PDA

View Full Version : Simpleguy's bulking log... consistency is the key

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

simpleguy
08-19-08, 4:16 pm
Taking a look back and learning from mistakes... that's what's in store... being aware there's no easy way to do this, and that I have to pay attention to my eating habits unless I want to turn into a fat slob... I haven't been genetically blessed like others, but what does not kill will only make me stronger

so here I am after a pretty successful cut, trying to add some lean mass on, and keep my gains solid... I'll have to be consistent with my diet and training, day in and out

few stats about me, I'm soon to be 18 years old, weighing around 180lb at almost 6 feet tall with a bf of 20-22%... trying to build my base now and get stronger (I lost some strength whilst cutting)

my diet right now... I'll be aiming for around 200g carbs, protein usually the same or higher, and fats around 65 to 75 grams... these are just guidelines

I'm not really a fan of eating exactly the same meals in the same order for months on end, so I don't have a set in stone menu... I usually plan my meals the day before... here's the meal plan for tomorrow:

Meal 1: 75g oats, 20g whey, 200ml skim milk
PWO: 30g dextrose, 20g whey
Meal 2: 50g instant rice, can of tuna, veggies
Meal 3: 1 banana, 1 scoop protein mix blended with 1 tbsp peanut butter
Meal 4: 50g instant rice, can of tuna, veggies
Meal 5: 5 whole eggs, veggies
Meal 6: 1 scoop protein mix, 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Macros breakdown: 204g carbs, 222g protein, 67g fat

My supps right now are gonna be:

pak
whey
protein mix (has whey, milk protein and cassein)
storm - one serving pre w/o, one serving intra workout
vanadyl sulfate - 10mg with meals 2 and 4
chromium picolinate - 200mcg with meals 2 and 4
...soon to add Torrent

now this week I'm gonna go with my old routine and starting with next week I'm gonna change it up, I plan on hitting certain bodyparts twice a week with very low volume... I've done the low-volume approach forever and my arms and chest won't respond... needless to say my biceps are almost never sore (tris are sometimes too sore)...

reading through a load of training articles, and different principles, I will give these two a more frequent stimulation, keeping volume very low... starting with next week

back and calves tomorrow

sly06
08-19-08, 4:20 pm
Sounds good as always SG! You know I am here for the ride. Now let's get to work.

pmug0000
08-19-08, 5:42 pm
I bet your pumped to be done cutting for a while! I'm sure you know what is best for yourself, but if you ask me (which you didn't but I'll say anyway lol) isn't your protein kinda low? I know you are worried about gaining fat too quickly, but my guess is you'd be safe with 300g protein a day, or about 40g per meal.
Whatever you decide good luck with the bulk!

basketcase
08-19-08, 6:04 pm
Why'd you decide to bulk now and not continue to cut? Just for the ability to gain strength? How long will this run for?

simpleguy
08-19-08, 9:41 pm
fellas, I'm really sorry to be starting the log with this shit, but for hours I've been having pretty bad diarrhea... and I feel pretty bad, since I'm on the shitter most of the times...

at first I thought it's because I didn't have any lactose during my keto diet and now I added it back in... that might have a bit to do with it, but I doubt it's only that, I'm still visiting the bathroom too often and I didn't have any milk in the past 12 hrs (and it was only a cup even then)...plus I was never lactose intolerant before keto

well, anyway the point is, I won't be able to train for 1-2 days, or how long this takes... I'm gonna stay at home, rest, drink a lot of fluids, eat some rice and some pro-biotic yogurts

simpleguy
08-19-08, 9:47 pm
Sounds good as always SG! You know I am here for the ride. Now let's get to work.

thanks sly

I bet your pumped to be done cutting for a while! I'm sure you know what is best for yourself, but if you ask me (which you didn't but I'll say anyway lol) isn't your protein kinda low? I know you are worried about gaining fat too quickly, but my guess is you'd be safe with 300g protein a day, or about 40g per meal.
Whatever you decide good luck with the bulk!

I focus on high protein when cutting to boost the metabolism... off-season we don't need as much protein assuming we're getting enough carbs and fats in... plus my lbm is around 138-139, so I'm getting in more then 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass
I feel it's definitely enough...

Why'd you decide to bulk now and not continue to cut? Just for the ability to gain strength? How long will this run for?

because bro, I have less then 140lb of lean mass... numbers don't mean shit to me, but I def need some muscle... I'm 'sporting' some 13 3/4 inches arms right now - not cool right? lol

J Wong
08-19-08, 9:59 pm
Down for the ride. Good luck

Redline19
08-20-08, 12:03 pm
SG, i have a question for ya. how much does storm cost in romania (you're from romania right?)

simpleguy
08-20-08, 12:06 pm
Down for the ride. Good luck

thanks boom

SG, i have a question for ya. how much does storm cost in romania (you're from romania right?)

yes, I'm from Romania... roughly 25 euros... so that would be slightly less then 40 bucks

Redline19
08-20-08, 12:11 pm
well i'm from slovenia, and here's 35 euros, IF it is very cheap!. usually it costs 55-60 euros.
p.s. nice plan bro

simpleguy
08-20-08, 1:15 pm
stayed at home to rest today... ate rice, bananas, pro-biotic yogurts, and drank a lot of liquids... echinacea tea as well... had some whey isolate shakes to get my protein in... not in the mood for any lactose lol

I'm feeling better now, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to train

simpleguy
08-20-08, 1:15 pm
well i'm from slovenia, and here's 35 euros, IF it is very cheap!. usually it costs 55-60 euros.
p.s. nice plan bro

damn that's expensive as hell...

simpleguy
08-21-08, 1:00 pm
first time in almost two months training in my good old-beloved gym... as I stepped into the gym, I could hear the sounds I love... plates banging, people screaming whilst literally giving their all on that bench, and seeing guys sweating big time from all their efforts... fuck yeah! this is my home

today was more of a general workout for me, just to get back slowly into it, so I hit up my chest, tris, abs and calves, only a few sets for each... I have to say I had a great workout, just lifting in the gym I like so much, just being there again... the sad conclusion is my strength is waaaaayyyyy down... even being carb-loaded, it feels nasty to struggle with a weight I used to do my warm-ups... if you wanna talk numbers: did 115x2 on the incline bench (previous best is 155), 115x4 on the flat (previous best is 165, but 115 felt heavy as shit) and I did 95x5 on the close grip bench press (previous best was 145)

I'm sure my strength will get back there again, but right now I feel like a beginner again lol throwing around these poundages... all being said, fuck the numbers, I'm just glad I'm back here again, I'm bulking and looking forward to some serious muscle gains... strength will get back there and even higher, I promise it

pmug0000
08-21-08, 1:13 pm
first time in almost two months training in my good old-beloved gym... as I stepped into the gym, I could hear the sounds I love... plates banging, people screaming whilst literally giving their all on that bench, and seeing guys sweating big time from all their efforts... fuck yeah! this is my home

today was more of a general workout for me, just to get back slowly into it, so I hit up my chest, tris, abs and calves, only a few sets for each... I have to say I had a great workout, just lifting in the gym I like so much, just being there again... the sad conclusion is my strength is waaaaayyyyy down... even being carb-loaded, it feels nasty to struggle with a weight I used to do my warm-ups... if you wanna talk numbers: did 115x2 on the incline bench (previous best is 155), 115x4 on the flat (previous best is 165, but 115 felt heavy as shit) and I did 95x5 on the close grip bench press (previous best was 145)

I'm sure my strength will get back there again, but right now I feel like a beginner again lol throwing around these poundages... all being said, fuck the numbers, I'm just glad I'm back here again, I'm bulking and looking forward to some serious muscle gains... strength will get back there and even higher, I promise it

No worries simpleguy, the important thing is that you are back in a gym! I'm sure soon enough you'll be destroying all of your previous bests. I'm looking forward to seeing how you advance!

simpleguy
08-21-08, 1:24 pm
No worries simpleguy, the important thing is that you are back in a gym! I'm sure soon enough you'll be destroying all of your previous bests. I'm looking forward to seeing how you advance!

thanks bro, felt good to be training there again, I got a great pump and I can already feel my chest is gonna be sore by tomorrow

dyskee
08-22-08, 7:47 am
hey man nice start (no pun) , u know that we have kinda the same body , me and u we don't metabolize carbs effeciently , so y don't u try an upper lower split , i found the best way to do it was to train upper lower split or a full body one. if u want to i can hook u up with some ebooks just hit me a pm with ur email.

simpleguy
08-22-08, 3:52 pm
hey man nice start (no pun) , u know that we have kinda the same body , me and u we don't metabolize carbs effeciently , so y don't u try an upper lower split , i found the best way to do it was to train upper lower split or a full body one. if u want to i can hook u up with some ebooks just hit me a pm with ur email.

thanks bro... right now I'm gonna start a new routine starting on monday, but I will consider the upper lower split as well in the future

simpleguy
08-22-08, 4:16 pm
hit back and bis today... again I am left sore as hell by these general workouts with just a few sets... starting with next week I'm gonna try and log my workouts in a more serious way, take some notes so I can have something to write in this log haha

diet's been in check for the last days, though today I had 2 slices of pizza (got hungry from all the workouts lol)... I enjoyed it really

gymEvo
08-22-08, 4:26 pm
what are the benefits of vanadyl sulfate and chromium picolinate ?

WeeMan
08-22-08, 5:01 pm
hit back and bis today... again I am left sore as hell by these general workouts with just a few sets... starting with next week I'm gonna try and log my workouts in a more serious way, take some notes so I can have something to write in this log haha

diet's been in check for the last days, though today I had 2 slices of pizza (got hungry from all the workouts lol)... I enjoyed it really

deffinatly enjoy it man, and get it all down ya!
no offense but if i was you i would increase your calories a hundred fold.
today for breakfast i had 6 wheetabix and a full scottish breakfast (scrambled eggs, beans, haggis, black pudding, potato scone, sausage and white roll) and a can of coca-cola.
heres a website i find useful for keeping an eye on my calories, protein, carbs etc..
www.thedailyplate.com

simpleguy
08-23-08, 1:07 am
what are the benefits of vanadyl sulfate and chromium picolinate ?

chromium - I'd prefer polynicotinate but I can't find it here in Romania, so picolinate will work for now; chromium is a co-factor to insulin... works kinda hand in hand with it you know? it enhances it's effect making it work more efficiently

vanadyl sulfate moves blood sugar on its own, without the need for insulin - thus the insulin released will be lower...

both of these help with improving the uptake of glucose

deffinatly enjoy it man, and get it all down ya!
no offense but if i was you i would increase your calories a hundred fold.
today for breakfast i had 6 wheetabix and a full scottish breakfast (scrambled eggs, beans, haggis, black pudding, potato scone, sausage and white roll) and a can of coca-cola.
heres a website i find useful for keeping an eye on my calories, protein, carbs etc..
www.thedailyplate.com

thanks bro... I use a website myself... right now I'm not planning on increasing my calories, I'm taking it slowly

here's a few pics of me (they're a bit dark) in april after 5 months of 'eating like an animal':

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/seby2709/DSC00785.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/seby2709/DSC00786.jpg

after having busted my ass for 18 weeks cutting, I know for sure I definitely don't wanna get there again, you know?

Carpe Diem P.T
08-23-08, 1:56 am
I have been following your progress for quite sometime and I will be honest, your progress is coming along VERY slowly. I think you need to see a professional that can manipulate everything to your professional needs.

From your pics i can only assume you were on a dirty bulk. You appear to be putting in 100% effort but only acheiving about 20% benefit. If i were you I would start taking other peoples advice and whatever you are doing, do the opposite.

simpleguy
08-23-08, 6:15 am
I have been following your progress for quite sometime and I will be honest, your progress is coming along VERY slowly. I think you need to see a professional that can manipulate everything to your professional needs.

From your pics i can only assume you were on a dirty bulk. You appear to be putting in 100% effort but only acheiving about 20% benefit. If i were you I would start taking other peoples advice and whatever you are doing, do the opposite.

I guess having lost about 50lb of lard in the last 18 weeks, getting from this point in april:

to this one last week:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/seby2709/DSC00986.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/seby2709/DSC00992.jpg

is something very weak... probably others do it better, that's only the best I could do it... thanks for your advice

simpleguy
08-23-08, 6:59 am
felt damn good to be training legs in my old gym... will probably have to wait a few weeks till my strength gets up again, but today I was just focusing on good form and getting a good burn... short and simple session, but I could barely move my legs after

squats 45x8, 115x8, 135x8, 155x4, 175x2

leg press 365x8, 320x12, 295x20

J Wong
08-23-08, 9:11 am

Are you serious? He just came off of one of the most successful cuts I have seen here on the forum.

basketcase
08-23-08, 12:26 pm
I hadn't seen the latest pics...DAMN! Props to Simpleguy! Last pics I had seen you were carrying a little weight around the mid section....I thought it was weird you were now bulking...shit if I was that lean, I'd eat everyone out of house and home.

Good luck!!

Redline19
08-23-08, 2:55 pm
SG undoubtedly had a good cut BUT in my opinion he also made zero progress in putting on some muscle

simpleguy
08-23-08, 2:56 pm
Are you serious? He just came off of one of the most successful cuts I have seen here on the forum.

ok let's not overappreciate lol... it was good, but I gotta stay focused on this bulk, and keep fat gains to a minimum

I hadn't seen the latest pics...DAMN! Props to Simpleguy! Last pics I had seen you were carrying a little weight around the mid section....I thought it was weird you were now bulking...shit if I was that lean, I'd eat everyone out of house and home.
Good luck!!

I had posted them in my previous log a week ago or so... I can't eat everything bro, it would only get me back to where I was a while back

It's fun reading everyday on this board 90% of the people's approach to diet is just eating loads of food... yeah some of them talk about clean foods, but still eating them in big amount will only lead to quick fat gains... I learned that on my own
then again, genetics differ, I'm far from being a hardgainer, so my approach has to be different

J Wong
08-23-08, 3:14 pm
Not overappreciating, your transformation was one of the best that I have seen on here. 50 lbs is no joke. How is the bulk going? Scale change at all because of water and glycogen? Strength up at all?

simpleguy
08-23-08, 3:19 pm
Not overappreciating, your transformation was one of the best that I have seen on here. 50 lbs is no joke. How is the bulk going? Scale change at all because of water and glycogen? Strength up at all?

10-12lb off the bat in the first 2-3 days (filled up on glycogen and water)... then stayed the same... only had 3 training sessions in my bulk so far, too early to say on strength... it is still low, and I'm waiting for my numbers to get where they were... then I can think of prs

J Wong
08-23-08, 3:31 pm
10-12lb off the bat in the first 2-3 days (filled up on glycogen and water)... then stayed the same... only had 3 training sessions in my bulk so far, too early to say on strength... it is still low, and I'm waiting for my numbers to get where they were... then I can think of prs

Sounds like a plan!

pmug0000
08-23-08, 3:33 pm
I guess having lost about 50lb of lard in the last 18 weeks, getting from this point in april:

to this one last week:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/seby2709/DSC00986.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/seby2709/DSC00992.jpg

is something very weak... probably others do it better, that's only the best I could do it... thanks for your advice

Simpleguy that is one hell of a transformation, the only thing that looks the same is the face. Having done that in 18 weeks you should be very proud!
You've been getting a lot of advice lately but the only person that you need to listen to is yourself. Learn from your mistakes, keep busting your ass and it will all pay off!

Carpe Diem P.T
08-23-08, 9:38 pm
you lost weight indeed but in the first lot of pics you are letting it all hang out but in the 2nd lot of pics you are breathing in that hard you were about to pass out.

I honestly think you had more to work with in your first lot of pics. I dont think you needed to lose 50lbs. good work on losing weight. its never easy. I think you went too far though. if you had of done it slowly and properly you wouldnt have lost lean muscle.

WeeMan
08-23-08, 9:40 pm
chromium - I'd prefer polynicotinate but I can't find it here in Romania, so picolinate will work for now; chromium is a co-factor to insulin... works kinda hand in hand with it you know? it enhances it's effect making it work more efficiently

vanadyl sulfate moves blood sugar on its own, without the need for insulin - thus the insulin released will be lower...

both of these help with improving the uptake of glucose

u know what im hearing....im hearing the sound of money down the drain!
you need; FOOD, weight gainer, multi vitamin, and MAYBE glutamine and zma- but thats at a push!

Carpe Diem P.T
08-23-08, 10:23 pm
i agree with weeman. you are doing a good job but just focus on the basics. you are making it very complicated for yourself.

simpleguy
08-24-08, 3:49 am
Simpleguy that is one hell of a transformation, the only thing that looks the same is the face. Having done that in 18 weeks you should be very proud!
You've been getting a lot of advice lately but the only person that you need to listen to is yourself. Learn from your mistakes, keep busting your ass and it will all pay off!

thanks bro... truly appreciated

Pizzalamp
08-24-08, 11:50 am
u def deserve to be proud
excellent job in the pic
u look so so much leaner!

simpleguy
08-24-08, 5:49 pm
u def deserve to be proud
excellent job in the pic
u look so so much leaner!

thanks for your support Grant

rob_in_korea
08-26-08, 7:42 pm
Good luck on this bulk simpleguy. I am sure your strength gains will return quickly.

-Rob

ChandlerXJ
08-27-08, 11:27 am
keep it going big guy... when does school start for you over there in romania? how old are you man?

simpleguy
08-27-08, 1:12 pm
Good luck on this bulk simpleguy. I am sure your strength gains will return quickly.

-Rob

thanks, I hope so

keep it going big guy... when does school start for you over there in romania? how old are you man?

sup Chandler... school starts on september 15th... I'm gonna turn 18 in a month bro

simpleguy
08-27-08, 1:20 pm
I have to be honest and say I've had a few unscheduled cheats these last days... I know I've said it many times, but there's something about my gym that I love... just the rusty weights around make me sore lol

so the thing is going hard again really got my body beat up so I ate a bit more to help with recovery... but it will come to a hault, as soon as I plan out my diet and supp regimen in detail

I'm currently hitting the gym 5 days a week

Monday-arms, abs
Tuesday-delts, light chest*
Wednesday-back, calves, abs
Thursday-off
Friday-Chest, light bis*
Saturday-legs
Sunday-off

cardio will be done once a week, mainly for heart health/conditioning purposes, so the intensity will be at least moderate

*as I said at the start of this log, I'm really trying to bring up my chest and arms... I've done the once a week thing and I am thinking of trying to hit them 2 times per week... a regular, heavy session, and the 'light' thing means I'm only gonna do a few sets (2-6) usually with higher reps (10-15)... this is only optional, if I feel I am recovered completely...
my tris get sore pretty easy (even by training chest/delts) so once a week should be plenty...

simpleguy
08-27-08, 1:25 pm
seated military press 65x10, 78x8, 105x5, 115x2, 65x10

seated db press 35's x7, 35x6, 30x8

db lateral side raises 15's x10, 15x10, 10x15

flat db press 35's x12, 35x8, 30x15

though I'm not quite where I used to be in my bulk, I def feel stronger then on my cut... looking forward to some progress

pmug0000
08-27-08, 1:35 pm
Looking good simpleguy. I like your plan to bring up the chest and arms, but consider hitting chest hard twice a week. I'm also trying to bring up my chest, and for the past couple weeks I've been hitting chest super hard twice a week and my strength has gone up each session. I think it's working wonders for me.

One day I do:
Flat Bench Press sets of 12-15, 8-10, 5-6, 2-3, 1
Incline Dumbbell Press sets of 12-15, 10-12, 6-8, 3-5
Dips sets of 20, 8-12, 3-6

And the other day:
Incline Bench Press sets of 12-15, 8-10, 5-6, 2-3, 1
Flat Dumbbell Press sets of 12-15, 10-12, 6-8, 3-5
Cable Cross-unders (or cross-overs or flyes) sets of 20, 15, 12, 8, 20

I think it is worthless to have a light day - that will not make you grow. Hit it hard and heavy both days, just switch the exercises you do.

simpleguy
08-27-08, 2:30 pm
Looking good simpleguy. I like your plan to bring up the chest and arms, but consider hitting chest hard twice a week. I'm also trying to bring up my chest, and for the past couple weeks I've been hitting chest super hard twice a week and my strength has gone up each session. I think it's working wonders for me.

One day I do:
Flat Bench Press sets of 12-15, 8-10, 5-6, 2-3, 1
Incline Dumbbell Press sets of 12-15, 10-12, 6-8, 3-5
Dips sets of 20, 8-12, 3-6

And the other day:
Incline Bench Press sets of 12-15, 8-10, 5-6, 2-3, 1
Flat Dumbbell Press sets of 12-15, 10-12, 6-8, 3-5
Cable Cross-unders (or cross-overs or flyes) sets of 20, 15, 12, 8, 20

I think it is worthless to have a light day - that will not make you grow. Hit it hard and heavy both days, just switch the exercises you do.

bro, you must be reading my thoughts, this is kinda what I had in mind (incline barbell, flat db one session, flat barbell and incline db the other)...

only thing is, I'm still trying to figure out how I respond now... what I mean is, I trained chest heavy on thursday and it was still slightly sore on tuesday... so it's pointless to train when sore imo - b/c it hasn't recovered... that's why it's optional for me... thanks for your advice, will def take it into account

J Wong
08-27-08, 3:04 pm
Good to see your strength is going back up. You have me considering hitting chest after I do delts now for about 8 sets.

simpleguy
08-27-08, 3:07 pm
Good to see your strength is going back up. You have me considering hitting chest after I do delts now for about 8 sets.

thanks bro... slowly working my way back... I think 2 sessions per week is cool as long as you recover

simpleguy
08-27-08, 3:14 pm
here's today's workout

deadlifts 115x7, 155x4, 175x2, 155x4

T-bar rows (not counting bar weight) 45x10, 90x6, 115x2

barbell shrugs 115x12, 135x10, 135x8

dumbbell pullovers 40x6 + 5 (rest paused)

cable pulldowns, 2 sets x 10-12 reps

standing calf raises, 2 sets x 15-20 reps

leg press calf raises, 2 sets x 20 reps

3 sets decline crunches

J Wong
08-27-08, 3:22 pm
here's today's workout

deadlifts 115x7, 155x4, 175x2, 155x4

T-bar rows (not counting bar weight) 45x10, 90x6, 115x2

barbell shrugs 115x12, 135x10, 135x8

dumbbell pullovers 40x6 + 5 (rest paused)

cable pulldowns, 2 sets x 10-12 reps

standing calf raises, 2 sets x 15-20 reps

leg press calf raises, 2 sets x 20 reps

3 sets decline crunches

Nice man! Deads and T Bars are the best.

simpleguy
08-29-08, 3:45 pm
Flat barbell bench 45x10, 95x10, 115x5, 135x2, 115x6

Incline db press 40's x10, 40's x8, 35's x14

pec deck, 2 sets x 12 - 20 reps

2 sets standing ez bar curls, 60lb x 8-10 reps

2 sets alt db hammer curls, 6-8 reps

2 sets low-pulley cable curls, 10-15 reps

Nice man! Deads and T Bars are the best.

thanks boom... they sure are, I usually stick to barbell rows though, and do T-bar rows just to switch things up

J Wong
08-29-08, 4:44 pm
Good job bro. Hit that chest!

pmug0000
08-29-08, 6:37 pm
Nice job with chest and bi's simpleguy the workout looked very solid.

simpleguy
08-30-08, 6:37 am
Good job bro. Hit that chest!

Nice job with chest and bi's simpleguy the workout looked very solid.

thanks guys

simpleguy
08-30-08, 6:38 am
Squats 45x8, 115x8, 145x5, 165x3, (rested 3-4 min) 165x5, 115x12

Hack squats (not counting sled weight) 90x8, 130x6, 90x10

Leg press 400x8, 365x12, 345x15

Leg extensions, 3 sets x 10-15 reps, pausing for 1 sec at the top

called it a day...

WeeMan
08-30-08, 8:03 am
Squats 45x8, 115x8, 145x5, 165x3, (rested 3-4 min) 165x5, 115x12

Hack squats (not counting sled weight) 90x8, 130x6, 90x10

Leg press 400x8, 365x12, 345x15

Leg extensions, 3 sets x 10-15 reps, pausing for 1 sec at the top

called it a day...

good routine, only thing i would say is use leg extensions for a warm up before squats, because squats are a multi joint movement it is better to have ur joints as well as you muscles properly warmed up first.

where are the hammies?

pmug0000
08-30-08, 11:11 am
Nice job with legs simpleguy that's a solid routine. Those 1 sec pauses really add some extra pain to the leg extensions good work!

simpleguy
08-30-08, 1:05 pm
good routine, only thing i would say is use leg extensions for a warm up before squats, because squats are a multi joint movement it is better to have ur joints as well as you muscles properly warmed up first.

where are the hammies?

I sometimes do start with leg extensions, but I also like it as my last exercise because it gives me a good burn... even when starting with squats, I always warm-up on the bike, do a few light sets and so on

hammies? my stance on squats is always somewhat wide... also on the leg press I keep my feet rather at the upper top which really hits the hams and glutes

Nice job with legs simpleguy that's a solid routine. Those 1 sec pauses really add some extra pain to the leg extensions good work!

thanks bro... I didn't even count but it was actually 2-3 secs lol

simpleguy
08-30-08, 1:12 pm
yesterday got my torrent and I had it today after having trained legs... always good to get that refreshing feeling after a workout... and I love the taste

Current supps:

pak - with breakfast or lunch
ultra whey pro - throughout the day with my meals
storm - pre w/o and intra w/o
eaas (don't have eaa stack here so it's a regular eaa product) - 5g intra w/o with storm
torrent - post w/o

200mcg chromium and 10mg vanadyl - with 2 of my meals

Pizzalamp
08-31-08, 9:56 am
solid leg day bro!
and your supps look good too
mmm torrent

simpleguy
08-31-08, 10:09 am
solid leg day bro!
and your supps look good too
mmm torrent

thanks bro... mmm Torrent is my candy lol

simpleguy
08-31-08, 12:10 pm
here are my meals for today:

Meal 1: 100g oats, 1 1/2 scoops ultra whey pro, 1 cup skim milk
Meal 2: 75g oats, 1 1/2 scoops ultra whey pro, 1 cup skim milk
Meal 3: 1 cup rice, 1 can of tuna, veggies
Meal 4: 1 cup rice, 1 can of tuna, veggies
Meal 5: 4 whole eggs, 6 oz frozen veggies, 6 uni-liver
Meal 6: 40g whey/milk/cassein protein mix, 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil

simpleguy
09-01-08, 7:59 am
close grip bench press 45x10, 65x10, 95x6, 115x3

skull crushers, 4 sets x 5-8 reps with 60-70lb

cable pushdowns, 4 sets x 10-12 reps

barbell curls 65x7, 65x6, 75x3, 65x7

reverse grip ez bar preacher curls, 2 sets x 7-8 reps

G Diesel's 'RUN THE RACK': standing alt db curls 30's x6 DROP to 25's x6 DROP to 20's x6 DROP to 15's x8 DROP to 10's x7

db isolation curls, 2 sets x failure using 20lb

50 reps for abs

Torrent post w/o...

pmug0000
09-01-08, 10:19 am
Good workout simpleguy. Running the rack fucking fries the bi's.

I've got a question about the diet though - why so much protein powder? Is it a money thing? And I guess same question for the tuna and rice. I think beef and sweet potatoes are perfect for a clean a bulk I highly recommend making at least one (preferably more) meals from it. Or have you tried that before and it doesn't work well for you?

simpleguy
09-01-08, 3:14 pm
Good workout simpleguy. Running the rack fucking fries the bi's.

I've got a question about the diet though - why so much protein powder? Is it a money thing? And I guess same question for the tuna and rice. I think beef and sweet potatoes are perfect for a clean a bulk I highly recommend making at least one (preferably more) meals from it. Or have you tried that before and it doesn't work well for you?

thanks bro, my bis were really dead lol

so much? it's 3 meals out of 6... plus it's not only a shake (technically I'm having a whole food since oats are solid)... it's a bit more convenient for me, plus I'm on a pretty tight budget

beef and potatoes... had it today 2 times and will have it tomorrow as well... great bulking food... unfortunately due to my budget i only have it 2-3 days a week... it's mostly rice and tuna for me, since tuna is by faaaaaaaarrr the cheapest protein source here...

beef is very expensive here, much more expensive then chicken breast even... chicken is good as well, but since I recently ended my cut, having eaten chicken breast 3 times a day for 18 weeks, I'm sick of it

pmug0000
09-01-08, 4:46 pm
thanks bro, my bis were really dead lol

so much? it's 3 meals out of 6... plus it's not only a shake (technically I'm having a whole food since oats are solid)... it's a bit more convenient for me, plus I'm on a pretty tight budget

beef and potatoes... had it today 2 times and will have it tomorrow as well... great bulking food... unfortunately due to my budget i only have it 2-3 days a week... it's mostly rice and tuna for me, since tuna is by faaaaaaaarrr the cheapest protein source here...

beef is very expensive here, much more expensive then chicken breast even... chicken is good as well, but since I recently ended my cut, having eaten chicken breast 3 times a day for 18 weeks, I'm sick of it

I see.

Pizzalamp
09-01-08, 8:31 pm
close grip bench press 45x10, 65x10, 95x6, 115x3

skull crushers, 4 sets x 5-8 reps with 60-70lb

cable pushdowns, 4 sets x 10-12 reps

barbell curls 65x7, 65x6, 75x3, 65x7

reverse grip ez bar preacher curls, 2 sets x 7-8 reps

G Diesel's 'RUN THE RACK': standing alt db curls 30's x6 DROP to 25's x6 DROP to 20's x6 DROP to 15's x8 DROP to 10's x7

db isolation curls, 2 sets x failure using 20lb

50 reps for abs

Torrent post w/o...
and thats how u do arms kids...and im digging totally the running the rack!

simpleguy
09-02-08, 4:49 am
and thats how u do arms kids...and im digging totally the running the rack!

thanks Grant... it was pretty cool, got a great pump

simpleguy
09-02-08, 4:55 am
since I'm hitting chest twice a week, I'm trying to keep a low volume... here's the workout

Incline barbell bench 45x8, 95x7, 105x7, 115x5, 125x2 (got a bit of help on the 2nd rep), 105x9

Db shrugs 30's x12, 40's x10, 45's x8

Bent-over db side lateral raises 10's x10, 15's x10, 10's x10

Alt db front raises 15's x8, 15's x8, 15's x7

Standing db side lateral raises 20's x8, 15's x10, 15's x12

pmug0000
09-02-08, 10:12 am
Good work today simpleguy! Nice incline pressing, forced reps are a great way to really pound your chest hard.

simpleguy
09-02-08, 2:37 pm
Good work today simpleguy! Nice incline pressing, forced reps are a great way to really pound your chest hard.

thanks bro, they are indeed

simpleguy
09-04-08, 7:37 am
Bent-over barbell rows 45x10, 95x10, 115x7, 125x5

Bent-over dumbbell rows 40x10, 55x6, 45x8, 40x12

Cable face pulls, 3 sets x 8-10 reps

Seated cable rows, 3 sets x 10-12 reps

Standing calf raises, warm-ups then 2 sets of 35-40 reps, rest-paused

60 reps for abs

yesterday went to the countryside to visit my grandparents... had a great time, played some basketball, also had some pancakes and barbecues... carried some protein powder with me... calves are very sore... chest tomorrow

pmug0000
09-04-08, 10:12 am
Good job with those rows simpleguy great workout!

sly06
09-04-08, 11:08 am
Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile, but seems your bulking diet is going really well and strength is coming up. Keep it up SG!

simpleguy
09-04-08, 3:02 pm
Good job with those rows simpleguy great workout!

Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile, but seems your bulking diet is going really well and strength is coming up. Keep it up SG!

thanks guys

simpleguy
09-05-08, 6:06 am
had an awesome workout today... my chest and biceps were pumped big time, and strength is slowly getting back again

Flat bench 45x10, 95x10, 115x5, 135x5, 145x2, 115x9

Incline db press 45's x4 (got a bit of help), 40's x8, 35's x8

Cable crossovers, 2 sets x 12-15 reps

Low-pulley cable curls, 3 sets x 8-12 reps

Barbell curls 75x7, 75x7, 65x8

Seated alt db curls 20's x9, 20's x10 dropset to 15's x6

finished with 1 set of single arm cable curl

dyskee
09-05-08, 8:12 am
great man , pumps are alot better than with keto, right?

pmug0000
09-05-08, 10:18 am
Great workout simpleguy it looks like your numbers are already starting go up! Your choices of exercises and the rep ranges all look solid too.

simpleguy
09-05-08, 12:24 pm
great man , pumps are alot better than with keto, right?

definitely, but I'm on creatine and NO, which I wasn't on the keto...

Great workout simpleguy it looks like your numbers are already starting go up! Your choices of exercises and the rep ranges all look solid too.

thanks bro, had a great pump, felt focused, can't wait for tomorrow's leg workout

simpleguy
09-06-08, 5:52 am
tried to keep it simple today, workout was mostly - squats, and then a bit of hammies... the stance was rather wide, because I feel it works my quads as well, and it also involves more work form the hams and glutes

Squats 45x8, 115x8, 145x6, 175x3, 205x3 (got a bit of help on the last one), 175x6, 155x9, 115x20

Stiff-leg deads, 2 sets of 6-8 reps with 115

Lying leg curls, 2 sets x 8-12 reps

pmug0000
09-06-08, 12:18 pm
tried to keep it simple today, workout was mostly - squats, and then a bit of hammies... the stance was rather wide, because I feel it works my quads as well, and it also involves more work form the hams and glutes

Squats 45x8, 115x8, 145x6, 175x3, 205x3 (got a bit of help on the last one), 175x6, 155x9, 115x20

Stiff-leg deads, 2 sets of 6-8 reps with 115

Lying leg curls, 2 sets x 8-12 reps

Awesome squats simpleguy I like the 20 rep set at the end I know that was painful!

simpleguy
09-07-08, 2:53 am
Awesome squats simpleguy I like the 20 rep set at the end I know that was painful!

feeling it today haha

rob_in_korea
09-07-08, 2:57 am
Great workouts simpleguy. It seem like your strength is coming back quickly.

-Rob

simpleguy
09-08-08, 6:14 am
Great workouts simpleguy. It seem like your strength is coming back quickly.

-Rob

thanks Rob, not so quick, but slowly getting back

simpleguy
09-08-08, 6:20 am
today was a superset day, almost flew from one exercise to another... didn't stop to take notes, so I don't know exactly the weights and reps, but here's kinda what I did

3 sets overhead cable extensions, 8-10 reps

SUPERSET with

3 sets one arm cable curls, 8-10 reps

4 sets ez bar skull crushers, 4-8 reps

SUPERSET with

4 sets barbell curls, 4-8 reps

3 sets cable pushdowns, 8-12 reps

SUPERSET with

3 sets standing cable curls, 8-12 reps

2 sets db kickbacks, 7-10 reps

SUPERSET with

2 sets db preacher curls, 9-12 reps

1 set 21s

70 reps for abs

pmug0000
09-08-08, 10:15 am
Supersets definitely add some intensity to the workout great job simpleguy!

simpleguy
09-09-08, 6:59 am
Supersets definitely add some intensity to the workout great job simpleguy!

thanks bro, my arms were pumped big time

simpleguy
09-09-08, 7:03 am
seated military press 35x10, 85x9, 105x6, 115x4, 125x2, 105x8

barbell shrugs, 3 sets of 8-12 reps with 135

seated db press 40's x6, 35'sx8, 35's x7

standing calf raises, 3 sets x 25 reps, rest paused

pmug0000
09-09-08, 10:18 am
Strong pressing simpleguy good work!

simpleguy
09-10-08, 4:23 am
Strong pressing simpleguy good work!

thanks bro...

yesterday night went to play soccer with some friends... possibly the lousiest game I've had ever... don't know what was wrong, but just wasn't feeling it... it's all good though, we had a good time nevertheless, we do it for fun

my traps, calves, and delts are sore as hell...

will have some pancakes later on for my cheat meal

current stack:

pak
ultra whey pro
pre-workout supp
storm
eaas
torrent

pmug0000
09-10-08, 11:38 am
Very solid stack simpleguy. Enjoy those pancakes!

simpleguy
09-10-08, 2:30 pm
Very solid stack simpleguy. Enjoy those pancakes!

thanks bro, sure did

simpleguy
09-10-08, 2:31 pm
Deadlifts 45x5, 135x5, 165x3, 205x2, 215x1

T-bar Rows (not counting bar weight) 90x7, 115x6, 90x10, 90x9

cable pulldowns, 3 sets x 10-12 reps

80 reps for abs

pmug0000
09-10-08, 4:00 pm
Deadlifts 45x5, 135x5, 165x3, 205x2, 215x1

T-bar Rows (not counting bar weight) 90x7, 115x6, 90x10, 90x9

cable pulldowns, 3 sets x 10-12 reps

80 reps for abs

Good back workout simpleguy! Deads and T-bars are two of my favorite exercises they're great for building mass, keep it up!

sly06
09-10-08, 5:24 pm
SG WHOOPIN SOME ASS!! I haven't been on lately but you are laying it down. How are the gains coming?

Roland
09-10-08, 8:12 pm
You r kicking ass bro, as always.

simpleguy
09-11-08, 2:22 am
Good back workout simpleguy! Deads and T-bars are two of my favorite exercises they're great for building mass, keep it up!

thanks bro, I like them as well

SG WHOOPIN SOME ASS!! I haven't been on lately but you are laying it down. How are the gains coming?

sup bro... weight-wise, my weight bumped a good 15 pounds or so in the first week after keto (7-8lb in the first day)... of course it was mostly water retention... but generally I'm feeling ok, workouts are good, I'm feeling pretty strong, so... I guess it's good lol

You r kicking ass bro, as always.

thanks for the support Roland

simpleguy
09-11-08, 2:24 am
Today's diet:

wake up: 1 large banana, 40g whey, 1 cup of skim milk, 2 tbsp pb

Meal 2: 100g oats, 40g whey, 1 cup of skim milk

Meal 3: brown rice, can of tuna, veggies

Meal 4: same as 3

Meal 5: 4 whole omega-3 eggs, 6 uni-liver

Meal 6: 40g whey, 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil

simpleguy
09-12-08, 6:27 am
Flat bench 45x10, 95x10, 115x7, 135x3 (my speed was terrible, just didn't feel like doing more today)

Incline db press 40's x7, 45's x5 (finally 45's, first time in last 3 months), 45's x6, 40's x11

Incline db flies, 2 sets x 10-12 reps

standing alt db curls, 3 sets x 6-8 reps

barbell curls, 3 sets x 5 reps with 80lb

Incline db hammer curls, 25's x 8 drop to 20's x7 drop to 15's x 8

1 set db isolation curls

called it a day... got a good pump

pmug0000
09-12-08, 10:18 am
Good job simpleguy looks like you beat the hell out of your bi's, nice incline curl dropset!

simpleguy
09-12-08, 2:57 pm
Good job simpleguy looks like you beat the hell out of your bi's, nice incline curl dropset!

thanks bro, dropsets are cool every once in a while

Roland
09-13-08, 1:32 am
Goood job bro, you are kicking ass...how is the weather back home??

simpleguy
09-13-08, 1:39 am
Goood job bro, you are kicking ass...how is the weather back home??

sup Roland... weather is ... oh well, not constant

till two days ago, it was really hot, then the temperature suddenly dropped some good degrees, and it started raining... but they said at the forecast it's gonna be pretty warm the whole month, though I can't really trust them completely haha

simpleguy
09-13-08, 6:35 am
here's what I've been having lately mid-workout... since it will take some time till intra-aid hits the shelves here, I must make my own

SG's workout drink: 1 scoop cherry torrent, 10g dextrose, 6g EAAs (similar product to eaa stack), 1 serving storm... to be served extra-cold (I mix ice-cubes with it)

today's workout was a pretty good one, my legs were toast afterwards

Squats, pretty wide stance 45x8, 105x8, 135x8, 175x3, 205x2, 225x0, 215x1, 175x7, 145x12

db lunges, 2 sets x 8-10 reps each leg

leg extensions, all paused at the top for several seconds 95x7, 80x8, 80x7 dropset to 65x5 dropset to 50x10

hyperextensions, 3 sets x 15-25 reps

had my intra-workout drink after the squats and 2 heaping scoops of Torrent post w/o

pmug0000
09-13-08, 11:49 am
Great workout pausing at the top of leg extensions really adds some pain good job! Your intra-workout drink looks solid too.

simpleguy
09-15-08, 11:01 am
Sick workout today, definitely one of the best in recent time... focused on perfect (and I mean it) form today, so weights were a bit lighter but it was def worth it, my arms felt like they were gonna explode

warmed up with 2 sets of overhead cable ext and one-arm cable curls, get the blood flowing

Close grip bench press supersetted with barbell curls 95x9/55x12; 115x5/55x10; 95x10/65x9; 95x8/65x8

4 Circuits of overhead db extensions, incline alt db curl, cable pushdowns and cable curls

80 reps for abs

gym was crowded today, everybody and his mother was doing chest... also, rare thing in my gym, there were a group of girls today who were talking more then exercising... shit, actually everybody was talking too much... def got a few looks when going from one exercise to the other in those circuits... some of the girls were freaked out actually, cause I had to grunt once to get an extra rep, I was soaked and I'm not the kind of pretty-hair boy they came to see lol

I'm becoming more and more keen on serious intra-workout supplementation... today my intra w/o concoction was: 2 scoops of torrent, 6 g eaas, 1 serving storm... post w/o had 30g dextrose and 40g whey

Great workout pausing at the top of leg extensions really adds some pain good job! Your intra-workout drink looks solid too.

thanks bro, my legs were in massive pain... the intra w/o drink is really helping me a lot with recovery

J Wong
09-15-08, 11:05 am
Looks like a solid workout man. Crowded gyms suck, especially if they aren't the right type of people you like to see in the gym.

simpleguy
09-15-08, 11:47 am
Looks like a solid workout man. Crowded gyms suck, especially if they aren't the right type of people you like to see in the gym.

thanks boom... they do, but not today... I went in there like I got a mission, I didn't really give a shit about the looks I got... anyway it's hard to describe in words but the workout felt great... took less then 45 mins

WeeMan
09-15-08, 3:51 pm
gym was crowded today, everybody and his mother was doing chest... also, rare thing in my gym, there were a group of girls today who were talking more then exercising... shit, actually everybody was talking too much...

hate that shit

pmug0000
09-15-08, 3:54 pm
Awesome job sg way to incorporate supersets and circuits in there!!

simpleguy
09-16-08, 7:05 am
hate that shit

just more fuel to light the fuse lol

Awesome job sg way to incorporate supersets and circuits in there!!

thanks bro, it was one of the best workouts I've had lately

simpleguy
09-16-08, 11:46 am
as I was telling you, last chest workout my speed on the flat bench completely, utterly sucked big time... hence why I was so weak... so today I started with some speed work then proceeded to hit delts and calves

DE flat bench, 8 sets of 3 reps using 75-105 lbs

seated military press 35x10, 65x8, 85x8, 105x6, 115x4, 135x0, 120x3

4 sets bb upright rows supersetted with db side laterals, 7-12 reps

standing calf raises, 5 sets to failure, 8-20 reps

seated calf raises, 2 sets to failure, 10-15 reps

intra w/o had 2 scoops torrent, 6g eaas and one serving of storm... post w/o had 40g whey and 25g dextrose

pmug0000
09-16-08, 5:18 pm
Good idea with the speed benching, and 120x3 on military's is great nice job!

simpleguy
09-17-08, 7:06 am
Good idea with the speed benching, and 120x3 on military's is great nice job!

thanks for the support bro

simpleguy
09-17-08, 2:15 pm
db pullovers 35x8, 40x8

underhand grip cable pulldowns superset with bent-over bb rows 75x10/95x10; 95x7/95x8; 95x7/95x7

bent-over db rows 35x10, 45x6, 45x7

db shrugs 35's x10, 40's x10

seated cable rows, wide grip 65x14, 75x10

T-bar rows 1 plate x14, 1 plate x13

80 reps for abs

all exercises were done focusing on the negative at least 4-5 secs with slow and controlled form

adidas
09-17-08, 2:28 pm
WOW bro nice log!!! and I liek what I see exercise wise...keep up the hard work man...I'm liking the SS's BTW!

simpleguy
09-17-08, 2:37 pm
WOW bro nice log!!! and I liek what I see exercise wise...keep up the hard work man...I'm liking the SS's BTW!

sup bro, good to have you joining the ride... thanks for the support... the SS was great, really got an awesome pump (it's harder to get a pumped back then a pumped arm)

as said, I did everything very slow and controlled and that helped a lot...

adidas
09-17-08, 2:57 pm
sup bro, good to have you joining the ride... thanks for the support... the SS was great, really got an awesome pump (it's harder to get a pumped back then a pumped arm)

as said, I did everything very slow and controlled and that helped a lot...

glad to be aboard...will be here for moral support and the occasional kick in the ass if needed ;)

simpleguy
09-17-08, 3:01 pm
glad to be aboard...will be here for moral support and the occasional kick in the ass if needed ;)

thanks... my moral is pretty good when bulking lol... latest workouts were good, just a bit stressed with school right now, money is tight and that's about it... my problems haha

pmug0000
09-17-08, 8:37 pm
Good workout simpleguy I like the pre-exhaust!!

simpleguy
09-18-08, 1:16 pm
Good workout simpleguy I like the pre-exhaust!!

thanks bro, my back was pretty pumped

rob_in_korea
09-18-08, 11:43 pm
Outstanding workouts simpleguy. Keep up the great work.

-Rob

simpleguy
09-19-08, 7:14 am
Outstanding workouts simpleguy. Keep up the great work.

-Rob

thanks Rob, just trying bro

simpleguy
09-19-08, 1:46 pm
had a shitty day... don't ask why... the fact that a week ago it was 95 degrees and today it was 40 by mid day might have a bit to do with it, I just hope I don't get a cold... drinking green tea and echinacea, so far I'm still safe and sane... anyway workout kinda sucked today

flat bench 45x10, 95x10, 115x7, 135x3, 145x1 (was so pissed off, moved to the incline bench just to see what I can)... my spotter had to curl big time to get 135 off my chest... def not in the mood for any more barbells so moved on to dbs

incline db press 35's x8, 40's x5, 45's x5, 40's x12 (this went good)

2 sets incline db flies supersetted with cable crossovers

standing ez bar curls 60x15, 80x6, 80x5, 80x5 drop to 70x4 drop to 60x6

2 sets db isolation curls

adidas
09-19-08, 1:56 pm
had a shitty day... don't ask why... the fact that a week ago it was 95 degrees and today it was 40 by mid day might have a bit to do with it, I just hope I don't get a cold... drinking green tea and echinacea, so far I'm still safe and sane... anyway workout kinda sucked today

flat bench 45x10, 95x10, 115x7, 135x3, 145x1 (was so pissed off, moved to the incline bench just to see what I can)... my spotter had to curl big time to get 135 off my chest... def not in the mood for any more barbells so moved on to dbs

incline db press 35's x8, 40's x5, 45's x5, 40's x12 (this went good)

2 sets incline db flies supersetted with cable crossovers

standing ez bar curls 60x15, 80x6, 80x5, 80x5 drop to 70x4 drop to 60x6

2 sets db isolation curls

I must have drawn too much Chi from the Animal pool today with my lifts...LOL
sorry to hear your lifts didn't go the way you wanted, but those lifts are still lookin' good. and next work out you'll come back stronger!

simpleguy
09-19-08, 2:26 pm
I must have drawn too much Chi from the Animal pool today with my lifts...LOL
sorry to hear your lifts didn't go the way you wanted, but those lifts are still lookin' good. and next work out you'll come back stronger!

LOL!!! you better make sure you come up with a shitty workout next time, more Chi for me haha... thx for the support

simpleguy
09-20-08, 7:23 am
pain is the name of the game today... had a great session... btw, all the compounds used (squat, leg presses, hack squats) are done focusing on the hams as well - rather wide feet stance, on the leg press and hacks feet somewhat high on the platform and so on... I feel this way I put more stress on the legs, since quads, hams and glutes are all used

so here's how it went:

warm-up 5 min on the bike

Squats

45x8
95x8
135x8
165x5
175x4
205x1
225x2 (fuck yeah, 2 reps was my best with 225)
235x0 - needed a slight touch, but almost got it
205x5 quick dropset to 135x12... got a great pump

Superset: leg press / hack squats(not counting sled weight on this): 375x10 / 90x10; 355x10 / 90x10; 325x15 / 70x15; 295x25 / 60x25... legs were toast

lying leg curls(slow, and controlled, focus on feeling the muscle working)

100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

streched between sets and at the tend

intra w/o had 3 scoops torrent, 6 g eaas, one serving storm... post w/o 30g dextrose, 45g whey

pmug0000
09-20-08, 11:25 am
Strong squatting simpleguy nice job with 225! And the leg press/ hack squat superset is awesome too it must've been hard to keep your Torrent down during that workout!

simpleguy
09-22-08, 7:20 am
Strong squatting simpleguy nice job with 225! And the leg press/ hack squat superset is awesome too it must've been hard to keep your Torrent down during that workout!

thanks bro, it was a great workout for me... usually I get along pretty well with the intra w/o drink... I usually sip on it a few times rather then just drink it all once

adidas
09-22-08, 8:09 am
SG nice work on those Sqts!

BTW do you do any GoodMornings or SLDL's? I have looked through your entire log, so forgive me if it is in here and I just haven't seen it.

simpleguy
09-22-08, 11:12 am
SG nice work on those Sqts!

BTW do you do any GoodMornings or SLDL's? I have looked through your entire log, so forgive me if it is in here and I just haven't seen it.

thanks bro... I'm gonna be honest, I tried good mornings once and I felt totally uncomfortable doing it, like didn't really feel any muscle working just the tendency of the barbell rolling over my neck... I might give it a go again in the near future...

I do sl deads, like every once in 2-3 weeks... I very rarely do an exercise for 2 weeks in a row (except maybe squats)... this applies to just about every bodypart... I feel this works best for me

Lunatic001
09-22-08, 11:14 am
Leg training at it's best bro...keep up the good work and make sure to walk straight!....

Lunatic

simpleguy
09-22-08, 11:18 am
pretty good workout today, good pump, kept good form on everything...

warmed up with some cable movements

close grip bench press 65x10, 105x8, 115x4, 105x8

barbell curls 65x10, 65x9, 80x6, 90x3

skull crushers supersetted with alt db hammer curls 60x7 / 30's x8; 70x6 / 30's x8; 60x12 / 30's x7

cable pushdowns supersetted with low-pulley cable curls 45x5 / 35x8; 35x9 / 35x9; 35x9 / 35x8 drop to 25x5

80 reps for abs

simpleguy
09-22-08, 11:20 am
Leg training at it's best bro...keep up the good work and make sure to walk straight!....

Lunatic

thanks bro... actually I recovered pretty quickly (ate big during the weekend)... still slightly sore, but can def walk with no problems

adidas
09-22-08, 2:03 pm
It appears you robbed me of my Chi today!!! LOL

nice work on them arms bro! keep it up

sly06
09-22-08, 3:10 pm
SG!!!! You are doing very well. Awesome leg day bro.

simpleguy
09-22-08, 3:26 pm
It appears you robbed me of my Chi today!!! LOL

nice work on them arms bro! keep it up

lol, we gotta do something with that... I'm gonna have my good workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday... you take the other 3 and let's leave Sunday off... sound good? LOL

SG!!!! You are doing very well. Awesome leg day bro.

thanks sly, was pretty good

btw just watched bigger stronger faster and it was def one of the best movies ever if not the best...

Pizzalamp
09-22-08, 7:33 pm
what a great leg blast bro!!! job well done!

simpleguy
09-23-08, 7:48 am
what a great leg blast bro!!! job well done!

thanks Grant

LittleMan55
09-23-08, 8:57 am
I cant believe I missed this journey... Things look solid! Keep working hard SG!

pmug0000
09-23-08, 10:34 am
Great job with arms those supersets will pump 'em up like balloons!

simpleguy
09-23-08, 11:54 am
I cant believe I missed this journey... Things look solid! Keep working hard SG!

where were you? LOL... nah I know how it is with visiting subscribed threads... that's what I do over on bb.com since there are like 10 threads every minute lol

Great job with arms those supersets will pump 'em up like balloons!

thanks bro, hell yeah I love supersets

simpleguy
09-23-08, 12:00 pm
felt pretty strong today so rolled it on the incline bench with lower reps then proceeded to hit delts and calves

Incline bench press 45x10, 95x8, 115x6, 125x3, 135x1, 140x1 (almost 2), 125x3

Seated db press 40's x6, 40's x7, 35's x8, 30's x10

Db side laterals supersetted with Bent-over side laterals, 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Standing calf raises supersetted with Leg press calf raises, 4 sets of 8-12 slow and controlled reps, resting 3-5 secs on the negative, pausing 3-5 secs at the top

glad to see my strength is getting back there again... technically the last workouts I just increased the weights in everything, but no prs since I already 'conquered' those numbers before my cut

pmug0000
09-24-08, 10:12 am
Strong incline benching simpleguy good job!

sly06
09-24-08, 10:35 am
Nice workout SG and glad to hear that your strength is coming back...it all takes time

simpleguy
09-24-08, 12:03 pm
Strong incline benching simpleguy good job!

thanks bro, ok 'strong' for me lol...

Nice workout SG and glad to hear that your strength is coming back...it all takes time

thanks Sly, it does but I'm happy I'm getting back there again

simpleguy
09-24-08, 12:19 pm
had a good workout today, though felt a lil weird at the start... don't know why, something like a slight headache

deadlifts 115x8, 155x3, 215x1, 245x1*

T-bar rows (not counting bar weight) 90x8, 115x7, 90x12

cable pulldowns 100x7, 90x8, 90x10

db pullovers, 5-6 secs on the negative, getting a great stretch 35x8, 45x6, 40x11

db shrugs 40's x10, 45's x10, 45's x10

75 reps for abs

*-245 was my previous pr on deads which I set about 8 months ago and that one was with pretty shitty form (this one was with great form)... as I said, something felt a little weird... attempting this, when trying to lockout, I quickly felt something... don't know how to explain, I felt as if I was gonna collapse, like if I was unconscious... did manage to lockout though and at that point some stars started rolling in my head... weight dropping is not allowed in my gym so I had to do the negative... man it felt like it lasted forever, I was like in a dream, thinking I'm gonna go down... felt better 30-60 secs after, but it was weird lol

LittleMan55
09-24-08, 1:45 pm
Great back work SG! PR is nice... I dunno what could casue the "something" you described. I know one time I forgot to breath correctly and had something similar to that occur. Could be that I dunno bro.

adidas
09-24-08, 1:59 pm
Nice work on dem dare DL's SG!!!

I get that woozy, starry feelin' too sometimes if I don't breath right..it generally happens when I hold my breath, instead of exhaling...

keep it up man!

simpleguy
09-24-08, 3:38 pm
Great back work SG! PR is nice... I dunno what could casue the "something" you described. I know one time I forgot to breath correctly and had something similar to that occur. Could be that I dunno bro.

thanks for your support Broc

Nice work on dem dare DL's SG!!!

I get that woozy, starry feelin' too sometimes if I don't breath right..it generally happens when I hold my breath, instead of exhaling...

keep it up man!

thanks adidamps, yeah I def think that might be it... I usually hold my breath till the sticking point (only when maxing), but I think I passed the sticking point and I should've exhaled earlier... no problems though I was very pleased I made it

pmug0000
09-24-08, 9:23 pm
That sounds like one brutal rep on the deadlifts way to gut it out!! Seeing stars and feeling like your gonna pass out on deadlifts is a good thing (in my book anyway lol).

Pizzalamp
09-24-08, 10:17 pm
chest delts-nice job bro

simpleguy
09-25-08, 10:26 am
That sounds like one brutal rep on the deadlifts way to gut it out!! Seeing stars and feeling like your gonna pass out on deadlifts is a good thing (in my book anyway lol).

def a good thing haha

chest delts-nice job bro

thanks Grant

simpleguy
09-26-08, 10:16 am
decent session today considering I'm going through a cold right now... been taking echinacea, vit C and drinking green tea, so far it's reasonable, just slightly sore throat... so here's today's workout

Flat bench 45x10, 95x10, 125x6, 135x4, 150x1, 155x0, 135x3

Incline db press 40's x8, 45's x5, 45's x5, 40's x10

Cable crossovers 50x10, 50x10

standing ez bar curls 80x8, 90x6, 95x4 (*PR*), 65x15

alt db curls, slow and controlled 40's x3, 35's x6, 30's x8, 25's x12

db isolation curls, 2 sets of 12-15 reps

pmug0000
09-26-08, 10:22 am
Good workout simpleguy ez bar curls with 95 is very strong!

simpleguy
09-26-08, 3:07 pm
Good workout simpleguy ez bar curls with 95 is very strong!

thanks bro, I was happy I managed to do'em with good form...

simpleguy
09-26-08, 3:15 pm
hey bros, tomorrow I'm gonna turn 18, probably a big day for many I guess... I'll spend some time with some of my best friends in the evening, going to a club and I guess I'm gonna have to look 'pretty' for a night lol, I mean stuff like concerning about how my hair looks and all that shit haha...

but still before that is gonna happen, I wanna give myself a gift tomorrow morning... I guess my birthday could not have come on a better time then leg day... so regardless of what numbers I'll be able to work, I promise I'm gonna give it my all... I wanna remember this workout for a while... last leg workout was pretty tough, so I gotta come up with something bigger for my legs... I already got a few ideas, probably be sticking to higher reps for a change, widowmaker style...

still got a slight cold, but so far the vit C, echinacea, green tea and some light medicine are keeping it in check... tomorrow it will be time for WAR... off to sleep now

simpleguy
09-27-08, 7:01 am
couldn't have had a more painful workout for my birthday... here's how it went

warm-up 5 min on the bike

Squats

45x10
135x10
155x8
175x6
205x3
225x2
235x1
240x1 -this was my previous best, strength is back
245x0 (needed a slight touch)
135x20 - widowmaker style, massive pain
115x30 - same as last, only this one hurt more lol

Front squats supersetted with hack squats

*First time in long time doing front squats so had to take it easy

95x6 / 2 plates x8
95x6 / 2 plates x8
95x6 / 2 plates x10

at this time I was barely moving...

Db lunges (weight for each db)

30's x8
35's x7
25's x12

Leg press

395x10
335x20 - widowmaker style
265x50 - widowmaker style

Leg curls supersetted with hyperextensions, all slow and controlled

90x12 / 12 reps
100x12 / 12 reps
90x12 / 12 reps

stretched the shit out of my legs... 45 mins pre w/o had n.o. supp, 5 min pre w/o had 500ml gatorade and a pack of nitro, during workout sipped on torrent, 5 scoops

gonna enjoy my birthday now

might take a few days off next week, due to the cold and enjoy some rest... we'll see

pmug0000
09-27-08, 3:13 pm
Way to give your legs a good beating on your bday simpleguy! I'm can't believe you kept down 5 scoops of Torrent with all those high rep sets, very good work! And happy birthday!

dyskee
09-28-08, 4:09 am
hey bro :D great leg workout :D if u like supersets check my log tomorrow u'll gind something interesting

simpleguy
09-28-08, 1:24 pm
Way to give your legs a good beating on your bday simpleguy! I'm can't believe you kept down 5 scoops of Torrent with all those high rep sets, very good work! And happy birthday!

hey bro :D great leg workout :D if u like supersets check my log tomorrow u'll gind something interesting

thanks guys... I enjoyed my birthday, everything was great... only thing that sucks is that I've got a pretty serious flu so I might take a few days off from the gym

WeeMan
09-28-08, 3:33 pm
thanks guys... I enjoyed my birthday, everything was great... only thing that sucks is that I've got a pretty serious flu so I might take a few days off from the gym

sit and eat, watch tv and post on the forum.

simpleguy
09-28-08, 11:40 pm
sit and eat, watch tv and post on the forum.

thanks bro, that's kinda what I did... hope I'll be back in action soon

rob_in_korea
09-29-08, 6:34 am
Happy belated birthday simpleguy. Outstanding workouts and congrats on getting your strength back. Hope you feel better soon.

-Rob

simpleguy
09-29-08, 11:56 am
Happy belated birthday simpleguy. Outstanding workouts and congrats on getting your strength back. Hope you feel better soon.

-Rob

thanks Rob, I'm eager to hit it hard bro, but I'll have to rest up for a while till I'm feeling better

simpleguy
10-01-08, 1:52 pm
hey bros, today felt somewhat better, probably by tomorrow I'll be back in the gym... can't wait

dyskee
10-02-08, 3:24 am
i got the flu to didn't hit the gym :D

simpleguy
10-02-08, 6:57 am
i got the flu to didn't hit the gym :D

shit we're both lucky as hell haha

adidas
10-02-08, 10:03 am
damn man! happy belated B-Day! and get better...the Plates in da' gym are tired of being on the racks.

simpleguy
10-02-08, 11:25 am
damn man! happy belated B-Day! and get better...the Plates in da' gym are tired of being on the racks.

hell yeah bro, just got back from the gym... seems the time off was cool for me, had a good session and I guess it would've been silly to train with a flu and whilst on antibiotics (yeah my doctor got me to take them for 3 days)

LittleMan55
10-02-08, 11:28 am
Happy very belated Birthday! Good call on resting while you had the flu... Sounds like it paid off!

simpleguy
10-02-08, 11:36 am
good to be back in the gym... pretty good session today, felt strong and focused... I decided to hit several bodyparts I didn't this week due to being sick, but only did a few sets for each... kept good form on everything

couple of warm-up sets;

seated cable rows 90x10, 110x8, 110x8

barbell shrugs 115x10, 145x10, 145x8

bent-over bb rows, underhand grip 115x10, 125x8, 115x9

seated db press 40's x7, 45's x4 (*PR*), 40's x8

overhead tricep cable ext, 2 sets x 8-10 reps

standing db extensions superset with db side laterals 35x8/15's x10; 40x10/15's x10; 40x9/15's x9

sit-ups, 4 sets x20 reps

NO supp pre w/o, 4g creatine and a pack of nitro mid w/o, torrent post w/o

sly06
10-02-08, 12:24 pm
good to be back in the gym... pretty good session today, felt strong and focused... I decided to hit several bodyparts I didn't this week due to being sick, but only did a few sets for each... kept good form on everything

couple of warm-up sets;

seated cable rows 90x10, 110x8, 110x8

barbell shrugs 115x10, 145x10, 145x8

bent-over bb rows, underhand grip 115x10, 125x8, 115x9

seated db press 40's x7, 45's x4 (*PR*), 40's x8

overhead tricep cable ext, 2 sets x 8-10 reps

standing db extensions superset with db side laterals 35x8/15's x10; 40x10/15's x10; 40x9/15's x9

sit-ups, 4 sets x20 reps

NO supp pre w/o, 4g creatine and a pack of nitro mid w/o, torrent post w/o

Hit every angle SG!!! Really like the workout.

simpleguy
10-03-08, 3:33 am
Hit every angle SG!!! Really like the workout.

thanks sly

pmug0000
10-03-08, 10:22 am
Great workout simpleguy good job hitting that PR! Way to come back strong after taking a few days off!

simpleguy
10-03-08, 11:10 am
Great workout simpleguy good job hitting that PR! Way to come back strong after taking a few days off!

thanks bro, was really pleased with it

simpleguy
10-03-08, 11:15 am
good workout today, most of my numbers are about where they were before I started this cut... hopefully in the next weeks/months I'll see some prs

Incline bench press 45x10, 95x10, 115x7, 135x3, 145x1 (almost 2), 115x9

Flat db press 35's x8, 45's x6, 40's x11

Barbell curls 70x7, 80x5, 90x4, 80x6

Seated alt db curls 30's x8, 25's x11, 15's x20

called it a day...

simpleguy
10-04-08, 7:11 am
yesterday read this workout from the site, animalpak.com, one of schak's articles, so decided to give it a go...I did it as suggested there except the one-leg curls, since I don't have that in my gym... was a pretty intense workout, a change for me since I'm used to starting with squats

5 min on the bike

Leg extensions, 4 sets x 12-15 reps

Hack squats(not counting sled weight)
45x12
65x12
90x12
Triple dropset: 120x10 drop to 90x10 drop to 65x10 drop to 45x10

Leg press

1pps x10 ->pps - plate(s) per side
2pps x10
3pps x10
4pps x10

Squats

155x10
145x10
135x10

Lying leg curls, 4 sets x 10-12 reps

Stiff-leg deads, 3 sets x 10 reps with 95lb

nitro during workout, torrent post

J Wong
10-04-08, 11:30 am
Solid leg workout!

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 12:10 pm
Your past 3 wo's have looked really solid SG! Keep it up bro...

pmug0000
10-04-08, 12:14 pm
Great job with legs I know you must've been hurting long before you even got to squats! I love that triple drop set too!

simpleguy
10-05-08, 1:26 pm
Solid leg workout!

thanks boom

Your past 3 wo's have looked really solid SG! Keep it up bro...

thanks Broc, yeah I reckon they were pretty good

Great job with legs I know you must've been hurting long before you even got to squats! I love that triple drop set too!

yeah, my partner was really surprised I asked him to spot me squatting 155lb... didn't need any help, but I wanted to be sure, my legs were really shaking and who knows?
the triple drop set was brutal, really fried my legs

simpleguy
10-06-08, 11:32 am
Overhead tricep ext, 2 sets x 10-12 reps

one-arm cable curls, 2 sets x 10-12 reps

ez bar skull crushers 60x8, 70x6, 70x6, 60x10

alt db hammer curls 25's x10, 30's x9, 35's x8, 35's x6

cable curls supersetted with cable pushdowns, 3 sets of 8-14 reps

1 set 21's

decent workout today, but didn't feel very focused for some reason

sly06
10-06-08, 12:07 pm

1 set 21's

21's are killer SG!! Great workout and no doubt you wll grow from that.

simpleguy
10-06-08, 2:13 pm
21's are killer SG!! Great workout and no doubt you wll grow from that.

'say your prayers, take your vitamins' and you'll grow.... haha

hopefully so bro

Pizzalamp
10-06-08, 9:34 pm

1 set 21's

nice bro! those are some good numbers and good exercise picks!!

hope u get focues for next workout!!!

Firedrake
10-07-08, 2:04 am

1 set 21's

That happens some days -- the thing I discovered last week is, that if you do the work anyway, ya still get sore!

'drake

simpleguy
10-07-08, 7:24 am
nice bro! those are some good numbers and good exercise picks!!

hope u get focues for next workout!!!

thanks Grant... good numbers? LOL...

That happens some days -- the thing I discovered last week is, that if you do the work anyway, ya still get sore!

'drake

hey thx for stoppin by... true bro, I'm pretty sore as well

WeeMan
10-07-08, 12:01 pm

1 set 21's

we all have off days, watch a dvd or look at some fotos of your favourite bodybuilders before you train.
overheads are the damage!!

simpleguy
10-07-08, 1:11 pm
we all have off days, watch a dvd or look at some fotos of your favourite bodybuilders before you train.
overheads are the damage!!

nah, I always do that anyway haha... thanks for the support

simpleguy
10-07-08, 1:24 pm
School is becoming busier and busier... I am taking some extra classes so my free time is def shorter... so I thought about making my schedule 4 days a week... then again, my bis responded great to 2x a week training, as opposed to once a week which I had done more then a year with almost no results... since it's been working good, I decided to keep doing it twice a week, but lower the volume a bit...

so anyway this is the split I'll be doing:

Day 1: Back, bis
Day 2: Chest, calves, abs
Day 3: Delts, tris, bis
Day 4: Legs, abs

Also, today I wanted to draw the line about my diet... during these last 7 weeks after having ended the cut I've cheated too often... sure I made some pretty good gains, but I also added fat... scale says I gained 5lb of lean mass and 6 lb of fat

time to change that... I made a few adjustments to my diet... I'm not counting cals exactly (like one day I have an extra cup of milk), but I'm pretty aware of all the grams of carbs, protein and fat... also I will allow some small cheat meals in the weekends

Currently my stack is: pak, whey, nitro (only on training days), torrent, creatine mono

I also take 3-5g of vit C per day

WeeMan
10-07-08, 3:15 pm
Currently my stack is: pak, whey, nitro (only on training days), torrent, creatine mono

I also take 3-5g of vit C per day

glad 2 see uv cut the crap.

what is your current diet looking like? (including cheats?)

simpleguy
10-08-08, 11:57 am
glad 2 see uv cut the crap.

what is your current diet looking like? (including cheats?)

Monday to friday it's kinda like this... the amounts vary a bit depending on how good my recovery is... oh and don't ask me to post in cups, I don't measure my food in cups

Meal 1: 100g oats, 35g whey, cup of milk
Meal 2 - at school: pancake-> 60-100g oats, fruit, 1 egg, milk, 35g whey
Meals 3&4: 100g rice, 400g chicken breast / 500g potatoes, 350-400g top round (I switch between these two)
Meal 5: 5 whole eggs
Meal 6: 35g whey, 1 tbsp evoo / 20 almonds

including the torrent I'm getting around 275-300g of carbs, around 250g protein, and 80-110g of fat

Saturdays and Sundays are pretty much the same, though I allow some cheat meals

simpleguy
10-08-08, 12:01 pm
not a great workout again today... strength was a bit down and I felt kinda tired... might take a small break, but we'll see

Flat bench 45x12, 105x10, 115x8, 135x5, 145x1(totally sucked, couldn't get at least 2 more), 115x10

Incline db press 40's x6, 45's x6, 40's x9, 35's x12

Incline db flies 30's x8, 25's x10

Standing calf raises, 3 sets of 10-20 reps

pretty busy with school, feeling a bit tired though I got at least 7-8 hrs of sleep every night (some nights even 9)... feel like my cns is a bit shot, so as I said I might take a small break... if not, it's a good thing anyway I've switched my routine to a 4-day split, the 5-day was def a hard thing to cope with

WeeMan
10-08-08, 3:41 pm
Monday to friday it's kinda like this... the amounts vary a bit depending on how good my recovery is... oh and don't ask me to post in cups, I don't measure my food in cups

Meal 1: 100g oats, 35g whey, cup of milk
Meal 2 - at school: pancake-> 60-100g oats, fruit, 1 egg, milk, 35g whey
Meals 3&4: 100g rice, 400g chicken breast / 500g potatoes, 350-400g top round (I switch between these two)
Meal 5: 5 whole eggs
Meal 6: 35g whey, 1 tbsp evoo / 20 almonds

including the torrent I'm getting around 275-300g of carbs, around 250g protein, and 80-110g of fat

Saturdays and Sundays are pretty much the same, though I allow some cheat meals

see to me that looks fine. all i would do is swith the ratio of carbs to protein so that your getting more protein than carbs.
maybe do 20 to 30 mins of cardio if ur still putting on fat.

Pizzalamp
10-08-08, 9:00 pm
i stand by what i say-good numbers-even if its an off day and youre not happy with em-at least u are moving them and working the muscle

pmug0000
10-08-08, 9:32 pm
Sounds like a good plan simpleguy, always listen to your body.

simpleguy
10-09-08, 11:00 am
see to me that looks fine. all i would do is swith the ratio of carbs to protein so that your getting more protein than carbs.
maybe do 20 to 30 mins of cardio if ur still putting on fat.

even that is pretty high for me (cost-wise), believe me if I was not on a tight budget I would've tried the protein-saturation approach that Tiny suggests

i stand by what i say-good numbers-even if its an off day and youre not happy with em-at least u are moving them and working the muscle

thanks Grant, your support means a lot to me

Sounds like a good plan simpleguy, always listen to your body.

thanks bro, I think I just needed some extra rest, today I feel much better... we'll see what tomorrow's workout brings

WeeMan
10-09-08, 11:54 am
even that is pretty high for me (cost-wise), believe me if I was not on a tight budget I would've tried the protein-saturation approach that Tiny suggests

understand what your saying but you can make it work
all you have to do is sit and write a little plan. you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

rob_in_korea
10-10-08, 1:38 am
Solid workouts simpleguy. Keep up the great work.

-Rob

simpleguy
10-10-08, 2:52 pm
had a nasty headache the whole day... was constantly thinking whether or not to hit the gym... finally I decided to, since I will probably take the next week off... anyway I got in a decent workout

seated military press 35x10, 55x10, 75x10, 95x8, 105x6, 115x5, 125x3, 95x15

close grip decline bench 80x8, 90x8, 90x10, 100x8

bb curls (felt very strong on these today) 80x7, 100x3 (*PR*), 80x7, 70x10

standing db ext 45x8, 40x10

db isolation curls, 2 sets x 10-15 reps

understand what your saying but you can make it work
all you have to do is sit and write a little plan. you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

true bro

Solid workouts simpleguy. Keep up the great work.

-Rob

thanks Rob

LittleMan55
10-10-08, 2:59 pm
Great wo SG... Enjoy the week off!

simpleguy
10-11-08, 7:56 am
Great wo SG... Enjoy the week off!

thanks Broc... I still had one more workout though

simpleguy
10-11-08, 8:00 am
didn't feel too strong today, but just said fuck it, I mean as long as the muscle is working it's ok...

3 min on the bike

Squats

45x10
115x10
155x8
175x5
195x4
205x3
155x9
115x20

Leg press

395x8
485x8
575x6
395x25

hyperextensions, 3 sets x 12-15 reps

pmug0000
10-11-08, 12:22 pm
didn't feel too strong today, but just said fuck it, I mean as long as the muscle is working it's ok...

I agree, just keep putting in the work and you'll see improvements. Are you taking a week off now?

simpleguy
10-11-08, 1:12 pm
I agree, just keep putting in the work and you'll see improvements. Are you taking a week off now?

yeah, the next week... so no action for the next 8 days, except maybe some cardio - I feel I need a lil bit of it to stay in decent condition

simpleguy
10-17-08, 1:53 pm
hey bros, the week off is been pretty good, I tried to get some extra sleep here and there and Monday I'll be back in the gym... tomorrow is my cheat day, so I'm kinda happy...

in the first month on this bulk I added 4lb of lbm and 5-6 of fat (my bad there)
2nd month I added 2lb of lbm and less then 0.5lb of fat

I'm gonna go on with this consistent approach, trying to keep fat gains to a minimum

Pizzalamp
10-17-08, 9:51 pm
hey bros, the week off is been pretty good, I tried to get some extra sleep here and there and Monday I'll be back in the gym... tomorrow is my cheat day, so I'm kinda happy...

in the first month on this bulk I added 4lb of lbm and 5-6 of fat (my bad there)
2nd month I added 2lb of lbm and less then 0.5lb of fat

I'm gonna go on with this consistent approach, trying to keep fat gains to a minimum

good progress!! nice and steady...

simpleguy
10-17-08, 11:43 pm

thanks Grant...

btw I meant I'm gonna keep doing what I did 2nd month not on the first one lol

MassMonster
10-17-08, 11:51 pm
hmm im intrigued by this thread i think ill sit in and see ya progress for a bit ... keep up the good work

simpleguy
10-18-08, 6:17 am
hmm im intrigued by this thread i think ill sit in and see ya progress for a bit ... keep up the good work

hey bro thanks for droppin' by

simpleguy
10-18-08, 3:38 pm
the cheat day was good... had some ground beef, fries and some biscuits chased with almost half a gallon of milk... can't wait to be back in the gym

wxman
10-18-08, 3:48 pm
sub'd. looks interesting. keep up the work!

simpleguy
10-19-08, 3:52 pm
sub'd. looks interesting. keep up the work!

thanks...

tomorrow back in the gym... can't wait

Themostocles
10-20-08, 3:34 am

x2. Can't elaborate on that much. You already know its a marathon filled with hills, just keep at it. -T.

simpleguy
10-20-08, 3:40 am
x2. Can't elaborate on that much. You already know its a marathon filled with hills, just keep at it. -T.

true that bro... thanks

Themostocles
10-20-08, 3:41 am
So what are you hitting on your first day back? -T.

simpleguy
10-20-08, 3:50 am
So what are you hitting on your first day back? -T.

I don't know yet, but I will in a few hours ... I also gotta go the doc today, I'm starting to get a bit of soreness in my throat (half of my classmates got a cold), so far the vit C, echinacea and green tea have been keeping me pretty healthy but I just gotta make sure everything's cool

The Sun
10-20-08, 4:07 am
get well soon man.

simpleguy
10-20-08, 10:43 am
get well soon man.

thanks bro

simpleguy
10-20-08, 10:48 am
felt good to be back in the gym... didn't feel like maxing or going too heavy, just focused on keeping good form

db pullovers 40x7, 40x8, 35x10

db rows 45x8, 45x9, 40x12

T-Bar rows (not counting bar weight) 90x7, 70x10, 70x9

close grip underhand cable pulldowns 100x8, 90x8, 80x10

barbell shrugs[b], 2 sets x 12 reps

[b]alt db curls 30's x8, 35's x6, 35's x6

ez bar preacher curls, 3 sets x 8-12 reps

during workout had 6g of eaas, 25g dextrose, one heaping teaspoon (~7g) of glutamine... post w/o had 25g whey, 25g dextrose

pmug0000
10-20-08, 10:54 am
Nice work simpleguy it's good to see you back in the gym. And keeping really strict form means that you don't even need to go as heavy on the weights and you can still get solid results, good stuff man!

simpleguy
10-20-08, 11:09 am
Nice work simpleguy it's good to see you back in the gym. And keeping really strict form means that you don't even need to go as heavy on the weights and you can still get solid results, good stuff man!

thanks bro, my back responds great to this approach, it's what I've been doing for the last 1-2 months and I really feel the muscle working... to each his own, but for me, I used to bb row 165 with shitty form, and I feel it better with 115 using great form, slow and controlled... of course I plan on increasing the weights as well though

The Sun
10-20-08, 12:29 pm
great workout, glad you feel better and hit the gym.

simpleguy
10-20-08, 2:53 pm
hey guys just got back from a running session (high-intensity) with my buddies... long story short about a year or more ago I used to be the one getting tired soon, barely keeping up, awful speed and endurance... this time it was different, kinda switched roles, I had to drag them to keep up... my sprinting has definitely improved big time and so has my endurance... physical condition is also pretty good considering it's the offseason and I don't do more then 1-2 sessions per week usually

I had an unscheduled shake (40g dextrose, 40g whey, 5 g glutamine) after, since I burned a load of cals and I don't want my legs too sore the next days

great workout, glad you feel better and hit the gym.

thanks bro, I need to be in good health with my mind as well, and lifting is my addiction

sly06
10-20-08, 4:42 pm
Great to hear about the run. Makes a difference when your in shape huh? How is everything else going for you?

simpleguy
10-21-08, 11:37 am
Great to hear about the run. Makes a difference when your in shape huh? How is everything else going for you?

pretty good bro, a bit busy with school but as long as I manage to get in my meals and some rest I'm not complaining

sly06
10-21-08, 2:25 pm
pretty good bro, a bit busy with school but as long as I manage to get in my meals and some rest I'm not complaining

That's right eating and rest is key bro. Like to hear that you can manage school with the daily grind of lifting. Takes a lot of dedication and time. Keep it up big man.

simpleguy
10-21-08, 2:58 pm
That's right eating and rest is key bro. Like to hear that you can manage school with the daily grind of lifting. Takes a lot of dedication and time. Keep it up big man.

nah, I think about the brothers who have it harder... like when you were in Iraq... managing to get in your workouts and meals whilst in that desert, heat and risking your life for your country... that's dedication brother

Pizzalamp
10-21-08, 10:32 pm
how is everything simpleguy??

simpleguy
10-22-08, 12:19 pm
how is everything simpleguy??

everything seems pretty good, how are you?

simpleguy
10-22-08, 12:29 pm
Flat bench 105x10, 120x6, 135x3, 145x1, 150x1, 155x0 (missed), 135x4 - needed help on the 4th

Steep Incline (angle~ 50 degrees) db press 35's x5, 45's x5, 40's x12 (PR on reps)

ez bar skull crushers 65x6, 70x5, 55x9

cable pushdowns, 3 sets x 8-12 reps

Decent workout today... On friday evening I'll go to one of my best friends' 18 year anniversary and that kinda messes my schedule... reason why I hit tris today... I would have to hit legs tomorrow along with delts, but my legs are really sore from the HIT cardio sessions done Monday and Tuesday... most likely I'll do less sets

The Sun
10-22-08, 5:31 pm
grats for the PR sg, 155's just around the corner man.

simpleguy
10-23-08, 9:49 am
grats for the PR sg, 155's just around the corner man.

thanks bro, definitely looking to get it pretty soon

sly06
10-23-08, 9:51 am
Flat bench 105x10, 120x6, 135x3, 145x1, 150x1, 155x0 (missed), 135x4 - needed help on the 4th

Steep Incline (angle~ 50 degrees) db press 35's x5, 45's x5, 40's x12 (PR on reps)

ez bar skull crushers 65x6, 70x5, 55x9

cable pushdowns, 3 sets x 8-12 reps

Decent workout today... On friday evening I'll go to one of my best friends' 18 year anniversary and that kinda messes my schedule... reason why I hit tris today... I would have to hit legs tomorrow along with delts, but my legs are really sore from the HIT cardio sessions done Monday and Tuesday... most likely I'll do less sets

UH OH someone is getting stronger. Nice job bro!!

simpleguy
10-23-08, 10:03 am
UH OH someone is getting stronger. Nice job bro!!

thanks bro, that's the plan

today I went to the gym with my legs still slightly sore... worst thing is tomorrow I have a physical test - sprinting... to me that means pretty much since when I was younger I was always the fat kid who got the worst time... and now since my speed and physical condition has improved a lot, I'm pretty confident I can get a good time

ok so the idea was to hit just a few sets of legs with small weights, so I did 2 sets of leg curls, 2 sets of extensions and 2 sets of hack squats just to get the blood flowing , hopefully I'll be less sore tomorrow... then proceeded to hit delts and bis - 4 sets of bb curls supersetted with bent-over rear db side laterals, 3 sets of standing db laterals, and 3 sets of db isolation curls... got a pretty good pump

pmug0000
10-23-08, 10:41 am
Great work simpleguy it's good to see that PR in there! BTW did you notice someone joined the forum with the screen name "simpledude" lol

simpleguy
10-23-08, 2:18 pm
Great work simpleguy it's good to see that PR in there! BTW did you notice someone joined the forum with the screen name "simpledude" lol

thanks
yeah, he signed up a while back, just that he doesn't post too often... I bet he wanted 'simpleguy' himself but he resorted to 'simpledude'... LOL I'm being mean

simpleguy
10-27-08, 12:19 pm
first time in a month or so doing deadlifts... with all the respect to powerlifters, or those who like maxing out on these, for some reason my lower back feels much better if I don't... so here's today's workout

cable pulldowns, 3 sets x 8-12 reps

deadlifts 135x6, 150x5, 150x5, 150x5, 150x5

bb rows, underhand grip 80x10, 90x10, 115x6, 90x12

ez bar curls 70x9, 80x8, 85x10 (I think it's a pr), 70x16

seated incline db curls 25's x7, 20's x11, 15's x15

pmug0000
10-27-08, 4:12 pm
Haha I'm one of those weirdos who just can't help but max out every time I deadlift. But as they say different strokes for different folks. Good workout though sg that is some seriously heavy curling!

The Sun
10-27-08, 4:46 pm
solid back workout sg, just keep on the basics like rows and deads and watch how your back becomes a wall.

simpleguy
10-28-08, 11:00 am
Haha I'm one of those weirdos who just can't help but max out every time I deadlift. But as they say different strokes for different folks. Good workout though sg that is some seriously heavy curling!

seriously I don't know why, my curling is somewhat stronger then some of my lifts (proportionally speaking, doesn't mean I curl as much as I bench lol)... I also use good form except for the last rep or so when I really can't get another one without some slight momentum

solid back workout sg, just keep on the basics like rows and deads and watch how your back becomes a wall.

hey thanks bro, we'll see about that in a few years

The Sun
10-28-08, 2:00 pm
hey thanks bro, we'll see about that in a few years

if you keep on going like that it's just a matter of months.

J Wong
10-28-08, 3:36 pm
Nice workouts man! Lets see some progress pics since keto!

simpleguy
10-29-08, 1:00 pm
Nice workouts man! Lets see some progress pics since keto!

hey bro I'll make sure to post some in a few weeks, still gotta do my best here so I try not to let you down

simpleguy
10-29-08, 1:04 pm
great session today... was so tired of the barbell then dumbbell approach (for chest) which I've been doing for months so today I decided no barbells... just a lower volume and max intensity, giving it my all

Incline db press 35's x10, 40's x10, 45's x8 (*PR*), 45's x10 (*PR), 40's x11+3 (rest paused)

Incline db flies 25's x10

1 set x 20 reps cable crossovers supersetted with 1 set x 20 reps pec deck

Standing calf raises 75 reps, rest-paused (30+20+15+10)

also did like 3 or 4 different exercises for abs but I forgot exactly the reps

pmug0000
10-29-08, 2:31 pm
Nice work sg it's good to see you hitting some more PR's, and way to work some rest-pause in there I think it's a really effective technique.

Firedrake
10-29-08, 9:32 pm
great session today... was so tired of the barbell then dumbbell approach (for chest) which I've been doing for months so today I decided no barbells... just a lower volume and max intensity, giving it my all

Incline db press 35's x10, 40's x10, 45's x8 (*PR*), 45's x10 (*PR), 40's x11+3 (rest paused)

Incline db flies 25's x10

1 set x 20 reps cable crossovers supersetted with 1 set x 20 reps pec deck

Standing calf raises 75 reps, rest-paused (30+20+15+10)

also did like 3 or 4 different exercises for abs but I forgot exactly the reps

Sweet session! I'm impressed with the volume on the calves, particularly, and congrats on the PRs!

simpleguy
10-30-08, 6:57 am
Nice work sg it's good to see you hitting some more PR's, and way to work some rest-pause in there I think it's a really effective technique.

thanks bro, I was glad about the PRs... my chest was so fatigued after 8 sets I couldn't believe it

Sweet session! I'm impressed with the volume on the calves, particularly, and congrats on the PRs!

thanks bro... volume? lol, it's only 4 sets, most people have to struggle big time to get their calves to grow... fortunately, though I don't have huge calves they're def not one of my lagging bodyparts

simpleguy
10-31-08, 2:24 pm
pretty good session today...

seated military press 35x10, 80x10, 90x8, 115x4, 125x3, 105x12 (PR on reps)

standing db extensions supersetted with db side lateral raises, 3 sets x 8-15 reps

close grip bench press 95x6, 115x4, 105x6, 95x9 (totally sucked ass on these, guess I was tired from the presses)

barbell curls 80x7, 90x5, 100x4 (I think it's a PR on reps), 80x10 (PR on reps)

cable pushdowns supersetted with cable curls, 3 sets x 10-15 reps, last ones drop sets

pmug0000
10-31-08, 4:45 pm
Good session simpleguy those military presses are great! And where did those 100lbs. curls come from? That's huge!