10-16-08, 1:01 pm
3 scoops after training

grams?

Giant Killer
10-16-08, 1:05 pm
a 70cc scoop is about 40 grams so I shoot for 1.5-2 scoops PW

Brick By Brick
10-16-08, 1:08 pm
I've been mixing 70cc with one scoop of whey protein and 5 grams of creatine monohydrate for my intra workout shake for about a year.

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 1:11 pm
is wms dosed by BW?

Giant Killer
10-16-08, 1:15 pm
is wms dosed by BW?

as a general rule, it's dosed by the insulin spike threshold that we want as bodybuilders postworkout, which you want right around 70-75g. beyond that depends on the size of the bodybuilder as greater muscle mass, (read like Vinny's) may require more for glycogen replenishment

Enforcer
10-16-08, 1:23 pm
Go pick up some Torrent, thread closed...lol

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 1:34 pm
Go pick up some Torrent, thread closed...lol cant afford it

Roland
10-16-08, 2:10 pm
4 scoops.

simpleguy
10-17-08, 1:27 pm
anywhere between 50-200g depending on your body type, goals, composition and so on

simpleguy
10-17-08, 1:27 pm
Go pick up some Torrent, thread closed...lol

right on

sportsfan4110
10-26-08, 8:30 pm
ive heard that WMS doesn't spike insulin levels like one would want after a workout and that it is somewhat slow digesting even slower than white bread. Is this true?

J-Dawg
10-26-08, 9:09 pm
ive heard that WMS doesn't spike insulin levels like one would want after a workout and that it is somewhat slow digesting even slower than white bread. Is this true?

WMS has a very high molecular weight and low osmolarity rate which allows it to bypass the stomach, thus getting absorbed quickly by the intestines. As for spiking insulin levels, its benefits come from the fact that it's low GI, enters the bloodstream at a steady rate and won't give a huge insulin spike but rather a more steady rate. Does that help?

sportsfan4110
10-27-08, 10:12 pm
yeah, so even though it doesn't produce a high insulin response and gets absorbed rather quickly by the intestines its one of the best things to take post workout?

The Epidemic
10-28-08, 1:39 pm
should one take something to spike sugar levels and take wms?

J-Dawg
10-30-08, 10:32 am
yeah, so even though it doesn't produce a high insulin response and gets absorbed rather quickly by the intestines its one of the best things to take post workout?

It really depends on who you ask, as one might prefer a different carb source (not based on science but on personal preference). Myself, I prefer a blend of malto, dex and waxy maize. I find this to be the best for eliciting an insulin response as well as for absorption, osmolarity and transport of nutrients during or post-workout.

But overall, WMS, as a starch, will still elicit an insulin response. It's just more balanced and not as sharp as if you were to take dextrose alone.

J-Dawg
10-30-08, 10:39 am
should one take something to spike sugar levels and take wms?

I think this is up to the individual. Some seem to prefer WMS alone, others like a blend of carbs PWO. Total insulin output in the end should be the same (if the grams are the same) whether you take WMS or a blend of CHO. A blend may elicit a quicker response (depends on the CHO sources and what else is taken with it--aminos, protein, other ergogenics).

Brutus_515
10-30-08, 10:48 am
I am a huge WMS fan after doing 22 weeks low-no carb diet then coming off it and introducing carbs back in my diet. I just feel better if take some waxy maize than say a shake with oats post work out. I dont feel bloated or filled up it is in and out of me just in time to get a meal in