PDA

View Full Version : The true BS thread...

LittleMan55
10-03-08, 5:24 pm
Whats happening Animals,

Fist off no this isn't another off topic or odd ball thread... My initials happen to be BS (Broc Skeen for those who give 2 s#$%s) So get notion that this thread will be nothing but nonsense out of your head...

Like everyone else out there I got a stroy to tell. It's going to be bumpy at times, and a lot of fun at times, but I will tell it none the less. I have been on here long enough and most have followed my Journeys close enough to know my mind set in the gym. Now sit back and find out more about me. You guys will get to see some of the things that have shaped me into who I am, as well as how I think (on thing both in and out of the gym), what makes me tick, and stuff like that. There will be some off topic and humorous stuff, because lifes to short to not have fun.

So lets see where this takes us...

LittleMan55
10-03-08, 5:30 pm
this is from my current journey and was posted over the summer, but I figured it would be a great way to preview what is on tap in here... It's my take on well you'll catch on.

Bulking is just as serious a task as cutting... If not more so. Rationale for that... Story time.

Lets say you are building a house... Better yet a huge as Fort/Castle by hand (becuase that sounds more Animal like)! Well you got to lay the foundation deep (the first few critcal months), then you got to start building up some heavy ass walls (once the grind is on, following the quick gains all get in the begining... Where the weak are weeded out!), on and on this process goes. The whole time you have to make things big, thick and dense so as to be inpenetrable, indominable, indestructable. So you use qualit stone (its thick and hard) (this is the food we take in daily), dense mortor (quality Animal Supps and lots of rest), and reinforce it with top grade steele (pounding the iron mercilessly as we do daily). Once again this goes on and on. Keep in mind you are building this whole Fort/Castle by hand, sweat, blood and tears. Painstakingly you labor, no matter the odds, no matter the costs. This too goes on and on... Then one day, you have the biggest, best, most bad ass Fort/Castle in the land! So you got your Fort/Castle, but no one will come to it because it is HUGE , intemidating , and.... (this is for all the looks you will get when you bulk to the unhumanly freaky state that we all want to get to) But, in all reality the premises is amazing, imaculate, and beautiful despite how most precieve it. So to fix this you throw on a few decorations (imagine 16 or so weeks of a cut) and suddenly everybody in the Land loves the Fort/ Castle and life is good!

What the hell did that mean... The cleaner you bulk, and the longer you do it. The easier it is to cut away the nasty!

shizz702
10-03-08, 5:32 pm
Right on Broc, glad to see you start up this thread. Lol the title had me wondering for a second. You know I'll be along for the ride, and feel free to drop by my Iron Diary thread anytime!

LittleMan55
10-03-08, 5:35 pm
Right on Broc, glad to see you start up this thread. Lol the title had me wondering for a second. You know I'll be along for the ride, and feel free to drop by my Iron Diary thread anytime!

I figured the title would throw people at first... I will def stop by your thread.

shizz702
10-03-08, 5:36 pm
this is from my current journey and was posted over the summer, but I figured it would be a great way to preview what is on tap in here... It's my take on well you'll catch on.

Bulking is just as serious a task as cutting... If not more so. Rationale for that... Story time.

Lets say you are building a house... Better yet a huge as Fort/Castle by hand (becuase that sounds more Animal like)! Well you got to lay the foundation deep (the first few critcal months), then you got to start building up some heavy ass walls (once the grind is on, following the quick gains all get in the begining... Where the weak are weeded out!), on and on this process goes. The whole time you have to make things big, thick and dense so as to be inpenetrable, indominable, indestructable. So you use qualit stone (its thick and hard) (this is the food we take in daily), dense mortor (quality Animal Supps and lots of rest), and reinforce it with top grade steele (pounding the iron mercilessly as we do daily). Once again this goes on and on. Keep in mind you are building this whole Fort/Castle by hand, sweat, blood and tears. Painstakingly you labor, no matter the odds, no matter the costs. This too goes on and on... Then one day, you have the biggest, best, most bad ass Fort/Castle in the land! So you got your Fort/Castle, but no one will come to it because it is HUGE , intemidating , and.... (this is for all the looks you will get when you bulk to the unhumanly freaky state that we all want to get to) But, in all reality the premises is amazing, imaculate, and beautiful despite how most precieve it. So to fix this you throw on a few decorations (imagine 16 or so weeks of a cut) and suddenly everybody in the Land loves the Fort/ Castle and life is good!

What the hell did that mean... The cleaner you bulk, and the longer you do it. The easier it is to cut away the nasty!

Ok just missed this post when I posted my previous response.

Good way to put it bro, it's almost like building a castle as you mentioned, full of laborious pain. But of course when you have your mind made up and see the big picture, it is totally worth it in the long run. Cause like you said, then you get to have the baddest castle in the land lol! Good post brotha, keep em coming!

B Con
10-03-08, 5:42 pm
Why the fuck did you censor yourself? Oh wait I am the Ron Artest of the bunch hahaha flagerant foul!

You know my ass is in there like swim wear...

LittleMan55
10-03-08, 5:43 pm
Why the fuck did you censor yourself? Oh wait I am the Ron Artest of the bunch hahaha flagerant foul!

You know my ass is in there like swim wear...

Been trying to cut back on the typed out cussing... Found myself typing fuck throughout random papers when trying to emphasize my points... lol

Flagerant fouls FTW!

LittleMan55
10-03-08, 5:59 pm
I know it's in Enforcer's sig, but really for many of us TOO BIG does not exist. Well it's the same in my world too. I battle daily with the weights, fork and knife, and shaker cups to get even the slightest bit bigger. Only to get questioned a lot about why are you doing this? Why: I want to!!! But, the straw that broke the camels back came last night. I went to get a steak at the only place to get one here in my little slice of hell. This place also happens to be a bar. I'm sure what is about to follow is typical for most of you on here, but I order my steak and I'm sitting at the table with all the others there from school who are getting their hammered face on. They are like you aren't drinking? A: NOPE (I have a drink from time to time, but not like it used to be... story for another day) So out comes my water, followed about 5 minutes later by steak. Then more ?'s (I mean what the hell people I just want to eat leave me alone) They were you are eating at 10? Why Steak so late? The have no clue... I answer as best I can with Why are you drinking at 10? and why not Steak it's delicious!

Anyway, things get better. I eat my food and I'm just hanging out having a good time, then this one chick comes up to me and starts talking. She goes to the gym some to do cardio and thats it. Well she starts in with I alwasy see you in the gym, and I dont know why you go... WHOA, WHOA what did she ask? I responded with I need to get bigger. Which apparently was the wrong answer for her... She fires back you dont need to get bigger you are already too big! My water almost fell out of my hand, and not it's not considered a compliment as I am far from big... I told her thanks politely and then explained that she was wrong and I am only starting to get big! She was like girls won't like it. Told her I'm doing it for me not them anyway... She seemed confused with this, so that was about the end of me talking to her for the evening.

I mean where to people get off with this? Am I not still in America? Last time I checked I was which pretty much means I have a lot of unalienable rights, and so long as I'm not breaking the law I can do my thing. Weight banging and food eating aint breaking the law so it is safe to say I have the choice to be big or not... I'm just choosing to exercise that option! People make millions of choices a day, and just because mine isnt status quo does not mean it is wrong! So go ahead brothers and sisters get as huge as you want, they will never understand... They dont want to understand...

jordo
10-03-08, 6:32 pm
I know it's in Enforcer's sig, but really for many of us TOO BIG does not exist. Well it's the same in my world too. I battle daily with the weights, fork and knife, and shaker cups to get even the slightest bit bigger. Only to get questioned a lot about why are you doing this? Why: I want to!!! But, the straw that broke the camels back came last night. I went to get a steak at the only place to get one here in my little slice of hell. This place also happens to be a bar. I'm sure what is about to follow is typical for most of you on here, but I order my steak and I'm sitting at the table with all the others there from school who are getting their hammered face on. They are like you aren't drinking? A: NOPE (I have a drink from time to time, but not like it used to be... story for another day) So out comes my water, followed about 5 minutes later by steak. Then more ?'s (I mean what the hell people I just want to eat leave me alone) They were you are eating at 10? Why Steak so late? The have no clue... I answer as best I can with Why are you drinking at 10? and why not Steak it's delicious!

Anyway, things get better. I eat my food and I'm just hanging out having a good time, then this one chick comes up to me and starts talking. She goes to the gym some to do cardio and thats it. Well she starts in with I alwasy see you in the gym, and I dont know why you go... WHOA, WHOA what did she ask? I responded with I need to get bigger. Which apparently was the wrong answer for her... She fires back you dont need to get bigger you are already too big! My water almost fell out of my hand, and not it's not considered a compliment as I am far from big... I told her thanks politely and then explained that she was wrong and I am only starting to get big! She was like girls won't like it. Told her I'm doing it for me not them anyway... She seemed confused with this, so that was about the end of me talking to her for the evening.

I mean where to people get off with this? Am I not still in America? Last time I checked I was which pretty much means I have a lot of unalienable rights, and so long as I'm not breaking the law I can do my thing. Weight banging and food eating aint breaking the law so it is safe to say I have the choice to be big or not... I'm just choosing to exercise that option! People make millions of choices a day, and just because mine isnt status quo does not mean it is wrong! So go ahead brothers and sisters get as huge as you want, they will never understand... They dont want to understand...

Good story man, when I show people the animal videos the most common response I get, "thats to big, and why do you want to get that big?"

I understand the want/urge to be/get that big. I have just started my journey, but I feel the urge to becoming an animal.

Phil800101
10-03-08, 7:35 pm
Damn straight Broc.

I feel ya bro, been there drinking the water or diet coke or whatever and having to explain to people why I'm not getting my drink on too many damn times to count.

That is some serious bullshit on her part. People are so narrow-minded that it almost amazes me sometimes. It kills me how if something is not mainstream, so many people see it as inherently wrong. Fucking mindless sheep if you ask me. Thinking, doing, saying, and liking what they are told to. Not to mention the fact that they are usually all to willing to question others, yet often unwilling to question themselves. I don't know why people can't just mind their own fucking business and respect a person's right to do what they want to do. You're right bro, they will never understand.

firsthorseman97
10-03-08, 7:36 pm
I'm in for this one. A couple great posts so far, Broc. Keep em coming.

LittleMan55
10-03-08, 11:53 pm
Good story man, when I show people the animal videos the most common response I get, "thats to big, and why do you want to get that big?"

I understand the want/urge to be/get that big. I have just started my journey, but I feel the urge to becoming an animal.

Hell yeah bro! I think Dr. Suess that say "those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Do your thing bro, the urge to become is what is making us all ANIMALS!!! Most importantly welcome to the FORVM.

Damn straight Broc.

I feel ya bro, been there drinking the water or diet coke or whatever and having to explain to people why I'm not getting my drink on too many damn times to count.

That is some serious bullshit on her part. People are so narrow-minded that it almost amazes me sometimes. It kills me how if something is not mainstream, so many people see it as inherently wrong. Fucking mindless sheep if you ask me. Thinking, doing, saying, and liking what they are told to. Not to mention the fact that they are usually all to willing to question others, yet often unwilling to question themselves. I don't know why people can't just mind their own fucking business and respect a person's right to do what they want to do. You're right bro, they will never understand.

Phil bro you are dead on the money with the mindless sheep. They are practically blinded by it's obviousness, but let them be that way. It all just goes to what I'm saying... It is sad though. I'm not saying all should bang the iron, but come on people find something to stand for... And then actaully stand for it! Not just something that someone tells you to stand for either. I'm talking something in which there is passion and pride. The kind of thing that would make you kick your little brothers ass for crossing it and not think twice about it. Then again you understand, so I could just quit harping!

I'm in for this one. A couple great posts so far, Broc. Keep em coming.

Thanks Ryan... Much more to come!

Psycho77
10-04-08, 12:21 am
Great posts Broc. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 10:24 am
Great posts Broc. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

Thanks for stopping by bro. Should be a good time in here. Feel free to stop by my journey too, the link is the making a mountain part of my sig.

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 1:17 pm
Let's get serious people, we all have some interesting pasts that have largely shaped who we are. Some had the "traditional" family, some had the dysfunctional family, some unfortunate few might not know who their family are, some were raised by single parents, and some may have had to take the early role of parenting a faimly after the death of one or both parents. Either way, no one set of circumstances are ever the same so whatever you do don't come at people with the hey I have been there I know what it's like. Because in actuality your situation may be close, but it is never the same as ones unique individual experiences. The one thing that we all share with any situation like this is it is where most of our morals, values, and thoughts derive. It has shaped us for a lifetime, good or bad. We had no choice in the matter and in most of the time we are better off because of that.

Here is my example of what I'm saying. I was raised by a single mother and my grandmother. My mother had me when she was in High School, in the '80's. Sad to say a lot of her friends during this time were pregnant too, but chose an alternate route than my mother. Well Ma (a cheerleader and honor student when she got knocked up) decided she would face the music and live with the decisions she made, and well thank god she did or I would only be an after thought. Anyway that is not the important part, what is is that she had fortitude to do what she felt was right. So from the get go I had that instilled in me whether I knew it or not (believe me I didn't at that point). She drug my new born ass to college with her and got her degree, while working! She did everything necessary to make sure I was taken care of. It was like that when we were living at my grandmother's house too while I was in Elementry school. Both of them worked their asses off to make sure the bills were covered, that food was on the table, and every now and then that I got something extra. I am in no way saying I had it bad, because no matter what there are always those worse off than I am. But, I watched and payed close attention to the effort these two ladies put in. Bare in mind at this point it was second hand nature for my grandmother who had raised a family of 3, following the passing of my mother when she was age 6. So toughness of sorts ran throughout, and was kind of a template for how I should be throughout my life. I learned early that there is no situation that can't be worked through, that things often aren't as bad as they appear, and no matter what keep going and don't look back.

So yeah, call me a momma's boy... Know what I would tell you I'm proud that I am, because that woman showed me what the hell it means to stand up for something and how to make something out of myself. She often told me that anything is accomplishable if you set your mind to it. Well guess what that shit is right... Everything I have ever set my mind to do I have accomplished. There is nothing in life that a little hard and some thought can't handle. And you can damn well count on it that I will/am working my ass off to do what I feel is right, despite the feelings that sometimes I have accomplished nothing. One day my friends, one day... When it is all said and done, all I want people to be able to say is that guy gave everything he had.

Psycho77
10-04-08, 1:55 pm
good writing Broc.

scals
10-04-08, 2:18 pm
There is nothing in life that a little hard and some thought can't handle.

You ain't lyin. Shit happens that we can't change, but it's how we adapt that makes us who we are. Great post Broc. Looking forward to the ones to come.

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 3:27 pm
You ain't lyin. Shit happens that we can't change, but it's how we adapt that makes us who we are. Great post Broc. Looking forward to the ones to come.

Thanks Steve...

the word work is supposed to follow hard... For everyone else who may read this.

Carpe Diem P.T
10-04-08, 6:07 pm
I learned early that there is no situation that can't be worked through, that things often aren't as bad as they appear, and no matter what keep going and don't look back.

That hits home for me. So many times i have faced very dark situations where i thought i could not possibly go further. that this was it for me. not by my own doing, just by unfortunate circumstances. but then the dice slowly started to roll in my favour due to my positive attitude and within an instance, the sun is shining again and the future is bright.

good things happen to good people.

good posts broc. very down to earth. its great that you respect your mother so much. My dad got killed when i was a kid so i was in the same boat as you. having such a closs bond really gives you a deep insight in to the female mind i believe. you tend to be that little more sensitive. Not necessarily weaker, just more compassionate. the quality of a good leader.

its good you question your accomplishments. we need to look down on ourselves sometimes in order to expect more, otherwise we tend to get ignorant and accept less as the norm.

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 6:14 pm
That hits home for me. So many times i have faced very dark situations where i thought i could not possibly go further. that this was it for me. not by my own doing, just by unfortunate circumstances. but then the dice slowly started to roll in my favour due to my positive attitude and within an instance, the sun is shining again and the future is bright.

good things happen to good people.

good posts broc. very down to earth. its great that you respect your mother so much. My dad got killed when i was a kid so i was in the same boat as you. having such a closs bond really gives you a deep insight in to the female mind i believe. you tend to be that little more sensitive. Not necessarily weaker, just more compassionate. the quality of a good leader.

its good you question your accomplishments. we need to look down on ourselves sometimes in order to expect more, otherwise we tend to get ignorant and accept less as the norm.

Thanks Brad!

The story of my father is for another day... Loved and respected him. I wish her were still here today to see what I have/ am becoming. But, like I said I will go into that at some point in here. I am sorry to hear your's was killed, such a tragic way to go.

You got it with the compassion part. I have been stabbed in the back more times than I can count by people who are only around to take advantage. But, they will get what they deserve down the road. I will contintue being me and doing things my way, because it's all I know how to do!

I dont know how much of a leader I am... Guess I may find that one out at some point.

Carpe Diem P.T
10-04-08, 6:33 pm
Thanks Brad!

The story of my father is for another day... Loved and respected him. I wish her were still here today to see what I have/ am becoming. But, like I said I will go into that at some point in here. I am sorry to hear your's was killed, such a tragic way to go.

You got it with the compassion part. I have been stabbed in the back more times than I can count by people who are only around to take advantage. But, they will get what they deserve down the road. I will contintue being me and doing things my way, because it's all I know how to do!

I dont know how much of a leader I am... Guess I may find that one out at some point.

I too wish that my father could see the man i have become but now i have a 5 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl who need me to be the father I never had. This is where i get to show my strength as a leader. To recognise my childrens strength and weaknesses in order to help them grow.

Dont even get me started on people taking advantage of a kind personality. I get people that try to walk over me all the time just because i come across so easy going. Im sure you are the same as me though, you will only let them walk so far before it gets to a point where you need to let them know you will break their legs if they go over the line.

You are right about people getting their own back. bad things happen to bad people. their negative attitude and behaviour will eventually lead to their own undoing.

i spent so many years trying to impress girls, trying to be what i thought they wanted and it got me no where. one day i just gave up and thats when the proverbial penny dropped. until you love who you are, no one else will.

i reckon you are years ahead of me in that sense, you have your head on right and you will attract some good people in to your life. I can definitely see good things for you in the future.

Toni69
10-04-08, 6:38 pm
Likin where this is goin; you got my attention.

“A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.”

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 6:38 pm
I too wish that my father could see the man i have become but now i have a 5 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl who need me to be the father I never had. This is where i get to show my strength as a leader. To recognise my childrens strength and weaknesses in order to help them grow.

Dont even get me started on people taking advantage of a kind personality. I get people that try to walk over me all the time just because i come across so easy going. Im sure you are the same as me though, you will only let them walk so far before it gets to a point where you need to let them know you will break their legs if they go over the line.

You are right about people getting their own back. bad things happen to bad people. their negative attitude and behaviour will eventually lead to their own undoing.

i spent so many years trying to impress girls, trying to be what i thought they wanted and it got me no where. one day i just gave up and thats when the proverbial penny dropped. until you love who you are, no one else will.

i reckon you are years ahead of me in that sense, you have your head on right and you will attract some good people in to your life. I can definitely see good things for you in the future.

I think I realized that bout mid last year with the help of Burt (B Con on here)... Dude just didn't give a shit about trivial things. Well that works... Been doing it for a while and like you said, it seems that the right people have been coming along since then.

Fatherhood still scares the shit out of me... lol Plus I have some other business to tend to before I get to that point. Or at least I feel like I do.

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 6:46 pm
Likin where this is goin; you got my attention.

“A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.”

Thats a damn good quote and a pretty accurate one too...

Thanks for stopping in Toni... It's liable to be all over the place in here. Because unlike the gym (where I am sturctured and have plans) my mind tends to do sparadic things.

shizz702
10-04-08, 7:01 pm
Let's get serious people, we all have some interesting pasts that have largely shaped who we are. Some had the "traditional" family, some had the dysfunctional family, some unfortunate few might not know who their family are, some were raised by single parents, and some may have had to take the early role of parenting a faimly after the death of one or both parents. Either way, no one set of circumstances are ever the same so whatever you do don't come at people with the hey I have been there I know what it's like. Because in actuality your situation may be close, but it is never the same as ones unique individual experiences. The one thing that we all share with any situation like this is it is where most of our morals, values, and thoughts derive. It has shaped us for a lifetime, good or bad. We had no choice in the matter and in most of the time we are better off because of that.

Here is my example of what I'm saying. I was raised by a single mother and my grandmother. My mother had me when she was in High School, in the '80's. Sad to say a lot of her friends during this time were pregnant too, but chose an alternate route than my mother. Well Ma (a cheerleader and honor student when she got knocked up) decided she would face the music and live with the decisions she made, and well thank god she did or I would only be an after thought. Anyway that is not the important part, what is is that she had fortitude to do what she felt was right. So from the get go I had that instilled in me whether I knew it or not (believe me I didn't at that point). She drug my new born ass to college with her and got her degree, while working! She did everything necessary to make sure I was taken care of. It was like that when we were living at my grandmother's house too while I was in Elementry school. Both of them worked their asses off to make sure the bills were covered, that food was on the table, and every now and then that I got something extra. I am in no way saying I had it bad, because no matter what there are always those worse off than I am. But, I watched and payed close attention to the effort these two ladies put in. Bare in mind at this point it was second hand nature for my grandmother who had raised a family of 3, following the passing of my mother when she was age 6. So toughness of sorts ran throughout, and was kind of a template for how I should be throughout my life. I learned early that there is no situation that can't be worked through, that things often aren't as bad as they appear, and no matter what keep going and don't look back.

So yeah, call me a momma's boy... Know what I would tell you I'm proud that I am, because that woman showed me what the hell it means to stand up for something and how to make something out of myself. She often told me that anything is accomplishable if you set your mind to it. Well guess what that shit is right... Everything I have ever set my mind to do I have accomplished. There is nothing in life that a little hard and some thought can't handle. And you can damn well count on it that I will/am working my ass off to do what I feel is right, despite the feelings that sometimes I have accomplished nothing. One day my friends, one day... When it is all said and done, all I want people to be able to say is that guy gave everything he had.

Wow good post Broc!

Sounds like you got one hell of a Mom! Very commendable how she still went on to get an education and provided a good life for you, despite giving birth to you at such a young age. Says a lot of positive things about her character. With that in mind I'm glad to see that her hard work is paying off, and you are going to make something out of yourself, by becoming a lawyer, and of course living the Animal way of life as well!

You're right too, you can do whatever you want as long as you put forth the effort and set your mind to it. As long as one maintains a positive attitude, and is willing to put in some work, the sky is the limit!

LittleMan55
10-04-08, 7:04 pm
Wow good post Broc!

Sounds like you got one hell of a Mom! Very commendable how she still went on to get an education and provided a good life for you, despite giving birth to you at such a young age. Says a lot of positive things about her character. With that in mind I'm glad to see that her hard work is paying off, and you are going to make something out of yourself, by becoming a lawyer, and of course living the Animal way of life as well!

You're right too, you can do whatever you want as long as you put forth the effort and set your mind to it. As long as one maintains a positive attitude, and is willing to put in some work, the sky is the limit!

Yeah Sean there some of her hard working rubbed off on me, I guess. I still have miles to walk, just hoping my footstepps get bigger as I go (both in and out of the gym).

Only time will tell what we are truly capable of.

LittleMan55
10-05-08, 12:21 pm
Ok so here is something just for fun... These vids should be good for a laugh!

Talk about intensity... lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laiZgrIpbcA

Where did they find this guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqm8_YNmTNI

These videos definately help break up the monotony of the school work I have to do...

Brick By Brick
10-05-08, 1:17 pm
So yeah, call me a momma's boy... Know what I would tell you I'm proud that I am, because that woman showed me what the hell it means to stand up for something and how to make something out of myself. She often told me that anything is accomplishable if you set your mind to it. Well guess what that shit is right... Everything I have ever set my mind to do I have accomplished. There is nothing in life that a little hard and some thought can't handle.

Much respect to you for handling your business and being made of some strong stuff. BTW if that makes you a mama's boy, then I hope my son is a mama's boy, too, IMHO.

LittleMan55
10-05-08, 1:24 pm
Much respect to you for handling your business and being made of some strong stuff. BTW if that makes you a mama's boy, then I hope my son is a mama's boy, too, IMHO.

Thanks for stopping by... you comments and feedback mean a lot...

Phil800101
10-06-08, 1:25 am
That's some deep stuff Broc. Sounds like you had some great role models.

Funny videos bro, especially the second one, lol.

Themostocles
10-06-08, 3:41 am
Great stuff in here Broc, anyone that quotes Dr Suess is ok by me lol. Keep on rambling brother ;). -T.

LittleMan55
10-06-08, 6:49 am
That's some deep stuff Broc. Sounds like you had some great role models.

Funny videos bro, especially the second one, lol.

Thanks Phil... What can a I say I'm a child of mother nature... LOL

Great stuff in here Broc, anyone that quotes Dr Suess is ok by me lol. Keep on rambling brother ;). -T.

Dr. Suess was back in the day when reading was fun. Now it's a daily chore that consumes my life...

Themostocles
10-06-08, 6:54 am
Dr. Suess was back in the day when reading was fun. Now it's a daily chore that consumes my life...

Whatchu talkin bout fool! I still read Dr Suess. -T.

LittleMan55
10-06-08, 7:03 am
Whatchu talkin bout fool! I still read Dr Suess. -T.

If I had time I'm sure I would too!

Themostocles
10-06-08, 7:05 am
If I had time I'm sure I would too!

Well, you know, I got a kid. I got an excuse. Are you the strange guy at the kid's movies with no kids lol? -T.

Psycho77
10-06-08, 7:06 am
Ok so here is something just for fun... These vids should be good for a laugh!

Talk about intensity... lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laiZgrIpbcA

Where did they find this guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqm8_YNmTNI

These videos definately help break up the monotony of the school work I have to do...

the second vid got me

LittleMan55
10-07-08, 10:57 am
Well, you know, I got a kid. I got an excuse. Are you the strange guy at the kid's movies with no kids lol? -T.

I have a 10 year old brother, so I got an excuse too!

the second vid got me

I took the most excellent hit... Where did they find that guy!

LittleMan55
10-07-08, 11:16 am
No one knows what our purpose is we must all let our lives unfold how they are supposed to and fulfill the course we are meant to run. Ever wonder what made the greatest men and women in histroy great? Chance, opportunity and acceptance.

Without chance we are nothing! How many walk the face of this earth that could be great, but lack the fortitude and gumption to do anything? Millions! Why is this? Because chance most often is a roll the dice go for broke type scenario that scares the hell out of people. Let me clue you in on something, chance really isn't that risky as much as it appears. I would venture to say that 9 times out of 10 we know what result will occur and we are still reluctant to take the chance. Life is short for us to be like this! Why not risk chance, what is there to lose but mediocrity? We only get one try at life, there is no reset button and we can't eat a magic mushroom for a 1up... So take a fucking chance people it may be the best thing you ever do!

Opportunity only knocks on the door of life a few times. It is synonymous with chance in that we must notice it when it comes around and seize it with a fierce veracity, never to let go, but only to build upon what has presented itself. There is an old saying that luck is where prepreation meets opportunity. This is more of a truism than most will ever know. Ever wondered why some are so lucky? It is simply because the are preparade and know an opportunity when they see it. These same people most often take chances too and will tackle things head on. Whatever it takes notice opprotunites, hop on them and ride them as far as they will take you... Carpe Diem mother fucker!!!

Acceptance is simple... All you have to do is accept the course your life is taking. Embrace it, relish in it, cherish it... It is the core of who we are. You can only deny yourself for so long and there is not point in denying what you are. The shirk off what we are meant to do is to lie to ourselves... And in life liers only get so far, so be brutaly honest with yourself. We all have a task, accept it, give everything you have to it and see what results will come...

These are only a few of the most obvious characteristics that lead to greatness IMO. Trust me there are more, but this is a great start on the way to the top!

firsthorseman97
10-07-08, 11:28 am
Great post Broc. That really hits home. There are so many things that everyone can take from that, I know I did.

B Con
10-07-08, 11:48 am
Very well written.

I piss excellence so I know I'm great. :)

LittleMan55
10-07-08, 12:59 pm
Great post Broc. That really hits home. There are so many things that everyone can take from that, I know I did.

Man that idea struck me quick, as I was thinking about some things in life. Seemed to be some of the solutions that stuck out. I just figured I would share.

Very well written.

I piss excellence so I know I'm great. :)

That one was the result of not wanting to read con-law this morning!

I have Pak piss! Since Pak is excellent does that mean I too piss excellence? lol

LittleMan55
10-07-08, 1:01 pm
Greatness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one knows what our purpose is we must all let our lives unfold how they are supposed to and fulfill the course we are meant to run. Ever wonder what made the greatest men and women in histroy great? Chance, opportunity and acceptance.

Without chance we are nothing! How many walk the face of this earth that could be great, but lack the fortitude and gumption to do anything? Millions! Why is this? Because chance most often is a roll the dice go for broke type scenario that scares the hell out of people. Let me clue you in on something, chance really isn't that risky as much as it appears. I would venture to say that 9 times out of 10 we know what result will occur and we are still reluctant to take the chance. Life is short for us to be like this! Why not risk chance, what is there to lose but mediocrity? We only get one try at life, there is no reset button and we can't eat a magic mushroom for a 1up... So take a fucking chance people it may be the best thing you ever do!

Opportunity only knocks on the door of life a few times. It is synonymous with chance in that we must notice it when it comes around and seize it with a fierce veracity, never to let go, but only to build upon what has presented itself. There is an old saying that luck is where prepreation meets opportunity. This is more of a truism than most will ever know. Ever wondered why some are so lucky? It is simply because the are preparade and know an opportunity when they see it. These same people most often take chances too and will tackle things head on. Whatever it takes notice opprotunites, hop on them and ride them as far as they will take you... Carpe Diem mother fucker!!!

Acceptance is simple... All you have to do is accept the course your life is taking. Embrace it, relish in it, cherish it... It is the core of who we are. You can only deny yourself for so long and there is not point in denying what you are. The shirk off what we are meant to do is to lie to ourselves... And in life liers only get so far, so be brutaly honest with yourself. We all have a task, accept it, give everything you have to it and see what results will come...

These are only a few of the most obvious characteristics that lead to greatness IMO. Trust me there are more, but this is a great start on the way to the top!

B Con
10-07-08, 1:01 pm
That one was the result of not wanting to read con-law this morning!

I have Pak piss! Since Pak is excellent does that mean I too piss excellence? lol

Of course dear watson..

shizz702
10-07-08, 1:06 pm
Damn good post Broc! You hit the nail on the head that most people are just afraid to take a chance, but when you look at the big picture, what is there to be afraid of? One must take chances and seize opportunities if they want to go anywhere in life, or otherwise remain stagnant. Close mouths don't get fed, and you have got to make some moves to get where you want to go. As the old quote goes, "masses of men lead lives in quiet desperation," and if you don't act on that desperation and remain quiet, you'll live in mediocrity, and fail to achieve greatness. Bottom line, can't be afraid to take risks, especially when they are calculated and provide opportunties to advance and do well for yourself. Again, great post Broc, really gave me some inspiration!

Phil800101
10-08-08, 3:52 am
Great post Broc! Very true, definitely some food for thought.

Psycho77
10-24-08, 10:16 am
Great post as always Broc. Keep it up bro.

LittleMan55
10-24-08, 10:24 am
Thanks guys... some new material may come over the weekend?!?!?

Psycho77
10-24-08, 10:28 am
Thanks guys... some new material may come over the weekend?!?!?

can't wait man, keeping a close watch for it. I'll be doing some hiking this weekend but i'll be online on my mobile and laptop. I bring the FORVM anywhere.

js71474
10-29-08, 2:07 pm
Damn brother, I have missed alot here but I'm caught up now and will be along for the ride! Very good posts you got up in here, you've got your heart hanging out in all of these posts and we all appreciate you doing it BS, keep it coming! Hate that I'm late but I'm glad I'm in now!

LittleMan55
11-04-08, 9:54 am
Have been busy and unable to post in this thread much lately.

I did want to take time to remind everyone to get out and vote today! This is a right people, not a privilege. Exercise that right people. Other countries do not get to, be proud we do!

Now I dont give a damn which way you vote, that is personal. Just get out and punch that ticket!!!

Happy Polling people...

LittleMan55
11-13-08, 12:39 pm
I havent posted in here for a while and just had some good stuff come to mind.

As you know from a previous post I grew up with seperated parents... Great, no big deal.

My Grandparents from my fathers side were always around while my father was in college and off in the Navy. So I got lots of hang out times with the old man, who wasnt so old then. He played sports back in the day, worked in a plant, and dig this hit the iron like a mad man (still does at 69, I will be too at that age). Anyway, what I'm getting at is I was destined to be a meathead at a young age. I remember being in the gym with him countless times, watching the iron get punished. I loved going to the gym with him even at 4 years old... Such a good time! Guess things kind of stuck and well here I am today, carrying on a family tradition of pounding iron.

Short post sorry, got class to head to. Just wanted to share that. Any ?'s are welcome and may lead to more elaboration.

firsthorseman97
11-13-08, 1:03 pm
That's awesome, Broc.

Do you guys sit around and talk about workouts, or routines, or how much your lifting these days?

LittleMan55
11-13-08, 1:17 pm
That's awesome, Broc.

Do you guys sit around and talk about workouts, or routines, or how much your lifting these days?

Yeah he is one of my biggest supporters... It's funny he is always like I did this crazy arm work out the other day. I get a kick out of it for sure.

LittleMan55
12-09-08, 8:10 pm
As I approach the 13th, a day I get to partake in an ABC and have fun, I'm reminded of a darker Dec. 13th. A day that change my life forever. In one bit of catastrophic news my mold for the man I had to become was cast, while at the same time a void was created that will not be filled for a few more years down the road (my best guess)... I digress.

The events I am speaking about occured in the middle of my Junior year of highschool. Yes in the time of year when everyone is excited about the upcoming Christmas break, what presents they will get, and winter sports. I was very involved in athletics and following a football season in which I fractrured my leg (could still walk on it so I played) I was head frist in to wrestling season and competeing for a spot in the 215 weight class. I had worked hard the previous summer on wrestling more so than football, because the latter came natural to me. I was excited to be competing for a varsity spot. Well in about week 3 of the season I crushed my nose. I'm not talking a little bit, I mean destroyed it. From there on out it only took a slight tap and the blood works were on! Needless to say my competitor for the spot knew this and used it to his advantage (he later qualified for states). We would wrestle off and I often would end up loosing by 1 point, while being unable to breath from having Tampons (yes they work great for stoping bloody noses) shoved up my nose to stop the bleeding so I could wrestle. I didnt sleep well because of the nasal pain, couldnt breath, yadda yadda, not relevant to the story. So after a few weeks of this I was fed up and went to see a specialist to see what could be done. He warned me after examaning it that if I broke it again some serious cosmetic surgery would be needed. Told him that was not the issue and just wanted the bleeding to stop. So he cauterized my nose so that it would no longer bleed.

So on the day that I go in to get this done, things are great as it's not that difficult for the doc to do. I'm on light duty for wrestling for a week. Enough time to let my body catch up heal up and get that spot. Well I get back from the doc and go to practice. Yeah I'm hard headed and wanted to be there. I couldnt wrestle so I was ridding the bike to get some cardio in. We were about an hour and a half into practice and I see my uncle walk in and talk to the coach... I knew something was really wrong here!

I was told I needed to get my things and go outside so I could go home. I get outside and my mother is balling. (remember from previous her and my father are seperated) I have no clue what is going on and think it's something with my Grandmother the one I said helped raise me. They sit me down in the van we had at the time... I knew it was very serious now. (bear in mind, at this point in life I'm the cocky football star at my school and everything is the gravy train in my life)... They all look at me as if no one wants to tell me something. What was all of 30 seconds of silence seemed like a life time. Thats when they broke the new that broke me!

I was informed they had found my father passed away that morning after he hadnt shown up from work. Fowl play was not at issue as a few tests had been run. I hit the floor and was damn near out of my mind. How? Why? WTF? Why now? My father and I had just begun to repair our relationship and were getting to the point where it was a strong bond. I honestly would have rather been shot there then told this!!! It hurt! A hurt that stings today... One that I cannot do justice with words! Never had I cried so much in my life... And to be honest I may never cry that much again, sure I will miss the other as they pass but the suddeness of this was overwhelming.

The following few days were the depths of hell! I had to walk them though. I got no release in this time as all of my family was loosing it... I had to be their rock (this is where the man I am today was forged). For some reason I could remain calm, I think it was the shock. But, I had to be the back bone for my grandmother and grandfather. They needed me and it was no time to be weak! We had a viewing where he and my step-mother lived and a day later were having one back home to be followed by the service. We traveled home the morning of his viewing back home. Got home in time for me to get half a day of school in. I needed the release. When I got there my friends didn't know what to say and it was as if I were an outcast. They would look at me like they wanted to say something, but were blank. I knew what they were thinking though and it meant a lot to me even though they remained silent.

The following day was cold... It snowed at the cemetary! It was nasty... A day I will remember forever. It seemed to go on forever.

We later found out he passed of a viral infection (brought on by the flu according to the American Heart Institute) which lead to basically a heart atach from an enlarged heart. So yeah at 16 I had every test known to man ran on me to see if it was congenital. It is not! He was 34 when this happened... One of my life goals is to make it to 35. (no lie)

The closeness in proximity to Chirstmas had things messed up. Nothing felt right. It was empty. I was just there, no joy, no nothing really. Lost! Was probably the worst Christmas of my life to date.... The hard part about all this is, it doesnt go away!

Every year it is the same feelings, the same struggle. Sure I go on with life. I must, but at times it hits me and despite this being 8 years ago still drags me down a little. I often wonder what would my father think if he were still here? He didn't see me graduate from HS. He only got to watch one football game I played in. Never got to know I played college ball. Didn't see me graduate college and wont see me graduate law school... Do I wish he were still here? All the time! Can I change anything? NO. I can only do the best I can and always wonder if!

From all of this I have gathered that life is short and that we must enjoy ever minute we have. We are put here for a purpose, find it! Enjoy those around you as they are put there for a reason. Live Happy no matter what, there isn't enough time to be miserable.

RIP Dad... I miss you! 55

Psycho77
12-09-08, 8:36 pm
Your dad would have been proud of the kind of man you grew up to be.

scals
12-09-08, 8:43 pm

Yes he would have. I'm proud to call you my friend, so I know he would be proud to call you his son.

sodapop
12-09-08, 9:05 pm
Damn dude, that story about your dad hit me hard. I don't even know what to say.

I don't know you, but from reading your stuff you sound like a great guy - like the others said, your dad would be proud.

LittleMan55
12-09-08, 9:25 pm

Thanks P! It weird how it will hit me at times and be like "what would dad think if he where here?"

Yes he would have. I'm proud to call you my friend, so I know he would be proud to call you his son.

Thanks Steve! Your text after reading this mean a lot bro!

Damn dude, that story about your dad hit me hard. I don't even know what to say.

I don't know you, but from reading your stuff you sound like a great guy - like the others said, your dad would be proud.

Thanks Bro! I'm not great, just another guy trying to make it... I didn't mean for it to hit anyone hard, it's just something that weighs heavy on me this time of year and has shaped who I'm becoming. So I felt it had to be shared. It took forever to write!

deanna7272
12-09-08, 9:36 pm
Broc... My heart to you...

I am sure your father is proud of you, watching you become what you are. There are times that we need something to hold onto and let that be the thought that keeps you going. He was WITH you when you graduated, he was WITH you playing college ball, he is WITH you every minute of everyday, beaming with pride. You have grown to be a fine young man and you know he guides you each and everyday... You have to know that.

You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers during the holidays.... I lost my Dad 2 weeks after Christmas (when I was 16), and my sister passed 2 years ago on the 17th, I know the struggle that the holidays are.

You know I am here...

B Con
12-09-08, 9:41 pm

I couldn't agree more.

Very deep post Broc. Keep your head up and just know your father is very proud of you and everything you have and still have to accomplish. Always here for ya bro.

Firedrake
12-09-08, 10:37 pm
Broc,

I know and sympathize. Today is the 19th anniversary of my father's death -- he left us at age 65 of long-term heart problems (I was 30). I'd lost my mother when I was 12 (January 12, 1967), so he was all I had left. I was married by then, and I did have the support of my wife and friends. Then, a week after dad's passing, my mother-in-law lost her mother (and this, my wife lost her grandmother). THEN, a week after grandmother's funeral, my mother-in-law found out she had breast cancer.

All we can do when we lose those we love is to continue to be the best person you can be, and celebrate the life of the one you've love by your own examples. By building your strength, of mind and soul as well as body, you enrich his legacy. Be proud.

'drake

firsthorseman97
12-10-08, 6:34 am
Thanks for sharing that Broc. Your a good man. Be proud of that.

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 9:30 am
Makes me feel all the more like an older brother to you Broc. This pain doesn't go away but like many have said. Just know that it was of no fault to you. And also that the man you are becoming and have become so far, makes your father proud, very proud! Lost my dad when I was 19 (2 years before getting married), and my mom when I was 28 (3 months after the birth of my son, she never got to see my youngest daughter). Keep your focus on the task at hand bro, you are the man now. Please allow yourself to once again enjoy the holidays with your family. They love you and they need you. The unfortunate timing of this event means nothing. It flat out sucks but life gives no regard to these things. You can, and deserve to have a great, wonderful holiday season my brother.

Hg

Phil800101
12-15-08, 12:39 am
That was some heavy shit Broc. I know it must not have been easy to write that all down and share it...thanks for doing so though.

sifusteve
12-25-08, 3:47 pm
I'm sitting hear trying to digest everything that i have just read while my mind takes me in a thousand different directions.
I'm left feeling blessed for reading it and understanding more the second chance that I've been given as a father. I don't know why I was not a better father other than just plain immaturity and selfishness. The point is I was given a second chance with my son and daughter that has been hard work (by all involved) but well worth the effort. I don't know why G-d would take a man in his youth (your dad) and leave another that did every stupid thing you can imagine and should have died several times over (me). Again to be on point I feel happy that you had restored (started to) your relationship with your father and sad that it was cut short. I am sure that a big part of your father still lives..In you!

LittleMan55
12-26-08, 9:00 am
Everyone thank you for your support and time spent reading it. It was a release writing it and helped me through this season. Thank you all for sharing your stories of similarities with me. I know we are all different, but at some levels we are all the same. Strength a most often is encapsulated in the mind and the heart! There are many here with plenty of both.

Make the most out of the time we are given. Give more of yourself then you could ask for in return, because that way you will know that when your time comes you gave everything...There will be no looking back wishing, hoping, longing for something that will eternally be too late.

Oh sifusteve- it's not a matter of why God can take one and leave another... All things happen for a reason. Many of which we will never fully know or understand. Things we do not need to question, just feel fortunate for the opportunity. Enjoy your second chance to be a father to the fullest!

LittleMan55
01-03-09, 4:05 pm
What exactly do these words mean?

Websters has multiple definitions of Very. The best for what is being describe here are 1a TRUE; 1b REAL; 2a EXACT/ PRECISE; 3a ABSOLUTE/ UTTER; and 3b UNQUALIFIED/ SHEER. What does any of this mean (yes I shortened from the full definitions, as these were the most important word)?

Websters again has multiple definitions of Heavy. The first one listed though is having great weight. It couldnt be more true, but there will be much on this to come.

It means many things. Very can be just about anything. However, the most applicable uses for bodybuilding and the term VERY HEAVY wold be aboslute/utter. When very is place before heavy it would best read Absolute/Utter great weight. Notice the double adjective making very heavy not just great weight (heavy) but an absolute or utter great weight. This is of much importance in bodybuildting, powerlifting, and olympic lifting where our goal is to lift at such a load as to induce change upon our bodies. While all have different focuses in the end the base of each is VERY HEAVY! Without it change cannot occur, strength and size cannot be attained. We must push and force ourselves to go at an absolute weight for what our bodies can do.

But, in reality this is not a quanitiative analysis, rather it is a qualitative one. I read it in my workout thread that I go very heavy or that is very heavy. This puzzles me as it is not truly the quanity of weight I lift, but the quality of the lift I perform with the heavy weight that ultimatley makes me grow to new levels and in the back of my mind I always know that I am not the strongest or a freak, but I work constantly to become one. The thing is, the weights I use currently tax me to the limits, they will have to go up as I progress or I will no longer be lifting VERY HEAVY. People wish they move this weight or that weight, blindly missing the fact that when they push what they can handle to the max they are in all reality going VERY HEAVY. We are all at various levels and the weights used must tax us indvidually and this will vary person by person. The time in which someone is unwilling to push to a new level of strain is when lifting VERY HEAVY ceases to exist and change will be halted.

I write this to urge all to forget the number on the bar as it is not what is important. The important part is that we go VERY HEAVY for our individual selves, using proper form and a weight that taxes our bodies into new growth. If that is 135 pounds on the bench for some then so be it that is their very heavy for the time being, but with constant work this will go up and a new VERY HEAVY will be attained. The same goes for the monsters on here who move stupid weight. If 405 on the bench is going up an easy 10 or so then you are not going VERY HEAVY! Stop cheating your growth, put some damn weight on the bar and tax yourself. Bust ASS, Go hard, and push yourself to the limits and beyond. We all must go VERY HEAVY to have the best 2009 possible, for it is the basis of change: the true reason we do what we do!

Phil800101
01-05-09, 1:08 am
Right on Broc!

scals
01-05-09, 1:11 am
Hell yea Broc. Hit the nail on the head here bro.

Themostocles
01-05-09, 7:24 am
Right on Broc!

x2. Great stuff. -T.

LittleMan55
01-05-09, 7:41 am
Right on Broc!

x2. Great stuff. -T.

Thanks Guys! Just some view points I have. Just trying to do my part to help everyone get things rolling the right direction in '09 (myself included). It was Enforcer who really helped me understand that real lifters/bbers will not judge you by the weight you use, but rather the effort you put in to the work out.

Psycho77
01-05-09, 10:56 am
great posting B.

gonna print it and post it on the gym. if thats ok with you.

LittleMan55
01-05-09, 12:23 pm
great posting B.

gonna print it and post it on the gym. if thats ok with you.

That would be awesome! I never expected a response like that... Just made my day though.

wedge
01-05-09, 1:25 pm
What exactly do these words mean?

Websters has multiple definitions of Very. The best for what is being describe here are 1a TRUE; 1b REAL; 2a EXACT/ PRECISE; 3a ABSOLUTE/ UTTER; and 3b UNQUALIFIED/ SHEER. What does any of this mean (yes I shortened from the full definitions, as these were the most important word)?

Websters again has multiple definitions of Heavy. The first one listed though is having great weight. It couldnt be more true, but there will be much on this to come.

It means many things. Very can be just about anything. However, the most applicable uses for bodybuilding and the term VERY HEAVY wold be aboslute/utter. When very is place before heavy it would best read Absolute/Utter great weight. Notice the double adjective making very heavy not just great weight (heavy) but an absolute or utter great weight. This is of much importance in bodybuildting, powerlifting, and olympic lifting where our goal is to lift at such a load as to induce change upon our bodies. While all have different focuses in the end the base of each is VERY HEAVY! Without it change cannot occur, strength and size cannot be attained. We must push and force ourselves to go at an absolute weight for what our bodies can do.

But, in reality this is not a quanitiative analysis, rather it is a qualitative one. I read it in my workout thread that I go very heavy or that is very heavy. This puzzles me as it is not truly the quanity of weight I lift, but the quality of the lift I perform with the heavy weight that ultimatley makes me grow to new levels and in the back of my mind I always know that I am not the strongest or a freak, but I work constantly to become one. The thing is, the weights I use currently tax me to the limits, they will have to go up as I progress or I will no longer be lifting VERY HEAVY. People wish they move this weight or that weight, blindly missing the fact that when they push what they can handle to the max they are in all reality going VERY HEAVY. We are all at various levels and the weights used must tax us indvidually and this will vary person by person. The time in which someone is unwilling to push to a new level of strain is when lifting VERY HEAVY ceases to exist and change will be halted.

I write this to urge all to forget the number on the bar as it is not what is important. The important part is that we go VERY HEAVY for our individual selves, using proper form and a weight that taxes our bodies into new growth. If that is 135 pounds on the bench for some then so be it that is their very heavy for the time being, but with constant work this will go up and a new VERY HEAVY will be attained. The same goes for the monsters on here who move stupid weight. If 405 on the bench is going up an easy 10 or so then you are not going VERY HEAVY! Stop cheating your growth, put some damn weight on the bar and tax yourself. Bust ASS, Go hard, and push yourself to the limits and beyond. We all must go VERY HEAVY to have the best 2009 possible, for it is the basis of change: the true reason we do what we do!

Truth. Leave your ego at the door.

LittleMan55
01-05-09, 1:29 pm
Truth. Leave your ego at the door.

Damn straight about the ego! It only gets in the way...

wedge
01-05-09, 3:01 pm
Damn straight about the ego! It only gets in the way...

Not only that, but it can hurt you too. I've had more bumps, bruises and pulls over the years due to my ego thinking I could lift more than I should for various reasons. Some are still screwing with me today.

LittleMan55
01-05-09, 4:04 pm
Not only that, but it can hurt you too. I've had more bumps, bruises and pulls over the years due to my ego thinking I could lift more than I should for various reasons. Some are still screwing with me today.

I think that is why I have avoided injury so far... I train balls to the wall, but now I do so in a smart way.

Oh this all reminds me of a quote from Ronnie Coleman: "if you can't lift 100's, dont try and do 200's"

YEAH BUDDY!

Firedrake
01-09-09, 4:01 pm
That was a great post -- I'll be printing it out and putting it in my "inspiration" notebook that I keep.

I have to keep reminding myself that at 54, heavy is different than it was at 24, even though inside, I feel like the same Animal I was then. The joints have 30 years more mileage on them, and most of it rough. It's difficult, when you remember what you used to put on the bar, to be having trouble with what used to be a "warm-up" weight. Progress can still be made, however, as long as one pays attention to form and proper loading. I'm proof of that.

Thanks for the heads up.

LittleMan55
01-09-09, 4:26 pm
That was a great post -- I'll be printing it out and putting it in my "inspiration" notebook that I keep.

I have to keep reminding myself that at 54, heavy is different than it was at 24, even though inside, I feel like the same Animal I was then. The joints have 30 years more mileage on them, and most of it rough. It's difficult, when you remember what you used to put on the bar, to be having trouble with what used to be a "warm-up" weight. Progress can still be made, however, as long as one pays attention to form and proper loading. I'm proof of that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Fact of the matter is you are still the same Animal! You train as balls out as your body will permit and get the maximum out of it... I have memeories of weight tossed around that I'm working on getting back too so I can really start to improve. We all do it.

Cool that you are putting it in your inspirational notebook. I'm honored.

LittleMan55
01-13-09, 2:23 pm
When you get knocked down stand up. If your going down go down swinging. Now why in the hell are sayings like this popular or used so often? They set shit straight. The way it needs to be said plain and unequivical. You may fail, but if you learn or draw anything from it you will succeed. It took Thomas Edison thousands of attempts before he found the correct filament for a light bulb. Then why is it that so many give up after the first time they really suck it up? This is weak, pathetic and unexcusable. It is high time for all of us to grow a spine, and no matter what mistakes we make own up. Be accountable, reflect on the mishap and go forward to make ourselves successful.

firsthorseman97
01-13-09, 2:28 pm
Sounds like something lit a fire under your ass, Broc. Either way, solid post. Right to the point!

Hoomgar
01-13-09, 2:33 pm
When you get knocked down stand up. If your going down go down swinging. Now why in the hell are sayings like this popular or used so often? They set shit straight. The way it needs to be said plain and unequivical. You may fail, but if you learn or draw anything from it you will succeed. It took Thomas Edison thousands of attempts before he found the correct filament for a light bulb. Then why is it that so many give up after the first time they really suck it up? This is weak, pathetic and unexcusable. It is high time for all of us to grow a spine, and no matter what mistakes we make own up. Be accountable, reflect on the mishap and go forward to make ourselves successful.

Amen!

LittleMan55
01-13-09, 2:33 pm
Bumping today's entry entitled: Success through failure

LittleMan55
01-13-09, 2:34 pm
Sounds like something lit a fire under your ass, Broc. Either way, solid post. Right to the point!

Nah that all just hit me about 20 minutes or so ago. Came flying out! Felt I should share. Kept it short and sweet as it speaks volumes on it's own.

Amen!

Thanks!

Hoomgar
01-13-09, 2:41 pm
Thanks!

I already bumped it for you bro. I got your back, you know that LOL!

LittleMan55
01-13-09, 2:50 pm
I already bumped it for you bro. I got your back, you know that LOL!

I was thanking the Amen... lol I know you got my back. I think I was in the process of bumping it when you did it. OH well doesnt hurt to have it on the page twice.

sifusteve
01-13-09, 3:03 pm
I hope you don't mind that I copyed/pasted your thoughts on "VERY HEAVEY" onto my thread. with citation.
More people need to read that level of understaning!

thanks for your insight.

scals
01-13-09, 3:03 pm
Nice post Broc. So true, so true.

LittleMan55
01-13-09, 5:03 pm
I hope you don't mind that I copyed/pasted your thoughts on "VERY HEAVEY" onto my thread. with citation.
More people need to read that level of understaning!

thanks for your insight.

That is fine. The more that read it the better. I have had it all over the place. Glad you liked it. I'm just trying to put things in here that I feel passionate about.

Nice post Broc. So true, so true.

Anyone can get knocked down and stand up once. What happens about time #8? I'm willing to stand up for #9.... I know you are too. Everyone needs to get there though!

scals
01-13-09, 6:39 pm
Anyone can get knocked down and stand up once. What happens about time #8? I'm willing to stand up for #9.... I know you are too. Everyone needs to get there though!

You're absolutely right Broc. We have both been knocked down countless times by different things. We're both get up, brush it off and keep moving. I hope everyone can get to that point. It's a nice place to be.

LittleMan55
01-13-09, 9:29 pm
You're absolutely right Broc. We have both been knocked down countless times by different things. We're both get up, brush it off and keep moving. I hope everyone can get to that point. It's a nice place to be.

Sometimes you go down, but you should never go out unless being carried in a big ass box!

Psycho77
01-13-09, 10:10 pm

I couldn't agree more Broc. Every mistake that we do, every fall that we take has an underlying innate lesson to be taken from it.

LittleMan55
01-14-09, 10:46 am
I couldn't agree more Broc. Every mistake that we do, every fall that we take has an underlying innate lesson to be taken from it.

So true. Lessons can be learned from the smallest of place.

LittleMan55
01-14-09, 11:11 am
I myself know there have been times I had done shoddy work. Ran out of time, lost something I needed, forgot about something entirely. Never in these times have a cherished my futility. What happened to doing a job right, not because you are going to be rewarded but because it is just the right damn thing to do?!?! This is becoming a notion of a time long gone.

Take the following example from a scene in which I observed someone, on a day that would unknowingly change my outlook and this was recent....

Standing at a check out line in Wal-Mart drawing impatient with the drudgery of Corporate America. The area in which I live is populated heavily with those of meger means, so you can only imagine the scene. Its shit like this that tears me appart, because it makes me fell small for being greedy. Mindlessly I stand there trying to ignore these facts as if they will go away. After checking out though, my eye caught what could be one of the most inspirational things I have seen in my whole life. Hell people this is Wal-Mart so no it wasnt someone moving some heavy ass weight, rather it was a string of shoping carts.

The said carts were being pushed by a young man who appeared to me to have downs syndrome. It was not necessarily his handicap that drew my attention as he pushed this string of carts with his motorized wheel chair. IT WAS THE SMILE ON HIS FACE!!! He was so damn happy to push carts it seemed as if that job were paying a million dollars and hour. He was doing his job and kicking ass at it and enjoying it!!! How many out there would shun, or shudder such a job? Here you have someone doing what he can and doing it damn well! He will never know it, but his 30 some seconds I noticed him had the power to make me realize many pitfalls of my own life.

The caliber and degree to which we do our work speaks volumes about the fiber and meaning of our existance. I have always felt I have done decent work, but when has decent ever been great. I never know when someone will be watching and drawing inspiration from me, so like the dude in the wheel chair I need to work hard, bust my ass, and ensure that I do my job well. No matter what that job may be!!! Life is fleeting and each day as we step closer to our demise stop and wonder what the hell kind of power and impact will the tasks we have endevoured on will leave. For it is easy to pass by idle, it takes great work and effort to posses the power to affect change upon ourselve and those around us. Don't give up work dilligently striving to do the job well. Make waves with this empowerment!

sifusteve
01-14-09, 11:21 am
Again...more words of wisdom!
well written...well said!

Themostocles
01-14-09, 11:27 am

x2 Broc. Point well made.

firsthorseman97
01-14-09, 11:31 am

X3. Inspiring story indeed.

js71474
01-14-09, 12:08 pm
Inspiring story to say the least! That kind of thing does make you reflect on your own life and it also makes you realize that whatever tribulations you may be going through don't hold a candle to what others are facing. Great reminder to us all....be the best you can be, you never will get a second chance at that.
I like your thread you got going here, I am in for it bro, keep them coming!

LittleMan55
01-15-09, 12:36 pm
Glad you liked the past few guys. Trust me there is a lot more. I havent even started in on training phio, diet, or any other twisted takes I have on things. Topics are endless!

scals
01-15-09, 12:40 pm
Nice post Broc. After reading that, one phrase comes to mind -- LND

LittleMan55
01-15-09, 12:43 pm
Nice post Broc. After reading that, one phrase comes to mind -- LND

True... Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

LittleMan55
01-15-09, 12:44 pm
Bumping something I wrote yesterday to this page incase anyone cares to read.

I myself know there have been times I had done shoddy work. Ran out of time, lost something I needed, forgot about something entirely. Never in these times have a cherished my futility. What happened to doing a job right, not because you are going to be rewarded but because it is just the right damn thing to do?!?! This is becoming a notion of a time long gone.

Take the following example from a scene in which I observed someone, on a day that would unknowingly change my outlook and this was recent....

Standing at a check out line in Wal-Mart drawing impatient with the drudgery of Corporate America. The area in which I live is populated heavily with those of meger means, so you can only imagine the scene. Its shit like this that tears me appart, because it makes me fell small for being greedy. Mindlessly I stand there trying to ignore these facts as if they will go away. After checking out though, my eye caught what could be one of the most inspirational things I have seen in my whole life. Hell people this is Wal-Mart so no it wasnt someone moving some heavy ass weight, rather it was a string of shoping carts.

The said carts were being pushed by a young man who appeared to me to have downs syndrome. It was not necessarily his handicap that drew my attention as he pushed this string of carts with his motorized wheel chair. IT WAS THE SMILE ON HIS FACE!!! He was so damn happy to push carts it seemed as if that job were paying a million dollars and hour. He was doing his job and kicking ass at it and enjoying it!!! How many out there would shun, or shudder such a job? Here you have someone doing what he can and doing it damn well! He will never know it, but his 30 some seconds I noticed him had the power to make me realize many pitfalls of my own life.

The caliber and degree to which we do our work speaks volumes about the fiber and meaning of our existance. I have always felt I have done decent work, but when has decent ever been great. I never know when someone will be watching and drawing inspiration from me, so like the dude in the wheel chair I need to work hard, bust my ass, and ensure that I do my job well. No matter what that job may be!!! Life is fleeting and each day as we step closer to our demise stop and wonder what the hell kind of power and impact will the tasks we have endevoured on will leave. For it is easy to pass by idle, it takes great work and effort to posses the power to affect change upon ourselve and those around us. Don't give up work dilligently striving to do the job well. Make waves with this empowerment!

B Con
01-15-09, 2:59 pm
Deep man. Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets a kick out of seeing stuff like that. Good post.

LittleMan55
01-15-09, 4:18 pm
Deep man. Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets a kick out of seeing stuff like that. Good post.

In my eyes it takes more to be big than just moving a lot of weight and eating a lot of food. Any meat head can do that... Big is something different, something more!!!

Hoomgar
01-15-09, 4:22 pm
In my eyes it takes more to be big than just moving a lot of weight and eating a lot of food. Any meat head can do that... Big is something different, something more!!!

Would you agree that "big" is more than just what you are on the outisde of the man as well Broc?

LittleMan55
01-15-09, 4:29 pm
Would you agree that "big" is more than just what you are on the outisde of the man as well Broc?

I would say that is entirely. Hit the nail on the head Hg

Firedrake
01-15-09, 4:41 pm
The satisfaction of a Job Well Done is unmatchable, no matter where or how it's done. Knowing that we've given our best effort, done all we can, and are DOING everything we can, is one of the greatest joys there is.

Teddy Roosevelt said something nearly 100 years ago that speaks to both your most recent posts:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

(Oh, and as for growing a spine? I have a rebuild . . . <grin>)

Keep punching!

LittleMan55
01-15-09, 4:54 pm
The satisfaction of a Job Well Done is unmatchable, no matter where or how it's done. Knowing that we've given our best effort, done all we can, and are DOING everything we can, is one of the greatest joys there is.

Teddy Roosevelt said something nearly 100 years ago that speaks to both your most recent posts:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

(Oh, and as for growing a spine? I have a rebuild . . . <grin>)

Keep punching!

You and your rebuilt spine kick ass bro!

I started reading that quote and realized... It hung in my locker in College when I played football. Like you read my mind!

Oh and TR is one of my favorite historical figures!

Phil800101
01-16-09, 5:36 am

Right on Broc! Great posts as always.

LittleMan55
01-30-09, 8:29 pm
"I am going to be this" "I am a future this and that" "I will do this"... Easiest word to say in the human language. But, why the need to self proclaim? To toot ones own horn? Laud self ability?

If you are in this sport and have been for a while, you by now have ran across a few people full of these phrases. These people may have made decent gains. They may be strong. However, at the end of the day they are all bark and no bite. Most often full of words and short on action. At the end of the day ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Quite frankly no one gives a damn about self proclomation if the intnent to bring to furitition is lacking. I have long lived by the motto "Speak Softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"... This South African phrase made famous by Teddy Roosevelt is so true. How often is it that we find the onese making the least noise about ability finishing at or near the top? So to hell with barking it's time to start biting!

or in other words... TALK IS CHEAP MOTHER F#@$ER!!!

firsthorseman97
01-30-09, 10:20 pm
I like that post Broc. That quote is one of my favorites. Of course your interpretation is pretty damn good too.

Big C
01-30-09, 10:24 pm
Damn Broc, just jumped into this thread for the 1st time....you are a great writer man. Keep it up....I agree with your above post, I tend not to associate with those who are full or bark and no bite, I could actually name some off the top of my head but I won't even go there. We can discuss it @ the Arnold if you like.

Anyway, some very insightful posts as I go through the thread...I wish I could pour my thoughts out in the fashion you do. Keep it up man! - Big C

Phil800101
01-31-09, 1:52 am
Right on Broc! So very true.

LittleMan55
01-31-09, 11:05 am
I like that post Broc. That quote is one of my favorites. Of course your interpretation is pretty damn good too.

Both versions are applicable depending on the situation. I just had to throw that one out there.

Damn Broc, just jumped into this thread for the 1st time....you are a great writer man. Keep it up....I agree with your above post, I tend not to associate with those who are full or bark and no bite, I could actually name some off the top of my head but I won't even go there. We can discuss it @ the Arnold if you like.

Anyway, some very insightful posts as I go through the thread...I wish I could pour my thoughts out in the fashion you do. Keep it up man! - Big C

Thanks Chris. I think most of the people I know and really consider friends on here are of the bite variety. I look forward to meeting more of them at the cage too. You know this discussion will come up in the room or in general at The Arnold.

As for being a good writter. I am not so sure about it. Probably could be and will become better as the years past, seeing as how a lot of my life will be writing. To get things out there like this just sit down and write. Its impressive when people share thoughts no matter how they are worded.

Right on Broc! So very true.

Thank you for taking the time to read it Phil. I appreciate it brother!

scals
01-31-09, 11:11 am
"I am going to be this" "I am a future this and that" "I will do this"... Easiest word to say in the human language. But, why the need to self proclaim? To toot ones own horn? Laud self ability?

If you are in this sport and have been for a while, you by now have ran across a few people full of these phrases. These people may have made decent gains. They may be strong. However, at the end of the day they are all bark and no bite. Most often full of words and short on action. At the end of the day ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Quite frankly no one gives a damn about self proclomation if the intnent to bring to furitition is lacking. I have long lived by the motto "Speak Softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"... This South African phrase made famous by Teddy Roosevelt is so true. How often is it that we find the onese making the least noise about ability finishing at or near the top? So to hell with barking it's time to start biting!

or in other words... TALK IS CHEAP MOTHER F#@$ER!!!

We're always on the same page bro. Great post!

Little Z
01-31-09, 11:29 am
Hey bro, just want you to know im still lurkin around your thread, keep writing bro..

See you at the Arnold..

LittleMan55
01-31-09, 11:35 am
We're always on the same page bro. Great post!

Great minds think alike. Its whey Me, You, Burt, and Big C (when you meet him) all get a long so well.

Hey bro, just want you to know im still lurkin around your thread, keep writing bro..

See you at the Arnold..

Yeah bro... Looking forward to hanging out with you again at The Cage!

LittleMan55
02-06-09, 1:26 pm
It seems that this term is used with such a negative connotation. One, much to my dismay. Sure it can be viewed as a negative thing, but I prefer it much more in a positive fashion. I try and stay silent as much as possible. I dont gloat. I do what I do because I have the mental innitiative to do so. I push to the utter limits of what my body can handle to force and impress change upon myslef.

Most importantly though is I SELL OUT!!! I SELL OUT to the fact that the shit I put my body through, that others consider me crazy for, is paying off and will benefit me leaps and bounds for years to come. I SELL OUT to the fact that I have the will to do what is necessary in every aspect of my life, not just the gym. I SELL OUT to the fact that when they box me up one day at least one person will say "That was a good, honest, hard working man". I SELL OUT to the fact that there are forces greater than I, that lead me moral and conscien actions. I SELL OUT to everything that matters greatly to me, which leaves me with little time for me, but in the end it is better to serve than to be served. I SELL OUT to the fact that my work is never finished, but I do not lose sleep over that I cherish it.

So go ahead and SELL OUT, you may find youself in a better postion than before.

firsthorseman97
02-06-09, 1:32 pm
I always knew you were a SELL OUT Broc.

Great post bro. I was just wondering the other day when we'd get another nugget of truth from you.

Big C
02-06-09, 1:37 pm
Some good thoughts there Broc. But I don't think I would have to wait til your long gone to say your a hard-working, honest, solid character. We already know that bro! In fact I say that about a lot of my dudes here with Animal...that's why I like this place better than anything else out there.

LittleMan55
02-09-09, 8:11 am
I always knew you were a SELL OUT Broc.

Great post bro. I was just wondering the other day when we'd get another nugget of truth from you.

Glad you liked that one. I had been kind of busy and unable to get things up. Caught a little time on Friday and that one had been on my mind.

Some good thoughts there Broc. But I don't think I would have to wait til your long gone to say your a hard-working, honest, solid character. We already know that bro! In fact I say that about a lot of my dudes here with Animal...that's why I like this place better than anything else out there.

Friends like you know those things about me. What I hope though with that thought was someone at large, just the average joe I may have never met. I feel the same about the solid dudes over here. I lurk and post at other boards as well, but you can't be as opes as you can on here at anywhere else.

Best other FAMILY I ever had is at the FORVM!

LittleMan55
02-09-09, 8:13 am
Wrote this on Friday. Bumping for other sto read.

It seems that this term is used with such a negative connotation. One, much to my dismay. Sure it can be viewed as a negative thing, but I prefer it much more in a positive fashion. I try and stay silent as much as possible. I dont gloat. I do what I do because I have the mental innitiative to do so. I push to the utter limits of what my body can handle to force and impress change upon myslef.

Most importantly though is I SELL OUT!!! I SELL OUT to the fact that the shit I put my body through, that others consider me crazy for, is paying off and will benefit me leaps and bounds for years to come. I SELL OUT to the fact that I have the will to do what is necessary in every aspect of my life, not just the gym. I SELL OUT to the fact that when they box me up one day at least one person will say "That was a good, honest, hard working man". I SELL OUT to the fact that there are forces greater than I, that lead me moral and conscien actions. I SELL OUT to everything that matters greatly to me, which leaves me with little time for me, but in the end it is better to serve than to be served. I SELL OUT to the fact that my work is never finished, but I do not lose sleep over that I cherish it.

So go ahead and SELL OUT, you may find youself in a better postion than before.

Phil800101
02-09-09, 1:58 pm
Good stuff as always Broc! I never thought of looking at the term in that way.

LittleMan55
02-17-09, 10:07 am
The sound of iron on iron... The deafening thud the hammer makes as it strike pure ore forging and reshaping the molecules of metal to make it harder and stronger. Blacksmithing is a dying skill, giving way to the highly industrialized society we live in now. Now one may only find those who do this as a pass time or in some historical park. This one dying breed is analagous to where we are as workers of todays iron. We clank each day upon our bodies. The clank we now here is that of plates ratteling. With each passing rep we move closer and closer to be forged into something worthy to look up on. The Iron is now a mere tool for the forging we do to make our selves into the dominating presence of the weapons of old. The hotter we get the fire that dives us, and the harder we push against the iron the stronger we become. With each passing rep, as with each strike of the hammer new shapes are formed. It is painstakingly necessary and worth every second.

The poundings must continue... Clank... Clank... Clank...

scals
02-17-09, 5:37 pm
Reading that just got my fired up and thinking of my old gym. Nothing but iron thrown all over the place and getting big! Nice post bro.

Firedrake
02-17-09, 5:39 pm
As an occasional blacksmith, I know that sound. I worked on my own sword and my own pattern-welded dagger. That "forge" symbology for what we do in the gym is very apt -- we're using iron to forge ourselves into something better!

Phil800101
02-20-09, 9:32 pm
Right on Broc!

DilleGomez
03-05-09, 9:28 pm
nice post im in fer sure

LittleMan55
03-12-09, 4:28 pm
One glaring observation I had during my now annual pilgrimage to The Cage this past weekend was that Animal is one of the only booths to not hand out hords of free shit. Sure they give out the 150 shirts to the first FORVM members to show up and wee have the box, but where I'm going with this is what we do on this board and in our lifestyle is real! The way this Company does things is real because unlike most everyother company we don't need half dressed women (although they did look nice) and tons of free shit to make our purpose known.

Hell in this sport and life in general there is but one thing that I have realized as true... THERE ARE NO FREE HANDOUTS! The things worth having are worth busting our ass with every fiber in our bodies, from the depths of our souls and with every ounce of our hearts. I remember being a kid and hearing some old timer talk about how nothing he owned was given to him. I thought that was stupid at the time because I was young and loved getting things handed too me. However, with each passing year now I realize what this man was talking about. What we do is not easy, if it were monkeys could do it.

I was asked by someone recently why I do what I do in the gym... I responded that outside of loving it I do it because not many can.

Keep doing what we are doing brothers and sister, because we know that which is right and we don't expect to have shit handed to us.

Be Large,
BS

Big C
03-12-09, 8:11 pm
Good post Broc. I couldn't have said that better myself. I swear some people go to the Arnold just to hoard free samples and see how many bags they can take home....to each his/her own I guess but our crew is different than the rest.

Be Large....damn bro I want that phrase on the front of a T-shirt! Very nice!

DANO
03-12-09, 8:29 pm
Just stumbled on your thread man. Good words. Some really hit home, I'll share some with you sometime.
Later,
DANO

Phil800101
03-13-09, 2:46 am
Damn straight Broc!

LittleMan55
03-13-09, 10:23 am
Good post Broc. I couldn't have said that better myself. I swear some people go to the Arnold just to hoard free samples and see how many bags they can take home....to each his/her own I guess but our crew is different than the rest.

Be Large....damn bro I want that phrase on the front of a T-shirt! Very nice!

I will work for and buy what I want... Although some Animal/Universal Promos are cool.

We need to push them for a T-Shirt with that on it. I'm sure that there could be some support for that line.

Just stumbled on your thread man. Good words. Some really hit home, I'll share some with you sometime.
Later,
DANO

Feel free to share away DANO and thanks for stopping in. I don't get to write in here as much as a I would like, but when I do I try to make them count.

Damn straight Broc!

Thanks Phil!

Aggression
03-13-09, 10:29 am
I couldn't agree more man. Yeah, those women did look real nice, but fuck 'em. We don't need them. We can just take strolls to other booths to see them, but not at the CAGE.

Lifting because not many people can. So true, homie. Not too many people want to shovel down a huge real gains shake and then eat breakfast shortly after! haha. Stand out, don't blend it. Get it done.

Brutus_515
03-13-09, 10:41 am
good post man and it was really good seeing you again when I have had some food and not retarded for prep. I got alot of people asking what they get for the bench comps at the cage I just said what ever vinny feels like giving you haha...i said a beanie and half the people walked away. shit you work for is always better than shit you get for free....kinda ups the satisfaction level

scals
03-13-09, 10:00 pm
awesome post bro. Very few can....

LittleMan55
04-11-09, 10:13 am
wow I'm late on posting a response to you guys.

A- Damn right we on this site walk a different walk than others.

Shaffer- You are funny with out food and funny with food. Just look like you arent a zombie. I will probably look and feel the same way by Sept. though.

Steve - HEY TITS!!!

LittleMan55
05-25-09, 3:02 pm
Change is a word that all have heard repeatedly for the past year plus now. Our current President won a whole election on it. Well sorry Mr. President, change does not start on capitol hill; it starts with the individuals. But pause for a minute to think about what is really going on here people. We can say we need change, we want change, and we can change things from how they originally were. In reality though we as a general populus can and never will see change until each and every individual one of us decide to make the change starting with us on the inside.

It takes a lot to sit and examine oneself. Realize our shortcomings and weaknesses, but it is truly the best way to grow. Once realized a plan must be enatced to bring about change, and follow up checks and re-evaluation done to ensure its effectiveness. This process will cause great evolution in ones self, but will never eliminate personal flaws. We all have them deal with it, but work at improving them.

So while most encourage change and have welcomed it with outstretched arms, it appears that a great amount of these people are unwilling to embrace personal change. They seem to want to sit idol and allow it to happen for them. All while complaining and bitching the loudest that nothing is changing. But, to sit on the sideline and say you can do it better is the same as pissing in the wind; you may feel relieved, but you end up losing in the long run.

Be active, be involved, force change upon yourself so that we all can bring about change as a whole and make this place a better place to live.

Phil800101
05-26-09, 2:33 am
Change is a word that all have heard repeatedly for the past year plus now. Our current President won a whole election on it. Well sorry Mr. President, change does not start on capitol hill; it starts with the individuals. But pause for a minute to think about what is really going on here people. We can say we need change, we want change, and we can change things from how they originally were. In reality though we as a general populus can and never will see change until each and every individual one of us decide to make the change starting with us on the inside.

It takes a lot to sit and examine oneself. Realize our shortcomings and weaknesses, but it is truly the best way to grow. Once realized a plan must be enatced to bring about change, and follow up checks and re-evaluation done to ensure its effectiveness. This process will cause great evolution in ones self, but will never eliminate personal flaws. We all have them deal with it, but work at improving them.

So while most encourage change and have welcomed it with outstretched arms, it appears that a great amount of these people are unwilling to embrace personal change. They seem to want to sit idol and allow it to happen for them. All while complaining and bitching the loudest that nothing is changing. But, to sit on the sideline and say you can do it better is the same as pissing in the wind; you may feel relieved, but you end up losing in the long run.

Be active, be involved, force change upon yourself so that we all can bring about change as a whole and make this place a better place to live.

Right on.

LittleMan55
06-03-09, 9:50 pm
Right on.

Thanks Phil!

LittleMan55
11-30-09, 11:20 am
Just got handed my from verifying my successful completion of mediation training. I have a few more things to finish up, but essentially I became a Certified Civil Mediator today!

Today is going to be a good day!

deanna7272
11-30-09, 12:06 pm
Just got handed my from verifying my successful completion of mediation training. I have a few more things to finish up, but essentially I became a Certified Civil Mediator today!

Woo Hoo!!! Take Steph to dinner and celebrate!!! (You KNOW I'm always looking for an excuse to have GOOD food!!!!)

Congrats, you're on your way!!!

firsthorseman97
11-30-09, 1:09 pm
Congrats Broc!!!!!!!!

Phil800101
11-30-09, 1:31 pm
Congrats bro!

B Con
11-30-09, 2:11 pm
Congrats on becoming a mediator broseph. Good stuff.

scals
11-30-09, 3:00 pm

Congrats brother!!!!! I second the good dinner, but it is Grundy LOL. Don't think the Chinese buffet will cut it!

LittleMan55
11-30-09, 6:12 pm
Woo Hoo!!! Take Steph to dinner and celebrate!!! (You KNOW I'm always looking for an excuse to have GOOD food!!!!)

Congrats, you're on your way!!!

Thanks Dee! I would take Steph out to dinner, but as Steve mentioned below it is Grundy. I will wait until we are done with finals when we can get out of town.

Don't worry I always look for an excuse to have GOOD food. lol

Congrats Broc!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ryan.

Congrats bro!

Gracias Phil.

Congrats on becoming a mediator broseph. Good stuff.

I have to sit in on 1 and co-mediate one in VA, but I can do that next semester pretty easy. I don't know if I will do it since I'm not staying in VA. I already meet the requirements in WV, PA, and 7 other states with just today's paper. Kind of blows my mind!

Congrats brother!!!!! I second the good dinner, but it is Grundy LOL. Don't think the Chinese buffet will cut it!

Thanks Steve! lol a great Chinese buffet may cut it, but you have had the food at the one here. No go on that one.

Firedrake
11-30-09, 6:15 pm
Congrats on the Civil Mediator status, Broc -- if nothing else, intimidate the parties with the size of your arms! <grin>

Get behind some good chow to celebrate soon!

LittleMan55
11-30-09, 6:29 pm
Congrats on the Civil Mediator status, Broc -- if nothing else, intimidate the parties with the size of your arms! <grin>

Get behind some good chow to celebrate soon!

The thing about mediaiton is I just sit there and listen. I'm a good listener? Not according to my momma! haha... If I have to do depositions in my legal work though I will use the intimidation methods. As for mediation I have to be like a teddy bear.