PDA

View Full Version : cant get my deadlift or military press to go up

futurefreak101
10-17-08, 8:05 pm
dumbell press 60s..fucking 60s...pathetic..for 10 reps...and 80s for 3 reps..for the longest fuking time...and deadlift 415 for the past couple of months....wtf....the military press is really pissing me off. i wanna get these numbers up..

shizz702
10-17-08, 8:07 pm
dumbell press 60s..fucking 60s...pathetic..for 10 reps...and 80s for 3 reps..for the longest fuking time...and deadlift 415 for the past couple of months....wtf....the military press is really pissing me off. i wanna get these numbers up..

what's your current routine? When was the last time you took some time off to rest? How's your diet and sleep?

futurefreak101
10-17-08, 8:12 pm
what's your current routine? When was the last time you took some time off to rest? How's your diet and sleep?

5 day split..mon chest..tue back..wed..legs..thur shoulders...fri arms...i have never taken time off in the past 3 years (serious i have never missed a training session no joke) i eat a shit ton my sleep could be better but i gotta pay the bills...my shoulders arent small there just fukin weak....im embaressed by that dumbell press...ive seen dudes a quarter of my size pressing 100s.

shizz702
10-17-08, 8:30 pm
5 day split..mon chest..tue back..wed..legs..thur shoulders...fri arms...i have never taken time off in the past 3 years (serious i have never missed a training session no joke) i eat a shit ton my sleep could be better but i gotta pay the bills...my shoulders arent small there just fukin weak....im embaressed by that dumbell press...ive seen dudes a quarter of my size pressing 100s.

Well if you want your dead and military numbers to go up a 5 day split is not optimal for strength gains. I'd recommend lightening up the volume a bit. If you want to stay doing your current routine I'd recommend taking a week off to rest and recharge and see if that helps.

Cstlfx
10-18-08, 12:25 am
Well if you want your dead and military numbers to go up a 5 day split is not optimal for strength gains. I'd recommend lightening up the volume a bit. If you want to stay doing your current routine I'd recommend taking a week off to rest and recharge and see if that helps.

take the week off. Eat as much as you would during training. It will do wonders. Your body needs to recharge.

jeff00z28
10-18-08, 1:11 am
warm up rotator cuffs then focus more on standing barbell. if u wanna do db presses then do them after the standing barbell

1samtheman1
10-18-08, 7:41 am
i agree with shizz,you need to probably change your routine,
do arms and shoulders same day or forget bis and tris all together or do a little on chest and some on back.
i think that youalso need strog lower back for strong shoulders,try back extensions,
and axle presing will also be a good change.you wont see your pr rise useing db all the time.
as for the deadlifts you probably need to reasearch the site and find what methods get your deadlifts up.i think routine is important for seting prs.along with change rest.and all the above mentioned.

Tiny
10-18-08, 7:53 am

415 on the dead but what about rep sets? Is that 415 a single? If so, how many reps CAN you succeed in pulling at 315? How many at 365? Start maxing out rep wise and not just weight wise - get more variety in there. Next deadlift day set out to do 5 sets of 12-15 reps with 315 - try some shit like that awhile and move up (over a few weeks) to pulling 5 sets of 365 for 10 - 12, then tell me about that 415 max. If half you youngins trained with me you'd be too fuckin exhausted to whine. Peace, bro, now go get paid.

1samtheman1
10-18-08, 11:40 am
warm up rotator cuffs then focus more on standing barbell. if u wanna do db presses then do them after the standing barbell

i agree and db arent good used all the time,they are good for strenghtening your shoulders no way you could set pr with db.
just use bb for prs then you will see your dbrise aswell.

ps tiny same goes to you ya oldiehaha