PDA

View Full Version : Liberate the madness.....

violator
10-16-08, 3:00 am
Damn....been a while since i logged a journey here....almost a whole year...

this years been pretty good to me, apart from the malaria, blown out knee & stomach infection...haha....the blessings of living in deepest darkest africa.....but trainings been goin well now for the last 6 months.....strength is returning.... & i feel im just where i need to be at this point....

Im ur average beginner-intermediate lifter, maxes arent even worth putting in print, so dont expect any insane numbers round here....been fuckin with tha iron for close on 15yrs now, & ive only really started training & eating properly in the last 3.....when i truly understood nutrition, is when i started to gain, went from a piddly 74kg to 92kgs over the last 36mths....and im pround to say this is now my homeostasis point....200lbs is 200lbs mothafucka...haha....to badd at least 15lbs of that is fat....

which brings me to where i am today...at the foot of testing 12months of research....research into the nastiest, most effective diet in bodybuilding....the ketogenic diet....i know this is gonna take a world of discipline & determination.....but im one focused mothafucka & im gonna see this bitch through till the end.....

im only hitting 8 weeks on it, just as a sample run to see if my body agrees with it, the info available thru Ox, DP & many others logs like Chandler took a long time to get around & understand....but here we go.....

im enjoying my last carb fuelled day....tomorrow begins the depletion.....

D-Bomb
10-16-08, 7:26 am
man...this is going to be rough...haha...8 weeks you can do it dude!. :-)

violator
10-17-08, 2:19 pm
last night was my last carb fuelled workout...wanted to make it a good one...so dragged that badass watchman D-bomb outta tha torture closet....killin tha iron with my boy always gets the blood boiling.....its time to throw some around...

highlight of the workout, a PR on the box squat for me at 150kg& hitting the widowmaker on100kg for 20, ooohhhhh yeahhhhh booyyyeee!!!.......almost as equally satisfying....seeing D-bomb bust out 160kg for a deuce....that mothafuckas got some strong wheels!....

A great workout....hit a monster preWO, thought id go crazy on that shit...haha...last one for a few months, which is a good thing, im addicted to that, incredible hulk baby!!...haha...

violator
10-17-08, 2:20 pm
man...this is going to be rough...haha...8 weeks you can do it dude!. :-)

haha..u know it bru.....big ups!

violator
10-17-08, 2:35 pm
so its on like mothafuckin donkey kong, had my first day on tha diet today....

7:00am: 750ml h20, 1 pack fybogel...

7:30am: 4 whole boiled eggs wit a little tabasco & salt...gotta love that hot sauce mothafucka...2 fish oil caps...& the pak....

10:30am: 50g whey shake, 1 tbsp natty black cat....

1:30pm: 200g chicken breast, 1 cup spinach, 1/4 cup cashews, 2 uni-liver, 1 tbsp EVOO...

4:30p.m: same as meal 2...

5pm: 20min cardio, BCAA stak during, 1 pack nitro after with 1 pack fybogel....

7:30pm: same as ,meal 3....

10:30pm(still comin up): same as meal 2.....+ 1500mg Vit C & 1 cap milkthistle...

& thats basically the plan for the next 50days, im gonna switch it around with brocolli/asparagus/avo for the veg & salmon/ kippers/ ground beef foe the meat, but thats the basic format above......ill intro a cheat meal, maybe next sunday....
but to tell u the truth, todays been freaky, felt good till about 2pm, then just started feelin tired, still feelin it now....could only manage 20min on the elliptical for cardio tonight, just felt energyless....i will finish 6L of H20 by tonight easy....

simpleguy
10-17-08, 11:29 pm
hey bro, thought I'd drop by and say good luck... I've done the keto too; don't worry about the first 3-7 days, you will feel like shit till your body gets used to running on ketones... have a good time and make sure you enjoy it

violator
10-18-08, 9:40 am
hey bro, thought I'd drop by and say good luck... I've done the keto too; don't worry about the first 3-7 days, you will feel like shit till your body gets used to running on ketones... have a good time and make sure you enjoy it

thanks bro, ive actually lurked around ur journey a bit, i saw when u did the carb cycling before, then changed to keto....its cats like u that have brought me to understand the diet....big ups!

peace

violator
10-18-08, 9:52 am
day 2s been ok...had a RE Upper workout to day....felt good, but got tired quick, the DOMS from the leg session wit bomb are killin me...haha....and the pump was a bit weaker than normal....im leaving out cardio for today, dont wanna kill myself just yet...ill hit it tommorow with a couple of games of squash wit my mate....ill be hitting cardio 4 times a week for 45mins....
cant say im cravin anything, but i do feel like i could rip thru a couple of sub sandwiches...alas, no more o that tasty goodness for a while....haha...

Re Upper:(good thing im goin thru a deload phase now...haha...)

speed bench 4x12-15
seated military press to front(in smitty) 4x8-12
lat pulls s/s with face pulls 4x10-15
BB shrugs 4x10-12
tri rope pushdowns 4x15-20

xtreme stretch after every exercise.....

violator
10-19-08, 2:49 pm
woke up feelin like draggin ass this morning......
had 2 meet my bro 4 a squash session today...got there & did a full stretch, then 20mins on the elliptical anticipating some HIC on the court....we got halfway thru the first game & my mate hit fullforce forehand shot, which i happened to look back at....so it smacked my eye full on....fuckin hurt soooo bad, thought my eye had popped out...haha...its ok now, but im gonna have a cracker of a shiner for the next week....thats gonna be great explaining that story over&over again......sigghh....

last night i was dreaming about eating carbs & breaking the diet....damn....felt so real, i was so bummed with myself....but then i woke up & hit a 50g iso protien shake with some Pb...haha...

todays diet was a bit of a change up;

meal 1: shake & tbsp PB

meal 2: 5 scrambled eggs + the PAK....
1 serving fibre inbetween
meal 3: same as meal 1

meal 4: 150gs smoked chicken with rocket, baby spinach & watercress salad, 1 tbsp EVOO &1/4 cup almonds +2 uni-liver...

meal 5: same as meal 1
1 serving fibre inbetween
meal 5: 4 whole eggs(boiled)

man, i hope the ketones kick in tommorow.....

The Sun
10-19-08, 3:25 pm
I'm in for this, keto sounds tough to deal.

simpleguy
10-19-08, 3:48 pm
technically it takes 3 days... but I'm gonna be honest, I felt weird during the first whole week... like being full of energy at a time, and then sleepy and lacking energy the next moment

D-Bomb
10-19-08, 6:06 pm
haha thats funny and terrible to hear at the same time...i guess i should warn you to never play squash with me...you will be in hospital...haha...i have some funny stories i could tell with Squash...

yeah as i said man...your going to crave it a lot...but once you see some results you will be more and more reluctant to break the diet...

violator
10-20-08, 3:06 am
I'm in for this, keto sounds tough to deal.

yeah, its not been so easy so far(& its only day fuckin 4)....but thanks 4 tha support bro....

technically it takes 3 days... but I'm gonna be honest, I felt weird during the first whole week... like being full of energy at a time, and then sleepy and lacking energy the next moment

yeah, its day 4 today & i still feel like shit, i fact, even worse than ever....but its weird, just like u said, spurts of energy every now & again....

haha thats funny and terrible to hear at the same time...i guess i should warn you to never play squash with me...you will be in hospital...haha...i have some funny stories i could tell with Squash...

yeah as i said man...your going to crave it a lot...but once you see some results you will be more and more reluctant to break the diet...

yeah, if itd happened from ur 17.5inch guns woulda popped my eye 4 sho...haha...
im gonna keep plodding along....49days to go...
oh yeah, u need to change ur sig bru, i cant take lookin at the U CANT DO IT anymore...haha....D-bomb fuckin wit my mind in & outta tha gym...haha....

D-Bomb
10-20-08, 7:30 am
yeah, if itd happened from ur 17.5inch guns woulda popped my eye 4 sho...haha...
im gonna keep plodding along....49days to go...
oh yeah, u need to change ur sig bru, i cant take lookin at the U CANT DO IT anymore...haha....D-bomb fuckin wit my mind in & outta tha gym...haha....

haha, yeah the guns are just tipping around 17.0 inches and hanging on for dear life, dear god do not let my arms get smaller! haha...unless they get covered in veins...
49 days will go like lightning man.
hahaha! mind-fuck of note hey!! it is from Machine somewhere in his Journal or articles...
it stuffs with me too...thats why i keep it...it will keep ya going dude...

violator
10-22-08, 8:44 am
a traveling man, thats what i am..haha..

1600km in 4 days...gotta love it....i think the ketones are kickin in cause i feel substantially better than yesterday, but still not quite 100%....
the diets been pretty easy to stick to with a little self discipline...
i brought along my own food which is saving a bundle....heres whats in my arsenal;

25L cooler bag
6 ice packs(the re freezable kind)
1 pack swiss chard(good for 6 meals)
3 cans kippers(for brekkies)
fish oil caps, kept cold in the cooler...
uniliver/ pak/nitro/
12 packs of fibre supp
4 shakers & plenty servings of protien...
4 pre pack smoked chicken breasts
1 tupperware container
12 1.5L bottles of water

this is pretty much everything, and its saving mad cash on the normal food bills i rack up on the road...

Training is different aswell, heres what im doin daily, 45min brisk walk around potgieterus town, 4 sets of BW pullups, then 6 sets of 20 pushups, 5 sets of abs on the floor...gets me goin, need some iron around here....haha...
eating of time is paramount, so far its been 100%....

VIOLATORS TIP OF THE DAY: if ur ever in need of something to do pullups in places that dont have a bar, then take ur ass down to the local hardware store & pick up some G-Clamps, i use the 300mm ones, simply clamp them to the wall above a door & WHAM uve got urself 2 pullups handles...they wont give out by the way, ive leaned of just one of em & they dont budge.....right now ive got them on 2 intersecting door ways, so it creates a V for me to pullup between....haha....just some info from the travelling man....on til tommorow peeps....

D-Bomb
10-22-08, 10:03 am
Jasterday boeta really got this kak sorted out hey! :-) im liking it dude and that you training as much as you can with what ya got!

violator
10-24-08, 2:28 am
Jasterday boeta really got this kak sorted out hey! :-) im liking it dude and that you training as much as you can with what ya got!

thanks man....not as sorted as i like it....but theres a twist in the tale yet to come...

violator
10-24-08, 2:30 am
so its a week today since i started...mmmm....finally, training in a gym tonight...cant wait....ME upper...oooohhh yeaaahhh.....

energys feelin good, the ketones must be runnin 100% now.....

The Sun
10-24-08, 5:07 am
so its a week today since i started...mmmm....finally, training in a gym tonight...cant wait....ME upper...oooohhh yeaaahhh.....

energys feelin good, the ketones must be runnin 100% now.....

time to blast some iron.

D-Bomb
10-24-08, 9:30 am
yo, what time you getting your workout in? wouldn't mind being around the same time...not necessarily training together just at the gym same time...may be able to spot you/vice versa! if you going to the Planet fitness i go to that is.

simpleguy
10-24-08, 9:59 am
yo good to see the ketones are 'kicking in'... hope you'll feel better and better from now on

btw, most people sleep very deeply whilst on keto... like me, I usually have trouble sleeping, but on the diet I used to sleep 9-10 hrs with no problems, have you experienced this as well?

violator
10-25-08, 4:00 pm
time to blast some iron.

Damn skippy sun....

yo, what time you getting your workout in? wouldn't mind being around the same time...not necessarily training together just at the gym same time...may be able to spot you/vice versa! if you going to the Planet fitness i go to that is.

awww shame, if u wanna date just go on & ask...haha...
actually went to that other gym in olivedale today, they got a sweet bag setup, but the equipment isnt as good as PF, Planetfuckedupness said they wouldnt let me pay for an extra month till i get medaid in november....wanted me to take another 3yrcontract...i said fuck you....they said seeya...but mwwwuuhahaha....i just use my girlfriends access card when shes not using it & they dont even check up...haha...fuckin the man right back...i mean, cmon....wouldnt even give me an extra month & i wanted to pay 4 it.....

yo good to see the ketones are 'kicking in'... hope you'll feel better and better from now on

btw, most people sleep very deeply whilst on keto... like me, I usually have trouble sleeping, but on the diet I used to sleep 9-10 hrs with no problems, have you experienced this as well?

thanks 4 checkin in G....yeah, ive been sleeping like a fuckin log dude...i mean an D-Bomb goin off wouldnt even stir me...got 12 hrs last nite.....good question, thanks 4 askin...

violator
10-25-08, 4:01 pm
Soooo, 8 days down & the numbers r in…

Last Friday;

Waist: 36inches
Arms: 15.8
Legs: 26.5
Neck: 15.7
calves: 16.5

this Saturday:

Waist: 35inches
Arms: 15.5
Neck: 15.5
calves: 16.2

wicked….lost an inch on the waist!, sweet….i know its all mainly water & muscle volumisation, but hey, im starting to get the energy back, the diets ON POINT like a motherfucka & lifes not to shabby…
….but workouts fuckin suck man, ive lost weight & reps on every exercise…box squats down from 150x3 to 140x2, inclines down from 75kgx3 to 62.5x2(shocking…)…but I spose its expected…..still, I miss those glycogen driven days more than the food at the moment, the recoverys a bit slower as well, but ok….fuck…look at me, its barely been a week…haha….

This week, gonna get some squash in 2morow, hopefully I don’t lose my eye again this time…haha…then some Re upper Monday & then its off to the wild world of potties again….dynamic work & walkin for cardio…..im gonna be renting a sweet little pad there for less than what hotels cost me, & ill be able to set up a cool home gym as well….thatll keep me with a little iron to sooth away the midweek jitters…haha…

simpleguy
10-25-08, 5:37 pm
….but workouts fuckin suck man, ive lost weight & reps on every exercise…box squats down from 150x3 to 140x2, inclines down from 75kgx3 to 62.5x2(shocking…)…but I spose its expected…..still, I miss those glycogen driven days more than the food at the moment, the recoverys a bit slower as well, but ok….fuck…look at me, its barely been a week…haha….

you know, so far everything you said has worked the same for me... although I did feel great and energetic on the diet, my strength went down almost unbelievably in the first 2-3 weeks... after you get a few weeks into it, some of it might come back, but for me it wasn't all... like barely now after 2 months of bulking again I'm pretty close to my previous PRs

my recovery sucked as well... I'm not trying to play an expert here, but in my opinion it's good to listen to your body, like if you feel you get too sore, or have severe DOMS, maybe consider lowering the volume a bit - your taking in less calories

stay strong and focused bro, you can do this...

violator
10-26-08, 4:36 pm
you know, so far everything you said has worked the same for me... although I did feel great and energetic on the diet, my strength went down almost unbelievably in the first 2-3 weeks... after you get a few weeks into it, some of it might come back, but for me it wasn't all... like barely now after 2 months of bulking again I'm pretty close to my previous PRs

my recovery sucked as well... I'm not trying to play an expert here, but in my opinion it's good to listen to your body, like if you feel you get too sore, or have severe DOMS, maybe consider lowering the volume a bit - your taking in less calories

stay strong and focused bro, you can do this...

yeah, im gettin cramps easier as well....had a 10min call on my cell the other day & after i hung up, i got this monster cramp in the lower area of my bicep....so i upped sodium like tablesalt with the last few meals, seems to be helpin things....but like u said, listen to the body, thats key....i train with pretty low volume....higher frequency....but that can still cause fatigue in the CNS if im not carefull....thanks for checkin up man...

violator
10-26-08, 4:37 pm
Day 9 down….& I learnt a valuable & hard lesson today…
9am: 50gs iso-protien, 2 fish oil caps, 1tbsp natty black cat…
Went in for squash, but my buddy got fuct last night at some party…so hit up 40mins on the eviliptical, 310calories, HR95-101…low intensity…BCAA stack during, nitro after….and then an ab circuit, 4exercises, 2 sets….felt great, good energy….hometime & repeated the pre-workout meal again for post….
around 1pm, went out to my ladys, mates, boyfriends restaurant for lunch….man…I was just sitting there, lookin at the descriptions of all this killer food & knowing I cant eat any of it….fuckin torture….i think its too early to introduce a full cheat meal, so I did a 4 egg omelette, loaded with mushies, feta, a little mozzarella & loadsa chopped bacon…..bad boy on the bacon & cheese I know, I know…but the real problem was the portion size, it was double what I shoulda eaten, but I couldn’t help it…haha….

That’s when everything turned bad….i felt bloated, obviously, the stomach isn’t used to this size portion anymore, so it tightened up, i had bowel discomfort, & its turned my metabolisim on its head, I don’t even feel tired rite now, & I was yawning 4hrs ago….
Had to skip meal 4&5, which is fuckin disappointing, I basically almost blew all the work ive done till now…..
But now, as i sit here, throwing down another shake &PB, ive realised, lesson learned, im a step closer to understanding my physiology, and I know I gots 2 keep this straight up, no more fuckin around…
This weeks gonna be 100%.....

D-Bomb
10-28-08, 3:42 am
don't stress too much compadre, the calorie fluctuation can be good for the body, and besides you were keeping it in a ketogenic state so all in all not too bad going. I'm surprised how your body acted towards it...damn must of been a pretty big meal haha.

violator
10-31-08, 8:30 am
End of week 2….my how time flies….
This weeks been pretty consistent, apart from the cock up on sunday….i got all my meals in….on time….well, within 20mins…
Trainings been good, as far as getting to gym & energy levels are concerned…
Strength is still way down, lost 5kg on my seated military press….bummer…cardios hard to get thru…shit im calling it, “the march of death” from now on…haha…
But in general, things are moving along….ill be taking new measurements tomorrow, including bodymass….

I just cant get my head around how I feel like ive just shrunk…haha….not with any fat, but just simply that in proportion, all over my body, I still feel the same…composition wise….no less fat….just less muscle volume & size, my minds really fuckin with me..haha…but its given me new respect for what a guy weighing around 205lbs with low Bf has achieved…
However, I will see this thru to the end, I will persist, I will persevere…..and then im gonna crack on the mass cleanly next year…..

Onward to tomorrow…ME upper tonight….

violator
11-01-08, 11:38 am
Last saturday;

Waist: 35inches
Arms: 15.5
Neck: 15.5
calves: 16.2

Today, 9am;

Waist: 34.7inches
Arms: 15.0
Legs: 24.5
Neck: 15.0
calves: 15.7

Bodyweight down to 87kg flat from 91.8 after 15 days...

Man, this is a mindfuck, i thought id shrunk, & i have....bigtime....i cant believe ive lost so much in terms of measurements....its almost unbelieveable....2 inches on the quads!!...hoollleee shizzzer....
although im feeling smaller than ever, i think my strenghts resurfacing slowly, had a great upper w/o last night, back to 90kg on the decline bench for 9 rest paused reps....im happy with that...& the chins were much better this week as well....

the diets been good, fairly consistent, havent missed any meals so far, & its all been clean, so i think im gonna hit a cheat meal tommorrow, my mamas sunday roast...ooohhhh yeahhhhh.....cant wait....

still goin in 4 ME lower just now, think its time to rock some hack squats & see how those have gone after 3 weeks of box squatting....ive been dwelling in the base numbers for the last 2 weeks now, i dont think im gonna set up a blast cycle for the rest of the year, i just dont think im gonna be setting any PRs or growing while im depleted, so ill just hit it up to the max for the next 4 weeks, then another brief deload sesson for a week, then done till next year.....man, this year has flown by...& i havent really gotten what i wanted outta it training wise, but 2009s on the horison, & its now the preseason, gotta make it count....

violator
11-03-08, 7:39 am
Wow, some really cool stuffs gone down for me recently....
first, i opened my 2 Big 88 cans the other week & got a lanyard & the limited white sticker as prizes...sweet...i look at that lanyard all day on my keys & it helps me keep the eye on the prize, especially when im losing focus.....
& i have the coolest girl in the world, she bought me some Affliction boardshorts this weeknd, man...at R1600 ($190) a pair, she must really love me...haha....

Trainings been tough, put myself thru hell this weeknd, ME upper on friday nite, followed by 30mins cardio on 'the march of death'..... first hit 60mins cardio on saturday morning, then had an ME lower session on saturday afternoon around 5pm...

SLDL; 120kgx6
1min xtreme ham stretch...

DC calve raise in the sled 4 sets 8x6pps straight setted...

then onto my good ol friend the hack squat, ass to heels baby, thats how we tear some new life into the quads, maxed out at 130kgx3 ATG.....
1 min quad stretch....

was a good workout, strength feels like its comin back, i was surprised with it considering the early morning cardio...

on sunday, hit up anothr 45min session on 'the march of death', then a pack of nitro, & 1hr of HIIT squash with my mate, didnt lose an eye this time...haha...

i was feeling pretty drained by sunday eve, and what better way to pick me up, than by having my first cheat meal on this diet, i went 16days no carbs till then, so i ravaged my mamas sunday beef roast, with gravy, roast potatoes, roast veggies, ice cream & scones for dessert, damn that was great......

made me feel a bit lethargic though, i didnt feel too much like eating this morning, so started the day with a shake instead of eggs for a change.....

RE upper tonight....mmmmmm.......cant wait....now let me finish my chicken & spinach....

D-Bomb
11-03-08, 9:32 am
sounds like some awesome stuff is going down Bru!
Your hack squat numbers are hell of a good dude!
damn you must have like ten Animal Lanyards by now...hehe...
good to hear about the relationship, now ya just gotta get some GASP Grips or something, hella expensive! JK...greatest thing to have another to care for...

Chicken and spinach haha, life is good.

simpleguy
11-03-08, 10:33 am
hey bro hang in there, keep up the great work, it will pay off in the long run... a while back I read one of BigAl's articles on universalusa.com, and to be honest, our minds play tricks on us all the time, of course though more so when dieting... don't worry about muscle loss, there's no way you've lost muscle in 2 weeks, eating 1.5 gr of protein per lb... you were just carrying water weight

stay strong

ironshaolin
11-03-08, 10:40 am
Vio's got a new journey, cool stuff son. When I did my keto I found strength did drop a bit in the beginning, but once I settled into it, I started hitting PR's again, so keep at it will ya!

violator
11-04-08, 10:26 am
sounds like some awesome stuff is going down Bru!
Your hack squat numbers are hell of a good dude!
damn you must have like ten Animal Lanyards by now...hehe...
good to hear about the relationship, now ya just gotta get some GASP Grips or something, hella expensive! JK...greatest thing to have another to care for...

Chicken and spinach haha, life is good.

yup, lifes fuckin beautiful...im actually eating it again as i type now...haha...

hey bro hang in there, keep up the great work, it will pay off in the long run... a while back I read one of BigAl's articles on universalusa.com, and to be honest, our minds play tricks on us all the time, of course though more so when dieting... don't worry about muscle loss, there's no way you've lost muscle in 2 weeks, eating 1.5 gr of protein per lb... you were just carrying water weight

stay strong

thanks for the support G, ur right, i know this....but the ol grey matter just loves fuckin wit me....haha...

Vio's got a new journey, cool stuff son. When I did my keto I found strength did drop a bit in the beginning, but once I settled into it, I started hitting PR's again, so keep at it will ya!

Shaolin!. my brother....from a different kung fu motha....good 2 have u on board...

violator
11-08-08, 8:20 am
todays day 23 of the diet....and the measurements are more or less the same as last week...my mass also has only dropped by a 1/2 a kg this week...still half a kg or not....its progress....so that puts me at 86.5kg....bring it on....

i took an honest look at my physique for the first time yesterday...i can see ive got more definition everywhere...especially the quads, there lookin pretty good....my delts are gettin more lean and the love handles are slowly evaporating....good news....

trainings been pretty good this week, got all my workouts in, strengths starting to reappear...hit 85kg on the incline smitty for 3/3/2 Rest paused yesterday, my wide grip chins are also improving....up to 3 sets of 12-15....almost at the BW, but im still using the assited machine to keep form correct, using 3 plates as the counter....

Also, ive rented a granny/ garden flat in Mokopane, where im gonna be based for the next 6 months tuesday thru friday.....this helps me alot wiht the travelling time, and the rents not too bad....
on the plus side tho, ive found a small gym 5km from the flat....no aircon...no larny plates, just some half decent rusted machines & barbells and a good ol squat rack....nice...& the memberships dirt cheap....shit, theyve even got a elliptical machine for the cardio....cant wait to hit it up this comin week....

I think in about 2 weeks ill start hitting some HIIT for cardio, need to get that endurance up, so ill be doin 3 2min rounds on the heavy bag(workin up to 5 rounds over the 3 weeks) , some box jumps, rope climbibing and general circuit work with pushups/ pullups and low impact leg work like wall sits and loadsa stretching....im hoping to be fit enough to get back into some martial arts training early next year.....chinese wrestling and tai chi....

hit up 50mins of cardio this morning, the gyms air-con was out, so it made it even harder...haha...i love it...i was sweating like a whore in church by the end, dont think ive ever had a cardio sesson that tough before.....50mins, 400cals....HR 95-105....oooohhh yeaaahhh....i can feel the fat melting off me...haha.....
gonna go back just now for an ME lower session....helll yeahhhh...its leg day bitches....

Im gonna have my cheat meal tonight, no idea what it is yet, but an old family friends havin her 21st bday party tonight, so ill just pound down the cals & carbs there instead of tommorrow....

onward to next week......

violator
11-11-08, 11:38 am
day 26....
Overcast days in the northern province, light rain, stoppin in the afternoon....cool air temp of 21 degrees......ahhhh fresh air, none of that city shit......time to hit the bricks....

3km run, slow pace, 40mins....
full stretch.....35mins...

buddha sit against the wall...3 sets of 60secs
buddha sit....3 sets 90secs...failed on 74 on the last one...

ham & quad stretch....

rotator cuff broomstick pullover DC style....2 sets 20...
wide grip chins...4 sets of 5....
close grip....4 sets of 8.....6 on the last set.....
hanging lat stretch for 1min 30secs....

pushups...with my cool pushup pro grips....haha....4 sets of 10, then 3 sets of 6...

heavy grips....100x20, 150x10, 150x10....30sec static hold....200x8, 200x6....15sec static....then 100 till failure on 24reps...15sec static...good burn...

good workout.....really had the blood pumpin on the pushups....

diet today;

on waking: 1 pack fibre supp, 750ml water....

meal 1: shake, 1tbsp PB, 2fish oil....

meal 2: smoked chicken, baby green leaf salad with EVOO & balsamic, 1 large pickle, small handfull raw almonds...2 uniliver & the PAK...

meal 3: same as meal 1

workout: 1 serving BCAA stack during, ! pack nitro after...

meal4: 140g lean sirloin, 8 asparagus tips, 1tbsp EVOO, small handfull almonds.....2uniliver

meal 5: same as meal 1

inbetween; 1 pack fibre supp

meal 6: 4 whole eggs, 1500mg vit C, milkthistle

keepin it consistent...... managing to schedule my meetings around mealtimes...... and then just pullin over to the side of the road in the car to chow whenever the timings right..... means im gettin in the cals when i need em.....

however, my muscles are seeming a bit flatter this week...im thinkin of throwin some storm into the mix during workouts to draw some water into the bitches.... we'll see how that goes....
my sleeping patterns been weird lately..... gettin the required 8 hrs....but no more...seems like a biological alarm bell wakes me up....strange...but kinda cool.....energy's good during the day & i feel a bit more irritable this week....but in general...not bad....

Malloy1344
11-11-08, 12:01 pm
Just saw you back on the Forvm!! Welcome back bro!

D-Bomb
11-11-08, 1:55 pm
seems solid dude. Storm will be great man!, no carb content either!

violator
11-12-08, 2:17 am
Just saw you back on the Forvm!! Welcome back bro!

haha...thanks Jim....

seems solid dude. Storm will be great man!, no carb content either!

thanks G....

diesel1976
11-12-08, 2:37 am
I just read your entire journey. Very interesting stuff. I have always been curious about keto dieting. I am learning alot from your firsthand account of the process. Thanks for sharing.

violator
11-12-08, 7:07 am
I just read your entire journey. Very interesting stuff. I have always been curious about keto dieting. I am learning alot from your firsthand account of the process. Thanks for sharing.

thanks for readin man....stay tuned!

violator
11-12-08, 7:22 am
and the sickness continues....

wednesday...RE upper...

rotator cuff warmups

flat DB bench; 5x12-15....maxing at 22kgs for 15....
xtreme chest stretch 1min...

lat pulldown s/s with face pulls....3x15, 1x12

clean & press from floor...been a while since i hit this...2x9(40kg) 1x6(50kg) 1x9(40kg)
xtreme delt stretch 45secs...

CGBP; 4x15-20, using 60kg for max...
xtreme tri stretch...45secs..

DB shrugs; 4x12...

spent.....

violator
11-18-08, 9:50 am
damn...33 days in....it feels like i started this yesterday...
down to 84kg as of today, thats 7.5kgs of the bench of 91.5kg.....and 33.8" on the waist, down from 36"....i darent even think about measuring anything else.....
but progress is progress....ive been feeling tempted lately....but the devil aint gonna get me, nuh uh, this motherfuckers stayin true to the course....even if it costs me sanity, safety and sacrifice...i aint budgin....

i long for a conditioned physique, to long have i sat on the fences and disillusioned myself with the feeling of confidence, brought about falsly, by layers of useless fat....man....this shit aint easy...i have an old memory of goin into a supp shop around 3 yrs ago, when i was just starting to educate myself on nutrition...i met the attendant there who showed me a bit of this and a bit of that....i remember seeing animalmax protien & thinkin, "that shit will be sure to get me jacked in one can"....haha....good times....but i recall the last thing he said to me as i left,
"building muscle takes a long time, a really long time.".....
and the message is just that, although ive gone a long way since then, ive given myself a false sense of security by increasing my bodyweight...alas...under the skin is where the truth is told....as i lean down now, and im grateful for all the fruits of my past efforts, but i see the reality....i aint shit.....i aint even halfway to where i dream to be, this will take years, oh yes it will....but im up for the game....bring it on....brick by brick, day by day....

violator
11-18-08, 9:54 am
day 33...HIT...

sprints, 6x30sec
mid pace jog to recover inbetween for 15-20secs

then cool down jog 20mins...

pushups...6 sets 15-20reps, grips: front, inner, outer, reverse, wide palm, front again....

crunches...2 sets of 20
romain chair...2 sets 20
hanging leg raise...2 sets10-12

wide grip pull ups 3x5-8 Bodyweight

wall handstands, 3 sets 45 secs....

cooldown stretch & breathing exercises.....

simpleguy
11-18-08, 3:17 pm
damn...33 days in....it feels like i started this yesterday...
down to 84kg as of today, thats 7.5kgs of the bench of 91.5kg.....and 33.8" on the waist, down from 36"....i darent even think about measuring anything else.....
but progress is progress....ive been feeling tempted lately....but the devil aint gonna get me, nuh uh, this motherfuckers stayin true to the course....even if it costs me sanity, safety and sacrifice...i aint budgin....

i long for a conditioned physique, to long have i sat on the fences and disillusioned myself with the feeling of confidence, brought about falsly, by layers of useless fat....man....this shit aint easy...i have an old memory of goin into a supp shop around 3 yrs ago, when i was just starting to educate myself on nutrition...i met the attendant there who showed me a bit of this and a bit of that....i remember seeing animalmax protien & thinkin, "that shit will be sure to get me jacked in one can"....haha....good times....but i recall the last thing he said to me as i left,
"building muscle takes a long time, a really long time.".....
and the message is just that, although ive gone a long way since then, ive given myself a false sense of security by increasing my bodyweight...alas...under the skin is where the truth is told....as i lean down now, and im grateful for all the fruits of my past efforts, but i see the reality....i aint shit.....i aint even halfway to where i dream to be, this will take years, oh yes it will....but im up for the game....bring it on....brick by brick, day by day....

good to know we think alike bro, and I assume just like me you're not the crazy hardgainer who eats pizza and stays lean...

so in the off-season we just make this foolish mistakes of putting unwanted fat, cause hey, we're bulking... I remember on my keto diet I was thinking just like you bro, thinking about the mistakes I did... when you realise how hard it is to get the lard off, you change your way of thinking

btw I thought the same thing a while back with animal cuts, that shit will change me dramatically LOL... it's not that it doesn't work, but little did I know

violator
11-19-08, 2:33 am
good to know we think alike bro, and I assume just like me you're not the crazy hardgainer who eats pizza and stays lean...

so in the off-season we just make this foolish mistakes of putting unwanted fat, cause hey, we're bulking... I remember on my keto diet I was thinking just like you bro, thinking about the mistakes I did... when you realise how hard it is to get the lard off, you change your way of thinking

btw I thought the same thing a while back with animal cuts, that shit will change me dramatically LOL... it's not that it doesn't work, but little did I know

yeah, its amazing...my appproach to next yrs bulk will be totally different....

i honestly think i cann get this shit done without thermogenics, this diet works so well just with the basics of supplementation.......

thanks for the words bro....

violator
11-22-08, 5:24 am
Day36....

chest & tris.....old skool volume for dat azz....haha....

CHEST:

incline bench;

bar x 15

20 kg x 10
25kg x 10
30kg x 10
40kg x 8
50kg x 8
60kg x 4
70kg x 3 x 3
30kg x 20

flat flyes;

14kg x 12
16kg x 10
16kg x 10
14kg x 10

TRICEPS:

CGBP:

bar x15
20kg x 12
30kg x 10
40kg x 10
50kg x 6 x 6
30kg till failure, round 23 reps i think....

rope pushdowns;

15kg x 15
20kg x 12
25kg x 10
15kg till failure...15reps...

45mins on 'the march of death' to round things off....

FUCT...............

violator
11-22-08, 5:30 am
ahhhh.....i love weeknds....
no one in the gym....well hardly no one....machines & equipment always free....no maddening crowds giving me gym rage......
i love it...some say weeknd warriors are posers....fuck that...while evryones partying...im getting ahead.....gotta love the ability to go to gym twice a day on saturday & sunday....

to all the fallen, the weekend warriors....i hold the flag up high....& beatdown any motherfucker that gets in my way......

the diets goin well as i approach the end, in for the last 18 days....its gonna b a breeze from here on out.....
i think next year im definetly gonna add another 5 weeks into this & shoot for 10-12 depending on how much fat mass i pick up....but this has been a real eye opener on what exactly the power of nutrition can do to the body.....nomore fuckin around from here on out....in 2009 Violators gonna shut em down......

thebottom line as of today......

waist: 33.4 inches...
Bodyweight: 83.5kg...
18% bodyfat...(man...that bums me out.....i aint shit...)

violator
11-27-08, 3:35 am
less than 2 weeks to go.....
& im behind...behind on what i thought i could achieve with this.....
now dont get me wrong....im happy with the results thus far....in fact, theyve been pretty astounding in fact.....im feeling leaner and tighter than ever before....my arms are showing great definition along with my delts....my back has seemed to dry out niceyl & the v-taper from my lats looks a lot better now the waistline is receding.......my quads r lookin good too...heck...its all good....except for the pudgy 3kg belly fat thats hanging off the front of my stomach.....haha...
But, the fact remains....i underestmated exactly how much fat i was carrying....somehow, i managed to trick myself into believing it was real weight.....im pretty fuckin far from bein in skin tight condition...im sure that it would take another 7-8weeks minimum to get to that stage.....still....ive learned a valuable lesson about my body type and its ability to accumulate/ dissipate fat stores.....next years strategy is gonna have to be way different than anything ive ever attempted before....its time to get serious....one year...to see if ive really got what it takes to get thru the next few & bring about my full genetic potential...

now enough of dreams and aspirations & lets get down to the real world....bring on that cardio....the march of death continues into day 42.....

D-Bomb
11-27-08, 8:09 pm
here for you buddy!, always reading taking mental notes...march death to the end

simpleguy
11-28-08, 5:38 am
keep doing what you're doing bro, I felt kinda the same thing, in the offseason I was fooling myself that a big part of the weight was good mass, when instead it was just lard... anyway bro, stay on track, work hard these last 2 weeks and at the end of it you'll feel great knowing you gave it your all

violator
11-28-08, 5:44 am
here for you buddy!, always reading taking mental notes...march death to the end

keep doing what you're doing bro, I felt kinda the same thing, in the offseason I was fooling myself that a big part of the weight was good mass, when instead it was just lard... anyway bro, stay on track, work hard these last 2 weeks and at the end of it you'll feel great knowing you gave it your all

thanks gents.....

violator
11-30-08, 2:30 pm
this weekends training;

Friday;

Chest/ tris & abs...

rotator cuff warmups...3x20 each arm

decline BB press in smitty;
bar x 20
40kg x 15
50kg x15
70kg x 10
75kg x 8
90kg x 5
95kg x 3/3/2 rest paused
50kg x 18....failed, just couldnt hit 20...

flat DB Flye;
14kg x 12
16kg x 10
18kg x 8
14kg x 12

cable cross;

3x10-12...pyramiding weight..

chest stretch....1 min

skullies;
25kg x15
38kg x10
42kg x6
28kg x 12

v-bar pushdown

4x10-15 pyramiding weight with a drop set on the 4th...

4x ab circuit....

then 50mins of 'the march of death'...345cals...HR120-130....soaked....nitro after the iron & BCAA stack during w/o......

went to sun city on saturday, got up early at 5 top go do cardio at the gym, but they were fuckin closed!!!....bullshit!!!.....so just went home & took a 2km walk.....

sunday;

back/ delts/tris....

wide grip pullups....3x12-15....on assisted pullup machine....

t-bar rows
20kg x 15
30kg x 12
50kg x 8
70kg x 6
30kg x 10

clean & press;

45kg x 12
55kg x 8
55kg x 6
45kg x 10

side raise s/set with rear delt flye;

14kg x 8
16kg x 6
16kg x 6
12kg x 10

hercules curl s/set with hammer curls

4 x 10-12....

45mins of cardio after each workout.....

weighed in at 82.5kg this morning, after a piss & with an empty stomach.....1 more kg & it will be a 10kg (22lb) loss......gotta keep it comin......

D-Bomb
11-30-08, 3:02 pm
nice dude 10kgs loss!! huge!! ...liking the workouts man! really coming along i reckon.

violator
12-01-08, 1:29 am
nice dude 10kgs loss!! huge!! ...liking the workouts man! really coming along i reckon.

thanks Big G.....but not quite 10kg yet....gimmie another week or so...haha....
we should hook up 4 a w/o soon, its been a while......

violator
12-03-08, 6:01 am
Day 48....

Dry weight as of yesterday 07:30 AM.....82.1kg.....soooo close now i can almost taste it....haha..
7 more days left, 600grams of flab to go.....
im happy with the progress so far, the last 2 weeks ive started to see a marked difference.... my abs are slowly starting to appear, i can see the top 2 well, but the lower half is still a bit pudgy....
my obliques have tightened up nicely, & my intercostals are ripping up nicely & now that the love handle flaps are reduced, the width & length of my lats looks much better....

Diet, pretty much the same every day;

wake up: 1 serving sugar free fibre supp, 750ml water

1 hr cardio...BCAA stack during, nitro after

45 min later: 46g whey shake, EFAs, 1tbsp natty PB

2hrs later: 4 whole canola eggs, animalpak

2 1/2hrs later: 180g chicken, spinach, handful almonds, 1tbsp EVOO, 3 uni-liver

2 1/2hrs later: 46g whey shake, EFAs, 1tbsp natty PB

workout then 40min cardio...BCAA stack during, nitro after lifting

40mins post w/o: 180g fish, spinach, handful almonds, 1tbsp EVOO, 3 uni-liver

1 1/2hrs later: fibre supp...

30mins later: 46g whey shake, EFAs, 1tbsp natty PB, 1500mg vitc, 1 cap milkthistle

Drinkin a gallon & a half a day + 2 cups green tea at night.....ive been stopping drinking water an hour before & after meals, to help aid digestion, & i have to say, ive noticed a big difference in regularity with the fibre supp.....
thats it, pain & simple, recipie for success, no doubt....oh yeah, & i havent touched a fat burner at all.....interesting.....

As far as the food goes, its been smooth sailing, ive been indulging in 1 cheat a week & thats been fine, no cravings, no hunger pangs...the fats fill me up nicely...im sure i could stick to this next year for an additional 7 weeks, another 7 weeks on this diet that id be one ripped mothafucker prolly 5%BF at 75kg....
fuck....did i just say 75kg....fuck, thats barely over a buck fifty...haha...so much for 200lbs...haha...
....ahem, reality check once again....I gots serious work to do next year.....

violator
12-05-08, 5:57 am
this is it...7 weeks in....feels like nothing...man, i could do with another 7...haha....

BW floating around the 82kg mark.....lookin lean....well, sorta.....

hitting up chest tonight, cant wait.....already did an hour cardio this morning.....feelin pretty energised.....

six more days to go.........the final straight is in view.....and im runnin up on that motherfucka like im out for vengance.....

bring it on!!!!!!

im ahead of my time, in my prime, one of a kind, outta my mind....muwahahaha......(-ONYX)

simpleguy
12-05-08, 6:37 am
good work bro, less then a week left, sounds like you made some good progress... I'll be droppin by to see your final thoughts on the diet and everything

violator
12-08-08, 4:47 pm
diet ends in 2 days....man...havin crazy thoughts....
been tempted sooo badd to cheat & just say, "hey, well....its basically the end.."...
but no...
i will see this thru...all the way.....12 meals to go...
Im focused on the finish line....nothing else....thursday morning...d-day..the moment of reckoning....

'im unrippable, like knicks tickets" -Mr. Eon

D-Bomb
12-08-08, 8:35 pm
sho, where is our workout fella? i trusted you to keep track haha...
good to hear your so frigging dedicated. It will see you through for next year man!

violator
12-09-08, 3:10 am
sho, where is our workout fella? i trusted you to keep track haha...
good to hear your so frigging dedicated. It will see you through for next year man!

damn, i was hopin u were keepin track....haha.....

D-Bomb
12-09-08, 7:05 am
damn, i was hopin u were keepin track....haha.....

hahaha

violator
12-11-08, 12:55 am
So here it is, the end of the path....
its been 55 days....almost 8 weeks.....

measurements as of 16th october..

waist: 36"
BW: 91.5kg / 201.3lbs
BF: 26%

measurements as of this morning 11 December...

waist: 32.8" (-3.2")
BW: 81.7kg / 179.7lbs (-9.8kg / 21.5lbs)
BF: 14.2% (-11.8%)

man, im so stoked.....almost a 10kg reduction in 8 weeks!, this diet fuckin rocks man....
i definetley think im suited for this diet....felt good and full of energy all the way thru, mind you, the first 2 weeks sucked, but i got over the strength drop and flat feeling pretty quickly.....after that, it was all smooth sailing....& i didnt drop a meal, AT ALL....im pround of that....

i feel leaner than ive been in years....but suffice to say that i should have done this for another 5 weeks at least to see a BF% of around 5%.....but still, i intended this to be a trial of the diet, to see if it suited my metabolisim and body type, & ill say it again, i think it was a raging success.....next year however, i think ill hit it up for at least 16weeks....i think thats more than possible.....

As for now, its on to the offseason eating, ohhhhhh yeeaaahhhhh.....im sitting here slamming a shake with a cup of oats....man, i actually missed the taste of oats...haha....
but im gonna keep it cleaner than ever this comin year....that way ill have less work to do next year....

thanks to all that read this thread, hope u enjoyed it...i tried to keep it as simple as possible...with no real technical analysis....just for the man on the street to use as a basic template....thats waht i loved about keto....keep it simple....thats all....simple diet, simple supplementation, just the basics....and you know what?...it worked....

big ups for 2008 to all the animals on the forvm....i'll catch yall next year....now its off to mozambique to wrestle some whalesharks and swim with the fishes.....see ya in 2009....

peace

simpleguy
12-11-08, 11:05 am
So here it is, the end of the path....
its been 55 days....almost 8 weeks.....

measurements as of 16th october..

waist: 36"
BW: 91.5kg / 201.3lbs
BF: 26%

measurements as of this morning 11 December...

man, im so stoked.....almost a 10kg reduction in 8 weeks!, this diet fuckin rocks man....
i definetley think im suited for this diet....felt good and full of energy all the way thru, mind you, the first 2 weeks sucked, but i got over the strength drop and flat feeling pretty quickly.....after that, it was all smooth sailing....& i didnt drop a meal, AT ALL....im pround of that....

i feel leaner than ive been in years....but suffice to say that i should have done this for another 5 weeks at least to see a BF% of around 5%.....but still, i intended this to be a trial of the diet, to see if it suited my metabolisim and body type, & ill say it again, i think it was a raging success.....next year however, i think ill hit it up for at least 16weeks....i think thats more than possible.....

As for now, its on to the offseason eating, ohhhhhh yeeaaahhhhh.....im sitting here slamming a shake with a cup of oats....man, i actually missed the taste of oats...haha....
but im gonna keep it cleaner than ever this comin year....that way ill have less work to do next year....

thanks to all that read this thread, hope u enjoyed it...i tried to keep it as simple as possible...with no real technical analysis....just for the man on the street to use as a basic template....thats waht i loved about keto....keep it simple....thats all....simple diet, simple supplementation, just the basics....and you know what?...it worked....

big ups for 2008 to all the animals on the forvm....i'll catch yall next year....now its off to mozambique to wrestle some whalesharks and swim with the fishes.....see ya in 2009....

peace

awesome results man, I can't believe you actually lost 12% bf, that's amazing!!!

have fun bro

violator
01-06-09, 5:54 am
for all thosse interested in how the body composition is holding out 4 weeks after starting up on the carbs....

measurements as of 11 December...

measurements as of 5th January...

waist: 33.3" (+0.5")
BW: 83.6kg / 183.9lbs (+1.9kg / 4.18 lbs)
BF: 15.6% (+1.4%)

im stoked ive kept the fat off...and i cant believe ive maintained most of my muscle mass aswell....over the last 3 odd weeks ive done a lot of physical activity everyday, ffrom diving, snorkeling & surfing....its been fuckin awesome.....
the highlight for me was down 27metres underwater with 5 bull sharks, a 14ft tigershark and a blacktip, beautiful animals....its like a dream come true.....haha...
the diets been pretty chilled, eating 3-4 times a day....2-3 whole meals & 1-2 shakes...and banging a pack of nitro in the morning,....but ive stayed away from shitty stuff like pizza, burgers and other fast food options...instead ive loaded up on homemade turkey xmas dinner....fresh prawns & seafood....and loadsa fresh fruit & salads.....im feeling fuller and in better condition than ever.....and i almost cant wait to do this diet for a full 14-16 weeks at the end of 2009.....i give top awards for shedding the lard....haha....

Peace

D-Bomb
01-06-09, 6:00 am
good to hear from you mate...Damn i am liking the stats i am liking the diet intake i am liking you flow bro! haha...would of been cool to set up a dive together man!! Damn...all i saw were 2-3 medium size raggy tooths at pinnacle where did you dive? I was thinking of also doing Protea Banks again with my dad but didnt feel up to it for some reason. wow...sounds like you had an AMAZING dive !!

good to hear...could use your ass on leg day bro...the weights were good yesterday...

haha which size wetsuit you got dude? hehe...XL-5 for me and its tight as hell!!

violator
01-06-09, 6:18 am
Bomb!
yeah man....i saw those at pinnacle...but the pinnacles in mozambique, not aliwal....haha....
goin to aliwal to do the tigershark course in march.....should be cool.....ive been told protea banks is quite hectic as well....i know a guy who had a heart attack there comin up from 50m with no deco....and the dudes still alive!....lesson for 2009 i spose.....anything is possible!...haha...

bru, im gonna be at planetfuckedupness every week, thurs thru monday....if u ever wanna hook up....lemme know....

peace

D-Bomb
01-06-09, 6:23 am
Bomb!
yeah man....i saw those at pinnacle...but the pinnacles in mozambique, not aliwal....haha....
goin to aliwal to do the tigershark course in march.....should be cool.....ive been told protea banks is quite hectic as well....i know a guy who had a heart attack there comin up from 50m with no deco....and the dudes still alive!....lesson for 2009 i spose.....anything is possible!...haha...

bru, im gonna be at planetfuckedupness every week, thurs thru monday....if u ever wanna hook up....lemme know....

peace

Nice...oh ok haha, sweet sounds crazy!
Yeah they say it is one of the toughest dives in the world! I still need to do my advanced and i was on that dive! lol i have done 53 dives now... jees thats crazy...cant believe it but wow! oh yea always.

shot sounds good dude...i may train today and then i got to just rest for a day or so...

violator
01-06-09, 6:34 am
haha which size wetsuit you got dude? hehe...XL-5 for me and its tight as hell!!

haha...yeah, thats the shit thing about diving & BBing....needing 2 buy a new wettie every time!!...haha..... i gots a size L myself, but then again, i aint a monster like u...haha...

D-Bomb
01-06-09, 10:38 am
yea dude...had to cut the arms and legs to fit my shortness but my width as well lol...well with any luck and hard driven disciplined work this year will be a growing season man...