PDA

View Full Version : i hate oatmeal

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 1:40 am
what else can i eat? whole wheat bagels a good sub?

McFly
10-16-08, 8:20 am

man up and eat it.

bagel does not equal oatmeal

SQUAT or DIE!
10-16-08, 8:23 am
try grits, its not oatmeal and i find them rather tasty...

Freakshow
10-16-08, 8:24 am

If you are bulking, have you tried the flavored stuff? I am eating a bowl of baked apple oatmeal right now and its the shit. Probably the best tasting thing I will eat all day.

HardGainer369
10-16-08, 8:29 am
tablespoon of peanut butter will make it amzing..even add in jelly. thats what i do and i love it. or even yogurt..be creative

Mr. Aestheticz
10-16-08, 8:49 am
WOW!

Bro whole wheat bagels or even bread do not match or even offer close to what oatmeal does!

Oatmeal is a huge key to dieting and your food arsenal, besides being a key low glyceminc carb, it is key to maintaining healthy cholesterol. Like everyone is saying be creative add splenda, cinnamon, natty p/b, jelly, protein powder, bananas, grapes, melon, fuck it whatever it takes to make it taste better so you can eat it.

If all else fails try grits or cream of wheat, but honestly you SHOULD be eating oatmeal!

Factory
10-16-08, 8:55 am
one thing you can do is put some natty pb and a scoop of protein in, makes it taste more like a shake, but mixing it is a bitch. That's what I do when I'm eating carbs, makes the oats bearable - at least for me, try it out.

if you don't like it i hope you find something that works out for you.

Factory
10-16-08, 8:55 am
tablespoon of peanut butter will make it amzing..even add in jelly. thats what i do and i love it. or even yogurt..be creative

yogurt in there almost makes it taste too good.

Brutus_515
10-16-08, 9:13 am
Just add them to your shakes you dont have to deal with eating them you just drink them....I add a cup of oats to a shake..(any more it turns to a paste)...if you cant stand the texture...I found that using a food processer turns it into a dust like substance then i add it to my shake...you dont even notice them

Boz
10-16-08, 9:41 am
Just add them to your shakes you dont have to deal with eating them you just drink them....I add a cup of oats to a shake..(any more it turns to a paste)...if you cant stand the texture...I found that using a food processer turns it into a dust like substance then i add it to my shake...you dont even notice them

X2. Thats how I get em down.

T o m m Y
10-16-08, 9:58 am
man up and eat it.

bagel does not equal oatmeal

x2

sanga
10-16-08, 10:05 am
I for the life of me can not understand why some people hate oatmeal, I absolutely love it, same as natural peanut butter, mmmm, it really is the magic potion, especially when on keto.

Anyway, grits may be the way forwrd or cream of wheat.

Brutus_515
10-16-08, 10:35 am
I for the life of me can not understand why some people hate oatmeal, I absolutely love it, same as natural peanut butter, mmmm, it really is the magic potion, especially when on keto.

Anyway, grits may be the way forwrd or cream of wheat.

not if you are dieting i wouldnt think the GI of grits is alot different than the GI or oats

SQUAT or DIE!
10-16-08, 10:37 am
not if you are dieting i wouldnt think the GI of grits is alot different than the GI or oats

i know everyone is diff and it may not work for him.. but coleman ate cheese grits for his pre contest diet... maybe it is different, but it doesnt mean its worse...

sanga
10-16-08, 10:39 am
Agreed, yeah I don`t eat oatmeal except on cheats as on keto at present but cycling carbs it can be eaten, slow burning etc.

Psycho77
10-16-08, 10:45 am
I just shovel it down fast and down it with some water.

SQUAT or DIE!
10-16-08, 10:46 am

i think thats a very good option to use, just get it all in as fast as you can to avoid alot of taste/ texture....

sanga
10-16-08, 10:50 am

I mix mine cold with pasterurised egg whites and some vanilla iso whey and chew them and really savour the flavour, making my mouth water thinking about it, roll on Sunday, 300g+ oats coming up along with whatever else.

REBORN1
10-16-08, 10:58 am
add a tbsp of natty pb and a scoop of choc. protein

v8ftmfw
10-16-08, 11:24 am
is yall ever drink it raw ? I mean I mix a scoop of oat milk with protein shake, and just drink it down, I think it tasted arite. I dont know if oat meal had to be cook to be able to eat or not ?.

SQUAT or DIE!
10-16-08, 11:27 am
is yall ever drink it raw ? I mean I mix a scoop of oat milk with protein shake, and just drink it down, I think it tasted arite. I dont know if oat meal had to be cook to be able to eat or not ?.

its perfeclty all right to eat it raw/ in a shake. their are plenty of people here who do that all teh time.

LegendKillerJosh
10-16-08, 11:47 am
throw 1/2 cup raw oats, little bit of water, and a handful of frozen blueberries in a bowl, microwave for 1 minute. Delicious, the blueberries overpower the oats and add even more fiber.

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 12:25 pm
yogurt in there almost makes it taste too good. thart shit makes me gag. i also said bagels bc i eat and take a bagel anywhere..

I mean its a a WHOLE WHEAT SOURCE..

I havent ate oatmeal since i like 5. I have always hated it...

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 12:27 pm
I can not eat yougurt/oatmeal/greens.. i can drink raw eggs tho EASY

Big Wides
10-16-08, 12:31 pm
To me comparing two different food sources.....oatmeal and a whole wheat bagel is like comparing apples and oranges. If you are in a rush then a bagel is good every now and again but I wouldnt make it a staple. Try making your oats into a fine powder and add them into a shake or add water to the mix and eat them that way.

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 12:33 pm
.I found that using a food processer turns it into a dust like substance then i add it to my shake...you dont even notice them this sounds good, I will have my gf blend some up this week end

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 12:35 pm
To me comparing two different food sources.....oatmeal and a whole wheat bagel is like comparing apples and oranges. If you are in a rush then a bagel is good every now and again but I wouldnt make it a staple. Try making your oats into a fine powder and add them into a shake or add water to the mix and eat them that way.

Will drink oats, make you feel full, like eatting them will? what brand do u suggest i try? steel? quick? instast?

Mr. Aestheticz
10-16-08, 12:38 pm
I have a small b-fast post and the first and second recipe's on it are oatmeal recipes maybe it will help add flavor and get them down the hatch.

Just throwing it out there, check it out:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=20066

xSwornxHardcorex
10-16-08, 12:42 pm
I cut up bananas and put it in with as much splenda as i need, also if im in a hurry i put it in my protien shake and drink it, chug chug chug.... all the benifits in a hurry

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 1:00 pm
brown rice cool?

fenix237
10-16-08, 1:15 pm
I like oatmeal, but everyday they can get a bit bland. When I'm not in to eat a bowl of it, I put a cup of oats in a glass measuring cup, top it with water and nuke it for 2 minutes. Then drain the water out and dump them in the blender and mix with protein powder, fruit, supplements etc.... I usually add a TBSP Natty PB, banana, cinnamon YUM! I actually think it adds to the taste and it's fast. Good for portability as well!

randombaz
10-16-08, 1:17 pm
find a website that sells oats machine ground up into powder, and then put that in your whey drinks, tastes like your normal protein drink. job done

The Epidemic
10-16-08, 1:33 pm
i wonder is Animal starts to make an Oatmeal product, will we allowed to talk about oatmeal

Elite
10-16-08, 2:12 pm
i wonder is Animal starts to make an Oatmeal product, will we allowed to talk about oatmeal

Oatmeals a generic product, like talking about creatine and amino's are cool, just not branded.

For bulking, the best is...

1 cup oats, chopped banana, diced apple, Vanilla Whey w/milk.
Microwave for 2-3 minutes, add less or more milk for desired consistency.
sprinkle cinnamon & nutmeg
drizzle with honey and coconut

That shit is the dogs bollox!

If its the consistency and texture of oats you hate, then blend it up with water/milk, some whey, natty pb, banana, berries. It will help fill the shake up good.

Oats are one of the best foods us guys 'n' gals can eat for our lifestyle and diet. Low GI carbs, lower cholesterol (which we need due to high red meat, egg intake), constant flow of energy and dirt cheap!

Roland
10-16-08, 2:16 pm
I Love Oatttttmealllllllll

T o m m Y
10-16-08, 2:18 pm

wtf are you talking about..

futurefreak101
10-16-08, 3:16 pm
lmao..im eating oatmeal with honey right now..its gross...absolutely gross....but for some reason if i eat oatmeal b4 lifting i get a damn good pump and good energy so i deal.

McFly
10-16-08, 3:21 pm
i love oatmeal, plain, barely enough water to make it wet...

nothing beats oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast 365 days a year

Redjeep
10-16-08, 6:47 pm
I don't know many people that like plain oatmeal. This is one of my favorite meals to get in some quality calories for the day.

1 cup old fashioned oats (cook)
add:
1/2 scoop protein powder
3 tbs Honey
4 tbs Nat. PB
1/2 cup whole milk

like 800+ calories of delicious.

Wolfpack
10-17-08, 11:57 am
Even the butter or cheese flavored instant grits have less than 1 gram of sugar. I'd try those if you really hate oatmeal that much.

The Epidemic
10-17-08, 12:04 pm
when you guys said 1/2... yall mean 1/2 raw(uncooked)

So know i know Oatmeal is king for breakfast, but what about the other 7meals?

ChubbzterTF
10-17-08, 8:17 pm
when you guys said 1/2... yall mean 1/2 raw(uncooked)

So know i know Oatmeal is king for breakfast, but what about the other 7meals?

rice, pasta, potatoes (i've been eating potatoes with ketchup for a lot of breakfasts too), fruits n veggies... take your pick. all great carb sources

v8ftmfw
10-17-08, 8:29 pm
I never eat oat meal in my life before, and first time I eat it ( 2 month ago ) and I hate it, I spit it out, but I know it good for my body, and I keep forge myself to eat it, then I get use to eat and i love to eat oat meal now. even raw !!

so for you, just forge yourself eat it, think it good for your body. Think it will help you grow. MAN UP AND CHOKE IT DOWN !!!

Pizzalamp
10-17-08, 8:30 pm
if u dont want to eat oatmeal have brown rice, ezekiel bread, ezekiel cereal, whole grain tortilla or even sweet potato...just have a good complex carb source

u could have grits, cream of rice even...

joelast
10-17-08, 9:25 pm
yogurt in there almost makes it taste too good.

haha i know what your saying.

I got some banana flavored protein and that shit is delicious in my oats.

MassMonster
10-17-08, 11:47 pm
I hate oatmeal as well bro...

i ate the stuff everyday for 6months last yr and after i hit my shows i couldnt handle it anymore to the point i cant keep it down... so heres a lil tip from me to joo

Breakfast doesnt have to be a certain type of food.....

i eat eggs at wat ever the hell time i feel like it... and personally i prefer um at night...
for breakfast i say to get in them good carbs u cook up a bowl of brown rice throw in sum recaito and sofrito (get it in any supermarket) also do this the night b4... toss in sum scrambled eggs or sum pollo .. maybe a lil bit of beef shreds peas or broccoli and there u go u got ya veggies complex carbs and protein all in 1... get ya self a microwave bowl (they good 1s)
if u on the run....and a plastic fork) i do this while driving to skool at times lol

u could also make a sweet potatoe in the morning with sum brown sugar instead of rice... carve out a pocket in the middle and toss in sum ground beef (already prepared) that tastes good as well u got many options... take um

simpleguy
10-18-08, 6:04 am
I like oatmeal... but honestly I slightly prefer raw oats then cooked... add 1-2 scoops of flavoured whey (vanilla, choco, all work great), and a cup of milk to the raw oats and you're set... what I like about this is I can make it in a minute, rather then maybe 10 or how much it would take till I microwave the oats and let them cool down a bit

jer
10-18-08, 9:32 am
if u dont want to eat oatmeal have brown rice, ezekiel bread, ezekiel cereal, whole grain tortilla or even sweet potato...just have a good complex carb source

u could have grits, cream of rice even...

Grant is right. Try some ezekiel cereal. The cinnamon raisin is awesome.

I fucking hate oatmeal, that shit is garbage. I can't for the life of me comprehend how I put up with it for all those years.

Do yourself a favor and get some ezekiel cereal or bagel or english muffins and try 'em. A packet or two of slenda on the cereal and a little water, put in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and I could eat that all day as my carb source.

IRN-NML
10-18-08, 10:40 am
Like others say, raw is ok; you don't have to cook it. I buy the quick oats stuff; a LITTLE sugar, dash of cinnamon & I'll use the Arizona green tea instead of water or milk. Don't let it sit and absorb or it does become the globular sticky oozing poultice that does make me gag when I've tried it cooked.

NJC_Manhattan
10-18-08, 11:20 am
There is a way to make oatmeal amazing... Here is my post morning workout oatmeal

Cup of all natural oatmeal
pinch of cinnamon
Crushed all natural pecans
A scoop of your favorite protein powder. (I use milk chocolate)
Sliced banana
Splash of heavy cream
a bit of water

Mix

Heat in microwave to 1m30 to 2m.

Tell me that doesnt taste fucking awesome

NJC_Manhattan
10-18-08, 11:21 am

Bagels should be avoided like the plague! If you want to look like a fucking bagel, then keep eating them

The Epidemic
10-20-08, 12:36 pm
ezekiel bread has a GI of 5 .whats oats?

AllSheWrote
10-23-08, 3:27 am

x2

Oatmeal is one of god's great gifts.

Get a super blender, add banana, protein powder, milk, and a whole fuckton of oats, drink that delicious paste or eat it with a big ass spoon...I don't see any other reason for getting up in the morning honestly homie...

That is fucking breakfast!! it does not get better than eggs or oats, or the both!

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but... wheat germ is another good grain to add to the diet. Good dose of folic acid (which is the same as vitamin B as far as i know)

sanga
10-23-08, 5:28 am
Oatmeal to the carb eater is what natural peanut butter is to the keto follower.

I love both, when eating carbs oats are a mainstay, when on keto peanut butter is a mainstay, they are like treats throughout the day to me.

They are both the shit IMO.

On Letting Go
10-23-08, 7:02 am
Couldnt agree with you more. Oats and peanut butter are staples in my diet and i love eating them.

Aggression
10-23-08, 1:19 pm
Couldnt agree with you more. Oats and peanut butter are staples in my diet and i love eating them.

I've been eating oatmeal every morning for the past 2yrs or so, and I've NEVER put peanut butter in them, i'm def gonna try that.

what about ezekiel cereal? its expensive by the box, but its a good source of quality of carbs, and it has a great taste to it too. i know jay cutler eats that shit in his dvds, and he's kinda big hahaha