PDA

View Full Version : Japan Animals

hawthorj
08-23-08, 12:12 pm
For all of the brothers out here, forward deployed to japan, it's about time an ABC chapter hit land. Nothing says we have to wait until we are back in the states to take part in events. you've already been training hard, lets take it a step further. If you're interested show your support, reply to this thread, lets get it started.

Rubicon
08-24-08, 8:23 pm
I`m in, lets get this ball rolling

Rubicon
08-28-08, 8:14 pm
bump

Enforcer
10-22-08, 3:02 pm
For all of the brothers out here, forward deployed to japan, it's about time an ABC chapter hit land. Nothing says we have to wait until we are back in the states to take part in events. you've already been training hard, lets take it a step further. If you're interested show your support, reply to this thread, lets get it started.

Thats very true bro, there's no reason to wait to start an ABC event. Great job taking some initiative. Shit if you are away from home, why the fuck not meet up with some of your boys and train your assses off. You should try to get some of your friends there to sign up here to throw some support to your thread. Just send them the link. Anything else you need along the way, just hit me up and let me know.

C.Coronato
05-15-09, 9:52 am
Japan whats happening. Anyone deployed out living out there interested in getting a training session going?

Shukin
05-16-09, 9:27 pm
I'm not in the military but living and training in Hokkaido, in Osaka every September....

C.Coronato
05-18-09, 10:27 am
Nice, any dudes out there you train with?

C.Coronato
08-26-09, 10:41 am
Whats going on brothers. Hows everything in Japan?

C.Coronato
02-16-10, 9:41 am
Here is your invitation:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

Shukin
05-26-10, 8:39 pm
Ready, Willing and able......

Contact me

HIGA MONSTER
05-26-10, 9:10 pm
Ready, Willing and able......

Contact me

Whats up bro?

I will be at Yokota AFB in August, if you want to come by and workout.
Helping with the "Yokota's Strongest Man" contest that is held with the Friendship Festival.

In Fussa, Japan.

Thanks!
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
05-27-10, 6:44 pm
I live in Hokkaido, so can you give me the details as to when and where in August, I would love to take the trip down there. I am not in the military, will I have any trouble getting on base?

HIGA MONSTER
06-01-10, 9:15 am
I live in Hokkaido, so can you give me the details as to when and where in August, I would love to take the trip down there. I am not in the military, will I have any trouble getting on base?

Shukin-san,

I will be in Japan August 20-23rd.
The "Friendship Festival" is held at Yokota Air Base in Fussa, Japan. I will be helping with the 6th "Yokota's Strongest Man" contest, then doing a demonstration with fellow USA pro Corey St Clair.

I will email the Fitnesse Director of the Samurai Fitness Center, to see what it takes to get a pass on base.
It shouldn't be a problem because during the festival, they open the base to the Japanese public for those 2 days. 200,000 people pass through the gates to checkout the festival!

Aug 21-22nd is the exact dates of the Friendship Festival.

Keep you posted!
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
06-06-10, 7:44 pm
Thanks for the details. I will start looking into flights and a place to stay for the event, would absolutely love to catch up with you with out getting in the way.

Look forward to it! Do keep me posted.

Thank you,
Shukin

C.Coronato
06-07-10, 9:37 am
Awesome, looks like there is a solid ABC going to be set up out in Japan .. Going to be an awesome event, training with HIGA.

HIGA MONSTER
06-08-10, 1:02 am
Thanks for the details. I will start looking into flights and a place to stay for the event, would absolutely love to catch up with you with out getting in the way.

Look forward to it! Do keep me posted.

Thank you,
Shukin
Hai, Shukin-san. Looking forward to meeting you too.
You can get onto the base via the Main Gate.

When you get on base, there will be lots to do with the "Friendship Festival" going on both Sat and Sunday.
We will have to sign you into the ABC at the Samurai Fitness Center on base. Shouldn't be a problem. Lets do the ABC on Saturday 6/21. I will figure out a time and let you know.

Fellow pro Strongman & friend Corey St Clair (Idaho), will be there for the first time with me. He is excited to put on a show for the airmen of Yokota Air Base and all of the Japanese public that will be there.

Awesome, looks like there is a solid ABC going to be set up out in Japan .. Going to be an awesome event, training with HIGA.

No doubt TTL! Excited to have some of the Japanese ANIMALS on board!

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
06-09-10, 7:00 pm
Aloha Higa,
Sounds great! I watched you videos on you tube, man...... above my league. I am grateful for the opportunity to work out with you and Cory, maybe I can learn a few tricks or two.

That is August 21 right? not 6/21.
Very excited for this.
Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
06-09-10, 9:19 pm
Aloha Higa,
Sounds great! I watched you videos on you tube, man...... above my league. I am grateful for the opportunity to work out with you and Cory, maybe I can learn a few tricks or two.

That is August 21 right? not 6/21.
Very excited for this.
Shukin

Hai. Saturday 8/21
Sorry about that typo.

The Friendship Festival begins on 8/21 and ends on 8/22.
If you can do it, you should plan to see the "Yokota's Strongest Man" contest on Sunday 8/22.

Look forward to meeting you and working out with you too!
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
06-10-10, 10:15 pm
Aloha Higa Monster,
I am definitely going to stay for the whole thing, I am flying down for a 3 or 4 day weekend, if you pm me I can give you my contact details just in case things get a bit heck-tick for you and times need to change and stuff like that, since I will be on the road at that time I might not have internet....always have my cell phone.
Really looking forward to this.

Thanks,
Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
06-13-10, 7:49 pm
Aloha Higa Monster,
I am definitely going to stay for the whole thing, I am flying down for a 3 or 4 day weekend, if you pm me I can give you my contact details just in case things get a bit heck-tick for you and times need to change and stuff like that, since I will be on the road at that time I might not have internet....always have my cell phone.
Really looking forward to this.

Thanks,
Shukin

Shukin,
You should compete in the Strongman contest! You are already going to be there. Its FREE. Just have to sign a waiver.

I will PM you. Looking forward to meeting you!

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
06-19-10, 8:57 am
I have never done anything like that before, don't know how well I would do.
Looking forward to working out with you guys though.

Shukin

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 10:17 am
Hows everything coming along in here? Shaping up nicely !

Shukin
06-21-10, 8:01 pm
Hows everything coming along in here? Shaping up nicely !
We gotta start some where, from here the momentum will pick up I believe.

moreofme2kill
06-22-10, 2:38 am
damn, would be a dream come true to hang out and train in japan! not to mention the food! lucky fuckers! haha!

HIGA MONSTER
06-22-10, 8:41 pm
I have never done anything like that before, don't know how well I would do.
Looking forward to working out with you guys though.

Shukin

I personally think you should do it.
How often can you say "I competed in a Strongman contest!"

There are about 5 guys that take a 5 hour train ride from Osaka every year.
Some of them don't do well in some events, but they try as hard as they can and bring alot of heart.

I really hope you consider it because this is the only contest that is held in Japan, and its FREE to all competitors.

Let me know what I can do to help!
HIGA-SAN

Shukin
06-24-10, 7:03 pm
I personally think you should do it.
How often can you say "I competed in a Strongman contest!"

There are about 5 guys that take a 5 hour train ride from Osaka every year.
Some of them don't do well in some events, but they try as hard as they can and bring alot of heart.

I really hope you consider it because this is the only contest that is held in Japan, and its FREE to all competitors.

Let me know what I can do to help!
HIGA-SAN

Ahola Higa,
You are very motivating! Are there different classes? I have been watching strongman on youtube..... pretty serious sh#t!

Thanks,
S

HIGA MONSTER
07-02-10, 10:45 am
Shukin,
Did Pat or Rika get a hold of you? They were supposed to call you to help with suggestions to accomodations, and so that there was no miscommunication.

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
07-02-10, 6:57 pm
Shukin,
Did Pat or Rika get a hold of you? They were supposed to call you to help with suggestions to accomodations, and so that there was no miscommunication.

HIGA MONSTER

Aloha Higa,
Not yet. I did call the base the other day, they could help with which airport but not where to stay. You can forward them my email or if they are in Japan my phone number whichever works for them.
Many Thanks,
Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
07-07-10, 11:09 am
Aloha Higa,
Not yet. I did call the base the other day, they could help with which airport but not where to stay. You can forward them my email or if they are in Japan my phone number whichever works for them.
Many Thanks,
Shukin

I emailed Pat last night. He said he was going to call you today.
Let me know when you guys are able to connect.

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
07-07-10, 8:44 pm
Will Do Higa,

I hope we can get a J-ABC rolling.......

Look forward to it, train well.

Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
07-08-10, 1:56 am
Will Do Higa,

I hope we can get a J-ABC rolling.......

Look forward to it, train well.

Shukin

I just emailed his phone again, so hopefully he will get a hold of you today.
A lady named Rika may also call you. She is Pat's assistant.

Arigato,
HIGA MONSTER

C.Coronato
07-08-10, 9:34 am
Looking good Shukin. Any guys from your area going out with ya?

Shukin
07-08-10, 9:36 am
Aloha Higa,
I just received a very detailed email with attachments from Patrick, they had some heavy flooding there so they were out of power for several days.
Thanks for that,
Shukin

C.Coronato
07-22-10, 4:27 pm
Received an Email from HIGA and Pat. It is shaping up very nicely and should be an awesome international event. Looking forward to this for you guys!

Mr. Dead
07-22-10, 4:31 pm
I emailed Pat last night. He said he was going to call you today.
Let me know when you guys are able to connect.

HIGA MONSTER

Higa... You better bring me back a geisha... *LOL*

stormin
07-22-10, 4:49 pm
Higa... You better bring me back a geisha... *LOL*

Dead - be careful what you wish for, there are no age limits to being a geisha! No discrimination!
Unfortunately I know !!!

Was in Tokyo a few days ago, now in Yonezawa, back to US saturday amd ABC in Hartford Sunday.

Mr. Dead
07-22-10, 4:51 pm
Dead - be careful what you wish for, there are no age limits to being a geisha! No discrimination!
Unfortunately I know !!!

Was in Tokyo a few days ago, now in Yonezawa, back to US saturday amd ABC in Hartford Sunday.

He BETTER use his best judgement, then... *LOL*

Shukin
07-22-10, 7:51 pm
Looking good Shukin. Any guys from your area going out with ya?

Trying to get some guys and gals going, but financial times are rough for many people now....
Keep you posted.

Shukin

Shukin
07-22-10, 7:53 pm

I'll make sure she is skilled before Higa brings her back...... (* * )V

HIGA MONSTER
07-23-10, 2:34 am
Muahahahahahah.........

Trying to get some guys and gals going, but financial times are rough for many people now....
Keep you posted.
Shukin

No worries bro. We are getting some of the Airmen to be there too that lift at Samurai Fitness Center.
See you next month!

HIGA

AntoineV
07-23-10, 2:40 am
I love Japan!!! I want to go someday. Alot of bodybuilders over there too!!! as soon as I have the chance to go there I will.

Have a good time at the ABC!

Shukin
07-23-10, 9:38 pm
I love Japan!!! I want to go someday. Alot of bodybuilders over there too!!! as soon as I have the chance to go there I will.

Have a good time at the ABC!
If you ever come, look me up
Shukin

Shukin
07-27-10, 2:29 am
Aloha Higa,
I booked my hotel, I am staying near the base. I will check in on the 20th and out on the 23rd. You have my phone number so give me a call and we can meet, I am fluent in Japanese if you need any assistance at all.

Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
07-27-10, 10:04 am
Aloha Higa,
I booked my hotel, I am staying near the base. I will check in on the 20th and out on the 23rd. You have my phone number so give me a call and we can meet, I am fluent in Japanese if you need any assistance at all.

Shukin

Solid!
I arrive the evening of the 20th. Flying into Narita, so it takes 1.5 hours to drive to Fussa from Narita. Corey St Clair and his wife will be on the same transport van as me cause they arrive 1 hour before I do.

I will call you when we check in at the Base the evening of the 20th!

Aloha,
HIGA

Shukin
08-04-10, 8:32 am
Just a little while longer till the Japan ABC, any one else want to join us?

Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
08-05-10, 10:40 am
Just a little while longer till the Japan ABC, any one else want to join us?

Shukin

I emailed Pat last night bro. There are a couple of Airmen that will be there!
He is very excited for this to happen on the air base!

HIGA

Shukin
08-05-10, 6:54 pm
Awesome Higa san,
I can't wait. Just hope I can keep up with you lol.

Talk to you soon
Shukin

Shukin
08-05-10, 8:58 pm
Aloha Higa,
Just a heads up, it is really humid here this year......

S

HIGA MONSTER
08-06-10, 3:13 am
Aloha Higa,
Just a heads up, it is really humid here this year......

S

Oh yea, no worries.
Its my 4th time there to Yokota. Last year, it was POURING though!

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
08-06-10, 12:14 pm
I got 5 airmen signed up to workout with us at the ABC! I had this confirmed by Pat last night.
So, we got 2 pro Strongmen, Shukin and 5 airmen from Yokota Air Base.

Its gonna be good!
HIGA

G Diesel
08-06-10, 12:21 pm
Good to see the ABC movement alive and well in Japan. Much respect to Higa, Shukin and the boys.

Definitely a place I'd love to visit.

Peace, G

HIGA MONSTER
08-06-10, 12:33 pm
Good to see the ABC movement alive and well in Japan. Much respect to Higa, Shukin and the boys.

Definitely a place I'd love to visit.

Peace, G

Thanks G.

My friend that runs the Samurai Fitness Center also promotes the "Central Japan Bodybuilding & Fitness Championships". So the bodybuilding movement is alive and well over there.
They just had it: http://www.yokota.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123215839

Here is a video from last year's Strongman contest. I shipped my log, farmers walk handles and truck pull harness.
This video was broadcast on the Armed Forces Network TV so all the military personnel around the world could see this brief video.

I'm wearing the red Animal shirt as the Head Referee: http://www.yokota.af.mil/news/video/index.asp

I'm very excited for this ABC!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
08-06-10, 12:38 pm
I forgot to say that you need to scroll down the video page and find the one that says "strongman competition" and "Fit to Fight/Bodybuilding" videos.

You will see that Ronnie Coleman was the guest poser last year.

Thanks,
HIGA

Shukin
08-11-10, 9:40 pm
I forgot to say that you need to scroll down the video page and find the one that says "strongman competition" and "Fit to Fight/Bodybuilding" videos.

You will see that Ronnie Coleman was the guest poser last year.

Thanks,
HIGA
Is there a guest poser here this year?
or is that at a different time.
G, when I go to visit my Mom in Philly I am looking you up, love your articles.

Shukin

jrh0341
08-12-10, 10:21 am
Hey, so any of you guys still down here on Okinawa? The big contest amateur season just passed (Torii Beach comp, Pacific Muscle Classic, Far East BB Comp) this place has its fair share of dinosaur huge dudes around. Wondered if any body is posting here.

HIGA MONSTER
08-12-10, 10:50 am

Shukin
Shukin,
The "Central Japn BB Champs" usually happen before the Yokota Friendship Festival.
I'm not sure who the guest poser was this year.

Hey, so any of you guys still down here on Okinawa? The big contest amateur season just passed (Torii Beach comp, Pacific Muscle Classic, Far East BB Comp) this place has its fair share of dinosaur huge dudes around. Wondered if any body is posting here.
Haven't seen anyone from Okinawa man. Maybe back in the day. I would love to go there one day and check you guys out.
"Higa" is actually an Okinawan name. Would be cool to visit my family roots one day.

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
08-12-10, 10:55 am
Yup, they just had the "Central Japan Bodybuilding Championships" on Aug 1st.

http://www.yokota.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123215839

I fly out next Thursday 8/19 Shukin. Looking forward to meeting you and workout out at the ABC!
I got 5 airmen signed up for the ABC. You are going to love this gym. Its one of he best facilities I've ever seen.

HIGA MONSTER

G Diesel
08-12-10, 11:43 am

Shukin

No doubt bro. Hit me up.

Peace, G

Shukin
08-12-10, 7:34 pm
Yup, they just had the "Central Japan Bodybuilding Championships" on Aug 1st.

http://www.yokota.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123215839

I fly out next Thursday 8/19 Shukin. Looking forward to meeting you and workout out at the ABC!
I got 5 airmen signed up for the ABC. You are going to love this gym. Its one of he best facilities I've ever seen.

HIGA MONSTER
Nice, I arrive in Tokyo on the 20th in the early evening, and am staying at one of the hotels Pat had recommended. I am so looking forward to this, I have been a member of the forvm since 07 and have been wanting to attend an ABC or the cage ever since.
I will be in Osaka in September and there is a gym I work out in there, I will try to get something going......
Maybe we need a Japanese language forvm......

Shukin

Shukin
08-12-10, 8:12 pm
Any chance of you coming to the mainland? Are you stationed down there? Keep posting here to try and gather up momentum for Okinawa, it might take time, stick with it bro.

Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
08-13-10, 2:14 am
I will be in Osaka in September and there is a gym I work out in there, I will try to get something going......
Maybe we need a Japanese language forvm......

Shukin

Shukin,
There are 3 guys that come up every year from Osaka to compete in the "Yokota Strongman" at Friendship Festival.
You need to talk to them and try to hook up with them when we see each other next weekend.

I believe they workout at Gold's Gym, but don't quote me on that.
One of them is Matsubara-san. He's huge, but has no cardio.

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
08-13-10, 6:41 pm
Shukin,
There are 3 guys that come up every year from Osaka to compete in the "Yokota Strongman" at Friendship Festival.
You need to talk to them and try to hook up with them when we see each other next weekend.

HIGA MONSTER

Will Do

jrh0341
08-14-10, 12:55 am
Any chance of you coming to the mainland? Are you stationed down there? Keep posting here to try and gather up momentum for Okinawa, it might take time, stick with it bro.

Shukin

I don't foresee any mainland trips anytime soon, but there's a a lot of folks here hwho probably jsut odnt know about the forum yet. I'll pass the word around. With something like 9 bases on island, plus the locals, theres some size around here. Actually one of the pros lives over here too.

Shukin
08-15-10, 8:05 pm
I don't foresee any mainland trips anytime soon, but there's a a lot of folks here hwho probably jsut odnt know about the forum yet. I'll pass the word around. With something like 9 bases on island, plus the locals, theres some size around here. Actually one of the pros lives over here too.
Step by step....
How are things in Okinawa? I should plan a trip. If you do come to Hokkaido or Honshu let me know.
Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
08-15-10, 8:19 pm
I leave in 4 days Shukin!
See you soon bro!

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
08-15-10, 8:39 pm
I leave in 4 days Shukin!
See you soon bro!

HIGA MONSTER
Have a safe flight Higa san,
looking forward to the workout, an am seriously considering entering the contest, will need advices though.

Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
08-15-10, 9:10 pm
Have a safe flight Higa san,
looking forward to the workout, an am seriously considering entering the contest, will need advices though.

Shukin

I suggest you do the contest, because I will be there right by you to help out.
Corey St Clair is also a seasoned Pro Strongman and will gladly give great advice to you too Shukin.

So pack a bag and prepare for battle! I'm bringing some SHOCK THERAPY for you so that you can BRING THE PAIN!!

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
08-15-10, 9:15 pm
I suggest you do the contest, because I will be there right by you to help out.
Corey St Clair is also a seasoned Pro Strongman and will gladly give great advice to you too Shukin.

So pack a bag and prepare for battle! I'm bringing some SHOCK THERAPY for you so that you can BRING THE PAIN!!

HIGA MONSTER
Very Convincing Higa san,
I am getting mentally prepared, might even fight with my girlfriend before hand...lol..
What kind of shoes do you suggest?
Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
08-15-10, 9:21 pm
Very Convincing Higa san,
I am getting mentally prepared, might even fight with my girlfriend before hand...lol..
What kind of shoes do you suggest?
Shukin

We will be right on the tarmack of the Air Base, so its gonna be hot and humid.
Just bring a good pair of athletic shoes or comfortable boots.

Don't fight with your girlfriend...I can just slap your back a couple of times. LOL

HIGA

Shukin
08-15-10, 9:26 pm
Sounds like good fun, I'll wear my " I'm not here to talk" T-shirt
Gotta represent the forvm!

Shukin
08-18-10, 8:01 pm
I would guess you are in the air on your way to Japan Higa san.... I am looking forward to this ABC and strongman event, be safe talk to you soon.

Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
08-19-10, 12:14 am
I would guess you are in the air on your way to Japan Higa san.... I am looking forward to this ABC and strongman event, be safe talk to you soon.

Shukin

I fly out tomorrow afternoon bro! Finishing packing now...just packed my ANIMAL and UNIVERSAL banners in my suitcase for the ABC!

See you soon man. Its gonna be great! I also got my truck-pull harness in the suitcase for the Bus Pull we are doing. I'm gonna load up a shit load of people this year and pull that thing 100 feet!

HIGA-SAN

C.Coronato
08-19-10, 11:03 am
Have fun! Take pics! Lift big! Yeaaa buddy!

HIGA MONSTER
08-19-10, 2:59 pm
I'm off to the airport!

Corey St Clair and his wife already took off from LAX to Tokyo.
HIGA MONSTER is on his way...

"Godzilla, Ghidra, Mothra, HIGA MONSTER..."

Later!

naturalguy
08-19-10, 3:18 pm
I'm off to the airport!

Corey St Clair and his wife already took off from LAX to Tokyo.
HIGA MONSTER is on his way...

"Godzilla, Ghidra, Mothra, HIGA MONSTER..."

Later!

Be safe......................................to all those in Japan, look out Higa is coming, things will never be the same

Mr. Dead
08-19-10, 3:19 pm
I hope they hide the sushi...

Shukin
08-19-10, 5:30 pm
It will be a big Aloha welcome for Higa, I'll make sure of that.
I am off to the airport myself, just a 2hr flight for me to Tokyo.

Keep you all posted.
Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
08-20-10, 9:58 am
Just about to go to bed. Its almost 11:30pm here in Japan.
My flight was good...it only took me 9.5 hours to fly here from Seattle.

The ride to Yokota Air Base was not good...it took us 3 hours to get through Tokyo on Friday afternoon traffic.

Spoke to Shukin when I got on base, and we are good to go. Looking forward to meeting him!

Will post videos of the ABC tomorrow!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
08-20-10, 9:39 pm
Here is a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSV4Ka9tuU

Its funny, everytime I come to Yokota, we eat at this place every day!
To eat Spam & eggs, when I can do that at home in Seattle. WTF?

Countdown 3 hours to the ABC...

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
08-20-10, 9:42 pm
Off to the Base now for a 2pm JAPAN ABC !!! With Higa and some of the Air force guys, Hope I can hang with these guys.....

Gonna talk to the Osaka guys tomorrow about an Osaka ABC in September.

Peace,
Shukin

Shukin
08-22-10, 8:53 pm
I am about to check out of my hotel and head back up to Hokkaido, I just wanted to express my gratitude for Masters Higa and Cory.... Two massive yet very humble and down to earth guys. I learned so very much this weekend with them. I have the greatest respect for these two guys...True Professionals.

Shukin

Mr. Dead
08-22-10, 9:08 pm
Here is a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSV4Ka9tuU

Its funny, everytime I come to Yokota, we eat at this place every day!
To eat Spam & eggs, when I can do that at home in Seattle. WTF?

Countdown 3 hours to the ABC...

HIGA MONSTER

So... Do you really enjoy a good Philipino sausage...??? *LOL*

Mr. Dead
08-23-10, 5:04 pm
So... Do you really enjoy a good Philipino sausage...??? *LOL*

Should I take that silence, as a yes...??? *LOL*

Shukin
08-27-10, 10:14 pm
I have been in contact with some of the Japanese guys who competed in the strongman challenge, mostly Yoshii, the guy who won 2yrs in a row, I will keep networking with these guys to get other events going, ESPECIALLY with Japanese.....
I am going to Osaka in September and am going to hit up Gold's Gym there, a few guys from there were in the comp as well. I would love to see more Japanese involved.

Shukin

Shukin
10-01-10, 10:08 pm
If anyone is here or coming here feel free to contact me.
Looking for workout partners.....

Respect,
Shukin

C.Coronato
02-17-11, 4:25 pm

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

Shukin
02-17-11, 7:00 pm
I would LOVE to attend, but not going to happen this year.......

kc campbell
03-11-11, 4:30 am
Keeping you guys in my prayers.

Shukin
03-11-11, 7:54 am
Keeping you guys in my prayers.

Thanks Bro!
It's pretty crazy here.....Cell phones are down across the country. I am on Hokkaido the north island and the place shook pretty long.....Tsunami warnings and the Nuclear Power reactor cooling unit being broken is pretty F'n scary. No flights, trains.....Don't really know what to do to reach out and help.

Big D
03-11-11, 9:11 am
you guys are in our prayers over here on the east coast.

smoothballer
03-11-11, 9:18 am
My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Japan Animal Family

Bruiser
03-11-11, 9:23 am
Keep strong guys. Good luck

SailinScotty
03-11-11, 9:27 am
Hope all you Japan Animals and your family and friends are safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

HIGA MONSTER
03-11-11, 9:35 am
My wife woke me up last night to tell me that their was a quake.

I immediately emailed my friend Fernando Olsen who owns the "MX-Japan Nutrishop" on Yokota Air Base, and carries all of our Universal & Animal products.
This where Shukin and I took alot of pictures together for the Japan ABC last year.

He said,
"It was crazy bro. 3 minutes of shaking and it was incredible. Tokyo and Nagoya are ok, not so strong. But Sendai was obviously stronger. Everyone left home here at Yokota Air Base, but nothing serious. I appreciate it bro."

HIGA MONSTER

Bootleg
03-11-11, 10:11 am
I wish you brothers safety!

100jan
03-11-11, 1:19 pm
Stay strong Animal brothers...

Mr. Dead
03-11-11, 1:22 pm
Thanks Bro!
It's pretty crazy here.....Cell phones are down across the country. I am on Hokkaido the north island and the place shook pretty long.....Tsunami warnings and the Nuclear Power reactor cooling unit being broken is pretty F'n scary. No flights, trains.....Don't really know what to do to reach out and help.

Stay safe...

Bard of Rage
03-11-11, 1:24 pm
Wish I'd known there was an ABC in japan when I stationed at Yokota AFB. I hope everyone is well with the earthquake.

Shukin
03-11-11, 6:44 pm
8:34 am on Saturday, the day after, cell phones are still down across the country which makes finding out if people are okay or not that much more difficult since very very few people have land lines anymore.....I don't even know if they are working properly......will keep you guys posted on any updates from this side.

B.S.
03-11-11, 6:46 pm
hope everyone is safe. keeping you in my prayers.
was there any warning of a tsunami or immediate?

Shukin
03-11-11, 7:01 pm
hope everyone is safe. keeping you in my prayers.
was there any warning of a tsunami or immediate?

Tsunami warnings were immediate......one hit the coast of Hokkaido already but I think have moved out to sea.

FITGYM
03-11-11, 8:45 pm
Hope all is well Shukin...The pics on news are crazy....wow...

We are here for you

Shukin
03-17-11, 9:06 am
Don't know what to do.........should I get the hell out of dodge or is everything under control?
Westerners are fleeing the area, friends are making plans to get out. I am 800 kilometers from the plant, is that far enough?

Big D
03-17-11, 9:08 am
Don't know what to do.........should I get the hell out of dodge or is everything under control?
Westerners are fleeing the area, friends are making plans to get out. I am 800 kilometers from the plant, is that far enough?

fuckkk no. get the hell outta dodge

HIGA MONSTER
03-17-11, 10:16 am
I got an email from Fernando last night.

He said Pat is going to stay with him down in Nagoya for a few days since its way south of the Nuke plant. Yokota Air Base is going crazy with all that shit going on.

Stay safe bro and keep us posted.
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
03-17-11, 6:55 pm
I got an email from Fernando last night.

He said Pat is going to stay with him down in Nagoya for a few days since its way south of the Nuke plant. Yokota Air Base is going crazy with all that shit going on.

Stay safe bro and keep us posted.
HIGA MONSTER

Trying to remain calm and level headed, people around me are starting to panic and head back to Australia. Here is the latest by the US Warden, as of 3am on the 18th:

U.S. Government-arranged Transport within Asia

"The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo informs U.S. citizens in Japan who wish to depart that the Department of State is making arrangements to provide transportation to destinations in East Asia outside Japan.

U.S. law requires that we bill all passengers for the transportation assistance provided through the U.S. government. U.S. citizens who travel on U.S. government-arranged transport will be expected to make their own onward travel plans from their arrival point. Flights began departing Tokyo on Thursday, March 17. U.S. government-arranged transport will be available from Tokyo on the evening of Friday, March 18.

U.S. citizens who have decided to depart Japan via USG-arranged transportation will find current transportation options, as well as any future scheduled flights, on the Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami webpage at travel.state.gov."

So far it isn't a "get out" order, will they give that and will it be in enough time? I just registered my cell phone and email with them letting them know where I am encase things get worse........Really makes you think.
Gas prices have gone way up, the amount you can get is limited, other than that the Japanese are going about life as normal.
Does Animal make an Ignorance is bliss supplement?

C.Coronato
02-03-12, 10:45 am

Will you be there?

Saturday, March 3rd.

Training 7-830. Food 830-930

Metro Fitness
9 East Long St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614)228.8866

Who

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37245-Arnold-Classic-2012-National-ABC-Event

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

BornToKill21
02-06-12, 7:23 am
Been all around the Japan area for 3 years now, Okinawa, Iwakuni, Yokota AFB... Am stuck on Camp Foster in Okinawa and Gunners Gym Is my home.. If anyone is in the area wants to throw some heavy ass weight around lemme know

jcamacho
03-16-12, 8:25 am
hey whats up guys! Ive been living in sasebo for the last year. looking for some new people to work out with. om me whenever. im always down to workout with new folks

HIGA MONSTER
05-24-12, 11:52 am
I will be in Fussa, Japan on Aug. 17-20th.

Will be part of the "Yokota Strongman Challenge" and helping with that contest. Then doing a strongman demo with fellow pro strongman, Dan Harrison.

This is part of the "Friendship Festival" at Yokota Air Base.

If anyone in Japan is interested in doing an ABC with me at the Samurai Fitness Center on Yokota, please let me know.
I would like to do an ABC on Sat August 18, 2012.

This is where I met Shukin years ago, and he can tell you that it was a fuckin blast.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
05-24-12, 1:05 pm
I will be in Fussa, Japan on Aug. 17-20th.

Will be part of the "Yokota Strongman Challenge" and helping with that contest. Then doing a strongman demo with fellow pro strongman, Dan Harrison.

This is part of the "Friendship Festival" at Yokota Air Base.

If anyone in Japan is interested in doing an ABC with me at the Samurai Fitness Center on Yokota, please let me know.
I would like to do an ABC on Sat August 18, 2012.

This is where I met Shukin years ago, and he can tell you that it was a fuckin blast.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER
Do you need a translator for this event? Too bad I can't make it this year because of my work commitment. If any one is in Japan, north, south, east or west, make the trip. The event is amazing, Samurai Fitness is way cool, and the post workout meal is a taste of home. The group competing in the comp is all heart, they are serious about strongman growing in Japan, a great bunch of guys. The people watching are also incredibly supportive, and the people watching is also worth it.

If I could i would make the trip again this year, but unfortunately the timing doesn't work. Check Rakuten for cheap hotels in the area, I got a place with free internet for wicked cheep.

Bard of Rage
05-24-12, 9:48 pm
Na Yokota AFB is an American Air Force base so it'll be english speaking predominantly.

HIGA MONSTER
06-27-12, 12:37 pm
Its a go.

HIGA MONSTER already bought his ticket to Tokyo and I spoke to my friend in Japan last night.

Yokota Air Base and the "Samurai Fitness Center" is proud to host an ABC with me during the "Friendship Festival".
The base is getting a sign up list in the gym as we speak so that we can get a count of some Airmen to come workout with HIGA MONSTER and pro strongman, Dan Harrision (California).

Dan and I will be helping with the "Yokota Strongman Challenge" on Sunday 8/19.
Then we will be doing some lifting demonstrations and pulling a bus full of Japanese nationals on the tarmack.

Ask Shukin...this is no joke. I met him years ago at the Japan ABC and encouraged him to workout with me and Corey St Clair. The rest is history...

Any ANIMALS out there in Japan or Okinawa, hit me up and let me know if you are able to attend!
Over 100,000 people pass through the gates of Yokota Air Base for this weekend. Its fuckin bananas!

For more info, check out the links below:
https://www.facebook.com/YokotaFriendshipFestival

http://www.stripes.com/news/more-than-100-000-expected-at-yokota-friendship-festival-1.151772?localLinksEnabled=false

http://www.yokota.af.mil/

"Banzai!"
HIGA MONSTER