PDA

View Full Version : Hardhit71's Journey

hardhit71
10-19-08, 3:30 pm
For me, the unexpected has happened. This devistation came with no warning and here i am now, feeling as if everything that i've worked for the past few years has gone to waste within only a few months. Right now I'm in college playing football and living on campus....which in my case has been one of the worst cases that could ever happen to an ANIMAL. I came here weighing about 235 solid with a max bench of 405, squat of 6 even and dl of 550. Unfortunately, strength doesn't seem to be a factor on my team and there has been very little time for me to work on my own with practice and class/studying. now I'm weighing about 220...NOT SOLID.??>>>> with extreme loss on strength and size. I'm not sure what my max is for everything at the moment but if i had to guess it would roughly be 275 bench, 400 squat, and 400 dl...no joke. For football, we DO NOT DO NEAR as much lifting as i expected. Its more running than anything. when we were lifting throughout the summer, we were doing the same muscle groups (ENTIRE BODY) day after day and i knew that this was absolutely useless. now we only lift once a week doing every muscle group in that day.
Today i woke up feeling a little different than i have these past few months. I felt like i had to make a change. I felt like time was wasting and something had to be done. I'm not going to wake up every morning and watch my self decompose anymore. No more cooling the fire that i worked so hard to kindle. This is where i start my journey. There's one way in and NO way out. Monday will be day one of my progress. Legs. I will use this journey as my motivation to stay on task and keep me from failing. Nothing but accelleration and pure adrenaline from here on.

prowrestler
10-19-08, 3:36 pm
i have a feeling this might be better in the "journey" section

hardhit71
10-19-08, 11:33 pm
Tomorrow is the beginning of my long journey. I came up with my weekly split:

Monday- Legs
-Box Squats 4x8-10
-Deep Squats 3x8-10
-Leg Press 4x8-10
-Leg Curls 4x10-15
-Leg Extensions 4x1015
-Abs -Calves

Tuesday- Shoulders/Traps
-Front Raises 4x10-15
-Side Raises 4x10-15
-Bent Over Raise 4x10-15
-Military Press 4x8-10
-Shrugs 5x10
-20 Minutes of Cardio

Wednesday- Biceps/Triceps
-Alternate DB Curls 4x15
-Preacher Curls 4x10
-Straigh Bar Curls 3x10
-EZ Bar Curls 3x10
(Substitute EZ Bar Curls with Hammer Curls Alternating Weeks)
-Tricep Extensions 4x10-15
-Revers Tricep Extensions 4x10
-Dips 2xFailure
-Abs

Thursday- Back
-Lat Pulldowns 4x15
-DB Rows 4x10-15
-Deadlifts 3x10-15
-Chins 3xFailure
-Calves -20 Minutes of Cardio

Friday- Chest
-Flat DB or BB Bench 4x10-15
-Incline DB or BB Bench 4x10-15
-Flat DB Flies 3x8-10
-Incline DB Flies 3x8-10
-Cable Crossovers 4x10
-Abs

Saturday- Recovery or Makeup Day

Sunday- Recovery or Makeup Day

Let me know if there are any suggestions or what you think>>.

hardhit71
10-20-08, 10:10 pm
Today was leg day. I can't really say that it was what i expected. I had a football game today so i went in to the gym already burning and fatigued. I didn't do deep squats because i burned myself out on box squats. The workout wasn't great although i can say that i used some nice, slow, burning movement which helped intensity stay high. Here are my numbers for the day:

Box Squats - 225,275,225,250
Deep Squats - ****
Leg Press- 8 plates, 10 plates, 12 plates, 14 plates
Leg Curls - 110,120,120,120
Leg Ext. - 245, 245, 245, 235

Hopefully next week will go a little better. I'm shooting for 315 for my last set on box and at least 4 sets of 225 on deep. I guess ill just have to dig a little deeper.

hardhit71
10-21-08, 2:58 pm
Even though last nights workout didnt seem to go too great my legs are feeling killer right now. i woke up this morning and did a good stretch with the team so that helps a little. Tonights shoulders. I'll post the figures later.

hardhit71
10-21-08, 9:32 pm
I had a pretty good shoulder/trap workout going for me tonight. here are the numbers for tonight:

Front Raises: 20lbs,20,20,20
Side: 25,25,25,20
Bent Over: 20,20,20,20
Military press(machine): 4 sets of 165....the machine didnt go any higher so i did them with slow, strict form
Shrugs: 60lb DB with slow motions, pausing for 10-15 seconds at the top.

I have a question for anyone that could answer it for me. What is the best way to get the roundness in the shoulders? it seems like that is one of the hardest areas for me to build. i guess i just can't quite figure it out yet.

hardhit71
10-22-08, 11:42 pm
Bis and Tris didnt go too bad tonight. i lifted about 3 hours ago and still have a pretty good pump? Tomorrow is going to kill me. I havnt worked my back in forever. i guess ill jus have to suck it up.

machineman
10-23-08, 6:09 am
looks like you have a solid plan...just be vary cautious of overtraining....escpecially if you are still in football season....post up what your diet looks like as well.....good luck....

Big Wides
10-23-08, 9:12 am
I'll be checking in....why so much preexhaust on your shoulder day?

JUGGERNAUT
10-23-08, 10:17 am
One more checking in....

hardhit71
10-23-08, 12:40 pm
I'll be checking in....why so much preexhaust on your shoulder day?

I didn't really feel like i was preexhausting. I just decided that i would train all 3 movements hard with the DBs. To tell you the truth, i really wasn't sore yesterday after i did shoulders the night before.

hardhit71
10-23-08, 12:42 pm
looks like you have a solid plan...just be vary cautious of overtraining....escpecially if you are still in football season....post up what your diet looks like as well.....good luck....

I can post my diet but its not very organized. i'm living on campus so i dont have too much of a choice. all i can do is try to get ahold of the meat they set out and all of the carbs. I'll post and maybe someone might have some suggestions.

hardhit71
10-23-08, 12:47 pm
I have back tonight. I don't have a lot of time to do it because i have to study for an exam tomorrow so i'll have to hurry. Hopefully i can keep the intensity at a maximum and leave with huge pumps.

hardhit71
10-23-08, 8:40 pm
I had to substitue DL tonight with the back ext. machine tonight because i injured my knee today at practice. It should be ready to go by next week though. i used 245 for five sets. that's as high as the machine went so i did them slow. I didn't really leave with the pump that i wanted. I think i was just trying to go for heavy weight too much and overlooked the technique aspect.

My diet today looked horrible. I'm not sure it could look much better while i'm living on campus because we are only allowed 3 meals/day. i only ate twice today because i woke up late so i tried to accumulate a lot of calories.
Meal 1:
2 Chicken breasts
3 small pieces of corn bread
a salad with light cheese and ranch
1 cup of white rice
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 2:
2 8ounce pieces of baked pork
1 6 inch sub with roast beef and cheddar
3 potatoe skins with light cheese
3 glasses of apple juice
a few scoops of ice cream (i had to do it)lol

I'm out of protein powder so i'll have to go to the store this weekend and pick some up. I take it with milk for more calories and grams.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can manage a better diet throughout the week? I'd appreciate it.

machineman
10-23-08, 8:52 pm
get some natty peanut butter and whole wheat or whole grain bread...put the pb and some bread in your book bag and have a sandwich every couple of hours....you can through some precooked chicken in a baggie as well....even some rice if you can find a microwave somewhere....if not just eat it cold.....

hardhit71
10-23-08, 9:01 pm
get some natty peanut butter and whole wheat or whole grain bread...put the pb and some bread in your book bag and have a sandwich every couple of hours....you can through some precooked chicken in a baggie as well....even some rice if you can find a microwave somewhere....if not just eat it cold.....

There is a microwave down the hall in my dorm so the rice idea sounds good. i dont know why i didn't think about the pb idea? Thanks for the help bro.

diesel1976
10-23-08, 9:13 pm
Program looks very solid. Keep with it. Ill be checking in on your progress

hardhit71
10-24-08, 9:05 am
Breakfast:
2 whole eggs
1 piece of sausage (patty)
2 cups of fried potatoes with light ketchup
1 glass of apple juice

machineman
10-24-08, 11:48 am
Breakfast:
2 whole eggs
1 piece of sausage (patty)
2 cups of fried potatoes with light ketchup
1 glass of apple juice

eat a few more eggs (whites) if you can get them...

hardhit71
10-26-08, 3:31 am
I didn't get to post the rest of my diet friday because i went home for the weekend. I probably won't make another post until moday....legs..

I'm going to try to clean up my diet and get it pretty routine. I'm looking to stay somewhat ripped throughout the bulk. One thing i havn't been able to do in the past is get the veins. Before football i was pretty big as well as lean but i just didnt have to pipelines. Any suggestions on that anyone?

hardhit71
10-26-08, 6:46 pm
Sunday
Breakfast:
General Tso's Chicken with light sauce and 1 cup of rice

Meal 2:
Another 2 cups of rice

Meal 3:
PB sandwich

I'll probably only eat one more time today and maybe drink some protein before bed.

machineman
10-26-08, 7:36 pm
definitely need more protein in there, bro....

try www.fitday.com you can see how much you actually take in vs how much you expend. It is a little surprising....I think you need to eat more....if you want to get bigger....

hardhit71
10-26-08, 11:04 pm
today was just a hectic day. didn't have a whole lot of time to eat. thanks for the link. i'll check into it.

hardhit71
10-27-08, 3:03 pm
Meal 1:
4 small waffels
1 glass of milk

Meal 2:
Pasta (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 thin slices of ham
2 baked potatoes

Meal 3:
Protein Shake

Legs tonight. I'll post the numbers and other meals afterwards.

hardhit71
10-27-08, 11:18 pm
Meal 4:
2 cups of white rice
1 large baked potatoe
1 cup of broccoli

Meal 5:
1 can of fruit coctail

Meal 6:
I'll have another shake before bed

Just got back from legs. the weight was a little higher than last week but for some odd reason the fatigue didn't come near as bad. I decided not to do box squats today so i can focus more on my deep squats. I'm considering alternating between box and deep every other week. Input would be helpful.

hardhit71
10-28-08, 10:19 pm
Meal 1:
egg noodles
roast beef
chicken
stuffing

Meal 2:
(CRAP)
hot dog w/ sauce
sloppy joe
onion rings

Meal 3:
Can of Fruit Coctail

Meal 4:
Shake

Meal 5:
Shake

It was a bad day for my diet today. that's what happens when you sleep in i guess

the numbers for shoulders today looked a lot like last weeks but it was a good day

hardhit71
10-29-08, 11:59 pm
I didn't record my meals today and to tell you the truth i really don't remember most of what i ate, but trust me, it was enough, and full of carbs and protein.

Bis and Tris actually went pretty good for me today. I left with an awesome pump and i added at least 5lbs to everything i did last week. it feels good to know i'm making progress. Back tomorrow.

hardhit71
10-30-08, 11:47 pm
Meal 1:
cheese pizza
2 glasses of apple juice
Meal 2:
macaroni
roast beef
grilled chicken
1potatoe
brocolli
2 glasses of poweraid

Meal 3:
Grilled chicken sandwich
16.9 oz bottle of water

Meal 4:
shake

Meal 5:
can of fruit coctail

(I drank a lot of water today so i'm feeling kind of bloated)

Back today just didnt seem to go as expected. I did some decently heavy weight on everything but i just wasnt feeling the burn on my lats. i tried to drop weight and go slower but it just wasn't happening. i dont know whats going on. DL today with 225 but i did them slow. it's the first time ive did them in a while so i tried not to jump into it too fast. just did them slow and strict.

hardhit71
10-31-08, 2:45 pm
Meal 1:
french toast w/ wheat bread...light syrup
egg sandwich
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 2:
2 fish sandwiches
bowl of mandarin oranges
2 glasses apple juice

Chest = awesome
great pump. i worked with DBs but my form was really good i thought. gotta go catch up on those meals now.

Big Wides
10-31-08, 3:17 pm
I didn't record my meals today and to tell you the truth i really don't remember most of what i ate, but trust me, it was enough, and full of carbs and protein.

Bis and Tris actually went pretty good for me today. I left with an awesome pump and i added at least 5lbs to everything i did last week. it feels good to know i'm making progress. Back tomorrow.

Good shit there bro, keep taking those small steps and you'll be there in no time....

hardhit71
11-01-08, 10:27 pm
Saturday: R&R

Meal 1:
bowl of cherios

Meal 2:
PB sandwich

Meal 3:
PB sandwich

Meal 4:
chicken noodles w/ vegies
mashed potatoes
2 biscuits
HI-C

Not near as much as i would like to have. I ran out of Protein again so i have to get some tomorrow. I really need to work on my diet consistency.

hardhit71
11-03-08, 2:25 pm
Meal 1:
2 egg/sausage sandwiches
2 glasses apple juice

Meal 2:
Mashed potatoes
white rice
brocolli
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 3:
PB Sandwich
( I really need to invest in some more protein powder soon )

Getting ready to go do legs. I'm looking to add weight today and possibly more reps.

hardhit71
11-03-08, 9:10 pm
Meal 4:
2 turkey burgers
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 5:
PB sandwich

Meal 6:
Egg Noodles with veggies
bottle of water

I had a lot of progress with leg press today. that's what i started my workout with. I started with 4 plates and a 25 on each side for 14 reps, then 5 plates with 25s on each side, 6 plates with 25s, and 7 plates with 25s. unfortunately my legs were completely dead after this so i decided to go light on squats.

hardhit71
11-04-08, 9:22 pm
Meal 1:
Turkey sandwich
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 2:
PB sandwich
bottle of water

Meal 3:
baked cheesey potatoes
meatballs
eggplant
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 4:
can of fruit coctail

Meal 5:
PB sandwich

I didnt get a chance to do shoulders today because i have a lot of school work to do. I'll have to make it up sunday.

hardhit71
11-05-08, 2:47 pm
Meal 1:
Egg sandwich on wheat bread
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 2:
Egg noodles with vegies
PB sandwich
bottle of water

hardhit71
11-06-08, 1:21 am
Meal 3:
PB sandwich
bottle of water

Meal 4:
mashed potatoes
chicken noodles
pasta
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 5:
PB sandwich

Meal 6:
Shake

Another good day for arms. Not too much to say. I left the gym with a good pump and used about the same weight as last week but it seems to be getting easier so i think i'm going to have to step up the weight next week.

hardhit71
11-07-08, 10:20 pm
I didn't get to post yesterday due to exams but back went pretty well compared to usual. I left with a good pump both in my back and lats so i was content. Chest could have been better today but i'm just trying to learn from my mistakes for now.

machineman
11-08-08, 12:20 pm
hey bro....what is your overall goal? Are you bulking? Cutting? Maintenance?

hardhit71
11-11-08, 12:36 pm
Right now I'm trying to Bulk but still stay somewhat lean if that makes any since? A clean Bulk i guess

Didn't get to post last night but here are my meals for yesterday

Meal 1:
2 egg sandwiches
1 glass of apple juice

Meal 2:
Pb sandwich
Shake

Meal 3:
PB Sandwich

Meal 4:
Baked potatoe wedges
ham sandwich
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 5:
Shake

Meal 6:
Cup of egg noodles with vegies

Legs werent bad yesterday. the numbers were about the same as the previous week except this week i did my deep squats with 275x7 for my last set.

Tonight i have shoulders. I'm looking to leave with a massive pump. i think i'm going to try not to rest any more than 30 seconds between sets tonight.

Today:
Meal 1:
Baked chicken sandwich
2 glasses of apple juice

hardhit71
11-12-08, 12:06 am
Meal 2:
PB sandwich

Meal 3:
Mashed Potatoes
Creamed Corn
gravy
Steak
2 glasses of apple juice
(a little bit of ice cream)

Meal 4:
PB sandwich

Meal 5:
Shake
Egg noodles with vegies

It was a good night for shoulders. I used a little lighter weight on my side lateral raises so i could hold them at the top longer. I left with an awesome pump. Arms tomorrow

hardhit71
11-12-08, 9:56 pm
Meal 1:
Scrambled eggs w/ 2 biscuits and gravy
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 2:
2 PB sandwiches
Bottle of water

Meal 3:
PB Sandwich
Bottle of water

Meal 4:
1 Roll
2 small pieces of meat loaf on bread
1 banana
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 5:
Shake

I just got back from doing arms and it was pure INSANITY. For my alternate DB curls i did them seated backwards on a preacher curl bench. after my 4th set of 15 the burn was pretty intense. I also substituted my EZ bar curls with straight bar close grips. I think that was the first time i hit my outer bis in months. Tris were the same as usual. Then came forearms. I've never had a pump in my forearms like i did tonight. I used 50lb DBs and did forearm rockers (Hold the DBs at your waist rocking the front of the DBs toward the ceiling and holding it, then toward the ground and holding it) for 4 sets of 10. HUGE pump....Then i did wrist curls with DBs. I have to that the extra time i spent in the gym tonight was completely worth it.

hardhit71
11-13-08, 11:52 pm
Meal 1:
Chicken breast
approx. 1 cup green bean caserole
1 baked potatoe
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 2:
Beef sandwich with cheese
baked potatoes (cubes...sort of like fries i guess)
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 3:
Shake

Meal 4:
PB sandwich

Not near enough for my diet today....

My lats felt pretty pumped today but i just wasn't feeling much for lower back.

hardhit71
11-14-08, 8:30 pm
Meal 1:
2 Blueberry Pancakes
1 glass of apple juice

Meal 2:
2 Cheeseburgers plain
1 44 oz Powerade

Meal 3:
Grilled Turkey sandwich
2 glasses of tea

Meal 4:
Lasagna
2 glasses of apple juice/cranberry juice mixed

Meal 5:
Shake

Meal 6:
PB sandwich

Chest went better than expected this week. I was able to pump out some high reps and did 295 for 1 on flat bench. I also tried a new ab workout. I went straight from slow, hanging leg lifts for a set of 15 to crunches for a set of 30 to decline sit-ups for 15. I did this 3 times around and I have to say i was burning. I think I'll stick with this for abs.

hardhit71
11-17-08, 11:35 pm
Meal 1:
4 small waffels
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 2:
4 SMALL peices of cheese pizza
24oz powerade

Meal 3:
2 sandwiches with turkey, roast beef, salami and light mustard
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 4:
Large baked potatoe with light sour cream
2 glasses of apple juice

Meal 5:
Egg noodles with vegies
bottle of water

Meal 6:
Shake

Legs were decent tonight, numbers were about the same as last week.

hardhit71
11-20-08, 10:48 pm
Didn't get to post yesterday because of finals and stuff but arms went pretty well yesterday. Awesome pump. Back today wasn't too bad either. i used 275 for my DL sets and i did 10 straight minutes of hard cardio. chest tomorrow. I might do a little BB bench to see where I'm at strength wise. I'll have to see how I'm feeling.

hardhit71
11-24-08, 11:18 pm
ok so i'm on break from college right now for the next week. that's why i havnt been able to post the past few days. break is causing me to have one huge problem...i dont have a gym membership here anymore. i have some DBs here but not a lot of weight. I'm going to try to use them for every muscle group this week so i don't miss out. I'm think very high reps and strict movements should help me out. any suggestions would help.

hardhit71
11-27-08, 1:54 am
just got a chance to check in... Ive been using the DBs to try and keep up over break. its not working my body as well as i would like but i guess its better than nothing. i probably won't get a chance to post regularly until monday.

hardhit71
12-01-08, 10:33 pm
i decided to switch things up a little bit thanks to some suggestions of people in another thread. I'm swapping monday's legs with wednesday's arms...so monday-arms, wednesday-legs.

arms today went fairly well. i didnt get a chance to do forearms so i'll do them tomorrow with shoulders. I didn't have a very good pump for long so i think i'm going to have to get ahold of an NO product.

My bulk is going pretty good so far. I'm gradually gaining a good amount of size but the fat is there too. just a few more months then i'll be on my cut. i guess i could clean up my diet. it's just hard to becuase i don't have much of a choice in food, living on campus and everything. i also think i might be eathing too much in my meals so i need to cut back on that also.

hardhit71
12-02-08, 6:55 pm
I seeing awesome progress with shoulders. today my traps had a HUGE pum and my shoulders looked like beach balls....well maybe not that big but i guess you get the point. I also did cardio, keeping my heart rate at about 160 for about 15 minutes.

hardhit71
12-03-08, 10:17 pm
i took another step forward tonight on legs. i did my last set on leg press with 16 plates. not a lot to some, but remember, i'm just getting back into the swing of things. surprisingly, my legs werent as warn out as usual. i guess i'm just going to have to work harder.

hardhit71
12-04-08, 9:47 pm
tonight after back the cardio was a bitch. my legs were killing me from yesterday, surprisingly because they didnt feel too bad last night. 20 minutes on the treadmill. i tried to keep my heartrate around 160. also did abs today because i didnt get a chance to yesterday. i'm going to do them again tomorrow..

hardhit71
12-05-08, 8:04 pm
i'm not too sore after chest tonight. unfortunately, the heaviest DB in my current gym is 60 which is pretty shitty if you ask me. I'm hoping to have a good amount of soreness tomorrow.

hardhit71
12-08-08, 6:31 pm
I only got one hour of sleep last night. I was stressed abou my finals and couldnt fall asleep but i ended up doing arms after my final at about 9:30 am. surprisingly i had a really good workout. abs are getting kind of stale on the decline so i upped the reps and slowed the motions. it was messing with my lower back quite a bit but i guess that's the price i have to pay right? shoulders tomorrow....

-RAGE
11-17-09, 2:34 pm
some solid progress is always good, don't let things distract you, keep on keepin on.. putting up that kind of weight is solid bro. you should keep working with that you have potential. good luck..

Hunger for Glory
05-22-14, 12:08 pm
Yo what about your weight?Did you gain those pounds you lost when you started the football seasson?