PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

Atreyu
10-16-08, 7:04 pm
I was in the gym the other night hitting legs and in my gym there are 2 squat racks side by side. me on one and these 2 6' 150 lbs. guys that were having serious problems squating the bar when i was in the middle of my last set and had 275 on the bar. as i started my 4th rep one of the guys was walking around acting hard hit my bar causing me to go off balance. i threw the bar back crashing into a bench and looked at dude and started in on him as he and his little buddy ran off... is this just me or has someone else expierenced this?

J.Damico
10-16-08, 7:31 pm
gym is full of "tough guys" there's always gonna be someone who thinks they are stronger than you and may not be and for everyone of them there's going to 10 that actually are. Lift for yourself and ignore the bullshit.

shizz702
10-16-08, 7:36 pm
Lift for yourself and ignore the bullshit.

x2

Lunatic001
10-16-08, 7:39 pm
I would agree to ignore the bullshit, but that was a bad move that could have injured me in a bad way....so I personally would have gone of as well and even throw a couple of 45s their way....I am all for ignoring all the shit in the gym but if you purposely do something that might injure me or my training partner, you better man up for the consequences......just my take....sorry to disagree Shizzzzz

BiG in NYC 823
10-16-08, 7:42 pm
Wow..serious??

I don't know if I could say "ignore it and be above it" as that could have caused a serious injury to you..

Just horrible..and sad...

shizz702
10-16-08, 7:42 pm
I would agree to ignore the bullshit, but that was a bad move that could have injured me in a bad way....so I personally would have gone of as well and even throw a couple of 45s their way....I am all for ignoring all the shit in the gym but if you purposely do something that might injure me or my training partner, you better man up for the consequences......just my take....sorry to disagree Shizzzzz

yea you got a point lunatic, if they intentionally did something like that to hurt you then you had every right to go after them.

FireFighter85
10-16-08, 7:44 pm
Yeah man Ive had shit like that happen... Doing heavy deads and homeboy decided the best place to walk was right behind me.. now when I'm going heavy Ive got enough to worry about just keeping myself safe, I don't need to worry about something happens that somebody else gets hurt too... Some people dont have common courtesy.. its kinda like how they don't re-rack the weights.. one of my all time pet peeves

J.Damico
10-17-08, 2:42 pm
I didn't take the part about him hitting your weight as anything more than a nudge, so that's where I come off saying "ignore the bullshit." However, if it was deliberate then that's another story.

Brick By Brick
10-17-08, 2:55 pm
LOL. I probably would've gone after him to let him know how much I didn't appreciate that. I do take medication for my personality problems, but sometimes it doesn't work, just saying.

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 3:00 pm
Those two dudes should loose their membership there. Nobody else saw this happening? I would have called the cops and said it was self defense when the two guys were skewered on the olympic bar like a shish-kebab haha. No seriously, that is really fed up. Glad you are ok bro that could have been a career ender right there and those dudes should get charges pressed.

sanga
10-17-08, 3:04 pm
I wouldn`t have let that go, I`d have had a word with him very closely.

brandonA
10-17-08, 3:32 pm
Those two dudes should loose their membership there. Nobody else saw this happening? I would have called the cops and said it was self defense when the two guys were skewered on the olympic bar like a shish-kebab haha. No seriously, that is really fed up. Glad you are ok bro that could have been a career ender right there and those dudes should get charges pressed.

You act a fool when someone is in the middle of a lift and you can find a new fucking gym. Not to mention you will be lucky to leave with out a plate or two upside your head. That is how people get hurt or even worse killed...What would have happened if some one was on the bench or walking by when the bar came off your back? I shudder to think about that....

Clowning and joking is cool, but not when the weight is in hand. This is an unspoken rule that every TRUE gym rat knows...

-B

JUGGERNAUT
10-17-08, 3:50 pm
You act a fool when someone is in the middle of a lift and you can find a new fucking gym. Not to mention you will be lucky to leave with out a plate or two upside your head. That is how people get hurt or even worse killed...What would have happened if some one was on the bench or walking by when the bar came off your back? I shudder to think about that....

Clowning and joking is cool, but not when the weight is in hand. This is an unspoken rule that every TRUE gym rat knows...

-B

Should be a no brainer right??? jeez bran, what you say we go to a pistol range and smack everybody’s elbow???? No shortage of asshats in this world I swear.

v8ftmfw
10-17-08, 4:24 pm
what about, flat bend press bardbell, finish my last set and drop a weight, this big dude look at me and shake his head. Should I ignore that shit too ?

geneticphenom
10-17-08, 5:50 pm
I have noticed that bigger guys at the gym just keep their heads down and do their thing,the little guys are the arrogant ones.just from my experiences

Squat_Heavy
10-17-08, 5:52 pm
If people say shit and act up, just ignore it. But when they do something that could fuck you up.... thats just wrong dude

Tiny
10-18-08, 8:42 am
I have noticed that bigger guys at the gym just keep their heads down and do their thing,the little guys are the arrogant ones.just from my experiences

So true. Man, sometimes it just gets old when everyone in the gym keeps staring at me non-stop. I look up as I am resting between sets and dudes are looking all up in my face - it just gets aggravating sometimes. I mean, I appreciate that I'm a freaky guy and not the usual fare but I'd rather have guys approach and simply ask a question or whatever than to endlessly stare at me. But if it gets too bad, I guess I could go commando in a real baggy legged pair of shorts so my nuts hang out while benching . . . I'm kiddding, of course, I'm joking, cut me some slack. But on the real tip, I was contemplating the other day at how much it sucks sometimes to have to train in a commercial gym - it's rough, that's for sure. As for the nutsack that bumped your bar, that shit is too much to expect anyone to tolerate.

Carpe Diem P.T
10-18-08, 8:53 am
I was in the gym the other night hitting legs and in my gym there are 2 squat racks side by side. me on one and these 2 6' 150 lbs. guys that were having serious problems squating the bar when i was in the middle of my last set and had 275 on the bar. as i started my 4th rep one of the guys was walking around acting hard hit my bar causing me to go off balance. i threw the bar back crashing into a bench and looked at dude and started in on him as he and his little buddy ran off... is this just me or has someone else expierenced this?

you started in on him? who do you think you are, the rock? the guy obviously didnt do it on purpose and you were keen to prove your manliness regardless. you even had to point out how skinny they were in this thread. weak. I also really doubt they ran off.

I say this thread belongs in the bullshit section of the forum. sick of reading crap like this.

Tiny
10-18-08, 9:06 am
you started in on him? who do you think you are, the rock? the guy obviously didnt do it on purpose and you were keen to prove your manliness regardless. you even had to point out how skinny they were in this thread. weak. I also really doubt they ran off.

I say this thread belongs in the bullshit section of the forum. sick of reading crap like this.

Damn, that's harder than me! All kidding aside, though, (and I won't talk about this again because it isn't really worth the space on our Forvm) there really are a lot of aggravaiting, ego-driven, fake macho assholes in a lot of these commerical gyms. The other day I was using a high pulley and there were at least 6 more of them throughout the gym which were vacant, yet here comes some dude wanting to jump in between sets on the one I'm using. I don't have time for it so I just vacate and head over to one of the other six and pick up where I left off. I had better equipment and atmosphere at my home gym than in any of the three gyms I currently train at, AND there was only one asshole in my gym . . . me. I've seen numerous posts pissing and moaning about others in the gym and I ignore it but I do feel ya 'cause I'm in there too and assholes are plentiful.

Psycho77
10-18-08, 9:23 am

I noticed that as well.

Factory
10-18-08, 10:32 am
sometimes when i just did a heavy back or legs day i bump into shit. some people aren't doing it to be assholes. I just lose myself in my lift sometimes. i've never been that unaware of my surroundings though. a lot of guys go to the gym and see a big guy and try to lift what / how he's lifting. that type of shit that happened to you is one of the reasons i been lifting real light lately, doing a ton of reps / sets - noone looks twice cause your not throwing around a couple hundred lbs

simpleguy
10-18-08, 11:46 am
I would agree to ignore the bullshit, but that was a bad move that could have injured me in a bad way....so I personally would have gone of as well and even throw a couple of 45s their way....I am all for ignoring all the shit in the gym but if you purposely do something that might injure me or my training partner, you better man up for the consequences......just my take....

yeah, true that... ignore the shit... but if someone is not polite, stands in your way - causing you an injury, then as Machine says, 'rob that motherfucker'

NJC_Manhattan
10-18-08, 11:52 am
I noticed that as well.

I just throw on my headphones, and keep my head in my journal and the weights. I'm not there to wear a tight T-shirt or sit in front of the mirror... I'm there for my health, my goals, my life... remember pride comes before the fall

The Sun
10-18-08, 6:06 pm
if anyone tries to hurt you then you should chase the motherfucker.

Psycho77
10-18-08, 9:07 pm
if anyone tries to hurt you then you should chase the motherfucker.

have had stuff happen but all are accidents. No one has tried to do anything deliberate for as of now and I don't know how I'll react if and when that happens.

geneticphenom
10-18-08, 9:38 pm
So true. Man, sometimes it just gets old when everyone in the gym keeps staring at me non-stop. I look up as I am resting between sets and dudes are looking all up in my face - it just gets aggravating sometimes. I mean, I appreciate that I'm a freaky guy and not the usual fare but I'd rather have guys approach and simply ask a question or whatever than to endlessly stare at me. But if it gets too bad, I guess I could go commando in a real baggy legged pair of shorts so my nuts hang out while benching . . . I'm kiddding, of course, I'm joking, cut me some slack. But on the real tip, I was contemplating the other day at how much it sucks sometimes to have to train in a commercial gym - it's rough, that's for sure. As for the nutsack that bumped your bar, that shit is too much to expect anyone to tolerate.

Yeah man,I am a bigger guy,but NEVER seen it needed to act arrogantly(or ignorantly),even when I was small.There will always be someone BIGGER and BETTER!

The Sun
10-19-08, 1:15 am
have had stuff happen but all are accidents. No one has tried to do anything deliberate for as of now and I don't know how I'll react if and when that happens.

just saying man.

prowrestler
10-19-08, 3:49 am
my take

ignore the idiots

fuck up the ones who danger you