PDA

View Full Version : Worst fucking thing about my gym is...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Freak
01-08-07, 3:42 pm
People who don't fucking pick up after themselves.

IRBS
01-08-07, 3:44 pm
1. Iron Grip Plates with the square sides...horrible for deadlifting.

2. Old People in the way of the free weight area

3. Having to sneak my chalk in....

Hercules
01-08-07, 3:44 pm
No decent squat rack - just a machine.

That, however, is about to change.... :)

Wasteland
01-08-07, 3:48 pm
Getting funny or suspicious looks from the management because you're bigger than the other members...

Rotlex
01-08-07, 3:53 pm
Monday mornings. Same as Freak posts. You need to get there at 4:30 am for a 5am workout to clean up after the Sunday night crew. I HATE that. Rest of the week is not too bad.

I swear, I need to head over there one Sunday evening and teach some folks a few manners.

G Diesel
01-08-07, 3:53 pm

So common these days... I see it everyhwere. That is the kind of shit you will never get away with at a real gym. Peace, G

IRBS
01-08-07, 3:55 pm
That is the kind of shit you will never get away with at a real gym.

That is so true....

Freakshow
01-08-07, 3:56 pm
Nobody re-racks weights

No chalk allowed

No drinks allowed

Student workers telling me to quiet down while I do my t-bar rows

I love women, but they sit on the machines and dont lift the majority of the time they are sitting on them, they tend to treat the machines like bar stools, not workout equipment.

and I love the looks I get.

hscrugger
01-08-07, 3:57 pm
not being allowed to train when i'm working, even if nobody's there. that, or not having a few key pieces of equipment. but i'm working on that - trying to get a smith machine right now.

brennan

Arbalest
01-08-07, 3:58 pm
the jackasses who load up plates, do 1 set and walk away for 20 mins. Then, when i figure "oh they're done" they come back and are like "i was still using that" when their ass was across the gym watching tv and chatting it up w/ everyone.

i'm no longer nice to those people.. the usual answer is "tough shit. you can have it when i'm done"

OH, and being told to "set that down quieter" riiiiiiiight.. YOU set down 400+ lbs "quietly". Thats what Rubber Floors are for.

damn 24hr fitness... i wish i could start my own gym.

Toni69
01-08-07, 4:03 pm
Missing pins..where the hell do they go?

oh, and guys (no offense if any of you are one of these guys..I would hope not if your a part of this thread), that make a load of noise and are not lifting worth a dam to be making so much noise in the first place.

I have this one guy at my gym who comes in like clockwork, does bicep curls with 25lb db's and starts grunting and throwing weights around like he owns the place. This drives me mad! What do I do, I grab the 30's and pump out my set right next to him, quiet as a mouse. It gets him to move about 10ft from wherever I am standing.

determined
01-08-07, 4:03 pm
To many people sitting, instead of lifting.
Maybe if they would shut their mouths and
pick something up, they would not be in there
for 3 hours at a time.

Freak
01-08-07, 4:04 pm
Missing pins..where the hell do they go?

oh, and guys (no offense if any of you are one of these guys..I would hope not if your a part of this thread), that make a load of noise and are not lifting worth a dam to be making so much noise in the first place.

I have this one guy at my gym who comes in like clockwork, does bicep curls with 25lb db's and starts grunting and throwing weights around like he owns the place. This drives me mad! What do I do, I grab the 30's and pump out my set right next to him, quiet as a mouse. It gets him to move about 10ft from wherever I am standing.

Classic, sister...

Toni69
01-08-07, 4:06 pm
I have these guys at my gym...they walk off and start yapping to someone, leaving their weights, then finally walk back trying to look all pumped after a 20min rest, wondering why the hell I took over their crap. To top it all off, they want to work in with me!

Feeling ya,
Toni69

the jackasses who load up plates, do 1 set and walk away for 20 mins. Then, when i figure "oh they're done" they come back and are like "i was still using that" when their ass was across the gym watching tv and chatting it up w/ everyone.

i'm no longer nice to those people.. the usual answer is "tough shit. you can have it when i'm done"

OH, and being told to "set that down quieter" riiiiiiiight.. YOU set down 400+ lbs "quietly". Thats what Rubber Floors are for.

damn 24hr fitness... i wish i could start my own gym.

kuzmin1
01-08-07, 4:12 pm
1. High school students (like myself) who are not dedicated and screw around.
2. People that use the machine/bench/ my space as their own rest area.
3. Getting dirty looks when im grutin out tryin to put sum weight up.
4. Lazy ass middle age ppl that come in to the gym on monday nites only to chase/look at ass or to be able to say they worked out.
5. PPL THAT DONT CLEAN THEIR SHIT UP

kuzmin1
01-08-07, 4:14 pm
I have these guys at my gym...they walk off and start yapping to someone, leaving their weights, then finally walk back trying to look all pumped after a 20min rest, wondering why the hell I took over their crap. To top it all off, they want to work in with me!

Feeling ya,
Toni69

Classic, brother...

I feel ya on that one even worse is when you actualy put up sum weight and u get a dirty stare cuz ur gruntin at 400 pounds when the guy curlin 20s doesnt even get an excuse me.

J-Dawg
01-08-07, 4:17 pm
To many people sitting, instead of lifting.
Maybe if they would shut their mouths and
pick something up, they would not be in there
for 3 hours at a time.

I with you on this one bro, I hate this as well. It's not a social club, it's a gym... spend your time wisely and these type of people might just get some results.
J-Dawg

Big Jawn
01-08-07, 4:17 pm
Putting on your Inzer Hardcore, and seeing people look at you like "wtf?"...like your Ronnie Coleman in "The Cost of Redemption"...."see if I can't get my big legs in it".

Arbalest
01-08-07, 4:30 pm
another thing i would say are the trainers.

they're all fatasses who obviously don't lift... and they have their clients do the STUPIDEST exercise i've ever seen!

words cannot describe how i feel when i see these people...

TheNaturalG
01-08-07, 4:47 pm

I hear ya on that one. And out of respect for the owner of my gym I will pick up weights left on machines I walk by but it gets pretty damn annoying.

GADO
01-08-07, 4:58 pm
Two things in particular drive me up the wall...

1. The Dumbbell collector... this is the guy who's working on a bench or a chair and just drops sets of dbs around him as he works... creating this little island because he's too lazy to bring them back to the rack. Then... if he gets enough dirty looks... he'll just kick them back and let them roll into or underneath the racks like that's good enough.

2. The Newpaper Lifter... you've seen him before. Sitting on a bench or in the squat rack reading the paper inbetween sets for like 6-7 minutes breaks each set!! Now... I'm all for taking breaks inbetween sets, I don't think anyone is against that one... but it's not time to catch up on the news. Lift or Leave!!

Punisher
01-08-07, 5:02 pm
Its not hardcore enough...also the music, id bring my ipod if the damn wire didnt get in the way so much.

Bear
01-08-07, 5:24 pm
I can't stand when people (mostly ego pushing teenage boys) do not rack their fucking weight! Or when people throw their dumbbells all over the floors... I lost count of how many times I almost busted my face tripping over 5 pounders.

lionheart
01-08-07, 5:32 pm
The people at a university suck--usually. They are there to BS, talk to girls, or flex their beach muscles. They have no idea what an X-frame even is. Lift and leave. I got other things to do...

Big Jawn
01-08-07, 6:30 pm
Three words...New Year's rush.

deeder
01-08-07, 6:32 pm
I go to my university gym and I can't stand all the fucking looks I get. I'm not very big (5'9", 185lbs) but I move some decent weight for my size... People watch me while I'm squatting like I'm out of my mind...

It's funny when chicks are checking me out at the beginning of my workout then by the time my back is covered in sweat and I am breathing like a dying elephant they look absolutely disgusted as they walk by!

deeder
01-08-07, 6:33 pm

That too!

Vanity
01-08-07, 7:05 pm
People who are there because it's their fucking new years resolution!

BigNate
01-08-07, 7:49 pm
Lazy people who hire a personal trainer to load their weights, tell them what exercises to do, and when they can stop their reps... even if they're nowhere near failure. People are so lazy this day in age... not only physically, but mentally. They want to hire someone to do their thinking for them too.

Maharg
01-08-07, 7:57 pm
First off, like everyone people who don't rack weights. I work at my gym so being the only male i have to rack them cuz they out weight the girls usually.

Second. Posers and i dont mean doing real bb posing i mean they are there to act the part of a gym rat.

Third. No chalk provided no matter how much i cry for it at meetings.

Fourth. Cardio is in the same room as weights. Drives me insane cuz i can't have my music turned up because the middle age woman on the tread mill doesn't like Godsmack.

Fifth. All people who don't know what a Skull crusher is. I recommend them they think im trying to kill them

30 minutes away of Home. But damn I do that fucking 30 minutes 5 times a week walking step by step!! I have a health club 30 seconds away of home but I do those fucking 30 minutes just to feel the Iron.

Jon
01-08-07, 8:44 pm
1. Music...They put on the most depressing shit in there, its insane

2. Somethig is always broken and the woman who owns it never fixes anything.. The cardio machines overheat and shutdown if someone goes past 7.0

3. The guy that always has to lift more than you, but has such bad form that it becomes dangerous for him

ransom.holland
01-08-07, 9:07 pm
I don't focus; I don't have time to see if the guy in the corner is squatting correctly with 405 on his back with legs the size of twigs. I don't have time for these fools, these mere wastes of flesh that walk the earth unbeknownst to the fact God has made them nothing more the useless pawns in my quest for greatness before they become maggot food. And while there daugthers are crying tears at their funeral, I'll tell her he was USELESS,... a man that never grabbed life by the balls and never took a challenge.

NickSP
01-08-07, 9:16 pm
fucking pop music or hip hop or whatever BS is on the radio
tv's
not enough cages or benches
the socializing

ranger_kyle
01-08-07, 9:28 pm
being in a small university (only 50 people) the gym is small. Very small. You have all these ****** bags come in with no gym ettiqete, leave plates on the floor and on machines. Drives me crazy. Some elderly folks use the gym too, and thats great. But i actullay had an old couple ask me to stop hitting the bag because it scared them. what could i do? I kept on going. And guys that wear their tommy hilfiger jeans and polo shirts to the gym.

Mr.Totality
01-08-07, 9:31 pm
1. very few people under 60 besides myself
2. those that are, are teenagers who think their whopping 185lbs of bench is worth a major grunt and scream
3. when you do seated press with 225lbs, everyone stares at you.

Other than that the place is great and real cheap. $250 for the year and 2 minutes from my house. Cant beat it

lionheart
01-08-07, 10:59 pm
I go to my university gym and I can't stand all the fucking looks I get. I'm not very big (5'9", 185lbs) but I move some decent weight for my size... People watch me while I'm squatting like I'm out of my mind...

It's funny when chicks are checking me out at the beginning of my workout then by the time my back is covered in sweat and I am breathing like a dying elephant they look absolutely disgusted as they walk by!

Freakin hilarious man. I love it. I bust my ass and Im out. I wear a green zip up hoodie (with the hood up) and blast music. I dont talk to any1. But, I am pleased cuz there are guys like me who go in, sweat til they puke, then walk out. No talking, no flirting, no mess. I hate New Years people too. If they woulda started in November, theyd be a little further along...

cortlandh
01-08-07, 11:29 pm
• Baby sitters
• Some pencil-neck telling me I’m doing something wrong
• Lift-an-leavers
• 107. what-the fuck fm pop, oldies, or hip-hop
• If your not liftin shit you shouldn’t be grunting or throwin weights

IronGreek
01-08-07, 11:42 pm
Manhattan.

should say enough about the overall attitude of most who live here
there are few who go to the gym and bust ass
its <b>not</b> toning and social hour
the old timers and pencil pushers love to stare with hate filled and envious eyes
i just pull my destroyed yankees hat down further and keep moving the weights

feel your pain bro... i had a old woman come up to me after doing deads saying "thats probably not good for the floor and you interrupted my workout"
i simply told her to turn up her music or go to another room (no one else seemed to give a shit cause lord knows i didnt)

kuzmin1
01-09-07, 12:11 am

For sure. Mondays at 6 pm. The worst time EVER to come to the gym. Ever have a down day and need to really get pissed off at something just go then you realize real fast why we do this

Targac21
01-09-07, 1:47 am
Cocky and study people in general. I hate the very arrogant lifters who max a very heavy weight with horrible form and 2-3 spotters. I see it at both gyms local and at my university gym daily. Also people who take pics of themselves, raise there shirt to see there abs in there very slender 120 pound frame while they think were "fat" for being a man and bulking. Also they play MTV U music and its the worst stuff to lift to so i remind myself daily to bring my ipod full of tunes.

Phil800101
01-09-07, 2:12 am
Man, I hear you guys. So much of the stuff I've been reading I've seen/heard myself. As for me, hears what drives me nuts:

Campus gym:
1. people taking up space and spending more time socializing than lifting.
2. Dumbasses working on their "beach bodies" but acting like they're a hardass.
3. People doing shit incorrectly with way too much weight (it shouldn't bother me, as they don't matter, but it does get to me).
4. People hovering around something I'm using, standing way too close (for example, two feet behind the bench) waiting for me to get done, but never bothering to ask how many sets I have left or if they can work in.
5. Stupid asses who almost get hit with a dumbbell because they walk past too closely when I'm doing flys.
6. Dipshits who drop dumbbells and almost hit people around them.
7. General lack of gym etiquette/people not cleaning up after themselves.

I got so sick of the shit at the campus gym (which was free) that I ended up paying for a membership at the Gold's across town, which has a much better atmosphere that is much more conducive to serious lifting as opposed to bullshitting.

Gym at home:
1. The "social club" that shows up everyday between three and four in the afternoon, filling up the dumbbell area and taking up space yet never really lifting.

Other than that, my gym at home is great, although I do avoid it in the afternoons because of the people mentioned above.

D-Bomb
01-09-07, 5:43 am
cant stand this bunch of rugby players from an opposing school. 5 at a time doing barbell curls. standing around doing shiat.
or you get a guy loading up so much weight on the leg press and then does it not even a third of the way down the machine. too much ego.

ghost
01-09-07, 8:50 am
At my gym, if you dont rack your weights and we catch you, we can cancel your membership. i love powehouse.

1. People that WASTE time in the gym. you are there to train, not to yapp..so fucking get to work or go home.
2. "powerhouse tv" TERRIBLE music.
3. the uppity rich bitches that get in the way...
4. the people that want to act all big n bad when they arent shit. i dont care how big you are...you are struggling your ass off with only 1 plate on that bar..get your head out of your ass and fucking push.!

rockyIV
01-09-07, 9:33 am
The 16 year old skater kids that only do bench and curls crowding the benches while lifting their 95 pounds. I know we all have to start somewhere but these kids run around like they are a gang. They usually get out of the way when the real lifters get there, but not without a little attitude.

The worst thing is the old guys that are WAY too comfortable being naked in the locker room. I don't care but put a towel on when you're leaning your junk against the sink to shave. I wash my hands and face in there.

Wolf Man CHG
01-09-07, 10:11 am
lack of fire.....when i walk out of the locker room my eyes and mind are dead set on the exercises i am to perform and putting every ounce of intensity into the sets... it kills me to see guys who go through the motions with weight that puts about zero tension on their muscles and talk to everyone they see....

i also hate lack of dumbbell weight.....i shopped around for gyms strictly based on how much they had in dumbbell weight and 80 is the highests i found......pitiful

X5_2002
01-09-07, 10:52 am
When there is people that are just there to meet people and not serious in workout. I really hate that.

NumeroUno
01-09-07, 12:20 pm
New years rush who hire personal trainers and only come for a fucking week. Me and the other regulars tell who all the new ones were. For this one guy, a trainer grabbed 20 pound dumbbells to do militarys. The guy looks at the trainer and says "too much, grab the 10's" I looked at the bitch and told him I bet they have some feathers in the back if he needs something lighter to lift. He just gave me this dirty look, I began my set. Like he is gonna be around long enough to give me shit, for fuck sakes.

ldskenpo
01-09-07, 12:30 pm
i use a gym here on sand hill, I get irritated by the nco's who come in trying to use rank, one guy tried to impress me he was a NCOthen got bitchy when he found out I am a DS

NumeroUno
01-09-07, 1:27 pm
Bro, I am soooooo usin' this one......

What's mine is yours, feel free bro :-)

goody19
01-09-07, 1:43 pm
the "why do you want to look like that?" look

they dont get that we do it so we done have to look like them

PuSHiT89
01-09-07, 5:20 pm
some of this shit is classic...id say...women that sit and do sets of 25-30 with 10-20 on the machine. when people dont clean up their weights...especially when they arent using plates, and people that stare

LuvsThePain
01-09-07, 6:28 pm
The cocky highschool football player that walks around with 5 or 6 of his friends and act like they own the place. This just fuels my fire.

TheOak_akl
01-09-07, 6:48 pm
The cocky highschool football player that walks around with 5 or 6 of his friends and act like they own the place. This just fuels my fire.

i feel you bro. and usually they just campout by the flat bench and take turns bouncing the bar off their chest..then get up and walk around as if they just set a new world record...

Maharg
01-09-07, 8:38 pm

lol i have tried lifting in my high schools weight room. When u have 29 football players and me the body builder there is a huge amount of ego and guess from what people it grows from? they got pissy cause i wouldnt pat them on the back for benching half their body weight.

bigjay
01-09-07, 10:29 pm
I hate guys with upper arms the size of my wrist and there doing like 50 pound dumbell curls, well there not really curling the wheight they are just swinging up by any means that they can. thats just one of many things i hate..........i don't want to get started.

chanman83
01-09-07, 10:31 pm
I agree teh assholes who don't pick up after themselves
the fact my gym has dbs UP to 130 and here the shitty part... THERE is one 130, one 100, and one 95s. Either some jerk off stole em (doubt it) or the assholes who DROP the weights broke it. So when I need higher weights I go to the golds near my house and use their dbs.. they go up to 200! Only reason I go to my gym is the hours.

NumeroUno
01-09-07, 11:35 pm
Just to let you guys know, I got the one bitch high school football player who thought he was the shit. He used the flat bench once and left the weight on it and went and walked off. I was waiting so I could do some close grips. After 3 minutes of waiting and he didn't do another set, I just took it. He came back a couple minutes after I got on it and just stared at me. Just to show how important it was to him, just went and started doing LEG PRESS....WTF?!?

alkalineman
01-10-07, 1:52 am
too many people. I'm not a people person, im an iron person.

Cstlfx
01-10-07, 11:38 am
Completely agree with lionheart, people at universities suck. People bringing in their damn cell phones to talk on, no one re-racks a damn weight, and people using the gym like it is a lounge. What bugs me the most are these guys that pile on the weight and then lift it with crappy form. I'm really surprised some of these guys have the muscle they have with their form.

wolfpak
01-10-07, 11:48 am
Brethren: Would you tell that lanky jogger freak at my gym to buy some shorts from this decade? If the guy's doin situps, I get a sight-line right to his ball bag. NOT THAT I'M TRYIN' TO LOOK, JERKS!

Brick
01-10-07, 1:23 pm
1) The fucking social clicks! I'm not here to talk... fuckers!
2) Disrespectng the equipment! I'll be damned you drop the dumbbells just for the hell of it. I have to use that shit too! Fatigue is one thing, but when your monkey ass picks up a 40 lb dumbbell then drop its, you deserve an ass whoppin!
3) Leaving 600+ lbs on a machine and a female wants to use it and interrups my workout!

steeladdiction
01-10-07, 3:55 pm
People Talking On Cell Phones Without A Doubt

J-Dawg
01-10-07, 4:09 pm
I saw this one today... Some dude at the gym, reading a book while lifting weights. And it wasn't cardio, he was lifting on fucking machines. Normally I couldn't give a shit, but he was blocking my path to the water fountain. Shit that'll get ya in shape real fast, divert your focus with a fucking Romance Novel.

Freak
01-10-07, 4:14 pm
I saw this one today... Some dude at the gym, reading a book while lifting weights. And it wasn't cardio, he was lifting on fucking machines. Normally I couldn't give a shit, but he was blocking my path to the water fountain. Shit that'll get ya in shape real fast, divert your focus with a fucking Romance Novel.

I hear ya J-Dawg. Like Schak said, "If you got time to read between sets, you need to train harder."

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=25&section=

NumeroUno
01-10-07, 5:05 pm
Just a sidenote, but if any of you guys have cell phones TRY to turn them on silent or off when you're in the gym. The last thing we want to be distracted by is 3 people's cell phones going off right next to me.

jatta palu
01-10-07, 6:20 pm
DO NOT sit right next to me.....if the bench is portable...move it!!!
DO NOT ask me how many more sets if your intention is to do one set and leave!!
DO NOT cluster around me to talk!!!
If you used it........TAKE THE FRIGGIN PLATES OFF!!!!!
Know what your working on! Dont just bounce around from one spot to the next trying to do what the person did before you. Have a plan......PLEASE!
If you are a novice....don't be ashamed to ask how to do the exercie...instead of looking like your gonna pull somethin

dmnspdg
01-10-07, 7:33 pm
I lift at work. we have a pretty nice gym down in the bowels of the basment. When I go in at 5:30 i can pretty use any rack and bench I want. What kills me is the PC (Politically Correct) music they pass off as "GYM APPROPRIATE". Let me tell you, you get quite a rush, when you have Journey, or Rascall Flatts playing.

Thank god for MP3 Players!!!

lstan
01-10-07, 7:45 pm
Lazy people who hire a personal trainer to load their weights, tell them what exercises to do, and when they can stop their reps... even if they're nowhere near failure. People are so lazy this day in age... not only physically, but mentally. They want to hire someone to do their thinking for them too.

There are leaders and sheep. There are much more sheep than leaders. People will do just about anything as long as they don't have to make their own effin decisions.

BigAnt
01-10-07, 10:16 pm
What about the tight t-shirt wearing, sleeves rolled up guys sporting the 14 inch arms, doing bicep curls in the squat rack, ON MY LEG DAY...there is other equipment used for that and was available that day! Or the person on the cell phone, sitting on the end of a bench for over 20 minutes "just talking"

joel
01-10-07, 10:29 pm
I think everyone's nailed most of what I don't like.. here's some more:

- The guy that loads up the leg press with 800 lbs, does two reps, and spends 10 minutes pulling all the plates off again.
- The scrawny kid that starts asking me for tips when I'm halfway through a set. I'm all for helping you out, giving you a spot, whatever, but does it look like I can answer right now?
- People who don't wear workout clothes. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but seeing someone with jeans on in the weight room doing squats is just bizarre.
- People who spit in the fountain. Gross.

IronGreek
01-10-07, 11:16 pm
- People who don't wear workout clothes. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but seeing someone with jeans on in the weight room doing squats is just bizarre.

i despise this
theyre there to "tone" and not move any weight
how the hell are you gonna lift when youre worried about scuffin up your diesel shoes and sweating through your jeans

go home, eat some more, change, then come move some fuckin weights

Big Wides
01-11-07, 1:40 pm
what gets me is the fact that when im using chains or bands the looks i get from the people around me, its like they've never seen these things before in their life. then once you explain everything to them they want to befriend you. all they care about is their beach routine that is done everyday of the week

Adonis
01-11-07, 3:34 pm
I wish my gym issues ended at New Years Rushes.

I actually like having the New Year Rush. It helps remind me how strong my goals are compared to these other. Also, nothing like a little new eye candy.

My real problems with my gym, they never stop. People never get the idea to shower, wear deodorant or launder they workout clothes often. It is very common for folks to sweat all over a bench press or incline bench yet upon completion, never wipe shit up. Whoa whoa whoa homie, thats great you put your heart into that last rep, but I don't give two shits about your nasty ass sweat.

We got girls who don't shave, guys who show up to see their friends, the heat doesn't work, and only one shower works. Its about as nice as working out in a bowling shoe.

BUT, what keeps me coming back. Everyday, I look at picture of Bill Pearl as I walk in. IT has motivated me since the start. So the question is, what keeps you coming back?

I am Adonis

widdlewade44
01-11-07, 9:04 pm
New years rush who hire personal trainers and only come for a fucking week. Me and the other regulars tell who all the new ones were. For this one guy, a trainer grabbed 20 pound dumbbells to do militarys. The guy looks at the trainer and says "too much, grab the 10's" I looked at the bitch and told him I bet they have some feathers in the back if he needs something lighter to lift. He just gave me this dirty look, I began my set. Like he is gonna be around long enough to give me shit, for fuck sakes.

Awesome NumeroUno. I certainly saw people, 'characters', from my gym acting out the words from your quote. The newbies, the ones that never stick around, are a pain in ass but are what this time of year brings us all. So I hate the worthless newbies and the transient scum who don't wipe down equipment.

Kevin
widdlewade44

musclealchemist
01-11-07, 9:36 pm
the fact that the gym at my school ( which every student fucking pays for whether they know it or not) is shitty as hell. Only one squat rack, and you cant even see the poundage of weight on the free weight. So you have to stand there and look like a dumb ass trying to figure out what one to use.

mgmmaze
01-11-07, 10:05 pm
well I go to a few differnt gyms on base. Im in the Marine Corps so i get some decent gyms on base. but the one by my house is more of the fitness center. Know what i mean all the family members go there ya some look nice how great. They put XM radio in the gym and guess what they cant play any thing with profanity what kind of shit is that hello Marines. duh well that pissses me off, but the one funny thing is seeing all these new kids in the gym who wont last more than a week and bench pretty much the bar then flex all around like they are the world strongest man that always makes me laugh until i have to use the bench.

Toni69
01-12-07, 4:45 am
Please don't get me started on the dumbbell collector! I have one...or two of those guys at my place too. AAARRRRGH!....oh God and the newspaper lifter too! This was way too funny!

Two things in particular drive me up the wall...

1. The Dumbbell collector... this is the guy who's working on a bench or a chair and just drops sets of dbs around him as he works... creating this little island because he's too lazy to bring them back to the rack. Then... if he gets enough dirty looks... he'll just kick them back and let them roll into or underneath the racks like that's good enough.

2. The Newpaper Lifter... you've seen him before. Sitting on a bench or in the squat rack reading the paper inbetween sets for like 6-7 minutes breaks each set!! Now... I'm all for taking breaks inbetween sets, I don't think anyone is against that one... but it's not time to catch up on the news. Lift or Leave!!

Ryan
01-13-07, 2:39 pm
the fact that the gym at my school ( which every student fucking pays for whether they know it or not) is shitty as hell. Only one squat rack, and you cant even see the poundage of weight on the free weight. So you have to stand there and look like a dumb ass trying to figure out what one to use.

Hey at least you guys have a squat rack. We don't even have one of those, that's why I don't even bother going to my school gym. But yea like everyone else is saying the new years rush is getting annoying and on top of that the gym is free for 10 days so it's even busier. It took me almost twice the normal amount of time yesterday because of waiting for equipment to use.

The Wanderer
01-13-07, 6:08 pm
1- New Year's Rush.
2- Just a few very narrow parking spaces.
3- That it's the only gym serving the several neighborhoods nearby, and it's full of the high dollar white collar cardio hog crowd. The weights are, by far, the afterthought in the complex. The pool, treadmills and Urgs are what keep it afloat... but it's what I've got, and it's close.

You know, it's true, you can bitch and whine, but in the end, its your gym. My gym is very similar but its what I have got, I'm not going to ever let it go. If its all you have got, be grateful you wouldn't want to be stuck with no gym, that would blow. Peace.

Bigschiff7
01-14-07, 7:13 pm
yeah you guys hit most of it...i really hate when people put on a shitload of weight and do their exercise totally wrong. Like the guy doing lat pulldowns and before you know it he's parallel with the ground. it's like buddy, what are you doing. gotta say i also hate those people who grab dumbells bigger than they can handle and do what i call "swinging bicep curls". it's all momentum and does nothing for them...

Sensei
01-15-07, 1:42 pm
One gym is a total load of work, At the university no chalk is allowed, the free weights room is slightly bigger than my bed room, and woman run the machines room, so by the end of there conversation they've been on one piece for 30 minutes. Absolutely no grunting or yelling, (How the hell am I suppose to get my last squat set in without making noise?)
The other gym Huge place, nice facility but 90% are 40 and up looking to chase 20 year old ass, or talk about sports for 40 minutes between reps.... isn't this what the local pub is for?

grizzed
01-15-07, 2:04 pm
powerhouse in Tampa is a great gym - the only complain is not enough women

LFF (florida chain) is horrible
top 10 list of complaints

10 - social fitness center
9 - dumbbells max at 100 lbs
8 - shower drains so can stand in my own or someone elses dirty bathwater
7 - yakkity yakkity yakkity yakkity - (STFU and lift people!!)
6 - no area designated for dead lifts
5 - no expansion when the gold gym closed and LFF 'bought' all the memberships
4 - attitude of the staff
3 - The confused look when I tell them I was a 60g protein shake PWO
2 - that really weird guy who wears the spandex or his brother who wears the runners shorts
NUMBER ONE - BARBELL CURLS ON THE SQUAT RACK!!!!

wolf
01-15-07, 3:53 pm
People who don't re-rack their weights. Seems a pretty common complaint.

People who act like the benches and equipment are sitting in their living rooms and it's social hour.

thenatural15
01-15-07, 3:55 pm
at my gym there is a group of about 6 high school kids that come in around 3 o clock everyday. Unfortunetly, this is the only time i can workout cause of work and school. all six of them stand around and shoot the shit. my gym is not that big so when you have them all standing in a group doing nothing then they are in the fucking way of everyone. thank god that they are skinny as fuck because there would be NO room.

Hardcore4Life
01-15-07, 4:30 pm
use to train at a old hole in the wall hardcore gym, hard rock playing, freaks of nature lifting beside you, now its at a commerical place, i miss the hardcore atmosphere,,,the hardcore music

NASH
01-15-07, 4:34 pm

God man! I get pissed at guys sometimes. I almost got in a fight in a gym because of this same reason!

I also Hate guys who get in your way and are just there to hook up with chicks. Damn, get the girl's fuckin number and call her later! And then "Shut Up and Train!"

DreamZero
01-15-07, 6:45 pm
People who don't unload the bars
People talkin about their tan and how much they lift and how tough they are instead of lifting
Posers
People who glare like hell at you when you use chains and 2x50pound plates for the dips
Sitting on the machines between sets
Most of machines saw, fought and won WW2. Some of the benches got painted 4 times. no jokes.

Frank_The_Tank
01-15-07, 7:19 pm
A lot of good shit in this thread

Jdub
01-15-07, 7:20 pm
Only having dumbells that go up to 125! :(

Jdub

viperman
01-15-07, 7:39 pm
no squat rack - just fucking Smith machine, on which once stuck with a bit more than 350lb, but the best part ... - all frame strated to move, because i stuck not because there was no strenght in my legs, but because the shit was rusted !!!

and one more - gym instructor asked Not To Bang The Barbell While Doing Dead Lift. I had around 390 on it, so i asked him, maybe he could take the bar from me when i finish movement and put it down quietly... ;)

Lawnmower Man
01-15-07, 9:07 pm
There are a lot of people at the gym that I know and have known forever and they all want to talk. I like to just say hey how you doing and thats about it. You would think when I put my headphones on and start lifting that they would get the hint, but they don't.

Braveheart
01-15-07, 9:56 pm
My high school had the best weight room in the state. My gym now has 2 treadmills, 1 squat rack, 2 bench press, 2 clean bars, and some misc. cable machines, all of which look like somebody found them in a dumpster. I guess i was spoiled in high school. Oh well, at least the college weight room has character. You don't see people in there that aren't serious about training.

DWARFx10
01-15-07, 10:11 pm
I cant stand it when it is happy hour, when it is between 6:00-8:00 PM I feel like I am going in a club or something there is so many people. Not only this but you can't get to a machine.

mjsef88
01-15-07, 10:13 pm
the looks i get for only being 18 training something (legs, back) other than just my chest, arms, and shoulders. i get steriotyped because all the other teens at my gym are beach lifters.

Achilles
01-15-07, 10:21 pm
These little fucking pretty boys @ the local rec. center on campus. Fellas I'm not a big guy by any means .. I'm 5'10" & 160ibs but I'm stronger than most of the 200ib bitches there .. they prance around in their best muscle shirt and do a few sets .. talk 10min and go on .. I love being the distortion in thir calm little gym .. when I'm training w/ my headphones on and my Animal Tee that says "shut the fuck up and train" .. I love the looks I get .. or almost collapseing after because I put 110% into every set.. and they look at me like I'm crazy .. theyre right .. I am

DWARFx10
01-15-07, 11:03 pm
What about the tight t-shirt wearing, sleeves rolled up guys sporting the 14 inch arms, doing bicep curls in the squat rack, ON MY LEG DAY...there is other equipment used for that and was available that day! Or the person on the cell phone, sitting on the end of a bench for over 20 minutes "just talking"

I hate this, I work out in Kuwait on the military base, and whenever you are trying to do free weight Squats. There is alwas a @$sClown with no guns on the Squat rack in the way when he would be better off using the weights in the dumbbell area. I feel you on this one !

Crash
01-16-07, 12:18 am
I lift in an "Athletic Club". That means that the age range in there is quite wide. What amazes me is that the older crowd will actually come in and take care of business better than the 5pm Yuppie crowd. These range from 23-35 and generally come together in their little circles for group chat. Believe you me, if you can gossip about the new Tahoe you just bought, or last nights game, you are not working out hard enough. The other thing that pisses me off is the one's who think they are serious. Yeah, you go right ahead and load three 45's on each side of the bar, then get you spotter over you to yank that bar up and down while you bounce that bar off your chest. That'll make you strong. Oh yeah, and don't forget you fucking weight belt. Do you know why you need a fucking weight belt while working the pec deck flye machine. To hold you fat ass gut in, because instead of doing you ab work and busting your ass with carido, you've been running your mouth about how you can bench 275. Bitch please.

plague666
01-16-07, 12:27 am
the hot women at the gym cause because of them all these chumps come in with cut off shirts and they think they are strong. Then also you get looked at cause your benching 400lbs and squating, doing deadlifts and everyone thinks your a freak. i really want to kill everyone somtimes in there cause they think im in there for them- for me to look good, which is wrong so the women need not flatter themselfs so much.

rant
01-16-07, 12:27 am
been at my gym for only a short time and already have too many complaints to list. but.....at least I have a gym to workout in!!!

ldskenpo
01-16-07, 7:01 am
the gym I go to only had db that went to 125, then last wed they got some new db. 1 complete set from 5-150 in 5 lb increments ( yes, 1 set), when I went in Thu the stuff was already scattered all about the weight room and in the cardio room on the other side of the hall. yesterday, monday i spent 25 min before my workout making sure the weights i needed were at least in the same room as me. I really dont care if you feel the need to do db curls while riding the bike, but put 'em back.

jatta palu
01-16-07, 10:44 am

Don't settle for being ignored. Get some people together who love the lift and expect more. Go to whoever is in charge with the problems AND solutions about the gym. This may take some research about cost efficiency, funding, finances etc...where the gym money goes etc.. But I bet that school has people who don't care. Be respectable.. be heard.

GrizzlyLB
01-16-07, 11:08 am
The things that piss me off? I don't really mind that much in truth. It just helps me to bust out another set. The guys who stare at me while I'm lifting like they can't figure out what the fuck I am or something...

The guy, and every gym has one of these from what I've seen, who walks around looking in every mirror to see himself. With ELS (exaggerated Lat Syndrome) and he is either really fat and weak, or a buck 10 acting like he is superman.

Of course, people who don't put shit back where they found it... and the ones who assume I'm done with my work because I need to go to the pisser and relieve myself. If they drank over a gallon a day they would have to piss a lot too.

like I said, it gets me going when this shit happens, but it's for the better because it helps me get through the workout with more intensity.

lilpriest
01-16-07, 11:26 am
worth thing is pretty much what people have posted here.
people sitting around taking up space. not putting weights back where they belong after using them. not putting the db's back in order, its not rocket science people. my gym that ive been at for 2 years getting bought by the gym i left for all these reason's. but it just fuels my fire more everyday i step into the gym. makes me push myself harder every workout. im there on a mission to get big. not to flirt, look like im lifting, or pay attention to the little cardio bunnies there to get attention. the worse things are what drive me to get bigger. fuck em.....

Bulldozin727
01-16-07, 1:08 pm
No real squat rack just a Smith Machine which sucks. There are these two guys who come in and only ever lift upperbody. One of them loads up three plates to a side on the hammer strength shoulder press and then uses more or less his whole body to try and put it up. Less weight, More form. I asked these same guys to spot me on leg press and they give me attitude. Christ, I had 500+ pounds on there doing sets of 15, legs were twitching and all I wanted was to be safe. These guys act like I am tryin to impress them when I couldn't give a fuck about there stick leg asses. All in all I guess you could say people that use bad form really piss me the fuck off!

"Live Hard and Die Hard and Love Hard in between. Cuz tomorrow ain't promised and today is slipping away." - G-Diesel

Hard Cell
01-16-07, 4:13 pm
It's not actually the worst fucking thing, but its the worst fucking human being.

Posers with Beach Muscle and Chicken Leg.

Big Mic
01-17-07, 8:32 am
Its not hardcore enough...also the music, id bring my ipod if the damn wire didnt get in the way so much.

I fucking hate the music too. It sucks. I put my wire in my mouth when I lift

peterpyper
01-17-07, 4:26 pm
worst thing in the gym is there sometimes too many ppl all over the fuckin place,get up drink some water someone takes it and than you gotta let them know,or some dude just sittin there talkin to his friend not doin anything pisses me off i dont even talk to anybody there anymore until i finish my work out,i got a hat on real low to my eyes gotta stay focus,pumped and warm..when ppl see me and the look in my eyes im hungry the desire that burns in my mind they know im there for one reason and thats to be a warrior.glad to have iron borthers like urself in this world dont see much of them around here

Barron
01-17-07, 5:45 pm
When i come home from school for xmas and summer break, the only gym close to my home is more like a country club. They have senior citizen aerobic workouts there every other night on their hardwood floors. Luckily they were smart enough to put rubber flooring under most of area where there are weights. It has those wonderful signs that say "Please do not drop weights". I was lifting alone today with only one other older man walking on the treadmill. I grabbed the 120lb dumbbells and proceeded to bench. At the end of my set i realized that me, weighing 155lbs, wasnt going to be able to sit up with them, so i dropped em. No sooner did i drop then when the owner came out and told me i needed to respect his gym rules... what a joke.

Anyone else out there lift at a country club like that? it doesnt even deserve to be called a gym.

xb24
01-17-07, 5:59 pm
hell yea unfortunately mine has a noise policy "no grunting" n shit like that.
It even has a daycare. Sad but true, no where else to lift now that the old iron depot closed up.

Young&Hungry
01-17-07, 6:34 pm
hell yea unfortunately mine has a noise policy "no grunting" n shit like that.
It even has a daycare. Sad but true, no where else to lift now that the old iron depot closed up.

Hahahaa, mine has the no grunting policy also.
No gym bags or gallon water bottles on the gym floor, either.
Slamming weights isn't "allowed", either.
Since it's such a puss gym, a lot of the big guys that I train with do it anyways, and it's a sight to see when people try to tell us different.

IMBACK
01-17-07, 6:37 pm
I go to a gym the everyone in town is at. I purchased an IPOD just for the simple fact that no one comes up to talk to me. A lot of the time its not even on, but if i dont have it ill be there for hours without getting anything done.

JUGGERNAUT
01-17-07, 6:39 pm
Yeah, mine has "NO BOOTS or Jeans" I wanna hurt somebody everytime I go in there so I hurt their equipment instead. I know for a fact I'm one of the few in there that wore out their cable on the low pully row haha Rules suck

Shrug
01-17-07, 6:44 pm
I work out at two gyms. One is this hardcore powerlifting gym... got no problems with that. The other one's a different story, though. It's one of the "Big 3" gym chains.

Anyhoo, about 3 days ago I was squatting on the power rack when I failed on my last rep. Three "fitness trainers" who were currently assisting two 40-something soccer moms and one gay dude just looked at me and didn't even give me a spot. Of course I had no choice but to drop the bar on the pins.

It made such a loud bang that everybody was looking at me like I was crazy. At my regular powerlifting gym, dropping weights don't mean shit.

About 10 seconds later, the "head trainer" came to me and told me how I shouldn't lift weights I couldn't handle. I told him I have no problem with the weight, but if his skinny trainers helped me instead of just staring at me, then I wouldn't have dropped the bar in the first place.

What he said next, I couldn't believe: "You really shouldn't lift heavy in the first place."

I'm not kidding. Not lift heavy? Then what was I supposed to do in the gym, lift the pink weights???

I cancelled my membership right there and then.

McKnife
01-17-07, 10:13 pm
About the gym I work in: 1:DON'T MAKE NOISE!!!... what a stupid thing!, 2: all those 15 to 20 years old who don't have the real dedication when it come to lift weight: they look at the girls and hardly do sets of curl with a good form but hey: they can curl 50 pounds (how heavy that is!)....

About the gym I workout in: all those people just here to talk and have some fun. I'm not here to have fun so why are u?? And then they look at you as if you were a monster... c'mon I'M JUST SERIOUS ABOUT THIS BUSINESS!! IT'S NOT TO BE COOL BUT TO BE ME, THAT'S HOW I LIVE!!!!! and now I should say how WE ALL LIVE

hitEMhard
01-17-07, 10:31 pm
the losers who superset with every machine in the f'ing place at once

KEEPtheZEN
01-17-07, 11:38 pm
People who make a whole day of curls. The guy on the smith machine benching as if he had a chance with free bench at the same wt. I must agree with the statement about chains/bands, they look at you like you dishonored their family. The gym is my time inside my own head so that is where I stay.

Bombboy
01-18-07, 12:31 am
Being here in Iraq, and being in Afghanistan not long ago I've realized somethings never change. Everyone comes over here thinking "I'm gonna get ripped, I'm gonne get trong, I'm gonna get big" then they walk into the gym 8 people deep and try to take over one bench, one rack or one area and they all try to workout together. Spending more time bullshiting the lifting could you imagine having 7 workout partners fuck that now I understand why I get dirty looks when I grunt out my last heavy DL rep and collapse to the floor trying not to puke.

BB

wolfpak
01-18-07, 1:31 am
Does this flip anybody else out:

Not only did jerky before me 'forget' to rack his weights, but the barbell I'm staring at looks like a 6-year old's art project! Counting out from the bar, I see a 25 plate, a 10 plate, a big 45, and a 5 -- in that order!

The hell kind of progression is that? You mak'n a sandwich?

Muscle
01-18-07, 11:34 am
#1) Motherfuckers w/egos. I hate the assholes who wear their little sister's t-shirt and walk around w/ALS (Air Lat Syndrome) like they own the place. They go over and put 315 lbs on the bench and move it 3" for 3 reps. Whoopdy fuckin' do---I can put 700 lbs on the goddamn bar and move it that fuckin' far. You dumbasses look like you've never picked up a weight in your life.

I'm not here to impress other people---this ain't the zoo and I'm not on fuckin' display. If you want to find me brutha, I'll be on stage in a few weeks and you're welcome to come stand under the hot lights for all the world to see. Who's laughin' now??

Grim Tavis
01-18-07, 3:46 pm
Haha...some great stuff on this thread.

Wolfpak...that "making a sandwhich" line killed me!

We have a guy at our gym that does the same thing when doing squats. I can't recall exactly what the order was, but again, it was something like:

10/5/25/45/10/25 some crazy-ass order. The thing just LOOKED unbalanced. I mean, I can understand (kinda) putting 5's or 10's on AFTER the 45's...but why the hell would they be on before?

Weird.

Jerico
01-19-07, 2:15 am
Theres so much shit that bothers me at my gym. I mean everyones got a right to be there but shit you can atleast put out some effort while your there. I cant stand people who just talk on cell phones and take up space, or the people who take about 20 minute rests between sets. I also absolutely hate it when i have to clean up someone elses weights so i can use a machine, clean your own shit up. I try to just pull my hat down, turn up my ipod and zone out all the stupid shit that goes on in my gym because all im there for is to lift and get big.

Big Mic
01-19-07, 5:23 am
Being here in Iraq, and being in Afghanistan not long ago I've realized somethings never change. Everyone comes over here thinking "I'm gonna get ripped, I'm gonne get trong, I'm gonna get big" then they walk into the gym 8 people deep and try to take over one bench, one rack or one area and they all try to workout together. Spending more time bullshiting the lifting could you imagine having 7 workout partners fuck that now I understand why I get dirty looks when I grunt out my last heavy DL rep and collapse to the floor trying not to puke.

BB

I hear you on that. I was over in Iraq and Kuwait a few times. Those groups would come in and buyllshit and clown around more than they would do anything else. Then they want to criticize what I do. I would just look at them, laugh and walk away. Over in Iraq I would go with two other guys but I work out alone. For one I know what works for my body so my routines are strict and I refuse to stray. So do my boys. We might spot eachother but we go it alone. Thats how I like it... ALONE. Just me and the weights.

Foyer
01-19-07, 10:23 am
Same shit different town. We have the no dropping, no grunting and no chalk rules. The owners and staff are always coming up to me and say hey didn't you see the sign not to drop the weights. My response is always the same -- Holy shit I have to fucking thank you because you solved the problem of my life -- I can't fucking read. They just walk away.

waugie14
01-19-07, 11:26 am
Since Im currently the only bb in my gym, the owner doesnt give me any shit, i drop weights, have my bag and drink on the floor, since im the only one he understands. kool shit.

Grim Tavis
01-19-07, 2:50 pm
Sounds like some pain in the ass gyms.

On the other hand, we got guys at my gym that piss me off dropping weights more for show than anything else. Now, we got some of our heavier dumbbells that are all messed up from guys dropping them.

I mean, if you are failing on a last rep and you drop the bell from a foot or so, hey...no problem. But when you are doing military presses and drop the things from 4 feet up...I got a problem with that.

Show respect for the iron.

benmatthews90
01-19-07, 3:19 pm
Show respect for the iron.

and it'l respect you.
i.e. not fuck your shoulders when you throw the weight around

D-Rock
01-19-07, 3:40 pm
I work out at a joint called "Ultimate Fitness" it's in Long Island Ny. As far as a gym goes it's got everything you need to get the job done. The only problem is it's like a fucking disco. They blast shitty techno house music all day and all night. It's a bunch of bright neon bulbs and it's one of the biggest if not the biggest gym on L.I. So with that we have a ton of members alot of people that are just there taking up space especially this month with all the fake resolutions. It's also expensive and the owner is a greedy bastard $53 a month and we don't even have a fucking water fountain. All in all though I can't complain much it's got everything I need to train properly and with intensity and it's so close to home I can throw a rock at it. I go at night between the hours of 8-10 and going at this time every night for the past 3 years I have developed a good relationship with about 11-12 people who I have seen every night at the same time for the past 3 years. These are the people who make that gym worth all the problems we have a small brotherhood going so I have grown to be very partial to my night club gym. 3 of us in particular are animalpak.com aholics so it's a great thing.

grunt1-1969
01-19-07, 4:04 pm
Biggest dumbells -120 lbs.

The "coffe clutch club" holding a meeting in front of the free weights
Get the hell out of my way!!

TheOak_akl
01-19-07, 4:17 pm
[QUOTE=Muscle;7826]#1)
I'm not here to impress other people---this ain't the zoo and I'm not on fuckin' display. QUOTE]

ha ha. Thats classic bro... Yeah i have a few of those at my gym...

xtroutzx
01-19-07, 4:54 pm
The fact taht osu just got a new like 4 million dollar gym and they decided to put 1 cable cross machine in it.

Lawman
01-20-07, 2:31 am
I used to work out at a YMCA, and you can't actually call it a gym, its a "Family fitness facility" filled with soccer moms and wanna be's that wear alot of gold and can't bench as much as my mom. Anyway, I'm in there one day, doing dumbell bench, and I take off my sweatshirt and lay it on the bench I'm working on. This "trainer" who has pencil arms and a big fucking beer gut, walks up to me and says I either have to wear my sweatshirt or leave, cause I can't have it on the "fitness floor". I was so stunned that I couldn't think of anything to say.

Needless to say, I've moved on. Found a place where there are some big dudes, and some serious people. No more soccer moms.

chuckdapig
01-20-07, 10:27 am
I wasn't to impressed with my local Y either. I live in a "upscale" area and everyone at that Y is either a soccer mom or someother social event type. After one day of people staring at me because I wasn't wearing matching shirt / shorts combo by Abercrombie and my tattoos were visible, or maybe it was because I actually "lifted" the weights in an attempt to make myself stronger I cancellled my membership. The "director" lady didn't hesitate to help me cancel and had kind of a "don't want your type anyway" attitude. So much for that Young Men's Christian Association theory of accepting everyone.

addiction543
01-20-07, 11:18 am
I wasn't to impressed with my local Y either. I live in a "upscale" area and everyone at that Y is either a soccer mom or someother social event type. After one day of people staring at me because I wasn't wearing matching shirt / shorts combo by Abercrombie and my tattoos were visible, or maybe it was because I actually "lifted" the weights in an attempt to make myself stronger I cancellled my membership. The "director" lady didn't hesitate to help me cancel and had kind of a "don't want your type anyway" attitude. So much for that Young Men's Christian Association theory of accepting everyone.

i work out at a y also but overall it's pretty good, dumbells up to 150, can almost always find a squat rack, no one has a problem with grunting, water bottles, droping weight, ect. we do have our usual bench and curl guys but whatever you get that at any gym

xb24
01-20-07, 11:19 am
I work out at two gyms. One is this hardcore powerlifting gym... got no problems with that. The other one's a different story, though. It's one of the "Big 3" gym chains.

Anyhoo, about 3 days ago I was squatting on the power rack when I failed on my last rep. Three "fitness trainers" who were currently assisting two 40-something soccer moms and one gay dude just looked at me and didn't even give me a spot. Of course I had no choice but to drop the bar on the pins.

It made such a loud bang that everybody was looking at me like I was crazy. At my regular powerlifting gym, dropping weights don't mean shit.

About 10 seconds later, the "head trainer" came to me and told me how I shouldn't lift weights I couldn't handle. I told him I have no problem with the weight, but if his skinny trainers helped me instead of just staring at me, then I wouldn't have dropped the bar in the first place.

What he said next, I couldn't believe: "You really shouldn't lift heavy in the first place."

I'm not kidding. Not lift heavy? Then what was I supposed to do in the gym, lift the pink weights???

I cancelled my membership right there and then.

I too was doing squats and you could hear a pin drop in the place, they hardly even play music loud. I was going balls out on squats went ass in the bucket and instead of dumping the iron dumped me, I fell back on my ass and the weight slammed to the ground, O boy the stares I got that lol. O well fuck them i'm there to train, not do 10 minutes of cardio and call it a day.

GoldieLocks
01-20-07, 12:22 pm
[QUOTE=Lawman;9447] This "trainer" who has pencil arms and a big fucking beer gut, walks up to me and says I either have to wear my sweatshirt or leave, cause I can't have it on the "fitness floor". QUOTE]

My arms are bigger than all of the little boy trainers they got working there.(and let's not get talking about their legs...lol). It's a total "eye-cramp" place...everyone's starting at everyone...I have my ipod blarring, my visor pulled down and got my 2 layers of clothes on when I go in there...I hate making eye contact with these dorks, and they are looking at ME thinking I'm the odd duck...I really am shopping around to find a better (more hard core lifting set-up, not "fitness fluff")

slainte151
01-20-07, 1:23 pm
I too occasionally train at a country club type gym after work during the week. As for dropping the weights, ive noticed one guy drop two 50lb. dumbs like they were 120. He also then flexes in the mirror for a good two minutes. Irritating.

peterpyper
01-20-07, 4:11 pm
I too occasionally train at a country club type gym after work during the week. As for dropping the weights, ive noticed one guy drop two 50lb. dumbs like they were 120. He also then flexes in the mirror for a good two minutes. Irritating.

haha maybe he was so pumped rofl,but give me a break 50 pounds ?maybe if it was 90 pounds but still takes alot of energy and prob dmg rotatoer cuff and wasteing energy to do that

YoungDiesel
01-20-07, 4:18 pm
I work out at Gold's Gym. Its a great gym and all but man i wish i could drop the weights. I have to be careful with the dumbells....cant "clean"...and can't even do heavy deadlift. Lucky for me that i lift at school for powerlifting practice and can go heavy and drop the weights. I would love an old-school gym and im only 17.

YoungDiesel
01-20-07, 4:24 pm
Worst thing is the people who flex in the mirror who should be more worried about lifting. It always the small teenage kids like people at my school haha and the middle aged men who think they are cock diesel.

The German Wolf
01-20-07, 4:31 pm
It basic gym manners. Amen brother. I can't agree more.

The German Wolf

slainte151
01-20-07, 5:39 pm
1- Horrible form , too much weight
2- Flexers
3- Dumbbell Island
4- Droping dumbbells that weigh less then 60

pumpaholic
01-20-07, 9:27 pm
It sounds like we all have the same universal problems. I just use it for amusement between sets. I just wish my gym had more plates. I don't think I have ever seen someone put up their weights at my gym. If they had more weights at least I wouldn't have to dig through a stack to find the weight that I need.

napalm bomb
01-22-07, 1:22 pm
omg at my old gym they used to play nick lagay or whatever the fukc his name is all the time. Ironically, his "music" gave me better workouts cuz i'd get pissed as shit everytime his songs came on. Also theres this guy who thinks he's a hard ass for squatting 400 lbs but only goin down like 3 inches. He gives out a T-REX scream and starts cheering like he accomplished something. Fukcing dumbass

Bad Intentions
01-22-07, 2:16 pm
The New Years Resolution Crowd..people that show up with the same ol shit resolution of getting in shape and quitting in two weeks..they take up space!! Dedicate your life to it or stay out..

dbbeast
01-22-07, 4:49 pm
well i lift at college and every year like clock work we have a fuckin influx of "spring-breakers" all they do is bench press and curls. like the month the have before vaca will turn them into fuckin fabio(fuck that bitch too!) they stand around with their fuckin thumbs up their asses until it's time to curl again. same goes for the incoming freshmen. some are cool and get their shit done but most just suck.

wolfpak
01-26-07, 5:43 pm
I wish I made this stuff up:

Skinny guy at my gym? Changed the radio from classic rock to.. CLASSICAL!
I was this close.. thiiiiis close!

PS: This photo-- dude on the right is fake right? Nobody's THAT big..(?)
http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-steroids-naahhh-0q5.jpg

beefhungrybear
01-26-07, 6:01 pm
my gym has too many fucking tv's; rather have nuthing than all that dumb music; the tv's play music videos all day /night long

Strongarm
01-26-07, 8:03 pm
Full. Body. Curls.

Hell, f you can master using every fiber in your body to CURL, then shit, you shouldn't have any trouble focusing on just one muscle group at a time.

jeff00z28
01-26-07, 9:31 pm
I used to think my gym was kinda lame but after seeing all these threads about all of hte d-bags at everyone elses gyms the d-bags at mine arent lookin to bad

BitterNdThenSome
01-26-07, 9:51 pm
i lift at a ymca, so i pretty much encounter every bullshit action possible. monday night bench press contests between the pencil necks, stare downs with assholes using the only power cage to do barbell curls, weights in all kinds of dicked up orders and places throughout the gym, people talkin on the damn phone, people buggin me about "what i take" or "what a good routine/diet" is... its really an awful gym, im switchin over to a world gym in feb./march.

BitterNdThenSome
01-26-07, 9:52 pm
Full. Body. Curls.

Hell, f you can master using every fiber in your body to CURL, then shit, you shouldn't have any trouble focusing on just one muscle group at a time.

i call that the reverse hang clean, and the ymca is the breeding ground for this exercise, cause any asshole with a headband and 20 bucks can train there for a month.

pdiesel
01-27-07, 12:20 am
at school, the worst thing is that there is no seated calf raise and there is only one machine for hamstrings, which is real real old..

at home, i hate how i cant use chalk..i need it on my heavy set of deads..

Mean Machine
01-27-07, 1:15 am
1. No chalk
2. Nobody squats. There are so many guys at my gym that have huge upper bodies but they are walkin around on tooth picks. Kinda makes you wonder if they are really as hardcore as they try to look. I am seriously the only person that squats or deadlifts at my gym.

Mickey
01-27-07, 1:45 am
my gym's in a rich suburb so what grinds my gears is the looks i get from all the looks i get from the stuck up 60 year old people on the elliptical machines when i interupt their 401K convo when i scream on my last couple of reps...

Dare_devil
01-27-07, 6:51 am
well the worst thin abt my gym is that it has every fucking thing limited.i see these a**holes at the gym who cant even lift weights and still they say that "i need this dumbell in my ass".

cartertk
01-27-07, 8:35 am
I just had to let you guys in on ths one. I hate all the funny looks cuz your actually lifting and pushing yourself but nothing could prepare u guys for this. There re these 2 guys that come in most nights when I go to workout. When dey come in they do the exact same workout everyday. I mean it's obvious but what's worse is they come in and immediately put 3 plates on the bench. One of them is benching and the other one is curling. It's crazy. Then they try to pat each other on the back like they are in the fu**in boy scouts. I mean neither one of them could do 1 rep with 3 wheels on the bar. Not even a half rep. And they have the nerve to look at other guys like dey are really pro power lifters are something. Dey make me sick to my stomach. So much more to say but these are the worst.

amateur_lifter
01-27-07, 11:21 am
I agree with a good portion of what some of you have posted. Some of you guys had me rolling on the floor laughing at how you'll talk to the newbies. I just have two things I have to add...

The smoker... The guy who comes in from outside stinking of smoke and proceeds to workout/do cardio whatever they do. That's worse than running on the treadmill for an hour then celebrating by going to McDonalds for your favorite Mc trans-fat combo.

Also occasionally i'll bring a friend along just to try to introduce him to the sport because he says he wants to make some serious gains, naturally I give everyone one chance. First thing I ask is what he eats for breakfast and usually by the third of fourth excersize he's complaining. I hate getting let down by so many people who just arn't committed enough to change.

Thumperz
01-27-07, 12:01 pm
It's so funny to read these. It's been said in here earlier, "I'd love to create my own gym." Till looked at the cost of some machines. Most machines are over $1,000 each. That adds up quick. (I want to put a power rack in my house)

Flexers are funniest.
People staring at is annoying
People sitting on the benches with like 4 different dumbell sets under their bench gets on my nerves.
The 1st few months of the year and Monday nights.
I can feel the estrogen growing from the music.

I would love to work out at a little hard core gym, but mine does have babysitting so it enables my wife to come too which is nice.

wolfpak
01-30-07, 12:52 pm
This one goes out to the guys WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER! If I see 15lb. dumbells left on the floor, I chalk it up to newbie incompetence and don't mind re-racking (for my own safety if not everyone's).

HOWEVER...

When I see 110lbs dumbells left around the room, on a bench, leaning up |against the rack|, I gotta say this is no newbie oversight. This is a bonafied heavyweight with lots of experience and NO MANNERS.

People watch us. Set an example. Rack your &%#'n weight!

Buckeye
01-30-07, 12:58 pm
teenagers who go b/c they want to keep tabs on their girlfriend/boyfriend and not enough free weights.

vik
01-30-07, 1:31 pm
people that get in your way and all there doing is talking.

speedster00
01-30-07, 4:45 pm
Non animals. I work out during lunch time at a small gym. The handull of us that are in there do work out. But I'm the only one moving weight. They look at me funny when I DL 3 plates....ITS ONLY 315lbs PEOPLe. But aparently I'm a freak.

And those same people, when you give them advice, dont give a shit. For example, this tool was squating 100lbs total in a smith machine yesterday....with a puss pad sitting on the back of his neck.....I politely said "you may want to change your form" and went on to explain why....he brushed me off and didnt do another set....I HATE people like that. They need to just leave.

asilab
01-30-07, 5:30 pm
The tiny ass room they have for free weights it's actually an old "Bank Vault," the door still attached...

smoph197
01-30-07, 5:32 pm
1. Plates are laying around everywhere.
2. The leg machines are never being used (BETTER FOR ME!)
3. Stares
4. People trying to make conversation.
5. No showers...

antonito
01-30-07, 7:39 pm
The trainers at my place have told everyone to use the rubber bands. Whatever, it's not my body being wasted, the problem is though that they rap them around the only usefull things in the gym, like the cages and the military press racks. Godamnit, go wrap that thing around that tricep machine that nobody uses.

I can't complain about my gym too much though, when my friend and I started dropping the 110 db's, they switched to the rubber db's. They could have just gotten more rubber mats, but hey they're trying. And that they have 110's. It was what got us there in the first place, it'd be cool to see higher, but when the average highest is 80, it's a start.

No chalk allowed though, but I guess there has to be compromises till I can get my home gym up and going (which would involve a home, not a hole in the wall apartment, so it's going to be a longer partnership than I'd like)

And like everyone else has said, posers, tough guys, time wasters and flirters can all go suck it.

nihiloexnihil
01-30-07, 9:22 pm
What about the guy on the hip abductor machine, reading a book.

What the fuck?

LightsOut
01-30-07, 9:29 pm
when kids come in and do 4 sets of curls and leave...in reality no harm is done, but why fucking bother, youre just in my way.

Aengus
01-30-07, 10:25 pm
people who don't heed these obvious truths:

1: If I wanted your opinion, i would probably ask for it. Frankly, if I am not in direct threat of death, leave me alone.

2: If you try to give me advice on anything, you had better be a damn sight bigger, stronger, or leaner than me. The next guy who has legs the size of my arms, yet chides me for bad form on the leg press, is going to die.

3: If you are lifting (or at least TRYING to lift), more weight than Ronnie Coleman, and you are a buck-sixty, you had better be one strong motherfucker. I cannot belive the shit I have seen. Some bastard my size jerking around something like 7 pies on a t-bar row...he was fucking VERTICAL, i couldn't tell if he was doing shrugs or giving birth, but it certainly was not a t-bar row.

4: If you come up to me in the middle of my set and try to tell me to calm down or not push so hard, I will likely kill you. Do not interrupt a man in the middle of his set. FOR ANYTHING. It may be the last thing you do.

5: clean up your shit. ALL of it. This includes your sweat, towels, flesh, large lumps of chalk, straps, blood, or anything else you have put on any surface I am about to get intimate with.

6: Don't talk to me about how you are getting big, or how you are so strong. If you have to tell me, you are probably an asshole.

7: Asking me for advice is cool. I love to pass on the flame. But only god will save you if you ask for my advice, then refuse to listen when I don't agree with you. Or worse, tell me that what I have outlined is "too much work". If you want something bad enough, you will do whatever it takes to get it. Make your goals clear, and don't you dare walk away without bleeding, puking, passing out, or thinking that this set may actually tear your limbs from your torso.

8: If you have to ask me if you can be a bodybuilder, or more importantly, an Animal, you can't. You never have to ask...it just grows on you and in you. Soon, and without warning, the gym is the best part of your day.

Naturally Huge
01-30-07, 11:15 pm
Swiss balls and the fuckin' retards that try every exericise on them (even squats).

wolfpak
01-31-07, 1:10 pm
Swiss balls and the fuckin' retards that try every exericise on them (even squats).

Oh yeah- we got one of those.. smile on his face the whole time- like he's teaching an aerobics class or something. "4-more.. 3-more..."

If you're smiling, you're in the wrong room buddy.

Fletch
01-31-07, 1:24 pm
the fact that i work there...

the constant bodybuilder bashing

dumbells stop at 100lbs

SOCCER MOMS BLOCKING FREE WEIGHTS

the guys that come there to hit on said soccer moms....

wannabe lifting gurus...

basically its not a bodybuilding gym

jvm123
01-31-07, 1:49 pm
they have tons of great equipment but THERES ONLY ONE SQUAT RACK!!!!

DreamZero
01-31-07, 5:25 pm
Not really about my gym, but about my main training partner(don't wonder why I train 95% alone now..)

The little prick thinks he's tough. Real tough. Doing 2 exercices per muscle group, 6 groups a day, 7 days a week.. He sayin he's goin 7 days a week but I see him once maybe twice a week.. Affirmed virgin, he calls himself "the pimp" about 50 times a day(seriously) and can't stop fucking talkin when i'm doing sets I barely can finish. He keeps flexing and being proud of himself instead of pushing. He flipped me off when I asked him to spot my last skullcrusher set, which I tought I couldn't finish, more weight than ever. (This made me so mad I superset weighted dips right after) Actually, this d-bag fuels my fire and when he's around, I lift and groan more than ever.

This guy is just one exharcebed exemple of everything that pisses us off I guess..
Lift to lift. Period.
Peace

Steve7m
01-31-07, 6:53 pm
un-inspired fat lazy fucks that come to the gym to say they have a gym membership and go to the gym. people that have no clue how to build or cut and think they do. people that want results "now" yet refuse to open a book to read about the journy in getting there.

said people clogging up the gym.

cable
01-31-07, 9:06 pm
people who don't heed these obvious truths:

1: If I wanted your opinion, i would probably ask for it. Frankly, if I am not in direct threat of death, leave me alone.

2: If you try to give me advice on anything, you had better be a damn sight bigger, stronger, or leaner than me. The next guy who has legs the size of my arms, yet chides me for bad form on the leg press, is going to die.

3: If you are lifting (or at least TRYING to lift), more weight than Ronnie Coleman, and you are a buck-sixty, you had better be one strong motherfucker. I cannot belive the shit I have seen. Some bastard my size jerking around something like 7 pies on a t-bar row...he was fucking VERTICAL, i couldn't tell if he was doing shrugs or giving birth, but it certainly was not a t-bar row.

4: If you come up to me in the middle of my set and try to tell me to calm down or not push so hard, I will likely kill you. Do not interrupt a man in the middle of his set. FOR ANYTHING. It may be the last thing you do.

5: clean up your shit. ALL of it. This includes your sweat, towels, flesh, large lumps of chalk, straps, blood, or anything else you have put on any surface I am about to get intimate with.

6: Don't talk to me about how you are getting big, or how you are so strong. If you have to tell me, you are probably an asshole.

7: Asking me for advice is cool. I love to pass on the flame. But only god will save you if you ask for my advice, then refuse to listen when I don't agree with you. Or worse, tell me that what I have outlined is "too much work". If you want something bad enough, you will do whatever it takes to get it. Make your goals clear, and don't you dare walk away without bleeding, puking, passing out, or thinking that this set may actually tear your limbs from your torso.

8: If you have to ask me if you can be a bodybuilder, or more importantly, an Animal, you can't. You never have to ask...it just grows on you and in you. Soon, and without warning, the gym is the best part of your day.

hahaha awsome man, im a big fan of 5&6

Padre
02-01-07, 5:14 am
Where to begin....

1) I'm in the Army posted to a Air Force base and work out at a Air Force military gym surrounded by 100-150 lbs guys that think Men's Health is what powerlifting/bodybuilding is all about. Also, I've never seen so many AirForce types with ILS when I walk into a room.

2) Officers, Sr NCM's and Jr. NCM's that never know when to stop the "shop talk". They just stand there talking and bitching forever about everything in the military. Sheesh....I would love to say "Shut the hell up and train!" but being in the military, I can't....not until I get the Animal T-Shirts I ordered...Then I let the T-Shirts do the talking for me...BUHAHAHAHA!

3) When a 150 lbs deadweight demonstrates to another poor soul how to bench press improperly to the point of being comically dangerous.
Overheard: "I read how to do this in a magazine that had some guy named...Jonnie someone...Goleman, I think...explaining it this way."

4) As with everyone else that hates the typical gym prozac enduced atmosphere background music, I have my own music and when I place the earphones on my head, it helps motivate me with the up beat tunes I like. However, why do people want to talk to you when you headphones are on? First they come up to you and start beaking away at you; the whole time I can't hear them, nor want to hear them because I'm about to bench 400 lbs and need to focus. So you see this mime come out to you, loose your focus for the moment, remove a ear piece to hear that ...."it's a blizzard outside".

Again...waiting for the T-Shirts to arrive...

Big C
02-01-07, 10:21 am
This one lady always comes in dressed crazy and only does one thing....the eliptical machine.

Yesterday she had a huge black hat on that read "Got Wine?" instead of "Got Milk?"....then she had a Paris Hilton shirt on that said "That's Hot!"

Sad thing is she is like 45-years old and has 3 kids that come in with her and run all over the gym and goof around while she is doing the eliptical. I just shake my head in disgust, keep my hoodie and headphones on and continue to pump that heavy iron.

speedster00
02-01-07, 11:44 am
Not really about my gym, but about my main training partner(don't wonder why I train 95% alone now..)

The little prick thinks he's tough. Real tough. Doing 2 exercices per muscle group, 6 groups a day, 7 days a week.. He sayin he's goin 7 days a week but I see him once maybe twice a week.. Affirmed virgin, he calls himself "the pimp" about 50 times a day(seriously) and can't stop fucking talkin when i'm doing sets I barely can finish. He keeps flexing and being proud of himself instead of pushing. He flipped me off when I asked him to spot my last skullcrusher set, which I tought I couldn't finish, more weight than ever. (This made me so mad I superset weighted dips right after) Actually, this d-bag fuels my fire and when he's around, I lift and groan more than ever.

This guy is just one exharcebed exemple of everything that pisses us off I guess..
Lift to lift. Period.
Peace

soooo....why are you even friends with this said d-bag?

Knife
02-01-07, 1:02 pm
Used to have this lifting partner in an old gym, not real sure what the deal was but he got a stick up his ass and decided I wasn't worth his time or some shit like that. Anyway, his form was pretty much shit, and got shittier the more he tried to lift. All comes down to the last time I saw him he had two plates on the bar and I really couldn't tell if he was doing front squats or overhead presses. He just kinda squatted down then bounced the bar up a little. Then looks over at me like he's king shit on turd mountain. Whatever buddy..do your thing.

Another time I saw a guy I knew in the gym, wrecked his crotch rocket and had a broken arm all casted up and shit. I figured he was gonna do some leg stuff and call it good, so I went back to my shit, looked over a little later and the dumbass (who weighed prolly 130 drippin wet) was trying to bench 225 with a CAST. I know about dedication, but that was stupidity. Make a long story short he ended up doing something else to that arm, never got details but never saw him in the gym again.

wolfpak
02-01-07, 4:52 pm
Farters.

The Fate
02-01-07, 4:55 pm
I don't really hate this, I actually love to see it, someone with a decent bench, decent delts, and decent arms, but no back nor legs....They look like upside-down street cones, i love that shit.

mark
02-01-07, 5:00 pm
1) The damn group of "bodybuilders" who pull down there pants in the middle of the gym to compare leg size. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually had some decent leg size, but their legs could be used for toothpicks.

2) The group of above "bodybuilders" who snicker and make jokes about me box squatting. Yet, not only can i box squat their "max" weights for 5-8 reps, but i can pause squat their weights for sets of 5 as well without any of my gear on.

3) The people who say they could squat as much as me if they used my gear. Yet amazingly their never around me when i'm warming up without the gear, and see me do 90lbs more than their max for 3 reps before i put on my gear.

4) All the people in my gym who think i'm on the sauce because i lift more then them, and i get psyched before heavy sets. Little do they realize they could be strong too if they actually did something besides bitch and moan.

5) The shitty bars that start bending at 500lbs.

6) The crappy love music they play from time to time.

7) All the teen agers who constantly ask me what supps they need to take, or where they can get the sauce at, and then blow off my advice when i tell them they just need to get on a decent program and train hard while they're at the gym.

8) And last but not least... THE DAMN PEOPLE CURLING IN THE SQUAT RACK WITH 2.5s ON EACH SIDE OF THE FUCKING BAR...

Stretch
02-01-07, 6:25 pm
OK, we are now repeating ourselves...but the urge to bitch is too great, and I have been laughing my ass off. So here is my top 10 list...

1. If that fucking cellie goes off while I am struggling to rep out my last set of squats, I will shove that thing up your ass.

2. Your mother is too busy hitting on that 30 year old beach bod over by the cardio machine, so pick up your fucking weight.

3. If you need a gym bag to store all of your gear, fine. But the bench is not a god-damn repository for it while you circuit train through every fucking machine in the joint.

4. Ball huggers officially were done when John Stockton retired, and putting on spandex or sweats underneath them does not make it OK.

5. STFU and Train.

6. If you are not ready to step onstage tomorrow, take the fucking under armour off now.

8. If you can find a way to deadlift quietly with more than 100lbs, please come on over here and show me bitch.

9. Unless you are capable of catching the wieght I am lifting with your teeth, don't fucking bug me when I am in the middle of a set. If you want to know about gear, fuck-off, just because I can actually bench my body weight doesn't mean that I am using it or that I know where to get it.

10. Unless you look like Ronnie/Jay/et. all, I don't fucking give a shit what you think about me, the noise, the wieght, or my form.

Big-Ivan
02-01-07, 8:02 pm
Hi everybody. This is my first post and i would like to share my thoughts and describe my gym situation. I am 23 year old man and i train fucking hard in a local town gym and i have a big problem with gym management or should i say manager, who doesn't know how to run a gym and he is not very bright, I hate when i train hard and there a manager comes and starts complaining about everything like sweat, screaming and my Animal behaviour.

*edited*
no need for intensive discussion, this is un-needed and i will grant you a warning and not a infraction, if you continue to ignore the rules of our home then you shall be swiftly kicked off. respect in the gym no matter how you are feeling is vital.

MELTDOWN
02-01-07, 10:25 pm
is he complaining or just doing his job? do you wipe up your sweat, do you just scream to be screaming, and what "animal behaivour" are you presenting...sweating, and screaming? are you at a gym or fitness facility?
if it's that bad and you feel that jacked up, i think i would find another place to lift......

HAWK
02-01-07, 11:41 pm
Hi everybody. This is my first post and i would like to share my thoughts and describe my gym situation. I am 23 year old man and i train fucking hard in a local town gym and i have a big problem with gym management or should i say manager. You see he is, as a title of this quote says, STUPID SKINY ASS GYM MANAGER BITCH who doesn't know how to run a gym and he is not very bright, i could say he is stupid motherfucker. I hate when i train hard and there a manager bitch comes and starts complaining about everything like sweat, screaming and my Animal behaviour.

is he complaining or just doing his job? do you wipe up your sweat, do you just scream to be screaming, and what "animal behaivour" are you presenting...sweating, and screaming? are you at a gym or fitness facility?
if it's that bad and you feel that jacked up, i think i would find another place to lift......

Agreed man. Just because you scream and sweat it don't make you an Animal...and just because the manager of the gym asks you to chill out and respect the other people don't make him a mother fucker. If it's that big of a deal to you, I would just find another gym to lift in, no sweat off your back.

BigWillay
02-01-07, 11:56 pm
When a skinny ass nerdy looking dude who has studied a little nutrition and watched a couple of bodybuilding training vids, does a couple of fitness tests and is considered a personal trainer when he doesnt even have a vien runnin thru one of his biceps let alone his whole body isnt even the size of one of my quads....

too make matters worse while im doing my heavy ass squats ass to the floor and he has clients and theyre look at me like im crazy and they ask him why is he doing that to himself...he replies oh no dats not good thats over training and very dangerous for the nervous system, better to be safe than sorry.
yeah i have to deal with that kinda crap while tryin to maxmize my squats lol....these fake trainer make me wanna school em so badddddd but like big ant said CONTROLLED RAGE...i keep it to myself and just train harder i guess

DA GOVNA
02-02-07, 12:05 am
Where to begin....

1) I'm in the Army posted to a Air Force base and work out at a Air Force military gym surrounded by 100-150 lbs guys that think Men's Health is what powerlifting/bodybuilding is all about. Also, I've never seen so many AirForce types with ILS when I walk into a room.

2) Officers, Sr NCM's and Jr. NCM's that never know when to stop the "shop talk". They just stand there talking and bitching forever about everything in the military. Sheesh....I would love to say "Shut the hell up and train!" but being in the military, I can't....not until I get the Animal T-Shirts I ordered...Then I let the T-Shirts do the talking for me...BUHAHAHAHA!

3) When a 150 lbs deadweight demonstrates to another poor soul how to bench press improperly to the point of being comically dangerous.
Overheard: "I read how to do this in a magazine that had some guy named...Jonnie someone...Goleman, I think...explaining it this way."

4) As with everyone else that hates the typical gym prozac enduced atmosphere background music, I have my own music and when I place the earphones on my head, it helps motivate me with the up beat tunes I like. However, why do people want to talk to you when you headphones are on? First they come up to you and start beaking away at you; the whole time I can't hear them, nor want to hear them because I'm about to bench 400 lbs and need to focus. So you see this mime come out to you, loose your focus for the moment, remove a ear piece to hear that ...."it's a blizzard outside".

Again...waiting for the T-Shirts to arrive...

hey PADRE i think the main problem is you are listening in on other peoples convos instead of hitting the wieghts hard Machine said it best "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TRAIN" im talkin to you padre if your really an animal then people in the gym should be like ghosts u shouldnt even be able to tell what color shirt thier wearing because the only things that matter in the gym are the the wieghts and you ...

jatta palu
02-03-07, 12:08 am
Farters.

ok....ummmm......thought i read it all....guess not

lol

maddawg
02-03-07, 12:21 am
gotta sneak the chalk in, they want me to try to keep the noise down, and those punk as kids who think there hot shit and are to cocky for there own good, those are the same kids who arent strong enough to re rack the weights when they are done with them. that shit makes me mad

navarro1
02-03-07, 3:59 am
i hate it that people cant pick up after themselves.
you got assholes who think they are trainers sitting on the fucking equipment
not doing shit
same goes for those ladies that have to sit on the damn bench when they are done with their standing DB curls at fucking 8lbs
punk kids who come in lifting 90lbs on a flye pulley and cable machine and try and walk away as if they were bigger than me..( i like to put in my max when they are done..when they see...they gimme dirty looks)
i need a real gym
to many bitch gyms around

never_2_big
02-03-07, 7:24 am
1. People chattin in their phones
2. Being told to keep my noise down
3. The shitty preacher curl bench

Guardian
02-03-07, 10:19 am
I hear ya on that one. And out of respect for the owner of my gym I will pick up weights left on machines I walk by but it gets pretty damn annoying.

I hear ya TheNaturalG, same here... it actually replaces my forearms exercises, lol.
Plus,
- plates are everywhere they might tripped somebody up
- there's no deadlift area, i feel weird doing deadlift because the entire gym would be staring at me

but i'm not complaining, the gym fee is the cheapest in town, 6 bucks/month

BODYBUILDER532
02-03-07, 1:39 pm
THE GYM I WAS at there were never enough benchs and music was terrible pop music and to many peaple not useing the benchs and leaving they would sit and talk ............IF YOU WANT to talk go some where else dont do it at the gym ..it gos with the saying" Im not here to talk"

Man it feels good to get that off my chest!!!

ahhh thanks

redpill
02-04-07, 2:10 pm
the thing that pisses me off at my gym is when people stand directly in front of the db racks. pick up the weight and move over, move back, get out of the way!

ShaqFu
02-04-07, 3:09 pm
guys that travel in packs n fucking kiss each others asses when the finish a set when the clearly dont know jack about lifting. Cell phones make me wanna beat the shit outta people who use in the gym, go home n talk u fuckin clowns. Peace boys

wolfpak
02-04-07, 5:36 pm
the thing that pisses me off at my gym is when people stand directly in front of the db racks. pick up the weight and move over, move back, get out of the way!

TOTALLY- the dumbells aren't chained to the rack friend..

Pain78
02-04-07, 5:50 pm
Shit where do I start! I guess my biggest problem with my gym is when some little asshole from the front desk comes up and asks me to please set the weight down quietly while I'm doing 400 pound deadlifts! Sometimes I feel like I'm working out in a library! Cell phones, too much talk, dumbbells don't go heavy enough, guys taking up a piece of equipment for 35 minutes, THE MUSIC Oh God, just what I want to listen to while deadlifting-Elton John! They're killin' me!!! Ah hell, I could rant all day on this one.

Q
02-04-07, 6:54 pm
I like my gym for the most part, but going at busy times pisses me off. Here are some reasons...

1. The group of guys who take up both of the flat benches and proceed to talk for a few minutes between every set.

2. The manager lady whose cell phone always goes off.

3. the skinny kid in airwalks who fixes his hair and poses in the mirror right in front of the DB rack.

4. The people that have to walk over a comment about how much im squatting or leg pressing (yeah, i know its a lot of weight, thats why im doing it)

5. The guys who are doing the same chest routine no matter what day you see them at the gym.

6. The people who never re-rack their weights (i have a lot of friends who work the gym so i put stuff back when its out of place).

7. I know everyone has to start somewhere but the people that do their set with no strain or focus on their face... come on, why are you here.

BigTruck
02-05-07, 7:09 am
i hate it when i am working with a mirror and someone walks infront of me.

Henis
02-05-07, 10:53 am
People not cleaning their sweat on benches.. it is like a cestpool of disseases!

DblBassTed
02-08-07, 12:53 pm
Missing pins, cardio bunnies that point and laugh when you miss a lift, and the world's shittiest standing calf machine.

Frankie86
02-08-07, 1:20 pm
My whole gym..want a new 1 so bad

wolfpak
02-08-07, 2:15 pm
I understand, accidents do happen...
...to idiots.

k1usa
02-08-07, 2:56 pm
when Im laying on the crunch machine...and I see an upside down face smile at me while he is removing a 10 pound weight from my stack....right as Im ready to start crunching.....I love these guys.....

also the girls on the cell phones....I tell them to stop.....cuz I cant hear myself grunting...and they laugh and walk away....

My gym is great...its the Fitness 19 in Fremont CA....great people...but at this time of the year with all the resolutionest...its a bit crowded

Benny
02-08-07, 3:18 pm
TOTALLY- the dumbells aren't chained to the rack friend..

Well this is one that I have to reply to for the simple reason that there is a reason why some of us stand there, it's because I don't want people walking infront of me while I am in the middle of the set. The whole lack of respect or gym etiquette. I don't walk in front of you when you are using the mirrors. I want to ensure that I am using good form so don't walk or stand in front of me.

Benny
02-08-07, 3:25 pm
Well this post is long and not sure if many will read this but I thought I would add a couple that I didn't read yet. But before I get to mine, I have found a way to deal with what most of you are complaining about. I wear my mp3 player to drown out everyone and keep me focused and I wear a hat nice and low so that I don't see to much of the dumb stuff going on.
By the sounds of things I have a good gym, fair bit of hardcore and just a little fluff, so it's a good mix. And the owners are great, get us stuff when we need it.
1. The individuals who make up their own exercises. 1 legged standing barbell curls! not sure how that helps
2. lack of gym etiquette or respect, ask before just taking a bench or machine, I have my gym bag there for a reason.
3. as many have said the ones with to much body english and too much weight, I am impressed by your 4 plate 1 inch squat with knee wraps, NOT. Thanks for coming out.

Ethics
02-08-07, 4:38 pm
Too many people that don't belong in the gym.

The ones that hop on a machine, do 1 set of 10, decide their muscles hurt and jump onto the next one to work a different muscle group, repeat.

MRG
02-09-07, 9:42 am
Dumbell Islands! Hate these guys, and people that don't re-rack. Horrible! I use to work at a gym and I would get pissed off repeating myself to dumbshits to re-rack their shit.

wolfpak
02-09-07, 1:54 pm
Dumbell Islands! Hate these guys, and people that don't re-rack. Horrible! I use to work at a gym and I would get pissed off repeating myself to dumbshits to re-rack their shit.

Yep- and my favorite from this morning..

Leaning plates AGAINST the rack instead of lifting it the 4 inches to replace it ON the rack.

And these are 45s! - 2.5s and 5s I'd chalk-up to newbie idiocy, but c'mon!

Hakuai
02-09-07, 2:52 pm
How about the people that try to start a conversation while lifting? I have done it all - wear headphones, look angry and nothing... finally I bought 3 of your T-Shirts that say Shut The Fuck and Train, so far it has done the trick.

Better yet though is the guy/girl that clearly does not know how to wipe his own a** and decides to do squats next to you letting that funk just clear out the room.

Maharg
02-09-07, 3:31 pm

Dude i work at a gym right now and there is this great big Jackass who uses Dbs all the time and then puts the lightest weights on top of the heaviest so that by the time im down to the 120's im already tired. But the best thing he ever did to piss me of was say how he hates how people leave their shit on the bar or laying around as he leaves with 455 still on the bench press. I wanted to hit him with Db to the temple.

oleswole
02-09-07, 8:18 pm
I hate ass monkeys that use their cell phones on any peice of cardio equipment.....yapping away like they are movie stars.I find the nearest sweat covered towel and wack them in the face with it.

Tom
02-09-07, 8:48 pm
The worst part of all of the aforementioned is the management that allows it to continue happening in spite of complaints all while collecting your hard earned duckets to get a good workout you ain't gettn'! If I owned a gym I'd have one of the 15 pretty faces standing behind the counter pick up shit and keep the order even if I had to do it myself and you better believe I'd say something as management to all the offenders.

New owners bought my buddies gym and started telling people to hang up their cell phones and turn them off while the dudes on his call!LOL!!! "Work out or leave" this new management guy said! Hell Yeah! He might even be a member here with an attitude like that!

eblnyc
02-10-07, 12:05 am
I go to the gym at 1:oopm when no one is there! I have all the weights to myself! If there are alot of people I dont pay any attention to them,all i care about is lifting as balls out heavy as possible! I dont like hearing all this shit that gyms are giving bodybuilders a hard time! It fucking pissing me off!

Maharg
02-10-07, 12:07 am
The worst part of all of the aforementioned is the management that allows it to continue happening in spite of complaints all while collecting your hard earned duckets to get a good workout you ain't gettn'! If I owned a gym I'd have one of the 15 pretty faces standing behind the counter pick up shit and keep the order even if I had to do it myself and you better believe I'd say something as management to all the offenders.

New owners bought my buddies gym and started telling people to hang up their cell phones and turn them off while the dudes on his call!LOL!!! "Work out or leave" this new management guy said! Hell Yeah! He might even be a member here with an attitude like that!

Dude it sounds like you have a winner.

KSpartan22
02-10-07, 2:39 pm
Its gotta be the way these clowns dress. Who the hell in their right mind wears knee high rainbow socks and short shorts to go workout in??? WTF? And dealin with the damn kids from my school jaw dropping when I start a set and all of em wanting to talk and shake my hand when Im done. Breaks my focus. Theres a time and place for it. When Im tired and breathing heavy, headphones blaring, not the place for it.

I want to smack the kids who have been coming in to the gym everyday for monthes and even years and never have gotten stronger. And when I go in each week stronger than before and they say, "Its gotta be roids." I hate the ignorance.

Revolutionary
02-10-07, 3:02 pm
Alright everyone or it seems like everyone hates something so let me post mine... hehehe.
I hate the little old men who fuckin look gay and are in my way..
I hate the women who talk the whole time and dont lift....
I hate the people who do 50 sets of the same machine and do 1 set every 30 min.....
the motha fucking personal trainers who are fat and fuckin sloppy....

In Miami when i lived there at my other gym i loved it except for the fact that I always lifted alone and am fucking hardcore lifting like a madman.... lol and these spanish guys would say I was a "fuckin Nazi machine" in spanish and (although I look like a fuckin Nazi I am not) i cant help it that im white.... Too bad they aint know im half hispanic and speak spanish fluently lol hehehe...

Newton
02-10-07, 7:58 pm
I hate people at the gym who feel it necessary to talk to me while I'm working out. But I'm not talking about while I'm resting; I'm talking about while I'm lifting. Unless you are yelling some sort of motivational phrase there should be no reason to talk to me while I'm lifting, period. I don't want to hear about your pregnant wife, car problems, or shitty job. I've gotten rid of a few workout partners because they couldn't get it through their skulls to just shut up.

polynesianwarrior
02-10-07, 9:16 pm
1) People Who Dont Rerack There Shyt .... Bad E Nuff I Gotta Urack N Re Reack My Shyt !! But Yours Too..!! N Wipe Ya Dayum Sweat Up Too U Slob !!

2) Shut Tha Fuck Up An Train...... Geeeeeeeeeeez...... Join A Fukkin Social Club.... Your In My Way !!

3) We Dont Have A Donkey Calf Machine........ Shyt ... I Do It Old Skool .. But Then Again U Cant Go Wrong With Old Skool I Guess!!

4) Did I Mention Shut Up An Train :) To Much Talkin Goin On .. Dis Is Y I Train Bymyself

Padre
02-11-07, 2:57 am
hey PADRE i think the main problem is you are listening in on other peoples convos instead of hitting the wieghts hard Machine said it best "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TRAIN" im talkin to you padre if your really an animal then people in the gym should be like ghosts u shouldnt even be able to tell what color shirt thier wearing because the only things that matter in the gym are the the wieghts and you ...

Nice.

Anytime your around this way, drop by and we'll see who is a real "Animal"... Jurior. I'm always up for a good friendly challenge.

*By the way, I'm a member of the Military Police ... so being aware of my surrounding is embeded in me. My post was a list of some of the things I've noticed while being posted here in Winterpeg...er...Winnipeg. It was supposed to be "witty" but I guess certain members frown on witty remakes here.

Oh yeah...if by some chance you do come here....DON'T drink the water from the tap...I swear it makes people stupid. Arrest files will contest to that.

Nas
02-12-07, 5:36 am
[QUOTE=Wolf Man CHG;1602]lack of fire.....

I feel ya, man! Same shit here.

Plus the classics:

1. People that don't re-rack their weights
2. Extra flat plasma TV.
3. People watching 2. - cause they sit on the bench I need
4. Gym owner playing personal trainer to date a fat girl
5. That big morron that asks me how much I bench press
6. The same wanting to max out on BB curls
7. That skinny doc who once asked me right after I finished a tough serie of back squats if I did front squats too because they were good for blablabla and because he used to blablabla

Nas
02-12-07, 6:44 am
8. Guys that chat w/ their future-ex GF on their mobile when all their friends listen and laugh loud.
9. The same on the flat BB press on a Monday PM, telling about their WE party and how many Vodka/RedBull they drank and how drunk they were so that they puke everywhere. But hey, make them workout till they puke and they'll find it disgusting and insane

mitsie
02-12-07, 7:37 am

Fully agree with you. maybe we should put our heads together and come up with a solution, in teaching these inconsiderates a lesson in gym ethics. Second thing that really gets me riled is if someone aske you how many sets you still have to do, dont mind that, but when they hang around and check out your ass , man leave your towel or bottle and go do something els and respect my space.

mitsie
02-12-07, 8:00 am
Monday mornings. Same as Freak posts. You need to get there at 4:30 am for a 5am workout to clean up after the Sunday night crew. I HATE that. Rest of the week is not too bad.

I swear, I need to head over there one Sunday evening and teach some folks a few manners.

I hate Mondays as well cause everybody had to much on the weekend and its every Monday resolution to worke of the weekend excess. By Wednesday its just the old timers.

mitsie
02-12-07, 8:32 am
Nobody re-racks weights

No chalk allowed

No drinks allowed

Student workers telling me to quiet down while I do my t-bar rows

I love women, but they sit on the machines and dont lift the majority of the time they are sitting on them, they tend to treat the machines like bar stools, not workout equipment.

and I love the looks I get.

Hi don,t generalize I go to pump, and alawys get the old "training hard" from the guys is there any other way? And ever consider we might be looking to see how it gets done its not like we can walk up and aske you for instructions just a thought use it dont use it.

mitsie
02-12-07, 9:00 am
hahaha awsome man, im a big fan of 5&6

The best yet. Keep it coming

Lestat
02-12-07, 9:17 am
you guys should try working out in a gym in iraq...if any of you know the army, you know joes will destroy anything. these joes i speak of lift in packs of 4-5 scrawny, slow moving, grab assin idiots. 99% of the people in the gyms here have no clue of gym etiquette. i would say the thing that pisses me off the most is having to pull a 45, 35, 45, and 25lb plate just to get to the 10 that i need that is buried. everyday it is an uphill battle not to beat the $h*T out of some stupid idiot. or swing a barbell into a group of 4 unexpecting morons. most of the gyms over here look like an unorganized 10 year olds bedroom. it is an avid weight lifters worse nightmare. and i hate the guy who stands there and raps to his ipod while staring at himself in the mirror, not to mention hes doing this in front of the only working set of cables in the gym. not to mention there are 10,000 people on my fob and fat, skinny, man or woman they all think that showing up at the gym is the silver bullet to all their problems, when what 90% of them need to do first is stop eating the chicken wings and ice cream at the chow halls. i hate going in day after day and staring at the same people who are going no where and seeing no results. they just need to stop lifting my weights and breathing my air, and get the f#ck out of our way. sorry for the vent

Conquistador
02-12-07, 10:54 am
The baseball players that load up the bar to only do quarter squats and then walk away like they accomplished something.

The dinosaur of a strength coach that tries to make me move racks so his group of players can all lift in a big group

The fucking rap that gets played on the stereo.

Iron_Spirit
02-12-07, 4:57 pm
No gym in my town is decent enought to have dumbbells past 90. Man, that sucks. I gotta lift part home part in the gym cuz of that.

I think i'm gonna start using EZ Barbells as DB's, haha.

mitsie
02-13-07, 8:17 am
the "why do you want to look like that?" look

they dont get that we do it so we done have to look like them

Oh trust me its because they will never look like that, its easy to criticize, instead of getting your ass into shape

BeastFromMiddleEast
02-13-07, 11:27 am
Pisses the shit out of me when I am listening to my System of a Down at a moderate volume on my Mp3 player and the stereo is with some kind of new hip hop/R&B song and there is that one guy that starts to sing and turn up the volume all the way, just as I am in the middle of set of 220 Sultan Squats.

I get so damn mad that it actually helps me release my anger and add another 10 pounds to each side, I hate and love that guy.

So for you all that hate some people at the gym, build up your anger and bust a mindblowing set of your next excersise.

darkside64
02-13-07, 5:34 pm
So I was checking out gyms a while back, and I came across this one place. I thought well its pretty cheap let's see what they have to offer. This gym turns out to have a thing called "noise control" meaning that if someone works out too hard and grunts and alarm or some shat will go off. Needless to say I decided to go to Gold's.

NickSP
02-13-07, 5:51 pm
No, it's pathetic they're starting to show up in a lot of "fitness centers" and it's retarded

Gainer65
02-13-07, 6:03 pm
A gym I checked out had a Bar in it.Yes It served alcohol and even had neon beer signs in it.

JUGGERNAUT
02-13-07, 6:05 pm
A gym I checked out had a Bar in it.Yes It served alcohol and even had neon beer signs in it.

In VEGAS? haha

focused
02-13-07, 6:53 pm
yeah maybe gyms.....or "let me go here occasionally and talk on my cell phone and not know what the fuck these weights are for" now aren't meant for us animals?

more reason why we need more fuckin hardcore gyms around.

Phil800101
02-13-07, 7:13 pm
Did any of you guys hear about that one bodybuilder who was kicked out of his gym for grunting? I saw something about it on CNN a few months ago. I don't remember all the details, but it was something like they had a "no grunting" policy in their contracts, and he violated it, so they revoked his membership. I believe that he was planning on filing suit against the gym. Anyway, did anyone else hear about this?

Gainer65
02-13-07, 8:00 pm
In VEGAS? haha

No,Wisconsin....Go figure huh.

Tom
02-13-07, 8:14 pm
Yeah I heard about that guy on CNN. I heard it on a local radio station here and they got the guy and his attorney on to talk about it. Even the police were dumb founded by the report they had to write up stating "removed from gym for grunting." The owner finally called him and was only going to refund part of the current months dues but the man declined the offer. Infact he's going for all his dues to be refunded as he prepaid and now he's going for attorneys fees as well. The problem is that he's complaining the rule is too vague and says how was he supposed to know at what decimal was the limit. I hate to say it but no grunting is no grunting at any decimal. I feel those gyms don't want to be in business long as they're targeting a group comprising of 20% of the nation from the obesity epidemic rate and now their limiting that group even further. Bad business IMO but maybe there's more money in that group than I know, only time will tell.

musclealchemist
02-13-07, 8:15 pm
yea man, i heard about that dude getting kicked out the gym. Thats pretty stupid. You are going to kick out a member who is going to your gym and paying you money. The people running that gym are terrible at running a business.

NickSP
02-13-07, 8:20 pm
Yeah Phil, I think it might have been an LA fitness. The dude was squatting like 500 and they said something to him and when he started arguing back or whatever they called the police, fucking ridiculous. If you try google I'm sure you could come up with a report from it

wolf
02-13-07, 9:10 pm
This is minor, but it annoys me anyway. The knurling on most of the bars is weak. I like really aggressive knurling that chews up hands.

Maccabee
02-13-07, 9:19 pm
Well in my gym if your small and doing a workout no one gives a shit, and they will just use your weights and take the bar away. But if your a big strong dude at least I am counted as one in my gym then they dont do shit. Thats just really disrespectful. I hate it, in my opinion you got to respect other ppls weights and shit. If someone is using something and turns away for a few seconds u dont steal. Another thing i dont like is that if your over 200 fuckin everyone stares at you, and they ask u qeustions like u know everything about bodybuilding. Well hell i dont know everything but they still ask damn it. Also ppl dont put away there weights

MuscleTension
02-13-07, 9:31 pm
Ha, at my skool theres a lotta shit talkers. See um in the gym after skool, and they just stand around. I hate people like that! They get in the way.

peterpyper
02-14-07, 7:10 pm
ridoclouse rules

NickSP
02-14-07, 7:41 pm
My b, it was a planet fitness. But the dude was still squattin 500. And he was a correctional facility officer. Not only is there a sign that says "no grunting" they've got a "lunk alarm" when you make too loud of a noise or drop the weight too hard the siren goes off. This world is becoming pretty fuckin pathetic. They don't want that "musclehead behavior" What, WORKING HARD????? BS

Young&Hungry
02-14-07, 7:53 pm
My b, it was a planet fitness. But the dude was still squattin 500. And he was a correctional facility officer. Not only is there a sign that says "no grunting" they've got a "lunk alarm" when you make too loud of a noise or drop the weight too hard the siren goes off. This world is becoming pretty fuckin pathetic. They don't want that "musclehead behavior" What, WORKING HARD????? BS

I go to Planet Fitness in Shelton, CT. It has yet to go off, but it literally insults me while I'm lifting. One of the main reasons I lift in my school's much better equipped weight room instead and only go there to run.

philroy
02-14-07, 9:55 pm
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_305235233.html

there's the full story w/ a video clip.

i joined one when it was a world's gym, then i went back 6 months later, to find out that the dumbbells only went up to 65 lbs.
my dad saw the envelope one time in the mail, and was like "what the hell is a judgement free zone? What, are they outta Cambridge?

the world's going downhilll, what with all the obesity beign the rate that it is.
people dont want hard wok, they want instant results... and they dont understand that to work hard, sometimes you have to exhert noise.