PDA

View Full Version : Question, could I get some help, please?

bsatellite
10-18-08, 3:05 pm
Hey,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I seen diet so this is where I thought it should go, hopefully I'm right.

My name is Brendan Melanson, I'm 14 and I live in Cavendish, PEI. I weight 200 lbs and I can lift about 160 lbs, I'm obese, fat, over-weight.. However you wanna phrase it and I'm looking to loose weight, tone up and muscle up. I need help with my diet, it's challenging and frustrating, so I'd appreciate you're help! I need a exact guide-line, built diet for me on my three main goals: Loose Weight, Tone Up, Bulk Up!

I need to know what to eat, when too eat, how much to eat and what to drink, I'm currently going over-board on Pepsi One and Red Bull, unfortuantly I'm scared to eat/drink anything else. You're help is greatly appreciated!!

randombaz
10-18-08, 3:22 pm
until you get the detailed response you're looking for, take this advice. burn more calories than you eat. you can't deny physics, you have to loose weight if you do this.

if you know this, stop reading it and apply it. good luck, and keep going 5 months plus before you think to quit :)

simpleguy
10-18-08, 3:23 pm
as a start ditch the red bull... that sugar is probably the main reason why you're out of shape

sanga
10-18-08, 3:26 pm
Hello mate and welcome, you have come to the right place.

Heres what I suggest,

First stop drinking all the rubbish drinks and eating junk food, start by switching to wholesome foods, meats, fish, nuts, vegetables, fruits, oats and the like, no junk at all, this should help you to start shifting some lard, I will not give you exact amounts as I do not know you plus you are very young and are probably very active and will grow anyway.

Second, go to diet section and read all you can about nutrition, good bodybuilding foods, what to eat when, pre workout, post workout etc, you need to be eating every 3 hours roughly and each meal needs to contain protein and healthy fats, you can add some carbs too especially after training.

Go read all you can then come back and ask questions if you wish, everyone will add their opinions and experiences.

bsatellite
10-18-08, 3:51 pm
Thanks,

I really appreciate the fast responses! I'm reading as we speak now but will still need further advice e.t.c

As of Monday, just for the fact I can't just jump ship and everything and the weekend the folks are gone so the meal situation is hard, I'm hoping to start a full diet.

All junk food, energy drinks and soda are now cut out. Fast food and TV dinners are also cut out.

How bad is orange juice?

sanga
10-18-08, 4:46 pm
Orange Juice is ok in moderation, say a glass a day, maybe after training then have a protein shake or a solid meal within 30-45 minutes.

AFTazz06
10-18-08, 5:35 pm
try to slowly increase drinking more water during the day, try working up to a gallon a day. Water will help clean your system, and drinking alot of it might keep you from craving the other drinks.

bsatellite
10-18-08, 6:20 pm
Alright, thanks for the responses!

Anything else I should know? I'm stacking and packing for Monday, that's the day my journey shall begin!

Jonisocool
10-18-08, 10:41 pm
Remain vigilant! Its tough, but maintain food integrity, you already know what you should and shouldnt eat.

The less packaged and pre-made it is, the better I say. Bulk eggs, canned salmon and tuna, beef, frozen boneless chicken breast, natural peanut butter, fruit, and OATMEAL om nom nom nom. lol

Its sad though, these days 60 bucks barely fills your shopping cart.. and 60 bucks is hardly a weeks worth of groceries lol.

waugie14
10-18-08, 11:00 pm
Hey bud, congrats on taking charge in your life early! You'll be happy you did when you look back....Since your young man, cut out all JUNK, SUGAR'S, POP, FAST FOOD's etc.....start a basic training routine, some cardio, play sports...you'll be a different person in no time...Also, I'd post in OX's thread as well with your story...good luck!

born0withno0soul
10-18-08, 11:34 pm
well for starters, quit drinking the shit redbull and sodas and drink water. that alone will help you cut down on some unwanted calories and help you lose water retention weight.

Medford
10-19-08, 9:07 am
here's a little secret that really works. go to walmart's and get those Axe little bullet bodyshots of cologne. carry one always. the next time you are tempted by food (are around it or smell it, hot buttery or greasy no-nos) discretely blast a small shot of this cheat cologne right under your neck. foods smell can tempt you and the cologne changes your impulse ( I work in a restaurant, this really works)

DreamZero
10-19-08, 9:44 am
If you have only one ass, you can only sit on one saddle.

" my three main goals: Loose Weight, Tone Up, Bulk Up! "

I guess the most important thing to you right now is to lose FAT (not just "weight", you prolly dont want to lose muscle...)

Cut off the junk first

Then read everything you can read, on this forum and anywhere else.. knowledge is power

And finally, build up a smart diet.. and stick to it

abc of carb cycling http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm
abc of keto http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm
Try it and compare, see what works best for you

bsatellite
10-19-08, 11:23 am
Yeah,

I'm having my last day of soda, I'm trying my hardest to avoid the junk food for today.. Folks are gone all day once again, without much food besides Hungry Man dinners :@ I dropped fourteen pounds in a bout a week and half, a while back.. Bike rid to work, took my multivitamins and hydroxy, and damn fit into an old pair of jeans ut I ended up putting it all back on ... Fucken vacations :@

Anyways,

My diet so far:

Water
GNC MultiVitmin
Wheybolic Extreme
Hydroxycut Hardcore
Protein, hamburgers without the buns, fish, boneless chicken e.t.c
Salads

That's all I've relaly come up with so far but between now and bed time I should have it all set and my folks are gonna go in to the grocery stores and stock up tomorrow, hopefully. Until then I'm just gonna stick with the best choice I have.

Thanks again for al lthe support!! At my school they don't offer sports, I plan on trying to train Mixed Martial Arts though, along with working out routien and proper diet... Hopefully that works, if not I'll be going further. Yet never giving up.

stumblin54
10-19-08, 1:22 pm
Where's the food part of your diet?

Stumblin

AFTazz06
10-19-08, 1:34 pm
Yeah,

I'm having my last day of soda, I'm trying my hardest to avoid the junk food for today.. Folks are gone all day once again, without much food besides Hungry Man dinners :@ I dropped fourteen pounds in a bout a week and half, a while back.. Bike rid to work, took my multivitamins and hydroxy, and damn fit into an old pair of jeans ut I ended up putting it all back on ... Fucken vacations :@

Anyways,

My diet so far:

Water
GNC MultiVitmin
Wheybolic Extreme
Hydroxycut Hardcore
Protein, hamburgers without the buns, fish, boneless chicken e.t.c
Salads

That's all I've relaly come up with so far but between now and bed time I should have it all set and my folks are gonna go in to the grocery stores and stock up tomorrow, hopefully. Until then I'm just gonna stick with the best choice I have.

Thanks again for al lthe support!! At my school they don't offer sports, I plan on trying to train Mixed Martial Arts though, along with working out routien and proper diet... Hopefully that works, if not I'll be going further. Yet never giving up.

FYI dont mention other products other than Universal on here dude. Its against the rules.

bsatellite
10-19-08, 2:00 pm
Sorry about that, I'll keep other products out of discussion.