PDA

View Full Version : Redemption: Scals Journey

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Psycho77
02-15-09, 8:47 pm
Back in Blacksburg fro Valentine's Day. Back in the old gym that I used to run. So glad to be back. Got the chance to train with my brother today. Here's how it went.

Squats
135 12x, 225 10x, 315 5x, 365 2x, 405 1x, 435 1x

Leg Press
5x8-20 -- Last set 20 plates 8x

SLDL - on a box
135 12x, 185 12x, 225 10x, 275 10x

Uni Lateral Leg Curls
3x10-12 -- Last set 70

Leg Extensions ss w/ Seated Leg Curls
3x10-12 -- Same weight and reps each set

Seated Calf
4x20

15 minutes of elliptical.

Brutal leg workout Scals!

scals
02-15-09, 9:07 pm
solid!!

Thanks brother.

wow killer leg workout!

Thanks bro.

yep, very good leg session

Thanks pro.

Brutal leg workout Scals!

Thanks Psycho. Left me wanting more.

scals
02-15-09, 9:25 pm
Back in Cville tonight. Worked a 12 hour day today, so a lil tired but still got it done.

Incline BB Press
135 15x, 225 8x, 250 6x, 225 8x, 185 10x

Smith Flat Press
5x4-12 -- Last set 275 4x

Incline Flyes
60s 7x, 50s 10x, 40s 12x, 30s 15x

Cable Crossovers
2x12, 1x25

Side Laterals
6x15-20 -- Last set 40s 15x

9 sets for abs

25 minutes on the treadmill.

Themostocles
02-16-09, 1:35 am
STRONG chest work Steve. Been there and done 12 hour days, it can really kill a workout if you aren't used to it. But I always looked at like a warmup lol. Keep kicking ass

Hollow
02-16-09, 7:25 am
Looks like you and your brother had yourselves a great leg thrashing scals17!

Even after working a twelve hour shift, that was solid chest session! Your chest must have been feeling pretty pumped after that one scals17!

Aggression
02-16-09, 8:36 am
Haven't checked in in a while. Numbers are way up from what I remember. Strong numbers of legs and chest. Keep doing what you're doing scals.

LittleMan55
02-16-09, 9:25 am
Stong inclines! Damn good work out for working a 12 hour shift.

zanderfever
02-16-09, 10:22 am
Smith Flat Press

Smith Machine? Why'd you go with that?

ForearmFreak
02-16-09, 10:26 am
12 hour work day and still was able to have a nice workout...i'm thinking that SP250 had a little something to do with it...maybe an extra scoop?? lol

scals
02-16-09, 10:29 am
STRONG chest work Steve. Been there and done 12 hour days, it can really kill a workout if you aren't used to it. But I always looked at like a warmup lol. Keep kicking ass

Thanks T. Yea it was tough since most of the time at work was behind a computer. Kicking ass ... yea I'll do it lol.

Looks like you and your brother had yourselves a great leg thrashing scals17!

Even after working a twelve hour shift, that was solid chest session! Your chest must have been feeling pretty pumped after that one scals17!

Thanks Hollow. It was good to see him and train. Chest was pumped pretty good lol. Feeling it now.

Haven't checked in in a while. Numbers are way up from what I remember. Strong numbers of legs and chest. Keep doing what you're doing scals.

Thanks brother. Nice to see ya. Doing my best bro.

Stong inclines! Damn good work out for working a 12 hour shift.

Thanks Broc. Back today.

Smith Machine? Why'd you go with that?

I knew you would be the one to call me out on it lol. Just variety bro. Gonna be switching between BB, DB, Smith for chest. We don't have any Hammer Strength so I gotta deal.

scals
02-16-09, 10:31 am
12 hour work day and still was able to have a nice workout...i'm thinking that SP250 had a little something to do with it...maybe an extra scoop?? lol

Hahaha, I'm not taking that anymore bro. But I'm sure it does something to do with the current stack :)

Stak and Pump.

zanderfever
02-16-09, 10:34 am
I knew you would be the one to call me out on it lol. Just variety bro. Gonna be switching between BB, DB, Smith for chest. We don't have any Hammer Strength so I gotta deal.

What can I say? I'm a stickler for real lifting :P

Why not switch between DB, BB, and benches with the bar paused on your chest. Benching with a pause would be a really great way to stay with a barbell, get stronger, and destroy yourself. I'm talking a good 1-2 seconds of the barbell touching your chest without moving and you having to stay tight with the weight and then press it up.

scals
02-16-09, 10:53 am
What can I say? I'm a stickler for real lifting :P

Why not switch between DB, BB, and benches with the bar paused on your chest. Benching with a pause would be a really great way to stay with a barbell, get stronger, and destroy yourself. I'm talking a good 1-2 seconds of the barbell touching your chest without moving and you having to stay tight with the weight and then press it up.

I hear ya. I try to do the pause at the bottom from time to time. Not a huge fan of it but I know the benefits. The Dbs are a lil problem since they only go up to 100s. I don't do Smith often so ... GET OVER IT!!! :)

zanderfever
02-16-09, 12:53 pm
I hear ya. I try to do the pause at the bottom from time to time. Not a huge fan of it but I know the benefits. The Dbs are a lil problem since they only go up to 100s. I don't do Smith often so ... GET OVER IT!!! :)

Haha, my apologies. I know you train hard and what you do works. Ahhh well, enjoy your smithy stuff.

Phil800101
02-16-09, 1:36 pm
Killer sessions Steve! Great work as always. Good luck with the OBF, I know you're going to do some damage.

ForearmFreak
02-16-09, 3:00 pm
[QUOTE=scals17;641123]Hahaha, I'm not taking that anymore bro. But I'm sure it does something to do with the current stack :)

Stak and Pump.[/QUOTE
*dialing number* Hi yes, i need a carpenter. Yes my buddy scals is currently on stack and pump and he's probably going to need new door frames because he is going to be a freak of nature and won't fit through the doors after he finishes his stack......

scals
02-16-09, 3:41 pm
Haha, my apologies. I know you train hard and what you do works. Ahhh well, enjoy your smithy stuff.

Haha, no apologies necessary bro. Just trying to work with what I got.

Killer sessions Steve! Great work as always. Good luck with the OBF, I know you're going to do some damage.

Thanks Phil. The OBF should be a good time, considering both me and Burt are doing it. I appreciate the support.

*dialing number* Hi yes, i need a carpenter. Yes my buddy scals is currently on stack and pump and he's probably going to need new door frames because he is going to be a freak of nature and won't fit through the doors after he finishes his stack......

Hahahaha. I sure hope something like that can go down bro.

prowrestler
02-16-09, 3:47 pm
Back in Cville tonight. Worked a 12 hour day today, so a lil tired but still got it done.

Incline BB Press
135 15x, 225 8x, 250 6x, 225 8x, 185 10x

Smith Flat Press

Incline Flyes
60s 7x, 50s 10x, 40s 12x, 30s 15x

Cable Crossovers
2x12, 1x25

Side Laterals
6x15-20 -- Last set 40s 15x

9 sets for abs

25 minutes on the treadmill.

nice chest day man

T o m m Y
02-16-09, 3:47 pm
nice chest day man

X2!

scals
02-16-09, 3:49 pm
So this is part of my new split. Going to be hitting legs twice as I start to look forward to the OCB Mid Atlantic this coming August. Anyone in the NJ area definitely welcome to come LOL.

Pull-ups
2x12 @ BW (237.4)

Reverse Grip PDs - EZ Curl Attachment
4x10-15

UH Yates Rows
4x8-12 -- Last set 315 8x

BB Shrugs
315 3x15

DB Shrugs
3x12-15

Machine Pulldowns - went light on these just to feel the movement, gripped the outside of the machine to go extra wide
3x20 -- Last set 150

Seated Row
3x12-15

Reverse Pec Deck
3x12-15

DONE. Didn't have my headphones so no cardio LOL. It's the only way I can tolerate it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, went food shopping today, had major deals on NY Strip and Porterhouse. $4.99/lb from $10.99/lb. Needless to say I stocked up.

The Sun
02-16-09, 3:56 pm
lol you are rowing 3 plates for 8 reps...
that's some intense BACK work.

why did you give up the DEADS?

lol I want some beef :D

Hoomgar
02-16-09, 3:57 pm
Smokin work on legs bro. Those squats were lookin nice and heavy man. Good to hear that you got to train with your brother man.

Chest session looked good to me for a guy who was a bit tired goin in.

So this is part of my new split. Going to be hitting legs twice as I start to look forward to the OCB Mid Atlantic this coming August. Anyone in the NJ area definitely welcome to come LOL.

Pull-ups
2x12 @ BW (237.4)

4x10-15

UH Yates Rows

BB Shrugs
315 3x15

DB Shrugs
3x12-15

Machine Pulldowns - went light on these just to feel the movement, gripped the outside of the machine to go extra wide
3x20 -- Last set 150

Seated Row
3x12-15

Reverse Pec Deck
3x12-15

DONE. Didn't have my headphones so no cardio LOL. It's the only way I can tolerate it.

On a side note, went food shopping today, had major deals on NY Strip and Porterhouse. $4.99/lb from $10.99/lb. Needless to say I stocked up.

Lookin good on the new split homie. If I can ever swing it I'd love to come smash some iron with ya sometime. Besides, I could come by and help you get ride of some of those steaks then ;)

Hg

scals
02-16-09, 3:59 pm
lol you are rowing 3 plates for 8 reps...
that's some intense BACK work.

why did you give up the DEADS?

lol I want some beef :D

Thanks Sun. I didn't give up on em, did SLDL this week with legs. Gonna do those a lil while and strengthen up the hammys. I'll be back to regular deads in a few weeks.

3 plates sucks bro lol. I was hitting 365 for 8 last summer. Took too much time off from them and it cost me. I'll be working back to it.

Cooking some right now bro.

scals
02-16-09, 4:02 pm
Smokin work on legs bro. Those squats were lookin nice and heavy man. Good to hear that you got to train with your brother man.

Chest session looked good to me for a guy who was a bit tired goin in.

Lookin good on the new split homie. If I can ever swing it I'd love to come smash some iron with ya sometime. Besides, I could come by and help you get ride of some of those steaks then ;)

Hg

Thanks Hg. Yea he's a good kid to train with. He's 20 and stays lean year round, still strong lil bastard lol.

Chest was ight. I'm noticing that it's def one of my weaker areas. Gonna def target that was I come into the show in August.

I would love to have ya down here Hg. Show these people what serious lifting is all about. BTW .. keep your hands away from my steaks LOL.

McFly
02-16-09, 4:05 pm
August will be here sooner then you think....make every meal, workout and day count!

scals
02-16-09, 4:07 pm
August will be here sooner then you think....make every meal, workout and day count!

No doubt bro. Hitting it hard, preparing every meal, and analyzing everything I do to a T. I won't let any of you, or myself down. I will be the best I can be.

Hoomgar
02-16-09, 4:27 pm
Thanks Hg. Yea he's a good kid to train with. He's 20 and stays lean year round, still strong lil bastard lol.

Chest was ight. I'm noticing that it's def one of my weaker areas. Gonna def target that was I come into the show in August.

I would love to have ya down here Hg. Show these people what serious lifting is all about. BTW .. keep your hands away from my steaks LOL.

Life is busy but if it works out sometime I'd dig it. Your steaks are safe bro, no worries... oh look over there! A Giraffe!

J Wong
02-16-09, 9:40 pm
Great back work!

Psycho77
02-16-09, 10:02 pm
sick workout scals. even sicker shopping!

Like what Sun said......."I want some beef!!"

Pizzalamp
02-16-09, 11:23 pm
great work scals
pullups at your weight is impressive

Toni69
02-17-09, 4:12 am
always great work...soon its Arnold time! cant wait to see ya again!

Themostocles
02-17-09, 4:32 am
Awesome back day Steve, its getting broader and thicker at this very moment. Good deal on the beef, now I am hungry...again...

B Con
02-17-09, 5:19 am
Barn door back and beef... does it get any better? Putting in that work and getting serious big man.

Hollow
02-17-09, 8:30 am
Outstanding back session scals17 and a great bonus on the meat! Eat big!

diesel1976
02-17-09, 8:52 am

Pull-ups
2x12 @ BW (237.4)

4x10-15

UH Yates Rows

BB Shrugs
315 3x15

DB Shrugs
3x12-15

3x20 -- Last set 150

Seated Row
3x12-15

Reverse Pec Deck
3x12-15

That is one serious back day Scals! Alot of work done there, you gotta be growin like a weed. That is some seriously great steak for cheap, lucky SOB. haha. I love Porterhouse and a couple baked potatoes, simple but Incredible. My dog loves the bone too, haha.

LittleMan55
02-17-09, 9:02 am
Back days like that are the reason we are friends! Great work as always bro.

John-TNS
02-17-09, 11:56 am
Big back day bro! Gonna have to try UH Yates rows....

scals
02-17-09, 5:13 pm
Life is busy but if it works out sometime I'd dig it. Your steaks are safe bro, no worries... oh look over there! A Giraffe!

Hahaha. Like I said Hg, your always welcome.

Great back work!

Thanks boom.

sick workout scals. even sicker shopping!

Like what Sun said......."I want some beef!!"

Thanks Pyscho. Hell yea, couldn't pass up a deal like that.

great work scals
pullups at your weight is impressive

Thanks Pizza. They're getting easier and easier each week, which makes me really happy.

always great work...soon its Arnold time! cant wait to see ya again!

Thanks Toni. Me too, the countdown is on ... 17 days!!!!

Awesome back day Steve, its getting broader and thicker at this very moment. Good deal on the beef, now I am hungry...again...

Thanks T. It's sore as shit right now. Especially the traps and lats. I'm cooking a steak right now ... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Barn door back and beef... does it get any better? Putting in that work and getting serious big man.

Thanks Burt. The only thing that would make it better would be to do it at the Arnold LOL. We're both doin git big now. 17 days til Arnold .. 20 days til OBF!

Outstanding back session scals17 and a great bonus on the meat! Eat big!

Thanks Hollow. Hell yea, what a deal!!!

That is one serious back day Scals! Alot of work done there, you gotta be growin like a weed. That is some seriously great steak for cheap, lucky SOB. haha. I love Porterhouse and a couple baked potatoes, simple but Incredible. My dog loves the bone too, haha.

Thanks diesel. I'm doing my best to get as big as possible. Idk who put it on sale but I love them! I'll send the dog my leftovers lol.

Back days like that are the reason we are friends! Great work as always bro.

Thanks Broc. You got it bro. Two hardcore nut jobs lol.

Big back day bro! Gonna have to try UH Yates rows....

Thanks John. They tear the shit out of the lower lats.

Firedrake
02-17-09, 5:20 pm
I can't add much that the others haven't already said, but: way to kill the back!

scals
02-17-09, 5:34 pm
I can't add much that the others haven't already said, but: way to kill the back!

Thanks Drake. I appreciate the support.

Mr. Dead
02-17-09, 6:39 pm
What they said... Great session!!!

Pizzalamp
02-17-09, 11:20 pm
how do u cook ya steak?

John-TNS
02-18-09, 12:02 am
how do u cook ya steak?

MMMnnn Steak....

Oh, good shit bro... Keep it up T

hardworkE
02-18-09, 10:18 am
Nice back session. No music during the workout? If I don't bring my ipod with me its listening to top hits at a really low volume. Good work

ForearmFreak
02-18-09, 10:27 am
237!!! damn I miss being big...holy shit i need to find some deals like that around here

scals
02-18-09, 7:39 pm
how do u cook ya steak?

Frying pan if it has a bone, Foreman without one.

MMMnnn Steak....

Oh, good shit bro... Keep it up T

Thanks bro. Steak is delicious.

Nice back session. No music during the workout? If I don't bring my ipod with me its listening to top hits at a really low volume. Good work

Thanks E. No music sucks. Can't take the soccer moms chatter.

237!!! damn I miss being big...holy shit i need to find some deals like that around here

Your still big bro. Dont gimme that shit. Was a great deal.

scals
02-18-09, 7:49 pm
So today was supposed to be Legs Part 2. Had a lil accident this morning with my hammy. Kinda pulled it really bad while putting on my sock. Yes, putting on my sock. Decided to push legs off for a few days and let it heal.

CG Bench - Flat
Bar 20, 135 12, 225 10, 250 7, 275 4

Skull Crushers - on Decline Bench
95 10, 115 10, 135 8, 145 5 (PR)

Machine Dips
4x12-15 -- Last set stack 15x

BB Curls
4x8-15 -- Last set 105 8x

Hammer Curls
4x8-12 -- Last set 70s 8x

Machine Preacher
4x12-15

150 reps for abs.

25 minutes on Treadmill.

DONE.

zanderfever
02-18-09, 10:10 pm
So today was supposed to be Legs Part 2. Had a lil accident this morning with my hammy. Kinda pulled it really bad while putting on my sock. Yes, putting on my sock. Decided to push legs off for a few days and let it heal.

Wow. Rest up. Might wanna make up a better story :P

T o m m Y
02-18-09, 10:16 pm

CG Bench - Flat
Bar 20, 135 12, 225 10, 250 7, 275 4

Skull Crushers - on Decline Bench
95 10, 115 10, 135 8, 145 5 (PR)

Machine Dips
4x12-15 -- Last set stack 15x

BB Curls
4x8-15 -- Last set 105 8x

Hammer Curls
4x8-12 -- Last set 70s 8x

Machine Preacher
4x12-15

150 reps for abs.

25 minutes on Treadmill.

DONE.

Solid cgbp dude,how you like the skulls on a decline bench?

Psycho77
02-18-09, 11:27 pm

Lol. Good one Zander.

Still, nice work Scals. Good numbers on the CGBP and skulls.

prowrestler
02-18-09, 11:49 pm
sick arm day man

Themostocles
02-19-09, 1:40 am
Pulled a hammie putting on your sock, thats hardcore lol. Way to blast those arms

scals
02-19-09, 5:16 am

You're hilarious as usual. Hey it happened and I'm man enough to admit it.

Solid cgbp dude,how you like the skulls on a decline bench?

Thanks bro. I like it, can feel more of a stretch.

Lol. Good one Zander.

Still, nice work Scals. Good numbers on the CGBP and skulls.

Thanks Psycho.

sick arm day man

Thanks pro.

Pulled a hammie putting on your sock, thats hardcore lol. Way to blast those arms

Hardcore is the only way to do it lol. Thanks T.

Hollow
02-19-09, 7:17 am
Great arm session scals17!!! Well you won’t have to worry about putting your socks on and pulling a hammie again because after that session your arms have got to have one hell of a pump! Congrats on the PR! Hope the hammie heals up quickly.

Aggression
02-19-09, 10:36 am
I did those decline skulls last week. Very niCe.

I love how the big strong guys always end up doing something dumb to get injured. You'd figure we'd get hurt in the gym, or just lifting something heavy in general. Instead, Branch Warren falls down the stairs and tears his tricep, you pull a hammy putting a sock on, its just weird man. I guess we're all not as immortal as we think ....

Hope it heals up fast.

Hoomgar
02-19-09, 11:16 am
Nice work thrashin the guns bro. Hey, no more socks for you. Do we need to get you slip ons next too? Maybe you should start warming up before you get dressed from now on?

LOL! I know, I know, I crack me up too :D

BTDT homie, trust me, the jabs are all in fun from someone who's been one. :|

At least you didn't throw your back out for 2 weeks by reaching for the salt shaker.

Hg

scals
02-20-09, 1:10 pm
Great arm session scals17!!! Well you won’t have to worry about putting your socks on and pulling a hammie again because after that session your arms have got to have one hell of a pump! Congrats on the PR! Hope the hammie heals up quickly.

Thanks Hollow. Yea my arms are killing me. Guess it was a decent session lol. It feels much better, thanks.

I did those decline skulls last week. Very niCe.

I love how the big strong guys always end up doing something dumb to get injured. You'd figure we'd get hurt in the gym, or just lifting something heavy in general. Instead, Branch Warren falls down the stairs and tears his tricep, you pull a hammy putting a sock on, its just weird man. I guess we're all not as immortal as we think ....

Hope it heals up fast.

Thanks bro. Yea decline skulls are sick.

It was ridiculous. I couldn't believe it. The first thing I thought was it fucked up. After stretching it and rubbing it, it felt much better. The Branch story was one of the first things that popped into my mind lol. We def are not immortal.

Nice work thrashin the guns bro. Hey, no more socks for you. Do we need to get you slip ons next too? Maybe you should start warming up before you get dressed from now on?

LOL! I know, I know, I crack me up too :D

BTDT homie, trust me, the jabs are all in fun from someone who's been one. :|

At least you didn't throw your back out for 2 weeks by reaching for the salt shaker.

Hg

Thanks Hg. Slip ons it is bro!!! Love coming in here and seein your jokes.

zanderfever
02-20-09, 1:41 pm
You're hilarious as usual. Hey it happened and I'm man enough to admit it.

I'm just glad you think i'm funny and not a douche.

Thanks, psycho.

scals
02-20-09, 6:55 pm
I'm just glad you think i'm funny and not a douche.

Thanks, psycho.

Hahaha, ya not a douche.

scals
02-20-09, 6:59 pm
Back with my brother today for the last weekend for a while. Did chest and biceps today, we got legs tomorrow. Doing it his style so my look different than what your used to.

Flat Bench
135 10, 225 3, 255 3, 275 3, 300 1, 305 1, 225 10

Incline DBs
80s 12, 100s 8, 110s 7, 115s 4

Decline HS
4x5-15 -- Last set 4 plates and 25 per side for 5

Incline Flyes
50s 10, 65s 10, 80s 8, 90s 5

Preacher Curls -- ez bar
4x6-12 -- Last set 1pps for 6

Standing DB Curls
40s 10, 50s 8, 60s 6, 70s 4

Cable Curls
4x12-15 -- Last set stack for 12

Hoomgar
02-20-09, 7:18 pm
Solid work on the chest and bi's Steve. Good that you got to have this one with your bro man. Puttin up some nice numbers on the presses there big guy...

Hg

scals
02-20-09, 7:31 pm
Solid work on the chest and bi's Steve. Good that you got to have this one with your bro man. Puttin up some nice numbers on the presses there big guy...

Hg

Thanks Hg. I want more than that though. It was good to be with him today. Tomorrow is our last workout together for a while. My schedule is packed from this point on.

Hoomgar
02-20-09, 7:40 pm
Thanks Hg. I want more than that though. It was good to be with him today. Tomorrow is our last workout together for a while. My schedule is packed from this point on.

You'll get more bro, no worries. If ya have any trouble getting it however just let me know and I'll tell ya you can't do it. That should secure the higher numbers with ease ;)

Hg

Phil800101
02-20-09, 9:28 pm
Sick workouts there Steve! Looking strong my man. Hope the hamstring feels better soon.

scals
02-21-09, 12:57 pm
You'll get more bro, no worries. If ya have any trouble getting it however just let me know and I'll tell ya you can't do it. That should secure the higher numbers with ease ;)

Hg

Thanks Hg. I will be sure to let ya know LOL.

Sick workouts there Steve! Looking strong my man. Hope the hamstring feels better soon.

Thanks Phil. It feels much better, thanks. Gonna push legs back to Monday just for some added rest.

Pizzalamp
02-21-09, 11:01 pm
Back with my brother today for the last weekend for a while. Did chest and biceps today, we got legs tomorrow. Doing it his style so my look different than what your used to.

Flat Bench
135 10, 225 3, 255 3, 275 3, 300 1, 305 1, 225 10

Incline DBs
80s 12, 100s 8, 110s 7, 115s 4

Decline HS
4x5-15 -- Last set 4 plates and 25 per side for 5

Incline Flyes
50s 10, 65s 10, 80s 8, 90s 5

Preacher Curls -- ez bar
4x6-12 -- Last set 1pps for 6

Standing DB Curls
40s 10, 50s 8, 60s 6, 70s 4

Cable Curls
4x12-15 -- Last set stack for 12

good job scals....hmmm u got some heavy curls going on

Firedrake
02-22-09, 12:10 am
Maybe a different look, but still solid work -- and let's face it, an occasional change up can be real good.

scals
02-22-09, 6:37 pm
good job scals....hmmm u got some heavy curls going on

Thanks Pizza. Hoping that will help these biceps grow.

Maybe a different look, but still solid work -- and let's face it, an occasional change up can be real good.

Thanks Drake. Yea, variety is key!

scals
02-22-09, 6:49 pm
Back and Triceps with my brother again. Last time we'll get to workout together for a while.

Pull-ups
BW 12, +25 10, +45 7

Lat Pulldowns
4x8-12 -- Last set 260 8

DB Rows
1x20 w/u, 3x12 @ 130s

Seated Row
3x8-12 -- Last set Stack (300) 8

Shrugs
4x15 (135,225,315,405), 1x9(495)

Rack Pulls -- 4 inches below knee
315 5, 405 5, 495 3

Seated DB OH Extension
5x7-20 -- Last set 130 7

Pushdowns
5x12-20

Hollow
02-22-09, 6:55 pm
Great chest and bicep workout scals17! Pushing some big weights on chest. Needless to say those numbers will continue to grow from week to week. Good to see you were able to workout with your brother once again.

Pizzalamp
02-22-09, 9:58 pm
great job scals
im digging the weighted pullups

John-TNS
02-22-09, 10:19 pm
great job scals

I am a fan of pullups in general, add some weight and you killed it bro! Workouts looking heavy

Themostocles
02-23-09, 1:53 am
You got a massively strong back bro, and I know you aren't even close to being finished with it. Freak! LOL.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-23-09, 2:42 am
nice workout scals..A1 is in order for that one

B Con
02-23-09, 7:30 am
My man putting in the work as usual. Good talking to ya... hope you got that cardio in that night ;)

Aggression
02-23-09, 8:58 am
Very strong back stuff. Weighted pullups, shrugs, rows, deads, all very heavy with legit reps. Impressive workout. very niCe.

Hoomgar
02-23-09, 10:01 am
Nice back workout bro. It all looked smashing but those weighted pullups just stand out my man. Glad to hear you got to have one more wo with your bro...

Hg

Hollow
02-23-09, 10:11 am
Great back and triceps session scals17! Weighted pull ups, very impressive! Good to hear your hamstring is feeling better.

prowrestler
02-23-09, 12:02 pm
nice training man, rack pulls lookin sweet

ForearmFreak
02-23-09, 12:50 pm
heavy rack pulls thats what i like to see..great work scals..no straps though right??

scals
02-23-09, 8:01 pm
Great chest and bicep workout scals17! Pushing some big weights on chest. Needless to say those numbers will continue to grow from week to week. Good to see you were able to workout with your brother once again.

Thanks Hollow. Trying to get this chest to grow. It was good training with him again. Brings out the best in me.

great job scals

Thanks Pizza. They were a bitch, but got em done.

I am a fan of pullups in general, add some weight and you killed it bro! Workouts looking heavy

Thanks John. Trying to get as wide as possible.

You got a massively strong back bro, and I know you aren't even close to being finished with it. Freak! LOL.

Thanks T. You're right ... not even close. Not yet a Freak, but on the beginning of the path.

nice workout scals..A1 is in order for that one

Thanks King.

My man putting in the work as usual. Good talking to ya... hope you got that cardio in that night ;)

Thanks Burt. You too. Hahaha. Burnt some calories that night LOL.

Very strong back stuff. Weighted pullups, shrugs, rows, deads, all very heavy with legit reps. Impressive workout. very niCe.

Thanks bro. The basics work for me. Gonna keep going with it.

Nice back workout bro. It all looked smashing but those weighted pullups just stand out my man. Glad to hear you got to have one more wo with your bro...

Hg

Thanks Hg. Those pull-ups were tough but really felt good. Last one for a while. Sucks training without him, but ya know.

Great back and triceps session scals17! Weighted pull ups, very impressive! Good to hear your hamstring is feeling better.

Thanks Hollow. Again, those pull-ups sucked but got em done. Feeling much better. Did legs today.

nice training man, rack pulls lookin sweet

Thanks pro.

heavy rack pulls thats what i like to see..great work scals..no straps though right??

Thanks FF. I know I'm gonna get shit for this ... but I used straps.

scals
02-23-09, 8:07 pm
Hamstring much better so did legs today. Great session.

Leg Extensions
4x20,15,15,10

Leg Press - Cybex
2pps 15, 4pps 12, 6pps 10, 8pps 8, 10pps 8, 11pps 6

Hack Squats
3x15,12,10

SLDL - Off a big box
4x15,12,12,8 -- Last set 315 8 (PR)

Lying Leg Curls
4x15,12,12,10

Seated Leg Curls
2x20,15

20 minutes on the Treadmill. DONE.

RK
02-23-09, 11:05 pm
what you trying to do get some big legs or something?? haha! hope everything is goin well down there bro, better still be rippin it up in the gym and in the bars!

Psycho77
02-24-09, 12:07 am

Leg Extensions
4x20,15,15,10

Leg Press - Cybex

Hack Squats
3x15,12,10

SLDL - Off a big box

Lying Leg Curls
4x15,12,12,10

Seated Leg Curls
2x20,15

awesome leg workout Scals. how are those legs measuring these days?

Themostocles
02-24-09, 1:32 am
Gotta love the big box lol, nice PR.

Hollow
02-24-09, 7:41 am
Great workout scals17 and what’s this? A PR to boot!? Congrats on hitting a new PR!

Good to see the hamstring is feeling much better.

Aggression
02-24-09, 9:31 am
Strong weight on the leg press. niCe volume.

The Sun
02-24-09, 2:49 pm
bro I gotta do a catch up on your journey, been away for a while due to some military duties.
by judgin' your last wheelz workout, doesn't seem anything changed.
you're still killing it. :)

scals
02-24-09, 5:44 pm
what you trying to do get some big legs or something?? haha! hope everything is goin well down there bro, better still be rippin it up in the gym and in the bars!

Something like that LOL. Everything is going great. Oh you better believe it!!!

How is it back North?

awesome leg workout Scals. how are those legs measuring these days?

Thanks Psycho. Honestly, not sure. Last time I measured they were just shy of 28. That was late Nov, early Dec.

Gotta love the big box lol, nice PR.

T this thing was huge. I asked the guy if he had anything smaller and he was like nope!

Great workout scals17 and what’s this? A PR to boot!? Congrats on hitting a new PR!

Good to see the hamstring is feeling much better.

Thanks Hollow. Yea IDK, I never do SLDL but I know I have never gone that heavy before.

Strong weight on the leg press. niCe volume.

Thanks bro. That's the only way my legs grow.

bro I gotta do a catch up on your journey, been away for a while due to some military duties.
by judgin' your last wheelz workout, doesn't seem anything changed.
you're still killing it. :)

No doubt bro. Military duties are extremely important. I like to keep with the same intensity. Got lots of work to still do before the show in August.

scals
02-24-09, 5:49 pm
Changed the split a lil because of travel and work. Trying to work things out in order to hit everything the right amount of times before the Arnold.

Decline Press - never do it so figured why not
135 12, 225 10, 275 7, 295 3, 315 3

Incline Smith
135 12, 185 10, 225 7 drop to 135 15 (22 reps total)

Cable Crossovers
4x12

DB Pullovers
2x12 -- Last set 80

BB Curls
3x12, 115 10, 135 5

Preacher Cable Curls
4x10-20

Bent Over Concentration Curls
3x10-15

Seated Calf Raises
6x25-30

20 minutes on the treadmill and DONE.

Hollow
02-24-09, 7:52 pm
I really like the way you mixed up chest today by starting with the decline press. Great chest/bicep session scals17! Your chest and arms must be feeling one nice pump right now. Eat big my friend!

scals
02-24-09, 7:56 pm
Changed the split a lil because of travel and work. Trying to work things out in order to hit everything the right amount of times before the Arnold.

Incline Smith

Cable Crossovers
4x12

DB Pullovers
2x12 -- Last set 80

BB Curls
3x12, 115 10, 135 5

Preacher Cable Curls
4x10-20

3x10-15

Seated Calf Raises
6x25-30

I really like the way you mixed up chest today by starting with the decline press. Great chest/bicep session scals17! Your chest and arms must be feeling one nice pump right now. Eat big my friend!

Thanks Hollow. Figure it would be a good idea to change it up. They're sore already.

B Con
02-24-09, 8:57 pm
Great work as always Steve. Glad to hear you were able to sneak that cardio in... ;)

John-TNS
02-24-09, 9:51 pm
For never doing decline bro 315 for 3 is super sweet! Great job mixing things up putting in some solid work bro...

Aggression
02-25-09, 9:12 am
niCe work hitting all those body parts. Decline bench to start huh? I haven't touched that exercise in months. Maybe it's time to revisit ....

scals
02-25-09, 10:08 am
Great work as always Steve. Glad to hear you were able to sneak that cardio in... ;)

Thanks Burt. Hahaha, yeah. I sent ya a text bout that!

For never doing decline bro 315 for 3 is super sweet! Great job mixing things up putting in some solid work bro...

Thanks John. Figured it wouldn't be a bad idea. I think I was really pumped about the 275 for 7 LOL. Should have gotten 8 but just couldn't lock it out.

niCe work hitting all those body parts. Decline bench to start huh? I haven't touched that exercise in months. Maybe it's time to revisit ....

Thanks brother. Yea, said what the hell why not. Not a bad one to throw in from time to time.

LittleMan55
02-25-09, 10:24 am
That was a hell of a chest and bi day Steve! I like the decline at the start. Looking strong on it too.

Psycho77
02-25-09, 10:31 am
Looking good as usual Scals. Strong stuff.

scals
02-25-09, 11:18 am
That was a hell of a chest and bi day Steve! I like the decline at the start. Looking strong on it too.

Thanks Broc. I like switching it up. Gotta get ready for G now.

Looking good as usual Scals. Strong stuff.

Thanks Psycho. Gotta keep it up.

McFly
02-25-09, 12:00 pm
how are things going brother....your prep starts soon right?

scals
02-25-09, 12:04 pm
how are things going brother....your prep starts soon right?

Things are going pretty well, thanks. Starts the Monday after the Arnold. Really pumped to start it up.

LittleMan55
02-25-09, 12:12 pm
Hey I threw this in over in Big Ants Ask thread, but I have a friend who will be joining us like I mentioned to you. It will be his last work out before he starts sodium manipulation and carb up for his show. Figured this would be a reward for him. I have done legs with him before and he is nuts!!! So he will fit in and love it. He was amped about the opportunity to train with Big Ant.

Hoomgar
02-25-09, 1:53 pm
That Hamstring must be better bro. You hot a PR on the SLDL! Congrats homie.

Looking good on the chest and bi's too. How did those declines feel?

Hg

prowrestler
02-25-09, 2:01 pm
nice decline pressin

scals
02-25-09, 4:24 pm
Hey I threw this in over in Big Ants Ask thread, but I have a friend who will be joining us like I mentioned to you. It will be his last work out before he starts sodium manipulation and carb up for his show. Figured this would be a reward for him. I have done legs with him before and he is nuts!!! So he will fit in and love it. He was amped about the opportunity to train with Big Ant.

Yea I saw it over in there. Absolutely fine with me.

That Hamstring must be better bro. You hot a PR on the SLDL! Congrats homie.

Looking good on the chest and bi's too. How did those declines feel?

Hg

Thanks Hg. I shocked myself lol. Declines felt good. Just some more variety.

nice decline pressin

Thanks pro.

Mr. Dead
02-25-09, 4:28 pm
Great session!!! BTW, what did you think of hitting declines first...?

scals
02-25-09, 4:28 pm
Good day IMO.

Smith Shoulder Press
135 12, 185 6, 225 6, 245 6, 255 9 (PR)

Side Laterals
25s 12, 35s 12, 45s 12, 55s 10 (One arm @ a time)
DROP: 50s 8 --> 25s 15 --> 12.5s 12 (35 reps total)

Kai Front Raises (check out MD.com)
2x12

Rear Pec Dec
3x20

DB Skull Crushers
4x8-15 -- Last set 45s 8

Dips
3x10 (BW, +25, +45)

Pushdowns
4x12-20 -- Last set Stack 12

Lots of abs and calves throughout. 25 minutes on the treadmill, DONE.

Mr. Dead
02-25-09, 4:31 pm
Great session!!! I really miss those 25 min sessions on the treadmill, though... *LOL*

Hoomgar
02-25-09, 4:37 pm
You'll be suckin your dinner through a straw! Can you lift your arms? Congrats on the PR's Steve. 55's on side raises is some shizz to homie.

Hg

Pizzalamp
02-25-09, 6:14 pm
Good day IMO.

Smith Shoulder Press

Side Laterals

2x12

Rear Pec Dec
3x20

DB Skull Crushers
4x8-15 -- Last set 45s 8

Dips
3x10 (BW, +25, +45)

Pushdowns

very good job scals!!

scals
02-25-09, 6:23 pm
Great session!!! I really miss those 25 min sessions on the treadmill, though... *LOL*

Hahaha. Thanks MD.

You'll be suckin your dinner through a straw! Can you lift your arms? Congrats on the PR's Steve. 55's on side raises is some shizz to homie.

Hg

They're killin me already Hg. Thanks brother. 55s felt like nothing today, which is always a good thing.

very good job scals!!

Thanks Pizza.

scals
02-25-09, 6:37 pm
Good day IMO.

Smith Shoulder Press

Side Laterals

2x12

Rear Pec Dec
3x20

DB Skull Crushers
4x8-15 -- Last set 45s 8

Dips
3x10 (BW, +25, +45)

Pushdowns

Bumping it over

scals
02-25-09, 6:59 pm
Ok so the offseason is officially OVER. Right now as I cook my food for the next 4-5 days I'm weighing in at 234.5. That's about 28.5 lbs since I started in late August. Definitely happy about that. This is definitely the leanest I have ever been at this weight.

Most of you know that I will be stepping on stage in August at the OCB Mid Atlantic. Pretty pumped about it. Great part is that it is height classes, therefore I don't have to "make weight". The plan is to diet down to the best condition, whatever the weight may be. Going to use a carb reduction plan (keto not for me). I am starting a bit earlier than most people would, 24 weeks. I figure I wanna give myself the most amount of time as possible.

Also, B Con and myself will be doing the OBF contest over at bb.com. The two of us will also be competing in the Bustin Ass Transformation here. Figured I'd be dieting anyway, right? Looking forward to both of those contests as well.

Diet, again, gonna be just carb reduction. Planning on 7-8 meals a day. Protein will be high, and coming from steak, chicken, tuna, tilapia, and egg whites. Most carb sources will be white rice, oats, and potatoes. Got some natty PB and olive oil for some healthy fat.

Training will be the same hardcore style. Will be changing gyms on April 1st to accomodate my style of lifting. I'll add dropsets and supersets later on in the cut. Just gonna keep it simple and basic.

Living, well that's tough LOL. Most of you know I just graduated college in December, and I was lucky enough to get a full-time job at one of Target's Distribution Centers. It's an awesome job, but the hours are a bit crazy. I only work Tues-Fri, but I have to be at work at 5am and leave around 5pm. That means morning cardio at 330am! Gonna be rough but I know I can do it.

Supplements have yet to be decided upon. Without question, Pak, Cuts, and Nitro are my staples. Protein is gonna be Ultra Iso Whey. Thinking either Shock or Pump as my pre-workout supp and Torrent as post-workout. Gotta see what the budget holds.

Anyway, just wanted to keep everyone posted on what's going on in my life. Arnold in 9 days!! Chest with G Diesel Friday, legs with Big Ant and Littleman55 Saturday! Does it get much better???

AZN-BEEF
02-25-09, 7:18 pm
good plan brotha!

Psycho77
02-25-09, 10:14 pm
Good day IMO.

Smith Shoulder Press

Side Laterals

2x12

Rear Pec Dec
3x20

DB Skull Crushers
4x8-15 -- Last set 45s 8

Dips
3x10 (BW, +25, +45)

Pushdowns

damn, thats a solid workout right there Scals.

"Arnold in 9 days!! Chest with G Diesel Friday, legs with Big Ant and Littleman55 Saturday! Does it get much better???" - I can't see how!

Themostocles
02-25-09, 11:13 pm
Wow, strong delt work Steve. How do you like those front raises?

Phil800101
02-26-09, 4:25 am
Back and Triceps with my brother again. Last time we'll get to workout together for a while.

Pull-ups
BW 12, +25 10, +45 7

Lat Pulldowns
4x8-12 -- Last set 260 8

DB Rows
1x20 w/u, 3x12 @ 130s

Seated Row
3x8-12 -- Last set Stack (300) 8

Shrugs
4x15 (135,225,315,405), 1x9(495)

Rack Pulls -- 4 inches below knee
315 5, 405 5, 495 3

Seated DB OH Extension
5x7-20 -- Last set 130 7

Pushdowns
5x12-20

Killer session bro! Looking strong.

Leg Extensions
4x20,15,15,10

Leg Press - Cybex

Hack Squats
3x15,12,10

SLDL - Off a big box

Lying Leg Curls
4x15,12,12,10

Seated Leg Curls
2x20,15

Sick wheels session Steve! Glad to see that hamstring is feeling better.

Incline Smith

Cable Crossovers
4x12

DB Pullovers
2x12 -- Last set 80

BB Curls
3x12, 115 10, 135 5

Preacher Cable Curls
4x10-20

3x10-15

Seated Calf Raises
6x25-30

Solid session my man! I like the volume.

Good day IMO.

Smith Shoulder Press

Side Laterals

2x12

Rear Pec Dec
3x20

DB Skull Crushers
4x8-15 -- Last set 45s 8

Dips
3x10 (BW, +25, +45)

Pushdowns

Great session bro, congrats on the PR! Working on some cannonball delts for sure.

Ok so the offseason is officially OVER. Right now as I cook my food for the next 4-5 days I'm weighing in at 234.5. That's about 28.5 lbs since I started in late August. Definitely happy about that. This is definitely the leanest I have ever been at this weight.

Most of you know that I will be stepping on stage in August at the OCB Mid Atlantic. Pretty pumped about it. Great part is that it is height classes, therefore I don't have to "make weight". The plan is to diet down to the best condition, whatever the weight may be. Going to use a carb reduction plan (keto not for me). I am starting a bit earlier than most people would, 24 weeks. I figure I wanna give myself the most amount of time as possible.

Also, B Con and myself will be doing the OBF contest over at bb.com. The two of us will also be competing in the Bustin Ass Transformation here. Figured I'd be dieting anyway, right? Looking forward to both of those contests as well.

Diet, again, gonna be just carb reduction. Planning on 7-8 meals a day. Protein will be high, and coming from steak, chicken, tuna, tilapia, and egg whites. Most carb sources will be white rice, oats, and potatoes. Got some natty PB and olive oil for some healthy fat.

Training will be the same hardcore style. Will be changing gyms on April 1st to accomodate my style of lifting. I'll add dropsets and supersets later on in the cut. Just gonna keep it simple and basic.

Living, well that's tough LOL. Most of you know I just graduated college in December, and I was lucky enough to get a full-time job at one of Target's Distribution Centers. It's an awesome job, but the hours are a bit crazy. I only work Tues-Fri, but I have to be at work at 5am and leave around 5pm. That means morning cardio at 330am! Gonna be rough but I know I can do it.

Supplements have yet to be decided upon. Without question, Pak, Cuts, and Nitro are my staples. Protein is gonna be Ultra Iso Whey. Thinking either Shock or Pump as my pre-workout supp and Torrent as post-workout. Gotta see what the budget holds.

Anyway, just wanted to keep everyone posted on what's going on in my life. Arnold in 9 days!! Chest with G Diesel Friday, legs with Big Ant and Littleman55 Saturday! Does it get much better???

Good luck bro! I know you are going to kick ass and take names.

Hollow
02-26-09, 8:15 am
Great shoulder and tricep workout scals17! Congrats on the PR!!!

Sounds like you have a solid plan laid out for your diet. The cardio, yes it may be hard to hit it at 3:30 am but I have a strong feeling it won’t be a problem for you scals17, you have a great sense of determination to let it be a problem.

Working out with the likes of G Diesel, BigAnt and Littleman55 at the Arnold, you’re going to have a blast.

jayanticoli
02-26-09, 8:32 am
Fuck ya bro glad to see you got to where u wanna be...i'll be at the arnold so i'm sure i'll be amazed at how much uve gained since we trained at the Easton ABC...yo i wanna get in on training with you guys any idea if i could?

LittleMan55
02-26-09, 8:34 am
Delt work looked good bro! Uh-Oh the real task is here now. We talked about it though and things will go well. Just keep working.

Cool I got a shout out... I'm just as stoked to do wheelz with Big Ant and yourself. It will be a blast!

Aggression
02-26-09, 9:39 am
Everything seems to be on track as the off-season ends for you ends my brotha. You have a lot on your plate for the next few months, and I look forward to seeing how it all goes down. Good luck man.

Hoomgar
02-26-09, 12:44 pm
Does it get much better???

You'd be hard pressed to top this bro. Everything sounds great. best to you and Burt in the OBF and the BAT09 as well as the OCB bro. Your going to place high and take the trophy man. No way you can do all this work with this level of dedication and not have it pay off. Plus this all should plop you onto the beach in prime condition man ;)

Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next 24 weeks bro.

Hg

Mr. Dead
02-26-09, 4:27 pm
Thanks for the update!!! Definitely lookin' forward to see you progress!!!

The Sun
02-26-09, 5:26 pm

wow, brother.
you're gonna make a hell of a show on the stage, a man with a plan.
wish august is here already, wanna see you beasting the competition.

scals
02-26-09, 5:45 pm
good plan brotha!

Thanks brother.

damn, thats a solid workout right there Scals.

"Arnold in 9 days!! Chest with G Diesel Friday, legs with Big Ant and Littleman55 Saturday! Does it get much better???" - I can't see how!

Thanks Psycho. Damn right, it def cannot get any better than that.

Wow, strong delt work Steve. How do you like those front raises?

Thanks T. Yea, umm, they were interesting. I really never do front raises, so they were a tad awkward. Give em a try.

Killer session bro! Looking strong.

Sick wheels session Steve! Glad to see that hamstring is feeling better.

Solid session my man! I like the volume.

Great session bro, congrats on the PR! Working on some cannonball delts for sure.

Good luck bro! I know you are going to kick ass and take names.

Thanks for the kind words Phil. Got no other option than to kick some ass. See ya in 8 days.

Great shoulder and tricep workout scals17! Congrats on the PR!!!

Sounds like you have a solid plan laid out for your diet. The cardio, yes it may be hard to hit it at 3:30 am but I have a strong feeling it won’t be a problem for you scals17, you have a great sense of determination to let it be a problem.

Working out with the likes of G Diesel, BigAnt and Littleman55 at the Arnold, you’re going to have a blast.

Thanks Hollow. IDK how that went up so easy. I definitely feel the plan is ok right now, def make changes along the way. I have been thinking about this time period for a long time.

I'm def not a morning person, so this should be interesting lol. 330 is very early. Man the Arnold is gonna be sick!!

Delt work looked good bro! Uh-Oh the real task is here now. We talked about it though and things will go well. Just keep working.

Cool I got a shout out... I'm just as stoked to do wheelz with Big Ant and yourself. It will be a blast!

Thanks Broc. The time is now. Gonna bust my ass the next couple of months.

Of course you were gonna get a shout out. You and Burt def gonna keep me going through the diet. It's Top 3 or bust!!!

Everything seems to be on track as the off-season ends for you ends my brotha. You have a lot on your plate for the next few months, and I look forward to seeing how it all goes down. Good luck man.

Thanks brother. I can't wait to have ya along for what seems to be a fun ride.

You'd be hard pressed to top this bro. Everything sounds great. best to you and Burt in the OBF and the BAT09 as well as the OCB bro. Your going to place high and take the trophy man. No way you can do all this work with this level of dedication and not have it pay off. Plus this all should plop you onto the beach in prime condition man ;)

Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next 24 weeks bro.

Hg

Thanks Hg. I sure hope so bro. I am going to bust my ass and do everything that is necessary. Top 3 or bust, in my mind. I don't care if it's the first one. Glad I got ya in my corner Hg.

Oh the beach LOL.

Thanks for the update!!! Definitely lookin' forward to see you progress!!!

Thanks MD. I got you for motivation as youre doing the thing now.

wow, brother.
you're gonna make a hell of a show on the stage, a man with a plan.
wish august is here already, wanna see you beasting the competition.

Thanks Sun. I figure having a plan is the best thing lol. Like McFly said August is right around the corner. It will be here before ya know it.

scals
02-27-09, 7:02 pm
Quick little, light back workout tonight. Start of the deload or "active" rest, before the Arnold.

Machine PDs
4x20,25,25,30

Shrugs
3x20,20,50

Seated Rows
4x15,15,20,20

Hyperextensions
2x15

25 minutes treadmill. Done in 45 minutes total.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-27-09, 8:34 pm
solid...no A1...

scals
02-27-09, 8:48 pm
solid...no A1...

Def not bro. Deload week is no A1 at all. Come Friday chest w/ G Diesel and Saturday Legs w/ Big Ant ... there's some A1

prowrestler
02-27-09, 11:48 pm
just got re caught up, been real busy latley haha

u had a succesful offseason for sure, 28 pounds is a lot in that time frame man. not only with a longer cut will u hold on to more muscle, you will be more prepared.

The Sun
02-28-09, 6:53 am
god knows how much we hate deloads

John-TNS
02-28-09, 11:26 am
Good luck with the deload bro.... Also, have some fun up at the Arnold!!!

scals
02-28-09, 4:59 pm
just got re caught up, been real busy latley haha

u had a succesful offseason for sure, 28 pounds is a lot in that time frame man. not only with a longer cut will u hold on to more muscle, you will be more prepared.

Thanks pro. I felt it was my best offseason so far. Preparation is the name of the gym.

god knows how much we hate deloads

Fuckin sucks, but better than a week off.

Good luck with the deload bro.... Also, have some fun up at the Arnold!!!

Thanks John. It's gonna be a blast. Wish you coulda made it.

scals
02-28-09, 5:01 pm
Nice and light today but high reps.

Incline DB Press ss w/ Side Laterals
3x20 (each)

Fly Machine ss w/ Machine Delt Press
3x20 (each)

Flat Bench ss w/ Side Lateral Machine
3x15 / 3x25

Chest Press Machine ss w/ Reverse Pec Dec
3x20

100 reps for abs. 10 minutes on the treadmill. No headphones, but got to watch the end of the UConn ND game.

LittleMan55
02-28-09, 5:18 pm
Deloads suck! Good job holding back because they sure do pay off. I'm ready for wheelz next weekend. Had a practice run at a wild one this week so I could be ready...

scals
02-28-09, 5:25 pm
Deloads suck! Good job holding back because they sure do pay off. I'm ready for wheelz next weekend. Had a practice run at a wild one this week so I could be ready...

They suck is right. I figured I'd take it easy being that next Friday and Saturday are gonna be nuts!!!

Oh baby LEGS! I got some deload legs tomorrow, gearing up!

Pizzalamp
02-28-09, 8:53 pm

3x20 (each)

3x20 (each)

3x15 / 3x25

3x20

100 reps for abs. 10 minutes on the treadmill. No headphones, but got to watch the end of the UConn ND game.
u gotta do it scals...sometimes u just gotta

zanderfever
03-01-09, 5:43 pm
I'm sorry you have to deload... that sucks.

scals
03-01-09, 6:09 pm
u gotta do it scals...sometimes u just gotta

Yup, sucks, but a necessary evil bro.

I'm sorry you have to deload... that sucks.

Thanks for feeling my pain.

scals
03-01-09, 6:15 pm
Still deloading, but went a bit heavier then the last couple of deload workouts.

Squats
4x15 @ 225

Leg Press
4x25 -- Last set 5pps

Leg Extensions
3x20

15 minutes of cardio. No hamstrings today, still trying to rest em up.

Themostocles
03-02-09, 1:04 am
Hmmm, just trying to imagine the carnage when you come back off this deload

prowrestler
03-02-09, 1:05 am
hang in there, deloads suck lol

Hollow
03-02-09, 7:14 am
Solid deloading workouts scals17 especially with the super setting on the chest and delts session. A week of deloading is far better then a week away from the gym…going stir crazy!

scals
03-02-09, 9:56 am

It won't be pretty .... for the weights.

hang in there, deloads suck lol

Thanks pro, I'm tryin.

Solid deloading workouts scals17 especially with the super setting on the chest and delts session. A week of deloading is far better then a week away from the gym…going stir crazy!

Thanks Hollow. I know they're useful and thats the only thing keeping me going.

Phil800101
03-02-09, 3:30 pm
Quick little, light back workout tonight. Start of the deload or "active" rest, before the Arnold.

Machine PDs
4x20,25,25,30

Shrugs
3x20,20,50

Seated Rows
4x15,15,20,20

Hyperextensions
2x15

25 minutes treadmill. Done in 45 minutes total.

3x20 (each)

3x20 (each)

3x15 / 3x25

3x20

Still deloading, but went a bit heavier then the last couple of deload workouts.

Squats
4x15 @ 225

Leg Press
4x25 -- Last set 5pps

Leg Extensions
3x20

15 minutes of cardio. No hamstrings today, still trying to rest em up.

Looking good in here Steve! Keep it up. I hope the hamstrings feel better.

Mr. Dead
03-02-09, 3:32 pm

x2...

ForearmFreak
03-02-09, 7:56 pm
which hotel are you staying at?

Hoomgar
03-02-09, 9:26 pm
Nice week of deloading bro. Getting that energy all charged up nice and high for the Arnold eh? Sneak attack! Ha ha!

Hg

scals
03-02-09, 9:38 pm
Looking good in here Steve! Keep it up. I hope the hamstrings feel better.

Thanks Phil. It is, just precautionary taking time off of i.

x2...

Thanks MD. It will be a battle with me and the iron.

which hotel are you staying at?

No idea lol. Ask B Con, he made the arrangements lol.

Nice week of deloading bro. Getting that energy all charged up nice and high for the Arnold eh? Sneak attack! Ha ha!

Hg

Thanks Hg. Just got deload arms left and the rest of the week off. I'm training with some big boys, I need all the energy I can get LOL.

scals
03-03-09, 3:35 pm
Last workout before the Arnold.

Decline CGBP
3x15,15,20

Rope OH Extension
3x20

DB Kickbacks
3x15

BB Curls
4x15

Cable Curls
3x15,15,20

DB Preachers
3x15

8 sets of calves, 100 reps for abs, 30 minutes on the treadmill while watching Rudy.

See ya in Columbus!!!!!!!!!!

prowrestler
03-03-09, 3:41 pm
Last workout before the Arnold.

Decline CGBP
3x15,15,20

Rope OH Extension
3x20

DB Kickbacks
3x15

BB Curls
4x15

Cable Curls
3x15,15,20

DB Preachers
3x15

8 sets of calves, 100 reps for abs, 30 minutes on the treadmill while watching Rudy.

See ya in Columbus!!!!!!!!!!

good one,maybe a real workout come arny time?

scals
03-03-09, 3:48 pm
good one,maybe a real workout come arny time?

Got 2 real ones at the Arnold. Chest Friday night w/ G Diesel and Legs Saturday night with Big Ant and Broc.

Mr. Dead
03-03-09, 3:56 pm
Got 2 real ones at the Arnold. Chest Friday night w/ G Diesel and Legs Saturday night with Big Ant and Broc.

Hope ya have a killer time, there!!!

The Sun
03-03-09, 4:00 pm
I really admire your attitude with the deload, I really can't stand it.
kill it at the Arnold, and don't forget to have great time bro.

get some pics :D!

scals
03-03-09, 4:08 pm
Hope ya have a killer time, there!!!

Thanks MD. I'm sure it will be a blast.

I really admire your attitude with the deload, I really can't stand it.
kill it at the Arnold, and don't forget to have great time bro.

get some pics :D!

Thanks bro. In this sport there are necessary evils. Deloading or weeks off are just that. Gotta look at it as something that is going to help me get to the top of the mountain.

I will make sure to have a ton of pix for ya bro.

prowrestler
03-03-09, 4:23 pm

nice!

J Wong
03-03-09, 5:40 pm
Have fun at the Arnold!

scals
03-03-09, 6:49 pm
nice!

Yup. There's gonna be carnage.

Have fun at the Arnold!

Thanks boom.

Psycho77
03-03-09, 7:20 pm
Thanks bro. In this sport there are necessary evils. Deloading or weeks off are just that. Gotta look at it as something that is going to help me get to the top of the mountain.

I'll keep this in mind when I deload next week.

John-TNS
03-03-09, 10:23 pm
How is your intensity level during a deload? I am doing 20 rep week and really pushing to get those last few reps ( banging out some super high intensity)... DO you lower your intensity level?

Pizzalamp
03-03-09, 10:34 pm
sounds like youre gonna be a monster invading the abc in cbus

Themostocles
03-04-09, 1:52 am

x2, they have no idea what is about to hit them

scals
03-04-09, 4:42 am
I'll keep this in mind when I deload next week.

Good bro. No one's ever happy they have to do it. But you're body will thank you.

How is your intensity level during a deload? I am doing 20 rep week and really pushing to get those last few reps ( banging out some super high intensity)... DO you lower your intensity level?

Those last few reps on the final sets tend to be a little ball busting but overall I have to say the intensity is down maybe 2 notches. I use a deload week more for "active rest". It will help me bring the intensity even more when it comes time really hit it.

Haha. I guess we'll see lol.

x2, they have no idea what is about to hit them

That's the way I like to keep it T.

Phil800101
03-04-09, 5:46 am
Nice gun show bro! I bet it was a solid pump. Cya in a few days...

Hollow
03-04-09, 8:09 am
Solid arm workout scals17! Rudy is a great movie and would make cardio a bit more tolerable. Have a safe trip to the Arnold and have a blast.

scals
03-04-09, 6:35 pm
Nice gun show bro! I bet it was a solid pump. Cya in a few days...

Thanks Phil. It def was. Can't wait ... just one more day.

Solid arm workout scals17! Rudy is a great movie and would make cardio a bit more tolerable. Have a safe trip to the Arnold and have a blast.

Thanks Hollow. Rudy def helped me out lol. Thanks bro, will do.

Hoomgar
03-05-09, 11:39 am
Make pretty pictures for us while your out there at the A bro. Have a great weekend man!

Hg

John-TNS
03-05-09, 4:32 pm
Make pretty pictures for us while your out there at the A bro. Have a great weekend man!

Hg

What she said!

Hoomgar
03-05-09, 4:59 pm
What she said!

WT? Hey! *L*

zanderfever
03-05-09, 7:51 pm
I hear you will be training a little come Saturday, huh? Haha, its going to be an interesting weekend.

AZN-BEEF
03-05-09, 8:45 pm
you lucky bastard! lol jk bro have a fun and safe trip!

Psycho77
03-05-09, 9:45 pm
Some guys have all the fun. Have a great weekend Scals.

scals
03-08-09, 3:33 pm

Hg

I got some good ones Hg. I'll post later, along with some interesting stories LOL.

What she said!

haha.

WT? Hey! *L*

Sounds like fighting words Hg.

I hear you will be training a little come Saturday, huh? Haha, its going to be an interesting weekend.

I guess this was the message, huh Z lol. Good seeing ys this weekend.

you lucky bastard! lol jk bro have a fun and safe trip!

Thanks bro lol. Had a great time.

Some guys have all the fun. Have a great weekend Scals.

Thanks bro. It was awesome.

scals
03-08-09, 3:38 pm
Trained chest with G, B Con, and Arsilva Friday night. Wrath jumped in a few sets as well. Awesome environment.

Flat Bench
135 15, 225 10, 275 5, 315 1, 245 8, 225 11, 185 20

Flat Press Machine
2x20
1x50ish (triple drop)

Incline Flyes
3x15,12,8 -- Last set 75s

scals
03-08-09, 3:42 pm
Trained with Broc, Big Ant, and Kyle. My legs feel like jello now.

Leg Extensions
3x20

Leg Press - Crazy 8's
We started with 2pps then kept adding 1pps until we couldn't get 8 anymore. Broc and I managed to get to 14pps (28 fucking plates) and finish up for 8.

Squats
2x10

Seated Leg Curls
3x10-20

Done.

I'll post my experience of the Arnold in a bit. I have to go food shopping!!!!

Themostocles
03-08-09, 3:47 pm
Now that was some awesome work with some awesome lifters

zanderfever
03-08-09, 5:14 pm
I'll post my experience of the Arnold in a bit. I have to go food shopping!!!!

Oh, I can't wait to read your reflection, haha. 5 bucks says mines longer :P

shizz702
03-08-09, 5:18 pm
Damn sick leg day scals! 28 pies is just crazy!

B Con
03-08-09, 7:00 pm
Who is that B Con guy you lifted with? haha

I heard something about a "restart" button... glad you made it back in. Had a blast this weekend. Glad we got to train. My fucking chest still hurts. Keep pounding brother.

scals
03-08-09, 8:25 pm
Now that was some awesome work with some awesome lifters

Thanks T

Oh, I can't wait to read your reflection, haha. 5 bucks says mines longer :P

Well I'm not a 17 year old computer geek, I'm a 22 year old working man, of course yours will be longer :) Hahaha. Just playin Z.

Damn sick leg day scals! 28 pies is just crazy!

Thanks shizz. That shit was fuckin heavy.

Who is that B Con guy you lifted with? haha

I heard something about a "restart" button... glad you made it back in. Had a blast this weekend. Glad we got to train. My fucking chest still hurts. Keep pounding brother.

Hahaha. Thanks glad you made it back too. My chest is killing me too. We gotta work something out and train together again soon. None of this once a year shit.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-08-09, 8:31 pm
Scals, it was good seeing ya and talkin wit ya over this weekend man. Definately be seeing your skinny ass very soon haha!

scals
03-08-09, 8:47 pm
Wow. What a fucking weekend. This was definitely one of the best times of my life. So much hype about the Cage, that was exceed by miles. It was awesome getting to put faces to names. Meeting Wrath, Rage, The Freak, Sam Byrd, Hola Bola, Aggression, was great. Getting to see Ox, Vinny, House, Big Al, Toni, Zander, and McFly again was awesome too, not to mention J-Dawg and Naturalguy. Training with G Diesel, Big Ant, Broc, Alex, and Kyle was sweet.

My expectations were ... well I did not really have any, as this was my first trip to Columbus. I walked in and right away I was met by Johnnie Jackson holding his young child. I knew it was going to be a good day. Soon after that I needed to get money from the ATM and B Con came with me, and we ran into Ronnie Coleman. The King himself. Didn't have to wait in line or anything. Was truly a nice guy. Got to also meet Steve Blechman when I was out there too. TJ Humphreys from ProLab was also walking by and was one of the nicest guys I had ever met.

We hit up the Gaspari booth and were greeted by both Mark Alvisi and Flex Lewis. Two great guys that we got to talk to and see how they were doing. Got some pictures with Jay Cutler and Dexter Jackson while at the Muscletech booth. Also while we were there, Branch got up on the table and started posing. He looked awesome. Wish these judges would realize that he is the MAN. Not going to go into the Lou Ferrigno deal, but you can imagine. Talked with PJ Braun at the expo and the gym on Friday night about the latest MD video. Not thrilled that he was cut out of it, but at least he explained why he wraps his knees the way he does. Triple H was at the Species booth Saturday. Definitely my favorite wrestler, not so much my favorite person. Seemed aggravated that he was there.

Training was off the chain too. The workouts were sick, but being able to talk about different things with G and Big Ant that we normally wouldn't be able to was cool. Eating with all the Animals at Max and Erma's was awesome. Highlight was definitely Big Al asking G if he wanted him to strip and dance around the iron beam. Then Al proceeded to dance in his chair while pretending to pour ketchup and mustard all over himself. WHAT A SIGHT. While this is going on, Dennis Wolf is at the table next to us and it sounds like his chair is going to break and he's gonna end up in G's lap. What a night.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better time. Chillin with a bunch of Animals was fucking sick. The Cage was great. Nothing different could have been done to make this anymore exciting. 363 more days til next year.

scals
03-08-09, 8:57 pm
This morning in the airport after going through security and thanking God they didn't say anything about the supplements in my bag, I got to my gate. I was totally out of it and someone was like "hey bro". I looked over and it was Guy Cisternino. What a guy, literally lol. He was so down to earth and we talked for about 2 hours about everything in life. He signed a picture for me and thought he had an extra Species shirt but he didn't. It was just so cool to see how down to earth he was. Another Italian guy from the north east. Seems like theyre taking over ...

B Con
03-08-09, 9:03 pm
Nice write up Steve. Hell yeah. Already pumped for next years.

ForearmFreak
03-09-09, 12:12 am
it was great catching up with you this weekend scals. 28 plates is crazy!!! Don't worry I know you'll catch up to Big Ant's legs during the pose soon...lol...funniest part about the session.."Frank hey frank...you're a pussy" you've got some balls to say something like that to man that is just insanely big..

scals
03-09-09, 12:37 am
Nice write up Steve. Hell yeah. Already pumped for next years.

Thanks bro. I'm ready for it. It was so much fun this year.

it was great catching up with you this weekend scals. 28 plates is crazy!!! Don't worry I know you'll catch up to Big Ant's legs during the pose soon...lol...funniest part about the session.."Frank hey frank...you're a pussy" you've got some balls to say something like that to man that is just insanely big..

Def bro. 28 was heavy. Ant did kill me in the pose, but hey, he's a pro. I absolutely forgot about that with Frank. That's hilarious. He's such a great guy. This weekend was by far the best one in a while and for a while.

ForearmFreak
03-09-09, 12:44 am
i know right??? no weekend will top this for a long long time..i'm guessing not until March 2010

Hollow
03-09-09, 8:47 am
Sounds like an outstanding weekend scals17 and too boot you got yourself in two awesome sessions!

Aggression
03-09-09, 9:02 am
Awesome experience man. Best time of my life. I'm glad I was able to meet you. Next time, we'll have to get a training session in together. Keep up the good work brotha.

Toni69
03-09-09, 10:57 am
Wow. What a fucking weekend. This was definitely one of the best times of my life. So much hype about the Cage, that was exceed by miles. It was awesome getting to put faces to names. Meeting Wrath, Rage, The Freak, Sam Byrd, Hola Bola, Aggression, was great. Getting to see Ox, Vinny, House, Big Al, Toni, Zander, and McFly again was awesome too, not to mention J-Dawg and Naturalguy. Training with G Diesel, Big Ant, Broc, Alex, and Kyle was sweet.

My expectations were ... well I did not really have any, as this was my first trip to Columbus. I walked in and right away I was met by Johnnie Jackson holding his young child. I knew it was going to be a good day. Soon after that I needed to get money from the ATM and B Con came with me, and we ran into Ronnie Coleman. The King himself. Didn't have to wait in line or anything. Was truly a nice guy. Got to also meet Steve Blechman when I was out there too. TJ Humphreys from ProLab was also walking by and was one of the nicest guys I had ever met.

We hit up the Gaspari booth and were greeted by both Mark Alvisi and Flex Lewis. Two great guys that we got to talk to and see how they were doing. Got some pictures with Jay Cutler and Dexter Jackson while at the Muscletech booth. Also while we were there, Branch got up on the table and started posing. He looked awesome. Wish these judges would realize that he is the MAN. Not going to go into the Lou Ferrigno deal, but you can imagine. Talked with PJ Braun at the expo and the gym on Friday night about the latest MD video. Not thrilled that he was cut out of it, but at least he explained why he wraps his knees the way he does. Triple H was at the Species booth Saturday. Definitely my favorite wrestler, not so much my favorite person. Seemed aggravated that he was there.

Training was off the chain too. The workouts were sick, but being able to talk about different things with G and Big Ant that we normally wouldn't be able to was cool. Eating with all the Animals at Max and Erma's was awesome. Highlight was definitely Big Al asking G if he wanted him to strip and dance around the iron beam. Then Al proceeded to dance in his chair while pretending to pour ketchup and mustard all over himself. WHAT A SIGHT. While this is going on, Dennis Wolf is at the table next to us and it sounds like his chair is going to break and he's gonna end up in G's lap. What a night.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better time. Chillin with a bunch of Animals was fucking sick. The Cage was great. Nothing different could have been done to make this anymore exciting. 363 more days til next year.

thank you scals for including me here..I know I got lazy with training but I think for me, cause I trained so hard for this thing, I just wanted to chill but seeing you when I can is always awesome and you looked so great! I havent even been able to get my words together yet about this wkd cause it was that overwhelming to me..i mean shit..it put me out for a damn nap and you know I hardly nap! LOL...goes to show ya, i was in great cardio shape but the Arnold still kicks my ass! hahaha!

I really hope we can get together sometime soon and just chill out. Please let me know if ever your in my neck of the woods again...we will train legs..I promise you this! ;)

Hoomgar
03-09-09, 11:34 am
Man, sounds like a couple of crazy good times those workouts bro. Thanks for the update. It's amazing how much stuff can happen in one weekend ain't?

scals
03-09-09, 2:12 pm
i know right??? no weekend will top this for a long long time..i'm guessing not until March 2010

Thats exactly what I'm thinking.

Sounds like an outstanding weekend scals17 and too boot you got yourself in two awesome sessions!

Thanks Hollow. It was AMAZING!

Awesome experience man. Best time of my life. I'm glad I was able to meet you. Next time, we'll have to get a training session in together. Keep up the good work brotha.

Def bro. Simply amazing. Next time I'm back at my parents in Philly I'll hit ya up and try to get a session in.

thank you scals for including me here..I know I got lazy with training but I think for me, cause I trained so hard for this thing, I just wanted to chill but seeing you when I can is always awesome and you looked so great! I havent even been able to get my words together yet about this wkd cause it was that overwhelming to me..i mean shit..it put me out for a damn nap and you know I hardly nap! LOL...goes to show ya, i was in great cardio shape but the Arnold still kicks my ass! hahaha!

I really hope we can get together sometime soon and just chill out. Please let me know if ever your in my neck of the woods again...we will train legs..I promise you this! ;)

Thanks, but I got a lot of work to do lol. It was great seeing ya and I guess just seeing me makes you tired LOL. It was quit overwhelming but in a good way.

Next time I'm up there I'll call ya and legs it is!

Man, sounds like a couple of crazy good times those workouts bro. Thanks for the update. It's amazing how much stuff can happen in one weekend ain't?

It was nuts Hg. Next year youre there with us. Truly amazing!

scals
03-09-09, 2:16 pm
Ight, the name of the journey will be changed shortly, but today was indeed day 1. Trained back and started with real cardio.

Pull-ups
3x12,10,10 - BW

Reverse BB Rows
4x8-15 -- Last set 275 8

BB Shrugs
3x12-20 -- Last set 405 12

Machine Pulldowns
3x12-15 -- 2 OH, 1 UH

Seated Rows ss w/ DB Shrugs
Sr - 3x8-12 -- Last set Stack 8
Shrugs - 3x15 -- Last set 85s

Hyperextensions
2x15 -- BW

Seated Calves ss w/ Horizon Calves
3x25 -- each (6 sets total)

20 minutes treadmill -- 10-12 incline, 3.0-3.2 speed

Phil800101
03-09-09, 2:17 pm
Great sessions bro, you really hit it hard and heavy! It was awesome to finally meet you too. The weekend was amazing, I can't wait for next year already.

Hoomgar
03-09-09, 3:01 pm
Real cardio!?!? 8-0

I'll be back in 14 weeks to see how you are doing man...

LOL! Time to shred it up bro!

Hg

Mr. Dead
03-09-09, 3:02 pm
Time to do it up right, brother!!!

RK
03-09-09, 9:45 pm
looking swole brother! I'm sure that ur chest and leg day where straight from hell! Best of luck on the lifts with cardio, sure ur gonna nail that shit down and be lookin beastley!

Psycho77
03-09-09, 10:34 pm
Ight, the name of the journey will be changed shortly, but today was indeed day 1. Trained back and started with real cardio.

Pull-ups
3x12,10,10 - BW

Reverse BB Rows
4x8-15 -- Last set 275 8

BB Shrugs
3x12-20 -- Last set 405 12

Machine Pulldowns
3x12-15 -- 2 OH, 1 UH

Seated Rows ss w/ DB Shrugs
Sr - 3x8-12 -- Last set Stack 8
Shrugs - 3x15 -- Last set 85s

Hyperextensions
2x15 -- BW

Seated Calves ss w/ Horizon Calves
3x25 -- each (6 sets total)

20 minutes treadmill -- 10-12 incline, 3.0-3.2 speed

sick workout Scals. cardio=yuck lol. But necessary.

Toni69
03-09-09, 10:39 pm
Scals is swole...LOL...seriously, he is. LOL

B Con
03-09-09, 10:54 pm
Nice work as always Steve. Glad to see you getting it contest ready in here. You were looking large and in charge at the Arnold and looking forward to how things turn out. I'm here for ya so whatever ya need don't hesitate to let me know.

prowrestler
03-09-09, 11:18 pm
awsome

besides the dieting :)

T o m m Y
03-09-09, 11:19 pm
dieting sucks ass lol
goodluck

AZN-BEEF
03-10-09, 1:11 am
damn bro sounds like a you had a blast! the more i read about the arnold more i regret not going lol...got any pics?

so i see you started your contest prep! ill definently be stopping by here more often!

arsilva
03-10-09, 1:30 am

haha oh god dude. Big Al was sittin right next to me doin his exotic dancing. made it hard to finish that steak.

Phil800101
03-10-09, 4:08 am
Killer session Steve! I like the supersets.

Hollow
03-10-09, 7:34 am
Great workout scals17! Nice touch with the super set of the seated rows with the DB shrugs.

Aggression
03-10-09, 8:36 am
Let the games begin. niCe back attack brotha.

scals
03-10-09, 6:08 pm
Great sessions bro, you really hit it hard and heavy! It was awesome to finally meet you too. The weekend was amazing, I can't wait for next year already.

Great meeting you too Phil.

Real cardio!?!? 8-0

I'll be back in 14 weeks to see how you are doing man...

LOL! Time to shred it up bro!

Hg

Real cardio sucks Hg!!!! In 14 weeks I better be well on my way LOL.

Time to do it up right, brother!!!

Its on MD!

looking swole brother! I'm sure that ur chest and leg day where straight from hell! Best of luck on the lifts with cardio, sure ur gonna nail that shit down and be lookin beastley!

Thanks brother. My legs are still killing me. Gotta nail it, no other options.

sick workout Scals. cardio=yuck lol. But necessary.

Thanks Psycho. Yuck is right.

Scals is swole...LOL...seriously, he is. LOL

Hahaha. Thats a great joke, but thanks Toni ;)

Nice work as always Steve. Glad to see you getting it contest ready in here. You were looking large and in charge at the Arnold and looking forward to how things turn out. I'm here for ya so whatever ya need don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks Burt. Large and in charge? Maybe...LOL. Same goes for you bro.

awsome

besides the dieting :)

Haha thanks pro.

dieting sucks ass lol
goodluck

Haha, thanks bro.

damn bro sounds like a you had a blast! the more i read about the arnold more i regret not going lol...got any pics?

so i see you started your contest prep! ill definently be stopping by here more often!

Had an awesome time bro. I do have pix, I need to get them online though. Stop in as often as you like bro.

haha oh god dude. Big Al was sittin right next to me doin his exotic dancing. made it hard to finish that steak.

Hahahaha. That was great. What a weekend.

Killer session Steve! I like the supersets.

Thanks Phil.

Great workout scals17! Nice touch with the super set of the seated rows with the DB shrugs.

Thanks Hollow. I wanted to cut down on the time in there so supersetting was necessary.

Let the games begin. niCe back attack brotha.

It's on bro. Thanks!

scals
03-10-09, 6:09 pm
30 minutes of cardio today! SUCKS!!!

B Con
03-10-09, 10:07 pm

Dude it all sucks. It's worth it. Let me know if you have questions about how to link those pics and so forth.

RK
03-10-09, 10:30 pm
You still eatin big but throwin in the cardio right? or u on complete diet mode?

arsilva
03-10-09, 10:33 pm
oh man, def will be followin this contest prep. i'm thinking about competing myself mid- to end-summer

Themostocles
03-11-09, 1:39 am
THat was some nice back work and good luck with the dieting

Phil800101
03-11-09, 3:57 am
Cardio doesn't just suck, it blows.

Hollow
03-11-09, 8:59 am

It’s one of those things, cardio may suck but it is necessary. Better you then me though…lol! Good work scals17!

McFly
03-11-09, 9:02 am
cardio, dieting, training is all the easy part....keep your head strong and stay focused.

do your thing big boy!!!!

Hoomgar
03-11-09, 9:37 am

We love cardio, right? Gotta keep the melon in agreement with the goals homie LOL!

J Wong
03-11-09, 9:51 am
Good luck with the show man! You'll do great.

ForearmFreak
03-11-09, 10:30 am
so is this going to be your journey now?? or are you still going to update your bulk journey?

John-TNS
03-11-09, 10:34 am
Sounds like you had a really good time at the Arnold bro... Funny stories! How long is your contest prep?

shizz702
03-11-09, 10:44 am
You know I'm in scals.

firsthorseman97
03-11-09, 11:08 am
HEY TITS!!!! Consider me subbed!

Big C
03-11-09, 11:33 am
I'm subbed TITS.....you da man. I'm sad I did not get to say goodbye to her Sunday morning :(

Toni69
03-11-09, 4:05 pm
subbed big guy...and I get the TITS things too..haha..so funny. LOL

scals
03-11-09, 8:48 pm
Dude it all sucks. It's worth it. Let me know if you have questions about how to link those pics and so forth.

True. Thanks bro.

You still eatin big but throwin in the cardio right? or u on complete diet mode?

FULL OUT DIET. Get ready!

oh man, def will be followin this contest prep. i'm thinking about competing myself mid- to end-summer

Thanks bro. You're in good shape, go for it!

THat was some nice back work and good luck with the dieting

Thanks T. Back is still killing me.

Cardio doesn't just suck, it blows.

AMEN.

It’s one of those things, cardio may suck but it is necessary. Better you then me though…lol! Good work scals17!

Absolutely. Hahaha, thanks Hollow.

cardio, dieting, training is all the easy part....keep your head strong and stay focused.

do your thing big boy!!!!

Thanks bro. Spoken by a true champion!

We love cardio, right? Gotta keep the melon in agreement with the goals homie LOL!

Hahaha, you got it Hg.

Good luck with the show man! You'll do great.

Thanks boom. Appreciate the support.

Sounds like you had a really good time at the Arnold bro... Funny stories! How long is your contest prep?

Great time bro!!! Great stories!!!

24 weeks. First one, gotta give myself enough time.

You know I'm in scals.

Awesome! Glad to have ya along shizz.

HEY TITS!!!! Consider me subbed!

Sup TITS! Great to have ya.

I'm subbed TITS.....you da man. I'm sad I did not get to say goodbye to her Sunday morning :(

Haha. Awesome bro. You didnt say goodbye to me or her!!! What goes on???

subbed big guy...and I get the TITS things too..haha..so funny. LOL

Hahaha. Happy that you'll be here :)

scals
03-11-09, 8:52 pm
Good day today.

DB Press
55s 2x12, 75s 12, 90s 15(PR--Felt light), 100s 10

Decline CGBP
135 12, 225 8, 250 6 --> 135 12

Side Laterals
25s 12, 30s 12, 40s 10, 50s 8

Incline Skull Crushers - premade ez curl bars
70 15, 90 12, 100 12, 110 12

Rear DB Laterals ss w/ Cable Face Pulls
60s 10/??? 12
65s 10/??? 12

Rope Pushdowns
3x15

Abs then 30 minutes cardio.

scals
03-11-09, 8:56 pm
so is this going to be your journey now?? or are you still going to update your bulk journey?

Sorry I missed this in the first round ... This is the same journey with a new name!

AZN-BEEF
03-11-09, 9:58 pm
nice pr! how many weeks outs are you?

scals
03-11-09, 9:59 pm
nice pr! how many weeks outs are you?

24 weeks bro. Taking the extra time being that it is my first show.

Pizzalamp
03-11-09, 10:10 pm
good loking workout scals

glad u had fun in cbus!

B Con
03-11-09, 11:33 pm
I like the new title... all I could think of was...

"restart"

Big C
03-12-09, 12:08 am
OMG I forgot......why must you say that Burt!

And x2 on the title...when is the show bro?

"restart"

zanderfever
03-12-09, 12:42 am
Sorry I missed this in the first round ... This is the same journey with a new name!

You should get this changed to the "Your Contest Journey" section.

Firedrake
03-12-09, 1:58 am
. . . or perhaps "reboot"! *grin*

Get your pix done this weekend so we can watch your progress!

Phil800101
03-12-09, 3:13 am
Great session bro, congrats on the PR! Nice volume.

Themostocles
03-12-09, 3:43 am
Good day today.

DB Press
55s 2x12, 75s 12, 90s 15(PR--Felt light), 100s 10

Decline CGBP
135 12, 225 8, 250 6 --> 135 12

Side Laterals
25s 12, 30s 12, 40s 10, 50s 8

Incline Skull Crushers - premade ez curl bars
70 15, 90 12, 100 12, 110 12

Rear DB Laterals ss w/ Cable Face Pulls
60s 10/??? 12
65s 10/??? 12

Rope Pushdowns
3x15

Abs then 30 minutes cardio.

Next page bump for you lol. Awesome PR, really tearing it up

Hollow
03-12-09, 7:34 am
Any day you hit a new PR is definitely a good day. Great session scals17 and congrats on hitting a new PR!!!

firsthorseman97
03-12-09, 8:47 am
Strong ass workout Steve. You moved some weight. Congrats on the PR.

Aggression
03-12-09, 9:24 am
Strong mother fucker. niCe scals

prowrestler
03-12-09, 10:48 am
awsome chest tricep training man, good pr on the db press too

The Sun
03-12-09, 12:37 pm
grats for the PR brother, I'm may not be commenting alot but I'm always tuned to see what's going on here.

RK
03-12-09, 2:40 pm
Great work scals! never stop striving for more i know your last workout was sick but i know u got more in the tank to push it even further!

LittleMan55
03-12-09, 4:32 pm
LMAO at Burt and the restart...

Nice work and PR! Hope week one is going well.

scals
03-12-09, 6:59 pm
good loking workout scals

glad u had fun in cbus!

Thanks bro. Really missed ya up there. Hope everything is going well for ya.

"restart"

Hahahaha. We're you thinking of poking me too lol???

OMG I forgot......why must you say that Burt!

And x2 on the title...when is the show bro?

August 29th bro! Got lots of work to do.

You should get this changed to the "Your Contest Journey" section.

That's up to the big boys.

. . . or perhaps "reboot"! *grin*

Get your pix done this weekend so we can watch your progress!

Haha. I'll do my best about the pics.

Great session bro, congrats on the PR! Nice volume.

Thanks Phil.

Next page bump for you lol. Awesome PR, really tearing it up

Thanks T, I appreciate it.

Any day you hit a new PR is definitely a good day. Great session scals17 and congrats on hitting a new PR!!!

Thanks Hollow. Felt light so I kept on going.

Strong ass workout Steve. You moved some weight. Congrats on the PR.

Thanks bro. Gotta do it while I still got it in me.

Strong mother fucker. niCe scals

Haha, idk bout that, but thanks bro.

awsome chest tricep training man, good pr on the db press too

Delts not chest, but thanks pro :)

grats for the PR brother, I'm may not be commenting alot but I'm always tuned to see what's going on here.

Thanks bro. Any type of support is always welcomed.

Great work scals! never stop striving for more i know your last workout was sick but i know u got more in the tank to push it even further!

Thanks RK. Each week I will push it even further!

LMAO at Burt and the restart...

Nice work and PR! Hope week one is going well.

Hahaha, what a weekend. Thanks bro. It's going LOL.

scals
03-12-09, 7:02 pm
So the plan is to hit legs twice a week, Thurs and Sun. Sunday will be heavy, heavy ... while Thurs will be more shaping and uni-lateral movements. Thursday I won't pay attention to weight as much as squeezing and holding the movement.

Lying Leg Curls
2x15

Leg Extensions
2x20

Front Squats
3x10

One Legged Press
4x10-12

Glute Machine - yea I know
3x12-15

Kneeling Uni-Lateral Leg Curl
2x8-12

Seated Calves and Horizontal Calves
10 sets (ish) x 25-40

Abs and 25 minutes of cardio.

Off tomorrow, except for cardio, Chest and biceps on Saturday!

Big C
03-12-09, 7:07 pm
Man that is a kick ass plan to hit legs twice a week....I tried that once (M and F) one heavy day and one lighter day higher reps. It worked good....I think you'll like it.

Killer workout btw.

scals
03-12-09, 7:10 pm
Man that is a kick ass plan to hit legs twice a week....I tried that once (M and F) one heavy day and one lighter day higher reps. It worked good....I think you'll like it.

Killer workout btw.

Thanks C. I hope the plan works ... I mean you saw my legs :/

arsilva
03-12-09, 7:17 pm
yeah bro, the most drastic change i've ever seen in my legs was when i was on a Mon Heavy Legs and Thurs Light/HiRep Legs program. and your legs learn to take quite a thrashing, too. so when you go back to only once a week, your legs days are that much more intense.

B Con
03-12-09, 10:07 pm
Last time I was hitting legs twice a week I injured my TFL.. don't be a dumbass and try to murder yourself both sessions like I did. Looking forward to your progress big man. Hit me up.

Big C
03-12-09, 10:17 pm
Ehhh yeah bro but we all have parts that we need to bring up...that's part of the game. It's chest for me....you'll be fine. Listen to Burt though you know you're shit I know you won't be stupid about it.

I think changing it up for a short time period and doing the 2 days a week will bring some changes you'll like.

Thanks C. I hope the plan works ... I mean you saw my legs :/

Firedrake
03-13-09, 12:17 am
That's a helluva leg plan, Scals -- I look forward to watching the fun!