PDA

View Full Version : Worst fucking thing about my gym is...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

MassMan
03-18-08, 11:56 am
[QUOTE=BrotherInArms;326543]People approaching you mid-set asking you what that works.
Huh? It works my pelvis, get on your knees...

Jeez..

BrotherInArms[/QUOTE

HAHAHA!!! I have nothing to complain about my garage gym, except that I have to adjust the dumbbells which is a pain in the ass.

InkdMuscle
03-18-08, 3:10 pm
That there is shit load of people who are there, that think its social hour and take up so much damn space. They need to get work on getting ass outside of thegym and let the serous lifters get there work done. Or the guys who do one set of bench press w/one set of plates and walk around like they are ronnie coleman and start talking outta there ass to everyone who is trying to get shit accomplished.

WeeMan
03-18-08, 3:40 pm
"Work out or leave". Now that should be on a t-shirt. I would wear that shit everyday. I'm not joking Universal. I hope you see this.

"go hard or go home", "shut the fuck up and train" ....they dont do it for you?

Toni69
03-18-08, 3:44 pm
The worst thing about my gym are these 2 military guys that come in and give me a shit ass time. They get in my way, they unrack my weights when I go off to the bathroom or if Im supersetting. They even go so far as to standing right in front of me while doing presses or whatever and pretty much cornering me so I can move in my space. They would stand in front of me and do something like behind the head tricep exts (incorrectly too), so I cant press or cant get up off the bench without bumping into them. Im so frustrated with them already.

MassMan
03-18-08, 6:48 pm
The worst thing about my gym are these 2 military guys that come in and give me a shit ass time. They get in my way, they unrack my weights when I go off to the bathroom or if Im supersetting. They even go so far as to standing right in front of me while doing presses or whatever and pretty much cornering me so I can move in my space. They would stand in front of me and do something like behind the head tricep exts (incorrectly too), so I cant press or cant get up off the bench without bumping into them. Im so frustrated with them already.

You should stare them down, Toni. That should scare them away and let them know you are not one of them gym bunnies.

Phil800101
03-23-08, 2:11 am
The NEW worst thing about my gym is that it's closing as of April 1st. They just announced it today. They're honoring all current memberships at the two Gold's Gyms in town, and mine doesn't expire until sometime in May, so that's good. Plus, I know the one Gold's is supposed to be really good, and it's open basically 24 hours Monday-Friday (well, they close at 11 pm on Friday, and I don't know the weekend hours, but they reopen at 4am on Mondays). However, as soon as my current membership expires my gym dues are pretty much going to double, not to mention that my drive to the gym will go from five minutes to almost fifteen. Oh well, small stuff really, in the grand scheme of things. I could be alot worse off.

Dominvs
03-23-08, 3:19 am
Those college boys who come and bench press 50kgs to show off their bitches and those bitches who are impressed with them.Hrrr

mustgetbig
03-23-08, 9:38 am
it has a leak in the wall so the floor is covered in water which leaves me with soggy feet and rusty equipment

GUNJAK
03-24-08, 8:40 am
The dude that uses chalk for every set of every exercise. And I've never seen homeboy use weight heavy enough to justify the massive amounts of chalk.

WeeMan
03-24-08, 11:12 am

just tell them to fuck off

BamBam
03-24-08, 11:41 am
The dude that uses chalk for every set of every exercise. And I've never seen homeboy use weight heavy enough to justify the massive amounts of chalk.

HAHA...I think that guy comes into my gym...or at least someone he knows lol

GUNJAK
03-24-08, 11:49 am
HAHA...I think that guy comes into my gym...or at least someone he knows lol

I'll roll into the gym and there is chalk everywhere, from the 20lb dumbells to the treadmill. Shit is outta control.

BamBam
03-24-08, 11:50 am
I'll roll into the gym and there is chalk everywhere, from the 20lb dumbells to the treadmill. Shit is outta control.

Thats why so many gyms cant use chalk or dont allow it...dumb asses like that

SQUAT or DIE!
03-24-08, 12:36 pm
Thats why so many gyms cant use chalk or dont allow it...dumb asses like that

speaking of chalk i just found out im probably allergic to the talc in chalk.. its a sad day for me..

livetobuild5
03-24-08, 5:50 pm
this just happened today....as i was resting gettin ready to do my last set of deadlifts, some old ass lady and her 7 year old grandson come over, attempt to move my barbell laying on the floor so the kid can do fucking sit ups,,,,what the hell is that?// iw asn't going to say anything though because it was a young kid and his grandma.... But seriously, have a little decency amungst yourself... these sort of things have been happening a lot to me lately..

BiG in NYC 823
03-27-08, 8:31 am
Worst thing about my gyms, as I a member of two are..
for "Gym A"
- Group of friends, and young kids, that think they could lift ### pounds when in reality they can't and almost ending up hurting themselves and only embarrass themselves. It's only b/c they are with their "ignorant" friends that they think they could lift all that weight.
It's just funny to see and annoying afterward, since they dont' put the weights back.

For "Gym B"
-It's WAY too big for it's own good.
i.e. Dip station is on one side, and dumbbells and barbells is one another. So I cannot superset dips w/ curls.
It's just annoying and wastes my time going back and forth to use some machines that I want, etc.
-Also, NOONE re-racks their weight!!
It sucks b/c then i am stuck looking for the "other" 90 or 95 lbs dumbbell.
UGH!

BamBam
03-27-08, 8:53 am
Worst thing about my gyms, as I a member of two are..
for "Gym A"
- Group of friends, and young kids, that think they could lift ### pounds when in reality they can't and almost ending up hurting themselves and only embarrass themselves. It's only b/c they are with their "ignorant" friends that they think they could lift all that weight.
It's just funny to see and annoying afterward, since they dont' put the weights back.

For "Gym B"
-It's WAY too big for it's own good.
i.e. Dip station is on one side, and dumbbells and barbells is one another. So I cannot superset dips w/ curls.
It's just annoying and wastes my time going back and forth to use some machines that I want, etc.
-Also, NOONE re-racks their weight!!
It sucks b/c then i am stuck looking for the "other" 90 or 95 lbs dumbbell.
UGH!

That sucks...but you put the two together...and you have the YMCA where I lift...I went in yesterday to do LEGS...got the squat rack ready (power cage), did my bar w/u, then 135 w/u....then...went to take a piss b4 I got started with everything else...and when I come back...this jack ass has stripped my weight, and put the pins up to his head so he can do push presses I guess (I dont honestly know what he was trying to do...like a jumping jack with weight)...and when he saw me come back in he got ghost white, and I mumbled "WTF" under my headphones noise and watched him do every set....BUT THEN...he leaves the pins and bar where they are, and just leans the 45's against the rack...I wanted to bag tag this s.o.b. so bad...people like that make me thirst for my own gym sooooo badly!

Oh, btw...which gym do you usually attend?

d60hanna
03-27-08, 9:01 am
i hate a bunch of fucking idiots and old fuckers. the old people come in to do like 2 pounds on the fucking machines. half the time they dont even know where they are. and the idiots try to max out and do the same body part (chest) every day.

Joff the Beast
03-27-08, 1:20 pm
Missing pins..where the hell do they go?

oh, and guys (no offense if any of you are one of these guys..I would hope not if your a part of this thread), that make a load of noise and are not lifting worth a dam to be making so much noise in the first place.

I have this one guy at my gym who comes in like clockwork, does bicep curls with 25lb db's and starts grunting and throwing weights around like he owns the place. This drives me mad! What do I do, I grab the 30's and pump out my set right next to him, quiet as a mouse. It gets him to move about 10ft from wherever I am standing.

I disagree with ya Toni, grunting is not about the weight but about the effort that you provide. Ive been training for 4 years and made a ton of improvement, but Im nowhere near to lift heavy weights like other Animal bros lift (like deadlifting 450lbs or Benching 300lbs). But I always train all out and on my last reps if you were nearby me you'd hear me grunting. You'd probably think something along the lines of : Yeah hes grunting and only lift light weight. poser...

But you'd be wrong as I am WAY stronger than I was when I began (shit I was doing Dumbells presses with 25's).

Dont judge too quickly... If I see a newbie do a set with perfect form I dont care he grunts or make noise, he did his best and that's what count. Bad form or making noise for the sake of it is another thing though...

Peace,

Joff

The Hulk2011
12-08-08, 9:43 am
So we've all been to the gym! The one where all the soccer moms are getting massages and their husbands doing curls in the squat rack! The one where everyone wispers about you when you're busting ass grunting! It annoying the hell out of me to be trying to lift and have to wait for the bench because the "tought boys" in college are trying to get some girls lifting 200 for a damn half rep with the worst form ever and trying to act like that was nothing for them! I can't stand when I'm doing my sets and on my rest inbetween sets go fill my bottle up, come back and somebodys fucked up my weight or better yet took it all off and is now using my machine! I was gone for 15sec! Damn! and the worst thing is trhe damn music. Who can train hard when the got damn relaxing or rap that says fuck you every other word! Turn the real shit up lould or turn it off! So... What reall annoys you in the gym. The people music the machines....?

Let me know brothers

The Hulk

sanga
12-08-08, 9:55 am
I can handle all of that as I have my I-Pod on and my "fuck off I`m training" look on my face but I hate and I mean hate with a passion anyone that curls in the squat rack, it makes my piss boil!!!!

Take the fucking bar and piss off to the other side of the gym and curl but let the ones who want to squat squat!!

eric downey
12-08-08, 10:05 am
well when they take your machine..TAKE IT BACK

When they take your weight..TAKE IT BACK

When they take your bench. put the weight on there throat and ask them if they like training on your bench. there are pussies in every gym. you just gotta know how to deal with them. i learned years ago to just be a dick. theres a wanna be BD guy in our gym. walks around in his little shirts and shorts but have no muscle i mean no muscle. well we always get blamed for leaving all the heavy shit out in the gym. so when he lefts the 100's on the leg press it was my pleasure to just his ass about cleaning off equipment.

Big Wides
12-08-08, 10:12 am
So we've all been to the gym! The one where all the soccer moms are getting massages and their husbands doing curls in the squat rack! The one where everyone wispers about you when you're busting ass grunting! It annoying the hell out of me to be trying to lift and have to wait for the bench because the "tought boys" in college are trying to get some girls lifting 200 for a damn half rep with the worst form ever and trying to act like that was nothing for them! I can't stand when I'm doing my sets and on my rest inbetween sets go fill my bottle up, come back and somebodys fucked up my weight or better yet took it all off and is now using my machine! I was gone for 15sec! Damn! and the worst thing is trhe damn music. Who can train hard when the got damn relaxing or rap that says fuck you every other word! Turn the real shit up lould or turn it off! So... What reall annoys you in the gym. The people music the machines....?

Let me know brothers

The Hulk

No matter where you go and train, you are going to encounter people/places like this. Just put up the horse blinders and get to work. Stop worrying about what others are doing and concentrate more on what you need to do. I train at a commercial gym and to be honest, yeah we have our far share of idoits, the music sucks but you know what it fuels me to train harder. Hoping that maybe one day it will rub off on someone and then spread like wildfire. Foucs on your task at hand and stop worrying about what others are doing.

There is nothing wrong with curling in a squat rack, I do it.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-08-08, 10:13 am
well when they take your machine..TAKE IT BACK

When they take your weight..TAKE IT BACK

i do believe i like this approach, very kirk karwoski...

man weve all dealt with that shit, its a fact of life we have to accept.. learn to live with it and take eric downey's approach to the assholes who steal your weights

eric downey
12-08-08, 11:39 am
maybe. i started training with some old school guys. i havnt seen anything like what i said in years and havnt done it myself in a long time. i try and workout now when the gym is least busy or with my team. kids do need to learn some manners. as far as kirk goes thats dudes nuts. i once saw a 150lbs guy crack a guy just like kirk in the head with a 2 1/2 after a event like he talks about. it was the greatest thing ive ever seen. the guy was out cold. the big guy never came back to the gym.

prowrestler
12-08-08, 2:49 pm
worst part about my gym are the people in it.

the tag team lifters

the old wannabe's

the clubbers

the eyeball fuckers

the fat people who never loose weight after 10 years

the people who enjoy moaning and complaining about anything.

ughhhhhhhh

we also got bench stealers, i go to get water after leaving my stuff and my towel on the bench, before you know it, i have 2 punks doing db presses on MY BENCH? theres open benches to but no, they gotta take mine.

Aggression
12-08-08, 3:18 pm
we also got bench stealers, i go to get water after leaving my stuff and my towel on the bench, before you know it, i have 2 punks doing db presses on MY BENCH? theres open benches to but no, they gotta take mine.

Those are my favorite. You leave your shit on the machine and they just move it and start working out. And usually they're punk-ass kids. I have yet to see some big motherfu*ker moving people's stuff out of the way without asking around first. Uneducated people.

futurefreak101
12-08-08, 5:38 pm
no1 in my gym knows how to rack their weights..or take their weights off the bar for that matter...its fucked up cause in order to get to the 10s i have to go through a pile of 45s 25s and 5s to get to the 10s or watever im trying to get..i really dont understand why its so hard to clean up after yourself.

GettinBigInFl
12-08-08, 8:02 pm
I hate when I am doing deads with anything over 500 and some bicept warrior tries to work in to impress his peeps only to not even budge it then say, " oh i had that last week."
Just stay out of my way and let me grow...

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-08-08, 8:27 pm
People that do unrelated lowerbody excersies, in MY squat rack..

Being the only person(along with my training partner) who actually put up heavy shit in the rack, I have no qualms about telling the Upright rowers, bicep curlers, and PEOPLE THAT DO ABWORK ON A MAT IN THE RACK, to please take that bullshit elsewhere..go over in the freeweight area, and pick the bar up from the floor....no nonsense in my squat rack...

shizz702
12-08-08, 8:48 pm
People that do unrelated lowerbody excersies, in MY squat rack..

Being the only person(along with my training partner) who actually put up heavy shit in the rack, I have no qualms about telling the Upright rowers, bicep curlers, and PEOPLE THAT DO ABWORK ON A MAT IN THE RACK, to please take that bullshit elsewhere..go over in the freeweight area, and pick the bar up from the floor....no nonsense in my squat rack...

Hell yea bro!

No nonsense in the mutha fucking squat rack!!!!!!!!!!!

Cstlfx
12-08-08, 11:44 pm
Everyone is talking about curling in the squat rack, but needs to be more specific. If you have pre-made bars and a preacher station, then only after they have surpassed them can they curl in the squat rack. I'd if you're curling 135+ and actually doing them not bullshitting, I say go curl in the rack.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-09-08, 12:06 am
Everyone is talking about curling in the squat rack, but needs to be more specific. If you have pre-made bars and a preacher station, then only after they have surpassed them can they curl in the squat rack. I'd if you're curling 135+ and actually doing them not bullshitting, I say go curl in the rack.

Eh i tend to disagree there...im positive those ez curl bars have enough room on them for several 45's...no reason to bring it in the squat rack

Cstlfx
12-09-08, 2:52 am
Eh i tend to disagree there...im positive those ez curl bars have enough room on them for several 45's...no reason to bring it in the squat rack

Straight bar hits the bi's in a completely different manner.

However, you'll occasionally find a gym with a 25 pound straight bar. Its supposed to be used for curls, but weekend warriors and bicep boys dont know it exists or what its for. A lot of times I think its seen as the "female" bar.

So, in summation, if you have a standing preacher/spider curl rack, and a 25 pound straight bar, you shouldnt be in the squat rack. If you dont have either and are lifting more than the fixed bars, go for the squat rack.

V Man
12-09-08, 7:54 am
If someone hops on your bench when you get a drink of water - its easy.

Just say:

Hey - Excuse me, Ive not finished yet. Or ask if they want to train with you. No need to crush their head with an olympic bar or bash their skull in with a dumbell. Bit of an over reaction. And it may result in something called a "jail sentence". And I dont think they've got decent gyms or access to protein shakes in there.

Same as if someone is curling in the squat rack. Just ask if they can move over so you can squat, or take it in turns to do sets. The squat rack belongs to everybody in the gym. Its not the territory of Serious BBers and PLs only.

rant over

Worst thing about my gym? - waaaaaay too overcrowded. I appreciate that its a business and it is the gym managements prerogative to take on as many mambers as they can, but when you get to the point where Your trying to squeeze 2000 people into a 1000 sq ft gym - it doesnt really work.

sodapop
12-09-08, 7:54 am
At the gym yesterday, I was waiting to use the flat bench these two older guys were using (In their 50s I'm guessing), and they see me standing there, but they fucking talk for 10 minutes in between sets! Oh, and not to mention the fact that these "sets" consisted of loading up 135 and bringing the bar down (literally) an inch or two, and back up, 12 times. Jesus.

prowrestler
12-09-08, 10:45 am
At the gym yesterday, I was waiting to use the flat bench these two older guys were using (In their 50s I'm guessing), and they see me standing there, but they fucking talk for 10 minutes in between sets! Oh, and not to mention the fact that these "sets" consisted of loading up 135 and bringing the bar down (literally) an inch or two, and back up, 12 times. Jesus.

gross

i got guys like that

Carpe Diem P.T
12-10-08, 3:47 am
This guy comes in to where I work last night, starts on biceps, then moves to chest..anyway half way through he takes his shirt off. lol its this guys first time in this gym and he thinks its ok to take his shirt off. wtf? Now he was a very tiny young man and im pretty sure it was no hotter with his singlet on.

The Sun
12-10-08, 4:32 am
my gym got only 1 rack, so if someone works in it you gotta wait.
no chalk allowed.

no free bar, though got 1 decline bench press station so I always take the bar from there (fuck decline bench who does it anyway?)

gay music (electro-house bah)

too much fuckin gay mirrors (stop flexing u bicep boys)
dumbells only reach 100.

193AFSOC
12-10-08, 5:17 am
I agree with many of you on here, but this is the one that gets me the most. Read on...

You have worked hard for years, eating a lot and eating right, taking the correct supplements, and sacrificing other things in your life to be able to hit the gym. You drink tons of water, may use creatine, protien, vitamins, and whatever else you saw fit to work into your regimen. You built yourself a nice base of muscle, and getting to the point where people stare. You are dedicated.

Then the envy and jealousy comes in. "U roidin dude?"....."dude you're gettin big, what u r takin? I mean do u use creatine?" "Theres no way you could look like that without roiding!"

This is by far the most enraging thing that happens at my gym. Just cause i dedicated a lifestyle to a sport, drug free, consistnetly, for years, i am 'on roids'!

I think the truth is, since these people do not have the focus it takes to achieve this level in the game, they siimply shrug it off as roids. They are weak, they have no focus or intensity, and not even the slightest knowledge on proper nutrition...which is why they are where they are today. They are weak becasue they cannot fathom that someone has achielved a level that i have, and they haven't and they atribute to "roids" to make them feel better.

You know what I sa?

"BULLS** Its called HARD WORK. DONE"

Aggression
12-10-08, 9:52 am
my gym got only 1 rack, so if someone works in it you gotta wait.
no chalk allowed.

no free bar, though got 1 decline bench press station so I always take the bar from there (fuck decline bench who does it anyway?)

gay music (electro-house bah)

too much fuckin gay mirrors (stop flexing u bicep boys)
dumbells only reach 100.

That's just an all-around terrible gym haha.

The Sun
12-10-08, 10:00 am
That's just an all-around terrible gym haha.

saddest thing is that this is one of the most expansive gyms in Israel bro...
bought a 2nd hand membership.

you don't want to imagine how the other gyms in Israel look like.

wedge
12-10-08, 12:41 pm
The worst thing about my gym is the people who park illegally to be closer to the front door of the gym. They pile up around the turns, on the walkways and every where they can, often causing major traffic headaches or potential accident scenarios.
Is it really asking too much to park a few yards in the back of the lot? You're going to work out. Use the damm, two minute walk as part of your warm up!

Big Wides
12-10-08, 12:41 pm
New pet peeve.....people who decide to walk as close as they can to the bar your using mid rep without touching it, or the dude who does one-armed leaning side laterals next to the squat rack your using coming damn close to the bar.

JUGGERNAUT
12-10-08, 1:05 pm
New pet peeve.....people who decide to walk as close as they can to the bar your using mid rep without touching it, or the dude who does one-armed leaning side laterals next to the squat rack your using coming damn close to the bar.

Had to repost this haha:

[quote=Big Wides;584341]Legs, Calves, Shoulders.....12/09/08 at 8 PM at a ridcioulus gym where no one pays attention to anything

"Guy puts chair for doing box squats only a foot from where your bar would touch it at parallel, followed by another TOOL actually walking between it when you have 500 plus on the bar in a walk-out followed by yet ANOTHER A-Hole who decides to do side laterals right freaken next to the end of your bar while repping 500 plus in the squat!!!!!!!"

Carpe Diem P.T
12-11-08, 8:15 am
To all the smoking hot girls that go to gyms with head phones in to make sure no guys talk to you but desperately scan the room to make sure they are looking at you, GET OVER YOURSELF. not everyone wants to root you.

JUGGERNAUT
12-11-08, 10:09 am
To all the smoking hot girls that go to gyms with head phones in to make sure no guys talk to you but desperately scan the room to make sure they are looking at you, GET OVER YOURSELF. not everyone wants to root you.

So true but for spite, I run up to them; unplug their head phones and yell FIRE!

Enforcer
12-11-08, 10:13 am
I am one of about 5 people that speaks English...lol

Aggression
12-11-08, 10:15 am

I think we have a winner (IMO)

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-11-08, 10:18 am

lol do you have to give the " uno-dos-tres" for lift offs?! lol

or when you're encouraging them on a big lift do you yell SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!

Enforcer
12-11-08, 10:26 am
lol do you have to give the " uno-dos-tres" for lift offs?! lol

or when you're encouraging them on a big lift do you yell SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!

Hahahahahhah no but they do count out loud that way when doing their lifts

ghost
12-11-08, 10:28 am
Hahahahahhah no but they do count out loud that way when doing their lifts

Come to the gyms near me, it is all arabic.............. and at my office all day, all arabic..... thankfully when i go home, i ignore everyone around except the wife, who speaks NO arabic. lol.

JUGGERNAUT
12-11-08, 10:36 am
At my gym I have learned to speak both Russian and Polish fluently..... OK, maybe not fluently but very close to not at all....

WK
12-11-08, 3:06 pm
worst thing(s) about my gym:

- the annoying old ass guy that "used to bench 10 million lbs" but he just 'maintains' now...

- the 16 year old "football star" that stares at you for fucking cock-curling more than he can bench

- the old women on treadmills that stare at you like "wtf is his problem?"

- the anorexic wife beater kid that has 409 tatoos and thinks b/c he has ink - he's a badass lol

- the guys that come in EVERY day and do bench, machine bench, incline bench, incline machine bench, dumbell bench,chest flys, and pushups - then leave

RK
12-11-08, 4:35 pm
Worst thing is people sitting on equipment while there on there fucken cell phones. I also hate the people that put 400 pounds on the smith machine and pretend to squat by barley bending there knees, then rack it and start yelling about how great they are.

AfterGains
12-11-08, 10:27 pm
No chalk...

Celine Dion type music.... (Ipod is necessary)

Skinny dudes doing curls in every corner of the place, including power racks.

shellshock1911
12-12-08, 10:09 am
The fact that my gym eschews the hardcore bodybuilding image and accomodates to the average people that come in to socialize and hang. There is only one damn squat rack, and what pisses me off the most is people doing curls in it! WTF? There are deadlift bars on the ground, benchs, dumbells, flat bars, and EZ bars that they can do damn curls in, and they just have to do curls in the squat rack. Leave the fuckin ego at the door! And after finishing their curls, this one idiot loads up 225 and puts it at a utility bench height and doesn't even lift it! Instead he lays down on the bench, and puts his feet under the bar so he doesn't fall off, and starts doing hyperextensions! They have specific places for that! And if he still doesn't want to use those, he can use one of the THREE Smith Machines and get the same effect. Squat rack is for SQUATS.

And also the guys that do weight way over their max with shit form to try to impress all the girls who don't know what the hell good form is.

My contract expires in January so I am considering joining a new gym that is more adapted for serious lifters.

Douger
12-12-08, 1:14 pm
is that there is no good area to dead lift and that all the hammer strength equip is with all the circuit training crap.

Fable
12-14-08, 8:50 pm
I won't include the talk about the douchebags that do annoying things, or run around in packs, or the old folk who do everything naked in the lockers before changing. That'll pretty much plague you at whatever gym you're at.

My real gripes?

One single water fountain out on the floor - the other two are hidden away in the locker rooms - there's usually a bunch of people waiting at a time.

Not enough 45lbs. plates. With everyone using 1/4 reps, you run out of that shit pretty quickly. Oh, and not enough collars. There are a whopping three pairs of spring clips in the whole gym.

No glute-ham machines. A pity.

Aggression
12-14-08, 9:28 pm
Worst thing about my gym ...

The homosexuals that eye you down through your entire workout. There is one dude who, no matter when/where I look, there he is; eying me up. It freaks me out a bit. He even chooses to do exercises that are close in proximity to me and my partner ....

J Wong
12-14-08, 9:32 pm
My gym is pretty good when it comes to people, I don't have a problem with all the older people doing their thing, at least they are doing it. But when it comes to equipment, I don't like the DBs stopping at 105, only 2 benches and only 2 squat racks.

joms_phoenix
12-14-08, 11:57 pm
I've signed up for Gold's Gym just a couple of few months here in the Philippines. Everything was great except for the fact that the Gold's here is more of the "fitness center" where it's treated more as a social or singles club rather than a place to workout seriously. You guys know what I mean... I see people yapping on their cell phones while doing light leg presses, people who won't let you alternate with the machine as if they already it, rich kids who wanna get big but don't want pain, people who enrolled just for the sole purpose of bragging they're working out with celebrities... stuff like these I see. Man they should consider themselves lucky because Gold's gave them the opportunity to train with the best equipment and area that some blue collar hardcore worker would only dream about using to the maximum level.

How 'bout the Gold's in the America? Is this how it's become too?

arsilva
12-15-08, 1:38 am
DBs only go to 100..my chest is hungry for more

since it's a college gym, there are alot of rec/quarter-rep/wife-beater type guys that take up all the benches and the only leg press

V Man
12-15-08, 7:18 am
Worst thing about my gym ...

The homosexuals that eye you down through your entire workout. There is one dude who, no matter when/where I look, there he is; eying me up. It freaks me out a bit. He even chooses to do exercises that are close in proximity to me and my partner ....

ha!

well its not your fault your hot...

Worst thing about my gym? The training programs of most of the members:

Monday: chest
Tuesday: chest and biceps
Wdnesday: chest
Thursday: chest and biceps
Friday: Chest
Sat: Biceps (2000 reps with 1lb dumbells) abs (10 000 crunches)
Sun: Off. Mcdonalds for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Firedrake
12-15-08, 1:22 pm
I discovered this morning that one of the "EZ Curl" or cambered bars has disappeared, and there's only one left on the floor -- and two of us wanted to use it at once . . .

JUGGERNAUT
12-15-08, 1:33 pm
I discovered this morning that one of the "EZ Curl" or cambered bars has disappeared, and there's only one left on the floor -- and two of us wanted to use it at once . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0kVdEGklkc

Did you "Toss a coin" over it?

Firedrake
12-15-08, 2:24 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0kVdEGklkc

Did you "Toss a coin" over it?

Nah. He's a nice guy -- he let me go first for the cambered bar reverse grip curls Rage has me doing . . .

JUGGERNAUT
12-15-08, 2:28 pm
Nah. He's a nice guy -- he let me go first for the cambered bar reverse grip curls Rage has me doing . . .

You should be very cautious while doing those! If you don't watch out, they will put more mass on your forearms too.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-15-08, 2:42 pm
You should be very cautious while doing those! If you don't watch out, they will put more mass on your forearms too.

OH NO!! how horrible would that be.

Firedrake
12-15-08, 2:54 pm

Heh. Well, that IS the hope . . . um, er, . . . intent! <grin>

joms_phoenix
12-15-08, 11:07 pm
I know Gold's Gym has that hardcore reputation right? But here in the Philippines, I don't know why Gold's came to that level as a "fitness center". Even the membership contract stated no loud noises. Oh God! In America or your respective countries, has Gold's become this way?

Firedrake
12-15-08, 11:10 pm
I know Gold's Gym has that hardcore reputation right? But here in the Philippines, I don't know why Gold's came to that level as a "fitness center". Even the membership contract stated no loud noises. Oh God! In America or your respective countries, has Gold's become this way?

I'm not so sure of Gold's, but as early as eight years ago, I got thrown out of a World Gym, which had, at one time, an equally hardcore reputations, for making too much noise when I came up out of the hole under heavy squats.

Psycho77
12-15-08, 11:29 pm
I'm not so sure of Gold's, but as early as eight years ago, I got thrown out of a World Gym, which had, at one time, an equally hardcore reputations, for making too much noise when I came up out of the hole under heavy squats.

Happened to me as well Drake, got thrown out of a local Golds gym for "making disturbing and inaapropritate noise and gestures" while doing heavy squats and deads. Now I go to a small hole-int-the-wall gym, its home.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-16-08, 7:47 am
maybe you grunters need a muzzle!

someones going to come up with some invention that you wear while you train that allows you to make as much oral noise as possible.

or even some sort of silencer. something u can keep in your mouth like a mouth guard that sucks all the sound up, or turns it in to a pretty fragrance. lol

Psycho77
12-16-08, 8:03 am
or even some sort of silencer. something u can keep in your mouth like a mouth guard that sucks all the sound up, or turns it in to a pretty fragrance. lol

interesting lol. the more pleasant smelling the gym is, the more grunters and yellers are in there.

cesmeister
12-16-08, 3:25 pm
People who do not understand the "work" in "work out"

these kids were benching next to me and one kid asked the other if he wanted to move up in weight and the other kid said "I don't know, do you really want that hard of a workout?"

i absolutely lost my mind. not being able to push weight is one thing, but if you just don't wanna work out hard then why the fuck are you wasting space in the gym?

prowrestler
12-16-08, 3:30 pm
People who do not understand the "work" in "work out"

these kids were benching next to me and one kid asked the other if he wanted to move up in weight and the other kid said "I don't know, do you really want that hard of a workout?"

i absolutely lost my mind. not being able to push weight is one thing, but if you just don't wanna work out hard then why the fuck are you wasting space in the gym?

didnt you post this and it got sent to the bullshit section????

theres probably things that MATTER that are worse for you in the gym.

cesmeister
12-16-08, 3:58 pm
another thing

i was maxing out the dip machine and this kid goes "the whole stak huh? what roids are you on?"

i said "i don't think youve heard of them.. i stack hard work with proper form... the results are great"

nuff said

cesmeister
12-16-08, 3:59 pm
didnt you post this and it got sent to the bullshit section????

theres probably things that MATTER that are worse for you in the gym.

this whole thread is a rant ive been reading it all day bro

PeoplesChamp
12-16-08, 4:24 pm
People giving me weird looks when I deadlift.

People who do 10 sets of bench press then leave

People who have a bicep day w/ bench press EVERY day

People who ask me if I'm on "roids" (I'm 5'9" 165)

The randomness of the dumbbell rack

Big3
12-16-08, 4:30 pm
people who just sit there and take up space.... jeez... talk about getting in peoples' way. Move, I'm losing my pump!

Little Z
12-16-08, 4:30 pm
People who tell me im doing something wrong in the middle of a set..

thats my favvvvvy..

prowrestler
12-16-08, 5:30 pm
another thing

i was maxing out the dip machine and this kid goes "the whole stak huh? what roids are you on?"

i said "i don't think youve heard of them.. i stack hard work with proper form... the results are great"

nuff said

lol! thats a good one

this is the rant thread? i thought there is an actual rant thread somewhere here.

prowrestler
12-16-08, 5:30 pm
People who tell me im doing something wrong in the middle of a set..

thats my favvvvvy..

hate that

RENFRO
12-16-08, 6:28 pm
people that complain about "grunting"...sorry but I get my mind right before I step under/up to 400 pounds on a squat rack/dead bar. Seriously? my noise bothers you? turn up your headphones and get over it, or come do my set for me. I don't work out in a library.

Psycho77
12-16-08, 7:37 pm
not enough plates to go around

not enough space, ever done bench pressing and have your hit the next guys bar as your pumping away?

bars aren't strong or big enough, can't fit more than 5pps. bars start bending at 450 pounds.

not enough space to hang plates on the leg press and calf raise

choice of music definitely sucks

width of the benches are too narrow, its bad enough you have to balance the bar when you bench but you have to balance your wide back on there too.

shizz702
12-16-08, 7:44 pm
not enough plates to go around

not enough space, ever done bench pressing and have your hit the next guys bar as your pumping away?

bars aren't strong or big enough, can't fit more than 5pps. bars start bending at 450 pounds.

not enough space to hang plates on the leg press and calf raise

choice of music definitely sucks

width of the benches are too narrow, its bad enough you have to balance the bar when you bench but you have to balance your wide back on there too.

I definitely hear you on the benches being too narrow, the last gym I was at before I set up my own had that same fucking problem.

Latimer316
12-16-08, 7:49 pm
I gotta say and sorry if this shit has been written on here before but I hate seeing people who bring there cell phones around with them and talk on them in between sets or cut there set short to answer the phone..ha..f'n kills me

cesmeister
12-17-08, 10:33 am
people who do exercises that dont deal with any weight (as in litterally no weights)....in the squat rack!

thatdude111
12-17-08, 3:17 pm
The worst thing about my gym is these people who give me dirty looks because I am there for 2 hours everyday doing 24 sets of flat bench presses and 24 sets of curls in the squat rack, then they make a big deal because I leave without cleaning up the weights.

Firedrake
12-17-08, 3:19 pm
I gotta say and sorry if this shit has been written on here before but I hate seeing people who bring there cell phones around with them and talk on them in between sets or cut there set short to answer the phone..ha..f'n kills me

I think watching someone pedal away at some pissy little speed on the bike when I'm out of breath and pedalling my legs and lungs out, while he chats on the phone about an upcoming party . . . drives me crazy! I swear I wish I could control his bike to go faster . . .

Cellerator65
12-17-08, 3:26 pm
worst thing about my gym is the people who talk the talk but dont walk the walk.

Big3
12-17-08, 8:52 pm
skinny fat kids that have an entourage with them cheering them on.

futurefreak101
12-17-08, 8:55 pm
people that leave shit laying around...then im the one that has to put all the shit back.
people that do DUMB shit in the squat rack like stand there and curl the bar with nothing on it for 20 sets (theres only one squat rack in my gym)

joms_phoenix
12-17-08, 10:12 pm
I've signed up for Gold's Gym just a couple of few months here in the Philippines. Everything was great except for the fact that the Gold's here is more of the "fitness center" where it's treated more as a social or singles club rather than a place to workout seriously. You guys know what I mean... I see people yapping on their cell phones while doing super light leg presses, the asshole who won't let you alternate with the machine as if he already fucking bought it (worst thing of all is when the fucker literally sleeps on the machine between sets. If only it's not evil to drop a 45 pounder on this guy's skull...), rich kids who wanna get big but don't want pain, people who enrolled just for the sole purpose of bragging they're working out with celebrities... stuff like these I see. Man these people should consider themselves lucky because Gold's gave them the opportunity to train with the best equipment and area that some blue collar hardcore worker would consider paradise and would only dream about using to the maximum level. Ironic right?

How 'bout the Gold's in the America? Is this how it's become too?

cesmeister
12-18-08, 11:40 am
I think watching someone pedal away at some pissy little speed on the bike when I'm out of breath and pedalling my legs and lungs out, while he chats on the phone about an upcoming party . . . drives me crazy! I swear I wish I could control his bike to go faster . . .

yes.. like when people are talking about how much they're going to drink later that night before they even start lifting

thatdude111
12-18-08, 7:55 pm
I don't understand why some people get upset if they see other people not working out correctly or slacking off, does it really matter as long as they don't get in your way or act like an asshole? Not everyone who goes to the gym has the same mentality. I don't see why it should effect anyone else if someone is not going hard enough, it's their loss not yours.

eclipsegsx102
12-18-08, 8:02 pm
people who rudely tell me they have 2 sets left(i asked politely) and then proceed to read the newspaper while sitting in the smith machine. I honestly laughed thinking about how much time this guy is wasting in his life. Sad but true.

TRIANINSANE
12-19-08, 12:20 am
The Annoying Owners.
Weak Ass Music, They Dont Play Shit For Good Music,
The Owners Think Its A Club Not A Gym. Witch They Think There Should Be No Heavy Lifting Lol Weak. ITS ALL FUCKING WEAK AROUND HERE. BUT THERE IS NO CHOICES EITHER.

Jaberwaki
12-19-08, 1:03 am
The music... the fukin music.... If I hear PINK or BRITNEY one more time I'm gonna take a flamethrower to that place... Seriously does ANYONE lift to that mess?

The MoFo
12-19-08, 5:39 am
all the stuff mentioned by you guys happens in my gym also..
but one thing thats really been pissin me off recently is this..there is a guy who's trained on off in my gym for bout 12 years usually on the train one year take two years off cycle..you know the ones. he recently came back and don't get me wrong he is quite a big guy,from when he built up ages ago. He comes in thinkin he's the nuts, lookin down on the little guys. but he's got a gut and absolutly no shape, i lift more than him at 13stone and he's 17stone!!!! so he slags people off for not bein as good as him but no1 cares coz we all look at him the same and see he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is,he lifts pussy weights,thinks amino acid and protein shakes alone will make him huge,he eats three times a day,and get this the other day asked me,"i want to make my legs bigger what will make them grow more"..wait for it........."squats or the running machine!" i couldn't believe it!!

now for what annoys me,,sorry if this is really long by the way, i found out two weeks ago he got some gear (i no its against the rules to mention but there is reason so please hear me out), he started usein it a couple of weeks ago and that doesn't bother me i resect that if you do it properly and you ain't fuckin round all cool its all part of this graet sport. but as i say this guy dont eat right nore does he want too, doesnt train right nore does he want too.doesnt do cardio nore does he want to, he doesnt sleep right and then goes and gets pissed on the weekend and still walked into the gym the other day as if someone just sold him another body, he's shoulders have come out more his legs have got bigger and he's already toning up, people say it could be muscle memory but he's been trainin again for half a year and nothin happened then but suddenly jay cutlers walked in now!!

i just think its a slap in the face for me and al guys like me. who eat to the gram,sleep perfect and train our bollocks off for the little gains we get and he's now walkin round lookin down on people even more, with a dick the size of the olympic bar he's usin!

sorry again if i breached any rules:)

dmac1850
01-05-09, 10:01 pm
So I go to a gym where it only costs $10 a month because as a high school student, my income is kinda limited but my new gym Planet Fitness...first thing the guy told me was "we don't cater to bodybuilders or power lifters"...my first thought "oh so you mean people who work out..." They have way too much abs and cardio and not nearly enough free weights, ban deadlifts, squats, and T bar rows unless you use the smith machine...and have way too many guys doing their lower back curls if you know what I mean...Got dirty looks for leg pressing, and no calf raises....But it's cheap and I make do...If anyone knows of a cheap gym that's more hardcore near philly, I'd love to know about it...

Carpe Diem P.T
01-06-09, 3:31 am
all the stuff mentioned by you guys happens in my gym also..
but one thing thats really been pissin me off recently is this..there is a guy who's trained on off in my gym for bout 12 years usually on the train one year take two years off cycle..you know the ones. he recently came back and don't get me wrong he is quite a big guy,from when he built up ages ago. He comes in thinkin he's the nuts, lookin down on the little guys. but he's got a gut and absolutly no shape, i lift more than him at 13stone and he's 17stone!!!! so he slags people off for not bein as good as him but no1 cares coz we all look at him the same and see he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is,he lifts pussy weights,thinks amino acid and protein shakes alone will make him huge,he eats three times a day,and get this the other day asked me,"i want to make my legs bigger what will make them grow more"..wait for it........."squats or the running machine!" i couldn't believe it!!

now for what annoys me,,sorry if this is really long by the way, i found out two weeks ago he got some gear (i no its against the rules to mention but there is reason so please hear me out), he started usein it a couple of weeks ago and that doesn't bother me i resect that if you do it properly and you ain't fuckin round all cool its all part of this graet sport. but as i say this guy dont eat right nore does he want too, doesnt train right nore does he want too.doesnt do cardio nore does he want to, he doesnt sleep right and then goes and gets pissed on the weekend and still walked into the gym the other day as if someone just sold him another body, he's shoulders have come out more his legs have got bigger and he's already toning up, people say it could be muscle memory but he's been trainin again for half a year and nothin happened then but suddenly jay cutlers walked in now!!

i just think its a slap in the face for me and al guys like me. who eat to the gram,sleep perfect and train our bollocks off for the little gains we get and he's now walkin round lookin down on people even more, with a dick the size of the olympic bar he's usin!

sorry again if i breached any rules:)

you seem like a good guy but you are way too focused on this fella. Be proud of your acheivements and how you look while your doing it how your heart tells you to. You can sleep at night, thats what matters.

From what you have said this guy is VERY insecure and is desperate for the approval of others. He looks for those weaker to make himself feel superior. This type of individual should be pitied and then moved on from.

P-Ram
01-06-09, 4:00 am
-Cell Phone guy
-Guys that leave their personal belongings on the bench when they aren't even using said bench in their routine.
-Lost pins
-People who feel the need to stack 4 heavy plates in front of a light-weight plate.

And finally, (and I'm probably alone on this one) the first floor of my gym is home to all of the exercise equipment, the second floor is packed with the offices but it doubles as an after school care. Until recently, we coexisted in perfect harmony...then the 'rents started whining about their kids being around a bunch of weightlifters and my gym decided to close in the afternoon. The current schedule is as follows:

Open from 7am-2pm
CLOSED from 2pm-6pm
Open from 6pm-10pm

How fucked up is that? If it wasn't rediculously cheap I would've hightailed it by now.

theharjmann
01-06-09, 4:32 am
this one guy...he gets on EVERYBODY'S tits! O my god where do i begin:

1) Eats bananas and leaves the skins and his bottle of water on the floor...worse still on benches that he isnt using!
2) He always wears a t-shirt, and within of 5 minutes of being in the gym, he will roll up his sleeves!
3) He has the worst form on EVERY exercise....including preacher curls....if that is even possible!
4) He puts 3 or 4 plates on each side of a bar to squat, and im not joking, goes down to not even a quarter of full depth.
5) He does barvell curls on the squat rack...I always tell him to politely Fuck off when i wanna squat and he's doing that!
6) (The thing that pisses me off the most) He does seated overhead tricep extension with a pre-made up bar of 10kg (22lb) bar, and after a set throws the bar down sooo hard that she WHOLE of my town can hear....he follows this up with a walk around the weights area, looing at his arms in the mirror with an expression on his face that makes me wanna smack him!

And this pisses me off no end....we have FINALLY just got a power rack in at our gym....I HATE people who say it is a crap piece of apparatus that just wastes space....we haven't got much space in our weights area, but if we could only have one thing, it would be that....people just don't get it!

Anyway...enough with the the rant....i'm off to eat a steak!

Peace

Dingo
01-06-09, 12:49 pm
The worst thing about my gym is these people who give me dirty looks because I am there for 2 hours everyday doing 24 sets of flat bench presses and 24 sets of curls in the squat rack, then they make a big deal because I leave without cleaning up the weights.

hey, it doesn't mater how big and bad you are, show some respect and clean up after yourself. I loath having to pick up, clear out, search and rearrange weights because someone gets done and its more convenient for them to just drop them where they are. I dont care if i do 100 sets in the leg press with 8 plates per side, its not teh next guys job to clean up after me because i was "too tired from all that work" to clean up myself.

RESPECT is part of this whole Animal movement, so like i said show some to everyone else and clean up.

ghost
01-06-09, 12:57 pm
you all have these problems listed about your gym and how you hate that these people do this and that.... I have two sides to this thread...
a) you are taking too much time noticing what others are doing and not focusing enough on your own shit, or if you are there that long, you better fucking be doing something.
and b.) You talk about how you hate these people for this and that, but you never offer advice to that person, or talk to that person about said bad habits.

as for the above post where the gym closes from 2-6..... find a new gym. fuck that place.

ghost
01-06-09, 12:58 pm
hey, it doesn't mater how big and bad you are, show some respect and clean up after yourself. I loath having to pick up, clear out, search and rearrange weights because someone gets done and its more convenient for them to just drop them where they are. I dont care if i do 100 sets in the leg press with 8 plates per side, its not teh next guys job to clean up after me because i was "too tired from all that work" to clean up myself.

RESPECT is part of this whole Animal movement, so like i said show some to everyone else and clean up.

Dingo, amazing post man.

Clean up after yourself, dont be a lazy fuck. if you have the energy to put it on the bar, make yourself take it the fuck off of it.

Dingo
01-06-09, 1:04 pm
Dingo, amazing post man.

Clean up after yourself, dont be a lazy fuck. if you have the energy to put it on the bar, make yourself take it the fuck off of it.

its an ongoing battle every day in my gym, at the end of my workouts sometimes i feel like an employee because im goin around pickin up everyone elses mess

ghost
01-06-09, 1:12 pm
its an ongoing battle every day in my gym, at the end of my workouts sometimes i feel like an employee because im goin around pickin up everyone elses mess

it is pretty funny, i lift at my wife's school weight room from time to time, and they were bitching that i never would re-rack my weights.... so i went in there one day, and before touching anything, called the athletic director down there, showed him how EVERY rack was racked to at least 225, and the db's were all over the floor.... i looked at him n said, You want to blame anyone, blame the students and the teacher for not telling them to fix that shit.

one day at a time brother, and one person at a time... that is how we change the world.

Dingo
01-06-09, 1:17 pm
it is pretty funny, i lift at my wife's school weight room from time to time, and they were bitching that i never would re-rack my weights.... so i went in there one day, and before touching anything, called the athletic director down there, showed him how EVERY rack was racked to at least 225, and the db's were all over the floor.... i looked at him n said, You want to blame anyone, blame the students and the teacher for not telling them to fix that shit.

one day at a time brother, and one person at a time... that is how we change the world.

true - one day one person - some days though i just wanna crack peoples heads, the ones the leaving the mess or even the little guys who have to slam the 40lb dbs on the floor. i mean c'mon i can incline the 120's and manage to not slam them down why cant you do the same? ya know, cant wait to one day own my own gym.

Cellerator65
01-06-09, 5:26 pm
true - one day one person - some days though i just wanna crack peoples heads, the ones the leaving the mess or even the little guys who have to slam the 40lb dbs on the floor. i mean c'mon i can incline the 120's and manage to not slam them down why cant you do the same? ya know, cant wait to one day own my own gym.

Ya dude, i dont like that either.... See i dont mind if people drop weighs because they're gassed and have no more energy to put them away. But, if u fucking throw the weight to the ground and almost hit my feet/legs... then im gonna be pissed. have some fucking respect for the people working around you.

I feel like i'd hurt myself if i just dropped the weight

prowrestler
01-06-09, 5:51 pm

i worked at my gym in a way, not floor, sup shop inside the gym

but ya

we are open 24/7. at 11, the younger guys hwo train leave to go home and the odler night crew guys come in

so this one guy who loads up the leg press to a solid 10 plates per side or more for ego reps doesnt even take 1 plate off.
that means the 130LB 65 year old man's gonna have to do that on top of everyone elses shit.

most of the time, i say something to people who dont put their shit away. and if you ever leave the bathroom a mess, i may yell at you.

theres alot of disrespect goin on from the gyms own members which doesnt connect well in my head. why? dont u train there?

ive made a kid clean up his piss on the floor...ya, he pissed on the FLOOR vs the urinal like a jack ass.

ive asked/reminded people that your suppose to put back your weights

ive shown them the signs in the gym sayin "re-rack dumbells"

but the most effective time was when some guy leaves his bench like a cocky bastard fully loaded. i look at him in the face as i personly clean it up for him as the floor person walks buy and tells me "thanks".
he was embarassed. i had a look on my face of stone.

then laughed when it was over!

CLEAN UP YOUR WEIGHTS AND CHALK!

Skinnyman
01-06-09, 6:00 pm
Ou my!
Hate the damn fancy music!
Hate small bathroom which is right next to girl section!
Hate smell of parfume mixed with sweat!
Hate constant talking and chating and it never stop!
And of course, the roid guys... "the smarties"...

Dingo
01-07-09, 10:22 am
i worked at my gym in a way, not floor, sup shop inside the gym

but ya

we are open 24/7. at 11, the younger guys hwo train leave to go home and the odler night crew guys come in

so this one guy who loads up the leg press to a solid 10 plates per side or more for ego reps doesnt even take 1 plate off.
that means the 130LB 65 year old man's gonna have to do that on top of everyone elses shit.

most of the time, i say something to people who dont put their shit away. and if you ever leave the bathroom a mess, i may yell at you.

theres alot of disrespect goin on from the gyms own members which doesnt connect well in my head. why? dont u train there?

ive made a kid clean up his piss on the floor...ya, he pissed on the FLOOR vs the urinal like a jack ass.

ive asked/reminded people that your suppose to put back your weights

ive shown them the signs in the gym sayin "re-rack dumbells"

but the most effective time was when some guy leaves his bench like a cocky bastard fully loaded. i look at him in the face as i personly clean it up for him as the floor person walks buy and tells me "thanks".
he was embarassed. i had a look on my face of stone.

then laughed when it was over!

CLEAN UP YOUR WEIGHTS AND CHALK!

thats my biggest gripe at any gym, i can get past the pop top 40 music or whatever, the cell phone junkies, bad smells any of it, but when you dont unrack the weight or put the db's back, thats what i cant get past. the good thing about it is, it tosses another log on the fire lol.

DreamZero
01-07-09, 3:20 pm
egos

dreamBIG
01-07-09, 6:28 pm
1. egos, I don't care how big you are hang your ego at the door.
2. the group of kids who come in and do like 2 reps of for instance the bench press, and then leave to talk to girls, and then when I go to use the machine they tell me they were using it... yeah right.
3. guys who come there to pick up girls, its a gym not a club
4. people who drink soda as a drink to hydrate themselves during their workout.
5. guys who walk around the locker room naked, honestly cover yourself up.
6. the 12 year olds who screw around on the machines. I don't know why they come, they are only more likely to injure someone else because of them being idiots.
7. guys who workout in Holister, Abercombie, and all those brand named clothing companies. Its a gym, you come to workout not to dress up and look good for girls. Also the guys who gel their hair, and workout in pants, and shit.
8. people who don't lift correctly.
9. people who talk on their cell phones.
10. the ridiculous prices for muscle milk ($5.50)!!

Carpe Diem P.T
01-08-09, 2:19 am
the guys who gel their hair,

I use wax because if i dont it looks like im wearing a hair helmet! Keep in mind theres nothing wrong with trying to look your best. Its just that most people are knobs about it.

dreamBIG
01-08-09, 10:46 am
I use wax because if i dont it looks like im wearing a hair helmet! Keep in mind theres nothing wrong with trying to look your best. Its just that most people are knobs about it.

yeah I agree with you, there is nothing wrong with trying to look your best, I was referring to the guys who don't come in there to workout, but to look good to pick up girls. There is a time and place for everything.

tec9
01-14-09, 2:45 am
1. egos, I don't care how big you are hang your ego at the door.
2. the group of kids who come in and do like 2 reps of for instance the bench press, and then leave to talk to girls, and then when I go to use the machine they tell me they were using it... yeah right.
3. guys who come there to pick up girls, its a gym not a club
4. people who drink soda as a drink to hydrate themselves during their workout.
5. guys who walk around the locker room naked, honestly cover yourself up.
6. the 12 year olds who screw around on the machines. I don't know why they come, they are only more likely to injure someone else because of them being idiots.
7. guys who workout in Holister, Abercombie, and all those brand named clothing companies. Its a gym, you come to workout not to dress up and look good for girls. Also the guys who gel their hair, and workout in pants, and shit.
8. people who don't lift correctly.
9. people who talk on their cell phones.
10. the ridiculous prices for muscle milk ($5.50)!!

hate when ppl stay on machine talk on phone just do your thing n get the fuck out
....nobody doing bench when i go to use guy came outta nowhere n go im using it im like shut the fuck up
fuck man we need hardcore gym in vancouver i just go to fitness quest not big but gives u old school feeling

Gimp
01-14-09, 2:56 am
1. When there too cheap, or too broke the plow the ridiculous amout of snow in the parking lot. So i end up pushing ppl's cars out as a warm-up.

2. Guys walking around naked in the locker room.

arsilva
01-14-09, 3:53 am
got in trouble today with the owner of the gold's i go to for dropping my dumbbells after my heaviest set ever (new PR). I apologize for actually busting my ass...

prafull
01-14-09, 6:34 am
Missing pins..where the hell do they go?

oh, and guys (no offense if any of you are one of these guys..I would hope not if your a part of this thread), that make a load of noise and are not lifting worth a dam to be making so much noise in the first place.

I have this one guy at my gym who comes in like clockwork, does bicep curls with 25lb db's and starts grunting and throwing weights around like he owns the place. This drives me mad! What do I do, I grab the 30's and pump out my set right next to him, quiet as a mouse. It gets him to move about 10ft from wherever I am standing.

LMAO..

Dingo
01-14-09, 1:01 pm

got in trouble today with the owner of the gold's i go to for dropping my dumbbells after my heaviest set ever (new PR). I apologize for actually busting my ass...

hey bro, i commend you on your new pr, but you probably deserved to be in trouble for dropping the weights. Nothing like lookin for a PAIR of dumbbells but only find ONE because the other is layin the the corner busted or bent to shit cause some knucklehead had to drop them. RESPECT

xMindgamex
01-15-09, 1:10 am
just hate the ego lifters. And i dont like to be talk to while i workout. Leave me alone and ill be just fine.

arsilva
01-15-09, 2:27 am
hey bro, i commend you on your new pr, but you probably deserved to be in trouble for dropping the weights. Nothing like lookin for a PAIR of dumbbells but only find ONE because the other is layin the the corner busted or bent to shit cause some knucklehead had to drop them. RESPECT

rubber floor, rubberized dumbbells. unbreakable gym. but for my last sets, we just took some of those mats they use in aerobics classes or w/e and stacked em up either side of the bench, instant cushion, dropped the Db's all day long after that with no issue or noise.

xMATT182x
01-15-09, 3:00 am
people cross the path of your weights when your doing your set. Then they look at you like your the asshole...fuckers

Becker51
01-15-09, 3:39 am
I HATE people not putting the freaking weight back.

People always leave their stuff laying around too. Went to go do some DB bench...and some sweaty ass towel was laying there...hadnt seen a single person touch it 10 minutes before.

urnowsmoking
01-26-09, 5:16 am
I absolutely hate people who use the sauna at the gym like it is located at their house. They go in without a towel ir swim suit and sit on the friggin bench and then commence shaving and leaving their beard scraps all over the floor. Breaking health code and endangering everyone.

ILL
01-26-09, 5:58 pm
...its a ballys.

fawkin shoot me now.
though 45lbs plates are still 45lb plates there....it is the mindset that matters, not where the game is played.

norsedragon
03-03-09, 9:50 pm
the jackasses who load up plates, do 1 set and walk away for 20 mins. Then, when i figure "oh they're done" they come back and are like "i was still using that" when their ass was across the gym watching tv and chatting it up w/ everyone.

i'm no longer nice to those people.. the usual answer is "tough shit. you can have it when i'm done"

OH, and being told to "set that down quieter" riiiiiiiight.. YOU set down 400+ lbs "quietly". Thats what Rubber Floors are for.

damn 24hr fitness... i wish i could start my own gym.

I agree. I think I need to adopt your attitude because being nice isn't working.

norsedragon
03-03-09, 9:59 pm
First off, like everyone people who don't rack weights. I work at my gym so being the only male i have to rack them cuz they out weight the girls usually.

Second. Posers and i dont mean doing real bb posing i mean they are there to act the part of a gym rat.

Third. No chalk provided no matter how much i cry for it at meetings.

Fourth. Cardio is in the same room as weights. Drives me insane cuz i can't have my music turned up because the middle age woman on the tread mill doesn't like Godsmack.

Fifth. All people who don't know what a Skull crusher is. I recommend them they think im trying to kill them

What do people have against Godsmack? "Whatever" is my favorite for Saturday am's when its busy. I have received similar feedback regarding skull crushers.

Big3
03-03-09, 10:07 pm
I really get pissed off when people load the leg press up with 30 plates and not take them off.. everything, I can take off because the most I've ever seen being lifted was a 315lb shit squat....

I hate the gym rats... they're there 3 hours everyday doing nothing but chit chattering and they come give me advice on what to do!!! WTF!!!

norsedragon
03-03-09, 10:15 pm
ya know for a judgement free gym theres a lot of judging going on LOL

when i was working out they have a message over the pa system that has a pleasant sounding women's voice say"at planet fitness there are no bodybuilders"
i also enjoy the messages of pizza and bagel nights

I love the bagel and pizza comment. I belong to one of the gyms who revamped their cafe for the new year with tiny white wraps because the other wraps were too many calories. The old ones were about 40g of protein and 400 cal. The new ones are 150 calories in an uncooked white tortilla. So much for supporting a bb diet.

norsedragon
03-03-09, 10:20 pm
people who rudely tell me they have 2 sets left(i asked politely) and then proceed to read the newspaper while sitting in the smith machine. I honestly laughed thinking about how much time this guy is wasting in his life. Sad but true.

I ran into his cousin this week. The guy put 20lbs on the squat bar and then disappeared for ten mins looking for clips to do bicep curls. I'm going to guess they think everyone else works at their pace?

norsedragon
03-03-09, 10:24 pm
Dingo, amazing post man.

That's it. I was working next to a guy I know, but had never seen him workout and he left plates on everything. Like you said show some respect.

B-rad89
03-03-09, 11:17 pm
I actually like the 24 Hour that I go to. A lot of the people seem to follow suit and re-rack weights if the person before them did.

I am not sure what I dislike. Trainers don't care what you do. I drop the deadlifts with trainers around and they don't care.

However, some of them trying to school me in power-lifting/strongman gets on my nerves.

DilleGomez
03-04-09, 1:14 am
this is a big one for me. i hate it when ppl do half squats or not even a half squat then they scream at the top of their lungs tryin to get it up and when they do they walk around like they own the place. you wonder why your knees are so fucked up.

jonschmid
03-04-09, 3:06 am
I think I have all of the posted below.
One gym in particular, Ballys in Fullerton, ca. Early morning with us few hard core starting our day in the gym with no music so we can hear the Wiggles music from the kids room. Weights left all over the floor from the previous nite lifters. Dumbells scattered all over the place. And finally, the psychos that show up as in the skinny ass guy thinking hes a personal trainer telling you that 315 bench press 5x5's are all wrong and one other 40 year old dude with a lame ass japaness tatto on his forhead will stand next to you talking about god knows what....I think Im about to crack....Where can I get one of Ants "Go Away" t shirts?..lol

WeeMan
03-04-09, 1:41 pm
this is a big one for me. i hate it when ppl do half squats or not even a half squat then they scream at the top of their lungs tryin to get it up and when they do they walk around like they own the place. you wonder why your knees are so fucked up.

i hate when people scream full stop. or when they try to encourage you by shouting at you, that fucking pisses me off!

Firedrake
03-04-09, 3:44 pm
I think I have all of the posted below.
One gym in particular, Ballys in Fullerton, ca. Early morning with us few hard core starting our day in the gym with no music so we can hear the Wiggles music from the kids room. Weights left all over the floor from the previous nite lifters. Dumbells scattered all over the place. And finally, the psychos that show up as in the skinny ass guy thinking hes a personal trainer telling you that 315 bench press 5x5's are all wrong and one other 40 year old dude with a lame ass japaness tatto on his forhead will stand next to you talking about god knows what....I think Im about to crack....Where can I get one of Ants "Go Away" t shirts?..lol

LOL -- I have the same problem with weights scattered all over at the Bally's in Rowland Heights/Puente Hills. Sometimes I find the damn dumbbells over by the damn machines, and god only knows where the collars went off the oly bars. I bought a "shut up and train . . ." shirt that seems to be working well.

D-Bomb
03-04-09, 5:04 pm
sometimes...

shut the fuck up and train.

forget everyone, but yourself, this is the most crucial sentence constructed in history for sanity at modern day fitness "gyms", it took me a while to come to terms with, but it is clear cut and it will help you get back to enjoying why your there. if you cant hit the exact exercise, do different ones,...change it up fella's

Blake2134
03-04-09, 5:41 pm
Lmao sorry bros but I train in my basement. No rules...no bitchin, you can grunt, fart, and very easily leave ur ego behind as nobodys watchin u. It helps me not be afraid to go all out and really pay my fuckin dues! Freedom...with all that u need! Im pretty sure I'd bust caps at a community gym. No REAL gyms in my area where bodybuilders are welcomed instead of pushed away!

Big3
03-04-09, 9:54 pm
Lmao sorry bros but I train in my basement. No rules...no bitchin, you can grunt, fart, and very easily leave ur ego behind as nobodys watchin u. It helps me not be afraid to go all out and really pay my fuckin dues! Freedom...with all that u need! Im pretty sure I'd bust caps at a community gym. No REAL gyms in my area where bodybuilders are welcomed instead of pushed away!

I've never been able to get a great workout at home. My brother loves training in the garage, but since we sold out equipment, he had to relocate. Personally, even though the average gym goer are dicks and assholes, I love working out in those gyms. For some reason, when I got guidos and retards acting hardcore, it motivates me to push even harder. I don't talk bullshit or smack in the gym, but I shut people up with my lifting. No grunting, screaming, swearing, or pacing the gym like I'm the shit. When I'm there, people don't bother me and that's the best feeling in the world. Just the other day, I saved a 155lb kid from killing himself.... with a 315lb bench... kid looked like he could eek out 2 reps at 315lbs at leg press..... but he thanked me and told me a funny story about how he "benched 315 over the summer".... I smiled, went back to my bench, and pressed with all my might... sooner or later, people start to respect you and your space... for me, at least.

bamfrblb4
03-05-09, 8:29 am
No heat! Ive lifted when its 0 degrees in there. and your hands literally stick to the bar.

NJC_Manhattan
03-05-09, 9:05 am
People who use the only bench press bench for one arm dumbbell rows and the only incline press bench for incline dumbbell curls when there are other mobile benches that aren't even being used....

That and guys who wear cologne to the gym. I don't say anything, but that's fuckin unacceptable.

On Letting Go
03-05-09, 9:06 am
No squat rack. Dumbbells only go to 80lbs.

Fuck.

rmeguy
03-05-09, 9:22 am
Im over here in the wonderful sandbox right now. The main base that i am out of has a nice gym, theres no complaining in there no fussing or griming, rather there is a gym full of Animals there to help pick you up when you are down and to motivate you thru the next set. Now the gym that i am temporarily going to now only has one good thing to it. ANIMAL posters are EVERYWHERE, needless to say when i hit the gym i crank the music and stare at the immense posters for my motivation and drive. Take care brothers and keep on keepin on.

Ben

xMATT182x
03-08-09, 3:21 am
The dudes who lift way too heavy for their egos sake then immediately lean on the wall like cool jo and give the classic head nod/nose in the air to any decent girl that walks by. On top of that they gather and as they do, the get dumber by the person. It's a Synergystic Retardation Effect or S.R.E for short. Thats what I call it haha.

eric downey
03-08-09, 4:07 am
We Run Our Gym. So I Guess We Are The Problem. Oh Well

Mattman33
03-08-09, 8:45 am
On top of that they gather and as they do, the get dumber by the person. It's a Synergystic Retardation Effect or S.R.E for short. Thats what I call it haha.

might be the best thing i have read. awesome. in my gym i cant stand the guys who "think" the are personal trainers as it really gives those that are a bad rep....

xMATT182x
03-09-09, 1:10 am
might be the best thing i have read. awesome. in my gym i cant stand the guys who "think" the are personal trainers as it really gives those that are a bad rep....

I agree, some guys just have too much dam ego for their own good.

cogz
03-09-09, 1:48 am
a guy the other day was doing flyes with 30 pound dumbbells and throwing them ten feet from him after his set, that was ridiculous if you cant control the weight dont lift it i can understand dropping dumbbells when going for a PR and using heavy weight but 30's come on

Psycho77
03-09-09, 2:41 am
How about the f****rs that take your shit between sets and not even ask if your done.

Alk
03-09-09, 9:32 am
How about the f****rs that take your shit between sets and not even ask if your done.

Lol yeahhh dude I HATE when that sh!t happens! Especially if it's like, a leg day and the guy's stripping plates off of the incline leg press like crazy. When you've got your pump going already and you wanna lift till your muscles explode, and some motherf!cker is messing with it? That NEVER fails to piss me off.

ironbound
03-09-09, 9:55 pm
People complaining to trainers and management about me deadlifting because it's, as a 160 lb trainer said to me, "intimidating and makes too much noise".

Psycho77
03-09-09, 10:27 pm
People complaining to trainers and management about me deadlifting because it's, as a 160 lb trainer said to me, "intimidating and makes too much noise".

wow. ask the 160lbs trainer to show you how to lift 500 of the floor quietly.

BamBam
03-09-09, 10:56 pm
wow. ask the 160lbs trainer to show you how to lift 500 of the floor quietly.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

lespaul59
03-10-09, 3:22 am
Well the only thing I can really complain about the new gym I'm going to is lack of equipment, but all in all compaired to my old gym there really isn't that much difference. As for my old gym, lets see they never kept the dumbbells or the barbells tightened, they didn't really do any upkeep to some of the cardio equipment, they replaced a cable on a high/low pulley machine and didn't replace the cable so if you used the machine you would have to fix the cable every time, they placed the rules in just to right spot to block use of mirrors and the started closing an hour early which is why I finaly left. There where other things like none of the clocks where set the same, the staff would ask the people working out to do there job and pick up the weights that the same people every day would leave laying around and things like this got worse over time insted of better.

Alk
03-10-09, 8:39 am
Well the only thing I can really complain about the new gym I'm going to is lack of equipment, but all in all compaired to my old gym there really isn't that much difference. As for my old gym, lets see they never kept the dumbbells or the barbells tightened, they didn't really do any upkeep to some of the cardio equipment, they replaced a cable on a high/low pulley machine and didn't replace the cable so if you used the machine you would have to fix the cable every time, they placed the rules in just to right spot to block use of mirrors and the started closing an hour early which is why I finaly left. There where other things like none of the clocks where set the same, the staff would ask the people working out to do there job and pick up the weights that the same people every day would leave laying around and things like this got worse over time insted of better.

Damn.

I've never heard of a gym that bad. The thing that got me was that the STAFF would interrupt YOUR workouts to b!tch and complain about other people's messes. Shoulda had a gym rebellion imo haha. If the staff has this much time, they should just do it.

Levent79
03-10-09, 3:03 pm
The guy wearing a death metal band's tshirt and listens to hiphop

Thunder Chicken
03-10-09, 3:07 pm
ok my gym isnt that bad its just you get theses guys that are smaller then you and think they should tell you how to lift! lol, i mean im not that big i just had this guy come up to me last week and tell me i was doing something wrong with my traps, he showed me a new way but i found out it works more your shoulders then traps, but o well i guess you will have that.

SolidTongan
03-10-09, 7:19 pm
ok my gym isnt that bad its just you get theses guys that are smaller then you and think they should tell you how to lift! lol, i mean im not that big i just had this guy come up to me last week and tell me i was doing something wrong with my traps, he showed me a new way but i found out it works more your shoulders then traps, but o well i guess you will have that.

What wuz the exercise? Upright rows?

Meister
03-11-09, 12:19 am
old people....always in the way of weights and always on the machines or sitting on benches when u ask them if u can use it or how many sets they got left they look at you like you punched a small child in the face....
dumb bells only go up to 120
when lifting heavy heavy weight its impossible to find a spotter who knows proper technique.
they always grab the bar even when i tell them not to just let me struggle through it they still do that pisses me off more then anything

mritter3
03-11-09, 9:26 am
no one picks up after themselves
workers just sitting around, maybe they should be cleaning or something
gay pop music...thank god for my ipod

SolidTongan
03-11-09, 9:38 pm
When you say you got one more set and they stand there the whole fuccin' time waitin'! It fuccin' throws my concentration off. BACC THE FUCC UP!!!

K Stro24
03-11-09, 10:23 pm
I have two gyms I lift at. The university's gym pisses me off because no one re-racks their weights and kids sit on machines for 20 to thirty minutes doing pulldowns or rows. theres no t-bar row machine, 2 barbells which isnt good when theres 3 benches, an incline, and a squat rack. but i dont complain bc i get paid to work their, which is when i lift.

The home gym isnt bad except they only play 80's hit music. kind of hard to push some weight and get the intensity up when you have the police on the sound system

Firedrake
03-11-09, 10:30 pm
old people....always in the way of weights and always on the machines or sitting on benches when u ask them if u can use it or how many sets they got left they look at you like you punched a small child in the face....
dumb bells only go up to 120
when lifting heavy heavy weight its impossible to find a spotter who knows proper technique.
they always grab the bar even when i tell them not to just let me struggle through it they still do that pisses me off more then anything

Be careful how you talk about "old people", junior. I'm 54, and out-work most of the friggin' teenagers and twenty-mumbles who come into my gym . . . *grin* We're not ALL roadblocks; I'll happily let someone work in if they're actually doing some work!

AND, I know how to spot, thankyewverymuch!

Yeah, I know I'm not typical for the over-50 set, though there IS another guy -- a little wiry dude, who flat buries me on leg presses -- I've seen him knocking 'em out with six n or seven plates on a side, heels to butt! AND, he's got to be at least 60!

So: Be careful when you generalize -- I COULD talk about the stupid "kids" curling in the power rack or spending more time fiddling with the cellphone or iPod than lifting. *grin*

SolidTongan
03-11-09, 10:32 pm
Be careful how you talk about "old people", junior. I'm 54, and out-work most of the friggin' teenagers and twenty-mumbles who come into my gym . . . *grin* We're not ALL roadblocks; I'll happily let someone work in if they're actually doing some work!

Yeah, I know I'm not typical for the over-50 set, though there IS another guy -- a little wiry dude, who flat buries me on leg presses -- I've seen him knocking 'em out with six n or seven plates on a side, heels to butt! AND, he's got to be at least 60!

So: Be careful when you generalize -- I COULD talk about the stupid "kids" curling in the power rack or spending more time fiddling with the cellphone or iPod than lifting. *grin*

True. There's this one guy at my gym, and he competes in 50 and over competition, that I always go to for help and an occassional spot.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-12-09, 1:21 am
I find that the older you get, the more you think you know but the more outdated it becomes ;)

I think the most annoying thing at my gym is probably me :)

Kon_Rock
03-12-09, 11:30 am
Alright I jsut wanna tell somebody this. Yesterday I was doing legs on the smith machine because power lifter was in the squat rack (joking when I say power lifter). This kid was about 5.5 and 160lb on a good day. Starts warming up with 225, Im thinking thats alittle heavy to warm up to. Then I see him go up to 315...I'm thinkin what is this. Then he goes to 405. Now I'm watching him. Well the form was WAYYYYYYYY off. Forget going parallel to the floor he bearly breaking perpendicular, it was completely retarted I was so close to going over there and letting know how ridiculus he looks. Then he goes to 545 and goes over to this other guy and ask for a spot. You should have seen that guys face, when he bearly moved down with the bar. But the sick thing was he thought he was moving heavy weight. Sorry Just wanted to get on here and let it out. Wish I had a video to show you.

Big Wides
03-12-09, 11:36 am
Rubber coated everything, purple benches, and ignorant fucking rude ass people

k1usa
03-12-09, 11:48 am
Originally Posted by Meister

ok...I understand this situation...but to use the broad brush on "old people"...note Im 55 and a solid member of this forum...I love this forum and its members and not excluding you bro...but I can agree in some instances that some...young ...old...and all races can be hard at times in the gym..lots depends on the time of day....and year when all flock to the gym to change their lives...then it dissapates to the regulars...but bro....I can say to be honest that the most trouble I have in the gym with people is....anyone who just jumps onto my rack...or machine without asking and looks at you straight in the face as to say...."so what"..I dont let that get far...I always ask.."you want to work in?"....the look from me will usualy say it all...in such a fassion that they will make like they see a friend or need water or they shit themselves...and just move on. I know its almost funny at times bro...but we do have to be a nice as we can and do our best to give others a shot. Somtimes the older clan come to me for help...or for a spot and like to see what Im doing...even the younger guys will ask me for help for which Im very happy to do. I know its hard at times to temper the pump for some help to others...but bro...I think being ANIMAL is also being a good person in the gym as much as possible....when you ware the logo which I do....it is a good thing to project a good spirit in the gym...as well as in public. I dont ware the logo..the animal logo to project a punk ass kind of thing...as a matter of fact...some get a kick out of how I come into the gym in either a suit and tie...or dress casual..and hit the gym in Animal sweats...all tattered to shit...due rag and torn up sneakers and with the game face....its go time...then when its all over..back into the nice clothes and off for dinner....Its all a ballance bro....so from my viewpoint...I understand..but you might give us older fucks a bit of slack...oh yea...and last night this old animal was shrugging 495 at the squat rack....and this at 55....

all the best....and never give up

Alk
03-12-09, 10:11 pm
I understand..but you might give us older fucks a bit of slack...oh yea...and last night this old animal was shrugging 495 at the squat rack....and this at 55....

Haha niiiice. I wish there were older, buff gents like you at my gym that could dispel this stereotype, because unfortunately only one or two older dudes that go to mine could fit your category:

Hard working, nice guys who move a lot of weight

BamBam
03-13-09, 1:30 am
Rubber coated everything, purple benches, and ignorant fucking rude ass people

Ladies and Gentlemen, Big Wides venting lol. I agree bro. I hate rubber dumbells? WTF? What is wrong with just some old school iron? It pisses me off.

Uhm, another thing wrong...all of the pretty boys or whoever, wearing all the brand name shit and 3 gallons of calogne trying to act like abercrombie models or some shit. It's not a fucking runway, it is a GYM!!!!

IN IRON,
BB-

Alk
03-13-09, 9:21 am
WTF? What is wrong with just some old school iron? It pisses me off.

another thing wrong...all of the pretty boys or whoever...trying to act like abercrombie models or some shit. It's not a fucking runway...

These two things are probably tied together.

Heh. I can just imagine a group of shirtless, scarf and tight-jeans-wearing-people like that walking into a gym, spending 30 min. doing 3 sets of 10 bicep curls with bright orange 5lb dumbbells and calling it a day. Then they walk out of the gym, with their chests puffed out, snearing at the other lifters.

There are some people who believe in fashion just as much, or more then, function in the gym. Some gym owners (and most of the general public) want a pretty, manicured "fitness center" with rubber dumbbells that go up to 75 or something, instead of the iron dirthouses many of us are privileged to work in 2+ hours a day. A lot of people want to say "I've been working out my biceps all this month, can't you tell?" or "Yeah I've been toning up at the gym for the beach, I look faaaaaaaantastic" to their friends and family, so sh!t gyms are built for people who aren't looking for sh!t from their workouts. Hence, rubber dumbbells, gyms with sparse amounts of plates, etc.

Sidle
03-13-09, 9:53 am
I agree with ya.
The people at my gym pick up after themselves,
but they stack the weight on the racks in crazy ways.
The 45's where the 5's should be, and etc.
ALWAYS pisses me off.
Can't do a thing about it.

BamBam
03-13-09, 12:51 pm
These two things are probably tied together.

Heh. I can just imagine a group of shirtless, scarf and tight-jeans-wearing-people like that walking into a gym, spending 30 min. doing 3 sets of 10 bicep curls with bright orange 5lb dumbbells and calling it a day. Then they walk out of the gym, with their chests puffed out, snearing at the other lifters.

There are some people who believe in fashion just as much, or more then, function in the gym. Some gym owners (and most of the general public) want a pretty, manicured "fitness center" with rubber dumbbells that go up to 75 or something, instead of the iron dirthouses many of us are privileged to work in 2+ hours a day. A lot of people want to say "I've been working out my biceps all this month, can't you tell?" or "Yeah I've been toning up at the gym for the beach, I look faaaaaaaantastic" to their friends and family, so sh!t gyms are built for people who aren't looking for sh!t from their workouts. Hence, rubber dumbbells, gyms with sparse amounts of plates, etc.

Awesome post dude and I like your logic about how they can tie into one another. Also, your quotes down there made me LOL. Haha!

SolidTongan
03-13-09, 3:11 pm
I'm a social guy... outside of the gym. I only have so much time, and I make my time in the gym as efficient as possible. I hate it when ppl come and talk to me DURING a fuccin' set! Talkin' while in there period annoys me, but durin' a set? Wut tha Fucc! Durin' squats...benches...fuccin' deads! Pisses the shit outta me!

Kon_Rock
03-13-09, 4:00 pm
Uhm, another thing wrong...all of the pretty boys or whoever, wearing all the brand name shit and 3 gallons of calogne trying to act like abercrombie models or some shit. It's not a fucking runway, it is a GYM!!!!

IN IRON,
BB-

I know EXACTLY what you mean here I work out at the University gym and that place is FULL of these "MODELS".
Ya can't look at them it just makes you mad, I just look through them as if they aren't there.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-13-09, 10:46 pm
my gym just moved to a new location, and it sucks ass.... the racks are stuck in a small corner thats dimly lit, mostly with red neons.. no real music to speak of either.. UGH

plus the owner/ manager lets her 4 yr old run around the gym likes its a play ground, i almost nailed her head with a bar while benching this afternoon.....

BamBam
03-14-09, 12:47 am
my gym just moved to a new location, and it sucks ass.... the racks are stuck in a small corner thats dimly lit, mostly with red neons.. no real music to speak of either.. UGH

plus the owner/ manager lets her 4 yr old run around the gym likes its a play ground, i almost nailed her head with a bar while benching this afternoon.....

I almost hit some kid with a 45 once cuz people let them run rampant in the gym like it is some kiddie care or something. I will hurt one someday...thats my luck

toobigfred
03-14-09, 11:20 pm
I agree with ya.
The people at my gym pick up after themselves,
but they stack the weight on the racks in crazy ways.
The 45's where the 5's should be, and etc.
ALWAYS pisses me off.
Can't do a thing about it.

The ones at my gym dont hardly ever pick up after themselves, they leave weights on the bars, shit is all over the place, benches all cockeyed, shit all outta place, dumbells all in the wrong spots, pisses me off, when I have time, I try to fix it up, I told one of the trainers I need paid to do this sh*t.

J-PILE
03-15-09, 12:37 am
The ones at my gym dont hardly ever pick up after themselves, they leave weights on the bars, shit is all over the place, benches all cockeyed, shit all outta place, dumbells all in the wrong spots, pisses me off, when I have time, I try to fix it up, I told one of the trainers I need paid to do this sh*t.

I love it that there are 20 employees standing around with their thumb up their asses, while 120 pound girls are left to take 600 pounds off the leg press. Keep up the good work fellas!

xMATT182x
03-15-09, 2:42 am

Between my sets I walk around while still in "post set rage mode" and put the weights where they belong because the lazy peoples can't take two seconds out of the day to play connect the weights.

belladiabla13
03-20-09, 9:32 am
People who don't fucking pick up after themselves.

WE WORK OUT AT A LOCAL Y RIGHT NOW. IT SHOULD BE CALLED DOUCHE BAG CENTRAL. NOBODY RACKS THEIR WEIGHTS!! YOU HAVE DUMB ASSES WITH WEIGHTS ON 5 MACHINES AT ONCE, NONE OF WHICH THEY CAN GET MORE THAN 5 REPS ON!!! I HATE HATE HATE OUR GYM!!!

belladiabla13
03-20-09, 9:34 am
I almost hit some kid with a 45 once cuz people let them run rampant in the gym like it is some kiddie care or something. I will hurt one someday...thats my luck

OMG I FEEL YOU!!! SOME 350 LB SLOPPY MAN WAS SITTING ON A BIKE SWEATING AND STINKING THE PLACE UP, THE WHOLE TIME SCREAMING ACROSS THE GYM FOR HIS SKINNY 7 YEAR OLD KID TO DO MORE CARDIO. WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT? I WANTED TO KICK THE GUY IN HIS FACE!!!! THE GYM SHOULD NOT BE A DAYCARE!!!

ghost
03-20-09, 10:09 am

geez, old people get cranky. hahahahahaha jk..

AlphaBrass01
03-20-09, 3:57 pm
The worst thing with mine is the number of people who "hang out" by the dumbbell rack. They'll do their set of whatever...right at the rack. Then they'll talk to some buddies...right at the rack. Then they'll do another set...right at the rack. When I finally say excuse me and nudge through them to grab some weights or put mine up, they get offended huffy. Leave some space for other people to work. GET AWAY FROM THE RACK!!!

Alk
03-20-09, 4:26 pm
Awesome post dude and I like your logic about how they can tie into one another. Also, your quotes down there made me LOL. Haha!

Lol thank you, I said that after I read one of the articles either here...not knocking on the author, but it's just not something I believe in. Genetics = 0.00001% of a lift in my book, and they shouldn't be some sort of defining factor in how big and/or famous you get from your physique and lifts. People probably disagree and that's alright, it's all an opinion thing... Like religion and politics.

The worst thing with mine is the number of people who "hang out" by the dumbbell rack. They'll do their set of whatever...right at the rack. Then they'll talk to some buddies...right at the rack. Then they'll do another set...right at the rack. When I finally say excuse me and nudge through them to grab some weights or put mine up, they get offended huffy. Leave some space for other people to work. GET AWAY FROM THE RACK!!!

That doesn't happen here too much unless there's a lot of people in those parts of the gym (two dumbbell racks). At least today's Friday though, and usually you don't have to worry about space today at Man's World. I've noticed people do this on the bench sometimes though, THAT pisses me off to no end because I love to start my chest day out with a solid bench.

A lot of people inadvertently stand in front of stuff like the dumbbells because they're in their own little bubble when they're at the gym, which I'm guilty of from time to time...

xMATT182x
03-21-09, 2:29 am
OMG I FEEL YOU!!! SOME 350 LB SLOPPY MAN WAS SITTING ON A BIKE SWEATING AND STINKING THE PLACE UP, THE WHOLE TIME SCREAMING ACROSS THE GYM FOR HIS SKINNY 7 YEAR OLD KID TO DO MORE CARDIO. WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT? I WANTED TO KICK THE GUY IN HIS FACE!!!! THE GYM SHOULD NOT BE A DAYCARE!!!

haha thats awesome, I agree with you guys some kid is gonna get seriously hurt and you know the finger will be at us.

Psycho77
03-21-09, 3:27 am

IN IRON,
BB-

Oh!!! My gym has a couple of these. They come in looking like they just came from an emo concern with their hair spraynetted and blowdryd wearing tight shirts to proudly show the world they have a skeleton bod. Trying to do their very best to look like thier idol, that Korean singer "Rain". And Yeah, they work out wearing huge bumblebee shades too.

I can crank out a couple of more reps past failure when I them.

Sure I can tolerate the looks but what busts my buns big time is when they take their sweet time hogging some machine I need to use.

Meister
03-21-09, 5:25 pm

Sorry old timer, but you dont go to my gym either...this is the worst thing about MY gym lol but i do congratulate on not getting in the way, also i agree to many damn ppl messing with ipods or tryin to pick up chicks. Ya you can call me a kid thats not a big deal...but hey make sure you take your Metamucil and Vigra gotta stay regular and keep the blood pumpin lol jk man!

Alk
03-23-09, 9:33 am
Oh!!! My gym has a couple of these. They come in looking like they just came from an emo concern with their hair spraynetted and blowdryd wearing tight shirts to proudly show the world they have a skeleton bod. Trying to do their very best to look like thier idol, that Korean singer "Rain". And Yeah, they work out wearing huge bumblebee shades too.

That suckssss

I've only met like, one hardcore emo/goth-ish lifter ever. Before he moved to a chain gym, he was a big motherf!cker who ALWAYS walked into the gym with 1. a can of Monster, 2. contacts on that made his eyes white, and 3. some sort of black shirt. Also had a mohawk and a deep-ass voice. He usually came with a firefighter buddy who would spot his 450-ish flat bench maxes and stuff like that.

I'm suprised you're seeing emo/goth/scene people even lifting, because most around here sit around and smoke various substances lol. Not to make a generalization...that's just what happens over in my area hah.

benzbilly
03-23-09, 4:35 pm
Holy shit I see all of this stuff every day. The only thing that REALLY gets me going is someone with a shit physique telling me I'm not doing something correctly...Look here Biceps McGee, I don't need your f***ing advice on how to cheat curl 45's. And I swear I'm going to puke blood if I see another 20 yr old dipshit squat 405 but only go 3" down...ugh. So now that I got that off my chest, does anyone here feel compelled to correct anybody elses HORRIBLE form? I want to but I'd never get anything done myself

Little Z
03-23-09, 6:17 pm
geez, old people get cranky. hahahahahaha jk..

hahaha x2..

just kiddin Firedrake

maddawg
03-23-09, 6:29 pm
i like the guy who puts a bunch of plates on a machine or bench than walks away to take a shit or something comes back unracks is than puts it back and leaves half the weights there, like he accomplished something sweet

Sidle
03-24-09, 2:27 pm
Between my sets I walk around while still in "post set rage mode" and put the weights where they belong because the lazy peoples can't take two seconds out of the day to play connect the weights.

HAHA.
post set rage mode.
i like this.

Sidle
03-24-09, 2:28 pm
Holy shit I see all of this stuff every day. The only thing that REALLY gets me going is someone with a shit physique telling me I'm not doing something correctly...Look here Biceps McGee, I don't need your f***ing advice on how to cheat curl 45's. And I swear I'm going to puke blood if I see another 20 yr old dipshit squat 405 but only go 3" down...ugh. So now that I got that off my chest, does anyone here feel compelled to correct anybody elses HORRIBLE form? I want to but I'd never get anything done myself

I hate people that squat like that.
they literally make me want to punch babies.

BubbyLight
03-24-09, 3:48 pm
i have a guy that comes in and everyone makes fun of...but when he does his pull ups he swings...but that isnt the back part..he uses a whole roll of tape on his hands and leaves every peice of equipment sticky....and yes he is old

ghost
03-24-09, 3:51 pm
i have a guy that comes in and everyone makes fun of...but when he does his pull ups he swings...but that isnt the back part..he uses a whole roll of tape on his hands and leaves every peice of equipment sticky....and yes he is old

why make fun of him? rise above the rest and offer a helping hand.

Little Z
03-24-09, 3:55 pm
why make fun of him? rise above the rest and offer a helping hand.

hit the nail on the head, was just discussing this response with another member..

we are here to discuss issues about the Gym, not the members who are attempting to better themselves..

if you see someone doing something that could easily cause an injury to themself or someone near by, step up and offer advice..

we do it on here, why not in our every day lives? dont stand there and make fun of the person or think less of that person..
i get on here and know that without a doubt there will be a new post on this thread everyday.. give back.. we have all
learned a shit ton by being on the Forvm.. this is our chance to give back a little..

only my thoughts..

Meister
03-24-09, 10:33 pm
hit the nail on the head, was just discussing this response with another member..

we are here to discuss issues about the Gym, not the members who are attempting to better themselves..

if you see someone doing something that could easily cause an injury to themself or someone near by, step up and offer advice..

we do it on here, why not in our every day lives? dont stand there and make fun of the person or think less of that person..
i get on here and know that without a doubt there will be a new post on this thread everyday.. give back.. we have all
learned a shit ton by being on the Forvm.. this is our chance to give back a little..

only my thoughts..

Yo i completely agree with Z here i must say i did bitch about old people but they are there trying to better themselves who the hell am i to complain about that. I just need more patience and actually i started talking to an older guy in the gym and he is full of knowledge so yea i helped him do some bench and spotted him big deal. I normally dont talk to ANYONE at the gym. Maybe its time that we as individuals stop poking fun at others like the REST of the world and we stand up and truly become ANIMALS and help others gain the knowledge we have, sure goals may not be the same just think about it someone had to help us when we started hell i knew my clean form sucked when i first started, it was individuals who helped me gain the knowledge on how to be better Myabe we could pass this on....just a thought guys

StockRock
03-24-09, 11:17 pm
1. Only one squat rack (harldy used)
2. No leg press. Only theisolator that rips the knees
3. DBs only range up to 110
4. Machine weight is too low, I always have to get another pin and hang a 45 plate on
5. Too crowded/no space
6. No seated shoulder press. The bench/sqaut rack combo does not work well.

I'm sure I could think of others haha.

cmtz429
03-25-09, 1:01 am
Worst thing about my gym. I don't own it. Oh, and people who walk around trying to be the smartest guy there. If someone is lifting adn he is in his zone don't give them a piece of your time. look for the guys with bad form or resting too long. no offense to my Bro's if anyone does this. I see a youngster having a tough time trying to lift I suggest practice light and work up, But if a guy is lifting 315 and pumping 6-8 reps I don't go up to him and say your not lifting properly. try this. lol

rocky36
03-25-09, 1:04 am
dumbells are to light :|

xMATT182x
03-25-09, 5:57 am
HAHA.
post set rage mode.
i like this.

haha you know what i'm talkin about.

benzbilly
03-25-09, 4:01 pm
While I agree about helping people I have belonged to gyms that had a policy against members giving advice to each other. The punishment was having your membership revoked. Also some people don't like hearing they are doing something the wrong way. And when I say the wrong way I mean doing a movement so wrong it's dangerous, not just cheating a little. If I thought I could honestly make a difference I would lend some advice

Little Z
03-25-09, 4:06 pm
While I agree about helping people I have belonged to gyms that had a policy against members giving advice to each other. The punishment was having your membership revoked. Also some people don't like hearing they are doing something the wrong way. And when I say the wrong way I mean doing a movement so wrong it's dangerous, not just cheating a little. If I thought I could honestly make a difference I would lend some advice

its not about telling someone they are doing something wrong.. and if you are at a gym where a policy is to not give advice..

go tell one of the trainers, because they obviously have them there if they have a policy like that set in place..

you simple offer advice, you dont go to correct them.. "hey you're doing that wrong".. thats not what we are saying..

approach the person, not during a set of course, and just tell em that you might know a way they could get more out of that exercise..
they could get more of a burn.. its not to make that person feel stupid/small/weak.. or for you (in general) to seem like you know it all..

thats all some of us have suggested..

and thats fine if you dont offer advice, but you arent someone that comes along here busting someones balls that might not
have any idea they are doing something 'wrong'.. just to get a laugh at their expense..

benzbilly
03-25-09, 5:11 pm
its not about telling someone they are doing something wrong.. and if you are at a gym where a policy is to not give advice..

go tell one of the trainers, because they obviously have them there if they have a policy like that set in place..

you simple offer advice, you dont go to correct them.. "hey you're doing that wrong".. thats not what we are saying..

approach the person, not during a set of course, and just tell em that you might know a way they could get more out of that exercise..
they could get more of a burn.. its not to make that person feel stupid/small/weak.. or for you (in general) to seem like you know it all..

thats all some of us have suggested..

and thats fine if you dont offer advice, but you arent someone that comes along here busting someones balls that might not
have any idea they are doing something 'wrong'.. just to get a laugh at their expense..

touche'. You're right. I'm sure I'm like many others here in that I like to spend as little time as possible dong anything other than training. Though if someone has a question about something and chooses to ask me I have absolutely no problem lending a hand.

There was another good point you brought up about discussing the physical gym environs itself and not other people in the gym. I, like many others, took this to mean the entire gym experience and not just the building/weights. My problem with this aspect is not NEARLY enough free weight space, and no gym I've been to here in denver has a smoothie bar inside. Does anyone else's gym have a smoothie/protein shake bar in it? Most of the better gyms around where I was in Florida had a smoothie bar in it. While this is not necessary I appreciated it immensely

Little Z
03-25-09, 5:14 pm
touche'. You're right. I'm sure I'm like many others here in that I like to spend as little time as possible dong anything other than training. Though if someone has a question about something and chooses to ask me I have absolutely no problem lending a hand.

There was another good point you brought up about discussing the physical gym environs itself and not other people in the gym. I, like many others, took this to mean the entire gym experience and not just the building/weights. My problem with this aspect is not NEARLY enough free weight space, and no gym I've been to here in denver has a smoothie bar inside. Does anyone else's gym have a smoothie/protein shake bar in it? Most of the better gyms around where I was in Florida had a smoothie bar in it. While this is not necessary I appreciated it immensely

No smoothie bar here, but I have been to a few gyms that had one. And it can be nice..

My gym just recently purchased new equipment.. well this new equipment includes a power rack with a deadlift platform.. the thing is HUGE..
we dont even have all of it pieced together, if we did, there would be no space.. granted the Martial Arts comes first at my gym..
but some more space could always be used..

benzbilly
03-25-09, 5:22 pm
No smoothie bar here, but I have been to a few gyms that had one. And it can be nice..

My gym just recently purchased new equipment.. well this new equipment includes a power rack with a deadlift platform.. the thing is HUGE..
we dont even have all of it pieced together, if we did, there would be no space.. granted the Martial Arts comes first at my gym..
but some more space could always be used..

Nice addition. One of the 24hr fitnesses I go to has a power rack tucked away in the corner. That gym is sweet, plenty of free weight area. There is such a wide variation of 24hr fitnesses here. Some have plenty of room while others feel like broom closets

toobigfred
03-25-09, 6:31 pm

I speak up if I see someone doing a lift wrong and they are going to have a high chance of getting hurt. That is it. I just laugh at all the swinging barbell curls I see on a nightly basis along with all the bounce presses.

Ironjaw
07-22-09, 11:31 pm
Ok I have been debating this topic for a bit and i searched it up on here and got Nil.... and i think this is something some of you guys needa take a look at ... because not all cats follow this when they at the gym... If this becomes to controversial (sorry if i butchered that word) then by all means Watchmen close this shit but i wanna keep this informative and straight to the point..

Ight for all you young gunz and some vets here's the deal
First off don't be an ass to your fellow rats over in your dungeon, dont get me wrong we aint at no ball or fuckin penny social, but show respect to those around you, and most of all to the weights. no need to toss them janks like they're trash. For all of you who have your own home set up you know how much this shit costs and know how pissed you'd be if you wrecked ya set of 60's because you decided to go ape shit afer you were done with the weight. And again i aint saying hold that jank like a tea cup but just show respect.

Second Know when to open ya mouth and when to mind you damn business. When your bustin ya ass in the gym and someone comes over and tells you how to "correctly" do shit ya get a little irritated dont ya?? same goes for everyone else... unless whaat they are doing is gnna fuck their shit up usually keep to your self.... there is many people who go about things differently in what we do... it's what works for them, do what works for you. Also on that note dont mouth off to someone just because they offer some advice... its a 2 way street which in my experience is one you should avoid taking.... hence why we come here to learn and expand...

The last point i wanna touch on is grunting, yelling, and otherwise obnoxious noises.... Dont get ya panties in a bunch because hell there always a time and a place... but dont sit there every damn rep screaming on the top of your lungs... now on that note as well I think you should follow something i read on 1 of the people who posts here's sig. If your gunna scream it sure as hell better be a pr.... cuz i mean if your about to toss some serious shit and you need to chuck up some hearty growlin by al means... we aint in a fuckin lending Library but yet again we must touch upon Respect....

We are all part of this glorious place, we rep everyone here everytime you enter the gym... idk bout you guys but i dont really want an ass representing me... IMO Respect is what Animal is about ... so just some food for thought ...

I hope no one gets pissed about this post but i've been seeing alot of this go on a of late in different place i frequent... i hope none of you are in that categorey

Vaze_06
07-22-09, 11:56 pm
nice.. well said bro

noend
07-23-09, 12:16 am
need to add in do not try to talk to someone mid-set because you need the machine/bench

Ironjaw
07-23-09, 12:22 am
need to add in do not try to talk to someone mid-set because you need the machine/bench

Ye thats a good one.... i was "thinkin on my feet" at th time so im sure i missed a few

Litty-T
07-31-09, 6:00 pm
How bout trying to carry 250lbs worth of iron to a station and some D-bag carrying nothing but that stupid grin on his face, cuts you off and makes YOU stagger around him with all that weight. FUCKIN stupid...

Oh, and flat billed hats and chin-straps...hate those dudes. It's a gym, not a runway

Mizzarler
08-01-09, 1:10 pm
1. Only one squat rack (harldy used)
2. No leg press. Only theisolator that rips the knees
3. DBs only range up to 110
4. Machine weight is too low, I always have to get another pin and hang a 45 plate on
5. Too crowded/no space
6. No seated shoulder press. The bench/sqaut rack combo does not work well.

I'm sure I could think of others haha.

Sounds like you need to find a new gym! lol

AlphaBrass01
08-01-09, 4:27 pm
How bout trying to carry 250lbs worth of iron to a station and some D-bag carrying nothing but that stupid grin on his face, cuts you off and makes YOU stagger around him with all that weight. FUCKIN stupid...

Oh, and flat billed hats and chin-straps...hate those dudes. It's a gym, not a runway

Yeah, though I'm not to the point where I'm carrying that much weight around yet, that kind of thing happens a lot.

Also, there are these two guys that lift pretty heavy. They both have great physique. They both use good form. They seem to do most things correctly. The only problem - they act like assholes. This morning, I did shoulders and traps. I was doing seated Arnold presses about eight feet from the mirror wall. The dumbbell racks are right on that wall, so I understand if every once in awhile someone leans in front of you during a set really quickly to grab the weight he needs. One of these jerks I mentioned earlier walks in front of me and grabs a couple dumbbells. Okay. He then turns around and stares at me doing my set for about four or five reps. WTF? Then, he turn around, directly between me and the mirror, and starts doing cross-body hammer curls. DAMNIT!!!

First of all, know that I go to a family-type fitness center - the kind of place I know a lot of you wouldn't touch, but I started there when I was really overweight and really weak. For that reason, I don't mind the noobs as long as I can tell they're trying, doing it the smart way, and are open to learning. That's how I got where I am. Most people start out at the gym without knowing the etiquette. A few of these people have done some of the annoying things that folks describe. Usually I ask politely if they can try not to stand in front of me during a set, or whatever, depending on what exactly happens, and most of the time they apologize and make sure to do things correctly the next time. Cool. It just really gets to me when I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, and you still act like an ass.

strivin for more
08-01-09, 9:29 pm
people, yes not one person, that wear this;

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Mens-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

100jan
08-01-09, 9:58 pm
People which don't belong there - posers!

t_mh
08-01-09, 10:43 pm

Hahahahaha oh man. Yes.

AlphaBrass01
08-02-09, 7:26 am

How is it that everyone has those people with THAT EXACT SHIRT???

t_mh
08-02-09, 3:27 pm
By the way, read the first customer review on that shirt. It's such a classic that I've seen links to this shirt before:

This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

Vaze_06
08-02-09, 4:07 pm
LMAO!! thats back in the days lol
i'll tell u what happens our days. A girl see a guy wearing one of those shirts...
stops, looks at him from head to toe, shakes head and walks away...
doesnt matter how smoking hot and muscular the guy can be ... that shit kills manhood ahah

Tartaglia
08-02-09, 4:19 pm
You animals pretty much said anything, But the one thing that gets me really fucken nervous. Is the same fucken kid coming in everyday who weighs 120, and is benching everyday no matter what body part hes doing. He will be doing legs and after squatting will go to the bench and start benching. And when i ask why he does it, he says... I wanna be able to bench a one plate per side easy. I laugh at him and tell him, continue doing what your doing, good luck reaching that goal with sarcasim. He obviously dosnt take my advice and countinues. I havent seen him pack on more weight since he started.

SQUAT or DIE!
08-02-09, 4:45 pm
its the only one in my town, and its 50 a month..

t_mh
08-02-09, 5:55 pm
1) Exactly 2 sets of collars, which weigh about 2 lbs each.

2) Dumbbells only go to 100, and I've been scolded for taping plates onto them.

3) Until this summer, only a popular mix radio station was played (XM23, I think). I knew the katy perry, christina aguilera, pink and all the other bullshit that was played at parties this year at college just from going to the gym at home. This summer it's a classic rock station. Sweet.

4) At any one time, 75% of the gym is curling. 90% are curling or doing ab workouts.

t_mh
08-02-09, 6:00 pm
5) No room for barbells.. I hate it.

Infamous
08-03-09, 12:46 pm
I hate how my gym is called 24hour fitness, yet every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the gym closes early. The worst is Saturdays. Every Saturday night, for the past two years, this scrawny little trainer/desk babysitter reminds me that the gym closes at 8.

Alk
08-03-09, 3:14 pm
I hate how my gym is called 24hour fitness, yet every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the gym closes early. The worst is Saturdays. Every Saturday night, for the past two years, this scrawny little trainer/desk babysitter reminds me that the gym closes at 8.

They close early? Lol wowww, I was checking one out last year in PA and I assumed it would be open all the time as well...

t_mh
08-03-09, 4:05 pm
What the fuck? I thought the whole point of those was that they're open 24/7.

lespaul59
08-03-09, 11:43 pm
Well since I switched gyms my only complaint is that when the owner was on vacation and not at the gym every day no body followed the rules and re racked their weights so the whole gym was a mess and you had to go hunt weights between sets. After the owner came back everything has been fine.

IronJunkie
08-04-09, 2:34 pm
1. Old women (and some men) mall-walking who stare through the glass and shake their heads in disgust at determination.
2. Guys with their ladies looking in the window, turning to their girls, and telling them, "I could do that." Try. It. Prove. It.

Histo55
08-11-09, 3:48 pm
people who just come into the gym to talk and do nothing else besides a set of abs and curls...then they talk some more. pisses me off

Young1
08-12-09, 12:20 pm
the people who stare like you're a alien when you're bustin ass, sweat pourin, breathin like an elephant. Sure fire way to get envious and hateful stares in my gym is to do ass to ground squats and heavy deads. People look at you like "wtf is he doing that for?"

S. Clarida
08-12-09, 1:32 pm
My experiences of a "bad gym"

1. Not enough clips
2. Guys grunting while pressing 30lbs dumbbells
3. Guys that take a bench or machine, do 1 set and walk all around the gym for 10 minutes BSing around until their next set.
4. People that sit around, taking up space while watching TV, talking on their cell phone or talking to the guy next to them!
5. Personal Trainers trying to give you advise..are you serious?!
6. My one gym has no calf machine...been complaining for a while now.

That's all I can think of right now but these are the majors that stick out in my mind...

GK

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 1:33 pm
No GH raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GJN5002
08-12-09, 1:34 pm
No GH raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think 95% of gyms dont have a GH raise, I always have to improvise.

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 1:35 pm

Stability ball leg curls
Iso Hip ups
Negative hamstrings
stuff like that but nothing will get it as well as a GH raise :(

S. Clarida
08-12-09, 1:40 pm

Im lucky..the one gym I go to, which is one of the last true hardcore/old school gyms in jersey, has a glute/ham raise...

Its not like the newer version but like the one where you put your knees flat on the pad and hook your heels behind you...killer!

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 1:42 pm
Im lucky..the one gym I go to, which is one of the last true hardcore/old school gyms in jersey, has a glute/ham raise...

Its not like the newer version but like the one where you put your knees flat on the pad and hook your heels behind you...killer!

jealous.... I want one :(

D-Bomb
08-12-09, 2:16 pm

same thing for me bro (even the babysitter receptionist haha)...luckily i found a gym slightly out my way but is for real 24/7..even on public holidays its as open as any other day...sweeeet!

means i also miss the damn crowds being able to go later...

ghost
08-12-09, 2:25 pm

i have a 24 hr gym.... i call it my basement.

Big3
08-12-09, 3:47 pm
people who scratch their balls or vjjs and go right about smothering their nasty ball sweat or vaj sweat on the dumbbells and machines......

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 3:49 pm
people who scratch their balls or vjjs and go right about smothering their nasty ball sweat or vaj sweat on the dumbbells and machines......

Im one of those dudes ha ha ha.

Sprint
08-13-09, 5:33 am
the berks who have no idea what they're doing and still take up my room/equipment/air.

PEOPLE WHO WALK AROUND BETWEEN SETS WITH THEIR HANDS IN THEIR POCKETS

- we got a cuple like this. if ur workin hard, u aint in no fit state to wander round with ur hands in ur pockets, and if ur not workin hard, go home.

and of course the turds who just leave the weights all over the place. jesus u got 2 dumbells together in ur paws, howsabout puttin them back on the rack together.
WHAT THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE'S HOUSES LOOK LIKE?? one shoe in one room, another down the hall. fuck knows. probably spotless, the gym aint their house, so they dont give a shit.

Glory
08-13-09, 4:51 pm
People that snipe your machine when you go to get a drink of water...

kauaiboy25
08-13-09, 11:41 pm
1. when no 1 cleans up
2. those who try size you up and push n pull the same weight but cant...actually its quite funny