PDA

View Full Version : Oreo's, How I'll Miss Thee - BigB's Omega/Diet Log

brandonA
09-02-08, 2:35 pm
Time is here, got my 1st can of the good shit and starting my "Diet"..Fuck I hate that word..Any way here's the skinny....

I have been on a year long "bulk" of sorts. I did a 12 week keto diet modeled after Ox's contest diet. I went from 312 down to 275ish over the course of that diet. It was a true keto, but only around 1200 cals a day, a crash diet in my book, but it worked.

With the birth of my daughter, almost a year ago now. I started eating like a man again and turned my training focus to powerlifting. I have competed twice, setting PR each time, but my body weight has grown to 340ish. I packed on a ton of lean mass, but plenty of fat to keep it warm. I want to nip this in the bud before I HAVE to drop weight, feel me?

So here is the plan, I will be doing a keto type diet, but I will be eating carbs (50g) pre-workout on training days, and the same amount at lunch on non-training days...

I will be eating lean protein, healthy fats,(nuts and shit like that) and using WMS for my carbs. Most of all everything will be clean, no fast food, no HFCS, no sugar..non of that shit. No milk, tons of veggies, eggs and meat.

I plan to get down to around 300# and go from there. Most imoortant is my strength levels, I love to compete so I must keep getting stronger. I have never noticed a drop in strength levels while cutting out carbs, just need to keep my cals up.

Here goes nothing....

-B

IRBS
09-02-08, 5:12 pm
subbed

stumblin54
09-02-08, 5:16 pm
Holla back.

Stumblin

brandonA
09-02-08, 5:39 pm
subbed

Good to have you on board Will...I know you got my back...

Holla back.

Stumblin

HOLLA!!!!!

-B

Mr. Dead
09-02-08, 5:43 pm
Dang... And just when they came out with the "Banana" Cream Oreos... Subbed...

brandonA
09-02-08, 5:48 pm
So yesterday was the official start, here's what I ate...

B:
three whole eggs, scrambled with one small can of shrooms and 1/2 can of dice maters
1 Pak

S:
Nothing, I was driving, damn

L:
Home cooking...Fresh salmon, BBQ chicken wings (4), 1 ear of corn and 2 cups of home made chili (mom needed a taste taster)

S/D:
Lunch was late so I had a shake, 39g of protien, two hand fulls of frozen fruit, with water
one pak of Omega...

Good, but not enough, my mom had a huge pan of baked ziti that I stayed out of, extra points for me there...LOL..

Today so far....

B:
Two eggs scrambled with chicken breast (about 6oz)
One PAK and 4 fish oil

S:
39g protien shake in water, 1 heaping teaspoon of PB and one pack of Omega

L:
One chicky boob with one can of green beans, with hot sauce
4 fish oil

S#2 will be the same with out the Omega, but maybe 2 fish oil

Din-Din will be fish and veggies...

3/4 of gallon of water down so far.....I am hungry!!!!!!!

P.S. - I will be adding hot sauce to everything I can, as long as my tummy can handle it..Cheap thermo and damn tasty...

-B

EDIT: Dinner turned out to be BBQ chicken breast and some killer veggies...

brandonA
09-02-08, 5:49 pm
Dang... And just when they came out with the "Banana" Cream Oreos... Subbed...

Had a bag of those a few weeks back..Not so good...I was a bit disappointed....OH well...Thanks for keeping tabbs on me...

-B

Mr. Dead
09-02-08, 6:15 pm
Had a bag of those a few weeks back..Not so good...I was a bit disappointed....OH well...Thanks for keeping tabbs on me...

-B

I preferred the peanut butter ones...

brandonA
09-04-08, 10:26 am
Here is what went down yesterday 9-3-08

B:
4 harboiled eggs, one chicken boob
4 fish oil and 1 PAK

S:
39g shake in water, one heaping teaspoon of PB
one pack of Omega

L:
BBQ chicken boob and left over veggies
4 fish oil

S: Pre work out
39g P and 50g C shake in water

D: Post workout
Two chicken brests and one can of green beans with lots of hot sauce
6 fish oil

off to bed.....

-B

PS. I put hot sauce on pretty much everything, even the eggs...very tasty...

Big Wides
09-04-08, 10:29 am
Hot Sauce is great shit.....nice log thus far. Like the techincal terms for the grub makes it real easy to follow

IRBS
09-04-08, 10:32 am
Nice B...time to get you down to competing at 275!! Then 242!

Freakshow
09-04-08, 10:37 am
Good luck to you B. I will definitely be following your progress.

brandonA
09-05-08, 1:08 pm
Hot Sauce is great shit.....nice log thus far. Like the techincal terms for the grub makes it real easy to follow

Nothing says hardcore like Chicky Boob....

Nice B...time to get you down to competing at 275!! Then 242!

At 242 I may look like an AIDS pacient..but we shall see...LOL...

Good luck to you B. I will definitely be following your progress.

Thanks Big Show..good to have you here....

-B

brandonA
09-05-08, 1:17 pm
Yesterday's Eating...9-4-08

B: 4 Hb'ed eggs, one chicken breastist
4 fish oil and 1 PAK

S: 39g Shake, big scoop of PB
1 Omega

Lunch: 6oz of Pollak (thats fish) one can of green beans, a splash of low sodium soy sauce and finished off the hot sauce, but dont worry...I GOT MORE!!!!!
no fish oil, cause I ate some fish...

S:Same as before with out the Omega

D:Around 8oz of steak on top of about 2 cups of salad, with real bacon bits, a pinch of fresh parm cheese and a touch of ranch dressing....
4 Fish oil...

I will try to get the macros down soon, I think I may be cutting my cals too short...The carbs pre workout worked good on wesnday, we will see how they do with ME Bench tonight...I feel good, a bit hungry at times, and I have a sweet tooth, but the shakes are working good for that....

I will weight in tonight if I remember....

-B

brandonA
09-05-08, 2:56 pm
Ok so according to FitDay.com...here is what I ate yesterday....

Total Cals

Fat
157.1g
1,396cal
55%

Carbohydrate
31.8g
123cals
5%

Dietary Fiber
5.2g

Protein
243.7g
1,012cals
40%

So I am about 500 cals off my goal..the carbs are good for a non workout day...I will add some more fat and more protien to bring it up, just not sure what...or maybe I will just stay in this range and see what happens.....hummmmmm!!!!

-B

mikejones1
09-05-08, 3:22 pm
the title of this journey is on point haha

throw in a salmon meal for some protein/fat combo

brandonA
09-05-08, 3:25 pm
the title of this journey is on point haha

throw in a salmon meal for some protein/fat combo

Oh you know it..I love salmon..have some in the freezer....

Thanks B....

mikejones1
09-05-08, 3:33 pm
anytime animal

machineman
09-05-08, 8:07 pm
subbed for this one, B......good luck on getting the weight down.

brandonA
09-08-08, 10:52 am
Thanks for the support fellas...Means a lot....

Weighted in on Friday night after my work out (around 730 PM)....335.4#
Using 341 as a starting weight, so 5.6# in a week is not too shabby... I dont really keep a food log over the weekends, but here are some highlights...

Friday night Dinner:
One whole chicken

Saturday night Dinner:
One pound of ground turkey and one can of peas....

I am batteling my sweet tooth with fruit. I had some strawberries Saturday, and a few pulots...I kept it clean with tons of water....

-B

IRBS
09-08-08, 10:58 am
Thanks for the support fellas...Means a lot....

Weighted in on Friday night after my work out (around 730 PM)....335.4#
Using 341 as a starting weight, so 5.6# in a week is not too shabby... I dont really keep a food log over the weekends, but here are some highlights...

Friday night Dinner:
One whole chicken

Saturday night Dinner:
One pound of ground turkey and one can of peas....

I am batteling my sweet tooth with fruit. I had some strawberries Saturday, and a few pulots...I kept it clean with tons of water....

-B

Way to stay focused B. Here is something else to try for your sweet tooth, make some water with Crystal Light (I like Fruit Punch) and freeze it and eat it like a pop cicle...or you could just get sugar4 free pop cicles...

who knows...fruit is always the best...

brandonA
09-08-08, 11:08 am
Way to stay focused B. Here is something else to try for your sweet tooth, make some water with Crystal Light (I like Fruit Punch) and freeze it and eat it like a pop cicle...or you could just get sugar4 free pop cicles...

who knows...fruit is always the best...

I will try that...It is weird, I never really had a sweet tooth, but I got a mean one right now..I am sure it will pass..I will be eating some cake on sunday, I will keep it small, but I will enjoy Kaydee's birthday....

-B

IRBS
09-08-08, 11:11 am
I will try that...It is weird, I never really had a sweet tooth, but I got a mean one right now..I am sure it will pass..I will be eating some cake on sunday, I will keep it small, but I will enjoy Kaydee's birthday....

-B

Diet be dammed, you cant miss that man!!!

Hollow
09-08-08, 11:36 am
Diet be dammed, you cant miss that man!!!

X2! Enjoy it!

brandonA
09-09-08, 3:00 pm
Yesterday's Eating (9/8/08)

B:
3 eggs scrambled with one can of tuna
1 PAK, 3 fish oil

S:
35g shake in water, one plout, scoop of PB
1 pak Omega

L:
8oz of beef with one can of peas
3 fish oil

S:
Same as above, i fucked up and forgot my WMS, so no carbs pre-workout and i still did ok

D:
8oz of tilipia, 2 cups of mixed greens, tad bit of ranch dressing
6 fish oil (i like to OD on fish oil post workout, help me recover)

Feeling pretty good, I am hungry if I dont hit my meal times right on the nose, but that is to be expected...

-B

widdlewade44
09-09-08, 3:03 pm
It's looking good b, keep up the good work brother, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

brandonA
09-20-08, 11:43 am
Back at it on monday. I was sick as hell all week, with the party last week and all...I think the stress of all the bullshit is starting to attack my guts, but such is life....

BW as of last night is at 330 even, that is 11# so far..cant complain about that....

Here is a short list of the BAD shit I had while off the diet....

Sam Adams Octoberfest x6
Chili - lots
Hot dogs x 4-5
Birthday cake x1 hunk
Hamburger and hot dog buns - x6
Home made cookies - one handfull...

this was not all on the same day, spread out over about a week...And still dropped 5#

I will keep eating the chili, i have a ton left over, and it kills me to toss out food.....

When I get sick, i stop taking all my supps, so I have been off the Omega wagon, but I will climb back on on Monday...

-B

simpleguy
09-20-08, 1:28 pm
sorry to step in just to say this, but I was just wondering, you said you're doing a keto diet right? and then you said you're having waxy maize starch and fruit...

I don't mean to be a dick but having those carbs might prevent you from going into ketosis - and you'll feel like shit most of the times (low energy, slight headaches...)

my two cents...

brandonA
09-23-08, 12:20 pm
sorry to step in just to say this, but I was just wondering, you said you're doing a keto diet right? and then you said you're having waxy maize starch and fruit...

I don't mean to be a dick but having those carbs might prevent you from going into ketosis - and you'll feel like shit most of the times (low energy, slight headaches...)

my two cents...

I have never had an issue with feeling like crap on zero carbs. It is just another day for me. I am taking in 50g of carbs pre-workout which should no kick me out of keto. Eating fruit has way too many more positive benefits to not eat it. I am not really trying to hit keto, I really dont care if I do or not. I am just cutting out the majority of the carbs because this is what I feel is packing on the fat. I love pasta, bread and shit like that, so by cutting it all out, other than the pre-workout, I am on the right track..

The one thing you must keep in mind with a diet or training, is what works for one dude, may not work for another...

Thanks for stopping by bro...

-B

Big Wides
09-23-08, 2:37 pm
Doing real well on this diet B....you've got this figured out pretty well as to what works for you. I see your strength hasnt gone down much at all either. Keep it up

brandonA
10-14-08, 11:35 am
Well the internet is back up and I can get back to my posting....I finished off the can of Omega..Good shit, that will be added to the daylies as soon as I can get another can...

As far as the weight drop..I am back up to 333ish, no biggie..with the money shortage, I had to eat what ever I could just to get the cals in...and I only gained 3 pounds...I weight in at night after my workout, in sneakers, shorts and a t-shirt...So I think my true weight is down around 328 if i clocked in in the morning...

I am going to start the CHA diet...same concept as what I was doing, just better though out and structured...I think I will start around 3000 cals and go from there....as always, strength is the most important aspect of the whole deal..

Cardio will also be added soon...Working on a prowler knock off....like the ecano, but better....

-B

IRBS
10-14-08, 11:38 am
Good stuff B...sometimes we just gotta eat what we can afford to eat...I know I do...

brandonA
10-16-08, 11:08 am
Last night I was bad...I had pizza, but not just any pizza...A Rocco's Little Chicago pizza. The best in town...The one I got is called the Big Bad Wolf, named for the ample amounts of "pig" spread across the top...I ate the entire small thin crust...did not know that I did till it was all gone...Good stuff..light on the cheese and sauce...Extra heavy on the meat....

Oh well, it was worth it....

-B

brandonA
10-16-08, 11:35 am
On a more postitive note. Although I do not seem to be getting lighter, I have been rocking both my regular "hold up my pants" belt and my power belt a hole tighter then before, so something is happening on the diet..

I have added grapefruit, which I peel like an orange and chow, and blueberries, which I add to my shakes, to the mix. Both are well know for there fat killer goodness....

-B

IRBS
10-16-08, 12:22 pm
Good stuff B. If your waist is getting smaller it means something is working.

brandonA
10-16-08, 12:34 pm
Good stuff B. If your waist is getting smaller it means something is working.

Hell ya...

Just blending up this little bit of awesomeness in the magic bullet knock off.....

one scoop of off brand Strawberry-banana protien (35g of P)
hand full of frozen blue berries
some crushed ice and enough water to flow

Very tasty, i forgot that I had Peanut butter to add to it till it was gone, LOL...oh well...

-B

brandonA
10-17-08, 11:43 am
So my birthday is monday, 29..one more year and then the big 3-0....

So Stacy we shoping and got me a 2# jug of cookies and cream portien, a ton of different oils, almond, walnut, coconut, avocado, and spicy hot sesame...I am stacked up for a while in that dept. With the CHA diet, they are heavy on the clean fats, so now I have some great oils for my shakes and cooking...She got everything with a high smoke point so I can cook with it all...I cant wait for so coconut chicken...hells ya....

-B

brandonA
10-28-08, 11:08 am
The diet was pretty much put on hold for the meet. I was less interested in body fat and more interested in making sure I was fully recovered for the meet. So I will get back in the wagon next week, following more closely the CHA diet and adding both cardio/GPP and much more yoga/stretching/dynamic warm ups to the equations...

-B

brandonA
12-11-08, 9:21 am
Well, this thread is pretty much dead, just like my diet....I am flip flopping again....HAHAHA...asshole.....

anyway....Next year is not going to be pretty. I think many of us (those that live in the real world) will be in the same boat. The boss is not happy with the out look for next year, so stating in January, there will be cut backs in either hours or pay for all the employees....

What does this have to do with my diet? A lot...I will have to cut back on a lot of shit. So my thoughts are this...

Add a small amount of carbs in to keep the cals up. Cals being most important. By adding a oats and rice in to the mix, I can lay off the protien a tad bit, but still get the cals in....

So with talking to JR Bolger last night, here is what I came up with..

- no carbs after 3pm
- loose the white (rice, bread - move to whole grains)
- eat more, try to get my cals up over 3 grand a day
- clean, clean, clean, clean, clean

The object of the game is to change my body comp from chunky to beastly...I want to be strong as fuck, but be in better shape...so with the diet change, the addition of cardio and shit like that.....

blah, blah, blah....time to get to work...

-B

brandonA
12-22-08, 11:11 am
Typical day of eating looks like this....

B:
4 eggs scrambled with one can of tuna, hot sauce
Sups: 4 fish oil, joint formula, PAK

S:
1/2 cup to 1 cup of oats.
one scoop of protien with one serving of fiber.

L:
8-10 oz of meat with veggies
(may add some carbs in here)

S:
shake w/ one scoop of P

D:
Meat and veggies......8-10oz....

Pretty clean, but sometimes when I get home there will be fast food waiting, or dinner out with family, or my mom cooks and sends some thing over for me.....I am working on it.....Biggest missing part at this point is Cardio.....

-B

brandonA
01-05-09, 10:37 am
My tummy has been all fucked up..Stress hit me in a major way...so you mix days of not really eating all day with one big, nasty meal at the end, with days of eating everything in sight....you get a one pound weight loss with out trying.....combine that with not going to the gym for almost 2 weeks.....maybe I am overthinking this whole diet thing....lol...

-B

brandonA
02-06-09, 2:37 pm
So here is the plan...I know what you are thinking...here we go again, I wish this guy would make up his fucking mind and pull his head outta his ass already....

Done and done...

Meal plan....

B:
Shake with the following:
2 scoops of protien, 2 cups of milk, 1 cups of oats and one nanner

S:
shake with 1 scoop of protien, one serving of fiber, hand full of nuts or peanut butter, piece of fruit.

L:
12-16 oz of meat, as much veggies as I can handle

S:
same as above
add clean carbs here if needed for engery

D:
12-16oz of meat, as much veggies and fruit as I can handle

S: (if needed...i usually eat dinner before bed)
shake with one scoop of P and water....

I got this plan from one of my training partners. This was set up for his wife, who is diabetic. To make life easy, he eats what she eats.

This is more food than I normal would eat in a day...So that is the 1st major change..I am wondering if my not eating enough and hitting the gym so hard has got me in to "starvation" mode, making it hard for me to loose the weight.

Keeping it as clean as humanly possible is the next major change..No fast food, no sweets..all has to stop...

On training days I will try to add 15-30 mins of cardio at the end of the session. I have a 16month old daughter, so I dont like to spend all damn night in the gym...

Off days will be some sled dragging and prowler work, as soon as I get it finished..

I have stated some natty test boosters as well..and I am looking at a E/C stack....

Time to get healthy, enough fucking around and talking. We took some tax money and bought a small, chest freezer and a bunch of meat to fill it....no excuse there anymore.

-B

brandonA
02-06-09, 2:40 pm
Today's eating so far...

B:
Shake (see post above)

S:
1 scoop shake w/ water and fiber, med apple, hand full of raw, unsalted nuts

L:
12oz chicken breast, 12oz of veggies (broc and carrots)

On my way.....

ME Bench tonight...along with the dreaded cardio...Will get the baseline weight tonight as well.

-B

Nightshift
02-06-09, 2:50 pm
Diet looks good B! Take it one day at a time and you'll make your mark!!

brandonA
02-25-09, 2:52 pm
I am going to do my best to keep up on this log....It has peaked some interest in a few bro...

When I weighed in on Monday night, I was at 342....wrong fucking way still...So I made a few changes....Gallon of water WHILE AT WORK is a must....will make for a 1.5 gallons a day min...2 doses of ECA stack, one each taken after breakfast and lunch....

Here is what I did yesterday...

B: Shake
1 c of oats, 1 nanner, 2 s of Protien, 1 serving of creatine (till this is gone) 2 c of milk

S: shake
1 s of portien, 1 serving of fiber, water...apple and orange
(i realized that I am missing my fats, so I added a handfull of nuts today)

L:
12oz of chicken boob, tons of veggies

S:
same as above

D:
12 oz of lean ground beef, can of peas, salsa..
*I drain the oil mid way through cooking, makes is less greasy...

I dont know what the macros are on all of that...all I know is that my strength is raising and my recovery time is better...

-B

brandonA
04-11-09, 7:09 pm
I hate tuna....

carry on....

-B

brandonA
04-20-09, 1:55 pm
Down to 328, even with all the bullshit that is going on in my life right now....I ate a some easter candy and still dropped a few pounds....Wendler has the right idea...

-B

deanna7272
04-20-09, 2:17 pm
I hate tuna....

carry on....

-B

I feel your pain B....

Keep on track... Life happens, it's how we chose to deal with it... Believe me, I am the POSTER CHILD!!!

brandonA
02-01-10, 12:41 pm
Almost a year?!?...WOW....sorry about that...

So for a quick update...I am now a single daddy of a beautiful baby girl...well she is 28 months old now, almost 3 ft tall and 30+ pounds...Going to be a wrecking ball, just like daddy.

As far as my weight issues, I competed in the APF Texas Cup in Nov 09 at 334 (i think). I took 1st place in my weight class cause I was the only fat ass there...

I clean up my diet and added a bunch more volume to my training, little bit of cardio and removed as much of the BULLSHIT STRESS from my life as possible. My sister lives with Kaydee and I know, so that helps a ton, she does all the cooking.

This Saturday I weighed in at the gym at a lean, mean 312#. My lifts are as strong as they have ever been and for the 1st time in my life, I can raw bench my body weight. I am not done yet, my orders are to keep getting lean and adding as much lean mass as possible. I want to stay up around 300, but time will tell.

I am liking being leaner, and so do the ladies....:) Nothing but hard work ahead, but that's the fun part....

-B

G Diesel
02-01-10, 1:04 pm
Almost a year?!?...WOW....sorry about that...

So for a quick update...I am now a single daddy of a beautiful baby girl...well she is 28 months old now, almost 3 ft tall and 30+ pounds...Going to be a wrecking ball, just like daddy.

As far as my weight issues, I competed in the APF Texas Cup in Nov 09 at 334 (i think). I took 1st place in my weight class cause I was the only fat ass there...

I clean up my diet and added a bunch more volume to my training, little bit of cardio and removed as much of the BULLSHIT STRESS from my life as possible. My sister lives with Kaydee and I know, so that helps a ton, she does all the cooking.

This Saturday I weighed in at the gym at a lean, mean 312#. My lifts are as strong as they have ever been and for the 1st time in my life, I can raw bench my body weight. I am not done yet, my orders are to keep getting lean and adding as much lean mass as possible. I want to stay up around 300, but time will tell.

I am liking being leaner, and so do the ladies....:) Nothing but hard work ahead, but that's the fun part....

-B

Welcome back my brother... Looking forward to watching your evolution.

You know the deal, it is all about tenacity and consistency.

Peace, G

widdlewade44
02-01-10, 1:46 pm
You know we have your back covered here, looking forward to viewing the carnage, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44