sets. If that is still to easy and form is good? Up the weight without being afraid.

Themostocles
08-22-08, 7:57 am
Or if you are worried about upping the weight, superset two exercises that hit the same area for 10-15reps. -T.

panzerwagen
08-22-08, 8:06 am
cool man, im glad that your in for this as well! btw its "min svensk", "svenska" is for gals.

'Svenska' is also what you call Swedish (as a language). But don't you go and learn too much of correct Swedis Thrawn - it's more fun with your 'colourful' variety of our language!

I hit up Panzer and Thrawn all the time, might as well branch out lol. Never know when I will learn something or can contribute something. -T.

I'm honored! Hell, it's good to have you with us Themostocles!
-----------------

Jonken and Barpen

Sorry for not having checked out this thread earlier guys! I didn't even know you had started off already! But now I'm here and I'll try to monitor your progress. And as Thrawn says, don't be afraid to experiment a bit. If you're new to this game of serious work, it'll take time, probably years, to find your own ways. It's true that for example, that trisets and giant sets might prevent growth, but it might also shock the body into pure despair (I think my body is in despair) which can bring nice benefits. It's good for conditioning anyhow, and I love that shit because every damn set is a stuggle of endurance.

I suggest that you consider what others try to teach you, put something together with the bits and pieces you find sensible, and just go for it. Adjustment will be done while on your way - just feel things out and remember to focus on form in the beginning state of this; let the bigger weights come later on when you begin to feel comfortable with what you're doing.

And just as the other fine gentlemen participating in your progress have already offered their help, I shall also say that you are most welcome to ask for my opinions on whatever you might want to know - not saying that I know very much.

Good luck, and hope to see you soon in Bandhagen!

Cheers

panzerwagen
08-22-08, 8:13 am
And by the way - I love Barpen's colourful censoring on the pics you guys added! A masterpiece!

Jonken
08-22-08, 9:33 am
Welcome aboard P! We were abit bored editing the pics, so we pimped them a little. Hope you'll enjoy this journey.

Back day:

Deadlifts: 50x10, 80x10, 90x10
Pulldown behind neck: 60x10, 50x10
One arm rows: 25x10
seated rows: 40x5, 25x10
Pulldowns: 55x10, 50x10
seated chins: 50x10, 45x10
Rows, Bar x 10, Bar x 10

panzerwagen
08-22-08, 10:23 am
Welcome aboard P! We were abit bored editing the pics, so we pimped them a little. Hope you'll enjoy this journey.

Back day:

Deadlifts: 50x10, 80x10, 90x10
Pulldown behind neck: 60x10, 50x10
One arm rows: 25x10
seated rows: 40x5, 25x10
Pulldowns: 55x10, 50x10
seated chins: 50x10, 45x10
Rows, Bar x 10, Bar x 10

Good work. Those are some nice weights you're pulling on the deadlifts! 90kgs is a whole lot of weight. Make sure to avoid that 'banana-back' when performing these! How did it feel on the heavier weights? Did you lift from the floor or do you use the safety pins in a rack to get the bar a bit higher?

About the seated chins - is it some sort of assisted chin-up machine where you sit while executing the exercise? Or is it the wide grip pulldown you're talking about?

Anyway - good job!

Jonken
08-22-08, 11:37 am
Good work. Those are some nice weights you're pulling on the deadlifts! 90kgs is a whole lot of weight. Make sure to avoid that 'banana-back' when performing these! How did it feel on the heavier weights? Did you lift from the floor or do you use the safety pins in a rack to get the bar a bit higher?

About the seated chins - is it some sort of assisted chin-up machine where you sit while executing the exercise? Or is it the wide grip pulldown you're talking about?

Anyway - good job!

I think deads is one of my strongest exercises. I felt i had a good form. If i wouldn't have good form i would not lift that heavy. I lifted it straight from the floor. What i ment with seated chins was chins with the pulldown machine. But i didnt know what to call them. Im thinking of switching back and Leg day, because it ruined my lift quite a lot to have sore arms.

Themostocles
08-22-08, 12:47 pm
Those are some strong deads, and bravo to using proper forms. And seated chins are all pulldowns, just the grip type varies. Wide, narrow, medium; neutral, reverse and regular: mix and match how you like lol. I always work legs earlier in the week because they seem to need the most work. I would try to keep legs and back separated by about half the week. Those two body parts tax the CNS more than any other. -T.

Jonken
08-22-08, 12:50 pm
ah ok thanks for clearing that out T =) The problem with having back this day is that i have arms right before, which kills my grip power and such

panzerwagen
08-22-08, 12:51 pm
I think deads is one of my strongest exercises. I felt i had a good form. If i wouldn't have good form i would not lift that heavy. I lifted it straight from the floor. What i ment with seated chins was chins with the pulldown machine. But i didnt know what to call them. Im thinking of switching back and Leg day, because it ruined my lift quite a lot to have sore arms.

I always put arms at the end of my workout when training my upper body, jsut because of what you say. I don't want my arms weak when I train other stuff apart from legs and abs. Also, when I used to follow more 'common' routines like for example a 4-day split, I made sure to plan the routine so that a certain bodypart wouldn't be too weak and tired in time for hitting some other bodypart which demanded halp from assisting muscles.

For example, aif I trained the entire arms in one workout, this day was put before leg day. And I always wanted to make sure my back wasn't weakend before a leg day, therefore legs were always to be trained before the back in the routine. This is how a 4-day split could look:

Day 1 - Legs
Day 2 - Back
Day 3 - Chest and Shoulders
Day 4 - Arms

Possibly, day 3 and 4 could look like this:

Day 3 - Chest and Biceps (or triceps)
Day 4 - Shoulders and Triceps (or biceps)

Abs could be put in wherever, 2 times a week or whatever feels good. Forearms should also get some attention, preferably on day 4, in order not to interfere with strength in the grip you might want while performing chest exercises. Rest days are put where needed.

Jonken
08-22-08, 2:01 pm
Yeah, was thinking of

Chest
Back
Rest
Arms
Legs

Since arms aint used to much on leg days.

Jonken
08-22-08, 2:33 pm
Fuck, think im catching a cold. Going to work this weekend as well, so i wont have the time to take it easy. Ill take some medicine in the evening and Pak in the morning, if im lucky it will keep me healthy. A cold would cost me to much now...

panzerwagen
08-23-08, 6:21 am
Yeah, was thinking of

Chest
Back
Rest
Arms
Legs

Since arms aint used to much on leg days.

Looks good. Are you planning on doing a 6-day cycle or is this for a week at a time with 2 rest days after legs?

Never mind that cold. Be sure to allow yourself to rest if you don't feel 100%. There is so much time ahead of us that can be used for many many workouts!

Jonken
08-23-08, 8:02 am
2 day rest after legs. Yeah, im feeling a little better now then when i went to sleep yesterday. Ill probebly be back in the gym by thursday. I rather take some extra rest days then rush back and get sick again. Going to buy Kang Yang when im done working. That shit usually helps pretty well.

panzerwagen
08-23-08, 8:16 am
2 day rest after legs. Yeah, im feeling a little better now then when i went to sleep yesterday. Ill probebly be back in the gym by thursday. I rather take some extra rest days then rush back and get sick again. Going to buy Kang Yang when im done working. That shit usually helps pretty well.

Yeah I heard it is supposed to work pretty well. Personally I rarely take anything but a painkiller every now and then. but i do enjoy a swig of KanJang (or however we spell it) because I think it's tasty in some weird way.

Jonken
08-23-08, 12:24 pm
Yeah KanJang taste a bit like Anis. Pretty nice from time to time. But i forgot to buy it... Guess ill take some Esperitox then. I really dislike painkillers actually. I never take them if i really dont have to. But i dislike most medicines...

Jonken
08-24-08, 3:00 am
One week have gone on my bulk. And my new weight is 62KG on an emty stomach. Im glad im seeing some progress. I can see some BF gains, but that does not really bother me

Thrawn
08-24-08, 10:12 am
Keep on going, brothers, and congrats on the gains, Jonken!!

Themostocles
08-24-08, 3:09 pm
One week have gone on my bulk. And my new weight is 62KG on an emty stomach. Im glad im seeing some progress. I can see some BF gains, but that does not really bother me

Congrats on the gains Jonken. If you want any of my extra weight, let me know; I would be glad to give it to you lol. T.

shizz702
08-24-08, 8:24 pm
Keep up the good work guys!

Barpinator
08-25-08, 4:34 pm
As I earlier said my arm session were to long so now I've split it up on two days. On Mondays (today) i did triceps and shoulders and on Wednesdays I'll do biceps and forearms.

Triceps

Skullcrushers 13x22.5, 4x25 + 11x22.5, 7x22.5 + 5x20 (kg)
Dips between benches 17, 20, 15 rep
Rope pushdowns 17x20, 13x25, 13x27.5 (kg)

Shoulders

DB side laterals 6x15, 7x12, 7x16 (kg)
DB front laterals 10x10, 10x10, 10x10 (kg)
DB shoulderpress 15x10, 10x12, 8x12 (kg)
Shrugs 10x20, 10x25 (kg)

As you see I did many reps today, the reason to that is that I saw the movie "Pumping Iron" yesterday and there Arnold said that "the body are used to make 10 reps, it's when we do 13 as we grow." So I'm going to try to do between 10 and 15 reps for aa while and today it worked out good for me. I were tired as fu*k in my arms afterwards so that was positive and next time i'm going to add more weights.

Training is a mind game as Panzer would say and he have compleatly right. Today I pushed the pain away and aimed for 13-15 reps on every set and do it with as much weights I could. Of course I didn't do all the reps without help, my second co-pilot (Jocke) supported me during my sets and helped me with the last reps but I did the most of them myself.

I looking forward to train this week, I feel that it could be a good week for me.

Themostocles
08-25-08, 11:40 pm
Good looking day Barpin, and reps will make you grow. But there are other stimuli that will make you grow to. How is the diet? -T.

Barpinator
08-26-08, 1:54 am
Good looking day Barpin, and reps will make you grow. But there are other stimuli that will make you grow to. How is the diet? -T.

Thanks T.
I know that it's important with food and rest as well and that are two things that I'm not so good at. I need to write a shopping list to my parents so they know what to buy for me and I need to go to sleep earlier than I do (I sleep for 6-7h night, which ain't enough)

Do anyone have some suggestions on food that is good?

Themostocles
08-26-08, 2:01 am
Milk, lots of milk. Shoot for a gallon a day. Steak, chicken, turkey, and even tuna. Oatmeal and potatoes are good for carbs. Try keeping a food log, so you know exactly how many calories you have going in. Alot of people try to keep track of it in their heads and end up forgetting things. Also hit up Thrawn, he is a hardgainer I believe. He probably has some better ideas than I do. -T.

Also try this reading this thread. http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19919

Barpinator
08-26-08, 2:31 am
A big thanks for your help T, it will help me a lot. Now when I have some guidelines it's easier to keep a good diet. I will check the thread later, now it's time to go to school.

cheers

Jonken
08-26-08, 2:49 am
Sweet w/o Barpen! wish i could be down there with you guys..... Your almost at my level with the skullcrushers! I better watch out. Your shoulders is much stronger then mine though... Keep up the good work bro!

panzerwagen
08-26-08, 7:16 am
Training is a mind game as Panzer would say and he have compleatly right. Today I pushed the pain away and aimed for 13-15 reps on every set and do it with as much weights I could. Of course I didn't do all the reps without help, my second co-pilot (Jocke) supported me during my sets and helped me with the last reps but I did the most of them myself.

I looking forward to train this week, I feel that it could be a good week for me.

Thanks, Barpen, for even listening to what I say at sometimes! Few people do, hehe. But as you say, I believe it is all a mind game, and it is really nice to see that you try to push the sensations that limit you in doing as hard work as possible. It's easy to just stop when the pain comes, or when fatigue knocks on your door. Remember - it all starts with your mind; the decision to stop working comes from your mind first hand. Even if you have enough power to perform yet another repetition, you won't be able to do it if your mind has decided already. The psychological factor is what sets limits in many ways.

Thanks T.
I know that it's important with food and rest as well and that are two things that I'm not so good at. I need to write a shopping list to my parents so they know what to buy for me and I need to go to sleep earlier than I do (I sleep for 6-7h night, which ain't enough)

Do anyone have some suggestions on food that is good?

I'm not much of a sleeper myself. Been having trouble sleeing good for several years, so it's a big issue to me. Hope you will be able to take control over this yourself Barpen!

As for the food, Themostocles is right in what he says. A lot of lean meat, such as turkey, chicken, fish (!), beef etc. and a lot of complex carbohydrates. Oatmeal is my first choice when it comes to carbs - Breakfast ALWAYS include a bowl of oatmeal (havregrynsgröt) with almonds, rasins, cinnamon, (linfrön) and sugarfree apple sauce - and a big shake of whey protein mixed with milk to drink on the side. When having this breakfast safe and secured in my belly, additional supplements in form of Animal Pak is taken with two glasses of water. Remember - breakfast IS important shit!

Fight on!

Jonken
08-26-08, 7:41 am
Im with you on that one Panzer. Since 1-2 years back i realized pain was all in your head. Its a feeling that could be pushed away quite easy. I also took your advice about oats and sugar free apple souce some months ago, makes a damn good breakfast. But i usually add a banana in there as well. I have minor sleeping problems from time to time, probably stress related or something, but watching a movie before bed really helps for me. I find dramas and thrillers works best. Maybe because after seeing the movie theres a lot of questions around it that i can lay down and think about while falling to sleep.

Barpinator
08-26-08, 10:39 am
I'm not much of a sleeper myself. Been having trouble sleeing good for several years, so it's a big issue to me. Hope you will be able to take control over this yourself Barpen!

As for the food, Themostocles is right in what he says. A lot of lean meat, such as turkey, chicken, fish (!), beef etc. and a lot of complex carbohydrates. Oatmeal is my first choice when it comes to carbs - Breakfast ALWAYS include a bowl of oatmeal (havregrynsgröt) with almonds, rasins, cinnamon, (linfrön) and sugarfree apple sauce - and a big shake of whey protein mixed with milk to drink on the side. When having this breakfast safe and secured in my belly, additional supplements in form of Animal Pak is taken with two glasses of water. Remember - breakfast IS important shit!

Fight on!

My problem is not to fall asleep, it's to go to the bed. Tha positiv thing with that is that it's easy to fix that problem.

Okej, thanks for the tip bro. I think that I'll take up my old habit and start to eat porridge to breakfast. Now I use to take two or three sandwiches, which ain't enough.

Is it important to drink much water with the pak? (Last time i took it i manage to take all the pills in the same time)

Barpinator
08-26-08, 10:49 am
Deadlifts: 10x80, 10x80, 15x80
Pullups behind head: 10x65 (seated), 13xbodyweight
Seated Cable Rows: 15x35, 15x45
Pull downs: 13x50, 13x65
Chins (seated): 13x65, 10x70

The deadlifts starts to feel really good, I did the first two sets without straps and when i used straps on the last one I manage to do more reps.

I found out today that I like the seated rows better then the one arm rows because it's much easier to keep a good form with it and it's easier to squees the muscles together.

Barpinator
08-28-08, 2:15 am
Biceps
BB curl wide grip: 15x30, 10x30, 15x25
BB curl close grip: 15x25, 12x27,5, 12x27,5
DB curl: 10x12, 13x12, 6x15

Forearms
Wrist curls: 15x25, 15x25
Wrist curls reversed grip: 15x20

This were a great w/o, afterwards my forearms hurted really bad and my arms were really stiff. It was wonderful to get pump again since it have been a while.

Themostocles
08-28-08, 2:24 am
Deadlifts: 10x80, 10x80, 15x80
Pullups behind head: 10x65 (seated), 13xbodyweight
Seated Cable Rows: 15x35, 15x45
Pull downs: 13x50, 13x65
Chins (seated): 13x65, 10x70

The deadlifts starts to feel really good, I did the first two sets without straps and when i used straps on the last one I manage to do more reps.

I found out today that I like the seated rows better then the one arm rows because it's much easier to keep a good form with it and it's easier to squees the muscles together.

Biceps
BB curl wide grip: 15x30, 10x30, 15x25
BB curl close grip: 15x25, 12x27,5, 12x27,5
DB curl: 10x12, 13x12, 6x15

Forearms
Wrist curls: 15x25, 15x25
Wrist curls reversed grip: 15x20

This were a great w/o, afterwards my forearms hurted really bad and my arms were really stiff. It was wonderful to get pump again since it have been a while.

Both good looking days Barpin. Strong arms and back. Seated rows are good, bent over rows are better, and you still get the squeeze. -T.

Thrawn
08-28-08, 3:47 am
Things are progressing nicely in here.
Just a quick: KEEP ADDING PLATES from your brother here!

panzerwagen
08-28-08, 9:09 am
Is it important to drink much water with the pak? (Last time i took it i manage to take all the pills in the same time)

Well, make sure to drink pretty much water. I don't think a small glass of it is sufficient when taking the pack. Remember, it's ALWAYS good to maintain a good water intake! I'm not a heavy drinker of water though, but I always start my day by drinking some after getting up, and it's good to keep in mind to drink throughout the day.

Barpinator
09-03-08, 10:17 am
Yesterday I cancelled my gym training because i had two cario sessions that started at 19.30 so i felt that it were pointless to go to the gym cus i would be tired later on the day.

First i went out running 10 km, it took me 49 minutes which is slow tempo for me and 30 minutes after i came back from running i swam for 1 hour.

panzerwagen
09-03-08, 10:22 am
Yesterday I cancelled my gym training because i had two cario sessions that started at 19.30 so i felt that it were pointless to go to the gym cus i would be tired later on the day.

First i went out running 10 km, it took me 49 minutes which is slow tempo for me and 30 minutes after i came back from running i swam for 1 hour.

Good work Barpen! I would die from boredom before exhaustion if I'd swim for an hour. I never had the right mindset or patience for this. Keep on going!

Barpinator
09-03-08, 12:28 pm
Good work Barpen! I would die from boredom before exhaustion if I'd swim for an hour. I never had the right mindset or patience for this. Keep on going!

Before I were thought how to swim i thought it were boring as hell to, but now when i know how to do i love it. And i'm doing sick progress now and gets better and better all the time. Thanks for your support

Thrawn
09-04-08, 4:08 am
Bloody hell, now THAT is cardio!! Impressive, Barpinator! 10km running and an hour of swimming =)) Jezus!

Jonken
09-04-08, 10:18 am
Arm Day!

Triceps:
Skullcrushers:
17.5x12
22.5x10
27.5x10 PR!!!!!
27.5x5

Dips between benches:

Triceps pulldowns:
17.5x10
10x10

Bicep:
Ez-curls
(close) 17.5x10
(normal) 22.5x10
(wide) 22.5x10

Shoulders:

Arnold Press:
15x10
15x8

Standing military press
(Behind head) 20x5
(normal) 20x10
(normal) 20x10

Themostocles
09-05-08, 1:22 am
Great workout Jonken, congrats on the PR. -T.

Jonken
09-05-08, 2:20 am
Great workout Jonken, congrats on the PR. -T.

thank you. Skullcrushers is one of my favorite lifts, so it felt good to place a PR there. =)

Themostocles
09-05-08, 2:22 am
thank you. Skullcrushers is one of my favorite lifts, so it felt good to place a PR there. =)

Ever try a JM press? Its like a skullcrusher, but after you lower the weight to your skull you drop your elbows and press the weihgt back up. Great burn. -t.

Jonken
09-05-08, 2:24 am
Ever try a JM press? Its like a skullcrusher, but after you lower the weight to your skull you drop your elbows and press the weihgt back up. Great burn. -t.

Drop the elbows? you thinking of pullovers? Didnt quite understand what you mean there

Themostocles
09-05-08, 2:26 am
Drop the elbows? you thinking of pullovers? Didnt quite understand what you mean there

Drop your elbows like you were going to do a close grip bench press. Not sure how else to explain it, sorry. -T.

Jonken
09-05-08, 2:28 am
Drop your elbows like you were going to do a close grip bench press. Not sure how else to explain it, sorry. -T.

aaah ok. I think i understand. Ill try to google some pictures or vids of it.

Themostocles
09-05-08, 2:31 am
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=JM+Press

Jonken
09-05-08, 2:34 am
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=JM+Press

Yeah i found it as well. Seems like a cool lift. I might try it next thursday. Could be fun to do something new

Thrawn
09-05-08, 3:49 am
Good work, Jonken!! Congrats on the PR! Impressive weight and reps for skullcrushers!! Do you use an ezbar or a straight bar?

Jonken
09-05-08, 8:47 am
Good work, Jonken!! Congrats on the PR! Impressive weight and reps for skullcrushers!! Do you use an ezbar or a straight bar?

i use a EZ-bar. I feel its kinder for my elbows. Sometimes ive been feeling pain using a straight bar

panzerwagen
09-05-08, 9:23 am
i use a EZ-bar. I feel its kinder for my elbows. Sometimes ive been feeling pain using a straight bar

Good thing to play it as safe as possible Jonken! How do you warm up before doing your crushers? Personally I recommend that you warm up with 3 light sets of rope pushdowns before getting to the real work to be done. You get the pump you need, and it will warm your elbows up pretty good. Damn, I ALWAYS warm up my triceps this way before hitting other exercises.

Jonken
09-05-08, 11:40 am
Good thing to play it as safe as possible Jonken! How do you warm up before doing your crushers? Personally I recommend that you warm up with 3 light sets of rope pushdowns before getting to the real work to be done. You get the pump you need, and it will warm your elbows up pretty good. Damn, I ALWAYS warm up my triceps this way before hitting other exercises.

I usually do 2 light sets before of maybe 12-15 reps. I tend to feel more pain during lighter sets then heavier ones. But during my working sets i never really feel any pain

Barpinator
09-05-08, 3:04 pm
Yesterday i did some cardio training again and as i did for two day ago i started with some running, this time i ran 8 km on 34 minutes which was a good time on a workout for me and i rounded it up with some swimming (one hour)

Now i'm going to take a break on my full time gym training and cut down to two gym sessions/week and do cardio training four times/week because i have two races coming up.

Do toy guys have any ideas how i should spend my two sessions best to keep the strength i got?

Jonken
09-05-08, 3:37 pm
i would do somekind of full body w/o. With some heavy compounds. Ex Deads, bench, Cleans, Rows and military press. I dont think you want to squat if your going to be running. But that depends on your recovery rate

Thrawn
09-05-08, 4:31 pm
I see Jonken is picking up knowledge pretty quick =)
He is right. If you wanna keep up strength, the heavy compounds is where its at. A few of those and you got some good overall training.

Barpinator
09-06-08, 12:32 pm
today I ran for 8,7 km and I did it on 41 minutes. It were a good w/o for me.

I have thought about my gym training now and I think that I will do the following:

Monday: Gym (Deadlifts, Power cleans, Benchpress)

Tuesday: Running and swimming

Wednesday: Gym (Military press, Seated rows, Close grip bench)

Thursday: Running and Swimming

Friday: Rest

Saturday/Sunday: Running of one of these days

What do you think about this set-up? And how many sets and reps do you recommend?

Jonken
09-06-08, 12:33 pm
i would really change the wendsday to Friday. I think you'll need more rest with those exercises. Since they are all kinda like each other.

Barpinator
09-06-08, 12:43 pm
Monday: Gym (Deadlifts, Power cleans, Benchpress)

Tuesday: Running and swimming

Thursday: Running and Swimming

Friday: Gym (Military press, Seated rows, Close grip bench)

Saturday/Sunday: Running of one of these days

Thrawn
09-07-08, 2:13 pm
Looks good, Barpinator. It is always difficult to tell if this will be good for you or not. We are all different with different recovery rates. Give it a try, experimentation is KEY to learning. I would start out with max 4 sets as they are all big compound movements. You also wanna increase strength, so i would keep my reps to max 10 here. But please, feel free to go by instinct too.

Jonken
09-07-08, 2:48 pm
Hey. Talked to a guy at my job today. He also works as a PT at two gyms. We started talking some about training, so i asked him what his deadlift PR is. And the answer was 247.5Kg! He got this PR when he was 20years old (think hes about 40 now). And his weight back then was 78Kg at 170cm. After talking to him some he made me want to go back to basics a little bit. After this week i might try Rippetoes, Madcow or something like that, doing 5-7reps with 3-5 sets of only heavy compounds. What do you guys think of this?

Themostocles
09-07-08, 3:42 pm
Hey. Talked to a guy at my job today. He also works as a PT at two gyms. We started talking some about training, so i asked him what his deadlift PR is. And the answer was 247.5Kg! He got this PR when he was 20years old (think hes about 40 now). And his weight back then was 78Kg at 170cm. After talking to him some he made me want to go back to basics a little bit. After this week i might try Rippetoes, Madcow or something like that, doing 5-7reps with 3-5 sets of only heavy compounds. What do you guys think of this?

If strength and mass is what you want, do it. There are more important things than being shredded lol. -T.

Jonken
09-07-08, 3:49 pm
Found the old 5x5 Madcow program, seems pretty solid imo. Might give this a try.

Monday:

Compounds:
o Squats 5x5: 5th set should be the same weight as last Friday's triple
o Bench 5x5: 5th set should be the same weight as last Friday's triple
o Rows 5x5: 5th set should be the same weight as last Friday's triple
Assistance:
o Weighted hyper extensions 2x8
o Weighted Sit ups 4x8

Wednesday:

Compounds:
o Squats 4x5: First three sets are the same as Monday's. 4th set is the same weight as the third set
o Incline Bench/Military Press 4x5: Increase weight 10-15% each set
o Deadlifts 4x5: Increase weight 10-15% each set
Assistance:
o Sit-ups 3x25

Friday:

Compounds:
o Squats: 4x5(Same weight as Monday) + 1x3 (2.5% above the weight of Mondays last set) + 1x8 (Same weight as your third set)
o Bench: 4x5(Same weight as Monday) + 1x3 (2.5% above the weight of Mondays last set) + 1x8 (Same weight as your third set)
o Rows: 4x5(Same weight as Monday) + 1x3 (2.5% above the weight of Mondays last set) + 1x8 (Same weight as your third set)
Assistance:
o Weighted Dips 3x8
o Barbell Curls 3x8
o Overhead tricep extensions 3x8

Jonken
09-07-08, 4:15 pm
Ok ill try this tomorrow. Ill start by finding out my 5RM on all the exercises this week, so i can get to work next week. This program also suggests a slow start. So ill be lifting less in the coming 4 weeks then i do today.

Wish me luck bro's!

Thrawn
09-08-08, 4:13 am
Ok ill try this tomorrow. Ill start by finding out my 5RM on all the exercises this week, so i can get to work next week. This program also suggests a slow start. So ill be lifting less in the coming 4 weeks then i do today.

Wish me luck bro's!

Looks solid, Jonken! Take it easy in the beginning, let your body get used to that kind of workload. After you have adapted a bit: it is ON, brother!

And you dont need good luck, Jonken =) All you need is plenty of rest and food. Aint nothing to it but to do it =)))
GO FOR IT!

Jonken
09-08-08, 11:36 am
Looks solid, Jonken! Take it easy in the beginning, let your body get used to that kind of workload. After you have adapted a bit: it is ON, brother!

And you dont need good luck, Jonken =) All you need is plenty of rest and food. Aint nothing to it but to do it =)))
GO FOR IT!

Yeah, the program includes a 4 week start off. Were ill lift 10% lower then my current max. Just to get me adapted.

I did legs today

Warmup

Squats: 60x5, 70x5, 72,5x5

Leg Press: 40x10, 70x10, 90x10, 90x10

Hamstring Curls: 30x10, 30x10, 30x10

Had to make this a short session. Because i was coaching my bro. First time in the gym for him. Im going to put him on Rippetoes, so i showed him how to do everything with a proper form. He will train with me in the future because he just joined my school's american football team. He never really trained before, so we will start really easy with him. Just to build a good core

Jonken
09-08-08, 2:35 pm
Oh btw. On monday i was thinking of changing the Hyper-extensions for Pullups. Dont wanna get rid of my lats. And it seems a bit unnecessary to do them when its only 2 days away from deadlifts.

Jonken
09-10-08, 9:33 am
Grrrr. Misc day today, just to check my 5RM

Bench: 55x5 -------Really disappointed since ive done 55x10 before. But whatever...

Rows: 47,5x5 ------- Really happy with this since i did 15x10 before. But i did not sacrifice form for weights either.

Military Press: 35x5 ------- Not happy, not disappointed. Did the same weights half a year ago, but my shoulders have been injured for some weeks now and then. And i feel like i could raise this quite fast

panzerwagen
09-10-08, 1:27 pm
Grrrr. Misc day today, just to check my 5RM

Bench: 55x5 -------Really disappointed since ive done 55x10 before. But whatever...

Rows: 47,5x5 ------- Really happy with this since i did 15x10 before. But i did not sacrifice form for weights either.

Military Press: 35x5 ------- Not happy, not disappointed. Did the same weights half a year ago, but my shoulders have been injured for some weeks now and then. And i feel like i could raise this quite fast

Don't be disappointed Jonken. I think you're moving good weight. Man, pressing 35kgs in militaries is not bad. And the rows... keep it up! make sure you eat your oats though!

Jonken
09-10-08, 1:53 pm
Don't be disappointed Jonken. I think you're moving good weight. Man, pressing 35kgs in militaries is not bad. And the rows... keep it up! make sure you eat your oats though!

the oats aint a problem, i promise you. I get around 175g of them for breakfast, and maybe 140 for last meal. And if i take shakes i usually have 35g in them as well. Only reason why im disappointed is because i aimed for 60kg bench today, and i hitted 55, and that felt heavy. But whatever, ill be at 60kg in 7 weeks if everything works as it should. Thanks for the support T! :D

Thrawn
09-10-08, 4:26 pm
Got yourself some good markers there. Now its time to work on BREAKING them into bits, Jonken! And hell yeah, 35kg on militaries is nothing to sneeze at. For your size and weight that is pretty darn impressive.
Nice brother! Now go, rest, eat and BEAT the HELL out of those markers!

Jonken
09-10-08, 4:30 pm
Got yourself some good markers there. Now its time to work on BREAKING them into bits, Jonken! And hell yeah, 35kg on militaries is nothing to sneeze at. For your size and weight that is pretty darn impressive.
Nice brother! Now go, rest, eat and BEAT the HELL out of those markers!

thanks man. Im really looking forward to try what my 5RM deads are at friday. I feel that my back have developed really well. After this i will have 3 easy weeks, almost like a cruise. ;)

Then its time to improve my lifts! I will also start bulking like a maniac now. Because if i want to be able to raise everything 2.5% every week, i need to eat like a freak. If i gain some extra fat ill start doing some cardio. And i will keep my diet clean, maybe a cheat meal now and then, but not for the extra cals. LETS DO THIS PALS!!!

Barpinator
09-11-08, 2:47 pm
After a four day long cold I went out for a short running session this afternoon, i ran for 5-6 km in a slow tempo just to get the body used to activity again and it felt good.

Had a high pulse thou but I get better and better. Thanks god for animal pak =)

Jonken
09-12-08, 10:31 am
So today i went to check my Deadlift 5RM and guide my bro. To bad i had quite bad energy because i forgot a meal while being in school.

Deadlift:

30Kgx15
50x10
70x5
80x5
80x5
90x5
100x5

Dips:
BWx13
Bw+5x5
Bw+5x7
Bw+5x5

I was so damn tired after this so i had to quit. I did not want to try 110 on the Deads because i felt tired after all the other sets, and Barpen told me that my form lacked a bit with my shoulders. Im still quite happy with my lifts today.

panzerwagen
09-12-08, 11:48 am
So today i went to check my Deadlift 5RM and guide my bro. To bad i had quite bad energy because i forgot a meal while being in school.

Deadlift:

30Kgx15
50x10
70x5
80x5
80x5
90x5
100x5

Dips:
BWx13
Bw+5x5
Bw+5x7
Bw+5x5

I was so damn tired after this so i had to quit. I did not want to try 110 on the Deads because i felt tired after all the other sets, and Barpen told me that my form lacked a bit with my shoulders. Im still quite happy with my lifts today.

Hell man.. good weight on the deads! Hope your back is intact still.

Jonken
09-12-08, 11:59 am
Hell man.. good weight on the deads! Hope your back is intact still.

My back is just fine. Its my strongest bodypart. If i would feel any kind of pain i would quit as soon as i felt it, dont want to mess anything up

panzerwagen
09-12-08, 12:14 pm
My back is just fine. Its my strongest bodypart. If i would feel any kind of pain i would quit as soon as i felt it, dont want to mess anything up

good!

Themostocles
09-13-08, 12:00 am

Deadlift:

30Kgx15
50x10
70x5
80x5
80x5
90x5
100x5

Dips:
BWx13
Bw+5x5
Bw+5x7
Bw+5x5

Good job playing it safe, but still a damn good job. Strong back brother. THe part about the shoulders, are you talking about the lock out? -T.

Jonken
09-13-08, 4:42 am
Good job playing it safe, but still a damn good job. Strong back brother. THe part about the shoulders, are you talking about the lock out? -T.

I think thats what its called. I wasnt able to hold my shoulders up/back all the time during the lift.

Thrawn
09-14-08, 6:47 am
Too bad to hear you had a cold, Barpinator. That sucks! But you will be up and running in no time!
Excellent deads, Jonken!! Well done!!

Jonken
09-14-08, 8:00 am
Too bad to hear you had a cold, Barpinator. That sucks! But you will be up and running in no time!
Excellent deads, Jonken!! Well done!!

Thank you, i can tell you that i have not been this sore in a long time. Feels pretty good.

Thrawn
09-15-08, 3:29 am
Thank you, i can tell you that i have not been this sore in a long time. Feels pretty good.

Yeah, its great, isnt it? I LOVE those days when you are sore to the bone. I do get that very often, but when i do i ADORE it.

Jonken
09-15-08, 11:47 am
Exercise Reps Wk 1
Squat 5x 34
------ 5x 42
------ 5x 50
------ 5x 59
------ 5x 67
Bench 5x 25
------ 5x 32
------ 5x 38
------ 5x 45
------ 5x 51
Row ------5x 22
------ 5x 28
------ 5x 33
------ 5x 39
------ 5x 44

Hypers:
2x8 10Kg

Situps:
2x8 10Kg
2x8 20Kg

These aint the exact lifts, but i did everything with a weight as close to it as i could.

Felt good btw. I also helped my bro with rippetoes routine

Thrawn
09-15-08, 12:56 pm
Rows; what kind of rows did you do, brother? Seated? One arm? Bent over?

Jonken
09-15-08, 1:34 pm
Rows; what kind of rows did you do, brother? Seated? One arm? Bent over?

Bent over, 90 degrees =)

Thrawn
09-15-08, 1:38 pm
Okay, Jonken =)) I see you are really putting some time into the compound movements!! NICE, brother!!

Jonken
09-15-08, 1:50 pm
Okay, Jonken =)) I see you are really putting some time into the compound movements!! NICE, brother!!

Thats whats this program is about, Fucking A! :)

Themostocles
09-15-08, 11:24 pm
Thats a great session Jonken. Compounds after compound, its growing time lol. -T.

Jonken
09-16-08, 2:01 am
It sure is T.

Well wile talking about growing, i weighted myself this morning. im now 64.2Kg. Im pretty happy with this since i have not been able to train while being sick. And still seeing gains feels good

Themostocles
09-16-08, 2:21 am
It sure is T.

Well wile talking about growing, i weighted myself this morning. im now 64.2Kg. Im pretty happy with this since i have not been able to train while being sick. And still seeing gains feels good

Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? And how old? -T.

Jonken
09-16-08, 2:53 am
Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? And how old? -T.

Im a real stick! 181 tall, and 18 y/o

Themostocles
09-16-08, 3:07 am
Im a real stick! 181 tall, and 18 y/o

Thats alright, with the test you got flwong around in you, proper work and food will fill out your frame fast. -T.

Themostocles
09-16-08, 3:15 am
Thats alright, with the test you got flwong around in you, proper work and food will fill out your frame fast. -T.

Errr, flowing. My bad lol. -T.

Jonken
09-16-08, 3:15 am

Yupp. Gained 15Kg in 3 years now. And 9 of those is in the last year only. And im still a rookie, learning new things everyday. So i guess it will keep coming until i feel im done

Themostocles
09-16-08, 3:20 am
Yupp. Gained 15Kg in 3 years now. And 9 of those is in the last year only. And im still a rookie, learning new things everyday. So i guess it will keep coming until i feel im done

LOL, I was 200lbs+ by the time I was 14. I wish I could have been that skinny. -T.

Jonken
09-16-08, 3:24 am
LOL, I was 200lbs+ by the time I was 14. I wish I could have been that skinny. -T.

Oh. I find it quite interesting how genetics play in. Well i was a geek and never felt hungry. Was a damn skeleton back then. How tall are you btw? and whats you BF% right now?

Themostocles
09-16-08, 3:32 am
Oh. I find it quite interesting how genetics play in. Well i was a geek and never felt hungry. Was a damn skeleton back then. How tall are you btw? and whats you BF% right now?

I am 5'10'', and I am guessing 17-19%. I've always been abit chubby, but its getting quite abit better. -T.

Jonken
09-16-08, 3:34 am
I am 5'10'', and I am guessing 17-19%. I've always been abit chubby, but its getting quite abit better. -T.

well thats not to bad. A friend of mine went from about that to 10% just during summer. You'll be lean in no time.

Thrawn
09-16-08, 5:03 am
Congrats, Jonken! Growing along nicely!! Keep this up, hit the compounds hard and you hit 70kg before the end of the year, i am pretty sure of that.

Jonken
09-16-08, 5:23 am
Congrats, Jonken! Growing along nicely!! Keep this up, hit the compounds hard and you hit 70kg before the end of the year, i am pretty sure of that.

yeah i think so as well. thanks you for your input!

Thrawn
09-16-08, 5:26 am
yeah i think so as well. thanks you for your input!

No problem, Jonken! My pleasure.
Just aim real high and GO GET IT. That 70kg is YOURS, Jonken. OWN that number.

Jonken
09-16-08, 8:37 am
70 is mine, no doubt! My next goal is 80 for summer. I think i have a good chance to get those as well!

Jonken
09-17-08, 6:39 am
Squat
5x34
5x42
5x50
5x50
Military Press
5x20
5x24
5x28
5x32
Deadlift
5x58
5x70
5x81
5x93

Assistance: Sit ups: 3x25

Was a lil sore in my hams and stomach today. But it all went fine anyway. Had my friend Makkan to spot me as well. I dont train so often with him anymore, which is sad, but today was a good workout. I was not able to train with my brother today, i hope he's able to go to the gym with another friend so he gets his job done

Themostocles
09-17-08, 6:53 am
Good lifting Jonken. -T.

Jonken
09-17-08, 6:57 am
Good lifting Jonken. -T.

Thank you. Its quite confusing this program, i dont understand why i have so light squats today. But if it gives good results im on =)

Themostocles
09-17-08, 7:05 am
Thank you. Its quite confusing this program, i dont understand why i have so light squats today. But if it gives good results im on =)

They are probably light for recovery purposes. You can't lift the same move heavy everytime, it would cripple your CNS. -T.

Jonken
09-17-08, 7:26 am
They are probably light for recovery purposes. You can't lift the same move heavy everytime, it would cripple your CNS. -T.

ah ok cool. hope it works then. Feels great to do these big moves so often. Love em

js71474
09-17-08, 10:57 am
Both of you guys are making great progress, it will be interested to see more pix in about three months. Jonken you are going to explode on the 5x5, looks like you got it down as prescribed! Great work to both of you, and best of luck in the gains department!! I am definitely subbed for this, I regret it took me so long to get on board!

Jonken
09-17-08, 12:04 pm
Both of you guys are making great progress, it will be interested to see more pix in about three months. Jonken you are going to explode on the 5x5, looks like you got it down as prescribed! Great work to both of you, and best of luck in the gains department!! I am definitely subbed for this, I regret it took me so long to get on board!

Hope you'll find this journey interesting. I will post new pix when i think i have made notable gains. Probably when im closer to 70Kg. Are you using the Excel document for 5x5?

js71474
09-17-08, 3:34 pm
Hope you'll find this journey interesting. I will post new pix when i think i have made notable gains. Probably when im closer to 70Kg. Are you using the Excel document for 5x5?It's already interesting! I am not using the excel doc., I just printed all the info and copied it in my journal, and I use a calculator for all the 2.5% increases, I probably complicated the process by not using the excel form but so far it's working.

Jonken
09-17-08, 3:55 pm
It's already interesting! I am not using the excel doc., I just printed all the info and copied it in my journal, and I use a calculator for all the 2.5% increases, I probably complicated the process by not using the excel form but so far it's working.

ah ok. Heres an url for the template in excel. It shows what you are supposed to lift for a 9 week period

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm#Progression

Its in the bottom of the page. Could save you some time with maths

Thrawn
09-17-08, 3:56 pm
Squat
5x34
5x42
5x50
5x50
Military Press
5x20
5x24
5x28
5x32
Deadlift
5x58
5x70
5x81
5x93

Assistance: Sit ups: 3x25

Was a lil sore in my hams and stomach today. But it all went fine anyway. Had my friend Makkan to spot me as well. I dont train so often with him anymore, which is sad, but today was a good workout. I was not able to train with my brother today, i hope he's able to go to the gym with another friend so he gets his job done

WELL DONE, Jonken!! That is some solid lifting!
And yes, Seth is right, if you would ONLY do HEAVY lifts, your central nervous system would get taxed a lot. So to avoid overloading it, it is good to alternate HEAVY lifting with some LIGHT and/or SPEED lifting. The so-called Maximum Effort (Heavy training) and Dynamic Effort (Light/Speed) variation. Very good system.

Jonken
09-17-08, 4:00 pm
WELL DONE, Jonken!! That is some solid lifting!
And yes, Seth is right, if you would ONLY do HEAVY lifts, your central nervous system would get taxed a lot. So to avoid overloading it, it is good to alternate HEAVY lifting with some LIGHT and/or SPEED lifting. The so-called Maximum Effort (Heavy training) and Dynamic Effort (Light/Speed) variation. Very good system.

Ah ok cool. Can wait until friday now. Some real heavy lifting. Im already feeling a little sore in my back, which is great!!

js71474
09-17-08, 4:17 pm
ah ok. Heres an url for the template in excel. It shows what you are supposed to lift for a 9 week period

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm#Progression

Its in the bottom of the page. Could save you some time with mathsThanks Jonken!

Jonken
09-17-08, 4:19 pm
Thanks Jonken!

Your welcome man, we're here to help each other, right? Im just glad i could help, since im not that full of knowledge

Jonken
09-21-08, 1:30 pm
Squat
5x35
5x42.5
5x50
5x60
3x70
8x50
Bench
5x25
5x32.5
5x37.5
5x45
3x52.5
8x37.5
Row
5x22.5
5x27.5
5x32.5
5x40
3x45
8x32.5

Assistance:
Dips:
7x5kg
7x5kg
6x6.25Kg

Didnt have time for curls. But the dips felt awesome!

Themostocles
09-21-08, 2:19 pm
Looking good Jonken, you will get the curls next time? Barp, you still in this? -T.

Jonken
09-21-08, 4:35 pm
Looking good Jonken, you will get the curls next time? Barp, you still in this? -T.

I will get the curls next time, as well as some kind of tricep press. Barp is still in this. He's just been sick for 1-2 weeks now.

Barpinator
09-21-08, 5:26 pm
As Jonken says i've been sick for a while now and haven't trained for a while. But now i'm back on track again. Had my first gym session for weeks this friday. I didn't remeber any numbers exept from one (I'll return to that later). But as you may know I've one running race coming up this friday so i will focus on running this week aswell, went out running this afternoon btw. I ran 10 km on 43 minutes which i'm really pleased with.

back to my number then, I took 70 kg x 5 on benchpress. I'm really proud over that snice i've had a platform on maybe 65 kg for 8 months ago.

Themostocles
09-21-08, 8:56 pm
As Jonken says i've been sick for a while now and haven't trained for a while. But now i'm back on track again. Had my first gym session for weeks this friday. I didn't remeber any numbers exept from one (I'll return to that later). But as you may know I've one running race coming up this friday so i will focus on running this week aswell, went out running this afternoon btw. I ran 10 km on 43 minutes which i'm really pleased with.

back to my number then, I took 70 kg x 5 on benchpress. I'm really proud over that snice i've had a platform on maybe 65 kg for 8 months ago.

I hope you are feeling better too. THat is a great bench, certainly no joke. That run is no joke, that is a great speed with endurance, good luck on your race Friday! -T.

js71474
09-22-08, 8:29 am
Nice Friday work Jonken!! Good to hear you are feeling better Barpinator, the benching looked good bro!

Jonken
09-22-08, 11:26 am
Squats
5x35
5x42.5
5x52.5
5x60
5x70

Bench
5x25
5x32.5
5x42.5
5x52.5
5x52.5

Rows
5x22.5
5x27.5
5x35
5x40
5x45

The hyper thingy was broken today, so i could not use it.

Assistance:
Weighted Sit-ups: 8x10, XXx20, XXx20

I mixed up the bench stats with the Squats today. So i got a little shocked when it said i was supposed to bench 60kg. Then i realised my mistake...

Themostocles
09-22-08, 12:01 pm
I mixed up the bench stats with the Squats today. So i got a little shocked when it said i was supposed to bench 60kg. Then i realised my mistake...

Did you give that weight a try? You might be surprised. My barrier on bench was all mental. LMAO off at hyper thingy! Great workout Jonken, you are doing great on this program. -T.

Jonken
09-22-08, 12:14 pm
Did you give that weight a try? You might be surprised. My barrier on bench was all mental. LMAO off at hyper thingy! Great workout Jonken, you are doing great on this program. -T.

I did more then my bench day required. But i didnt try do do 60kgs. Ill just keep to this program and hope to see steady gains in the long term.

panzerwagen
09-22-08, 12:22 pm
I did more then my bench day required. But i didnt try do do 60kgs. Ill just keep to this program and hope to see steady gains in the long term.

You seem to come along fine Jonken! And it's good to see you're taking it one step at a time. Persistance and a whole lot of will and patience and fucking hard work will get you where you want. Look forward to the next gathering, to meet you guys again! It might be that we turn out just a few animals this time (if we can arrange the whole deal at all), but we can plan for a bigger one later this year or in the beggining of next year.

Jonken
09-22-08, 12:32 pm
You seem to come along fine Jonken! And it's good to see you're taking it one step at a time. Persistance and a whole lot of will and patience and fucking hard work will get you where you want. Look forward to the next gathering, to meet you guys again! It might be that we turn out just a few animals this time (if we can arrange the whole deal at all), but we can plan for a bigger one later this year or in the beggining of next year.

Both seems just fine. The later the better (the bigger ill be ;)). Yeah i really want to follow this program strictly, so i dont mess anything up. Btw, got a really cool album from my dad 2 days ago. Sixx .A.M - The heroin Diaries Soundtrack. Fucking awesome

panzerwagen
09-22-08, 12:34 pm
Both seems just fine. The later the better (the bigger ill be ;)). Yeah i really want to follow this program strictly, so i dont mess anything up. Btw, got a really cool album from my dad 2 days ago. Sixx .A.M - The heroin Diaries Soundtrack. Fucking awesome

Never heard about that one.. is it some old stuff or new?

Themostocles
09-22-08, 12:53 pm
Never heard about that one.. is it some old stuff or new?

Its new. Its NIcki Sixx of Motley Crue, I think. Did you get the book that goes with it Jonken? -T.

Jonken
09-22-08, 1:10 pm
Its new. Its NIcki Sixx of Motley Crue, I think. Did you get the book that goes with it Jonken? -T.

its new as you said. Its not Nicky Sixx what i know. But its like a fans band. I do have the book, but i forgot it at my summer house.... The book is really cool as well. Only got to read about 5-7 pages though. Makes you understand the hell addicts is going through. Many of the lyrics from Sixx A.M. is taken straight from the book as well. If you dont have it, buy it!

Themostocles
09-22-08, 1:15 pm
its new as you said. Its not Nicky Sixx what i know. But its like a fans band. I do have the book, but i forgot it at my summer house.... The book is really cool as well. Only got to read about 5-7 pages though. Makes you understand the hell addicts is going through. Many of the lyrics from Sixx A.M. is taken straight from the book as well. If you dont have it, buy it!

I am pretty sure it is Nicki Sixx. http://www.sixxammusic.com/

Jonken
09-22-08, 1:36 pm
I am pretty sure it is Nicki Sixx. http://www.sixxammusic.com/

oh you were right. I got the idea he was only the producer or something, and was reading from the book. You've read the book and heard them?

Barpinator
09-22-08, 4:13 pm
I have a so called turtle belly and wonder if you guys have any tips on how I can reduce it. Jonken said that it may work if I use a waist support belt, what do you think about that?

Just for your information I have never taken any roids, me and jonken thinks that I have got it because I ate a lot of Trans fats when I was younger.

Themostocles
09-22-08, 9:51 pm
What is a turtle belly? Language barrier problem? -T.

Themostocles
09-23-08, 12:04 am
oh you were right. I got the idea he was only the producer or something, and was reading from the book. You've read the book and heard them?

I ahaven't read the book yet, but I have heard the album and several radio interviews with them. Great music. -T.

Jonken
09-23-08, 1:54 am
What is a turtle belly? Language barrier problem? -T.

Turtle belly is when someone with a low BF still have a "gut". Roid-gut is pretty much the same.

And the music is great. Love the song "girl with golden eyes"

Jonken
09-24-08, 12:57 pm
Squats
5x35
5x42.5
5x52.5
5x52.5

Military Press
5x20
5x25
5x30
5x32.5

Deadlift
5x60
5x70
5x82.5
5x95

Assistance:
Situps: 3x25

Everything went with ease today, felt good.

Barpinator
09-24-08, 1:04 pm
I'm impressed by your deadlifts bro, heavy as usual and with better for than we had before. Guess that you takes me on that exercise.

Great work!

js71474
09-24-08, 1:20 pm
Great work here to both of you! Jonken you're 5 x 5 is looking great!

Thrawn
09-24-08, 1:37 pm
Both min svensk brothers are doing WELL, i see!
Keep it up!

Jonken
09-24-08, 1:48 pm
Thanks guys! The new program feels really solid. This heavier lifting really affects the body in another way. Its another kind of burn. And i keep sweating for about 30-40min after the workout, but not to much during it. Feels unfresh but great!

Barpinator
09-24-08, 2:53 pm
I have a question to you gentlemen's.

I have a so called turtle belly and wonder if you guys have any tips on how I can reduce it. Jonken said that it may work if I use a waist support belt, what do you think about that?

Just for your information I have never taken any roids, me and jonken thinks that I have got it because I ate a lot of Trans fats when I was younger.

js71474
09-24-08, 3:08 pm
I have a question to you gentlemen's.

Just for your information I have never taken any roids, me and jonken thinks that I have got it because I ate a lot of Trans fats when I was younger.Check this out:
http://stronglifts.com/how-to-lose-fat-fast/

Themostocles
09-24-08, 10:36 pm
Great work here to both of you! Jonken you're 5 x 5 is looking great!

Both min svensk brothers are doing WELL, i see!
Keep it up!

x2.

Jonken
09-26-08, 11:04 am
Squats
5x34
5x43
5x52
5x60
3x71
8x52

Bench
5x26
5x33
5x39
5x46
3x54
8x39

Rows
5x23
5x28
5x34
5x40
3x46
8x34

Assistance:

Dips
10xBW
7x+5kg
5x+8.75
3x+7,5
5x+5

Curls:
8x17.5
8x22.5
8x25

Skullcrushers:
6x25
JM press:
5x25
Skullcrushers:
8x17,5

Damn i was burned out after this. Im abit disappointed by my Dips though...

js71474
09-29-08, 9:02 am
NICE JOB bro! Don't sweat those dips, remember you are hitting those after you have done all your heavy work, just keep adding a little to them each week and they will come up.

Jonken
09-29-08, 11:56 am
Squats
5x35
5x44
5x53
5x62
5x70 <-------- eaaasssyyyy could have done 2-3more reps, Ye!!!!

Bench:
5x27
5x34
5x40
5x47
5x55 <-------- Pretty heavy, but easier then 3weeks ago

Rows:
5x23
5x29
5x35
5x41
5x45 <--------- Funny, not heavy, not easy.

Assistance:

Hypers:
10x10 <------ so easy compared to last time i did hypers
15x8 <------ Felt really easy as well, did it very fast and didnt need a break between the sets. Got an awesome pump after these.

Today took a looooong time to finish, because i helped my bro and his friend with their training, spotting them and so on. My bro is really nailing the form on everything now. Hes friend lost his gym virginity today, so it took some time to explain the exercises for him.

I will do some sit-ups later tonight. I felt i needed to get some food into my stomach and that i didnt have the time for them at the gym.

I also feel that i will beat the shit out of my numbers this friday and next monday!!!!!

Themostocles
09-29-08, 12:34 pm
Great progress Jonken, you are really doing great. -T.

Jonken
09-29-08, 1:34 pm
Thanks for the support guys. This program feels awesome, and ive been eating good the last 3 weeks. Ive gained some BF, but im so low so right now i dont fear it. I still keep my food quite clean. It's cold outside so i dont need to show any skin anyway. My veins are still visible.

Now the program start to get really interesting, since im soon on the road for new PR's.

Barpinator
09-29-08, 3:32 pm
After some weeks off I will now start to gym train for real again. I have decided to follow the madcow training program, most because it fits good with my other training plans during a week, which includes swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A also follows it because I have seen Jonkens schedule and saw that he will do sick progress with it and I like sick progress so thought that this program was worth a try. I have also tried to do 5x5 for maybe 1,5 years ago and liked that way of training.

I strongly believe in this program and hope that it will work for me.
Oh, and btw. On the race last Saturday I ran 10km on 41 min 58 sec.

Jonken
10-01-08, 8:14 am
Squats
5x35
5x44
5x53
5x53

Military Press
5x21
5x26
5x30
5x34

Deadlift
5x61
5x73
5x85
5x98

Assistance:
Sit-ups: 3x25

Only took short breaks today, everything felt good. Did not have any big problem with anything. My grip on the deads were what was hardest, but its all cool anyway. Feeling energized this week.

Thrawn
10-01-08, 8:28 am
Still going strong, the both of you!
Almost 15km/h on a 10km run, that is FAST, Barpen! The best i ever did was 14 km/h, i believe. WELL DONE, brother! I did specialize a bit more in the 15-20km runs, but i was never THAT fast =)))
Looking strong, Jonken! Maybe you should put a bit time in training your grip, if it feels problematic.
Keep adding weights, brothers!!

Jonken
10-01-08, 8:31 am
Almost 15km/h on a 10km run, that is FAST, Barpen! The best i ever did was 14 km/h, i believe. WELL DONE, brother! I did specialize a bit more in the 15-20km runs, but i was never THAT fast =)))
Looking strong, Jonken! Maybe you should put a bit time in training your grip, if it feels problematic.
Keep adding weights, brothers!!

I dont really feel its a problem, but i cannot go 5 reps without regripping it or using mixed grip. This program feels so great =)

Themostocles
10-01-08, 8:39 am
I dont really feel its a problem, but i cannot go 5 reps without regripping it or using mixed grip.

Try superglue? LOL. -T.

Jonken
10-01-08, 8:59 am
that might work, but it sounds painful

Barpinator
10-01-08, 9:47 am
Today I checked how much I am able to take in Military press, Rows and Deadlifts. Just to add my stats to the madcow program.

Military press 37,5x5
Rows (90 degrees bent over) 57,5x5
Deadlifts 102,5x5 (mixed grip)

So now I only need to find out how much I can take in squats x5 (took 70x5 in bench for maybe two weeks ago) the only problem about that is that my form on squats really sucks. I have a bad habit to bend forward when I'm going to push the weights up or I don't push the up now. I use my back to get the weights up, that is something I need to work on.

Barpinator
10-01-08, 9:53 am

Thanks for your response Thrawn. I had a bad day on that day thou, my leg felt heavy from step one and it was pain all the way. I aimed for a time under 40 so I'm a bit unpleasant whit my time but I'll have more chances so it's just to look forward.

Thrawn
10-02-08, 4:53 pm
Today I checked how much I am able to take in Military press, Rows and Deadlifts. Just to add my stats to the madcow program.

Military press 37,5x5
Rows (90 degrees bent over) 57,5x5
Deadlifts 102,5x5 (mixed grip)

So now I only need to find out how much I can take in squats x5 (took 70x5 in bench for maybe two weeks ago) the only problem about that is that my form on squats really sucks. I have a bad habit to bend forward when I'm going to push the weights up or I don't push the up now. I use my back to get the weights up, that is something I need to work on.

Some good numbers, brother! NICE. And the squat will come. Practice, practice, practice. Doing some frontsquats will teach you to stay upright quickly, because with frontsquats, you do not have a choice: you MUST keep upright to hold the weight. Bend forward and you risk dropping it on your legs. NOT good =)
And if its any comfort: i see powerlifters at meets with over 10 years of experience and those athletes STILL have the same problem sometime. What you describe is one of the HARDEST parts to learn in the squat.

Thanks for your response Thrawn. I had a bad day on that day thou, my leg felt heavy from step one and it was pain all the way. I aimed for a time under 40 so I'm a bit unpleasant whit my time but I'll have more chances so it's just to look forward.

Damn! Then you are one fast dude!! Go GET IT next time, brother!!

Jonken
10-03-08, 10:46 am
Squats
5x35
5x44
5x53
5x62
3x72 <---- Easy
8x53

Bench
5x27
5x34
5x40
5x47
3x55 <----- Easy
8x40

Rows
5x23
5x29
5x35
5x41
3x47 <----- Super easy
8x35

Assistance:
Dips:
10xBW
6xBW+5
6xBW+5
6xBW+5

Bicep Curls:
8x22,5
8x25
6x27,5 <----- PR PR PR!!!!!

JM Press:
8x17,5

Skullcrushers:
8x22,5
6x22,5

Damn those assistance moves gave me a crazy pump. Dont think my arms ever been that big xD love it.

Thrawn
10-03-08, 10:48 am
OUTSTANDING, Jonken!! Proud of you, brother!!

Jonken
10-03-08, 10:50 am
OUTSTANDING, Jonken!! Proud of you, brother!!

Thanks man, btw, forgot to add that the Bicep curls is a PR!!!!!

Thrawn
10-03-08, 10:53 am
Great =)))
Now, just to be sure here; things might go easy now, but keep your form up to par! As long as you keep that solid as a rock, you can overcome any plateau that WILL come in the (near) future.

Jonken
10-03-08, 10:56 am
Great =)))
Now, just to be sure here; things might go easy now, but keep your form up to par! As long as you keep that solid as a rock, you can overcome any plateau that WILL come in the (near) future.

Yeah, im always thinking about my form now. And i usually have a training partner that can guide me if i do anything wrong. Just need to get my cals down, then the growing will come.

Thrawn
10-03-08, 11:04 am
Yeah, im always thinking about my form now. And i usually have a training partner that can guide me if i do anything wrong. Just need to get my cals down, then the growing will come.

Good to hear! Rest up and eat up, Jonken =) TIME TO GROW!

Jonken
10-03-08, 11:10 am
Good to hear! Rest up and eat up, Jonken =) TIME TO GROW!

Think ill hit 70 in about 2months, keeping my weight as a secret atm though. More fun this way

js71474
10-06-08, 8:34 am
Jonken, you are making great strides in the routine bro, nice work!! Barp, I'm looking forward to seeing how you do on the 5x5!

Jonken
10-06-08, 11:30 am
Squats
5x36
5x45
5x54
5x63
5x73 <-------- Damn this one felt really easy imo, even if i was quite tired in my legs.

Bench
5x28
5x34
5x41
5x48
5x55 <-------- Felt easy too, niiice

Rows
5x24
5x30
5x36
5x42
5x48 <----- Only thing that actually felt heavy today. But i was not close to failing

Assistance:

Hypers:
8x15
8x20 PR
8x20 <---- Making solid progress on these, i was pretty red in my face during the last set

Weighted situps:
8x15
9x20 PR
6x20 <----- The two first sets felt easy, on the last i just failed

Jonken
10-08-08, 9:07 am
Squats
5x36
5x45
5x54
5x54

Military Press
5x22
5x26
5x31
5x35 <------ Was still pretty heavy

Deadlift
5x63
5x75
5x88
6x100 <----- Went easier then expected. Had weak form in the first of them, the rest were good.

Assistance:

Situps: <------ Were fucking heavy today

js71474
10-08-08, 9:12 am
Nice work Jonken, you are making great progress with this! I know your weights are increasing but have you noticed any other changes yet?

Jonken
10-08-08, 9:21 am
Nice work Jonken, you are making great progress with this! I know your weights are increasing but have you noticed any other changes yet?

Thanks man. First of all, im bigger. Gained maybe 3kg in these 4 weeks. And im not sore the same way i used to be. Im just tired in my body all the time. And im glad to be able to walk like normal through the week.

Btw. Ill post Prog pics when im at 68kg.

js71474
10-08-08, 9:32 am
Thanks man. First of all, im bigger. Gained maybe 3kg in these 4 weeks. And im not sore the same way i used to be. Im just tired in my body all the time. And im glad to be able to walk like normal through the week.

Btw. Ill post Prog pics when im at 68kg.I knew you had to be seeing some gains in BW, nice gains in 4 weeks. You will definitely continue seeing gains like that, I have noticed the same thing, I am up 10 pounds from where I started and have seen body changes also. This routine is taxing on the CNS but the way it is set up you get enough rest in between sessions to prevent overtraining. Just remember about soreness....even though you don't feel sore your body is making great progress, the whole idea of soreness equating to a good workout is crap anyway. Keep at it Jonken, you are really doing a great job and I will assure you as long as you keep adding weight to the bar you will continue to see gains everywhere!!

js71474
10-08-08, 9:35 am
Shizz posted the book link in my thread but in case you want it here:http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Brawn-I...3473439&sr=8-1

Jonken
10-08-08, 9:52 am
Yeah. Just need to get my cals down properly to grow now. Only problem i notice with my CNS is that its killed after the workout, and i always get ill while walking up from a steep hill. (hope those are the words). Everything else feels great. Time to break some PR's now when im at week 4. Week 5 will be the real test.

js71474
10-08-08, 10:12 am
Yeah. Just need to get my cals down properly to grow now. Only problem i notice with my CNS is that its killed after the workout, and i always get ill while walking up from a steep hill. (hope those are the words). Everything else feels great. Time to break some PR's now when im at week 4. Week 5 will be the real test.Diet does play a role in gains but the constant adding weight to the bar is huge!! Looking forward to seeing you break those PR's! The book we were talking about has some real valuable info on diet and it gives you a way to figure exactly what you need for your body and your type of training, and it is a long process to figuring it out but once you get it to where you need it, it will come second nature to you.

Jonken
10-08-08, 10:38 am
Diet does play a role in gains but the constant adding weight to the bar is huge!! Looking forward to seeing you break those PR's! The book we were talking about has some real valuable info on diet and it gives you a way to figure exactly what you need for your body and your type of training, and it is a long process to figuring it out but once you get it to where you need it, it will come second nature to you.

ah ok. Thats cool. Did a lot of experimenting with food last year. Tried huge carb loads to 50% meat 50% carbs. I figured out that year that i need more carbs to add more quality mass. And now ive started adding Olive oil to all pasta and some Peanut butter into my shakes so i get enough fats. Seems to work good this far.

js71474
10-08-08, 10:42 am
ah ok. Thats cool. Did a lot of experimenting with food last year. Tried huge carb loads to 50% meat 50% carbs. I figured out that year that i need more carbs to add more quality mass. And now ive started adding Olive oil to all pasta and some Peanut butter into my shakes so i get enough fats. Seems to work good this far.Glad to hear it is working for you, keep up the good work man!

Jonken
10-08-08, 10:57 am
Thanks man. Also found some Swedish sites that sells Beyond Brawn.

Barpinator
10-09-08, 11:48 am
Hi bros.

I have been in Barcelona for six days now, that is why I haven't been active lately. But now I'm back and ready to lift some weights, starts tomorrow with a light w/o because I'll race, again, on Saturday. This court aren't as hilly as the last one and I really hope to break that 40 minutes line this time.

Jonken
10-09-08, 12:21 pm
Hi bros.

I have been in Barcelona for six days now, that is why I haven't been active lately. But now I'm back and ready to lift some weights, starts tomorrow with a light w/o because I'll race, again, on Saturday. This court aren't as hilly as the last one and I really hope to break that 40 minutes line this time.

Gratz on post 100 =). Nice to have you back in this thread as well.

Barpinator
10-09-08, 1:17 pm
Ooooh how analytic of you Jonken =)

It feels great to know that i'm going to walk down to the gym tomorrow, i really longing for Monday when i'm going to train 100 % again. It going to be hardcore!!!

Jonken
10-09-08, 1:40 pm
Ooooh how analytic of you Jonken =)

It feels great to know that i'm going to walk down to the gym tomorrow, i really longing for Monday when i'm going to train 100 % again. It going to be hardcore!!!

fuck yeah bro. On Monday its week 5, which means..... Time to break every fucking pm in the house!!!!!

Thrawn
10-09-08, 3:32 pm
Oh, i hear its ON IN HERE =)))
Go get whats YOURS, brothers!!!

Jonken
10-10-08, 10:42 am
Squats
5x36
5x45
5x54
5x63
3x74 <---- 75 because of lack of weights, felt really easy anyway.
8x54

Bench
5x28
5x34
5x41
5x48
3x56 <----- 55, Felt quite heavy today, but i did it with a long lock.
8x41

Rows
5x24
5x30
5x36
5x42
3x49 <------ 50, felt easy today
8x36

Assistance:

Dips:
5xBW
6xBW+5
6xBW+5
4xBW+5

Curls:
8x25
8x27.5
6x30 <---- PR!!!

Skullcrushers:
8x25
8x27.5
4x27.5

Im happy with everything today, hoooray. Need to buy mini weights for the gym though... thinking of buying 2 pairs of 0,5Kg weights. Becuase its annoying that i can only raise with 2,5kg at the lowest..

Barpinator
10-11-08, 6:03 am
Did some arm training yesterday, didn't remember any numbers because I just felt to lift some weights.

But anyway, I did: Skullcruchers, JM press, dips, BB curls with wide and close grip and arnold 21's

On monday i'll do my first w/o with the Madcow program, hope I like it.

Barpinator
10-12-08, 10:49 am
Ran my last race for the season today and I did my best 10km race ever. When I crossed the line the watch stood at 39:43 minutes, under 40 were my goal today. Those 17 seconds means a lot.

js71474
10-13-08, 8:12 am
Nice work Jonken, heavy triples looked great! If you don't feel like buying the small weights you could cut you some chain, it has been working great for me so far. Barp, looking forward to seeing your progress on the 5x5!

Jonken
10-13-08, 11:26 am
Nice work Jonken, heavy triples looked great! If you don't feel like buying the small weights you could cut you some chain, it has been working great for me so far. Barp, looking forward to seeing your progress on the 5x5!

Thats a great idea. Thanks a lot. First i will speak to my gym and see if they can order mini weights, if they cant ill speak to my dad and ask him to bring some chains from my summerhouse. This comment made my day (actually i think chain would be cooler. SO much more hardcore looking!)

Well had a splendid monday today

Squats
5x37
5x46
5x56
5x65
5x74 <----- 75, Felt easy, even if i was tired in my legs from the start YEAH!!!

Bench
5x28
5x35
5x42
5x49
5x56 <--------57, you know what? this is the first time ever i bench over 55, guess if im happy, went pretty ruff, could have done 1 more rep though

Rows
5x24
5x30
5x37
5x43
5x49 <------ 50, Went pretty good. Wasnt close to failing or using bad form.

Assistance:

Hypers:
8x20
8x20
8x20 <----- So easy, dayuuum.

Situps:
8x20
8x20
8x20 <----- fairly easy today.

For the Assistance i will up the reps, since 20kg is our biggest plate. Only to 9 reps. When i get to 10 reps i will start adding some smaller plates

I seriously feel like a fucking beast today, im so happy with my results. Long time since i was this happy (almost tears in my eyes). Im seriously going somewhere, making steady progress. Going in the right direction. Yeye you get it.

js71474
10-13-08, 11:40 am
I'm happy for you bro, you are making good progress and adding weight to the bar everytime! It's amazing how good this program is and the results that come from it are great, glad to see it working well for you and glad to see you are happy doing it...that means alot!! Give the chains a shot and if for some reason they dont work or your gym won't let you use them check out this link: http://www.prowriststraps.comfractional_plates_fraction_p late_weights_lifting

The chains are the best, cheapest way to go and you can cut them to any weight you want. Nice work here Jonken!!

Barpinator
10-13-08, 1:19 pm
Canselled my w/o today because of a cold, hope that I get rid of soon.

Jonken
10-15-08, 12:18 pm
Squats
5x37
5x46
5x56
5x56 <---- deload, easy shit

Military Press
5x22
5x27
5x31
5x36 <-----35, still heavy, put did them w/o any bigger struggle, only had about 40-60sec breaks between sets

Deadlifts
5x64
5x77
5x90
5x103 <------- heavy. Think i kept my form right, had no spotter but it felt pretty good. Had to lie down after these babies.

Assistance:

Situps:
~20
~20 <----- heavy shit. Doing ab work 2x a week is a killer....

Barpinator
10-15-08, 5:51 pm
Good session bro, heavy deads thou. I think that you kept a good form, you use to do that when i'm with you so.

Did you talked to Patrik about the weights btw?

Themostocles
10-15-08, 11:25 pm
5x103 <------- heavy. Think i kept my form right, had no spotter but it felt pretty good.

How do you spot a deadlift anyway? Great work Jonken, this program is definitely getting it done for you. -T.

Jonken
10-16-08, 1:09 am
Good session bro, heavy deads thou. I think that you kept a good form, you use to do that when i'm with you so.

Did you talked to Patrik about the weights btw?

Thanks Barp. Patrik had left before i came. He works evenings on Mondays and during the day on Wednesdays.

How do you spot a deadlift anyway? Great work Jonken, this program is definitely getting it done for you. -T.

Not really spot. But just watch so the form is as strict as it should be. Thanks man, it sure is.

js71474
10-16-08, 8:18 am
Nice work Jonken!! Barp, hope you feel better!

Barpinator
10-16-08, 2:18 pm
I start to feel better now and will start train on Monday again.

Jonken
10-17-08, 11:43 am
Squats
5x37
5x46
5x56
5x65
3x76 <----- 75, feels like i could do this in my sleep now...
8x56

Bench
5x28
5x35
5x42
5x49
3x58 <------ 57.5 went easy. Could have gone for 2 more reps w/o a problem
8x42

Rows
5x24
5x30
5x37
5x43
3x50 <------- Pretty heavy, but np
8x37

Assistance

Dips:
6xBW
8xBW+5
8xBW+5
8xBW+5 <------- proud about these. Felt really good

Curls:
8x20
8x30
6x30 <------- Felt good untill rep 6, then i felt a little pain outside my wrist, and decided to stop

Skullcrushers:
8x20
8x25
6x30 <----- My tris were already killed from the dips, so im happy with this

Notes: I'va had a slight pain in my shoulder since i worked Tuesday. So i warmed them up with light weights today before i started. And i did everything that included shoulders with really good and slow form. Im going to do some doggcrap stretching for my shoulders 2x a day until its gone from now. I will work this weekend, but i will tell my boss about my injury so i dont have to lift my much heavy things.

Everything else felt really good.

And here comes a weight update: Im now 66,5. Thats means ive added about 5kg in this journey, and im only 3,5kg away from 70. And the first goal of this race.

Jonken
10-18-08, 4:10 pm
From now on i will try to monitor my diet in this thread as well. So you guys can give me some feed back on it. Lets start with today

Today was a bad day:

07:00, ~3-4Dl Oats in ~3DL milk with sugarfree applesauce
10:00, 4 Sandwiches with ham, 4DL milk
13:00, Pasta del tono, 530Kcal, 28g protein 2Dl milk
14:30, 120g Yoghurt, 1 nutbar ~40-60g
18,30, Sushi, ~7 pieces
19:15, Mstak
20:30: Bowl Of hedelmä musli
21:30, ~3-4Dl Oats in ~3DL milk with sugarfree applesauce
22:30, Casein Shake, 24g Protein, 3,5DL milk

The milk is full milk btw.

I know i got way to few good sources of protein today, but that is because ive been working today, and its hard to get quality food down during the 15min breaks. I hope this will be a good way to push myself with my eating, to get that little extra out of this journey

Jonken
10-18-08, 4:24 pm
Oh i wrote something wrong there. The milk between 10:00 and 13:00 was only 1,5%fat.

Barpinator
10-18-08, 7:29 pm
Dude, you eat a lot. If that were a bad day for you i won't imagine how a good day for you are... I barely eat one third of that. Really need to eat more to keep up whit you.

Haha important with pasta del tono ^^

Jonken
10-19-08, 4:21 pm
Sunday, Was working today as well.

08:00, ~3-4DL Oats with ~2-3DL full milk
09:00, Casein Shake
12:00, 2 hands full of Nachos
13:45, 2x 320g lasagne's (530kcal each, 28g Protein), 1 Medium Banana, 4,5Dl Milk (not full)
18:00, 200g Yoghurt, 1 nutbar
20:15, Garlic Baguette, 1 Vanilla Coke
22:10, Flying Jacob (meal with Chicken, Bacon, Peanuts)

Going for another Casein Shake before bed.

As you can see this is my little cheat day of the week. I dont know if the 13:45 meal was a little overkill, but i was so damn hungry thru the whole day.

Themostocles
10-20-08, 2:34 am
Sunday, Was working today as well.

08:00, ~3-4DL Oats with ~2-3DL full milk
09:00, Casein Shake
12:00, 2 hands full of Nachos
13:45, 2x 320g lasagne's (530kcal each, 28g Protein), 1 Medium Banana, 4,5Dl Milk (not full)
18:00, 200g Yoghurt, 1 nutbar
20:15, Garlic Baguette, 1 Vanilla Coke
22:10, Flying Jacob (meal with Chicken, Bacon, Peanuts)

Going for another Casein Shake before bed.

As you can see this is my little cheat day of the week. I dont know if the 13:45 meal was a little overkill, but i was so damn hungry thru the whole day.

Lol, you almost eat as much as me and that is saying something lol. Got to be gaining some weight eating like that lol. Hope the shoulder feels better. -T.

js71474
10-20-08, 8:39 am
Real nice work Jonken!! You are progressing very nicely on this routine!! I'm glad to see you warming up before you get started with the heavy weights.....that is usually overlooked but it is absolutely essential for avoiding injury.....good job! The diet looks good, I noticed you were having trouble getting in some protein during the quick breaks.....try some protein bars but don't rely too heavily on them you still need to get the majority of your protein from the animal type. Just a thought. Keep warming up and stretching really good and hopefully the shoulder pain will ease up. Nice work!

Jonken
10-20-08, 12:20 pm
Real nice work Jonken!! You are progressing very nicely on this routine!! I'm glad to see you warming up before you get started with the heavy weights.....that is usually overlooked but it is absolutely essential for avoiding injury.....good job! The diet looks good, I noticed you were having trouble getting in some protein during the quick breaks.....try some protein bars but don't rely too heavily on them you still need to get the majority of your protein from the animal type. Just a thought. Keep warming up and stretching really good and hopefully the shoulder pain will ease up. Nice work!

Thanks JS. Yeah ive crashed my shoulders to many times (other shoulder before) so now im taking it real easy and warming them up with super low weights before. It feels a lot better today then it did last week. I try to keep them warm all the time, and get lots of rest. Seems to be working. I didn't feel any pain during the bench today. But a little after the Bent-over rows. Im thinking of bringing some protein powder and a shaker to my work. But i dont really want to consume more "supplement" protein. And eat something with it. I try to limit my shake consumption to 1 whey and 1 casein.

And Themo. I just try to down as much food as i feel is good for me. Since i barely add fat at all i try to eat as big as possible. I dont count calories anymore, mostly i just try to keep to a high protein diet and make sure to get both carbs and fat as well.

Jonken
10-20-08, 12:25 pm
Squats
5x38
5x48
5x57
5x67
5x76 <------- 75, damn this is easy now

Bench
5x29
5x36
5x43
5x51
5x58 <-------- 57,5, pretty sure that i could have done 60kg with the same rep amount

Rows
5x25
5x31
5x37
5x44
5x50 <------- Pretty heavy, but went without any struggle

Assistance:

Hypers:
8x10
8x20
8x20

Weighted Situps:
8x10
9x20
9x20
10x20

Was a really good day overall. Had a good time watching some guys doing everything with 1/10 of the ROM as well.

js71474
10-20-08, 12:29 pm
I'm glad to see you taking the time to properly warm them up and keep them warm. On the protein, you could take some sliced turkey or a pouch of tuna with you, either one of those are loaded with protein and can be eaten very quickly. For the shoulder pain afterwards try this before your heavy work......using moderate rep speed do one set of 10 reps with just the bar, then with the same rep speed do another set of 5 reps with 60% - 70% of your starting weight, then rest a couple minutes and go into your normal 5x5 routine. I have had to start doing this and any shoulder pain I had is gone.

js71474
10-20-08, 12:30 pm
Nice job with today's session! Nice to see everything is feeling fairly easy to you, sure sign of progression!

Jonken
10-20-08, 1:17 pm
I'm glad to see you taking the time to properly warm them up and keep them warm. On the protein, you could take some sliced turkey or a pouch of tuna with you, either one of those are loaded with protein and can be eaten very quickly. For the shoulder pain afterwards try this before your heavy work......using moderate rep speed do one set of 10 reps with just the bar, then with the same rep speed do another set of 5 reps with 60% - 70% of your starting weight, then rest a couple minutes and go into your normal 5x5 routine. I have had to start doing this and any shoulder pain I had is gone.

Sounds good man. I'll figure something out when it comes to the food. The idea with a better/longer warmup seems like a good idea. Have military press on wednesday, so they have to be 100% by then. Dont wanna train while injured and i dont want to miss anything out. But i think it should be ok. Going to take a hot bath soon and then make sure to stretch it out. Thanks a lot for the advices JS!!!

Jonken
10-20-08, 5:08 pm
Ok Food update. I feel that ive missed some fats today, anyway

07:00, Bowl of Oats ~3-4DL, milk ~2-3DL
10:00, Sandwich with Ham and cheese
10:30, Sausage soup with rice, 2DL milk (school food, wtf?)
12:00, Sausage soup with rice, 2DL 0,5% fat (school food, wtf?)
14:15, Quarter of pizza (got it from my teacher xD)
15:00, Mstak
18:15, Pwo shake, 1,5scoop protein, 1DL Oats
18:45, Pasta and tuna sauce, fucking delicious
21:00, Bowl of cereal, not to much
22:00, Bowl of Oats ~3-4DL, milk ~2-3DL
22:30, Casein Shake 1 scoop 3,5DL milk

Jonken
10-22-08, 1:11 am
Tuesday food

09:00 Bowl of Oats
10:30 Fish and potatoes, 4DL milk
13:50 Snickers ( :( )
15:00 Banana
15:50 Snickers
18:40 200g Yoghurt, 50g Nutbar, Banana
21:15 Bowl of Oats
22:30 Casein Shake

Bad day, but i went to work directly after school, and then got home at 21:00.

Jonken
10-22-08, 8:22 am
Squats
5x38
5x48
5x57
5x57 <---- 57,5

Military
5x23
5x28
5x32
5x37 <---- 37,5, want easy and painless

Deadlift
5x66
8x79 <----- just kept doing them, i dont know why
5x92
5x105 <----- Went pretty easy as well

Assistance:

Situps:

Good day overall, im glad that my shoulder didnt say no on the military presses

js71474
10-22-08, 8:26 am
Nice work Jonken, and I am also glad you got through the militarys with no shoulder pain!

Jonken
10-22-08, 3:53 pm
Nice work Jonken, and I am also glad you got through the militarys with no shoulder pain!

Thanks man. This program is really something. Beating PR's two weeks in a row is priceless

Thrawn
10-23-08, 3:50 pm
EXCELLENT! Good work, Jonken!!

Jonken
10-23-08, 4:02 pm
EXCELLENT! Good work, Jonken!!

thanks man, im glad to see your back in this thread =D

Barpinator
10-23-08, 4:43 pm
Wednesday

Squat
5x33
5x42
5x50
5x58
5x67

Bench
5x33
5x42
5x50
5x58
5x67

Row
5x26
5x33
5x39
5x46
5x52

2 Sets of Weighted Hypers 2x10 20kg
4 Sets of Weighted Situps 10,10,5+5 Frist 25 reps with 20kg. Last 5 reps with 10kg

These were my second w/o on the madcow program and god what i feel that it were a while since I trained, everyone of the last sets were heavy but i think that i will come back to were i were before my break and actually took the weights that i took on my try out days. Looking forward for tomorrows w/o

Jonken
10-24-08, 2:13 am
Barpen..... Thats mondays program.... You lost? ;)

Thrawn
10-24-08, 6:21 am
thanks man, im glad to see your back in this thread =D

I was just not feeling well when i had the imflamation. Also the antibiotics made me depressed, so i was not a very 'joyfull' or positive person the last 10 days. But you bet your ass i was watching, like i am now. Just not posting.

Wednesday

Squat
5x33
5x42
5x50
5x58
5x67

Bench
5x33
5x42
5x50
5x58
5x67

Row
5x26
5x33
5x39
5x46
5x52

2 Sets of Weighted Hypers 2x10 20kg
4 Sets of Weighted Situps 10,10,5+5 Frist 25 reps with 20kg. Last 5 reps with 10kg

These were my second w/o on the madcow program and god what i feel that it were a while since I trained, everyone of the last sets were heavy but i think that i will come back to were i were before my break and actually took the weights that i took on my try out days. Looking forward for tomorrows w/o

Means you made every effort count, Barpen. Last sets should always be taxing.
WELL DONE, i say!

Barpinator
10-24-08, 11:56 am
Friday

Squat
5x33
5x42
5x50
5x58
3x68 <-- 67,5
8x50

Bench
5x33
5x42
5x50
5x58
3x68 <-- 67,5
8x50

Row
5x26
5x33
5x39
5x46
3x54 <--55
8x39

Assistance
Weighted Dips BW+ 5kg x 8,5,7
Barbell Curls 30,30,32.5 x 8
JM-press 22,22 x 8

Were an pretty easy w/o until I came to the JM-press that were really heavy and I think my form weren't the best.

Looking forward to monday