PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Intra-Aid

J-Dawg
09-02-08, 1:51 pm
Intra-Aid FAQs:

1. What is intra-workout nutrition and why is it important for weightlifters?
Intra-workout nutrition plays a vital role in ensuring that you get the most out of your workout, and helps you take your workout to the next level. Water and carb drinks alone can only do so much. Hydrolyzed whey, EAAs, BCAAs, electrolytes, carbs and ergogenic agents work together to ensure that you maximize your results.

2. What is the "anabolic window of opportunity?"
The “anabolic window of opportunity,” as discussed in bodybuilding circles, is the open window of time immediately after a hard training session. During this time it's your job to get as many of the right nutrients through that opening as possible... However, it doesn’t begin and end solely with post-workout nutrition. All bases need to be covered—pre-, intra- and post-. In terms of intra-workout nutrition, a recent study shows that protein co-ingestion w/ carbs stimulates whole-body and muscle protein synthesis rates during resistance exercise.

3. Why both free form aminos and hydrolyzed protein?
Intra-Aid is loaded with both free form essential amino acids and hydrolyzed protein to further enhance the anabolic response during resistance exercise. The dual combo allows you to efficiently combat the dreaded catabolic effects of training as well as delay muscular fatigue, further enhancing your training performance and recovery.

4. Why is Intra-Aid superior to regular "sports drinks" designed for endurance athletes?
Intra-Aid is superior to regular “sports drinks” because these commercial drinks only contain carbs (usually high-fructose corn syrup—an inferior and potentially dangerous carb source) and electrolytes. Where’s the hydrolyzed whey? Where are the free-form EAAs? Any extra ergogenic aids? Commercial sports drinks lack these vital nutrients. Without hydrolyzed whey, EAAs and beta alanine there is no way that you can properly prevent muscle catabolism, delay muscular fatigue and enhance muscle protein synthesis during your workout.

5. What makes Intra-Aid different and more complete from other "intra-workout" supplements?
Most intra-workout supplements contain little or no carbohydrates, making them "incomplete". According to the scientific literature, both carbs and protein are important and play a critical role for lifters during this period. Based on extensive intraworkout studies done specifically on lifters, Intra-Aid incorporates a ratio of protein:carbs of 4:5 (excluding free form EAAs and BCAAs). Intra-Aid is complete and well rounded nutrition for the bodybuilder.

6. Is intra-workout nutrition backed by science?
Intra-workout nutrition is backed by both real world feedback as well as a growing body of legitimate science. Studies show that co-ingestion of hydrolyzed protein and carbs during resistance exercise stimulates both whole-body as well as muscle protein synthesis. Proper intra-workout nutrition also works to suppress cortisol levels, support proper hydration, and increase strength, endurance and recovery. In short, Intra-Aid was based on some of the latest set of scientific studies. With the addition of the carbs, among other things, Intra-Aid is unique.

7. Intra-Aid is more expensive that regular “sports drinks.” Is it really better?
Most regular “sports drinks” are comprised of inferior carbs and electrolytes. They use cheap sources to mass produce them and market it to many consumers and endurance athletes. Intra-Aid is an intra-workout supplement designed specifically for bodybuilders. It’s packed with hydro whey, EAAs, beta alanine, key carbs and electrolytes. All ingredients are backed by science and are gym tested for proven results. If you want the best results, hit the iron with Intra-Aid. Also, compare Intra-Aid to other intra-workout supplements. We believe the value can't be beat.

8. Do I need to take Intra-Aid every day?
Intra-Aid is designed specifically to be taken during a workout. There is no need to supplement with Intra-Aid on non-workout days.

9. Should I supplement anything else with Intra-Aid during the workout?
No. Intra-Aid is the "complete" bodybuilder’s workout drink. It contains all the critical ingredients you want during workout nutrition and performance—hydrolyzed protein, essential aminos, electrolyes, carbohydrates and key ergogenics. No need to add anything, unlike other intraworkout supplements which focus on protein-only.

10. Are there any stimulants in Intra-Aid?
Intra-Aid is stimulant free. You should consume stimulants prior to your workout so that they are already in your system when your workout begins. Try using Universal Nutrition’s Shock Therapy, which will take care of all your pre-workout supplementation.

11. Does Intra-Aid contain creatine?
No. Intra-Aid is creatine free. Most bodybuilders already supplement with creatine so we felt it was unnecessary to add it to Intra-Aid.

12. Can I use Intra-Aid while cutting or is it just for bulking?
You can use Intra-Aid while cutting or bulking. Since it provides you with all the key nutrients necessary during your workout, lntra-Aid will help preserve strength while cutting and enhance strength while on a bulk.

13. Can I stack Intra-Aid with other Universal supplements?
Yes. In fact, Intra-Aid was even designed to work specifically with some of them, synergistically. In particular, if you are looking to take advantage of the “anabolic window of opportunity” that exists after your workout, we suggest the following stack:

Pre-workout: 1 scoop of Shock Therapy
Intra-workout: 1 scoop of Intra-Aid
Post-workout: 3 scoops of Torrent

14. I lift weights at night. Will I have any issues if I take Intra-Aid late in the day?
Absolutely not. Intra-Aid is stimulant free and will not keep you up at night. It provides you with the proper nutrition to get the most out of your workout.

15. Why are there carbs in Intra-Aid? If I’m on a low-carb diet can I use it?
To be a complete intra-workout supplement, a set dose of carbs are necessary. Protein and aminos aren't enough. Carbs, alone, aren't enough. You want them all. When you combine key forms of protein, carbs and aminos together, you’ve got complete intra-workout nutrition. For the vast majority of lifters can use Intra-Aid. You can even use Intra-Aid on a low-carb diet. Ten grams of targeted intra-workout carbohydrates will work to fuel your workout and increase your strength and endurance without any negative effects to your low-carb diet.

16. Is Intra-Aid light and drinkable?
We know what it's like to drink shakes during leg day. Intra-Aid was formulated to be very light and easy to drink. The great, refreshing taste is an added bonus.

17. Will Intra-Aid make a difference?
Intra-Aid, like all Universal supplements, come with a full guarantee.

18. What's the best way to use Intra-Aid?
Like Torrent, the post-workout shake, you only need to take Intra-Aid on training days only. For several reasons, we recommend mixing the drink up, and sipping it throughout the workout. Do not gulp it down at one sitting. Sip it for a slow and steady release of nutrients.

Universal Rep
09-02-08, 1:54 pm
First.

AFTazz06
09-02-08, 1:57 pm
i really want to try this stuff, wish i had it today, for my leg workouts!

Universal Rep
09-02-08, 1:58 pm
As a PSA (public service announcement), feel free to post your own questions. With enough, we can have 'em added to the above...

CommanderXander
09-02-08, 1:58 pm
Intra-Aid FAQs:

I lift weights at night. Will I have any issues if I take Intra-Aid late in the day?
Absolutely not. Intra-Aid is stimulant free and will not keep you up at night. It provides you with the proper nutrition to get the most out of your workout.

this is perfect for me! i work out on the late night... stimulant free FTW... at least for us night owls...

TheDarkHalf
09-02-08, 2:31 pm
I assume it would be okay to add storm to this as well as some off brand glutamine?

BiG in NYC 823
09-02-08, 2:46 pm
I assume it would be okay to add storm to this as well as some off brand glutamine?

This was going to be my question, but I would assume as well, that it's okay to do so!

TheDarkHalf
09-02-08, 2:52 pm
This was going to be my question, but I would assume as well, that it's okay to do so!

the only issue I could see being a problem is taste, but shit man I'm not drinking this stuff for the flavor ya know?

rev8ball
09-02-08, 3:12 pm
YES!
Leave it to Universal to be the first supplement company that finally listens to the latest research on pre, during, and post workout nutrition!

Good stuff, guys. Not just a home run, but you guys knocked this one out of the city - total grand slam....

Universal Rep
09-02-08, 3:47 pm

Add Storm to Intra-Aid?

Universal Rep
09-02-08, 3:48 pm
YES!
Leave it to Universal to be the first supplement company that finally listens to the latest research on pre, during, and post workout nutrition!

Good stuff, guys. Not just a home run, but you guys knocked this one out of the city - total grand slam....

Yo, R, have ya posted all the relevant stuff from that conference you attended?

J-Dawg
09-02-08, 4:18 pm

The great thing about Intra-Aid is that it's creatine-free, so if you are using Storm, you can continue to do so. Glutamine is more of a personal choice... Personally I don't see the need to use it intra-, however, if have currently been using it during a workout and you like its effects, I see no need to eliminate it.

J-Dawg
09-02-08, 4:19 pm
the only issue I could see being a problem is taste, but shit man I'm not drinking this stuff for the flavor ya know?

Having a solid formula w/ a good flavor to back it up is just icin' on the cake.

Universal Rep
09-02-08, 4:24 pm
Having a solid formula w/ a good flavor to back it up is just icin' on the cake.

What's the cake then, JD?

Mr. Dead
09-02-08, 4:25 pm

More importantly... Where is this cake...?

Universal Rep
09-02-08, 4:27 pm
More importantly... Where is this cake...?

Or where's the beef? To me, the solid formula is the cake. The taste, well, that's the icing. So you can have your cake and eat it too.

Mr. Dead
09-02-08, 4:32 pm
Or where's the beef? To me, the solid formula is the cake. The taste, well, that's the icing. So you can have your cake and eat it too.

Beef=brisket...?

J-Dawg
09-02-08, 4:39 pm

Blueberry cheesecake, of course.

Freakshow
09-02-08, 4:46 pm
First.

Oh Rep...say it aint so? You are jumping on the "First" bandwagon? lol

rev8ball
09-02-08, 4:53 pm
Yo, R, have ya posted all the relevant stuff from that conference you attended?

Yep. Here it is, post #25:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=485900#post485900

Mr. Dead
09-02-08, 4:53 pm
Blueberry cheesecake, of course.

Which brings us back to where is this cake...?

mritter3
09-02-08, 5:03 pm
sounds great i want to try that stuff something fierce, cannot wait til its available which is when?

TheDarkHalf
09-02-08, 6:06 pm
The great thing about Intra-Aid is that it's creatine-free, so if you are using Storm, you can continue to do so. Glutamine is more of a personal choice... Personally I don't see the need to use it intra-, however, if have currently been using it during a workout and you like its effects, I see no need to eliminate it.

Yea I like what the glutamine has been doing for me, and I find that it's a fairly cheap supplement anyways. Same with storm as well, it's a solid No BS creatine.

Yea you're right, having a good flavor is most certainly icing on the cake. But hey, i'm cutting - I can do without that icing.

MB13
09-06-08, 9:13 pm
Yea I like what the glutamine has been doing for me, and I find that it's a fairly cheap supplement anyways. Same with storm as well, it's a solid No BS creatine.

Yea you're right, having a good flavor is most certainly icing on the cake. But hey, i'm cutting - I can do without that icing.

Good flavouring during cutting is what keeps me going. I can't handle bad tasting supps on a cut. LoL

Pizzalamp
09-06-08, 10:44 pm
this stuff sounds great!!

Universal Rep
09-10-08, 11:34 am
I see some new FAQs were added. Nice work.

simpleguy
09-10-08, 3:01 pm
ok so I assume it's ok to take storm with this?

TheDarkHalf
09-10-08, 6:38 pm
ok so I assume it's ok to take storm with this?

from what i've been told, yes, it's okay to take storm injunction with intra-aid

"6"
09-11-08, 2:00 am
Which brings us back to where is this cake...?

Thought it was a blueberry cheesecake?

Giant Killer
09-16-08, 12:02 pm
What do you guys think about Intra-Aid during cardio? Not for fat loss purposes but general maintenance cardio for CV health etc...

simpleguy
09-16-08, 12:03 pm
What do you guys think about Intra-Aid during cardio? Not for fat loss purposes but general maintenance cardio for CV health etc...

I'm no expert but I'd do it assuming budget is not tight

TheDarkHalf
09-16-08, 1:12 pm

I dunno if the BA tingle is something i'd like to experience during cardio

Jonisocool
09-16-08, 1:32 pm
I dunno if the BA tingle is something i'd like to experience during cardio

For me, usually after a week of using BA products, I dont get the tingling anymore.

Giant Killer
09-16-08, 1:38 pm
For me, usually after a week of using BA products, I dont get the tingling anymore.

I seem to remember that as well from past use.

ldskenpo
09-16-08, 4:16 pm
currently i sip on "big ant's workout drink" douring my workouts, well modified- storm, eaa nitro, bcaa stack, gatorade. did Intra-Aid come out of this?
Robert

Universal Rep
09-16-08, 4:25 pm
currently i sip on "big ant's workout drink" douring my workouts, well modified- storm, eaa nitro, bcaa stack, gatorade. did Intra-Aid come out of this?
Robert

As I understand, the core of Intra-Aid comes from a group of recent studies. These studies are interesting cuz they (1) focus on lifters (not endurance athletes), (2) examine the intraworkout period, and (3) look at a combination of PRO (protein) + CHO (carbs).

ldskenpo
09-16-08, 5:02 pm
As I understand, the core of Intra-Aid comes from a group of recent studies. These studies are interesting cuz they (1) focus on lifters (not endurance athletes), (2) examine the intraworkout period, and (3) look at a combination of PRO (protein) + CHO (carbs).

i just read Rev8ball's post about the conference, in it he states " 6 g eaa and 35 g CHO" that is what is in eaa nitro, is that whats in Intra-Aid? if so, this would be more economical, yes? I swear by the workout drink and am really interested in trying Intra-Aid. thanks for the quick reply, by the way

ldskenpo
09-17-08, 1:33 am
ok, now that i have had time to sleep on it, here is what i currently do:

30 min pre- shock therapy, 2packs nitro
during- storm, eaa nitro, gatorade powder
post- torrent

would this be how i would use Intra_aid?

pre- shock, 2 packs nitro
during- Intra-aid, storm
post-torrent

also, the label says "20 oz water, i drink 2 qts min during workout, do i just mix the normal serving in the 2 qts of water? I am gonna get this stuff as soon as my wife says i can, just want to make sure I incorporate it right. thanks

Elite
09-17-08, 2:12 am
would this be how i would use Intra_aid?

pre- shock, 2 packs nitro
during- Intra-aid, storm
post-torrent

Seriously, i wouldnt bother adding Storm to intra aid. Theres no need for it. Your already heavily covered for creatine, back to back with Shock pre & Torrent post w/o.

Just my opinion.

Hercules
09-17-08, 5:10 am
I just got my Intra-Aid yesterday. Finally, a complete 'sports drink' for athletes. My question is this:

I already take beta-alanine - 2g before training w/ creatine and 2g after with my Real Gains. Because there's already BA in Intra-Aid, should I eliminate the either the pre- or post-workout BA? I'm not sure how much BA is in Intra-Aid so I honestly don't know what to do.

Giant Killer
09-17-08, 10:26 am
I just got my Intra-Aid yesterday. Finally, a complete 'sports drink' for athletes. My question is this:

I already take beta-alanine - 2g before training w/ creatine and 2g after with my Real Gains. Because there's already BA in Intra-Aid, should I eliminate the either the pre- or post-workout BA? I'm not sure how much BA is in Intra-Aid so I honestly don't know what to do.

The tingles only come for me with a sufficient daily dose, so I would say it's there or pretty close.

Wasteland
09-19-08, 2:57 pm
Been looking forward to Intra-Aid for a while now. I'm glad to see it finally launched. I believe intraworkout nutriton to be one of the new and legitimate fields in science.

simpleguy
09-20-08, 6:54 am
Been looking forward to Intra-Aid for a while now. I'm glad to see it finally launched. I believe intraworkout nutriton to be one of the new and legitimate fields in science.

x2... pre, intra and post w/o nutrition are so important

Wasteland
12-03-08, 11:42 am
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but is anyone familiar with the International Society of Sports Nutrition and their paper on Nutrient Timing? It seems to have a lot of relevance with respect to this product.

simpleguy
12-03-08, 1:09 pm
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but is anyone familiar with the International Society of Sports Nutrition and their paper on Nutrient Timing? It seems to have a lot of relevance with respect to this product.

I think U-Rep posted some extracts from their studies a while back, not fully sure though

Firefist
12-03-08, 10:31 pm
ah, ive been looking for this pin for a while now, haha have been searching in the wrong section. i really liked shock therapy and storm and i figured, why not add in the last third of what i call the "powder-power" stack. thanks alot for the info.

cheers.

Firefist
12-03-08, 10:36 pm
oh wow, number 16? oh so true. You guys know me to well haha. well, now im definitely gonna pick some up. im through with the oats and aminos. Id always end up chuckin it up after leg days.

Jay
08-05-10, 3:31 am
Today I was asked the following question at the gym "" ARE YOU DRINKING ORANGE JUICE??!""

In my defense I tried to explain this intra-workout supp. It did no good. He may still believe it was o.j. for all I know. :)