PDA

View Full Version : Worst fucking thing about my gym is...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

N. Motta
07-20-11, 6:30 pm
I don't believe I've felt more violated with anything that's ever happened in the gym, and that's with other guys telling me that 'Damn girl - you've got big boobies.'

Nope - not even that beats out what happened today.

That is pretty cheap.

Shahabidabi
10-15-11, 2:35 pm
So, Im currently deployed to a little COP in Afghanistan, our gym is open air with only a mesh sun shade covering it. It is about 16 ft wide by about 40 ft long. We have a bunch of equipment crammed in this little space so everything pice of equipment is inches from a different piece. So, Im in there a couple days ago on the bench, which is located next to the squat racks, when these two guys walk in and start "working out" which they do about the same time every day. They come in do a couple sets of completely random exercises and then leave about 15 min later. So I'm on the bench when they are doing hanging leg raises on one of the squat racks and the guy who isn't doing the exercise pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking right in the middle of the fucking gym. I'm thinking what the fuck is this idiot doing, but he just sits there smoking until I finish my set and tell him to get the fuck out, he just looks at me like i got a dick growing out of my forehead, who the hell smokes in a gym. Thats one thing I really hate about being here, noone cares, noone re-racks their weights and you have to spend half your time in the gym looking for the weights your looking for and they just leave their water bottle everywhere. I will usually try to clean up a little after my workout and it averages about a dozen or so water bottles I have to throw away every day. Its fucking rediculous.

TruePower
10-15-11, 8:39 pm
That's fucking terrible man.......:|

mnmvilla2002
10-16-11, 10:45 am
Man i know what u mean about the water bottles. Most gyms I been to in Iraq have TCN's working there but I was at one base that had a small tent gym. No body to watch it so of course it was messy. I get in and use my warm up time to unrack plates off the bars and put them away. If you do it fast it is a good warm up, lol. And like you after I finish my workout I would walk around and pick up the half or almost full still water bottles. The said thing is there is a trash can on the way out.
Keep pushing that weight and stay safe.

Jay
10-17-11, 5:40 am
Man that sucks.. Some people just dont care.. I hate finding sweat stains on the headrest of the benches at my gym.

TinyHulk
10-18-11, 12:39 am
I have found people like this throughout my whole life...and sometimes you just gotta remmbber you can't stop stupid people fr om doing stupid things...don't sweat the small stuff man. Just think everytime they light up they are losing years off their life.

Wycked
10-18-11, 1:21 am
There's nothing worse than ppl that have respect for the gym and other people that use it. Ur circumstances r even more dire in the sense that u have limited space and resources so u would think these douche bags u soeak of would clean up after themselves and not smoke around someone that is trying to train seriously.

This shit happens everyday everywhere and its due to the fact that everyone that is a fairweather gym goer or loser that trains to impress chicks has very little respect for the gym etiquette true gym lovers like us have.

violator
10-18-11, 1:02 pm
...I get in and use my warm up time to unrack plates off the bars and put them away. If you do it fast it is a good warm up, lol..

Great attitude there bro, i like ur mindset...

TinyHulk
10-19-11, 12:30 am
Dont kno if this was said or not yet...if so my bad...but people who don't leave their ego at the door. I hate it when im in the zone and people are watching and staring you down....

Big Wides
10-19-11, 8:34 am
New Globo fuck up - gym was closed for two weeks so they could paint shit on the walls and leave the broken equipement still broke. you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig

Funky
10-19-11, 8:49 am
Only thing that sucks about my gym since it is my home gym is that as I get stronger I have to buy more weights and bars, and chains, and bands. Still cheaper than a gym membership LOL

benzbilly
10-29-11, 11:51 am
Wow, I can't believe this thread is still around. I've changed gyms a few times since I first replied here but the gripes are still the same. The latest gym is a polar opposite of the previous gym but it's within walking distance to my girls(our) apt and dirt-ass cheap. It is kinda small but if I go early in the morning or in the afternoon on the weekend it's not too bad. I was reading through the thread and came accross this:

1. It is outside in Iraq
2. It was 130 degrees this summer.
3. Can't lift in a dust storm.
4. All the weights are dirty.
5. People who don't wear deodorant.
6. Only 4-45 lb plates in the whole gym.
7. It's about the size of a single wide trailer.
8. 1 well placed mortar round kills everyone at the gym.
9. No squat rack
10. I could go on for awhile so I'll stop there.

Going home in a few days though and I still made some nice gains in the last year so fuck it. I will never take a decent gym for granted again.

So, um, I guess my gym isn't all that bad.

Medford
10-29-11, 12:26 pm
just changed gyms again, this time because of location, right where I live. can't really complain about my new gym, it's pretty sweet.

old gym: uneven floors, almost tripped on them about a dozen times

Henious
11-01-11, 8:16 pm
So common these days... I see it everyhwere. That is the kind of shit you will never get away with at a real gym. Peace, G

I agree with you and freak. I work at a gym and its the worse reorganizing the plates dumbbells...Everything... I mean if your gunna be there pretty much every day show some respect for your home away from home.

FiremanDan
11-02-11, 1:24 am
A-freakin-men Henious. well said.

anuheakane
11-02-11, 11:02 pm
I agree with you and freak. I work at a gym and its the worse reorganizing the plates dumbbells...Everything... I mean if your gunna be there pretty much every day show some respect for your home away from home.

Amen to that! Rack them up right, never thrown them around.

At the gym I go to there seem like a trend to bring your girl and make her rack on/off the plates between sets. Worse, they literally throw the plates off the bar. Show off your chick and disrespect the gym...not cool.

Grue
11-04-11, 4:06 am
At the gym I go to there seem like a trend to bring your girl and make her rack on/off the plates between sets. Worse, they literally throw the plates off the bar. Show off your chick and disrespect the gym...not cool.

So next thing, they (the girls) gonna start wiping the "sweat" of their (boyfriends) forehead for them and maybe later lift the weights as well?

Beowulf
11-04-11, 12:14 pm
So next thing, they (the girls) gonna start wiping the "sweat" of their (boyfriends) forehead for them and maybe later lift the weights as well?

Yes. And some reiki in between sets to start the muscle healing process.

FiremanDan
11-05-11, 8:15 pm

I may not always clean the chalk off the bar (granted i think i'm about the only person in my firehouse who uses it) but my weights are always racked. If they won't fit on a rack, as is sometimes the case, I'll arrange them as neatly as possible. I always try to make the gym look clean as it is a public facility.

Haack_on_Attack
11-05-11, 8:32 pm
old men falling asleep on machines

the 18, 19s that work out in groups of 6 in the dumbbell area

the guys who stop their set to check their txt messages

the 10 minute rest periods

the unracked barbells

anuheakane
11-07-11, 12:58 pm

Just about. With their (the girls) attitude...they can probably squat 360lbs...just the attitude lol

NJC_Manhattan
11-07-11, 9:30 pm
The brah that pretends to wipe the sweat off his face with his shirt like 10+ times to show off abs. That move is almost as douchey as cellphone guy or workout interrupting conversation guy.

Kain81
05-24-12, 10:59 pm
I know 'biggest pet peeve' post have been done - but thought i'd share this list.
I posted it up no FB and my buddies listed another 20 comments below it.
Anyway - just for humor here ya go:

I hate you if… -
-If you are dropping 35lb dumbbells like their 100’s. If you can’t put it down, then don’t pick it up.
-If your sporting TAP OUT gear from head to toe but the last fight you were in was on the playground. Seriously.
-If you sit on a goddamn bench/machine for half a goddamn hr and only put up 2 sets of two light ass reps in between your texting and fucking with your iphone.
-If you come to the gym and wander. Don’t fucking wander around. Get out of my way and do something, anything to warrant you actually being here other than so you can claim ‘yeah I put hour and a half at the ol’gym yesterday. You douche.
-If stand up on the shoulder press and do shrugs. I not only hate you but seriously want to punch you in your fist high midsection. Get down and use the machines for what they are actually meant for.
-If you work out with anything more than 3 guys. This is not a social club. Do not bring 6 of your fucking friends and family and stand around one machine. This is not
sprint. That does not get you a discount.
-If you are wearing shorts shorter than my girl. This is not 1973 NBA and I do not ever want to see your balls on my bench.
-If you are drinking a fucking Starbucks cold frapaccino with sprinkles on it… seriously. I’ve seen it. coffee I understand. But that is refuckingdiculous.
-If you wear anything mesh. Anything.
-If you get out 5 sets of dumbbells and take up two benches pretending to be soooo damn hardcore.
-If you grunt like an hippo in heat. I understand a grunt or a groan when it’s back breaking heavy or your running till failure. But if you walk in and grunt like someone’s
sticking a unlubed baseball bat up your ass , you might seriously find one up there soon. STFU no one is going to look at you.
-If you wear sunglasses in the gym. Why of mother of god would you wear fucking sunglasses in a dimly lit gym. I’m open to answers on this one because I am at a total loss.
-If you come in and work out in jeans/flip flops/polo shirts/etc just go home.
-If you come in with more than one cell phone clipped to your arms/legs/belt and you are not a doctor , I not only hate you but you are a supreme douche.
-If you take a phone call on the treadmill next to me and yell about how your Aunt Rosie should totally be able to fit in one airplane seat.
-If you are wearing wrist wraps while doing any pushing exercise , you might as well have a jock strap on your forehead. Read the instructions. Learn how to use what you buy.
-If you are morbidly obese and wearing spandex. For the love of god spandex is a PRIVELAGE not a RIGHT.
-If you leave your weights out when you’re done. Unless your mother works out here, pick up after your goddamn self.
-If you stand at the squat rack and curl the bar I might seriously injure you within minutes.
-If you move my towel/bag to use the machine I was on and claim ‘ you didn’t know’
-If you are taking up more than one bench/machine ever.
-If you pile on a insane amount of weight and do half reps with jacked form. No one is impressed.
-If you walk around and do ‘karate’ moves in the mirror. You are not a ninja. No one is impressed and we all know you don’t know shit. If you do, you wouldn’t. period.

Feel free to add to this below.

masonjc
05-25-12, 12:13 am
I know 'biggest pet peeve' post have been done - but thought i'd share this list.

I hate you if… -
-If you are dropping 35lb dumbbells like their 100’s. If you can’t put it down, then don’t pick it up.
-If your sporting TAP OUT gear from head to toe but the last fight you were in was on the playground. Seriously.
-If you sit on a goddamn bench/machine for half a goddamn hr and only put up 2 sets of two light ass reps in between your texting and fucking with your iphone.
-If you come to the gym and wander. Don’t fucking wander around. Get out of my way and do something, anything to warrant you actually being here other than so you can claim ‘yeah I put hour and a half at the ol’gym yesterday. You douche.
-If stand up on the shoulder press and do shrugs. I not only hate you but seriously want to punch you in your fist high midsection. Get down and use the machines for what they are actually meant for.
-If you work out with anything more than 3 guys. This is not a social club. Do not bring 6 of your fucking friends and family and stand around one machine. This is not
-If you are wearing shorts shorter than my girl. This is not 1973 NBA and I do not ever want to see your balls on my bench.
-If you are drinking a fucking Starbucks cold frapaccino with sprinkles on it… seriously. I’ve seen it. coffee I understand. But that is refuckingdiculous.
-If you get out 5 sets of dumbbells and take up two benches pretending to be soooo damn hardcore.
-If you grunt like an hippo in heat. I understand a grunt or a groan when it’s back breaking heavy or your running till failure. But if you walk in and grunt like someone’s
sticking a unlubed baseball bat up your ass , you might seriously find one up there soon. STFU no one is going to look at you.
-If you wear sunglasses in the gym. Why of mother of god would you wear fucking sunglasses in a dimly lit gym. I’m open to answers on this one because I am at a total loss.
-If you come in with more than one cell phone clipped to your arms/legs/belt and you are not a doctor , I not only hate you but you are a supreme douche.
-If you take a phone call on the treadmill next to me and yell about how your Aunt Rosie should totally be able to fit in one airplane seat.
-If you are wearing wrist wraps while doing any pushing exercise , you might as well have a jock strap on your forehead. Read the instructions. Learn how to use what you buy.
-If you are morbidly obese and wearing spandex. For the love of god spandex is a PRIVELAGE not a RIGHT.
-If you leave your weights out when you’re done. Unless your mother works out here, pick up after your goddamn self.
-If you stand at the squat rack and curl the bar I might seriously injure you within minutes.
-If you move my towel/bag to use the machine I was on and claim ‘ you didn’t know’
-If you pile on a insane amount of weight and do half reps with jacked form. No one is impressed.
-If you walk around and do ‘karate’ moves in the mirror. You are not a ninja. No one is impressed and we all know you don’t know shit. If you do, you wouldn’t. period.

Lol, these are awesome.. so true.. well done

Just Nick
05-25-12, 7:41 am
When someone interrupts you in the middle of a heavy ass set to ask if you are using a set of plates on the other side of the gym...... I always get that one....

B.S.
05-25-12, 8:14 am
i hate when people have to express hate about stupid shit, to each their own.

Big Wides
05-25-12, 8:14 am

I hate you if… -
--If you come to the gym and wander. Don’t fucking wander around. Get out of my way and do something, anything to warrant you actually being here other than so you can claim ‘yeah I put hour and a half at the ol’gym yesterday. You douche.

I guess you hate me since I do three of those above. I wander from time to time in the gym thinking about what to do next in my session. I've worked out with 4-5 guys at a time on occasion and I always curl in the squat rack.

J Wong
05-25-12, 8:25 am

Luckily I go to the YMCA with my Mom.

PORTERHOUSE
05-25-12, 11:17 am
I avoid overly judgemental pricks

G Diesel
05-25-12, 11:36 am
My biggest pet peeve is whiners with laundry lists of pet peeves. I feel like a pussy just typing the words "pet peeves". When I hear the words in my head, my serum test drops.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
05-25-12, 11:41 am
My biggest pet peeve is whiners with laundry lists of pet peeves. I feel like a pussy just typing the words "pet peeves". When I hear the words in my head, my serum test drops.

Peace, G

Serum test or free test? Or both???

R-Man
05-25-12, 12:07 pm
1) If your on my favorite eliptical (the one that actually works) & your half assin' it, I hate you.

2) If im on the treadmill & im the only one on, theres 10 others available, and I dont know you. DO NOT get on the one next to me. Mr or Mrs Oblivious, I hate you!

3) If I pick up a dumbell & its looser than Jenna Jamesons box, I blame it on the youngin's. Cant stand some of these lil fuckers at my gym.

4) Do not ask me what im sippin' on. Mind your own business. I will tell you its chrystal meth & tylenol pm. (Its really A7 or bcaa stack).

5) These 2 old woman who bicker about oven cleaner....

6) These middle aged ugly women with flat pancake asses who compliment me on my shoulders & arms. Is Richard flattered? Yea, I was at first. Not anymore. Go away.

- If I think of more, trust in that I will add.

Honey Badger
05-25-12, 12:44 pm
that is right bro..One thing That pissses me off is that there are people who work out and leave the plates on the floor and dont pick them up. Or in other cases leave them on the rack, making me loose time grabbing the damm plates and placing them back where they belong or not cleaning the machines after they use them." that is where the gym ethics must be apply

Honey Badger
05-25-12, 12:57 pm
one thing i remember was that doing 5 series of 20 reps with 45 pounds on both sides im bench press my face had turned purple of the efforts I was doing to make that last rep in the series . And here comes a dumbs ass skinny " spinning instructor" Telling me that dont do that or you might get a stroke." I told him" Fuck off" shit I was doing this kinda workout for the past 15 years and here comes a instructor who didnt know squat how I trainned . seems that he didnt like it for I was called to Administration . Told me again" After my rutine was done.." Two hours later they told me the same BS. People who dont know me .Shouldnt pre judge me " I hate those people

Kain81
05-25-12, 12:58 pm
To all of you 'knocking' either my list - or anyone else 'pet peeves' about the gym - you clicked on a thread called - "worst fucking thing about my gym is" ... and it has 65 pages of thread responses - obviously quite a few people enjoy venting about the bullshit at their gym - if you don't like reading their rants , don't click on the thread. and if you don't have anything to add to it but knocking the OP or current posters - why add to it at all?

Big Joe
05-25-12, 1:01 pm
Dont let the petty shit get to you boyz, people doing stupid shit at the gym is just part of life. I remember being a skinny 14 yr old, pimple faced dweeb, just starting to train without a fucking clue and I know I did a lot of stupid shit also, but thats how you learn. Everyone there is trying to better themselves, take a second to put yourself in someone elses shoes before you condemn them.

PORTERHOUSE
05-25-12, 1:03 pm
To all of you 'knocking' either my list - or anyone else 'pet peeves' about the gym - you clicked on a thread called - "worst fucking thing about my gym is" ... and it has 65 pages of thread responses - obviously quite a few people enjoy venting about the bullshit at their gym - if you don't like reading their rants , don't click on the thread. and if you don't have anything to add to it but knocking the OP or current posters - why add to it at all?

I'll pm you some kleenex so you can take care of those tears :(

xrealityapproachesx
05-25-12, 1:08 pm
worst thing about my gym is that you're not allowed to use the nice equipment they keep special for their parisi speed school and crossfit classes. these classes almost never use the shit and have been using the reverse hyper as a table for their gym bags.
i started using the RH anyway and now they've locked it up with some dumb wire.
fuck galaxy fitness club in irwin pa.

G Diesel
05-25-12, 1:30 pm
Serum test or free test? Or both???

Both.

Probably true. Fair enough.

Peace, G

braves561
09-08-12, 11:35 am
man... i hate these things. you cant even get a good sweat going because its 60 degrees or colder. why do they air condition gyms? WHY?!?!

Solid Dreams
09-08-12, 11:42 am
If you can't sweat in a gym with air conditioning, you aren't working hard enough.

braves561
09-08-12, 11:49 am
If you can't sweat in a gym with air conditioning, you aren't working hard enough.

go back and read my original post slowly this time.

oh and by the way, 30+ sets in under an hour isn't hard enough? psh please. when my nose is running and i have goosebumps from it being so cold, thats not a good thing.

deanna7272
09-08-12, 1:01 pm
I've trained at a gym (20+ years) with no ac and less than optimal heat in the winter and believe me, I have bitched and moaned my share, but training where they have the opposite, I often feel the same way. I guess it's what you know, what you have available, and what you can tolerate. . .

World Eater
09-08-12, 1:07 pm
I'd love to not sweat for once, haha.

FITGYM
09-08-12, 1:11 pm
My gym is Hardcore and it has central air. I set summer temp at 76 degrees and winter temp at 65 degrees. i haven't had any complaints and when the outside temp is between these 2 temps I open the doors and skylights and exhaust fans and everyone from doing cardio or weights get a good sweat year round

Solid Dreams
09-08-12, 1:12 pm
go back and read my original post slowly this time.

oh and by the way, 30+ sets in under an hour isn't hard enough? psh please. when my nose is running and i have goosebumps from it being so cold, thats not a good thing.

Worked out in gyms that are just as cold as that, still was completely soaked. I'd prefer a gym with air conditioning honestly, the one I'm at, while awesome, is open air and it fucks up my allergies.

zubda345
09-08-12, 2:39 pm
When I do some conditioning exercises in my room while AC is on and it's all cool in the room I still sweat... talking about the gyms...all the gyms I have been to have NO AC!! I sometimes have to train without electricity in the gym, even when it's dark...

To speak my mind... I want an AC in my gym in summers... and on the other hand... AC is not necessary...

If you have a running nose and you getting those chilly goosebumps, it surely is bad. Wear a hoody or something I would say...

Big C
09-08-12, 4:41 pm
Call me a puss or whatever but I have a hard time training in gyms with no AC.....it's hard for my body to handle and I'm not extremely well conditioned at the moment.

My gym has 2 small window ACs and I have no problem working up a good sweat when I'm busting my ass day in and day out.

Cranky
09-08-12, 5:47 pm
Wear a hoody or something I would say...

Yeah really, you can always put more on but can only take so much off.

deanna7272
09-08-12, 6:22 pm
Call me a puss or whatever but I have a hard time training in gyms with no AC.....it's hard for my body to handle and I'm not extremely well conditioned at the moment.

My gym has 2 small window ACs and I have no problem working up a good sweat when I'm busting my ass day in and day out.

Would never do that, but.... How 'bout The Body Shop... We had the mirrors fogged up and the walls we sweating at the one ABC...lol.

Big C
09-08-12, 7:18 pm
Would never do that, but.... How 'bout The Body Shop... We had the mirrors fogged up and the walls we sweating at the one ABC...lol.

Haha yes I remember that. I like the Shop, it's never really bothered me before. It's always been pretty warm when I've trained there...never been there during the cold months.

Sprint
09-08-12, 8:41 pm
Back in the days of training in my old leaky garage, I distinctly remember one winter where in the glow of the single strip light, there was a thin curtain of snowflakes falling down the centre of the garage from one end to the other. That shit was cold.

I also remember another occasion when our boiler packed in, & we had no heat for days in the middle of winter, during the time where I split my training between garage & bedroom. I was repping out in my room, with the doors & windows closed & able to see my own breath. Solution...put more layers on if you need to.

Do what you can, with what you got.

P Diesel
09-08-12, 10:04 pm
who cares ... adapt and overcome. theres a heart beating in ur chest isnt there? find a way

P

JoshLandry
09-08-12, 10:53 pm
well i love training in a gym thats warm, New haven Powerhouse in the summer has the huge garage doors open and its hot but i like it. My home town gym is has central air and its not extremely cold but i deff can work up a huge sweat. personally for electric bill purposes i find it hard to believe a gym would set the temp to 60 or below but maybe.

ionacht
09-08-12, 11:39 pm
There's a First World Problem for you, a gym with AC.

Vrotsos991
09-09-12, 12:59 am

Love that place. Humid in the summers and cool in the winters. Only way!

deanna7272
09-09-12, 1:19 am
Love that place. Humid in the summers and cool in the winters. Only way!

Like I said Andy, it's what we know... All the cool cats train there anyway... (we are including Big C, he's an honorary member...lol)

BigChrisF
09-09-12, 4:32 am
I love air conditioning. When it's really hot and humid in the gym, I just don't want to move. The cold doesn't bother me though. I can work up a sweat regardless of the temperature.

zubda345
09-09-12, 9:26 am
Yeah really, you can always put more on but can only take so much off.

Kai greene always trains with his Hoodie on...

zubda345
09-09-12, 9:29 am
I also WOULD LOVE Airconditioning in my gyms I train....

Big Wides
09-10-12, 8:12 am
man... i hate these things. you cant even get a good sweat going because its 60 degrees or colder. why do they air condition gyms? WHY?!?!

the reason why they air conidition gyms is to make them comfortable for everyone else who is in there. People have different tolerances for heat/cold and an air conditioned gym makes easy for people to be comfortable while working out. Also, rememeber that gyms are a business and are there to make money (espically if it is commercial gym), people are more likely to join a gym that has air conditioning than one who doesnt.

At the end of the day, like my homeslice P Disel said overcome it and adapt your training.

PORTERHOUSE
09-11-12, 12:35 pm
I just did cardio under a vent that was blasting me with freezing air, still soaked like I had just gotten out of a shower.

Aggression
09-11-12, 12:56 pm
who cares ... adapt and overcome. theres a heart beating in ur chest isnt there? find a way

P

This^. I'd rather have a gym with less than optimal temperature conditions but has chains, boards, bands, power racks, and heavy dumbbells compared to the opposite. As long as I have the right tools for the job, I can get it done whether its 60d or 100d.

Bard of Rage
09-11-12, 3:39 pm
That I haven't been there more than three times in as many weeks. Night shift, sickness, and lethargy are a bad combination.

Altered Beast
09-11-12, 4:01 pm
I wish no women and "fitness" type trainers were allowed at my gym, DAMNIT! It is a hardcore warehouse gym and I know they need money.....

Nix0r
09-11-12, 4:05 pm
I wish no women and "fitness" type trainers were allowed at my gym, DAMNIT! It is a hardcore warehouse gym and I know they need money.....

You would have been in heaven if you were around before 1848.

Big Wides
09-11-12, 4:29 pm
People who don't fucking pick up after themselves.

So common these days... I see it everyhwere. That is the kind of shit you will never get away with at a real gym. Peace, G

just wiping the dust off these orginials from 07

deanna7272
09-11-12, 5:24 pm

Yea, me too...
*cough, cough*

B.D.Smash
09-11-12, 7:49 pm
I have some good news and bad news...last night i did four full sets of 14 reps using the 45kgs dumbbells on DB press.

The bad news....thats the biggest db's in my gym.

Not happy about and fucking ecstatic about that at the same time as i've been trying to get that out for months and finally have.

So...now i have to find a new gym i'm thinking.

B.D.Smash
09-11-12, 7:52 pm
Yea, me too...
*cough, cough*

Got no problem training with anyone as long as they are there to train and not talk.

A lot of the PT's in my gym are not worth the skin their printed on in terms of how they train their clients. A lot of them are new and don't seem dreadfully fit themselves. They tend to flog the shit out of newbies who can't come back to the gym for about a week because they are so damn sore.

Its good they train them hard but not when they've never done it before.

I really need to find a hardcore gym. Fitness first is okay if you're starting out but they've run out of steel in the DB department. If anyone knows a good gym in Brisbane, Australia like this, please let me know.

deanna7272
09-11-12, 10:46 pm
Got no problem training with anyone as long as they are there to train and not talk.

A lot of the PT's in my gym are not worth the skin their printed on in terms of how they train their clients. A lot of them are new and don't seem dreadfully fit themselves. They tend to flog the shit out of newbies who can't come back to the gym for about a week because they are so damn sore.

Its good they train them hard but not when they've never done it before.

I really need to find a hardcore gym. Fitness first is okay if you're starting out but they've run out of steel in the DB department. If anyone knows a good gym in Brisbane, Australia like this, please let me know.

I was referring to the women part...lol.

I definitely understand what you're saying though...

BigChrisF
09-12-12, 3:46 am
I have some good news and bad news...last night i did four full sets of 14 reps using the 45kgs dumbbells on DB press.

The bad news....thats the biggest db's in my gym.

Not happy about and fucking ecstatic about that at the same time as i've been trying to get that out for months and finally have.

So...now i have to find a new gym i'm thinking.

On more than one occasion I have duct taped small weights to the sides of big dumbells. Then I try to hide them so the gym nanny doesn't find my handy-work and undo it.

Big Wides
09-12-12, 8:09 am

are you kidding me, i'm sorry but no matter how hardcore a gym is, it is always nice to have some female company training.

Altered Beast
09-12-12, 8:35 am
are you kidding me, i'm sorry but no matter how hardcore a gym is, it is always nice to have some female company training.

I strongly disagree. Your attention should be focused on your female at home, and on the weights while training.

You would have been in heaven if you were around before 1848.

Nix, that was lame. I expect MORE from you!

DLB
09-12-12, 9:16 am
No squat rack at my gym, just a smith machine. No worries though, I bought my own and now leg day happens in the garage.

Brasil
09-12-12, 6:18 pm
I workout at home now but i used to hate the stupid high school kids that come in packs of 10, sit around machines waiting for their buddies, talking loud the whole fucking time and making their friends laugh when they are in the middle of their workouts. than leaving benches with a pool for sweat.

deanna7272
09-12-12, 6:38 pm
I strongly disagree. Your attention should be focused on your female at home, and on the weights while training.

Why are the women so distracting to your workout? You are there to train, right? What is your issue with them? Is it because they are a cardio bunny? Talk too much? Lack of knowledge? Or is it that you can't separate the gym from the local nudie bar.... Those of us that take our training seriously are also annoyed when we see someone at the gym that blur the lines of etiquette and become creeps. You should at least respect those that take their training seriously.

I'm sorry if you have to deal with the occasional "cardio bunny" and believe me, they piss me off sometimes also, but but believe me, there are more woman now that put in the time and deserve respect. We should NOT be lumped into a category because of our gender. I know a lot of guys that are uneducated assholes in the gym, but that doesn't mean that all men should be banished...

Cellardweller
09-12-12, 7:56 pm
Everyone is at the gym to better themselves. Even the peeps who just walk on the treadmill and watch TV. When you look at someone and they're doing something you wouldn't, just remember you have no clue what their goals are or what kind of medical condition or injuries they have. You can't be quick to judge. And if the women at the gym are a distraction then you and your woman (if you have one) at home need to sort some things out.

Appollonian
09-12-12, 8:05 pm
Why are the women so distracting to your workout? You are there to train, right? What is your issue with them? Is it because they are a cardio bunny? Talk too much? Lack of knowledge? Or is it that you can't separate the gym from the local nudie bar.... Those of us that take our training seriously are also annoyed when we see someone at the gym that blur the lines of etiquette and become creeps. You should at least respect those that take their training seriously.

I'm sorry if you have to deal with the occasional "cardio bunny" and believe me, they piss me off sometimes also, but but believe me, there are more woman now that put in the time and deserve respect. We should NOT be lumped into a category because of our gender. I know a lot of guys that are uneducated assholes in the gym, but that doesn't mean that all men should be banished...

Right; I don't care what gender, ethnicity, age, or reason for being at the gym, if you're doing your thing, that's awesome! If you're just shooting the crap, why are you there?

I've seen lots of "distractions" at the gym and guess what? I still kill the weights and pay them no extra attention.

To categorically deny the right to any group to train is beyond my comprehension. If my gym banned power lifters or "cardio bunnys", I'd leave too. And my gym might be "fitnessy", but it also has folks benching, squatting, and pulling in the 5-600 lb range, too.

MAB
09-12-12, 9:15 pm
There are certain things I find aggrivating as all get out. Like people not putting weights back, or not wiping off the obvious puddle of sweat they've left behind on the bench, but hey, whatever... I roll with the punches.

Mainly my anger comes from ppl interfering with my workout. Like the trainer who dropped a weight, which rolled and almost took out my ankle. It'd be nice if all I had to do was focus on my workout and not surviving the gym and the people who work there. Or men who don't pay me the same courtesy they do other men, walking so close to me and my bench that they're bumping into my weights AS I'M LIFTING, but they make sure to give other dudes a wide berth... it's frustrating, but I still manage and my anger is only momentary bc I get my head back in the game. I'm there for myself, not to socialize, not to scope out the opposite sex, and definitely not to be someone else's eye candy.

Also, keep in mind that people don't all start at the same level... If I see someone who is bigger, super skinny, or obviously just starting out, but they're trying hard I think, "Good for you!" and I shoot them a smile bc we all have to start somewhere. The point is about bettering yourself, pushing yourself, shaping yourself into who you want to be, and sculpting your body or increasing your strength to satisfy your needs/ desires.

Big C
09-12-12, 10:17 pm

I agree brother. Besides, most of the chicks in my gym train harder than the guys in there and most are probably stronger. They have earned my respect.

There is this one squirrly guy who thinks he knows it all and is training a girl who actually puts him to shame. Makes me laugh every time. I'd rather train around a bunch of hardcore chicks than a bunch of pussy men.

Altered Beast
09-13-12, 8:35 am
I agree brother. Besides, most of the chicks in my gym train harder than the guys in there and most are probably stronger. They have earned my respect.

There is this one squirrly guy who thinks he knows it all and is training a girl who actually puts him to shame. Makes me laugh every time. I'd rather train around a bunch of hardcore chicks than a bunch of pussy men.

All of y'all are starting to give me the impression that y'all are all very very single.

Christman
09-13-12, 8:45 am
There are certain things I find aggrivating as all get out. Like people not putting weights back, or not wiping off the obvious puddle of sweat they've left behind on the bench, but hey, whatever... I roll with the punches.

Mainly my anger comes from ppl interfering with my workout. Like the trainer who dropped a weight, which rolled and almost took out my ankle. It'd be nice if all I had to do was focus on my workout and not surviving the gym and the people who work there. Or men who don't pay me the same courtesy they do other men, walking so close to me and my bench that they're bumping into my weights AS I'M LIFTING, but they make sure to give other dudes a wide berth... it's frustrating, but I still manage and my anger is only momentary bc I get my head back in the game. I'm there for myself, not to socialize, not to scope out the opposite sex, and definitely not to be someone else's eye candy.

Also, keep in mind that people don't all start at the same level... If I see someone who is bigger, super skinny, or obviously just starting out, but they're trying hard I think, "Good for you!" and I shoot them a smile bc we all have to start somewhere. The point is about bettering yourself, pushing yourself, shaping yourself into who you want to be, and sculpting your body or increasing your strength to satisfy your needs/ desires.

This is exactly how I feel, could not have said it any better.

Nix0r
09-13-12, 9:08 am
All of y'all are starting to give me the impression that y'all are all very very single.

Nope.

IronWilson
09-13-12, 12:04 pm

I have always found that when I see a good looking girl at the gym, for some reason it makes me train harder (I'm not trying to show off either because they are not in the same room). I think it activates a primal instinct in a man's brain that makes them work harder. You can make it work for you.

Theres nothing wrong with appreciating the beauty of a female. Now hitting on them is a completely different story. What girl wants to be hit on when shes all sweaty and trying to run on a treadmill?

deanna7272
09-13-12, 10:51 pm
This shouldn't refer to anything sexual to begin with, PanterA stated that he didn't want women at his gym. So be it. People were asked what the "worst f'kin thing about their gym is"... I was just asking him what the issue was that HE had.

AND just to clarify, all of those that responded did not deserve that "dig" about being single. That correlation is ridiculous. If I'm thinking correctly, I believe that all of the guys that replied have either trained with me, or around me, from one time or another and not a one of them have EVER crossed the lines of decency and respect and by knowing their character, they would never.

I'm not saying that I am in the "category" of woman that he is wanting out of his gym, but I do command the respect from those around me in the gym. I can hold my own and I know many woman that train a helluva lot harder than some men.

I'm sure if PanterA watched the vids of Ambre squatting 600 lbs at The Cage this past year, his tune would change... UNLESS, he IS the one looking at things in a sexual way. If so the vids of DLB pressing her body weight for a crapload of reps may have him thinking twice... Either way, we have earned our right, as he has with his opinion... What is that saying, "opinions are like assholes, we all have one.." ((Some people just show theirs more than others))

Big C
09-14-12, 12:13 am
I could give two shits if I'm single or not single, what does that have to do with anything. I'm there to train and I prefer it to be around those who share the same philosophy - male or female.

Blondie Weapon X
09-14-12, 12:19 am

P

agree P D! thump! thump!

Cranky
10-06-12, 7:44 pm
Saw the worst thing about my gym this morning. A few months ago in Flex, Zack Kahn ran a pic and went on a tirade about some dude pumped up with synthol trying to set a world record. Well when I got to the gym, there he was being filmed by a Japanese film crew. I knew this dude trained at my gym, but never seen him, I train in the mornings. Looking at that was fucking rediculous! Focus has never been a problem, but seeing that bugged the shit out of me. Seeing that made me proud of the gains Ive made without having to cheat with some half assed short cut like squirting oil into my arms. What a joke.
It was kinda like someone throwing up next to you, you can pretend like its not happening, but you know its there.

Cellardweller
10-07-12, 12:15 pm
Is this the guy with "the world's biggest bicepts" who also has forearms smaller than my 3 year old grandson's? Why do they give freaks like this attention? It only encourages use of those kinds of chemicals. So useing oils is OK, but steroids are bad? The media has its head up its ass.

1JFS3
10-07-12, 1:21 pm
Starers.

TotalxWar
10-07-12, 2:00 pm
the worst thing about the gym i just quit was their damn crossfit team. they called it crossfit supernova if you care to look up these fruits and laugh. they would take up the whole back side of the gym and do a bunch of WODs this dude made up. they never made any sense. and they were all weak as hell with big cocky attitudes.
the final straw was when i got kicked off the reverse hyper so that they could use it to keep their gym bags and other garbage on.

Cranky
10-08-12, 6:20 am
Is this the guy with "the world's biggest bicepts" who also has forearms smaller than my 3 year old grandson's? Why do they give freaks like this attention? It only encourages use of those kinds of chemicals. So useing oils is OK, but steroids are bad? The media has its head up its ass.

Yeah, thats him. I see nothing wrong with pumping some gas cause you still have to put in the work to get bigger, but this was plain silly.

World Eater
10-08-12, 2:05 pm
Well, he did admit to drinking protein shakes to aid his growth so that makes it alright...

Firefist
10-09-12, 11:35 am
1. It is outside in Iraq.
2. It was 130 degrees this summer.
3. Can't lift in a dust storm.
4. All the weights are dirty.
5. People who don't wear deodorant.
6. Only 4-45 lb plates in the whole gym.
7. It's about the size of a single wide trailer.
8. 1 well placed mortar round kills everyone at the gym.
9. No squat rack
10. I could go on for awhile so I'll stop there.

Going home in a few days though and I still made some nice gains in the last year so fuck it. I will never take a decent gym for granted again.

We have nothing to complain about. Respect.

Adrenaline
11-11-12, 1:20 pm
A few months back I was warming up with barbell rows in the rack. I turned around to get a drink or something of the sorts..when I turned aroud some guy sniped my rack and was curling. Needless to say this never happened again

mike22
11-13-12, 8:45 pm

I hate you if… -

This plus please don't be that guy who comes in smelling like a garbage can in mid august BEFORE YOU EVEN LIFT, i understand if you work all day but there is a fucking limit some people just don't bathe, i was working the counter one day(it's a small family owned gym that i help out with time to time) and i literally followed this guy with febreeze spraying down where ever he left his must.

Tbrat
11-13-12, 9:55 pm

That is it for me.... if you are ever... and I mean fucking ever curling in the squat rack... you deserve your membership revoked. Just completely ignorant, nobody curls enough weight that they cant pick that same weight up off the floor with ease. It's even worse when you do it literally beside the premade barbell rack that go up to higher weights that you are currently using! These two guys were supersetting bench with barbell curls in the squat rack yesterday while i was doing legs... 5 squat racks... only one was being used for squats, rest were being used for curls or shrugs. I was choked... I almost loaded 315 on a bar and started using their benchpress bench as a box for box squats... next time its going to happen.

GoldenGains
11-16-12, 12:02 pm
- Dont come to the gym with your big notepad/clipboard/iPad. It doesnt make you anymore hardcore.

MikeNice
11-16-12, 8:36 pm
- Dont come to the gym with your big notepad/clipboard/iPad. It doesnt make you anymore hardcore.
Nope but keeping track of what you're doing helps prevent spinning your wheels. Every serious athlete I've talked to recommends keeping a log. It is much easier to do as you go.

paulatlas
12-14-12, 3:17 pm
Dude we had a newspaper lifter in my gym. At least till he heard me make fun of him, then he read no more!

Cellardweller
01-12-13, 2:36 pm
I walked into the gym today and it was buisness as usual. When I walked into the locker room there was a silk sunflower on top of each locker. Yes, I was in the men's locker room. WTF?

Cranky
01-12-13, 3:18 pm
I walked into the gym today and it was buisness as usual. When I walked into the locker room there was a silk sunflower on top of each locker. Yes, I was in the men's locker room. WTF?

Powerhouse Gym... sounds more like POWDERhouse Gym.... is this thing on???

Pitt
01-12-13, 3:27 pm
The worst is when some skinny punks leave their 185lbs racked on the bench for some little lady behind the desk to rack. No, I make them rack that shit.

SailinScotty
01-24-13, 11:42 am
Maybe these people are on to something.

http://thechive.com/2013/01/24/going-to-the-gym-is-a-great-opportunity-to-see-truly-bizarre-st-30-photos/

Bruiser
01-24-13, 11:58 am
My gym = my unheated garage... I win. Suck it up and train. At least you've got heat and not temps below zero... Lol

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/pierce76/image-1_zps24a5a2bd.jpg

Appollonian
01-24-13, 12:28 pm
The worst is when some skinny punks leave their 185lbs racked on the bench for some little lady behind the desk to rack. No, I make them rack that shit.

At my last gym this was at an epidemic level. It wasn't just "skinny punks" either. It wasn't unsual for 'big/strong' type folks benching/squatting 315-405+ to load it up, use it, then leave. I would go up to them, ask them if they were done, even when I knew they were, and they'd go "yeah, it's all yours". I'd say I didn't want it, just wondering why someone would leave the bar loaded. Every damn time they laughed and walked out, I unloaded the bar. I'm so glad to be done with that BS.

deanna7272
01-24-13, 12:51 pm
At my last gym this was at an epidemic level. It wasn't just "skinny punks" either. It wasn't unsual for 'big/strong' type folks benching/squatting 315-405+ to load it up, use it, then leave. I would go up to them, ask them if they were done, even when I knew they were, and they'd go "yeah, it's all yours". I'd say I didn't want it, just wondering why someone would leave the bar loaded. Every damn time they laughed and walked out, I unloaded the bar. I'm so glad to be done with that BS.

I had the same thing happen and I walked over to the guy (who as a matter if fact, balled his fist up at me when I had him in high school. He told me that if I didn't shut my f'in mouth he was going to f'in knock me out...niiiice huh?). and said, "are you done with those DBs?" He replies.. "Yea Sweetie, you can use them." I said, "no, I'm good, you need to rerack your shit. I'm not your mom and I'm sure as hell not getting paid to clean up after you"...

** mind you he no longer lifts, but is now married to my neighbor's daughter and they are menaces to our community... She's 20 years older than he is AND both are raging druggies... We have called the cops 7x already... Maybe I should've been nicer to him...lol.

Appollonian
01-24-13, 1:12 pm
I had the same thing happen and I walked over to the guy (who as a matter if fact, balled his fist up at me when I had him in high school. He told me that if I didn't shut my f'in mouth he was going to f'in knock me out...niiiice huh?). and said, "are you done with those DBs?" He replies.. "Yea Sweetie, you can use them." I said, "no, I'm good, you need to rerack your shit. I'm not your mom and I'm sure as hell not getting paid to clean up after you"...

** mind you he no longer lifts, but is now married to my neighbor's daughter and they are menaces to our community... She's 20 years older than he is AND both are raging druggies... We have called the cops 7x already... Maybe I should've been nicer to him...lol.

Wow... he sounds like someone who should probably already be in jail. If nobody stood up to the bullies of the world out of fear then they would all run causing chaos. I wouldn't leave my doors unlocked, though...

deanna7272
01-24-13, 2:44 pm
Wow... he sounds like someone who should probably already be in jail. If nobody stood up to the bullies of the world out of fear then they would all run causing chaos. I wouldn't leave my doors unlocked, though...

I had issues with him because as a senior he WAS bullying one of my freshman boys, called him a "retard"... I WENT OFF!!! I have a whole list of words that I do not allow my kids to say, and that's on top of my list!!!!

He is actually a felon, he broke into a remote title office, stole a safe and car titles, etc... He and the mayor's son... Funny thing is, he is on the street and the other guy is still locked up... Hmmm... Straight from the Police Chief's mouth, "Dee, we have him on 8 drug buys and he was only brought in on 4, charged with 2 and got "extreme probation"... Wtf??? He's like TEFLON!!! Nothing sticks... ((If you research Steubenville, Ohio and Jefferson County you will find, especially now with e rape case making National news, the corruption within our county... This is just MY issue, it runs SOO deep))

He's just a punk ass, protected by people in higher places than myself...

korn_fed
01-27-13, 7:22 pm
I've posted on this thread before, back when I used to train at New York Sports Club and my local YMCA. Since then I've moved on to train at the famous Bev Francis' Powerhouse Gym in Syosset, and I'm here to tell you guys that honestly, there IS no worst thing about this gym! Sure, you're always gonna have people that you don't agree with, guys who don't take off their plates or don't wipe down their sweat, whatever, that's gonna be anywhere you go. But honestly, if you live within half an hour to an hour from Syosset, NY, it's definitely worth checking out. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable, everything is kept clean and tight, there's all sorts of equipment from old school shit no the fancy new high tech gear, and everyone there is friendly. For instance, I was talking to a buddy of mine that works out there by the name of Clay. He's an amateur body builder, and this guy has legs comparable to Tom Platz (I know, that's a bold statement, but his legs are fucking ridiculous!). I was squatting one day like I normally do, trying to hit a heavier weight than normal and asked him for a spot. He says yea, sure no problem, and I proceed to bang out three or four reps with this new weight, but I realize I'm not getting low enough. He says good job to me, and I thank him, but I'm like "Clay, I can't get any fucking lower with this new weight!" So Clay, keep in mind that he's in the middle of his own workout, sets up his own squat rack, and proceeds to demonstrate and explain for about 15-20 minutes why I should squat with a whole new stance, and breaks down every intricate detail as to why I should do it that way. So sure enough, I did as he said, and voila, just like that I got my ass down to the grass with that heavier weight. This is the kind of people that go to Bev's; they're all big-hearted people, who love to help out. Once you join and start training there, it's kinda like a big family. You start knowing everybody, and soon enough you're spending half an hour as soon as you walk in just saying hi, catching up on what people did for their holidays, etc.

I'm not getting paid to write this post and I definitely don't work for Bev's, but I encourage anyone who lives near Syosset to come train with me for a few days and test the waters. They have a promotion where if you print out a flyer from their website, you get a one week free trial.

If anyone is interested in coming down, PM me!

Tauscheck
02-01-13, 12:25 am
This goes probaly for every gym but.....The month of January
The 2nd half of the years a ghost town in my gym. I understand new people trying to get into the gym and workout but by March, I will never see them again

papercut
04-02-13, 5:10 am
bumping this for the guys who bring their "weak" friends in the gym, not to get them motivated to lift but to basically show off in front of them and discourage their efforts. I see it all the time in the teenagers that workout at my gym. pisses me off every time.

Enforcer
04-02-13, 11:56 am
This never used to bother me as much but now its just getting fuckin annoying. People who dont know how to properly stack a weight tree. Seriously who loads the 45's up top and then put a 10 behind a few 35's? Its not that fuckin hard

IrishMike
04-02-13, 12:17 pm
I can't stand that kind of stuff.

The worse beating i ever gave anyone was for someone pushing my handicapped uncle down and calling him a f****ing retard.

I was only 16 and the guy was well into his 30's.

I'm sure he still remembers

Jay_de
04-02-13, 5:40 pm
This never used to bother me as much but now its just getting fuckin annoying. People who dont know how to properly stack a weight tree. Seriously who loads the 45's up top and then put a 10 behind a few 35's? Its not that fuckin hard

THIS.

I had to move a few 45's to get to a 25 just yesterday.

Since a majority of the gyms in my area are family fitness centers, I'm kind of forced to work with what I've got. Only one of the locations has a squat rack, so I tend to rotate through them depending on what I'm working that day. It seems like every time I'm in there (any of them) I'm being told something different as to what's acceptable and what isn't.

Last week, I'm reprimanded for doing Barbell Presses.
Yesterday, at the location with the squat rack, I'm told that there's no deadlifting allowed (even though I'd been doing them there forever without anyone ever saying anything to me before). When I asked why, the owner told me it was a safety issue...even though he walked by the group of guys in the rack before me and saw them doing 1/4 squats with way too much weight and HORRIBLE form. Even "I" could tell they were about a second from a hospital visit.

I wasn't rude or anything by any means; It's his place and his rules. I acknowledge and accept that. It's just rather frustrating.

Kingslayer
04-02-13, 6:01 pm
1. Overly crowded.

2. Trainers who don't know what they're doing.

3. People taking pictures of themselves instead of working.

skibasgym
04-03-13, 10:05 am
In my own gym, it's people picking up after themselves. What drives me more crazy is when guys don't help out another lifter either with gear, spotting, or just cheering on a heavy lift.

Madcat
04-03-13, 12:47 pm
Just came in from the gym and realized the dude with the superman lat syndrome also sends a text message between every set. Well if he doesn't do that, then he takes a picture in the mirror and posts it on FB or whatever. I did a full leg workout including a little puke moment, in the time he did straight barbell curls and skull crushers. Literally that was all he did in 50 mins, besides take pics and text.

I just can't stand that, it's a gym, not a pro photo shoot. Now if dude was Evan, House, etc. I can understand posting a few intra workout pics, however, he isn't.

Do work son, don't be a dooche.

IrishMike
04-04-13, 2:39 pm
I can't stand that!!

Zoned in is zoned in.

My work out time is the same almost every day.

Everyone close to me knows not to call me between 715 pm and 830 unless its an emergency.

If a person can't be focused they shouldn't even be there.

Maybe they shoulda' took some Rage. LOL

puffmonkey92
04-11-13, 11:20 am
1. The wal-mart trainers telling me not to drop a 540+ lb DL.
2. having to hide chalk
3. the guys all around me, curling 40 lb DBs talking about how drunk they got that weekend

Big Wides
04-11-13, 11:23 am
Another thing about my gym I can't stand:

No hot or decent looking women.

cbass
04-12-13, 7:30 pm
Another thing about my gym I can't stand:

No hot or decent looking women.

When I started going to the gym I noticed this problem as well. Lately I've noticed a few females who are cute and def hold their own. Which kinda makes it sexier. lol

My biggest pet peeve would probably have to be the curling on the squat rack. I've even seen the gym trainers do it!! BLASPHEMY. I've also seen the group of kids who come in packs of 5-6 to work out. They all surround the one equipment. I notice all the big in shape guys go first. but leave the more inexperienced guys last and don't even have the courtesy to help him out. What is the point than??

JHOORNSTRA
04-14-13, 7:19 pm
Oh my God, too many to count...

It's a fitness center, all we have here
Retirement community, all old people
Old people music, I bench to Lionel Richie sometimes...
Weights suck, poor equipment, bent bars, mostly machines, etc
No chalk, screaming, etc
That's a start...

ctgblue
04-18-13, 2:02 pm
Dumbbels stop at 100lbs

Not that I NEED to be using bigger, but it's nice to be able to got to 120 or 130.
using the BB incline a lot more than ever now.

JHOORNSTRA
04-18-13, 2:05 pm
Dumbbels stop at 100lbs

Not that I NEED to be using bigger, but it's nice to be able to got to 120 or 130.
using the BB incline a lot more than ever now.

yep, if my friends and I didn't bring in our own dumbbells that go over 100, I'd be in the same boat...still stop at 150 and I'd like to at least 200 but I guess beggers can't be choosers...

MikeNice
04-19-13, 3:45 pm
Guys that spend more time leaning on equipment and talking than working.

Guys screaming when asking if they can work in becaue they won't take out their headphones.

TheAlphaWolf
04-19-13, 4:27 pm
Usually when I go into the gym in the morning - the people from the night before have left weight on everything. EVERYTHING. Now, its usually just me and maybe a couple of other early birds in there (Usually cardio people - some weight lifters trinkle in shortly after I get there) In the same instance, people who want to superset circuit train the entire gym,. Perfect example - my last push day. When I got there - I was the only person there. of course, from the night before - the power rack is loaded up with weight. I am the only one here though. Remember that. I decide to go do some cable flys (close to the power rack) very low weight just to warm up while I wait for my PWO to kick in. It kicks ins shortly after. During this time - some guy has entered the temple and is doing hack squats on the hammer strength machine. Now, I have not taken my eyes off the power rack. I walk over, grab a bench and wheel it over to the power rack (I bench with no spotter) - take the 345 off the bar, and adjust the safety to my bench height... Mr.HackSquat comes over furious telling me I needed to fuck off and get out of /his/ power rack because he loaded it up and was about to do presses.. I roll my eyes, plug my headphones in, and load up my bar with my warmup. Even if someone is legit about them loading the bar, if you are gone more than a few minutes - you really can't expect someone else to come by. In a good gym where people would actually rack their weights when they are done, you would know if it was in use but - no one at Gold's other than a few of us do it the right way when we are done.

JHOORNSTRA
04-19-13, 9:57 pm
Usually when I go into the gym in the morning - the people from the night before have left weight on everything. EVERYTHING. Now, its usually just me and maybe a couple of other early birds in there (Usually cardio people - some weight lifters trinkle in shortly after I get there) In the same instance, people who want to superset circuit train the entire gym,. Perfect example - my last push day. When I got there - I was the only person there. of course, from the night before - the power rack is loaded up with weight. I am the only one here though. Remember that. I decide to go do some cable flys (close to the power rack) very low weight just to warm up while I wait for my PWO to kick in. It kicks ins shortly after. During this time - some guy has entered the temple and is doing hack squats on the hammer strength machine. Now, I have not taken my eyes off the power rack. I walk over, grab a bench and wheel it over to the power rack (I bench with no spotter) - take the 345 off the bar, and adjust the safety to my bench height... Mr.HackSquat comes over furious telling me I needed to fuck off and get out of /his/ power rack because he loaded it up and was about to do presses.. I roll my eyes, plug my headphones in, and load up my bar with my warmup. Even if someone is legit about them loading the bar, if you are gone more than a few minutes - you really can't expect someone else to come by. In a good gym where people would actually rack their weights when they are done, you would know if it was in use but - no one at Gold's other than a few of us do it the right way when we are done.

I hate that also, have it here as well...

also, crossfitters taking all of the bars outside, 100lb skinny guys flexing in the mirror all day, and people jump-roping right in the middle of the dumbbell rack.

JHo

cbass
04-22-13, 12:24 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W13iAs-WHQ0

Imagine this happening at your gym?

Nix0r
04-22-13, 12:33 pm

I actually train at a LA Fitness. Thankfully, their staff let me do my own thing.

JHOORNSTRA
04-22-13, 1:17 pm

Fuck....that...

Merc_enary
04-22-13, 1:18 pm
You know, I am never one to critize anyone else's disciplines BUT when I have a buck'50 pound, crossfitter come over and start talking to me about how I would be better off doing what he does in order to increase my overall strenght and size i should stop doing what i do. That crossfit is only second in size and strench to bodybuilding because of the steroids. Ignorance my friends, is brave.

BB-FLEXPRO
04-22-13, 2:48 pm
Fuck those guys with their crappy Iphones in my gym! Man it just drives me fuckin nuts every time i see this bunch of Idiots in front of the dumbell area...It´s Backday you are ready to kill it and wanna do some heavy Dumbell Rows but you can´t even get to the Dumbells because five tank top guys (with no legs at all/What is Leg Training??) sitting in front of the mirror on the banks are tipping on their Iphone, concentrated to the death but only have done one Set in one hour! That just sucks period. Stupid people are everywhere but when I see this in my gym I shake my head and have a hard time not to stuff their Iphones down their throat.

IrishMike
04-22-13, 6:14 pm
If that crossfitter thinks there's no juice in crossfit; he's nuts lol

I don't care either way, but people on the pro level of any sport are going to look for whatever edge you can get.

Golf to strongman, it doesn't matter

Merc_enary
04-22-13, 6:21 pm
Again, I have nothing against other disciplines as to each its own really however to have the nerve to just, for no reason, and start bringing down what I live breath and die for its pretty fucking insane.

IrishMike
04-23-13, 6:24 pm
I had somebody get pissed when they wanted to strike up a conversation with me in the middle of a set of Barbell Curls.

I politely stated, " sorry, right after this set and I'm all yours".

I finished the set and looked across asking "what were you saying".

I got the, "never mind you're too busy". ( with an eye roll.)

I some how think theres a story somewhere of how this person ran into the "worlds biggest dickhead at the gym".

What're you gonna do?