PDA

View Full Version : Insane Leg Workout...wow

Mizzarler
10-13-08, 1:38 am
this guy is the shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ6Vuzh-bTU&feature=related

Cstlfx
10-13-08, 1:59 am
I have to say that is pretty crazy. I need to post his "warm-up" that he did right before the video you posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFW0_PtonFs

Cause I was wondering why the hell he was so tired.

When he did the leg press for the second time, in your video, I was like, why the hell is screaming like that? I didnt realize the trainers added 10 more plates on to the rack! Haha.

Above all else, I liked the video cause he turns to the camera and say "Are you sure you want to bodybuild? Aint no miracle in a bottle here, only pain."

Mizzarler
10-13-08, 2:00 am
2 circuits is all it took, High intensity would be an understatement

Cstlfx
10-13-08, 2:47 am
It reminded me a lot of Yates style of training, just in circuit style. Definitely a different approach from what I'm used to. I guess its a warm-up to get as much blood into the legs as possible, then doing a crazy ass, heavy circuit. I think i'd puke.

powerhouse
10-13-08, 1:02 pm
i remember talking to him on bodyspace lol sick

Ronnie Chop
10-13-08, 2:09 pm
I've never been a big fan of yelling but do what you gotta do....

Enforcer
10-13-08, 2:37 pm
I'm gonna hit this leg workotu tommorow to see how tough it really is

McFly
10-13-08, 2:56 pm
that's a lot of yelling there LOL

Enforcer
10-13-08, 3:32 pm
Warm Up:
Leg Extensions: 1 x 50
Seated Leg Press: 1 x 35- 2pps
Seated Hamstring Curls: 1 x 20
Hack Squats: 1 x 20
Leg Extensions: 1 x 12

Working Set:
Leg Extensions: 1 x 10
Hack Squats: 1 x 18- 3pps
Leg Press: 1 x 4- 10 pps
Leg Extensions: 1 x 4
Leg Press: 1 x 18- 7 pps

BTW is it just me or did he sound like Sloth from the Goonies...lmao...Baby Ruth

Mizzarler
10-13-08, 3:36 pm
I'm gonna hit this leg workotu tommorow to see how tough it really is

i'll pray for you tonight lol, good luck

Enforcer
10-13-08, 3:38 pm
i'll pray for you tonight lol, good luck

Hitting it tommrow night. Keep you posted

prowrestler
10-14-08, 11:42 am
ya, takes balls but im not too impressed, not a single barbell movement in the whole workout which is one of my pet peeves.

i guarantee you he'd be breathing as hard if he did 20 rep squats atg instead of that workout.

im not a fan of the circuit type of training, heavy and hard.

but he is still tuff, hands down, just not my type of thing

Mizzarler
10-14-08, 7:22 pm
im sure he does squats prowrestler, i had just never seen circuit training that intense before, esp for legs, enforcer tell us how it went when you make it home! if you can type lol

Littlefry
10-14-08, 9:31 pm
man that was a solid leg workout to say the least

Enforcer
10-15-08, 9:06 am
ya, takes balls but im not too impressed, not a single barbell movement in the whole workout which is one of my pet peeves.

i guarantee you he'd be breathing as hard if he did 20 rep squats atg instead of that workout.

im not a fan of the circuit type of training, heavy and hard.

but he is still tuff, hands down, just not my type of thing

Trust me bro hard and heavy is all I know. Ask anyone who has read my journey, but every so often you have to throw a change up like this into your workout to promote some new growth. If you do the same shit everytime you go into the gym, your body is going to become too accustomed to it and you'll stop seeing progress. In this sport you have to be open minded to anything. Try something once, if you don't feel anything then move onto the next thing. Trial and error bro.

im sure he does squats prowrestler, i had just never seen circuit training that intense before, esp for legs, enforcer tell us how it went when you make it home! if you can type lol

Workout was def some rough shit. I used all the same weights/reps that he did. It was hard and the pump was massive, but idk if all that yelling was necessary. Maybe it was just for the camera, idk. But I wasn't yelling like that. Sweating my ass off- yes, breathing heavy- yes, a lil light headed- yes, but grunting like sloth from the Goonies- no...lol. All in all it was a great workout and a nice lil change up. My legs are feeling the effcts a lil bit today that for sure...lol

McFly
10-15-08, 9:20 am
but idk if all that yelling was necessary. Maybe it was just for the camera, idk. But I wasn't yelling like that. Sweating my ass off- yes, breathing heavy- yes, a lil light headed- yes, but grunting like sloth from the Goonies- no...lol.

no grunting or yelling? that was half the workout! LOL JK

glad someone put the workout to a test...E always seems to step up to a challenge.

sanga
10-15-08, 9:24 am
I`ve done balls to the wall leg workouts like this a lot in the past, no yelling, ok maybe not with same weights but max for me, we used to do them in giant sets similar to this but with zero rest between exercises, makes you want to throw up, a real tester to see if you can train hard.

Enforcer
10-15-08, 9:29 am
no grunting or yelling? that was half the workout! LOL JK

glad someone put the workout to a test...E always seems to step up to a challenge.

Lol, nope no grunting or yelling. I am always up for a new challenge. I even threw in an extra set of hamstring curls, leg extensions, and also 8 sets of calves.

sanga
10-15-08, 9:39 am
hahahahaha, just to top it, nice one.

Mr. Aestheticz
10-15-08, 9:50 am
Lol, nope no grunting or yelling. I am always up for a new challenge. I even threw in an extra set of hamstring curls, leg extensions, and also 8 sets of calves.

Good shit!

People can down play this workout as much as they want and say this and that!

I say:

"Don't knock it until you try it"

Soooooo good $#!T for doing it up and giving as a proper insight of the workout!

Anyone else going to give this a shot? McFly?

sanga
10-15-08, 9:53 am
Too true, anyone that hasn`t done this type of workout will not know whata real challenge it is, physiquely and mentally, much more mentally in my experience, your mind is screaming stop but you have to push on and on.

I love the pain, the feeling of fatigue, seeing my partner squirm and failing, I love the you go I go routine, a challenge all the way but the real challenge is all in your mind.

Mizzarler
10-15-08, 3:01 pm
Nice work Enforcer!!!, you should have taped it!

prowrestler
10-15-08, 11:44 pm

i know, most lickley, these vids dont tell all but i just am not a fan of circuit workouts, he is big and tuff though for sure

prowrestler
10-15-08, 11:47 pm
Trust me bro hard and heavy is all I know. Ask anyone who has read my journey, but every so often you have to throw a change up like this into your workout to promote some new growth. If you do the same shit everytime you go into the gym, your body is going to become too accustomed to it and you'll stop seeing progress. In this sport you have to be open minded to anything. Try something once, if you don't feel anything then move onto the next thing. Trial and error bro.

Workout was def some rough shit. I used all the same weights/reps that he did. It was hard and the pump was massive, but idk if all that yelling was necessary. Maybe it was just for the camera, idk. But I wasn't yelling like that. Sweating my ass off- yes, breathing heavy- yes, a lil light headed- yes, but grunting like sloth from the Goonies- no...lol. All in all it was a great workout and a nice lil change up. My legs are feeling the effcts a lil bit today that for sure...lol

again, i powerlift now, not a bodybuilder but i was in that field for 4 years, im very agreeing with the fact that you gotta shake shit up every now and then and i will bet you the screaming is for camera effect, im in the entertainment business so i can pick up on these things!