PDA

View Full Version : Embrace the Chaos

Angst
10-05-08, 12:13 pm
What's up guys, been meaning to do this for quiet a while, but always put it off 'cause my training schedule have been really inconsistent. So much have changed in the past couple months, I have decided to put my pursue of bodybuilding on hold and focus more on school and career. I don't think this is being "un-Animal", I simply have grown up and realized I have more responsibilities and more weight on my shoulders. And if I don't do good in school, then I will never get to where I want to be. The stage will always be there, and there's no way in hell that I have walked off that stage for good.
While my priorities has changed, what matters to me still remains the same. The weight room is still the only place I belongs, I still love to train simply for the sake of training.
I decided to write something down as a way to help me stay on top of things. I will also talk about things going on outside the gym so people can see what the life is like for someone taking 18 credit hours plus working 30 hours a week.
I came up with this title because I realized that no matter how hard I try to balance everything out, something will always come up and knock me off the course. Every time it seems like I'm making progress with training or something else, along will come distractions. So I decided to give up finding "peace", and just embrace the chaos of life, hope for the best, prepare for the worst and accept everything in between. There is no where to run, no where to hide, just gotta stay on the grind and keeping fighting back harder than before.
As far as training goes, since I'm not training for anything other than to get bigger and stronger, so I'll train however I want to train. But in a nut shell it'll be a 3 day split, chest/tris, back/bis, legs, I'll add a couple sets of military presses and laterals in there. 3 days a week is not enough for most people, but since I'm not training for anything, it doesn't really matter.
So let's see where I'll end up.

Angst
10-05-08, 4:01 pm
Just got over a cold last week, today was my first day back in the gym. Trained chest, tris, and abs. Intra-aid during workout, which helped me pushed out a couple of reps at the end of every set.

Flat DB press: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Decline barbell press: 3 sets of 12-8 reps
CGBP: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Machine flyes: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Skulls: 2 sets of 9-6 reps
Ab machine: 3 sets of 12 reps

Definitely drained, gonna have some tilapia with rice post workout.

Angst
10-08-08, 10:04 pm
Been pretty busy with school this week, got tests and homework on readings and such, Management Information Systems is one boring class lol. Got work from 7-3 tomorrow morning and Organizational Behavior class from 6-9 at night, I'll try to do the homework for that class tonight so I can go hit back in the gym in between.
Trained legs tonight, felt pretty comfortable with squats, which is a sign that my knees are getting better. Gonna start doing some rehab stuff for my hip, which is bothering me during the leg press.

Leg extensions: 4 sets of 15-12 reps
Squats: 5 sets of 12-8 reps
Leg press: 3 sets of 12-8 reps
Lying leg curls: 3 sets of 12-8 reps
Seated calf raise: 3 sets of 30-12 reps

Got a pump and left 'cause I was short on time

Angst
10-12-08, 12:10 pm
Have monday and tuesday off from school, so looking forward to taking advantage and get some work done in the weight room. Trained back and bis this morning and did some rehab work for my hip. Loving Intra-aid so far.

HS pull downs, reverse pull downs, one arm DB rows, machine rows, EZ bar curls, hammer curls, preacher curls.

Gonna chill out and watch football for the rest of the day and catch up on some homework.

Angst
11-12-08, 6:19 pm
WTF?! Some of the shit that's happening right now is just fucking unbelievable. So the marriage is most likely off, my xbox broke two days ago, locked my keys in the car this morning, found out the person who I'm doing a class project with withdraw from that class so I'm gonna do a 15 page paper, powerpoint presentation all by myself, and to round out the day, getting a 40 on a math test even though I studied. How in the fucking hell can ALL this happen at the same fucking time? It just makes me wanna laugh. What are the chances. It's like the whole fucking world is trying to prevent me from getting ahead.

Well rants over. I guess all that shit just means I must focus all of my effort on school, simply because life made it seems so hard to do that. Fuck everything else and eliminate all the distractions. Now I am fucking pissed. Because life made it so hard for me to get to where I want to be, I'm gonna fight back even harder. The game has changed now, I'm gonna fucking pass all my classes, graduate on time, get my degree, and land a high paying fucking job! That will be like giving the world the middle finger, and say FUCK YOU to life, and revenge against anyone or anything that tried to keep me down. I could feel sorry for myself for all that bullshit that happened to me and will happen to me in the future. But like Machine said, feeling sorry ain't never gonna do anything, so I'm gonna get angry instead. I often feel I'm being too "soft" on a lot of things, but from this point on, is fight to death for whatever it is that I want.

Angst
12-12-08, 1:03 pm
Just took my last final exam yesterday, will find out how I did this semester by next Friday. I'm hoping for a B average but will have to wait and see. I have never skipped so few classes and completed so many assignments in a semester, so I definitely put in more effort than ever before. But I never took 18 credit hours in one semester plus those are the hardest courses I ever took, and it doesn't help that I also work 30 hours a week. But shit, if it was easy, then anyone would've done it. Now that school's over, its time to start hitting the weights hard again.

Angst
12-14-08, 7:29 pm
Trained chest and tris this afternoon, kept the volume low since my muscle endurance is not where it use to be. Decent workout, with about 10 min of stretching after the workout.

Bench press: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
HS bench: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Incline flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
Dips: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Rope push downs: 12, 12, 8+3 reps
Crunches: 3 sets of 15-10 reps

Protein shake, chicken and rice, PB&J sandwich while I watch football for the rest of the night. Looking forward to training back tomorrow.

Angst
12-15-08, 10:32 pm
Trained back, bis, and forearms tonight, kept it short and sweet. Just another step to make my way back to where I use to be.

Barbell rows: 4 sets of 10-6 with a drop set at the end
Seated cable rows: 3 sets of 12-7
Chins: 2 sets of 6, 5 reps
Reverse pull downs: 2 sets of 10-8 reps
Hammer curls: 4 sets of 8-6 reps
Reverse EZ bar curls: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Goodmornings: 3 sets of 10 reps

10 min. stretching at the end.

Angst
12-17-08, 8:21 pm
Decided to train at home tonight to save some gas money plus there's no need for me to use all the fancy equipments at this stage. Kept it short and to the point.

Seated DB press: 4 sets of 10-8 reps
EZ bar upright rows: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Side laterals: 2 sets of 8 reps

5 min. of stretching at the end.

Angst
12-18-08, 8:30 pm
Feels like getting my old form back and the fire has definitely returned. Had a great leg workout tonight, its gonna be sore tomorrow for sure.

Hacks: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
Deads: 4 sets of 10-6 reps
Leg press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Extensions: 4 sets of 12-15 reps supersetted with
Lying leg curls: 4 sets of 15-8 reps
Seated leg curls: 3 sets of 15-10 reps
Calf raises: 3 sets of 12 reps

Gonna look up a recipe for mahi mahi, 'cause thats what I'm eating for my post workout meal.

Angst
12-19-08, 4:31 pm
Well I found out my final grades today, got a C+ average for my six classes. On the plus side I passed all my classes with the lowest grade being a "C". Some of the grades were definitely questionable, like in my business writing class, my partner bailed out on me so I had to do a 12 page paper and a power point presentation all by myself, while all the other "teams" have 2-3 people. Not sure if the professor took that into consideration. I was offered to join another group, but I decided to just suck it up and follow through with it, guess maybe you don't earn points for being courageous and not taking the easy way out, oh well. But even with the questionable grades, I have to say that my goal at the beginning of the semester was still within reach, I still could've paid more attention in class and put more effort into reviewing for tests. Yeah it fucking sucks now to say I could've done this and could've done that, it fucking sucks when I failed to seize the opportunity, it fucking sucks that I know I'm better than this. Desire is nothing without execution, and I was short on one, but not the other.

One Bills Drive, Orchard Park, is less than 2 hours away from where I live, so its all about the Buffalo Bills around here. They got the talents and the hype before the season started, and everyone thought they will do good this year. After start the season 4-0, people begin to talk about the playoffs, then all of a sudden they lost 8 of their last 10 games and now sitting at 6-8. They're not short on talent or physical abilities and they sure as hell are better than 6-8. Again, nobody's ever short on desire, but what actually matters is putting in the work and execute.

Shit, we all want to win that pro card, we all want to be Mr. Olympia, we all want a better paying job, we all want a big house, we all want nice cars. Its only a dream until you stop dreaming about it and start putting in the work.

Angst
12-21-08, 7:52 pm
Did a quick chest and tris workout before the sushi feast afterwards, I ate 40 pieces despite it didn't tasted all that great. Gotta get bloated and swole lol.

Incline: 4 sets with a drop set at the end
Low incline DB press: 3 sets of 10-6 reps
HS decline press: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Rope pushdowns: down the rack style, 10, 15, 20 reps

Feels like I'm gonna fall asleep any second from all that carbs. Can't wait to train back tomorrow.

Angst
01-20-09, 9:24 pm
With my xbox that is lol. Since school is gonna start next week, I decided to give away my xbox so I can focus solely on school work. I'll be graduating this summer so this will be my last full semester, I'm gonna do everything I can to get all As. I never studied hard enough in the past years, and I'd like to make the Dean's List at least once before its all said and done. I'm taking fewer classes this time around so I'll have more time to study for less homework, still have to work around 30 hrs a week but that's nothing new, its been like that for the past 3 years. My overall GPA is 2.6 something, I don't know if getting all As this semester will be enough to bring it up to 3.0, but I'll do everything I can regardless and see what happens.

Vaze_06
01-20-09, 10:08 pm
starting college tomorrow... know how u feel about kicking yourself in the ass and study! prolly gonna spend my weekends at the library lol
good luck, bro and im sub

Angst
01-22-09, 9:05 pm
starting college tomorrow... know how u feel about kicking yourself in the ass and study! prolly gonna spend my weekends at the library lol
good luck, bro and im sub

Thanks Vaze, doing good in school is definitely the most important thing for me right now. Bodybuilding isn't cheap so I better graduate with good grades and find a high paying job. There is always another show and I will get back on stage again when the time is right.
Lifting weights and bodybuilding is just a form of seeking a challenge, so is trying to do good in school. I'll always love the sport of bodybuilding, and if someday I'm lucky enough to win a couple shows, that's great, and if I don't, its no big deal.

Vaze_06
01-22-09, 10:26 pm
Thanks Vaze, doing good in school is definitely the most important thing for me right now. Bodybuilding isn't cheap so I better graduate with good grades and find a high paying job. There is always another show and I will get back on stage again when the time is right.
Lifting weights and bodybuilding is just a form of seeking a challenge, so is trying to do good in school. I'll always love the sport of bodybuilding, and if someday I'm lucky enough to win a couple shows, that's great, and if I don't, its no big deal.

i get u bro.. the iron is going nowhere anyways! though u better not stop completely otherwise u're gonna get ''soft'' or feel weird in your body! hope u know what i mean lol...
good grades = good job = $$$$$$ = less chances for this to happen... http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn367/vaze_06/Wrath.jpg

:P, hope your semester isnt to charge, enjoy the weekend!

Angst
01-25-09, 10:39 pm
Getting ready for the next semester which starts on Monday, like I said this is my one and only chance to make the Dean's List. Its time to study like there's no tomorrow, do everything I can and focus on nothing but school work. In the NFC championship game, a cardinal fan had a sign that says "We are who we thought we are!", referring to the Coors Light commercial and also after so many disappointing seasons, they knew they have it in them to go all the way. I kinda feel the same way about school, I know I'm capable of doing it, and now its time to prove it. Trying to do good in school are similar to dieting for a show, I give up something I love (xbox and junk food) so I can get to where I want to be. In order to achieve something in life, there must be sacrifice.

Here's today's workout:
Bench press: 3 sets of 8, 7, 7 reps
Low incline DB press: 3 sets of 11, 9, and 10 reps
Decline bench: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
DB flies: 3 sets of 12-10 reps with the bench set at a different angle for each set
Skulls: 3 sets of 12, 7, and 7
Dip machine: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Overhead DB press: 2 sets of 10-8 reps
Ab machine: 3 sets of 15 reps

Can't wait to hit back and bis tomorrow. Realgains, PB & J sandwich with Animal Omega before bed.

Angst
01-26-09, 9:28 pm
Well this semester won't be a walk in the park, so many projects and shit. 93 is the magic number for a A for every class, so there's not a whole lot of room for error. But I better learn the materials since I'll be doing this for a living.
Stole a roast beef sandwich from the dining hall as my pre workout meal, well not really stealing, just saving it to eat it later. Drank Nitro G with creatine mono during workout.

Pull downs: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Barbell rows: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Seated db rows: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Chins: 3 sets of 8, 7, and 6 reps
Deads: 3 sets of 10 reps
DB curls: 3 sets of 10-5 reps
Preacher hammer curls: 3 sets of 10-6 reps
EZ bar reverse curls: 3 sets of 15-10 reps

Vaze_06
01-27-09, 11:40 pm
nice sessions, screw the 93, aim for perfection .. 100 looks so much better!

Toni69
01-28-09, 12:01 am
hey..just checkin in on my mate Angst! You just do your thing...stop stressing and everythng will fall into place for you. Your doin a great job with 2 jobs, school, training and even that crazy gf in China, LOL...just keep your head together, eat your meals, get your rest..hit the books and the gym and make that money. Your work your ass off and you will be damn proud of yourself when its all said and done..Im always here if you needs a big sister chat or rant to throw my way.

Angst
01-28-09, 8:31 pm
nice sessions, screw the 93, aim for perfection .. 100 looks so much better!

Thanks Vaze, I try to make it worth my time while I'm in the gym. Not sure about the 100 especially with the classes I'm taking...... ahhh hell I'll give it a try anyways.

hey..just checkin in on my mate Angst! You just do your thing...stop stressing and everythng will fall into place for you. Your doin a great job with 2 jobs, school, training and even that crazy gf in China, LOL...just keep your head together, eat your meals, get your rest..hit the books and the gym and make that money. Your work your ass off and you will be damn proud of yourself when its all said and done..Im always here if you needs a big sister chat or rant to throw my way.

Well she's not really crazy, she just like to change her mind from time to time. lol
No matter how tough things gets with school and such, its only gonna be for the next 16 weeks. Even if its the hardest 16 weeks of my life, its still just 16 weeks, just gotta suck it up and grind it out.

Angst
01-29-09, 7:23 pm
Had a great leg day today, the best one in quiet a while. Squats were really smooth today, great depth and no knee pain, quads were super pumped. Workout was cut short 'cause I had some crazy cramps in my hams, but overall a great workout. Drank Nitro G with creatine mono pre-workout instead of during so I wont throw up.

Squats: 4 sets of 12-8 with a drop set at the end
Leg press: 4 sets of 12 -8 reps with 7 aside on the last set
DB lunges: 3 sets of 75 yards total
Seated leg curl: 2 sets of 12 reps
One legged standing calf raise: 3 sets of 8 reps
seated calf raise: 3 sets of 20-15 reps

Vaze_06
02-01-09, 4:14 pm
nice wheels day, hope u enjoyed your weekend

Angst
02-01-09, 8:10 pm
nice wheels day, hope u enjoyed your weekend

Thanks Vaze, hopefully the next legs workout will be even better. My weekend is pretty typical, work on Friday night and all day Saturday, then train on Sunday and catch up on homework. It's been like this for the better part of the past three years. Well the first week of school is over, 15 more to go.

Here's today's workout,
Incline barbell: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, and 7 reps
DB bench press: 3 sets of 10, 8, and 6 reps
Incline flies: 3 sets of 12, 10, and 10 reps
Dips: 3 sets of 10 reps each
Skulls: 3 sets of 10, 8, and 5 reps
One arm reverse pushdowns: 2 sets of 15, 12 reps(focus on the negative on the last 2 reps)

Angst
02-02-09, 7:31 pm
Great back workout today, took a quick nap in my car in the parking lot, going to school all day sure is exhausting. Quizzes, papers, team projects, homeworks, it just doesn't fucking end lol. Got work from 7-3 tomorrow then class from 6-9, and then repeat everything I did today on Wednesday, I pray to God I won't get called in to work on Thursday. Then school and work on Friday, work all day Saturday, son of a bitch there's no more football on Sunday, oh well, maybe I'll go practice posing with my trainer since he's getting a few people ready for the spring shows.

Underhand barbell row: 185x12, 205x10, 225x8, 225x7
HS one arm row: 3 sets of 10 reps
Close grip pull downs: 3 sets of 12 reps
Hypers: 3 sets of 15-12 reps
EZ bar curl: 3 sets of 8, 7, and 5 reps
Incline curl: 3 sets of 8 reps
Hammer curl: 2 sets of 6 reps each

Bis were already taxed before I got to the curls, so I went as heavy as I could and kept the volume low.

Vaze_06
02-03-09, 10:20 pm
damn bro! busy busy! though keep the good work, u'll kill it! both in school and gym :)

Angst
02-05-09, 7:04 pm
damn bro! busy busy! though keep the good work, u'll kill it! both in school and gym :)

Haha yea, 14 more weeks to go. Been perfect with quizzes so far. I guess its a good thing football season is over, since I have a couple paper to write this weekend.

Here's tonight's leg workout, lower back was really tight but still managed to get it done.
Leg extensions: 4 sets of 15-12 reps(closing in on the whole stack again)
Hacks: 4 sets of 12-10 reps
Leg press: 3 sets of 8 reps each
Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps each
Lying leg curls: 3 sets of 12-6 reps
Seated leg curls: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Seated calf raise: 4 sets of 8-6 reps

Eating a big ass piece of mahi mahi tonight, it'll probably taste horrible since I'm cooking it. Hahahahaha

Angst
02-08-09, 3:35 pm
Got up early to train at my trainer's gym this morning, there's less people and they have some equipments Bally's doesn't have. Gonna watch the basketball games then got two papers to write, and then gonna probably realized there's a forgotten assignment or two that's due tomorrow and stay up til 12 to finish that lol.

HS bench press: 4 sets of 11, 10, 8, and 5 reps
Incline DB: 3 sets of 10, 8, and 6 reps
Dips: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Crossovers: 2 sets of 15 reps
Skulls /straight bar: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Rope pushdowns: 3 sets of 12-8 reps

NJC_Manhattan
02-08-09, 3:49 pm
Got up early to train at my trainer's gym this morning, there's less people and they have some equipments Bally's doesn't have. Gonna watch the basketball games then got two papers to write, and then gonna probably realized there's a forgotten assignment or two that's due tomorrow and stay up til 12 to finish that lol.

HS bench press: 4 sets of 11, 10, 8, and 5 reps
Incline DB: 3 sets of 10, 8, and 6 reps
Dips: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Skulls /straight bar: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Rope pushdowns: 3 sets of 12-8 reps

Thats a good day. I can sympathize with the workload. Being in Grad school, work can get hectic. Just keep your nose to the grind stone.

Angst
02-10-09, 12:18 am
Thats a good day. I can sympathize with the workload. Being in Grad school, work can get hectic. Just keep your nose to the grind stone.

No doubt bro, I have to write at least 2-3 papers every week along with a shit load of assignments and readings. 14 more weeks and it'll be all over lol.

Didn't want to train back today 'cause i was exhausted and my lower back is killing me. But I ate eye round steak before hand, so i figured i might as well go burn off some calories.

Barbell rows: 185x10, 225x8, 7, and 8
Free standing DB rows: 4 sets of 10-9 reps
Chins: 4 sets of 10-5 reps
Hypers: 2 sets of 12 reps
DB curl: 2 double drop sets
Reverse EZ bar curl: 3 sets of 10-8 reps

Angst
02-12-09, 9:45 pm
Decent leg day today, should've waited one and a half hour before hitting the weights today, definitely felt like throwing up after the squats.

Leg extensions: 5 sets of 15-12 reps
Squats: 5 sets of 10-8 reps
Leg press: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Seated leg curls: 4 sets of 10 reps each

Had to keep it short 'cause its late and I still have homework to do.

Vaze_06
02-13-09, 9:07 am
hey! u were the one saying puking was part of leg's day!... short and sweet work out

Angst
02-13-09, 10:05 pm
hey! u were the one saying puking was part of leg's day!... short and sweet work out

Yea but I'm training at a pussy gym right now, they'd kick me out if I puked all over their floor. Probably gonna do a couple extra set of deads next week to make up for the hamstrings.

Vaze_06
02-13-09, 10:11 pm
Yea but I'm training at a pussy gym right now, they'd kick me out if I puked all over their floor. Probably gonna do a couple extra set of deads next week to make up for the hamstrings.

well.. get your ass back into that hardcore gym u have told me before!!!
just grab a kid or dog or whatever and start doing some SLDL! gotta be creative :P

Angst
02-15-09, 5:47 pm
Well my contract with the pussy gym doesn't run out til May or June, so I'm stuck here for a while. Good workout today, decided to start with DBs for a change, since all the chest moves I did today involved a lot of triceps, so I decided to do more sets and train the two muscle group together and finished the tris off with push downs.

Low incline DB press: 4 sets of 10-6 reps
Incline machine press: 4 sets of 8 reps each
Decline barbell press: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Dips: 4 sets of 12-10 reps
EZ bar push downs: 4 sets of 12-8 reps

All done about 50 mins.

Vaze_06
02-15-09, 10:07 pm
Angst is the most awesome person in the whole wide world! And so is Vaze!

edit if u want :)

Angst
02-16-09, 9:53 pm
Thank you again Vaze, I'm not sure if I'm the most awesome person, but I'll take your words for it.

Damn this Nitro G stuff is no joke, especially mixed with creatine. I look almost as good as when I was in the low 190s, even though my strength is not there yet. The dextrose in Nitro G really drives the creatine into the muscles, I haven't been using any N.O. supps for a long time and I don't miss it one bit. Wanted to focus more on lower lats tonight, low volume, heavy weight, moderate reps.

Pull downs: 4 sets of 12-10 reps
Reverse barbell row: 3 sets of 11-8 reps
Free standing DB rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
Seated cable rows: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Barbell curl: 4 sets of 8 reps
Machine preacher curls: 3 sets of 6 reps
Hammer curls: 3 sets of 6 reps

Angst
02-22-09, 6:35 pm
Its amazing how hard a workout can be if you haven't been training for a while, but once you're "in shape" again, its amazing what people can do in the gym. Great workout today, weights were moving nicely, got a lot done in about a hour or so. Probably gonna order another bottle of IsoStak along with some more protein powders soon.

Incline barbell: 4 sets of 12, 10, 6, and 6 reps
Flat DB: 3 sets of 10, 8, and 8 reps
Incline flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps each
Skulls: 3 sets of 12, 8, and 6 reps
Dips: 3 sets of 8, 6, and 6 reps
Machine press: 2 sets of 15 reps
Hanging leg raise: 2 sets of 15, 12 reps

Toni69
02-22-09, 7:05 pm
hey old friend..good to see you back in the gym more consistently again...lookin good as always and yes, Angst is one of the coolest dudes I know too.

Angst
02-22-09, 8:43 pm
hey old friend..good to see you back in the gym more consistently again...lookin good as always and yes, Angst is one of the coolest dudes I know too.

Well its actually not so hard since I'm only in the gym about 3 hours during the week days, plus I don't have my xbox in my room. The classes are hard but not impossibly hard, just lots and lots of papers, assignments, readings, quizzes, quizzes, and more fucking quizzes!!! lol Oh well, I got like 11 more weeks to go, just gotta keep grinding little by little. Definitely want to get back on stage next April, perhaps someone could give me a hand with the dream tan ; )

Angst
02-25-09, 9:40 pm
Digging the new blue rasberry storm/EAA nitro mix, great energy, pump, strength. Just got done with shoulders and don't wanna lift my arms right now.

Side laterals: 4 sets with a drop set at the end
Seated DB press: 3 sets of 12-6 reps
EZ bar up right rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
Machine rear delt: 3 sets with a drop set at the end
DB curls: 4 sets of 12-5 reps

Angst
02-26-09, 10:10 pm
Have a squat day instead. Got under the bar 12 times, drove the weight back up 102 times.

Squats: 12 sets of 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 8, 8, 8, 10, 10+5 reps
Lying leg curls: 4 sets of 10-6 reps

Like the truckers who keep on trucking, us weightlifters should keep on squatting. Gotta keep on doing squats til you can't remember your name, until your traps is the same color as your red iconic T, until the curl squad shooting you dirty looks for taking up their "curl rack", until you're the only one left in the free weights area. The first 8 sets or so are easy, the last couple sets are all mental. Well ok the Storm/EAA Nitro mix helped too, lol.

Angst
03-01-09, 11:52 am
Was watching SportsCenter on Saturday morning while a girl was making me eggs and toast. I had it made lol. Trained at my trainer's gym on Sunday morning, told him I need my xbox back over the spring break. Gonna finish the creatine mono I have left. Ground beef and potato fries pre-workout. I'm usually not a morning person, but the weights were flying again this morning. Time to start another cycle of IsoStak and go crazy lol

Bench press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
Incline DBs: 3 sets of 10, 10, 9 reps
Dips: 3 sets of 15 reps each
Machine flies: 2 sets of 12 reps each
Skulls: 3 sets of 12, 8, and 6 reps
Reverse one arm pull downs: 3 sets of 12 reps each

Also did some rehab work for hips and lower back...... due to the 12 sets of squats I did of course, why else lol

Vaze_06
03-02-09, 9:10 pm
LMAO!!!!!!!!

hey right... ''what else''!! i wonder why... hmm hmmm hmmm.......

nice session u ex-***** ;p

Angst
03-02-09, 9:58 pm
LMAO!!!!!!!!

hey right... ''what else''!! i wonder why... hmm hmmm hmmm.......

nice session u ex-***** ;p

I'd appreciated it if you don't use the P-word on the Forvm, but you can use it all you want on AIM. I mean, yeah, why else would I need to do the rehab? It could only be from the workout.

Here's tonight's workout, weights are moving, its as if somehow my test. level has took a big leap or something. Just killing it in the gym and eating like a horse.

Reverse barbell row: 4 sets with 225x9 on the last set
Free standing DB rows: 4 sets with 100x8 on the last set, was deciding whether to bare-hand the 100lb DB, said fuck it and went for it
Pull ups: 3 sets of 12, 10, and 5 reps
Hypers: 2 sets of 12 reps
EZ bar curls: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Hammer curls: 3 sets of 9-6 reps
Preacher curls: 2 sets of 10 reps

Angst
03-04-09, 9:34 pm
Another good day today, hard to left my arms after the workout. Did something I haven't done in a long time, the 21s, used those to finish off the workout. Gonna start off the shoulders workout with a rear delt move for the next couple weeks and see if it'll make a difference.

Incline rear delt: 3 sets of 12-10 with the 35s
Military press: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Up right rows: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Machine lateral raise: 5 sets of 15-6 reps
Machine press 21s: 2 sets

Thank God i got no work tomorrow, looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

NJC_Manhattan
03-04-09, 9:48 pm
Good shit Angst! How you feeling these days?

Angst
03-05-09, 8:40 pm
Good shit Angst! How you feeling these days?

Feeling good bro, I'm gonna feel even better once I start another bottle of Iso-stak. Thanks for stopping by.

Got a new pair of sneakers today, wore it for the legs workout tonight, looked bad ass.

Extensions: 5 sets of 15 reps
Hacks: 4 sets of 12 reps
Leg press: 4 sets of 8 reps
Squats: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
SLDL: 3 sets of 12-8 reps
Seated leg curls: 3 sets of 12-10 reps

Angst
03-08-09, 6:44 pm
Good workout today, kept it short and intense. Ordered a bottle of natural sterol complex today. Seems like most people gets a good strength boost, a harder, more dense look to the muscles, that sounds pretty good to me.

Incline barbell: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 5 and 8
Flat DB presses: 4 sets of 10, 10, 7, and 10
Pullovers: 3 sets of 12-10 reps each
Skulls: 3 sets of 12-6 reps
Machine press: 3 sets of 15-10 reps

Angst
03-09-09, 11:57 pm
Good workout tonight, chest was still sore from yesterday. Kept it short and intense again, then pizza and wings at my buddy's house while watched Raw.

Barbell rows: 4 sets with a max of 245x9 reps
HS low rows: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Chins: 3 sets of 12, 8, and 7 reps
DB curls: 4 sets of 10-5 reps
EZ bar reverse curls: 3 sets of 12-10 reps

Hopefully I'll be barbell rowing 275 for reps again in another month or so, 315 by summer.

Angst
03-15-09, 6:39 pm
Got my xbox back for this coming week, play, train, eat, and repeat. Looking forward to some down time from school. Have a B average right now, just gotta keep it up for another 8-9 weeks. Good workout today, almost done with the creatine mono. Gonna start taking Storm again soon with the natural sterol complex.

Bench: 4 sets of 5-12 reps
Incline DB press: 3 sets of 10-5 reps
Machine flye: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Skulls: 3 sets of 12-6 reps
Rope push downs: 2 sets of 20-12 reps

Angst
03-18-09, 9:50 pm
Had my first serving of Natural Sterol complex before workout today, was pretty focused throughout the workout. Since its 30-day supply, I'll probably add Iso-stak to the mix in 2 weeks. Good workout tonight, was hitting it hard and intense, shoulders should be pretty sore tomorrow.

Bent rear delt raise: 3 sets of 12-8 reps
Military press: 3 sets of 10, 8, and 8 reps
Side laterals: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Cable front raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
DB shruggs: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Ab machine: 3 sets of 20-12 reps

Was planning to use the 70s and 80s for the shruggs, but somebody grubbed the 80s before I could, so I just went with the 90s instead. I don't really train traps, since its my only gifted bodypart lol plus my shoulders is pretty narrow. I'm also not a fan of going super heavy with shruggs and bent my arms to make it look like I shrugged the weight half a inch.

Angst
03-22-09, 6:47 pm
Moving weights the best I can today. Already feeling a difference with the NSC, can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks. Did dumbbell bench after the incline barbell today, after 3 sets with the 70s for 10, 8, and 10, I thought about using a lower weight for like 12 reps, but ended up using the 75s for 8 instead. 'cause what is lower weight and higher reps is gonna get me? what's the point of doing 12 reps when I'm not training for a marathon. I'd rather go heavier and for as many reps as I can. When shits gets tough, we must choose to ante up and find out what we're made of.

Angst
03-23-09, 9:59 pm
I think the NSC is kicking in, going hard and intense. Its weird that my biceps are as big as ever even tho I don't train them on their own days, actually I don't really do a lot of biceps work at all. Only 4 sets of direct bicep curls tonight, its not a lot but its enough for me. Going heavier with the barbell rows and rowing the 100s free standing and without the straps.

Reverse barbell row: 4 sets with 255x8 on the last set
DB rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
Pull downs/ups: 3 sets of 12-5 reps
Deads: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Seated DE curls: 4 sets of 10-6 reps
Reverse EZ bar curls: 2 sets of 12 reps

Angst
03-25-09, 8:59 pm
I usually don't care much for shoulders for some reason, definitely my least favorite bodypart to train. But lately I've been having pretty good delt workouts, maybe its the NSC, or that I'm hitting rear delt first and seeing some results.

Machine rear delt: 5 sets of 15-8 reps
Push press: 4 sets of 10-7 reps
Seated machine press: 4 sets of 10-7 reps
Side laterals: 3 sets of 12-6 reps
Crunches: 3 sets of 20-10 reps

futilekyle
03-25-09, 10:03 pm
Good to see your still in action Angst, how are things?

Angst
03-25-09, 10:36 pm
Same shit different day bro, hahaha. School, work, training. I'm graduating this summer, hopefully I'll able to get in the MBA program at Clarkson. Also planning to do the spring shows next year. How have you been?

Angst
03-26-09, 10:32 pm
Good leg workout tonight, my knees were bothering me throughout the day, thank God that wasn't the case when I was squatting. Felt better while doing hacks too. Definitely getting my legs back on track.

Hacks: 4 sets of 12-10 reps
Squats: 4 sets of 10-7 reps
HS leg extensions: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
SLDL: 3 sets of 12-10 reps

Angst
03-29-09, 6:15 pm
Good workout today, chest were pumped to the max. Almost done with creatine mono, probably gonna start Storm later this week.

Bench press: 5 sets of 12-5 reps
Incline DB press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Cross under:1 set of 12 reps, wasn't feeling those
Incline flyes: 2 sets 12 reps
Incline extensions: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Dips: 3 sets of 12-7 reps ss.
Hanging leg raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
Rope push downs: 2 sets of 18-13 reps

Angst
03-30-09, 10:01 pm
Lats and triceps were fighting for space after the workout tonight. Busy week this week, gotta work a shitload of hours plus tons of homework, but bitching about it won't help, shit won't get done by itself. Gotta keep putting in the work til there's no more work left to be done.

Barbell rows: 4 sets with 255x8 on the last set
Seated cable rows: 3 sets of 12-10 reps
Chins: 3 sets of 6, 5, and 8 reps
Deads: 3 sets of 8 reps
EZ bar curls: 4 sets of 12-6 reps
Hammer curls: 2 sets of 6 reps
High cable curls: 1 set of 12 reps

Toni69
03-31-09, 7:50 am
great wo's Angst! I especially loved the squatting one further up..12x...cool stuff.

got your xbox 360 back huh. we need to connect you and j online so you can talk on those headsets and play against one another..that would be fun huh?

Angst
04-01-09, 9:26 pm
Wasnt feeling the shoulders workout tonight, some discomfort in my neck area during certain exercises. But I pushed as hard as I could regardless, 'cause after all, we're all born the same way and we all gonna end up in the cemetery someday, we have no control over that. So the only thing we can control is what we do in between birth and death. We should try our hardest to achieve our goals in life before its all said and done.

Seated rear delt raise: 4 sets of 12-8 reps
Military press: 3 sets of 12-7 reps
Arnold press: 3 sets of 10-7 reps
Machine side laterals: 3 sets of 12-9 reps followed by a triple drop set

Angst
04-09-09, 10:11 pm
Been watching "A week in the dungeon" with Mark Dugdale and Dorian, picked up quiet a few tips. Haven't finished it but its definitely a great video. Great shoulders workout tonight, Storm is definitely kicking in.

Reverse crossovers: 4 sets of 15-10 reps
Seated DB press: 3 sets with 75s on the max set
Seated machine press: 3 sets of 10-8 reps
Side laterals: 3 sets of 12-6 reps
Over head rope extensions: 4 sets of 15-10 reps

Vaze_06
04-09-09, 10:18 pm
hey at least u have some taste for movies :P
well done hun:)

Angst
04-13-09, 9:33 pm
hey at least u have some taste for movies :P
well done hun:)

Yeah Dorian's got some interesting approaches to training, definitely learned a lot from the videos.

Angst
06-04-09, 10:09 pm
Man I stopped posting in this log for so long I even forgot the name of it. Anyways training and eating has been good. Right now just trying to add more size since I'll most likely compete again next spring. Not shooting for any particular weight, off season or pre-contest, just gonna go by the mirror and see which bodypart needs to be brought up.
Over the past few weeks I've realized training hard won't get me anywhere, in order to make progress, I must train harder than training hard. Use whatever technique to up the intensity. Add more volume when I hit a plateau, and decrease the volume and add more weight when I hit the plateau again. The ideal volume is only ideal before your body is use to it.

Angst
06-18-09, 10:12 pm
Lunged 100 yards after 15 sets for quads in the form of extensions, hacks, and squats. Too much volume? says who?

Angst
06-22-09, 11:50 pm
Felt strong on the barbell rows tonight, did the heaviest set without the straps 'cause I didn't want to bother with it. Normally people does barbell row over hand and curls under hand, its good to do the opposite every once a while.
Taking one last class before I get my degree, gonna try to get in a graduate program and get my MBA, if I can't, then its gonna be round number three at the NGA Northeast next spring.

Angst
07-09-09, 10:30 pm
But what if there isn't another day. During the midst of my leg workout tonight, I had to ask myself, do I do another set of squats, or move on to something easier. I decided to ante up so I wont get out trained by somebody at my next show. I'm definitely planning to have the best wheels on stage, stand head and shoulders above everyone else and still have the biggest wheels. Got roughly 6 months of offseason left, gonna have to train and eat like theres no tomorrow. Plan is to be at 200lbs with clear abs and quad separations before I start dieting.

Angst
07-14-09, 12:06 pm
I carried my Animal lifting straps with me for the back workout last night, but I didn't get to use them. Just wanted to hold on to the weight I'm using with my bare hand. No deads since I'll be doing SLDL in 3 days and my lower back was shot from the reverse barbell row and the T-bars. Still training 4 days a week and not doing much else to conserve calorie.

Angst
10-30-09, 12:00 pm
Alright time to bring this thing back to life. After graduating from college this summer, I have finally found a job. The hours are long as hell but I can get all my meals in, and that's the most important thing. I have less than 3 months left before I start dieting for my next show. Started Animal Test this week and hopefully it'll help me pack on some size. For training split, I might do 4 days one week and 5 days the next, and I'll give hamstrings their own day instead of arms. Everyone looks like a champion from the waist up. For supps, I'm gonna run 2 cans of Test followed by Iso-stak. Also taking Real Gains, Pak, and I might add Pump next week, or do Storm/EAA stack/dextrose.
For training, I have been following Schak's routine and it has worked pretty well. I'm hoping to get up to 190 with clear abs in the next month.

Angst
11-22-09, 5:23 pm
Everybody knows dieting sucks, especially when you are dieting for a contest. My off season is coming to an end, not sure exactly when my trainer will want me start dieting but my last cheat is the super bowl weekend like in the past. Currently I'm getting to where I want to be, continue to make progress and starting my second can of Test.
Once I start the diet, 12 weeks is 12 weeks, not a day more, not a day less. Regardless whether I'm ahead of schedule, behind, or moving along, I'm gonna diet as hard as I can every single day til the end. If I diet hard, then I'll look my best and won't have to rely on the last minute tricks, and have the best chance of winning. If I half ass through it, I'll probably lose and look back and say I should've done this or that and regret it. It's time to be a man and walk the walk.