PDA

View Full Version : upper chest

Dice
09-20-08, 8:31 pm
I've been out of the game for a while at the police academy but now that I've got some free time at night to start lifting again I'm having trouble getting my upper chest to build, I've been focusing mostly on incline bench and fly's but it's not building the mass that I'm looking for, does anyone have any other ideas to get the mass back in the top half of my pecs???

Sho
09-22-08, 2:06 pm
More food, recoup time.

js71474
09-22-08, 2:11 pm
What's your routine look like bro, and how about the diet? Could be any number of things but this info would help.

AFTazz06
09-22-08, 2:12 pm
Try inclines on a smith machine, higher than 45 degrees, to really hit that pec-delt tie in area. Bring the bar down to your chin, no lower cause then you'll hit delts. Ive done this for a while and its brought up my upper chest alot and on the smith machine you can go heavy with worrying about the bar smashing you face if you workout alone like i do.

Big Wides
09-22-08, 2:13 pm
Time, food, and patience....it will come back just keep pounding it hard.

Brutus_515
09-22-08, 2:16 pm
make sure you are pushing with your chest and not your delts...elbows out....shoulders rolled back and squeeze the shit out of them..and control it on the way down...other than that brother is all about eatting more and letting the muslce rest so it can grow

Gunz1
09-22-08, 2:22 pm
to bring up my upper chest all i did was incline movements... incline bench, db inclines... and smith machine incline... one of my favorite exercises for the upper chest is the hammerstrength incline press... you get a great squeeze at the top from that bad boy, its helped me a ton in my upper chest development

TortFeasor
09-22-08, 2:30 pm
I had the same problem, and I second what Gunz said on Hammer Strength Incline. I tossed in 4 sets along with the usual chest workout and my upper chest responded very well.

theharjmann
09-22-08, 6:10 pm
different exerices is all good, but for the upper chest, you are limited to some extent to Barbell, Dumbell, Smith, Hammer.

Different rep ranges...people say 6-8 reps for mass....BULLSHIT (to some extent!)....yeah that rep range will build size, but eventually ur body will get used to it...change it up...throw in supersets, dropsets, rest pause, the fuckin lot. Just have fun on chest day. Try different things....

One thing that helped me was ont he smith machine, do presses, but explosive ones, like press so hard that the bar leaves your hands and goes up....little things like that will spark growth.

Good Luck

Peace

Wilkesballa04
01-11-11, 6:37 pm
More food, recoup time.

I never had any upper chest until i started eating 8 meals a day.. u have to feed it 2 grow.

Carrnage
01-11-11, 7:12 pm
really comes down to time, heavy controlled compound movements, try a low incline press, that will hit the upper chest and middle chest very precise!

oh and could be genetic, for example franco columbo never really focused on incline too much, he would do 1 exercise for it and thats it,, and he has the best upper chest of all time

so time, hard training, rest and more rest with proper nutrition, oh and low volume! typically people have lagging bodyparts due to overtraining the shit out of it in result a poor bodypart, how ironic huh? lol

Machine
01-12-11, 9:33 pm
Try inclines on a smith machine, higher than 45 degrees, to really hit that pec-delt tie in area. Bring the bar down to your chin, no lower cause then you'll hit delts. Ive done this for a while and its brought up my upper chest alot and on the smith machine you can go heavy with worrying about the bar smashing you face if you workout alone like i do.

One of the best pieces of advice I have read on this forum and something I have been teaching to many bodybuilders for a long time now.

MACHINE

MELTDOWN
01-12-11, 10:42 pm
the gang have all touched on good points...ya got to eat, you got to sleep, you got to train. G has an awesome article that helped me with upper chest growth....

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=230&section=training

Carry On !!!

greek91
01-14-11, 10:13 pm
if youre looking for a different exercise you could try reverse grip bench press (palms facing you). Felt awkward at first but I put it into my routine a few months ago and it definitely made a difference

zubda345
01-14-11, 11:54 pm
For me, Incline Press with the bar commin down to ur chin.