PDA

View Full Version : How Serious Are You?

Carpe Diem P.T
10-06-08, 12:47 am
I dont want to compete, im just happy having it as my way of life.

Do many of you guys aim to compete?

Themostocles
10-06-08, 1:06 am
I dont want to compete, im just happy having it as my way of life.

Do many of you guys aim to compete?

Not at the moment, but the road of life has many twists. -T.

Phil800101
10-06-08, 1:30 am
At some point in the future, I would like to pursue powerlifting.

sanga
10-06-08, 2:52 am
Never competed, crossed my mind a few times, never say never.

I do what I do for me and me alone for the way it makes my feel, look, me against the weights, a part of the weights, the look, the everything about it really, I love the lot, the training, diet, everything.

SA-Hulk
10-06-08, 5:55 am
I'm hoping to walk on stage next year - but i want to look like a pro on an amateur stage - not the other way around.
So i gotta have good mass, and won't walk on stage if i dont look thick enough.

J Wong
10-06-08, 6:15 am
I will be competing in powerlifting meets as soon as soon as the raw federation comes around here. I also might be joining the weightlifting team at school that competes in the bench press and clean and jerks with other schools, I just need to get clean and jerks down. I currently train brazillian jiu jitsu, and I will be starting a striking art eventually, and hopefully get good enough to fight in some MMA matches.

bdb1513
10-06-08, 8:38 am
one day...i'd like to do an amateur show, just once to do it. maybe in the next 5 years or so. but for now, i'm just happy doing my thing

IRBS
10-06-08, 9:00 am
I compete in Powerlifting in the SPF and APF currently.

SQUAT or DIE!
10-06-08, 9:02 am
i compete in powerlifting, ISAA and soon to be several other feds...

InkdMuscle
10-06-08, 11:11 am
u know i never wanted to compete. I just wanted to become a large freak. but after hitt'n the gym like always and going to the ABC's, friends and close ANIMALS suggested that I should at least do one show. I am putting on good size, so they think if i do juat that one show it would really ignite the fire under my ass to improve that much better. Now i just need to pick a show.

wedge
10-06-08, 12:05 pm
I'm gearing up for my second strength games competition this weekend. Would like to step on stage at some point, but don't want to do it just to do it. I want to do it with a legitimate shot at taking it all.
Until then, I'll see you in the gym.

JUGGERNAUT
10-06-08, 12:34 pm
I did do 2 bodybuilding shows at one point in my life. I did well in both because I held a construction job and powerlifted after work at an awesome warehouse style, "hand made" gym. Yes, the gym owner was a welder and had the most unique shit.

I give credit to the powerlifting side of my training because it was the only thing that helped me build size having such a taxing day job. (My cardio was "built in" with the day job)

This said I'm going to hit my first Powerlifting meet in under a year from today. I still see it this way, if training is your life-force, what you do with it is secondary to the gratification of training in the first place.

smith06
10-06-08, 12:36 pm
I dont want the dry veiny look. Dont get me wrong vascularity is great, but its not what I'm aiming for. I just wanna be huge, with a slightly lower than average bodyfat. I don't plan on ever competing. But like the guys above said...never say never.

zanderfever
10-06-08, 12:38 pm
Very serious. I have my first powerlifting meet in 5 days, I plan on competing in bodybuilding in '09 maybe and then Strongman in a few years. I'm insane...

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-06-08, 12:47 pm
2009 i begin my quest for powerlifting. got some decent numbers now. i plan on competing raw to start

Maccabee
10-06-08, 1:37 pm
I compete with myself every day and thats the way it should be for every one here. You dont need a judge telling you your a champion or that your good. Put in 100% effort every day and thats all that counts.

wedge
10-06-08, 3:10 pm
I compete with myself every day and thats the way it should be for every one here. You dont need a judge telling you your a champion or that your good. Put in 100% effort every day and thats all that counts.

Good point.

ranger_kyle
10-06-08, 3:16 pm
I have thought about competing in powerlifting eventually. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Ya never know. I am planning on competing in the highland games in the next few years.

BiG in NYC 823
10-06-08, 3:19 pm
Very serious. I have my first powerlifting meet in 5 days, I plan on competing in bodybuilding in '09 maybe and then Strongman in a few years. I'm insane...

You are insane bro!!

Get some good pics, I wanna see 'em posted up and/or at the NYC ABC!!

Very true. Well said.

I myself, have had the thought of competing cross my mind numerous times. I wish I had chosen so earlier as now with 1 child and 1 on the way, it will be extremely difficult to do so.
Impossible? ...NO, but difficult nonetheless.

I hope to compete one day, as my nutrition and training are getting MUCH better, but we'll see...I am still young and life can throw many things your way..

Sindeaver
10-06-08, 5:25 pm

Good luck at your first meet. Let us know how it goes.

geneticfrk
10-06-08, 5:41 pm
def lookin to compete next year, though the road to victory isnt always a straight one

futurefreak101
10-06-08, 6:53 pm
i really dont care if i compete...it would be great if i did...i just wanna be a walking freak to be honest.

The Young One
10-06-08, 8:09 pm
yeah, in about 6-7 years when im a solid 250-275 i plan on competing and hopefully get sponsored by Universal or any company would be awesome

zanderfever
10-06-08, 10:48 pm
Good luck at your first meet. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Sin. I plan on it.

Ironjaw
07-21-09, 12:35 am
I've Done 3 BodyBuilding shows.... atm im makin my way back onto the path .... but if i have the dough for it ... in 2010 you will see me onstage once again .... but also ive found some new light at the end of the tunnel .... strongman .... so i think im going to give that a whirl as well .... i like being a jack of all trades and i feel if you got the drive then floor it to ya next destination ... ya digg??

Muscleguy93
07-21-09, 12:42 am
well i started lifting when I am 14 and I'm turin 16 in august. My plan is to compete when i am 18-20 yrs old, for bodybuilding.

Bard of Rage
07-21-09, 3:16 am
One of these days I'd like to enter a bodybuilding competition. Though I need to put more effort into what I'm doing before I think I'm remotely ready.

Shamus11B
07-21-09, 4:01 am
I want to be both strong as a moose and look good as hell. I dont think i have the proper skeletal make up to really go too far in competition due to my barrel chest but that doesnt exclude me from some day trying it out.

J Wong
07-21-09, 8:38 am
Heres an update, I posted in this thread along time ago. I have competed in two powerlifting meets since then, and I have 4 more planned this year. I competed in 6 weightlifting meets for my high school in only a month and a half. (C&J and bench). I've also competed in 3 BJJ tournaments.

Firefist
07-21-09, 9:19 am
like ox says, i am the trophy. and getting my ass out of the computer chair and into the gym was a win in my book. but seriously though....

i plan to come in in 2010 and take the overall at the cardinal classic, I aint talkin out of my ass either. The overall winner last year looked like a taller amatuer version of GK so i know what to expect. Its natural show and the competition is not thin by any means. Ill be a middle leaning more towards light heavy on stage at around 180 ish. Like someone previously stated, i want to look like a pro on the amateur stage and i still have a few things i need to improve. It dont mean anything if i place next year, i want to win the whole thing, and i am putting everything into it.

strivin for more
07-21-09, 10:18 am
well i started lifting when I am 14 and I'm turin 16 in august. My plan is to compete when i am 18-20 yrs old, for bodybuilding.

x2
started liftin at around 14, turn 16 in sept.
i was waitin to see where i go senior year in highschool, but if not then prolly sometime in college.

CommoDick
08-05-09, 5:46 am
The thought has crossed my mind a time or two...but of course who hasn't. my line of work coupled with my family doesn't allow me time to train for a bodybuilding meet, but on the other hand I would like to compete in powerlifting someday...when the time is right.

BubbyLight
08-05-09, 7:42 am
dont wanna compete. do it for my self respect and to get stronger at the sports i already play

mustgetbig
08-05-09, 7:51 pm
i cant wait for the day i finally get to compete but im not where i wanna be body wise just yet but soon enough i will be

TigerAce01
08-05-09, 8:10 pm
I think we all compete every single day, no matter what training program, routine, or approach we have to lifting.

I like to think I'm competing against myself day in and day out. I think we all compete with ourselves...when you're at the end of a workout when you've had a long day and you don't want to do another rep, or run another meter, or do another burpee (check my journey)...and you dig down deep and get it done.

...could you have done that without wanting to be better? Could you do that without the competition of self improvement? We all have our journeys...and we are always striving to be better.

The mark of a serious competitor is not winning, getting on stage, or having the fastest time...it is whether or not the athlete you are today can beat the athlete you were yesterday.

-Ace

Alk
08-06-09, 6:46 pm
I'd like to compete in some bodybuilding competitions eventually...

but I know I'm pretty far away from stepping onto a stage