PDA

View Full Version : Worst fucking thing about my gym is...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Big3
08-14-09, 12:11 am
2. those who try size you up and push n pull the same weight but cant...actually its quite funny

holy shit, this happens to me all the time. When I'm lifting, the frat boys (I don't know what they are doing in a football weightroom) will stand several feet from the mirror and flex. I turn around and give them a stare and they go away.

D-Kev
08-14-09, 2:55 am
I wanted to use the squat rack for squats, *Shocker* for this guy apparently, who was doing barbell curls...He walks away and doesn't unrack the ten from each side. I ask if hes finished and he says hes going to do hammer curls 'cause hes supersetting these...I shot him a fucking look and he said, okay you can use the rack...

I had already waited 15 min at least, for his 'curls'....Later as I am talking to some other guys and a trainer,..its apparent that no one seems to know the unwritten law, -no curling in the squat rack!-

jon_carter13
08-14-09, 3:33 pm
The obvious: People who don't clean after themselves.

The not so obvious: They won't let you take cameras in. Go ahead and laugh, but it pisses me off that I can't take action shots. It's a force protection thing so I kinda understand, but it still pisses me off.

Other than that, the gym here on the FOB is pretty solid.

PIJW
08-14-09, 5:12 pm
I work at the Y early morning before work, and i know the Y does have the highest weight but i am not to that point yet with dumbbells and i can get enough plates for deads and squats and i have yet to have someone tell me to not do that. The only thing i have an issue with is that the staff does not clean up from that night so at 5 in the morning i get to play scavenger hunt for plates just to start.

Oh yeah and the little old ladies doing a circut thru every peice of equipment annd when you take the rope off and put of the handle for flies she comes out of no where to stair right at you while you are trying to do flies. guess next time ill hand it to her at the end of my set with the weight in the air.

BryanSmash!
08-15-09, 1:47 am
Not enough plates!

Thunder Chicken
09-30-09, 2:42 pm
they dont allow music now, because some people played bad music......lame!

jessec
09-30-09, 7:21 pm
I guess I got lucky. I really don't have any complaints about my gym. I train at fitness one and it seems to be the most bodybuilder-friendly gym in this area

Nick101
10-01-09, 8:09 pm
AHAHAHA cologne to the gym! i know where your coming from there, thats really want i want a mouthful of after a balls out set!

The guys who lift in a group of 15 people.

people stealing plates off the smith when i go get a drink cause their too lazy to walk another 4 steps. that shit does not fly.

and the wrinkly old men that feel the need to walk around ass naked back and forth infront of me in the locker room

JasonG
10-01-09, 8:22 pm
Oh I got so much fucking angst at my deployed location gym. Various plates just put where ever so I have to dig for what I want. People rolling up there sleeves and paying more attention to their stick arms in the mirror than their form, oh well that doesn't hurt me any. Can only drink bottled water, no intra aid. Have to leave pt clothes tucked in and some f@g has to remind me of this in the middle of deadlifts when it get untucked. Hope a higher up reads this, GET A LIFE TARD! Oh and people I work with wanting to talk in the gym. Ok a vein is showing on my forehead so I better stop here. haha

BryanSmash!
10-02-09, 12:27 am
Oh I got so much fucking angst at my deployed location gym. Various plates just put where ever so I have to dig for what I want. People rolling up there sleeves and paying more attention to their stick arms in the mirror than their form, oh well that doesn't hurt me any. Can only drink bottled water, no intra aid. Have to leave pt clothes tucked in and some f@g has to remind me of this in the middle of deadlifts when it get untucked. Hope a higher up reads this, GET A LIFE TARD! Oh and people I work with wanting to talk in the gym. Ok a vein is showing on my forehead so I better stop here. haha

lol this is rather common at deployment locations.

JasonG
10-02-09, 2:58 am
lol this is rather common at deployment locations.

Yeah what's even funnier is how packed the gym gets after a shipment of that one protein and creatine brand that is 8000% better than other brands comes in.

BryanSmash!
10-02-09, 4:03 am
Yeah what's even funnier is how packed the gym gets after a shipment of that one protein and creatine brand that is 8000% better than other brands comes in.

Yeah they sell that brand at the PX as well, for an exaggerated price of course ,lol.

CavScout1980
10-02-09, 1:40 pm
1. It is outside in Iraq.
2. It was 130 degrees this summer.
3. Can't lift in a dust storm.
4. All the weights are dirty.
5. People who don't wear deodorant.
6. Only 4-45 lb plates in the whole gym.
7. It's about the size of a single wide trailer.
8. 1 well placed mortar round kills everyone at the gym.
9. No squat rack
10. I could go on for awhile so I'll stop there.

Going home in a few days though and I still made some nice gains in the last year so fuck it. I will never take a decent gym for granted again.

BryanSmash!
10-03-09, 1:05 am
I will never take a decent gym for granted again.

^ x2.

xMATT182x
10-03-09, 1:42 am
1. It is outside in Iraq.
2. It was 130 degrees this summer.
3. Can't lift in a dust storm.
4. All the weights are dirty.
5. People who don't wear deodorant.
6. Only 4-45 lb plates in the whole gym.
7. It's about the size of a single wide trailer.
9. No squat rack
10. I could go on for awhile so I'll stop there.

Going home in a few days though and I still made some nice gains in the last year so fuck it. I will never take a decent gym for granted again.

Def not much fun.

xMATT182x
10-03-09, 1:44 am
I guess I got lucky. I really don't have any complaints about my gym. I train at fitness one and it seems to be the most bodybuilder-friendly gym in this area

Lucky man, lucky..

xMATT182x
10-03-09, 1:49 am
Theres a couple dudes that since may have put on a good pry 30 pounds of muscle. You're pry thinking what I am which is "These guys are bullshit". Not only are they both on something illegal, they flaunt themselves around the gym, practice the worst form in the world and flex between every set. Also hit on EVERY good looking girl that walks by. I just bite my tongue, rip out my sets and get the shit done. Just wanted to get that out..phew.

Soldier
10-10-09, 5:35 pm
Too many people standing around and talking and treating the gym like it's a club.

w3llis
10-10-09, 5:37 pm
i hate people like that. especially when they come up to u and try to talk.....

Soldier
10-10-09, 5:41 pm
i hate people like that. especially when they come up to u and try to talk.....

Definately. Only time I usually ever talk to anyone is to ask if they have many more sets on whatever machine/bench they're on. Just like the "I'm not here to talk" ad, I'm not there to fuck around - Get in, do your thing, and leave.

Also, it royally pisses me off when skinny-ass fratboys or middle aged women take the incline benches over to the calesthenics area to do incline dumbbell presses with 10 lb dumbbells at max.

Naturally Huge
10-10-09, 5:48 pm
Swiss balls. I hate it when these damn things are in my way. I wanna kick them across the room. It's funny to see some people do exercises on them--an injury waiting to happen. One time one of the "trainers" at my gym was attempting to do one-arm cable rows while kneeling on a swiss ball! He did about two reps and the ball went shooting out from under him and he fell flat on his face! Funny as hell!!!

charlievanriper
10-10-09, 6:14 pm
Definately. Only time I usually ever talk to anyone is to ask if they have many more sets on whatever machine/bench they're on. Just like the "I'm not here to talk" ad, I'm not there to fuck around - Get in, do your thing, and leave.

Also, it royally pisses me off when skinny-ass fratboys or middle aged women take the incline benches over to the calesthenics area to do incline dumbbell presses with 10 lb dumbbells at max.

When I used to train at a large commercial gym ( years ago) the Benches were to big and too heavy for the weenies and little ladies to carry off, if they wanted to fuck around they had to do it amongst all us smelly sweaty animals staring at them waiting for them to leave!

Soldier
10-10-09, 11:00 pm
When I used to train at a large commercial gym ( years ago) the Benches were to big and too heavy for the weenies and little ladies to carry off, if they wanted to fuck around they had to do it amongst all us smelly sweaty animals staring at them waiting for them to leave!

Do you have guest passes? haha

EDIT: NVM, years ago haha. Are you a home basement guy now or do you belong to a good hardcore gym?

charlievanriper
10-10-09, 11:02 pm
Brother I have not trained in a commercial gym in Years, but ya next time your in Phx Az look me up I'll get you in thier or you can train with me in my Gym.

native ryda
10-10-09, 11:38 pm
my gym has all the commercial shit. people there to just talk and sit around..no body racks their shit and leaves it everywhere..i hate it but i cant find a good gym in my area..
i hate when people talk on the phone in between or after they do a set while there still sitting on the benchs n shit..wtf is that..wish i knew of a better gym around me in the sf penninsula bay area cus 24hr fitness is def not cutting it for this animal

GRat86
10-13-09, 4:43 pm
I'm really wstarting to get pissed at that asshole that always wants to try to "slide" by between my bench and the next while I'm working with heavy dumbbells or doing flyes. i'm also sick of people not reracking their weights, but most of all, there's this kid at my gym that always walks around playing the Air Drum. Pisses me off. on the plus side though, they keep chalk in constant supply!

charlievanriper
10-13-09, 5:17 pm
I'm really wstarting to get pissed at that asshole that always wants to try to "slide" by between my bench and the next while I'm working with heavy dumbbells or doing flyes. i'm also sick of people not reracking their weights, but most of all, there's this kid at my gym that always walks around playing the Air Drum. Pisses me off. on the plus side though, they keep chalk in constant supply!

LOL, bump into his weights when he's at part extension, next time he'll think twice about getting to near you ( especially if your bigger, if he's bigger well then ya gotta grin and bear it)

Jon_Blaze
10-14-09, 3:52 am
my gym has all the commercial shit. people there to just talk and sit around..no body racks their shit and leaves it everywhere..i hate it but i cant find a good gym in my area..
i hate when people talk on the phone in between or after they do a set while there still sitting on the benchs n shit..wtf is that..wish i knew of a better gym around me in the sf penninsula bay area cus 24hr fitness is def not cutting it for this animal

My man you have never been to Korea then have you? In Korea, the cell phone is a religious icon to where you'll be using it...on the treadmill. I'm the only person at my gym who doesn't carry my cell phone to the gym, talking is for after I pump the weight out. 1 thing I do hate about my gym is that nobody cleans up after themselves...not even the staff, its a frakking mess in there.

Little Z
10-14-09, 5:17 am
LOL, bump into his weights when he's at part extension, next time he'll think twice about getting to near you ( especially if your bigger, if he's bigger well then ya gotta grin and bear it)

suggesting they take the chance of injuring somebody by coming into contact with his weights during an extension? real nice..

he stated they try to sneak by him..

simple.. move your location..

GRat86
10-14-09, 12:53 pm

nope im def bigger. its just mad frustrating, but the bigger the lifts get the more people stop and stare. if they're staring odds are their not in my way!

GRat86
10-14-09, 12:55 pm
suggesting they take the chance of injuring somebody by coming into contact with his weights during an extension? real nice..

he stated they try to sneak by him..

simple.. move your location..

cant really move bro... i just gotta watch and make sure they stay outta the way on big lifts. i make it work, but it can def get me irritated Z!

Little Z
10-14-09, 1:06 pm
cant really move bro... i just gotta watch and make sure they stay outta the way on big lifts. i make it work, but it can def get me irritated Z!

i feel you on that.. i get guys trying to move bars or trying to grab ez-curl bars while in the middle of a bench set and they have to pull
some matrix moves, so i just re-rack and sit there till they are done and have what they need..

lately ive had this kid asking me questions in the middle of sets, ill have a talk with him the next time he does it, to just let him know to wait lol..

i got told to move the other day so a guy could stare at himself.. lol

Alk
10-14-09, 4:01 pm
My man you have never been to Korea then have you? In Korea, the cell phone is a religious icon to where you'll be using it...on the treadmill.

Wow...I'm not sure if that's terrible or freaking AMAZING that they can have a conversation while they jog lol. Must be annoying to listen to them I guess, still pretty incredible to me though haha.

Jon_Blaze
10-14-09, 6:55 pm
Wow...I'm not sure if that's terrible or freaking AMAZING that they can have a conversation while they jog lol. Must be annoying to listen to them I guess, still pretty incredible to me though haha.

Yeah, OH! I wish I had taken a photo of this...but how many people have seen a gym locker key sitting on top a pack of cigarettes in a gym?

t_mh
10-14-09, 9:57 pm
Swiss balls. I hate it when these damn things are in my way. I wanna kick them across the room. It's funny to see some people do exercises on them--an injury waiting to happen. One time one of the "trainers" at my gym was attempting to do one-arm cable rows while kneeling on a swiss ball! He did about two reps and the ball went shooting out from under him and he fell flat on his face! Funny as hell!!!

Oh man that's a good one. I fucking hate those. My commercial gym at home has a ton and they tend to just roll around in the way.

D-Bomb
10-15-09, 10:12 am
lol i also cannot stand those bloody swill balls especially since when people are done with them they end up rolling all over the fucking gym...at an older commercial gym i used to go to i kicked one of the balls across the gym and it hit one of the guys working there lol...my fault but it was funny...

It seems to be a universal thing ...
-cell phone conversations between sets
-cell phones on the cardio machines
-people blathering on about bullshit and sitting on machines or in the way of your workout
-no real blood sweat tears being shed
-no accomplishments
-personal trainers being so friendly to their guests that they end up doing the workout for the clients and thus i have never seen one client look any different than when they walked in...

i hate it...

prowrestler
10-15-09, 12:12 pm
i feel you on that.. i get guys trying to move bars or trying to grab ez-curl bars while in the middle of a bench set and they have to pull
some matrix moves, so i just re-rack and sit there till they are done and have what they need..

lately ive had this kid asking me questions in the middle of sets, ill have a talk with him the next time he does it, to just let him know to wait lol..

come up to mtl, no one fucks with us when we train lol
we are the guys "who use those boxes and make choke clouds". we always have our room to train. thanks to cap'n kirk, i may try throwin some guys shit across the gym if hes in my power rack! (not likley but i loved that part in the movie)

GRat86
10-15-09, 3:37 pm

I heard that brother. I've got two guys that are training with me right now and everyone is kinda staying out of our way... i guess three big dudes grunting and lifting big weights kinda deturs folks from striking up a casual conversation... go figure?

Dingo
10-15-09, 4:04 pm

That's how its done, gotta fight the stereotypical meathead mentality one day and one person at a time. Most people aren't so nice as to just talk with people and to sit and wait for others.
The thing that really burns me nowadays are the people who when re racking the plates pay no attention to what size they are so that when I reach for a 45 I have to take off a 10, a 5, 2 25's, and maybe a 2.5 before i can get to the 45lb plate.
Other wise I've just come to live with the fact that in today's society no one takes responsibility for themselves and treats the gym like their mother works there.
Be the example and care for the gym like you want it cared for.......
I hate leg day, gathering up and having to rerack 20 45lb plates is a bitch.

tinyterror
10-15-09, 4:27 pm
big egos stuck in little guys.

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 5:16 pm
The so-called personal trainers who only squat in the smith machine, and even then they never even approach parallel much less break it.

The people who seem to be making up exercises as they go along. I want to say excuse me, but what muscle do you think you are working out? Because it looks to me like you are just trying to get injured.

Appollonian
10-20-09, 1:25 pm
I was getting some dumbbells for my wife to do flys with and these guys were doing incline dumbbell presses. This dude had 35s in his hands and dropped them from head height. Boom! They flew 3-4 feet in front of him, missing my wife by less than a foot. If those weights hit her like that, all three of them would have been in the hospital in less than 2 seconds.

That is the worst thing I can think of: endangering someone else with supreme stupidity. I'm going to contact the management and see if anything can be done. In the mean time, I'm staying away from those tools.

sockpirate
10-21-09, 3:16 am
I can not fucking stand it when people drop dumbells as if they are just pieces of shit for them to destroy.... I have seen big guys small guys , girls even just finish their set and slam the fucking things ont the floor ...... People need to have some damn respect... This really gets my goat in my gym... To me it is very disrespectful and hella dangerous! What do you guys think?

Jon_Blaze
10-21-09, 6:28 am
I can not fucking stand it when people drop dumbells as if they are just pieces of shit for them to destroy.... I have seen big guys small guys , girls even just finish their set and slam the fucking things ont the floor ...... People need to have some damn respect... This really gets my goat in my gym... To me it is very disrespectful and hella dangerous! What do you guys think?

Gotta agree with that, though I know if the weight is going to drop I try to make it as gently as possible. Either that or when I got a spotter have them take the weights from me that way they don't slam and possibly hit something or somebody.

ghost
10-21-09, 8:35 am

the kids at the high school dropped the 75s so much one of them broke in half. ill have to take a picture of it and post it.

wedge
10-21-09, 11:54 am
That's how its done, gotta fight the stereotypical meathead mentality one day and one person at a time. Most people aren't so nice as to just talk with people and to sit and wait for others.
The thing that really burns me nowadays are the people who when re racking the plates pay no attention to what size they are so that when I reach for a 45 I have to take off a 10, a 5, 2 25's, and maybe a 2.5 before i can get to the 45lb plate.
Other wise I've just come to live with the fact that in today's society no one takes responsibility for themselves and treats the gym like their mother works there.
Be the example and care for the gym like you want it cared for.......
I hate leg day, gathering up and having to rerack 20 45lb plates is a bitch.

I'm with you on this one, though I am guilty of it at times myself.

DarkHorse
11-05-09, 12:56 pm
Ok fellas, I know this might have been asked before, but I still gotta ask.

What is with people in the gym, bad forms, half reps, too much weight...the list goes on, whats the worst you have seen? This is the worst I can remember and it was recent.

A couple weeks ago a guy comes into the gym in jeans, sporting the ever popular 80's look, you know, his jeans all faded, ripped with holes and what not, and a t-shirt. Meanwhile we are warming up and setting up for squats, in the rack, this guys proceeds to load the bar with 305 or 395 on a vertical rack with no safety features for squatting, I couldn't see very well whether it was 305 or 395, by the way this guy is 5' 10" probly 150lbs wet. Anyways, he manages to get the bar off the rack and dips about 6 inches if even that and then back up, I look at my partner and we both shake our heads, this goes on for a couple sets, then I notice the resident "house" (this guy is massive) shakin his head in disbelief. In the meantime this guy starts unloading the bar from one side! I see the bar comin up and ran to stop it from throwin the bar across the room, got to it as the bar was about 6 inches off the rack. the guys says "thanks" and finishes offloading the weight. Then proceeds to reload the same weight and go again, now there are more than a few watching this guy. I noticed a decline bench about 3ft behind him as he starts to wobble with 300+ lbs on his shoulders, thinkin if this guys goes back, he's dead, period, so I move the bench and stand there in disbelief, yet somehow he makes it back to the rack and lives without injury, honestly I have no idea how he held the weight up, if he would have dipped another 2 inches he would have folded in half. He then proceeds to the leg press machine and loads 6 plates per side and does 4-6 inches of movement. Finally the resident "house" walks up and says what the F**k are you doing? And from what I could hear, gave him a nice little couseling session.

I didn't know whether to laugh or not, it was funny, but at the same time unbelieveable that someone would do crap like that, I haven't seen the guy since and I hope to never see him again for his sake and others in the gym.

So whats the worst you have seen?

pharmdteague
11-05-09, 1:20 pm
worst is the personal trainer that loads 2 plates on each side inlcline bench for this 50+ year old guy who is maybe 150lbs wet then proceeds to allow him to lift it of the rack and lower it a few inches nowhere near his chest. a few months back i think he also jacked up this guys back with improper form on deads, can't believe anyone would still train with the guy. anyway this trainer is the biggest tool just one of the many things I've seen him do.

xMATT182x
11-05-09, 7:18 pm
I went in for my chest day on monday. I was walking though the weight room getting my ipod and head phones on and all that jazz. About ten feet from my is a guy pry 6'1 and about 190 on one of the bench press loaded with only 85lbs. I just pay no attention at first as he unracks the weight. As soon as he goes for one rep I faintly hear " Guys....guys...a little help!" I look back over and the dude can't get the weight off himself. I run to help and get it off him easy. He then proceeds to get up, grab his bag and walks out. I thought it was funny but I felt bad for the guy. Whatever ego he had was crushed under 85lbs haha.

msktyshha
11-05-09, 9:40 pm
Nobody re-racks weights

No chalk allowed

No drinks allowed

Student workers telling me to quiet down while I do my t-bar rows

I love women, but they sit on the machines and dont lift the majority of the time they are sitting on them, they tend to treat the machines like bar stools, not workout equipment.

and I love the looks I get.

woww dat really sux if i was u i would be pissed off the whole time i was there

msktyshha
11-05-09, 9:51 pm
1) getting looks from wanna be's when I am lifting heavy, like those hater sort of looks uggghhhh
2) a fat ass who only runs on the treadmill for 2 hours tellin me that i am doing my leg presses wrong
3) a ***gott who pretends to be doing curls but actually looks at my ass when I am doing deads and squats

Firefist
11-05-09, 10:03 pm
1) getting looks from wanna be's when I am lifting heavy, like those hater sort of looks uggghhhh
2) a fat ass who only runs on the treadmill for 2 hours tellin me that i am doing my leg presses wrong
3) a ***gott who pretends to be doing curls but actually looks at my ass when I am doing deads and squats

i know this is a thread to express anger and discontent, that being said however, these few points may have been exessive. kindly read the rules before you post sir.

FewL4no1
11-05-09, 10:14 pm

Be more respectful d00d. I understand getting stared at awkwardly isn't the funnest thing to deal with in the weight room, but let's be respectful to the homosexual brothers that post on the FORVM. I do agree with your first 2 points tho.

That being said, for me, I have a few things:

-People talking on their cell phones. If you have a situation that requires it (like my buddy's gf being pregnant) then it's fine. I'm referring to the guys who watch their buddy do a bunch of lifts while he walks around the entire gym like he it's his living room. It's distracting and annoying.

-Guys who yell when the shouldn't. I am a screamer myself, don't get me wrong. PRs on deads don't happen without being vocal, but if you're DB pressing 30s, shut up.

-Football players. Seriously, these group of tools, with not clearing off bars, jacking around in the weight room, etc. I actually was right next to a group of em who started throwing 5 lb weights at each other. I just glared em down. They got the idea. You don't step into the jungle and piss off the king haha :D

-People who don't stop talking to me. Don't get me wrong, I love to socialize when I lift, but when I'm tryin to do a set and the guy won't shut up, it really get's on my nerves and it's hard to focus on what you are doing (That reminds me, I need to replace my busted mp3 player haha)

A story:
I dunno if this has happened to anyone...actually I hope this hasnt, because it made me laugh so hard I almost cried.

I lift at a college weight room, and this is a small liberal arts college, so it's a nice facility, and not very busy most hours of the day. Being a college gym, most of the coaches workout to some extent in there as well. I was in there a while ago, working back. I was doing DB rows and the head baseball coach was working out right besides. I finish up a set, and as I am sittin there gasping for air and chuggin down some water (not at the same time ;D), I make eye contact with the guy, and I give em a nod. He then looks at me and say, "That's not good that you are as big as that. It is not healthy." I looked him foot to forehead, and this guy has a body that Fat Bastard from Austin Powers would loathe. I literally lost it right in front of him and started laughing uncontrollably. He just walked off.

Sorry for the book guys. Apparently I have issues haha

msktyshha
11-05-09, 10:18 pm
sorry abt the 3rd point i should've taken the homosexual members in consideration before posting that

Sho
11-06-09, 9:37 am
My gym is connected to an MMA gym, so u get alot of these MMA guys who also hit the weights but in between sets they do like flying kicks and all these martial art moves trying to impress everyone... like save it for the octagon brother...

oh and if u dont have a ipod ur fucked cuz all they play is easy rock or like top 40... realllllllllly ticks me off.. its hard to get in to mood when they pump the sharell crowe.

xMATT182x
11-06-09, 1:27 pm
My gym is connected to an MMA gym, so u get alot of these MMA guys who also hit the weights but in between sets they do like flying kicks and all these martial art moves trying to impress everyone... like save it for the octagon brother...

oh and if u dont have a ipod ur fucked cuz all they play is easy rock or like top 40... realllllllllly ticks me off.. its hard to get in to mood when they pump the sharell crowe.

haha i've got this dude who comes into my gym really randomly that claims he is a fighter. He screams on every set and walks around the gym throwing punches and side kicks. Shit drives me nuts lol.

Lightnin'
11-06-09, 1:27 pm
FewL4no1 that was awesome. Crackin me up.

I guess the thing I hate most is just people that are pricks. I lift at a YMCA during my lunch break M-F and I mind my own business and keep to myself. I have my routine and I really don't want anyone buggin me or taking up any of my time since I've got about 45 min everyday.

What I mean by people that are pricks is people that have to be friggin rude or get pissed when you've ben on the smith macine or the incline bench or whatever for longer than 2 minutes. When I do legs I want to get in plenty of sets, and if it happens to be on the smith then so be it. Don't get pissed 'cause I'm here for 20 minutes doing legs and you're doing your friggin' circuit training...

xxscaxx
11-06-09, 5:04 pm
people not picking up the weight after they are done using it and i have to play wheres waldo with the fucking weight.

and also, all the dudes in the locker room who use the blowdryer to dry off their nasty balls and ass. i hate walking through there sometimes.

craig028
11-06-09, 7:35 pm
lol my earbuds broke the other day and i gotta get new ones soon cause if i hear miley cyrus party in the usa im gonna loose it...

craig028
11-06-09, 7:36 pm
o yea and lost pins to the cable machines and what not like where the hell do they go like if every machine has a pin why does one machine always not have one this blows my mind

FewL4no1
11-06-09, 9:37 pm
lol my earbuds broke the other day and i gotta get new ones soon cause if i hear miley cyrus party in the usa im gonna loose it...

Hahahaha i hear you there craig. I have yet to scrounge up dollas to get a new player, so I'm stuck with the radioa at my gym. I always go in and have it switched to the local rock station, just so I can maintain my sanity....and God help the person who tries to switch it to country :D

Firefist
11-06-09, 9:40 pm

THATS THE WORST!!! in the rec, right next to the weights in a little nook where the spinning bikes are so all i hear is miley cyrus when i cant get my earphones to work.

xxscaxx
11-06-09, 9:52 pm

lol another reason i have to wear headphones. the other day i was at the gym and i went to put the dumbbells back and i clean cut right through my headphone wire. i was so pissed off and had to listen to the shit music for the rest of my workout.

Ferinus
11-07-09, 12:45 am
I lift at a college gym right now, and I have the same things to say as most people, shitty music, people treating it as a social club, etc.

What makes me almost foam at the mouth however, is something that I find completely disgusting, and I see it regularly.

There's a guy that works at the gym and he has down syndrome, after every shift he works out with his manager - and guys start kissing their teeth, sighing, and essentially have bitch fits just because he's on the decline bench doing situps and two beach-bodies want to work their pecs for the 900th set.

I yelled at a few shitkickers who were ridiculing the guy and mocking him on Wednesday.

mcbeast
11-07-09, 1:03 am
I lift at a college gym right now, and I have the same things to say as most people, shitty music, people treating it as a social club, etc.

What makes me almost foam at the mouth however, is something that I find completely disgusting, and I see it regularly.

There's a guy that works at the gym and he has down syndrome, after every shift he works out with his manager - and guys start kissing their teeth, sighing, and essentially have bitch fits just because he's on the decline bench doing situps and two beach-bodies want to work their pecs for the 900th set.

I yelled at a few shitkickers who were ridiculing the guy and mocking him on Wednesday.

Get em. This kid is doing something great with his life. Who the hell has the right to judge him, mock him and get throw a bitchfit? Nobody. I couldnt ever standby and let this happen.

Berzerker
11-07-09, 1:35 am

im proud of you man, seriously. i know this is not exactly the same situation, but ill be in the gym doing my thing and ill see some guys pokin' fun at the new guys that are trying to get in shape, its like shit man, everyone one starts somewhere. just some peoples egos today and ignorance is so annoying. but what i hate most about my gym, is not only the bubble gum pop shit/ trance techno music playing in the background, but the trainers that work there, they all walk around with their chest out and think they pretty much know everything...

desolation
11-07-09, 7:30 pm
yeh the weight not in place, missing pins, people talking forever while occupying limited equipment, bad music same old shit ay, it never changes. the worst for me is is like some of you said is those egotistical ****s who walk around the gym like they own the place, not to mention majority of them dont know shit about training on anything else than machines or a bench press.

most of the guys i know are either old school or respectful big fellas who are more than happy to help out new ppl and are really humble, nd thats because they dont feel the need to prove anything unlike those class less ***gots in their tight shirts/tanks doing more flexing the actual training, shit im getting worked up just thinking about them.

respect to Ferinus
damn good on you to let those fuks have it, man i wish u could just punch people for being assholes but the fukn law here is ridiculous (shit you can even go to jail for defending urself in a fight if u whip the attackers ass).

Dr.Platypus
11-07-09, 7:49 pm
I don't care about the music, I don't care about the idiots at the gym who don;;t knwo what they are doing, all i care about is getting my reps in and going home.

The worst thing about my gym is it is what it is. And what it is not. It is not a real powerlifting gym. No chains, no chalk, no boards, no 300lb guys who can give you good advice.

It is a place to train and I am grateful to have it even if no one knows how to bench correctly, or squats, and half the guys do their whole workouts in the smith machine.

craig028
11-07-09, 10:01 pm
So I was checking out gyms a while back, and I came across this one place. I thought well its pretty cheap let's see what they have to offer. This gym turns out to have a thing called "noise control" meaning that if someone works out too hard and grunts and alarm or some shat will go off. Needless to say I decided to go to Gold's.

hahah i have place by me like that called planet fittness and when you drop something or grunt to loud the alarm goes off and someone comes running over and yells at you...i ride my bike the extra 15mins to another gym:]

desolation
11-07-09, 10:30 pm
I don't care about the music, I don't care about the idiots at the gym who don;;t knwo what they are doing, all i care about is getting my reps in and going home.

The worst thing about my gym is it is what it is. And what it is not. It is not a real powerlifting gym. No chains, no chalk, no boards, no 300lb guys who can give you good advice.

It is a place to train and I am grateful to have it even if no one knows how to bench correctly, or squats, and half the guys do their whole workouts in the smith machine.

ur absolutely right but i dont think any1 here really cares that much just a good place to have a little bitch and dream about a perfect gym lol.

yeh my gyms got the same problem, i want to start doing proper olympic lifts but the weights they have are no good for it (they dont have a platform either) - im sticking to hang/snatch pulls in a power rack to not damage their weights, ive already been given shit many times about my "lack of respect for equipment". also the dumbbell weight jumps get ridiculous after 40kg (88pounds i think) the next is 45 kg (nearly 100 pounds) then they keep jumping up by 5kg each to about 60kg, those are some pretty high incraments in weight.

Luckily my contract is up soon so im gona look for something more appropriate for me

are you guys serious about this noise control crap, damn i heard something about gyms doing that a few months ago but i never thought it would actually happen, that is some sick shit if its true and just another step towards commercialism of everything - damn this world is starting to get fukd up

MR.TeachFreak
11-07-09, 11:09 pm
I train up at college (App State) and the worse thing is they let the designer of the rec center put pretty much a entire free weight gym on the second floor. They have four powerlifting platforms. You can hear and feel the heavy weights drop throughout the gym and if you drop a heavy enough weight you can actually turn lights off on the first floor because they ran major electrical equipment right under the free weights. So they had to institute a no dropping policy which was fine except when you are doing something like DB benching 135 and you can't exactly cradle that weight and sit up. Though the sheer amount of free weights available make getting told not to drop the weights once in awhile manageable.

Firedrake
11-08-09, 12:30 am
im proud of you man, seriously. i know this is not exactly the same situation, but ill be in the gym doing my thing and ill see some guys pokin' fun at the new guys that are trying to get in shape, its like shit man, everyone one starts somewhere. just some peoples egos today and ignorance is so annoying. but what i hate most about my gym, is not only the bubble gum pop shit/ trance techno music playing in the background, but the trainers that work there, they all walk around with their chest out and think they pretty much know everything...

I was just starting back to working out last July, after being out of the gym for four years between tearing a quad, damaging my back in a fall and having back surgery. I was 54 years old and weighed 283 pounds at 6'1". I was lucky. I had someone come up to me and say "I've been where you are. Keep at it." He was 70-something.

15 months later, I ENJOY being the one going around to folks just getting started and saying "keep at it -- I've been there" and showing them pix from last year to prove it can be done.

The other thing I enjoyed is when the "Fitness Center" insisted I meet with one of their personal trainers, and I pointed out I knew my way around the gym, and they said "Well, we want to make sure you're safe, being older and all . . . "

The young man I met WAS in fact pretty good, but when he started explaining body mechanics of the squat to me, I looked at him and said "Kenny, I may be out of shape now, but I was squatting 350 before you were born. I think I know what I'm doing." and watched his face fall, as I discussed squatting, front squats, hack squats, sumo squats, box squats, etc.

Right now, though, what I hate most is that damn pop version of "If I were a rich girl" on the speakers -- that's when I crank the Dragonforce on my iPod up to maximum . . .

maxrep
11-08-09, 1:54 am
I have grown outta my gym!! no dumbells over 100 lbs!! Its time to move on!! But I wanna take the power rack and the Hamilton plates with me.. There good equipment and has served me well..

OH and the fuckin chrome barbells gotta go.

Firedrake
11-08-09, 11:52 am
I have grown outta my gym!! no dumbells over 100 lbs!! Its time to move on!! But I wanna take the power rack and the Hamilton plates with me.. There good equipment and has served me well..

OH and the fuckin chrome barbells gotta go.

Heh. Yeah, I was griping at mine the other day -- they go only to 110, and I need more for DB BentOver Rows and Shrugs . . . AND They need a real power rack, not one of these half-assed squat racks . . .

N. Motta
11-08-09, 12:06 pm
The other thing I enjoyed is when the "Fitness Center" insisted I meet with one of their personal trainers, and I pointed out I knew my way around the gym, and they said "Well, we want to make sure you're safe, being older and all . . . ".

Bwhahahaha. That's a riot.

It would have been really arrogant, but you should have just told him to warm up and meet you in the squat rack and see who needed the assessment.

omfgapolarbear
11-08-09, 2:37 pm
I guess I'm lucky. I train at a YMCA with a basement weightroom with plenty of plates, benches, racks, bars. All the shit you need. A few cable machines that are actually useful, all that. The biggest complaints are idiots who don't rerack weights and the lack of a bar for Tbar rows, just the machine.

N. Motta
11-08-09, 2:58 pm
...and the lack of a bar for Tbar rows, just the machine.

Grab an olympic bar, stick one end of it in the corner and hook the close grip rowing attachment to it. Presto.

jeff00z28
11-08-09, 6:06 pm
my gyms pretty fuckin badass. only complaint is sometimes they put in all this annoying club music like lil wayne and shit not my thing when trying to lift

PIJW
01-01-10, 11:05 pm
Grab an olympic bar, stick one end of it in the corner and hook the close grip rowing attachment to it. Presto.

Works very well, i get weird looks at times but i dont care, granted most of the looks are from the walkers cause there is sorta a indoor track that is about 1/9th of a mile.

Ardent
01-01-10, 11:27 pm
is it is a social club . . . . i dont like this. and people assume because when they say hi to you and you acknowledge them with a hello your now friends. In doing so they try to engage you in conversation when your trying to workout. I tries the ol Dorian Yates trick, dont make eye contact with anyone or keep headphones in but people still find a way.

MC-Hitman
01-13-10, 9:03 am
My first gym [An old school Powerhouse] was reconstructed, then turned to a Bally themed gym
I initially cringed and went over to another gym [Golds Gym], but it was in really cruddy condition and operating hours weren't in much favor
I went back to the revamped powerhouse afterwards [now an Extreme Gym].

3 things have occurred that got me ranting
Attire - You cannot wear jeans or heavy boots
Noise - You must keep it down
The Yuppies

When I was in college - I often didn't have time to change into an outfit, so I went in with what I was wearin' and went to work
Noise will occur, not matter the EFF you do.
Whether its 10lbs or 500lb of weight - quielty breathing or screaming out your lungs
You still make effin noise

I get the attire thing (only happened 1x, bring some sweats and sneakers in the car)
The noise complaint, however, sent a massive spark across my brain
I have gotten this excessive regurgetated garbage a few times from some of the workers when doing something with heavy weights

I am making a non-verbal statement -
I'm going heavy
MY lungs maybe screamin' and weights are guaranteed clanging as result of this.
F#%@ OFF!!!

The yuppies - yeah, we all have them
They just make me cringe to hell - especially them act all hard and crap
Even worse - Half them are physically BIGGER than me
But I can OUTLIFT them (ANY exercise, ANY-time)

androidhinter
01-13-10, 11:24 pm
Worst thing about my gym is people who look down on others for not lifting as much. For not being as strong as they are. For passing judgment upon them as being weak or not as hard core. People who think being an asshole is being hardcore. People who care about how other people are working out. People who are impatient in a crowded gym. People walking around completely naked in the locker room.

ReLoaDeD57
01-14-10, 2:50 pm
hmmm I Only have complaints when i can't warm up in my gym and people are in the freaking way.. this is mostly the issue on monday because eveyone wants to get there monday workout in..

Kain81
01-14-10, 3:18 pm
worst fucking thing about my gym, hands down, without question....

is the goddamn music.

granted i use my headphones. but if they need charged, or i'm working chest w /a buddy i'm forced to listen to the lamest fucking music i've ever been forced to hear, poppy girlie shit that a 14 year old cheerleader must of picked out... how do they expect anyone to pick up serious weight w/ that blarring in their ears.

and this is at GOLD"S GYM none the less.... i expected better from them. But after four years of constant complaints and suggestions...they stick too it. goddamn corporate morons.

and for me, yes cleaning is one. but people that take a 45lb wheel and put on the rack where it's obvious the 10lbs are already stacked. come on people. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole...

freakofweak
01-14-10, 4:25 pm
The people at my gym have NO respect for the lifters edicate and they will take your equipment strip the weights off and then look at you funny when you come back from the water fountain ready for the next set. Then (this happened to me last night) they will sit on the equipment between sets so that you cant get in. . .

for this reason superset or quad sets are really fun. . .

WeeMan
01-14-10, 4:58 pm
its cold....really cold. we put the space heater on for ten mins before we start so that our hands dont stick to the equipment.

zHazzarD
01-14-10, 5:41 pm
When someone db curls a medium weight (20-30s) and does both arms at the same time going really fast and not doing anything right.

Or when people don't touch their chest when they bench...and also when kids in high school go to the gym only to bench.

Peace

PIJW
01-14-10, 5:51 pm
I have to agree, high school kids that never leave the bench or the DB benches. It also pissed me off when they drop a fucking DB at the top and let it crash on the floor. Saw some teenagers doing Flat bench DB presses with around 70s with assistance from friends and then they were finished they would just let go of them. damn i wish i could just walk over and beat some damn common sense into them with the DB.

Tifferzzz
01-15-10, 2:50 pm
hmmm I Only have complaints when i can't warm up in my gym and people are in the freaking way.. this is mostly the issue on monday because eveyone wants to get there monday workout in..

This.

FewL4no1
01-15-10, 10:37 pm

Agreed. I am back at my home gym and I have less problems with over-crowded gyms, but there are still the tools who like to walk in front of me while I am doing my dynamic shoulder stretches. I am fulling rotating my shoulder with my arm extended and they walk 1 foot in front of me. That level of stupidity and arrogance makes my blood boil....but it does make my workout that much better ;)

Being at the home gym tho and changing my training style to no interruptions and just balls-out training for 45 min has been tough for friends at my gym to comprehend. They still like to mess with me and distract me haha. I hurt some guy's feelings the other day when I told him I'd talk to him after I was done training, but I wasn't gonna sit there and listen to him tell me the latest jokes he has for the next 30 min. Plates were waitin.....

Lastly, the high school kids who talk more about what PH cycle they are on than the actual training they do. Actually, this is just funny hahahaha

mcbeast
01-15-10, 11:44 pm
Usually I need to use the Jon preworkout, and today was the 3rd time in a row Ive encountered every toilet seat with urine all over it. For one, Damn the moron who cant aim, and two why arent the staff checking the bathroom?

Give me chalk, dust, metal music & rust, thats cool but piss on a toilet seat isnt the least bit "hardcore"

almosteasy
01-22-10, 3:42 pm
the kids that try to compete with you/the weight youre pushin but use TERRIBLE form..

and people that put 6 wheels on each side of the leg press and move the weight by just bending their knees a little..

thats what ya get when you workout on a college campus. lotta jagoffs.

The_Legacy
01-22-10, 4:24 pm
the kids that try to compete with you/the weight youre pushin but use TERRIBLE form..

and people that put 6 wheels on each side of the leg press and move the weight by just bending their knees a little..

thats what ya get when you workout on a college campus. lotta jagoffs.

i hate that so much.

PIJW
01-22-10, 4:32 pm
i hate that so much.

I love this even more when they try to get in the leg press when i step out to grab 2 more plates and the sleds gets stuck in the down position with 10 plates on it. Its like seriously you just did that and showed everyone over here how much of a dumbass you are and i have to help you now and interupt my routine.

Bigun
01-23-10, 3:03 pm
I hate going around and around to find a parking place because they got some Zoomba dance class going and Spin class and what ever else god awful crap in there gonig on. If you do get in the now social club, well your now pretty much neck deep in yuppies. Man I cant wait till the end of Feb. when they fiqure out this is alot of work, and go hang out at the chicken wing place 4 doors down.

woody06
01-23-10, 4:39 pm
The worst thing in my gym is people not pickin up after themselves. Show some courtesy and put your shit up.

Xraided831
01-23-10, 4:47 pm
hate seeing this New Year's resolution crowd. They last about 3 weeks and then give up coz they have no dedication. This shit is hillarious because you could really see the gym thin out in front of your eyes..

owen_zytnowski
01-23-10, 6:23 pm
had to add the problem with the one guy that runs about 3 benches at once. doing triple supersets and barbell curls so heavy that he swings like a pendulum and requires a lifting belt to complete a rep. then when you see that he has left to go jump on the treadmill, you think the coast is clear..but no, he comes back to ask "WHY ARE YOU USING MY BENCH! I WAS COMING BACK FOR THAT!" haha i mean come on, its funny and all but dammit man, this aint comedy night. this is all business!

The_Legacy
01-23-10, 9:15 pm
had to add the problem with the one guy that runs about 3 benches at once. doing triple supersets and barbell curls so heavy that he swings like a pendulum and requires a lifting belt to complete a rep. then when you see that he has left to go jump on the treadmill, you think the coast is clear..but no, he comes back to ask "WHY ARE YOU USING MY BENCH! I WAS COMING BACK FOR THAT!" haha i mean come on, its funny and all but dammit man, this aint comedy night. this is all business!

what a loser, talk about hogging the equipment.

owen_zytnowski
01-23-10, 11:29 pm
haha for sure! this guy has an average rest time of .3 seconds and has terrible form but thinks everyone can take a lesson from him. straaaaange..

Ardent
01-24-10, 1:07 am

well stay off my fuckin bench then! lol :p just messin sounds like a winner this guy.

almosteasy
01-24-10, 1:13 pm
somebody busted the EZ curl bar too. thats annoying.

owen_zytnowski
01-24-10, 1:43 pm
so there I was hitting shoulders and traps, and ol' boy appears with his quadruple setted dumbell side raises/dumbell press/good morning/chest flye.. but wait, whos the little guy with him? he brought his KID TODAY... one more bench that wasnt able to be used becuase his spawn was rocking out to hanson or some shit! haha AHHHH it never ends..

Blckdragun
01-24-10, 7:30 pm
Music sucks and everyone leaves weights all over.

Jay
01-31-10, 6:13 am
That I see 90% of the shit heads that I deal with at work there.

That I see everyone whos on my good side there and they talk to me forever even during sets.

That the staff smoke in the bathroom when they are getting ready to close.

THat the lights and tv's go off 5 minutes before scheduled closing time.

THat I have a flyer on my truck every time I come out trying to get me to bring a guest

That the equipment is EVERYWHERE and spread out, not to mention that the weight trees are no where near the weight benches!

That each wall is a different color.

The college kids who dont nearly resemble a bodybuilder or powerlifter but carry there water jugs in and yell and scream with ever rep even on warm ups

The fact that I had 6 dollars stolen from my locker. BONUS: learned to buy a lock and apply it.

Yes.. this is my gym, and I hate it. BUT its 3-4minutes down the road and $20 a month.

Pdubs
01-31-10, 9:37 am
That all we have is isolation machines and a counterbalanced smith machine (that im not allowed to disconnect). The only free weights available are the tiny little pink dumbells designed for aerobics on a swiss ball. That being said its a tiny university gym, is 2 minutes from my flat and free to use for students. Being as broke as i am and the only other gym in the area being £35 a month I make the best of it :D

The worst thing about it though is the guys that come here that have jobs, that could afford a "real" gym and use it as a social centre to pick up Uni girls. If i had cash there is no chance i would be training where i am, it a necessity and i make the best of it.

Once i graduate i'll get in at a better facility but until then just accept the situation as an extra challenge and carry on onward and upwards :D

WeeMan
01-31-10, 1:01 pm
so there I was hitting shoulders and traps, and ol' boy appears with his quadruple setted dumbell side raises/dumbell press/good morning/chest flye.. but wait, whos the little guy with him? he brought his KID TODAY... one more bench that wasnt able to be used becuase his spawn was rocking out to hanson or some shit! haha AHHHH it never ends..

then tell his kid to move!

Sho
02-18-10, 12:44 pm
So i wake up, eat breakfast, throw on the gear and head over to my gym ready to own this shit! I park get out walk to the door and what do i see.. fuckin place is empty, not a soul, no machines, no racks, no nothing. A fuckin ghost town! oh with some bs lease agreement notice or some shit on the door, fuckin great! WTf do i do now guys? this gym was perfect too. literally a stone's throw away, not to mention how empty the place was all the time ( prob why it got shutdown) but never had to wait for any racks or benches, it was fuckin sweet. now my only option is do join a weak ass fitness club, or by my own shit for the garage which wont really work since its only about 7-8ft high. FUCK!Q!

and if anyone lives in Milton On. and hasnt been to Pur in a couple days, ya.. you're fucked too.

FewL4no1
02-19-10, 12:55 pm
So i wake up, eat breakfast, throw on the gear and head over to my gym ready to own this shit! I park get out walk to the door and what do i see.. fuckin place is empty, not a soul, no machines, no racks, no nothing. A fuckin ghost town! oh with some bs lease agreement notice or some shit on the door, fuckin great! WTf do i do now guys? this gym was perfect too. literally a stone's throw away, not to mention how empty the place was all the time ( prob why it got shutdown) but never had to wait for any racks or benches, it was fuckin sweet. now my only option is do join a weak ass fitness club, or by my own shit for the garage which wont really work since its only about 7-8ft high. FUCK!Q!

and if anyone lives in Milton On. and hasnt been to Pur in a couple days, ya.. you're fucked too.

If they had to go out of business, then maybe they are trying to get rid of some equipment. I would try and contact the former owner and see if he can hook you up.

That does royally suck though. I would suggest buying some strongman-type stuff like kettle bells, farmers-walk equip, atlas stones, etc etc. I shouldn't be too expensive and could hold you over. If anything, find a farm and go flip a tractor tire ;)

zHazzarD
02-19-10, 1:04 pm
haha some good responses here..

Dislike when people use curl bars for Military press.

This guy that goes to my gym comes in everyday and has full clothing on, sunglasses, a heavy jacket, jeans, a beanie, timberlands... And just sits around. He pretty much just takes up space. I cant stand this guy because he nods at me when I come in like i respect him. He knows that I know what im doing, same with everybody else in the gym... I guess im getting used to these people.

THE HUNTER
02-19-10, 10:11 pm
People who talk on there phones in the gym, this is the worst they stand right in the way and yap forever when you just want to get in do work and go

TheGreatWhite
02-19-10, 11:34 pm
another thing i would say are the trainers.

they're all fatasses who obviously don't lift... and they have their clients do the STUPIDEST exercise i've ever seen!

words cannot describe how i feel when i see these people...

We don't have a traditional hack squat machine.....it SUCKS

Not all of us personal trainers are bad my friend! I'm one at the Fitness 19 here in Evansville, IN, and I'm in the Southern Indiana ABC,....I keep my clients in the free weight area as much as possible, we definately don't fuck around!

FewL4no1
02-21-10, 11:18 am
We don't have a traditional hack squat machine.....it SUCKS

Not all of us personal trainers are bad my friend! I'm one at the Fitness 19 here in Evansville, IN, and I'm in the Southern Indiana ABC,....I keep my clients in the free weight area as much as possible, we definately don't fuck around!

I agree SC, some guys know exactly wtf they are doing, but others, well....

I was in the gym yesterday and there was a PT doin his workout and swingin like a madman on BB curls, and I was just speechless.

IMO, you should use a personal trainer that looks similar to how you yourself want to look and some of these guys are in just terrible shape. Experience > a fancy certification. I took a PT course in college and I must say, some of these people need to do heavy squats BEFORE they start teaching others about them.

/end rant

Just happened the other day that some yahoo came up to me while I was training arms and said I would get better results if I used more weight. I don't think I need to explain my dislike of this any further.....

I_am_Matt
02-21-10, 11:40 am
Its on a Naval base, and most of the guys there who like to get in everyone's way and bullshit outrank me so you can't just say whatever to these guys.

There are only two flat benches, and 3 times a week this one guy comes in, puts 225 on a bench, and lets it sit there for 30 mins between his 3 sets of 3 reps.

People not racking weights, and if they do, its never in the right order. 25s so not go with 10s, and 5s never go on the bottom of a tree.

SCORSESE
02-21-10, 9:46 pm
there hasnt been a 70lb ez curl bar for like 2 years. other than that i cant complain really. there's some shitty people in the gym but i doesnt make a difference as long as i do my thing.

Alk
02-21-10, 11:13 pm
I agree SC, some guys know exactly wtf they are doing, but others, well....

I was in the gym yesterday and there was a PT doin his workout and swingin like a madman on BB curls, and I was just speechless.

IMO, you should use a personal trainer that looks similar to how you yourself want to look and some of these guys are in just terrible shape. Experience > a fancy certification. I took a PT course in college and I must say, some of these people need to do heavy squats BEFORE they start teaching others about them.

As someone trying to get into PT, I agree. Just shadowing a few at a local Retro Fitness made it easy to distinguish the one or two good ones from the mediocre ones. Noone there had more then a high school degree and a few minor certs, but the few more motivated, more experienced guys made the most sales and were overall better trainers there.

Yeah man, the two guy trainers that are at my university gym are almost as skinny as the girls they train, plus they get PAID to show the (mostly) girl clientele basically how to use the swiss ball for unnecessary things, or make simple exercises more confusing. For a school that's supposed to be teaching this shit, these students are certainly not shining examples of it...making me a bit apprehensive about my school atm.

TheRussian
02-22-10, 5:28 am
I'm sure many of these have already been said, but apparently there's an epidemic.

-people who put dumbells on the wrong, clearly marked spot
-same goes for plates on the tree. I shouldn't have to move a 10, a 25, a 2.5, and a bar clip to get to a 45 pound plate.
-not wiping down equipment. I know it's a pain sometimes, but i really dont want to have to wade in your ass sweat because you're too lazy to bring a towel.
-I'm not one to bitch about curling in the squat rack if nobody is trying to squat, but give it up if they are. Chances are if it's leg day the person already isn't in a good mood, and you're not helping by delaying the process.
-excuse makers. "I can't squat because I have bad knees." My knees grind more than cement on well... cement. But I'm still squatting. Deadlifts "are bad for your back". They're probably worse for your shins, but I'm still doing them. "I don't want to lift heavy because I don't want to get big." Don't worry, you won't.
-non gym music. thank god for mp3 players. I don't know where it comes from, but some of the most depressing music is played over some gym speakers. I'd feel more comfortable choking a puppy than lifting to john mayer.
-backwards walk/sidesteppers on the treadmill- I pray for a million dollar baby moment where you catch your neck on the back of that thing and get shot back into the wall to finish the job

feels good to vent

FewL4no1
02-22-10, 8:55 am
I'm sure many of these have already been said, but apparently there's an epidemic.
-excuse makers. "I can't squat because I have bad knees." My knees grind more than cement on well... cement. But I'm still squatting. Deadlifts "are bad for your back". They're probably worse for your shins, but I'm still doing them. "I don't want to lift heavy because I don't want to get big." Don't worry, you won't.

I gotta say, this only irritates me because people say it in the first place. Currently, I am doing smith machine squats and staying away from regular BB squats due to patellar tendinitis and want to let it heal up so I can eventually go back to regular squats. But, the fact that a person goes around and whines about it is a different story. That shit is irritating and whiny behavior in a gym is only demotivating and distracting.

closeyourbox
03-16-10, 10:21 am
i was contemplating just posting this in the bullshit section, because thats exactly what it is...bullshit that my gym, my so called "house of iron" does not have a sufficient plunger to get the job done...i went to the gym an hour earlier this morning and the effects of the shock therapy took hold 30 min before they usualy do (i.e. at the gym rather than at my house before walking out the door) haha...as you all know im sure, eating big can sometimes result in BIG trips to the can...when this happens it is good to know all bases are covered, (fully functioning plunger)...so why the hell is there not a decent plunger in a place where men are attempting to get big or lift big (one would think that this goes hand in hand with BIG food intake)...think im gonna buy one for them...and as a side note, im not the type to go away from home unless its an emergency haha...sorry for the graphic nature of this post...just needed to get it off my chest as i had to take time out from my session to fix the damn toilet...

korn_fed
03-16-10, 10:42 pm
1) The Fact that It's a YMCA.
2) The Age Range is from 14-early 20s then 40-80s
3) People telling me to stop dropping weights (sorry, it's called failure reps, you've probably never heard of it because you dont go past 20lbs on the weight rack)
4) No squat rack, only a smith machine
5) No intensity in the atmosphere whatsoever

headstrong
03-17-10, 3:54 am
people that read books on the bikes, people that block the way, people that lift far too much with comical technique, pretty boy bitches that look at there golf ball size biceps in the mirror then give it a kiss.

Go Away
03-17-10, 6:38 am
whats wrong with reading on a stationary bike?
thats the only time i get to read without being anti-social.

and what i hate most about my gym are the loiterers.
posting up and talking loud to attract attention about sexual conquests and how much they got wasted the other night.
they hog machines and when people ask to work in with them its five of them in unison, "we have three more sets left."
then handle that, douchebags!

woody06
05-17-10, 1:35 pm
Summertime.

uruguayo219
05-17-10, 1:51 pm
Stupid people that block the way.
buy thats go in groups of 8 to see wich ones lift more weight in the bench.
i have this guy the other day leaving a cell phone in a cardio machine and going away
to talk to the bitches in the gym. and not letting anyone use that machine while the gym was full.
sometimes u gotta put ur ipod on and just keep doing ur thing.
juz real weight lifters go to the gym for that no bullshit n fool around.

xtremechaz
06-10-10, 9:58 am
It seems every day I go to the gym there are always guy talkin about their new supp their taking to get them "huge". These are guys who eat shit all day, don't know the difference from a bench from a squat rack, and wear $80 shirts to work out in. It pisses me off. Day in and day out guys just try to take the "easy way out" with training. They buy shit that they can't use and end up right back where they started 2 weeks after a cycle. I pay my dues every day, eat shitty chicken, eggs, and oats every day, and do the cardio just to gain that extra pound. Pisses me off to watch guys bitch out of hard work and discipline.

Beowulf
06-10-10, 10:02 am
It seems every day I go to the gym there are always guy talkin about their new supp their taking to get them "huge". These are guys who eat shit all day, don't know the difference from a bench from a squat rack, and wear $80 shirts to work out in. It pisses me off. Day in and day out guys just try to take the "easy way out" with training. They buy shit that they can't use and end up right back where they started 2 weeks after a cycle. I pay my dues every day, eat shitty chicken, eggs, and oats every day, and do the cardio just to gain that extra pound. Pisses me off to watch guys bitch out of hard work and discipline.

Why does it piss you off exactly?

G Diesel
06-10-10, 10:27 am
That is why you'd be much better off just focusing on you and your journey and using your time to make you the best you can be. Bellyaching and bitching about the next man is a waste of your time and energy. Do you.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
06-10-10, 10:29 am
Do you.

Words to live by.

Funky
06-10-10, 10:31 am
That is why you'd be much better off just focusing on you and your journey and using your time to make you the best you can be. Bellyaching and bitching about the next man is a waste of your time and energy. Do you.

Peace, G
Totally agree here. Anything in life focus on what you do and forget the rest they do not matter.

intoodeep25
06-10-10, 10:36 am
bro if you let every individual that pussyfoots through life piss you off, you are going to be one angry mofo. like G said, just do you. all that added focus onto what YOU are trying to accomplish will make you much, much better off

PORTERHOUSE
06-10-10, 10:41 am
do you. I like that. You shouldn't be lifting to compare yourself to everyone else and assume that because they don't do what you do, they are wrong. People's goals are as unique as their fingerprints, move on.

Aggression
06-10-10, 11:18 am
Keep your head down. Keep the mouth shut. Train your ass off. Feed the system. Lead by example. Don't be arrogant, don't be cocky. Train like a freak in the gym. When you rip that XXL shirt off and reveal a rock-diesel physique in that tank top, they'll take notice. And then all the questions will be directed to you. This is where you preach the truth ...

U Mad Brah?
06-10-10, 11:24 am

you reap the rewards brah, can't worry about others goals my good brahs unless its your job, family or your good brahs...

Funky
06-10-10, 11:36 am
Keep your head down. Keep the mouth shut. Train your ass off. Feed the system. Lead by example. Don't be arrogant, don't be cocky. Train like a freak in the gym. When you rip that XXL shirt off and reveal a rock-diesel physique in that tank top, they'll take notice. And then all the questions will be directed to you. This is where you preach the truth ...

Damn all that from a Jersey boy!

xtremechaz
06-10-10, 12:21 pm
Yeah I see what you're sayin. Thanks, I'll pull my Animal beanie down further for now on

LegendKillerJosh
06-10-10, 12:29 pm
Why does it piss you off exactly?

I know what he means, cause sometimes a gym only has 1 good squat rack in it and their is some teenie bopper doing fucking 75lb barbell curls in it when their is an entire section of the gym filled with bars for curling.

LegendKillerJosh
06-10-10, 12:30 pm
I disagree with everyone in this thread...I too can't stand when someone is in my way. I hate when someone is curling in the squat rack, or taking an hour on the bench cause they are talking for 10 minutes between sets, but hey, I understand bitching about it isn't going to change anything.

Beowulf
06-10-10, 12:32 pm
I disagree with everyone in this thread...I too can't stand when someone is in my way. I hate when someone is curling in the squat rack, or taking an hour on the bench cause they are talking for 10 minutes between sets, but hey, I understand bitching about it isn't going to change anything.

There you go, now you can be a gadfly like me, lol.

ontheEDGE
06-10-10, 12:41 pm
Do you.

Peace, G

friggin awesome

Aggression
06-10-10, 12:44 pm
I disagree with everyone in this thread...

There's this guy in my gym. really weird dude. Does a lot of 'warming up', where he just flails his arms around and stretches out his legs. When he 'rests' on benches/etc, he wipes it off EACH time he sits down, and the tosses out the paper towel and grabs a new one. He sticks the new one in his left shirt pocket. Yes, he rocks a plaid short sleeve button shirt and jeans at the gym. He likes to 'rest' sitting on the foot placement area on a hack squat. Yeah, as in his back rests where your feet would normally rest on that machine. Tuesday I went to do hacks and saw him there. I asked him if he was using it. He told me, in his broken English, 'Two minutes'. He literally sat there and stared at the sky for 2minutes and then got up and walked away. WTF.

For 99% of the time, I just keep my head down and do my thing, unwavering. But this guy got to me...

Universal Rep
06-10-10, 12:48 pm
Yeah I see what you're sayin. Thanks, I'll pull my Animal beanie down further for now on

That's the spirit, X... See, here in the FORVM, we try to focus on ourselves and how we might better ourselves. This often means standin' above "the fray" as we say. Ya can't control what others do and if they distract ya, this distracts ya from YOUR goals. Do what ya gotta do, what you can control. On other forums, fellas go crazy complaining, bitchin' and whining about things they can't control. What does that accomplish? Well, OK, it can feel good sometimes, haha.

Universal Rep
06-10-10, 12:48 pm
There's this guy in my gym. really weird dude. Does a lot of 'warming up', where he just flails his arms around and stretches out his legs. When he 'rests' on benches/etc, he wipes it off EACH time he sits down, and the tosses out the paper towel and grabs a new one. He sticks the new one in his left shirt pocket. Yes, he rocks a plaid short sleeve button shirt and jeans at the gym. He likes to 'rest' sitting on the foot placement area on a hack squat. Yeah, as in his back rests where your feet would normally rest on that machine. Tuesday I went to do hacks and saw him there. I asked him if he was using it. He told me, in his broken English, 'Two minutes'. He literally sat there and stared at the sky for 2minutes and then got up and walked away. WTF.

For 99% of the time, I just keep my head down and do my thing, unwavering. But this guy got to me...

Above the fray, mister.

dannynb
06-10-10, 12:54 pm
I get in and get out....simple as that, now I do take notice of my surroundings in the gym but I am there for me and me alone, not to take witness of the BS going on. If someone gets in my way I politely ask them to let me through. Hell a group of guys from the gym bumped into me at the pub awhile back where me and my girl went to watch UFC and they couldn't believe i was laid back and friendly. All this time in the gym they all thought I was this mean and non social SOB. Now when I walk in they might nod at me but they know to leave me be, I'll talk when I'm done. I got my goals and my time limit to get in there and get it done so I can get home to family....not gonna waste it on anything but myself.

Aggression
06-10-10, 12:58 pm
Above the fray, mister.

You are correct. I apologize.

xtremechaz
06-10-10, 1:15 pm
1. getting yelled at for grunting.
2. People doing deadlifts on a bench
3. People leaving water bottles around

Universal Rep
06-10-10, 1:17 pm
1. getting yelled at for grunting.
2. People doing deadlifts on a bench
3. People leaving water bottles around

1. Means you're doing something right...
2. That's just wrong...
3. More water for me...

StayGold
06-10-10, 2:25 pm
bro if you let every individual that pussyfoots through life piss you off, you are going to be one angry mofo. like G said, just do you. all that added focus onto what YOU are trying to accomplish will make you much, much better off

Damn if that's no the TRUTH!

Freitas
06-15-10, 6:41 pm
I got a small list of things that tends to annoy me but I dont trip out about it...
1. it's a rarity to see people rack their weight.
2. recently, two tv's were hung above the db rack.
3. the people who now crowd around said tvs.
4. no t-bar.
5. no chalk.
6. no grunting.
7. no dropping weights for fear of cracking the floor.
8. there's only one bench and it's usually being used for something other then bench.
9. the older folk who come purely to socialize.
10. the majority of my age group. they go too heavy in order to show off and they talk shit.

FITGYM
06-15-10, 7:42 pm
I'm in the gym 5 to 6 days a week mostly 10 to 12 hrs each day because I'm in this bizz. The one thing that bothers me is when someone breaks something and says nothing....

If you break something or see something broken in your gym please let someone know before somebody gets hurt.

Other than this I've seen alot of weird shit in gyms. I say nothing unless someone is about to get hurt.

chuckzilla
06-17-10, 8:36 pm
i do bench press,sqaut and deadlift in a rusty old basement with two guys that clean up after themselves and we get along great. then there is the 2 or 3 days a week that i go to the ymca. they let any idiot in and no one cares what they are doing as long as they stay in the wieght room.

Sprint
06-23-10, 8:13 pm
Some posts here about Personal Trainers, as a Personal Trainer I have to say, i agree!
dont tar us all with the same brush tho, i started lifting years ago in my room & garage & as a result (more to do with having little clue about what i was doing than anything) i trawled the net for tips & advice. needless to say I came across some utter crap but also came across some real gems. One of the gems was this place, Ive learned a lot from here, not least to train chest on track day rather than back, and along with stuff from the old school (1970s, 1980s kinda stuff, arnie, franco, big lou and so on) i adopted that same respectful attitude. plus at my old gym (where i still train every now and again, but do most of my training now at the gym where i actually work) i was lucky enough to bump into an old timer who was a regional champion back in the 70s & through him met a few of the other old school guys who train there.
Anyway, all this was before I even wanted to be a personal trainer, and as such i bring this attitude to my work. I try and keep things simple for my clients & i respect everybody at the gym as long as they at least show some respect for other people & the equipment. unfortunately this isnt always the case (hardly ever, in fact).
some of the trainers i work with (admittedly with bags more experience in the job than me, and bags more experience working out altho you wudnt know from their physiques) show very little 'old school' respect & their physqiues are shit, as are a lot of their forms and they do seem to over-complicate stuff seemingly to justify their fees/services/existence.
What Im trying to say tho, is yeah at least 95% of personal trainers are arrogant pricks with little real-life experience (that is to say, in the gym as opposed to what they did in the classroom) but not all of us are like that. 1 of the guys I work with is like that, shit physique, lifts heavy with shit form and lots of shouting and slamming of weights thinking the attention he gets = more clients, cos people look at him when he does it. Mostly cos he makes sure to stand right in the middle of the gym so nobody can miss him. He just announced that he's about to do a sports science degree (he's already a fully qualified personal trainer & kettlebell instructor). I asked why & he said cos it's more qualifications to show clients. I told him if i was a client & had a choice between somebody with a physique like say Bruce Lee, Jay Cutler etc (as examples, basically somebody who is or was in amazing shape) who had the most basic qualification, or somebody with a shit physique but used certificates like wallpaper, Id choose the physique everytime.
When I started 3 months ago, he'd been there 2 years, I bullshit people not, after 2 days I had more clients than he did. Shows how far a decent & healthy physique (not the best but I get asked regularly if Im on 'stuff' by fellow PTs, general gym staff and other folk) and an even more decent & healthier attitude gets you. He's since lost the very few clients he did have (I didnt steal them, 1 went to another PT there, the rest just made excuses as to why they cant have/dont want any more sessions with him)
Mr sports science trained a total of zero clients last month, and to date has matched that figure this month.
Sorry for the essay, I just felt compelled to defend my profession, some personal trainers are passionate about their careers and clients. Not all, not even most, but some.

fawaz
06-24-10, 12:22 pm
no hack sqaut
only one sqaut rack
small and sometimes busy on top of that
im only part of the small fraction od bodybuilders who train with true intensity.
also no leg press just a machine type one.

Cole673a
07-22-10, 12:04 pm
Got kicked out because of doing deadlifts last night. They said its a family gym and nto a powerlifting gym.

MojoMike36
07-22-10, 12:07 pm
That fVcking gym can suck it.

FewL4no1
07-22-10, 12:07 pm
Got kicked out because of doing deadlifts last night. They said its a family gym and nto a powerlifting gym.

Sorry to hear it man, is there anywhere else in/around town that you can go?

On the bright side, you probably don't want to be going to a gym that looks down on dead lifts...

belladiabla13
07-22-10, 12:10 pm
That seems really harsh but it sounds like it wasnt the right place for you anyways! Good luck!

BamBam
07-22-10, 1:00 pm
Any gym that kicks you out for doing deads needs a rude awakening... but it's their rules so nothing u can do but keep lifting in a real gym..

I will say though, that there are a lot of guys in my gym that look down on me so to speak for the way I lift. Here a few examples of what I have encountered this past year with my power lifting and how much bigger and stronger I've got...

Male 1- Cody: Funny enough, kid used to lift with me. I was training him back when I was doing bodybuilding, but he couldn't hack the workouts and the intensity, so now he works out alone and is one of those guys we all see doing the same shit, day in and day out, and is getting no bigger, stronger, etc. Well, he walks by the squat rack last week while I was doing my rev band deads (power lifting stuff lol)... well, he walks by, puffs up, and struts by and makes some comment to my training partner Josh, to which I simply glare, turn, and pick up my 765 PR. Well, after this, he says to another gentleman in the gym.. and I quote.. "I don't lift like that because I don't wanna kill myself or get hemroids...Josh, you know it wouldn't be so hard if u didn't put so much weight on there right?" I then turned, and asked "You mean a hernia right?.." and ".. No, you don't lift like this because you can't hack it and if I lifted less weight I'd look like you..." Needless to say he hasn't puffed up near me in the past week.

Male 2- Jeff: Nice guy. Little older than I in his mid 30's. Lifts like a bodybuilder, decent form, looks good but not wanting to be the next Schwarzenegger or anything. Well, when I started lifting like a PL, he thought I was weird. Doing shit with chains, boards, and multi colored bands, I couldn't blame him. But he would always give me a spot, a "Hey how r ya" or whatever when we saw each other, and other than that, he basically lifted on his own time, and while I was lifting, hit on my girlfriend (still does but oh well..). Well, this Monday, I was doing rev. band squats (more PL crap lol). He was my spotter as there was nobody else in the gym I thought could peel weight off my back if I couldn't squat up. Well, we go through my sets and after I hit 650 for my last single, he turns to me and asks "Josh, really, how the fuck did you get so strong?". I smiled, laughed, and told him these simple truths.. "I pray everyday, I eat right, I train like a fucking maniac, and I went out and sought help from the best in the world for the past 10 years of my Journey.." Well, after more talks, he has now come to the darkside and wants to begin lifting with me when he can..

Male 3- Ronnie Bledsoe. Yes, he is related to the quarterback, Drew Bledsoe (distant cousin). Have known this man for about 15 yrs. He used to coach me when I was in grade school at a basketball skills camp called "Sports City U" and now "Top of the Key Players". He is 39, looks exactly like a mix of Rob Lowe and Christiano Ronaldo, and is the most supportive guy in the gym toward me and my girlfriend, and is also one of the most religious influences on me besides my pastor. He is always there for a kind word, to motivate me, a spot, load weight, etc. He has lifted with me off and on here and there and is always in my corner to tell people, "Don't fuck with that kid... he is the strongest dude within 5 hours of here..". I owe him a lot...

I know, I shouldn't have told that Cody guy off, but when you smart off to my training parter, myself, and the weights that I lift... I just had to say something. I'll play it cool 364 days outta the year but sometimes, I find one straw breaks my back..But I have earned the right, to defend the way I lift and live my life (I think..) from the time I've put in and like my shirt says... I'm just gonna Stand my Ground..

My point in writing this is to show that there are always going to be those who hate what you do, look down on you with disgust and disrespect for no reason other than stupidity and jealousy. There are also others who r stuck in the middle of the road between that jealousy and the adoration... and it is your job to lead by example and keep lifting like you know how and let the rest happen on its own. Then there are those who make the Journey worth walking when the skies get dark and the road starts to hit back...Live YOUR life, lit YOUR weights, and let the haters fizzle out and the people who are worth a shit r gonna find a way to stick around..

IN IRON,
BB-

MRmichael.hooker
07-22-10, 5:48 pm

They're all fatasses who obviously don't lift... And they have their clients do the stupidest exercise i've ever seen!

Words cannot describe how i feel when i see these people...

f__k yes!

chuckzilla
07-22-10, 6:31 pm
we have a few of them at our ymca also. the weightroom thankfully has doors that close.

Sprint
07-22-10, 6:47 pm
lol i also cannot stand those bloody swill balls especially since when people are done with them they end up rolling all over the fucking gym...at an older commercial gym i used to go to i kicked one of the balls across the gym and it hit one of the guys working there lol...my fault but it was funny...

It seems to be a universal thing ...
-cell phone conversations between sets
-cell phones on the cardio machines
-people blathering on about bullshit and sitting on machines or in the way of your workout
-no real blood sweat tears being shed
-no accomplishments
-personal trainers being so friendly to their guests that they end up doing the workout for the clients and thus i have never seen one client look any different than when they walked in...

i hate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbalest

They're all fatasses who obviously don't lift... And they have their clients do the stupidest exercise i've ever seen!

Words cannot describe how i feel when i see these people...

f__k yes!

Again I feel compelled to defend my profession. Granted 99% of personal trainers are fairly useless. At my old gym, one of the PT's has a client with whom EVERY single rep is assisted, as I remarked, that same client's 'best lifts' would be a fraction if he trained with me. Not because he'd end up being weaker due to my training methods, but because his reps would be a 1 man, not a 2 man job.
I train with an exercise ball for my own workouts to help strengthen my core beyond what my free weights do. Or, should I say, in addition to the free weights.
I use an agility board for 1 client due to her having suffered a brain tumor, she has imparied balance and we are currently addressing that by challenging her proprioceptors.
Other than that, all exercises I get my clients doing involve free weights where it is possible. That is to say 95% of the time.
Also, all of my clients are making progress towards their individual goals. Although once again, this isnt the case with everybody at my gym who has a personal trainer, so I do understand where these comments come from. However, don't tar us all with the same brush. Every profession has it's useless so and so's. Just read through this thread and you'll see "people not putting their weights back" or "guys walking around staring at themselves in the mirror". Now because people are posting about this kind of thing, that suggests that they themselves don't walk around craning their necks to catch a glimpse of themselves, and that they always replace weights. As such, every bodybuilder has to put up with the accusations of being vain. Who here stares at themselves 24/7, as per the stereotype? Most of you don't, I guess. It's unfair to suggest you do, as not every bodybuilder does. You don't, right?
In much the same vain, not every personal trainer is a fat ass. I'm not. I train fucking hard in the gym and on the track. Not every personal trainer has their clients doing stupid exercises. I don't. I keep it specific and as simple as possible. Not every personal trainer's clients show no progress. I'm currently rehabilitating a footballer following surgery on his knee, and he's going to be back on the pitch in a matter of weeks. I'm also helping a lady regain her sense of balance following a serious illness, very soon she'll be at the same level as other, more fortunate people who havnt suffered as she has.
I've mentioned all of this previously in another post, but once again I felt I had to defend my profession (and as such, myself). I take a lot of pride in what I do, I accept very few of my colleagues do the same, but all I ask is don't categorise all personal trainers together.

Big Wides
07-22-10, 10:09 pm
I have been reading through this thread for quite some time now and noticed that alot of complaints peole have about their gym are:

No grunting or yelling
No dropping of the weights
People who crowd around and socialize

For me, and this is just my view here so take it for what it is worth. To me if you are grunting and/or yelling during a session loud enough so that people can hear you then there is something wrong. Granted we all have a grunt that escapes every now and then but if from the start of your set if your grunting them to me it's a sign of "look at me lift weights".

Dropping of the weights is another one of those things that to me falls under the grunting cateogory. It's not necessary to lifting, we all lose control yes but doing it all the time to where it draws attention, is again to me a cry for help.

For people who socialize during lifting, let them and who cares. So you guys never really talk to anyone during training? Hell I do, its all part of being human...do it in between sets and when it comes time to lift, go for it. Nothing wrong with a little chatter every now and then

FITGYM
07-22-10, 11:30 pm
I hate when someone tries to sell you something without even saying hello or knowing your name.

Today I had to go to "city fitness" to pick up some kettlebells and they were to bizzy trying to sell me something instead of just telling me where they were. dam corporate gyms

Sprint
07-23-10, 6:33 pm
I have been reading through this thread for quite some time now and noticed that alot of complaints peole have about their gym are:

No grunting or yelling
No dropping of the weights
People who crowd around and socialize

For me, and this is just my view here so take it for what it is worth. To me if you are grunting and/or yelling during a session loud enough so that people can hear you then there is something wrong. Granted we all have a grunt that escapes every now and then but if from the start of your set if your grunting them to me it's a sign of "look at me lift weights".

Dropping of the weights is another one of those things that to me falls under the grunting cateogory. It's not necessary to lifting, we all lose control yes but doing it all the time to where it draws attention, is again to me a cry for help.

For people who socialize during lifting, let them and who cares. So you guys never really talk to anyone during training? Hell I do, its all part of being human...do it in between sets and when it comes time to lift, go for it. Nothing wrong with a little chatter every now and then

So pleased somebody else agrees here. Bloke at my old gym used to give a shout on the final rep of each set & drop the weights from the highest point he could. Went into work today & a fellow PT came up to tell me he'd just deadlifted 200kg for 6 reps & PROUDLY told me that they must've heard him downstairs at reception when he gave his "warcry" (that is what he calls it) on the 6th rep. I goes "there's no need to shout, especially not so loud they can hear you on another level on the gym, a grunt yes, to actually shout, no need at all". We disagreed.

zubda345
01-10-11, 1:40 pm
Hey ppl, how r u all???

Ok here's the thing. Whenever I go to the gym I find that the environment of the gym is not even at 10% everyone is laughing and trying to prove himself superior to the other I do not know Y but I see that no one is serious... I do not like the environment like this. Any one can tell me what should I do to IGNORE this type of environment n put my 100% mind in the muscle n train balls to the walls??

PS I do not want to change the gym...

Nix0r
01-10-11, 1:42 pm
Focus on yourself, your goals, and what you have to do to get better.

Also, get an MP3 player, and drown everyone out, if it will help.

zubda345
01-10-11, 1:48 pm
I have just planed to but an MP3 player but I can't find any good songs to put in it... I want some songs which make me to think about the life, when that happens I train insane. I have only two tracks like that, they are Tiesto's Tanatrix and Ten seconds before sunrise...

Any other songs or tracks will be good if anyone can tell me.

PORTERHOUSE
01-10-11, 2:04 pm
I wear a hat and keep it pulled low, it helps me ignore everything else going on around me. Coupled with an MP3 player I can keep focused in my own world.

I am currently stuck lifting at a 24 hour fitness because I had to travel for the holidays, and it is just terrible. The guys there dress in all these coordinated under armour outfits, they look like they are getting ready to go on a special ops mission. You can tell they planned out every aspect of their outfit over several mirror sessions prior to going in. Its just a terrible atmosphere, its like a gym that would be in a movie that makes fun of gyms. I definitely stand out in my yellow animal shirt and what not.

Not only that, but I have seen some of the whackiest techniques since I've been there, sometimes its hard to keep a straight face. I can't figure out where people come up with this shit.

Nix0r
01-10-11, 2:08 pm
There's a lot of good music to be found in this topic:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?16803-Music-For-The-Mindset

zubda345
01-10-11, 2:17 pm
I wear a hat and keep it pulled low, it helps me ignore everything else going on around me. Coupled with an MP3 player I can keep focused in my own world.

I am currently stuck lifting at a 24 hour fitness because I had to travel for the holidays, and it is just terrible. The guys there dress in all these coordinated under armour outfits, they look like they are getting ready to go on a special ops mission. You can tell they planned out every aspect of their outfit over several mirror sessions prior to going in. Its just a terrible atmosphere, its like a gym that would be in a movie that makes fun of gyms. I definitely stand out in my yellow animal shirt and what not.

Not only that, but I have seen some of the whackiest techniques since I've been there, sometimes its hard to keep a straight face. I can't figure out where people come up with this shit.

Same is the case there in my gym, n it's fuckin FUCKIN terrible!!

Thankx for the threat Nixor.

Phil800101
01-10-11, 2:39 pm
Hey ppl, how r u all???

Ok here's the thing. Whenever I go to the gym I find that the environment of the gym is not even at 10% everyone is laughing and trying to prove himself superior to the other I do not know Y but I see that no one is serious... I do not like the environment like this. Any one can tell me what should I do to IGNORE this type of environment n put my 100% mind in the muscle n train balls to the walls??

PS I do not want to change the gym...

Good advice here. We all get pissed off by other people in the gym at times, comes with the territory. Like they said, keep your head down and stay focused on the task at hand. Music definitely helps.

I have just planed to but an MP3 player but I can't find any good songs to put in it... I want some songs which make me to think about the life, when that happens I train insane. I have only two tracks like that, they are Tiesto's Tanatrix and Ten seconds before sunrise...

Any other songs or tracks will be good if anyone can tell me.

Good stuff there.

Given your signature, and your initial question, I suggest "Balls to the Wall" by Accept:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3TlrZLpQ0

smoothballer
01-10-11, 2:43 pm

Definitely what I do.

Aggression
01-10-11, 3:40 pm
Definitely check out that thread linked above, 'Music for the Mindset'. Lots of tracks in there.

The thing about music ... it effects people on different levels. A song that will get me going will not get someone else going. For example, you mentioned 'Tiesto'. Now while I have a great time fistpumping to that stuff in the club, I could never train to that music. I need something like Godsmack, Seether, UnderOath, etc. To each, their own. Find music that hits YOU the right way and add it to your playlist.

Just go in there and do you. Don't look around. You should be focused on the task at hand.

Back To Basics
01-10-11, 8:19 pm
If you don't have the luck of training at a hardcore gym than most of us know what that feels like.
Your going as hard as you can while 20 meters away it's some jerk off with a mindless face watching tv on a piece of equipment.
When you see someone in the gym who isn't sweating you just know there not working hard, unfortunately it's the same shit around the world but we all have to keep our heads down and ignore what everyone thinks. I don't use an mp3 or wear a hat and I still get really good training sessions in because I focus focus focus and keep my head down.

Halfbred
01-10-11, 10:23 pm
Today while i was at the gym people were doing the same thing...laughing, playing grab ass, etc. I ignore them...as soon as my workout was done i went home...ripped the posters off my wall and went back to the gym and put them on the mirrors...
everyone watched me as i was doing this and as i moved on to the next poster people would go check them out...and i saw the flame light from under their asses. they all shut the fuck up and got to working out...though this may just be temporary i did my part in trying to help make the gym a more tolerable place FOR ME. i cant wait to go back tomorrow and see how many of the people are still sticking with it and or how many of my posters are missing.

Introvert
01-11-11, 1:33 am

Dude, I hear that. I hate that shit, but i don't try and keep a straight face, i wait til they look at me and I shake my head and laugh. Like some dumbass throwin around weight that he couldn't lift with two sets of arms. what a joke.

Today while i was at the gym people were doing the same thing...laughing, playing grab ass, etc. I ignore them...as soon as my workout was done i went home...ripped the posters off my wall and went back to the gym and put them on the mirrors...
everyone watched me as i was doing this and as i moved on to the next poster people would go check them out...and i saw the flame light from under their asses. they all shut the fuck up and got to working out...though this may just be temporary i did my part in trying to help make the gym a more tolerable place FOR ME. i cant wait to go back tomorrow and see how many of the people are still sticking with it and or how many of my posters are missing.

Thats awesome man! You did your part to better the atmosphere, and maybe some kid got ahold of one of those posters and it just changed his life. Props to you.

zubda345
01-11-11, 10:00 am
Yeah man, Today was great... Keeping the head down helps alot. don't see no evil don't try to stop it keep ur sel;f to ur self. I jsut kept my head down today. All went well Talked to no body... It's was good...

Man.... Hardcore Music... BALLS TO THE WALL FOR LIFE!!

zubda345
01-11-11, 10:10 am
Definitely check out that thread linked above, 'Music for the Mindset'. Lots of tracks in there.

The thing about music ... it effects people on different levels. A song that will get me going will not get someone else going. For example, you mentioned 'Tiesto'. Now while I have a great time fistpumping to that stuff in the club, I could never train to that music. I need something like Godsmack, Seether, UnderOath, etc. To each, their own. Find music that hits YOU the right way and add it to your playlist.

Just go in there and do you. Don't look around. You should be focused on the task at hand.

Yeah, I agree with U the music which makes me going doesn't makes many going. Mine is for me. I've been making a list of songs I should put up for me since I posted this threat I got up to 9 tracks from 2. This will really help along with keeping my self to myself, the same I did today n everything was better...

If you don't have the luck of training at a hardcore gym than most of us know what that feels like.
Your going as hard as you can while 20 meters away it's some jerk off with a mindless face watching tv on a piece of equipment.
When you see someone in the gym who isn't sweating you just know there not working hard, unfortunately it's the same shit around the world but we all have to keep our heads down and ignore what everyone thinks. I don't use an mp3 or wear a hat and I still get really good training sessions in because I focus focus focus and keep my head down.

Yes, I really get my brains hot when I see this foolishness in the gym... If u want to watch some sexy bitch on the TV, stay in ur room and watch some porns if u want to but when U r in gym... Do ur stuff u have to do or get the fuck lost.
Yeah I know now how u do it it's easy if u just ignore others and leave the task to show them the right path. I'll be doing the same from now.

zubda345
01-11-11, 10:12 am

Good U did ur part but I will never do that. I have only a few posters and I don't want them stolen. LOL :P

Maccabee
01-11-11, 10:27 am

Well Done! Bring the environment to the gym!

Phil800101
01-11-11, 1:06 pm
Yeah man, Today was great... Keeping the head down helps alot. don't see no evil don't try to stop it keep ur sel;f to ur self. I jsut kept my head down today. All went well Talked to no body... It's was good...

Man.... Hardcore Music... BALLS TO THE WALL FOR LIFE!!

Cool, glad to hear it.

Cellardweller
01-11-11, 2:34 pm
I just go in, say nothing to no one and get it done. If I see some kid in the leg press with a couple of 25s on it texting while he pumps the "weight" up and down, well, I just use that to piss myself off and hit it harder. Just focus on yourself and the next set. People probably think I'm an asshole since I don't shoot the shit with them when I'm there, but who gives a fuck what they think?

Halfbred
01-11-11, 6:13 pm
going back today in 1 hour and 30 mins. lets see if these people are still busting their ass.

conjugalburns
01-11-11, 7:21 pm
I thought corporate gyms were bad, but the gym my school provides pisses me off so much every time I'm there. For one there are way more students that go to OU then there is equipment. The room is tiny as shit and everyone is packed together, I've got kids trying to do pushups at my feet while I'm doing curls. Half the dudes lifting in there are only there for the social aspect. Also can't do hack squats cause the machine is about 20 years old and kinda jams when I squat. The leg press is an old hammer strength that has two single leg plat forms which sucks. Nothing to do sissy squats off off. It's been driving me nuts day after day, not to mention there is a gym on campus for all of the athletes with super nice stuff, and then a weight room for grad students. I'm salty. Needed to vent haha.

Machine
01-11-11, 8:29 pm
My advice is to understand combat breathing, dont wear an ipod or anything else that distracts your senses or ability to focus, and begin to understand institutional energy.

There is a certain amount of institutional energy in and around any building or environment; that energy is much like the energy of the sea...in one moment you could be lulled to sleep by her passive currents...the next thing you now you get hit by a rouge wave...instantaneous violence.

You cannot bring the energy with you day in and day out for training as it is too difficult to do that consistently; you must learn to rob the institutional energy from the atmosphere and buildings you become part of. I casually peer around the gym as I listen to myself breath, establish an optimal cadence for thoughts, breaths, reps, and sets...then I actually breath in the energy all around me. It is there...you can take it...all the great athletes know how to do this...watch some film of them performing and you will see the elemental charge that runs through them.

Take what you need form your environment but do not let circumstances, be they mental or physical, determine your training factors or efficacy.

MACHINE

kc campbell
01-11-11, 8:44 pm
My advice is to understand combat breathing, dont wear an ipod or anything else that distracts your senses or ability to focus, and begin to understand institutional energy.

There is a certain amount of institutional energy in and around any building or environment; that energy is much like the energy of the sea...in one moment you could be lulled to sleep by her passive currents...the next thing you now you get hit by a rouge wave...instantaneous violence.

You cannot bring the energy with you day in and day out for training as it is too difficult to do that consistently; you must learn to rob the institutional energy from the atmosphere and buildings you become part of. I casually peer around the gym as I listen to myself breath, establish an optimal cadence for thoughts, breaths, reps, and sets...then I actually breath in the energy all around me. It is there...you can take it...all the great athletes know how to do this...watch some film of them performing and you will see the elemental charge that runs through them.

Take what you need form your environment but do not let circumstances, be they mental or physical, determine your training factors or efficacy.

MACHINE

Definitely guna give it a go with no iPod tomorrow, this sounds interesting...

Halfbred
01-11-11, 9:37 pm
Got back from the gym...posters are still there(thank god) and the attitude...well i couldnt tell ya...i was literally the only one in there. about 3/4 way through my workout a young kid walks in that i recognize(from yesterday who was struggling to bench 95lbs) he walks past me and sits down to tie his shoe. i get back to doing my skull crushers and eventually finish my workout. As im leaving the gym i realize that i forgot my car keys on the floor next to the smith machine...i make my way back down there. As i walk through the weight room door i see the young kid standing in front of the mirror looking at a picture of Arnold that i had printed out. i get my keys and as im walking out the kid says: Hey, you're the guy who posted all these pictures yesterday right? I look at him and say yeh man, thats me. The kid (Jose) says, these are really good pictures...i love arnold. Im like haha what do you know about arnold man and what do you love about him? He goes on and on about all the things he loves about arnold and starts talking about the movie Pumping Iron. After about 10 mins of bullshitting the kids like well i better get back to working out if i wanna get like that huh? I smile at him walk up and shake his hand( i can tell the kid was for probably the first time of his life motivated to better himself and be something) Im Vince man...im here a lot...you'll see me around bro. Hes like im Jose, nice to meet you man. I turn my back and walk away, then i turn back around and im like hey Jose...what you training? He responds, arms...i say well theres only one way to make them really grow...let me show you. And i ended up staying an extra 75 mins to spot him and show him the basics..

Missed my meal to help someone else out, who was motivated, dedicated, and determined...
Not once in my life have i been moved to do that before...not once.
Jose if you registered and read this, im proud of you brother...and ill see you thursday....tomorrow is my off day.

zubda345
01-12-11, 1:07 am
I just go in, say nothing to no one and get it done. If I see some kid in the leg press with a couple of 25s on it texting while he pumps the "weight" up and down, well, I just use that to piss myself off and hit it harder. Just focus on yourself and the next set. People probably think I'm an asshole since I don't shoot the shit with them when I'm there, but who gives a fuck what they think?

Yeah. Yesterday there was a man standing near the legpress while I was putting the plates near it, plates have a coating of rubber on them so when they hit the carpet it sounds loud, When I threw a plate down he looked at me n said "Easy Brother" like he fuckin owns the gym. I gave no attention to him, Didn't even looked at his face. Fuck U asshole, if u r thinking that plate might hit u on ur feet then don't stand close to the place where I someone is putting the plates, especially don't stand near a raged animal!

zubda345
01-12-11, 1:19 am
Got back from the gym...posters are still there(thank god) and the attitude...well i couldnt tell ya...i was literally the only one in there. about 3/4 way through my workout a young kid walks in that i recognize(from yesterday who was struggling to bench 95lbs) he walks past me and sits down to tie his shoe. i get back to doing my skull crushers and eventually finish my workout. As im leaving the gym i realize that i forgot my car keys on the floor next to the smith machine...i make my way back down there. As i walk through the weight room door i see the young kid standing in front of the mirror looking at a picture of Arnold that i had printed out. i get my keys and as im walking out the kid says: Hey, you're the guy who posted all these pictures yesterday right? I look at him and say yeh man, thats me. The kid (Jose) says, these are really good pictures...i love arnold. Im like haha what do you know about arnold man and what do you love about him? He goes on and on about all the things he loves about arnold and starts talking about the movie Pumping Iron. After about 10 mins of bullshitting the kids like well i better get back to working out if i wanna get like that huh? I smile at him walk up and shake his hand( i can tell the kid was for probably the first time of his life motivated to better himself and be something) Im Vince man...im here a lot...you'll see me around bro. Hes like im Jose, nice to meet you man. I turn my back and walk away, then i turn back around and im like hey Jose...what you training? He responds, arms...i say well theres only one way to make them really grow...let me show you. And i ended up staying an extra 75 mins to spot him and show him the basics..

Missed my meal to help someone else out, who was motivated, dedicated, and determined...
Not once in my life have i been moved to do that before...not once.
Jose if you registered and read this, im proud of you brother...and ill see you thursday....tomorrow is my off day.

Good, I also helped out some ppl sometimes they want to workout with me, but I hate it when they don't give it sometime to see what the exercise is gonna do n just go to someone else the next week n will change all their exercises behind one person... I always say them,"Try all but do what benefits u" They don't seem to understand or LIKE this I guess..

Oz_78
01-12-11, 3:15 am
As its been said, just get in there with your mp3 player blasting out your fave tunes. Focus on what YOURE doing, put in 110% into your session and you should come away knowing youve done your thing and time spent hittin the weights has been beneficial.

zubda345
01-12-11, 9:37 am

MACHINE

Sir, It's different here in this country... ppl fooling around making asshole noises in the gym, talking how their mama cooks, not concentrating on their workouts, I don't think that's energy... I do not take my songs with me 70% of my workout's that is when I go to the gym when almost no one is there or else when I am late gym is packed I have to get me my tunes or ppl eat ur ears... I once read a chapter in my english book when I was in 9th grade... That name was Chinese wisdom, The story was that the king sends his son to a master to learn the basics of a good ruler, Master sends him in the jungle to hear all the voices he can, after one year he comes back n tells him that he heard birds chirping, animal running, lion roaring e.t.c. Master sends him again while saying try to hear all what u can, he comes again next yr n tells that he heard flowers Blooming, Sun rising, Land heating e.t.c. I was truly inspired by this story.... The prince listened to the sounds other's can't hear... These are the qualities of a good ruler, to hear the un hearable.... And I thik U r trying to explain the same thing that we should hear, feel the energy around us, in us. I was on this mission since I read that chaper... Machine, U are one of the most Inspiring persons I have ever talked to in my life......... May God bless u... Always!!! :)

Cellardweller
01-12-11, 4:20 pm
Sir, It's different here in this country... ppl fooling around making asshole noises in the gym, talking how their mama cooks, not concentrating on their workouts, I don't think that's energy... I do not take my songs with me 70% of my workout's that is when I go to the gym when almost no one is there or else when I am late gym is packed I have to get me my tunes or ppl eat ur ears... I once read a chapter in my english book when I was in 9th grade... That name was Chinese wisdom, The story was that the king sends his son to a master to learn the basics of a good ruler, Master sends him in the jungle to hear all the voices he can, after one year he comes back n tells him that he heard birds chirping, animal running, lion roaring e.t.c. Master sends him again while saying try to hear all what u can, he comes again next yr n tells that he heard flowers Blooming, Sun rising, Land heating e.t.c. I was truly inspired by this story.... The prince listened to the sounds other's can't hear... These are the qualities of a good ruler, to hear the un hearable.... And I thik U r trying to explain the same thing that we should hear, feel the energy around us, in us. I was on this mission since I read that chaper... Machine, U are one of the most Inspiring persons I have ever talked to in my life......... May God bless u... Always!!! :)

If you can tell us what everyone else is saying then you are focusing on THAT and not on yourself. Just put your head down and enter your own world. If lots of people are talking you can pick out one person in the crowd and understand what that person is saying over everyone else. Make the person you listen to yourself. And if other people are annoying you then use that to squeeze out another rep.

zubda345
01-13-11, 9:00 am
Okay...

EMAWkat
01-13-11, 10:50 am

I hear ya...I have some noise cancelling ear buds, and just focus on myself instead of hearing everybody else's stories and the annoying laughs

Dingo
01-13-11, 1:21 pm
I'm against the noise canceling ear buds and mp3's in general, nothing says "don't approach me" more than those types of things, especially coupled with a serious look, hat low and what not. I'm not condoning socializing at the gym like its a bar, but if we are to try to be ambassadors of bodybuilding and put an end to the negative stereotypes then shouldn't each of us be approachable, even while training. You can "get your shit done" and still be tactful/approachable.
The gym I train at plays billboard top 40... try squatting to taylor swift, once the weight is hoisted in my hands, the environment gets shut out and all my focus is on the exercise at hand. Once you can get past all the bullshit "needs" of ipods and needing to look so serious, and can flick off the environment for those few seconds a set lasts you will find most of the things that drive you absolutely bonkers dissipate.

Hows that scrawney 115lb kid you used to be supposed to come up and ask for advice when your ears are crammed with headphones and your overall demeanor comes across as "get the fuck outa my way"?

fawaz
01-13-11, 1:49 pm

MACHINE

that is wise of you to write thankyou for your inteligent words.they motivate and support me.

D-Kev
01-13-11, 4:25 pm
I'm against the noise canceling ear buds and mp3's in general, nothing says "don't approach me" more than those types of things, especially coupled with a serious look, hat low and what not. I'm not condoning socializing at the gym like its a bar, but if we are to try to be ambassadors of bodybuilding and put an end to the negative stereotypes then shouldn't each of us be approachable, even while training. You can "get your shit done" and still be tactful/approachable.
The gym I train at plays billboard top 40... try squatting to taylor swift, once the weight is hoisted in my hands, the environment gets shut out and all my focus is on the exercise at hand. Once you can get past all the bullshit "needs" of ipods and needing to look so serious, and can flick off the environment for those few seconds a set lasts you will find most of the things that drive you absolutely bonkers dissipate.

Hows that scrawney 115lb kid you used to be supposed to come up and ask for advice when your ears are crammed with headphones and your overall demeanor comes across as "get the fuck outa my way"?

I am with this! Nicely put, man...My gym plays the same lame music and I know the feeling of blocking it and everything else out.

The weight room is not a place for everyone to be 100% isolated and deaf to their surroundings.
In fact, everyone needs to be aware of the serious place they are in.
As a musician and audio recording enthusiast as well as someone whose seen and played a lot of live music,
all I can think of when I see people with their headphones, cranked so loud that I can tell what song they are listening to, is how bad they are damaging their hearing. And all in the name of drowning everything out and giving themselves some 'edge'...When in fact, that 'edge' is all mental and can be achieved naturally.

Finally, the don't interrupt me image and message is a bit much...Brothers in iron should be able to lend enough spots to each other (bench, db press etc) and get their own serious workout in during their session.
How can I engage another serious lifter, if they are 'in their own world' ?

kc campbell
01-13-11, 4:49 pm
Finally, the don't interrupt me image and message is a bit much...Brothers in iron should be able to lend enough spots to each other (bench, db press etc) and get their own serious workout in during their session.

I like the perspective you guys have brought about, as I never really thought about it like that before. I personally chose to drown myself in music because its what works for me. No doubt brothers in iron should help each other. I feel like you can still engage with other lifters even when they are doin that, simply catch their eye or approach them. Yeah it might be uncomfortable for some, but when was the gym suppose to be comfortable? Fuck man I did it with Phil Heath, and yeah I was scared shitless, but he pulled his headphones off, shook my hand, and we talked. I feel like there is a mutual respect between fellow iron addicts. An unseen code of conduct that the majority of us follow.

Madcat
01-13-11, 4:52 pm
Machine hits the nail on the head with his post, I stopped using my MP3 player all together and the mind/muscle focus is so much better.

1 of my 2 training partners uses him Iphone and was just doing a pretty high dollar supplement routine.... He gained 0lbs, and lost strength. Not to mention has still not returned to his previous strength. I think he got caught up i nthe flashyness and feeling the stuff would handle everything.

Not to mention the other day he sent me a photo on leg day(he avoids legs with me because I make my other training partner puke every week or close, and he knows he will too) of 9 plates per side and thought he was doing good work, I countered with were they the normal half deep reps or did you take the legs to the chest like I make you.... No response and hasn't hit legs with me yet.

The tough part is all the flashy guys that wear them and he wants to fit in. In my case, I m not there for that, I walk in, I get my work done, and I leave. I don't talk to people, I don't talk about work, I hit the weights and leave.

MetalHeart
01-14-11, 8:27 am
I speak for myself when I say that I can't lift much weight. I'm getting there, been lifting for around 4 months straight now, 3 years on and off. Just because i grunt when I'm deadlifting my maximum weight for example (which is around 60 kg's), makes me annoying? I'd like to be able to lift as much as you guys, and I'll get there eventually.

One time I was at the gym, I was squatting, in my last set I do make a fuck of an effort with my maximum weight, and I do tend to grunt my way up. This real huge guy comes up to me and says "You're not even lifting mate."
I smacked him with the 10 kg plate across the face.

But just saying, maybe those guys lifting those small weights grunting are lifting their maximum and giving it their all?

zubda345
01-17-11, 3:46 am
When anyone is lifting he is giving it all he has.. I say this from personal experience My max dead is 120 kgs that's almost 260 pounds or so. Max bench is 84 kg that's about 180 pounds which are not enough... When I am doing my reps I am giving it all I have and I hope that one day I will surely make my numbers go through the roof. But I don't focus on numbers that much I focus on my body the weight that pumps my body is good for me.....

AlphaBrass01
01-17-11, 7:01 am

I am with this! Nicely put, man...My gym plays the same lame music and I know the feeling of blocking it and everything else out.

The weight room is not a place for everyone to be 100% isolated and deaf to their surroundings.
In fact, everyone needs to be aware of the serious place they are in.
As a musician and audio recording enthusiast as well as someone whose seen and played a lot of live music,
all I can think of when I see people with their headphones, cranked so loud that I can tell what song they are listening to, is how bad they are damaging their hearing. And all in the name of drowning everything out and giving themselves some 'edge'...When in fact, that 'edge' is all mental and can be achieved naturally.

ALL OF THIS!!!

When I start a set, I don't hear whatever music is playing, anyway. I like to seem approachable, and I HATE feeling like I am not fully aware of my surroundings.

utransform
01-17-11, 10:31 pm
Look a lot of assholes don't clean up okay fuck them
Yeah they don't allow chalk which is bull shit
We have a personal training institute in our gym and these 21 year olds will come up to you and start telling you how it is blah fucking blah I just scare them away.

What really gets me is two things 1. yuppie bitches complaining about grunting-how hot it is how cold it is go to the fucking country club..

My real bitch those is assholes who yap with their buddies taking up equipment time never breaking a sweat flirting with their girlfriends will ya please shut the fuck up and train or go to planet ***ness

utransform
01-17-11, 10:35 pm
head banging music is what keeps me sane...

Tifferzzz
01-18-11, 4:53 pm
Yeah they don't allow chalk which is bull shit

I found the greatest chalk creation to hit the gyms since chalk itself. It's called LiquidGrip. It's basically alcohol and chalk mixed together. it chalks your grip but doesn't get everywhere like chalk does. I 'heart' Liquid Grip. If you went to the Olympia Expo in Vegas last year - they were there. That's how I found them. I believe their site is LiquidGrip.com.

I'm sure your gym wouldn't object to that. :)

Diesel Rocket
01-19-11, 12:47 pm
Its planet fitness!

fawaz
01-19-11, 2:34 pm
Its planet fitness!

ive heard about that terrible place they call a gym is it true if you grunt or drop the weight some bell rings if thats true then thats fucked.

N. Motta
01-19-11, 2:53 pm
...I smacked him with the 10 kg plate across the face.

Seems like the best possible reaction.

IronWilson
01-19-11, 4:08 pm
For some reason, the experience I had in the gym the other day really pissed me off.

Alright, so I'm training legs. There is this guy that goes to my gym. He is a skinny, average 50-something year old guy. This guy doesn't say a word to anyone ever, which is completely fine with me. He does look around and give people scrutinizing looks, but I thought I may have been misreading it as body language is hard to decode. I will refer to him as OP for "Old Powerlifter" for reasons I will explain. He doesn't talk to anybody, except and only high school football players

Then there is this other guy. I will refer to him as OG because this guy is an "Original Guido." He has a new york tinted accent and is always talking about old school stuff and kids these days and so forth. He is a friendly guy who talks to anyone that is in the weight room, but won't disturb you too much. He just talks with you a little bit and is polite and respectful. Trains pretty hard.

So OP is doing curls in the squat rack, with swinging momentum. Between his sets, OG compliments him on his lift and starts talking to him about being old and lifting, as if they are the same age. OP reveals that he used to compete in powerlifting. OP also says he has been lifting for 30 years, wherein OG says he has been lifting for 20 years himself.

Without even batting an eyelash, OP says in the most brash tone I have ever heard: "Well, you don't train like me."

OG: Oh sure I do.
OP: (This time in a patronizing tone.) No, you don't train like me.

So later, they start talking about people that they know that were their age in the powerlifting competitions. All I can hear through my earbuds from OP is "That guy was a juicehead, this guy was a juicehead. I used to kick all their asses in competitions." Everyone that OG mentioned, OP claimed were juicing.

I would expect this from a teenager, but not a middle aged man. It doesn't sound that bad in writing. I guess you would have to experience this guy in real life for it to piss you off as much as it did to me. For someone to be so cocky is putrid.

From this experience I have learned, that douche bag in high school who thinks they are better than everyone else grows up to be a douche bag with less hair that thinks they are better than everyone. Most people will never change.

kc campbell
01-19-11, 4:15 pm
From this experience I have learned, that douche bag in high school who thinks they are better than everyone else grows up to be a douche bag with less hair that thinks they are better than everyone. Most people will never change.

Preach on brother, said it perfectly.

Halfbred
01-19-11, 11:33 pm
I love the guys who ask if i juice. Im not huge by any means...5'8-5'9 177-180lbs( i dont know, i dont weigh myself and i choose not to until my 20 week program is up) Theyre like man, i see you in here bustin it bro...how do you get all veiny and stuff man? That stuff is cool! And i say " you just said it, bustin it" Thats all i do, i talk to no one, i look at no one...i walk through the door, and downstairs...and as soon as i step foot in the weight room(which is no different from the shithole lou ferrigno trained at in the movie pumping iron) i feel a rush...just that smell gets me fucking going.

But i dont like rambling on about stupid shit. What i dont like about my gym is the amount of unmotivated people. 2 people start shootin the shit, then eventually the whole room does...and im left blocking out these guys talking about football or whatever gets their dicks hard. But i must say, there are a select few who go in there to train and get huge. i admire these people, because i am one of these people. They know what its like to sacrifice everything and keep on keeping on. These guys are just like me. Cant have a steady relationship because the woman says i dont have time for her, busts his ass at work for 12 hours to earn an honest days pay, and takes out all his anger and frustration in the weight room. We have to be somewhat sick to find pleasure in what we do...and i fucking love it.

Elem Entree
01-22-11, 1:21 am
It is such a thief to my motivation to have a bad session already the last thing I need is people who don't respect the basic rules of a gym. These big gyms that play the crappy pop music and pack in the cardio classes are usually not a big issue for me but tonight, well, I just about lost it. So, I had'nt worked back in a couple weeks and at my last session I had a really strong day. I hit my 50 pullups 20 of which were with a 45lb plate added. I had a kick ass dead lift pyramid of 15 with 315, 10 with 405, 5 with 455, 1 with 475 and, 1 with 505. let's just say it was a fuckin strong day for my back. Anyway, I go into the gym tonight feeling a little tired and a little ill but confident non the less. It turned out to be a crappy night. I hit my 50 pullups but I could only get about 10 with the plate and I felt super weak the whole time. Not to mention that I started to get this pain in my tendons of my left elbow. Serious suck going on there. Feeling kinda down, I went to go hit deads and while I was prepping some kid comes and just starts lifting where I was prepping to lift at! I hit him up and he seemed sincere and apologetic so, I said no big deal and set up another bar next to him. Well, I start with 225 for my 15 and i'm starting to feel a little stronger so I get to bumpin up my weight. I'm at my set for 5 and i'm loading to 405 when this fucking prick kid walks right over my bar while i'm loading it! I mean what the fuck? This is a big ass Golds super gym man! There is all this space and I even gave this kid my spot and he shows no ettiquete for the gym man. I was so steamed dude! I wanted to crush his little bitch skull with a plate. Anyway the kid doesnt come back and I get back to trying to focus on my lifts. I get my 405 up no problem and I'm getting to feeling a little better. So I load up for my 505 and...nothing not even a disconnect from the ground Bro. I drop it down to 495 and replant my roots and grip that bar like it was a part of my hands....nothing. I'm starting to get frustrated as hell here. I try again and get the same shit so I go back to 405 and pick it up for 1 more rep. Anyway, I feel like I got a fair workout but it just wasn't great. I'm all ready trying to get psyched for tomorrow man. I gotta drive on and leave this night in history. I just wish there was some kind of briefing for these numbnut kids that think theyre king of the fucking world. They gotta learn ettiquete right? I mean, I'm trying to do some serious lifting in this gym and I can't be having this kind of shit happen. I'll lose my fucking mind and end up in some serious trouble here. I don't know what to do I'm going back but i'm filled with bad feelings here.

jeff00z28
01-22-11, 9:16 pm
i feel like an idiot for reading that. not even sure i understand what happened

Cranky
01-23-11, 10:27 am
Dude, I dig what your saying.You get your game face on and some douche totally knocks you out of whack.Nice you kept your cool and not pop off.Last thing you want to do is lift in prison!

Rusk08
02-05-11, 6:33 am
1) Every single person who performs an exercise with incorrect form just so they can lift more "weight"
2) The guy who asks if he can come to gym with me so I can show him a few things. He ends up doing a quarter of the weight I do and doesn't even try. Then a month down the line he asks if he can come with again. Honestly what the fuck do you ever think you're gonna get anywhere like this?

fawaz
02-05-11, 2:04 pm
1)machine equipment is lagginf
2)some benches are broken.
3)theres a bent barbell that sometimes i have no choice but to use
4)week stupid pathetic moronic gangster wannabe dickheads that come in and do nothing but act cool when they are there.
5)girls that stare at me
6)girls that look and talk about me when im training
7)ugly girls that talk to me
8)when someone takes the weight you will be using next
9)they put a sign up 6 months ago saying new equipment comming soon but it still hasnt come
10)the weight training area isnt that big
11)crapy pop music like justin bieber playing one day i wil replace it with hatebreed and some drowning pool
12)changing room smells
13)hardly anyone trains hard.just me and a handfull of others
13)the manager is a cheapskay to ay the least

Fricano
02-05-11, 7:18 pm
This thread is retarded. Lets all cry about the gym we train.

The House
02-06-11, 8:54 pm
Me lol

ronnie
02-06-11, 11:28 pm
1)people who need to run around making accusations about anyone being "on shit", who cares other then you and why does it matter!?
2)riff raff gangsters who do nothing but congregate together, not doing anything but taking up space
3)clowns who walk around with inflated chests and constant poses
4)retards who try to impress everyone around them
5)excuse for everything guy
6)the vegetarian who is trying to bulk
7)girls who refuse to work hard, cause they are afraid of getting big muscles. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK! getting big does not happen by accident!
8)the asshole who still believes that fat "turns into" muscle
9) "i used to be able to..." guy
10) people leaving weights around
11) but somewhat contradictory to number 10, the fact that we are not allowed to leave a single plate on each side of the leg press, come on, who uses less than that for anything? really. if they can walk, they can press 90lbs.
12)people who put plates in the wrong spot on the weight tree
13)people who cant spot worth a shit
14) shit heads who ask you to spot them for 7 reps past failure on bench and when they decide they are done, just let go of the barbell, leaving you to rack it without their help as they lay un aware that the only thing between them and guillotine death is you
15)puffs who complain about chalk
16)bad, bad outfits. i am by no means fashionable, but some poeple have no clue
17)fat women who refuse to work hard enough to get their pulse past 110 but for some strange reason cant manage to loose weight... odd?
18) "can you set the bar down more quitley?" "can you show me how to set 500lbs down quitley?"
19) "why not just do hyper extensions istead of deadlifts?" "cause i want to make my deadlift stronger" "i use the hyper, it works for me." "how much can you deadlift?" "oh ya..."
20) the 2 guys who deadlifted the same bar, at the same time, standing on opposite sides of the barbell, facing eachother.
21) personal trainer crying out "i can lift it! its too heavy! i dont have those pulling muscles!" then looking to see a pathetic excuse for a human who refuses to apply enough effort to pull 65lbs off the floor. 65 god, damn, pounds.
22)goof in the shirt with cut off sleaves, cut in V-neck, jelled hair, who stares at me when i walk by. WHAT DO YOU WANT? NO I WONT BE YOUR BOYFRIEND, FUCK OFF!
23)anyone who resembles anyone from jersey shore
24)women who wear very revealing shit, but dont want you to look at them. if you dont want me to look at or compliment your hot ass, dont deliberately show it to me. WTF!?

I go to 2 different gyms, gives me alot to hate.

dannynb
02-06-11, 11:32 pm
Damn....I love my gym....after reading all this I realize I got it good at my place....no drama and no bs.

Rusk08
02-07-11, 4:00 am
Me lol

Hahahaha!

Rusk08
02-07-11, 4:03 am
20) the 2 guys who deadlifted the same bar, at the same time, standing on opposite sides of the barbell, facing eachother.

Hahahaha this made my day! Wow...

PORTERHOUSE
02-07-11, 8:29 pm
[QUOTE=fawaz;1068577]
5)girls that stare at me
/QUOTE]

you must be one handsome man!

AceKombat
02-07-11, 9:33 pm
quote: women who wear very revealing shit, but dont want you to look at them. if you dont want me to look at or compliment your hot ass, dont deliberately show it to me. WTF!?"

Same thing i say!

fawaz
02-08-11, 3:07 am
[QUOTE=fawaz;1068577]
5)girls that stare at me
/QUOTE]

you must be one handsome man!

naah not that much its probably because im the loudest when i train.

ronnie
02-08-11, 9:17 am
naah not that much its probably because im the loudest when i train.

im sure that in their description of the worst things about their gym, YOU would be included.

Hollow
02-08-11, 10:17 am
I go to 2 different gyms, gives me alot to hate.

You must be talking about the school gym because we both know that stuff doesn't take place in "our" gym...lmao!

ronnie
02-08-11, 11:53 am
You must be talking about the school gym because we both know that stuff doesn't take place in "our" gym...lmao!

haha! see numbers 3,4,18,19, and 21. those are specific to our gym!

Hollow
02-08-11, 12:04 pm
haha! see numbers 3,4,18,19, and 21. those are specific to our gym!

What do you mean!?!? Not at our gym! LMAO! The joys of having early AM workouts...absolutely nobody there!

fawaz
02-08-11, 1:32 pm
im sure that in their description of the worst things about their gym, YOU would be included.

hahaha yeah maybe but i dont give a shit.

Cellardweller
02-21-11, 6:57 pm
Most guys don't clean up after themselves in my gym. I'm learning to live with it. But today I went to use the leg press and I had to strip a 5lb plate off each side. That's it, just 5lbs. I was thinking I could borrow my sister's cat, squat down, pick it up and set it on the ground again for 10 reps and get a better workout. I hope someone was rehabing a knee with that.

Jengyz
02-22-11, 3:54 pm
Leakage from the ceiling (most probably urine/shit juice)

Sprint
02-27-11, 7:53 pm
I speak for myself when I say that I can't lift much weight. I'm getting there, been lifting for around 4 months straight now, 3 years on and off. Just because i grunt when I'm deadlifting my maximum weight for example (which is around 60 kg's), makes me annoying? I'd like to be able to lift as much as you guys, and I'll get there eventually.

One time I was at the gym, I was squatting, in my last set I do make a fuck of an effort with my maximum weight, and I do tend to grunt my way up. This real huge guy comes up to me and says "You're not even lifting mate."
I smacked him with the 10 kg plate across the face.

But just saying, maybe those guys lifting those small weights grunting are lifting their maximum and giving it their all?

Amen bro, Amen. As a bodybuilding Personal Trainer (boo! hiss! fuck off, I preach the Animal gospel) I end up talking to lots of young lads built like twigs. 99% of the time they'll say "I bet you lift loads more than this" pointing to the weight that they're using. True, I usually am lifting a fair amount more, but I say "Is that heavy to you?"
Of course, they say "Yeah, it is to me."
At which point I say "Then it's heavy. Full stop."
Trying to make them feel more comfortable coming to the gym, & also stopping them from sticking too much weight on too soon, losing the mind-muscle connection & using shit form, all because the next guy who weighs 5 stone more & has been lifting 10 years longer happens to be stronger than they are right now.

Assuming that because somebody is smaller or not as strong as you, they aren't giving their all or aren't serious about their training is one of the reasons why bodybuilders have ended up with a reputation as arrogant bullies.

Oz_78
02-27-11, 11:48 pm
People who don't fucking pick up after themselves.

Must be a world wide thing bro,as same over here in oz.Fucking annoying.

BigBlueBear
03-02-11, 5:22 am
Worst thing about my old gym... they cut out 1/3 of the room to put in a pizza place next door, then two spots down in the same strip center they put in a liquor store. All in the span of about two months. So you had a pizza place, gym (psh, I'm being nice calling it that), supp store (that only cared about MMA), and a liquor store.

Check that I said old gym. Now everything is in the basement of my new home.

Tifferzzz
07-17-11, 3:24 pm
Today was an upper body workout for me. My gym is Gold's Gym. I had arrived to the part in my training where I was attempting to do single-sided tricept pulldowns, but the handle kept hitting my thigh. So I thought -hey- let's remove the handle, just grip the cable free handed, invert the grip and that way it'll lock out harder.

Success.

So - I went thought my set of 12 / 10 / 8....and I was half-way through my next round of six...and I mean HALF-WAY through when the biggest douche in the gym walks up to me, not even a foot away. I'm talking in my comfort zone space. He then says 'you need to use a handle.' I was in the MIDDLE of my pulldown when he starts telling me what to do. So I replied with 'no I don't. Don't tell me what to do.' He then repeats it, and says 'you're bending the cable, it will break, I know becuase I've broken one before. You have to put a handle on that.' To which I was pissed and replied, 'no.' So he rolls his eyes and says he's going to report me. So I went back to finishing my round of six, then my rest period to which I then went to complete 12...

He pulled out his camera and took two full-body pictures of me.

My husband was pissed, since he was there. So - apparently with his proof, he was going to report me. Yet, instead of going to the front, he goes back into the locker room to put his phone away.

My next move was to finish my 12, get the hell off the cables, and report him - which, as he saw me walking up, he then walked up next to me - a FOOT away from me. Afterward, somehow I was able to finish my workout. The manager reported the issue (and apparently it's not the first report that this guy has had). I felt incredibly violated - and a lot of it had to do with the fact that he's an INCREDIBLY creepy-looking guy.

So - to pull my head out if it, I've basically talked myself into 'Well the paparazzi took my picture today...'

Yeah - so today's scenario was the worst fucking thing about my gym.

zubda345
07-17-11, 4:33 pm
Today was an upper body workout for me. My gym is Gold's Gym. I had arrived to the part in my training where I was attempting to do single-sided tricept pulldowns, but the handle kept hitting my thigh. So I thought -hey- let's remove the handle, just grip the cable free handed, invert the grip and that way it'll lock out harder.

Success.

So - I went thought my set of 12 / 10 / 8....and I was half-way through my next round of six...and I mean HALF-WAY through when the biggest douche in the gym walks up to me, not even a foot away. I'm talking in my comfort zone space. He then says 'you need to use a handle.' I was in the MIDDLE of my pulldown when he starts telling me what to do. So I replied with 'no I don't. Don't tell me what to do.' He then repeats it, and says 'you're bending the cable, it will break, I know becuase I've broken one before. You have to put a handle on that.' To which I was pissed and replied, 'no.' So he rolls his eyes and says he's going to report me. So I went back to finishing my round of six, then my rest period to which I then went to complete 12...

My husband was pissed, since he was there. So - apparently with his proof, he was going to report me. Yet, instead of going to the front, he goes back into the locker room to put his phone away.

My next move was to finish my 12, get the hell off the cables, and report him - which, as he saw me walking up, he then walked up next to me - a FOOT away from me. Afterward, somehow I was able to finish my workout. The manager reported the issue (and apparently it's not the first report that this guy has had). I felt incredibly violated - and a lot of it had to do with the fact that he's an INCREDIBLY creepy-looking guy.

So - to pull my head out if it, I've basically talked myself into 'Well the paparazzi took my picture today...'

I like to 1st just, tell these type of ppl that don't tell me what to do, and if they keep on coming, I would like to slap the moron... Slap some sense in his damn mind...

Bruiser
07-17-11, 5:06 pm
The worst thing about my gym is the mouse shit and the stink from the garbage cans. By the way, my gym is in my garage! The garbage cans get REAL rank by Wednesday night (trash night) considering I've still got a kid in diapers... think about that.... yeah. I still wouldn't trade it for a gym membership anyhwere!! I love it.

PORTERHOUSE
07-17-11, 5:52 pm

Success.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Tifferzzz
07-17-11, 6:54 pm
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

I don't believe I've felt more violated with anything that's ever happened in the gym, and that's with other guys telling me that 'Damn girl - you've got big boobies.'

Nope - not even that beats out what happened today.

zubda345
07-18-11, 2:45 am
I don't believe I've felt more violated with anything that's ever happened in the gym, and that's with other guys telling me that 'Damn girl - you've got big boobies.'

Nope - not even that beats out what happened today.

damn that's epicly rude

Tifferzzz
07-18-11, 12:33 pm
damn that's epicly rude

Normally I wouldn't be bothered, because it's the truth. Some people don't have a censor button in their head and this guy in particular had been in an epic four wheeling accident that slammed the four-wheeler down on his head. So - for him I brush it aside. It's fine. it's the truth.

But this - this both un-nerves me and pisses me off. For many reasons - first, I was in the middle of a pulldown - actually in the movement when he interrupted me. Secondly, he stood not even a foot from me to do it, thereby seriously invading my personal space. Third - taking my full body photos from the side and behind? Fourth- when I went tot he front desk, he again invaded my personal space. Fifth - he never showed the manager or told him about the photos. There's just so much about this scenario that screams creepy middle-aged man with a napoleon complex. I'm better than I was yesterday, but I didn't even want to go to the gym today for the chance that I may run into this person again, so I missed my cardio for today.

Meh. Thanks for the vent-thread guys, it's really helped.

Irish Muscle
07-19-11, 3:03 pm
I pretty much love everything about my gym...

Owned by an IFBB Pro and just an old firehouse chock full of old barbells, racks, dumbbells and machines. Multiple championship competitors as well.

However, there are some guys that walk around and look down on smaller/younger/newer guys, just because they think they own the place. Kinda pisses me off how they get brushed off. But hey, they'll muscle their way in one day.

Madcat
07-19-11, 7:13 pm
So this has happened I dunno how many times, and well, it just puts me in the worst mood ever. Like the rest of the day worst mood.

When you get to the gym to do your business on the pot and there is NO toilet paper.

I haven't read every single post, but if this has or hasn't been mentioned, this is BY FAR the worst thing about my gym.

2 crappers, 4 commercial size holders, NO PAPER. How tough is that to check once a day?

ronnie
07-20-11, 10:17 am
So this has happened I dunno how many times, and well, it just puts me in the worst mood ever. Like the rest of the day worst mood.

When you get to the gym to do your business on the pot and there is NO toilet paper.

I haven't read every single post, but if this has or hasn't been mentioned, this is BY FAR the worst thing about my gym.

2 crappers, 4 commercial size holders, NO PAPER. How tough is that to check once a day?

amature mistake, LOL! always look first!

thats what we wear socks for... multipurpose tools.

Appollonian
07-20-11, 1:36 pm
amature mistake, LOL! always look first!

thats what we wear socks for... multipurpose tools.

Sometimes there is no time to look: either you go in the bathroom or you go in your car.

MRmichael.hooker
07-20-11, 1:47 pm
Today i was in the locker room changing. ESPN was on, and i turned it up a lil to hear. I was sitting there changing, watching Mike & Mike, and this mid-50's yearold naked guy walks in front of me, changes the channel, and stands directly infront of me butt naked watching msnbc. REALLY?? It doesnt matter if your 20 or 90, 1- put a fucking towel on! 2-did you REALLY just change the channel as im sitting there watching it, like i dont exist? Like i wasn't sitting there?

How come old guys always are the ones butt naked in the sauna, with their junk all over the benches. But the younger guys always have a towel on?

Funky
07-20-11, 1:55 pm
Today i was in the locker room changing. ESPN was on, and i turned it up a lil to hear. I was sitting there changing, watching Mike & Mike, and this mid-50's yearold naked guy walks in front of me, changes the channel, and stands directly infront of me butt naked watching msnbc. REALLY?? It doesnt matter if your 20 or 90, 1- put a fucking towel on! 2-did you REALLY just change the channel as im sitting there watching it, like i dont exist? Like i wasn't sitting there?

How come old guys always are the ones butt naked in the sauna, with their junk all over the benches. But the younger guys always have a towel on?

Now that is funny right there! I knew Karma was real LOL

Bruiser
07-20-11, 2:03 pm

1. Because old men just don't care anymore
2. It's the only time their saggy junk is not dragging on the floor
3. They're trying to rehyrdrate their wrinkly old (insert horrible image here)

Now that is funny right there! I knew Karma was real LOL

That's fucking funny!

Sprint
07-20-11, 6:13 pm
1. Because old men just don't care anymore
2. It's the only time their saggy junk is not dragging on the floor
3. They're trying to rehyrdrate their wrinkly old (insert horrible image here)

True, but grim as fuck

Bruiser
07-20-11, 6:28 pm
True, but grim as fuck

Hahahaha