PDA

View Full Version : Worst fucking thing about my gym is...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Maccabee
02-14-07, 11:04 pm
Getting kicked out of a gym for grunting, damn those stupid bastards. That is so disrespectful I wanna see them squat 500 and not fuckin grunt.

vik
02-14-07, 11:47 pm
wow man if you can ever kick some out of a gym for grunting its is a mest up world out there brothers. what the hell is a muscle head.

curifer66
02-15-07, 12:29 am
After reading this article I had to do some investigating of this place. So I go on the website and look at customer testimonials. The very first one points out how the place is great because their are no bodybuilders grunting or groaning in the place. Why do they have pick out bodybuilders. I see people who are not bodybuilder grunting and groaning all the time. Fucking discrimination.

The Butcher
02-15-07, 12:38 am
After reading this article I had to do some investigating of this place. So I go on the website and look at customer testimonials. The very first one points out how the place is great because their are no bodybuilders grunting or groaning in the place. Why do they have pick out bodybuilders. I see people who are not bodybuilder grunting and groaning all the time. Fucking discrimination.

Haha, i think that is because to most of the world anyone that picks up anything bigger than a 10 lb. dumbbell is a "Bodybuilder". Very sad but very true...As being discouraged for grunting, thats just fucking stupid. People need to get off their asses and realize that for anything to be made better then there is freaking work to be done.

karmazon
02-15-07, 3:09 am
Guess what, Planet Fitness bought World gym.

k1usa
02-15-07, 5:39 am
Im training at a Fitness 19 in Fremont Ca...now for 8 months...and I make noise..and talk to the weights...and say things after my lifts...I get very motivated....and grunt...and because Im 53...seems like no one fucks with me...the young jocks...see what Im pushing...the out of shape guys half my age see how Im in the gym 2 times a day...the teens see how Im their parents age and kill the iron....and they just let me be....Im polite and stop to help some stupid fuckers do things right....and not hurt themselves...but I get left alone....they see the game face...and I make no eye contact with them...its all about me and not them. One time a older lady was holding her ears while I was lifting....she said I was loud....I told her I make noise doing lots of things that Im passionate about...and she left me alone. lets just do our things guys....its our turn.....its our iron....

vik
02-15-07, 12:31 pm
Im training at a Fitness 19 in Fremont Ca...now for 8 months...and I make noise..and talk to the weights...and say things after my lifts...I get very motivated....and grunt...and because Im 53...seems like no one fucks with me...the young jocks...see what Im pushing...the out of shape guys half my age see how Im in the gym 2 times a day...the teens see how Im their parents age and kill the iron....and they just let me be....Im polite and stop to help some stupid fuckers do things right....and not hurt themselves...but I get left alone....they see the game face...and I make no eye contact with them...its all about me and not them. One time a older lady was holding her ears while I was lifting....she said I was loud....I told her I make noise doing lots of things that Im passionate about...and she left me alone. lets just do our things guys....its our turn.....its our iron....

yea its likes that down here in coronas fitness 19 i like it a lot.

Coach Fowler
02-15-07, 12:51 pm
Ya need to be at my gym. Florida Keys. Fenced in concrete slab under a big tent (tent comes down during hurricanes). Make as much noise as you want to. The closest neighbors are the mosquitos back in the mangrove swamp. However, I do limit the membership to 25 ppl. I don't want to have to wait while doing my sets...

deeder
02-15-07, 1:47 pm
yea man, i heard about that dude getting kicked out the gym. Thats pretty stupid. You are going to kick out a member who is going to your gym and paying you money. The people running that gym are terrible at running a business.

On the contrary. They are great at running a business! They promise their clients a non-threatening environment with no meat heads. Some people are intimidated by the big guys "grunting and groaning" or find it distracting while they read cosmo on the treadmill.

While you may not agree with it, these gyms are appealing to a certain demographic. They do not want US there. They'd rather have the folks that come once or twice a week (if even that often) and put very little stress on their equipment. It makes the facility easier to maintain.

Everyone talks about how we need more "hardcore gyms". Problem is that they are not financially feasible for the most part. You simply cannot attract enough people in most places to maintain a "hardcore gym".

Get a power rack and a bench for your basement and you're well on your way to having your own gym where you can grunt, scream, fart, lift naked, etc.

Padre
02-17-07, 2:13 pm
Ha, at my skool theres a lotta shit talkers. See um in the gym after skool, and they just stand around. I hate people like that! They get in the way.

I think you need to spend more time in school.

lord boltron
02-17-07, 5:03 pm
FUCKING SWISS BALLS!!!! Every goddamn where in my gym are swiss balls, and balance boards and god knows what else those stupid ass things are called, the worst part is, there is an ACTUAL area for these things to be used, but for some reason all these guys like to bring em all in the weight room and do ridiculous push-up popping-jump-up, freakin i-Dont-know-whats off em all over the place!!

Last thing i need is to be tripping over rubber balls when im trying to carry some big ass dumbells over to my work area.

jac71
02-17-07, 7:14 pm
The fact that there is an elevator and valet parking. That's not the worst part though the worst part is that people actually use them...ain't that some shit?!?!

IronMissouri
02-18-07, 12:45 am
I fucking hate the music too. It sucks. I put my wire in my mouth when I lift

Run the wire under your shirt, that should work better.

I work out at a community center in my city. It's not too bad as far as the weights and machines go. The worst part is the dumbass high school kids (don't get me wrong, i'm in highschool too) who come in when the weightroom at school is closed. I never work out in the school gym, because everyone in there is either fucking retarded,or thinks they are the baddest dudes in the whole world, using straps on everything they can, and only lifting about half their body weight.

But what's worse is when someone new comes in and looks at me like I am one of those "dumbass high school kids"

USMC_Muscle
02-18-07, 1:15 am
yea i agree with whats everyone is saying. the one i hate the most is when they use one piece of equipment then their buddies come in and they spend the next 45 mins talking w them and taking up space and it turns into a lounge and not a gym. I wont say what branch does that. there are a lot of shit i hate about other ppl in the gym n i think the rest of you guys already said them. oh yea one more thing those same motherfuckers that come in and do the same damn routine and bodypart every fuckn day. can anyone guess what bodypart that is....fuckn arms. morons man for real

stumblin54
02-18-07, 1:45 am
Square pies that are hard to DL with...

Stumblin

Frank_The_Tank
02-18-07, 1:59 am
Square pies that are hard to DL with...

Stumblin

WOw that is crazy. I've never seen square plates before. Can you take a picture?

Anoby
02-18-07, 11:28 am
ppl who think its funny to put rlly small weight on benching or curling and act like its rlly hard as though its funny after the 10000 time

D-Bomb
02-18-07, 12:50 pm
lol i love the guys who are my age who get a gang of 6-7 guys and start benching. this is the list of totally wrong things they do.

-put feet on the bench, no stability
-push without feeling the muscle, in other words the sky is the limit the just throw the weights anywhere they can.
-stay on the same weight for however many sets.

dbbeast
02-18-07, 1:45 pm
The baseball players that load up the bar to only do quarter squats and then walk away like they accomplished something.

The dinosaur of a strength coach that tries to make me move racks so his group of players can all lift in a big group

The fucking rap that gets played on the stereo.

listen...baseball players are a diffirent breed of lifters....i used to be one till i hurt my shoulder...we lift special ways in order to prevent injuries. we can't bench to our chest, can't squat all the way down and you'll never catch us doing milllitary press. that has all changed for me but go easy on the ball players. they're the farthest thing from bodybuildrs on the face of the planet

dbbeast
02-18-07, 1:57 pm
I fucking hate the music too. It sucks. I put my wire in my mouth when I lift

put your wire up through your shirt that was if it falls out of your ears it just hangs off your collar.

kraayzee
02-18-07, 2:14 pm
There are people seating on the bench and talking on the cell phone between sets.

I don't get it.

Leave your cell fhones in a truck, unless your wife is about to have a baby and you really have to be there. NO CELL PHONES this is the gym, the dunjon, the dog pound.

kraayzee
02-18-07, 2:18 pm
WOw that is crazy. I've never seen square plates before. Can you take a picture?

I think they are more of a octagon then a square

kraayzee
02-18-07, 9:29 pm
Three words...New Year's rush.

Yeah I have to agree with this one, but one more is the Monday rush it just seems that on monday everybody works out and then the gym dies down by Thursday

Phenom
02-19-07, 1:46 pm
I can go forever in this thread. My University gym sucks because

1. People just shoot the shit w/ their buddies on a machine...and takes them AT LEAST half an hour to do an excercise. (therefore I purchased a "shut the fuck up and train" shirt) for that reason
2. 30 Max Occupancy (yes sadly, if it is jammed, I have to wait in line, just to get into the gym, nevermind waiting more for a squat rack.
3. Assholes that dont clean up after themselves.

I could go on but this is enough. Lata

wolf
02-20-07, 5:03 pm
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_305235233.html

i joined one when it was a world's gym, then i went back 6 months later, to find out that the dumbbells only went up to 65 lbs....

Yikes! Was it a Curves fer Xris' sake? I'm female and have pushed bigger dumb bells than that.

It really just blows my mind, the belligerent attitude of a certain portion of the population that wants to control everyone else. It reminds me of a Kurt Vonnegut Short story I read in school, but whose title eludes me. No one expects everyone to be able to lift a billion pounds - I think what Lifters respect most isn't the weight - it's the EFFORT. If you're struggling with that 10 pounder and putting forth a valient effort - I applaud you - same for the guy with the 150's - if he's pushing for all he's worth - Amen! If he's talking on his cell phone - what a waste of time and potential.

Edited to add the name of the story: "Harrison Bergeron"

Phenom
02-20-07, 9:13 pm
I go to Planet Fitness in Shelton, CT. It has yet to go off, but it literally insults me while I'm lifting. One of the main reasons I lift in my school's much better equipped weight room instead and only go there to run.

hey man i lft there sometimes. but mainly the trumbull or orange gym. if you can call it that nowadays

brutal
02-20-07, 10:11 pm
I usually don't have complaints about my gym. I go here, though, because there's no way in hell I'll lift at the school rec center unless it's 6 AM. people at the rec -

1) don't lift. they sit around and fucking talk to their boys about the girls on the cardio. get over it.

2) don't know what to do. It's like watching a dog trying to fuck a porcupine. They look so lost.

3) piss me off. if you put everything you hate into one room, it's the rec center at my school. I don't know how the true lifters there do it.

Today at my gym though, I thought I was going to lose it. It was ridiculous in there.

1) Two scrawny kids doin some plate raises were passing a plate instead of using one each. Why? There's lots of plates in the weight room kid. What were they doing to pass the time? Pulling their shirts up and flexing in the mirror, then playing with this stick like it was a weapon or some shit. I about went over there and broke it over the kids head.

2) This guy comes in maybe once a month. Probably weighs 100 lbs, max. First off, all his clothes match, like he got home and picked out what he was going to wear. It's not just gym clothes either, it's some brand name shit. It's so ridiculous and you can tell the kid thinks he's a fucking stallion with the chicks. When he comes into the gym, he does chest and arms. He leaves his weights right in the middle of the walkway and goes to get water after every set.

I was unbelieveably pissed off in the weight room today, to say the least.

mgmmaze
02-21-07, 11:19 am
If you guys read the newest muscluar devlopment they have a article about the noise thing in there. It also talks about how people cant reach there true max with out yelling. So ya check it out guys but as usasal that Mag has a shitload of info anyway Peace brothers.

wedge
02-21-07, 2:45 pm
I got a pamphlet for Planet Fitness in the mail the other day. The membership costs seemed too good to be real. Come to find out, they are.
I was talking to a friend who knows people who go there and who has watched me lift on occasion. First thing out of his mouth-"Your kinds not welcome there."
After reading what people have said here I believe it.
And I'm fucking proud that my "kind" is not welcome there.

"Earning the right to call myself an Animal with each rep"

Gunshow
03-01-07, 1:18 am
1) The fucking music sucks
2) DEFINATELY old guys who hate to wear clothes, there is guys at my gym who are like 90 years old and they spend 2 hours walking around the changeroom naked doing fuck all. I go to relax in the sauna for a few minutes after cardio and the first thing i see is a wrinkly dick looking me right in the face. its not normal, wear a towel or something fuck.
3) Guys who are a year younger than me(i'm 17) who are on fucking roids. theres abunch of them in my school and they dont know shit all about cycling or stacking roids and theyre obviously way too young. Do some fucking research and roids wont be too exciting right now. You'll be super happy when you're 23 y/o and your body can't produce testosterone because you went on a endless cycle of deca and dbol with no anti-estrogens or anything. good call you fucking dumbass. plus i see the hard work that i've been doing for the last year, busting my ass 6 days a week, and these fucking kids are lifting bigger weights than me, o well, have fun with your steroids.

Light_Weight
03-01-07, 2:17 am
I work out at a university gym and the people who work there know nothing at all about life nevermind lifting. First i am not allowed to carry arround a bag... so i must hold my chalk, gloves, staps, and hoodie when im not using it because if it touches the floor its a fire hazard. secondly if my weight is not clamped its as if i was trying to convert the place into communists, this woman who weighted about 210 comes waddleing over screaming to clamp a weight... lady im on a smith machine i dont see how it is going to go anywhere, her responce well its my gym so u can leave... like you ever use the gym. Thirdly its the week b4 spring break and there are so many people who ive never seen b4 hogging every piece of equipment there is... but the thing that takes the cake has to be the kids who come up 2 u and say "yo dude i could be as big as you if i worked out every once in a while or i was once stronger than you but i took a week off" "ok kid here is the deal your 6'4 and weight in at about 95 lbs if ya got nothing to say that is remotely worth listening to just stop.

Erik
03-02-07, 11:05 pm

there's the full story w/ a video clip.

i joined one when it was a world's gym, then i went back 6 months later, to find out that the dumbbells only went up to 65 lbs.
my dad saw the envelope one time in the mail, and was like "what the hell is a judgement free zone? What, are they outta Cambridge?

the world's going downhilll, what with all the obesity beign the rate that it is.
people dont want hard wok, they want instant results... and they dont understand that to work hard, sometimes you have to exhert noise.

Did they take out the heavy dumbells when they switched over? Joe Gold must be spinning in his grave.

LuvsThePain
03-02-07, 11:52 pm
No grunting huh. HA.. I couldn't keep myself from grunting if I tried. What freaking joke.

Dingo
03-08-07, 10:42 am
for Universal to sponsor/franchise out "ANIMAL" gyms, this forum is proof enough that there is a following and a market for it.
I'm atleast lucky enough that my gym doesn't care right now,10.80 a month dues, not a ton of people, no one messes with you, most of the guys all watch out incase you need help. LIfetime fitness stole most of the members away which is fine with me. as long as the doors stay open....

Mike Honcho
03-08-07, 5:32 pm
I just checked out their website, and I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to work out or even walk inside a gym with purple and yellow weights and machines. I think you have to check your balls in at the door when you go in there. Pussies.

TufffGuY
03-08-07, 5:51 pm

there's the full story w/ a video clip.

i joined one when it was a world's gym, then i went back 6 months later, to find out that the dumbbells only went up to 65 lbs.
my dad saw the envelope one time in the mail, and was like "what the hell is a judgement free zone? What, are they outta Cambridge?

the world's going downhilll, what with all the obesity beign the rate that it is.
people dont want hard wok, they want instant results... and they dont understand that to work hard, sometimes you have to exhert noise.

i would of bitch slapped that manager out of the gym then finished my set

SSGTChuck
03-09-07, 7:30 am
If they wanna practice "noise control" how about a little less bubblegum crappy assed pop music and wannabe hip hop??

hjayss
03-09-07, 7:39 am
I have never heard of that I grunted like a mutha fiinally back on my deads broke my personal high and the next door neaighbrs had to hear me ha ha ha .
We need to have an animal gym brothers ha ha ha .

rjs
03-09-07, 7:51 am
A gym I checked out had a Bar in it.Yes It served alcohol and even had neon beer signs in it.

that's just wrong

Torque757
03-09-07, 2:36 pm
Ya need to be at my gym. Florida Keys. Fenced in concrete slab under a big tent (tent comes down during hurricanes). Make as much noise as you want to. The closest neighbors are the mosquitos back in the mangrove swamp. However, I do limit the membership to 25 ppl. I don't want to have to wait while doing my sets...

Man I would LOVE to be a member at a gym like that. Although I have kinda started enjoying seeing the looks of bewilderment and wonder from the "average folk" when I work out...

Its hard to beleive there is ACTUALLY a place like "planet come here to stay as meadocre and avereage with out haveing to feel bad watching peaple actully work and push themeleves fitness"

Only one word comes to mind when I think of these peaple... FUCKTARDS

Maharg
03-09-07, 5:20 pm
If you watch the video it says no dead lifting either. And i think it said something about no dropping the dumbbells. I have family who goes to a planet fitness just cause its behind their house and i think the next time I am there I am going into there with a do-rag(banned) and deadlift and just screw around in there and grunt all i can.

quiksilver
03-13-07, 11:34 am
the jackasses who load up plates, do 1 set and walk away for 20 mins. Then, when i figure "oh they're done" they come back and are like "i was still using that" when their ass was across the gym watching tv and chatting it up w/ everyone.

i'm no longer nice to those people.. the usual answer is "tough shit. you can have it when i'm done"

OH, and being told to "set that down quieter" riiiiiiiight.. YOU set down 400+ lbs "quietly". Thats what Rubber Floors are for.

damn 24hr fitness... i wish i could start my own gym.

LOL this entire statement could not be more true! Arbalest, you have nailed exactly what it is like training at every 24 hour fitness I have ever been to.

Hikeon3
03-13-07, 12:01 pm
1. There are two places to squat in the entire gym and usually it is occupied by a 16 year old skinny who insists that curling the bar in the rack is going to turn his arm bones into cannons.

2. The trainers, who scam people with fat wallets into paying hefty sums just to be taught useless swiss ball exercises and can't tell me the base weight of any bars or machines in the entire gym.

3. The music. My God. If I have to do inclines while listening to "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson one more time, I'm shoving the bar through the cheap ass drywall and tearing the wiring system clean out.

Which reminds me...

4. The cheap ass drywall! Every time I put a bar in the corner to do T-Bars I swear I come close to putting the bar through the wall. I don't wanna pay for that shit.

This is at my 24 hours fitness, of course. There is a better gym nearby called "Hard Bodies" that is owned by some bodybuilder guy and a bunch of kickboxers, but my girlfriend just joined 24 hours fitness and she says she will feel like she joined for nothing if we can't go together. She just runs on the treadmill while I'm downstairs lifting anyways. She's scared of the weightroom. Not sure why she cares at all, actually...

EDIT: Another thing... Nobody ever, ever says "yes" when I ask them if they will sit on my back while I do donkey calf raises. WTF is that about?

Jaymafin
03-13-07, 12:13 pm
OVER 6000 members

squattingtillipuke
03-13-07, 1:46 pm
Preface - I lift at the local YMCA...they just build a new one, the old Y had more of a hardcore weightroom, it was down in the basement and you needed a key to get in...and no fucking kids were allowed. Loved it.

1) I hate all the teenage little shits that weigh 125 lbs and walk around thinking that they own the place.

2) Nothing gets me in the mood to lift more than to get done with a set and sit up on the bench and see a 500 lb lady in a moo-moo on a treadmill.

3) Lazy fucks that don't rack their shit back up.

4) Watching a person get direction from a "trainer" that looks like they are worse shape than the person getting the session.

5) Having someone who is doing db curls with 20's and using thier back tell me that my form isn't very good.

6) Why in the fuck is the Animal Planet on the television in the weight room. Give me some metallica blaring or put on something showing some T&A!!!!!

7) Tell grandpa that although I think that it is great he is lifting at his age, that the bench is for benching, not db work...use the flat benches for that so someone else can use the bench for what it was designed for.

Sorry, I digress.

Peace

jhicks3301
03-13-07, 1:52 pm
People that don't rack their own fucking weights.... Nothing pisses me off more than these kids will put a 45lb plate, maybe 1 25lb, maybe three 5lbs weights and won't put the shit back.. they will just walk away.. You lift back, but the shit back

Or when people move the benches around and then I walk in and they are all over the fucking place.. or all put in one corner...

Padre
03-13-07, 5:41 pm
OVER 6000 members

DAMN!
Where the hell is this gym so I can avoid it!

Sounds like being at a overseas gym while on tour.

Painaholic
03-13-07, 10:05 pm
I hate people who have bad form and put on too much weight so they dont look stupid

jeff00z28
03-13-07, 10:45 pm
howabout them idiots that fill up their waterbottle at the fountain for 5 minutes while u are wating for a drink about to pass out

Padre
03-14-07, 6:14 pm
howabout them idiots that fill up their waterbottle at the fountain for 5 minutes while u are wating for a drink about to pass out

Why don't you take a water bottle with you?

Erik
03-17-07, 9:37 am
I trained at Strong and Shapely gym the other day, They have dumbells up to 250, fat bars, chains, power racks and every kind of machine you can think of. The place is owned By IFBB offical Bob Bonham. If anyone here is ever in jersey, check this place out, It is a lifters paradise :].

Erik
03-17-07, 9:38 am
I trained at Strong and Shapely gym the other day, They have dumbells up to 250, fat bars, chains, power racks and every kind of machine you can think of. The place is owned By IFBB offical Bob Bonham. If anyone here is ever in jersey, check this place out, It is a lifters paradise :].

Oh yeah, grunting AND chalk are both allowed!

Giant Killer
03-17-07, 10:49 am
In my elementary school we had a stoplight in the cafeteria. When the kids would get too loud, the light would turn from green to yellow (OH NO, warning!), then if the kids got real loud it would turn red and a loud ass alarm would go off and we would have to have quiet time for 5 minutes.

This sounds a lot like that and equally as fucking juvenile of a concept.

aznlifter
03-18-07, 5:10 am
Victor Martinez on MD TV: "As long as its not a planet fitness...perfect. They would kick me out, you know, because of all my short sleeves and stuff, you know? For slammin' the weight, probably kick me out for that too. I'd like to know who's in charge of kicking you out of Planet Fitness...THAT WOULD BE A GOOD WRESTLING MATCH...hehe, BOGUS ASS GYM."

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/356/129/

Korg
03-18-07, 6:19 am
Dudes, thats nothing. At my gym they have a cosmetics shop. What the fuck?!?

pfelder
03-19-07, 1:33 am
there is a guy that i see in the gym. he walks in, loads up a bench or machine. then the fucker stands there. just looking at the weight thinking somehow if he looks at it long enough he will get bigger. he walks away and acts like he just lifted a house. then he just leaves everything ont he rack for someone that actually is working out to take care of his shit. just want to knock his ass out before he hits the door.

Xraided831
03-19-07, 6:14 am
1) Guys go in there thinking they could score on some of the women. Dumbasses waste their time thinkin they are going to score!! ...Yeah right!!

2)Guys running their mouths off asking stupid ass questions like "Do you workout a lot"?

3) People who stands next to you staring and trying to compete with you, like I give a fuck!!!

4) People that put cologne or perfume before they workout in the gym??? Why the fuck do they do that???

5)This is got to be the worst: Old ass people walking in the locker room butt ass naked.... Motherfucker ever heard of a towel!!! I really don't want to see your shit !!!

So sorry bothaz if I sounded angry.... These types of people just gets on my nerves... Thank God for headphones!!! lol

Brute Strength
03-19-07, 10:57 am
seriously, thers one thing in the entire world that really pisses me off, i know there are teenagers that have the ego thing and just show off. But im 15 and i don't do that shit. So anybody just say some teenagers or the majority of teens. Something else because there are true teen bodybuilders out there. Don't pin it on all of us. Cause your really putting use guys down, now where is the encouragement in all of that. Now thats not being an Animal that being an ass. I get enough shit at at school with people saying that i'll never be that big. Fuck you man i know i can do it. JUST WATCH!

JakeHump
03-19-07, 12:51 pm
Missing pins..where the hell do they go?

oh, and guys (no offense if any of you are one of these guys..I would hope not if your a part of this thread), that make a load of noise and are not lifting worth a dam to be making so much noise in the first place.

I have this one guy at my gym who comes in like clockwork, does bicep curls with 25lb db's and starts grunting and throwing weights around like he owns the place. This drives me mad! What do I do, I grab the 30's and pump out my set right next to him, quiet as a mouse. It gets him to move about 10ft from wherever I am standing.

LOL i know exactly how you feel, i do the same thing.

Rhetoric
03-19-07, 2:10 pm
The fact that they recently devoted 1/3 of the floor space to "Sport Specifiic Training" (i.e. the kind of bullshit where goof-ass trainers have people do things like run lines while doing jumping jacks or perform one-legged dumbell squats while standing on a medicine ball), which means that they had to get rid of 4 benches and a leg press machine. Oh yeah, and they got rid of all dumbells over 100 lbs. because its only the "big, intimidating people who use them and they'd rather not have those people there anyway." Keep in mind that I am a member of the most well-known gym chain in the world... the one that's supposed to have roots in bodybuilding. What's their name again?...

Mikey J
03-19-07, 2:30 pm
no particular order:

I lift at a YMCA (closet / cheapest) to me, all the damn kids. It's scary when i'm on the bench and a 8 yr old kid wondered his way in and is 12 inches from my face when doing sets

Posers - all sorts, money doesn't buy fitness, but it does buy fancy work out cloths and special K protein water

The strange looks i get cause i don't have fancy work out cloths, i think i have one clean white t-shirt i wear, other than beaters' n such

high school kids that come to hang out

old people who wanna talk and share stories cause i'm a young guy in the marine corps ( i love our seniors, and to those who have served, but seriously, lets get coffee at mcdonalds and talk later, i'd love to, but not at the gym when i wanna lift)

the owner - she thinks she's doing everyone a favor for letting them come to this gym

broken / shitty equipment

Maharg
03-19-07, 3:24 pm
no particular order:

the owner - she thinks she's doing everyone a favor for letting them come to this gym

broken / shitty equipment

Dude i didn't know the lady who owns my gym owns another one.

fultz2400
04-03-07, 8:09 pm
Its a good thing that i found this site because my gym is the least motivating gym i have ever seen. It takes an extreme amount of focus to bang out squats with n sync blasting in the background. no thats not an exaggeration, they play that shit. they also have signs with rules like "dont drop or handle weights roughly", "students with a trainer have priority on all equiptment", "20 minutes per exercise", or my personal favorite "no profanity or intimidating behavior." this site has given me the extra motivation i need to block out the shitty atmosphere of my gym and get to business. i cant wait for summer when i go home and get to a real gym. untill then ill have to use my hatred for the shit that goes on in my gym as my motivation.

anyone elses college have pussy gyms like mine?

Erik
04-03-07, 8:14 pm
Its a good thing that i found this site because my gym is the least motivating gym i have ever seen. It takes an extreme amount of focus to bang out squats with n sync blasting in the background. no thats not an exaggeration, they play that shit. they also have signs with rules like "dont drop or handle weights roughly", "students with a trainer have priority on all equiptment", "20 minutes per exercise", or my personal favorite "no profanity or intimidating behavior." this site has given me the extra motivation i need to block out the shitty atmosphere of my gym and get to business. i cant wait for summer when i go home and get to a real gym. untill then ill have to use my hatred for the shit that goes on in my gym as my motivation.

anyone elses college have pussy gyms like mine?
Thats pretty bad! My gym plays crappy music too, but at least we have some serious lifters there.

fultz2400
04-03-07, 8:21 pm
we have a handful of serious lifters at our gym too but since our membership costs only 60 dollars a year and we have 40,000 students you have more than your share of socializers, once a weekers, and most common are the people who do arms and abs every day of the week. next year i'm just going to shell out the extra cabbage to join a non university related gym.

k1usa
04-03-07, 8:22 pm
find a better gym.......then train hard....

I can train with barry fucken manalo playing.....just train

DRIVEN
04-03-07, 11:12 pm
uhmm how about the stupid motherfucker that stole my bench last nite doin shoulders when my weights were clearly sitting right in front of it, ignorant monday lifters

gerry
04-04-07, 12:47 am
I hear the y'all. The worst I think is when I hear people say I just want to get tone, or I want to just be in shape. I just want to tell them, "Listen jackass you are in shape. A very bad on at that. You wanna get toned, go join curves." These are the same people who look at me and think he's gone mental because he talks to himself to get through a set. I don't have a spotter most of the time so I have to motivate myself. That's what I do! They wanna get toned, go buy a Richard Simmons fucking tape!!!!

Drake
04-04-07, 12:58 am
I lift at the local ymca and the university gym. The worst thing is that a group of young kids will come in a jack around on the equipment. At the university its mostly guys who are there to tell the girls "Yeah i went and worked out today" when in reality they just walk in front of the mirror back and forth and spend most of there time bullshitting to their buddies and trying to pick up some ass. When all they are doing is getting in my way.

LegDay_UKIGS
04-04-07, 2:13 am
Worst is trying to do dumbbell presses when the ship is rocking... 100lb DB's are a WHOLE lot togher when you're rocking...

dIdDy
04-04-07, 2:41 am

oh, and guys (no offense if any of you are one of these guys..I would hope not if your a part of this thread), that make a load of noise and are not lifting worth a dam to be making so much noise in the first place.

I have this one guy at my gym who comes in like clockwork, does bicep curls with 25lb db's and starts grunting and throwing weights around like he owns the place. This drives me mad! What do I do, I grab the 30's and pump out my set right next to him, quiet as a mouse. It gets him to move about 10ft from wherever I am standing.

LOL, I wonder what he's thinking!

Grock
04-04-07, 7:26 am
EVERY person in my gym looks at you like your an idiot for wanting to get down and dirty and lift balls to the wall to try and become the best youself can be; becuase your not tryin to chat with them and kiss ass with the trainers!

Everyday you have to test yourself. If not, it's a wasted day.

Pain is nothing more than weakness leaving the body.

ghost
04-04-07, 9:26 am
find a better gym.......then train hard....

I can train with barry fucken manalo playing.....just train

HELL YES!
thank you k1.

want to know the worst thing about my gym?? i have to move my weights from my apartment to my gfs house....thats it. lol.

Risk
04-04-07, 9:26 am
When people ask what I'm doing when I do GHR's or pull throughs, any little chit chat shits me. If i'm working in with you I may talk a little if you ask a smart enough question, if not STFU and load the plates.

Jimmy
04-05-07, 6:07 pm
damn assholes load up the leg press with about 12 plates a side, squeeze out some quarter reps and walk away. i gotta pull all that shit off just so i can start warmin up.

PowerBuilder
04-05-07, 6:17 pm
i hate... hate... when people stare at me when im wearing a beater or something ... i just wanna be like stop looking at me its not gonna make you any bigger worry about yoursefl what the fuck are you doing staring lift some weight..

jeff00z28
04-06-07, 1:52 am
i have a new thing i hate most. It seems the bigger i get the more haters i have. theres always some guys givin me a dirty look. I train harder than them hitting everything rather than neglecting legs and back and i gave up alcohol so of course im going to make more gains than them

k1usa
04-06-07, 7:33 am
the trainers at my gym..one in particular...that seems to always think that when Im on a machine...or bench...she always comes up to me and asks...."are you using this"..its like...."gee...what the fuck you think" Somehow this trainer thinks that she takes priority over everything...even when she is working out herself..she seems to think its her gym..so..the other day I reminded her when she would not move aside for a minuite so I could finish one last set of cable cross's...."that the members have a schedule to keep...for home...for work...and the worker bees at the gym work there and can workout anytime...." she got the point and got reall catty...go figure...but it just kills me....as I told my girlfriend last monday..."watch this...Ill walk up to the machine...and Ill bet you 100 bucks she will come up with a 350 punder and ask me if Im using the machine...and she did......oh well....my "shut the fuck up and train": shirt seems to have an affect on her....its like bug repellent...maybe we should have one shirt saying added to the list...."yea...Im fucken using this bench...now go away"...

fun times....

Millhouse
04-06-07, 8:49 am
I live in MinneSNOWta...I lift in my garage. Warming up on the bike in the house then putin on the sweats to lift and keep warm in Dec and Jan. I have to keep the rest short or I get a little cold !

Lava Lizard
04-06-07, 9:21 am
There is a group of 3 guys that my Bro and I call the 3 Musketeers, and when they show up....."LADIES AND GENTELMAN" enjoy the show.

1st of all the ring leader is a over zealous little guy who thinks he knows everything and the other 2 look up to him as if he is some kind of GURU. Their form is almost always wrong and its just sad... Ohhh and they seem to work out the same muscle group 2 maybe 3 times a wk.

And don't try suggesting anything....in one ear out the other.

Vision
04-06-07, 10:17 am
There's one type of guy that I can't stand....the guy that usually comes in with some designer outfit that looks like it was painted on him its so tight who starts mean mugging when I'm using a bench next to the girl he wants to talk to. Can't stand that shit...just shut the fuck up and train.

DreamZero
04-06-07, 10:50 am
the "it's everybody's gym" attitude. Of course it is, but there is some ethics and respect to be kept in.

I was loading a H bar with 2 50 plates to do some skullcrushers, and god knows these are a pain in the ass to rack. Then that little girly boy comes in with 22lbs dbs and asks for the bench. Im asking him politely to use one of the 3 other free benches just feets away. He insists that he is using THIS bench. I just took my plates and the bar 2 feets away swearing. He was still glaring at me while doing his 1 legged leg press. That whuss gave me the best tri pump ever.

Argos
04-06-07, 10:52 am
People who leave their stuff, walk away and talk shit, then come back 20 minutes later just as you are cleaning the weights to use them...and are like "I was using that"

Torque757
04-06-07, 11:41 am
Scrawny little fucks, the kind that put more emphasis on "auxillary" lifts than the real lifts. They are every where, they chit chat between sets, and look at the big dogs with disgust when deep down they want to be that big, they are just to too fucking weak and undisciplined. I mean, they may eat like crap and party on weekends, but they have fuckin CELL TECH, so if their not gettin as big as next guy, the next guys on juice.

AllGloryisFleeting
04-06-07, 5:08 pm
I've got the same problem bro. I'm by no means a big dude, only 170 at 5'7".
But I work hard and eat well, so I'm a hell of a lot stronger than most of the people in the gym. Because I'm stronger, they always ask me if I'm on roids. I just tell them "Yeah and I'm ragin so get the fuck out my face."

Just kidding. I just tell them to shut the fuck up and go curl.

blazin
04-07-07, 12:26 am
Hate the fuckers who come in, sit on a piece of equipment do one set, then want to talk on the phone, or read the fucking newspaper... IF ITS THAT DAYUM IMPORTANT, keep your ass at the house... some of us have a goal to achieve, not worry about the phone or the bullshit in papers

Xraided831
04-11-07, 5:36 am
I lift at the local ymca and the university gym. The worst thing is that a group of young kids will come in a jack around on the equipment. At the university its mostly guys who are there to tell the girls "Yeah i went and worked out today" when in reality they just walk in front of the mirror back and forth and spend most of there time bullshitting to their buddies and trying to pick up some ass. When all they are doing is getting in my way.

I hear ya on this one bro, The time I go there's always a group of so called fitness buffs that think they could impress me by going heavy and doing one set of 2 reps and then go to the cardio area and talk to women... That shit doesn't impress me .... They think they get a good workout when all they do is run their mouths all day.... And they have the nerve to hog up the equipment... That is why sometimes it pays to workout @ 5:00 in da morning!!!

Xraided831

brandonA
04-12-07, 12:10 am
Me...

I am the worse thing about my gym, in my gym..the baddest motherfucking in my gym...Every peice of equipment, every oz of weight has one pourpose....To beat up you down, to make you feel weak and small...I hit the door like a guided missile, on a seek and destroy mission...I wage war on the iron, every rep I seek to push the iron throught the roof, wall or ceiling...I spend hours spilling gallons of sweat on a mission to destroy the precore machine...I am the worse thing about my gym...a 295 pound Animal with a chip on my sholder and my brothers at my back..I am the worse thing about my gym because when i leave the iron is crying....

-B

dIdDy
04-12-07, 4:53 am
worst thing about my gym is that they close.

The TITANIC
04-12-07, 10:56 am
gym managers who tell you to put your shoes on when you deadliftin or squatin. FUCKEN annoying...

slainte151
05-29-07, 2:40 pm
just straight up bad form...to me if your bustin your ass tryin to get bigger, go ahead and grunt if you want as long as its a damn good work set with good form.

slainte151
05-29-07, 2:55 pm
I lift at work. we have a pretty nice gym down in the bowels of the basment. When I go in at 5:30 i can pretty use any rack and bench I want. What kills me is the PC (Politically Correct) music they pass off as "GYM APPROPRIATE". Let me tell you, you get quite a rush, when you have Journey, or Rascall Flatts playing.

Thank god for MP3 Players!!!

have any of you tried to squat to delta goodrhem's- lost without you, or backstreet boys- i knew i loved you before i met you while deadlifting? it doesnt get much worse at the local gym. godsmack loaded ipod is the way to go

ironshaolin
05-29-07, 4:18 pm
yea, bad form. There's this old guy, no muscle tone I see him load up 225 on the smith machine. Then he does 1/4 reps, for like 3 sets and it wouldn't bother me except that I couldn't get on it. Then today, same guy loads 10 plates on either side of a leg press. I think, this guy's legs are skinnier than mine and I can't push that much weight. How does he press it? 1/4 reps. This guy needs to research/read. The real worst thing is not enough power racks.

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 4:21 pm
people taking up space
and a bunch of lame ass *****s looking at u and benching everysingle day, they look at u squating and they think ur stupid

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 4:36 pm
dude u snap!

that's the reason i love talkin to u
Me...

I am the worse thing about my gym, in my gym..the baddest motherfucking in my gym...Every peice of equipment, every oz of weight has one pourpose....To beat up you down, to make you feel weak and small...I hit the door like a guided missile, on a seek and destroy mission...I wage war on the iron, every rep I seek to push the iron throught the roof, wall or ceiling...I spend hours spilling gallons of sweat on a mission to destroy the precore machine...I am the worse thing about my gym...a 295 pound Animal with a chip on my sholder and my brothers at my back..I am the worse thing about my gym because when i leave the iron is crying....

-B

madlib
05-29-07, 4:39 pm
people who sit in front of a pair of DB's and when u ask them for it they reply oh just 1 more set. Then I sit in the corner looking at them chatting it up with DB's on his knees for 10 MINUTES!

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 4:41 pm
yeah absolutly i was about to smack one dude the other day because of this
people who sit in front of a pair of DB's and when u ask them for it they reply oh just 1 more set. Then I sit in the corner looking at them chatting it up with DB's on his knees for 10 MINUTES!

crypto
05-29-07, 4:41 pm
when people turn db bicep curls into a full body workout.....

Bam Bam
05-30-07, 2:18 am
have any of you tried to squat to delta goodrhem's- lost without you, or backstreet boys- i knew i loved you before i met you while deadlifting? it doesnt get much worse at the local gym. godsmack loaded ipod is the way to go

Haha my gym played Oops I did it again by Brittney Spears last time I was in. I barely hear the music Ive trained myself to drown it out but that was just BAD. But what can you do they are catering people who want a "family atmosphere" not the iron addicts.

BamBam
05-30-07, 12:58 pm
1.) Bad Form...and then they try to flex and act hard after they did nothing...and then diss me and my buddies when we lift for doing things right

2.) Curls on the squat rack...I am going to be dealing with this today...LEG DAY!

Music selection...has to be a problem...I cant lift to "pop" music...Oh well...music dont make the man, but it sure does help.

Highlander
05-30-07, 1:21 pm
Guys that just don't wanna take a shower

quiksilver
05-30-07, 6:03 pm
Everyone else!!

Sir J-Werk
05-30-07, 6:16 pm
Something has "crawled up and died" in the corner by the cable machine and the smell if God damn TERRIBLE!!!! And it will NOT go away!

Stay Strong, stay Focused, stay Animal!
Respect.

darkstyle
05-30-07, 6:38 pm
Guyz I no exactly how y'all feel, I work at a fitness center that is a branch off from the hospital right across the street and I tel ya wut wn ever some jerk/jackoff freak gets in my way and tries to show me how to lift "their correct way" I just want to tell them to fuck off!!! I'm a trainer/bodybuilder in the making and dont need no crack ass idiot telling me how to lift or getting in my way just because they want to lift like i do....and yes I get funny looks from all the guys wn I'm doing drop sets and start grunting and screaming trying to push myself....

lightattheend
05-30-07, 11:25 pm
ppl who've really got no idea what they are doing trying to give you advice, guys loading a bar with a ton of weight to bench it for one half of a rep then look around to see whos watching, ppl standing in my way or in front of the mirror talking, ppl trying to talk to you in the middle of a intense set, the list goes on...lol

the_hammer
05-31-07, 1:45 pm
1) gym closes at 7p on sat and 5p on sunday. what gives?
2) this seems very popular at my gym: hiring trainers to rack/load plates while taking notes for you. ANNOYING. sometimes i want to grab the pad and pen, shove it in the lifter's hands and say, "why don't YOU measure YOUR progress?"
3) the senior citizens without gym etiquette. i once had a woman of 60+ (obviously not in touch with life, for i was sweated, bent over, and starry eyed) after a set approach me to ask me how my workout was going. she then proceded to lift her shirt to expose her mid-section while claiming she's going to have it melt off like "butter." great.
4) God forbid you're supersetting ANYTHING, because sure as shit, the first moment you turn around, someone else has moved in and set up camp.
5) obviously, i'm sure you could've already deduced by reading the previous bulletpoints that NO ONE racks their weight when finished.
6) the punks that come in and ADMITTEDLY just fuck around. "nah, man, we're just screwin' around." i actually watched a kid trying desperately to use the dipping belt as an actual weightlifting belt before squatting. i'm serious.

anyway guys, i'm fresh here -- i'll eventually get around to introducing myself in the proper thread, but reading this particular thread just fired me up to make a post.

ghost
05-31-07, 1:51 pm
3) the senior citizens without gym etiquette. i once had a woman of 60+ (obviously not in touch with life, for i was sweated, bent over, and starry eyed) after a set approach me to ask me how my workout was going. she then proceded to lift her shirt to expose her mid-section while claiming she's going to have it melt off like "butter." great.

this actually made me vomit...yes........

welcome aboard hammer. good to see you getting yourself acquainted around here.

BamBam
05-31-07, 1:58 pm
We need to publish a book with all these things, One chapter per thing that makes us mad or we dont like about our gym...and then tell why. It would sell...

SolidTongan
05-31-07, 6:23 pm
1. People fuckin' cuttin' in front of you and the mirror when you squeezin' out those last few reps while curling.

2. People won't let you work in...they have a shit load of sets...but spend the time in between chattin' with others forever!

3. I used to feed off of the atmosphere from my old gym. I moved, and the new gym is more like a social club. I have to feed off of my determination...and can't rely on anyone else to spot me...which sucks!

Beast Genetics
05-31-07, 7:15 pm
1.the little guys walking around like there swole, well I dont hate that thats hilarious.

2. The whack music I gotta hear when I forget to charge the mp3.

3. The flabby old naked guys walking around the locker room.

BamBam
06-01-07, 1:39 am
1.the little guys walking around like there swole, well I dont hate that thats hilarious.
[QUOTE=SolidTongan;98653]
3. I used to feed off of the atmosphere from my old gym. I moved, and the new gym is more like a social club. I have to feed off of my determination...and can't rely on anyone else to spot me...which sucks!

I can agree with the spotting thins Solid...but your determination is more powerful than atmosphere anyday...hell I lift at the YMCA...not very hardcore...but I can say I am one of the baddest motherfuckers in there...and my girlfriend lifts with me so shit...dont count on anybody but yourself cuz in the end its all you will have!

AND, Beast...I hear ya with that bro...lol...I love it!

Jimbo41073
06-01-07, 6:12 pm
worst thing about my gym is the lack of Quality Muscle

Too many people wanting to chit chat - not me I am there to focus and grow , head phones on balls to the wall!... gladly talk AFTER my work out not during, and all the people who coplain about not getting any progress - no wonder!

Gotta gain a few more pounds before I head out to find a Big Boys Gym - you know the kind that when I say I made myself puke and it was awesome- high five me because they understand.

Jimbo

crypto
06-01-07, 6:50 pm
i train 5 days a week and everyday i see this guy doing db curls, and he wonders why it aint growing!

H Bomb
06-02-07, 9:36 pm
I think fuckin cellphones should be banned from the gym floor unless you are a muthafuckin doctor on call! Put that shit to voicemail or throw it in your locker! Don't have fuckin eloborate coversations pacing the gym floor like you are at home!

crypto
06-02-07, 9:50 pm
I think fuckin cellphones should be banned from the gym floor unless you are a muthafuckin doctor on call! Put that shit to voicemail or throw it in your locker! Don't have fuckin eloborate coversations pacing the gym floor like you are at home!

to some extent...........i agree with you brother, DONT HAVE ELABORATE CONVOS IN THE GYM.........but to put that shit on voice mail is going to far. im a son, a brother, a boyfriend, a friend, a cousin, an uncle, a nephew, and if someone seriously needs me, i aint gona put them off for a workout, jus like in college some professors say not to bring ure phone at all or turn it off...im sorry but i cant, i have a life outside the classroom and just cuz im in class doesnt make me disappear from the real world. get me?

jakem
06-03-07, 11:32 pm
1. Management promising a new and better power rack using the proceeds from a bench/deadlift meet they put on... then not buying the power rack

2. Buying a new Smith machine instead of a power rack. I'm still mad about this because the power rack is narrow and not very deep. If I squat inside it I will always bang the plates against one of the posts at least one time per workout. IT's also not tall enuf for me to overhead press inside of.

3. Not even bolting said power rack to the floor

4. management contstantly re-arranging the free weight area so as to make it harder and harder to do power cleans or dead lifts.

5. Having the free-weight area be 1/4th of total gym space, and the cardio room where they have the BodyPump and other stuff be as large as the rest of the gym combined.

6. People at the gym who do not put plates on the proper pins on a plate tree. 45's go on the BOTTOM!!!!

7. Anyone who ever did a curl in the squat rack, in any gym, EVER

8. Guy who puts the bench press spotter rails on backwards, just so he doesn't have to pick the bar he's doing bent rows with off the floor. IT"S ONLY 205! PICK IT UP OFF THE FLOOR!! YOU WON"T HURT YOUR BACK UNLESS YOU"RE A WUSS

9. This one time, a guy would whip his cellphone out between sets to hash out a problem with his GF. Good grief

10. That same night, I walk into the locker room after I got done to find a guy shaving the back of his neck. WTF??? The locker room is NOT your personal bathroom! Do that shit at home!!

11. Hawking supp's at a gym is to be expected (mine sells Apex stuff), but trying to trick people into eating the "low fat/low caolrie/actually good for you" cookies as some sort of "supplement" is beyond the pale

12. Playing the stereo so loud (bass) that it penetrates my headphones. That only happens with the sickly sweet pop music. They only play local stations and no CDs, which is bummer, but sometimes they put on the rock stations. In WI, the number of classic or hard rock stations way outnumbers generic pop or "EZ listening"

13. big 7 foot tall guy does shrugs with 700+lbs.... but only moves the bar 1". And of course, is taking up the power rack

14. college-age dorks with no phsyical development to speak of wearing tight, white wife-beater shirts and spiked up stupid hairdo's. Sorry, guys.

15. Anyone who ever wore cologne to a gym, Ever. It's a gym, not a night club, damn it.

16. using the cambered bench bar to do seated shrugs. Thats NOT what it's for!!!

Now, to be fair, I will list things I like:

1. They let me do whatever I want. Power clean, split jerk, snatches, heavy squats, rack deadlifts, etc. No complaints in 3 years.

2. I can use chalk

3. Staff is friendly. Front desk girls always are friendly, even though I am big scary "meathead".

4. Gym owner has actually heard of Strongman contests and thought it was cool that I wanted to train for them.

5. Two of the trainers actually look like they can lift. One actually has done powerlifting and BBing contests

6. It's practially empty after 8PM or any time on a Friday night

crypto
06-04-07, 4:15 am
im now home for the summer and its in a rich area. but to my surprise, theres this gym i go that is actually what guys would call 'hardcore' i guess. id say the gym is 80% free weights, 15% machine weights, and 5% cardio. chalk in the air and everything. however, since its in a rich area, it has that rich person vibe. i mean at home from college, my car here is an inifiniti g35 2 door and people look at my like i dont belong LOL

Gymrat1944
06-04-07, 9:43 am
People who don't know that 55 comes after 50 on the weight rack

Gymrat1944
06-04-07, 9:58 am
Those that look at me weird when I am having my post leg day puke.
Cell phone idiots.
That guy with the greased hair and sunglasses that does one set then tries to hit on girls.
Girls in the weight area!!!
The front desk people who think they personalize every entrance by reading my name on my card, just scan the damn thing!
The same front desk people who tell me to "have a great day", I already had a great fucking day when I was pushing weights you idiot!
Personal idiots (trainers) who tell people to work their core.
Those 4 high school kids who watch one of them do one set then continue to have a 10 minute conversation, one with his cell phone.
People whose clothes have to match when they go to the gym, I have yellow shorts and a gray shirt with holes in it. It's not a fashion show and that matching shirt/short combo isn't gonna move that weight for you.
The old naked guy who wants to talk in the locker room.
Anyone who wants to talk in the locker room.
Rubber coated plates, what the hell is that?
Wingus and Dingus having a conversation right in front of my bench/machine.

BamBam
06-04-07, 12:28 pm
I agree with some of this stuff...I hate it when ppl talk in front of somehwere I am trying to get a set in at. The celll phones need to be cut out...Maybe not silenced or turned off for emergency sake, but dont carry it around the gym floor. I also get some weird looks too...but you gotta shrug those ppl off...they dont know why we are in their and what it takes to do what most of us do DAILY.

BUT...here are my few differences..
1.) My girl lifts with me and she busts her ass..I mean I got her doing everything man...she busts her ass and more so than 90% of the guys in there...so I dont see a problem with girls lifting the iron.
2.) Clothes dont make the man, The man makes em'...and he also wears em'. With most people, it is a look good, feel good, "do" good kinda thing. For us, we know a nice pair of Under Armor shorts aint gona take away the pain of squattin or whatever...so fuck it...Same thing as us wearing our ANIMAL shirts...does that make me lift more? NO. Does it make me feel good knowing I know what the shirt stands for and I am priveleged enough to wear it...YES!

Skater51o
06-04-07, 1:10 pm

yesterday there was a guy putting up 180 and was grunting like he was about to die. hella broke my focus cuz i had to turn and laugh at the fucker. Also, I hate the people who dont know the first thing bout form. Other day this guy was benching and his back was arched like a fuckin bridge. then he goes over to pulldowns and was pulling down with his whole body. He was putting up 2 2 or 3 plates on bench i think
but went to peck deck and could barely do 140. And I hate the old guys who think they are the shit cuz they are at a gym lifting weights. big fucking deal, you should b there you lazy assholes....

crypto
06-04-07, 1:15 pm
wow, its one thing to get irritated when people throw things or chat it up or whatever. but some people here been lifting for years, and their tryin to show up some guy who just started or isnt as dedicated by not grunting?? oooooooo...........maybe that same guy who is too busy being a doctor savin lives and cant stay in the gym 1-2 hours a day and eat every2-3 hours. wow you can do do weights quiet as a mouse, want a cookie?? dam you guys are full of ureselves. shit if someone is grunting, at least hes puttin in effort, ya know what i mean.

BamBam
06-04-07, 3:48 pm
wow, its one thing to get irritated when people throw things or chat it up or whatever. but some people here been lifting for years, and their tryin to show up some guy who just started or isnt as dedicated by not grunting?? oooooooo...........maybe that same guy who is too busy being a doctor savin lives and cant stay in the gym 1-2 hours a day and eat every2-3 hours. wow you can do do weights quiet as a mouse, want a cookie?? dam you guys are full of ureselves. shit if someone is grunting, at least hes puttin in effort, ya know what i mean.

I agree with this...but there is a line where you have to call grunting with a certain weight ok and not ok...no matter what size. Plus, if you are small(er) than most, then you shouldnt be trying to do heavy ass weights...Just do what you can do for reps, build up that quality deep dense muscle, and then destroy it day in and out by doing more weight. I dont care who grunts...it is basically the screaming or yelling I dont like when the weight doesnt match the battle cry...IMO

dominatetheiron
06-04-07, 3:55 pm
I like my gym for the most part, but going at busy times pisses me off. Here are some reasons...

4. The people that have to walk over a comment about how much im squatting or leg pressing (yeah, i know its a lot of weight, thats why im doing it)

this made me laugh so hard when i read that i know exactly what you mean.

Aengus
06-04-07, 7:29 pm
It doesn't really bug me that I get snickered at when I flex between sets, checking on muscle shape and proportions, but it does bug me that these people think I am vain for doing it.

I don't really care that they think I am a fucking riot, but it is disturbing that they don't understand anything about bodybuilding. How ELSE would I know if my shit was coming out proportional and shaped? What am I supposed to GUESS?!

Ignorance is what I really hate most. I let people do their own shit, and I only interfere when someone is a danger to themselves and others (which is at LEAST once a month...things like a guy 130lbs and 5'10" trying to dumbbell press the 70's). I don't care if somebody is doing something wrong, or pussing out, or even if they take my weights. I flow around all this stupidity and ignorance. I move from exercise to exercise like a machine, unstoppable, and with terrible and immutable purpose.

But it does bother me that people don't understand me or what I am doing, and that they think that I care. It is more a sense of non-patronizing pity that they don't know what the gym can really be. I just wish that I could convey the feeling, or at least not be laughed at by someone who doesn't understand.

But, hell, my doctor always said that no one gets enough iron in their diet.....I tend to agree.

GJN5002
06-04-07, 7:35 pm
my top two favorite from your list
1. cell phone use while lifting
2. wearing cologne to the gym, although at the gym i used to lift at, there was a guy who smelled so bad and potent that if you were on equipment beside him, youd have to move because it was impossible to breathe without gagging.

crypto
06-04-07, 7:35 pm
It doesn't really bug me that I get snickered at when I flex between sets, checking on muscle shape and proportions, but it does bug me that these people think I am vain for doing it.

I don't really care that they think I am a fucking riot, but it is disturbing that they don't understand anything about bodybuilding. How ELSE would I know if my shit was coming out proportional and shaped? What am I supposed to GUESS?!

Ignorance is what I really hate most. I let people do their own shit, and I only interfere when someone is a danger to themselves and others (which is at LEAST once a month...things like a guy 130lbs and 5'10" trying to dumbbell press the 70's). I don't care if somebody is doing something wrong, or pussing out, or even if they take my weights. I flow around all this stupidity and ignorance. I move from exercise to exercise like a machine, unstoppable, and with terrible and immutable purpose.

But it does bother me that people don't understand me or what I am doing, and that they think that I care. It is more a sense of non-patronizing pity that they don't know what the gym can really be. I just wish that I could convey the feeling, or at least not be laughed at by someone who doesn't understand.

But, hell, my doctor always said that no one gets enough iron in their diet.....I tend to agree.

fuck yea brother, while lifting, ure muscles are pumped so you get more of an idea on what you need to do/not to do. people think im full of myself cuz i am constantly looking in the mirror when i lift..........uhhhhh duhhhhhhhhh.........its there so you can make sure you have correct form, not to put on eyeliner!

YoungN'Hungry
06-04-07, 7:50 pm
my one buddy thinks im OCD about my body cause i flex in the mirror all the time to check if im growing...i jus laugh and say i am hahaha

XENA32
06-04-07, 8:18 pm
Lifting at my gym is a job in itself everyday. People give me looks becuase I am a girl in the weightroom pumping iron. I just keep thinking to myself as I am trying to get those last few reps out that they are thinking I shouldn't be here. I just tell myself, "push these out and show them you should be." I don't want to be given special treatment because I am a girl, I just want to be treated equally. And for the guys that are just in there to get the girls and not there for the reasons all of us are, all I have to say is, HA!!!

BamBam
06-07-07, 1:09 pm
The new worst thing about my gym is....

Guys wearing PINK belts........I'm not shitting you!

Bam-

dominatetheiron
06-07-07, 5:34 pm

Bam-

you have got to be kidding me! no way men are wearing pink lifting belts i almost want to make a trip to your gym just to see this shit.

dominatetheiron
06-07-07, 5:36 pm
i am a member at a golds. its not huge and there are only a handful of weight lifters in the gym. i really keep to myself and try not to bother anyone. my thing is peolple are always in the way. people on the treads/bikes like its a damn fitness center stare at me while i am doing my lifts i dont lift a ton but im strong for my size. and the high school crowd is always staring at me yeah im a freak and i love it so leave me the fuck alone.

dominatetheiron
06-07-07, 5:38 pm

2. The whack music I gotta hear when I forget to charge the mp3.

3. The flabby old naked guys walking around the locker room.

golds has their own music network in their gyms and the music is whack, also there are kid that are like 110 pounds wet that wear cuts off and walk like they are huge.

dominatetheiron
06-07-07, 5:39 pm
Me...

-B

thats fucking bad ass i have 10 mins left at work before i hit the gym and im fucking inspired.

Bruiser
06-07-07, 5:45 pm
anyone and everyone that feels the need to talk between, before, during, or after sets!!!!

BamBam
06-07-07, 10:25 pm
you have got to be kidding me! no way men are wearing pink lifting belts i almost want to make a trip to your gym just to see this shit.

Dude I AM NOT kidding...this due was doing squats on the smith machine and he was waering a PINK belt...I will get a pic of it the next time he does so yall can see...but shit come on down to my gym and we'll get a good lift in and a good laugh! haha

Lowdown5
06-07-07, 10:32 pm
The people who set up fuckin camp on a bench piss me off. The set their towel, water bottle, whatever on it, and then walk around and bullshit. I move their shit and they run and get a trainer. This one dude just tells em it's ok, I will be done in a minute. When I'm done I just put their shit back, smile and walk away.

BamBam
06-07-07, 10:34 pm
The people who set up fuckin camp on a bench piss me off. The set their towel, water bottle, whatever on it, and then walk around and bullshit. I move their shit and they run and get a trainer. This one dude just tells em it's ok, I will be done in a minute. When I'm done I just put their shit back, smile and walk away.

Bench hogs suck ass...I was doing military today (DB's) and these guys were sitting there, going back and forth from one kid doing leg press...sitting there talking...and one kid doing standing curls...it is a bench yes, I know...but not the kind for sitting...get the F*#K off it!

Lowdown5
06-07-07, 10:37 pm
Bench hogs suck ass...I was doing military today (DB's) and these guys were sitting there, going back and forth from one kid doing leg press...sitting there talking...and one kid doing standing curls...it is a bench yes, I know...but not the kind for sitting...get the F*#K off it!

I hear ya, or when they are using one bench and set their shit on another one. I wanna fuckin scream.

BamBam
06-07-07, 10:41 pm
I hear ya, or when they are using one bench and set their shit on another one. I wanna fuckin scream.

Its one thing to do nothing on one...but to just take up space and act hard...I wanna punch something...but hey...I improved with the preacher curl bench and sat opposite on it and it worked fine. Hopefully tomorrow when I do arms it will get better but doubtful...the same dudes work out about the same time I do and it makes me mad cuz its like an everday thing...not just once in a while.

Lowdown5
06-07-07, 10:48 pm
I just don't want to let their bullshit interfere with my training.

BamBam
06-07-07, 10:50 pm
Its hard for me to just say fuck it cuz there is so much more bullshit that I deal with and it just compounds and it makes me pissed, but I then just lift it off and laugh. Gotta stay focused...remember...we are ANIMALS...they are our prey

XENA32
06-08-07, 12:20 am

Bam-

This is real...I saw it with my own eyes...

On your leg day you walk into the gym to see someone doing who knows what on the squat rack. They end up having a 20 minute conversation then the guy who he was talking to comes over to the squat rack and does curls.....fustrating...

Maharg
06-08-07, 1:21 am

Bam-

Dude if they are man enough to work out with a pink belt they must be a badass. Kinda like dare to make fun of me stuff.

Budsbythebeach
06-08-07, 1:34 am
This is real...I saw it with my own eyes...

On your leg day you walk into the gym to see someone doing who knows what on the squat rack. They end up having a 20 minute conversation then the guy who he was talking to comes over to the squat rack and does curls.....fustrating...

guys that act like squatting 315 is so Wow, when they dont come near parrellel and their knees are infront of their toes.

- And about the pink belt, i wouldnt buy one, but in a year or so when im big enough and just dont give a fuck anymore, ill walk into the gym with a spongebob shirt and a hello kitty sweat towel. cant wait.

Seifer
06-08-07, 1:39 am
Dunno if this is the worst thing - hell I dont know if it should even 'bother' me but oh well...

I train with the same 20 faces every day. Dont hardly speak to any of em, but everyone does their own thing - usually. Benches, cables, dumbells, etc.

Every 4 weeks or so I try to put 1 new exercise for each body part. Every time I try something 'new' , that nobody else there ever EVER does or has done, someone else starts doing it the next day (or sometimes immediately).

But I didnt invent this shit. But just because I'm doing it doesnt mean its the best way , so I just wonder why they copy what I'm doing all the time.

Space Cowboy
06-08-07, 7:07 am
Worst thing about my gym, hmmm, WHERE DO I START!

1) Its specifically designed for body conditioning, aerobics etc. Now i know cardio is part of the game, but the whole gym floor is rammed with 40 running machines, 30 cross-trainers, 18 bikes, 15 rowing machines, 8 climbers, then there is a huge area of jus gym mats for aerobics etc, then in a small dark corner is the weights area, jus 3 benches, dumbells only up to 60 pounds, everything squashed next to each other.

2) People leaving there shit behind for others to tidy. Picking up barbells to do bb curls in the cable area, then jus leaving it there when finished, along with dumbells and plates. Im gonna put up my own sign saying if equipment isnt returned then disciplinary procedures will be taken.

3) Shut at weekends!

4) The music, walked in the other morning to the pumpin adrenaline fuellin killer beats of...................The Carpenters, says it all.

I only go to this gym (L.A Fitness) coz its bang opposite where i work and is so convenient to go to before i start my shift.

EASI

BamBam
06-08-07, 10:08 am
Dude if they are man enough to work out with a pink belt they must be a badass. Kinda like dare to make fun of me stuff.

I would agree with you to a point...but...not this guy...I know him somewhat and my girlfriend works with him...He's not an [ANIMAL] lets say ;)

I still cant get over this though...

Bigarexic
06-08-07, 9:45 pm
no military bnech!

karthik
06-09-07, 2:21 am
There Is No Such Thing As A Worst Gym. Save Some Money, Maybe Work An Extra Job With Benefits, And Get Yourself A Home Gym With Custom Made Equipment. This Will Solve The Problem Of A Bad Gym.

If Bad Gym Is A Problem, Train In A Very Violent And Bad Neighborhood, That Way You Know You're In A Hardcore Training Environment, And No One Will Mind If You Drop The Weights To The Ground.

Pure Brutal
06-09-07, 3:27 pm
People who only buy a membership to run on the treadmill, fuckin hamsters... I go to the gym to lift. I run outdoors, hit the pavement not the treadmill.

sully
06-09-07, 3:34 pm
people who take 20 minute breaks or bring something to read between sets, and people who sit down to rest on a machine while there using another one(now theyre wasting space on two machines) .

prowrestler
06-10-07, 1:01 pm
Whats the worst thing about my gym? There is this one guy, about fifty years old, no matter where i am lifting he has to come up to during the middle of my set and say some dumbass thing like " can i use your bench instead of mine? yours is a little higher then that one". Im doing my last set of incline db presses, the last thing i want is this old bastard trying to use my bench instead of 1 of the ten others cuz it is 2 inches taller.

Ricky P
06-10-07, 1:30 pm
Um.... There's no squat rack.. Yeah, that's right.. Just the smith machine... No matter how much we ask for it, just never happens..

HeHateMe
06-10-07, 5:46 pm
If a girl comes downstairs to do some lift some free weights or what not, every guy will run over and jump on a bench/machine next to her, and pretend to do something, and it always seems to happen when i need that machine/Bench

sully
06-10-07, 5:58 pm
Um.... There's no squat rack.. Yeah, that's right.. Just the smith machine... No matter how much we ask for it, just never happens..

Wow...My gym only has two and I think I have it bad.

Costo
06-15-07, 10:22 pm
The Pros:
Small gym
Good bit of weight
Good functioning machines

The Cons:
People talk too much, and give unsolicited advice
Not enough bars
Most bars are bent
No chains or bands

XENA32
06-20-07, 10:06 pm
We have one squat rack but it's backwards...who in the heck sets up a gym and puts stuff backwards?!

Grim Tavis
06-21-07, 11:18 am
I have recently noticed some of the bars in my gym are bent. One is really, really bent.

I wonder why they dont replace them. It is not a big expense and it is a key piece of equipment in a gym.

Nulllogik
06-21-07, 1:48 pm
One guy who just recently started going to the gym (summer beach rush), maybe 5'5 or so and about 200+ with a gut and a pony tail walks arround doing incredibly light weights on everything:

10 lb dumbells on seated dB press
Puts 2.5's on the incline press

He also feels the need to slam everything down, and in lieu of having something to slam down, walks up to equipment and slams it about.

Its interesting, gives me something to watch while doing cardio after lifting.

krazyassmexican
06-21-07, 1:50 pm
at least u dont get bored
One guy who just recently started going to the gym (summer beach rush), maybe 5'5 or so and about 200+ with a gut and a pony tail walks arround doing incredibly light weights on everything:

10 lb dumbells on seated dB press
Puts 2.5's on the incline press

He also feels the need to slam everything down, and in lieu of having something to slam down, walks up to equipment and slams it about.

Its interesting, gives me something to watch while doing cardio after lifting.

Nulllogik
06-21-07, 2:47 pm
at least u dont get bored

Very true!

krazyassmexican
06-21-07, 2:55 pm
well i hope one day u invite me to go to the gym and make fun of the guy
hahaha yeah if they deserve it they get a doze of my sick ass sarcastic bullshit hahaha i tell u this

some dude in the gym saw me poppin m stack

and cuts and shit

he says by taking protein and pills u become un natural
and thats bad

and told me if i wanted to pack on muscle i didnt need no pills and no protein powder all that i need it

was a meal in the morning and "confles con leche"(corn flakes with milk) at night

and that i will get better pumps

note: dude been training for more than two years and looks the same as 2 years ago

i am telling u about him cuz after that i started calling him confles con leche in front of everybody in the gym

and now he dont know where to hide when he sees me

i think the man in your gym needs me for a lil hahaha

Very true!

jeff00z28
06-21-07, 3:34 pm
i knowi posted in this topic already but i cant decide whats the worst thing about my gym. right now the colleges are all otu so now all of the pretty boy hollister kids are home and they all think they are going to be the next arnold swartzenager some of them that play sports are strong but others make me sick

ghost
06-21-07, 3:36 pm
i am telling u about him cuz after that i started calling him confles con leche in front of everybody in the gym

does that make you the bigger, more educated person of the two? Making fun of someone in the gym..who is there busting his ass, regardless of how long he has been at it, and how he looks.....definitely defies the Code.

krazyassmexican
06-21-07, 3:39 pm
no dude but i didnt tell the complete story he told a bunch of people mostly people that dont even know what a toe rise is that i was on juice

that shit made me feel bad
and nope he doesnt bust his ass
he's one of the bunch that goes there to make friends and not to workout

does that make you the bigger, more educated person of the two? Making fun of someone in the gym..who is there busting his ass, regardless of how long he has been at it, and how he looks.....definitely defies the Code.

Nulllogik
06-21-07, 3:40 pm

and now he dont know where to hide when he sees me

That made me laugh

If he ever grows the cajones to come up to me (and talk shit), his new name will be corn flakes...

ghost
06-21-07, 3:41 pm
no dude but i didnt tell the complete story he told a bunch of people mostly people that dont even know what a toe rise is that i was on juice

that shit made me feel bad

who cares if someone accuses you of being on it...still doesnt give you the right to bust his balls, making him feel unwelcome in the gym....

krazyassmexican
06-21-07, 3:41 pm
haha
That made me laugh

If he ever grows the cajones to come up to me, his new name will be corn flakes...

gflash77
06-21-07, 9:07 pm
As I have said before in some earlier posts, i work out at a college gym. I see too many kids my age loading themselves full of supplements, getting into the gym and doing the shittiest workout plans ever. And they wonder why they don't get bigger and how their supplement that's supposed to be the "latest breakthrough" is a dud.

My point being...too much emphasis on pills, not enough emphasis on iron and sweat.

spyderman4g63
06-22-07, 2:46 pm
Pastel Green benches. Pink and Blue everywhere else. Seated Leg Curl machine (give me a freaking laying and standing machine) it just pulls me of the seat.

krazyassmexican
06-22-07, 2:49 pm
when i first started working out i used that fuckin seated leg curl and i was going super heavy without feeling anything on my hams

now i only use laying and standing by the way for some reason it is a mission for me to curl my legs standing with only 30fucking pounds i wonder why
Pastel Green benches. Pink and Blue everywhere else. Seated Leg Curl machine (give me a freaking laying and standing machine) it just pulls me of the seat.

Intense Red Head Man
06-23-07, 1:07 am
1) Crybaby music, emo is on my nerves, i wear hearing aids and i hate headphones, PANTERA POWER!
2) the damn missing pins
3) all the homosexuals around doing 25 lbs barbell bicep curls on the squat rack. GTFO or STFU and train!
4) no trap bar

everything else is good chalk allowed, yelling = all the fruckin time, not a childrens gym either like the local Y.

Seifer
06-23-07, 11:58 am
Some guy yesterday was taking up the friggin cable crossover station (theres only 1 in my gym)....He was sittin there, between sets, thumbing through a Sports Illustrated!

Grim Tavis
06-24-07, 12:09 am
I have now seen two different weirdos that grab a couple of dumbells and walk around doing curls. Walking....and curling...and checking themselves out in the mirror while doing it (and checking the mirrors to see who is watching them). WTF?

Urge to kill...rising...Rising...RISING!!!!

DetroitMuscle
07-27-07, 5:27 am
I am close to getting my NASM and I cant wait to actually help people reach there goals unlike the PT's I see at my gym.

There is an IFBB pro at my gym that is a PT and lets just say hes there to take peoples money and thats about it. I was watching him PT some chick today and he was having her do cable tricep pressdowns. Her form was horrible. Seriously she was moving and using her shoulders more than anything else...I looked at him and he was literally staring at the cieling the whole damn set!! I started paying attention the rest of his "training session" and every excersize was incorrectly done and he in lala land watching girls on the treadmill. What a joke. What upset me most is this guy KNOWS what it takes to get his pro card obviously but he is selfish in the fact that he is just taking money and giving improper training.

I cant tell you how many times I see PT's that are either terribly out of shape and dont know what they are doing or just lazy like this guy!!! I for one will show people the animal way when I get cert'd...the only way.

xman
07-27-07, 10:28 am
i work at a gym and it takes me about two hours racking wat other retards left just sitting there.

D-Bomb
07-27-07, 10:32 am
yeah ^ have to go with you there about that shit, arrive at gym, see two big local bodybuilders, saw them at the squat rack with 3 plates a side, not bad, good shit...see them a minute later leave...3 plates still sitting there...

you know how i felt after that? nothing but hatred for them i want to look up to them, but after that, i know they are just full of kuk ( shit ), i unracked that bar myself, because i care about my time in gym, and the gym itself is hallowed to me even if it is planet fitness...

krazyassmexican
07-27-07, 10:37 am
i agree with u
I am close to getting my NASM and I cant wait to actually help people reach there goals unlike the PT's I see at my gym.

There is an IFBB pro at my gym that is a PT and lets just say hes there to take peoples money and thats about it. I was watching him PT some chick today and he was having her do cable tricep pressdowns. Her form was horrible. Seriously she was moving and using her shoulders more than anything else...I looked at him and he was literally staring at the cieling the whole damn set!! I started paying attention the rest of his "training session" and every excersize was incorrectly done and he in lala land watching girls on the treadmill. What a joke. What upset me most is this guy KNOWS what it takes to get his pro card obviously but he is selfish in the fact that he is just taking money and giving improper training.

I cant tell you how many times I see PT's that are either terribly out of shape and dont know what they are doing or just lazy like this guy!!! I for one will show people the animal way when I get cert'd...the only way.

Medford
07-27-07, 10:49 am
worst thing is that it's far away. had a dispute with Gold's Gym in my town, and they had no intentions of giving me a refund until I put together a case for small claims court.

so now I'm at World's gym which is awesome but it's a drive

Maharg
07-27-07, 12:22 pm
Alright we all know the tag team benchers right? they only do bench and curls blah blah blah. Well the two at my gym have decided that they will never leave the squat rack. They were doing bench press in the squat rack! Then while i wait for them to get out so i could do my squats they set up the bar and started doing curls. I kinda dropped my jaw and stared. They bench press 4 times a week and always leave the cage so they can do dumbbell curls but not today. When i asked them if i could have the squat rack so i could start on the squats they threatend to kick my ass if i bother them again. They lost their spine when i walked up to them and challeneged them to start it.

benmatthews90
07-27-07, 1:51 pm
worse thing is that my cd player skips and the nails in the wall tearing my shirts

Stone05
07-29-07, 3:45 pm
I'll add mine....

1. Too many HS kids in the way working out with 5 in a group!
2. Socializing singles holding up workout areas.
3. The dude who is working out at 2 different areas. Shows up 20 minutes later and says "I'm working out on that".
4. Get a freakin water bottle!!!! I hate the guy that strolls all the way across the gym with his chest out to get a sip of water at the water fountain after every damn set! (He's usually #3!)
5. The "known" gym regular who is always training for a competition...Comes in with all the fancy gym gear, bag and gallon of water. Walks in like he owns the place and everyone pretty much bows down when he comes in. Takes 10 minute breaks between sets looking at himself in the mirror and looking around to see who's checking him out. Annoying.
6. Having to unrack after someone else.
7. I think grunting and yelling is acceptable given the right amount of weight. Grunting and yelling under 150lbs on the bench and you are over 200lbs. is unacceptable.
9. The gym replaced the bench press equipment with new shit. The problem is the safety bars extend out too far. You end up clipping them on the press up thus f'ing up your rep!

I could go on with my list.... my gym has a lot of things that suck.

MetalAsh12
07-29-07, 3:53 pm
I have no complaints about my gym...I get in, do my job, and get out.

simpleguy
07-29-07, 4:00 pm
worst fucking things about my gym:
1. it's closed on sunday
2. the music would probably make grandma dance, but sure doesn't get me in the mood for lifiting
3. the ''club-boys'' who come in, make their bench sets and talk about their girls during the workout

norrim1
07-29-07, 4:34 pm
Things I hate;

1. Getting a tap on the shoulder during a set asking you when you'll be finished.

2. People that bring their bratty kids. Kids are great, but not when they run into you and experiment with the machines.

3. The out of shape personal trainer that trys to tell you what your doing wrong, from his desk, playing solitare.

stumblin54
07-29-07, 4:43 pm
worst fucking things about my gym:
1. it's closed on sunday
2. the music would probably make grandma dance, but sure doesn't get me in the mood for lifiting
3. the ''club-boys'' who come in, make their bench sets and talk about their girls during the workout

I've gotten into the groove with some pretty weird songs to be listening to while I'm training bro. I pulled 450 from the ground eight times on Friday to "Piano Man," and I couldn't have been more in the zone...

Stumblin

dubwize
07-30-07, 11:13 am
this isn't a worst thing but a gym story, I train at 2 gyms a garage gym and a commercial gym for accessory work, at the commercial gym I have nicknames for the regulars just came up with a new one "the wifebeater" he got this name cus i walked to the back area where they keep the back raises and stuff like that that are bodyweight movement benches, this guy whos nickname use to be Hal Johnson and Joanne McCloud (might only make sense to the Canadians, he looks like him and his training pratner is a girl), he was really pissed off but speaking in a low tone in a controlled anger type of way to his training partner whos a girl and making her cry, i couldnt make out what he was saying but the girl was bawling hard and tears streaming down her face and it wasnt no pysch up routine as these 2 are the figure and fitness type.

Medford
07-30-07, 11:16 am
World Gym is pretty good. the only problem is the travel, but it is nearer to my job at the fast food place

MassMonster
07-30-07, 11:20 am
if u get stumped by the music in ya gym and dont have music with u like say a cd player? then i suggest making your own in ya mind... its what i do when i forget my ipod... i call it the blood roar... heavy shit....lol

simpleguy
07-30-07, 1:23 pm
now usually I don't care what people think about me while I'm in the gym, but really, I haven't seen anybody here bringing his iPod, or cd-player to the gym...

LeeMc
07-31-07, 6:54 am
Fair enough the majority of people train hard aged mostly between 20-50. With pro powerlifters, who know not to fuck around in the gym..they bloody well lift.

HOWEVER, you get those who are my age who turn up say they are training shoulders, start off with all the equipment out. Do a few DB shoulder presses where they start off at the top of the head push it up and then down to the head again. And think they are the bee's knees. Then fuck off and do 1 set of bicep curls and a few abs and wonder why they ain't big. (not to mention they must get in about 1000 calories a day-NOTHING LOL)

Although w'ere allowed drinks, chalk, grunting blah blah gym stuff. So it's all good really. :D

Retrorocket
07-31-07, 11:47 am
I train in a small, what used to be garage, with one window and a metal roof. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I have one wall heater for heat source in the winter. By the time it gets warm enough to where you can no longer see your breath, it's time to leave:). I'm not complaining though, the equipment is good and I pay the owner just $15.00 a month. Been going to this gym for 4 years now. There only about 5 guys that go there too. I love that part of it!

krazyassmexican
07-31-07, 11:52 am
that's what i call a hardcore gym hohohohoho
I train in a small, what used to be garage, with one window and a metal roof. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I have one wall heater for heat source in the winter. By the time it gets warm enough to where you can no longer see your breath, it's time to leave:). I'm not complaining though, the equipment is good and I pay the owner just $15.00 a month. Been going to this gym for 4 years now. There only about 5 guys that go there too. I love that part of it!

Medford
07-31-07, 11:57 am
I went to the gym yesterday to train legs. I found out that with my bad knees, I can't do squats without knee wraps. Not to be discouraged, I did the sled. The thing that makes World Gym good is that I witnessed someone else doing squats. in all the years that I trained at Gold's Gym I only saw someone do squats ONCE

Hardcore4Life
07-31-07, 12:23 pm
I was told by the gym manager that I could not wear my "shut the fuck up and train shirt" anymore becuase he was getting to many complants...

These people need to wore about themseleves and not whats on my shirt..

xpn
11-24-07, 2:13 pm
little peaple who are 130 and say they are in good shape cause they see ther abs and stuff lollll im 165 pound 17 years old made myself ready for my first bodybuilding contest and on bulk (controled bulk i still see some abs too) and a lot of peaple want me to did some training for themself and they smokke and drink and eat 3 meal per day and allays say:ok you look big for a kid as the same age than me but i still see more my abs than you. haha man I'm ON BULK FUCK!!!! aaaahhh now i feel good loll

RogueLion
11-24-07, 4:01 pm
rack your weight.
less weight better form.
Quit talkin.
Coffee?

i screamed once iclining 120 pound dumbels at the end of my set. i got a lot of looks. that shit was heavy though

HWRNHN
11-25-07, 2:40 pm
what really pisses my off... people that are bigger than me. Thats one thing i can do something about.

houseofpain
12-02-07, 12:31 pm
people who dont know what they are doing and try to give you advice

the music...the god awful music. i dont bring anything to listen to when i lift, so all i hear is fucking witney housten and mariah cairey. i feel like im in an aerobics session with 50 year old women...

and of course the jackasses who think they know everything about lifting

Phoenix Rising
12-02-07, 9:02 pm
The thing that pisses me of most about my gym is the fact that the garage is pretty damn cold at 5:00 AM.

BAD ASS MARTIN
12-03-07, 4:13 am
My gym put a snake machine and pop machine in the front hallway... Kinda defeats the purpose... ummmkay

B.A.M.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-07, 7:20 am
My gym put a snake machine and pop machine in the front hallway... Kinda defeats the purpose... ummmkay

B.A.M.

by snake i assume you mean the soft gummy type. those machines are good for diabetics when their blood sugar levels drop i guess

Phoenix Rising
12-03-07, 12:20 pm
The thing that pisses me of most about my gym is the fact that the garage is pretty damn cold at 5:00 AM.

And when my daughter wants to watch Dora on the DVD player when I am working out.

Malloy1344
12-03-07, 1:32 pm
LA Ftiness.......every problem imaginable exists there....lol....

williams_888
12-03-07, 1:34 pm
lifting and getting water splashes in yo face....

theres leaks everywhere in the ceiling

Northman
12-03-07, 5:29 pm
My gym is awesome, except for one thing. The lucky fly. In all the years I been there, there is always a single fly buzzing about and landing on your face. Every tried to swat a fly while holding a 50lb dumbbell?

Gehlbach!
12-03-07, 5:36 pm
A couple days ago I walk into the gym and I hear FUCKING CHRISTAMS music balsting. We have kinda small gym for all the employees where I work and this guy is running on the eliptical listening to fucking Deck The Halls! GOD AWFUL!!!

LegendKillerJosh
12-03-07, 5:47 pm
A couple days ago I walk into the gym and I hear FUCKING CHRISTAMS music balsting. We have kinda small gym for all the employees where I work and this guy is running on the eliptical listening to fucking Deck The Halls! GOD AWFUL!!!

haha. that is awful.

k1usa
12-03-07, 6:06 pm
Last week I was in between sets...smith machine incline press...stepped to the side to catch my wind...and a young sagging sideways hat youth just took the incline off my bench and sat...so....I said...."yo...bro...I was training here..." his responce was...."I was going to sit down"...to yak on his cell....so I said.." bro...dont sit....you are here to train...not sit" and he said...."yo...didnt see your name on the machine..."...and I said...." buddy...when Im using a machine...you either wait or ask to work with me...till then....show your elders a bit of respect and dont let the gray hair fool you"....later that night...I approached this fellow....and said to him ...hay man...you ok with me...seems like you wanted to take my head off....and at the time I was wearing my XXL sweat/hoody...but then just my animal Tank and he said....Im sorry mister...really fucked up with you man....did not mean to jump you..."...I shook his hand and he did forarms with me...and made another friend..

BUT....it just amazes me how fast a young fellow will fuck with the older animal...but truth be told...he got the picture when we trained arms...and knows the Animal spirit lives in this old fucker...and its a spirit I will never give up....and in this case glad I took time to talk to this fellow....you just never know

Gehlbach!
12-03-07, 6:06 pm
haha. that is awful.

The worst part for the Ipod, so I tactfully ask him if hes actually listening to this while working out, he replies Yes I am! I just walk off like what the fuck! And to top it all off is that I was doing deads! So holy shit it was the ultimate test!LOL!

Gehlbach!
12-03-07, 6:08 pm
Last week I was in between sets...smith machine incline press...stepped to the side to catch my wind...and a young sagging sideways hat youth just took the incline off my bench and sat...so....I said...."yo...bro...I was training here..." his responce was...."I was going to sit down"...to yak on his cell....so I said.." bro...dont sit....you are here to train...not sit" and he said...."yo...didnt see your name on the machine..."...and I said...." buddy...when Im using a machine...you either wait or ask to work with me...till then....show your elders a bit of respect and dont let the gray hair fool you"....later that night...I approached this fellow....and said to him ...hay man...you ok with me...seems like you wanted to take my head off....and at the time I was wearing my XXL sweat/hoody...but then just my animal Tank and he said....Im sorry mister...really fucked up with you man....did not mean to jump you..."...I shook his hand and he did forarms with me...and made another friend..

BUT....it just amazes me how fast a young fellow will fuck with the older animal...but truth be told...he got the picture when we trained arms...and knows the Animal spirit lives in this old fucker...and its a spirit I will never give up....and in this case glad I took time to talk to this fellow....you just never know

BRAVO! That is awesome!

The Prodigy
12-03-07, 6:53 pm
people who fuckin load the squat bar up with 4 plates and do 3 inch squats. and the dumbasses that cheer them on while they are doing it. ATG PUSSY.

GODSEY
12-04-07, 6:21 pm
The janitor deciding to vacuum around me whiile I do leg extensions, seriously, he vacuumed in a circle all the way around me, came to within inches of bumping me, happened this morning, kind of tested my concentration, maybe God wants me to have more patience...

daninarmy
12-04-07, 8:27 pm
Fat trainers oh and no 35 plates ????

MetalAsh12
12-04-07, 8:32 pm

What a bad attitude on his part...

Grim Tavis
12-06-07, 2:56 pm
I snapped at a guy a couple of weeks ago for talking on his cell phone 1 foot behind me while I was doing squats. To be clear, this Fitness World gym does not have a standard squat rack. It has...how do I explain it...an angled rack with the flat part at the bottom? More suited for doing shrugs etc. Anyway, the point is that to do squats properly, I have to walk the damn barbell right out of this stupid rack. The doofus saw me do this at least once, but on my 3rd set, he is standing right behind me chatting away on his cell phone. Ugh! I finally racked the bar and told him to take his cell phone out to the lobby and not use it right near people lifting. This bugger never batted an eye. Chirp, chirp, chirp he starts lipping me off. I was stunned. I am not a pro lifter by any means, but I am a pretty big dude and this guys is just right in my face. I eventually just ignored him but he kept going. I wonder what it is with people that get called upon for doing something wrong/stupid and then think that they are the ones wronged??? Like others, I dont want to resort to any sort of violence, but with some people I wonder if that is the only thing that they will "listen" to!

Anyway, I quit that gym that day for that and many other reasons.

Michael Corleone
12-06-07, 10:42 pm
I train at a local ward gym (no "proper" gyms in the Japanese countryside). These things drive me crazy:
1. No squat rack or squat machine (have to heave the barbell over my head every time I do squats, calf raises and lunges).
2. The gym won't provide a squat rack. I even offered to pay for it myself but they declined.
3. The heaviest set dumbbell is 22 lbs.
4. To use a dumbbell over 22 lbs, you have to attach plates to a bar and screw a flimsy collar on (that always threatens to fail and drop the weights on my face during pullovers)
5. Pin always falls out of flimsy collar.
6. Only straight barbells (10 lb bar). No EZ bar, etc.
7. No chin up bar.
8. No cable machines.
9. You have to wipe everything down with a cloth EVERY time you use it (otherwise the housewives/old folks tut and groan).

Having said that it only costs $2 each time and it's better than nothing. Working out here makes me even prouder of my achievements.
One of these days I'm gonna open my own gym...

Malloy1344
12-07-07, 1:44 pm
I snapped at a guy a couple of weeks ago for talking on his cell phone 1 foot behind me while I was doing squats. To be clear, this Fitness World gym does not have a standard squat rack. It has...how do I explain it...an angled rack with the flat part at the bottom? More suited for doing shrugs etc. Anyway, the point is that to do squats properly, I have to walk the damn barbell right out of this stupid rack. The doofus saw me do this at least once, but on my 3rd set, he is standing right behind me chatting away on his cell phone. Ugh! I finally racked the bar and told him to take his cell phone out to the lobby and not use it right near people lifting. This bugger never batted an eye. Chirp, chirp, chirp he starts lipping me off. I was stunned. I am not a pro lifter by any means, but I am a pretty big dude and this guys is just right in my face. I eventually just ignored him but he kept going. I wonder what it is with people that get called upon for doing something wrong/stupid and then think that they are the ones wronged??? Like others, I dont want to resort to any sort of violence, but with some people I wonder if that is the only thing that they will "listen" to!

Anyway, I quit that gym that day for that and many other reasons.

I had a simliar experience with this before.......I was going hang snatches , and I was using that same rack, with a smith machine behind. These 6 losers were all taking turns benching(more weight than they can handle) and there talking , and on their phones and 3 times I had to turn around and tell them to get out of the way so I dont deck them with the bar......so frustrating working around retards.

Big Wides
12-07-07, 2:24 pm
I had a simliar experience with this before.......I was going hang snatches , and I was using that same rack, with a smith machine behind. These 6 losers were all taking turns benching(more weight than they can handle) and there talking , and on their phones and 3 times I had to turn around and tell them to get out of the way so I dont deck them with the bar......so frustrating working around retards.

you can't fix stupid.....

simpleguy
12-07-07, 2:29 pm
I train at a local ward gym (no "proper" gyms in the Japanese countryside). These things drive me crazy:
1. No squat rack or squat machine (have to heave the barbell over my head every time I do squats, calf raises and lunges).
2. The gym won't provide a squat rack. I even offered to pay for it myself but they declined.
3. The heaviest set dumbbell is 22 lbs.
4. To use a dumbbell over 22 lbs, you have to attach plates to a bar and screw a flimsy collar on (that always threatens to fail and drop the weights on my face during pullovers)
5. Pin always falls out of flimsy collar.
6. Only straight barbells (10 lb bar). No EZ bar, etc.
7. No chin up bar.
8. No cable machines.
9. You have to wipe everything down with a cloth EVERY time you use it (otherwise the housewives/old folks tut and groan).
Having said that it only costs $2 each time and it's better than nothing. Working out here makes me even prouder of my achievements.
One of these days I'm gonna open my own gym...

ok if we would have a contest for this I'd vote for you... I'm sorry to say it, but 22lbs the heaviest dumbbell? some people do their warm-ups with more than that; if needed change your gym bro, anyway we're here to support you

Jimmy
12-07-07, 2:41 pm
People who wear cologne to do cardio!!!

i can understand the thought, "oh i dont want to smell bad and offend the other members" thats cool, i suggest you take a nice shower beforehand, maybe use some of that brand spankin new axe body wash for a light refreshing clean scent. even some deodorant would be pretty acceptable. nobody wants to be "that guy" with the funk.

to summarize

shower and deodorant.....cool

half a bottle of Aqua di gio before you decide to get on the elliptical next to me....please refrain

when im out there exerting myself, breathing hard, i do not want to be choked by this noxious poison. everytime i fill my lungs i do not want it to feel like im in the fragrance section of macy's at christmas time!!!!!!!!!!!

dont worry, forgoing the cologne will not be detrimental to "your game" you werent gonna get any play on the elliptical in the first place. DONT NOBODY LOOK SEXY DOIN CARDIO!!! remember that next time you think of bathing yourself in cologne.

ThaiFighter
12-07-07, 5:44 pm
Women (even tho at times eye candy) sit there in my way just talking. one time had to tell them off just so they would move.

oh and there is this one dude, i'm sure all gyms have this guy, walks around like he is the man lifting nothing but machines and can't even perform a machine exercise correctly

damitramit
12-07-07, 8:03 pm
people who use benches to place their water..towels and shit on em and are doin crunches on the space in between the benches!!!Or people who take all the heavy dumbells and either do the shit tottaly wrong or never do a set just hold on to them for a fuckin hour!!OR the SMALLER ON BENCH WITH FOUR PLATES AND GOING 1INCH DOWN!!hahaha!! all i can do is laugh!!!

damitramit
12-07-07, 8:03 pm
**smaller Guy

LegendKillerJosh
12-07-07, 8:25 pm
Women (even tho at times eye candy) sit there in my way just talking. one time had to tell them off just so they would move.

oh and there is this one dude, i'm sure all gyms have this guy, walks around like he is the man lifting nothing but machines and can't even perform a machine exercise correctly

My gym has this guy that does sprints and jogs around the gym, not on a treadmill! Can't stand him.

Michael Corleone
12-08-07, 6:51 pm
ok if we would have a contest for this I'd vote for you... I'm sorry to say it, but 22lbs the heaviest dumbbell? some people do their warm-ups with more than that; if needed change your gym bro, anyway we're here to support you

Thanks for that Simpleguy. I would change my gym if there was another one around here. I would even buy my own equipment if I lived in a place big enough. Still, I'll survive with my gym until there is a chance to do something about it - I'm serious about my training and shit facilities are NOT gonna stop me. It just takes a bit more time to load weights onto free dumbbells each time but still doable. Grrr.

1qazx
12-09-07, 6:14 pm
OK so im in my 2nd year of high school...

1. All the freshmen who act like they can bench a lot but they cant.
2. People who take super long breaks.
3. People who accuse me of being on roids even though i earn my size with hard work.
4. when 5+ people go around the same bench.
6. The same song list is played every day in the same order.
7. when i want to use a machine/ dumbell/bench the kid already using it takes forever just to piss me off.

srb3189
12-09-07, 7:25 pm
1. The Pop Music I have to listen to.
2. Being asked to leave because of my Animal STFU and train shirt.
3. No half cages
4. The so called "trainers"
5. The womens strength training classes that take up all of the two bench presses to do abs.
6. The snack bar that sells literally all unhealthy food.
7. That I really cannot use the sauna because the old men believe that clothing is forbidden.
These are just a few of my favorite things.

P.S. That list is about to triple because its about that time of year again where the gym becomes unbearably filled with New Years resolution folks.

-Steve

PrometheusCon
12-09-07, 9:10 pm
1. The Pop Music I have to listen to.
2. Being asked to leave because of my Animal STFU and train shirt.
3. No half cages
4. The so called "trainers"
5. The womens strength training classes that take up all of the two bench presses to do abs.
6. The snack bar that sells literally all unhealthy food.
7. That I really cannot use the sauna because the old men believe that clothing is forbidden.
These are just a few of my favorite things.

P.S. That list is about to triple because its about that time of year again where the gym becomes unbearably filled with New Years resolution folks.

-Steve

Oh man. The New Years resolution folks murder me. They are the worst. Thank goodness over 3/4 of them leave after mid-February.

The gyms at my college are really good; a lot better than the YMCA I had to go to at the beginning of the year. The only thing that bugs me is people who just piss around, but there are very few at PSU.

However, back home, there is always a ground of guys who are actually pretty big, but they screw around a lot. They always talk really loud about the amount of alcohol they drank or the chicks they 'want to bang'. There is a wall of mirrors they always flex in front of. Their egos are incredible. I don't understand how/why they are trying to be hardcore in front of 40 year women or 14 year old girls. It's not like they are intimidating anyways. It's just annoying.

MClouser
12-09-07, 10:21 pm
Where to begin.....

1. Blaring "hardcore music" like "IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS!!!"
2. 5:00 is like New York rush hour traffic in the gym.
3. People getting in my way
4. Theres this one guy in my gym, hes been going there for years, does ONLY chest and arms, he asks me one day "man my shoulder is really hurting me, do you have any tricks that might help me?" I say "yea sure try laying off the same workouts everyday and maybe you will bench press more than 185 lbs!".....Needless to say he has not talked to me since.

Lleonart
12-20-07, 12:41 pm
It is hard to make this list short.....

1-All these guys that come to gym dressed like they are going to a club
2-Seaching for clips for the bars
3-People doing partials and bragging about it
4-People that try to talk to you in the middle of you lifting
5-There are these guys that always walk around tell you that you are going to hurt yourself when you are going to lift heavier weight then them.

ghost
12-20-07, 12:51 pm
the worst thing about my gym is having to walk ALL the way down to my basement to fucking train...DAMNIT, it is so far away.

Lleonart
12-20-07, 12:52 pm
the worst thing about my gym is having to walk ALL the way down to my basement to fucking train...DAMNIT, it is so far away.

Damn that made me laugh lol

Phoenix Rising
12-20-07, 1:11 pm

I feel your pain, I have have to deal with the same long commute each day as well.

ghost
12-20-07, 1:13 pm
I feel your pain, I have have to deal with the same long commute each day as well.

haha, i tell ya....leaping over mounds of laundry....dodging, well nothing..lol. sure takes its toll. i need to move the gym equipment upstairs.

norrim1
12-20-07, 1:16 pm
haha, i tell ya....leaping over mounds of laundry....dodging, well nothing..lol. sure takes its toll. i need to move the gym equipment upstairs.

I have the same problem...haha. You always have to watch out while going down the stairs and tripping, which could result in a career ending injury...lol

ghost
12-20-07, 1:20 pm
I have the same problem...haha. You always have to watch out while going down the stairs and tripping, which could result in a career ending injury...lol

Charging down the stairs, BAM...blow out a knee..you are FUCT.

houseofpain
12-30-07, 8:07 pm
lets see....do i have time to name them all?

-only having ONE squat rack and only TWO benches
-no power racks
-the 50 year old women in the matching spandex suit, complete with headband, doing aerobics and jumping over and around the benches while i'm trying to do a set
-the guys who i see religiously one day of the week (Monday) to come in a do their "killer" chest and bicep workouts. the only thing "killer" about those workouts is me having to watch them do exercises completely wrong and ask me for a spot.
-the music. oh god...the god awful music. thank god i got an ipod for christmas.
-the looks and stares i get when i wear my animal t shirts
-too many to keep naming

scott
12-30-07, 8:24 pm
the one thing is people that dont know the first thing about anything! doin way to much damn weight/ horrible form.....and not accomplishing a thing. they ask for my advice, i tell em and they get pissed. sorry you dont know everything bro.
also getting accused of roids pisses me off more than anything. a couple of guys use them so obviously i have to be on them. cuz thats the only way to get big...BULL SHIT. i think people that use roids are cheaters...not trying to offend anyone but thats me. i believe in hard friggin work.

Pizzalamp
12-30-07, 9:40 pm
So because I still work with my trainer(who still is at the Planet fitness-used to be world gym sighhhh) we work out at the diff planets in town

well recently i got to work out at the main planet in my city

lets see
on the wall above the single dumbell rack, a sign that says "deadlifts are not allowed" i thought this was the funniest thing i ever saw

The infamous lunk alarm(i finally got to see one) and a sign next to it that said "lunk-noun-someone who drops weights, grunts, screams, or judges others"

another sign-"dropping of weights constitutes termination of membership"

only 2 free weight barbell benches, the rest of the place was crammed with machines.

a plasma tv in the locker room

and at least 3 people gave me the evil eye in the locker room

i would say i was more amused than angry over my visit to planet that day lol

Maharg
12-30-07, 10:00 pm
on the wall above the single dumbell rack, a sign that says "deadlifts are not allowed" i thought this was the funniest thing i ever saw

The infamous lunk alarm(i finally got to see one) and a sign next to it that said "lunk-noun-someone who drops weights, grunts, screams, or judges others"

Please tell me you grunted during a set of heavy ass deads and dropping it at the top of the rep. While screaming.

k1usa
12-31-07, 1:31 am
guys at my gym with PHD's....work at Cisco....Microsoft....and cant fucking read the numbers on the dumbells and match them with where they go on the rack....and stand around and look at the machines and weights...and just talk and smell the place up.....but at least when you tell them to move...they fucken fly away......they get in the way at times...but its all part of the gig

BigBlueBear
12-31-07, 3:07 am
Please tell me you grunted during a set of heavy ass deads and dropping it at the top of the rep. While screaming.

Hell... I would've screamed out while droppin a duece in the locker room. Let's see them lunk alarm that bad boy.

Pizzalamp
12-31-07, 11:45 pm
hahaha I was actually thinking about it

Hell... I would've screamed out while droppin a duece in the locker room. Let's see them lunk alarm that bad boy.

rofl

gripperm
01-01-08, 2:52 am
They tried to make it a " No grunting or yelling" gym until they realized that the free weighter s were the majority of the members and that the gym bunnies and gym social butterfly's had to learn to deal with it.

Brick By Brick
01-01-08, 12:39 pm
I like my gym for the most part. Last time I went in, there was one other person lifting. He set an energy drink on the stereo and left. After about 30 minutes, I figured he was gone, so I threw the empty drink in the trash. He showed up about 5 minutes later, started BSing with me because we were the only two people there. He tells me, "I think I'll go tan for a while, then do about 30 minutes of cardio." For some reason, I found that creepy.

gripperm
01-01-08, 1:11 pm

l

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/ogar1/18grunt6502.jpg

Pizzalamp
01-01-08, 1:12 pm

LOL

focused
01-01-08, 1:46 pm

wow....i'm impressed. they go all out with that thing. but..thats still an absolute joke.