PDA

View Full Version : Detoxing?!?!?!

Mr. Aestheticz
09-04-08, 8:31 am
After my show I already told myself I am giving myself 1 to 2 weeks to get back to a normal life, rest and recover from training, and get back into the swing of eating normal clean foods!

I WILL ALSO BE GETTING READY FOR OFF SEASON >)

Anyways I was thinking of doing a DETOX and cleaning and flushing out my system, my mom and brother just finished one and they said they feel 1,000 times better. More energy, up to beat, and overall healthier!

Any opinions, thoughts, ideas, words of infinite wisdom, anyone who has done one and can recommend one?

Roach
09-04-08, 8:37 am
I just finished mine too.Used a herbal hepaprotector and detoxifier and a herbal colon cleanser plus tons of fiber and lowered protein intake.Did this detox for 25 days.Sure feel great and flushed my system real good.

Peace.

jer
09-04-08, 8:39 am
What kind of DETOX are we talking about?

A Detox Diet, like avoiding sugar, wheat, dairy, gluten, Yeast, Alcohol, Food additives and preservatives, Chocolate, High-Fat Foods and eating more fruits, vegetables, rice, grains, beans, nuts/seeds, healthy oils?

Or, some type of chemical flush?

Mr. Aestheticz
09-04-08, 8:45 am
What kind of DETOX are we talking about?

A Detox Diet, like avoiding sugar, wheat, dairy, gluten, Yeast, Alcohol, Food additives and preservatives, Chocolate, High-Fat Foods and eating more fruits, vegetables, rice, grains, beans, nuts/seeds, healthy oils?

Or, some type of chemical flush?

Probably more of a chemical flush!

LegendKillerJosh
09-04-08, 10:09 am
Detoxing is a good experience. I can give some advice since I've done it. Try to stick with vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts, seeds and fruits and stay away from too much meat as much as possible. Drink a ton of water during the detox, and avoid caffiene. A lot of people think these detox kits are bogus but you will be a believer since you will be eating less yet having healthy bathroom trips about triple what you normally do.

basketcase
09-04-08, 12:55 pm
When doing a detox, does it hit you like a freight-train needing to take a crap? How long do they run for? How is a 'detox' different than just taking a laxative?

Mr. Aestheticz
09-07-08, 11:29 am
My show is 6 days away and i was hoping to start my detox ASAP after the show?

Anyone have anymore feedback or reccomendations?

Products, procedures, anything?

Thanks!

....EASY!!!

gymEvo
09-07-08, 11:37 am
My show is 6 days away and i was hoping to start my detox ASAP after the show?

Anyone have anymore feedback or reccomendations?

Products, procedures, anything?

Thanks!

....EASY!!!

Just a question, but why would u want to take a detox straight after ur show?...i mean its just to clean out ur system rite? but in the process ur gonna loose muscle and definition while u detoxing?

Mr. Aestheticz
09-07-08, 3:57 pm
Just a question, but why would u want to take a detox straight after ur show?...i mean its just to clean out ur system rite? but in the process ur gonna loose muscle and definition while u detoxing?

I have heard nothing but greta things about cleaning out and lfushing your body.

Things like...

1. More energy

2. Easier to sleep

3. Made future training easier

4. Better physical appearance and results

And a a shit load more great reasons, plus I am not starting my official off season until 2 weeks after the show. I want to start fresh and clean out my body for my future health purposes. I think i is very necesarry to avoid long goign and typical male illnesse sthat can affect me down the road. if I POSSIBLY, and the key word is POSSIBLY lose and muscle and efinition then itiwll be well worth it in the long run.

Plus like I said I will be going into my of season so a lot of needed definition is no concern and I can easily re-build and reload that off season lean muscle mass!

gymEvo
09-07-08, 4:05 pm
I have heard nothing but greta things about cleaning out and lfushing your body.

Things like...

1. More energy

2. Easier to sleep

3. Made future training easier

4. Better physical appearance and results

And a a shit load more great reasons, plus I am not starting my official off season until 2 weeks after the show. I want to start fresh and clean out my body for my future health purposes. I think i is very necesarry to avoid long goign and typical male illnesse sthat can affect me down the road. if I POSSIBLY, and the key word is POSSIBLY lose and muscle and efinition then itiwll be well worth it in the long run.

Plus like I said I will be going into my of season so a lot of needed definition is no concern and I can easily re-build and reload that off season lean muscle mass!

oh ok, i was never to clear on detoxing before. Thanks for the info. How often do people do this? is it like once a year thing or once every few years?

k1usa
09-07-08, 4:52 pm
wow...thought we were healthy all the time here....de toxing from chemicles?????...dont understand here......we are human...not toxic waist buckets...at least us animals on this forum ....its like colon clensing.....not understanding the whole thing here...

Mr. Aestheticz
09-07-08, 5:08 pm
oh ok, i was never to clear on detoxing before. Thanks for the info. How often do people do this? is it like once a year thing or once every few years?

Generally family and friends I speak to have done it once and only once and say they will do it again, when and how often i do not know?

Mr. Aestheticz
09-07-08, 5:14 pm
wow...thought we were healthy all the time here....de toxing from chemicles?????...dont understand here......we are human...not toxic waist buckets...at least us animals on this forum ....its like colon clensing.....not understanding the whole thing here...

Who said we were not healthy, we are all healthy or all should be living healthy lifestyles I should say.

BBBUUUTTT, before we started eating healthy and living A healthier/healhy lifestyle I am sure alot of us ate like shit were very unhealthy. From what I have researched and have been told, the nasty shit that goes into our boday from even years ago do build up inside of, mainly free radicals and toxins. FROM FOOD, THE AIR, SOME SUPPLEMENTS, AND OTHER THIGNS YOU WOULDN'T THINK CAN DO WHAT THEY DO!

So chemical and colon cleansing frees the body of these built of toxins and waste from our previous lifestyle to help our bodies I guess you can say "START OFF FRESH"!!!

I GUESS WHAT I AM MAINLY LOOKING FOR IS A DETOX PROGRAM OR FORM OF COLON CLEANSING/DETOX THAT SOMEONE HAS DONE THAT THEY CAN SHARE AND RECOMMEND

jer
09-07-08, 5:45 pm
Here's a post that I came across about a year ago on another forum, about it.

ok, here are the ingredients. first of all, this is just a recipe to clean yourself out. use at your own risk, although i can't see any risk in it - its just a disclaimer so no one comes back pissing and moaning for whatever reason

here it is:

* whole psyllium husks - cheap as hell when bought in bulk - start w/ 1 teaspoon morning and night. gradually work up to 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 teaspoons. the heckster also says he hits a teaspoon @ night before bed and he drops a nice dukie in the morning - definitely good advice to stay clean and regular
* activated charcoal - i thought this one was odd, but when the shit and toxins are being let loose, the charcoal helps to absorb them so the end up in the toilet and not your bloodstream. heckman said people who don't use the charcoal get headaches, etc when that nasty shit releases into your body instead of being expelled. 2 caps morning and night
* herbal tabs/herbal caps - heckman's "scrubbing bubbles" as he puts it. these are tough to find IMO. mine were $25 for 275 pills. they should contain the following: senna leaf/extract, licorice root/extract/(whatever), peppermint extract, etc. There are A LOT of things in these pills, and if i had the bottle in front of me, i could be more helpful. i know the senna is big, because that is what the colonix tea is, is senna tea. my herbal tabs had a shitload of stuff, but no senna, so, i bought the tabs and purchased the senna leaf supp for an additional $6. take these 2 in the morning and night, then you can increase to 3 morning and night, then 4 morning and night

that is about it. heckman said his costs about $25 for all that, mine was more like $45, but still a huge savings from the cost of a product like colonix - flush w/ this for 30 days

-------------------------------

Here are links to 2 sites where you can buy what you need for about $37 before shipping:

psyllium husk fiber: (i would buy 2 of these!) http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=3850

Charcoal: http://herbal-remedies-usa.stores.yahoo.net/2070.html

Herbals: http://www.herbalremedies.com/body-cleanse-2.html

Senna (optional, since the herbals don't include this): http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1296

jer
09-07-08, 5:46 pm

Here's a reason why:

Health Begins In The Colon

The human body is a metabolic car engine. We supply it with Fuel (food), it runs a pump (heart), an onboard computer (brain), electrical system (nerves), and requires an oil filter (liver).
I remember as a kid, as a prank, occasionally someone would stuff a potato up a car’s exhaust pipe. When you tried to start the car, it would only run for a few seconds before it would sputter and die. The same happens to the human body if the waste channel is stopped, you die within a few days.
But with most people it isn’t stopped, just malfunctioning, sluggish and constricted, which causes our body to back-up and overflow with toxic and poisonous waste material, run badly and get diseased.

With almost every American, this waste is slowly building up in the body fat, muscles, organs, just about everywhere. The average American stores from 6 to 10 pounds of fecal waste in their colon, this is NOT healthy.

When the backed up poisons reach critical levels, this can cause just about every disease known, your weakest organs and cells get sick and even die. This is one of the most common causes of disease today in America.
How could so many seemingly unrelated health problems be caused by constipation?

I remember when I was a kid and my older brother got his car, it was a 1950 Ford station wagon. Being more mechanically inclined, I did most of the work on it getting it to run. I used to be able to open up the hood, sit on a front fender with my feet and legs actually dangling inside the engine compartment and work on the engine, change spark plugs, whatever.

Get the picture, BIG CAR, BIG HOOD, little engine, lots of room. Nowadays, I open up the hood of my 1998 Ford Expedition and I just shut it right back up. Every square inch under the hood is jammed, packed with engine parts, power pumps, wires, hoses, pipes, filters, it is too complex, and even if I understood it, THERE IS NO ROOM to work on it. NO SPACE!
What’s my point? I used to think our anatomy was like my brother’s 1950 Ford, you know, a lung up here, a kidney down there, a bowel in the middle, with lots of room. Then one day in naturopathic school, I examined my first cadaver and WOW, what an engineering experience.

The human anatomy is not like my brother’s 1950 Ford at all, its like my 1998 Ford, every square inch is packed with something and everything is touching something else. This body of ours must have some incredible engineer.
Everything has its place and THERE IS NO EXTRA ROOM! If one organ swells or gets bigger, then another organ, usually the one next to it, gets squeezed, compressed or even worse, crushed.

Organs don’t work so well when they are crushed, and the blood, lymphatic, nerve and general circulation gets interrupted. Every organ needs good circulation to get nutrition in and waste out in order to be healthy. Squeezed and compressed organs get sick.

The entire colon is so big that it is connected to, touches, sits next to or is in the vicinity of every major organ in the human body except the brain. It also touches most of your major blood vessels and nerves.

Constipation causes the colon to literally swell, expand and even herniate. And according to the leading medical books, it is happening to all of us! So when an area of the colon gets constipated, and swells, it compresses and crushes the organ next to it. This could be the lungs, the heart, the liver and gall bladder, the pancreas, the kidneys and adrenals, the uterus, the prostrate, again, almost every major organ in the body.

This is simply why a constipated swollen colon can cause an almost endless amount of seemingly unrelated diseases and problems and I haven’t even discussed toxic build up in the colon that literally oozes into your blood and infects and poisons not just the nearby organs, but every organ and every cell in the body.
What’s the bottom line? A sluggish, constipated, swollen bowel, retaining pounds of fecal matter can either compress a nearby area causing disease, or emit infection and toxins which can affect and infect any area of the body.
This explains why about 80% of patients that came into my clinic healed their heart problems, fertility problems, liver problems, cholesterol problems, immune problems, blood sugar problems, adrenal and lack of energy problems, prostate problems, digestive problems, lower back problems, leg circulation and nerve problems, the list is almost endless.
They healed themselves by cleaning out their colons before I ever did any specialized treatment for their problem.
No matter how far removed the problem seems from the colon, no matter how ridiculous it may seem to do a bowel cleansing program instead of brain surgery, cleanse the bowel first and see what happens. If you’re like most people, you will be thrilled with the results."

TheDarkHalf
09-07-08, 11:34 pm
here's a link to bb.com top sellers...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dtxtop.htm

Mr. Aestheticz
09-08-08, 7:53 am
Got great feedback and a bunch of references and so forth!

greatly appreciated gentlemen!

Gazzara
09-08-08, 10:52 pm
A good herbal detox is a lot more than just a laxative. The detox should get your body cells to start releasing waste, and on a larger scale it should get your liver and other bile producing organs to start producing more bile fluid and dumping it inro your colon. These organs should flush themsleves along with your digective tract. A sluggush liver will prevent you from properly breaking down bodyfat.

Many people are afraid that a digestive cleanse will have them crapping for a week. If you really had that much in you, would you rather keep in stored in there getting putrid and toxic, then getting reabsorbed back into your blood? In reality you will probably go a lot the first day - when you are empty things settle down. Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse is a good product. One bottle is fiber tablets and the second body is the herbal stimulants.

After you clean out your digestive system you will likely have better absorption of protein, vitamins and food which should be an advantage for any bodybuilding or bulking diet.

Mr. Aestheticz
09-09-08, 8:10 am
A good herbal detox is a lot more than just a laxative. The detox should get your body cells to start releasing waste, and on a larger scale it should get your liver and other bile producing organs to start producing more bile fluid and dumping it inro your colon. These organs should flush themsleves along with your digective tract. A sluggush liver will prevent you from properly breaking down bodyfat.

Many people are afraid that a digestive cleanse will have them crapping for a week. If you really had that much in you, would you rather keep in stored in there getting putrid and toxic, then getting reabsorbed back into your blood? In reality you will probably go a lot the first day - when you are empty things settle down. Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse is a good product. One bottle is fiber tablets and the second body is the herbal stimulants.

After you clean out your digestive system you will likely have better absorption of protein, vitamins and food which should be an advantage for any bodybuilding or bulking diet.

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT OR PUT IT BETTER MYSELF!!!

jer
09-09-08, 6:53 pm
I'm starting a 30 day cleanse next week sometime, with the products I posted in my previous post.

Looking forward to cleaning out the system and preparing it to utilize my food for better results.

juand731
09-03-09, 1:33 pm
Im thinking of doing Colonix, soon. My question is has anyone done this while taking some supplements for example, animalpak, stak, nitro, and pump? By doing the colonix will my system flush out the supplements before taking affect, or will it not affect me at all?

justinbrown
09-11-09, 7:05 pm
i wouldnt be doing much with supplements...its just a couple weeks...give the body a break perhaps?...although i did wonder about pak...

what kind of diet should one follow on one of these products? ive been looking around and i get some diff advice every time XD

my take is fruits and veggies?

justinbrown
09-11-09, 10:43 pm
ah yes...fruits, veggies, nuts, oils, juices, rice, and fish seems to be the consensus...

Pak ok during a detox? i would assume so...

GJN5002
09-14-09, 4:10 pm
I'm starting a 30 day cleanse next week sometime, with the products I posted in my previous post.

Looking forward to cleaning out the system and preparing it to utilize my food for better results.

let us know how it goes minus the stinky details. Ive been wanting to do the same but found too much conflicting information to make a decision.

Altered Beast
09-14-09, 4:29 pm
You could just eat a lot more fiber and veges with each meal...

andrewT
09-14-09, 5:32 pm
I want to try one since I am out with an injury but I go to university and don't want the urge to shit my pants every time I sit down to learn something!