PDA

View Full Version : Rocksolid

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

sanga
09-15-08, 5:03 pm
I have been toying with starting a journal here for the last few months, Thirdeye said I should ages ago at the England (Luton) ABC meet but I wasn`t sure,

I`m 44 yrs old, done the bulking thing too many times, got fat too many times too and never really worried about seeing my abs, UNTIL recently, I thought I`m going on holiday in November and wondered what I`d look like in shape with abs.

Lets be honest a 44 yr old guy walking down the beach looking big with a gut doesn`t look as good as a 44 yr old guy walking down the beach not as big but with a full set of abs and is cut.

The more I pondered on it the more I was intrigued so I set myself the goal of getting into shape, initially I just cut out the junk, that was around 9 weeks ago, then I cycled my carbs as per Vinnys 3 days zero darbs, 2 day carbs, 2 days zero carbs 1 day carbs, so I was eating carbs every Thursday and Sunday, now I was losing bodyfat and looking better, thanks to Vinnys articles, thanks Vinny for all your advice and answering my questions.

I then began thinking about the keto diet more and more and decided to give it a try, I studied Vinnys and Oxs threads and have been doing the keto diet for a little while now, must say Oxs advice is spot on, thanks Ox, everything is going well.

I started at 206lb with no visible abs, I now have all 6 abs showing and weigh 187lb,I have a little way to go before I do a clean bulk, I will never go back to being so far over condition weight again.

I listened to so many people in the past and tried so many things and experimented with those theories, although some worked I don`t think they are for me, I took a lot of them to the limit, its only recently I`ve thrown all that out the window and gone with my gut instinct and decided to diet down to look better (for myself) and do things totally the opposite way.

I have had my head up my arse for too long, chasing the Cutler physique but without the genetics, I`m far more suited to a Zane physique and will be doing evrything I can in the pursuit of the rocksolid physique I know I can achieve.

This is my journey to that physique, I hope you will comment, critisize, add some info and join in as you see fit.

A big thanks to Vinny (I`d love a physique like yours), Ox and Tiny for all their help and advice past and present.

Current training split is...

Tuesdays arms and calfs
Thursdays back,traps and abs
Saturdays quads and hams
Sundays chest and delts

Cardio now at 30 mins 5 times a week.

Animalpak/Universal Supplements are Animalpak, Flex, Omega, Storm and Iso whey.

Diet at present is keto...

Breakfast 5 egg whites, 1 iso scoop whey, 2 t/s natty butter
Mid morning 4 whole eggs, 11 almonds
Lunch 1 large chicken breast, spinich leaves, 11 almonds
Mid afternoon 1 1/2 scoops iso whey, 1 t/s peanut butter
Dinner 5oz steak, broccolli
Late evening 5 egg whites, scoop whey, 2 t/s natty butter

Cheat meal is Sunday as last meal which include lot of carbs, lol

I have named this journey Rocksolid, this I intend to be.

k1usa
09-15-08, 5:14 pm
keep the post going bro....I understand the age thing ...I think its to our advantage....I honestly like how this age of mine is working....."not that being 27 one more time would be fun"....but at 54...it seems to all come together...mind, body and spirit...

Firedrake
09-15-08, 6:04 pm
As another 54-year-old, trying to find his abs, I'm going to keep tabs on you . . . *grin*

'drake

SDR
09-15-08, 6:48 pm
Sanga, SDR from the ABC in luton here, we did a couple of smith machine calve raises if you remember in that leaky gym lol...

ill be checking in on your progress, and i know you'll be training hard.

Get some pics up with the abs showing

Elite
09-15-08, 7:51 pm
This is great. You've been here too long and are too wise to not have a journal. You've done very well and must be looking very cut, as when you was in a bulk state at the ABC, your BF wa.snt exactly on the high side.

Where dya get Iso Whey from? If its Universals Iso, i havent found it cheaper than £28 for a 2lb tub anywhere.

sanga
09-16-08, 2:46 am
Thanks lads, I apprieciate the encouragment and feedback.

Thirdeye, same place mate and is that exact price.

SDR I`m not too keen on pics at the moment, I`ll wait till we do an ABC then post pics, I`ll be in better shape then and can post a before pic too, lol.

Hollow
09-16-08, 4:33 am
Good to see you have a journey started sanga. Wishing you the best in the quest of becoming rocksolid!

Elite
09-16-08, 6:38 am
Just to let you know, my i got my parcel, loved the contents. Omega looks wicked and GH Max smells like the old M-Stak, yum! I forgot about paying the extra that was miscalculated, will pay it in today. Thanks alot.

By the way, Rocksolid.............wish i'd come up with that title.

sanga
09-16-08, 7:04 am
No probs mate, its not new to me that name as I have a company set up as that, lol but it is very fitting.

sanga
09-16-08, 3:24 pm
15/9 30 mins cardio at home on cross trainer.

16/9 Calfs, Arms and cardio

Standing calf raise,1 set of 75 reps very slow with 5 second hold at top of each rep, extremely hard and painful.

Seated calf raise, 1 set of 75 reps very slow with 5 second hold at top of each rep, calfs on fire and I was close to crying, lol.

Cable curls supersetted with tricep pushdowns, 2 cycles 10-12 reps very strict, no rest between sets or cycles.

Moved on to the following supersets immediately without rest.

Barbell curls supersetted with Lying french press,2 cycles 10-12 reps very strict, no rest between sets of cycles.

Very good short intense workout,all sets to failure.

Incline treadmill at moderate walking pace for 30 minutes.

Feeling good, even got a pump in calfs and arms tonight, weighed 186.5lb when I entered the gym, looking more cut and vascular day by day.

simpleguy
09-17-08, 7:04 am
looking good bro... will def be checking in on ya... I must say, in nowadays' society, it's really rare to see a 44-year guy with abs, so congrats to you

Themostocles
09-17-08, 7:09 am
Well damn, how did I miss this Sanga. Count me in. -T.

Themostocles
09-17-08, 7:09 am
looking good bro... will def be checking in on ya... I must say, in nowadays' society, it's really rare to see a 44-year guy with abs, so congrats to you

I am 27, and have yet to see mine lol. I might be 44 before I see mine ;). -T.

sanga
09-17-08, 7:24 am
Thanks lads, hey get on the keto diet, its the best diet I`ve done.

Elite
09-17-08, 7:50 am
I seriously considered keto, but i dont think i can go without a milk and sweetnerless coffee or tea 1st thing in the morning. Also morning egg whites would take getting used to, i need something more filling.

Where do you get your eggs and meat/fish from? Any cheap tips? I found the best way to get fish is packs of 6 frozen cod/coley fillets in tesco/sainsburys for a few quid.

sanga
09-17-08, 8:31 am
Egge whites are pasterised and tested for salmonella liquid egg whites, 32 whits in a bottle, i`ll pm you the link, meat always from Morrisons, never had any problems with Morrisons meat, fresh and no crap, I only eat Slamon as fish and occassionaly Tuna in spring water.

Keto takes a while (5 days ) to get used to but its the best IMO for getting cut, you could always do the 3 days no carbs, 1 days carbs, 2 days no carbs then 1 day carbs as per Vinnys article, so only carbs on say thursdays and sundays, I did this at first, it worked well but I need to lose more now so keto it is.

ForearmFreak
09-17-08, 9:13 am
Geez bro that's a killer calf workout you have going on there!!!

sanga
09-17-08, 10:11 am
And they hurt like hell today too, not my routine either, it was based on a thread on here except I did 2 sets instead of 1, lol.

I mix my training up and change things around every 3-4 weeks, I used to do the same routine for 10-12 weeks on end but kept getting stale, so when I heard Vinnys advice he gave at cage 08 *What works is what you are not doing* I took it whole heartedly on board and its one of the soundest pieces of advice I have ever heard.

ForearmFreak
09-17-08, 11:06 am
NOO WAAYYY BRO!! I just started that new calf workout too..I only did one set though..and oh my god it still hurts!!

sanga
09-17-08, 11:15 am
Yeah, I`ve done the workout before and didn`t feel too bad but I didn`t get the weight correct for it to fail around 25 reps to start but this time I failed at 21 rested for 3-4 secs, did a few more and so on, people think you are mad but haven`t the balls to try it themselves, lol.

I rested around 4 mins between standing calf raise and seated, the last set was murder.

sanga
09-17-08, 3:10 pm
17/9 Back, traps and abs

Bent rows 15-12-10-8-10-10
D/B rows 15-12-10
Close grip pulldowns 15-12-10
Wide grip pulldowns 15-12-10
Barbell shrugs 20-15-12
Seated D/B shrugs 15-12-10
Reverse hyperextentions 3 x 15
Crunches 3 x 15
Hanging leg raise 3 x 15

Walked at moderate pace on Incline treadmill for 30 mins

I have a sore throat so didn`t push it too hard tonight,dropped deadlifts but on hindsight maybe I should have just done the deads all out, no matter it was a good workout.

SDR
09-17-08, 4:55 pm
17/9 Back, traps and abs

D/B rows 15-12-10
Barbell shrugs 20-15-12
Crunches 3 x 15
Hanging leg raise 3 x 15

Walked at moderate pace on Incline treadmill for 30 mins

I have a sore throat so didn`t push it too hard tonight,dropped deadlifts but on hindsight maybe I should have just done the deads all out, no matter it was a good workout.

good workout ya covered everything,
also got an annoying sore throat which came outta nowhere, just really annoying when trying to eat/drink.

Themostocles
09-17-08, 10:37 pm
Damn good w/o, hit it from every angle with lots of volume. -T.

sanga
09-19-08, 2:51 am
Thanks, I apprieciate you droppinhg in on my log and commenting, this is one of the great things about forums.

Throat still sore, no training at all yesterday, will do 30 mins cardio later today, will train legs tomorrow and do 30 mins cardio after but I won`t push the intensity of the workout too hard, it will be short and sweet, don`t want to turn this into full blown flu or the like and end up in bed for a week!

One of the biggest things I have learned over the last 3 years is to listen to my body, feeling ill? back off some, feeling very ill? leave alone and rest.

Diet is spot on, still dropping bodyfat, looking slightly sharper each and every day, energy levels good, in fact I`m finding I`m waking up 20-30 minutes earlier in the morning and am ready to start the day, lol

Cheat meal on Sunday, now what shall I have?

Themostocles
09-19-08, 3:19 am
Hope you feel better Sanga. Be careful, when I did keto I ended getting sick more often. I can think of too many cheat meals lol, and then I am going to be hungry. -T.

sanga
09-19-08, 4:25 am
Thanks mate, yeah i was concerned about the illness side of it on Keto, hopefully I`ll be ok, getting my training correct and recovery will play a big part in this making sure I`m not training too long and getting solid intense workouts of short duration should be the key, cardio is alway low intensity.

Big Mac, large fries, apple pie, 10 egg whites with Vanilla whey in 100g oats, M&Ms all washed down with a bottle of diet coke sounds good

or

Nachos with cheese, guacomole (sp), fajitas with chicken, 10 egg whites with Vanilla whey and 100g oats (not had oats in ages) and Vanilla cheesecake

Decisions decisions, lol

Themostocles
09-19-08, 4:26 am
LOL, those nachos sound awefully yummy. McDonalds make my stomach upset. -T.

sanga
09-19-08, 4:29 am
Maybe I`ll go for Bar-B-Q steak and chicken pizza with cheesecake for afters along with egg whites/oats and whey.

Themostocles
09-19-08, 4:38 am
Maybe I`ll go for Bar-B-Q steak and chicken pizza with cheesecake for afters along with egg whites/oats and whey.

LOL, why plan it? Just feed the craving at the moment. -T.

Elite
09-19-08, 4:44 am
You know you can drink diet coke 24/7 on keto, not just with cheat meal. Im sure you do, but just in case your stuck on water. ;)

sanga
09-19-08, 4:56 am
I`m just thinking ahead really, I`m not really planning it, I`ll see what I fancy at the time.

Diet coke mate yeah I have it every day, the cherry one mostly, zero cals, woohoo!

Firedrake
09-19-08, 7:23 pm
I`m just thinking ahead really, I`m not really planning it, I`ll see what I fancy at the time.

Diet coke mate yeah I have it every day, the cherry one mostly, zero cals, woohoo!

I'm afraid I'm addicted to Coke Zero -- it tastes more like real Coke. Mind you, I've really been upping my water intake lately, so not nearly so much soda.

Be careful with that sore throat -- if your immune system is compromised, take the time to rest. The iron will still be there.

'drake

sanga
09-20-08, 7:19 am
yeah `drake I`ve been taking it a bit easier, thanks, I know if I push too intensly I`ll end up worse.

19/9 cross trainer for 30 mins set on low level.

20/9 legs (took it easy as throat still sore)

5 mins bike warm up then 3 sets light leg ext for 15 reps each.

Squats warmup sets of 10-7-5-5 then 2 drop sets, 10 reps to failure, drop weight and go again to failure (11 reps), rest for 1 min then repeated one more time, rep range 7-10.

Hack squats 2 drop sets of 10/8 reps first set then 9/12 second set.

Leg ext 1 drop set 10/10 to failure.

Leg curls 2 drop sets 10/9 first set then 12/8 second set.

Rest periods kept to 1 min between drop sets.

Cardio immediately after weights on treadmill on flat with speed set at 3.1 for 30 mins.

I have been using Storm , I love Storm, I drink it all through my workout, lovely and refreshing.

I weighed myself today and was surprised I weighed 182.5lb, getting sharper.

sanga
09-20-08, 1:54 pm
I went to see a friend who lives near me this evening, he competes and is getting ready for the British Finals in October, he is looking big and cut and before I could comment on how he was looking he said "Fucking hell what you been doing? you look younger and much better"

I said I`d been doing keto and cardio etc, he insisted I take my top off and he was like "Wow mate you have transformed yourself, stick with it, you look great"

Now I knew I was looking cut and sharper but to have a comment like that from someone who diets for 3-4 shows a year and is always in good shape really hit home, I was really taken back and very pleased with his comments.

sanga
09-21-08, 2:01 pm
21/9 Chest and shouders

Sore throat gone almost but blocked sinuses and slight cough have developed but feeling a lot better, still took it easy this workout.

Low incline D/b press after 4 warm up sets that were progressively heavier I did 2 drop sets,1st set was 14 reps then dropped weight and did 10 reps, next drop set was 12 reps then dropped weight for 7 reps.

Incline smith press 2 drop sets, 1st set 12 reps and 10 reps, 2nd set 9 reps and 11 reps.

Low cable pulley flies 2 drop sets, 1st set 15 reps then 11 reps, 2nd set 9 reps and 7 reps.

Side laterals, 2 drop sets,1st set 15 reps and 11 reps, 2nd set 12 reps and 7 reps

Rear laterals, 2 drop sets, 1st set 14 reps and 9 reps, 2nd set 9 reps and 6 reps.

Good workout, shoulders sore so pressing was out, I suffer with some pain in shoulders when shoulder pressing so left it out.

Cardio was slight incline on treadmill on 3.0 for 30 minutes.

Cheat meal is Pizza, garlic bread, 100g oats with 1 sccop Vanilla whey, 1/2 a Vanilla cheesecake and a peanut butter Herseys bar.

BackRowBack
09-21-08, 2:16 pm
17/9 Back, traps and abs

D/B rows 15-12-10
Barbell shrugs 20-15-12
Crunches 3 x 15
Hanging leg raise 3 x 15

Hmm, I haven' ever seen anyone go so high rep on back exercises. Guess that's what works for you? Actually I might try that this week; it's a light week anyways and I don't think I've EVER gone that high for back (15, 12 rarely).

Themostocles
09-21-08, 2:17 pm
Glad you are starting to feel better Sanga, and that sounds like a tasty cheat meal. Good w/o's, even if you were taking it east ;). HOpe the shoulders are alrite. -T.

Elite
09-21-08, 2:49 pm
Great w/o's, sensible leaving the pressing alone. You do not mess with shoulders. That cheat feast bonanza has driven me to head down to my local tesco express in 15mins for some cheesecake. My cheat meal was gonna be 2mora night, but hey.

sanga
09-21-08, 3:18 pm
lol, mmmmmmm cheesecake.

Thanks guys for the comments and encouragement,much apprieciated.

Higher reps, all slow and controlled and held at contraction for a count of 4-5 then lowered even slower, burns like a bitch but is great.

Yeah due to my age and the abuse my shoulder joints have had I am having trouble pressing just an empty olympic bar so fuck it I`ll drop the pressing for a while, I used to have the same with Bench Press ad so left it alone for month then when I went back to it I was stronger on it lol but once again that also hurts so I dropped it, its all about instictive training now, if it hurts drop it and work round it.

I change things around rep wise generally if I can every 3 weeks, I`m on drop sets nowbut in 3 weeks I could be on supersets or pyramid sets or 5 x 5 etc, I loved the quote Vinny said in the cage 08 "What works is what you are not doing" and so I have been switching things around every 3-4 weeks as Vinny does, it works, I also warm up with an exercise for 4-5-6 or whatever it takes for a bodypart but don`t count it, again advice from Vinny, that man has probably forgotten more than I know lol.

sanga
09-22-08, 3:09 pm
22/9 Woke up this morning looking the same as yesterday, cheat meal didn`t effect anything, not that I thought it would do but I thought my weight might have increased some, no change there either.

Cardio- crosstrainer for 30 minutes.

Firedrake
09-22-08, 3:45 pm
lol, mmmmmmm cheesecake.

Thanks guys for the comments and encouragement,much apprieciated.

Higher reps, all slow and controlled and held at contraction for a count of 4-5 then lowered even slower, burns like a bitch but is great.

Yeah due to my age and the abuse my shoulder joints have had I am having trouble pressing just an empty olympic bar so fuck it I`ll drop the pressing for a while, I used to have the same with Bench Press ad so left it alone for month then when I went back to it I was stronger on it lol but once again that also hurts so I dropped it, its all about instictive training now, if it hurts drop it and work round it.

I sympathize -- I had good luck moving over to the Hammer Strength overhead Press. Didn't hurt my shoulders nearly so much.

I change things around rep wise generally if I can every 3 weeks, I`m on drop sets nowbut in 3 weeks I could be on supersets or pyramid sets or 5 x 5 etc, I loved the quote Vinny said in the cage 08 "What works is what you are not doing" and so I have been switching things around every 3-4 weeks as Vinny does, it works, I also warm up with an exercise for 4-5-6 or whatever it takes for a bodypart but don`t count it, again advice from Vinny, that man has probably forgotten more than I know lol.

One can always learn something new. God knows I'm learning a different way of training than I used to know.

Good on ya!

'drake

sanga
09-23-08, 3:21 pm
23/9 Arms and calf then cardio

Barbell curls
3 progressively heavier warm up sets
2 drop sets, 1st set 8 and 7 reps, 2nd set 6 and 9 reps

Preacher curls 2 drop sets, 1st 8/4 reps, 2nd 6/4

Single arm cabe curls 2 drop sets, 1st 12/9, 2nd 8/5

Close grip press
2 drop sets, 1st 9/5, 2nd 7/4

Weighted dips
2 drop sets, 1st 9/7, 2nd 7/5

Single arm cable pushdowns
2 drop sets, 1st 12/9, 2nd 9/6

Standing calf raise
2 drop sets, 8/6, 2nd 6/9

Seated calf raise
2 drop sets, 1st 9/6, 2nd 7/12

Hack sled raise
2 drop sets, 1st set 12/7, 2nd set 8/4

Treadmill on slight incline on 3.0 for 30 minutes.

Firedrake
09-23-08, 5:55 pm
Good work -- how're the dips treating your shoulders?

'drake

sanga
09-24-08, 3:33 am
They are fine mate thanks, I always do the close grip bench first even if I don`t do it as a main exercise I do some warmups on it before hitting the dips, all seems good at the moment and I`m very sore today.

sanga
09-24-08, 2:49 pm
24/9 Cardio

Slight incline on treadmill for 30 minutes.

Diet going very well,weighing 181 first thing in the morning, lots of energy,strength incresing slightly in the gym too.

sanga
09-25-08, 4:07 pm
25/9 Back, traps and abs

Deadlifts
After 4 progessively heavier warm up sets 12-10-8-6 I did 2 drop sets
1st set 5 reps then dropped weight and did 5 reps, 2nd set 5/3

Bent rows 2 drop sets 1st 8/5, 2nd 6/9

D/B rows 1 drop set 8/6

Close grip pulldowns 3 drop sets, 1st 12/8, 2nd 9/5, 3rd 6/7

Barbell shrugs 2 drop sets, 1st 10/7, 2nd 8/5

Seated D/B shrugs 1 drop set, 12/7

Crunches supersetted with leg raise 3 x 15 on all sets

Cardio on slight incline for 30 minutes.

Last week was the final week of a 3 week cycle of pyramid sets, this week is first week of drop sets only as you can see, the next cycle of 3 weeks will be super sets only or giant sets or whatever I decide, always mixing it up and changing things every 3 weeks.

Themostocles
09-25-08, 11:28 pm
Greatplan on mixing it up Sanga. Great looking back w/o. -T.

Firedrake
09-26-08, 12:30 am
Interesting strategy with the mix-ups, Sanga -- what's your particular goal?

'drake

sanga
09-26-08, 3:03 am
Thanks lads.

Mixing it up I`ve always done but I used to do it too little, say every 12 weeks but since Vinnys "What works is what you are not doing" advice at the cage 08 I have been mixing it up much more, Vinny has answered all my questions and given advice (thanks again Vinny) Vinny changes things aroubnd every 4 weeks or so in his own training but I`ve found every 3 weeks is perfect for me.

Goal at the moment is to get as cut as possible, I`m down 25lb now from 8 weeks ago, I have lost a little size but no matter, the idea here is to get in the best shape I can before I clean bulk and to keep good condition throughouit the bulk, i.e. still see my abs mostly, I`ve done all the bulk for the sake of it and getting fat too many times and I hate the way I look so this is the goal, hopefully by the time I hit The Cage 09 I`ll be 10lbs heavier and all will be muscle.

sanga
09-26-08, 3:29 pm
26/9 cardio was 30 minutes on crosstrainer tonight.

Diet has been consistant and consise as usual everyday, timed meals, spot on, never missed or late, been adding sea salt to every meal at 1/4 teaspoon including shakes, I was having some serious cramping problems but this along with 500mg Taurine twice a day and a gallon of water has sorted it nicely.

sanga
09-27-08, 12:30 pm
27/9 Legs and cardio

5 minutes on bike to warm up.

Seated leg curls 3 warm up sets then 3 drop sets, 1st 12/8, 2nd 10/7, 3rd 8/5
Stiff legged deadlifts 2 straight sets of 12 reps for the stretch,slow and controlled
Squats 3 progressively heavier sets then 2 drop sets, 1st 6/6, 2nd 5/6
Hack squats 2 drop sets, 1st 9/7, 2nd 7/6
Front squats 2 drop sets, 1st 10/7, 2nd 8/6

All drop sets taken to failure without the possibilty of completing another full rep, an absolute killer of a session, I was shaking uncontrollably for a while, lol.

Even though I didn`t want to do cardio after that leg session I knew that it would help with soreness the next day so I did 30 minutes on treadmill on slight incline.

sanga
09-28-08, 9:50 am
28/9 Chest and shoulders

Low incline d/b press
3 progressively heavier warm up sets then
3 drop sets, 1st 9/5, 2nd 8/6, 3rd 5/7

High incline smith press
3 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 6/4, 3rd 7/6

Pec dec
2 drop sets, 1st 10/7, 2nd 8/5

Seated side laterals
3 drop sets, 1st 12/8, 2nd 9/6, 3rd 6/4

Rear laterals
3 drop sets, 1st 10/8, 2nd 9/7, 3rd 6/7

Cardio on slight incline on treadmill at 3.0 for 30 minutes

weighed 181lb

Cheat meal tonight will be Bar- B-Q steak pizza, Garlic bread, Potato wedges, Vanilla cheesecake, 10 egg whites in 100g oats with 1 scoop Iso whey,peanut butter flapjacks that a friend gave me the recipe for...

1 cup natural peanut butter
10 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cups iso whey
1 cup dried oats

Mix peanut butter and honey together and microwave on full power for 80 seconds
now add remaining ingredients and mix the whole lot together, plave in shallow baking tray and place in fridge, simple.

Themostocles
09-28-08, 3:10 pm
Solid day Sanga, and the cheat meal sounds scrumptious. -T.

sanga
09-28-08, 3:11 pm
Thanks mate, I feel months pregnant now though, lol.

Themostocles
09-28-08, 3:13 pm
Thanks mate, I feel months pregnant now though, lol.

LOL, I just had mine about an hour ago with some family and friends. I swear I waddled out of the restraunt. -T.

Elite
09-28-08, 3:23 pm
That is a proper fatboy feast there. Your gonna feel on top of the world eating it, but give it time and your gonna feel wretched, haha. I suppose its a great way of getting shot of cravings for the coming week.

My lame comparison of a cheat meal is a whole takeaway style chicago town meat feast, with some Haagen Dazs and hot fruit crumble.

How do you rustle up your egg whites? I had whites mixed with oats for the one and only time in Ohio and loved it. Do you poach them?

sanga
09-28-08, 3:27 pm
I use pasterized liquid egg whites, I pour 100g dried oats into a bowl then put 1 scoop whey then pour egg whites over until wet and crunchy enough to eat, lovely.

One I start bulking again (Nov) I`ll be having the oats like that 3 times a day along with 2 spuds, apart from Torrent PWO that will be my carb sources,I`ll have a cheat meal once a week but it will just be some ice cream on top of one of the meals.

Elite
09-28-08, 3:29 pm
You dont cook the whites? Eeeeeew, cant be doing with that. Whatever floats your boat, haha.

sanga
09-29-08, 3:50 pm
I keepthings simple, I`m lazy, they are pasterized and tested for salmonella so who am I to argue, lol.

29/9 Cardio Crosstrainer on low level for 30 minutes.

sanga
09-30-08, 3:50 pm
30/9 Arms and Cardio

Biceps
Barbell curl 3 progressively heavier warm up sets then 2 drop sets, 1st 9/7, 2nd 6/5
Inc d/b curl 2 drop sets, 1st 10/8, 2nd 7/5
Single arm cable curls 2 drop sets, 1st 8/5, 2nd 6/4

Triceps
CGBP 3 progressively heavier warm up sets then 2 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 5/6
Weighted dips 2 drop sets, 1st 8/10, 2nd 6/9
French press 2 drop sets, 1st 12/8, 2nd 9/10

Wrist curls 2 drop sets, 1st 15/9, 2nd 12/6

Cardio-30 minutes on slight inclined treadmill

Weighed 181lb

Themostocles
09-30-08, 11:35 pm
Great arm day Sanga, you must be really getting a pump with those drops. -T.

sanga
10-01-08, 2:40 am
Cheers mate, yeah especially after the cheat meal on Sunday I had, lol.

Things are going very very well, I have a target of 1st November to see where I`m at, get my bodyfat checked and then clean bulk, I want to drop some more lbs and have another 4 weeks to do so, its all good.

One thing I have made a simple stupid mistake on and I`m sure everyones done it, I know I have previously and that is to weigh myself at diferent times of the day rather than at the sdame time, for instance last Saturday morning against last night, I need to weigh myself at the same time each time, lol.

Themostocles
10-01-08, 2:41 am
we ever going to see some kind of update pics? -T.

sanga
10-01-08, 2:44 am
Yes mate, I`ll post before and after pics in November, have to lean down some more so when I bulk it will be all lean muscle I gain.

My training partner who I helped get cut and into shape had a photo session and had his portfolio done, he has been signed by a supplement company, his face will be on their products soon apparantly, so pleased for him and makes me feel good too.

sanga
10-01-08, 3:03 pm
1/10 Calfs, abs and cardio

Standing calf raise
3 warm up sets then 2 drop sets, 1st 9/6, 2nd 7/5

Seated calf raise
2 drop sets, 1st 11/7, 2nd 9/5

Hanging leg raise 3 x 20
Crunches 3 x 20
Leg raise supersetted with chinnes, 1 x 20 reps of each

Cardio- 30 mins on treadmill on 3.0

sanga
10-02-08, 4:00 pm
2/10 back, traps and cardio

Deadlifts
4 progressively heavier warm up sets
2 drop sets, 1st 6/5, 2nd 5/4

Bent rows
2 warm upsets
2 drop sets, 1st 9/7, 2nd 7/5

D/B rows
2 drop sets, 1st 9/7, 2nd 8/8

Wide grip pulldowns
2 drop sets, 1st 10/8, 2nd 8/7

Close grip pulldowns
2 drop sets, 1st 11/8, 2nd 8/8

Seated d/b shrugs
2 drop sets, 1st 8/7, 2nd 6/6

Cable shrugs leaning back
2 drop sets, 1st 15/11, 2nd 12/8

30 minutes on treadmill on slight incline on 3.0

Firedrake
10-02-08, 4:22 pm
Lookin GOOD, there -- a great session!

What is it with the number of us doing back work today?

'drake

sanga
10-02-08, 4:34 pm
Thanks mate, dunno,shame we couldn`t all be training together though, one day soon maybe!

Themostocles
10-03-08, 1:51 am
Lol, I was suppose to do back today, but went for delts instead. I always got to be different. Great selection of back work Sanga, and crazy drops as always. -T.

sanga
10-04-08, 10:16 am
Thanks mate.

4/10 Legs and Cardio

Gym was nice and quiet this morning,just 2 people I know who are competing in an area show on 26th October.

10 minutes on bike to warm up.

Leg ext
4 sets 10-12 to warm up.

Squats
4 progressively heavier warm up sets - 15-12-10-8
2 drop sets, 1st 5/6, 2nd 4/5

Hack Squats
2 drop sets, 1st 6/6, 2nd 4/5

Front Squats
2 drop sets, 1st 9/6, 2nd 8/5

Seated leg curl
2 drop sets, 1st 6/8, 2nd 5/6

Stiff legged deadlifts 2 x 10 for the stretch, not heavy.

Standing calf raise
2 drop sets, 1st 12/8, 2nd 9/6

Stretched calfs for 90 seconds,now that hurts, lol.

Cardio was treamill on slight incline on 3.0 for 30 minutes.

Themostocles
10-04-08, 6:41 pm
Great leg day Sanga. -T.

Firedrake
10-05-08, 12:44 am
Good looking work leads to good looking legs, bro!

Nice work!

'drake

sanga
10-05-08, 8:08 am
Thanks lads, I apprieciate the encouragement.

5/10 Chest, delts, abs and cardio

Low incline d/b press
2 drop sets, 1st 8/9, 2nd 6/5

High incline smith press
2 warm up sets
2 drop sets, 1st 4/6, 2nd 6/5

Cable crossovers
1 light stretching set
2 drop sets,1st 6/8, 2nd 8/10

Side d/b laterals
2 warm up sets
2 drop sets, 1st 12/8, 2nd 8/6

Rear d/b laterals
1 warm up set
2 drop sets, 1st 9/8,2nd 7/5

Crunches supersetted with
Leg raise 15 reps on each, 2 supersets

Cardio was on treadmill on slight incline on 3.0 for 30 minutes

Themostocles
10-05-08, 3:15 pm
Very well rounded chest and shoulders routine. -T.

sanga
10-06-08, 2:57 am
Thanks and sore today, can`t do shoulder presses at present due to shoulder pain so dropped them.

Had a cheat meal last night.

200g oats with 10 eggs whites and 2 scoops whey mixed in, then 500ml choc briownie ice cream, 1 herseys choc bar.

Themostocles
10-06-08, 3:13 am
Thanks and sore today, can`t do shoulder presses at present due to shoulder pain so dropped them.

Had a cheat meal last night.

200g oats with 10 eggs whites and 2 scoops whey mixed in, then 500ml choc briownie ice cream, 1 herseys choc bar.

LOL, someones got a sweet tooth. -T.

sanga
10-06-08, 2:22 pm
6/10

I`ve increased the cardio by 5 minutes a day, now 35 minutes, did the crosstrainer tonight on low level while watching Animal Legs DVD again.

sanga
10-07-08, 4:13 pm
7/10 Back, traps, biceps, f/arms and cardio

I`m off to Spain for 4 days on friday afternoon so am squeezing in the bodyparts tues, weds, thurs and fri this week and leaving w/end free, although I will be doing cardio and eating clean esxcept for cheat meal Sunday.

Deadlifts
2 drop sets, 1st 6/5, 2nd 6/4

Bent rows
1 warm up set
2 drop sets, 1st 8/7, 2nd 6/5

D/B rows
2 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 6/4

Pulley rows
2 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 8/5

Parallel pulldowns
2 drop sets, 1st 9/7, 2nd 6/5

Seated d/b shrugs

Barbell shrugs
2 drop sets, 1st 12/8, 2nd 10/7

Reverse hyperextentions
3 x 15

1 arm d/b preacher curls
2 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 6/4

1 arm cable curls
1 drop set, 6/4

1 arm d/b wrist curls

1 arm reverse d/b curls
2 drop sets, 1st 10/6, 2nd 7/4

Training took 55 minutes to complete.

Cardio immediately after training was treadmill on 3.0 for 35 minutes.

Themostocles
10-08-08, 1:07 am
Looking great Sanga, enjoy your trip. Just hope I can get across the pond sometime. -T.

sanga
10-08-08, 4:08 am
Be good to meet you mate, if you do come over make sure you give us plenty of notice and we will make sure there is an ABC going on.

I`ll be at The Cage 09 so if you are there we can meet up.

Themostocles
10-08-08, 4:15 am
Be good to meet you mate, if you do come over make sure you give us plenty of notice and we will make sure there is an ABC going on.

I`ll be at The Cage 09 so if you are there we can meet up.

Can't make the cage this year, taking my daughter to disneyland that same month. Thats going to take all my funds. -T.

Elite
10-08-08, 6:02 am
enjoy your cheat paella meal amigo!
Your sessions are great and your still dropping weight. Can't wait to see your progress.

sanga
10-08-08, 6:57 am
Cheers mate, I`ll dig out a pic of when I was fat and take one in November cut, ok I`ll be smaller but the condition is there, I will then start to lean bulking, looking forward to eating oats on a daily basis, I love em.

sanga
10-09-08, 4:22 pm
9/10 Legs and cardio

Bike warm up for 10 mins
Leg ext 4 light sets for warm up

Squats
2 drop sets,1st 5/6, 2nd 4/4

Hack squats
2 drop sets, 1st 6/4, 2nd 4/4

Front squats
2 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 7/4

Leg curls
2 drop sets, 1st 7/5, 2nd 6/5

Stiff legged deadlifts
2 straight slow stretching sets of 10 reps and 8 reps

Trained with a friend at the gym, he is currently weighing 277lb, is big and seperated but I killed him tonight with the drop sets, he was almost crying but he took it and got through it all, lol

Cardio was treadmill on 3,0 for 35 minutes

Firedrake
10-09-08, 6:58 pm
You'd certainly leave ME gasping on the floor with that routine! Great work!

'drake

sanga
10-10-08, 6:10 am
lol, thanks mate.

10/10/08 Chest, tris and delts

OK since I`m off to Spain shortly I trained early this morning,8am.

Low incline press
2 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 5/4

Inc smith press
2 drop sets, 1st 7/7, 2nd 5/6

Inc hammer press (unilateral)
2 drop sets, 1st 8/6, 2nd 6/3

Weighted dips
2 drop sets, 1st 8/12, 2nd 6/8

1 arm pushdowns
2 drop sets, 1st 5/6, 2nd 4/4

Side laterals
2 drop sets, 1st 6/8, 2nd 4/6

Rear laterals
2 drop sets, 1st 7/7, 2nd 5/6

Cardio was treadmill on 3.0 for 35 mins.

Ok that is 3 weeks doing just drop sets so time to move onto something else, not decided what yet, might be giant sets, or straight sets or HIT, will think about it over the weekend.

Off to Spain now,no training while there,just cardio (walking for 35 mins everyday) and sticking to diet except for cheat meal on Sunday which just might be Paella with a few bottles of non alcholic San Miguel.

Have a good weekend.

sanga
10-14-08, 11:19 am
14/10

Ok back froma short break in Spain,weather was hot, I was on the beach most of the time in shorts, caught the sun and had some goos R&R, diet was spot on, cardio done daily.

I will be off on a longer break (1st wedding anniversary) around November 5th for 7-10 days, until then I have decided to do HIT style training.

Once I return from holiday I will be clean bulking, protein/fats will be raised, carb meals will be around training times, i.e. pre and post, I will play this by ear and if need be add small carb meals (oats) into earlier meals in the day.

Elite
10-14-08, 11:30 am
just to give you more self satisfaction, the weather here has been dark and damp, what's new? Me and you are gonna rock in '09. I'm gonna make you proud, I just turned down 2 krispy kreme dohnuts at work and I'm on day two of zero carbs.

sanga
10-14-08, 3:17 pm
Hey, nice one, lol, you are there mate, I know exactly what you are going through, 3 more days and it gets easier and easier, stay focussed, the cheat meal once a week is even sweeter at first then it just becomes another meal and you ain`t that bothered so eat cleanish carbs, although on Sunday I had the following, unreal coz next morning I had veins everywhere and was more cut, hahahaha-

Beef stew with every veg known to man, gravy
3 vanilla/chocoloate ice cream puddings, each one the size of a tea plate
100g oats
5 frusili bars
1 packet of cheezy corn puffs
1 packet of hob nobs dunked in coffee (mmmmmmmm)
1 caramac bar
1 large herseys peanut butter choc bar

All in 40 mins

Elite
10-14-08, 3:21 pm
Beef stew with every veg known to man, gravy
3 vanilla/chocoloate ice cream puddings, each one the size of a tea plate
100g oats
5 frusili bars
1 packet of cheezy corn puffs
1 packet of hob nobs dunked in coffee (mmmmmmmm)
1 caramac bar
1 large herseys peanut butter choc bar

All in 40 mins

Hows that 'Another Meal???'.
Yea chock hob nobs dunked are lovely. Caramac bar, ha, now that is 'Old Skool!'.

sanga
10-14-08, 3:27 pm
14/10 Hams, calfs, abs and cardio

I`ve split my bodyparts up a little so as to give priority and concentration to certain areas, hams being one of them.

Style is HIT for next 3 weeks until I go on holiday in November, first week will be not quite to failure on final set, stopping 1 maybe 2 reps short but intensity is very high always, so as to break into routine, next 2 weeks will be all out balls to the wall.

Seated leg curls
2 warm up sets 20-15
2 working sets,12 reps and 7 reps (not to failure but close,still breaking into HIT)

1 leg seated leg curls
2 sets, 12 reps, then 5 reps

Stiff legged deadlifts
2 sets, 12 reps, then 6 reps

Hack calf raise
20 reps warm up
2 sets, 12 reps, 8 reps

1 leg toe press
2 sets, 12 reps, then 7 reps

Hanging leg raise
2 sets, 12 reps, then 1 set almost failure

Crunches
1 set almost failure

Leg raise
1 set almost failure

Cardio
Treadmill on flat on 3.0 for 35 minutes

sanga
10-14-08, 3:31 pm
Hows that 'Another Meal???'.
Yea chock hob nobs dunked are lovely. Caramac bar, ha, now that is 'Old Skool!'.

Another meal as in a meal is a meal and nothing really to look forward to, you just get used to keto, its great and you start to get a pump again (well I had to add in sea salt to every meal as I was cramping, 1/4 teaspoon, works well, try it) and eventually your strength goes back up.

I`m looking forward to clean bulking again though to add some size and to get better pumps and stronger.

sanga
10-15-08, 4:29 pm
15/10 Arms and Cardio

Barbell curls
3 warm up sets
1 x 12, 1 x 6 (not quite failure, stopped 1 rep short, still breaking into HIT routine, I`ll do this for 1 week (5 w/outs) same goes for all bodyparts)

1 arm d/b preacher curls
1 x 12, 1 x 7

1 arm cable curls
1 x 12,1 x 6

Close grip bench press
3 warm up sets
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Weighted dips
1 x 15 no weight to stretch front delts
1 x 12, 1 x 8

1 arm cable pushdowns
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Cardio
35 minutes on treadmill on 3.0 slight incline

Themostocles
10-15-08, 11:18 pm
Great couple of days Sanga. I've done that HIT before and it is a great program, lots of gains. -T.

sanga
10-16-08, 11:14 am
Cheers mate.

Not sure about making too much in the way of gains as still dieting, but the training will be the highest intensity I can muster from next week once I`ve used this week to break into it.

Looking forward to bulking again and growing.

I`ll be posting a pic or 2 in a couple of weeks along with one or 2 when I was much fatter before dieting.

All I need to do is keep everything in check and add quality muscle and not add too much fat, I want to look like a bodybuilder instead of just big with a gut.

sanga
10-16-08, 3:54 pm
16/10 Quads, Calfs and Cardio

10 min warmup on bike
Leg Ext 3 light sets for warm up

Squats
1 x 12, 1 x 5 (not quite failure as still breaking in this week)

Hack squats
1 x 12, 1 x 5

Front squats
1 x 12, 1 x 7

Hack raise
1 warm up set of 20 reps
1 x 12, 1 x 7

Seated calf raise
1 x 12, 1 x 6

cardio was treadmill on 3.0 for 35 minutes

My calfs are so so sore but I love it.

sanga
10-17-08, 2:18 pm
17/10 Cardio

Cross trainer at home for 35 minutes on lowest level (flat) whilst watching "Battle for the Olympia 2005"

sanga
10-18-08, 11:40 am
18/10 Back, traps, abs and cardio

I was on fire today, an absolute killer of a workout, still breaking into the HIT this week so didn`t push to failure on last set, stopped 1 rep short,I just know I only had another rep in me on each working set, excellent workout.

Bike warm up 5 mins

Deadlifts
4 progressively heavier warm up sets 15,10,8,6
1 x 12, 1 x 5

Bent rows
1 warm up set 20
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Parallel grip chins
1 x 12 with bodyweight, 1 x 5 with 5kg plate

D/B rows
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Close grip pulldowns
1 x 12, 1 x 5

Barbell Shrugs
1 warm up set
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Seated d/b shrugs
1 x 12, 1 x got to 4 but felt a pain in side of neck so stopped, slight strain, nothing serious but neck is stiff now, I was correct to stop there

Reverse hyperextentions
3 x 15

Crunches
3 x 15

Hanging leg raise
3 x 15

Cardio
Treadmill on 3.0 for 35 minutes

Food intake for today is-

7am 5 egg whites, 1 scoop iso whey, 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, Animalpak, 4 Omega 3, 6, 9 capsules

10am 4 whole eggs, 11 almonds, Pump

10.30am Gym

12.30pm 250g lean beef minced with onion and 6 oz broccoli, Animal Omega

3.30pm 6oz chicken breast with 5oz spinach, 11 almonds

6.30pm as 3.30pm meal, Animal Flex

9.30pm 5 egg whites, 1 scoop iso whey, 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter

1/4 teaspoon Sea salt added to every meal

Themostocles
10-18-08, 1:28 pm
Great w/o Sanga. Glad you are enjoying the HIT. So you keep promising us pics lol, we are wating ;). -T.

sanga
10-18-08, 1:46 pm
They will come within the next week or two mate I promise.

I`ve dropped a lot of fat, some size but I`m at a starting point where I can clean bulk and will bang on some good quality size by the time The Cage 09 comes round.

sanga
10-19-08, 7:45 am
19/10 Chest, delts, calfs and cardio

Low inc d/b press
1 x 12, 1 x 7

Inc smith press on high incline
1 x 12, 1 x 5

Inc hammer press
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Smith shoulder press
1 warm up set of 15
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Side laterals
1 x 15 warm up
1 x 12, 1 x 7

Bent laterals
1 x 15 warm up
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Rear laterals on machine
1 x 7

Standing calf
1 x 20, 1 x 15 warm up sets
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Seated calf
1 x 12, 1 x 7

Cardio
35 minutes on treadmill on 3.0

Off to The British Championships now, have a good rest of the weekend everyone.

Themostocles
10-19-08, 9:35 am
Enjoy the championships bro, have a good time. So you getting any stronger on keto? I hear some do and some don't. -T.

Elite
10-19-08, 8:27 pm
Nice to see the whole delt head get a toasting, your obviously in a good state to press again, great stuff.

Hope you had a great time at the British Championships, somewhere i'd perhaps like to be in 5-10 years time.

sanga
10-20-08, 8:06 am
2-3 Years time Paul, you can get there mate :)

Yeah getting the strength back on the keto now, pumps are good again too.

Only around 2 weeks left before I add in the carbs around workout times at first and clean bulk.

sanga
10-20-08, 5:14 pm
20/10 Cardio

Crosstrainer for 35 minutes on low level.

sanga
10-21-08, 3:32 pm
21/10 Hams, Calfs, abs and Cardio

Bike for 5 minute warm up

Seated leg curls
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Stiff legged deadlifts
2 warm up sets to stretch out
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Hack raise
2 warm up sets
1 x 12, 1 x failure

1 leg toe press
1 x 12, 1 x failure

1 leg standing calf raise
1 x faiure

Crunches
2 x 15

Leg raise
2 x 15

Hanging leg raise
2 x 15

Cardio
Traedmill on 3.0 on slight incline for 35 minutes

All sets that were pushed to failure were in the 5-6 rep range and were taken to complete positive failure where I know another rep wasn`t possible.

Firedrake
10-21-08, 6:46 pm
Looks like a good ride, Sanga -- nice work! I hope you didn't have to go up or down stairs afterwards!

Themostocles
10-22-08, 12:14 am
Looks like a good ride, Sanga -- nice work! I hope you didn't have to go up or down stairs afterwards!

x2. Learning where my limits for failure are kinda hard for me so far. So you must know your body really well Sanga. -T.

sanga
10-22-08, 3:22 am
Thanks fellas.

Yaeh I know my body pretty well, I`ll be puishing extra hard over the next week or so to get everything out of it I can.

Themostocles
10-22-08, 3:23 am
Thanks fellas.

Yaeh I know my body pretty well, I`ll be puishing extra hard over the next week or so to get everything out of it I can.

My problem is mental. I keep finding that I am stronger than I think I am. -T.

sanga
10-22-08, 4:07 am
Go with it then mate, go with it.

Themostocles
10-22-08, 6:25 am
Go with it then mate, go with it.

LOL, wish it were that simple. I find a ceiling, back off a little when I try again I have blown through it. Thats why I love reading though others journeys, learning how other people develop. -T.

sanga
10-22-08, 3:23 pm
22/10 Arms and Cardio

Inc d/b curls for warm ups 2 sets 12-15

1 arm preacher curls
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Barbell curls
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Hammer curls
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Wrist Curls
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Tricep pushdowns to warm up triceps 2 sets 12-15

Clse grip press 2 warm up sets progressively heavier
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Weighted dips
1 x 12, 1 x failure

1 arm tricep pushdowns
1 x 12, 1 x failure

Cardio
Treadmill for 35 minutes on 3.0

Good intense workout, failure sets were around 5-7 reps, really stepping up the intensity now.

Themostocles
10-23-08, 12:11 am
You got a lisence for those guns? -T.

sanga
10-23-08, 3:13 am
Lol, since dieting they are smaller, ok solid and veiny but around an inch and a half smaller, I lost a little size but most was water and fat.

I`m so sore from training, quads tonight, bring on the pain!

sanga
10-23-08, 4:36 pm
23/10 Quads and Cardio

Tore the gym apart tonight, I had people watching me squat apparantly, I was told after I finished front squatting.

Bike 10 mins warm up

Leg ext 4 warm up sets progressively heavier

Squats
4 warm up set progressively heavier
1 x 12, 1 x failure (5 reps)

Hack squats
1 x 12,1 x failure (4 reps)

Front squats
1 x 12, 1 x failure (5reps)

Cardio
Treadmill on 3.0 for 35 minutes

Great workout, stronger than I have been on keto, all reps taken to positive failure, bombed out on 6th rep attempt on squats and 5th rep attempt on hacks, all safe as bars in place but good to know I couldn`t have done another rep.

Legs like jelly now as I type this, deep ache also.

Sore tomorrow probably.

Rest day apart from cardio tomorrow.

Themostocles
10-24-08, 12:06 am
Sweet and simple, the best way to get it done. Good job Sanga. -T.

sanga
10-24-08, 2:51 am
Thanks mate, my quads are sore this morning.

sanga
10-25-08, 9:36 am
24/10 Cardio, crosstrainer on low level for 35 minutes.

25/10 Back, traps, abs and cardio

Deadlifts

Bent over rows
1 x warm up set
1 x 12, 1 x failure (7)

Chins
1 x 12 bodyweight, 1 x 5 weighted to failure

Wide pulls
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Barbell shrugs
1 x 12, 1 x failure (6)

Reverse hyperextentions
3 x 15

Crunches
2 x 15

Leg raise
2 x 15

Hanging leg raise
2 x 15

Cardio
Treadmill on 3.0 for 40 minutes

Cardio stepped up to 40 minutes a day now, I have around 9 days left on diet, I will go on holiday for a week and do no training although there will be a lot of walking along the beach each day.

Once I return I will switch training to more volumne or maybe DC training, I will be clean bulking also, really looking forward to growing and adding some much needed muscle.

As promised I willpost pics up just before I finish the diet.

Themostocles
10-25-08, 1:42 pm
So are you making progress on the weight you are lifting? -T.

sanga
10-25-08, 1:44 pm
Yes mate, all lifts dropped a fair bit when I started keto especially main lifts but now back up to where I was before dropping the carbs, be good to see an increase when I start to bulk.

Themostocles
10-25-08, 1:48 pm
Sorry, just hard to tell since you don't post weights. Its not about the numbers though. Keep on hitting itmate, great stuff. -T.

sanga
10-25-08, 1:58 pm
Oh no problem mate, I`m not a strong dude by any stretch of the imagination, lol

Deads are with 160kg at moment, squats the same, I don`t bench but Inclines are with 140kg for 4, I never do 1 rep maxes so couldn`t tell you what an all out effort would be,I`ve squatted 185kg for 5 reps in the past to the floor but a long time ago, old man now so have to take it easy lol.

Once into bulk I`ll be concentrating on upping weights and banging on some quality muscle.

Themostocles
10-25-08, 2:19 pm
Oh no problem mate, I`m not a strong dude by any stretch of the imagination, lol

Deads are with 160kg at moment, squats the same, I don`t bench but Inclines are with 140kg for 4, I never do 1 rep maxes so couldn`t tell you what an all out effort would be,I`ve squatted 185kg for 5 reps in the past to the floor but a long time ago, old man now so have to take it easy lol.

Once into bulk I`ll be concentrating on upping weights and banging on some quality muscle.

Those are impressive numbers, old man or not, especially that incline. -T.

sanga
10-26-08, 4:21 pm
Lol, thanks mate.

26/10 Chest, Shoulders, Calfs and Cardio

Low incline d/b press

Steep incline smith press
1 x warm up set
1 x 12, 1 x failure (5)

Hammer inclines
1 x 12, 1 x failuer (6)

Smith press
2 x warm up
1 x 12, 1 x failure (5)

Side laterals
1 x warm up
1 x 12, 1 x failure (6)

Rear latrals
1 x warm up
1 x 12, 1 x failure (7)

Rear laterals on m/c
1 x 12, 1 x failure (9)

Toe press
2 x warm up
1 x 12, 1 x failure (7)

Seated calf raise
1 z warm up
1 x 12, 2 x failure (7) & (5)

Made sure all calf sets were done with bent legs, i.e. knees totally unlocked, diferent pump, deep painful pump in gastroc.

Cardio
40 minutes on treadmill on 3.0

Had cheat meal tonight, ate too much, lesson well learned tonight is not to over indulge, gorge,pig out, I sat there for over an hour feeling like a stuffed pig, very uncomfortable, I should know better too, in future I will have a cheat meal with a desert and leave it at that.

Cheat meal was, for thos interested-

Beef stew with dumplings, I had around 12oz steak with potatos, carrots, onions and 4 dumplings in gravy.

50g oats with 10 egg whites, 1 scoop vanilla whey.

1/2 a rhubarb crumble with a can of Ambrosia custard.

1/2 a vanilla cheesecake.

1/2 a pack (125g) of sweet popcorn.

4 Alpen chocolate/orange bars.

1/2 a pack of large chocolate buttons.

can of diet coke.

large black coffe.

Far too much for one sitting.

Firedrake
10-26-08, 4:52 pm
Damn good work. I refute your statement that you are not strong -- you may not be as strong as you WANT to be, but you ARE strong.

Chocolate/orange bars -- yummm

I had a cheat meal last night, too, and thought I was holding back a bit, but I got uncomfortably full, too.

Themostocles
10-27-08, 1:02 am
Good looking cheat meal... I mean workout lol. -T.

sanga
10-27-08, 4:34 pm
Thanks lads.

27/10 Cardio

Cross trainer for 40 minutes on low setting.

sanga
10-27-08, 4:37 pm
I go on holiday next week sometime, just looking online now for last minute booking, once I get back I`ll be clean bulking and hitting DC Training for a while, maybe forever, who knows, it will take a little while to get into but I`ll list everything I come accross, training, sets, reps, thoughts etc, I really looking forward to it, I`m in the process now of learning as much as I can about it.

sanga
10-28-08, 5:04 pm
28/10 Hams, Calfs, Abs and Cardio

Bike for 5 minute warm up

Seated leg curl
1 x 12, 1 x failure (7)

Stiff legged deadlifts
1 x warm up for stretch
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Standing calf raise
2 x warm up progressively heavier sets
1 x 12, 1 x 8

Seated calf raise
1 x warm up
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Hanging leg raise
2 x 20

Crunches
2 x 20

Cardio
40 minutes on treadmill on 3.0

Themostocles
10-29-08, 12:16 am
Nice looking ham dominant day, how they feeling now? -T.

Firedrake
10-29-08, 12:27 am
Great looking leg day, Sanga! When do you do quads?

sanga
10-29-08, 4:21 am
Thanks lads, not that bad today actually, I may have to hit quads today as I probably won`t be able to train over the weekend much and go on holiday on Monday but that shouldn`t be a problem, I was going to hit back or chest but I did chest 3 days a go and back 4 days ago plus I did stiff deads last night so quads seem to be the safest choice, its a one off situation you have to adapt to from time to time due to other commitments.

Looking forward to my break then back to some serious clean bulking with DC Training.

I`ll get a pic or 2 up also before I go, one of before I started and one of what condition I`m min now.

I now have a long journey to travel to add some quality mass but at least from the current condition I`ve got that solid lean base to build the mass and have gotten rid of the 30lb+ of blubber I had 3 months ago.

sanga
10-29-08, 5:18 pm
29/10 Quads and Cardio

5 minutes warm up on bike

Leg ext warm up 4 sets

Squats
3 progressively eavier warm up sets
1 x 12, 1 x failure (6)

Hack squats
1 x 12, 1 x failure (6)

Front squats
1 x 12, 1 x failure (7)

Cardio
40 minutes on treadmill walking on 3.0

Very good intense workout, the failure sets were pushed to positive failure where I knew I could not have done another rep without bombing out.

Themostocles
10-30-08, 12:16 am
Definitely 'rock solid' Sanga. Hitting legs two days in a row. -T.

sanga
10-30-08, 4:04 am
Thnaks mate, feeling sore today though, lol

Rest day today except cardio.

sanga
10-30-08, 4:47 pm
30/10 Cardio

40 Minutes on treadmill on 3.0

sanga
10-31-08, 5:06 pm
31/10 Back, abs and cardio

5 mins warm upon bike

Deadlifts
1 x 12, 1 x 5

Bent rows
1 warm up set
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Wide grip pulldowns
1 x 12, 1 x 6

Reverse hyperextention
3 x 15

Crunches
2 x 20

Leg raise
2 x 20

Cardio

Went as heavy as I could today on all exercises, both working sets taken to failure, very hard workout, cut down exercises due to the intensity today.

Last day training tomorrow (chest and shoulders) before I go on holiday on Monday, last day of daily cardio, I will switch to 3 times a week from next week and will continue doing 3 times a week on non training days, 30 minutes on treadmill, no training next week, a complete rest from weights for 10 days,then back to a clean bulk and DC training, a week or two break into DC then full out intensity.

I will have some carbs tomorrow in the way of oats throughout the day for 3-4 meals and drop the fats a touch, see what I look like come Sunday morning.

I weighed 176lb tonight in the gym, which is very light for me, I have lost 32lbs on this diet and although I have dropped a little muscle I have lost a hell of a lot of fat but I could still lose more but feel now is the time to start a clean bulk, I set a target date of 1st November to get as lean as possible and I have achieved that.

I will post a picture or two on Sunday just to show the comparisson, it will also show what I look like now to what I will look like come The Cage 09 in 4 months time, I will again post pictures just before The Cage, I have a good lean base to work from now.

Thanks to everyones encouragement and input on my journey, I apprieciate it.

SDR
10-31-08, 7:04 pm
sanga, thats an impressive incline bench number you got!

Elite
10-31-08, 7:57 pm
sanga, thats an impressive incline bench number you got!

Just one of a number of big numbers. Strong boy. Sanga, your gonna kick my ass at the ABC!

sanga
11-01-08, 11:43 am
Nah mate, I`ll be doing DC Training after my holiday and the main thing I`llbe concentrating on is reps, my body can`t take all the 4-6 reps anymore, I`ll be doing higher reps and increasing weights over time, so my incline may well be down to 90kg or so but as long as I`m getting my rep numbers out,15-20 and increasing each week I`ll be happy.

We will have a good session mate, then we get to eat, mmmmmmm.

1/11 Chest, shoulders, calfs and cardio

Rotator cuff warm ups with d/bells (I do this every workout)

4 sets light incline d/bell fly/presses

Low incline d/b press
1 x 12, 1 x failure (8)

Incline Smith Press
1 light feel set of 10 reps
1 x 12, 1 x failure (6)

Chest stretch for 45 seconds with 10kg d/bells

Shoulder press
1 light feel set for 10 reps
1 x 12, 1 x failure (7)

Shoulder stretch on smith for 45 seconds

Toe press
2 light warm up sets of 15-12
1 x 12 with 5 second hold at top then slow lower for count of 10 seconds, hold at bottom at full stretch for count of 20 before next rep, an absolute killer, in line with DC Training which I will be doing when I return from holiday.

Calf stretch on calf machine for 45 seconds

Cardio

weighed 176lb this morning in the gym.

I added in some carbs today as follows and have filled out quite nicely already, lol

7am
10 egg whites,1 scoop Iso Whey,50g oats

10am
10 egg whites, 1 scoops Iso Whey, 50g oats, 1 scoop waximaize

10.30am
gym, drank a waximaize(40g) and whey (20g) shake during workout

12pm
3 scoops Torrent

1pm
2 chicken breasts, spinach, 50g oats

4pm will be as 1pm meal

7pm will be beef, broccoli, almonds

10pm will be beef, broccoli, almonds

See how I look in the morning.

I`ll cycle carbs from tomorrow as I`ll be on holiday and no training so will play it by ear, have a beer or two also.

Themostocles
11-01-08, 1:24 pm
Enjoy the holiday and the beer Sanga, I can't even remember the last time I had one :(. Great w/o, and looking forward to the DC training. -T.

sanga
11-02-08, 4:10 am
Thanks T, I`m really looking forward to it too.

Ok as promised here are a few pics of how I currently look after dieting.

The first pic is me looking like Chew Bacca from Star Wars, I pretty much looked this way for best part of a year, lol

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=Paul20v2.jpg

Now below are pics of after dieting-

Two of these pics were taken 2 days ago just before I shaved down a little again, not a huge diference in those and the 2 I took this morning.

As I have said, I now have a good lean base to clean bulk from, I could have gone on to lose more bodyfat but I`ll be bulking so I feel I`m at a good point, losing more bodyfat is pretty pointless at this stage.

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/...mber2008024.jpg

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/...mber2008018.jpg

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/...mber2008016.jpg

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/...mber2008014.jpg

Many Thanks for all the support I have recieved here, now I`m off on holiday for a week tomorrow, there will be no training for 10 days but I`ll do cardio 3 days a week for 30 minutes.

Really looking forward to banging on some quality size.

sanga
11-02-08, 4:29 am
Hmmm, seems that I can`t get the links to work.

Try

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/sangaanimalpak/?action=view&current=Paul20v2.jpg

sanga
11-02-08, 3:16 pm
Ok this is my DC Training schedule for my first blast, I will be breaking into it gently on my return from holiday, I need to work out my weights to start from so that will take a little while before I`m using optimal weights, I will be using higher reps due to risks of a tear, joint pain etc as advised by Dante in one of his articles for the over 34 yr crowd, I`m 44 and need to make sure I`m still lifting progressively in 10 yrs time with no problems, higher reps are the safest way to go IMO.

I`ll be doing straight sets for first blast, no rest pause until I have this all sussed and under control.

Calf exercises - hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs each rep

Quad exercises are done straight set heavy as possible then lower weight some, rest for how long needed then do widowmaker set all out to failure-25 to 30 reps.

Monday (1A)
Incline Smith press 15-25
Front Smith Press 15-25
Skull Crushers 20-30
Wide Front pulldowns 15-25
BB Rows 10-12

Wednesday (1B)
BB Curls 20-30
Reverse curls 20-30
Standing calf raises 10-12 hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs
Lying Curls 20-30
Squats 10-15 (straight set)+widowmaker of 25-30

Friday (2A) Rep ranges same as above routines
Incline Hammer press
Machine Military Press
Close Grip Bench
Close grip pulldowns
Deadlifts 10-12 then 6-8

Monday (2B)
Seated DB Curls
Wrist Curls
Seated Calf Raise hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs each rep
SLDL
Hack Squats 10-15 (straight set)+widowmaker of 25-30

Wednesday (3A)
Decline Smith Press
Rack Shoulder Press
Weighted Dips
Rack Chins
T-Bar Row 10-12

Friday (3B)
Preacher Curls
Hammer D/B Curls
Toe calf press hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs each rep
Seated leg curls
Front Squats 10-15 (straight set)+widowmaker of 25-30

Really looking forward to this.

Off for a break now, catch up with everyone on 10th or 11th November.

Elite
11-02-08, 3:26 pm
Looking good in the pics, tho to be honest, you were'nt exactly fat in the 1st pic. Dunno where that 30+ pounds has gone, you must of had chubby ankles? You've got a great base tho, solid arms and delts, abs! Tho you look cream crackered in the pics, so enjoy the holiday and get a nice tan too.

That DC programme looks great, something i will definately dip into in the future.

Themostocles
11-02-08, 3:30 pm
I swear I need a dictionary for you english blokes sometimes! Cream crackered? Assuming that means pale lol. Solid looking plan Sanga, though honestly I don't know much about DC training. Looking good in those pics too. -T.

sanga
11-02-08, 3:48 pm
Thanks lads, I really apprieciate the comments and feedback, thanks for the kind words.

Cream Crackered = Knackered

sanga
11-05-08, 4:25 am
5/11 On Holiday-

Couldn`t resist logging on for 5 minutes to see whats going on.

Very hot here, out in the sun all day, had a few beers and a shit load of carbs but hey I`m on holiday, I`ve put on 5lbs, lol.

Gran Canneria is a nice place.

Don`t work too hard all you poor people that are at work, catch up with you soon, lol

sanga
11-10-08, 3:28 pm
10/11

Well I`m back from holiday, added a few pounds here and there, not weighed myself today but looking a bit smooth,been eating junk a lot of the week but hey I was on holiday.

Had sun stroke and was laid up in bed for a day and a half, been shitting like mad, just couldn`t get enough fluids in me, much better now though and raring to go at DC.

I`ll start on Wednesday with a break in workout and again on Friday.

It was good to have a break but its also good to be back as now the hard work starts and that is adding some good lean size.

Themostocles
11-11-08, 1:34 am
Glad you are better from that sunstroke. Ready to see you kick some DC ass. -T.

Sanga Junior
11-12-08, 9:04 am
Nice one mate!! Ive been Sanga's training partner for while now and he has trained me....his knowledge and drive is second to none!

Looking forward to seeing ur lean bulk mate

Firedrake
11-12-08, 12:45 pm
. . . that's the problem with you Brits -- you hardly see the sun all year, go on holiday and get overdosed! Sheesh! *grin*

Hope you're feeling better -- I'm looking forward to seeing the work come through!

'drake

sanga
11-12-08, 3:57 pm
hahahahahaha, cheers mate, lol

sanga
11-12-08, 4:12 pm
12/11

Break in workout so did what I would have done on Monday 1A, not pushed to failure, more a feel for the weights used workout, the stretching after each bodypart was hard work, I`m really looking forward to getting into this training.

So today was-

(1A)
Incline Smith press 15-25
Front Smith Press 15-25
Skull Crushers 20-30
Wide Front pulldowns 15-25
BB Rows 15-25

Cardio will be done on non training days, i.e. Tues, Thurs and Sat or Sun, Tues and Thurs.

Diet has increased already with carb cut offs around 4-5pm except on training days where I`ll have a pre workout meal of oats, waximaize and whey then Torrent PWO.

Todays diet was-

6.30am
6 egg whites, 1 50g scoop iso whey, 100g oats mixed and eaten cold, Animal Pak

9.30am
6 whole eggs

12pm
6oz chicken breast, Almonds, spinach, Omega Pak

2.30pm
same as 12pm

5pm
50g oats, 1 40g scoop waximaize, 1 50g scoop iso whey

6pm train, storm during w/out

7pm
PWO Torrent 3 scoops

8pm
7oz topside steak, broccoli, 1 flex pak

10.30pm
will be 6 egg whites, 1 50g scoop iso whey,2 tablespoons natural peanut butter

Food will be increased slowly over the next few weeks, high protein,moderate fat, moderate carbs with carb cut offs on training days,fats will be higher non training days with carbs being less.

weighed 185lb so am upin weight already, this is down to holding water since introducing carbs, looking fuller.

Firedrake
11-12-08, 4:25 pm
Great looking work! Sounds like you'll get right into the swing of things.

Sanga Junior
11-12-08, 5:05 pm
mate feel free to post my pics i sent u to show what ur advice (and mine lol) can achieve!

sanga
11-12-08, 5:49 pm
Hey hows it going mate.

Pics, hmmm what did I do with those, lol

Ok I`ll see what I can do.

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/sangaanimalpak/?action=view&current=15B15D.jpg

sanga
11-13-08, 4:23 pm
13/11 Cardio

I`m so so sore today from yesterdays workout, that stretching is murder.

Cross trainer low level for 30 minutes.

Firedrake
11-13-08, 5:55 pm
Hey hows it going mate.

Pics, hmmm what did I do with those, lol

Ok I`ll see what I can do.

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/sangaanimalpak/?action=view&current=15B15D.jpg

Is that pic you, or Junior?

either, whoever it is -- they look good

sanga
11-14-08, 3:07 am
Thats Junior mate, I punished him to get that look, lol

Seriously, fair play to him as he kept up with my training sessions and listened to my advice, the man is a stickler for detail and goes at it full on, he has been signed by a couple of companies to promote products too (won`t mention them here as we don`t discuss other companies)

Themostocles
11-14-08, 7:35 am
Jr. is ripped, excellent work. That last workout was great also. -T.

Sanga Junior
11-14-08, 8:07 am
Thanks guys for the comments! As Sanga says is all the attention to detail and training like and animal....Sango is a is a great guy and great training partner and coach! Pushes u to the limit EVERY session!!

As he said im a pro fitness model signed by a large agency and sponsored by a few very big nurition co's whom i wont name.

sanga
11-14-08, 4:28 pm
14/11

Did (1B)
BB Curls 20-30
Reverse curls 20-30
Standing calf raises 10-12 hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs
Lying Curls 20-30
Squats 10-15

I have a sore throat so didn`t push to failure, stopped a couple of reps short but this gave me a good idea of the reps I can get for this workout, so Monday will see if I`m ok to train fullout or whether this throat turns into something worse, I believe in listening to my body and if I went full bore tonight I could end up in bed with a serious cold or whatever for a week, exactly what I don`t want right now.

I`ll hit cardio tomorrow morning and see how I am.

sanga
11-15-08, 11:10 am
15/11

Feeling the same so did cardio on treadmill, 30 minutes on 4.5.

Sanga Junior
11-17-08, 7:34 am
gd to hear not getting ill yet mate!! Last thing u need! Hows the training and more food feeling...filling up nicely?

sanga
11-17-08, 7:44 am
I`m eating well and 7 times a day, just feeling a little off still, sore throat and cough.

The stretching is a bitch as it leaves you sore as hell but you recover from the soreness much quicker, I`m loving it so far and I haven`t even started really, lol

sanga
11-17-08, 2:32 pm
17/11

Monday (1A)
Incline Smith press 15-25 got 23 up weigh next time
Front Smith Press 15-25 got 30 up weight next time
Skull Crushers 20-30 got 25 leave weight same next time
Wide Front pulldowns 15-25 got 18 leave weight same next time
BB Rows 15-25 got 23 up weight next time

Good workout, stretching is a real pain and hurts like hell, not in a bad way but a sort of satisfying way, lol

Themostocles
11-17-08, 11:48 pm
Come on!! Pain is fun lol! -T.

sanga
11-18-08, 8:17 am
lol, yeah it is mate but shit I`m sore today, I defy anyone to do a DC workout properly with the stretching and not be sore the next day, I`m talking to the bone sore too but it goes quickly also, by tomorrow it will almost be gone.

Luvin it.

sanga
11-18-08, 5:01 pm
18/11 Cardio

Treadmill on 5.0 walking for 30 minutes.

Abs
Crunches 2x20
Leg raise 3x20

Firedrake
11-18-08, 5:50 pm
Pain is your friend. The right pain tells you you're making progress. The wrong pain lets you know something's out of whack. Stretching can hurt like an SOB, but does you a lot of good overall.

Cardio's just boring. <grin> . . . but, apparently, does some good. Those were some nice shots of you, too, by the way.

sanga
11-19-08, 3:38 am
Thanks mate, smaller than I`m used to but the goal was to get to a decent bodyfay % ready for a good lean gaining momentum, I`m luvin eating more food again.

sanga
11-19-08, 4:09 pm
19/11

(1B)
BB Curls 20-30 got 30 increase weight next time
Reverse curls 20-30 got 32 increase weight next time
Standing calf raises 10-12 hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs got 11
Lying Curls 20-30 got 23
Squats 10-15 got 23 increase weight next time
Squat Widowmaker 25-35 got 25

This was a killer, left me absolutely Donald Ducked, the stretching is murder, wipes you right out, this is by far the most intense training I have done and I love it but hate it, lol

sanga
11-20-08, 4:45 pm
20/11 Abs and Cardio

Hanging leg raise 2 x 20
Crunches 2 x 20

Treadmill at 5.0 walking for 30 minutes

sanga
11-21-08, 5:23 pm
21/11

Friday (2A)
Incline Hammer press 15-25 got 31 increase weight for next time
Machine Military Press 15-25 got 27 increase weight for next time
Close Grip Bench 20-30 got 20 leave weight the same
Close grip pulldowns 15-25 got 20 leave weight same
Deadlifts 10-12 then 6-8 1st set 12, 2nd 8, increase weights

Really hard workout, very drained at end of last set on deadlifts.

This really is fun in a painful way, I love it, very intense and hard, the stretching hurts and my quads and calfs are sore from Wednesday still.

Lessons learnt this week are-

1/ Take warm ups more slowly, slow down
2/ Rest more between heavy compound moves, up to 5 mins if need be as need more rest
3/ Study stretches more thoroughly at home, saves time looking in the gym
4/ Increase food intake in the way of good fats as flagging somewhat
5/ Get Immune system supplements as these will aid recovery at a much quicker rate seeing as my CNS is taking a lot on

Themostocles
11-22-08, 10:58 am
Learning lessons? See, you can teach old dog new tricks lol. Of course that old dog could probably whoop me ;). -T.

sanga
11-22-08, 11:12 am
Lol, I`m learning a whole new lot of things about myself, one being this old dog ain`t finished yet, I have to swap and change things around, i.e. exercises and rep ranges due to aches and pains etc but I ain`t nowhere near done, I have a whole lot left in me:)

22/11 Abs and cardio

Hanging leg raise 2 x 20
Crunches 2 x 20

Treadmill on 15 degrees doing the following-

6 mins at 4.5
4 mins at 4.0
3 mins at 3.5
2 mins at 3.0

Long strides and pushing off on the toes, calfs pump up like a bitch.

sanga
11-23-08, 12:06 pm
23/11 No training today.

Went and checked out the new Golds Gym in Camberley, around 6 miles form me, its not open yet but looks to be a good set up, I think I`ll be joining it, 2 squat racks and a deadlifting platform along with a ton of free weights and machines, sauna, classes for the mrs, tons of cardio stuff etc etc etc .

My current gym is small in comparrison and has turned into a social club rather than the hardcore gym it used to be and has broken equipment that they just can`t afford to fix, 1 squat rack and no platform, ok its a 500 metre walk from my house but I`ll be moving soon anyway once I sell my house and we have been looking in the Camberley area for the last few months so it all looks good.

Golds is within a new complex thats been built called The Atrium, there are tons of shops, Frankie and Bennys, Nandos, Waggamama, Chiquitos and a load of other resturants to go eat at after training, all in the same complex, ideal for ABC meet.

www.goldsgym.com then click UK then Camberley.

Elite
11-23-08, 12:41 pm
That Golds sounds great, definately a future ABC venue. I think we'd have to do a grub crawl with all the restaurants close by too, i can easily devour everything on the menu of all those places.

Im getting so pumped for the ABC on saturday. Most likely i'll be hitting back. Also looking forward to seeing the post cut rebound sanga doing DC, you can show me some stretches bro.

sanga
11-23-08, 1:22 pm
Lol, ok mate, I`ve put some size back on, little watery but vascular.

DC stretches, oh you`ll love them, hahahahahaha (Vincent Price laugh)

I`ll be hiting 3B below

Friday (3B)
Preacher Curls
Hammer D/B Curls
Toe calf press hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs each rep
Seated leg curls
Front Squats 10-15 (straight set)+widowmaker of 25-30

Yeah a restuarant and pub crawl could be good at some time, I`ll be joining Golds shortly.

Sanga Junior
11-23-08, 3:12 pm
might have to join it mate when back!! Tbh dont care bout the social club thing as we just ignore and train like animals lol

Will be gd to catch up when back! Have some animal stuff on its way for u too ;)

sanga
11-23-08, 4:04 pm
Hey good to hear from you mate, now that would be great to train with you, some real hardcore sessions,excellent!

I`ll mail you tomorrow mate, thanks.

sanga
11-24-08, 4:09 pm
24/11

Monday (2B)
Seated DB Curls 20-30 got 23, leave weight same next time
Wrist Curls 20-30 got 41, increase weight next time
Seated Calf Raise hold at top for 5 secs, lower slowly, stretch bottom for 20 secs each rep
SLDL got 15, increase weight next time
Hack Squats 10-15 (straight set)+widowmaker of 25-30 got 21 on 1st set, increase next time, got 29 on widowmaker, leave weight same

Good w/out, very hard on widowmaker, gasping for breath and quads numb, love it.

Themostocles
11-25-08, 1:27 am
Lots of needing to inrease weight next time, smells like progress Sanga. Good work. -T.

sanga
11-25-08, 3:16 am
Thanks mate, all new so feeling my way at moment, it will soon come to the point where I`m at max and having to beat the log book every time, can`t wait, lol

Sore today, calfs, hams and quads.

sanga
11-26-08, 3:11 pm
26/11

Wednesday (3A)
Decline Smith Press 15-25 got 31, increase for next time
Rack Shoulder Press 15-25 got 20, leave same for next time
Weighted Dips 20-30, got 19, keep samefor next time
Rack Chins 15-25, got 15, keep same for next time
T-Bar Row 15-25, got 20, keep same for next time

Stretching is really painful, not in a bad way in a good way but holding that stretch is murder.

Themostocles
11-28-08, 10:32 pm
Stretching is really painful, not in a bad way in a good way but holding that stretch is murder.

I've done those DC stretches before, they can be brutal and feel so good at the same time. Good work Sanga. -T.

sanga
11-29-08, 3:06 am
Thanks T.

Joined Golds Gym yesterday, opens on 14th December, Dorian Yates is at the grand opening, might even be able to get him to train, show him how to squat properly, lol

Firedrake
11-29-08, 1:04 pm
Good on ya! I only wish there were something better than "fitness centers" near me -- though I confess having cardio machines with TVs on them is pleasant.

Good luck with Dorian, though; I hear he's rather set in his ways.

sanga
11-29-08, 1:56 pm
Thanks mate, lol, I`m sure it will just be a small gathering and a photo session.

29/11 3B

Preacher Curls 20-30 got 23, keep weight same next time
Hammer curls 20-30 got 41, increase weight next time
Toe calf press 10-15 got 15, increase weight next time
Seated leg curl 20-30 got 30, increase weight next time
Front squats 15-20 got 20, increase weight next time
Front squat widowmaker 25-35 got 30, keep weight same next time

Diet today was very high GI index carbs all day, refeed, no low GI Index, very low fat and high protein, buzzing all day long, lol.

7.30am 3 scoops Torrent, 1/2 a box honey nut cornflakes
9.30am 1 scoop Iso whey, 15 egg whites 2 tbsns choc nesquik, 1 new york bagle with nutela
10.30am train, sipped drink with 2 scoops Torrent, Taurine, Electrolytes, 1 scoop Storm
12pm PWO 2 scoops Iso Whey with 2 scoops Torrent
1pm 2 chicken breasts in 4 slices brown bread with low fat mayo, 2 large choc chip cookies
3pm 3 scoops Torrent, 1/2 a box honey nut cornflakes, 1 choc doughnut
5pm 1 scoop Iso whey, 15 egg whites 2 tbsns choc nesquik, 1 litre low fat ice cream
7pm will be 15 egg whites with nesquik, 1 mars bar
9pm will be 2 scoops Iso whey in water

Not a lot in the way of solid protein but a lot of protein and high GI Glycemic carbs non the less,next time I will be going for mostly solid protein with the high GI Index carbs see if there is any diference.

Themostocles
11-29-08, 4:10 pm
I just got bloated reading that diet lol. 4 increases the next time around, nice! -T.

sanga
11-30-08, 4:19 pm
lol, thanks T, got a lot of work to do but the size and strength is increasing.

30/11 cardio

Cross trainer on low level for 30 minutes.

Diet today -

7.30am 4 whole eggs, 1 scoop Iso Whey, 2 tbsn peannut butter
9.00am cardio
10am 3 scoops Torrent
11am 6oz steak, spinnach, cashew nuts
1pm 6 whole eggs, 1 scoop Iso Whey
3pm 2 1/4lb with cheese, 1 apple pie, 1 mc flurry
6pm 6oz steak, spinnach, cashew nuts
9pm 2 sccops Iso Whey, 2 tbsn peanut butter

sanga
12-01-08, 3:22 pm
1/12 1A

Inc smith press LT x 23 TT added 2 1/2 e/s x 23 add weight next time
Front smith press LT x 30 TT added 2 1/2 e/s x 31 add weight next time
Skull crushers LT x 20 TT x 30 add weight next time
Wide pulldowns LT x 18 TT x 22 keep weight same next time
Bent rows LT x 23 added 2/12 e/s x 25, add weight next time

LT = Last Time
TT = This Time

All beaten again, getting harder already but progressing.

All streatches added 5-10 secs on also.

sanga
12-02-08, 12:52 pm
2/12 Cardio and abs

Cross trainer for 30 minutes on low level.

Crunches 2 x 20
Leg raise 2 x 15

Themostocles
12-03-08, 2:51 am
1/12 1A

Inc smith press LT x 23 TT added 2 1/2 e/s x 23 add weight next time
Front smith press LT x 30 TT added 2 1/2 e/s x 31 add weight next time
Skull crushers LT x 20 TT x 30 add weight next time
Wide pulldowns LT x 18 TT x 22 keep weight same next time
Bent rows LT x 23 added 2/12 e/s x 25, add weight next time

LT = Last Time
TT = This Time

All beaten again, getting harder already but progressing.

All streatches added 5-10 secs on also.

Lots of progress Sanga, glad that DC is working for you so well. -T.

sanga
12-03-08, 2:36 pm
Thanks T, I love it but hate it at the moment but I`m sure thats normal, lol.

3/12 1B

Barbell curl LT x 30 added 5kg TT x 24
Reverse curl LT x 30 added 5kg TT 19, just short by 1 rep
Stranding calf raise LT X 11 same weight TT x 12
Lying leg curl LT X 23 same weight TT x 25
Squat LT x 22 added 5kg TT x 24
Squat widowmaker LT X 25 same weight TT x 27

Some good increases again, very hard workout especially the squats, getting better.

Themostocles
12-03-08, 11:36 pm
Thanks T, I love it but hate it at the moment but I`m sure thats normal, lol..

It is for me. THis is the first time I've stuck to a routine like this. It is killing me lol, I am so used to doing whatever. Now the most choice I have is flat flyes or incline flyes. But I am getting the results I want. -T.

sanga
12-04-08, 3:46 pm
4/12 Cardio and abs

Treadmill for 30 mins on 5.0k

Hanging leg raises 3 x 20

sanga
12-05-08, 4:25 pm
5/12 cardio

Treadmill on 20 deg for 15 minutes to hit calfs.

sanga
12-06-08, 11:12 am
6/12 2A

Hammer incline press LT X 31 TT 5kg added x 23 increase weight next time
Machine shoulder press LT X 27 TT 7kg added x 28 increase weight next time
C.G. Press LT X 20 same weight TT x 22 keep weight same next time
C.G. pulldown LT X 20 same weight TT x 25 increase weight next time
Deadlift LT X 12 5kg added TT x 12 increase weight next time
2nd set Deadlift LT X 8 5kg added TT x 8 increase weight next time

Beat every one of these in the log book, all weight increases except C.G. Press which was a 2 rep increase, understandable due to the triceps getting a thorugh workout with all the pressing on the previous 2 exercises, great workout, everything going up including my size.

Themostocles
12-06-08, 4:41 pm
Awesome job Sanga, great work! -T.

sanga
12-07-08, 4:08 pm
Thanks T, I apprieciate the encouragement.

7/12 Cardio and abs

Calf Treadmill, 15 mins on 20 degree incline

Weighted crunches 1 x failure

sanga
12-08-08, 3:10 pm
8/12 Cardio

Too sore to train tonight so gave it an extra days rest, did cardio for 30 minutes on treadmill on 5.0.

sanga
12-09-08, 3:13 pm
9/12

My throat is so sore today, no training, got to listen to my body, training all out will only make it worse.

All meals going down the hatch though, on time everytime.

sanga
12-10-08, 4:48 pm
10/12 No training as throat is so sore and I have a cold.

Elite
12-10-08, 6:24 pm
Your banged up with a cold too? Bad huh. I tend to get runny blocked nose and sneezing for a couple days but i never let it develop further. Had it past 2 days, but trained yesterday & today with an hours cardio after each. I found just drinking loads, taking 1g vitC every few hours, having extra hot sauce with my meals and squeezing some Optrivine up my nostrils does the job. Tho i admit, when it gets to your throat & beyond, its a wise move recuperating.

Hope your still beating the logbook & lovin the DC.

sanga
12-11-08, 7:03 am
Cheers Paul

I`ll see how I feel tonight and miybe train or do cardio, throat is so so sore and with the DC to failure I don`t want to end up in bed ill and I don`t want to do a half arsed workout so see how I feel.

Golds Gym opens Sunday, I have already spoken to them as its memebers only but I can hold an ABC there where as a one off people can pay a day rate and we can do what we like ABC wise, I`ll arrange it for sometime in the new year, 4 restaurants nearby also.

Themostocles
12-11-08, 7:06 am
Feel better Sanga. -T.

Elite
12-11-08, 7:16 am
Golds Gym opens Sunday, I have already spoken to them as its memebers only but I can hold an ABC there where as a one off people can pay a day rate and we can do what we like ABC wise, I`ll arrange it for sometime in the new year, 4 restaurants nearby also.

Cool, will be like a Stateside ABC in Golds, unless there brand sells us short over here. Never been in a Golds, should be fun. We looking at pre or post Arnold Weekend???

sanga
12-11-08, 7:23 am
Hmmm probably post, be good then as we will still be reeling from The Cage.

Thanks T

Elite
12-11-08, 7:24 am
Hmmm probably post, be good then as we will still be reeling from The Cage.

Thanks T

And be sporting our new 'Cage Gear!'.

sanga
12-11-08, 8:05 am
Exactly!

sanga
12-11-08, 3:18 pm
11/12 Cardio

Calf cardio on treadmill for 15 minutes.

sanga
12-13-08, 10:10 am
13/12 2B

Ok was the first day I have felt right to train, still a bit blocked up but trained, I dropped the widowmaker on the hacks as I don`t want to push it too hard afetr being ill.

Saeted d/b curls LT X 23 TT X 23 no increase, diferent d/bs so will try again next time
Wrist curls LT X 41 increased weight 5kg TT X 31
Seated calf raise LT X 15, added 1 plate TT X 12
SLDL LT X 20 same weight TT X 30
Hack squats LT X 21, added 5kg TT X 22

Good increases except D/B curls, trained a t a diferent gym last time I did them so that might be the case that d/b not same weight,try again next time if no increase drop exercise.

sanga
12-13-08, 12:16 pm
Tomorrow (Sunday 14th Dec) is the grand opening of Golds Gym in Camberley.

Dorian Yates will be opening the doors and welcoming everyone and signing photos etc so should be a good afternoon and its a chance to see the gym now its all complete.

sanga
12-15-08, 4:24 pm
15/12 3A

Decline smith press LT X 31 TT added 5kg x 25
Rack shouldr press LT X 20 TT added 2kg x 22
Weighted Dips LT X 19 same weight TT X 17 Failed, will try again next time
Rack Chins LT X 15 bodyweight TT x 16
T.Bar Rows LT X 20 added 5kg TT x 17

Not enough rest taken before doing dips I think so didn`t beat logbook, try again next time, if I don`t beat 19 reps then drop exercise.

Weighed myself tonight, first time in a month, up exactly 15lb

sanga
12-17-08, 3:51 pm
Larry and Me

Although my relationship with Larry has been short, it will be an ongoing relationship for as long as I lift.

In the short time I have been aquainted with Larry I have grown to hate him more and more as time goes on, to the point that some days I can`t bare to look at him but I know I have to.

Larry is always there challenging me, daring me, pushing me, spuring me on but laughing at me, putting me down and humiliating me at the same time,.

Now Larry can be very informative, helpful and gets me excited as I`ve beaten the shit out of him but other times he is just there making me feel contempt for him, anxious and on edge.

Larry can be my best friend at times and my worst enemy.

I can`t let Larry win.

Who is Larry?

Larry is my Logbook and I hate the bastard.

sanga
12-17-08, 3:51 pm
17/12 3B

Preacher curls LT X 23 same weight TT x 31
Hammer curls LT X 41 added 2.5kg TT x 24
Toe press LT X 15 added 10kg TT x 11
Seated leg curls LT X 30 added 10kg TT x 32
Front squats LT X 20 added 5kg TT x 24
Front squat widowmaker LT X 30 added 10kg TT x 25

Excellent workout and handed Larry his arse, the bastard. lol

Elite
12-17-08, 4:08 pm
Had to Lol about Larry.....the bastard. Was getting slightly worried until it all became clear. Strong sessions bro, me & Larry gonna get our asses whipped at the ABC.

Firedrake
12-17-08, 4:30 pm
17/12 3B

Preacher curls LT X 23 same weight TT x 31
Hammer curls LT X 41 added 2.5kg TT x 24
Toe press LT X 15 added 10kg TT x 11
Seated leg curls LT X 30 added 10kg TT x 32
Front squats LT X 20 added 5kg TT x 24
Front squat widowmaker LT X 30 added 10kg TT x 25

Excellent workout and handed Larry his arse, the bastard. lol

For the aging and easily confused: what's "LT" and "TT"?

Themostocles
12-18-08, 12:04 am
For the aging and easily confused: what's "LT" and "TT"?

last time and this time. -T.

Themostocles
12-18-08, 12:05 am
LMAO about Larry. Haven't names my log book, but my computer has a name(and its not a nice one lol). -T.

sanga
12-18-08, 3:09 am
Had to Lol about Larry.....the bastard. Was getting slightly worried until it all became clear. Strong sessions bro, me & Larry gonna get our asses whipped at the ABC. lol

sanga
12-18-08, 3:13 am
Yep LT = Last Time, TT = This Time.

sanga
12-18-08, 2:12 pm
18/12 Cardio and abs

Treadmill on 5.0 for 30 mins

Weighted hanging leg raise 1 x failure

sanga
12-19-08, 12:34 pm
19/12 1A

Inc smith press LT X 23, added 5kg, TT x 15
Shoulder smith press LT X 31, added 5kg, TT x 15
Skull crushers LT X 30, added 5kg, TT x 31
Wide grip pulls LT X 22, added 5kg,TT x 16
Bent Rows LT X 25, added 5kg,TT x 18

Excellent workout, first one at new Golds Gym.

sanga
12-20-08, 7:16 am
20/12 Abs and Cardio

Calf Cardio on Treadmill on 20 degrees for 15 minutes.

sanga
12-23-08, 2:41 pm
21/12 Cardio

Cross trainer for 30 minutes on low level.

sanga
12-23-08, 2:42 pm
22/12 1B

Barbell Curl LT X 24, weight the same, TT x 36
Reverse Curl LT X 19, weight the same, TT x 25
Standing Calf Raise LT X 19, weight the same, TT x 25
Lying Leg Curl LT X 25, added 5kg, TT x 25
Squat LT X 24 added 5kg, TT x 20
widowmaker LT X 27, same weight, TT x 30

Killer workout especially the squats, beat Larry again on all lifts.

Firedrake
12-23-08, 7:46 pm
Congrats on driving Larry into the ground -- especially on leg day -- that's special!

sanga
12-24-08, 2:12 pm
Thanks mate, kicked his arse again today too, lol

24/12 2A

Hammer chest press LT X 23, added 5kg, TT x 32
Machine military press (new machine so LT doesn`t count) TT x 25
C.G. press on smith LT X 22, added 5kg, TT x 21
C.G. Pulldowns LT X 25, added 5kg, TT x 16
Deadlift LT X 12, added 5kg, TT x 12
Deadlift LT X 8, added 5kg, TT x 9

Very happy with the way things are going, beating the log book, getting stonger and stronger.

sanga
12-28-08, 6:38 am
27/12 2B

Temple Gym visit.

Seat d/b curl LT X 23, same weight, TT x 25
Wrist curl LT X 31, added 5kg, TT x 23
Seat calf raise LT X 12, added 5kg, TT x 10
SLDL LT X 30, added 10kg, TT x 20
Hack squats LT X 22, added 5kg, TT x 25
Widowmaker LT X 29,added 5kg, TT x 26

Kicked Larrys arse again.

sanga
12-28-08, 6:41 am
28/12 Cardio and abs

20 minutes on cross trainer on low level.

Crunches 2 x failure

sanga
12-30-08, 7:16 am
29/12 3A

Decline Smith Press LT X 25, added 4kg, TT x 31
Rack Shoulder Press LT X 22, added 4kg, TT x 13 ( 2 reps short of range, keep this weight)
Weighted Dips LT X 17, same weight, TT x 23
Rack Chins LT X 16, TT x 17
T.Bar Rows LT X 17, same weight, TT x 22

sanga
12-30-08, 3:45 pm
Thanks Conway.

30/12 abs and cardio

Treadmill on 5.0 for 30 minutes

Crunches 1 x failure on ab machine

Firedrake
12-30-08, 4:09 pm
Ni-i-i-ice progression! As the numbers get bigger, so do you! Ain't that a wonder? <grin>

sanga
12-31-08, 1:57 pm
Lol, too true mate, too true.

31/12 3B last session of the year and another arse kicking for the log book.

Preacher curl LT X 31, added 5kg, TT x 30
Hammer curls LT X 24, added 2kg, TT x 27
Toe press LT X 11, same weight, TT x 13
Seated leg curl LT X 32, added 5kg, TT x 47
Front squat LT X 24, added 5kg, TT x 21
Widowmaker LT X 25, same weight, TT x 28

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for all the support I have recieved.

Heres to making 2009 bigger and better.

sanga
01-02-09, 3:36 pm
2/01/09 1A

Inc smith press LT X 15, same weight, TT X 27
Smith shoulder press LT X 15, same weight, TT X 20
Skull crushers LT X 31, added 5kg, TT X 21
Wide pulldowns LT X 16, same weight, TT X 12 (failed to beat target rep range)
Bent rows LT X 18,same weight, TT X 20

Beat every weight on log book apart from pulldowns for some reason,not sure why as I beat the previous on next exercise (bent rows), will see what I get next time I do wide pulldowns.

DanTheMan
01-03-09, 1:32 pm
great stuff my man. keep up the heavy liftin

sanga
01-04-09, 2:50 pm
Thanks mate.

4/01/09 1B

Barbell curl LT X 36, added 5kg, TT X28
Reverse curl LT X 25, added 5kg, TT X 18
Stand calf raise LT X 12, added 15lb, TT X 12
Kneeling 1 leg curl LT X 25, same weight, TT X 27
Squat LT X 20, added 5kg, TT X 17
Widowmaker LT X 30, added 5kg, TT X 25

Whipped Larrys arse again.

Elite
01-04-09, 3:01 pm
How you liking Golds? Is it a big step up from your last gym, more variation?

sanga
01-04-09, 3:06 pm
Lol, its like going from a cold dark damp bedsit to a luxury mansion!!

Its great there mate, my old gym was much smaller with some broken equipment which they couldn`t afford to replace but the atmosphere in the old gym was better as I knew everyone but at least I can train without interuptions at Golds.

Elite
01-04-09, 3:10 pm
American standard Golds, or much smaller?
I'd happily wife swap my atmospheric, but highly cramped gym for your nice peacefull Golds any weekend.

sanga
01-04-09, 3:13 pm
Much smaller but its around 7-8 times larger than my old gym.

sanga
01-05-09, 4:50 pm
5/01 Abs and cardio

Treadmill on 5.5 for 30 minutes

sanga
01-06-09, 4:13 pm
6/01 2A

Inc hammer press LT X 43, added 10kg, TT X 33
M/c Military press LT X 25, added 5kg, TT X 21
C.G. Press LT X 21, same weight, TT X 19 (Larry beat me)
C.G. pulldowns LT X 16, same weight, TT X 17
Deadlift LT X 12, added 5kg, TT X 11 and Heavier set LT X 7,added 5kg, TT X 7

sanga
01-08-09, 4:46 pm
8/10 2B

Seated d/b curl LT X 24, same weight, TT X 27
Wrist curl LT X 23, same weight, TT X 33
Hack calf raise NEW EXERCISE TT X 10
SLDL LT X 20, same weight, TT X 22
Hack squat LT X 25, added 5kg, TT X 26
Widowmaker LT X 26, same weight, TT X 31

Excellent workout and kicked Larrys arse big time.

Gym has no seated calf machine so switched it for hack calf raise.

Firedrake
01-08-09, 9:25 pm
Great looking work! What're your goals for the year.

sanga
01-09-09, 3:07 am
Thanks mate,

Goals? I want to add as much size back on as possible but without too much fat, I`ve been a lot heavier previously but had a lot of bodyfat.

I`ll keep plugging away adding weight and keep the cardio going to keep fat gain to a minimum.