PDA

View Full Version : Increased Taxation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 12:48 pm
Even at a young age, I saw value in turning the negative into a positive. This set a pattern that never stopped in my life. Most of us don’t have the best of luck but we are still around right? There is nothing really unique about this instinctive survival mechanism we have and the desire to right the wrong.

Nothing is a waste of time if you follow a crooked path, if you seem lost, hopeless or scared. All that matters is that you stay true to your values that feel strongest. This same principle remains with training in our lives and the whole point of my title above.

The news is filled with negativity and the fear of INCREASED TAXATION. I ask you to CELEBRATE WITH ME, a truly different meaning and a positive one at that; in plain terms.

INCREASED TAXATION now means INCREASING TAXATION on muscle fibers through the addition of more working sets. (Can you get any more meat head?) The celebration goes like this; WE add a few more sets to our routine on the best mass builders and in doing so we change a negative title into a positive one! (Pack on some more lean mass...always a good thing!)

Wake up your CNS

Raise your BMR

Increase appetite

Get stronger, bigger and leaner

Increase Taxation

Themostocles
10-16-08, 12:54 pm
Great write up J. I never put that much brain power into it, but its what I have found that works for me. -T.

Hoomgar
10-16-08, 1:19 pm
I can't believe I'm doing this but I believe I'm going to vote in favor of the proposed new Increased Taxation :O

The Sun
10-16-08, 1:22 pm
awesome write man, thanks for sharing from your experience.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 2:10 pm
I can't believe I'm doing this but I believe I'm going to vote in favor of the proposed new Increased Taxation :O

I hope the rest of you on the board are ON BOARD. After all, I don't want only a few getting jacked in the name of gym politics, I want us unified!

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 2:15 pm
awesome write man, thanks for sharing from your experience.

Anytime, I will remain, selfless, giving and respectful. Silent secrets carry no weight.

ghost
10-16-08, 2:23 pm
I hope the rest of you on the board are ON BOARD. After all, I don't want only a few getting jacked in the name of gym politics, I want us unified!

I am definitely on board with this brother. Since the start of this ride, you have been right there by my side, screaming at me to get that last rep. And I am always on board to do the same for you brother.

Strength and Honor.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 2:34 pm
I am definitely on board with this brother. Since the start of this ride, you have been right there by my side, screaming at me to get that last rep. And I am always on board to do the same for you brother.

Strength and Honor.

Not going anywhere brother. I also look at things like this too...say you are at a meet or a bodybuilding show and the guy that beats you out is somebody you shared some knowledge with or hell, even trained with, you still going to feel bad getting beat then? Nope, didn't think so.

Life is about putting on an honest showing but not for you, for all that are watching. If there is zero support with one another there is no show worth watching.

ghost
10-16-08, 2:36 pm
Not going anywhere brother. I also look at things like this too...say you are at a meet or a bodybuilding show and the guy that beats you out is somebody you shared some knowledge with or hell, even trained with, you still going to feel bad getting beat then? Nope, didn't think so.

Life is about putting on an honest showing but not for you, for all that are watching. If there is zero support with one another there is no show worth watching.

I completely agree.

I do a show or meet and get beaten by the guy that trains with me..... then I am doing the right thing, surrounding myself with winners. Support needs to start from within, and echo outward. If you cannot support yourself, then you shouldnt be trying to support others.... at least, that is MY view.

Cellerator65
10-16-08, 2:42 pm
looks like its time to step up the grind

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 2:49 pm
looks like its time to step up the grind

Ahhhh nothing like those rewards when you do my friend, nothing like them. Thanks for stopping in, I have a long road to attend to so it's only the beginning.

DANO
10-16-08, 3:01 pm
Just one question, Who is YOUR running mate?? JUGGERNAUT '08 !! One more vote.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 3:12 pm
Just one question, Who is YOUR running mate?? JUGGERNAUT '08 !! One more vote.

It would have to be Big Wides because we seem to run on the same wave length (not admitting to this being a good thing) and I trust him.

A disgustingly gorgeous super model is not entirely out of the question as well but that list is a bit long and too much like a candy store shopping for one.

I won't get into what I would change or improve just yet but there would be a reduction in lazy mofos right off the bat, I can promise that much!l

Big Wides
10-16-08, 3:21 pm
A super model you say.....hmmmm

Fellas, Juggernaut knows what he is talking about, so far since this new training scheme has been adpoted here I like it already. There is a reason why he is jacked out of his mind, what he said here is what he practices. Give it a shot, you'll like it.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 3:27 pm
A super model you say.....hmmmm

Fellas, Juggernaut knows what he is talking about, so far since this new training scheme has been adpoted here I like it already. There is a reason why he is jacked out of his mind, what he said here is what he practices. Give it a shot, you'll like it.

Shit, I'm not nearly jacked enough out of my mind, thanks for the vote of confidence but GLOBO GYM has yet to see as jacked and jacked can BE

InkdMuscle
10-16-08, 3:50 pm
im put'n my vote in the balet box for increased Taxation. Good write up Jugg.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 4:05 pm
im put'n my vote in the balet box for increased Taxation. Good write up Jugg.

Another respected brother stops in, thanks a ton, now let's go lift one.

Universal Rep
10-16-08, 4:08 pm
Taxation... Where's the representation?

pmug0000
10-16-08, 4:09 pm
Good post man I guess I'll do a few extra sets of squats tonight.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 4:21 pm

Let me be the first to warn you then, doing that has a tendency of building up your quads so your pants don't fit. Please don't spam me with hate mail when you are broke with a new larger wardrobe. My favorite is descending slow and controlled for a good one to 2 count pause at parallel or even lower, then shooting up like you were over a bunch of M80's going off.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 4:24 pm
Taxation... Where's the representation?

Hopefully that will be in this thread as well big man.

Universal Rep
10-16-08, 4:44 pm
Hopefully that will be in this thread as well big man.

Well, if we're talking ATG squats, then dig deep... Then stand up and represent.

pmug0000
10-16-08, 4:49 pm
Let me be the first to warn you then, doing that has a tendency of building up your quads so your pants don't fit. Please don't spam me with hate mail when you are broke with a new larger wardrobe. My favorite is descending slow and controlled for a good one to 2 count pause at parallel or even lower, then shooting up like you were over a bunch of M80's going off.

Tell me about it man all my pants that used fit baggy and comfortable now scrunch up my nuts and legs together like nobody's business.
And yeah I always mix in some reps where I just kind of sit in the bottom position for a second or two. I may not go all that heavy but I do go DEEP, ass to calves always. I'll try that exploding up from the bottom tonight, I'm already pumped for it.

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 4:50 pm
Well, if we're talking ATG squats, then dig deep... Then stand up and represent.

I coined the term ATTFS

Ass Through The Floor Squats... and could do that

Next?

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 4:54 pm
I smell a journey

Juggernaut's Journey (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21266)

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 5:04 pm
Tell me about it man all my pants that used fit baggy and comfortable now scrunch up my nuts and legs together like nobody's business.
And yeah I always mix in some reps where I just kind of sit in the bottom position for a second or two. I may not go all that heavy but I do go DEEP, ass to calves always. I'll try that exploding up from the bottom tonight, I'm already pumped for it.

Always a good thing when you run into other ANIMALs that agree that the only thing "speed kills," on the way up; is your very fiber of that man.

Universal Rep
10-16-08, 5:09 pm
I coined the term ATTFS

Ass Through The Floor Squats... and could do that

Next?

*zing*

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 5:24 pm
*zing*

All in good fun brother

DANO
10-16-08, 6:34 pm

Don't guess, just DO..

Firedrake
10-17-08, 12:08 pm
Count my vote! I just sat down with Rage yesterday and worked up a new routine designed to really increase the maximum taxation rate on my muscle fibers, in new and INteresting ways. Gonna dial the diet in and see how far this old man can go.

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 12:17 pm
Count my vote! I just sat down with Rage yesterday and worked up a new routine designed to really increase the maximum taxation rate on my muscle fibers, in new and INteresting ways. Gonna dial the diet in and see how far this old man can go.

Best luck to you! I'll be in the game at 54 and beyond too ;-)

Hoomgar
10-17-08, 12:19 pm
Best luck to you! I'll be in the game at 54 and beyond too ;-)

x2 brothers. Last night was squats!

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 12:38 pm
x2 brothers. Last night was squats!

If you did them right, you will be in serious pain two days from now. When you get that, it's like winning a medal.

Hoomgar
10-17-08, 12:44 pm
If you did them right, you will be in serious pain two days from now. When you get that, it's like winning a medal.

Has already begun J. I've learned from you freaks!

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 1:38 pm
Don't worry all, I won't be asking for contributions to my campaign of pain.

Hoomgar
10-17-08, 1:43 pm
Don't worry all, I won't be asking for contributions to my campaign of pain.

That's good J because I spent my campaign contribution funds on protein powder LOL!

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 1:53 pm
That's good J because I spent my campaign contribution funds on protein powder LOL!

A wise investment in your future indeed. The stability of protein powder in today’s market is looking strong and should bulk up dividends in the last quarter for you.

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 3:54 pm
External Forces That Motivate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I speak of the simple pat on the back, the screaming at power lifting meets to all competing for records, the "DUDE! These fucking tunes in my ipod make me want to tear this gym apart!" the constant congratulations on this forum when you post a new PR, the comments on myspace/face book/youtube (and the rest of them, "I gotta have my own spot on the web obsessions) the nods of approval in public or even the hateful stares that fuel our desire to grow larger and more powerful, the atmosphere in the gym itself, whether it is conducive or not to, "making you feel at home."

I say drop it all, IF YOU CAN (even for a week). Look within yourself for that very power that motivates you, without all the external help. Strip yourself to the bear minimum to get by and put in a blistering session of training that turns most into soup. This is ANIMAL and LIFE and what ALL should be able to get by on. "NOTHING ELSE BUT YOUR SOUL"

The Sun
10-17-08, 4:03 pm
I don't care what my family says.
I don't care what friends say.
I don't care 'bout my girl, my work mates, and other gym attendees say.
I don't care about compliments, critics, the looks, their thoughts or words.
Love me, hate me, adore me, worship me, do whatever.
No one motivates me better than a look at the mirror, knowing there's still a lot of work ahead.

I'll be there for the next workout, my aura all over the weight room and I will shine above all of them haters, lovers or who ever they'll be.

I will struggle until I find success, and then I'll struggle more.

sun.

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 4:06 pm
I don't care what my family says.
I don't care what friends say.
I don't care 'bout my girl, my work mates, and other gym attendees say.
I don't care about compliments, critics, the looks, their thoughts or words.
Love me, hate me, adore me, worship me, do whatever.
No one motivates me better than a look at the mirror, knowing there's still a lot of work ahead.

I'll be there for the next workout, my aura all over the weight room and I will shine above all of them haters, lovers or who ever they'll be.

I will struggle until I find success, and then I'll struggle more.

sun.

That's heavy, keep putting it down like that brother.

Cellerator65
10-17-08, 5:15 pm
did a set of ATG squats after my sets of squats bro... you made the challenge, im doing my part

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 5:30 pm
did a set of ATG squats after my sets of squats bro... you made the challenge, im doing my part

I'm hoping to warp more minds but if the pace is set by you, so be it and congrats! Have a great weekend.

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 12:25 pm
How is your mission going men?

The Sun
10-20-08, 1:01 pm
I'm focusing on constantly adding weight to the bar and trying to keep form.
Today was legs day, I squatted 20 lbs heavier than last workout for 4 reps, and then took 10 lbs back off to work across for 6 reps, then 5 lbs lighter and worked 5 reps, told my spotter to come close and milked 2 more.
by the way, every rep I told him "this is the last one" and then told him "fuck it one more!"

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 1:06 pm
I'm focusing on constantly adding weight to the bar and trying to keep form.
Today was legs day, I squatted 20 lbs heavier than last workout for 4 reps, and then took 10 lbs back off to work across for 6 reps, then 5 lbs lighter and worked 5 reps, told my spotter to come close and milked 2 more.
by the way, every rep I told him "this is the last one" and then told him "fuck it one more!"

That's the spirit that turns into size. 20lbs is a big jump and kudos for the forced reps. In this arena, more taxation makes sense.........

The Sun
10-20-08, 2:41 pm
Oh, how could I forget.
I did 4 sets of Romanian deadlifts, with a bleeding shin.
People stopped working out 'cuz they saw me bleeding, staring at me.
They were like "You are bleeding!"

"That means my form is good".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-_yBcl9EOI

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 2:48 pm
Oh, how could I forget.
I did 4 sets of Romanian deadlifts, with a bleeding shin.
People stopped working out 'cuz they saw me bleeding, staring at me.
They were like "You are bleeding!"

"That means my form is good".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-_yBcl9EOI

Yeah, most get upset at the sight of that. Just as long as you clean up before you leave it's all good. Blood happens.

The Sun
10-20-08, 2:50 pm
haha not here in Israel, where people mostly work biceps.
so they were kind of surprised more than upset, scared to death to watch someone bleeding.

pussies.

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 4:01 pm
haha not here in Israel, where people mostly work biceps.
so they were kind of surprised more than upset, scared to death to watch someone bleeding.

pussies.

Wow bud, you are really far away and that land would be great to photograph (I do that in my spare time) Amazing scenery there. (Only what I have seen in books)

The Sun
10-20-08, 4:08 pm
Actually I'm living in Tel-Aviv, which is the Israeli version of New-York City, so nothing's special here except for the beach which is awesome.

We do have some great views though and some nice places to travel to in our small country.

GJN5002
10-20-08, 4:13 pm
Man this post was a breath of fresh air after all the election coverage we are pummeled with.

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 4:25 pm
Man this post was a breath of fresh air after all the election coverage we are pummeled with.

Glad you like it, it was designed to offset all the garbage. Thanks for stopping in.

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 4:27 pm
Actually I'm living in Tel-Aviv, which is the Israeli version of New-York City, so nothing's special here except for the beach which is awesome.

We do have some great views though and some nice places to travel to in our small country.

Very cool and makes me realize I need to get out more and travel. My idea of traveling is going to a different gym and that is not all that often either haha

The Sun
10-20-08, 4:29 pm
Very cool and makes me realize I need to get out more and travel. My idea of traveling is going to a different gym and that is not all that often either haha

x2 for that, what a waste I'm not using what nature's giving.
I like training with friends from other cities at their gym \ them coming to mine, it's awesome.

machineman
10-20-08, 4:38 pm
count me in.....i will be going for a PR on deads for reps....5 X 345....that is the goal for tonight....that and just basically ripping shit up!! increased taxation never sounded so good!

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 4:47 pm
count me in.....i will be going for a PR on deads for reps....5 X 345....that is the goal for tonight....that and just basically ripping shit up!! increased taxation never sounded so good!

No shit! Then let's do this brother, time to pull that bar off the floor like we forgot to load it!
We got this....

pmug0000
10-20-08, 10:10 pm
I definitely took a page out of this book on DL's tonight, did about 12 sets of deads and hit a few PR's in weight and reps. I love that adding in a few extra sets of the compound movement, it makes a huge difference.

JUGGERNAUT
10-20-08, 10:57 pm
I definitely took a page out of this book on DL's tonight, did about 12 sets of deads and hit a few PR's in weight and reps. I love that adding in a few extra sets of the compound movement, it makes a huge difference.

Tonight was a success all around tonight then. Keep it up and good going!

Firedrake
10-21-08, 1:15 am
Sounds (and looks) like you're doing some good work, and you've hit on one of my favorite things to do when I travel, which is to work out at some local gym and bring back a t-shirt or sweatshirt from it.

I have Gold's Gym shirts from Boston, New Orleans, Las Vegas, San Jose . . . a Powerhouse from Turnbull, Connecticut, (yeah, most of my travel's for business), but the Deerfoot Athletic Club in Birmingham, Alabama. I'm hoping to go to the British Isles next year, and I of course want to get to Temple Gym in London.

A thought: can you imagine starting an international gym t-shirt trading circle through the Animal Barbell Club?

Psycho77
10-21-08, 2:00 am
Thanks for sharing Juggernaut. Its high time I I kick it into high gear. Extra sets for you brother.

JUGGERNAUT
10-21-08, 10:09 am
Sounds (and looks) like you're doing some good work, and you've hit on one of my favorite things to do when I travel, which is to work out at some local gym and bring back a t-shirt or sweatshirt from it.

I have Gold's Gym shirts from Boston, New Orleans, Las Vegas, San Jose . . . a Powerhouse from Turnbull, Connecticut, (yeah, most of my travel's for business), but the Deerfoot Athletic Club in Birmingham, Alabama. I'm hoping to go to the British Isles next year, and I of course want to get to Temple Gym in London.

A thought: can you imagine starting an international gym t-shirt trading circle through the Animal Barbell Club?

That's a great idea and have that same insane collection of T-shirts and even key chains from when I did travel more for work as well! British Isles sounds sweet, hope you make it there and bring something back from that gym too..

JUGGERNAUT
10-21-08, 10:13 am
Thanks for sharing Juggernaut. Its high time I I kick it into high gear. Extra sets for you brother.

Nothing makes me feel better than people uniting to get huge.

"1 More Means The Effect Of Much More."
JUGGERNAUT

machineman
10-21-08, 10:49 am
sorry to say, but last night did not turn out the way I had hoped.....still got extra work in just not the weight I had wanted.....oh well....just keep on doin work!

JUGGERNAUT
10-21-08, 11:06 am
sorry to say, but last night did not turn out the way I had hoped.....still got extra work in just not the weight I had wanted.....oh well....just keep on doin work!

It's all the same even when we hit a PR. The best part about not hitting a goal.... finding out why and fixing it. Sure it would be nice to say we know it all and can't get any better but then we wake up. Time to work is right and there is no better time then now.

Psycho77
10-21-08, 12:27 pm
Nothing makes me feel better than people uniting to get huge.

"1 More Means The Effect Of Much More."
JUGGERNAUT

Just did legs with intense sets.......all i can say is "it fuckin' hurts" hahahah. Lovin' it!

JUGGERNAUT
10-21-08, 12:36 pm
Just did legs with intense sets.......all i can say is "it fuckin' hurts" hahahah. Lovin' it!

intense sets... a welcome thing in these here parts

DANO
10-21-08, 7:44 pm
I was running out of time on my lunch hour workout, I was working back and had hit it pretty good, BUT my mind went back to the taxation and I had to pull 3 more sets of deadlifts. I was late to work, but Fuck it.. my back feels GREAT!!
Thanks JUGGERNAUT.

legs tomorrow.......

machineman
10-21-08, 10:47 pm
copy from my journey!!!

OH yea!!! 2 hours of grappling tonight.....fuck cardio this is where it is at.....now if only I could get there 3 times a week! Worked with a guy that is fighting on Saturday, a 265 HW that is freaking huge and a black belt with a stong wrestling background.....got my ass WHOOPED and I loved it!!!!! I was submitted every time but it took about 7 minutes each time so it was good for to survive that long even though I lost, I still learned alot.....

anywho....that was my fun evening....now off to bed....gotta be up in 5 hours.....

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 10:26 am
I was running out of time on my lunch hour workout, I was working back and had hit it pretty good, BUT my mind went back to the taxation and I had to pull 3 more sets of deadlifts. I was late to work, but Fuck it.. my back feels GREAT!!
Thanks JUGGERNAUT.

legs tomorrow.......

O NO! That is just horrible, you are now going to pay the price with increased hypertrophy and power next week...what a pity.

Don't going pulling that same shit with your leg training because they might go and grow on you.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 10:34 am
copy from my journey!!!

OH yea!!! 2 hours of grappling tonight.....fuck cardio this is where it is at.....now if only I could get there 3 times a week! Worked with a guy that is fighting on Saturday, a 265 HW that is freaking huge and a black belt with a stong wrestling background.....got my ass WHOOPED and I loved it!!!!! I was submitted every time but it took about 7 minutes each time so it was good for to survive that long even though I lost, I still learned alot.....

anywho....that was my fun evening....now off to bed....gotta be up in 5 hours.....

That sounds like a good time for sure! A friend of mine (not no more after he tried to strangle me) that was in Seal Team 5 taught me how to fight by attacking me haha and sparring without warning. I used to train the local biker gang at this gym and some had military training... what a combo. Grappling is no joke but never did it but I was a wrestler in school with a nick name of BEAR. It sure beats cardio is right! (excuse the pun)

The Sun
10-22-08, 11:41 am
I'm going to work upper body in a hour, about to bust a PR for incline BB bench press.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 11:43 am
I'm going to work upper body in a hour, about to bust a PR for incline BB bench press.

That's what I want to hear, the strength of all the brothers here; are with you at every set.

wedge
10-22-08, 3:47 pm
After reading this post, I put the extra effort in, in the last two days. Did legs Monday and they still are sore as hell two days later. When I can walk straight again, I will come shake your hand.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 3:54 pm
After reading this post, I put the extra effort in, in the last two days. Did legs Monday and they still are sore as hell two days later. When I can walk straight again, I will come shake your hand.

I feed off these stories! Gonna give it hell tonight on the flat bench as the nod back to your efforts! A firm grip awaits you one day (I don't use straps for anything but shrugs and rack pulls over 500)

The Sun
10-22-08, 4:46 pm
yo J.
just finished my dinner and right on to the forum to tell you that PR is BUSTED, yep, 160 BB bench press for 7 reps.
Wasn't enough for me, and I busted another PR for weighted chins, going 37.5 plates for 7 reps as well.

on my journey.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 4:59 pm
yo J.
just finished my dinner and right on to the forum to tell you that PR is BUSTED, yep, 160 BB bench press for 7 reps.
Wasn't enough for me, and I busted another PR for weighted chins, going 37.5 plates for 7 reps as well.

on my journey.

*Yelling in your direction* NICE WORK!!!!!! Keep charging foward......

wedge
10-22-08, 5:16 pm
I feed off these stories! Gonna give it hell tonight on the flat bench as the nod back to your efforts! A firm grip awaits you one day (I don't use straps for anything but shrugs and rack pulls over 500)

This shit is infectious brother! I'm currently sitting here in front of my computer after a long day of work, debating with myself which shoulder exercise to add this strategy to.

rev8ball
10-22-08, 5:35 pm
Excellent post, bro. And I'm on board, as long as I get one of your cabinet positions, maybe Secretary of the Dept of OFFENSE, the Dept of IRON Justice, the Dept of the EXTERIOR, or the Dept of State of INSANITY. Or maybe I'll just take the role of religious advisor, from the Church of Strength & Pain.

ANIMAL '08!

DANO
10-22-08, 5:46 pm
O NO! That is just horrible, you are now going to pay the price with increased hypertrophy and power next week...what a pity.

Don't going pulling that same shit with your leg training because they might go and grow on you.

Too late.
you know I am just so pig-headed that I will just keep on "voting" the same way.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 5:48 pm
This shit is infectious brother! I'm currently sitting here in front of my computer after a long day of work, debating with myself which shoulder exercise to add this strategy to.

I'm only posting here because of confidence, confidence in knowing I only speak the OBVIOUS. Nothing ground breaking in my posts, nothing new and nothing gained but the simple fact that YOU/WE/ME already have the guts and foresight to see our splits, our rest, our supplement stack, our routine, our choice of moves are always lacking something and in need of change but for fucks sake, the one tale I'll tell to my last days is that INTELLIGENT overload training puts on real world FUNCTIONAL SIZE (yeah the stuff that makes shit rise off the floor like the torque factor vs. horse power in a car.

THE CAR:
If you have significantly less torque ft/lbs to the wheels then your horsepower number guess what? You ain't fast!

The Body:
If you don't train your slow twitch fibers more than your fast guess what? You can't move shit! Anybody can do a combo of strength and endurance training or just endurance training but you can't lift heavy ass weights that build that foundation without working slow twitch predominately.

I do thank you for saying what you did but I'm always thinking I'm doing more sharing than helping because all of you are gifted in the teachings of the iron and life already.

Taking notice of oneself may be the only thing we ever need to stay motivated.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 5:57 pm
Excellent post, bro. And I'm on board, as long as I get one of your cabinet positions, maybe Secretary of the Dept of OFFENSE, the Dept of IRON Justice, the Dept of the EXTERIOR, or the Dept of State of INSANITY. Or maybe I'll just take the role of religious advisor, from the Church of Strength & Pain.

ANIMAL '08!

I see you have received the registration/application forms in the mail. It will be one heck of a Congress of PROGRESS for sure with all of you with me, for yourself and to all that have yet to find the grail of power found on this forum.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 5:59 pm
Too late.
you know I am just so pig-headed that I will just keep on "voting" the same way.

At least now I can be rest assured that you will be flipping the right levers behind the curtain, welcome.

Psycho77
10-22-08, 6:58 pm

GOt infected too brother. Today is supposed to be a no-gym day, and now im sitting here thinking what lagging body parts I wanna kill later and how

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 10:40 pm
GOt infected too brother. Today is supposed to be a no-gym day, and now im sitting here thinking what lagging body parts I wanna kill later and how

Off days, are in fact the best time to plan your attack, well done. Cool place you live in, did you get hit by that storm?

Psycho77
10-22-08, 10:42 pm
Off days, are in fact the best time to plan your attack, well done. Cool place you live in, did you get hit by that storm?

we get storms often here we hardly notice it anymore.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 11:07 pm
we get storms often here we hardly notice it anymore.

I hear that, I'll look up the location where some internet friends got wiped out (like as in house floating away bad... maybe you know where. Check out my journey if you have not already, it's on the same war path as this one but worst. Later, need sleep....

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 11:58 am
I need to choose people for my cabinet, so far the only thing in my cabinet is ANIMAL products, Shock Therapy, Torrent, Real Gains, Uni Syn, GH Stack, Intra-Aid, Proteon Bars and Specialized Protein for Lean Mass (mm mm tasty!)

firsthorseman97
10-23-08, 12:03 pm
I need to choose people for my cabinet, so far the only thing in my cabinet is ANIMAL products, Shock Therapy, Torrent, Real Gains, Uni Syn, GH Stack, Intra-Aid, Proteon Bars and Specialized Protein for Lean Mass (mm mm tasty!)

No Ultra Iso Whey? How do you live without Lemonade Chiller?

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 12:13 pm
No Ultra Iso Whey? How do you live without Lemonade Chiller?

i CAN'T LIE, i DO NEED TO BRING THAT BACK IN...... "iT'S VERY REFRESHING" HAHA

Big Wides
10-23-08, 12:15 pm
I'll join the cabniet....

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 12:34 pm

You have been chosen, welcome. Before I can move you into your office, I must first check the capacity of your In-Office-Fridge/Freezer. Expect your office to include many leather bound books and smell of rich mahogany...and Green Apple Torrent.

machineman
10-23-08, 12:37 pm
You have been chosen, welcome. Before I can move you into your office, I must first check the capacity of your In-Office-Fridge/Freezer. Expect your office to include many leather bound books and smell of rich mahogany...and Green Apple Torrent.

ohhh...ohhhh...can I be in your cabinet? Well, not IN your cabinet as I don't think it is large enough...but you know what I mean.....

InkdMuscle
10-23-08, 12:40 pm

Yo JUGG, like i said in the previous post I am in brotha. Gotta love the Taxation on Chest day.

Instead of the Cabinet Im putting my hat in for the Secret service of the Cabinet.

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 12:53 pm
ohhh...ohhhh...can I be in your cabinet? Well, not IN your cabinet as I don't think it is large enough...but you know what I mean.....

I can see I'll need to give the contractors a call to expand the cabinet for all of you elite members.

ahhhh huhuhuhuhu he said member...

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 12:55 pm
Yo JUGG, like i said in the previous post I am in brotha. Gotta love the Taxation on Chest day.

Instead of the Cabinet Im putting my hat in for the Secret service of the Cabinet.

Fine, I will put you in charge of keeping my "Special Shake" secret with that title.

InkdMuscle
10-23-08, 1:07 pm
Fine, I will put you in charge of keeping my "Special Shake" secret with that title.

as long as i can utilize it myself. lol

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 1:15 pm
as long as i can utilize it myself. lol

We will need to discuss this in a sound proof room due to it's clearance requirements and threat to the national security of skinny mofos getting freakishly swole..

DANO
10-23-08, 3:13 pm

I thought you were allready running mate!!?
I'll run for sec. of the wheels.. (legs are my fav. day.)

InkdMuscle
10-23-08, 3:35 pm
We will need to discuss this in a sound proof room due to it's clearance requirements and threat to the national security of skinny mofos getting freakishly swole..

Ill lock down the secret over here in California. Ill keep it G14 Classified brotha.

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 3:37 pm
I thought you were allready running mate!!?
I'll run for sec. of the wheels.. (legs are my fav. day.)

I guess he missed the post but I'll have you swarn in soon and will be counting on your Quadrilateral Support.

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 3:44 pm
Ill lock down the secret over here in California. Ill keep it G14 Classified brotha.

Very good and from this day foward we will need to speak in code.

Your first mission is to secure the.....

Please view this video to unscramble the code.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEyX_lx9wv4

DANO
10-23-08, 4:41 pm
Have you guys ever noticed how patriotic the M-Stak is??
red, white, and blue pills!!

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 4:52 pm
Have you guys ever noticed how patriotic the M-Stak is??
red, white, and blue pills!!

I'm extending your term of service SIR, for noticing these things is why you are here and why you will remain.

The Sun
10-23-08, 4:54 pm
yo J. I got an update for your taxation mission:
another PR busted, deadlift is almost on 225 (2pps, hell I'm getting there).
started deadlifting about a month ago with 135, today 215 was busted for 6 and 5 reps.

just paying my dues.

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 4:58 pm
yo J. I got an update for your taxation mission:
another PR busted, deadlift is almost on 225 (2pps, hell I'm getting there).
started deadlifting about a month ago with 135, today 215 was busted for 6 and 5 reps.

just paying my dues.

That is a huge jump, well done. 250 soon then 275 and....3

DANO
10-23-08, 5:06 pm
I'm extending your term of service SIR, for noticing these things is why you are here and why you will remain.

Just doing my duty sir.
tomorrow is Arm-istice day. I will try to make you all proud to be Animals.

The Sun
10-23-08, 5:07 pm
That is a huge jump, well done. 250 soon then 275 and....3

amen, though next workout I'mma focus on working form, felt lower back pretty much tonight.
will work 5 sets of 2 reps then single lift 'till the bar won't move. a week after will be a deload.

DANO
10-23-08, 5:15 pm
Very good and from this day foward we will need to speak in code.

Your first mission is to secure the.....

Please view this video to unscramble the code.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEyX_lx9wv4

Wa-de-ta my dammie... wa-de-ta.

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 5:17 pm
amen, though next workout I'mma focus on working form, felt lower back pretty much tonight.
will work 5 sets of 2 reps then single lift 'till the bar won't move. a week after will be a deload.

I'm in the same boat using mostly my low back but trying to use my legs more to get it moving.

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 5:24 pm
Wa-de-ta my dammie... wa-de-ta.

qwiilee ondah campatown

over and out...... mission complete, time to eat...

Legs on Friday, Whapner and 11, K-mart Sucks.

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 5:34 pm
Just doing my duty sir.
tomorrow is Arm-istice day. I will try to make you all proud to be Animals.

One of my favorite things to celebrate as well. One day soon, you will presented with the upper arm hyper- TROPHY for your dedication.

DANO
10-23-08, 5:57 pm
I would be honored, I am but a humble servant of the Iron.

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 9:59 am
I would be honored, I am but a humble servant of the Iron.

You are hereby dubbed Secretary of the Wheels... I need you to draw up a guideline to support "Squatters Rights."

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 12:27 pm
Subject:
New Presidential Candidate... It's someone we know!

Hi,

There's an effort to elect an unknown random person as President... and it's someone we know! See this news website about the surprising new nominee:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=46832&altf=KVHHFSOBVU&altl=

Jot back a note to let me know what you think!

DANO
10-24-08, 12:40 pm
You are hereby dubbed Secretary of the Wheels... I need you to draw up a guideline to support "Squatters Rights."

First i will put a bucket in every squat rack, and equal rights for gastrocs.

glad to see you are putting your campaign funds to good use!

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 12:52 pm
First i will put a bucket in every squat rack, and equal rights for gastrocs.

glad to see you are putting your campaign funds to good use!

Did you see I made the news?

The Sun
10-24-08, 1:12 pm
LMAO j.
got my vote.

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 1:15 pm
LMAO j.
got my vote.

I have a lot of catching up to do but if you want STRONG leadership, this I can promise.

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 1:16 pm
Subject:

Hi,

There's an effort to elect an unknown random person as President... and it's someone we know! See this news website about the surprising new nominee:

Hurry! VOTE NOW!

naturalguy
10-24-08, 1:20 pm
Subject:

Hi,

LMAO

I know who I am voting for now!

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 1:54 pm
LMAO

I know who I am voting for now!

and thanks for putting on that bumper sticker bro. That will help me out when you are driving out to those ABC's...

DANO
10-24-08, 2:21 pm
Did you see I made the news?

Who do you think leaked the info to Chanel 3???
you need to get into the white house to repeal the ban of '04

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 3:04 pm
Who do you think leaked the info to Chanel 3???
you need to get into the white house to repeal the ban of '04

Must have been my "insiders" but can't talk about that.... You just reminded me, I'm typing up a letter that will make any gym member that trains with free weights able to right off a large portion of their membership fees. There are also kick backs for hitting PR's calculated quarterly. I wil give a new meaning to a GROWING economy!

machineman
10-24-08, 5:03 pm
Must have been my "insiders" but can't talk about that.... You just reminded me, I'm typing up a letter that will make any gym member that trains with free weights able to right off a large portion of their membership fees. There are also kick backs for hitting PR's calculated quarterly. I wil give a new meaning to a GROWING economy!

Please remember that those that train with free weights also get quarterly STIMULUS checks to SUPPLEMENT their income in an effort to GROW the economy to a HUGE size!!!!

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 5:27 pm
Please remember that those that train with free weights also get quarterly STIMULUS checks to SUPPLEMENT their income in an effort to GROW the economy to a HUGE size!!!!

Not to worry, I have many ideas placed in the financial boosting department for "OUR KIND."

DANO
10-24-08, 5:40 pm
Arm-istice day was a SMASHING success. The over taxation REALLY works for the ARMS race.

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 5:44 pm
Arm-istice day was a SMASHING success. The over taxation REALLY works for the ARMS race.

I will be honoring that day this SAT, have a great weekend.

DANO
10-24-08, 7:14 pm
I will be honoring that day this SAT, have a great weekend.

Right back at you brother.

JUGGERNAUT
10-26-08, 9:54 am
Check out my last post in my journey!

Psycho77
10-26-08, 10:20 pm
Juggernaut, when you come to power, can you possibly work on the following?

1. ban idle chat in the gym
2. make it mandatory for gym to have a tractor/earth moving tire in the parking lot to throw around
3. have nasa develop a bar that has all the goodies (10 egg whites, lots of carbs, and other stuff) but takes only two bites to chow down
4. bigger airline toilets, possible airline gyms (ever squatted at 30,000 feet?)
5. have the defense department look into depleted uranium for use as plates. they are denser than steel or iron so a size 10lbs plate can weight a cool 100lbs. how many babies more of those babies can we pack a bar then

JUGGERNAUT
10-27-08, 9:55 am
Juggernaut, when you come to power, can you possibly work on the following?

1. ban idle chat in the gym
2. make it mandatory for gym to have a tractor/earth moving tire in the parking lot to throw around
3. have nasa develop a bar that has all the goodies (10 egg whites, lots of carbs, and other stuff) but takes only two bites to chow down
4. bigger airline toilets, possible airline gyms (ever squatted at 30,000 feet?)
5. have the defense department look into depleted uranium for use as plates. they are denser than steel or iron so a size 10lbs plate can weight a cool 100lbs. how many babies more of those babies can we pack a bar then

All in due time my friend, it's not going to be easy to convert some non-believers over to the ways of ANIMAL.

DANO
10-27-08, 2:29 pm
Today is the day I OVERTAX my Pecs into submission...they shall rise in revolt.

JUGGERNAUT
10-27-08, 2:59 pm
Today is the day I OVERTAX my Pecs into submission...they shall rise in revolt.

A hard days work will become the norm.....

The Sun
10-27-08, 5:13 pm
A hard days work will become the norm.....

word.
broke parallel plateau for squats on today's workout, no need to box squat anymore, got the form right and now its time to bounce some plates.
man those box squats are 2 times heavier than a free weight.

J-. my suggestion is that the day after a leg workout will be a rest day, all around the globe.

JUGGERNAUT
10-27-08, 5:44 pm
word.
broke parallel plateau for squats on today's workout, no need to box squat anymore, got the form right and now its time to bounce some plates.
man those box squats are 2 times heavier than a free weight.

J-. my suggestion is that the day after a leg workout will be a rest day, all around the globe.

Nice work and I have no issues with rest anytime, especially after said squats...

machineman
10-27-08, 8:19 pm
the TAX man came today to collect dues....I have the check already written....paid for in sweat and hard work....pr for reps on DL and DB Rows.....all sorts of TAXATION.....felt great to pay such a price.....will definitely have some late fees tomorrow!!!!

DANO
10-27-08, 8:29 pm
the TAX man came today to collect dues....I have the check already written....paid for in sweat and hard work....pr for reps on DL and DB Rows.....all sorts of TAXATION.....felt great to pay such a price.....will definitely have some late fees tomorrow!!!!

Had to pay my tax man 2 extra sets on all my chest exercises. It is a love/hate relationship with that son of a bitch..

machineman
10-27-08, 8:39 pm
tis a bitch when he comes a callin'.....but the benefits and rewards are great indeed.

JUGGERNAUT
10-27-08, 10:02 pm
The best part about all this, is that matter what class you are; it does not matter. All are treated well when the effort is put fourth.

johnny7
10-27-08, 10:14 pm
haha funny shit guys. i love it.

JUGGERNAUT
10-28-08, 9:58 am
haha funny shit guys. i love it.

F it, we have to enjoy life matter how hard we bust our asses. Let's keep laughing all the way to the Mass Bank. "The Bank of Juggernaut." "Where what you put in, you get to take out and then some" Gaining interest through dedication.

JUGGERNAUT
10-28-08, 11:21 pm
Since it's taxation that is going to make our "economy" grow have you seen the new split in effect in my journey? It's sure to make all the "change" you will even need. Not more of the same but more of what you need.

The Sun
10-29-08, 2:42 am
what about having automatic stairs everywhere like in airports and rail stations?

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 10:00 am
what about having automatic stairs everywhere like in airports and rail stations?

Actually just the opposite, I'm going to raise the height of the steps so you have to use more hamstring to walk up them...(making you more jacked) this will in turn assure the lazy asses in this world get no where.

Psycho77
10-29-08, 10:16 am
Actually just the opposite, I'm going to raise the height of the steps so you have to use more hamstring to walk up them...(making you more jacked) this will in turn assure the lazy asses in this world get no where.

that will definitely help raise the standard of living

The Sun
10-29-08, 10:32 am

man but if this happens I won't be able to get anywhere after a leg workout without using the elevator.
:)

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 10:44 am
man but if this happens I won't be able to get anywhere after a leg workout without using the elevator.
:)

IT HELPS ME IF I IMAGINE A HUNGRY LION LOOKING TO INCREASE HIS PROTEIN INTAKE IS BEHIND ME. Play with your mind and you shall see all you are capable of.

McFly
10-29-08, 10:47 am

how much higher? you might have to do a pull up on each step if you raise them too high....but again you'd be more jacked....it all makes sense!!!!!

jk

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 10:51 am
how much higher? you might have to do a pull up on each step if you raise them too high....but again you'd be more jacked....it all makes sense!!!!!

jk

I think about 3 more inches would do it. I have to consider the short shits like me so I will run a test today. Once with 45's in each hand and once without.

McFly
10-29-08, 10:53 am
I think about 3 more inches would do it. I have to consider the short shits like me so I will run a test today. Once with 45's in each hand and once without.

sweet! why not hold two 25's together in each hand....work on grip strength at the same time...

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 10:59 am
sweet! why not hold two 25's together in each hand....work on grip strength at the same time...

I tried that already but did not chaulk my hands so they slipped, bounced down the stairs and dug two nice holes in the floor..rolled some more and dented the wall. Glad I did not try it that way while at the Philadelphia Museum steps, it may have made the front paper..

The Sun
10-29-08, 2:28 pm
yo J.

on my journey.

remember that? well guess what? another 5 lbs for PR, 165 BB incline bench press for 7 reps.
and some other minor PR's on today's workout, 'cuz bench press' never enough.

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 2:42 pm
remember that? well guess what? another 5 lbs for PR, 165 BB incline bench press for 7 reps.
and some other minor PR's on today's workout, 'cuz bench press' never enough.

Crushing weight and then crushing them more, that's the way I like it! Keep killing it SUN!

The Sun
10-29-08, 3:00 pm
Just a part of the new TAXATION.

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 3:45 pm
Just a part of the new TAXATION.

Glad you are part of it.

McFly
10-29-08, 3:49 pm
so with this new taxation......should my deadlifts tonight be sets for singles working to a max effort PR....or sets with moderate reps still shooting for big numbers?

im confused.

The Sun
10-29-08, 3:52 pm
so with this new taxation......should my deadlifts tonight be sets for singles working to a max effort PR....or sets with moderate reps still shooting for big numbers?

im confused.

As a part of the new TAXATION I'll answer that by saying one word:
BOTH.

work max effort PR and back off for reps. in the name of the law.

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 3:56 pm

im confused.

If you read the first post, it's about adding more total sets then you generally do. How you do it is all up to you.

McFly
10-29-08, 4:01 pm
ahhh thanks for the refresher....looks like taxation will be at an all time high tonight.

JUGGERNAUT
10-29-08, 4:08 pm
ahhh thanks for the refresher....looks like taxation will be at an all time high tonight.

If you ever told me...."Juggernaut, I went real light tonight, spent most of my time checking out chicks and talking to everybody in the gym." I would not believe you. So yeah, you are going to put a hurtin on those weights tonight and every other session....

DANO
10-29-08, 5:53 pm
As Sec. of Wheels I thought I should put todays #'s down..
squat
12 @ 135 to parallel
10 @ 225 " "
8 @ 315 " "
(taxation sets)
10 @ 225 ATG
10 @ 225 ATG - (saw the dark side of the moon!)
stiff leg dl
10@ 135
10@ 185
8 @ 235
Calves
superset standing on smith w/ seated
4 sets to fail 205 on smith, stack (150) on machine.
stacked leg press machine to fail to finish off the wheels...
the end

Psycho77
10-29-08, 6:43 pm

this is a very sweet idea! I need some grip strength improvement.

Psycho77
10-29-08, 6:49 pm
The tax man came yesterday asking for payment on some "back" i owe and some arm work as well. Happy to report I didn't come up short one bit. Can't wait for next week when he comes back with higher rates.

wedge
10-29-08, 7:35 pm
Respectable tax payer here. Hope you don't mind, but putting the "check" in the mail didn't seem right. So instead, I took my payment down to the gym and paid in full.

The Sun
10-30-08, 1:27 am
Respectable tax payer here. Hope you don't mind, but putting the "check" in the mail didn't seem right. So instead, I took my payment down to the gym and paid in full.

That's the best way to pay the taxes, in sweat.

going to add 4 sets of deads to my lower body workout tonight, gotta pay my debts.

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 11:00 am
The tax man came yesterday asking for payment on some "back" i owe and some arm work as well. Happy to report I didn't come up short one bit. Can't wait for next week when he comes back with higher rates.

There will always be a higher rate waiting. (lucky for us)

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 11:01 am
That's the best way to pay the taxes, in sweat.

going to add 4 sets of deads to my lower body workout tonight, gotta pay my debts.

Fantastic!

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 11:02 am

Good plan, too much get's lost in the mail, we know this.

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 11:03 am
As Sec. of Wheels I thought I should put todays #'s down..
squat
12 @ 135 to parallel
10 @ 225 " "
8 @ 315 " "
(taxation sets)
10 @ 225 ATG
10 @ 225 ATG - (saw the dark side of the moon!)
stiff leg dl
10@ 135
10@ 185
8 @ 235
Calves
superset standing on smith w/ seated
4 sets to fail 205 on smith, stack (150) on machine.
stacked leg press machine to fail to finish off the wheels...
the end

You REALLY tore it up!!!!

DANO
10-30-08, 11:51 am
as a member of your cabnet, sir, I have no choice but to put my best foot forward.

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 12:43 pm
as a member of your cabnet, sir, I have no choice but to put my best foot forward.

And like the mob, once you’re in; you’re in, or suffer eternal smallness.........

The Sun
10-30-08, 3:30 pm
I no longer deserve to be a part of the new taxation thing, I totally fucked up today.

Factory
10-30-08, 3:36 pm
Hit a grand on leg-press today, and it went straight to the tax collector.

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 3:54 pm
I no longer deserve to be a part of the new taxation thing, I totally fucked up today.

We only delete members of this thread based on averages, you have put fourth a tremendous effort thus far so one day does not ruin you... Like or not, we are human and full of error potential.

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 3:56 pm
Hit a grand on leg-press today, and it went straight to the tax collector.

Yes but that is certainly a "Growth Stock" and will flourish in todays market.

Factory
10-30-08, 4:41 pm
Yes but that is certainly a "Growth Stock" and will flourish in todays market.

HAHAHA, reading this in class I started cracking up and my teacher was like. no YOUTUBE in class buddy

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 4:49 pm
HAHAHA, reading this in class I started cracking up and my teacher was like. no YOUTUBE in class buddy

Please don't let me take you away from your educational hour’s haha. Just let the teachers know you have strong political beliefs, in need to spend a few minutes a day paying your dues, saving to pay your increased taxation and investing for a larger future.

Factory
10-30-08, 4:52 pm
Haha, it's all good. It's a 100 level class and I know all the material, that's why I cruise the Forvm.

JUGGERNAUT
10-30-08, 5:00 pm
Haha, it's all good. It's a 100 level class and I know all the material, that's why I cruise the Forvm.

I'm just saying, I would hope to never warp the minds of elite students..... Carry on...

DANO
10-31-08, 1:00 pm
I will have to post my "back" payments on tues.. have a great weekend fellas

JUGGERNAUT
10-31-08, 1:31 pm

That's fine, there will NOT be a late fee.

JUGGERNAUT
10-31-08, 10:44 pm
I paid my dues and increased taxation to a new level. JOURNEY.........

JUGGERNAUT
11-01-08, 5:19 pm
Taxed!

JUGGERNAUT
11-02-08, 7:46 pm
Increased Taxation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even at a young age I saw value in turning the negative into a positive. When I was a little young shit going to school, I got picked on for being shorter than the rest of the guys (including some girls) I’m not going to bore you with all that but you can lay down and take it or rise above, get tougher and find out what makes people tick. Long story short, I made those same people friends that did all the picking, sure I had to get bloody with some but I always thought... hey, it’s better to get along with who you have to look at all day right? (This of course does not include the impossible assholes that are present in this world on any given day)

This set a pattern that never stopped in my life. Most of us don’t have the best of luck but we are still around right? There is nothing really unique about this instinctive survival mechanism we have and the desire to right the wrong. Here lies the interesting part to all this seemingly wasted, long and drawn-out typing I’m doing.

Nothing is a waste of time if you follow a crooked path, if you seem lost, hopeless or scared. All that matters is that you stay true to your values you feel the strongest about. This same principle remains with training in our lives and the whole point of my title above.

The news is filled with negativity and the fear of INCREASED TAXATION by whomever is elected President. I am far from a political person and the last person you should ask about this type of advice. Instead, I ask you to CELEBRATE WITH ME, a truly different meaning and a positive one at that; in plain terms that I can share and understand.

INCREASED TAXATION now means INCREASING TAXATION on muscle fibers. (Can you get any more meat head?) The celebration goes like this, WE (yup, all of you) add a few more sets to your routine on your best mass builders. A while back I did a lot of studies on stress hormones, before most people even heard of cortisol or used it in vocabulary like saying “milk” today. What I found, which I still believe; is that additional sets compared to adding more forced reps significantly reduced not only output of cortisol but the duration at which it would stick around. In addition, adding sets does more fiber tearing (a good thing) comparatively than the potential injury of doing sloppy extra reps when you have hit fatigue. Plain and simple, the rest after each set is what reduces cortisol dumping but YOU get more mass and strength.

P.S. For more info on stress hormones you can go Google your face off, I’m not looking to make this a science project or have anyone challenge it’s accuracy, I’m just JUGGERNAUT.

The Sun
11-03-08, 2:07 am
Well, I started a de-load week yesterday.
was upper body workout, and I thought to myself "hey, I might be using a really low weights today, so why not adding reps?"
bumped extra reps to bench press (4 sets) and extra reps for overhead press (2 sets).
Tax collector will be satisfied.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 9:53 am
Well, I started a de-load week yesterday.
was upper body workout, and I thought to myself "hey, I might be using a really low weights today, so why not adding reps?"
bumped extra reps to bench press (4 sets) and extra reps for overhead press (2 sets).
Tax collector will be satisfied.

He will be happy indeed, well done!

machineman
11-03-08, 11:33 am
After being sick and missing 2 workouts last week, I took cash in hand and headed to the tax collectors house.....It was a small pitence but it was definitely paid in full....3 X 5 on front squat, power clean and db power snatch....definitely collecting some late fees today....

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 11:53 am
After being sick and missing 2 workouts last week, I took cash in hand and headed to the tax collectors house.....It was a small pitence but it was definitely paid in full....3 X 5 on front squat, power clean and db power snatch....definitely collecting some late fees today....

Best to rest but glad you hit it hardcore when you could!

Factory
11-03-08, 12:39 pm
It's about time I paid my taxes, too many sets to post here, check the journey if you wanna see... My back is toasted.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 12:43 pm
It's about time I paid my taxes, too many sets to post here, check the journey if you wanna see... My back is toasted.

Sure thing, will check it out. Takes alot to roast a back till it's well done so you have certainly put your cash in the tax jar....

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 1:32 pm
Eating Butterfingers

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 1:47 pm

Hoomgar
11-03-08, 1:55 pm
Hey Senator J, if I vote for your Increased Taxation plan, what kind of RETURNS can I expect to SEE in the next year? 3 years? 5 years and beyond?

It sounds like a HARD PATH to some SOLID future GAINS but I've been stung so many times in the past I just want to make sure I'm voting on some upright policy here...

~concerned

In other news, I paid my dues last week and am looking forward to what this week will bring. I stopped by to see what you were up to and to see how the election was going :)

Hg

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 2:39 pm
Hey Senator J, if I vote for your Increased Taxation plan, what kind of RETURNS can I expect to SEE in the next year? 3 years? 5 years and beyond?

It sounds like a HARD PATH to some SOLID future GAINS but I've been stung so many times in the past I just want to make sure I'm voting on some upright policy here...

~concerned

In other news, I paid my dues last week and am looking forward to what this week will bring. I stopped by to see what you were up to and to see how the election was going :)

Hg

The best part about my plan is that you are held accountable with your performance entirely as to what you reep in benefits. My plan will only fail if YOU do!

Hoomgar
11-03-08, 3:26 pm
The best part about my plan is that you are held accountable with your performance entirely as to what you reep in benefits. My plan will only fail if YOU do!

So if the investor puts in the time he will reap the harvest? hmmmm??/ interesting. If I invest more then I reap a LARGER harvest?

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 3:28 pm
So if the investor puts in the time he will reap the harvest? hmmmm??/ interesting. If I invest more then I reap a LARGER harvest?

LARGER harvest!!!!!

DANO
11-03-08, 3:57 pm

I thought failure was good...

The Sun
11-03-08, 4:01 pm
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Deadlifting for 40 mins is cool.

- Tax payer.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 4:05 pm
I thought failure was good...

Failure teaches us, continuous failure at the same thing is bad. In response to Hoomgars question it was an accurate reply but in no way shape or form do I think failure is a negative.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 4:07 pm
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Deadlifting for 40 mins is cool.

- Tax payer.

The makings of a very large BACK......hams, shoulders, traps, bi's, forearms on and on! Don't you just love the DEAD?

Hoomgar
11-03-08, 4:12 pm
Failure teaches us, continuous failure at the same thing is bad. In response to Hoomgars question it was an accurate reply but in no way shape or form do I think failure is a negative.

But what if you are doing negatives to failure?

The Sun
11-03-08, 4:13 pm
The makings of a very large BACK......hams, shoulders, traps, bi's, forearms on and on! Don't you just love the DEAD?

DEAD always sounds nice to me.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 4:28 pm
But what if you are doing negatives to failure?

Ahhh yes, the wonderful play on words. If it's gym related you just can't go wrong. (for the most part) Exceptions would be shitty music, people that don't clean up after themselves, trainers with attitude because you are bigger than them haha...........you get the idea.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 4:29 pm
DEAD always sounds nice to me.

That was sort of morbid.... I like it.

The Sun
11-03-08, 4:34 pm
That was sort of morbid.... I like it.

Ofcourse you like that, master.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 4:44 pm
Ofcourse you like that, master.

Hope you don't think I'm twisted...with the iron yes but not twisted in real life.

The Sun
11-03-08, 4:46 pm
Hope you don't think I'm twisted...with the iron yes but not twisted in real life.

Twisting iron sir.

JUGGERNAUT
11-03-08, 4:48 pm
Twisting iron sir.

Good to know...absolutely

JUGGERNAUT
11-04-08, 10:55 am
Make this week a heavy taxation period.

machineman
11-04-08, 11:30 am
the vote was cast this morning.....HEAVY TAXES are due TODAY.....There will be NO grace period....

JUGGERNAUT
11-04-08, 11:42 am
the vote was cast this morning.....HEAVY TAXES are due TODAY.....There will be NO grace period....

I like what I am witness to... A bigger bolder future awaits us!

ghost
11-04-08, 11:43 am
i cast my vote this morning, then hit the iron right after.... was a great morning.

JUGGERNAUT
11-04-08, 11:51 am
i cast my vote this morning, then hit the iron right after.... was a great morning.

That's what I call a schedule of priorities!

wedge
11-04-08, 11:52 am
Make this week a heavy taxation period.

Did my part yesterday. Set a new PR on squat (405) then immediately paid taxes on it. 315 x 2, 225 x 10 and 135 x 20.
After payment, I had to rush to the bathroom to relieve my stomach of weakness.

JUGGERNAUT
11-04-08, 12:04 pm
Did my part yesterday. Set a new PR on squat (405) then immediately paid taxes on it. 315 x 2, 225 x 10 and 135 x 20.
After payment, I had to rush to the bathroom to relieve my stomach of weakness.

Congrats man!! That was badass for sure. Say hello to 425 soon bro....

ghost
11-04-08, 12:05 pm
That's what I call a schedule of priorities!

the wife and i were the first two in line at my district.... and the weights are a must!!

JUGGERNAUT
11-04-08, 12:11 pm
the wife and i were the first two in line at my district.... and the weights are a must!!

More proof that the ANIMAL behavior pattern connects it's self to all aspects of life...if you can train at 4AM you sure as heck can get up in the morning for most anything else as well.

ghost
11-04-08, 12:15 pm
More proof that the ANIMAL behavior pattern connects it's self to all aspects of life...if you can train at 4AM you sure as heck can get up in the morning for most anything else as well.

exactly, If you have the ability to get up every other, or every, morning and lift, or prep your food, you should not have any excuse as to why you have not voted, or done itemX....

Note: ItemX is important.... itemx is whatever you should be doing that you are not... now get off your ass and do it.

JUGGERNAUT
11-04-08, 2:55 pm
Time to go VOTE.

machineman
11-04-08, 3:06 pm
exactly, If you have the ability to get up every other, or every, morning and lift, or prep your food, you should not have any excuse as to why you have not voted, or done itemX....

Note: ItemX is important.... itemx is whatever you should be doing that you are not... now get off your ass and do it.

that there is some proper representation!

Hoomgar
11-04-08, 3:11 pm
Time to go VOTE.

Good man. 2 more hours for me yet.

DANO
11-04-08, 8:17 pm

Here are today’s numbers

Back Taxes

Pull ups “hammer” 3 sets of 10
t-bar rows 10 @ 90, 8 @ 135, 8 @ 160, 5 @ 185
lat pulldowns 10 @ 120, 10 @ 130, 8 @ 140
DB rows 6 @ 80, 6 @ 85, 6 @ 90, 4 @ 90
DEADS 10 @ 135, 10 @ 205, 6 @315… attempted new pr 390 1 @ ¼ went to 375 for 1

all hail the new prez. JUGGERNAUT!!

machineman
11-04-08, 8:59 pm
taxes paid and then some.....check the journey for more info!!

DANO
11-05-08, 12:11 pm
Well, It looks like Juggernaut carried the most important state by 100% of the voters...
THE STATE OF ANIMAL!!!!

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:14 pm
that there is some proper representation!

Yup, tough luv is the best.

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:15 pm
Well, It looks like Juggernaut carried the most important state by 100% of the voters...
THE STATE OF ANIMAL!!!!

I say we celebrate over protein shakes!

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:16 pm
Good man. 2 more hours for me yet.

The line was only 20 minutes long...nice...

wedge
11-05-08, 12:18 pm
Congrats man!! That was badass for sure. Say hello to 425 soon bro....

Thank you for the support. I'll be sure to wave at 425 as I pass through. I have my eye on some "heavier" real estate farther up north.

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:18 pm
taxes paid and then some.....check the journey for more info!!

Damn straight you paid..and paid dearly..

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:20 pm
Thank you for the support. I'll be sure to wave at 425 as I pass through. I have my eye on some "heavier" real estate farther up north.

Like the "direction" you are going in!

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:24 pm
Here are today’s numbers

Back Taxes

Pull ups “hammer” 3 sets of 10
t-bar rows 10 @ 90, 8 @ 135, 8 @ 160, 5 @ 185
lat pulldowns 10 @ 120, 10 @ 130, 8 @ 140
DB rows 6 @ 80, 6 @ 85, 6 @ 90, 4 @ 90
DEADS 10 @ 135, 10 @ 205, 6 @315… attempted new pr 390 1 @ ¼ went to 375 for 1

all hail the new prez. JUGGERNAUT!!

I hope "my term" lasts forever, bringing more serious training to the less fortunate, the rich and the just plain lazy! "Determination is not a side to be on, it is the place to be."

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:25 pm
6 @315… attempted new pr 390 1 @ ¼ went to 375 for 1

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!! Fin awesome. YOU WILL HAVE IT! This is my saying "END HEAVY."

DANO
11-05-08, 12:35 pm
6 @315… attempted new pr 390 1 @ ¼ went to 375 for 1

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!! Fin awesome. YOU WILL HAVE IT! This is my saying "END HEAVY."

By the way, I stand at 5'9" and a weighty 180lbs 12% bf

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 12:40 pm
By the way, I stand at 5'9" and a weighty 180lbs 12% bf

I forget what 12% is haha Cool combo, great shape to be in! I got short changed, MOM was 5 foot and Dad 5"11...wound up in the middle at 5'6." It was an easy decision to make to be a fire plug being so short. "NOT TALL? GET WIDE."

Hoomgar
11-05-08, 1:17 pm
The line was only 20 minutes long...nice...

Walked straight into the booth and out. No wait what so ever. Ah to be a country hick ;)

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 1:20 pm
Walked straight into the booth and out. No wait what so ever. Ah to be a country hick ;)

I hear that, I planned for the worst and cut out early but wound up with waaaay more time on my hands after...not always a bad thing.

wedge
11-05-08, 1:25 pm
I forget what 12% is haha Cool combo, great shape to be in! I got short changed, MOM was 5 foot and Dad 5"11...wound up in the middle at 5'6." It was an easy decision to make to be a fire plug being so short. "NOT TALL? GET WIDE."

I'm with you Juggernaut. Thanks to my family's genetics, I stand at 5'6" myself. Doesn't mean we can't grow in other areas.

And Dano, as Juggernaut suggested to me earlier, make sure you say hi to 390 as you move past to 405......415....etc. Keeping ripping it!

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 2:01 pm
I'm with you Juggernaut. Thanks to my family's genetics, I stand at 5'6" myself. Doesn't mean we can't grow in other areas.

And Dano, as Juggernaut suggested to me earlier, make sure you say hi to 390 as you move past to 405......415....etc. Keeping ripping it!

Thanks for subbing here, it must have been us seeing eye to eye (literally) on shit right? haha

Well, since election is over; I need to make a post about the plans for the future...more on that later.

McFly
11-05-08, 3:51 pm
I say we celebrate over protein shakes!

i'll have whatever jugg's having.....just let me know what's in it so i can add it to my macro/caloric/supplement chart.

thanks

Hoomgar
11-05-08, 3:59 pm
i'll have whatever jugg's having.....just let me know what's in it so i can add it to my macro/caloric/supplement chart.

thanks

x2. But no need to use up all your own ingredients. I'll gladly use my own stuff. Just gotta let me know what all is in it and in what measures.

Thanks.

machineman
11-05-08, 4:12 pm
Damn straight you paid..and paid dearly..

sure am....the late fees are really building this afternoon....as long as inflation stays high, it will be ALL good!!

wedge
11-05-08, 4:36 pm
Thanks for subbing here, it must have been us seeing eye to eye (literally) on shit right? haha

Well, since election is over; I need to make a post about the plans for the future...more on that later.

Don't mention it bro. Its like momma always said, "good things come in small packages."
Though I am looking forward to some new plans, I hope we keep up with the taxation. Change is coming, and not just in the country. And taxation is a great way to keep the change going.

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 4:36 pm

thanks

Only if your macro chart looks like mine... it has pictures of large plates of food over flowing with the words..."it's time to eat again" on it..

JUGGERNAUT
11-05-08, 4:37 pm
Don't mention it bro. Its like momma always said, "good things come in small packages."
Though I am looking forward to some new plans, I hope we keep up with the taxation. Change is coming, and not just in the country. And taxation is a great way to keep the change going.

TRUTH

DANO
11-05-08, 6:32 pm

Damn straight. i don't want to just pass it, I want to BLOW past it!!

wedge
11-05-08, 7:29 pm
Damn straight. i don't want to just pass it, I want to BLOW past it!!

See it long enough to pull it, then visit it every so often when your warming up.

JUGGERNAUT
11-07-08, 3:12 pm
In 2009. Make sure you finish out 2008 with a bang.

Hoomgar
11-07-08, 3:22 pm
In 2009. Make sure you finish out 2008 with a bang.

No rollovers I heard? You gotta pay all new dues in 2009? Is this true J?

JUGGERNAUT
11-07-08, 3:41 pm
No rollovers I heard? You gotta pay all new dues in 2009? Is this true J?

Every year we become wiser, the dues never stop, the methods of obtaining strength and size get more efficient but never get any easier.......No rollovers, every year you start with a clean slate because you are only as good as your last rep and like my saying.."There Is No Last Rep." There you have it...it never stops and it never gives up.

machineman
11-07-08, 3:58 pm
gotta love the new year!! taxation has definitely increased this week....journey has more on that.....