PDA

View Full Version : Mass Gaining Foods for a College Student

SlikRick
10-17-08, 6:42 pm
About to go on a clean bulk, just want some recommended foods and tips on gaining mass with limited resources. All we get on campus is a frig, freezer, and microwave, so egg whites are out of question. Been sticking to frozen chicken nuggets and pre-cooked salmon/turkey so far. Any suggestions appreciated.

REBORN1
10-17-08, 7:06 pm
About to go on a clean bulk, just want some recommended foods and tips on gaining mass with limited resources. All we get on campus is a frig, freezer, and microwave, so egg whites are out of question. Been sticking to frozen chicken nuggets and pre-cooked salmon/turkey so far. Any suggestions appreciated.

egg whites arent out of the question really, they can be cooked in the microwave, or you can get the carton of egg whites(pricey) and throw them in your shake, if youre bulking at school just eat anything and everything, just make sure it is lean and quality calories, stay away from anything with trans fats

Thetasteofink69
10-17-08, 7:18 pm
I would ditch the clean idea if I were you.. If you were to choose a regular bulk, the cafeteria would be your best friend.. In a situation such as yours it would probably be easier to regular bulk and then cut to lose the body fat

SlikRick
10-17-08, 7:40 pm
Hmm, I've had many people on campus tell me to ditch the idea of a clean bulk, since it just isn't effective enough in my circumstance, so I'll definitely look into that. I've never heard of egg whites in a carton or egg whites in a microwave, I'm going to run by the grocery store to check that out, shows how much I know, haha.

Also, can any form of beef be made in a microwave?

ChubbzterTF
10-17-08, 8:10 pm
Also, can any form of beef be made in a microwave?

not if it's initially raw... you'll spend more time in the bathroom than the amount time you saved making it :-/

GJN5002
10-20-08, 10:55 am
i dont think you should completely ditch the idea of a clean bulk. Stop eating chicken nuggets they are garbage. Lunch meat is alright, whole wheat brea, oats, canned tuna and chicken, you can make eggs in the microwave. I ate better in college than I did when I came home because i decided what things I would buy and eat. Other than that hit up the caff and eat some good food. Eat a slad first and get some lean protein in then if you have more room i nyour stomach go ahead and binge a little.

LegendKillerJosh
10-20-08, 12:22 pm
to me "clean bulk" is an oxymoron. If your bulking, get the calories in no matter what. Wether it's chicken and mixed veggies, or 3 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers, just get enough calories to grow. Frozen pizzas, whatever. Just eat.

stump55
10-20-08, 7:47 pm
I know what its like to try and eat at school. My main meal is 10 ounces of ground turkey with 2 cups of brown rice. You can get a pound of ground turkey for $1.50 at walmart and by a 6lb bag of rice for 11. Not too expensive at all.

musclealchemist
10-20-08, 8:15 pm
Tuna over rice, fish from sams is a must. Get the potatoes from walmart that come in a bag, they are awesome and have plenty of carbs. You should do a clean bulk, by clean i mean not eating trash, meaning any type of fast food and stuff like that. Im sure you know this already, but just eat what taste good, and workout hard. You will get huge.

Cellerator65
10-20-08, 11:05 pm
see if u can get a george foreman grill, i think they're a fire hazard in dorms, but my friend had one and its perfect for cooking meat.

Attaus
10-21-08, 12:01 am
I'm a college student as well, and I try to keep my protein shake intake to 3 a day. Regularly I drink ****** **** because it tastes great and keeps me drinking them, but after my workout is when I do the serious shit. Other than that, my food money is paid for so I go downstairs and eat whatever. Fried chicken, pizza, ice cream, etc.

I bought the "mass protein shake", which I've had before, but I didn't use it correctly. The stuff has 1000 calories, 66g of protein, and 150g of carbs in a single 16oz shake. It tastes like hell and requires a few minutes to drink, but if you can't gain off this stuff something aint right.

You can get all different kinds from BB.com for reasonable prices, but this will help you get the mass you need during quite possibly the most important meal you consume.

Big Wides
10-21-08, 9:20 am
Go to the cafeteria if you have a meal plan and make smart choices. Also if you eat your dinner there, bring you backpack and have it filled with empty tuberware containers. Make as many trips up to the feeding lines (if its an all you can eat style) bring the food back to where you are sitting and fill up the tubberware. Make sure you get those ones with the tight lids or you will have a mess. Other than that just eat what you can, when you can.

Aggression
10-23-08, 1:12 pm
Go to the cafeteria if you have a meal plan and make smart choices. Also if you eat your dinner there, bring you backpack and have it filled with empty tuberware containers. Make as many trips up to the feeding lines (if its an all you can eat style) bring the food back to where you are sitting and fill up the tubberware. Make sure you get those ones with the tight lids or you will have a mess. Other than that just eat what you can, when you can.

This is exactly what I did when I was in college. It's not impossible to eat clean while in a college setting. I had an unlimited meal plan, and me and my 2 roommates became VERY good friends with the chef haha. In the morning, she made us our egg whites from legit eggs, and at night, chicken was available from the grill. A few weeks into the semester, she was cooking the chicken ahead of time so when we got there, we had it waiting for us on the grill. I also brought a backpack and filled up with breads, chicken, cereal, bananas, milk and fruit haha.

BigNick84
10-23-08, 1:28 pm
Man when I was in school I had a great time bulking for both semesters. Here is what I ate and how I did it. I was able to have a forman grill as long as I used it by the window in my room. I had chicken, steak, fish, i would buy potatoes and rice. Trick is you can cook them in the microwave. I ate plenty of salads and greens. try that i had shakes or i cooked my egg whites in the microwave.

prowrestler
10-23-08, 1:59 pm
peanut butter for cals

simpleguy
10-23-08, 2:31 pm
try your best to keep it clean... a junk food diet is the worse thing you can do... you might be a hardgainer, but even then it is just a matter of cals... get more of them from potatoes and fruit, save the burgers for the cheat meals...

many people use the 'bulking season' as an occasion to eat almost everything in site... there is only one reason for that: lack of discipline

why put all that shit in your body, if you're smart you also care about the health of your body right?