PDA

View Full Version : canker sores

xmarkx
10-17-08, 4:09 pm
whats the fastest way to cure one?
I get one like once every 3 months. hurts like hell.

A bit off topic, sorry brothers.

Pizzalamp
10-17-08, 10:14 pm

make sure u are getting enough vitamins and minerals
nerves usually cause mine or if im run down
i kinda like getting em ill put salt in em

Cstlfx
10-17-08, 10:52 pm
You cant really cure it. Its a form of the herpes virus. Stress usually brings an out break. They have OTC medication to help it go away faster. Not too sure, think it may be called abreva or something along those lines.

xmarkx
10-17-08, 10:54 pm
make sure u are getting enough vitamins and minerals
nerves usually cause mine or if im run down
i kinda like getting em ill put salt in em

yeah, ive been doing about a half cup of hot water (tolerable) and a tablespoon of salt.
and swishing it around for a good 30 seconds.
hopefully it'll work.

EDIT: also taking lysine.

npeezy
10-19-08, 9:11 pm
zinc lozenges

BryanSmash!
10-20-08, 4:44 am
saltwater I believe is the best thing.

DetroitMuscle
10-20-08, 10:23 am
Go get that shit that has the dropper. Its like a temporary skin film that forms over them. I used to get them all the time. They can be created by stress as well as high acid levels. I used to have acid reflux/heartburn. Try adjusting your diet too. Anything with tomatoes I found increased my acid issues drastically.

But yea- the dropper is awesome for when you want to actually eat...because I know how difficult that is sometimes. I used to get 3 and 4 at at time in my mouth and it hurt to even talk!!

Sometimes I would be at a restraunt and would get frustrated and just squeeze mustard on it...it would burn like hell for like 30 seconds and then numb up so I could eat!

Worse case go to your doc and get a prescription. They are controllable.

IronWilson
10-20-08, 10:27 am
Personally I use baking soda. Just try not to get too stressed out, and of course avoid eating large amounts of citrusy foods.

Enforcer
10-20-08, 10:33 am

Well the first thing would be stop making off with all of the dirty girls out there....lol jk bro

Factory
10-20-08, 10:35 am
i've never gotten one, my friend gets them all the time, might be person to person? maybe upping your oral hygiene will help? (mind you i don't really have any real medical idea of how to fix them, just trying to offer some help)

Big Wides
10-20-08, 10:44 am
I used to get them a lot, here are some things that may help you:

- L-Lysine helps in preventing these bad boys (I beleive its found in Pak)
- If you have them now, either get rid of your tootbrush or disinfect it
- Mouthwash has helped me as well, but make sure that you put it into a Dixie cup before using it so that the bad shit doesnt get on the bottle
- Wash all food holding containers and utensils in hot ass water, or if you have a diswasher use the high temp scrub feature on it.

Other than that, there are some OTC things that will help you get rid of them and/or protect the sore so that it doesnt get aggravated and can heal

DetroitMuscle
10-21-08, 10:34 am
So...this thread is pretty ironic because after my replies yesterday I went to the gym, went home, played some games and then went to bed.

I woke up this morning and what do ya know I have a canker sore on the inside of my cheek LOL...wtf?!