PDA

View Full Version : Durum Semolia

Hoaxy
10-16-08, 12:12 am
Is it a good food for you? I was wondering because i'd rather eat spaghetti than oats or rice.

Note : I eat oatmeal for breakfast and put oats in my shake, but i'd rather eat spaghetti for carbs during a meal.

pmug0000
10-16-08, 12:48 am
I think it's fine. It's got a gi of about 30 which is lower than oatmeal and brown rice, and now you can get different pasta products that are made with semolina and legumes which makes it a lot healthier.

Hoaxy
10-16-08, 12:54 am
I think it's fine. It's got a gi of about 30 which is lower than oatmeal and brown rice, and now you can get different pasta products that are made with semolina and legumes which makes it a lot healthier.

Thanks bro. So I should be fine eating 100% Durum Semolina once or twice a day? I just wasn't sure if it was a bad way to get carbs or if it was junk for your body.

pmug0000
10-16-08, 1:02 am
Thanks bro. So I should be fine eating 100% Durum Semolina once or twice a day? I just wasn't sure if it was a bad way to get carbs or if it was junk for your body.

I think you should be fine, but honestly the only way to know for sure is to try it out and gauge how it's affecting you. If you're getting the results you want stick with it, if not try something else.