PDA

View Full Version : Animal Nitro vs. Universal Intra-Aid

Histo55
10-08-08, 7:03 pm
Hey boys! just wonderin what the difference is between animal nitro and intra aid. I know they both contain the same amino acids and that intra aid has some carbs, protein but should a guy take both at the same time? if not which one do ya'll recommend??

Roland
10-08-08, 7:07 pm
Intra-aid is targeted SPECIFICALLY for intra-workout nutrition, it has aminos, beta alanine, pro+cho. Nitro is just amino acids, no pro+cho combination. You can take it though before or after your workout.

J-Dawg
10-10-08, 9:18 am
You could add extra EAAs on top of Intra-Aid, but personally, I feel that Intra-Aid is already complete intra-workout nutrition as it has hydro whey, CHO, fEAAs, electrolytes and other ergogenics in the right amounts for BBers. You could always take Nitro PRE and/or PWO.

Universal Rep
10-10-08, 9:27 am
Animal Nitro is an EAA (essential amino acid) supp that comes in capsule form (each dose in a "pack").

Intra-Aid is a complete drink mix (protein, carbs, amino acids including EAAs, electrolytes, ergogenics) that's targeted for the "intraworkout" period--that is, to be used when you're lifting.

I would use Animal Nitro pre- or post-workout, and Intra-Aid during the workout.

If you have solid intraworkout nutrition already, then consider Nitro. If not, then go with Intra-Aid.

Same as with Torrent. If you have a solid PWO nutrition protocol, no need for Torrent (unless you flat out love the taste--which many do). But if it's lacking, I'd go with Torrent over Animal Nitro. Hope this makes sense.

Histo55
10-10-08, 10:29 am
thanks for the info....prolly gonna roll with intra aid during workout, nitro after workout, then half an hour later just some plain ole whey protein with a banana...thanks again

Universal Rep
10-10-08, 10:35 am
thanks for the info....prolly gonna roll with intra aid during workout, nitro after workout, then half an hour later just some plain ole whey protein with a banana...thanks again

That's a solid supp protocol. What comes after the whey/banana?

PORTERHOUSE
10-13-09, 5:39 pm
I already take Nitro pre and post work out, but with all I always read about how you can never have too many amino's, Im thinking of using intra aid in addition to nitro. Would this be beneficial or overkill? or would the amino's compete with each other?

Hercules
10-13-09, 6:56 pm
I do it - I take Nitro pre (not post) with IntraAid during and it works fine. No, the amino acids don't compete and I never think essential nutrition (like EAAs) is overkill.

Littlefry
10-14-09, 8:29 am
I would also say your fine mine. Nitro is all aminos, where as intra-aid is a mix of a couple of essential nutreints needed during a workout.

Aggression
10-14-09, 9:15 am
I always went with the 'you can never have too many BCAAs'. Then I read something, somewhere, about taking too many BCAAs and how the body will see them as glycogen, thus storing them as body fat.

In the off-season, I'm gun-ho for BCAA's. I take EAA Nitro pre/post, Intra-Aid during, and 1-2 servings of BCAA/EAA stack throughout the day. When dieting for a show, I use Nitro post cardio, and pre/post workout.

Wasteland
10-14-09, 11:41 am
I already take Nitro pre and post work out, but with all I always read about how you can never have too many amino's, Im thinking of using intra aid in addition to nitro. Would this be beneficial or overkill? or would the amino's compete with each other?

Nitro is EAA-specific and targets anabolism via protein synthesis mainly. Intra-Aid is a complete intraworkout supplement that also contains CHO which can help with other things, such as anti-catabolism. Therefore, it's not overkill, depending on your needs, your goals and your budget.

TheTinyHulk
02-05-10, 7:40 am
Tried searching for something on this but didn't find much.

I'm looking into a workout time stack of

ST
Intra-Aid
Torrent

I've taken both the ST and Torrent before, my question is more based on the Intra-Aid. Is the Intra-Aid a suitable replacement for Nitro?

naturalguy
02-05-10, 8:36 am
Intra-Aid could replace your Nitro if you were taking it during the workout.

Intra-Aid has free form EAA's in (like Nitro) plus you get high quality hydrolyzed whey and other key amino's (beta alanine) plus carbs & electrolytes

TheTinyHulk
02-05-10, 10:32 am
Yea, I took my Nitro during and after my workout. Sounds good.

Beowulf
02-05-10, 2:00 pm
Slightly off topic... What's the best Intra-Aid flavor? What should I try?

mritter3
02-06-10, 11:13 am
Hey boys! just wonderin what the difference is between animal nitro and intra aid. I know they both contain the same amino acids and that intra aid has some carbs, protein but should a guy take both at the same time? if not which one do ya'll recommend??

animal nitro is something you take pre and pwo, intra aid you take during your workout so you stay strong and focused....2 entirely different products.

DA GOVNA
02-06-10, 1:24 pm
stick with a pre and post. "intra" is overrated.

prowrestler
02-07-10, 2:21 am
stick with a pre and post. "intra" is overrated.

intra workout is actually a really important time to focus on nutrition/ supplementation.

twoheadedboy
02-10-10, 6:49 pm
Is Nitro made redundant by using Intra-Aid or would there still be value in supplementing w/Nitro after the workout? Planning a bit of a bulk and Torrent will be a part of the stack too.

ironshaolin
02-10-10, 6:54 pm
Use them both!!!

Try taking Nitro before the workout, maybe 15 mins or so, then intra-aid during.

C.Coronato
02-12-10, 2:26 pm
Intra Aid flushes your body with the nutrients you need during working out. Nitro will give you all the extra aminos to keep you running smoothly, and Torrent will have your protein, carbs, creatine, ect for your recovery.