PDA

View Full Version : Where are you going with all this?

sanga
10-09-08, 3:50 am
Have you seriously thought about where you are going with your training, dieting, lifting life?

I`m not talking about why you do this, why you train as such but more the result.

Is it to hold that trophy above your head and say "At last I have won the Nationals, I can take it easy"

For me I have no end result, I have not competed, crossed my mind a few times, especially of late now I`m cut, I don`t compete at powerlifting meets, I don`t own my own gym so where am I going with all of this consistant training, dieting and way of life?

I really for the life of me can not answer this at all, I have asked myself this question a hell of a lot, close friends and family ask me too, because I love it I say, there is no end result for me as I will always strive for more and for consistancy.

It is a way of life, a must have, a constant everyday, meals like clockwork, mega intense gym sessions, cardio sessions that are becoming less boring as time goes on, I can`t see an end result, there isn`t one, I just keep going, more cut, bigger, stronger, its a way of life and that is the be all and end all for me.

Carpe Diem P.T
10-09-08, 4:07 am
hey sanga. this looks very much like my 'how serious are you' thread from a few days ago ;)

how serious are you? : http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21066

sanga
10-09-08, 4:16 am
Ahhh right, ok can a watchman merge the threads please.

Thanks Carpe Diem P.T

Carpe Diem P.T
10-09-08, 4:43 am
lol not a worry. just thought i would beat a watchman to it.

i am constantly having my threads merged!

im with you though. the way of life. i dont know about cardio sessions becoming less boring though. lol u freak!

sanga
10-09-08, 7:23 am
They would be bliss if I was in OZ like you mate, I loved Brisbane, I`d do my cardio (walking) outdoors.

Carpe Diem P.T
10-09-08, 8:39 am
heh yeah its awesome. i am up at 5 tomorrow to help my boss run the commando course. its already warm by then and the suns shining.

when were u in brisbane?

Medford
10-09-08, 10:59 am
enjoy the process, results will come

sanga
10-09-08, 11:12 am
I was in Brisbane in 2004, flew in stayed 2 nights, hired a car and drove up to Caines over 12 days stopping as I went to see everything, Whit sundays, Fraiser Island etc, I loved it, best place I`ve ever been.

jordo
10-09-08, 7:41 pm
Since I am smaller (5'10 165lbs), I'll probably be asking myself the "question" once I become an animal. (200lb+, benching over 300lbs)

Until then, train + diet , be happy with life!

shizz702
10-09-08, 7:48 pm
For me it's just a way of life. It's all about keeping a positive attitude, being healthy, and happy. I think it translates into a succesful, positive lifestyle, cause all the discipline we utilize by setting and achieving goals with our strength and physiques demonstrates a strong, productive sense of character. Where I'm going with it is I want to be that middle age guy that looks good and is still strong as fuck, showing what a lifetime of lifting can do for someone. I just plan to keep on living my life and doing this as my hobby. Also I plan on going the powerlifting route, so we'll see where that takes me.

Carpe Diem P.T
10-09-08, 8:03 pm
Since I am smaller (5'10 165lbs), I'll probably be asking myself the "question" once I become an animal. (200lb+, benching over 300lbs)

Until then, train + diet , be happy with life!

if you work hard to attain those goals, you are already an animal. If you give up half way because it gets too hard, then you are not an animal.

Psycho77
10-09-08, 8:09 pm
me.......compete................don't think so. I do this shit coz I love it. Its a way of life. I like to look at fully loaded bars and say 'I can do that'

MojoMike36
10-09-08, 8:12 pm
Lifting is just the means through which I've chosen to satisfy a need. I could play football. I could play lacrosse (and I may). I could play basketball. Bottom line is: I need challenge. Its part of who I am.

I was shootin the shit with my friends today outside and we were talking about random stuff. Somehow lifting became the topic and I started chiming in quite a bit. After talking about it for a few minutes my buddies were exclaiming how much they hate working out. I couldn't believe it. Lifting is usually the high light of my day.

ROC1291
10-09-08, 8:28 pm
There's always progress...
You can better yourself no matter what. You're never strong enough. You're never lean enough.

futurefreak101
10-13-08, 9:02 pm
i wanna be a fucking freak.

Psycho77
10-16-08, 10:58 am
i wanna be a fucking freak.

x100 brother!

Mr.Chaos
07-16-09, 6:41 am
It just comes down to you man. Its all about YOU. Your life and what direction you want it to take. Iam sure one day it will all add up and make sense. Things that do make sense rarely seem like they make any sense at all at the time we do them...