PDA

View Full Version : Bed Time Omega????

xSwornxHardcorex
10-16-08, 12:44 pm
Is it bad to take my omega before bed? dont u use omega to burn fat throughout the day or am i thinking wrong?? Whens the best time?

Thetasteofink69
10-16-08, 12:55 pm
I know a lot of guys take it right before bed.. But the way I understand it, EFA's are required for your metabolism to function at 100%.. So I usually take it either shortly before or shortly after lunch.. It probably doesn't make much of a difference though

Freakshow
10-16-08, 12:57 pm
Is it bad to take my omega before bed? dont u use omega to burn fat throughout the day or am i thinking wrong?? Whens the best time?

I always take it with Pak in the AM but I see no reason why you couldn't take it before bed. I don't simply because I take Flex before bed.

naturalguy
10-16-08, 3:14 pm
As long as you take it daily I don't believe that the timing is that crucial. I take mine with my 2nd meal but that is out of convenience.

J-Dawg
10-16-08, 3:47 pm

I don't see any issues taking Omega prior to bed, esp. along with a high protein meal. I like to get a good protein/fat (PF) meal. I do 2 servings a day. One pack with my 12pm meal and another pack prior to bed w/ a solid protein source.

J-Dawg
10-16-08, 3:48 pm
As long as you take it daily I don't believe that the timing is that crucial. I take mine with my 2nd meal but that is out of convenience.

NG, you up to two packs a day?

sanga
10-16-08, 3:57 pm

Agreed, I take Animalpak with breakfast, Omega with lunch and Flex with dinner, it doesn`t matter, consistancy is the key here..

naturalguy
10-16-08, 4:00 pm
NG, you up to two packs a day?

I was, I have to get back to that, going to start back on it tonight

sanga
10-16-08, 4:06 pm
You notice any diference on 2 packs as oppossed to 1 NG and do you cut other fats down if taking in supplement form, i.e. fish olis, flax etc?

Elite
10-16-08, 4:07 pm
I take mine as far out from training as possible, either with breakfast or last meal, due to the anti inflammatory nature of some EFA's.

Universal Rep
10-16-08, 4:08 pm

Nope. Take 'em when ya like.

naturalguy
10-16-08, 4:28 pm
You notice any diference on 2 packs as oppossed to 1 NG and do you cut other fats down if taking in supplement form, i.e. fish olis, flax etc?

Subtle differences. I felt better overall, more energy through the day. I don't alter my diet when I double up and that is the only source of supplemental fats that I take in.

Quadriceps
10-16-08, 4:30 pm
I take omega 3 at first and last meal.

Enforcer
10-21-08, 9:18 am

There is no good or bad time in my mind to take Omega, just make sure to take it with a meal.