PDA

View Full Version : Serge Nubret in 75'

ShaqFu
10-13-08, 9:55 am
Sup Fellas,

I love Pumping Iron; seen it a million times and it never get old. I am particularly a fan of Nubret's physique, I thought he looked great in the film, not as good as Arnold, but phenomenal nonetheless, definitely better than Ferrigno.

I recall that in the film, the narrator states that Nubret was a "late entry" in the Olympia; even though he was one of the paramount figures of the Golden Age. Why would he be a late entry? This question always puzzled me.

I came across him on MD radio I think it was, and the reason he was a late entry was because 12 days prior to the competition he was told that HE COULD NOT COMPETE. So Nubret said screw it, stopped training, and got off diet. It was until a few days before the competition that he knew he would be competing. According to Nubret, if he had been on point like he was prior to being informed that he could not compete, he insists that he would have beaten Arnold. You think this had something to do with apartheid? What do you guys make of this in general? Just thought it was an interesting story; I always thought Nubret looked great, would have been amazing to see him in better shape, if he is being honest about his story. Peace
ShaqFu

Fury317
10-13-08, 10:58 am
Yeah man Ive heard/read the same thing. I think I remember reading that he was "too heavy" and Joe Weider did not want him competing. He basically did a crash diet to drop the excess and thats what we see on PI. Whatever the reason, I too, would have loved to see more of him. He had such an aesthetically pleasing body. Truly like a sculpture.

InkdMuscle
10-13-08, 3:30 pm
Ok call me dumb but i still not have seen Pump'n Iron with Arny. Wheres the best place to get a copy. Amazon...or....

Arnold Is Numero Uno
10-13-08, 4:30 pm
Ok call me dumb but i still not have seen Pump'n Iron with Arny. Wheres the best place to get a copy. Amazon...or....

yeah, amazon would work...and you need to see it immediately...i remember the first time I saw it...that's one of the reasons why I'm still into bodybuilding today

Fury317
10-13-08, 4:50 pm
yeah, amazon would work...and you need to see it immediately...i remember the first time I saw it...that's one of the reasons why I'm still into bodybuilding today

True statement.
Ive probably seen it at least 100 times....seriously.