PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Favorite Protein Shake Recipes

Maharg
02-06-07, 7:29 pm
Okay I know everyone has played around when they make their protien shakes some good, some not so swell. So lets see what everyone post i don't care if its a single shake or you post 25 different shakes lets ee what you got.

Mine is simple and to the point

2cups milk
6 spoons of vanilla yogurt
a glass of ice
1 banana
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup grape nuts
2 scoops muscle milk vanilla
1 scoop protien Choclate mint is my fave

blend for 30 secs and serve over 60 grams protien and serves 2 people if you dont mind sharing cut as needed.

HAWK
02-06-07, 7:39 pm
My bedtime shake on back day and leg day is big, just because I know my body needs all the extra calories/protein/carbs for optimum recovery:

3.5 scoops Real Gains
1 cup oats
2 scoops peanut butter
3 scoops Animal Max
1 banana (or apple)
1 container of strawberry yogurt
Skim Milk

Blend the hell out of it...
Tastes good, but more importantly you get shiiiiiitloads of nutrients.

Rick T
02-06-07, 7:47 pm
My personal favortie:

2 Scoops Protein
16 oz Skim Milk
1 Banana
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1 Chocolate Jello Sugar Free Pudding

Blend and enjoy.

k1usa
02-06-07, 8:44 pm
I threw this on another post/thread...but last Monday....I was heating up some Malt-O-Meal....and it came too runny...I added too much skim milk...so...rather than waisting it...I threw it in my blender...added 2 eggs...2 scoops of my protene...1 scoop of carb powder...wheat germ....banana and a small cup of peaches.....and the drink came out nice and warm....perfect for an evening end of day hit.....just like mom used to give us...warm milk and a cookie..but now the warm milk has about 1000 times more power than it did back in the 50's......yea buddy!!!

Russ k1usa

stumblin54
02-06-07, 8:47 pm
when bulking: milk, 12 egg whites, two scoops protein, tbsp. honey, two tbsp. natty peanut butter, banana, 1c. oats

Maharg
04-06-07, 12:07 am
Come on people more shake recipes!

Toni69
04-08-07, 3:46 pm
All should be blended for better consistency and texture.

Banana-Nut Cream

2 cups skimmed milk
1 scoop fat free ice cream (vanilla or chocolate are good)
½ cup dry rolled oats
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 banana
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
ice cubes

This makes quite a large shake and it may be thick so you can always add more milk. Makes 2 servings. You can substitute the ice cream with yogurt (vanilla or banana flavor).

Cottage Cheese and Berry Whey Shake

1 ½ cups skimmed milk
2 cups fruit (below is an example – think of your perfect fruit salad and go for it)
- strawberries
- banana
- seedless grapes
- pineapple
1-2 tbsp honey
ice cubes
1 big tbsp cottage low fat cheese
2-3 scoops vanilla or fruit flavored whey

Banana Almond Whey Shake

1 cup skimmed milk
1 banana
2-3tbs ground or finely chopped almonds (about 10-12 almonds)
honey to taste
sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
2-3 scoops vanilla protein
ice cubes

Frappachino Whey

1 cup fat-free milk
1 tablespoon of instant coffee (you can use de-caffeinated coffee at night time)
2 - 3 tablespoons of fat free or lowfat chocolate syrup (for a more chocolatey shake)
dash of cinnamon sugar
dash of vanilla extract (optional)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
ice cubes

Honey Vanilla and Cinnamon Whey

1 cup skimmed milk
1 tbsp fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 tbsp honey
dash vanilla extract or syrup (coconut is nice too)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
ice cubes

never_2_big
04-08-07, 6:26 pm
whats up toni... is there anything in you dont have recipes for? these shakes look senstional, i just printed the page and stuck it to my fridge, you are a gold mine girl, thanks heaps.

Toni69
04-08-07, 6:30 pm
your welcome..hey..also check out my jump start your morning thread. I think I have some more stuff there. I have crap scattered everywhere. The recipe section is starting to look like my office here! LOL

never_2_big
04-08-07, 6:33 pm
I have crap scattered everywhere. The recipe section is starting to look like my office here! LOL

im in the same boat, i think thats why its easy to find everything in the forum, it looks just like my work desk... hahaha

ChrisG
04-08-07, 9:24 pm
I just tried out the frappuccino whey. Didn't have any instant coffee so I put it in about 1/4 cup of left over coffee from this morning. Turned out really good. Definitely going to print this out and use it as a guideline for future shakes. Thanks Toni :)

drizzt
04-08-07, 9:26 pm
toni, youre amazing....got anything for people who just really dont like normal foods? i.e. pretty much everything

Toni69
04-09-07, 6:09 am
toni, youre amazing....got anything for people who just really dont like normal foods? i.e. pretty much everything

Can you be a bit more specific here? You want different kinds of shakes? Tell me what your looking for and I will figure it out.

BigDaddy21
04-20-07, 1:02 am
Frappachino Whey

1 cup fat-free milk
1 tablespoon of instant coffee (you can use de-caffeinated coffee at night time)
2 - 3 tablespoons of fat free or lowfat chocolate syrup (for a more chocolatey shake)
dash of cinnamon sugar
ice cubes

wow toni....you got me excited for the hot weather coming around!!! cant wait to start my mornings with that one walkin to the car...ill save the hot stuff for the inside. wow im excited.

ps. read a lto of your stuff, pics are awesome, your recipes are tastey :) .....keep betty crockin it ;)

ct italian 1
05-29-07, 3:58 pm
My before bed shake is:
1 scoop Vanilla or Banana ISS Micellar Matrix
6oz. skim milk
2-3 ice cubes

Pre-workout sometimes I'll mix up
1 scoop ON 100% Whey Gold Std. French Vanilla Creme (ltd. ed. flavor)
1/2c dry rolled oats
3 ice cubes
8oz. water
1/2c sliced fresh strawberries

I've invented tons of recipes however, some good, some not so good. If you're interested in some more, PM me.

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 4:14 pm
i do it fast and simple

whey protein, 2 spoons of peanut butter a banana and 1/2 cup of oats

MaTTiE8254
06-01-07, 7:45 pm
1/2 cup CC
240ml of milk
scoop of whey/casien(depends on the time)
1-2tbsp of PB
1 cup of frozen mixed berries
and maybe a 1/2 cup SCO
i might also sometime use 2 scoops realgains!

prowrestler
06-14-07, 6:44 pm
this taken twice a day for 3 weeks shot me up a solid 5 pounds while i was just in a plateau. taste is good too. filling as fuck so time it right!

2 cups 1 % milk ( a little more for an even 20 grams of protien)
1 and a third cups of oatmeal for 90 carbs
1 scoop of whey protien for 25 grams o protien
3 scoops of peanut butter for some EFA's
1 bannana
table spoon of cream
5 grams creatine mono
a serving of fruit yogurt.

this shake contains 1300 give or take calories, 50 grams of complete protien and 80 grams of total protien, 95 grams of starch carbs and 160 total carbs, and 40 grams of healthy fat (good for slowering digestion and for testosterone). and its filled with vitamins and minerals. Try it plus 3-4 other meals a day and a good split routine with lots of compound movements and deads and squats are a must and tell me you wont grow!!!

Young Animal out. good luck drinking it, its thick of muscle building potential !

DRIVEN
06-14-07, 8:42 pm
realgains chocolate
2cups of oats
bananna
cottage cheese(usually before bed)
PB

Toni69
07-07-07, 7:46 pm
2 cups pitted sweet cherries
1 1/2 cups ice
1 1/2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 cup honey
2-4 scoops protein powder

Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Serve immediately.

Makes 2 large servings

Toni69
07-07-07, 7:48 pm
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
2 tbs reduced fat chocolate syrup
2 tbs creamy natty peanut butter
1 frozen sliced ripe banana
1 (8-oz) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
2-4 scoops protein powder

Place all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.

Toni69
07-07-07, 7:54 pm
This one calls for passion fruit. Now, this is more of a fancy schmancy protein drink..but hey, we all deserve a little fancy schmancy in this hard ass training lifestyle that we all lead. So whip this up, calloused hands and all, sit back for a few and actually enjoy this one, its well worth it.

1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/2 cup passion fruit nectar (use the actual passion fruit)
1/2 cup ice cubes
1 1/2 tsp toasted wheat germ
2 tsp honey
1 (12-ounce) bag frozen blueberries or fresh is absolutely fine too
1 ripe banana, cut into pieces
2-4 scoops protein powder (I would opt for vanilla on this one)

Place all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth

Ricky P
07-07-07, 7:56 pm
I always plug G's Mass Shake:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=404

"65g protein, 115g carbs, 850 kcals"

I used it, threw in some PB Cup Ice Cream on my bulk... every night before bed. It was the most delicious shake I've ever had... Oh yeah, it was filling too....

Ricky P
07-07-07, 7:58 pm
Not to draw your attention away from Toni's delicious recipes here, but here's another link to some "Mass Shakes" that I'm sure will be pretty filling as well:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=537

Toni, I'm definitely trying these shakes. Any particular type of protein powder that you use? I've got Choc. UniSyn and Choc. Ultra Whey Pro - what do you think of using those in these concoctions you've got here?

Toni69
07-07-07, 7:58 pm
That is a mass shake..I would never drink that! I prob should though huh? I bet it is dam good. Im in love with G's pancakes.

Ricky P
07-07-07, 7:59 pm
I had the pancakes as well, I'm not the best cook in the world so they came out a little dry. They definitely did the job though, I can only imagine what they'd taste like if someone who knew what they were doing made them!

Toni69
07-07-07, 8:00 pm
Any protein powder works well with these smoothies. Except the passion fruit one..that should be vanilla flavored. Some may not match well with chocolate flavor protein..try and see how it goes for you.

Upstatebuilder07
07-07-07, 11:44 pm
1 scoop whey
1 scoop casein
1 cup oats
1/2 cup ff milk
1/2 banana
4 frozen strawberries

garrettcaveman
10-11-07, 6:50 pm
here is part of the shake i forgot from earlier
16 ounces of milk
2 scoops protien
1 banana
1 tbs honey
2tbs peanut butter
2 eggs

Pizzalamp
10-11-07, 11:35 pm
mmm

bigrhino
10-20-07, 12:48 am
trick i discovered to help with the people who cant down pb (in a shake) or raw eggs, put some crystal light in it. i even bought some sugar free tang. makes a fruity egg taste. actually very good.

zer0her0
10-20-07, 2:17 am
no offense bro but that shake is very generic and I'm sure 99% of the people on the board already could have thought of that one for themselves .. or if you searched up some shakes you would find very similar ones already posted... still all n all thank you for the post and yes that is a very solid way to make a shake your just missing a cup or two of oats or granola !!!

@rhino - when i drink my shake bro... i hit the fucking blender like its my last meal I'm going to eat ..and i'm starving not ONLY for the shake but for the gains i know the my consistency will bring! do what you gotta do man

stay strong .. stay animal!

drag0590
12-23-07, 6:13 pm
This is dedicated to the people who cant afford protien powder all the time

this is homemade protien shake and is ideal for weight gaining.

2-3 eggs
1 tblspn penut butter
2 tblspn wheat germ
2 tblspn flaxseed powder
2 cups of whole or skim milk
1 banana

additonal items you could include: 1 tblspn of honey , 1 Cup cottage cheese , 1 cup yougurt.

This shake not including the additional items is 36-40 grams of protien
and its homemade!
good luck fellas... just trying to help animals on a budget

JHOORNSTRA
12-23-07, 6:20 pm
thats good....but i would be careful with those raw eggs...

The_Beast
12-23-07, 6:52 pm

Jrock, your right about the Eggs. I made my own shake's for months with them, and no problems, but thats me. Its person to person, the way the Imune' systems roll, some give in, while other's are Diehard.

stumblin54
12-23-07, 6:53 pm
Another egg debate will not happen here. Drag do you have the macros for that mother?

Stumblin

The_Beast
12-23-07, 6:57 pm
Another egg debate will not happen here. Drag do you have the macros for that mother?

Stumblin

Haha, Sounds good bro. I'll Keep it on the downlow for now on.

Testpolska
12-23-07, 7:50 pm
Seems to me thats alot of fat not much protein in there.

drag0590
12-24-07, 2:07 am
all the fats in that shake are healthy by the way , plus when on a gain
u need some of these kinds of fats.
plus not much protien??
2 egg-12 grams protein
2 glass of milk - 16 grams of protien
2 tblspns wheat germ -8 grams of protien
1 tblspn penut butter - 3 grams protien
1 banana - 1 gram of protien
2 tblspn flaxseed powder - 6 grams of protein

So its about 46 grams (if my math aint shity)
of natural sources of protien
and healthy fats .
healthy fats trigger testosterone
and whole milk is anabolic by the way.

gsb239
12-24-07, 4:10 am
None of those proteins besides the egg and milk are complete proteins. Your count is off.

prowrestler
12-24-07, 12:13 pm
None of those proteins besides the egg and milk are complete proteins. Your count is off.

yep, exactly. also, for protien on a budget, protien powders are the cheapest way to get in more protien in your diet. i have calculated it before. you get alot more grams of protien per dollar from protien powders then whole foods. buy the 10 pound bags and your set. meat on sale, in bulk. cottage cheese. potatoes for carbs and big oatmeal bags. peanut butter for fats.

krazyassmexican
12-24-07, 12:16 pm
i will throw some fish oil instead of flax seed
and more eggs

it's a gainer right?

simpleguy
12-24-07, 12:29 pm
the posibilities are endless... here's mine, I drink it almost every day

2-3 cups oats
2-3 bananas
1-3 tbsp peanut butter
3 scoops whey / milk&egg (I sometimes mix both)
half a gallon milk (never skim on a bulk, usually 2%)

soetimes I also throw in : yogurt, bcaa powder, eggs, other fruits, sometimes even olive oil (just a bit, don't even feel the taste)... the blender does its job

I use this whenever I can't eat any more whole food, so don't use shakes to substitute your whole food meals unless absolutely necessary

as Machine says, stuff in all the food you can, and when you can't eat any more drink a shake

works for me

drag0590
12-24-07, 7:28 pm
What do u mean my count is off its 46 grams of protien? lol
and i never said their complete protiens i said their all natural sources of protien.

and ya by the way it is a gainers shake

gsb239
12-25-07, 2:41 pm
yep, exactly. also, for protien on a budget, protien powders are the cheapest way to get in more protien in your diet. i have calculated it before. you get alot more grams of protien per dollar from protien powders then whole foods. buy the 10 pound bags and your set. meat on sale, in bulk. cottage cheese. potatoes for carbs and big oatmeal bags. peanut butter for fats.

Yup I agree. Protein powders aren't very expensive if you shop around for deals. For example, where I live cottage cheese is $4.60 a tub, and I eat half at a time for about 40g of protein that's $2.30 a meal.

I just bought 8.6 pounds of whey protein isolate the other day for $79.99. 30g of protein per 33g scoop. Do the math. Its cheaper than a lot of other foods. But that doesn't mean it should replace them by any means.

gsb239
12-25-07, 2:50 pm
What do u mean my count is off its 46 grams of protien? lol
and i never said their complete protiens i said their all natural sources of protien.

and ya by the way it is a gainers shake

I personally don't count incomplete proteins in my diet. Yes I consume them, but they're just extra for me. I really only count the complete ones. I've just found I grow more this way and I don't leave much to chance. Its just a lot simpler for me.

BODYUNDRCONSTRUCTON
12-27-07, 7:41 pm
That shake i do post workout sometimes.also i do add low fat half & half for extra calories cuz im a hard gainer and i do the whole milk.5 gram creatine and 5 gram glutamine and stater bros yogurt with fruit on the bottom.awsome shake.

MrYates
12-27-07, 8:12 pm

Why e careful with raw eggs? Eggs are the main ingredient in my diet and have always been a favorite of everyone here, i think. So tell us why you say be careful?

bmart94
01-14-08, 6:39 pm
just whipped this recipe up, tasted great to me, let me know what you all think, critcism welcome.

1 1/2 cups fat free milk
2 tablespoons nat pb
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup raw oats
6 small frozen strawberries
1 small banana
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon splenda brown suger blend
then i added vanilla ice cream flavor whey but im sure what ever protein you use will work fine

pmug0000
01-14-08, 9:41 pm
just whipped this recipe up, tasted great to me, let me know what you all think, critcism welcome.

1 1/2 cups fat free milk
2 tablespoons nat pb
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup raw oats
6 small frozen strawberries
1 small banana
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon splenda brown suger blend
then i added vanilla ice cream flavor whey but im sure what ever protein you use will work fine

Looks like a pretty good snack between meals if your bulking. I'm sure it tastes great, but it's a little too high in sugars for me, even while I'm bulking. I think I'd take out the brown sugar blend, the honey, and some of the berries, and add in some more protein. That's just me though.

intoodeep25
01-14-08, 9:53 pm
holy simple sugars batman!

bmart94
01-14-08, 11:58 pm
im obviosuy a noob at this shit, haha,i jsut add shit and see if it tastes good and im not supposed to be bulking, what would you guys suggest doing to it

pmug0000
01-15-08, 12:33 am
im obviosuy a noob at this shit, haha,i jsut add shit and see if it tastes good and im not supposed to be bulking, what would you guys suggest doing to it

It sort of depends what you want to use it for. What goes in it depends on when you are drinking it (i.e. pre or post workout, as a meal, as a snack, before bed, etc.). And you said you are not bulking, so you are cutting?

Freakshow
01-15-08, 12:39 am
WOW! Alot of sugar man. That would probably be very beneficial post-workout, assuming you are on a bulk...and a hardgainer.

LegendKillerJosh
01-15-08, 1:10 am
holy simple sugars batman!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

BigBlueBear
01-15-08, 2:58 am

Me... I'd pull out all the fruit except the banana myself. Nothin better than some peanut butter, banana, and honey. Das a good ol sandwich I use to make all the time as a kid!

bmart94
01-15-08, 4:24 pm
i edited it, after looking at it it really does have alot of suger, i jsut put the oats, milk, half the natty pb, nad a banana tastes the same honeslty

Jp2007
02-05-08, 8:54 am
My shake that i make is...
1/2 banana
4 strawberries
6 ice cubes
1/3 cup skim milk
2 scoops of protein = 46g's

Most of the time i just end up chugging it. Does it matter if i drink it over time or chug it? Also, how does that shake look i meant it tastes good but is it okay sugar and calorie wise?

krazyassmexican
02-05-08, 9:03 am
1/2 banana
4 strawberries
6 ice cubes
1/3 cup skim milk

Most of the time i just end up chugging it. Does it matter if i drink it over time or chug it? Also, how does that shake look i meant it tastes good but is it okay sugar and calorie wise?

you are the only one that can answer that question
if it fits your macros then it is great

simpleguy
02-05-08, 9:05 am
1/2 banana
4 strawberries
6 ice cubes
1/3 cup skim milk

just like KAM said, you are the only one who can say that

I usually just sip on mine between meals to get in some extra cals (when I can't eat any more)

GRUNT
02-05-08, 9:15 am
im going with everyone else on this answer...

as far as chugging it, drink it through a straw with your pinky extended...that is so much cooler!!!!!

krazyassmexican
02-05-08, 9:19 am
im going with everyone else on this answer...

as far as chugging it, drink it through a straw with your pinky extended...that is so much cooler!!!!!

pinky extended?
wow that is classy hahaha

Jp2007
02-05-08, 9:24 am
Alright thanks guys.. I just wasnt sure if chugging it would like make the incoming cals and protein not work as good as if i took them in over time

dclutter1
02-05-08, 9:40 am
As far as chugging; what about PWO sups like torrent, storm, etc? Do you get those down as fast as possible or is it ok to sip?

xxscaxx
02-05-08, 9:51 am
i dont know about you, but i love the way my shakes taste. if its a whey shake i usually have 2 scoops of vanilla, 2 tbsp PB, 1 scoop of oats, and a banana. i drink it casually because it tastes good. i usually find myself chugging things that just taste like crap. the shake you have posted sounds pretty good.

GRUNT
02-05-08, 9:51 am
As far as chugging; what about PWO sups like torrent, storm, etc? Do you get those down as fast as possible or is it ok to sip?

I chug everything, I just dont feel like sitting there sipping a shake. I think your body will digest it either way you look at it. Try experimenting with it. Sip it for a few weeks or chug it for a few weeks. I honestly dont think it will make a difference.

BrandonNJFlex
02-05-08, 11:28 am
Vitamin Shoppe Tech MASS 53gProtien 90gCarbs 620Calories mixed with 1Tsp Peanut Butter,16ounces Fat Free Milk,4 Egg Whites.

Thats For The Morning Shake And Before Bed Shake. During My Daytime I Use 100%WHEY ISO. 24g Protien 120Calories with 6ounces Fat Free Milk. and then ofcourse Diet.

nightrain
02-16-08, 1:52 am
1 scoop chocolate whey
1 scoop chocolate muscle milk
1 whole banana
1 tblespoon peanut butter
12 oz fat free milk

nightrain
02-16-08, 1:53 am
I chug everything, I just dont feel like sitting there sipping a shake. I think your body will digest it either way you look at it. Try experimenting with it. Sip it for a few weeks or chug it for a few weeks. I honestly dont think it will make a difference.

I agree, chug it. Takes too much time to sip it.

Myles
02-16-08, 7:35 am
mine look something like this

2tbs honey
1tbs peanut butter
300ml milk/no fat milk
1/2 banana
2 scoop of chocolate protein powder

Moose 13
02-20-08, 5:57 pm
1 big banana
2 whole eggs 8 egg whites
3 scoops of protein powder
1 n 1/2 cups of oats
8 ounces milk
2 tb spoons of peanut butter
fill the rest of the blender up with water

may not taste the best but it will rock your puny ass world....

The Moose

mritter3
04-17-08, 2:01 pm
this is my current shake recipe, i change it often though..

1.5 cups of skim milk
alot of crushed ice
2 scoops of vanilla real gains
1 big heap of peanut butter
1 tablespoon flax seed (crushed)
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1 serving of vanilla yogurt

InkdMuscle
04-25-08, 4:18 pm
My shake is somewhat similar to other brothers.

12-16oz water/lowfat milk
1 cup oaks
2 cups protien powder ( Use this one when i get up in the morning)
1 large banana.

then PWO shake besides torrent is the same thing except minus the banana and oats and throw in some glutamine.

b4 bed ill add a tsp of Nat PB. Nothing outta the ordinary.

Mr. Dead
04-25-08, 4:27 pm
Nothing fancy, really:
2 cups skim supreme milk
4 scoops of chocolate protein powder
4 teaspoons of instant coffee (Mocha)
My morning "pick me up"

keepinitroots
04-25-08, 4:32 pm
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 orange
2 scoops ultra iso whey vanilla.

simple easy and taste great!!!

InkdMuscle
04-26-08, 12:52 am
All should be blended for better consistency and texture.

Banana-Nut Cream

2 cups skimmed milk
1 scoop fat free ice cream (vanilla or chocolate are good)
½ cup dry rolled oats
1 banana
ice cubes

This makes quite a large shake and it may be thick so you can always add more milk. Makes 2 servings. You can substitute the ice cream with yogurt (vanilla or banana flavor).

Cottage Cheese and Berry Whey Shake

1 ½ cups skimmed milk
2 cups fruit (below is an example – think of your perfect fruit salad and go for it)
- strawberries
- banana
- seedless grapes
- pineapple
1-2 tbsp honey
ice cubes
1 big tbsp cottage low fat cheese
2-3 scoops vanilla or fruit flavored whey

Banana Almond Whey Shake

1 cup skimmed milk
1 banana
2-3tbs ground or finely chopped almonds (about 10-12 almonds)
honey to taste
sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
2-3 scoops vanilla protein
ice cubes

Frappachino Whey

1 cup fat-free milk
dash of cinnamon sugar
ice cubes

Honey Vanilla and Cinnamon Whey

1 cup skimmed milk
1 tbsp fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 tbsp honey
dash vanilla extract or syrup (coconut is nice too)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
ice cubes

Man toni you always the best recipes around im gonna try everything.

kicker
06-18-08, 9:08 am
Same here throw in a scoop of protein, 2 wholes eggs, 1 cup of oats, 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, ice and blend actually quite delicious I refuse to ever miss this meal tastes that good.

surfaced
06-18-08, 10:00 am
20oz milk
1.5 scoops protein
2 cups oats

krazyassmexican
06-18-08, 10:15 am
not me but i would do 2.5 scoops of ultra iso whey blended with fruit and QUICK oats

Ajack
06-18-08, 10:27 am
20oz milk
1.5 scoops protein
2 cups oats

A better(and easier than choking down 2 cups) way of getting those carbs in the mornings would be to drink some sort of juice or just add your dextrose in there and cut the oats down. Fast carbs are ok in the morning. Jesus 2 cups of oatmeal is a lot for one shake.

basketcase
06-18-08, 10:50 am
12oz water
2 scoops Ultra Iso Whey
4.5g Glutamine
1-Cup RAW Oats

There may be an additional 1-Cup organic Blueberries, but not regularly.

How's the olive oil work in the shake?

shizz702
06-18-08, 11:51 am
How's the olive oil work in the shake?

I like putting a little bit of olive oil in my shake for a good healthy source of fat and some extra calories. 1 tbsp is like 130 calories, so I'll just pour a bit in there. It is virtually tasteless once blended. With that, the protein powder, and the oats you got yourself a complete meal.

ROC1291
06-18-08, 1:03 pm
Yeah olive oil and mac nut oil are great for shakes.
Both are about the same price, I believe.
It kind of gives the shakes a refreshing flavor, and I've grown somewhat impartial to any form of peanut butter. It just doesn't work for me like it use to.

prafull
06-18-08, 2:32 pm
1 scoop whey,1 spoon PB,i banana,3 whole eggs+2 egg whites n "isabgol" for the cleansing of colon.
then m ready to go.

kicker
06-19-08, 5:34 pm
Breakfast shake
1/3 cup skim milk
1/2 cup ff vanilla yogurt
2 whole eggs
1 scoop of protein
1/2 to 1 cup of oats depends how I'm feeling
12 small ice cubes

Afternoon shake
1/3 cup skim milk
1/2 cup ff vanilla yogurt
2-3 whole eggs
1 scoop of protein
2 tbs natty pb
12 small ice cubes

I just tried the instant coffee in the afternoon shake it was really really good thanks a lot toni for that recipe for the frapacino shake never thought of instant coffee

Hammer240
07-05-08, 11:48 am
first throw a half cup of old-fashioned oats in a bowl with three-quaters of a cup of water microwave it for 2 and a half minutes. then proceed to get in the shower and get dressed and all that shit (letting it cool). then put 15 ounces of cold water in a blender 1 scoop vanilla whey, 1 scoop chocholate casien, 1 whole egg, 1 ripe banna, and 3 tbs natural peanut butter. blend and enjoy. if it is still warm and you mind it just throw a couple ice cubes in the glass before pouring.

this is great for a breakfast replacement when you are running late and don't have time to cook a bunch of eggs and oats. and the cooked oats and egg gives it a nice creamy texture.

browner93
07-18-08, 11:53 am
I would take
2-3 Scoops of Kazein Protein (About 24 grams a scoop)
A bananna
2 Scoops of Cottage Cheese
2 Scoops Strawberry or PeachYogurt
1-3 Raw Eggs (They take on flavour nicely)
A handful of spinach (Not sure why, just figured I would get a serving of veg.)
Some frozen fruit (usually straweberries or a berry mix, blueberries etc.)
Skim Milk enough so that I figured it wouldn't be too chunky
1 Banana

This would fill the blender, I would be aboslutely stuffed after eating it.. some days I would eat some bread with it as well to add carbs.. I also added cereal to it a couple times but it wasn't the greatest results

geneticfrk
10-06-08, 5:51 pm
heres some for you tropical flavor lovers,

lemon drop shake

1 cup ice
2 cups sugar free lemonade
2 scoops vanilla protein

tropical madness
1/2 cup ice
1 cup pineapple juice
2 scoops vanilla protein
1/4 cup orange juice

blend and serve!!

G Diesel
10-06-08, 6:41 pm
Been enjoying this of late 2x per day (first thing in the AM and before bed)...

2 scoops chocolate Specialized Protein for Lean Mass
1 scoop chocolate Real Gains
1/4 cup quick oats
10 oz 1% milk
1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Blast it all in my trusty Magic Bullet and bang it down.

Peace, G

futurefreak101
10-06-08, 6:58 pm
milk
2 scoops whey
banana
peanut butter
olive oil
ice
strawberries
blend.

raunchy
10-06-08, 11:24 pm
cup of 2% milk
1 scoop real gains
2 BIG scoops of pb
banana

simple and effective

boar
10-06-08, 11:35 pm
50 grams of whey powder
2 cups of whole milk
2 bananas
10 strawberries
handful of blueberries
2 spoonfuls of peanut butter
2 eggs
couple scoops of vanilla ice cream

nough said. Thats well over 1000 calories.....

Big3
02-21-09, 12:22 pm
I got a new recipe that I just tried today and I msut tell ya, this stuff tastes just like ice coffee without the sugar. This is gonna be a staple for me during the summer when the weather goes to 90 degrees plus.

so...

12oz ice cold water
2 scoops chocolate Whey Isolate
1tbsp instant coffee
6~10 ice cubes

add the first 3 ingredients and mix in shaker cup then add ice cubes. Really refreshing and a new, healthy way of getting in that cup of joe. Try it with 6oz milk and 6oz water if you like things thick.

mahscles
03-14-09, 9:05 pm
-cup and a half of oats
-two scoops of chocolate whey protein
-three tbsp natty pb
-ice
-skim milk

kymeat
03-18-09, 2:44 pm
i'm trying to get my weight from 205 to a solid 215 by summer, i'm going to try some of these drink ideas to help boost my daily calories
i appreciate the knowledge bro

murph21
05-12-09, 3:13 pm
2 cups of Whole Milk
2 scoops of Whey Protein
Couple scoops of Peanut or Almond Butter (actually very good)
Banana
Ice

DANO
05-12-09, 3:39 pm
16oz OJ
2 scoops vanilla Real Gains
blend and drink!

Big Phil
05-12-09, 3:57 pm
Post Workout I wait 15 mins after Nitro then whip up my favorite old school shake
2 ice cubes(My blender cant handle more =P)
1 large glass of skim milk
2 scoops vanilla whey
1 banana
---if im lookin for a little more 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, but don't tell anyone
sometimes i'l add fat free vanilla yogurt too.

Makes a good size shake that contains somewhere around 45 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbs(pending on banana), and 360 calories, if you add the ice cream and or yogurt it'l depend on the brand.

Glory
05-12-09, 6:27 pm
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein.
Ice Cubes.
1 TBSP Omega 3-6-9 Oil.
1/2 Cup Whole Strawberries.

Mmmmmm...

NJC_Manhattan
05-12-09, 10:03 pm
Tried a new shake today
Ok so this shake is so money, that upon the first sip I literally saw God... Yes he is tall, yes he has flowing robes, no he did not grant me a god like body, but you bet your ass i asked... Anyways, I digress

1/2 cup lite cottage cheese
Handful of black berries
1/2 cup milk
2 whole eggs
1 scoop chocolate whey
1/4 cup oats
1 tbsp natty pb
1 scoop BCAA supp
1/2 cup ice

Blend...

Drink...

TigerAce01
05-12-09, 10:04 pm
Tried a new shake today
Ok so this shake is so money, that upon the first sip I literally saw God... Yes he is tall, yes he has flowing robes, no he did not grant me a god like body, but you bet your ass i asked... Anyways, I digress

1/2 cup lite cottage cheese
Handful of black berries
1/2 cup milk
2 whole eggs
1 scoop chocolate whey
1/4 cup oats
1 tbsp natty pb
1 scoop BCAA supp
1/2 cup ice

Blend...

Drink...

Cooked or raw eggs?

-Ace

TKO
05-22-09, 4:06 pm
I've got a good protien shake for you guys - just choked it down - it was so horrible -

Yogurt,
Cottage cheese,
Ice,
2 whole eggs,
protien powder,
multivitamin pack,
and some Rasberry jam for flavour (which didn't work at all)

- - Almost gagged on every sip - -

Enjoy :)

strivin for more
05-22-09, 4:10 pm
My bedtime shake on back day and leg day is big, just because I know my body needs all the extra calories/protein/carbs for optimum recovery:

3.5 scoops Real Gains
1 cup oats
2 scoops peanut butter
3 scoops Animal Max
1 banana (or apple)
1 container of strawberry yogurt
Skim Milk

Blend the hell out of it...
Tastes good, but more importantly you get shiiiiiitloads of nutrients.

holy hell... this thing will grow you to the size of an elephant haha

PrimalForce
06-08-09, 8:20 pm
My current post workout favorite -

-2 scoops chocolate whey
-1 tbs cocoa powder
-1 cup 1% milk
-2 frozen bananas
- ~1.5 cups ice

Blend together - tastes just like ice cream/banana split

mahscles
06-08-09, 8:22 pm
My current post workout favorite -

-2 scoops chocolate whey
-1 tbs cocoa powder
-1 cup 1% milk
-2 frozen bananas
- ~1.5 cups ice

Blend together - tastes just like ice cream/banana split

damn that sounds good! why must i be allergic to bananas!!!

Big Phil
06-08-09, 8:27 pm
why must i be allergic to bananas!!!
Lol sorry to hear that

mahscles
06-08-09, 8:30 pm
Lol sorry to hear that

what sucks is that i didnt start having reastions til 2 years ago so i really miss them

Find_The_Will
07-29-09, 4:54 pm
Ill do a shake that is awesome for Recovery and or Breakfast

2scoops ON Oats n Whey Chocolate
1scoop On CaseIn Cookies n Cream
1 banana
4 Lg Egg Whites
1scoop EAA stack
1tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Fat Free Milk
some ice and add water for desired consistency if Needed...
Tastes great and loaded with Calories Protein and Carbs

On Letting Go
08-31-09, 8:27 am
Took some time the other day to make an awesome night-time recovery shake. Loaded with multiple protein sources, fats and some carbs in the dairy.

-Milk (8oz.)
-Cottage Cheese (1/2cup)
-Whey protein (1/2scoop)
-Egg (1 whole, raw)
-Peanut Butter (32g)

~Right around 475cals

Throw in 5g of creatine and some ice cubes then blend. Comes out thick and the taste is awesome.

OLG

mahscles
10-05-09, 12:09 pm
Hey i woke up this morning tired as hell so i figured i would try something a little different in my shake:

-Starbucks Via italian roast packet (its the new thing starbucks has that is instant coffee, only instant i have ever tasted that tastes like real coffee but still dissolves in cold stuff)
-2 scoops vanilla protein (mine is a little sweeter, send me a PM if you wanna know what kind i use)
-dash of cinnamon
-16oz skim milk

shake vigorously in your shaker bottle until bleded or put in a blender with ice. it tastes fuckin AMAZING!!! Put in a packet or two of stevia or whatever sweetener you use if you have a protein that isnt very sweet. also i would imagine regular instant coffee would work for this as well.

Aggression
10-05-09, 12:12 pm
Sounds awesome. I wish there were more 'coffee' type protein powders out there. The one flavor from Muscle Milk, Mocha Joe, was amazing stuff.

C.Coronato
10-05-09, 2:11 pm
Damn sounds good, and AMEN Aggression, that was good stuff.

mahscles
10-05-09, 9:43 pm
Sounds awesome. I wish there were more 'coffee' type protein powders out there. The one flavor from Muscle Milk, Mocha Joe, was amazing stuff.

hell yeah it was but the one time i got the individually mixed carton it was fuckin old and lumpy. nasty stuff dude.

charlievanriper
10-05-09, 10:02 pm
I just use a really good Free Trade Organic bold roast add Coconut milk dash of Cinnamon,
and Uni Milk & Egg Vanilla flavor and sometimes a dash of Vanilla extract if I want a stonger vanilla, Awesome wakeup shake no Carbs just Protien and Fats (MCT Fats the best kind the kind that burn up super fast and fuel growth).

New progress and training Video's -- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27946

willah
10-06-09, 12:10 am
This sounds fantastic!!

I actually used to mix Vanilla gainer powder in with hot black coffee... It dissolved great, and tasted AWESOME! Like a frothy vanilla style coffee beverage.. So good!

Soldier
10-06-09, 10:44 am
That sounds great, gonna be trying that soon.

J Wong
10-13-09, 12:08 pm
1 cup to cup and a half skim milk

3/4 cup oats

48 grams whey

natty peanut butter

banana

mmmmmmmmm, twice a day

TigerAce01
10-13-09, 8:49 pm
"I'm Not a Morning Person"

2 scoops whey isolate (vanilla or chocolate tastes the best)
2-3 level scoops of coffee grinds (I like Kona or Dunkin Donuts)
1g of Vitamin C (unflavored)
1/2 cup grounded oats
16 oz skim milk

-Ace

bash
11-09-09, 11:01 pm
just wanted to start a thread about proteien shakes. either for cutting or bulking, just diff protein shakes period. post whatever combinations u have tried or come up with, my favorites so for

rootbeer float-
2 scoops vanilla whey
12 oz fat free milk
6 oz diet a&w rootbeer

creamsicle-
2 scoops vanilla whey
12 oz fat free milk
6 oz diet sunkist

pb and jelly-
2 scoops vanilla whey
2 tbls peanut butter
1 tbls jelly (whatever flavor you like)
12-16 oz fat free milk

let me know what you guys think

LegendKillerJosh
11-09-09, 11:55 pm
I don't even buy protein powder anymore. I'd rather mix milk, yogurt, ice cream and cookies. For bulking only. Luckily I'm always bulking.

mritter3
11-10-09, 8:17 am
i have tried the creamsicle on before, not your exact recipe, def. gonna have to give those others a try, thanks for the post.

InkdMuscle
11-10-09, 1:19 pm
just wanted to start a thread about proteien shakes. either for cutting or bulking, just diff protein shakes period. post whatever combinations u have tried or come up with, my favorites so for

rootbeer float-
2 scoops vanilla whey
12 oz fat free milk
6 oz diet a&w rootbeer

creamsicle-
2 scoops vanilla whey
12 oz fat free milk
6 oz diet sunkist

pb and jelly-
2 scoops vanilla whey
2 tbls peanut butter
1 tbls jelly (whatever flavor you like)
12-16 oz fat free milk

let me know what you guys think

Im def gonna try the rootbeer one. That seems really tasty.

Heres my lil Shake concoction.

Chocolate Covered Watermelon-
2scoops Chocolate IsoWhey
two big scoops EAA Watermelon
16-20oz Water

Shake and Enjoy

BlackCatz
12-06-09, 2:23 pm
I'd like to hear a few current ideas of how you guys prepare your protein shakes or an overall shake. Mine are pretty basic, PW shake i add protein, oats, banana, strawberries or other berries, light milk and a bit of water but i'd like to try other ways to prepare shakes! Throw some ideas at me.

mritter3
12-06-09, 3:54 pm
milk, ice cubes, choc. ice cream, peanut butter, oats, yogurt, banana, and a scoop of whey.

BlackCatz
12-06-09, 4:18 pm
Sounds good, haven't tried the ice cream and yoghurt yet. I'll give that a try PW!

Kryptonite
12-06-09, 5:19 pm
I cut an apple into slices and dip them in some sludge... Delicious.

I mix up all this shit in a small bowl...
- Chocolate protein powder (~25g protein)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
...And let it sit in the freezer until it's nice and thick.

Then I'll cut up Granny Smith, pour a cup of good ol' 1%, dunk the slices, and lick the bowl.

Yum.

BlackCatz
12-06-09, 6:51 pm
I cut an apple into slices and dip them in some sludge... Delicious.

I mix up all this shit in a small bowl...
- Chocolate protein powder (~25g protein)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
...And let it sit in the freezer until it's nice and thick.

Then I'll cut up Granny Smith, pour a cup of good ol' 1%, dunk the slices, and lick the bowl.

Yum.

Damn, that sounds good, like some sort of pudding right? Speaking about home made protein recipes, you ever tried making your own protein bars man??

Kryptonite
12-06-09, 7:17 pm
Damn, that sounds good, like some sort of pudding right? Speaking about home made protein recipes, you ever tried making your own protein bars man??

Yeah, it comes out just like it. And tastes pretty similiar minus the peanut butter...

I've never tried making my own protein bars, but I'd love to. If you have a recipe for them and wouldn't mind typing it up really quick, I'd appreciate it.

D-NUTZ
12-06-09, 7:47 pm
Protein! Duh!

BlackCatz
12-06-09, 8:00 pm
Protein! Duh!

Lol.. Besides that man..

BlackCatz
12-06-09, 8:04 pm
Yeah, it comes out just like it. And tastes pretty similiar minus the peanut butter...

I've never tried making my own protein bars, but I'd love to. If you have a recipe for them and wouldn't mind typing it up really quick, I'd appreciate it.

Yeah bro, tomorrow i'll write up a few protein bar recipes man. Haven't given them a shot but they sound tasty.

Kryptonite
12-06-09, 8:16 pm
Yeah bro, tomorrow i'll write up a few protein bar recipes man. Haven't given them a shot but they sound tasty.

Sounds great, bro. I'll be looking forward to 'em.

D-NUTZ
12-06-09, 8:20 pm
Lol.. Besides that man..

Haha i know, i was kidding.

Ferinus
12-07-09, 10:24 am
Oatmeal and blackberries.

Sometimes a banana.

NJC_Manhattan
12-07-09, 11:28 am
Natty PB, vanilla whey, raw milk, 3oz almonds, 1/4 cup oatmeal, ice.

Sometimes fruit

LittleMan55
12-07-09, 11:47 am
1 scoop Milk & Egg Protein (either flavor)
2 Scoops Ultra Whey Pro (cookies and cream)
1 cup oats
2 TBSP Natty PB
12 oz water

sometimes I add a banana for good measure... Most of the time it is just the shake.

C.Coronato
12-07-09, 2:15 pm
Once a day:

4 Scoops Real Gains Vanilla
1/2 Cup Oats
10oz Chocolate Soy Milk
1 Banana
Peanut Butter.

YUM. Time to grow!

Biggie973
12-20-09, 6:13 pm
This is a Post-Workout shake

Ingredients:
2 cups water
2 scoops orange-flavored Vitargo with creatine
5g powdered glutamine

Directions:
Put all ingredients in blender & blend well.

Nutritional Facts:
416 calories, 40g protein, 62g carbs, 0g fat & fiber.

Biggie973
12-20-09, 6:17 pm
Kiwi Citrus Shake
Ingredients:
1 kiwi, peeled
1 navel orange, peeled
2 scoops whey protein powder, vanilla or unflavored
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 cup ice cubes

Directions:
Puree all ingredients. If the smoothie is too thick, add more ice & blend again.

ironshaolin
12-20-09, 7:56 pm
Dude, this topic has already been done, you could've posted on one of the already existing protein shake threads.

But, I'll add anyway.

6 whole eggs
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
orange juice
crushed ice

blend and enjoy!!!!

mritter3
12-20-09, 10:00 pm
Dude, this topic has already been done, you could've posted on one of the already existing protein shake threads.

But, I'll add anyway.

6 whole eggs
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
orange juice
crushed ice

blend and enjoy!!!!

that sounds tasty..

mritter3
12-20-09, 10:02 pm
1 scoop choc prot. powder
1 banana
ice cubes
2 cups milk
1 huge tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
3 scoops choc. ice cream...

blend and enjoy..obvioulsy if your bulking....lol

Kryptonite
12-21-09, 12:44 pm
Cheating...

Bulking...

Hungry...

Meet the Cheulkgry.

1 whole banana
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 Snickers candy bar
1/2 pint favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream
1 cup whole milk
1 serving weight gainer or protein powder

Pizzalamp
12-21-09, 6:31 pm
This is a Post-Workout shake

Ingredients:
2 cups water
2 scoops orange-flavored Vitargo with creatine
5g powdered glutamine

Directions:
Put all ingredients in blender & blend well.

Nutritional Facts:
416 calories, 40g protein, 62g carbs, 0g fat & fiber.

hmmmmm i bet that tastes like orange creamsickle, eh?
it would be great if we had an orange creamsickle flavored protein powder from universal

Pizzalamp
12-21-09, 6:37 pm
2 scoop whey isolate or milk n egg powder
1 cup dry oats
ice
water
1 cup frozen blueberries

i like to have this pre workout sometimes

Biggie973
11-10-10, 8:15 am
Ingredients:
1 scoop whey protein powder
1 cup fat-free sorbet
1 cup low-fat (1%) milk

Directions:
Place ingredients in a blender & mix until combined.

Biggie973
11-10-10, 8:16 am
Ingredients:
1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
1 scoop vanilla casein protein powder
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Place ingredients in a blender & mix until combined.

Nutrition Facts: Serves One
229 calories, 30 g protein, 22 g carbs, 2.5 g fat

Lonestar
11-10-10, 8:28 am
Vampire Blood
Crushed Skulls
Nails
....and Milk.
Blend and enjoy. :)

corpuschris
11-10-10, 2:28 pm
10 oz. Almond Milk (plain)
2 scoops 100% Whey
1/2 cup Frozen Mango
1/2 cup Old Fashion Oats

For a thicker shake, more Mango or just ice.