PDA

View Full Version : What to do ?

matt5x5
10-16-08, 1:23 pm
Hey guys , i'm not sure exactly what thread this belongs in but i'll post it here anyway. I've been training just over year , became sick , lost a lot of weight and i'm confused as to what i should do. I'm in perfect health now , no residual effects accept the loss in weight ( majority of it was muscle). I realize i should bulk , but i'm hesitant due to my bodyfat % which is relatively high at 15-17 %.

My stats : H: 5'9
W: 135 pounds
Bf %: 15- 17 %

For the last 3 months i've been doing and eating the following :

Meal # 1 : 8 egg whites , 1/2 cup oatmeal , tbls natural peanut butter

post-workout shake : 45 g whey

Meal # 2 : 6 Egg whites , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower , 1/2 cup oatmeal , 120 g tuna

Meal # 3 : chicken , turkey or tilipia , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower

Meal # 4 : Lean beef , Chicken or fish , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower or another Egg white omelette.

Meal # 5 : 1 cup 1 % cottage cheese , two tbls Natural peanut butter , 5-10 almonds.

I train 6 days a week running a 4 day split , chest/tricep , bicep/back , delts/traps.

if you need a detailed layout of my training i'll post it up. I train abdominals 2 times a week and usually include 3-4 sessions of cardio.

I'm currently supplementing with : whey , creatine , fish oil and a multi-vitamin.

Would you guys suggest i cut up to 10 % ( i feel ridiculuse even asking ) or clean bulk for a couple months ?

sanga
10-16-08, 3:52 pm
Hey guys , i'm not sure exactly what thread this belongs in but i'll post it here anyway. I've been training just over year , became sick , lost a lot of weight and i'm confused as to what i should do. I'm in perfect health now , no residual effects accept the loss in weight ( majority of it was muscle). I realize i should bulk , but i'm hesitant due to my bodyfat % which is relatively high at 15-17 %.

My stats : H: 5'9
W: 135 pounds
Bf %: 15- 17 %

For the last 3 months i've been doing and eating the following :

Meal # 1 : 8 egg whites , 1/2 cup oatmeal , tbls natural peanut butter

post-workout shake : 45 g whey

Meal # 2 : 6 Egg whites , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower , 1/2 cup oatmeal , 120 g tuna

Meal # 3 : chicken , turkey or tilipia , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower

Meal # 4 : Lean beef , Chicken or fish , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower or another Egg white omelette.

Meal # 5 : 1 cup 1 % cottage cheese , two tbls Natural peanut butter , 5-10 almonds.

I train 6 days a week running a 4 day split , chest/tricep , bicep/back , delts/traps.

if you need a detailed layout of my training i'll post it up. I train abdominals 2 times a week and usually include 3-4 sessions of cardio.

I'm currently supplementing with : whey , creatine , fish oil and a multi-vitamin.

Would you guys suggest i cut up to 10 % ( i feel ridiculuse even asking ) or clean bulk for a couple months ?

Good to hear you are well again and ready to go.

If this was me at your bodyweight I would add some into your diet with a clean bulk as follows-

Meal # 1 : 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal

During workout: Interaid or Gatorade

post-workout shake : 3 scoops Torrent or 45g whey and Gatorade

Meal # 2 : 10 Egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal , or 240 g tuna with pasta or rice

Meal # 3 : chicken , turkey or tilipia , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower, Almonds

Meal # 4 : Lean beef , Chicken or fish , 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower, Almonds

Meal # 5 : 4 whole eggs,4 egg whites, two tbls Natural peanut butter

Animalpak with breakfast
Omega with lunch
Flex with dinner

matt5x5
10-16-08, 6:03 pm
Thanks Sanga for the solid advice , I have already orderd Animalpak , i'll defiently look into the other Animal products you have listed.

Wolfpack
10-17-08, 11:45 am
Are you training legs?

stumblin54
10-17-08, 2:40 pm
Leg training is your key to growth, do not neglect them or your gains will suffer tremendously. Include some cardio a few times per week and train with high intensity and you will be fine. I do not believe an all out cut will be necessary, as your muscle will come back if you're doing things right and a caloric deficit is not the right environment for it to do so.

Stumblin

sanga
10-17-08, 2:51 pm
Leg training is your key to growth, do not neglect them or your gains will suffer tremendously. Include some cardio a few times per week and train with high intensity and you will be fine. I do not believe an all out cut will be necessary, as your muscle will come back if you're doing things right and a caloric deficit is not the right environment for it to do so.

Stumblin

Stumblin has a good point there,only you will know for sure.

I agree ref the leg training, squats in its many forms are a must IMO along with deadlifts, these 2 exercises alone force the whole body to grow.

Good post Stumblin.

matt5x5
10-17-08, 5:05 pm
thanks for the help guys . I don't know why i didn't post a leg day , i mentioned the 4 day split but neglected to post up the 4th day routine (legs). Deadlifting and squating are two lifts i will never neglect.