PDA

View Full Version : Cage 09 Planning

sanga
10-14-08, 11:28 am
Ok I have the time booked off work, I have the hotel booked, The Best Western, which is at 650 S. High Street, about 1.5 miles from the convention center.

I need to book my flights for myself and my wife to arrive on the Friday which is the 6th I think, I will be flying from Heathrow in London.

Some questions some of you may be able to help me with are-

How far is the hotel from the airport? Do catch a cab?

What does everyone do that first evening? Training at local gym? ABC?

Do I go queue for tickets for the expo on the saturday morning or go straight there on the friday to save time?

What time does the expo/cage close in the evening?

I`m sure I have lots more but thats a start, never been before so want to get the the most out of the 2 nights I have there, I`ll be flying to New York late Sunday evening/night.

Thanks.

firsthorseman97
10-14-08, 11:44 am
Which airport are you flying in to?

Port Columbus International is 7.89 miles to the hotel.

Rickenbacker International is 14.87 miles to the hotel.

Just saw this on the Expo website:

For International originating guests, please call your local reservations number and refer to Promotion Code (STARfile A8739AJ) for discounted flight.

sanga
10-14-08, 2:48 pm
Many Thanks for your reply mate,I really do apprieciate it.

Didn`t know there were 2 airports, I`ll have to look into it and see.

Many Thanks.

Elite
10-14-08, 3:09 pm
Port columbus international is where you want.

You arrive on Friday, what time? Expo opens 10am friday.

On the friday, we stayed at the expo till 4-5pm, went back to the hotel, ate, got ready to go metro fitness at 7-8pm, then post w/o i went for a meal with my hotel buds and the pros.

You can pre order the tickets, but you will have to que a while to get your pass, plus saturday is heaving, so get there early.

Cage closes about 5pm

Clothes needed are minimal. Warm jacket, as the night i arrived there was a blizzard, tho it was strangely hot and sunny on the monday. Gear to train in/wear at expo. Im just packing 1 pair shorts, 1 pair bottoms to wear at expo and just wear animal T's.

Friday training was everyone doing there own thing, mixing with various pro's who were there. The winners of the train with an animal pro were doing just that. ABC was on saturday.

sanga
10-14-08, 4:06 pm
Cheers Paul.

Trying to get there for around late afternoon Friday, will book into hotel then if anyone is up for it go train then go out and eat, I know I`m meeting up with Vinny at some point during the weekend for a training session, not planned anything yet with him but will be great to train fri, sat and sun with everyone.

Elite
10-14-08, 4:58 pm
Nothing happened on the sunday evening, most people had made there way home by then. Hopefully this year will be different. Food is ridiculous cheap. One night i went for 8oz steak, rack of ribs, salad, drinks. Came to about $12.

sanga
10-14-08, 5:24 pm
oh right,after chatting to the wife we have decided that after cage on sunday we would grab food, no training and head for airport to New York,its only fair since I`m dragging her to cage for 2 days, lol.

I`m up for training Friday night and then food and Saturday night then food.

sanga
10-16-08, 11:43 am
Anyone have any input for this thread?

firsthorseman97
10-16-08, 11:51 am
Anyone have any input for this thread?

What kind of input are you lookin' for?

As the date draws near, everyone's plans will become more definite. I'm sure an ABC will be lined up. Your staying at the 'Animal hotel' so you'll meet alot of us that have been going to the Expo for several years. We can show you the ropes. But if you have more specific questions, ask away!

sanga
10-16-08, 11:53 am
Cheers mate.

Just that I`ll be arriving sometime Friday, check in and then wonderd about hitting the gym, but you just answered that for me.

Guess I`ll wait and see what plans are around thwe time.

I will be hitting the gym with Vinny at some point so that may be on the Friday with everyone else or even the Saturday, have to see.

Where do you eat around there?

firsthorseman97
10-16-08, 12:00 pm
I recommend enjoying at least one meal at Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant. Its nothing short of amazing!

They have a website you can check out: www.bucadibeppo.com

sanga
10-16-08, 4:10 pm
Cheers mate,their website looks good,I`ll give it a try when there, not had a good italian in ages.