PDA

View Full Version : I am a pansy who can't swallow pills.....

PansyWhoCantSwallow
10-17-08, 4:33 pm
I either have a pysical disorder or have a sever phobia. I cannot get pills down. When I do, I choke or gag.

So what do I do? I look at a pack of pills that has 11 pills to take.... I'm pretty smart eh?

Anyways, I was just wondering if I can just blend them with a morning shake since I see they are all tablets and no capsules. Would I still get the same effect and my body still take it the same way? I'd like to just put it in my blender with my morning shake and take it down.

Possible?

Sorry for the presence of pansy on your forums... :(

sanga
10-17-08, 4:37 pm
If the only way to get them down was to crush them up then thats what I`d do mate.

SQUAT or DIE!
10-17-08, 4:38 pm
blending them may make ethe shake taste bad..

take a big sip of water, drop a pill in then swallow.. worked for me til i could take several at a time

PansyWhoCantSwallow
10-17-08, 4:53 pm
I'm sorry for such a thread, I am truely embarressed. When it comes to taste, I can take anything down. I'll eat/drink the nastiest things no problem. But swallowing pills? I fall apart and crumble like a little choir boy. It's been a life long issue, and I would really like to not have it hold me pack from what I see as the best vitamin pack supplements I've seen. I love the pack, whats in it, but trying to figure out another way to take it down. I'd love to just blender it but I wasn't sure if that would take away from the effects of these pills? Smashing and mixing them all together like that. I don't want to decrease the effects of the supplements.

SQUAT or DIE!
10-17-08, 5:03 pm
there is a thread about this same topic some where that has several ideas on how to do take them.. try and find it..

we all have things we cant do, no shame in it man..

xmarkx
10-17-08, 5:19 pm
start with the biggest pills, have your drink in one hand (try something with flavor, maybe gatorade or a fruit punch) put the pill in your mouth, tilt your head back until the pill slowly starts to move, and take a sip.
works 95% of the time for me

Elite
10-17-08, 6:04 pm
I Cant Swallow Pills To Save My Life
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19475&highlight=swallow+pak+pills

Any Tips???
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19247&highlight=swallow+pak+pills

Animal Pak & A Protein Shake?
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17770&highlight=swallow+pak+pills

Animal Pak Help!!!
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17481&highlight=swallow+pak+pills

Large Pills In Animal Pak
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12276&highlight=swallow+pak+pills

You are'nt a pansy, you just have trouble swallowing pills. Last time i checked, these two had no relation.

Elite
10-17-08, 6:07 pm
put the pill in your mouth, tilt your head back until the pill slowly starts to move, and take a sip.
works 95% of the time for me

And the other 5% of the time, he ends up in the E.R

xmarkx
10-17-08, 6:14 pm
And the other 5% of the time, he ends up in the E.R

hahaha

Arnold Is Numero Uno
10-17-08, 6:50 pm
It just takes getting used to...i used to gag on the gnc multi back in the day...now it's nothin...I downed the whole Animal Flex pak all at once now

just take one at a time and practice...u'll get it man...you don't want to mess up the time release

Cstlfx
10-17-08, 11:04 pm
I've been taking the pack for a few years now, I still gag on the pills sometimes and I take them one at a time!! Dont know what it is, I swallow food bigger than the pills. I feel ya bro, as long as you get em down, no shame.

machineman
10-18-08, 8:00 am
I take the bigger pills in the Pack 2 at a time....sometimes they don't go down real well! But for some reason, I can take the whole Flex pack with no problem.....do what ever it takes, man....

Bard of Rage
10-18-08, 8:31 am
Perhaps I'm odd since I have no issues. I can take 2-3 packs at once. I usually down Omega, Pak, and flex at one time with a sip of water during breakfast.

NJC_Manhattan
10-18-08, 11:26 am
No big deal bro. Get a grinder and turn it into a fine powder, mixes well with a hefty shake...

or as others have said just go step by step, one pill at a time. Make sure, this is important, to drink at least 24 oz of water with the pak with your condition, just so no pills get stuck in your throat and expand... that would be incredibly bad

Cstlfx
10-18-08, 12:26 pm
To add to what I said, I usually line up my pills, largest to smallest. I start with the largest so that when my gag reflex is in full swing, I'm taking the smallest.

I cant believe someone can down 3 packs at once, thats rediculous. Its because of something like that, that I know me only being able to swallow a pill at a time is in my head. I mean, I know I swallow pieces of food bigger than the pills, haha.

PansyWhoCantSwallow
10-19-08, 10:57 am
UPDATE!!!

Hey guys just wanted to give an update. I thought of what I could do to get these things down and I think I found a solution..... Oatmeal!!!!!

I made myself some oatmeal sunday morning and while eating it I noticed I was swallowing that stuff in huge chunks like nothing, so I was like... Hmmm.....?

So I opened a Pak, put my pills in my oatmeal, and took mig scoops of oatmeal and without even feeling the pills in my mouth, I swallowed and felt NOTHING!

So I kept going and going and I took the whole pack down with my oatmeal, hiding them in the oats. Kinda silly yes, but it's a start! I only felt the 3 big hossas, but the rest I didn't even feel when I took down the oatmeal.

So just letting you guys know I am making progress and putting this out there as a possible solution to others who may be having a problem swallowing these horse pills.

Thanks!

Arnold Is Numero Uno
10-20-08, 5:38 pm
nice whatever it takes man...and you didn't have to grind them up which is good

Enforcer
10-21-08, 9:15 am
I either have a pysical disorder or have a sever phobia. I cannot get pills down. When I do, I choke or gag.

So what do I do? I look at a pack of pills that has 11 pills to take.... I'm pretty smart eh?

Anyways, I was just wondering if I can just blend them with a morning shake since I see they are all tablets and no capsules. Would I still get the same effect and my body still take it the same way? I'd like to just put it in my blender with my morning shake and take it down.

Possible?

Sorry for the presence of pansy on your forums... :(

Grinding up the pills in Animal Pak will cause them to lose some of their potency. What I suggest is take 1-2 pills with every meal you have throughout the day.