PDA

View Full Version : New York Visit

sanga
10-16-08, 11:45 am
After The Cage 09 I will be flying to New York for 5 days with the wife, no training, just sight seeing and enjoying the chillin.

Anyone tell me some good hotels, what to go visit, what to avoid, anything I should be doing or seeing while there?

simpleguy
10-16-08, 12:51 pm
bumpin this one for sanga...

sanga
10-18-08, 2:47 pm
Come one New Yorkers, spill the beans.

Cstlfx
10-18-08, 3:45 pm
It depends on where you're going. Are you heading into the city? If so, cant help you there, but if you're going upstate, then I can help you out some.

AFTazz06
10-18-08, 5:40 pm
Well it depends on what your into, if you like sight seeing outdoors, there's always the statue of liberty (which might still be open, not sure), Central park, central park zoo, etc. If your into more indoors kind of stuff, try the Museum of Natural History, there's a wax museum in times square too. MOMA(museum of modern art), you can visit the Empire state building (they give tours and stuff). so just depends on what your taste is. oh but i must insist that you try NY pizza, there's nothing like it anywhere else, so i hope your not on keto while your in the Big Apple, haha.

BiG in NYC 823
10-18-08, 6:24 pm
What exactly are you looking for?

Maybe I can help ya out..

SDR
10-18-08, 6:35 pm
definatly eat at a place called MAXIES, in the heart of times square...Pizzas, Steaks, everything!!

A hotel i strongly reccomend is the milford plaza, not overly fancy, but its pretty much in the heart of time square, so you wont need to wander out far or fork out on cabs everywhere..

any more info pm me, went there back in 06

Valkyrie83
10-21-08, 9:34 am
Are you going into New York City? Definitely go into Times Square. There's a lot going on there. The hotels there are expensive though. You should also check out the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. Just google to get more info.

sanga
10-21-08, 9:35 am
Cheers mate, yeah after the cage I promised the wife 5 nights in New York to see everything and no training whilst there, lol

Enforcer
10-21-08, 9:37 am
After The Cage 09 I will be flying to New York for 5 days with the wife, no training, just sight seeing and enjoying the chillin.

Anyone tell me some good hotels, what to go visit, what to avoid, anything I should be doing or seeing while there?

A few things you must do: hit up the Hard Rock, eat a NY hot dog from a street vendor, check out Times Square, take a trip over to Canal street for some good knock offs, and pick up some NY Mets memorbilia.

sanga
10-21-08, 9:50 am
Will do mate, thanks.

I`m really looking forward to my first trip to the states, can`t wait, I`m like a little kid excited at christmas and its 5 months away.

J-Dawg
10-21-08, 9:50 am
Where's NG? He knows all the good sites in NYC.

Enforcer
10-21-08, 9:54 am
Where's NG? He knows all the good sites in NYC.

I heard NG really knows his way around Chelsea...lmao

Big Wides
10-21-08, 9:58 am
eat a NY hot dog from a street vendor

Gotta love the eats that are available at the Roach Coach

Enforcer
10-21-08, 10:00 am
Gotta love the eats that are available at the Roach Coach

Indeed, idc who you are and what kind of diet you follow, if you are visiting NY for the first time you need to hit up a roach coach for a hot dog and a hot pretzel. It's a man law

sanga
10-21-08, 10:07 am
Whats all this I hear about a stack of pancakes, I need to go order a stack with maple syrup apparantly?

BaseballMonster
10-23-08, 9:19 am
The Beach (Jones Beach)

Theres also a nice Hilton Hotel on Route 110 in Melville if you need the occupado sign on the door they got em ;)

Visit Bev Francis' Gym in Syosset.

Go To The Outlets In Riverhead/Bellport (Tanger outlets)

theres alot to do here but its costly cus after all it is the northeast

BaseballMonster
10-23-08, 9:20 am
Indeed, idc who you are and what kind of diet you follow, if you are visiting NY for the first time you need to hit up a roach coach for a hot dog and a hot pretzel. It's a man law

Tru that, it fuckin is a man law for ppl who havent been to NY

sanga
10-23-08, 9:57 am
Will check all these out fellas, thanks.

Pancake stacks??