PDA

View Full Version : Worst fucking thing about my gym is...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Avenue J
01-01-08, 11:01 pm
The infamous lunk alarm(i finally got to see one) and a sign next to it that said "lunk-noun-someone who drops weights, grunts, screams, or judges others"

another sign-"dropping of weights constitutes termination of membership"

Dictionary.com's definition of "Lunk":
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lunk

I wonder what they're trying to really say there.

BigCountry021
01-01-08, 11:04 pm
The thing I hate most about my gym is that it gets so hot sometimes I just wanna take my shirt off. Can't do that though cuz some fat chick might get offended. What a joke.

Pizzalamp
01-01-08, 11:05 pm
Dictionary.com's definition of "Lunk":
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lunk

I wonder what they're trying to really say there.

ya know for a judgement free gym theres a lot of judging going on LOL

when i was working out they have a message over the pa system that has a pleasant sounding women's voice say"at planet fitness there are no bodybuilders"
i also enjoy the messages of pizza and bagel nights

norrim1
01-01-08, 11:08 pm

when i was working out they have a message over the pa system that has a pleasant sounding women's voice say"at planet fitness there are no bodybuilders"

Are you serious? Sounds like that movie 1984 where "Big Brother" is calling the shots...haha

bigrhino
01-01-08, 11:10 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/ogar1/18grunt6502.jpg

I'm sure the soccer moms aren't very judging... You can't set the lunk alarm on them

Avenue J
01-01-08, 11:11 pm
Hmmm.... I hate people in general, so this is just perfect. I was looking through some of the replies from last year and I noticed that pretty much everyone said the same thing- no one picks up after themselves. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

In no particular order, here we go....

1. Assholes who can't put the weights back. They put 'em on- take 'em the fuck off. (The funniest thing is that there's signs all over my gym w/rules that NO ONE follows.) Leave the dumbells on the floor, so someone can fall over them- yeah that's a brilliant move.

2. Does it look like there's a fucking maid service in the gym? Finish your drink, find the garbage & throw it out. Holy fuck!

3. People who sweat, and leave their sweat marks on the benches. Omg, that is the MOST disgusting thing in the world. That's why there's paper towel dispensers around w/a bottle of spray cleaner!

4. The dumb bitches who come in dressed up like it's a fashion show w/their matching bootie outfits and dolled up for the gym like they're going to the club. Can I ask, what is the point? You're gonna sweat anyway- that's if they actually do something in the gym other than sit & talk to all the guys for more than an hour....

5. The guys who come in, same concept as the chicks sans makeup lol... Wearing their stupid baseball hats off to the side. Yeah, you look dumb. Thanks.

6. People who hog machines like there's no one else in the gym who wants to use them. I walked in to my gym one afternoon to use the leg press machine, and I was walking over, this jerkoff comes over to me and says "sorry no, I'm using it" like a pretentious snob...so I wound up going near the dumbells. I watched him in the mirror THE ENTIRE TIME. He was using it for 45 minutes, walking away, talking to his friend, coming back, having his friend use it. The other legpress machine was being used by another inconsiderate fat dude, who was on there for at least 90 mins. I shit you people not. Keep in mind, I was pms'ing, so seeing this go down, infuriated me more, and I wanted to go over and rip this asshole's head off...but I didn't lol.

7. Club music. Who really wants that crap? I thankfully have my ipod but sometimes, they just blast the music so loud, I can hear it OVER my ipod. The good thing about my gym is this- if it's quiet, and the music sucks, you can request to change it and 98% of the time, they will. (The people who work there are uber cool...)

I think that's about the end of my rant. WEE!!!

Avenue J
01-01-08, 11:12 pm

LMAO.....are you serious?? It's like a twisted episode of Futurama!!!

Pizzalamp
01-01-08, 11:13 pm
Are you serious? Sounds like that movie 1984 where "Big Brother" is calling the shots...haha

haha i was thinking the same thing-its like a police state in there-everyone is so quiet and talks quitely to one another and the front desk staff are always watching staring even

Pizzalamp
01-01-08, 11:17 pm
LMAO.....are you serious?? It's like a twisted episode of Futurama!!!

lol i forget the whole message but its like
here at planet fitness, there are no bodybuilders no meatheads no judgement"

GJN5002
01-02-08, 12:06 am
isnt it funny that we the apparent 'lunks' are some of the most open minded and hungry to learn from others while others who work out twice a week at places like planet fitness wonder why they arent making any gains doing 30 mins on the tread mill followed by some bicep training only to talk shit and say we 'lunks' are on illegal sunstances.

BigRor
01-02-08, 12:10 am
So i work at the gym at my school and since im the only one that does anything around there i take pride in how it is kept... one night after cleaning the whole place top to bottom and ready to close this kid comes in and gets on one of the bikes and starts using it, i told him i was closing in a minute or two and he said he'll be done in a minute... being a good person i take the extra minute to let him finish and just as he gets off the bike he fucking spits on the floor right in front of me... i flip out, walk over to him knock his ass on the floor, spit in his face and said eye for an eye now get the fuck out... havent seen the kid in there since haha.

norrim1
01-02-08, 12:26 am
So i work at the gym at my school and since im the only one that does anything around there i take pride in how it is kept... one night after cleaning the whole place top to bottom and ready to close this kid comes in and gets on one of the bikes and starts using it, i told him i was closing in a minute or two and he said he'll be done in a minute... being a good person i take the extra minute to let him finish and just as he gets off the bike he fucking spits on the floor right in front of me... i flip out, walk over to him knock his ass on the floor, spit in his face and said eye for an eye now get the fuck out... havent seen the kid in there since haha.

Easy bro, try to keep stuff like this to yourself. Posts like these don't go very well around here...

Avenue J
01-02-08, 1:14 am

Wow..dude...there's a way to handle situations like this, and you went about it the absolute wrong way.

Gehlbach!
01-02-08, 1:20 pm
Wow..dude...there's a way to handle situations like this, and you went about it the absolute wrong way.

X2

"Be Above the Fray" thats the right saying here.

dungeonlifter13
01-02-08, 2:56 pm
Guys weighing 150 lbs wearing under armor and carrying a gallon jug of water round the gym. The sight of that doesn't piss me off. I just laugh to myself. But me laughing pisses me off because it broke my concentration.

Big Wides
01-02-08, 3:05 pm
Guys weighing 150 lbs wearing under armor and carrying a gallon jug of water round the gym. The sight of that doesn't piss me off. I just laugh to myself. But me laughing pisses me off because it broke my concentration.

we all started somewhere, you shouldnt be laughing at them but acknowelding the simple fact that they are out training just the same as you and me......Rome started out as barron land but became an empire, we are no different

ghost
01-02-08, 3:09 pm

yeah, if i were in there and saw you do that....you would have been arrested. or taken out back and Shot.

Young&Hungry
01-02-08, 3:52 pm
My gym has this guy that does sprints and jogs around the gym, not on a treadmill! Can't stand him.

I have a guy almost like that in my gym too. It's insane the shit he does - it's like a Navy SEAL calistenics/Tae Bo/Crossfit Hardcore/HIIT Cardio/Pilates combo on crack while sprinting around the gym in a crazy circuit. I've seen him do punches on the bag with 50 pound dumbbells, shoulder press 275, do clapping DIPS, Pilate-type bodyweight static exercises, take the heavy bag off the ceiling and do clean and presses - all in a sprint ciruit dodging people and machines like an agility drill. The guy is pretty huge to boot, has to be at least 230 and cut to boot.

Brute
01-02-08, 4:05 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/ogar1/18grunt6502.jpg

Wow. Given the world we live in I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Brute
01-02-08, 4:06 pm
I have a guy almost like that in my gym too. It's insane the shit he does - it's like a Navy SEAL calistenics/Tae Bo/Crossfit Hardcore/HIIT Cardio/Pilates combo on crack while sprinting around the gym in a crazy circuit. I've seen him do punches on the bag with 50 pound dumbbells, shoulder press 275, do clapping DIPS, Pilate-type bodyweight static exercises, take the heavy bag off the ceiling and do clean and presses - all in a sprint ciruit dodging people and machines like an agility drill. The guy is pretty huge to boot, has to be at least 230 and cut to boot.

You should ask him if he visits this site, and if he doesn't I'm sure he'd appreciate learning about it.

dungeonlifter13
01-02-08, 4:42 pm
I agree Wides with your analogy on Rome, and I help every beginner that comes up to me at the gym. But some of these posers in the gym just take up space.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-02-08, 10:56 pm
i have been working forever on my body and am pretty happy weighing only 165 pounds. I exercise a lot due to my work so i cant keep the weight on. Doesn't mean im not strong though. Its amazing watching some of the littlest people at my gym out lift the monsters.

The thing that annoys me at my gym is watching the personal trainers prescribe the same training sessions for every individual, regardless of their goals or current fitness level. But i guess you get what you pay for.

firsthorseman97
01-03-08, 11:13 am
I've been helping a buddy reach his goals at his gym. He set up an appt. with a personal trainer to check his bodyfat. She had no fuckin' clue. Too make this long story short... he's not as defined as me, I don't have ripped abs, she came up with 12% for myself (very believeable) and 7% for HIM! I about laughed out loud. I told him no way and he said its just a gauge. How is it a guage when its that fucked up? She had to keep reading instructions off the computer to figure out how to do it. Also... I had to correct her on proper form and proper breathing when training someone. Can you get a personal training license out of a cereal box now days? A personal trainer is someone who is supposed to know the little things that make all the difference in training.

Avenue J
01-03-08, 12:06 pm
I walked into my gym last night, and right there in the middle of the floor was the 80lb fitted barbell....not one single person used it for the first 40 mins that I was there. Unfuckingreal.

Then by the dumbells, sat 2 of the 60lb dumbells on the floor next to a bench with no one using them.

For fuck's sake- the dumbell rack is 4ft away from the benches. Is it really that god damn difficult?

So I went to complain to the staff & the GM about it. I mentioned that some of the people in my gym seem to think that there's maid service in there. One of the staffers said I should've yelled at the person who left it there- I would've if I had seen it done. Especially the mood I was in last night lol. But the GM said they're going to be implementing something soon. I wonder...

ghost
01-03-08, 12:15 pm
So I went to complain to the staff & the GM about it. I mentioned that some of the people in my gym seem to think that there's maid service in there. One of the staffers said I should've yelled at the person who left it there- I would've if I had seen it done. Especially the mood I was in last night lol. But the GM said they're going to be implementing something soon. I wonder...

at my old gym, As an employee...if we saw someone NOT racking their weights and have given them a warning already, we cancel their membership without a refund because it is in the contract that they sign....

HoldFast
01-03-08, 2:52 pm
I love the fact that my gym has the worst hours on the god damn planet. Not to mention that while they are open they have at any given time at least 10 employees that do NOTHING. They do not clean, or train clients. They just walk around and talk to each other like jackasses. God forbid you have a question or would like to buy something on your way / out of the club and they either have no god damn clue about anything, or act like they are bothered to do their god damn jobs. Would be nice if they stayed open a little longer and had some of the above said douches work without their ass buddies...

firsthorseman97
01-03-08, 2:57 pm
at my old gym, As an employee...if we saw someone NOT racking their weights and have given them a warning already, we cancel their membership without a refund because it is in the contract that they sign....

Wish my gym did that. They have a new guy in charge of the weight room and he's starting to get shit straightened out. Thank God!

Carpe Diem P.T
01-03-08, 6:59 pm
I've been helping a buddy reach his goals at his gym. He set up an appt. with a personal trainer to check his bodyfat. She had no fuckin' clue. Too make this long story short... he's not as defined as me, I don't have ripped abs, she came up with 12% for myself (very believeable) and 7% for HIM! I about laughed out loud. I told him no way and he said its just a gauge. How is it a guage when its that fucked up? She had to keep reading instructions off the computer to figure out how to do it. Also... I had to correct her on proper form and proper breathing when training someone. Can you get a personal training license out of a cereal box now days? A personal trainer is someone who is supposed to know the little things that make all the difference in training.

what if your form is incorrect and its hers thats right? so many cooks in this one little kitchen. I hope you werent arrogant about it. Nothing worse than some jerk trying to show off his knowledge when you are only starting out. Obviously she received poor training which is probably not her fault. Being a good personal trainer takes years of practical experience, not months of quality institution training.

These days you can do a personal trainers cert in a matter of weeks. they pump them out in to mass corporate gyms and basically train them on the spot.

Avenue J
01-03-08, 8:21 pm

If I start seeing a decline in members, then I'll know that was implemented lol

Pizzalamp
01-03-08, 9:46 pm
i think the worst case of not reracking i ever saw was when i was doing cardio one night, and my treadmill was by the hammer decline machine.
well a very athletic looking extreme martial arts guy came over, loaded the machine to the max with 6 plates, easily pressed it 7 or 8 times then just walked away and out the door.

HoldFast
01-03-08, 11:43 pm
i think the worst case of not reracking i ever saw was when i was doing cardio one night, and my treadmill was by the hammer decline machine.
well a very athletic looking extreme martial arts guy came over, loaded the machine to the max with 6 plates, easily pressed it 7 or 8 times then just walked away and out the door.

My bad bro.

mallard75
01-03-08, 11:47 pm
I'm sure most of you guys can relate to this. Right about now the worst thing about my gym is the 50 or so people who just joined because of the new year. It sucks because most of them just take up space and have no idea what to do in the gym. Its cool though cuz once mid February gets here 90 percent of them will have quit

firsthorseman97
01-04-08, 8:00 am
what if your form is incorrect and its hers thats right? so many cooks in this one little kitchen. I hope you werent arrogant about it. Nothing worse than some jerk trying to show off his knowledge when you are only starting out. Obviously she received poor training which is probably not her fault. Being a good personal trainer takes years of practical experience, not months of quality institution training.

These days you can do a personal trainers cert in a matter of weeks. they pump them out in to mass corporate gyms and basically train them on the spot.

I'm never arrogant in the gym. You brought a a great point. When she was torking out by herself her form was bad on her DB tri extentions. I have talked with other trains and they confirm my beliefs... Do not bend your arm much past 90 and elbows in. She was the opposite... as low as she could go and elbows out. She was then using a DB for some side bends for obliques and was holding her breath instead of focused breathing and squeeze. I told her by saying " I was always told to..." and "maybe look into and let me know if I'm wrong..."

I just believe a Personal trainer should have knowledge in the little details that make the big differences. She is new and I'm sure she'll learn more as she goes, like we all do.

walkintobattle
01-04-08, 2:05 pm
Old Guys sitting/ standing at equipment talking. People not putting weights back where they go and mixing up the plates

Big Wides
01-04-08, 3:03 pm
people not wearing enough clothes to cover their bodies or wearing something that they shouldnt be......I am very close to just training in my singlet one day there to show people why you dont train in just spandex

IRBS
01-04-08, 3:06 pm
I am very close to just training in my singlet one day there to show people why you dont train in just spandex

LOL DO IT!!! Just please have G video and/or take pictures....preferably with peoples faces in the gym.

Big Wides
01-04-08, 3:32 pm
LOL DO IT!!! Just please have G video and/or take pictures....preferably with peoples faces in the gym.

that is the only thing stopping me from doing it, out of respect to G and Juggernaut......and probably the whole gym as well.....

Malloy1344
01-04-08, 3:34 pm
people not wearing enough clothes to cover their bodies or wearing something that they shouldnt be......I am very close to just training in my singlet one day there to show people why you dont train in just spandex

We can always take it a step further and train in our underwear only so we can say " I found a way to wear less clothes than you" to the Globo Gym Patrons

Pizzalamp
01-04-08, 7:57 pm
Hey fellow Globo Gym customers
so tonight I got to see the common site of guys wearing bright loud bathing suits in the gym. i could never figure that 1 out. Its gotta be 20 degrees here in connecticut
Classic!!

WeeMan
01-05-08, 2:52 pm
i love my gym with all my heart!!
all the urinals in the toilest are hanging squint, there are ceiling tiles missing, there is a big puddle right next to the leg press machines,its hot and stinks of sweat, not one bench doesnt have duck tape on it. the staff are cool (half of them are powerlifters) and to get to it you have to walk through to the back of a shiney sparkling Cardio gym full of fat rich people and climb up the old fire escape stair where half the metal steps wobble!!

the only thing i hate about it is that its closing for good in february!!!!!!!!!

McKnife
01-05-08, 3:05 pm
i love my gym with all my heart!!
all the urinals in the toilest are hanging squint, there are ceiling tiles missing, there is a big puddle right next to the leg press machines,its hot and stinks of sweat, not one bench doesnt have duck tape on it. the staff are cool (half of them are powerlifters) and to get to it you have to walk through to the back of a shiney sparkling Cardio gym full of fat rich people and climb up the old fire escape stair where half the metal steps wobble!!

the only thing i hate about it is that its closing for good in february!!!!!!!!!

sorry for you, sounds like the kind of gym I would like... hope you'll find another place like this

WeeMan
01-05-08, 3:10 pm
sorry for you, sounds like the kind of gym I would like... hope you'll find another place like this

thanks man, a guy at my work is a competative BBer, he really wants me to compete so im gonna train with him, his gym is kinda similar.

nupe954
01-06-08, 4:15 pm
people holding conversations and sitting on equipment you want to use...

pmug0000
01-06-08, 5:07 pm
Since I am away from school for the holiday's right now I am training at my local YMCA - need I say more?

Toni69
01-06-08, 5:15 pm
people holding conversations and sitting on equipment you want to use...

holy shit..you know friday I was using the smitty for squats and I was doing a giant set right. I finished the set and had to go to the bathroom. There were these guys there that saw what I was doing and I didnt unrack anything so they had to have known I was goin for another round. Now..I time myself cause I hate resting for too long for different reasons...I get back to the weight room and these friggin dudes unracked the smitty and hooked themselves up for chest press. They waited till I left??? So, I said hey..I still had another set..I just went to the bathroom. They said well, we are active duty and have 30min to train and no time to wait for you to finish your superset.

Ok...so I kinda was like...fine..I guess that's a good excuse right? I walked off and did the giant set, and excluded that exercise for the time being. Would you believe...45min went by and they were there dicking around, laughing...talking about girls and how they wanna hit it and shit...resting for like 15min between sets!

I went up to them and asked...you done cause I need the smitty..they werent even using it. They said no..we are using it.

I said what for? you have been leaning on it for the past 15min bullshitting about wanting to get laid and you cant cause your a friggin idiot.

I kinda felt weird after saying that but I was pissed. They finally left after making faces and comments under their breadth. I was all like phew...I need to check myself before I wreck myself here! ROFL!!! Dam New York attitude is gonna get me killed one day!

Hey...I got my dam smitty though. LOL

LiftBig315
01-06-08, 6:12 pm
The Music, Lazy people who don't pick up, people who take half an hour with the fucking db's or any other piece of equipment for that matter (while 20 minutes of that is used for talking to somebody else).

Lacking some things around the gym, but can't complain too much. A real leg press would be good..the one they have goes up to 495

D-Bomb
01-06-08, 6:18 pm
we recently got some new machines in, the leg presses they had before were shocking both of them were broken...the one they have now goes up to 1320lbs without counting the sled :-)

DocMay5506
01-07-08, 10:43 am
televisions in gyms....
and the guy who complains to the manager when i shut it off

WeeMan
01-07-08, 2:49 pm
haha i saw the funniest thing ever in the gym last night, a guy dont about 5 reps of barbell curls with the worst form iv ever seen, and not a heavy weight. then he'd spend about 10 minutes infront of the mirror doing spot boxing and kung-fu moves!! i was sitting on the bike laughing my head off!!

slats06
01-07-08, 4:13 pm
Man I thought I have seen it all, you guys have some crazy people at your gyms. Funniest thing I have seen was a man probably 30's dressed out in a tight tank and some shorts reading the paper while he was doing leg extension. Luckily he was off by the time I got to it

Slats

nupe954
01-07-08, 4:25 pm
holy shit..you know friday I was using the smitty for squats and I was doing a giant set right. I finished the set and had to go to the bathroom. There were these guys there that saw what I was doing and I didnt unrack anything so they had to have known I was goin for another round. Now..I time myself cause I hate resting for too long for different reasons...I get back to the weight room and these friggin dudes unracked the smitty and hooked themselves up for chest press. They waited till I left??? So, I said hey..I still had another set..I just went to the bathroom. They said well, we are active duty and have 30min to train and no time to wait for you to finish your superset.

Ok...so I kinda was like...fine..I guess that's a good excuse right? I walked off and did the giant set, and excluded that exercise for the time being. Would you believe...45min went by and they were there dicking around, laughing...talking about girls and how they wanna hit it and shit...resting for like 15min between sets!

I went up to them and asked...you done cause I need the smitty..they werent even using it. They said no..we are using it.

I said what for? you have been leaning on it for the past 15min bullshitting about wanting to get laid and you cant cause your a friggin idiot.

I kinda felt weird after saying that but I was pissed. They finally left after making faces and comments under their breadth. I was all like phew...I need to check myself before I wreck myself here! ROFL!!! Dam New York attitude is gonna get me killed one day!

Hey...I got my dam smitty though. LOL

damn straight toni! Those type of dudes really get to me..but i crank my ipod up louder and continue to get beasty

Hendo
01-09-08, 10:38 am
People who don't pick up after themselves and just leave everything where they last used it.

Clutter because the new owner is trying to fit all kinds of unneeded crap into the place... he cleared out a giant section that used to have 3 hammer strength machines in it(which he kept) and put up a heavy bag that never gets used and looks like it was bought at a garage sale and probably only cost $20 when new... so now everything else is on top of itself... I feel like I have to do the limbo to get through the benches and machines now.

Guys who go there to hang out and walk around but not work out.

Guys who wear wrist straps 100% of the time even for cardio and benching... (I guess they think they look cool hanging off their arms?) I'm sorry but that annoys me.

prowrestler
01-09-08, 4:36 pm
worst thing about my gym is i only like 1 of the smith machines and haveing to wait for it on squats and presses. i squat in a smith because i feel it alot more in the quads vs the lower back. i also do rack incline presses in there. basically you set the pins at the half way part of the inline press stroke and load up some weight. good for increasing lockout power and erasing a sticking point.

something i dont like is alot of people here insulting everyone else in there gym and acting like you deserve respect for it. you think that the soccer moms or the guys who put a bad name to teen age lifters think your a monster? chances are the dont give 2 shits about you. c'mon, dont fuckin whine,bitch and complain. your hardcore aren't you??? if so, you do not care what people think of you, aslong as you acheive your goals in the gym, who cares whats going on around you. not everyone wants to be a pro bodybuilder one day or weigh in at 275 pounds with a 7 percent body fat score. what is wrong with people who just want to get into shape considering how out of shape people are getting. now if someone steps in your way, now there is a problem. i read a post saying a personel trainer said you shouldnt be lifting a weight you cant handle. which brings me to a sterotype in the gym not offen talked about.

the people who critise your form. normally, they are guys who watch you as you lift. after your set on say, dumbbell rows, they talk to each other saying how you turned your back too much on that last rep. when lifting big, cheating is part of the game. effictive cheating promotes growth. if you can watch me lift and critise my form you obviously are not training hard enough. i like hearing them talk though, i turn my mp3 off but keep the headphones in my ear so i can hear them talk shit. funny when the say thing like, "he is doi9ng to much weight, his elbows are moving when he does those pushdowns" i am doing close grip presses on a cable. my elbows are suppost to move. people who talk shit about you are normally not able to understand or admit the fact that you are stronger and more determined and driven then they are. you make them look bad infront of their "goons". just make sure your not giving them reason to talk shit about you.

get the job done in the gym. people are just distractions and only you can make them problems. when someone gets in your way. solve the problem, get over it and continue to do what you do. if you are going forward in your training, fuck everbody else, your making gains and are on the right road to success.

Seifer
01-10-08, 12:08 am
haha i saw the funniest thing ever in the gym last night, a guy dont about 5 reps of barbell curls with the worst form iv ever seen, and not a heavy weight. then he'd spend about 10 minutes infront of the mirror doing spot boxing and kung-fu moves!! i was sitting on the bike laughing my head off!!

lmao thats hillarious!

I have a few more for you guys, some of these happened to me today even...

40's guy, looks like gomer pile kinda, who walks around with somewhat of a limp and stares at all the girls in the gym. Not just stares, but he seems to HAVE to speak to each and every one of them. Today I seen him doing tricep pushdowns and thought "OMG he's actually working out". Its THAT bad. He's always in the way somehow.

Some young guy has been at the gym lately and he works out with a fucking MOUTHPIECE (a bright green one!) in his mouth!

Oh yeah, nakedness. Its normal for guys to get naked when heading to the shower. I do it everyday. but theres this one guy, about 140lb with an afro (he's white), who talks for 20 minutes with his bluetooth while he fixes his hair....totally 100% naked in front of the mirror in the locker room. No towel. No underwear, just balls and a bluetooth. Fuck.

I think I mentioned it before but one guy carries around a HUGE book (hardback and about 3" thick) in the gym and reads it BETWEEN sets! One day a few weeks ago he stayed in a cage about 90% of the time I was there doing presses and reading.

These things dont hinder my work at the gym (most of them dont), but they are strange and/or stupid.

DaFr3aK
01-10-08, 1:20 am
the ppl who dont rack weights and then complain about there are alot of weightd around the free weightd area.
the guys who use crazy momentum to swing the Barbell up just to curl.
DB's in my gym only go up to 100 nd thats if you can find them.

BigBlueBear
01-10-08, 1:54 am
Ooooh Seifer... you reminded me of something the other day reference your afro dude.

Middle aged dude standin there butt naked shaving infront of the mirror. Ok... no problem so far, right. Yeah... other than he was resting his junk up on the counter in what I could only figure was to not squish it while he leaned it.

I mean come on... I don't care how clean your man pouch is... not on the freakin counter dude!

Toni69
01-10-08, 4:42 am
Ok..this happened to me monday as well, forgot to mention it earlier..I swear..being the only female lifter in my gym has its disadvantages cause either the guys just friggin hate me cause I lift like them or..ha..more than them...or they are just complete idiots at my place.

I was doin giant sets for legs right...3rd exercise out of 6 is the leg press. Im on my 2nd set...finished the 2nd exercise and ran over to leg press..got in...was in my zone so I didnt notice a plate was missing...just started repping it out. This friggin idiot walks next to me to chalk his hands while Im pressing and he is staring making a face. I finished my set, got out of the leg press and was like, what? He looked at my press and then I looked and then noticed the missing plate. I was like wtf! Did you take that plate off? Would you believe he said yes!

I got up and looked around and said..you couldnt take a dam plate from the racks? You saw I was doin giant sets and you took the plate off my press? He says...yea...like yea..so?

OMG! I wanted to just take this guy down..but I was already throwing my giant set off by even discussing this issue with him..I just kept goin with my set and he walked off thinking who knows what. I swear...some people are just friggin idiots..I mean really...idiotic people!

ghost
01-10-08, 8:12 am
lmao thats hillarious!

Some young guy has been at the gym lately and he works out with a fucking MOUTHPIECE (a bright green one!) in his mouth!

I can actually understand the mouthpiece one... when i worked at the powerhouse, we had a guy who was benching 550, and shattered 3 of his teeth from clenching his jaw too tight.

Squat_Heavy
01-10-08, 8:33 am
The fact that i always get called up on wednesdays by the manager swearing at me for using chalk and that all chalkuse is my fault.

krypto
01-10-08, 9:37 am
theres this one chick that comes to my gym who has more muscle on her than the average woman. well, now she thinks she an old school bodybuilder. she comes with these acid wash jeans and hip pack like shes old school, and then she trains people and maybe 90% of what shes doing is bad technique. not even kidding, i had a disagreement with her because apparently her method of barbell rows is bend over and pulling the bar to your chest, and i believe the bar is supposed to be pulled toward your abdomen!

Gehlbach!
01-10-08, 9:41 am
Ok..this happened to me monday as well, forgot to mention it earlier..I swear..being the only female lifter in my gym has its disadvantages cause either the guys just friggin hate me cause I lift like them or..ha..more than them...or they are just complete idiots at my place.

I was doin giant sets for legs right...3rd exercise out of 6 is the leg press. Im on my 2nd set...finished the 2nd exercise and ran over to leg press..got in...was in my zone so I didnt notice a plate was missing...just started repping it out. This friggin idiot walks next to me to chalk his hands while Im pressing and he is staring making a face. I finished my set, got out of the leg press and was like, what? He looked at my press and then I looked and then noticed the missing plate. I was like wtf! Did you take that plate off? Would you believe he said yes!

I got up and looked around and said..you couldnt take a dam plate from the racks? You saw I was doin giant sets and you took the plate off my press? He says...yea...like yea..so?

OMG! I wanted to just take this guy down..but I was already throwing my giant set off by even discussing this issue with him..I just kept goin with my set and he walked off thinking who knows what. I swear...some people are just friggin idiots..I mean really...idiotic people!

Toni- Tell me where you work out at so I know never to go there!! This shit is insane! What a bunch of ****** bags there!

Seifer
01-10-08, 1:55 pm
Yeah were gonna read about Toni one day, killing someone in her gym. lol

BamBam
01-10-08, 1:55 pm
One of the worst things about my gym is that there are NO ANIMALS in their other than myself...I am trying to get more and more guys and girls in the lifestyle and our ANIMAL brotherhood...I like being the Lone Wolf sometimes...but...I would love like 2 or 3...hell even one...ANIMALS in my gym to train with.

Oh well...gotta just get the guys in their in the forum and show them how it is really done

Brute
01-10-08, 2:04 pm
Yeah were gonna read about Toni one day, killing someone in her gym. lol

Given the number of times I've read posts where she's had problems with people in her gym, I wouldn't blame her.

BamBam
01-10-08, 2:18 pm
Given the number of times I've read posts where she's had problems with people in her gym, I wouldn't blame her.

x2

dyskee
01-10-08, 2:33 pm
toni will kick someass very soon :D

Toni69
01-10-08, 3:49 pm
LOL..I train on the military bases here in the UK...and they are American bases! This is what kills me the most. The one gym here I always go to is very small, very old skool looking and Im really the only female there that trains the way I do. I dont bother anyone..I just do my thing and I know practically everyone there cause the same people are there when Im there..but you get these gung-ho young military guys who I guess dont like the fact I lift the way I do??? dunno...I dont have an attitude unless you start shit with me first. This is getting to be much cause its actually the same group of guys that started showing up.

Oh well....and Im not gonna kill anyone....LOL...little ol me??? I may drop a dam DB on someones foot...or maybe take a plate off their dam bench press....shit...still cant believe that. To top it off..I didnt even feel the weight difference cause I was so in my zone. LOL

dominic51
01-10-08, 5:35 pm
the worst things about my gym is no chalk allowed,no good squat racks, heaviest dumbell is 105lbs.they play pussy music.workers get mad at us for being to loud, people in the way, most of the machines are from the 60"s or 70"s era ,and the thing that pisses me off the most is thay buy new cardio machines like every 6 months but wont buy or fix weight equiment

BamBam
01-10-08, 5:57 pm
Another thing to add to the list....when people use the leg press...for one incorrectly (the old trampoline method)...and then sit in it like it's some type of Lazy Boy recliner...when I NEED IT!!

Oh well...my leg day kicked ass today...hurts to do most anything and I love it.

krypto
01-10-08, 6:09 pm
One of the worst things about my gym is that there are NO ANIMALS in their other than myself...I am trying to get more and more guys and girls in the lifestyle and our ANIMAL brotherhood...I like being the Lone Wolf sometimes...but...I would love like 2 or 3...hell even one...ANIMALS in my gym to train with.

Oh well...gotta just get the guys in their in the forum and show them how it is really doneso what makes you an animal?

WeeMan
01-10-08, 6:15 pm
so what makes you an animal?

good question. a little frank. but good.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-10-08, 6:50 pm
my gym is a government type charity. All about helping the needy and disabled. Lots of aging veterans that go real hard and people less fortunate than us in many ways, pushing themselves more than we could even imagine through great adversity. They are animals in my book.

MassMonster
01-10-08, 7:12 pm
i swear this makes me laugh but also pisses me off.... 1st off my gym is pretty old skool and dungeon like.. and its divided into three rooms... so there are 2 guys who go to the gym only rarely... one has a very high ass voice and thinks he knows everything and insults my training partner on his form when this guy looks like he hasnt lifted ne thing in his life.... the other dude we call micheal jackson (spelling?) becuse all his ass does iis curl, look at himself in the mirror, and half dance and walk around the gym.. its not even like he really does curls he'll do three reps and walk around.... but what really grinds me about this dude... is the fact that we never get ne females lifting in our gym (women who do figure/bodybuilding comps) because some of the young wannabes (yes i kno im young ) try to throw cheesy lines... but i digress back to jacko.... we just got 2 female competitors in our gym they trin at odd hours but it seems everytime they rain this dumbass shows up and throws cheesy ass lines... like get this "oh yea i dont go to the gym to get chics or nutin im on a mission" i mean what kinda line is that? ne way i feel like chuckin a 25 at him to leave the poor ladies alone... shit our gym never gets respect by ne1 bodybuilding bc they feel its too "old" and when we get a couple he starts to scare um away...

BamBam
01-10-08, 10:55 pm
so what makes you an animal?

Read my journey...then you will see...or just ask MadCat or Fury...they know me pretty well (in the gym at least).

Guate Tio
01-10-08, 11:26 pm
PEople using machines for like half an hour... i think "wtf is he doing, 20 sets on that shit or what?" hahahahaha

daninarmy
01-11-08, 1:14 am
The equipment falling apart. bolt and nuts on the floor.

DreamZero
01-11-08, 11:29 am
the puke buckets (aka trash cans) are miles away from the squat racks.. not convenient.

krypto
01-11-08, 7:51 pm
Read my journey...then you will see...or just ask MadCat or Fury...they know me pretty well (in the gym at least).no offense, you're just dedicated for now, PM me in 10 years and if you are still going at it, then you're an animal. at the age of 20, life is easier than it is harder.

Indomitable Will
01-11-08, 9:13 pm
People that don't put there weights away is probably the worst thing about my gym. I've corrected people like twice, but that's the only two times I ever caught someone doing it. What's worse is the gym owner doesn't say shit. One time, he asks someone if they're done with the flat bench. The guy says yes, so then the owner goes over and takes the weight off. I'm thinking WTF? The next time the guy did it, I was there. So I politely told him he should put his weights away when he's done. I think he's actually been putting them away ever since!

Oh, and a couple months ago there were gym rules put up. One of them was no grunting. So, I'm quiet for the most part. (However, I've always liked deadlifting 405 silently while someone else was making all kinds of noise with some light ass weight).

What else......a couple of trainers the gym has had are worthless, there was no leg press until recently, the dumbbells only go to 120, showers were supposed to be put in two years ago, and what bugs me the most personally: about two years ago I told the owner I could work weekends there cause he was looking for someone. He's hired about twenty different people since. Mutha....

BamBam
01-11-08, 10:30 pm
no offense, you're just dedicated for now, PM me in 10 years and if you are still going at it, then you're an animal. at the age of 20, life is easier than it is harder.

Hah..ok...well just watch ESPN...I will be on this thing called the WSM...or just open an FLEX...I'll see ya there..

krypto
01-12-08, 9:38 am
Hah..ok...well just watch ESPN...I will be on this thing called the WSM...or just open an FLEX...I'll see ya there..right on, I'll be the first one to congratulate you.

The Brotherhood
01-13-08, 3:01 pm
Apart from people who don't re-rack weights (this gets me mad and I get very confrontational), I love my gym.

Its a university gym, has the usual; crappy music, teeny boppers, bench'n'curls guys, but it doesn't really bother me. The relationship that I have fostered with the gym makes it a sanctuary to me. Just thinking about it lifts my spirits and gives me a reason to stay alive.

I don't understand all the hate at the people who use poor form/look like crap but flex in the mirrors etc. Whats there to get mad at? Theyre amusing, if anything. If they don't affect me in any way I couldn't care less what they were doing. My hardcore workouts are no nobler than what they are doing; which commandment states that thou shalt lift hardcore or never enter a gym anyway?

Seifer
01-17-08, 12:53 am
This shit just gets better and better...

Two days ago this guy is in my gym right, well in the locker room he drags out this plastic hand held box. No big deal right. Well, its a fucking 'fart machine', and he takes it out into the workout areas and stands behind people as they workout and makes 'fart' noises with it, and laughs.

BODYBUILDER532
01-17-08, 8:18 am
THE WORST THING...............................where do i begin, people who JYST SIT THERE AND TALK and how its so dang packed that i have to change up everything i do to try and get a full workout in

ProteinAddict
01-17-08, 12:21 pm
I don't know if this has been said but;

People who load up the hack squat/leg press with like 10 plates on each side and lower the weight about 2 inches. Pisses me the fuck off.

Brute
01-17-08, 2:43 pm

Two days ago this guy is in my gym right, well in the locker room he drags out this plastic hand held box. No big deal right. Well, its a fucking 'fart machine', and he takes it out into the workout areas and stands behind people as they workout and makes 'fart' noises with it, and laughs.

Did he leave the gym in a stretcher?

JohnSell
01-17-08, 3:20 pm
1. No drinks allowed on the training floor except water

2. No dropping the weights (if your going till failure for a heavy weight, you cant just put them down slowly, and you guys know that)

3. People chatting on the machines to there buddies/cellphones/etc.

4. Terrible Dance/Techno/smooth pop music.

....i need a new gym

Pizzalamp
01-17-08, 5:53 pm

HAHAHAHAHHA

LiftBig315
01-17-08, 9:04 pm
HAHAHAHAHHA

It was Piazzlamp, haha

REBORN1
01-17-08, 9:06 pm
the non-stop techno music being played 24/7

YoungN'Hungry
01-17-08, 9:19 pm
this doesnt really ake me mad it just amuses me. i go to this really nice YMCA that gets all the newest stuff and the one thing missing was a squat rack. so instead of goin out and getting a nice rack it looks like they went to some homeless guy and had him build it hahaha. it brings that dungeony (sp) feel to an other wise stuck up place

bigrhino
01-17-08, 9:21 pm
1. No drinks allowed on the training floor except water

2. No dropping the weights (if your going till failure for a heavy weight, you cant just put them down slowly, and you guys know that)

3. People chatting on the machines to there buddies/cellphones/etc.

4. Terrible Dance/Techno/smooth pop music.

....i need a new gym

sounds like every gym in America. I just put my headphones on and try to block everyone out. I went for like 2 weeks without headphones b/c i accidentally broke them, and never could get to the store. people have the most ridiculous conversations. i am lying down on a bench and can hear these 2 frat guys talking about how trashed they were last night.

also, i can't hear myself make noises when i got headphones, therfore, others can't hear me. right?

JohnSell
01-17-08, 10:01 pm
sounds like every gym in America. I just put my headphones on and try to block everyone out. I went for like 2 weeks without headphones b/c i accidentally broke them, and never could get to the store. people have the most ridiculous conversations. i am lying down on a bench and can hear these 2 frat guys talking about how trashed they were last night.

also, i can't hear myself make noises when i got headphones, therfore, others can't hear me. right?

haha right on bro, i got this headphones that hug your ears, i just blast my ipod to full volume and get through it. Its funny how those usuall "frat guys" talking about that kinda stuff, are usually the ones comming up to you after you lift big weight saying "how did you get so strong?!" lol

Maharg
01-17-08, 10:48 pm
HAHAHAHAHHA

I am sorry but I might laugh if i was doing stiff leg dead lifts and someone used the machine I would just start cracking up. I ain't one to get offended easily so that would just make me laugh. Life is to short to get to angry over a joke in poor taste.

BigBlueBear
01-19-08, 2:19 pm
Not exactly my gym... but there's a new one that just opened up down the road on some new land. Not a bad deal at all, but what do they open up next store? A freakin Starschmuck's. I wanna go in there just one day and see how many people on the cardio equipment have their Super Mocha Vente Foamy Frothy Iced Coffee in the drink holder.

Gehlbach!
01-19-08, 5:31 pm
Not exactly my gym... but there's a new one that just opened up down the road on some new land. Not a bad deal at all, but what do they open up next store? A freakin Starschmuck's. I wanna go in there just one day and see how many people on the cardio equipment have their Super Mocha Vente Foamy Frothy Iced Coffee in the drink holder.

Sounds like you've been there before!LOL!

Sirus
01-19-08, 10:55 pm
I'm with Freak - it infuriates me to see people not pick up their weight. But I think what's even worse is when I see guys, poisoned by their egos, loading up on weight but doing exercises (like the leg press) with a patheticly limited range of motion.

BigBlueBear
01-20-08, 3:24 pm
And not just a few days after I posted my last... there's a dude up in my gym on a piece of cardio with a coffee cup in his hands! I hate New Year's resolutions!

Toni69
01-20-08, 3:27 pm
And not just a few days after I posted my last... there's a dude up in my gym on a piece of cardio with a coffee cup in his hands! I hate New Year's resolutions!

that is insane man! a coffee cup on the cardio machine? OMG! Did I ever mention I saw some chick once running on the TM putting her bright red lipstick on? I swear I had to watch cause I wanted her to friggin eat the dam thing but she managed to put her lipstick on absolultely perfect while running something like a 6.0 speed...I was actually impressed! LOL

Wasteland
01-22-08, 12:16 pm
that is insane man! a coffee cup on the cardio machine? OMG! Did I ever mention I saw some chick once running on the TM putting her bright red lipstick on? I swear I had to watch cause I wanted her to friggin eat the dam thing but she managed to put her lipstick on absolultely perfect while running something like a 6.0 speed...I was actually impressed! LOL

That's what I would call "multitasking".

YoungN'Hungry
01-22-08, 5:54 pm

hahah instead of a coffee place outside of my gym, they have 2 large coffee pots and brew it for the members then they have like 6 large tables for them to sit at and each table has a paper on it.....an speaking of the guy with coffee i saw lady drinking DR. Pepper while on the TM.

Cellerator65
01-22-08, 6:07 pm
I don't understand the things some people do. I have more respect for an overweight man with his shirt drenched from running and lifting weights then a "fit" adult who does 1 set every 10 minutes and just talks and talks. People need to get their priorities straight.

haha, i also had one of my friends say that his gym is better then mine (i really dont care about gyms as long as i can do my shit) because they have free coffee... i still dont understand people who drink coffee while they lift, worse then that is those damn fruitcolatas or whatever.

razormansports
01-22-08, 8:01 pm
Worst thing about my gym is some of the equipment has not been repaired or replaced in 7 years. 4 broken exercise bikes, 2 stair steppers, and the only freakin barbell pad . I mean come on, I don't lift too heavy, but that freakin bar tends to dig in my neck after a while.

Razor

ghost
01-22-08, 8:03 pm
Worst thing about my gym is some of the equipment has not been repaired or replaced in 7 years. 4 broken exercise bikes, 2 stair steppers, and the only freakin barbell pad . I mean come on, I don't lift too heavy, but that freakin bar tends to dig in my neck after a while.

Razor

wait, are you actually complaining about the bike and stairstepper being broken???

i have a fix for the stairstepper.... go to a really tallllll bldg, and WALK UP THE FUCKIN STAIRS.

Gehlbach!
01-22-08, 8:32 pm
wait, are you actually complaining about the bike and stairstepper being broken???

i have a fix for the stairstepper.... go to a really tallllll bldg, and WALK UP THE FUCKIN STAIRS.

Nice!

razormansports
01-22-08, 8:45 pm
Yeah, me and my love slave blue hair are missing our quality time together. Lol, no bro, its just the point of having broken fucking equipment sitting in the corner.

hjayss
01-23-08, 3:22 am
MY GYM WONT ALLOW CHALK...unles they know you...or you suck up to the lady at the front...not worth it...

Brute
01-23-08, 8:20 am
Nice!

x2

dido336
01-23-08, 8:22 am
No Chalk? Thats a little f&*kin ridiculous!

ghost
01-23-08, 8:27 am
MY GYM WONT ALLOW CHALK...unles they know you...or you suck up to the lady at the front...not worth it...

Wait, they are selective about who can use Chaulk? call the BBB. fukem.

Lleonart
01-23-08, 9:22 am

Yeah that sucks my gym wont allow chalk period now. It pisses me off.

WK
01-23-08, 11:33 pm
shit i hate ...

people that look at you for leg pressing 9-10 plates on each side like your trying to "show off" or somethin....fucking pansies

old guys that do dumbell curls with like 70 lb dumbells and throw their hips so far i think i hear shit pop on every rep....

the guy who always asks you "what do you do for triceps?" or "what do you do to get abs....i do like 100 sit ups a day"....well the fucking mcdonalds cup you come in with doesn't help ya dunce....

the trainers who mug the shit outta you b/c you're not supposed to be bigger than them....

and the advice you get from the 120 lb guys wearing an X-Small wife beater and cut off sweatpants with a matching headband....

jesus i'm gettin pissed just typing it

Brutus_515
01-25-08, 1:14 pm
ERRRRR...

I love my gym everything about it...everything wouldnt like it better anywhere else..

BUT......

2 of my wifes friends who I CAN NOT STAND TO BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS and listen to there conversations...just joined my gym....

my boss (i work 2 nights a week for membership)...told me about it and I said "well the one can use some personal training and her parents are loaded so you should beable to make a buck out of it"

Last night after doing delts and traps I see them walk in so I stay in the back corner by the chalk and power rack so they dont approach me....get done slam some torrent and clean up a bit and go to leave...There they are in all their disgusting glory filling up space on the cardio equipment (I can sleep faster than they were walking)..they STOP in there tracks to start talking and asking me questions ..." are you gunna show us how to lift weights and not charge us?"..."I hear you are doing a little competition" (BITCH THAT LITTLE COMEPTION IS BIGGER THAN ANYTHING YOU EVER TRIED) ....I just bit my tounge and say as polietly as possible...."FUCK NO!...you need a trainer that will work you like you need to be worked and my boss can do that for you leave him a note about it....I will see you later have fun and dont hurt yourselves..."

As I get home my wife is sitting with the dogs looking at baby stuff on the internet..and BOOM the cell phone goes off....they texted her how much of a dick I am and blah blah blah...my wife just laughed she knows i could give 2 egg farts less about those 2 and told them that the gym is my element and to not bother me about it so "she doesnt have to hear about it" it was a good laugh but jesus...I need to wait it out for them to quit or find something fast!

houseofpain
01-29-08, 2:44 pm
Incline dumbbell flies...a bitch of an exercise if executed properly. It adds overall nice shape and thickness to the upper and inner pecs. I want you to sit back and imagine this with me.

I'm sitting in the gym, on my bench. I'm doing incline flies and I'm in between a set right now. I'm just sittin there, thinkin about the next set...thinkin about this life and why I fucking love this sport so much. A guy walks up with a younger kid, probably his son. They're doing exercises together and the guy is trying to teach his son the ways of weightlifting. Okay with me, just don't get in my way. I have a certain respect for those who mentor younger kids in this sport. They are doing db lateral raises. So anyway, he's telling his son exactly this.

"What you wanna do is keep the reps real slow to maximize muscle breakdown and then pause at the top."

So far, so good. Not the way I train, but whatever works for you, right? I'm not gunna pass judgments.

Here is where I almost exploded.

"You wanna keep it slow because thats when you get those deep lines that the ladies like. That's what you want, right? You're here for the ladies, so they will notice you. I mean, you're not doin this for a sport or some shit, right? Haha."

Making a mockery of bodybuilding. Dark clouds started accumilating on the horizon. I didn't say anything though. But when I went for my next set and some kid was in my way, all I said was "Move."

These are the people you find at my gym. These are the people you find in the world, brothers. Unfortunately.

Just wanted to share my story with ya. Stay strong boys.

DreamZero
01-29-08, 4:30 pm
Incline dumbbell flies...a bitch of an exercise if executed properly. It adds overall nice shape and thickness to the upper and inner pecs. I want you to sit back and imagine this with me.

I'm sitting in the gym, on my bench. I'm doing incline flies and I'm in between a set right now. I'm just sittin there, thinkin about the next set...thinkin about this life and why I fucking love this sport so much. A guy walks up with a younger kid, probably his son. They're doing exercises together and the guy is trying to teach his son the ways of weightlifting. Okay with me, just don't get in my way. I have a certain respect for those who mentor younger kids in this sport. They are doing db lateral raises. So anyway, he's telling his son exactly this.

"What you wanna do is keep the reps real slow to maximize muscle breakdown and then pause at the top."

So far, so good. Not the way I train, but whatever works for you, right? I'm not gunna pass judgments.

Here is where I almost exploded.

"You wanna keep it slow because thats when you get those deep lines that the ladies like. That's what you want, right? You're here for the ladies, so they will notice you. I mean, you're not doin this for a sport or some shit, right? Haha."

Making a mockery of bodybuilding. Dark clouds started accumilating on the horizon. I didn't say anything though. But when I went for my next set and some kid was in my way, all I said was "Move."

These are the people you find at my gym. These are the people you find in the world, brothers. Unfortunately.

Just wanted to share my story with ya. Stay strong boys.

If that kid just got introduced to our sport, maybe some nice attitude from bbers would show him the other side of the medal. Teach by exemple. Peace

Seifer
01-30-08, 12:27 am
Well the old man might have been right, maybe the boy just wanted to look better for the chicks.

But everyone starts lifting for various reasons. Chicks, a sport, to loose weight, some to even gain weight. If it catches on and they do well, maybe they will aspire to be bodybuilders.

I understand why you'd get a little pissed at what he said, ESPECIALLY if he said it knowing you'd hear him say it.

Toni69
01-30-08, 3:18 am
what about those people that take db's then rack them out of order? I really hate that cause Im a bit OCD when it comes to organizing...so when a dude puts the 50's in the 80's section..Im really "perturbed" cause Im the one that has to re-organize the darn rack!..even the plates..when some people rack their weights and they are all out of order..like 45's and 10's placed together..drives me nutty! LOL..maybe Im just nutty. LOL

BigBlueBear
01-30-08, 3:22 am
what about those people that take db's then rack them out of order? I really hate that cause Im a bit OCD when it comes to organizing...so when a dude puts the 50's in the 80's section..Im really "perturbed" cause Im the one that has to re-organize the darn rack!..even the plates..when some people rack their weights and they are all out of order..like 45's and 10's placed together..drives me nutty! LOL..maybe Im just nutty. LOL

Wait... people rack weights? Since when did this happen?!

Toni69
01-30-08, 3:27 am
LOL..well..Im on a base gym, people kinda have to...but they still rack em wrong! LOL

DreamZero
01-30-08, 6:24 am
People at my gym are too lazy to carry dumbbells on "far" distances.. like the bench 6 feet away.. that's a good thing for that mis-racking problem i guess hahah

Soldier
01-30-08, 9:51 am
Too many people who just stand around and chat instead of actually doing anything.

sanga
01-30-08, 9:56 am
The crap house music they insist on playing at full volumne.

I switch off.

Big Wides
01-30-08, 10:04 am

funny you mention that, since one time doing db curls i did a 45 on one arm and a 50 in the other because they were racked wrong......ahh good times

krazyassmexican
01-30-08, 10:05 am
i dont care if they rack em wrong as long as they rack them

ralf_snake
01-30-08, 11:58 am
Besides the stuff that has already been said:

People that stick around long enough to actually get to know what a Pump is, and think they are a god. I know we all think that from time to time, but do you HAVE TO keep showing me your bicep every freaking Thursday?

People using me, to get to talk to the Fitness girls (there are 2 in my gym that always train together, they're 2 cute and sweet angels). And ofcourse with goal to get em into bed. I should kill em for that shit! They are like sisters to me.

Old people complaining about.....well you know how that goes. I swear if on of em ever again says the word madness, I will yell THIS IS SPARTA!

People complain to keep it down while you do 'Running the Rack'. Need i go on on this?

My gym doesn't have all of the basic machines, and don't even have a rack to pull yourself up with.

Poeple asking me how much i Benchpress (Why is it always benchpress and not some other exursize?) DUDE who cares! As long as 'I' get ripped.

I have to bribe the dude to train in the middle of the night, because it closes at 20:00. But im the only one there so thats KEWL! (Have to stay positive)

Brute
01-30-08, 12:10 pm

Old people complaining about.....well you know how that goes. I swear if on of em ever again says the word madness, I will yell THIS IS SPARTA!

Followed up by a well placed kick over the stairwell.

Kidding...but if you do, please record it.

ralf_snake
01-30-08, 12:26 pm
Followed up by a well placed kick over the stairwell.

Kidding...but if you do, please record it.

Ill link it to YouTube for you.

Boz
01-30-08, 3:12 pm
First, all the guys that come in and run their mouths for an hour and wonder why they aren't growing.

Second, this one old guy that comes in and piles the weight on what ever he is doing and can't move the weight two inches. Like he's trying to impress somebody. That chaps my ass.... My biggest fear of that is that he is going to teach some young kid how to fuck himself up!

Tydis
01-31-08, 2:47 am
lots of things piss me off.
it doesn't help that I work at the gym, but I"m just a part timer so I cant say anything rude to the people.

Old guy) Old guy one comes in and does the weirdest fucking things ever. Goes to the one and only bench (we are in the process or getting new equipment) holds 10lb dumbbells in each hand and then does leg raises. Goes to the leg press, loads up about 40 pounds locks out his legs and then talks on this cell phone for 10 min. Luckily we have two of those. Lastly he goes to the lying leg curl machine and does sit ups. To top it all off if anyone says anything to him he yells at them saying he knows what he is doing and then goes and complains to management that "some hooligan is interrupting his workout"

Ex-Body builder) This guy is usually pretty cool, but sometimes he feels the need to prove to himself that he can still push heavy weight. He loads up shit with every single 45 in the room and then moves it about an inch and screams at top of his lungs "still got it," and of course he does not rack any of it.

The worst part is, obviously this is the place I am going to workout, it may just be a little city owned "health club" type place, but the membership is free (employee discount ftw), dumbbells go up to 120, and there is everything you need, but because i work there people feel they can come and ask me for help in the middle of my deadlifting/bench/squat/whatever set and it annoys the piss out of me. Even if I have headphones in they will start talking to me. I wore my "shut the fuck up and train" shirt one time, almost cost me my job because like, 20 senior citizens complain that it offended them.

Toni69
01-31-08, 2:52 am
this better not be anyone here...

how about the "person" that farts right there next to you...and you know they did it on purpose..to like to get you to move or something. I was doin db curls next to this dumbass and I was goin heavier than him and he kept eyeballing me. So he friggin farted next to me and it smelled so bad..I refused to inhale those nasty germs so I walked off. Im sure he thought he won his point...but shit..I wasnt gonna take in that nasty shit up my nose and in my body...hell friggin no. He can have his stupid victory. LOL

ralf_snake
01-31-08, 3:47 am
this better not be anyone here...

how about the "person" that farts right there next to you...and you know they did it on purpose..to like to get you to move or something. I was doin db curls next to this dumbass and I was goin heavier than him and he kept eyeballing me. So he friggin farted next to me and it smelled so bad..I refused to inhale those nasty germs so I walked off. Im sure he thought he won his point...but shit..I wasnt gonna take in that nasty shit up my nose and in my body...hell friggin no. He can have his stupid victory. LOL

Yeah your so right, or just farting and making jokes in general, PEOPLE ARE BENCHPRESSING! that shit is dangerous and already takes up allot of concentration.

Toni69
01-31-08, 3:59 am
OMG..I can go on and on with this shit. Like I was waiting for leg press one time and this dude was on there..half pressing of course..anyway..farts super loud as he comes down and Im like..nice, right? He looks at me and laughs..like did he think I was thinking that was cute? Ok...so he finishes and he was like go ahead...all of a sudden, I guess cause he had moved and the air around him kinda opened up and what do you think leaked out and followed him around? his fart smell so I backed the hell off and he was like Im done, go ahead. I made a face and I said are you kidding me?..you stink!

I didnt go near that leg press or him the rest of that day...UGH!

born0withno0soul
01-31-08, 4:30 am
the only thing i can find in my whole gym that pisses me off is how everyone likes to use the squat rack for bicep curls

K-Dog
01-31-08, 4:58 am
My gym is pretty much full of 20-30 somethings, so you can imagine the stupid shit that i see. people dnt know that lycra is a privilage not a right (cos i love to see rolls and rolls of flab on a gut and ass). but what pisses me off the most is when i'm dyin after a set of deadlifts or whatever, tryin to catch my breath, clinging onto the wall for support, and some asshole goes to take some weights off the bar! wtf!?! 'i thought you were finished' nearly throttled him...

Terranova1340
01-31-08, 6:33 am
The other day I was benching I walked to the drinking fountain which is five feet away turned around and some one had taken my 45's off of one side of the bar.... who the fuck does that!!!!??

Brute
01-31-08, 7:43 am
Ex-Body builder) This guy is usually pretty cool, but sometimes he feels the need to prove to himself that he can still push heavy weight. He loads up shit with every single 45 in the room and then moves it about an inch and screams at top of his lungs "still got it," and of course he does not rack any of it.

lol

I love this thread.

WeeMan
01-31-08, 8:03 am
the only thing i can find in my whole gym that pisses me off is how everyone likes to use the squat rack for bicep curls

Wots wrong with that? I do that.

krazyassmexican
01-31-08, 8:06 am
Wots wrong with that? I do that.

the squat rack is to squat brother

Freak
01-31-08, 9:24 am
Shit, this thread has grown.

WeeMan
01-31-08, 12:14 pm
the squat rack is to squat brother

its also where the straight bars are. haha you want me to do curls while stradling a flat bench??

Dozer
01-31-08, 1:50 pm
Back in high school, the football players would go around to everyone doing Bench press or squats and sack tap them...not cool, man.

The summer after I graduated I went to a gym real close to home, but there was this one guy who chose to SPIT on the floor after every set...management refused to kick him out or believe me, for some reason...

DreamZero
01-31-08, 1:57 pm
its also where the straight bars are. haha you want me to do curls while stradling a flat bench??

God gave you legs

SQUAT or DIE!
01-31-08, 1:59 pm
theres nothin really wrong with it but when all 3 of the racks at my school are being used by people doin curls or presses, and im trying to do squats it pisses me off to have to wait for some scrawny ass kid to get done curling his aw inspiring 45lbs... he didnt even have weight on the damn bar.. WTF!!!! so when he was doen he just left it there on the catches and walked away didnt even rack it up.. now im ok with people doing shoulder presses or somethin liek that but to just be curling the bar in the rack is ridiculous..

Gehlbach!
01-31-08, 10:06 pm
God gave you legs

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!

born0withno0soul
02-01-08, 4:02 am
its sick to see someone using the squat rack for bicep curls.

Lethal_Banana
02-01-08, 9:30 am
hahah instead of a coffee place outside of my gym, they have 2 large coffee pots and brew it for the members then they have like 6 large tables for them to sit at and each table has a paper on it.....an speaking of the guy with coffee i saw lady drinking DR. Pepper while on the TM.

My gym has loads of tables too. They brew tea, coffee and chocolate which are offered for free. It's so crazy that the free weight area only has like 4 benches and two olympic bars. The other bars are fixed with weights. Oh yeah, one squat rack and one bench rack. And this is a HUGE gym.

Cheers,
LB

HardGainer369
02-08-08, 5:09 pm
I work out at 2 gyms...my brother's gym is fucking amazing, nothing wrong with that..but the school gym is fucking brutal. when im working out i feel like someone is playing fucking guitar hero or watching CSI...thats all they fucking play i cant stand it. the trainers just basically walk around and dont do shit....they once came over and told me not to slam the bar so hard when i was doing deadlifts...yeah ok you fat bitch let me see you slowly put 250lbs on the ground lol. i could go on forever haha. and also alot of people just go to socialize.

XIronAcesX
02-10-08, 12:22 am
I train at this local gym aka sunrise gym at 12 oclock pacific. Around that time the sun hits the building and it gets so hot and humid inside your bitchin most of the time. Lolita(staff) Always takes off to get her hot cheetos with lime from 711 takes awhile and that makes you angry for real.. having to wait for her..

to make things short your in a bad mood already and things that aggravte me are:

1. People who sport their gym gear all proud and turns out they only run on the treadmills.

2. Lou ferrigno screaming his A$$ off trying to bench more then what he could do, and waiting to turn green from all the screaming.(respect to lou)

3.Dumbbellina(mostly women) doing every exercise with dumbells even squats!!! haha believe me this happens often.

4. paco and lil joker hogging the bench press and never being able to bench press.

5. People with no gym etiquette, you must earn your respect if you want to receive it back.

thats only to name a few.

ROC1291
02-10-08, 12:52 am
4. paco and lil joker hogging the bench press and never being able to bench press.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

DreamZero
02-10-08, 6:15 am
3.Dumbbellina(mostly women) doing every exercise with dumbells even squats!!! haha believe me this happens often.

Still better than bosu ball freaks.. I always wondered if my gym owned bosu corp or if they bought 50 000 of those things and try to make it profitable..

Madcat
02-10-08, 8:31 am
What about the dude who wears the same outfit, spandex shorts and a tshirt, daily. Then when he walks by you he smells so bad I have to spray the disenfectant if I am trying to get a set in.

This dude smells like BO so bad, and I cant believe the workers havent said something to him. Its sickening.

Roach
02-11-08, 6:13 pm
My gym is far from perfect too,a lotta things that have been said here i notice in my gym.
Anyway i began to cut recently after goin up to 276 pounds and so i get down with my cardio,especially on the treadmill which i think is the best for that,not to mention keepin my heart and my body as in shape as i can in the winter.
They replaced the old treadmills they had today and the second i came in and glanced at them the instructor told me they're off limits 4 ppl above 220 cuz he noticed me messin up the old ones and when i used to check my weight.
I thought it's some kind'a joke and asked the manager too and said it's true.
And now in the winter it was just so convenient instead of joggin outside and i can't switch gyms either cuz this one is across the street and i ain't got the time 4 nuttin else.
I was so damn pissed,i kept sayin those are girl treadmills.
I mean i gotta cut weight without the use of a treadmill to be able to use one,how stupid is that?
I guess it's all in this new era with fancy machines and exercises that can't put up with nuttin real.

WK
02-11-08, 8:30 pm
the 49 year old lady wearing pink spandex doing leg press beside you asking "how much weight is on that thing?" while she batts her wrinkly ass crusty eyeballs trying to flirt...YOU'RE FUCKING OLD!!! I'M BUSY!
if i could carry a spray-can of "Bitch_B-Gone" to the gym every day i would hose her with it.....

DAAAMNN lol ruined a perfect workout b/c i couldn't stop thinking of her Old ass cellulite filled legs...it looked like she got hit in the hammy w/ a bag of nickles

SQUAT or DIE!
02-12-08, 1:30 am
that is quite possibly the most vivid though disgusting thing ive read in a LOOOONG time man.. sorry that you had to deal with that.. i probably would have thrown up on her if i saw that shit..

navyseal
02-12-08, 1:14 pm
i left my old gym and transfered to a new one because of overly arogant big guys that talks loud and sit around all day, not giving a chance for others to use the equipment.

good thing my new gym is more decent. even the members.

big, brown and prowd

Cellerator65
02-12-08, 1:56 pm
well i hope this has happened to other people too, so i dont feel like a loser...

today i was doing incline flies on an adjustable bench... so im on the 3rd rep of my first set and the bench falls back to flat and i just say fuck. And instead of being pissed, i just laugh so people dont think im an idiot.

oh, worst thing about my gym? broke-ass benches. :)

Mizzarler
02-21-08, 3:32 am
1. People who freak out when you ask to work in with them.
2. Old guys walking around naked for an hour in the locker room.
3. High school football players who think theyre shit (do curls then leave...)

rhane
02-21-08, 12:32 pm
1. Iron Grip Plates with the square sides...horrible for deadlifting.

2. Old People in the way of the free weight area

Agree with the first, #2, c'mon now...it's good that they're at the gym in the first place and trying to stay healthy...one day that's gonna be me and you and I hope to hell some young kid doesn't sneer at my being there.

Appollonian
02-21-08, 12:38 pm
Yeah, respect your elders! Some of them might just know a thing or two about pumping iron that you may not realize. There is no age limit on the Iron Game, only limits on peoples willingness to bust their asses. Cut them some slack, they might suprise you. And yeah, nobody stays young forever.

Maharg
02-21-08, 1:21 pm
I belong to a YMCA and a local hardcore gym. The only reason i go to the Y is because the back equipment. The hardcore place is tiny as hell and doesnt have anything at all for back. Then at the Y you have all these idiots who think its anything goes! I once stepped 5 feet away from the leg press i was using to switch the song on the radio, when i hear plates clanking really close, i turn and this lady is stripping the sled! So when i finally got her to hear me over the earphones she had in, she was all pissed cause i was messing up her circut training.

TheBassGuy
02-21-08, 1:32 pm
Theres a ton of crap wrong with my gym; here's my shortened list.

1)No tanktops/wifebeaters
2)No chalk
3)Really loud techno music
4)Curl Jockeys using the power rack
5)Those dumb iron grip weights
6)Naked old guys sitting around the change room

Carpe Diem P.T
02-21-08, 4:28 pm

2)No chalk

no tanktops? wtf its not a night club. sounds a bit posh for my liking.

cfwvu20
02-21-08, 8:11 pm
world gym bellaire, ohio..my gym when i visit home and one i went to for 2 years and still do.. no complaints awesome staff, members

The WVU Rec Center... i honestly dont know where to start... shitty all around... havent met a nice person there... dumbbell hogs... ughghhh i need to find a new gym around morgantown wv to lift.... i dont care if the rec is free... i need out

trailpimp
02-21-08, 8:16 pm
My gym is in a tent in the middle of the desert. Last summer the digital thermometer said "ERR". I hate everything about my gym, but it has been my home away from home. Countless hours have been spent sweating balls in there.

Appollonian
02-22-08, 2:00 pm

2)No chalk

OMG!! Yes, while I do believe they have the right to be at the gym, I DONT think they should walk around naked in the locker room!

slaughterm
02-22-08, 8:04 pm
When I'm resting between sets, I'll sometimes step away to get some water only to come back and find someone else using the equipment I was on!!!

Archilla
02-22-08, 8:58 pm
So the other day i'm in the gym with my buddy, and we're sitting there doing dumbbell presses.

As we're resting between a set we notice 2 or 3 guys at a rack right in front of us, who we had never seen before. One was trying to dead a seemingly large amount of weight for his size. He was standing outside of the rack trying to psyche himself up.Me and my buddy look at him and just offer some advice, "hey man, a majority of it is mental, you'll get it". We wanted to see him lift it, everyone else in the gym wasnt doing anything at all. He looks at us and smiles and just goes "YEAH PUNKS! 475 HAHAHAHAHA!" and runs into the rack and bends over to start the exercise off.

What the fuck was that? He didnt get the weight up but who the fuck is rude enough to say some shit like that? Thank god his head was fucking small enough to fit into the rack.

Another day we asked some guy if we could use the cables after him, and he just looks at us and goes "IM USING IT FOR CHEST!?".

Yes, we know what you're using it for. Can we just use it when you're done? Fuck!

cstewart_52
02-22-08, 11:41 pm
"Yeah Punks" thats priceless man. My gyms not bad except the owner won't buy any shit for bigger guys. NO 100 pound plates, DB's only go to 100 and everything 70 and up is bent to hell anyways.

Tempus
02-23-08, 12:02 am
Generally my gym isn't too bad. But I go at lunch so I miss most of the evening crowd of 'look around but never lift.'

My only real amusement is this guy that loves to toss his DBs to the floor after incline presses. Not drop. Toss. 10-15 feet. Nearly hit my leg 4 benches away once.

onlyonedrj
02-23-08, 1:04 am
I don't care what anybody says about the squat rack. God gave me legs, i work out my legs on leg day. God gave me biceps, i will use whatever i need to make them fuckers grow!

And i hate it when people stack up the weight on a rack and walk away and do something else. They come back and ask what you are doing, they were using it.
Get the fuck outta here

ironman_KIMO
02-23-08, 2:19 pm
Okay I go in the gym and notice the power is out and no lights are on or nothing. It's day time so the sun shines in some light in the gym so everything is okay to me. Can't do cardio but I don't care. THEY LET ME IN THE GYM so I just workout like normal. Half way threw my workout they tell everybody to leave so the guys can come and fix the problem. I thought it was cool with the lights out but kicking me out was not cool. I was in my zone and I got cut off. Fucked up. Never happen before ever. Got cut off of a workout. Not a good day.

ashnicholls
02-23-08, 2:29 pm
Sounds shit man. Power went out in my gym the other week, but let us finish, did it with just the emergency light on by the door. Was almost pitch black.

Spitting Venom
02-23-08, 2:31 pm
That sucks bro. Just go back with the same intensity after they get it fixed.

Costo
02-23-08, 2:47 pm
Not enough bars and not enough plates. Other than that..nothing.

ironman_KIMO
02-23-08, 2:55 pm
Worst fucking thing about my gym is that when the power goes out they kick everybody out. Still can't get over it. That's bullshit.

iron pride warrior
02-23-08, 11:04 pm
i could go on for hours about this but here are a few things:
1: the guys who load a shitload of weight on the bar and do half squats. GET YOUR ASS DOWN!

2: my gym has dumbells that go up to 150. not too bad but ive been requesting bigger one for a while and even offered to pay half but they wont do it.

3: i hate when people dont put their damn weights back!!!!!!

Carpe Diem P.T
02-23-08, 11:37 pm
Worst thing about working at my gym is washing towels, then hanging them out on the line, then rolling them up and putting them on display for members. BORING

Pizzalamp
02-23-08, 11:38 pm
Worst thing about working at my gym is washing towels, then hanging them out on the line, then rolling them up and putting them on display for members. BORING

i dont have to wash them
but we do have to roll them and stack them on the front counter

Carpe Diem P.T
02-23-08, 11:45 pm
i dont have to wash them
but we do have to roll them and stack them on the front counter

we have a cleaning lady. its a huge facility but she doesnt work on weekends, neither does the maintenance man. so yesterday i was fixing exercise bike pedals, disinfecting toilets, washing towels and writing programs for people if they ask nicely. Im the only person on most nights from 5 - 9 pm. We have tennis courts, weights room, cardio room. They dont want to 'waste' more money on staff though. when i go do the towels, i have to take the door buzzer and phone with me incase anyone comes in. The washing machine is down the back of the building past the tennis courts. lol

Pizzalamp
02-23-08, 11:48 pm
we have a cleaning lady. its a huge facility but she doesnt work on weekends, neither does the maintenance man. so yesterday i was fixing exercise bike pedals, disinfecting toilets, washing towels and writing programs for people if they ask nicely. Im the only person on most nights from 5 - 9 pm. We have tennis courts, weights room, cardio room. They dont want to 'waste' more money on staff though. when i go do the towels, i have to take the door buzzer and phone with me incase anyone comes in. The washing machine is down the back of the building past the tennis courts. lol

haha sounds like my nights at work
we actually have 1 maintenace guy that must come in 5 times per hour to check the dirty towel bin on weekends
doesnt speak 1 word of english but loves me because i shared a pizza with him a few weeks ago

LHS Monster
02-23-08, 11:57 pm
haha sounds like my nights at work
we actually have 1 maintenace guy that must come in 5 times per hour to check the dirty towel bin on weekends
doesnt speak 1 word of english but loves me because i shared a pizza with him a few weeks ago

really lol thats funny as hell becuase there is a puerto rican guy that goes to my gym knos no english either but i guess he forgot his supps one day and i gave him a couple scoops of protein and from then on dude hes all smiles when he sees me rambles off a lil spanish and is back on his way

Mr.Totality
02-24-08, 9:32 am
I am going to add one more thing here. There is this guy, my wife and I call him jazz hands. He is failry big and strong, but he might have a screw loose or two. I hate being on the treadmill next to him as he: 1. coughs all over hte place and doesnt cover his mouth, 2. does hurdles on the treadmill (I know, what the f is that?), and 3. he throws his arms and hands every where. It is just ridiculous.

Feel The Power
02-24-08, 9:52 am
my gym is really not too bad.. i would even consider it hardcore most of the time and people usually follow the common gym rules. however, some of the high school guys come in and when your getting ready to deadlift 400-500 lbs they decide to walk right in front of you to go to the dumbell rack. shit, whats wrong with the ton of space behind me?? I hate when people walk in front of you right in the middle of your set. at least wait till i'm done or walk around me.

wodka
02-24-08, 10:20 am
All the nice women in the cardio section, It is fuckin' hard not to loose your concentration, when you see all the small asses going up and down on the step....

Appollonian
02-24-08, 2:14 pm
All the nice women in the cardio section, It is fuckin' hard not to loose your concentration, when you see all the small asses going up and down on the step....

This is the worst thing about your gym?

bullfighter
02-24-08, 8:57 pm
1. Iron Grip Plates with the square sides...horrible for deadlifting.

2. Old People in the way of the free weight area

3. Having to sneak my chalk in....

Dood have you found any means to solve the square side plates? All the plates in my gym are octagon shaped.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-24-08, 9:09 pm
Dood have you found any means to solve the square side plates? All the plates in my gym are octagon shaped.

i fucking hate them the octagon plates... but we have a DL platform with the rubber plates so its usually ok..

Indomitable Will
02-24-08, 9:37 pm
yeah ok you fat bitch let me see you slowly put 250lbs on the ground lol.
Well now, that can be done. In my deadlift video, I slowly put 455lbs back on the ground after holding it for like 5 seconds. Just sayin'.

ashnicholls
02-28-08, 7:39 am
Worst thing about my gym is when you cant get on the smith machine (only barbell bench in gym) because the instructor is getting old women to do weightless squats on the smith machine.

Why waste and block the smith machine doing squats on the smith with no weight. The whole point of the smith is to use heavy weight safely absolutley no need for old women to do squats on them.

Four of us had to fucking wait for four old Dorris's to finish before we could lift anything.

Mr.Totality
02-28-08, 7:41 am
my gym is really not too bad.. i would even consider it hardcore most of the time and people usually follow the common gym rules. however, some of the high school guys come in and when your getting ready to deadlift 400-500 lbs they decide to walk right in front of you to go to the dumbell rack. shit, whats wrong with the ton of space behind me?? I hate when people walk in front of you right in the middle of your set. at least wait till i'm done or walk around me.

I have a similar issue, lots of "kids" who like to walk in your way. It is basically comical

Enforcer
02-28-08, 8:19 am
People who don't pick their shit up and put their weights back in the right spot- The other day I was doing hammer bench press and I finish my set go to get a 25 from the rack on the machine and the guy next to me doing smith machine shoulder presses decided to load that spot up with 35's, i got so pissed I just pulled all his weights off and let them hit the floor right next to him-he got the message bc when he was done with his set he picked them up

Cellerator65
02-28-08, 9:34 am
i dont know if i hate it, but its kinda awkward... when you do certain exercises (deadlifts, ATG squats, dips + pies, etc..) people just stair at you, even the big guys... its just an erie feeling, like i pissed my pants or something.

LittleMan55
02-28-08, 9:36 am
Does anyone elses gym have the mystery bencher? At ours we got someone who must be there before we start at 6:15 and they always have some chest bar laoded up, one day it decline, the next flat, and then incline. If anyone knows who this guy is please let me know!

firsthorseman97
02-28-08, 9:41 am
Does anyone elses gym have the mystery bencher? At ours we got someone who must be there before we start at 6:15 and they always have some chest bar laoded up, one day it decline, the next flat, and then incline. If anyone knows who this guy is please let me know!

Holy shit! he works out at my gym too!!! And he must do leg press the same day!!!

StockRock
02-28-08, 9:41 am
I have a pretty hardcore gym in my garage. It thrives in the off-season when the heater and sweats are all I need.

In the summer moths, no matter how many fans I have, 95 degrees or more doesnt feel to great when youve got weight on your back.

Lifting in a sauna is an experience ;)

deanna7272
02-28-08, 9:57 am
There are way too many posts to go back and read each one but I am going to plead my case....lol

I have lifted for years, but finally made the decision about competition in September 06 (thanks to The House) and after 2 back surgeries ands weight gain, I have dropped 42 pounds and I am now 5 weeks out from my first figure competition. (Hold your applause please...j/k)

Anyway, over the past 6 weeks or so, people have been pissing me off like crazy at me gym. It's not the diet, I'm good with that, it's THEM.... They WHISPER during my workouts, they have decided that I am STARVING myself (WTF) and they have chosen to ridicule my choice of competitions (which not one of the assholes have EVER been to this show and don't have a CLUE), one has "decided" to compete but she doesn't want MUSCLES!!! Again, WTF????....

I just want to train, compete, and do what I do.... People need to keep their mouths shut and take care of their OWN business and not mine...

firsthorseman97
02-28-08, 10:01 am
There are way too many posts to go back and read each one but I am going to plead my case....lol

I have lifted for years, but finally made the decision about competition in September 06 (thanks to The House) and after 2 back surgeries ands weight gain, I have dropped 42 pounds and I am now 5 weeks out from my first figure competition. (Hold your applause please...j/k)

Anyway, over the past 6 weeks or so, people have been pissing me off like crazy at me gym. It's not the diet, I'm good with that, it's THEM.... They WHISPER during my workouts, they have decided that I am STARVING myself (WTF) and they have chosen to ridicule my choice of competitions (which not one of the assholes have EVER been to this show and don't have a CLUE), one has "decided" to compete but she doesn't want MUSCLES!!! Again, WTF????....

I just want to train, compete, and do what I do.... People need to keep their mouths shut and take care of their OWN business and not mine...

Great vent! They don't have the same mentality as you, plain and simple. At least you'll be beside like-minded individuals this weekend!

deanna7272
02-28-08, 10:10 am
Believe me, I need this weekend....

I just found MOST of that out yesterday and I was furious... Had a GREAT workout after though...lol I should have thanked them....lol

See ya this weekend!!!

firsthorseman97
02-28-08, 10:13 am
Believe me, I need this weekend....

I just found MOST of that out yesterday and I was furious... Had a GREAT workout after though...lol I should have thanked them....lol

See ya this weekend!!!

I hope you don't train till you puke or they'll really think you have an eating disorder! LOL! Can't wait to meet ya this weekend.

deanna7272
02-28-08, 10:18 am
Same here... It's going to be a BLAST...Are you training Saturday?

I could only wish to be able to train that hard...lol WIth the surgeries that I have had on my back, the leg press is out, heavy squats are out, etc..... Makes me mad, but at least I can lift again....

The one I mentioned that "doesn't want muscles HAS an eating disorder.... She decided to text me to have fun this weekend and tell me that she hasn't eaten in 3 days!!!!!

AND I'M THE ONE WITH THE ISSUES????? lol

Soooo excited about the weekend!!!! My coworkers are tired of hearing about it!!!

Cstlfx
02-28-08, 10:24 am

Keep up the good work. Fuck the rest of those nobodies. When you're not being a societal stereotype, the "normal" people wont like it. Keep up the fire.

firsthorseman97
02-28-08, 10:25 am
Same here... It's going to be a BLAST...Are you training Saturday?

I could only wish to be able to train that hard...lol WIth the surgeries that I have had on my back, the leg press is out, heavy squats are out, etc..... Makes me mad, but at least I can lift again....

The one I mentioned that "doesn't want muscles HAS an eating disorder.... She decided to text me to have fun this weekend and tell me that she hasn't eaten in 3 days!!!!!

AND I'M THE ONE WITH THE ISSUES????? lol

Soooo excited about the weekend!!!! My coworkers are tired of hearing about it!!!

I PM'd you my plans.

deanna7272
02-28-08, 10:49 am
Right back at ya!

deanna7272
02-28-08, 10:56 am
Keep up the good work. Fuck the rest of those nobodies. When you're not being a societal stereotype, the "normal" people wont like it. Keep up the fire.

Thank you.... I now know not to expect "people" to understand.... We are our own breed... I LOVE IT!!!!

ghost
02-28-08, 10:59 am
Thank you.... I now know not to expect "people" to understand.... We are our own breed... I LOVE IT!!!!

use their negative energy to fuel your lifts... take it and push past your barriers with their energy... steal that shit right from under them.

deanna7272
02-28-08, 11:04 am
use their negative energy to fuel your lifts... take it and push past your barriers with their energy... steal that shit right from under them.

Ohhhh absolutely... There are only a few people there that I "connect" with (a couple animals") but other than that they just gawk.... I love the fact that they question what I do, evidently I'm doing it RIGHT....lol

ghost
02-28-08, 11:17 am
Ohhhh absolutely... There are only a few people there that I "connect" with (a couple animals") but other than that they just gawk.... I love the fact that they question what I do, evidently I'm doing it RIGHT....lol

i had a whole basketball team the other day telling me i wouldnt be able to do the shrugs at 675, so i walked up to the bar, and repped it out 5 times, looked at all of them n laughed, mind you, i weigh 162 right now.

i love that shit.

deanna7272
02-28-08, 11:26 am
Love It...

RogueLion
02-28-08, 12:51 pm
i had a whole basketball team the other day telling me i wouldnt be able to do the shrugs at 675, so i walked up to the bar, and repped it out 5 times, looked at all of them n laughed, mind you, i weigh 162 right now.

i love that shit.

Beast. Love dem bar benders!

DreamZero
03-01-08, 8:26 am
Gym staff interrupting me during a set of military press to tell me to put clamps on during my sets.. so nobody gets hurt.. great ethics </sarcasm>

Jala_B
03-02-08, 10:25 am
Missing pins..where the hell do they go?

oh, and guys (no offense if any of you are one of these guys..I would hope not if your a part of this thread), that make a load of noise and are not lifting worth a dam to be making so much noise in the first place.

I have this one guy at my gym who comes in like clockwork, does bicep curls with 25lb db's and starts grunting and throwing weights around like he owns the place. This drives me mad! What do I do, I grab the 30's and pump out my set right next to him, quiet as a mouse. It gets him to move about 10ft from wherever I am standing.

I didn't get though all the posts yet, but had to laugh at this one...

I am a 5' 1/2", 117 lb female. My biggest pet peeve are the guys that practically give themselves a hernia/whiplash trying to lift more than me....

There have been many times that a guy will be curling 20-25 lbs, perfect form. I come and do the same weight, and suddenly his next set is 35-40 lbs and using pretty much only body backbend momentum to get the weight to general shoulder area.

I just want to look at them and explain that it is NOT that big of a deal if I can do a similar weight...most people up there realize I have been training for a while and won't think you're a wimp for it.

scals
03-03-08, 12:11 am
T-Bar!!! The worst one i have ever used in my life. I usually just stick the bar in the corner, but when you can't, the t-bar there sucks. Ox mentioned this in the April MD mag, and i can definitely confirm that it is hard to find a good one.

XFLOP20
03-03-08, 10:02 am
People that just stop and look at you like you're some kind of "animal".

ghost
03-03-08, 10:03 am
Jesus... this thing is still around? people, no need to bitch about what OTHER people are doing in the gym. focus on YOUR workout. yeah, it is hard not to notice... ignore it though.

DreamZero
03-05-08, 6:51 am
T-Bar!!! The worst one i have ever used in my life. I usually just stick the bar in the corner, but when you can't, the t-bar there sucks. Ox mentioned this in the April MD mag, and i can definitely confirm that it is hard to find a good one.

Atlantis t-bars are pretty great imo..

http://bgifitnesscommercial.com/merchant/279/images/large/D-126_TBarRow.jpg 3 grip-sets, ROM is a bit weird on first try since the pivot point is higher than your feet but I def love it.

kmarsh9
03-05-08, 7:31 am
You gotta go in our student gym either really early or really late if you wanna get stuff done without the place completely filling up, which doesn't really bother me since those are the two times I like to lift anyway. Also, I wish our dumbells went to like 150 lbs. instead of just 100, but what can you do.

DetroitMuscle
03-05-08, 9:51 am
Honestly when I am at my gym I dont really pay attention to anyone unless they are in my way. I try and keep really mentally focused.

The gym I do work out at (Lifetime Fitness) is quite the social network however...it seems that there are a lot of people standing around pretending to lift and on there cell phones texting away or talking to people.

It gets on my nerves but I constantly draw the focus back to my lifting. Thats what we all need to do. Lets face it there CAN and WILL be negative things that happen in and at the gym...but its how we react and learn from these things and in the long run thats the important part. Learning how to thwart negativity and turn it into fuel for positivity in your lifts is the key to success in that type of situation.

PrometheusCon
03-05-08, 11:50 pm
No water.

Check this out. Today the campus had a campus wide bacteria alert for contaminated water. So they shut off all the fountains campus wide and warned people not to drink out of the faucets, showers, etc.

We had a ton of rain and the snow melted causing and overflow somewhere which contaminated the drinking water. SUCKS!

prowrestler
03-06-08, 11:28 am
worst hing about my gym are the 50 minute walks in a canadian winter and the fact that i am not the only one who goes to it!!! i would love to be the only one in there, the solitude of training!

Thrawn
03-07-08, 5:13 am
1. No other Animals to train with, majority are older ppl or glamour boys
2. Bad floors (my deadlifts also include checking if my olympic barbell is still where i put it)
3. No other Animals to train with, lots of chatting housewives just taking up space
4. People staring at you like you are insane when deadlifting or squatting (those exercises are just 'not done' in gyms over here) and afterwards asking if a) i can teach them or b) am on doping... go figure (i dont even have a huge frame to start off with)
5. No other Animals to train with, or maybe i have said that already.

Point 1,3 and 5 must be my greatest problem then =)

SQUAT or DIE!
03-07-08, 11:15 am
every week some kid come is and takes the DL platform to do snatch squats, or whatever they are.. he puts the 20 kg plates we have and then does one or two reps and seems to drop the weight from over his head and it bounces around.. then runs to his camera he set up on a squat rack/ bench press close by to check his form. He does this for about 20 minutes... NOthing personal against the kid but its damn annoying not to be able to do any deads, or asking him to move his camera from the rack so i can do my squats.

WeeMan
03-07-08, 4:36 pm
every week some kid come is and takes the DL platform to do snatch squats, or whatever they are.. he puts the 20 kg plates we have and then does one or two reps and seems to drop the weight from over his head and it bounces around.. then runs to his camera he set up on a squat rack/ bench press close by to check his form. He does this for about 20 minutes... NOthing personal against the kid but its damn annoying not to be able to do any deads, or asking him to move his camera from the rack so i can do my squats.

haha so this bloke is using two pretty important peices of equipment at the same time!! that sucks man, tell him to get a tripod!!

x10fire
03-07-08, 4:47 pm
the jackasses who load up plates, do 1 set and walk away for 20 mins. Then, when i figure "oh they're done" they come back and are like "i was still using that" when their ass was across the gym watching tv and chatting it up w/ everyone.

i'm no longer nice to those people.. the usual answer is "tough shit. you can have it when i'm done"

OH, and being told to "set that down quieter" riiiiiiiight.. YOU set down 400+ lbs "quietly". Thats what Rubber Floors are for.

damn 24hr fitness... i wish i could start my own gym.

You must be at my gym because this happens all the time!!!!
Also the music sucks ass, just when it cant get any worse they play Hannah Montana;
maybe i should just drop a 45 on my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbull52
03-07-08, 6:15 pm
The Nsync or Fergie that is always playin... Very hardcore

WeeMan
03-07-08, 7:27 pm
haha today we had Rammstein playing louder than some gigs iv been to!

redmanPH
03-07-08, 11:41 pm
hmm i hate how people tell you what you're lifting is too heavy. we all gotta push ourselves, don't we?

then again, there's the other extremity; i also hate the guy that puts on too much weight he can't handle. it puts me off, really. a guy should just find the right balance for himself

about guys mirror-looking a lot... it can prolly get irritating if viewed in the wrong light, but i actually do this a lot. i don't see it as being boastful; i do it only for inspirational value. i'm sure there are a lot of people who, after looking at their reflections, get more motivated to work out more. works for me; every time i feel exhausted after a set, i tend to look at my muscles in the mirror, and get so motivated and pumped up (thus being able to finish my exercise) cuz by looking at my muscles i know i'm progressing through the sets i'm doing.

Cellerator65
03-08-08, 7:02 am
people that dont drop their egos when they walk through the doors

atrain11b
03-08-08, 7:09 am
No leg extension machine. My gym just bought a ton of new equipment to include that thigh abductor thing, but no leg extension, so I guess I will keep doing lunges.

WeeMan
03-08-08, 7:26 am
No leg extension machine. My gym just bought a ton of new equipment to include that thigh abductor thing, but no leg extension, so I guess I will keep doing lunges.

sit on a bench and hold a dumbbell between ur feet, iv had to do that before. takes a bit of getting used to but it works.

atrain11b
03-08-08, 7:29 am
sit on a bench and hold a dumbbell between ur feet, iv had to do that before. takes a bit of getting used to but it works.

No shit, never thought of that. I use the lunges as a quad warmup before my squats a long with a bike. I guess this could work. Hmm, legs are Tuesday so I will try this instead of the lunges. Thanks.

fireman9
03-08-08, 10:10 am
The guys that need an antourage of smaller guys to follow them around the gym to make them feel better.

The guys that will do 1/4 squats on a smith machine with 5 plates right next to me and stare at me when I drop 405 to 90 for reps.

The guy that just follows me around and waits for me to take my headphones off to ask me 101 questions.

...and pretty much everything else that was mentioned.

WeeMan
03-08-08, 1:37 pm
No shit, never thought of that. I use the lunges as a quad warmup before my squats a long with a bike. I guess this could work. Hmm, legs are Tuesday so I will try this instead of the lunges. Thanks.

no problem man

LittleMan55
03-08-08, 2:04 pm
he guys using the power cage, with our chin bar for military presses. While this is fine if he was doing military presses, I kept checkin in between sets (went to the other room and killed some rows, then went in the room where he was for some pull downs) and the goon was sitting in there just wasting space. Either use the shit or get out of my damn way so I can!!!

WeeMan
03-08-08, 3:53 pm
haha like it!! altho im sure no1 would like to see you kicked from your gym!

BigBlueBear
03-08-08, 11:05 pm
You missed a money chance to help a kid learn a bit about the game man. Definately not the way ya should've approached it bro.

Stovall
03-08-08, 11:17 pm
I lift in my own house. If I have anything to bitch about it's my own fault. If I don't like the guy I see doing his lifts, I quit looking in the mirror. But when I did go to a gym I never really noticed anyone else. If they happened to be on a bench that I needed to be on I just asked to work in. Everyone has their own reasons to be there. Mine happen to be different.

Chubster
03-16-08, 9:51 am
Under armour on people who have no business flaunting their physiques. (cringe!) Especially when they wear the bodysuits.... disgusting.

The Guardian
03-16-08, 10:12 am
I love my gym dont get me wrong, but I usually hit it on a friday but becuase of work i wasn't able to get there so i decided to hit it up on sat. Well i get there and the reg's werent there just some sub for the weekend. Well halfway through my session, he rolls up and me and tells me that he has to leave early and that i had to go...are you serious bro? I was so pissed i almost lost my cool, but just grumbled and grabbed my shit and rolled out and jsut finished at home with what i had...thats some bullshit.

Renji007
03-16-08, 1:40 pm
I love my gym dont get me wrong, but I usually hit it on a friday but becuase of work i wasn't able to get there so i decided to hit it up on sat. Well i get there and the reg's werent there just some sub for the weekend. Well halfway through my session, he rolls up and me and tells me that he has to leave early and that i had to go...are you serious bro? I was so pissed i almost lost my cool, but just grumbled and grabbed my shit and rolled out and jsut finished at home with what i had...thats some bullshit.

Dude, I hate that shit. The old man that works at my gym on Saturday's always closes early, so I have to rush through my workout and so does everyone else. It really pisses me off. But that's why I go on friday's instead

lespaul59
03-16-08, 6:31 pm
People who don't rerack their weights
People who do a set then sit around and tie a bench or machine up while doing nothing.
People who use very bad form just to lift heavy weights

Preston
03-16-08, 6:40 pm
Under armour on people who have no business flaunting their physiques. (cringe!) Especially when they wear the bodysuits.... disgusting.

I wanna add to this...

Bodysuits on very old out of shape men who decide its cool to stretch out their hamms right infront of you, while you're doing deads.

There's just something about seeing it at 5:00am that just doesn't make my day.

newbreed
03-16-08, 9:07 pm
When something breaks, it's broke for 5 months or so because the manager sucks

Vinny G
03-16-08, 9:20 pm
the worst thing is....i have to pay

killyouintheface
03-16-08, 11:27 pm
I think the worst thing about it is that I didn't make myself sign up sooner.

Although that's more an indictment of myself than my gym...er, fitness complex. As they say.

fireman9
03-17-08, 6:15 pm
The worst part of all of the aforementioned is the management that allows it to continue happening in spite of complaints all while collecting your hard earned duckets to get a good workout you ain't gettn'! If I owned a gym I'd have one of the 15 pretty faces standing behind the counter pick up shit and keep the order even if I had to do it myself and you better believe I'd say something as management to all the offenders.

New owners bought my buddies gym and started telling people to hang up their cell phones and turn them off while the dudes on his call!LOL!!! "Work out or leave" this new management guy said! Hell Yeah! He might even be a member here with an attitude like that!

"Work out or leave". Now that should be on a t-shirt. I would wear that shit everyday. I'm not joking Universal. I hope you see this.

BamBam
03-17-08, 7:18 pm
the worst thing is....i have to pay

hahaha... x2 Vinny.

Lunatic001
03-17-08, 7:20 pm
That I don't own it, so that I could kick everyone taking space out...

SQUAT or DIE!
03-17-08, 8:54 pm
That I don't own it, so that I could kick everyone taking space out...

shit id think abot moving to cali for that type of gym..

lespaul59
03-18-08, 12:00 am
People(high school football players and/or former players) who come in the weight room load up a bar on the flat bench, do one set and waist other peoples time.

BrotherInArms
03-18-08, 10:14 am
People approaching you mid-set asking you what that works.
Huh? It works my pelvis, get on your knees...

Jeez..

BrotherInArms