PDA

View Full Version : Routine for Mass and Strength

IluvIron
10-15-08, 12:51 pm
I'm just getting out of a 6 month cut where I have gone from 207 lbs. to 164 lbs. and Im planning on gainning some lean mass since I dont have that much muscle right now. This is my first time ever doing a bulk and I'm still working on the diet for the bulk but so far what I have planned for routine is as follows

A: Bench Press 3x5
Incline DB Press 3x10,8,6
RDL 3x5
Pullups 3x failure
Barbell Curls 3x10,8,6
Barbell Shrug 3x10,8,6
reverse Curls 3x10,8,6
B: Squat 3x5
Leg Press 3x10,8,6
Military Press 3x5
DB shoulder Press 3x10,8,6
CGBP 3x10,8,6
Calve raises 3x10,8,6
Abs

I am planning to do A workouts on Monday and Thursday and B workouts on Tuesday and Friday I am planning to gain strength and mass would this be good routin/exercise selection?
Please critique

Roland
10-15-08, 2:24 pm
We can't tell you if that is good FOR you, you have to experiment...trial and error...and find out what works for you. Just keep it simple, lift heavy, progressively and eat big.

Big Wides
10-15-08, 4:08 pm
I would go with the approach of either a 4 or 5 day split where you hammer each bodypart once a week, rest it up and let it grow. If you are looking for routine ideas the Training tab on the main Animalpak.com site has a cornacopia of splits that produce mass and strength

InkdMuscle
10-15-08, 4:37 pm
I would go with the approach of either a 4 or 5 day split where you hammer each bodypart once a week, rest it up and let it grow. If you are looking for routine ideas the Training tab on the main Animalpak.com site has a cornacopia of splits that produce mass and strength

I agree 4-5 day split for one muscle group a week. my weekly routine changes but i made my own from the training routines found on her. remember you always want to keep your body guessing so stick to your core exercises and throw in different isolation ones to keep you body growing.

IluvIron
10-15-08, 5:49 pm
Do you guys think then that i should just stick with the 3x5 exercises and change the secondary exercise every workout?

Littlefry
10-15-08, 8:04 pm
tryout 5x5 intermediate, its a size and strenght program more geared towards a full body workout 3x a week, alot of members on this board are using it with great results.

IluvIron
10-15-08, 10:39 pm
Littlefry you got any links where I can find info on that?

mark
10-15-08, 11:06 pm
Why reinvent the wheel??

You want to bigger and stronger... why not use something that works like Doggcrap... or anctual powerlifting program designed around getting stronger and bigger like Westside (using the actual template(s) - not the butchered shit some people throw around claiming to be WSB)... or 5/3/1 method...

There's a fair number of systems out there that are proven to work... pick one and go with it.

Littlefry
10-17-08, 2:39 pm
here you go http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm